PDA

View Full Version : Why pierce nose ?

Shantadharani
18th July 2008, 09:38 AM
Hi. I want to wear nose stud. But I am not sure whether I should pierce my nose when there are magnetic type nose studs, the stick-ons and the pressing types available. But I have seen even the film actresses who wear nose studs have pierced their nose.Please tell me what is the advantage of piercing nose versus not piercing and wearing the magnetic type or other types of nose studs. Also please tell me what is the difference between the screw type nose studs and the wire type to the wearer. Which is more comfortable to wear and to change? Please reply. As my marriage is approaching I have to decide fast.
I didnot find any other thread like 'fashion' where I can post this. If it does not fit in here, I request the moderators to delete this thread.

sarna_blr
18th July 2008, 09:41 AM
" My boy friend has got his nose pierced "

the same Shantadharani.... welcome back to HUB.... have FUN... :D

Punnaimaran
19th July 2008, 12:00 PM
Dear Shantadharani,

Happy to hear that you have made up your mind and getting married soon. I'd been following your previous thread and didn't want to comment as I felt that YOU should be the one to take the decision rather than influenced by others' opinions.

Regarding the type of nose ring, sorry I don't have an idea.

Advance wishes for a Very Happy Married Life.

Regards,
Punnaimaran

Shantadharani
19th July 2008, 04:09 PM
Thank you sincrely punnaimaran.

Yea, I took the decision to get married to him. He is such a gem! I took him to my parents (without him wearing nose stud :) ) They agreed and everything went on smoothly. I am to get married in September.
It is my decision to wear nose stud. He is not forcing me even now. I have taken a fancy to it because it looks really cute on me. But I am a bit scared to pierce my nose. Hence I am seeking advise from those who are wearing nose studs, or who know about it.

app_engine
20th July 2008, 12:05 AM
Yea, I took the decision to get married to him. He is such a gem! I took him to my parents (without him wearing nose stud :) ) They agreed and everything went on smoothly. I am to get married in September.

Best wishes for a happy married life, Shantadharani!

Punnaimaran
20th July 2008, 09:29 AM
Dear Shantadharani,

There is nothing to be scared in piercing your nose.

Go ahead and enjoy life.

Regards,
Punnaimaran

app_engine
20th July 2008, 08:38 PM
I felt that YOU should be the one to take the decision rather than influenced by others' opinions.

Digression-
While the individual is responsible for making the final call (and take the responsibility for that decision), there is always benefit is "listening to counsel".

There's nothing wrong in adjusting one's viewpoint after analyzing / comparing with many other views. None of us are gifted with the capability to make the best decision on every matter at all times and under all circumstances. Even the most mature person can lose balance under extreme pressure and/or a situation hitherto unexposed to.

IMHO one should listen, learn, research, analyze before taking important decisions in life.
End-digression

Querida
21st July 2008, 08:34 PM
Hi Shantadharani :) nice to meet you and best wishes!

I too have wanted to pierce my nose in the past, and will offer my advice as I have gleaned from my fellow girlfriends...hope it helps!

Please keep in mind two things : Try it on! and Do it in Advance!

Magnetic nose rings are like magnetic earrings...it varies...i cannot stand it..it hurts too much to keep it on for me...others are fine with it...you'll have to try it out!

Try on different styles whether it's stud or ring..small or bigger before you get the piercing done....a person may look good with a rhinestone stud but look odd with a ring or gold stud...or one/more colour(s) just suits them fantastically...

studs without backings http://www.bojanglesatbishop.com/gallery/abodyjewnose.jpg
are fashionable, inexpensive and changeable but you can lose them quite easily...

important to get your nose pierced in much advance to wedding...piercing will hurt i guess as much as ear piercing but this is more chance of swelling, bleeding, discomfort and infection...please keep your hands away! Less contact with hands less infection!

If you are going to wear the heavy artillery for the wedding...again try it on! (for the one that gets hooked in your hair...http://www.fashion-jewelry-manufacturer.com/pcat-gifs/products-small/BRIDAL-1.JPG

you can also wear a bejewelled ring instead of the hooking kind...just as beautiful and less heavy:http://jewelofthelotus.com/images/JOL1242sm.jpg

CAUTION: make sure to remember that when hugging someone turn your face to the side...you do not want any entanglements with others' hair,saree,jewellery....or with your own...if it happens get your ladies in waiting to help! just remember not to be hasty and aware...

..wear progressively heavier ring or stud types (even if just at home...) you do not want to be in pain on your special day...ALSO please try on the piece that goes in between the nostrils too! Many are made to wear it on their wedding day and find it very uncomfortable and odd looking http://images.inmagine.com/img/blendimages/bld054/bld054832.jpg

last but not least do remember that it is harder for the hole to disappear/fade/heal after you've got it pierced it varys individually some people you can't even tell others will always have a slit in their nose.....

so all in all just have to make an informed decision on your part...hope I have helped you out a little, and again time will give you the chance to get familiar to your new jeweled addition...WISH YOU A HAPPY MARRIED LIFE!!!

Lambretta
21st July 2008, 08:51 PM
..wear progressively heavier ring or stud types (even if just at home...) you do not want to be in pain on your special day...ALSO please try on the piece that goes in between the nostrils too! Many are made to wear it on their wedding day and find it very uncomfortable and odd looking http://images.inmagine.com/img/blendimages/bld054/bld054832.jpg
Odd it does look.......looks like something *EWWW* dripping from the nose! :tongueout: :oops: :lol2:
Cute looking model tho ('hope she's always in tat kinda garb! Hehe)
:P

@shanthadharani, WISH YOU A HAPPY MARRIED LIFE!!! :D

Wibha
21st July 2008, 11:00 PM
last but not least do remember that it is harder for the hole to disappear/fade/heal after you've got it pierced it varys individually some people you can't even tell others will always have a slit in their nose.....

this is a very important thing to remember.

Q- :)

well i had my nose pierced before. It was a hasty decision and my parents didn't approve.

You need to be ready to take the pain and pierce your nose atleast a month before your wedding. Your nose will be swollen for a while.Keeping all these in mind if you are ready you can get it pierced :D

good luck :thumbsup:

Lambretta
21st July 2008, 11:42 PM
well i had my nose pierced before.
You need to be ready to take the pain and pierce your nose atleast a month before your wedding.
So how come u pierced ur nose when u werent gonna get married as yet? :huh: :roll: :?

Wibha
21st July 2008, 11:44 PM
well i had my nose pierced before.
You need to be ready to take the pain and pierce your nose atleast a month before your wedding.
So how come u pierced ur nose when u werent gonna get married as yet? :huh: :roll: :?

you don't need to be a bride to get your nose pierced from what I know.

my mom got it pierced when she was like 10 yrs old or something. :)

Wibha
22nd July 2008, 12:18 AM
important to get your nose pierced in much advance to wedding...piercing will hurt i guess as much as ear piercing but this is more chance of swelling, bleeding, discomfort and infection...please keep your hands away! Less contact with hands less infection!

forgot to add...there will be a lot of irritation and you would wanna touch your nose ring often. KEEP YOUR HANDS AWAY FROM YOUR NOSE at all times atleast for the first few weeks till the swelling reduces and irritation stops. and it also depends on where you are getting it pierced.

and for these don't press them too much while wearing them. Otherwise they look great and fit well.

Shantadharani
26th July 2008, 10:05 AM
Hi Shantadharani :) nice to meet you and best wishes!

Iimportant to get your nose pierced in much advance to wedding...piercing will hurt i guess as much as ear piercing but this is more chance of swelling, bleeding, discomfort and infection...please keep your hands away! Less contact with hands less infection!

Thank you Querida mam! Now I am really scared. My MIL was very happy at my decision to pierce my nose and is taking me to a doctor this sunday to get my nose pierced. (She is presenting me a diamond single stone nose stud). now that I have told her, I suppose I cant back out now and have to get my nose pierced. :? :?

And thank you Wibha mam!. Do you still wear nose stud? One my friends told me to get my nose pierced with a think wire type nose stud and change to screw type later? Should I do that? And how do I wear a thick stemmed screw type nose stud (the type my MIL is giving me ) later? Or can I pierce and wear the screw type directly? Would it hurt too much?
My mom asked me to insert a neem stick after I pierce and leave it for a week and then wear nose stud. She said I will have no infections and problems if I do that. I am very confused...

Querida
26th July 2008, 10:14 AM
Hi Shantadharani,

Don't be scared!!! :)...if everyone got scared then no one would pierce anything! And bleeding/infection is a common issue for any piercing! Just keep your hands off of it when initially pierced!

Anyways going to get it pierced by the doctor is as safe as you can get!

And yes I have heard of the neem stick/garlic clove stick trick even for ear piercings and yes it helps against infection...and well i do think you (if given a choice) should start out with a smaller stud and then when it heals...(which means u do take it out after a week or two and put it back in...and then try the other stud...and if it does inflame do the stick trick) ask the doc what she/he recommends too! Best of Luck...let us know how it goes!

Wibha
26th July 2008, 10:16 AM
And thank you Wibha mam!. Do you still wear nose stud? One my friends told me to get my nose pierced with a think wire type nose stud and change to screw type later? Should I do that? And how do I wear a thick stemmed screw type nose stud (the type my MIL is giving me ) later? Or can I pierce and wear the screw type directly? Would it hurt too much?
My mom asked me to insert a neem stick after I pierce and leave it for a week and then wear nose stud. She said I will have no infections and problems if I do that. I am very confused...

I didn't keep it for long as I couldn't bear the pain.I would go with what your mom says and insert a neem stick and keep it for a few weeks. It reduces the pain and makes you a little comfortable. If you wear a screw type directly you will find the need to tighten or loosen your screw and will land up touching your nose.

Sanguine Sridhar
30th July 2008, 04:50 PM
Hi. I want to wear nose stud. But I am not sure whether I should pierce my nose when there are magnetic type nose studs, the stick-ons and the pressing types available. But I have seen even the film actresses who wear nose studs have pierced their nose.Please tell me what is the advantage of piercing nose versus not piercing and wearing the magnetic type or other types of nose studs. Also please tell me what is the difference between the screw type nose studs and the wire type to the wearer. Which is more comfortable to wear and to change? Please reply. As my marriage is approaching I have to decide fast.
I didnot find any other thread like 'fashion' where I can post this. If it does not fit in here, I request the moderators to delete this thread.

Oh! Welcome back Shanta! Congratulations. I am eager to know whether you have bf has pierced his nose?! :twisted:
Regarding your question I guess all ladies out here have answered.

Why ladies pierce nose? because they are all greedy, greedy to wore jewels in all possible places! :lol: :wink:

Shantadharani
1st August 2008, 09:32 AM
Oh yea!
I pierced my nose (left side) on this sunday. My MIL took me to the doctor. The doctor did it and fixed the diamond nose stud my MIL presented me. It really hurt me more when he inserted the nose stud than when he pierced. But it looked reallyyyyy greaaat !!!
Infact when my fiance saw me at home he just hugged me and kissed the nose stud right in front of his mom. I felt soooo emabarassed. I really should thank Querida mam and Wibha mam for giving me the courage to go through with it. May be I would have backedout if they had not.
But on tuesday I took mom's advise (and Wibha's) and removed the nose stud to insert neemstick smeared with turmeric paste. Infact the pain subsided completely within a day. To day the wound is dried up. I think I will wear nose stud in another 3-4 days.
My fiance was making fun of me for putting the neemstick. He didn't remove his nose stud for a month (when he changed it) and applied only vaseline for a week or so. It has healed beautifully without any complications. Somehow I didn't want to take any chance.
And Mr. Sridhar, we ladies pierce nose and all not because we are greedy, but so that you men can enjoy our beauty!! :)

Querida
1st August 2008, 10:21 AM
congrats Shantadharani!!! Glad your nose stud adds to your beauty :) Oh your fiance also has his nose pierced? Each to his own...haha maybe you two can wear matching studs if you like....well wish you both the very best!!! :)

Wibha
1st August 2008, 11:22 AM
Congrats Shanta :D that's great. Just put up with the boyfriend making fun of you for a few days :) Then it's all your turn :thumbsup:

Fridge
8th August 2008, 04:03 AM
Hallo Shantadharani

Congrads on your Proposal and hope you have a good married life.
Wedding preperations can be sometimes stressfull, but remember to have lots of fun preparing.

Shantadharani
8th August 2008, 10:07 AM
thank you for your wishes. Ms. Fridge.

Btw yesterday I wore the nose stud. I think the piercing is fully healed because there was no pain at all while putting it on, though I had to take help of my fiance.
But I am astonished he can change his nose stud in 15 seconds while it took me almost two minutes to wear my nose stud that too with his help! I didnt know the stem of the nose studs could be so thick!! :roll: