PDA

View Full Version : Meditation

sanju_srilu
5th January 2005, 05:07 PM
The Meditation is very good very health and also keeping down our temperness.

It will keep you cool and fresh at your work.

So just do meditation to keep u healthy.

Sudhaama
6th January 2005, 01:53 AM
Dear Mr. Srilu,

This is Not anything NEW you have said... but what many wise people are advising since several centuries....

... which was LAUGHED AT by the Westerners.... and...

... Subsequently they are the FORE-RUNNERS in the present day world.!

If you want to make this Thread PURPOSEFUL and MEANINGFUL....

Please tell YOUR EXPERIENCE before and after taking up Meditation.

To start with .... Please reply the below-mentioned ..

.... Lay-man's Questions... in a Practical manner ...

Uniquely.... INTERESTING. .... THOUGHT-PROVOKING...

... and CONVERSATIONAL.... on Why and How?

Differing in presentation from the lot of Books already available on the Subject., Internationally.

(1) What is Meditation? Is it a THERAPY ? ... or .. A DAILY ROUTINE like washing Teeth and Taking Bath?... How and Why?.

(2) What made you CHOOSE this Process of Meditation?

(3) What Realistic Benefit you got out of Meditation?

(4) In What way the People who practice Meditation and others who DO NOT.... can DISCERN and feel different by this practice?

(5) What is your SUGGESTION or ADVICE to any Seeker based on YOUR EXPERIENCE? .

.... and the like....

.... I too will join with you... time to time ...

.... Sharing the Practical-Knowledge and EXPERIENCE of Mine too !!!

By taking up such a HEALTHY APPROACH...

..... You will be doing a WORTHY SERVICE .... to the Global-Society.

Surya
6th January 2005, 02:07 AM
My dad's been meditating everyday since he was in his twneties, I've never seen him angry. That's because of meditation right?

Cindy
13th February 2005, 01:31 PM
Sudhama...

I am not wise enough to explain all about meditation... but as you said...meditation in my experiences..

Have you ever wondered where to keep a thing in your fully stuffed cupboard, not even able to close as things are pushing out?...but there would be enough space there after arranging things inside properly and removing the unwanted things out?...or sometimes even without removing anything... you will find enough space...

I once realized that my mind too is stuffed with too many junks and dont remember a thing when i need it... and think of it when i am trying to remember something else.... and my teacher gave me this wonderful tool - meditation. when you do meditation with proper breathing....it calms your mind and your brain gets enough oxygen for its proper function and you WILL see the difference ...the magic that works on you.

"Neuroscientists have found that meditators shift their brain activity to different areas of the cortex - Brain waves in the stress-prone right frontal cortex move to the calmer left frontal cortex. In other words, they were calmer and happier than others."

You will be able to remain calm in any situation.(YEs Surya, thats right).

It encourages deeper understanding of yourself and others. Thus you will follow your chosen path with more precision. It will be easier for you to stand up for yourself and, therefore, your relationships with others will improve.

madhu
13th February 2005, 01:35 PM
Hi !

till today I am confused about meditation ! In prayer and during some work.. we are concentrating and is it not giving you the result of meditation..? Exactly why we have to sit and do it.. ? Plz anyone explain.. Plz dont use high level words... Just tell me in layman's worlds..

Raghu
14th February 2005, 05:31 PM
Sudhama,

Neengha Krishnarin aaruyir nanabar aiche :D

(1) What is Meditation? Is it a THERAPY ? ... or .. A DAILY ROUTINE like washing Teeth and Taking Bath?... How and Why?.

Meditation derives from HINDUISM, it's basic technique is 'Self Realisation', that is to understand, that this body is not yours, you are only the Athma, and the world and every thing that you indulge in this material world during this era 'Kali Yuga' is all ‘Maya’ (Illusion).

Hence the ONLY purpose of Meditation (have) is to liberate the 'ATHMA' from this 'Maya' with the ‘Paramatha’ (the Ultimate truth)

This is why Maheshwar (Maha means Big, Iswar means the Ultimate truth, in this case Lord Shiva, hence the name Maheshwar), Lord Shiva, who comprises of Lord Vishnu & Brahma is the supreme Personality of God head, his Shivalingam denotes this.

If you look at a Typical Picture of Lord Shiva, he shows (poses) how meditation should be done; he sits with Legs Crossed, and thread of 108 beads in his one hand
And the other one resting on a stick, with his eyes closed, all the energy is concentrated on his 'Kundala' his forehead,
This is called meditation, as per my knowledge.
:D

ramurugan
15th February 2005, 10:48 AM
Dear Srilu,

I am very much interested in learning Yoga, Meditation & Pranayama... Anyone to guide me.... I am in Chennai....

Murugu...

Shakthiprabha.
15th February 2005, 06:18 PM
I ve not learnt proper meditation. I understand anyway of concentrating on anything pleasing is a form of meditation. Generally When alone, I close my eyes, and visualise greenery and I am wandering along the greenery with carefree mind. Sometimes just the greenery would suffice.

Then at some point of time, thoughts arises would be lessened.
I have experienced a jolt or two of sudden surge of energy and immy got up from meditation. I was I agree, lil scared to go beyond that. I AM STILL LIL SCARED to do beyond that.

Unfortunately, I dont have any proper guru, who has initiated me to do meditation. What I do is, just my own kinda meditation.

Mediation has foll benefits.

1. RELAXES U
2. REFRESHES U
3. MAKES U EXPERIENCE PEACE FROM DEEP WITHIN

Raghu
15th February 2005, 07:08 PM
3. MAKES U EXPERIENCE PEACE FROM DEEP WITHIN

that is what is called 'Athma' :D

Shakthiprabha.
15th February 2005, 07:36 PM

aha! Blessed I am oh guru :P.

Raghu
15th February 2005, 08:18 PM

aha! Blessed I am oh guru :P.

er, and how can u miss the 'Ji'? :x :lol: :lol: , I mean it should have been Guru Ji, instead of Guru :D

pradheep
15th February 2005, 09:09 PM
Good to see soemthing needful being discussed here. As our dear friends (Guru-ji (s)) have explained , meditation helps to understand (realize?) our true self (atma , which in scientific terms is consciousness but not awareness).

Meditation in another words is to transcend our thoughts and realize we are more than just thinkng machines. In initial stages doing meditation we experience many health benefits, like lowering of blood pressure, lowering stress, clarity in thinking etc etc.

I am now living in fairfield , iowa, probably the largest population in the world that practices meditation - transcendental meditation. Almost everday morning and evening around 5000 people do meditation (3000 in a group meditation in a dome building). The total population of the town is 10,000 and so 50% of practices meditation. Unfortunately the Indian population is less than 0.001% here. Americans who have understand the value of meditation are doing meditation do here morning and evening everyday for 2.5 hours.

Raghu
15th February 2005, 09:26 PM
Good to see soemthing needful being discussed here. As our dear friends (Guru-ji (s)) have explained , meditation helps to understand (realize?) our true self (atma , which in scientific terms is consciousness but not awareness).

Meditation in another words is to transcend our thoughts and realize we are more than just thinkng machines. In initial stages doing meditation we experience many health benefits, like lowering of blood pressure, lowering stress, clarity in thinking etc etc.

I am now living in fairfield , iowa, probably the largest population in the world that practices meditation - transcendental meditation. Almost everday morning and evening around 5000 people do meditation (3000 in a group meditation in a dome building). The total population of the town is 10,000 and so 50% of practices meditation. Unfortunately the Indian population is less than 0.001% here. Americans who have understand the value of meditation are doing meditation do here morning and evening everyday for 2.5 hours.

Pradeep Ji,

welcome back :D :D , I was wondering were you were all these years :D

Good, do participate in 'Does GOD exists' topic as well,

Rohit
16th February 2005, 02:56 AM
Hello Pradheep,

How are you these days, my friend? It is really good to see you after a long time. :)

Raghu has requested you to post in 'Does God exist?’ thread when it is already locked :wave:

Unfortunately, you will not be able to post any new posts there.

I notice, you joined the new forum-hub long before I did, but you seem to have "missed" the thread when it was hotly debated. :thumbsup:

:idea: Instead, please do post your views in “Do you believe in Evolution or Creation (God)?” – below is the link for you to access the thread right from here.

http://forumhub.lunarpages.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=369&start=225

Just a small reminder, after you have clicked the above link, please don't forget to cast your vote, if you haven't done so already.

Good Luck :!:

pradheep
16th February 2005, 04:46 AM
Dear raghu and Rohit
Thank you. Nice to be back after long time. I was very busy and could not get back. Hope to be a regular visitor. I did not read any of your posts which I always loved to read. Because you are my other side of wisdom, the intellectual side. whatver you write is a feed for my wisdom side to reply. I do not want to comment untill I read all the posts.
Thank you and i will cast my vote for time being.

Cindy
16th February 2005, 08:51 AM
Though there are many types of meditations, I prefer the sriyantra meditation.. just download the picture to your desktop. Sit in a comfortable position, breath in breath out, and concentrate on the picture, and the dot in the middle...without straining your eyes to look at the dot.. or u can focus on the whole picture too.. for 5 minutes to begin with every day. you can save the picture from the following links:

http://www.mindpowerindia.com/yantra.htm

or try googling with sriyantra or sri yantra.. and choose the one you want.

Raghu
16th February 2005, 03:21 PM
Hello Pradheep,

Raghu has requested you to post in 'Does God exist?’ thread when it is already locked :wave:

Oh dear, I was not aware of that Rohit :( , but still you can not escape me, pradheep and GOD this time :lol: :lol: , just joking Rohit :D

pradheep
16th February 2005, 05:47 PM
what ever types of meditation you describe are only different ways to realise one truth. Meditation isto trascend thoughts to awareness. In this process what ever benefits one expeiences are only small "complementary||" benefits one get compared to the actual purpose.

One can choose any method...focussing on light, objects etc etc. What one should be aware of is the "Awareness" in us. The mind, the thoughts drifts away everytime when wesit in meditation. Dont worry that is the nature of the mind like the untamed horse.

|You might sit down with the objective of focussing an object with your mind. Within few seconds your mind would travel from USA to India without spending 1000 dollars and 22 hours.

This straying of the mind is frustrating ............but you will be patient if you understand why you are meditating. You are meditating to be aware that the mind is wandering. ||Analyse for yourself......you are not aware that the mind is wandering untill your legs starts aching.

Sobe aware of the mind that is wandering. This is what watching your thoughts. This will make youto experience "Awareness|" (shiva|) which will ultimately help you to experience consciousness |(vishnu|). The sleeping consciosuness and dancing awareness. This is the purpose of meditation.

Raghu
16th February 2005, 09:09 PM
what ever types of meditation you describe are only different ways to realise one truth. Meditation isto trascend thoughts to awareness. In this process what ever benefits one expeiences are only small "complementary||" benefits one get compared to the actual purpose.

One can choose any method...focussing on light, objects etc etc. What one should be aware of is the "Awareness" in us. The mind, the thoughts drifts away everytime when wesit in meditation. Dont worry that is the nature of the mind like the untamed horse.

|You might sit down with the objective of focussing an object with your mind. Within few seconds your mind would travel from USA to India without spending 1000 dollars and 22 hours.

This straying of the mind is frustrating ............but you will be patient if you understand why you are meditating. You are meditating to be aware that the mind is wandering. ||Analyse for yourself......you are not aware that the mind is wandering untill your legs starts aching.

Sobe aware of the mind that is wandering. This is what watching your thoughts. This will make youto experience "Awareness|" (shiva|) which will ultimately help you to experience consciousness |(vishnu|). The sleeping consciosuness and dancing awareness. This is the purpose of meditation.

exatcly, our mind is like a 'Monkey' :twisted: which is wandering all the time, the whole purpose of 'Meditation', is to focus the Mind and Shakthi(Enerygy) onto Shiva and realise the 'Athma' within us and Merge it with the 'Paramathma(Shiva)'. Meditation is a process of Liberating the 'athma' with 'Paramathma'.

My way of Focusing is thinking a Picture of Lord Shiva in the form of ShivaLingam.

Pradheep, Shiva is a Combination of Vishnu & Brahma :D

Nama Shivaya Namhivaya Om Namashivaya

sbalas
18th February 2005, 08:54 PM
Meditation can be learnt from Shri Vethathiri Maharishi (Vazhga Valamudan fame). No mantra is required. He advises you to meditate and has some nice audio tapes teaching you to meditate. You start the tape and do as advised.

Vipassana Meditation from Shri Goenka, Igatpuri dwells on observing the inhalation and exhalation processes of the breath. That means you only dwell on the present. Brooding over the past brings worrisome thoughts. Worrying over future brings you anxious moments. Simply living in the 'present' - that in a way is meditation.

There are other methods too. But observing the breath - coming in and going out and tracing the breath from the nose to your lungs - that definitely does not allow you to travel from Mumbai to New York ticketfree. Try this. When you truly practice this method, you should be able to listen to your breath going in and coming out. It is as subtle as that.

But all these are adviseably done under proper guidance. I have known one or two cases of intense meditation-lovers going cranky after some time. They did get initial success in their attempts on meditation.

One final word. Do not discuss the experiences of your meditation with others. Some will laugh at you. Some will mock at you. This is bound to distract you and divert your attention from the real benefits of meditation. Meditation should, when successfully done, be able to calm your mind and restore balance in your life.

Sudhaama
21st February 2005, 06:05 AM
Meditation

For the Questions I put forth to the Initiator of this Useful Thread ... there is No reply so far.... So I take up the matter... by myself answering the Questions already raised by me..

Without the necessity of a Tutor to Monitor, this can be useful for any Stranger or New-comer to gain the Meaningful Happiness and Success in Life...by means of a Very Simple Method of Practice.... utilising the already bestowed powers sleeping within every Man.

Even though there are several Books in detail... on this Subject... advocating various types of Meditation... as well as different Schools of Approach... I want to put forth in as simple manner as possible towards its Basic-Purpose... and its imperative need for any Common Man of any Religious Faith... of any Theist... .

(1) What is Meditation ?

Similar to Physical-excercise for the Body-upkeep and development... Meditation is mainly a Daily Simple excercise for our Mind.

(2) What is its Rudimentary Purpose ?

Unlike other Creatures... Mankind alone is bestowed with enormous Inner-Might of 3 Supreme Powers amongst the Earthly Creatures. They are ...

(1) Wisdom coupled with 6th Sense.
(2) Greater Mind-Power
(3) Spiritual-Power

But the Man is not utilising his innate Mights to his Best advantage... especially the Mind-Power and Spiritual-Powers... which if properly toned up and maintained... Man can easily achieve the Human-Standard of Life... of Meaningful Happiness and Success... apart from other benefits towards a higher Sphere. So by means of Meditation, the Mind is properly channelised, toned up as also tuned up matching to his Self-Discipline and Code-of Practice ... suiting to his own Individuality.

(3) Is it a Religious Practice or a Scientific Therapy.?

Both... But it does not lead the Man towards any one Particular Religion... but common to all the Religions... channelising his approach towards the Common-Spectrum of God-Faith ... without further vivi-section of colours within. Rather it must be treated as a Spiritual-practice involving the three powers available for him at his easy Reach.... Mind, Own-Spiritual-Power(Aathma) and the Cosmic-Power around the whole Universe which is Organising, Managing and Governing the whole Conduct of Nature.... beyond the Realm of Human-access. So to say all these three powers are fine-tuned towards one Unified Radio-Wave... making him get the due access for Thought-communication with the Supreme whose Grace or Co-operation at one or the other Stage of his Endeavours... is indispensable....

Rather Meditation is similar to Tuning the TV Set towards a particular Channel... to Receive the Communication... which has been already transmitted around by the TV Transmitter.... In Meditation it functions Vice-Versa too.

The famous Scientist Albert Einsteine said...

Science without Religion is BLIND
Religion without Science is LAME.

Religious Faith and Scientific Approach on Life are absolutely essential for Mankind... But these two Great assets of Man should be treated as his Two Eyes... ensuring his look towards the same direction by means of both the Eyes.... even though the type of Faith may varry from person to person according to his inidividual Perception and Belief.

In brief Science and Religion are inter-dependants.... and so a Religious-approach on Science and a Scientific approach on Religion can alone keep the Mankind in the True-balance of Nature.

I will proceed further... after hearing the Readers' Views.... Welcome

Raghu
23rd February 2005, 05:01 PM
Try this link out dudes

http://www.yogamandir.com/

rammala
3rd December 2006, 06:42 PM
Hi!
I was told and also I read in some website that Osho had written about pranayama in a small book when he was Acharya Rajneesh. Also understand from that website that His teachings were similar to that of Sri sri Ravishankar. Can some one throw some light on Oshos book pl.

Braandan
4th December 2006, 06:05 AM
Parrots Parrots!!

snrajan
7th December 2006, 03:51 PM
concentrate between your eye brows and do some Japa, go on repeating it, after a few days u will feel something throbing or say pulsting in between eye brows and u will see a light starts flashing, that is your Atma.

Braandan
8th December 2006, 04:37 AM
snrajan,
Ha Ha Ha.. so easy to see the Atma? Why don't you photograph it next time you see it???

Surya
8th December 2006, 05:22 AM
concentrate between your eye brows and do some Japa, go on repeating it, after a few days u will feel something throbing or say pulsting in between eye brows and u will see a light starts flashing, that is your Atma.

I've had something similar...My parents told me to chant Gayitri Mantra 101 times a day, so I started doing it, at first there wasn't any difference, but later on I started to see that I was in a better mood through out the day, and things just lightened up a lot more, so I started to do it everyday, been doing it for about a year...and I do feel something throbbing between my eyebrows lately...although none of that other stuff has really happened to me...it's quite amazing to read that here, since I've had a similar expierence! :D :D

Now I don't know if what I'm expierenceing is what ur talking abt thought, :D although I would think that it takes a lot more than a year of "Meditating" to actually see or feel the aathma...not quite sure..:?

skanthan
8th December 2006, 08:02 AM
I totally agree with what all has been said here about meditation.

For me, the best pooja is meditation. As this is done inwardly and gives a wonderful feeling inside and is extremely peaceful. I love meditating early in the morning in front of my altar and also I like doing this also in the temples. I learned meditation from my guru via meditation guidelines She had written up for Her devotees.

I was doing some meditation before I knew my guru, but, it was not as good as the meditations am doing now. I try to meditate regularly though sometimes I tend to miss my meditations even after my guru has advised I should not miss even a day of meditation.

snrajan
8th December 2006, 11:53 AM
I too sarted with Gayatri Mantra japa daily with out count. Later when it started vibrating in between eyebrows i had some divine exeriences which still i continue to have, somebody who know these things mentioned about Atma, Self, such & such. Nowadays I am more advanced and get my answers from inside. I am still on the Path and would like to continue to do so.

Braandan
9th December 2006, 07:56 AM
I too sarted with Gayatri Mantra japa daily with out count. Later when it started vibrating in between eyebrows i had some divine exeriences which still i continue to have, somebody who know these things mentioned about Atma, Self, such & such. Nowadays I am more advanced and get my answers from inside. I am still on the Path and would like to continue to do so.

'divine experience'!.. how do you experience an experience without already knowing about it?.. somebody had told you or you have read that it is 'divine'.. which means it is second hand! When you say 'I experienced such-and-such-thing..' it means that you already know about it and you are expecting it..

divine experience is never known before-hand that it is divine, neither will the experience be second-hand..

Sudhaama
31st December 2006, 09:27 PM
.Meditation: UNIFICATION OF INNER POWERS.!!

Glad to know... Dear "snrajan". You are correct.

Meditation is a part of Yoga... which means UNIFACTION OF INNER FORCES...

...which sort of practice makes a man... Fully Vital... well-matching and highly worthy as a Human-being.

This Great SPIRITUAL SCIENCE originated from India... by Vedic-Studies...

.. some people were and are mocking at this INVALUABLE HUMAN-ASSET...

They start realising their blunder... when they observe... several foreigners started resorting to this practice... duly reaping the high benefits... easy at their reach, without the aid of any Drugs or Money....

... but by just Bodily-exercise.!... Resulting in MIRACULOUS ADVANTAGE.. INCREDIBLE but True.

By your such continued Exercise and practise... your Soul-power will get enhanced... which is called AATHMA-SAKTHI...

.. which is the Super-might... which Mankind alone can achieve.

Such Aathma-Sakthi... will ensure EASY SUCCESS...

...and GREATEST HAPPINESS in Life..!!!

Braandan
8th January 2007, 09:59 AM
Except for boosting one's ego and label onself as 'I am a meditator', giving oneself a special place in society (like anyother egoistic label) what is meditation used for?

A person who has known the benefits will never talk about it, much less post in forumhub about it!!!

Designer
10th January 2007, 08:59 AM
Except for boosting one's ego and label onself as 'I am a meditator', giving oneself a special place in society (like anyother egoistic label) what is meditation used for?

A person who has known the benefits will never talk about it, much less post in forumhub about it!!!

Braandan : One cannot make sweeping & generalising statements categorising all practitioners of Meditation as Egotists or Publicity seekers !

Meditation is not for boosting one's Ego - in fact it helps to balance it. Moreover, many have found peace & comfort in times of distress & sorrow, by practising Meditation. And those who have benefitted by Meditation can tell others about their positive experiences, so that it may help them also.

And if you take the loftier purpose, Meditation helps one to realise the higher consciousness, and progress towards the highest. The experiences it gives cannot be explained in words; one has to practise it to know its purpose. Just as reading a book on 'how to play cricket' will not help an amateur become a Cricketeer - unless he or she starts playing the game !

Braandan
10th January 2007, 11:41 AM
'Practicing' meditation is the real problem.. The more you practice the more you go away from the target.. Meditation is your very true nature..every practice takes you away from it..' Progress towards the highest' .. dah.. all these stories somebody told you and you keep repeating it like parrots!!! Meditation is lack of any practice, not doing a thing is meditation, which is actually what you are to begin with!!!

Badri
10th January 2007, 11:50 AM
Meditation is lack of any practice, not doing a thing is meditation, which is actually what you are to begin with!!!

Not to sound rude or anything, but just wondering if this statement of yours is pure self discovery or is it also what you have heard from someone?

Designer
10th January 2007, 11:53 AM
'Practicing' meditation is the real problem.. The more you practice the more you go away from the target.. Meditation is your very true nature..every practice takes you away from it..' Progress towards the highest' .. dah.. all these stories somebody told you and you keep repeating it like parrots!!! Meditation is lack of any practice, not doing a thing is meditation, which is actually what you are to begin with!!!

'Meditation' means "To reflect on; contemplate. To plan in the mind; intend". So whatever be the purpose, without planning or thinking how to do it albeit subconsciously, one doesnt begin any task.

'stories' Braandan ? Suppose you say you have eaten the best pizza in your life and suppose another person says, no you havent really eaten it, you are repeating someone's gastronomic experience like a parrot? but the proof of the pudding is in the eating is it not? so without trying out some form of Meditation, how can you say its rubbish? so try it first and then post your opinions.

btw my post reg Meditation is based on my individual, personal experiences and not heresay or anybody else's viewpoint.

temporary sori-Observer
11th January 2007, 08:13 PM
Brandan ANNaa,
After meditating for many months under a tree, Buddha attained his enlightenment :shock: :lol2:. He also received a special place in the society. But he was not silent after that. He asked a lot of others to follow this practice. Was it because of his own ego? :fishgrin:

PS: Paarththu answer paNNunga. AppaRam oru hubber vanthu ungaLai ellaa threadilum kadi kadinnu kadikka aarambichchuduvaar :D

snrajan
12th January 2007, 12:22 PM
Unless one shares his experiences, nobody will know what's happening. Mr.Brandan is an honest critic. Let's not critisize him. He is entitled to his opinion. This is a forum where one can share his anubhavs and can guide others atleast that is what I gathered. May be I am wrong.

With regards to one and all.

snrajan

Designer
12th January 2007, 12:32 PM
Unless one shares his experiences, nobody will know what's happening. Mr.Brandan is an honest critic. Let's not critisize him. He is entitled to his opinion. This is a forum where one can share his anubhavs and can guide others atleast that is what I gathered. May be I am wrong.

With regards to one and all.

snrajan

snrajan : I dont think anyone is criticising Braandan's criticism, but the fact that he/she is criticising it without mentioning whether he/she has actually tried any type of Meditation. Will any gourmand criticize a particular dish without even trying it atleast once?

Braandan
14th January 2007, 03:08 AM
Ultimately at the end of all that practice spending
hours for years on end, you still have the sense of
"I am meditating" during the time of meditation. Then there
is no difference between anything else like "I am murdering",
"I am stealing", "I am eating" or "I am copulating". So far
as the sense of "I am a meditator" is existing, the whole thing
is a waste. People who advertise meditation promise you that
at the end of years of practice you achieve such and such
experience. You are not freeing yourself from anything, because
you are still attached to that experience. No difference from
having sex or eating.. The whole hype is a humbug. If you are
not freed from the sense of "I am in such and suh state" what
difference does this makes from any other activity. You can
as well do something else.

snrajan
16th January 2007, 04:35 PM
Excellent Mr. Brandan. This shows you are well versed in the subject. Plz. keep it up.

Unless and until you get some glimpse or say some kind of experiences u can't go further. Sometimes had fear of loosing myself, with nobody to guide etc. etc. Still a layman, told u what little experience I had, still am learning and willing to learn more and more experience more and more.

Can any one be my guide and mentor.

with regards to one and all,

snrajan

Sudhaama
25th October 2008, 08:16 PM
.Meditation... a MUST-EXERCISE... for every Human.!

.Why.? How.?

(1) Meditation is the Elementary part of Yoga... which means UNIFICATION OF FORCES...

...available for all Humans....

..so to say.. by means of Meditation.. we practice for unification of one and all of our Inner-forces...

..like Mind, Wisdom, Body and Soul powers towards one Common-Goal...

...the Cosmic-force... prevalent all around us...

..otherwise called the Supreme Spiritual-power...

..hidden behind Nature.

So by such practice we get several Advantages...

..which cannot be gained by any other means...

..SO EASILY.!!!

snrajan
27th October 2008, 11:09 AM
Try to locate :"Blue Pearl". Once one locates and experience 'IT' it is the height of meditation.

anbu_kathir
27th October 2008, 06:33 PM
Try to locate :"Blue Pearl". Once one locates and experience 'IT' it is the height of meditation.

Meditation, fundamentally, is not trying to do anything in particular.

Love and Light.

suvai
27th October 2008, 06:59 PM
Entering this with respects to one & all who have shared their inner minds.

Would be humbly grateful if someone could shed light as to which is a good meditation course(s) to follow online......for youngsters around 25 to 28.

Thankyou all in advance.........incase we r not allowed to ask such questions in here......then plz accept my apologies too!

sincerly,
suvai

Sudhaama
28th October 2008, 01:01 AM
. Meditation Process for a Beginner... How.?

Entering this with respects to one & all who have shared their inner minds.

Would be humbly grateful if someone could shed light as to which is a good meditation course(s) to follow online......for youngsters around 25 to 28.

Thankyou all in advance.........incase we r not allowed to ask such questions in here......then plz accept my apologies too!

sincerly,
suvai

Dear "Suvai"

Why you should feel hesitant or apologetic... in asking such a HEALTHY Question...

.... raised with Inquisitiveness towards SELF-ADVANCEMENT.?

There are several Meditation-methods... and Schools of opinions on this Human Inner- powers Exercise.

I detail herebelow a simplest Method... out of all the Options.

Process of Meditation:---

(1) Meditation is a SIMPLE Exercise... intended for Unification of Inner forces available only for the Supreme birth... the Mankind.

It has to be practiced regularly and daily... as a Routine...

..like Eating, Sleeping, Physical-Exercise etc.

It is preferable to have it in the Morning hours... immediately after waking up from Sleep...

...since it will be easy and more Result-oriented for such Mind-exercises.

(2) Sit CALM... in a Calm Dark-Room... with an Alarm-Timer... set for just 10 Minutes.

(3) Switch on a Torch light or any Artificial Flame-like object in front of you... facing you.

(5) Closely look at the Central-Light object only... Concentrate your attention... wholly on that one point of Light Source.

(6) Close your Eyes.. as also the Torch light.

(7) Imagine that Light is still remaining and glowing in front of you..

...Slowly and gradually develop your imagination... that a Beam of Light -Rays is falling on the Central-point in between your Eye-brows.

(8) Concentrate on that point of your face only...

... along with the powerful Rays of Light received at that Entry-point of your Face.

(9) Retain that Concentration... constantly, without swerving your Mind... for about 10 Minutes... until you hear the Alarm sound.

(10) At the end of your Set-Time 10 Minutes... you can complete the Meditation thus.

Imagine the Sharp and Forceful Beam of Light... till then falling in between your Eyebrows... are gradually getting spread-over your whole face.

(11) Remain in such state just for One Minute... and then imagine that such a Light has spread over your whole Body...

..as also entered into your Body... through your Face-dot.

(12) Finally... gradually open your Eyes and relax for 5 Minutes at least.

Then you can take up other activities.

Initially for some people... it may be difficult to concentrate continuously for 10 Minutes... you need not worry about it.

Bring it back to concentration.. every time you miss the Balance.

After achieving success for 10 Minutes... for One week or more...

...Increase the duration step by step... to 15, 20, 25, and finally 30 Minutes.

That must be enough for the Elementary Stage.

You can feel the Efficacy of Meditation... after continuous Daily pratice for about a minimum period of One Month.

Please try and report your Practical- odds if any.

With Best Wishess,
Sudhaama.

suvai
28th October 2008, 02:46 AM
Dear Sudhaama,
Thank you for your kind & prompt post.......:-)
With Regards,
Suvai

snrajan
4th November 2008, 02:36 PM
Suvai,

The best meditation is to always be in the present. Plz. watch your breath going in and out of nostrils, when ever your mind wanders bring it back to your breath, then you will always be in the present.

This is the best meditation which I have enjoyed.

pizzalot
15th January 2009, 01:17 AM
I was quickly skimming the posts to see if anyone warned about side effects of meditiation. Since no one has mentioned anything ..

A young friend of mine started doing meditation some 4 years back. Gradually he progressed to some stage when he started realizing some violet jerk in his body at a "particular" point while meditating. He thought he was "progressing" and continued doing it.

Then came to a stage when he was getting this jerk even in his sleep. Just when he was starting to doze off , he was waking-up with violent jerks. This will keep repeating every 1 minute. His sleep was no more normal. He discontinued his meditative practice and after a while the problem went off.

Months afterwards , he was diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). If any of you do not know what this is , it is obstruction of nasal passage in the throat when you relax or sleep. This disrupts your sleep cycle, sometimes as often as once every 1 minute. He was given a CPAP Machine which delivers air pressure to keep the passage open even while sleeping.

Apparently it is because of OSA that he was waking-up violently both during meditation and sleep, because the nasal passage relaxes during the time. So what explains why it went-off when he discontinued meditation ? Apparently it did not. Practicing meditiation had just brought him to a state when he was sleeping consciously. He was conciously "feeling" the OSA whenever it occured. Does he practice meditiation now ? NOOOO. Why ? Even though it does not cause or aggravate OSA , he is just too scared to feel consciously what is happening in his body while sleeping. Eventhough it still happens to him now , he does not care , because he is not aware of it.

So meditiation may cause side-effects at one point or other. Some might experience "dissociation". I will tell you about it in my subsequent post about the experience of another friend if you want.

I am not discouraging anyone here. I just want that you know that there could be some untolerable side effects. Better approach a guru or peer group rather than doing it all by yourself.

Sudhaama
15th January 2009, 02:01 AM
.SIDE-EFFECT... of Meditation.!!...???.

I was quickly skimming the posts to see if anyone warned about side effects of meditiation. Since no one has mentioned anything ..

A young friend of mine started doing meditation some 4 years back. Gradually he progressed to some stage when he started realizing some violet jerk in his body at a "particular" point while meditating. He thought he was "progressing" and continued doing it.

Then came to a stage when he was getting this jerk even in his sleep. Just when he was starting to doze off , he was waking-up with violent jerks. This will keep repeating every 1 minute. His sleep was no more normal. He discontinued his meditative practice and after a while the problem went off.

Months afterwards , he was diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). If any of you do not know what this is , it is obstruction of nasal passage in the throat when you relax or sleep. This disrupts your sleep cycle, sometimes as often as once every 1 minute. He was given a CPAP Machine which delivers air pressure to keep the passage open even while sleeping.

Apparently it is because of OSA that he was waking-up violently both during meditation and sleep, because the nasal passage relaxes during the time. So what explains why it went-off when he discontinued meditation ? Apparently it did not. Practicing meditiation had just brought him to a state when he was sleeping consciously. He was conciously "feeling" the OSA whenever it occured. Does he practice meditiation now ? NOOOO. Why ? Even though it does not cause or aggravate OSA , he is just too scared to feel consciously what is happening in his body while sleeping. Eventhough it still happens to him now , he does not care , because he is not aware of it.

So meditiation may cause side-effects at one point or other. Some might experience "dissociation". I will tell you about it in my subsequent post about the experience of another friend if you want.

I am not discouraging anyone here. I just want that you know that there could be some untolerable side effects. Better approach a guru or peer group rather than doing it all by yourself.

Interesting News.!... but INCREDIBLE on the Cause.!

Yes, my dear "pizzalot"... I believe what you say is TRUE.

But cannot accept that the Cause was due to Meditation.! No.! It cannot be.

Even in some cases of Yogasana practices and even the Common Physical Exercises...

...Some such JERKS or Sudden Onslaughts of Head-ache or Dizziness or Breathing discomfort... have indeed occurred ...

...at initial stages of Training.

But invariably, they have been deeply analysed Medically and found that the Cause was NOT MEDITATION... NOR YOGASANAS NOR PHYSICAL TRAINING...

In some cases the Teachersd have identified the FAULTY PRACTICES deviating from the Methods and Stages prescribed..

..or viol;ation of Norms stipulated... especially for the Beginner.

For your kind information... even the Famous Medical-Experts viz. Dr. B.Ramamoorthi Chief Neurologist for President of India...

..Dr. Narendran Chief Neurologist for M.G.Ramachandran Ex CM of Tamilnadu.

..Dr. Prathab Reddy, Chairman Apollo Hospitals...

..Mahatma Gandhi... Rajaji,... Dr. M.S.Subbulakshmi, Musician...

..Dr Issac Newton, Scientist... Albert Einsteine Scientist... are some leading Examples who practised Meditation SUCCESSFULLY.

You can judge the efficacy and Spiritual Values of Meditation...

..which alone can prop up FAST AND EASILY...the Soul-power, Brain-might, Mind-strength as well as the COHESIVE-BALANCE of Inner mights...

..as well as the Rare Gain of SUPPLEMENTARY MIGHT... to have DIREDCT-ACCESS with the Supreme COSMIC-POWER widely prevalent closeby.... but hidden in our atmosphere.

Rather Meditation means TUNING UP our Soul to the same WAVE-LENGTH... of Supreme God... which is Scientifically called as COSMIC-POWER.

Similar to TUNING-UP our Radio or Television at Receving End...

... to coincide with the same waves or rays from Transmitter... at Sending End.

So I can assure that Meditation cannot create a Side-Effect.

Must be some other Reason or Cause.

.Yes. MEDITATION is a Spiritual-Exercise towards worthy Life as MANKIND.!...

..availing the Maximum Advantage of our Hidden Strength...

...SLEEPING WITHIN US.!!!... Needing AWAKENING.!

..As much as the cases of our Body, Brain and Mind too.!!!

pizzalot
16th January 2009, 05:41 AM

Must be some other Reason or Cause.

I agree.

The actual cause for OSA was his obesity. Probably he was suffering from the condition long before he started to meditate. I do not know if you have seen people suffering from OSA. They keep "waking-up" in sleep with a "gasping jerk" quite often. and yet they will not realize that. What I was saying was, meditation caused my friend to become aware of the gasping that he was doing once every minute. Each time , he was feeling that he was almost getting killed without being able to breathe. Without meditation he still suffered, but it all happened without his knowledge. He is currently using a CPAP machine while sleeping and all is said to be fine.

I agree , meditation is great tool to kindle awakening within you. Great many people have attested the practice. My childhood favorite being Swamy Vivekananda and Mohammed Prophet. Among lesser creatures , Bears and other hibernating creatures do something similar to meditation (wherein they freeze their internal clock to get past the hazardous climate).