PDA

View Full Version : Latest News & Other Tidbits on AR Rahman (II)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

thineshan54321
20th April 2009, 05:43 AM
Shocker, Thineshan has done a lot of sevais for this thread! A digressive post from him once in a while isn't so bad! :D He's also made a topic for this in the independent artists thread.

thanks yathu! i still remember us two filling more than 2 pages while waiting for jodha akbar tamil version. what a wait that was! i can't spend that much time here anymore. :(

A.ANAND
20th April 2009, 02:05 PM
I cant forget the last April 20. It was the very first time I saw Thalaivar live in Changing notes... :D

konjam velavariya sonna nanna irukkum! :D

littlemaster1982
20th April 2009, 03:51 PM
Anand,

Ajay refers to the day he attended the ARR concert in Chennai. Sponsored by Times of India (Newspaper) as a part of its launch in Chennai.

A.ANAND
20th April 2009, 07:28 PM
Anand,

Ajay refers to the day he attended the ARR concert in Chennai. Sponsored by Times of India (Newspaper) as a part of its launch in Chennai.

ennga oor-la eppa naanga paaka poramo! :(

jaaze
20th April 2009, 09:12 PM
Anand,

ennga oor-la eppa naanga paaka poramo! :( KL Shah Alam Stadium 2003 irukkuma? I badly wanted to go.. but Singapore-la irunthe appuram live-a paathachu :bow:

shocker
20th April 2009, 10:17 PM
Thineshan,
Heard the song. First thing I can say is I liked the music but the singing can be improved a lot. The singer was off in many places, it spoils the song.
I find the click really annoying and maybe shakers are too loud.
But I'm nit-picking.
Overall it is not a bad track and I like the actual melody of the vocal (despite the fact it goes off a lot).

thineshan54321
21st April 2009, 03:09 AM
Thineshan,
Heard the song. First thing I can say is I liked the music but the singing can be improved a lot. The singer was off in many places, it spoils the song.
I find the click really annoying and maybe shakers are too loud.
But I'm nit-picking.
Overall it is not a bad track and I like the actual melody of the vocal (despite the fact it goes off a lot).

yep the singer is off a lot lol. its me btw. that was just the first take when i first hit a melody. i just sang whatever came to my head. i am planning on having a better singer. and ya i will pay attention to mixing. thanks. now i atleast know the melody is pretty good which is the most important for me.

shocker
21st April 2009, 04:54 AM
Glad to help dude.

A.ANAND
21st April 2009, 07:19 AM
Anand,

ennga oor-la eppa naanga paaka poramo! :( KL Shah Alam Stadium 2003 irukkuma? I badly wanted to go.. but Singapore-la irunthe appuram live-a paathachu :bow:

1996 arr fist concert in malaysia,and 2nd 2004[intha rendu concert live-va paathachu] :D 3rd concert may be 2010 after endhiran! :D

A.ANAND
21st April 2009, 07:42 AM
http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/90603/rahman-grooms-more-to-bring-home-oscar-glory.html

jaaze
21st April 2009, 08:06 AM
1996 arr fist concert in malaysia,and 2nd 2004[intha rendu concert live-va paathachu] :D 3rd concert may be 2010 after endhiran! :D I don't think ARR will be having many concerts. :( He carefully chooses them now due to time constraint. He is being wanted in every corner of the world :lol:

But appadi concert nadanthaa nichayama it may be USA, Bangalore / Mumbai / Chennai , Malaysia

Singapore varuvaarannu theriyala :cry:

littlemaster1982
21st April 2009, 08:32 AM
ARR has cancelled 7 concerts which are supposed to be held this year. He is performing live in Calicut on May 3rd. Then there is 3D tour I guess, not sure about that.

No concerts in India after this Calicut concert atleast for 2 years. That's what I heard.

ajaybaskar
26th April 2009, 09:23 AM
AR Rahman kids around!

Mumbai: Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman has embarked upon a novel project of providing free musical education for underprivileged students of corporation schools at his KM Music Conservatory.

However, what's most interesting is that after the students pass out, many will be inducted by Rahman who has plans for creating India's first-ever orchestra.

A source close to the development says, "Rahman has a dream that he would see India have its first-ever orchestra and is planning to involve his music school's students in it.The conservatory has tied up with schools which have students who cannot shell out money to learn music but have the potential and talent to become good musicians. They have been handpicked by the KM conservatory authorities. "

The insider adds, "It is learnt that most of these underprivileged students as well as the others studying music at the conservatory will be part of Rahman's orchestra when they pass out. Rahman's vision of the orchestra is very personal and he wants people who are close to his heart to be a part of it

Meanwhile, DNA has learnt that Rahman's Jai Ho fund-raising programme to support children suffering from AIDS to be held on May 3 in Kerela's Kozhikode will see Rahman performing with a 98-member crew including Hariharan, Benny Dayal, Javed Ali and his dear friend Sivamani. South Indian superstars Mamootty and Mohanlal are also expected to attend the event and also felicitate Rahman at the venue. The programme is expected to raise at least Rs 7 crore through sales of tickets.

ajaybaskar
26th April 2009, 09:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjT9J8rMV8Y

ajaybaskar
26th April 2009, 09:27 AM
[tscii:8b62fbece4]Rahman’s dream

Musician AR Rahman thinks that Indians should stop talking about their traditions and start contributing to its greatness. In an interview with CNN-IBN, he talked about his music conservatory, where he will groom the next breed of composers.

"We only celebrate what is tradition which is great, which is fantastic. But what have you contributed? " demanded Rahman. Rahman founded the K M Conservatory to churn out students with musical excellence matching International standards.

"Composers from here like me and Ilayaraja sir, anybody, who wants to work with an orchestra with full symphony orchestra - we had to go abroad and spend thousands of dollars," explained Rahman. However, today students from India and abroad can come to the K M Conservatory and learn both Indian and Western classical music, including a range of musical instruments from the cello to the drums.

There is a preparatory course for beginners, a foundation one for serious pursuers, apart from this there is also a three year degree course in collaboration with the Middlesex University. Most importantly, the conservatory also aims at reviving dying musical traditions.

"Though we want to concentrate on instruments that are dying like violin and brass and woodwinds and everything, people are more interested in piano and composition and voice and all that stuff. We are also looking at areas where we don't have players like brass and woodwinds and so many instruments for which we used to have players before, in the older generation but not anymore," he said.[/tscii:8b62fbece4]

ajaybaskar
26th April 2009, 09:28 AM
A.R. Rahman to record with Fe-Nix
Thursday, April 23 2009, 11:10 BST

By Sanjay Odedra

After achieving worldwide success with US pop group The Pussycat Dolls, A.R. Rahman is planning to sprinkle his magic on a new R&B quartet.

The Oscar-winning composer, who reached number three in the UK charts with The Pussycat Dolls' cover of 'Jai Ho!', has agreed to get into the recording studio with unknown London-based girl group Fe-Nix.

A spokesman for Fe-Nix said: "The girls are thrilled - they are all huge fans of his work."

Fe-Nix's debut single 'Lady Baby' will be released on May 4.

Rahman is also planning to team up with The Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger during a visit to the US, according to reports.

ajaybaskar
26th April 2009, 09:30 AM
Amitabh Bachchan to attend Rahman concert

Many Bollywood actors, including superstar Amitabh Bachchan, are likely to witness the 'Jai Ho' programme, featuring Oscar winner A R Rahman at the Corporation Stadium here on 3rd May.

Apart from Bachchan, the maestro had personally invited cine stars Shah Rukh Khan, Abhishekh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, among others, a release from Global Kerala Initiative, organisers of the mega event, said today.

Besides, top stars from Malayalam and Tamil tinsel towns would also be present, it said.

It said the organising committee would make available more tickets in the Rs 500 and Rs 1000 denomination, which have already been exhausted, on popular demand.

These tickets could be purchased through Alhind Tours and Travels, Mathrubhumi and special counters from Focus Mall in the city, it said.

Stating that the arrangements for the mega show were nearing completion, it said the venue had been arranged in such a way that spectators could witness the programme comfortably from all sides

jaaze
26th April 2009, 06:44 PM
Asian Singers eye US - How did A R Rahman do it?

(Singapore media goes gaga over Rahman :cool2: )

http://www.razor.tv/site/servlet/segment/main/entertainment/27756.html;jsessionid=8E04658033A8D02D2D73AD7486BC 0DF4.00

A.ANAND
28th April 2009, 07:39 AM
[tscii:a3b4506a41]The Hindi Boys and Rahman!

April 27, 2009

Banking on the success of Rahman¡¯s Oscars and Genilia¡¯s newfound stardom in Bollywood, the Shankar directed Boys is being dubbed in Hindi. Producer A M Ratnam, however, believes that Boys will create a ripple in Hindi too and that the chartbuster music will ensure the movie¡¯s success.

Genilia¡¯s success with Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Naa has also served as a drive for Boys dubbing, in which she played the college-going Harini and was wooed by Munna, played by Siddharth

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/apr-09-05/boys-27-04-09.html
[/tscii:a3b4506a41]

A.ANAND
28th April 2009, 08:20 AM
A R Rahman WOWS @ Filmfare Awards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbMSHqClr8I&feature=fvst

hindi-kara tamilan kaallai-ye vilinthutan! :lol:

jaaze
28th April 2009, 08:21 AM
[tscii:097625f4df]The Hindi Boys and Rahman!

April 27, 2009

Banking on the success of Rahman¡¯s Oscars and Genilia¡¯s newfound stardom in Bollywood, the Shankar directed Boys is being dubbed in Hindi. Producer A M Ratnam, however, believes that Boys will create a ripple in Hindi too and that the chartbuster music will ensure the movie¡¯s success.

Genilia¡¯s success with Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Naa has also served as a drive for Boys dubbing, in which she played the college-going Harini and was wooed by Munna, played by Siddharth

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/apr-09-05/boys-27-04-09.html
[/tscii:097625f4df] :o :yes: :victory: :redjump:

Long awaited dream .. hope this materializes :)

jaaze
28th April 2009, 12:11 PM
PCD to split - Nicole expresses desire on working with Rahman

Aside from the news of The Pussycat Dolls' feud, Nicole Scherzinger recently insisted that her solo studio album "Her Name Is Nicole" will be released "more sooner than later." In finishing the record, she revealed her interest to work with Lady GaGa and Indian musician A.R. Rahman, who composed "Slumdog Millionaire" soundtrack "Jai Ho".

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00023828.html

pure bliss
28th April 2009, 09:20 PM
Oscar Winner, Music Maestro A.R.Rahman is conducting a K.M.Music school in Kodambakkam; Chennai.A.R.Rahman has taken a decision to teach free music classes for poor students who are very much interested in Music and who are not afford the charges. He has selected 14 students from the Chennai corporation schools and giving them a thorough training in the music.

pure bliss
28th April 2009, 09:21 PM
link - http://whatslatest.com/blog/?p=4510

A.ANAND
29th April 2009, 01:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwVxw3pJ5bA&feature=PlayList&p=1C864847742D55FB&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=73

s.p.b praising rahman in jaya tv concert [latest]

Kumarappa
29th April 2009, 08:31 PM
ARR double nomination for IIFA 2009:

Nominations for the IIFA Awards 2009

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, April 29, 2009 - 11:53 IST
[...]

Best Music
A.R.Rahman - Jodhaa Akbar
A.R.Rahman- Ghajini
Pritam - Race
Shankar Ehsaan Loy - Rock On
Vishal Shekhar - Dostana

[...]

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/features/2009/04/29/5111/index.html

And surprisingly not for JTYJN! :shock:

sureshmehcnit
1st May 2009, 03:02 PM
Watch Lagaan in 32 minutes through its background score by A.R.Rahman. Chronological Compilation of background score of Lagaan is presented as one single track running for 32 minutes. Enjoy.

http://backgroundscore.blogspot.com/2009/05/lagaan-suite.html

A.ANAND
1st May 2009, 07:59 PM
A R Rahman on Time 100 list

Friday, 01 May , 2009, 15:43

Oscar winning Indian music director A R Rahman, his Sri Lankan co-performer M.I.A. on Slumdog Millionaire and Infosys co-founder Nandan Nilekani have made it to the Time 100 list of the World's Most Influential People.

The new list to be published in the May 11 annual Time 100 issue is the pick of the magazine's editors and may not be confused with the popular choice in TIME.com's online poll that "just happened to be" on Monday by "moot - the mysterious 21-year-old creator of the influential Web message board 4chan.or".

"In our annual Time 100 issue, we do the impossible: name the people who most affect our world," said the editors as they relegated moot to the 35th position and instead chose ailing Democratic senator Edward Kennedy for the top spot.

British premier Gordon Brown makes it to the second spot, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is in the eighth place, Pakistan army chief Ashfaq Kayani is sitting pretty at the 19th position, just a spot ahead of President Barack Obama.

A R Rahman, who gets the 59th position in the editors list, "won two Oscars, a Golden Globe and a BAFTA for giving Slumdog Millionaire its frenetic sound", notes Padma Lakshmi actress, author and the host of Bravo's Top Chef, in an accompanying piece.

"In India, a country of a billion inhabitants, where film and pop music are one, A R Rahman, 43, dominates the music industry so totally that he has supplied the sound track for a whole generation," she writes.

"A veritable Pied Piper, he has shaped modern India's music for more than a decade. Now the 'Mozart of Madras' has the world's foot tapping along with him," adds Lakshmi, noting the award winning Jai Ho is now the campaign song for India's Congress Party.

Vikas Swarup, the author of the novel Q&A that became the Oscar-winning film Slumdog Millionaire, describes Nandan Nilekani, placed 31, "as a middle-class kid from a small town, (who) rose to become a co-founder and co-chairman of Infosys Technologies and a key player in India's growth story".

"In a blog post about Slumdog Millionaire, Nandan Nilekani alluded to the film's valuable subtext - that it doesn't matter where you come from, only where you are headed," he writes. "That could serve equally as an epigraph for Nandan's own life."

"As the new India, fuelled by its robust democracy and favorable demographics, seeks to make the transition from a developing nation to a developed one, it will need the vision and talent of people like Nandan Nilekani," Swarup adds.

The great thing about M.I.A., as Maya Arulpragasam placed 43rd is known, "is that she doesn't have some global plan", writes producer director Spike Jonze.

"She just has things she cares about and is interested in, from all over the world... She reacts to whatever is in front of her: 'Those are booming Indian drums', 'That is a dope producer', 'Those kids are making sick beats'."

"And she has great taste. Anyone can hear all this stuff, but to be able to curate it, you have to have taste, and Maya Arulpragasam, 33, has it," he adds.

http://sify.com/movies/fullstory.php?id=14884837

A.ANAND
1st May 2009, 08:34 PM
A.R. Rahman
By Padma Lakshmi

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1894410_1893836_1894435,00.html

A.ANAND
1st May 2009, 10:10 PM
Our own Jai Ho by the Grade 4 Pupils in Marigondon Elementary School, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY84XfkrlYY

jaaze
1st May 2009, 10:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTDbwoJ0n74

A music video remake of the Oscar-winning song, Jai Ho, by A.R. Rahman from the movie Slumdog Millionaire.

Planned, filmed and edited by a group of third-year students from the Diploma in Communications & Media Management, Temasek Polytechnic, Singapore.

Originally posted at http://vimeo.com/3576849 by Hasanah Hussien

p.s I have got nothing to do with this video nor do I know these guys :P (singaporeans may relate to the "subtitles" better :D )

lancelot
2nd May 2009, 09:37 AM
ARR SUNTV INTERVIEW WITH VIVEK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJeoQcvLaKs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if9_LGqiQnM

there is a part one to this interview as well. the more you see him talk the more you wish you could meet him. amazing

loved the poem by Vivek at the end. very touchy and funny at the same time

hehe
:D

Kumarappa
2nd May 2009, 03:14 PM
T M S to sing in A R Rahman’s album

May 2nd, 2009

T M Soundararajan will be singing in an album produced by A R Rahman. This was disclosed by T M Soundararajan himself while he was speaking at the audio launch of the film Valiban Sutrum Ulagam. Sri Jai Sakthi Creations is producing the film titled Valiban Sutrum Ulagam. The audio launch of this film was held recently in Chennai. Music composer M S Viswanathan released the audio CD which was received by Director S P Muthuraman.

While speaking on this occasion the ace Playback singer T M Soundararajan said, “ In my 24th year I sang my first song for M S Viswanathan. I have sung more than 1000 songs under his composition. After a long time I have got the opportunity to sing for this film. There is respect for my voice till now. P Susheela and myself are getting lot of offers after singing for this film. A R Rahman has invited me to sing for his album.There is no age for singing. I will continue singing.” Producer and director of this film Lalilth Sami, Poet Kamakottian, FEFSI President V C Guganathan, M G R Shiva, Meenakshi and others graced this occasion.

http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/news/t-m-s-to-sing-in-a-r-rahmans-album/

A.ANAND
2nd May 2009, 07:33 PM
[tscii:0f63958fdc]
T M S to sing in A R Rahman’s album

May 2nd, 2009

T M Soundararajan will be singing in an album produced by A R Rahman. This was disclosed by T M Soundararajan himself while he was speaking at the audio launch of the film Valiban Sutrum Ulagam. Sri Jai Sakthi Creations is producing the film titled Valiban Sutrum Ulagam. The audio launch of this film was held recently in Chennai. Music composer M S Viswanathan released the audio CD which was received by Director S P Muthuraman.

While speaking on this occasion the ace Playback singer T M Soundararajan said, “ In my 24th year I sang my first song for M S Viswanathan. I have sung more than 1000 songs under his composition. After a long time I have got the opportunity to sing for this film. There is respect for my voice till now. P Susheela and myself are getting lot of offers after singing for this film. A R Rahman has invited me to sing for his album.There is no age for singing. I will continue singing.” Producer and director of this film Lalilth Sami, Poet Kamakottian, FEFSI President V C Guganathan, M G R Shiva, Meenakshi and others graced this occasion.

http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/news/t-m-s-to-sing-in-a-r-rahmans-album/

maybe he sing 4 'tamilthai vazhthu'album.nalla velai tamilthai vazhtha uditnarayan and madhusri paadala!just-tu misssu :lol: [/tscii:0f63958fdc]

jaaze
2nd May 2009, 07:37 PM
[tscii:740270ffad]

maybe he sing 4 'tamilthai vazhthu'album.nalla velai tamilthai vazhtha uditnarayan and madhusri paadala!just-tu misssu :lol: [/tscii:740270ffad] :lol: dinesh will be after u in a few seconds :twisted:

dinesh2002
2nd May 2009, 08:05 PM
[tscii:782b12757d]

maybe he sing 4 'tamilthai vazhthu'album.nalla velai tamilthai vazhtha uditnarayan and madhusri paadala!just-tu misssu :lol: [/tscii:782b12757d] :lol: dinesh will be after u in a few seconds :twisted:

jaaze... itho vanthethen !! :lol:

Anand.... how can u say that??? :bangcomp: :twisted:

Madhushree rocks !!! 8-) :twisted:

MADDY
2nd May 2009, 08:49 PM
http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?sectionName=HomePage&id=085a9405-4dfc-4287-a47d-f708dafa4d78&Headline=Rahman%2c+Nilekani+on+EMTime%2fEM's+100+l ist

ARRahman amongst top 100 influential men in world - Time

A.ANAND
2nd May 2009, 08:51 PM
:lol: phone panna lesala edukamattru dinesh!athan pali vanngiten :lol:eppothum mahdusri nenachikittu iruntha eppadi??

A.ANAND
2nd May 2009, 08:52 PM
namathu anbana arrfans vendugol inangga intha artical-lai naan delete seigiren! :D

Yathu
3rd May 2009, 03:18 AM
AAARGH THIS WHOLE ARTICLE MAKES ME WANNA SCREAM. What an idiot. What a . .argh. This guy just makes me so mad & the comments for the article . . :sigh: . . DIMWITS.

Anand, yen intha article-a post panninga? It's not worth anyones time. Please delete it.

MADDY
3rd May 2009, 08:54 AM
thats ok yathu......there is a hate propaganda by some hindu fanatics in internet becos they are embarrassed by slumdog millionare's depiction of indian slums........i have seen far more damaging remarks in web going upto extent of accusing Rahman's mother :x as thalaivar said - these donkeys have chosen hate but lets choose love... :)

btw, i presume wat thalaivar would have meant is - all these days, i was concentrating on good things rather than waste time in negative emotions :)

jaaze
3rd May 2009, 09:36 AM
avan avan oscar acceptance speech-la azhuthu polambi kandatha pesuranga, namma thalaivar nallatha rendu vartha sonna ivanga buthi enga poguthu paarunga :sigh2:

dinesh2002
3rd May 2009, 10:13 AM
Hmmm.... terrible article. Its going to create ripples. This will be a Q in any next ARR's interview. Pity Rahman.

I doubt he ever meant Love and Hate in that context, im very sure he meant hate as in (life without mom/music) and love (mom's love + music industry).

These fellows r such an insult to the Hindu Dharma Community. Wonder who is that writer. Avene nalla naare kelvi ketkanum !

Ramakrishna
3rd May 2009, 12:25 PM
Australian cricketer brett Lee's favourite song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipbCyipCUyM

A.ANAND
3rd May 2009, 02:18 PM
AAARGH THIS WHOLE ARTICLE MAKES ME WANNA SCREAM. What an idiot. What a . .argh. This guy just makes me so mad & the comments for the article . . :sigh: . . DIMWITS.

Anand, yen intha article-a post panninga? It's not worth anyones time. Please delete it.

sorry yathu sir!ippadum
sila jenmanngal irukangga innu nammaku theriya vendama?ithukkuthan intha article potten!

rayan36
3rd May 2009, 05:28 PM
[tscii:b966179772]i dunno if this news have been posted before, since its been a long long time i visited the hub :oops: ...but here it is

TMS and A R Rahman

May 02, 2009

We will soon hear the legendary singer TM Soundarajan crooning for AR Rahman’s tunes. This was disclosed by TMS himself recently. The 84-year-old said that age has never been a barrier in his career and he still maintains his voice. TMS also revealed that he practices very well before entering the studios. The singer, however, refused to give more details about the album in which he will be associated with the Oscar winner.

It may be recalled that TMS is making a comeback after a very long sabbatical in Valiban Suttrum Ulagam, which has M.S. Viswanathan composing the tunes.

from behindwoods.com[/tscii:b966179772]

Yathu
3rd May 2009, 05:51 PM
Maddy, I just find it disturbing how this guy can twist the purest of words by one of the purest of people into such a context and to do it under the cloak of religion. . :sigh2:

Anand, thanks for editing your post. :)

A.ANAND
4th May 2009, 01:00 PM
[tscii:4ed8c765b2]Rousing reception for Rahman

The portrait of A R Rahman and his wife Sairaa which was presented to Rahman by his fans at the government reception accorded to him in Kozhikode on SExpress News Service First Published : 04 May 2009 12:37:00 AM ISTLast Updated : KOZHIKODE: The State Government accorded a rousing reception to Oscar winner A R Rahman at Kadavu resort in Kozhikode on Sunday.

The music maestro was presented a memento by Industry Minister Elamaram Kareem on behalf of the State Government.

Another memento was presented to him by Kozhikode Corporation Mayor M Bhaskaran.On receiving the memento, Rahman said the visit to Kozhikode has evoked a homely feeling in his mind. “After continuous foreign trips, this return has stirred up my joyous feelings,” he said. Rahman also urged the public to make his maiden show a success.

A charcoal portrait of Rahman and his wife Sairaa Rahman was conferred to the musician by his fan’s associations.

Rahman, who was in the city to raise fund for the welfare of HIV affected children, put his signature on an anti-suicidal message prepared by the Calicut University Union. The message was later handed over by Rahman to the University Union chairman.

The Government also hosted a banquet to the legendry musician.

Ministers Elamaram Kareem, N K Premachandran, Benoy Viswom, Deputy Speaker Jose Baby, P V Abdul Wahab MP, MLAs A Pradeepkumar and PMA Salam, Mayor M Bhaskaran and Deputy Mayor P T Abdul Latheef were present during the function.

Rahman, with his 98-member team, had reached Kozhikode on Saturday night and engaged in the rehearsal till late in the morning.

http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/story.aspx?Title=Rousing+reception+for+Rahman&artid=uxreDJwH0Ww=&SectionID=1ZkF/jmWuSA=&MainSectionID=fyV9T2jIa4A=&SectionName=X7s7i%7CxOZ5Y=&SEO=

[/tscii:4ed8c765b2]

A.ANAND
4th May 2009, 01:02 PM
[tscii:b2caa463cb]

STATE RECEPTION FOR A.R.RAHMAN

Kozhikode, Monday 04 May 2009: Oscar award winner A.R. Rahman was accorded a reception by the State government here on Sunday. Rahman was honoured at a well-attended function, which included three Ministers, at Kadavu Resorts.

The function was conducted a few hours before the maestro’s ‘Live in Concert — Jai Ho’ at the Corporation stadium.

Rahman was presented a memento on behalf of the State government jointly by Industries Minister Elamaram Karim, Forest Minister Benoy Viswom and Water Resources Minister N.K. Premachandran.

Kozhikode Mayor M. Bhaskaran also presented a memento to Rahman.
“I am happy to be in Kerala and I request the support from all of you for the evening concert,” Rahman, dressed in a blue jeans and white kurta, said in his short speech.

Mr. Karim congratulated Rahman on his success at the Oscars on behalf of Kerala and said the State was proud to be the host of his first show after the Oscar triumph.

The function was delayed by a couple of hours as Rahman was rehearsing for the show at the Corporation stadium till early on Sunday morning.

The gathering patiently waited for him. In the interim, Muhammed Shakeel, a singer and composer, lead a concert of Mohammed Rafi’s immortal songs. Midway through the concert, Rahman arrived to the loud applause of the audience.

First, the lights went on. The sounds boomed soon. Then, he came. And the crowd, nearly 50,000 of them, perhaps, inside the packed Corporation Stadium, got euphoric.

It was a dramatic entry for A.R. Rahman to his ‘Jai Ho’ concert stage, with which he kicked off his world tour following two Oscars.
He came on to the stage singing O Saya, his Oscar-nominated song from Slumdog Millionaire. And the composer proved, yet again, that he was no less a singer.

After the song, he said he was pleased to come to Kerala. “I have been wanting to come here for the past 15 years,” he said.

Malayali singer Sayanora joined Rahman to sing Athiradee and both were in top form. Rahman also improvised his song Padakali from the Malayalam film Yodha, which was rendered by Benny Dayal and George Peter.

Before long, two of the finest singers of the night, Hariharan and Sadhana Sargam, came on with that haunting melody from Roja, Kathal rojave (it was, in fact, mixed with the Hindi version, Roja jaaneman).
The show went on for another couple of hours, delighting the huge crowd that had been waiting patiently for several hours before it all began shortly before 8 p.m.

The other singers of the night included Chithra, Rashid Ali, Javed Ali, Mohammed Aslam and Raja Hassan. The show featured a lot of dances.
Doubts were expressed in certain quarters if the people of Kozhikode would make the show a grand success.

http://keralaonline.com/news/state-reception-ar-rahman_39415.html
[/tscii:b2caa463cb]

A.ANAND
4th May 2009, 03:19 PM
[tscii:a483a63ed7]Rahman thrills to the helm
IndiaGlitz [Monday, May 04, 2009]

At least more than fifty thousand of the Keralites was mesmerised by a show of a life time, when Maestro A R Rahman came up with his pack of the best for premiere of the ''Jai Ho'' show, here at the Corporation Stadium, Kozhikkod. The euphoric atmosphere at the venue lasted for around four hours, with the crowd cheering with thunderous applauses for the maestro, his singers and his troupe in every intervals.

The galleries were getting filled even before four p.m, hours before the function, to witness one of the best of the shows of the nation. Even with a little over priced ticket rates, the natives of Kozhikkod thus once again proved beyond any doubts that they are the best of the hosts, be it for music of Football.

A.R. Rahman made a dramatic entry to the concert stage just before eight, singing “O Saya” his Oscar nominated song, to kick off his world tour following two Oscars. In his soft voice he also thanked the support of his fans and expressed this happiness for being in the state where he was longing to perform for the last 15 years.

Malayali singer Chithra, Hariharan, Sayanora, George Peter and Benny Dayal were also in the team of singers which also included Sadhna Sargam, Rashid Ali, Javed Ali, Muhammed Aslam, and Raja Hassan.

[/tscii:a483a63ed7]

A.ANAND
4th May 2009, 03:19 PM
[tscii:dca4d49958]Govt reception for Rahman
IndiaGlitz [Monday, May 04, 2009]

Oscar award winner musical maestro A.R. Rahman was honored, with a reception by the State government here on Sunday. The function at Kadavu Resorts, which was conducted a few hours before his Jai Ho concert, was well attended with ministers like Elamarom Kareem, Benoy Viswam and MN K Premachandran waiting for hours for the Madras Mozart to complete his rehearsals before the concert.

Rahman who appeared in a blue jeans and white Kurta was presented with a memento, jointly by the three ministers, on behalf of the State Government. Rahman, in hi short speech expressed his happiness to be in Kerala, where he was longing to perform for the last 15 years.

Kozhikode Mayor M. Bhaskaran, District Collector P.B. Salim, P. Sathi Devi, MP P.V. Abdul Wahab, MP and chairman of Global Kerala Initiative – Keraleeyam (the organiser of the ‘Jai Ho’ show); Deputy Speaker Jose Baby; MLAs A. Pradeep Kumar and P.M.A. Salam and the former Minister M.K. Muneer were also among the celebrities who attended the function.

[/tscii:dca4d49958]

R.Latha
4th May 2009, 04:17 PM
Thank you for the news

A.ANAND
4th May 2009, 04:47 PM
Rahman launches 'Jai Ho' world tour with musical extravaganza

Kozhikode (Ker), May 4 (PTI) It was perhaps an experience of a lifetime for over 40,000-music lovers as Oscar winning music maestro A R Rahman launched his worldwide 'Jai Ho' tour here, holding them enthralled with a range of popular hits from Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam movies.
It was a musical extravaganza this Kerala town has never seen before as music lovers from across the world thronged the corporation stadium last night to see their idol perform for the first time after winning a double Oscar for his score in 'Slumdog Millionaire'.

Such was the response of the crowd that Rahman himself acknowledged at the end of the show that he would be delighted to return to Kozhikode once more.

The show is the first of the 39 such live shows to be conducted by the maestro all over the world during the next five years.

The show was enlivened by the participation of noted playback singers Hariharan, K S Chithra, Benny Dayal, Rahid Ali, Javed Ali, Mohammad Aslam and Sayanora who sang 30 popular songs from Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam movies. But the song that had the audience on their feet was undoubtedly the Oscar winning 'Jai Ho'.

The proceeds of the world tour would be spent for the welfare of HIV-positive children. PTI

http://www.ptinews.com/pti%5Cptisite.nsf/0/A2FD425BC4AC51E8652575AC0035E318?OpenDocument

littlemaster1982
4th May 2009, 06:50 PM
I was there yesterday 8-)

A.ANAND
4th May 2009, 08:01 PM
I was there yesterday 8-)

athenna i was there yesterday??? :twisted: konjam review pannunga sir! :evil:

littlemaster1982
4th May 2009, 08:09 PM
Anand,

Konjam detail-a post pannalam-nu paarthen. Will post it by tomorrow :D

A.ANAND
4th May 2009, 08:16 PM
Anand,

nalla akkuvera aanivera post pannunga!nalla 3d effect-la nerula paatha mathiri irukanum review! :D

jaaze
5th May 2009, 06:36 AM
Anand,

nalla akkuvera aanivera post pannunga!nalla 3d effect-la nerula paatha mathiri irukanum review! :D 3d concert-ku poye 3d effect avanga kaamikkala.. :lol:

A.ANAND
5th May 2009, 02:11 PM
Anand,

nalla akkuvera aanivera post pannunga!nalla 3d effect-la nerula paatha mathiri irukanum review! :D 3d concert-ku poye 3d effect avanga kaamikkala.. :lol:

what happen to thalaivar?? :shock: all dissapointing comment on kerala concet! :(

A.ANAND
5th May 2009, 02:16 PM
[arr] Plus'es & Minus'es of the Calicut concert - My thoughts

friends,

Had a great time watching the ARR show at Calicut. It was one of the breathtaking crowd ever seen. Calicut had its day when ARR blessed them on May 3rd. Sure, it was a day to remember for us Calicut people.

Now coming to the details of the concert, I would like to mention the Plus'es & Minus'es which I had felt. I am not critising ARR or his fans. This is
just my opinion, so please dont create a controversy here. I also LOVE ARR as much you all do. Thanks..

Pluses -

a) Great crowd, Great visual presentation accompanying each song.
b) Hariharan and Chitra's singing were almost perfect, and they were the real stars of the day.
c) Padakaali was a great surprise for all Mallus. It was great singing by george/benny.
d) Post interval, the concert's momentum picked up and it was rocking till the end. Most fast numbers
were performed post interval.
e) Humma Humma, with the Carnatic beginning was astounding.
f) Same with Ey Hairathe Aashique.
g) ARR's fathers song which he dedicated.
h) Sanjeev on the Crane and Mustafa after that. It was the highest point of the concert. The entire crowd with their mobile lights on was just
a visual treat to watch.
i) Khwaja was again a mere bliss to watch and hear. Azeem/Rukumani/ Veerapandi was a rocker.

Minuses -

a) Why was ARR not handling the Keyboard? It was so frustrating to see Stephen handling it and ARR was just as a mere singer.
People who have put their hard earned money had to come to watch ARR and not Stephen. This was very disappointing.
b) The concert was delayed by 40 mins which led to the downfall of momentum which had got built very high at 7 PM.
c) Pre interval - the Songs/performances were very average and some people left between 8 and 9 PM.
d) Where was the String section? What was the drummer doing? Was he just hitting the drums without knowing which song was playing?
I felt he was a MERE SPECTATOR like us.
e) Sivamani was heavily missed. Because his presence would have mad the concert more interesting and his 20 minute individual performance
would have been great.
f) Most of the songs had Karoake (i.e. the background track). Only the voices were Original. All background music in the songs were ditto from the CD.
i.e it was not played LIVE.
g) Naveen didn't have much to show his skills. We all know how much he is talented.
h) Sadhana Sargam was given 2-3 songs and she was wasted.
i) Only 2 Singers who are widely popular performed in this concert?? Hariharan and Chitra. Rest all are from ARR's immediate gang. i.e. who have become popular in the last 2-3 years. Where are the other singers? like SPB, Srinivas, Naresh, Sujatha, Shreya, Karthik, Sukhwinder etc.
j) In some songs, only 1 Charanam was performed.
k) Opening song and ARR's intro was not great and it didn't capture the audience as expected.
l) ARR's singing was out-of-pitch at times.
m) Hari and Sadhana having a single mike to sing Roja Janeman. I thought it was amateurish.
n) At lots of places, lyrics were forgotten, some one was talking on the Mike when the song was going on. It wasn't professional.

friends, I am repeating that these are my thoughts and please dont take it as a offence. I just expected more from this concert. When compared
to his previous Chennai, Delhi concerts, this was a letdown.

arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com

A.ANAND
5th May 2009, 02:30 PM
Mozart of Madras: Rahman rocks Kozhikode

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/mozart-of-madras-rahman-rocks-kozhikode/91802-8.html

Kozhikode, Kerala: Musician AR Rahman performed live in Kozhikode on Sunday. Incidentally he won't be performing live for at least five years now.

"I'm very happy to be home, the moment the plane was landing at the Cochin airport I knew I was among my people. Thank you very much," said Rahman.

The 'Mozart from Madras', Alla Rakha Rahman was honoured by the Kerala government for his achievements. Meanwhile, many thronged to catch a glimpse of the maestro in performance for a show organized by the Global Kerala Initiative 'Keraleeyam'.

Ticket sales from this raised about Rs 7 crores, proceeds of which will go to the rehabilitation of HIV positive children.

This show was aptly titled Jai Ho and went live in Kozhikode on Sunday. It was Rahman's first concert after his Oscar win. And possibly his last for the next five years owing to his many professional commitments.

Rahman was accompanied by a 98 member troupe, including Hariharan and Benny Dayal that belted out 30 songs over a period of two and half hours.

A.ANAND
5th May 2009, 02:38 PM
Rahman set to make music with Mick Jagger

Published: May 5,2009

London , May 5 Oscar-winning Indian music composer A R Rahman is all set to team up with Rolling Stones legend Mick Jagger for a new album which will include a host of other popular musicians.

The big wigs of the international music industry including Bob Marley&aposs sons Damian and Stephen, A R Rahman, rapper Nas, Joss Stone and&aposU2&aposfrontman Bono will come together to work on an album that will be issued on the UN International Day Of Peace on September 21, Sun online reported.

Stone and Jagger have previously collaborated on the soundtrack of Jude Law starrer&aposAlfie&apos.

" When this project was suggested they were keen to get on board, especially considering the glittering cast of other musicians involved,"a source told the newspaper.

The musicians are currently working hard at the Los Angeles studio complex established by Muppets creator Jim Henson.

"It&aposs incredibly challenging to get so many figures in the studio at a time that&aposs agreeable to everyone,"the source said.

http://www.indopia.in/India-usa-uk-news/latest-news/565867/International/2/20/2

jaaze
5th May 2009, 02:54 PM
what happen to thalaivar?? :shock: all dissapointing comment on kerala concet! :( :shock: :cry:

littlemaster1982
5th May 2009, 04:09 PM
what happen to thalaivar?? :shock: all dissapointing comment on kerala concet! :(

Anand,

The concert was little disappointing for me too. The sound arrangements were poor for the first 7-8 songs. Only after the break (there was a speech and felicitation for ARR), it was corrected. The show picked up the tempo afterwards and was a pulsating ride till finish.

The crowd went berserk when Pappu Can't Dance Saala, Humma Humma, Taxi, Jai Ho were performed.

Highlights

* Intro of Thalaivar. In the last few concerts, Jaage Hain (Guru) used to be the intro for ARR, which is not that great for an intro. This time it is O Saya :clap:

* Before Mustafa started, the guitarist Sanjeev entered the arena in a crane. The audience in gallery were flashing their mobile lights in tandem. That was too good to watch.

* Thalaivar sang Rehna Tu and at the end of it, he mimicked the postlude instead of playing it in Continnum fingerboard :shock: :notworthy:

* Rashid Ali's Kabhi Kabhi. We didn't know it was him, was little down when he lectured about Europe, Girls and all that. Only when the song started, we realised we are in for a treat.

* ARR asked the audience towards the end of the concert, "Shall I put you to sleep". Hariharan did few alaaps and suddenly the beats kicked in. Humma Humma started. Goosebump moment 8-)

* Hariharan asked the crowd to sing with him. We were actually shouting in the name of singing. Thalaivar commented "Football stadium-um Music school-um kalandha maadhiri irukku" :lol:

The biggest disappointment was Thalaivar's singing. He was off pitch at so many places while singing O Saya, Athiradikkaran and Jiya Se Jiya. And most of the songs were not performed fully. Just 3-4 minutes of them actually.

The Live Life Concert in Chennai last year was better with good sound arrangements and better list of songs.

littlemaster1982
5th May 2009, 04:11 PM
Track List:

1. Opening Act (DJ Medley) - Was severely curtailed
2. Mausam and Escape - Asad on Sitar; Sanjeev, Raashid and Keith on Guitars
3. O Saya - ARR, Chorus
4. Athiradi - ARR, Sayonara
5. Padagali Chandi - George Peter, Benny Dayal
6. Tu Muskura - Sadhana Sargam (Bit)
7. Roja Janeman - Sadhana Sargam, Hari
8. Masakali - Raja Hassan
9. Jiya se Jiya - ARR
10. Style - Blaaze
11. Liquid Dance - Tracked
12. Guzarish - Javed Ali
13. Netru Illatha - Chitra
14. Malargale - Chitra, Hari
15. Kabhi Aditi - Raashid
16. Rehna Tu - ARR, Chorus
17. Taal Se Taal ( western ) - Tracked
18. Ringa Ringa - Neeti Mohan, Sayonara
19. Kala bandar - Benny, Blaaze (Medley)
20. Gangster Blues - Blaaze, Tanvi (Medley)
21. New - Blaaze, Benny, Chorus (Medley)
22. Azeem O Shaan - ARR (Medley)
23. Rukumani - Chorus (Medley)
24. Veera Pandi - ARR, Chorus (Medley)
25. Latika's theme/Dreams on Fire - Suzanne
26. Khwaja mere Khwaja - ARR, Javed Ali, Aslam, Raja Hassan
27. Arziyan - ARR, JAved Ali, Aslam, Raja Hassan
28. Manasu Manasinte - Chitra (from Chotanikkara Amma, composed by RK Shekar)
29. Kannalane - Chitra
30. Jiya Jale - Chitra
31. Aye hairaten - Sadhana Sargam, Hari
32. Vaaji Vaaji - Hari, Sadhana
33. Mustafa - ARR
34. Dhaka laga bukka - ARR (Bit)
35. Pappu Cant Dance - Benny, Chorus
36. Aye Bachu - Suzanne
37. Urvasi - ARR
38. Taxi Taxi - Benny, Blaaze, Chorus
39. Humma - ARR
40. Jai Ho - ARR, Tanvi, Chorus
41. Vandemataram - ARR, All artistes

Yathu
5th May 2009, 05:06 PM
LM, Anand, thanks for posting details of the concert. Sad to hear about the letdowns. :(

This is only the first of many concerts spanning the next 5 years, so, hopefully it should get better!

About ARR being off-key, thats normal for live singing right? (or was it severely bad? :lol: )

A.ANAND
5th May 2009, 06:38 PM
Rahman launches 'Jai Ho' world tour with musical extravaganza

http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/rahman-launches-%5Cjai-ho%5C-world-tourmusical-extravaganza/60377/on

littlemaster1982
5th May 2009, 07:02 PM
About ARR being off-key, thats normal for live singing right? (or was it severely bad? :lol: )

It was quite bad :oops: I couldn't find anything wrong in the previous concert. Everything was topnotch.

Yathu
5th May 2009, 09:33 PM
Maybe he had a cold or he couldn't hear the backing track properly or maybe he didn't rehearse well?

I'm making excuses for him :oops:

jaaze
5th May 2009, 09:51 PM
Maybe he had a cold or he couldn't hear the backing track properly or maybe he didn't rehearse well?

I'm making excuses for him :oops: (not to offend anybody :) ) ARR's work is mainly to compose music and he does that excellently

well and he does have a great voice which can accommodate amazing pitching. but when it comes to live singing things do go awry at times. especially if the song requires high pitched singing and requires lots of vocal toning and resting in order to perform that well as you heard in the original song :)

i haven't read LM's review yet :fatigue: i'll read it tmr (where I'll have a long day doing nothing except to clock in by 9 and out at 5.30 punctually :lol: )

g'night guys :wave:

jaaze
6th May 2009, 07:21 AM
I read all the review posted here. Brings back memories of the Singapore concert (the only ARR concert I could attend :cry: )

Hope you don't mind if I post a few bits of it here :) (since I have not shared my experience on it)

Reached the stadium at 6.30 punctually (that was the time stated on the ticket, some flyers stated 8pm though)

And at about 7 pm, the host came on stage, a local TV star :shock:

And came all the talent time singers of that year's Vasantham Star. They were promoting the finals of that event :banghead:

Each participant was asked to come on stage and say a few words. Ithula oruthikku lollu vera "I'm surprised to see so many of you here to support us" :banghead:

Amidst roaring clowd jeers and "We want Rahman" cheers, the team got disappointed and tried to wrap it up quickly. And one finalist (now winner) Shabir said "show some support for local talent too" in an upset tone. Well sure, we will but not when you take up time from our show, and definitely not in the stage ARR and his team will perform.

There was a pause for a while. Then came the local host Elamaran again, together with a local female host. They asked the crowd to cheer for Rahman. Say "AR" Say "Rahman" :lol2: and soon, (at 7.20 pm) ARR rocked the intro with a rocking rendition of Fanaa :boo:

(I guess the slated time for him to enter was 8pm but since the crowd was going out of control, he entered earlier 8-) )

Sivamani, Blaaze, Hariharan, Sadhana, Chitra were all there. The concert was in good tempo throughout. The crowd was quite disappointed for ARR did not perform the latest and hot favourite Anbe Aaruyire fromn Ah Aah. Rather, Varugiraai was sang by Hari and Chitra

Sivamani's interval performance was 8-)
But it can't be called an interval since crowd support was overwhelming during the 15 minute performance and the stadium seemed occupied throughout (the 8000 seater was declared a house full 8-) )

Having read the other world tour reviews, I whipped my mobile phone and waved it with the display on during the last few minutes (Mustaffa song) and was :D to see in many areas of the stadium, they were doing the same :cool2:

ARR kitta paarkka mudiyala :(
Hotel-kaavathu poi parthirukkalaam

A few months later, I discovered ARR had visited a shopping mall just 10 minutes away from my house :shock: :cry2: :banghead:

Was told by my friends they saw him at that mall when they went there. (avanunga rasana kettavanunga, athanaala avangalukku athu ellam onnum illa. they just went on with their trip :x )

A.ANAND
6th May 2009, 11:38 AM
[tscii:321385eee9]A.R. Rahman Performs At Time Magazine’s Celebration!
May 05 2009 21:00 PST

No surprise here! A.R. Rahman and singer Falu are asked to show off their talents tonight at Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People celebration. The artists will perform to the song, "Jai Ho". A.R. Rahman, the multi-award winning composer for the film Slumdog Millionaire was also selected as one of the 100 Most Influential People. He joins the ranks of other influential South Asians such as Aishwary Rai selected in 2005. Fellow South Asian Nandan Nilekani, founder and leader of Infosys Technologies, and M.I.A who is a rapper of Sri Lankan Descent are also winners this year.

Winners were chosen for their influence to transform the world with their ideas, visions and actions. It's no surprise then that Falu was asked to perform with A.R. Rahman. She's performed for the Dalai Lama, appeared on the companion CD to Deepak Chopra's book The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire, performed with Yo-Yo Ma's Silk Road Project and recently teamed up with Wyclef Jean to lend her unique vocal styling to the score of Angelina Jolie's documentary A Place in Time. Falu is known for her signature style of a fusion of Indian and American pop/rock music.

This year's performance is sure to top last year's series of packed shows. The event which is held at Jazz at the Lincoln Center in New York is a night where the world's most influential artist and entertainers mix with its revolutionaries, heroes, scientists and thinkers. The conversations across the table are sure to be engaging!

Michelle Obama and Oprah are said to be in attendance along with other TIME 100 winners Tom Hanks, Zach Efron, Brad Pitt, Jay Leno, Tina Fay, and George Clooney. Jimmy Fallon & John Legend will also perform. Falu and A.R. Rahman are sure to mezmerise the renowned Crowd!

http://www.desihits.com/blog/article/ar-rahman-and-falu-to-perform-at-time-magazines-celebration-of-the-100-most-influential-people-20090506
[/tscii:321385eee9]

A.ANAND
6th May 2009, 11:40 AM
[tscii:c92c069f4f]AR Rahman up for MTV Movie Award

By Stacey Yount - BollySpice.com
5 May 2009

Slumdog Millionaire has dominated many of the award ceremonies this year and the little film that became a world wide phenomenon has done it yet again. Slumdog Millionaire was given the nod in six different categories for the 2009 MTV Movie Awards. The MTV Awards are unique because every nominee (for the first time this year) as well as the final winners are voted on by the fans in online polls.

The film received nominations for Best Movie, Breakthrough Performance Female for the gorgeous Freida Pinto and Breakthrough Performance Male for cutie Dev Patel. But there are even more, besides asking fans who they think deserve the win, the awards also boast some unusual categories including Best Fight and Best Kiss and real life sweethearts Dev and Frieda’s smooch in the film made it on fans’ list as one of the best. This year MTV has added two new award categories into the mix: Best Song From a Movie and in true MTV style the Best WTF Moment. AR Rahman was honored with a nomination for ‘Jai Ho’ which is competing in the Best Song From a Movie category against songs by Bruce Springsteen, Miley Cyrus and Paramore. In the other new category Best WTF Moment, Slumdog Millionaire also made the list with the, as they called it, “Jumping In The Poop Shed” scene.

The winners will be presented with MTV's famous Golden Popcorn trophy on May 31st at an exciting ceremony in California, which is also televised live on MTV. We will be sure to watch and give you a full report on whether Slumdog Millionaire will sweep yet again so check back for more soon!

http://www.bollyspice.com/view.php/2770-ar-rahman-up-for-mtv-movie-award.html

[/tscii:c92c069f4f]

Roshan
6th May 2009, 12:42 PM
Dont know if this was posted earlier ...

London, May 5 : Oscar winning Indian composer A.R. Rahman has reportedly teamed up with former Rolling Stones member Mick Jagger for a song.

Apart from Rahman, Jagger and singer Joss Stone have also roped in rapper-actor Nas and Jamaican musician Bob Marley's sons Damian and Stephen for the song.

According to a website, they have come together to work on a song that will be issued on the United Nation's International Day Of Peace that falls on Sep 21.

"Joss and Mick hit it off when they worked with producer Dave Stewart on the 'Alfie' soundtrack, so were keen to collaborate again. When this project was suggested they were keen to get on board, especially considering the glittering cast of other musicians involved," a source said.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/top_stories/2949/

A.ANAND
6th May 2009, 05:23 PM
Rahman working with Mick Jagger, Joss Stone

May 05, 2009 15:25 IST

Mick Jagger and Joss Stone have reportedly joined hands once again to compose sweet music, and this time they are being helped by Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman [Images].

Their first collaboration occurred in 2004 on track Lonely Without You, for the soundtrack to the movie Alfie.

Their next songs are expected to be even more special, as they are said to have been working with Bob Marley's sons Damian and Stephen, Rahman, and rapper NAS.

The duo's new album is expected to be issued on the UN's International Day Of Peace, September 21.

'Joss and Mick hit it off when they worked with producer Dave Stewart on the Alfie soundtrack, so were keen to collaborate again,' the Sun quoted a source as saying.

'When this project was suggested they were keen to get on board, especially considering the glittering cast of other musicians involved,' the source revealed.

The bass for the recordings is being played by musician Shiah Coore, who is currently said to be dating Joss

'Shiah was dating someone else when he met Joss, but their attraction was so strong he ended it with his previous partner. They have been seeing each other for three months now and things are going really well,' the source said.

The musicians are currently hard at work at the Los Angeles studio complex established by Muppets creator Jim Henson.

U2 frontman BONO is also involved in the project, and has been recording separately with Damian.

http://movies.rediff.com/look/2009/may/05/rahman-working-with-mick-jagger-joss-stone.htm

who is this mick jagger???

jaaze
6th May 2009, 06:58 PM
who is this mick jagger??? news potta neengale yaarunnu padikkalayaa? :shock: :lol:

i don't know, haven't heard of him too
but from the news you have posted, he seems to be from a band called "Rolling stones" or something like that

crajkumar_be
6th May 2009, 08:43 PM
Mick Jagger is the front man (singer) of British group 'Rolling Stones', arguably one of the most long-standing (they are jokingly referred to as 'Strolling Bones' given their age) , popular and commercially successful rock bands ever. Personally, IMO they are a trifle overrated but thats immaterial. To share the stage with Mick Jagger is tremendous obviously

A sample or three

Jumpin Jack Flash (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfcisnVHtA0)

Paint It Black (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP2VyquMAaM&feature=related)

Angie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMkFjYRWM4M&feature=related)

littlemaster1982
6th May 2009, 08:58 PM
:ty: CR for the info :D

crajkumar_be
6th May 2009, 09:06 PM
Just remembered, Mick Jagger, also a cricket fan, initially helped cricinfo when they started up. Jagged Networks or something...

Dragun
6th May 2009, 09:10 PM
Are you kidding? You haven't heard of Mick Jagger???

thamizhvaanan
6th May 2009, 11:40 PM
Personally, IMO they are a trifle overrated but thats immaterial. To share the stage with Mick Jagger is tremendous obviously

:notthatway: I used to wonder why I don't get to see that much of Rolling stones fans as much as I see Pink floyd. Led zeppelin or Metallica fans. These guys were really good and made some terrific, rich songs.

LM, dont forget to check out "Gimme shelter" (it comes freqntly in BG of Departed) and "Satisfaction". My favs :2thumbsup:

A.ANAND
7th May 2009, 06:21 AM
Rahman was paid Rs 1.5 crore for Jai Ho show: Organisers

Wednesday, May 6, 2009 19:17 IST Email

Kozhikode: Double Oscar winner AR Rahman was paid a whopping Rs 1.5 crore for the 'Jai Ho' live concert here on Sunday, organisers said on Wednesday.

"We booked the show paying Rs 1.5 crore," PV Abdul Wahab, MP and chairman of Kerala-based NGO 'Keraleeyam', the organiser of the show, told reporters here.

Touted to be the most expensive musical extravaganza held in recent times, it had netted sizeable profit, he said, adding the exact details could be made available only after completion of audit of the accounts.

A major portion of the proceeds had been earmarked for the rehabilitation of HIV-positive children.

Earlier, organisers had claimed that they had sold tickets worth Rs seven crore for the programme, which was witnessed by music lovers from all over the country and abroad.

The 'Jai Ho' live concert held here was the first of 39 such shows planned by the music maestro during the next five years in various destinations across the world with the next show scheduled to be conducted in Abu Dhabi.

Wahab said 'Keraleeyam', which was providing financial assistance to the tune of Rs 15,000 per annum to about 450 HIV-positive children, was now in a position to help another 1,000 children following huge flow of donations.

Rahman also had said that he would contribute a portion of the proceeds from the Abu Dhabi show, he added.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1253512

A.ANAND
7th May 2009, 06:26 AM
Jai Ho World Tour, Pune - AR Rahman to hoist the Jai Ho flag on 8th May, 2009

For the first time ever Double Oscar Winner AR Rahman will be
performing live in the city of Pune on Sunday, May, 31, 2009. This
concert is part of AR Rahman's Jai World Tour with over 70 artists and
dancers which includes India's best singers such as Hariharan,
Sadhanaji,BLAAZE, Benny Dayal, Rashid Ali amongst others.

The concert is also AR Rahman's first concert in a major metropolis
after the Oscars. The Pune concert will be hosted at the sprawling
Balewadi Stadium complex which recently hosted the Youth Commonwealth
Games.

To announce his arrival in the great city of Pune, AR Rahman will
address the public and media in Pune on Friday, 8th May, 2009 at 5pm
at the MAEERs MIT Campus, Kothrud, Pune. AR Rahman will host the Jai
Ho flag amidst a large gathering and speak to the media about this new
world tour and the Pune concert in particular.

The proceeds of this concert will go to the Lata Mangeshkar Medical
Foundation and the Alandi Dehu Vikas Parisar Samiti.

A.ANAND
7th May 2009, 07:51 AM
Rahman launches Jai Ho world tour in full power

Tuesday, 05 May , 2009, 13:06

It was perhaps an experience of a lifetime for over 40,000-music lovers as Oscar-winning music maestro A R Rahman launched his worldwide Jai Ho tour in Kozhikode, Kerala, holding them enthralled with a range of popular hits from Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam movies.

Chennai celebrates Rahman`s Oscar win

It was a musical extravaganza this Kerala town has never seen before as music lovers from across the world thronged the corporation stadium last night to see their idol perform for the first time after winning a double Oscar for his score in Slumdog Millionaire.

Chennai celebrates Rahman`s Oscar win

Such was the response of the crowd that Rahman himself acknowledged at the end of the show that he would be delighted to return to Kozhikode once more.

Slumdog and Rahman are top winners at Oscars

The show is the first of the 39 such live shows to be conducted by the maestro all over the world during the next five years.

Rahman, you make us proud!

The show was enlivened by the participation of noted playback singers Hariharan, K S Chithra, Benny Dayal, Rahid Ali, Javed Ali, Mohammad Aslam and Sayanora who sang 30 popular songs from Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam movies. But the song that had the audience on their feet was undoubtedly the Oscar-winning Jai Ho.

The proceeds of the world tour would be spent for the welfare of HIV-positive children.

http://sify.com/movies/bollywood/fullstory.php?id=14885732&cid=2359

jaaze
7th May 2009, 08:19 AM
TOP 10 DOWNLOADS
(SINGAPORE)

http://www.soundbuzz.com/musicstore/Home.aspx?Partner=2&Country=197

(just go to www.soundbuzz.com and it goes to your country automatically)

1. Jai Ho! (You...
A.R. Rahman,... :boo:

Love Sex Mag...
Ciara Featur...

Poker Face
Lady Gaga

Boom Boom Po...
Black Eyed P...

My Life Woul...
Kelly Clarks...

Circus
Britney Spea...

Ru Yan
Olivia Ong

Hate That I ...
Rihanna

American Boy...
Estelle

10. Viva La Vida
Coldplay

Australia
1. Jai Ho! (You...
A.R. Rahman,...

We Made You
Eminem

Boom Boom Po...
Black Eyed P...

Love Story
Taylor Swift

Right Round ...
Flo Rida

Dont Trust M...
3Oh!3

Love Sex Mag...
Ciara Featur...

Hey Boys And...
Evermore

Breakeven
The Script

10. Dead And Gon...
T.I.

This what you mean by Rahman rocks the world 8-)

jaaze
7th May 2009, 08:32 AM
T.M. Soundararajan to sing for Rahman!
Ajay Kumar R [May 5, 2009, 3:11:55 PM]
When legends meet, it's melody that's produced! Old-timers and youngsters alike will soon get to hear T.M. Soundararajan's voice in A.R. Rahman's next album. This information was revealed by TMS himself, who is all excited to sing for Rahman.

T.M. Soundararajan said that it is never too old to sing and practises every day even at age 84. He refused to reveal any more details about his album.

TMS is making a comeback after a long time in Valiban Sutrum Ulagam, directed by A.R. Lalithasamy with music composed by none other than M.S. Viswanathan.

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/id/Soundararajan_to_sing_for_Rahman_24631.html

littlemaster1982
7th May 2009, 10:31 AM
LM, dont forget to check out "Gimme shelter" (it comes freqntly in BG of Departed) and "Satisfaction". My favs :2thumbsup:

Will do :D

A.ANAND
7th May 2009, 04:09 PM
TIME 100 - New York Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX6IKT0PBSc

A.ANAND
7th May 2009, 06:22 PM
Mani Rathnam is back in action
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, May 07, 2009]

The shooting of director Mani Rathnam's film 'Ashokavanam' in Tamil and 'Raavan' in Hindi was progressing at a rapid pace for two months in the dense forests of Kerala and adjoining places of Kolkata. Then after a small gap they planned to shoot again in Kerala. But unfortunately Mani Rathnam had a heart stroke and he was admitted at a private nursing home. Since this was his third attack, the doctors took severe precautions and treated him intensively. So the shooting was postponed indefinitely.

Now Mani Rathnam has fully recovered and the shooting of this film is to commence 20th of this month. Vikram, Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai, Priyamani and others are starring in this film.

The call sheet given by Aishwarya Rai for one month got wasted because of the postponement of the shooting. But she was not worried about this and has also given extra days. She used to regularly phone Mani Rathnam and enquired about his health. Now Aishwarya will be coming to Kerala since the shooting is to commence. It is understood that Mani Rathnam will not be able to shoot the film extensively because of his ill health. Because of this the film will be delayed and hence all the actors who are starring in this movie have decided to co operate with Mani Rathnam by giving extra call sheet.

Mean while Mani Rathnam is ready with his next script. The film is titled 'Rukmani'. The story is a whole some village subject. A R Rahman has already composed one song for this film.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/46818.html

A.ANAND
7th May 2009, 06:22 PM
Mean while Mani Rathnam is ready with his next script. The film is titled 'Rukmani'. The story is a whole some village subject. A R Rahman has already composed one song for this film.

:shock:

jaaze
7th May 2009, 06:23 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock: what's the source of this news?

A.ANAND
7th May 2009, 06:27 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock: what's the source of this news?

indiaglitz.com!kadavulukke velicham :lol:

Yathu
7th May 2009, 07:29 PM
A village based film! :yes: :D

Kumarappa
7th May 2009, 08:39 PM
2009 - A Promising year for A.R. Rahman

May 7th, 2009

Thusly, it’s gonna be a yet-more-fantastic post-Oscars Era for A.R. Rahman. ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ was not his destination, but a start-off to his great agenda. 2009 will bring out his best musicals for the top-most expensive budget films. On the lines, first one to raise everyone’s adrenaline is Rajnikanth starrer ‘Endhiran – The Robot’ directed by Shankar. The next one would be a grand treat for both Kollywood and Bollywood with Mani Rathnam’s ‘Raavan’.

More than all, his musical score for the Bollywood’s most expensive film of this year ‘BLUE’ starring Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif, Lara Dutta, Sanjay Dutt and Zayed Khan in lead roles too will hit the audio stores in First week of June. Apart from this, he has been offered to score music for Amitabh Bachchan’s forthcoming film ‘Buddham Sharanam Gachcchami’ that will have more stylish of Sufi music.

http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/news/2009-a-promising-year-for-ar-rahman/

Kumarappa
7th May 2009, 08:44 PM
Winners of technical awards of IIFA Awards 2009

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, May 7, 2009 - 15:31 IST

The International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) today announced the winners of the technical awards categories for the 'IIFA Awards 2009'. Jodhaa Akbar walked away with 5 awards followed by Ghajini which won 3 out of a total of 14 awards announced today. The winners will be presented their trophies on the night of the 'IIFA Awards' that will be held on June 13, 2009 at the Cotai Arena, The Venetian- Macau.

List of Winners in the technical awards category of IIFA Awards 2009

Best Background Score
A. R. Rahman (Jodhaa Akbar)
[...]

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2009/05/07/12842/index.html

littlemaster1982
7th May 2009, 10:00 PM
'Jai Ho' Calicut Concert Images (http://picasaweb.google.com/findsathiya/JaiHoCalicutConcert#)

jaaze
8th May 2009, 07:36 AM
Highest denomination 25 000 :shock: :frightened:

here in Singapore the highest was 500 Singapore dollars = 16 701.6101 Indian rupees

I went for the lowest :oops: 52 Singapore dollars = 1 736.96745 Indian rupees

But still managed to watch it for 12 Singapore dollars = 400.838643 Indian rupees 8-)

Roshan
8th May 2009, 01:34 PM
'Jai Ho' Calicut Concert Images (http://picasaweb.google.com/findsathiya/JaiHoCalicutConcert#)

Thanks Senthil :)

littlemaster1982
9th May 2009, 10:41 AM
A.R. Rahman
By Padma Lakshmi

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1894410_1893836_1894435,00.html

In India, a country of a billion inhabitants, where film and pop music are one, A.R. Rahman, 43, dominates the music industry so totally that he has supplied the sound track for a whole generation. He enjoys the godlike devotion of India's youth, but everyone from the street child who sweeps train platforms to the middle-aged doctor in Mumbai's posh Malabar Hill hums his tunes.

Born in Chennai (formerly Madras) and raised on Tamil movies and music, Rahman converted to Sufism — a mystical form of Islam — in the late 1980s. It is easy to hear these influences in his work, but his genius lies in tying many forms of music together to make a sound that is at once familiar and new. He first gained widespread notice for Mani Ratnam's Tamil film Roja (1992), then branched out into Hindi films and has succeeded in making Indian film music a global phenomenon. He has worked with Andrew Lloyd Webber and with Shekhar Kapur on Elizabeth and has influenced other gifted directors like Baz Luhrmann. This year he won two Oscars, a Golden Globe and a BAFTA for giving Slumdog Millionaire its frenetic sound.

Rahman is a shy and quiet man, but his music has emotional force. Renowned for his immense range, he'll do a traditional score for a conventional film, then blend exotic vocals with Japanese music and Western classical arrangements in his next project. A veritable Pied Piper, he has no competition, yet he makes it a priority to discover new talent and promote it. He has shaped modern India's music for more than a decade. Now the "Mozart of Madras" has the world's foot tapping along with him.

Times Cover (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3605/3514055517_0eed6e97f1_o.jpg). ARR in 5th row, 4th column.

A.ANAND
10th May 2009, 12:03 AM
Chennaiyil Oru Mazhai Kaalam film sean leaked in net!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8JWrG60fiw&feature=related

jaaze
10th May 2009, 10:19 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8JWrG60fiw&feature=related :lol: :banghead: :rotfl:
:hammer: :evil:

A.ANAND
10th May 2009, 12:30 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8JWrG60fiw&feature=related :lol: :banghead: :rotfl:
:hammer: :evil:

haiyya jally! :lol: :lol: :swinghead: :lol:

just for fun!take is easylah bang! :D

A.ANAND
10th May 2009, 12:43 PM
After 'ravana',maniratnam plan to direct his next venture with village based story 'rukkumani'.a.r.rahman allready compose one song for this movie!

source:kumudam

A.ANAND
10th May 2009, 12:48 PM
a.r.rahman felicitated by p.susila

http://whatslatest.com/index.php/Photos/Events/AR-Rahman-Felicitated-by-P-Susheela/

A.ANAND
11th May 2009, 11:25 AM
Mani Ratnam on his next flick!
Ajay Kumar R [May 10, 2009, 4:17:07 PM]

According to latest reports, director Mani Ratnam is recovering fast from his recent heart attack and the shooting for Ravan is most likely to start next week in Silent Valley, Kerala.

However, it is still unclear on how many hours Mani will shoot every day. The shoot will be in the jungles of Kerala (where the film抯 shoot had begun). The doctors have advised Mani Ratnam to take rest and Suhasini Mani Ratnam is coordinating with a lot of work behind the scenes. Ravan stars Aishwarya Rai, Abishek Bachchan, Vikram and Govinda.

Meanwhile, A.R. Rahman and the ace director have already started discussions about another film which will go on floors soon! Titled Rukmani, it is said to be a village love story. The director intends to shoot in more than one language and is expected to widen his cast by selecting actors and actresses from Tollywood and Mollywood too.

Ravan, in the meantime, may be released during Diwali this year.

http://telugu.galatta.com/entertainment/telugu/livewire/id/Mani_Ratnam_on_his_next_flick_24808.html

A.ANAND
11th May 2009, 11:27 AM
[tscii:4248717943]AR Rahman in Hyderabad
11 May 2009, 0000 hrs IST, TNN

Print Email Discuss Share Save Comment Text:

The heat did not stop them from queuing up in front of the venue, hours before the event could begin.

P Susheela and AR Rahman with mother, Kareema

On Saturday evening, fans gathered outside a city star hotel to catch a glimpse of music maestro AR Rahman. The evening began on a musical note with singers regaling the audience with numbers from Rahman’s films.

Rahman arrived at the venue five minutes after seven, and the moment the camera panned his face, the auditorium erupted in cheers. The felicitation ceremony began with P Susheela crowning Rahman the ‘Sur Shahenshah’. Rahman’s mother who accompanied him was presented with gold bangles.

“I’m humbled to receive this crown from P Susheela,” said Rahman. Also present at the ceremony were Dr C Narayana Reddy, Amarnath Nangunuri, CMD, TMC among others. The evening ended on a high note with Rahman singing Jai Ho for the audience.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Hyderabad/AR-Rahman-in-Hyderabad/articleshow/4506252.cms
[/tscii:4248717943]

A.ANAND
11th May 2009, 11:31 AM
[tscii:bc0cd6c9b9]I’VE A STRONG CONNECT WITH HYDERABAD’
Down-to-earth, warm and shy, global tunesmith AR Rahman was in town
recently. In an interview with Hyd Times he talks about music, his mom
and his dreams
SARAH SALVADORE Times News Network

Nothing’s changed about the man. If anything, Allah Rakha Rahman
is still the shy and humble person he was before Slumdog Millionaire
happened. The only difference is that with two Oscars and a BAFTA and
Golden Globe each, the security cover around him has thickened. And
rightfully so. If the crowd reaction in Hyderabad on Saturday night
was anything to go by, Rahman needs a barrage of bodyguards. In town
to be part of a ceremony to honour him for his achievements on the
world stage, Rahman was a picture of calm and dignity. India’s very
own Pied Piper who enjoys demi-god like adulation from zillions of
music buffs across the country and who was instrumental in showing the
world that music is not about language seemed overwhelmed with the
love and respect shown to him. “I’ve not come here for any gold crown,
but for the gold mine (Padmabhushan Dr P Susheela) sitting here right
next to me,” said Rahman. "After I came back from the Oscars, Susheela
Amma called and told me that she wanted to organise a ceremony for me.
I did not question her about anything. I just told her, ‘you can do
any ceremony. Just let me know when to come.’ That’s how much I adore
her.”
And just like the Oscars, Rahman was accompanied by his mother,
Kareema Begum and sister Rehana. “When my father passed away, my
mother took care of the family. I dropped out of school at the age of
11 and began working to help my mother out,” said the composer whose
famous oneliner (‘Mere paas maa hai’) at the Oscars wowed and won many
hearts. While speaking on work, Rahman does not forget to mention
people from the Telugu film industry who helped him during the initial
stages of his career. “Mom was working very hard for her three
children. We were going through a major financial crisis. That’s when
Telugu music director Ramesh Naidu took me under his wings and I
worked for him for a year. Later, I worked for six years for composer
Koti too. So you see, I have a strong connect with the people of
Andhra Pradesh who’ve always loved my music,” confesses the composer.
For the man who features in the Time magazine’s list of 100 most
influential people, Rahman never forgets to mention his influence —
his religious gurus. “It’s because of my guruji that I’m here today.
In fact, after this ceremony, I’ll be heading to Kadapa to pay my
respect to guruji,” quipped Rahman who visited the Ameen Peer Dargah
after his return from the Oscars.
Rahman, the man who wanted to be “left alone” after the Oscar win,
is now planning to “release music” on his own label, but has no idea
when he’ll be able to do it, because things seem a “little busy right
now.” Also coming up in 2009 are movie soundtracks, including the
soundtrack to a film called The 19th Step and some “interesting
collaborations” (reportedly Mick Jagger and Joss Stone have joined
hands with Rahman for a song slated to be released on United Nation’s
International Day of Peace on September 21).
Rahman who’s known to work on a film soundtrack for two years,
prefers to rotate projects to ensure he doesn’t “work too hard” and
claims that he’s still got much to “learn and achieve”. For the Mozart
of Madras, as he’s often labelled, whose albums have sold over 200
million copies (and still counting) modesty remains his middlename.
“Ten years ago Subbarami Reddy offered me a house in Banjara Hills
in case I decided to move to Hyderabad. That’s how much people here
love me,” said Rahman before being whisked off by his guards. If he
accepts the offer, it will definitely delight thousands of his fans
here in Hyderabad.
[/tscii:bc0cd6c9b9]

A.ANAND
11th May 2009, 11:34 AM
MOTHER DAT SPECIAL

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrahmanfans/3521050010/sizes/l/

A.ANAND
11th May 2009, 11:36 AM
Rahman 'Dil Se'

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Bollywood/Rahman-Dil-Se/articleshow/4506154.cms

A.ANAND
11th May 2009, 05:32 PM
AR Rahman releases 'Musafir' audio CD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjTw0XAYyXE

Ramakrishna
11th May 2009, 09:38 PM
I am a Rahman's Fan : Aishwarya Rai Bachchan !

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is known as the one to speak her mind. She rarely speaks about her co artistes, that too, in good vein.

The actress has, however, taken exception to this and has spoken her mind about Oscar winning music composer, AR Rahman.

The actress is known as the one to have worked in many of Rahman’s films, from her debut, Iruvar, to her forthcoming, Raavana. In fact, the actress even sang a line in Kandukondein Kandukondein, in which he was the music director.

Working with Rahman is sheer delight, says the former Miss World. And his music, Ash says, isn’t special only when it is in Bollywood. “I’m a big fan of his South Indian film scores as well, from Iruvan to Raavana,” Ash says.

Calling Rahman a gifted musician, Ash called herself a big fan of the composer.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/46890.html

A.ANAND
12th May 2009, 05:58 AM
A.R.RAHMAN FECILITATION EVENT

http://andhravilas.com/movienews.asp?id=96582&curPage=1

A.ANAND
12th May 2009, 06:55 AM
http://www.andhravilas.com/movienews.asp?id=96550

http://www.andhravilas.com/movienews.asp?id=96571

http://www.andhravilas.com/movienews.asp?id=96572

http://www.andhravilas.com/movienews.asp?id=96573

http://www.andhravilas.com/movienews.asp?id=96582

telugu makkal thalaivara anbala kulupattithanga! :D

A.ANAND
12th May 2009, 07:19 AM
http://www.cinespot.net/gallery/v/Events/South+Events/AR+Rahman+Felicitation+by+P+Susheela+Photos_+Still s_+Pics/AR+Rahman+Felicitation+by+P+Susheela+Photos_+Still s_+Pics+_27_.jpg.html

who is this guy with rahman???

Nerd
12th May 2009, 08:46 AM
In fact, the actress even sang a line in Kandukondein Kandukondein, in which he was the music director.

Really? Which song?

A.ANAND
12th May 2009, 09:25 AM
In fact, the actress even sang a line in Kandukondein Kandukondein, in which he was the music director.

Really? Which song?

wrong infomation!K.K la oru song kuda aish padala!

lancelot
12th May 2009, 01:31 PM

Really? Which song?

wrong infomation!K.K la oru song kuda aish padala!

thought she acted like she was singing a song and did a very bad job of it.. hehe
hehe

jaaze
12th May 2009, 01:46 PM
Very impt qn.. Did Sukhvinder perform in the Jai Ho concert :shock:

He was upset for not being able to perform at the Oscars and haven't heard from him since.

littlemaster1982
12th May 2009, 02:19 PM
No Jaaze, Sukhvinder was not a part of Calicut concert. In fact except Hariharan, Chitra and Sadhana Sargam, all other singers are new guys.

A.ANAND
13th May 2009, 06:00 AM
http://www.cinespot.net/gallery/v/Events/South+Events/AR+Rahman+Felicitation+by+P+Susheela+Photos_+Still s_+Pics/AR+Rahman+Felicitation+by+P+Susheela+Photos_+Still s_+Pics+_27_.jpg.html

please sir!yaarukavathu therinja sollunga.... :notworthy:

A.ANAND
13th May 2009, 04:32 PM
ar rahman releases 'esa'audio lunch

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/18238.html

Ramakrishna
13th May 2009, 04:34 PM

He is the director of ARR's telugu film Gangmaster

A.ANAND
13th May 2009, 04:38 PM
[tscii:438f5ef5fe]A.R. Rahman casts his vote
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, May 13, 2009]

Academy Award Winner A.R. Rahman casted his vote today morning at MGR School, Kodambakkam, near his office around 7.30 a.m¡* Well, it¡¯s been remarkable that Madras Mozart has been regularly involved with active participation despites busy schedules.

Fine! Rahman voted for¡*..? Point this question and he smiles, ¡®To the best candidate¡¯. Although, he has tuned Oscar Winning song ¡®Jai Ho¡¯ for a particular political party, Rahman doesn¡¯t let his tongue on his vote.

But, it was really letting down for Actor Kamal Haasan as his name was not included in the voters¡¯ list¡*

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/46945.html
[/tscii:438f5ef5fe]

A.ANAND
13th May 2009, 04:39 PM
AR Rahman casts his vote in Chennai

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwb8eulv8XA

A.ANAND
13th May 2009, 04:40 PM

He is the director of ARR's telugu film Gangmaster

thank u!thank u! :D

Yathu
13th May 2009, 04:41 PM
ARR will be on CNN Talk Asia on Wednesday 20th May at 6pm IST.

If anyone can record it & upload it somewhere, please do! :D

A.ANAND
13th May 2009, 04:57 PM
Rahman unhappy with use of Jai Ho in poll campaign

IANS | Wednesday, 13 May , 2009, 09:54

Music maestro A.R. Rahman, whose compositions in Slumdog Millionaire made him the first Indian to win twin Oscars, is critical of political parties using for a poll campaign the song Jai Ho that he composed for Danny Boyle's rags-to-riches drama.

"I was like in the bed, I was dehydrated, exhausted, and then all these things happened, somebody told me these people are using it. I hate politics. I just want people to serve the people. I want governments, whichever government comes in, to be unbiased and say there should be justice in the country and that's my purpose in life," Rahman said in an interview.

The interview will be aired on CNN May 20 and there will repeat telecasts May 21 and May 23.

The Congress had bought exclusive rights to the song Jai Ho for its poll campaign but the jingle was later dropped as the party's theme song.

In the interview, the composer also explains how his accolades for Slumdog Millionaire are also a recognition for India.

"I got very emotional when saying this is for India, when you guys truly deserve it because there are so many different film industries in India, so many different markets, Hindi film industry, Tamil film industry, Malayalam, then Bengali, so in a way I think it culminates all their aspirations and so it's here," he said.

Before he shot to stardom with the film Roja, Rahman used to create radio jingles. He has since collaborated with international music superstars like Michael Jackson and Kylie Minogue.

When asked about his next project post-Oscars, he said: "I have a couple of offers from Hollywood. Pure American movies which I thought for the heck of it let's do it and a couple of other surprises that you'll know very soon if it works out. Big surprises I think."

A.ANAND
13th May 2009, 05:22 PM
Big surprises I think."
:shaking: guest who is the lucky guy?? :D

steven spielberg
james bond movie
ridly scote
brad pit movie

A.ANAND
14th May 2009, 08:12 AM
Gautham travels to Malta Islands with Simbu and Trisha
www.galatta.com [May 12, 2009, 12:10:06 PM]

The Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya team seems to exploring some of the best-known exotic locations around the world! Some time back, there was news that Gautham would be travelling to Austria and parts of Europe with the team. But now, we just heard that Simbu and Trisha will go to the remote Malta Islands, a famous shooting spot for Hollywood films.

Several Hollywood films, including Gladiator, were shot in these islands which is also considered lucky by many film makers!

Gautham said that four songs have been composed by music director A.R. Rahman, and he does not want to make any compromises in the picturisation of the songs. The entire unit is expected to wrap up the shoot in three weeks and head to another location which has been kept secret.

The director is very eager to complete this film and start working on Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikalam which again has Trisha and four newcomers in the lead.

A.ANAND
15th May 2009, 01:15 PM
AR Rahman: Scoring 'Slumdog'

CNN) -- He's the man who helped make "Slumdog Millionaire" an international hit, scoring the soundtrack of the Oscar winning film. Despite his performance at the Oscars ceremony and being caught up in all the glitz and adulation, Rahman is a reluctant star.

Feeling like a millionaire: AR Rahman picked up two Oscar's for best original song and best score.

He's worked on films since he was a teenager, taking over the role of family breadwinner after his father died and followed in his footsteps as a composer.

While he had stints writing advertising jingles in India, composing for films has been his life's work so far, yet from his studio in Chennai he admitted to CNN he didn't want to score films.

"I kept saying next year I'll quit, next year I'll quit. And finally because I was sucked into it more and more, now I have the Oscars" he said.

His Oscar performance and acceptance speech was one of the most memorable at this year's awards.

Show times
Wednesday, May 20: 13.30 GMT (20.30 Hong Kong)
Thursday, May 21: 04.00 GMT (11.00 Hong Kong)
Saturday, May 23: 05.30, 15.30, 19.30 GMT (12.30, 22.30, 02.30 Hong Kong)
Monday, May 25: 03.00 GMT (10.00 Hong Kong)
Tuesday, May 26: 16.30 GMT (23.30 Hong Kong)
"I thought if I get it I'll be quiet, if I don't get it I'll be quiet, so I was training my mind not to get over-emotional. So when I first got it I didn't feel it at all, it was like a rehearsal for me. When I finished my performance then I felt at ease and then I became very philosophical as you know, and I chose love over hate and all this stuff," he told CNN.

Feted by many in media, his hit "Jai ho" was covered by the Pussy Cat Dolls, but the softly spoken Rahman doesn't find it hard to remain grounded. Rahman runs a music school in Chennai, the KM Music Conservatory that keeps him motivated and reminds him that music has a potency that can transform lives.

"Music can do so many things. I have my foundation, I have my music school. I have people teaching, kids are learning, so I take this as an advantage, the popularity and taking that and putting it into good things, which motivated me to work harder," he said.

As well as working on more Hindi films, Hollywood beckons, if only for a new experience. There have also been rumors he may score the next James Bond film.

"I have a couple of offers from Hollywood. Pure American movies which I thought for the heck of it let's do it and a couple of other surprises that you'll know very soon if it works out. Big surprises I think," he said.

A.ANAND
15th May 2009, 01:20 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/05/14/rahman.slumdog/

A.ANAND
15th May 2009, 03:16 PM
CNN'S Talk Asia travels to A. R. Rahman's home in Chennai
14/05/2009 18:43:00 Deepika

A. R. Rahman
He's sold hundreds of millions of albums and was recently named as one of the world's most influential people by Time Magazine: A R Rahman has risen to global prominence with his work on Slumdog Millionaire, which saw him become the first Indian to win two Academy Awards. The soundtrack also spawned the worldwide hit 'Jai Ho', which was covered by The Pussycat Dolls.

This week, Talk Asia travels to Rahman's home in Chennai, where the media-shy composer sits down for an expansive interview with CNN's Anjali Rao. He also opens the doors to his recording studio, revealing the composing process which has lead to a glittering music career. Finally, Rahman takes Talk Asia on a tour of his new conservatory, where he hopes to create India's first philharmonic orchestra.

The star composer discusses his inspiration in writing the music for 'Slumdog,' discusses criticism of the film in India and shares the experience of giving an Oscar acceptance speech. He also introduces viewers to his two latest and most prized possessions - his Oscar statuettes.

Rahman explains how his accolades are also recognition for India. He says, 'I got very emotional when saying this is for India, when you guys truly deserve it because there are so many different film industries in India so many different markets, Hindi film industry, Tamil film industry, Malayalam, then Bengali, so in a way I think it culminates all their aspirations and so it's here.

He is critical, however, of the use of 'Jai Ho' in India's election campaigning. 'I was like in the bed, I was dehydrated, exhausted, and then all these things happened, somebody told me these people are using it. I hate politics I just want people to serve the people. I want governments, whichever government comes in to be unbiased and say there should be justice in the country and that's my purpose in life.'

Rahman also discusses his early years of writing radio jingles, before he shot to stardom with the film 'Roja', which revolutionized film soundtracks. He has since collaborated with music superstars like Michael Jackson and Kylie Minogue and shares the experiences.

Anjali Rao presses him on his next project, post-Oscars. 'I have a couple of offers from Hollywood. Pure American movies which I thought for the heck of it let's do it and a couple of other surprises that you'll know very soon if it works out. Big surprises I think.'

The show will be telecast May 20 with second and third airings on May 21 and 23.

A.ANAND
15th May 2009, 03:23 PM
A.R. Rahman in Oprah Winfrey Talk Show!
Ajay Kumar R [May 15, 2009, 10:58:46 AM]

Every day, there is some news about A.R. Rahman, also known as the Mozart of Madras!. The noted composer seems to be making waves internationally and has to be even more careful while choosing the right projects.

Rahman has scaled new heights after winning the Oscars, which made Indians proud the world over. The musician has been receiving offers from several quarters and across languages. He is also expected to compose music for many Hollywood flicks soon.

The American media has woken up to his glory and his name has appeared in every newspaper. With Rahman becoming so popular, Oprah Winfrey, who is famous for her talk shows, has decided to feature him in her popular televison show. The American celebrity is expected to visit India soon, and Rahman might accompany her to give a glimpse of India's richness!

The only other Indian celebrity Oprah Winfrey has featured is Aishwarya Rai. Rahman will be the second Indian celebrity to appear in her talk show.

'Jai Ho' Rahman!

http://english.galatta.com/entertainment/english/livewire/id/Rahman_in_Oprah_Winfrey_Talk_Show_25104.html

Ramakrishna
15th May 2009, 04:08 PM
http://www.istream.in/video/1968/we-wanted-rahman-for-dashavtar-kamal.html

ajaybaskar
17th May 2009, 01:57 PM
[tscii:c674c60397]A R Rahman for a Bond film?
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, May 16, 2009]

Luck follows success and success follows hardwork. After the success of Slumdog millionaire and marathon of awards at Oscar Ceremony, AR Rahman has reached new heights of his career.

The latest talk is that Rahman is all set to compose his magical Tunes for the next Bond film. This would be 23rd James Bond film which will be produced by Barbara Broccoli and co producer is McDougal who earlier produced a successful movie ‘Beach’ jointly with Danny Boyle.

Danny Boyle is the key person who values the talent of AR Rahman and is said to have attached him into this opportunity. Good Luck Rahman we expect the same wonders in music again.

[/tscii:c674c60397]

A.ANAND
17th May 2009, 03:12 PM
SHEKAR KAPOOR-ARR-NEW MOVIE PASSAGE

http://www.quietearth.us/articles/2009/04/22/Trailer-for-Shekhar-Kapurs-latest-PASSAGE-starring-Julia-Stiles

united07
18th May 2009, 08:13 AM
Guys, i know this is an inappopriate place to ask this....but if you guys can, please help.

I am looking for cool tamil fonts, the ones that Manirathnam uses for his movie promotions. Where can I get it?

Any idea anyone?

jaaze
18th May 2009, 09:33 AM
SHEKAR KAPOOR-ARR-NEW MOVIE PASSAGE

http://www.quietearth.us/articles/2009/04/22/Trailer-for-Shekhar-Kapurs-latest-PASSAGE-starring-Julia-Stiles Shekhar Kapoor :sigh2:

This guy announces tons of movies but only 1 or 2 make it through.

A news paper read that 30% of ARR's works have not seen the light. This guy may form a huge part of it.

shocker
20th May 2009, 02:46 AM
Maybe that is a good thing - rather quality than quantity as the saying goes.

jaaze
20th May 2009, 06:34 AM
***REMINDER***

Don't forget to watch :
A R Rahman on Talk Asia
CNN 6 pm IST
Tonight :)

A.ANAND
20th May 2009, 10:04 AM
Spotted: A R Rahman in Japan

http://movies.rediff.com/look/2009/may/18/spotted-rahman.htm

A.ANAND
20th May 2009, 10:06 AM
AMU to honour A. R. Rahman next month!

http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/09/may/19-amu-to-honour-a-r-rahman-next-month-050903.asp

A.ANAND
20th May 2009, 10:08 AM
RJ Big Dheena meets Music Director AR Rahman

http://www.radioandmusic.com/content/editorial/news-releases/rj-big-dheena-meets-music-director-ar-rahman

A.ANAND
20th May 2009, 10:11 AM
***REMINDER***

Don't forget to watch :
A R Rahman on Talk Asia
CNN 6 pm IST

intha progaram-ma record panni pottinganna, 'sevvai thozham 'ullavanglalukku kudiya seekiram nallathu nadakkum! :lol:

A.ANAND
20th May 2009, 10:13 AM
A.R.Rehman--1 year old fan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkBf-ydLQ50&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_t7x9mOeuw&feature=related

lancelot
20th May 2009, 11:56 AM
***REMINDER***

Don't forget to watch :
A R Rahman on Talk Asia
CNN 6 pm IST

youtube this please :)
hehe

jaaze
20th May 2009, 01:15 PM
don't worry
our co-fans around the world will ensure it's on youtube a few hours after the programme :)

jaaze
20th May 2009, 01:56 PM
[tscii:1ddfeb7ab3]Entertainment News - Channel News Asia (Singapore)

Bollywood music professionals fight for royalties
Posted: 09 May 2009 1212 hrs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/entertainment/view/428022/1/.html

MUMBAI: Music composers and lyricists in India's Hindi-language film industry have joined forces to fight for better pay, copyright and royalties on their work.

Leading Bollywood lyricist Javed Akhtar is among those campaigning for a change, which involves a legal battle in the courts against big music labels.

"This move has just been initiated by all of us and we hope to get fair rights and money for our songs," he said.

The average Bollywood "masala" film has at least six songs and a dramatic score which very often determines whether a movie will be a hit or a flop.

But the pay rates often have nothing to do with how a film fares at the box office. Composers and lyricists now want this to change and to retain the rights over their work.

A lyricist can be paid anything from 100 dollars to 10,000 dollars for one song, depending on how well known they are. Composers – also referred to as music directors – can be paid between 20,000 and 400,000 dollars per film.

Film producers set the rates of pay, then sell the songs to music companies which retain the sole copyright on sales and digital rights and earn lifetime royalties.

Legendary music director A.R. Rahman, who won two Oscars this year for his work on the hit film "Slumdog Millionaire," was the first composer to challenge the system.

He insisted on a clause in his contract that he would retain the rights over his songs and refused to compose for producers if he was not allowed to perform them at live concerts without permission.

As a result, he refused to write for the Shahrukh Khan blockbuster "Om Shanti Om" in 2007, which became one of Bollywood's top grossing films ever.

"I didn't do the film because it is difficult for me to perform my own songs at stage shows because I don't have the necessary permission to perform," Rahman said at the time.

Top music director Sajid Ali said composers and lyricists are now taking Rahman's lead, feeling they are not getting their dues and that their work is going unrecognised by the public in the star-driven industry.

"Rahman was smarter than all of us," said Ali, who performs with his brother Wajid in the musical duo Sajid-Wajid. "He knew about these things much ahead of us as we were not educated enough but now we, too, have awoken.

"All over the world music directors and lyricists have rights over their songs, but it is only in India that we don't. The music companies cannot earn royalties all their lives on our hard work."

Another top lyricist, Sameer, who goes by one name, said: "We sat with music companies and tried to explain our viewpoint but no one was willing to listen."

He said that is why the musicians were going to court "to find a permanent solution to this problem".

India's music industry is worth an estimated 151 million dollars and is projected to grow to 216 million dollars by 2013, according to a KPMG report on the country's entertainment industry.

Bollywood tunes are among the biggest sellers, topping music charts and available in a number of formats, including as ringtones in India's burgeoning mobile phone sector.

Composers and lyricists have blamed industry bodies for not addressing the situation, but they said their hands are tied.

Phonographic Performance Ltd, which represents the big music labels, said it is only looking after its members' interests.

The Indian Performing Right Society, which represents songwriters and artistes, said it sympathised but was only collecting royalties on behalf of the film producers, who own the intellectual property rights.

"We cannot decide who the legal owners of the rights are as that's not our job," Rakesh Nigam, an official of the organisation, was recently quoted as saying by the DNA newspaper.

- AFP/so

[/tscii:1ddfeb7ab3]

jaaze
20th May 2009, 02:05 PM
Kylie Mynogue's dream to work with Rahman came true

http://www.nanyang100.com/entertainment/6167.html

She also had a "dream come true" earlier this year when she worked with Oscar-winning "Slumdog Millionaire" composer AR Rahman by performing one of his songs in a Bollywood film.

jaaze
20th May 2009, 02:09 PM
[tscii:94ea426a94]Nitin Sawhney (UK) - worked with A R Rahman

http://www.singaporegp.sg/yourguide/entertainers.php

There is no disputing the fact that Nitin Sawhney is widely regarded as one of the most influential and versatile creative talents alive today. Firmly established as a world‐class producer, songwriter, DJ, multi‐instrumentalist, orchestral composer, and cultural pioneer. A latter‐day Renaissance man in the worlds of music, film, videogames, dance and theatre, Sawhney has released 7 studio albums – each one garnering critical acclaim. To date, has received no less than 15 major national awards for his work, and has sold‐out at many of the world’s most prestigious venues both as a band and DJ. Sawhney has worked with a host of artists including Sting, Paul McCartney, Sinead O’Connor, A R Rahman, Jeff Beck, Brian Eno, Fink, and Will Young. To date, Sawhney has scored over forty films, as well as having scored TV ads for top international agencies. An acclaimed flamenco guitarist and classical/jazz pianist, Sawhney’s musical ability to transcend cultural barriers has also gained him much recognition within the classical community.

» www.nitinsawhney.com
[/tscii:94ea426a94]

jaaze
20th May 2009, 02:45 PM
//
From: MADDY (@ 203.94.216.4 (@ ) on: Sun Feb 22 16:50:03 EST 2004

http://tfmpage.com/forum/archives/26026.1811.09.07.50.html

Don't tell me it is MADDY :shock:

Thalafanz
20th May 2009, 04:54 PM
Heard from local radio fm: ARR confirmed for next James Bond movie... :cool:

jaaze
20th May 2009, 04:59 PM
Heard from local radio fm: ARR confirmed for next James Bond movie... :cool: :cool2: ( but can't trust radio stations.. they just announce what they see on the papers / net)

jaaze
20th May 2009, 06:32 PM
Just finished watching the CNN interview
Very interesting aspects covered in interview
Cliched questions could have been avoided though..
Missed out some in between due to poor reception here
Looking forward to youtube..

jaaze
20th May 2009, 06:42 PM
ULTIMATELY EXCLUSIVE:

Catch the whole interview at extreme quality here:

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/05/14/rahman.slumdog/index.html

It has everything from the show

Hail CNN!

Thalafanz
20th May 2009, 07:13 PM
Wow! Jaaze thank you thank you :D

jaaze
20th May 2009, 07:21 PM
welcome :D

all neatly compiled at my blog as well :)

http://sg-cafe.blogspot.com/2009/05/r-rahmans-interview-on-cnn-talk-asia.html

shocker
22nd May 2009, 03:37 PM
Awesome insight.

A.ANAND
22nd May 2009, 03:54 PM
ULTIMATELY EXCLUSIVE:

Catch the whole interview at extreme quality here:

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/05/14/rahman.slumdog/index.html

It has everything from the show

Hail CNN!

thanks jaaze sare! :D

jaaze
25th May 2009, 06:36 AM
A R Rahman will be performing in Pune in a week from now. Will you be there? Get your tickets from www.arrahmaninpune.com

shocker
26th May 2009, 01:59 AM
Erm no, I wish.

Yathu
26th May 2009, 02:48 AM
I'm sure he'll be coming to a town near you too, within the next 5 years.

jaaze
26th May 2009, 06:34 AM
The chances of him coming to Singapore again is rare.

PCD is coming here in June :sigh2: (If I get a free ticket, I would go just to watch them perform Jai Ho! :D )

A.ANAND
26th May 2009, 05:32 PM
[tscii:ff86b622ee]The world is his oyster

Inundated with offers from all over the world, AR Rahman now has four headquarters; in Chennai, Mumbai, London and Los Angeles

By Subhash K Jha
Posted On Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 02:34:16 AM

It's official now. AR Rahman will soon be establishing his base in Los Angeles. He is currently in the process of buying a place where he can set up a full-fledged office in the mecca of movies and music.

Thanks to his ever-growing popularity, Rahman now lives his life in suitcases. He confirmed this and said, "I now have four separate teams in four cities — Chennai, LA, London and Mumbai."

Strangely Rahman's scores back home have slowed down on their own. Commenting on what happens to his work at home, the busy composer said, "Kamal Haasan's Marmayogi got postponed after I did four songs with him. So, I got some reprieve. Then recently I was in Mumbai and Mani Ratnam flew down to record a song. That's the way he likes to work. Even during Bombay he would fly down to Mumbai for the music as he likes the city's energy. Almost all of the background score of Bombay was done in Mumbai. Even the songs of Rang De Basanti were recorded in Mumbai."

Rahman doesn't buy the theory that he has done far better work than Slumdog Millionaire.

"Who is to decide this? For the West, it is a change of sound and pace. In India I hear people saying, 'Rahman has done much better work than Slumdog.' But beauty lies in the ears of the beholder. And the West loves the film's soundtrack," he said.

Coming back to composing music for Hollywood, Rahman added, "The actor Vince Vaughn met me recently and asked me to do the score in one of his films. That was a touching moment. I start work on this project in July. I didn't set out to redefine myself with Slumdog Millionaire. It just happened. For me it's important for my whole team to be happy with my music."

[/tscii:ff86b622ee]

shocker
26th May 2009, 06:55 PM

PCD is coming here in June Sigh2 (If I get a free ticket, I would go just to watch them perform Jai Ho! Very Happy )

Why not, it's free after all :D

jaaze
26th May 2009, 07:01 PM

PCD is coming here in June Sigh2 (If I get a free ticket, I would go just to watch them perform Jai Ho! Very Happy )

Why not, it's free after all :D:shock: It's not free shocker. I was saying if I were able to get a free ticket, then I would go there to watch them perform Jai Ho (I am not a fan of them and can't tolearate concerts other than ARR :) )

A.ANAND
27th May 2009, 06:42 AM
[tscii:afad5799f3]A week off for Oprah: ARR
ANUPAMA SUBRAMANIAN DECCAN CHRONICLE

Article Rank

A. R. Rahman who wants to give Oprah Winfrey a tour of India, talks
about post Oscar buzz

TT he long list of honours T including the two Oscars, T a Golden
Globe and mak T ing it to Time magazine’s T choice of the 100 most
influential people in the world, has not changed anything in namma
Chennai’s music maestro A.R.Rahman. The down-to-earth musician has
plans to build a team of young creative professionals and develop
innovative, refreshing scripts that are a far cry from existing
stereotypes. In an exclusive interview to DC, ARR shares his ideas.

Q How did you end up becoming Oprah Winfrey’s tour guide? When I was
featured along side Obama and Oprah in Time, I casually asked her if
she had ever been to India? She said no and asked if I would be
willing to bring her here. I replied in the affirmative. If she does
make that trip, I would take a week off from work and show her around.
I admire and respect Oprah for the woman that she is and for voicing
her concerns on various global issues. Q What are your current
Hollywood ventures? I’m not collaborating with any composers in
Hollywood. I’m just doing independent films with a few renowned names
in Hollywood. Some of released this Christmas.

them are getting I will certainly reveal the names later. And no, it’s
not the new James Bond film (laughs).

Q Post the Oscars, people have started considering you as a demi-god
of sorts. Comments? I don’t think that’s true. As of now, there’s a
lot of pressure in work. Previously I could attend to all calls
whether personal or professional and even answer every email. Today I
get about 400 emails every day and it may not be possible to reply to
each one.

Nobody will appreciate me if I don’t do my music, which has always
been my first priority. So I shut myself off from everything else and
devote maximum time for it. I hope people don’t get offended if I
don’t respond as I am not ignoring anyone; it’s just that I need to
fully focus on my music now.

Q What about people in the industry who think you are unapproachable?
I’m trying hard to balance my Indian and Hollywood projects.

Right now, I have several commitments on hand — like Mani sir’s
Ravana, Shankar’s Endhiran Gautham Menon’s Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaaya
and Sultan the Warrior. There’s also the Bollywood film Blue.

Q Most western films only have background scores and no songs. As you
were acclaimed more for your songs, do you think it’s an impediment to
accepting foreign films? There are musicians dedicated to composing
background scores and there are others solely involved in making
songs.

Luckily for me, Slumdog Millionaire fetched Oscars in both
departments. The filmmakers have put their trust in me on both
aspects. I hope I can live up to the same.

Q In Hollywood, Intellectual Property rights are a big thing.

What do you think needs to be done here? I feel the practice of
reusing an old song for a new film without getting the permit for the
same must change. In Hollywood, a permit needs to be sought for
everything. A whole team of music editors, supervisors and associates
oversee the product.

Unlike here, one doesn’t have to take all strains upon oneself.

Q Two songs from Gautham’s upcoming film are circulating on the
Internet. Do you know about this? I haven’t given any songs to Gautham
as yet. How can they be circulated? That apart, when technology is
used for wrongdoing, there will be others who would work for its
protection as well.

e Q Being a Chennaiite, when all other states felicitated you after
the Oscars, do you have any hard feelings that Tamil Nadu government
did not do anything? (Evasively) Representatives of the governments of
Maharashtra and New Delhi called on me and and congratulated my work.
Even top politicians from TN did that. I don’t have the luxury to
think about such things as my work takes most of my time.

[/tscii:afad5799f3]

jaaze
27th May 2009, 06:46 AM
Anand, yen unga post-la ivvalavu tea.. Kudikkumpothu spill panniteengalaa :lol2:

A.ANAND
27th May 2009, 07:46 AM
Anand, yen unga post-la ivvalavu tea.. Kudikkumpothu spill panniteengalaa :lol2:

tea-ya?puriyala sir! :roll:

jaaze
27th May 2009, 07:49 AM
[tscii:ba49a1f31a]

TT he long list of honours T including the two Oscars, T a Golden
Globe and mak T ing it to Time magazine’s T choice of the 100 most
influential people in the world,
[/tscii:ba49a1f31a]:lol2:

Btw, I didn't know ARR was featured alongside Obama :shock: :o (though I know he was feat in Time Mag for 100 Most influential people)

Anyone has the scans?

thamizhvaanan
27th May 2009, 08:24 AM
[tscii:d87368c8b6]
I haven’t given any songs to Gautham
as yet. How can they be circulated?

I was curious about the progress of this film. I thought this could be the next ARR album to hit the stands :([/tscii:d87368c8b6]

A.ANAND
27th May 2009, 02:04 PM
[tscii:456a068ea8]Dr AR Rahman

May 27, 2009

AR Rahman’s Oscar winning song has made him world famous and since then the music composer has been receiving several prestigious offers from all the film industries across the globe.

Acclaims seem to be pouring for AR Rahman in all directions ever since he held the two coveted Oscar in his hands. The latest honor to be bestowed on him is the honorary doctorate degree by the Aligarh Muslim University. The Oscar winner will receive the award on June 7th, as per the university sources. Gopalkrishna Gandhi, the West Bengal Governor will grace the occasion as the chief guest.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/may-09-05/a-r-rahman-27-05-09.html
[/tscii:456a068ea8]

A.ANAND
27th May 2009, 02:06 PM
Rahman to compose music for the Tamil Nadu Police
-A +AFontPosted: May 29, 2009 at 1717 hrs IST
PrintEmailNewsletterPost CommentsRSS AR Rahman would be composing music for a film to be made and released by the Tamil Nadu Police, speaking about the role and importance of the Police in society. This film is reportedly planned on the lines of Kaavalar Namathu Sevakar, released last year and made with a view to glorify the cops.
It was much before Rahman won the Oscar that high officials from the Tamil Nadu Police department had approached him requesting him to find time for composing music for such a film. Rahman has now intimated the Police Department that he would be very much available to them for the project and that too as per their convenience. Real good social commitment indeed!

http://www.screenindia.com/news/rahman-to-compose-music-for-the-tamil-nadu-police/466284/

A.ANAND
27th May 2009, 02:08 PM
[tscii:202558558c]‘Jai ho’ magic set to sway city

Reporter
Wednesday, May 27th, 2009 AT 12:05 PM
Tags: Pune, A R Rahaman, Jai Ho, Balewadi, concert, musical show
Close...

The stage is all set for the AR Rahman concert, ‘Jai Ho’ to be held at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Kridanagari stadium at Balewadi on May 31. The maestro will be in the city a day prior to the event and will interact with the media before his musical show.

According to the organisers, the stadium has a capacity of 30,000 seats and ticket sales are being carried out at several outlets in the city. The minimum rate is Rs 450, which would enable fans to watch the show while standing. The other tickets are priced at Rs 1,000, Rs 2,000 and Rs 5,000.

Even though the programme is pitched as a charity show for Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, the organisers are clearly looking at earning close to Rs 20 to 25 lakh from the show.

“It will be an audio-visual spectacle. We are getting a 61/14 LED wall - which is for the first time in India. A R Rahman will be performing all the songs from his latest films.

Since he has not had a show in a while, it will be a fresh experience for the audience,” said Adinath Mangeshkar at a press briefing held on Tuesday at the venue, where work is being carried out in full swing.

The singers expected at the show include Hariharan, Sadhna Sargam, Benny Dayal and Rashid Ali. The organisers assure that all measures have been taken to avoid any untoward incident.

THIS SUNDAY
Chhatrapati Shivaji Kridanagari stadium at Balewadi, the venue, has a capacity of 30,000 seats. The minimum rate is Rs 450, which would enable fans to watch the show while standing. The other tickets are priced at Rs 1,000, Rs 2,000 and Rs 5,000.

http://www.sakaaltimes.com/2009/05/27123423/Jai-ho-magic-set-to-sway-cit.html

[/tscii:202558558c]

MADDY
28th May 2009, 09:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlo1R4x1hV4&feature=related

old video of thalaivar 8-) rahman at audio release of rangeela (must be 1995) :P

jaaze
28th May 2009, 10:44 AM
ignore my previous post a few pages back on :shock: whether MADDY posted this..

I forgot there were impostors back then in TFM page :)

A.ANAND
28th May 2009, 12:27 PM
A.R Rahman conferred another doctorate!

By Moviebuzz | Thursday, 28 May , 2009, 11:02

For A.R Rahman it has been raining doctorates, ever since he received two Oscars.

Recently he was offered an honorary doctorate by the Anna University, Chennai and another by Middlesex University, London.

Everybody worldwide wants to honour him with more awards and citations.

The latest honour coming his way is an honorary doctorate degree from one of the most prestigious learning centers in Asia, the Aligarh Muslim University.

Rahman will be conferred a doctorate and will get an award on June 7. Gopalkrishna Gandhi, the West Bengal Governor will be the chief guest at the function which may also be attended by other luminaries from North India.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14890535

A.ANAND
29th May 2009, 01:31 PM
ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் விளையாட்டு?
கத்தை கத்தையா கையிலே நோட்டு....!

கொப்புளிச்சா பன்னீரு, துப்புனா பிரசாதம்னு சும்மாவா சொன்னாங்க பெரிய மனுஷங்களை பற்றி? வேடிக்கையாக கேட்ட ஒரு விஷயத்தை சீரியஸ்சா எடுத்துகிட்டு 'புடிங்க'ன்னு மூணு கோடியை கையிலே திணிச்சுட்டு கிளம்புச்சு ஒரு குரூப்! எங்கேய்யா இந்த அதிசயம்?

ஆஸ்கர் நாயகன் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானை நேரில் பார்த்து வாழ்த்துக்களை தெரிவிக்கணும்னு நினைச்சாங்க கனரா வங்கி அதிகாரிங்க. போன் அடிச்சதுமே புறப்பட்டு வாங்கன்னு சொல்லிட்டாராம் இசைப்புயல். போனவர்களிடம் சகஜமா பேசிட்டு இருந்தவர், 'சார், எங்களுக்கெல்லாம் லோன் கொடுக்க மாட்டீங்களா?' என்றாராம். அவ்வளவுதான்!

ஏ.டி.எம் மிஷினை விட வேகமா செயல்பட்ட அதிகாரிங்க, அங்கேயே உட்கார்ந்து அரை மணி நேரத்தில் லோன் சேங்ஷன் பண்ணினாங்களாம். கொஞ்ச நஞ்சமில்லே, மூணு கோடி! 'வேண்டாம் சார். வெளையாட்டுக்கு கேட்டேன்'னு ரஹ்மான் சமாளிச்சாலும், விடாம செக்கை கையிலே திணிச்சுட்டுதான் கிளம்புனாங்களாம்.

நமக்கெல்லாம் இப்படி ஒரு வேகத்தோட செயல்படுமா பேங்க்? பின் மண்டையிலே பெட்ரோலை ஊத்திகிட்டு யோசிக்க வேண்டிய கேள்வி!

-மட தம்பிரான்

jaaze
29th May 2009, 01:32 PM
:oops: phew I thought I just read ARR confronted by other doctors :oops:

A.R Rahman conferred another doctorate!

jaaze
29th May 2009, 01:34 PM
ஏ.டி.எம் மிஷினை விட வேகமா செயல்பட்ட அதிகாரிங்க, அங்கேயே உட்கார்ந்து அரை மணி நேரத்தில் லோன் சேங்ஷன் பண்ணினாங்களாம். கொஞ்ச நஞ்சமில்லே, மூணு கோடி! 'வேண்டாம் சார். வெளையாட்டுக்கு கேட்டேன்'னு ரஹ்மான் சமாளிச்சாலும், விடாம செக்கை கையிலே திணிச்சுட்டுதான் கிளம்புனாங்களாம்.
reminds me of the comedy where Vivek is forcibly given a 'hand loan' from the movie durai :lol:

thineshan54321
30th May 2009, 08:39 PM
guys i am wondering if any of u have bose the forgotten hero CD. i am really needing wav rips of these songs. will someone help me? i tried to find this in canada but i couldnt.

littlemaster1982
30th May 2009, 08:45 PM
Thineshan,

I have the original CD. Will rip it and upload :D

It might take 5-10 days, as the CD is in my hometown.

thineshan54321
31st May 2009, 12:58 AM
Thineshan,

I have the original CD. Will rip it and upload :D

It might take 5-10 days, as the CD is in my hometown.

perfect thanks little master. consider wav or flac please.

Scale
31st May 2009, 01:50 PM
Its been 4 months now. Thalaivar Oscar vaanginaalum vaanginaaru oru album kooda release aagala :(

Kumarappa
31st May 2009, 02:53 PM
Its been 4 months now. Thalaivar Oscar vaanginaalum vaanginaaru oru album kooda release aagala :(

Don't worry, in the following months, a couple of albums should release, at least Blue and Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya! Don't know, what happened with Telugu film Puli, but Mani's film and Sultan are postponed, since they haven't still finished shooting.

littlemaster1982
1st June 2009, 06:52 PM
There was Rahman magic in the air... (http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOINEW&BaseHref=TOIPU/2009/06/01&PageLabel=2&EntityId=Ar00200&ViewMode=HTML&GZ=T)

Pune: There was a buzz in the air. Thousands of Puneites were eagerly waiting for the ‘Mozart of Madras’ and his magical melodies. And, he did not disappoint.

The Balewadi sports complex resounded with the Rahman magic leaving his fans spellbound and asking for more as The Times of India Jai Ho concert unfolded in the balmy Sunday evening.

The venue was crowded well before the show started. And then the wait began, that of the maestro and his posse of musicians.

Moments before Rahman got onto the stage, radio jockeys of Radio Mirchi, RJ Shrikant and RJ Aditi played host and welcomed the crowd. The crowd complied when they were asked to scream ‘Jai Ho’ at the top of their voices but their loudest cheer was reserved for Rahman as he came on to the stage in a lift that came up from the middle of the stage. Clad in a white sherwani, Rahman started off the show with a track from ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ and followed it up with a Tamil track ‘Machan Machan’.

But it was his talk before the track that left the audience charmed. “Namaskar, salaam and satsriakaal! A dream I had since a long time has finally come true today, and I’m here in Pune. We are going to have fun today with some good songs, some bad and some mistakes,” he said with a laugh.

The next track, one of his latest releases — the title song of ‘Delhi-6’ — had the crowd up on their feet with all singing along with Rahman’s troupe of singers. “The concert began with a prayer for peace which was fitting since Rahman’s music symbolises light, beauty and peace for all those who hear it. His songs cut across languages and countries, only to bring everyone together,” said an excited Jill Sheldekar, a corporate trainer.

Popular singers Hariharan and Sadhana Sargam’s entry on the stage caught everyone by surprise as they immediately launched into the song ‘Roja Janeman’ from ‘Roja’ to the delight of everyone, as the crowd hummed along.

Singer Raja Hassan belted out the popular ‘Masakalli’ from ‘Delhi 6’ and ‘Guzarish’ from ‘Ghajini’ and he was accompanied well by a female singer from Rahman’s troupe.

But while ‘Masakalli’ had the crowd whistling along, it was Rahman’s ‘Dil Se,’ the title track from the film by the same name that had the entire crowd up and jumping on their feet. From his entry in a lift that looked like it was on fire, to his voice that reached a high few could dream of, Rahman did it all and elicited the loudest cheers of the evening. “I do not normally sing this song in shows, but I got too many e-mails asking for this particular song,” he said.

In between songs, Rahman also found time to converse with the audience, as he left the stage with the intention of ‘interviewing’ a few people. “I always get asked ‘Why’ and ‘What,’ etc, so now, I’m going to do the same,” he said, as everyone started jumping up and down to catch his attention. He finally spoke to a couple of people and then dedicated his next song ‘Jiya Se Jiya’ to them.

“We are enjoying every bit of the show. His entry was superb and so is the event. Also, the police is doing a great job,” said Amit Besetty, who was there with his group of friends.

It was not all music, and even the dancers in the troupe put up a splendid show. What was particularly eye-catching was a dance jugalbandi in martial arts style by two dancers. The other songs performed during the pulsating evening included ‘Ringa Ringa’ from ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ and ‘Genda Phool’ from ‘Delhi-6’.

Next up was the foursome of Rahman, Hariharan, Roopkumar Rathod and Rashid Ali as Rahman played the piano with the others singing some beautiful numbers. While Hariharan sang the soulful ‘Tu Hi Re’, Roopkumar Rathod followed with ‘Khamosh Raat’ and Rashid Ali with ‘Kahin Toh’. But, it was the patriotic ‘Sarfaroshi Ki Tamanna’ from ‘The Legend of Bhagat Singh’ and ‘Bharat Humko Jaan Se Pyara’ from ‘Roja’ that stole the heart of the audience. “These are two of my favourite songs,” Rahman told the audience.

“We think he is fantastic and being here is indeed a privilege. He’s ‘God’ and we have no words to express how we feel,” said friends Sujay Kulkarni and Manmohi Dake.

The evening drew to a close with the hits ‘Kabhi Kabhi Aditi’ (Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na) ‘Chupke Se’ (Saathiya), ‘Rehna Tu’ (Delhi-6) and ‘Mayya Mayya’ (Guru).

Later, the ‘Nightingale of India’ Lata Mangeshkar went to the stage and congratulated Rahman on his winning the Oscars. Lata, who spoke in Marathi, told the audience “Tyana Marathi samajat nahi (he does not understand Marathi), but Rahman sprang a surprise by saying, “But, I do!”

She also presented him a memento. City mayor Rajlaxmi Bhosale presented a shawl to Rahman as city MP Suresh Kalmadi also came on stage.

After that Benny Dayal and Neeti Mohan came on stage to sing ‘Kaise Mujhe’ from ‘Ghajini.’ Then it was again Rahman, along with Raja Hassan who presented two sufi songs ‘Khwaja Mere Khwaja’ from ‘Jodhaa Akbar’ and ‘Arziyaan’ from ‘Delhi 6.’

Rahman brought the audience on the feet when he came down the stage and mingled in the audience while singing ‘Hamma Hamma’ from ‘Bombay.’ He egged on the audience to sing along and his fans responded wholeheartedly.

As the show came to an end, Rahman sang ‘Jai Ho’ and ‘Vande Mataram’ as the stage bathed in tri-colour and the sky was lit with fireworks.

“I thank you for all the love. I had a great time and I hope to see you all next time,” said Rahman as he signed off.

littlemaster1982
1st June 2009, 06:54 PM
Pics of Pune Concert: 1 (http://i41.tinypic.com/cklya.jpg),2 (http://i40.tinypic.com/15rh5ci.jpg), 3 (http://i44.tinypic.com/2zgsxw1.jpg) & 4 (http://i44.tinypic.com/mud201.jpg).

A.ANAND
3rd June 2009, 12:37 PM
http://kiruthikan.blogspot.com/2009/06/blog-post.html

crajkumar_be
3rd June 2009, 04:14 PM
[tscii:ce1968a2be]"and followed it up with a Tamil track ‘Machan Machan’."
- idhu enna track??[/tscii:ce1968a2be]

littlemaster1982
3rd June 2009, 04:19 PM
[tscii:bd198dbb3d]"and followed it up with a Tamil track ‘Machan Machan’."
- idhu enna track??[/tscii:bd198dbb3d]

"Athiradikaran" - Sivaji. This track has become a regular in his concerts recently.

crajkumar_be
3rd June 2009, 04:27 PM
Oh, thanks LM. North Indies naansans. Tamil track na title kooda ozhunga poda maatraanunga :twisted:

I would love to see N.I's reaction to that song. 8 Red bull effect

littlemaster1982
3rd June 2009, 04:39 PM
Will post youtube clips when I get hold of them :)

dinesh2002
3rd June 2009, 05:11 PM
Oh, thanks LM. North Indies naansans. Tamil track na title kooda ozhunga poda maatraanunga :twisted:

cant blame them. Even the North Indians who are 'arrahman fans' are never exposed to his Southern songs. Paate teriyathe, yenge pere olanga ezhuthe pothenge.

A.ANAND
4th June 2009, 12:27 PM
http://epaper.hindustantimes.com//artMailDisp.aspx?article=03_06_2009_535_003&typ=1&pub=264

A.ANAND
4th June 2009, 12:31 PM
Rahman shares platform with Michelle Obama, Oprah for Time magazine event

By Subhash K. Jha, June 3, 2009 - 10:57 IST

Recently, when the Mozart of Madras was facilitated by Time magazine, the entire congregation of the 100 most influential people in the world got up and chanted, 'Jai Ho!'

Rahman admits dealing with the huge amount of attention after the Oscars has been an unnerving experience. "Yes, the Oscar changed my life. I can't even attend places of prayer without being recognized. Even when I'm at malls in the US, the kids freeze in recognition when they see me. I need to concentrate on my music. I'm not the kind of guy who can pull himself away from my music, attend functions, give interviews and get back to what I'm supposed to. It's like entering and leaving new cities."

The past one week has been a time of record-breaking travel for Rahman. "It's been a full rollercoaster ride for me in the past week...from New York to Dubai to Calicut, Pune, Mumbai, Delhi , Chennai....everyday, I've been in two cities...can't be helped. Everywhere, they want to felicitate me and I can't say no. How can I? Everyone was excited about my Oscar and wanted to share their excitement with me. However, I'm slowly getting back to normal now," says Rahman blocking himself from the Oscar euphoria to focus on his current work.

Being voted one among the 100 most influential people by Time magazine has also made a huge difference to Rahman's fame. "At the function, I was on the same table as Michelle Obama, Oprah Winfrey and the CEO of 'Time' magazine, and when I went up to stage, a chant of 'Jai Ho! ' went up in the house."

Says Rahman, "The impact of the Slumdog Millionaire has been tremendous. The western perception of third-world countries has changed. Earlier when some of the most talented musicians of Asia would approach western companies, they'd encounter stumbling blocks. Today that has changed. The West is ready to listen to us."

Rahman has changed the way the West looks at Indian music. Ironically, the Oscar has also changed his own life beyond recognition. He admits that he is not able to spend time with his children. "Luckily, all three of my children are into music. So my kids and I are on the same wave-length. My wife dreamt of walking the red carpet with me to the Oscars. She can now dream of walking to the Oscars with our children."

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2009/06/03/12950/

dinesh2002
4th June 2009, 03:22 PM
http://epaper.hindustantimes.com//artMailDisp.aspx?article=03_06_2009_535_003&typ=1&pub=264

here starts our sacrifices !! :cry:

hope things will work out ! was seriously waiting for this combo after such a long time :?

A.ANAND
5th June 2009, 11:26 AM
Jai Ho IN HIPHOP (Slum dogs) - Roach Killa, Blitzkrieg, Parichay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doyqln6QDek

Guess_Me
5th June 2009, 12:44 PM
A R Rahman's biography out on June 10

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/2241/60830743.jpg

Penguin India today said it will publish a biography on music composer AR Rahman titled A R Rahman: The Musical Storm on June 10.

This is the first authorised biography of Rahman to have been written by Chennai-based Kamini Mathai. The book talks about the death of Rahman's father RK Sekhar when Rahman was nine; his efforts as a teenager to keep the family afloat by playing sessions, missing schools; his reasons for embracing Islam and turning to Sufism; his discovery by Mani Ratnam and his subsequent ascent to fame, Penguin said in a release.

Earlier this year, Rahman created history by becoming the first Indian musician to win an Oscar.

A R Rahman: The Musical Storm is priced at Rs 499.

jaaze
5th June 2009, 01:59 PM

cant blame them. Even the North Indians who are 'arrahman fans' are never exposed to his Southern songs. Paate teriyathe, yenge pere olanga ezhuthe pothenge.nalla velai not malays.. macam macam nu sollirpaanunga :lol:

thineshan54321
5th June 2009, 07:50 PM
urgent request for jeans theme in the highest quality possible. i need it soon. someone help. will take any quality.

littlemaster1982
5th June 2009, 08:07 PM
Thineshan,

Check this (http://rapidshare.com/files/67568001/Jeans_Theme.mp3) out.

dinesh2002
5th June 2009, 08:13 PM

cant blame them. Even the North Indians who are 'arrahman fans' are never exposed to his Southern songs. Paate teriyathe, yenge pere olanga ezhuthe pothenge.nalla velai not malays.. macam macam nu sollirpaanunga :lol:

Athengelauchum " Lagu Tamil bes " ne sollirekunge. :lol:

thineshan54321
5th June 2009, 08:25 PM
thx littlemaster and dinesh. u guys r great. ill choose the better quality amongst this. thx again.

Mahen
6th June 2009, 08:27 PM
Trailer of Shekar's PAssage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsT-npSTEOQ&feature=related

jaaze
7th June 2009, 10:31 PM
Met The GOD OF MUSIC //posted in orkut//

Hi ppl this is faheed, a hardcore Vijay fan.. I met The God Of Music yesterday,june 5 ,2009... Pl don think its not necessary to post ths in Vijay community, am here to share my experience with my frnds n am gonna tell about something related to vijay... pl don think tat am posting it unnecessarily or jus 4 publicity... actually i went around 11 o clock in d mornin to ARR sir's place n was waiting till 4.10 for him to return as he had went out.. by 4.15 myself n my frnds were about to leave the place ,felt really disappointed but my frnd knows ARR.. he suddenly shouted machaan he s cumin.. we saw The GOd cmoin in a white swift, in a very simple manner.. we were standin outside the gate with d banners in our hand.. he saw us.. many ppl were waitin but oly v 5 guys were allowed inside.. thy took us inside a ac hall where thy ve kept the keyboard(d first ever keyboard he used for the tunes of roja), and some 150 awarsd were kept in his shelf including the two oscars(though not very sure abt d number of awards)... v were waitin till ARR cam.. v were given hot coffee n i ve never seen such hospitality in my entire life.. then the GOD OF MUSIC came n wen v were stunned, v were not able to utter a word(though i was prepared to ask him to compose songs like Ellapughazhum again as its my all time fav).. he came n he himself shook our hands.. then i got blessings from him n he left d place as he had some meeting.. such a humble personality..

btw the thing abt vijay s tat wen v had seated ourselves comfortably in sofa, v were just having a look at d place thr.. There was a big cup which had d digital photo print of VIJAY with ARR sir.. being a vijay fan i was thrilled n excited to c tat... not even a single celebrtity's foto was thr apart from our thalaivar vijay's foto... yest was one of d most happiest days in my life...:)

check out the photos wth arr

http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAElk_c2TJTtO3GNckVq2Uf61rl2O0FH5hUCYNsKeHVq3nQ ZTi9q-3DzhgvzZI--sQonf5Ug-EI3Z7vM4CcJgVVgAm1T1UFqAMFozU7Aww06h0RMqfkLKF68-.jpg

http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAFETnw4_sfNuWl20gbDUzRHKGnJPSRSyb8k3nB528e-M-dl42uLUXv6thgpCzvCv58kUrntctu9f_1UPLU1K6aAAm1T1UIw AGzLcfoIvXLy7zczKe82Nkffv.jpg

http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAO6UmbanYLPjmSL23Iy2ElnkqA6XsFxbwE5Dkk-aXITUceUFTtEK0nmaIMdftcWGzhx75xON2VK0TDx0R0rpkx4Am 1T1UF1l83Y5lqSVQ-vzYRnDlrwDr1q5.jpg

http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAKHO7PNsbFCE2xnH_T11hTNYpQR49vscyiQCeMNHzHn2Ct MGO43rl_wO4yrbdAn1XdQTrgxf3rnnd2f4wlWHMfkAm1T1UKP0 W0sdsCD2vniVouR1bdowRex_.jpg

http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#AlbumZoom.aspx?uid=8554417319024548731&pid=1244218793880&aid=1244192512$pid=1244218515972

http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#AlbumZoom.aspx?uid=8554417319024548731&pid=1244218793880&aid=1244192512$pid=1244218463890

http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#AlbumZoom.aspx?uid=8554417319024548731&pid=1244218793880&aid=1244192512$pid=1244218418452

http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAD3YwQHKArt4UddaP3_Vjv3BpRpe_eorsZsnF9saddzDeQ Z4RZ6Pr0qHXvIe4emzu4CmfZWPV5SH2Is8Ew9b1EIAm1T1UDpo 34utjDgAwIZueG5_WSII73aH.jpg

http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAP8TmvkLisUHgrjPqVayOtV740F6e4SYl8Pre9JJ3emSvp u3jXg_oLfT-0tUq0CPlDS7EkiULPTBjGYa2vFOarMAm1T1UEpBvMWvueb6nqe ptZC-A2Kgj151.jpg

http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAP-DEj2L__yfyLr1rFFpmu0s35-BSrmAUV40ax99Kpb7mkFknJFDMmyM0qbcKynemQwSEG5YhYmMx 9tR6JwdptwAm1T1UKU3ZtGDbF_VipyM9_KoMrG0Um3X.jpg

source : orkut

Yathu
8th June 2009, 02:03 AM
Lucky guys!

"Two mins of your time will fulfill a dream of our lifetime." :thumbsup:

"Rah-man, for us you are Rah-God" :? Not sure about this one.

A.ANAND
8th June 2009, 07:27 AM
Honorary doctorate for Rahman

http://www.ndtv.com/news/videos/video_player.php?id=1119883

A.ANAND
9th June 2009, 06:58 AM
Annual Convocation at Aligarh Muslim University

http://nvonews.com/2009/06/07/annual-convocation-at-aligarh-muslim-university/

A.ANAND
9th June 2009, 07:00 AM
AMU confers honorary doctorate on ARR
IndiaGlitz [Monday, June 08, 2009]

Oscar award winner, Music wizard A.R.Rahman was conferred honorary doctorate by Aligarh Muslim University on Sunday. This degree was given for his contribution in the field of art and music.

Rahman was honored with noted Urdu scholar Gopi Chand Narang at the 59th Convacation this historic institution.

Overwhelmed to have joined the likes of former Presidents of India, Mr.Zahir Hussain, Mr.APJ Abdhul Kalam and Freedom fighter Khan Abdhul Gaffar Khan are the receipents of earlier days. Rahman urged Indian youth to work towards building a strong and harmonious India.

Crediting his success to Indian traditions, Rahman said, it is only with these values that my success has been realized.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/47462.html

A.ANAND
9th June 2009, 07:07 AM
Rahman's biography releases on June 10

Press Trust Of India
June 06, 2009
First Published: 12:52 IST(6/6/2009)
Last Updated: 15:41 IST(8/6/2009)

Penguin India on Friday said it will publish a biography on music composer AR Rahman titled AR Rahman: The Musical Storm on June 10.

This is the first authorised biography of Rahman to have been written by Chennai-based Kamini Mathai.

The book talks about the death of Rahman's father RK Sekhar when Rahman was nine; his efforts as a teenager to keep the family afloat by playing sessions, missing schools; his reasons for embracing Islam and turning to Sufism; his discovery by Mani Ratnam and his subsequent ascent to fame, Penguin said in a release.

Earlier this year, Rahman created history by becoming the first Indian musician to win an Oscar.

A R Rahman: The Musical Storm is priced at Rs 499.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?id=311e8e8a-741a-4753-bdc8-bd23e58e43d5

A.ANAND
10th June 2009, 06:31 PM
[tscii:b44f390cb1]Cashing in on Rahman's fame?
10 Jun 2009, 1240 hrs IST, MUMBAI MIRROR

The much-hyped ‘authorised biography’ on AR Rahman titled AR Rahman: The Musical Storm has hit a sour note even before its release.

The book by Kamini Mathai has been widely hyped and marketed as the ‘first authorised biography’ on the ‘Mozart of Madras.’

However, the desi Mozart is neither flattered nor amused. He very clearly states that there’s nothing authorised about it. Says Rahman, “The claim that it’s an authorised biography is wrong.”

According to sources close to Rahman, the musician is not amused by various attempts to cash in on his global fame.

Says a close friend of Rahman, “Though Rahman is oblivious to the outside world and doesn’t understand the commercial aspects of his superstardom, he isn’t oblivious to the ‘Cash in on Rahman’ factory that flourishes far and wide.”

As far as a biography is concerned, Rahman plans to write his own story. So the question of authorising a biography doesn’t arise. And that is that.

[/tscii:b44f390cb1]

A.ANAND
10th June 2009, 06:38 PM
[tscii:c29bb2493e]AR Rahman slams the writer of his unauthorised biography
Spicezee Bureau

Mumbai, June 10: Success comes at a price and it seems, to have cost AR Rahman his much-treasured privacy. The Mozart of Madras, who has the world grooving to his winning anthem ‘Jai Ho’ from Oscar favourite ‘Slumdog Millionaire’, is a peeved man these days and it’s all owing to the unending media glare and notorious individuals trying to cash on the reticent musicians’ success.

After several political parties used or rather abused his creation ‘Jai ho’ for their own political vendetta, it’s the musician’s much anticipated ‘authorised biography’ that is giving him sleepless nights.

The book titled ‘AR Rahman: The Musical Storm’ had been widely publicised as the singer’s biography and has made numerous headlines for being the singer’s only biography till date. But according to Rahman, the so-called ‘authorised biography’ is completely unauthorised as the writer Kamini Mathai has not received his consent.

Speaking to media a visibly piqued Rahman said, “The claim that it’s an authorised biography is wrong."

The singer is reportedly not amused by this cheap stunt used by the involved individuals to capitalise on his success.

A news daily even quoted a source as saying, “Though Rahman is oblivious to the outside world and doesn’t understand the commercial aspects of his superstardom, he isn’t oblivious to the ‘Cash in on Rahman’ factory that flourishes far and wide.”

And for a maestro, who is known for his originality, Rahman will be writing his own biography thereby, giving a first hand account of his life.

Now, that’s a read we are all looking forward too.

http://spicezee.zeenews.com/articles/story32208.htm[/tscii:c29bb2493e]

jaaze
10th June 2009, 09:08 PM
oh dear :|

Yathu
11th June 2009, 03:59 PM
An authorised biography is going to be released in 2010 by author and documentary film-maker Nasreen Muni Kabir.

I'll probably read both, if they become available here. I put my faith in Amazon or eBay. :D

jaaze
11th June 2009, 08:23 PM
It is good not to support the "unauthorised" one if it disturbs our ARR.

Kumarappa
12th June 2009, 09:44 PM

[...]Best Music

A R Rahman - Jodhaa Akbar
A.R.Rahman- Ghajini
Pritam - Race
Vishal Shekhar - Dostana[...]

http://sify.com/movies/fullstory.php?id=14884456

jaaze
13th June 2009, 11:50 AM
It is good not to support the "unauthorised" one if it disturbs our ARR.Okay I disagree with what I said earlier
Though it is "unauthorised", ARR has given interviews to the author and it seems the author has gone through great lengths to make it an informative read.

ARR knows about the "unauthorised" biography from start and he is not disturbed by it. So perhaps if you get a chance, you may get a copy :)

http://movies.rediff.com/slide-show/2009/jun/09/slide-show-1--ar-rahman-as-you-did-not-know-him.htm

dinesh2002
13th June 2009, 02:31 PM

[...]Best Music

A R Rahman - Jodhaa Akbar
A.R.Rahman- Ghajini
Pritam - Race
Vishal Shekhar - Dostana[...]

http://sify.com/movies/fullstory.php?id=14884456

Why isnt Rahman beeing nominated for Yuvvraaj... i think the songs in Yuvvraaj is the best among all this releases last year, isnt it?? dun think any song is as good as Tu Muskura and Man Mohini ! :x

Yathu
13th June 2009, 03:50 PM
I hope JA gets the award. I'd put that album at the top of my list! Tu Muskura is definitely a masterpiece, but I enjoyed JA more as an album. Maybe its just my preference for the more organic/ traditional sound of the album.

ajaybaskar
14th June 2009, 08:50 AM
Rahman wins best music and best bgm awards for JA....

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/Gowarikars-Jodhaa-Akbar-sweeps-IIFA-awards-/articleshow/4654151.cms

Kumarappa
14th June 2009, 11:33 AM
Rahman wins best music and best bgm awards for JA....

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/Gowarikars-Jodhaa-Akbar-sweeps-IIFA-awards-/articleshow/4654151.cms

+ Music Director of the Decade!

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/features/2009/06/13/5236/index.html

Yathu
15th June 2009, 03:25 AM
Great! Congrats to the JA team & the music director of the decade! :D

A.ANAND
15th June 2009, 12:45 PM
[tscii:6fde379d8c]Sivamani, Bollywood bound?
15 Jun 2009, 0000 hrs IST, SINDHU VIJAYAKUMAR, TNN

Sivamani is back to work after cheering the Chennai Super Kings in South Africa. But is he not watching the T-20 cricket world cup?

“I am missing cricket,” he says, but then, he quickly switches to a philosophical mode and adds, “It’s like music. If you keep listening to it non-stop, you will not enjoy it. You need to give it a break and then continue to absorb its beauty and essence. Similarly, after the hectic South African schedule, I’ve decided to give cricket a break and am now busy with music.”

After the success of his album Mahaleela, he is busy working on Mahaleela-II. “It’s again very personal. This time, I have incorporated what I couldn’t in my first album. The recording at Rajasthan palace will be the highlight. I am proceeding to Manasarovar to do some recordings there too,” he muses.

He’s also working with AR Rahman in his Hollywood project. But Sivamani regrets that he could not be present at the Oscar ceremony. “I had a show for Shivarathri at the Mookambika temple and was praying for Rahman. The next morning, it was a double treat for me. My sister called me to inform that Rahman had won the Oscars and that the Tamil Nadu government was to confer the Kalaimamani title on me,” he recalls.

When I could not attend his post-Oscar show in Kerala, Rahman sent me a message saying ‘Don’t ditch me next time.’

Sivamani says that he will be joining Rahman in the shows that are to be held at Dubai, Kolkata and Chennai.
Known for his ability to innovate, he says, “I am busy rehearsing with my boys, especially for the show.”
Having achieved so much, what’s he looking forward to? “I am trying my hands at music direction in Bollywood. I’ll soon have an announcement to make,” he smiles.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Potpourri/Sivamani-Bollywood-bound/articleshow/4654605.cms
[/tscii:6fde379d8c]

A.ANAND
17th June 2009, 02:05 PM
When A R Rahman almost became a driver

http://movies.rediff.com/slide-show/2009/jun//16/slide-show-1-excerpts-from-book.htm

jaaze
17th June 2009, 07:33 PM
***Clips of Jai Ho performance during PCD concert live in Singapore Indoor Stadium***

Clips with various qualities..
This was the climax of the show and look at the audience responce of the 8000 strong crowd (the same number also turned up for the ARR concert back in 2005 which was similarly a sellout! ..)

ARR is in the clips too :P (ARR varumbothellam bright light pottu glare adikkiraanga :argh: :x )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjcTWmSVvrk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz6m8WCqOKM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poxNJLP8bqk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fhtCwy_g2U

A.ANAND
19th June 2009, 06:37 AM
[tscii:9d91b377b6]Rahman to be present at Micheal Jackson's last!

By Behindwoods Visitor Gautham Daamodhar

The views expressed in this column is that of the visitor. Behindwoods.com doesn't hold responsible for its content.

Everybody interested in Tamil cinema are talking about the serious drought in the number of hits, super hits and blockbusters. They are talking about the audiences changing, poor quality of films, reckless film making techniques, recession and stuff. Well, I would say just leave Kollywood and Bollywood and even Hollywood for that matter. There is one extremely interesting and extravagant event ever to be hosted in the ‘World Historical Calendar’ and in the ‘History of World Music’. A concert tour that is worth around 10000 crores! One world, One legend, One Genius, One Pop Icon, 22 Grammy's, Highest

sold single and double disc album in the history of world music, 8 multi platinum albums, 50 shows, 90000 spectators per show. England welcomes the King of Pop - Michael Jackson for his last and final Stage performance at the Millennium dome O2 arena in London.

Known as MJ or wacko Jacko, he plans to release his final album "This Is It" at the Millennium dome arena. MJ's comeback is under extreme conditions where he has 100 million USD debts, battling skin cancer, and various other odds. Madonna, Britney Spears, Akon, Fergie, Kanye West, William Black eyed Peas, Coldplay artists are all expected to join the King Of Pop on stage. Once the shows were announced, 7 million tickets were sold online within a record breaking 4 hours making it the "fastest ticket selling concert" in the history of world cinema. A.R.Rahman himself is to watch the King of Pop perform live on stage at the O2. With over 5000 crore pieces of his album sold all over the world in over 200 languages, he becomes the 3rd artist after BEATLES and ELVIS PRESLEY to achieve this distinction. The show is sponsored by AEG live and is turning out to be the biggest grosser in the history of world concerts. Britain's Prime Minister and US President Barrack Obama are expected to watch the KING in action at the O2 arena. Once the shows were announced, The re-release sales of his 1983 release Thriller and 1996 release HISTORY albums raced ahead of Madonna's platinum album HARD CANDY and Britney's latest platinum record CIRCUS stunning the world and the International Music Industry. As quoted by Britney, "He is the only artist in the world capable of pulling off something like that." MJ's last concert was for the WORLD HISTORY TOUR in 1997. After which he was plagued by Child Abuse Allegations that were proven false and he was declared innocent in 2006. Celebrating the 25 years of Thriller Era, an album appreciating his efforts have been released called KING OF POP which is the remixes of his latest hits by Akon, Fergie, Kanye west.

MJ desperately in need of money is performing for the final time where he is expected to earn around 50 million pounds per show. He said he would donate the final leg of his money to the "HEAL THE WORLD FOUNDATION" started by him for educating orphans, kids and destitutes. As the world watches in awe for the final time at the KING OF POP for his lightning fast dance steps, amazingly gifted vocal actions, and a screen cum stage presence not surpassed by any artist so far, tune into your TV sets to watch him and his achievements in action for the final time.

Thanks,

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/visitors-1/rahman-18-06-09.html
[/tscii:9d91b377b6]

jaaze
19th June 2009, 01:54 PM
I hope he gets onto the stage atleast. He had worked with MJ anyway. :?

Yathu
19th June 2009, 02:00 PM
I hope he gets onto the stage atleast. He had worked with MJ anyway. :?

I think he's just going to be a spectator, like the many other celebrities that may have got a ticket.

jaaze
24th June 2009, 02:35 PM
[tscii:e820ff4f9f]
Universal Music Publishing Group Signs Exclusive World-Wide Deal With ACADEMY AWARD® WINNING COMPOSER/PRODUCER/ARTIST A.R. Rahman
23rd June, 2009

Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) today announced the signing of an exclusive world-wide publishing agreement with Oscar®-winning composer and internationally renowned musician A.R. Rahman. Included in the deal is “Jai Ho (You Are My Destiny),” which won “Best Original Song” at this year’s Academy Awards® as well as the Oscar®-winning score from “Slumdog Millionaire,” and its corresponding soundtrack and soundtrack album.

“I’m excited to be working with Universal,” said AR Rahman. “I’m looking forward to the opportunity to bring my catalog, as well as new music, to an audience that has welcomed me with open arms”

A.R. Rahman captured the international spotlight after winning two Academy Awards® for ‘Best Original Score’ for his work on Slumdog Millionaire and ‘Best Original Song’ for “Jai Ho” (Music by Rahman, Lyrics by Gulzar). The Pussycat Dolls’ also released a modified version of the song with English lyrics, featuring UMPG’s Nicole Scherzinger and the single topped the global pop charts.

David Renzer, Chairman and CEO of Universal Music Publishing Group commented, “After seeing ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ I was thrilled not only to discover that A.R was available, but he had also managed to retain all the publishing rights to the score! The fact that AR has scored music for over 100 films, sold more than 100 million records, is one the world’s top selling recording artists, and has collaborated with the likes of Andrew Lloyd Webber and others, was icing on the cake. We are looking forward to working closely with his manager Sam Schwartz, and are thrilled to welcome such an accomplished artist to the UMPG family.” Schwartz added that, ““This is an invaluable new partnership for AR, who is one of the world’s most accomplished musicians. His impressive body of work now has the potential to reach an even broader audience through this relationship with Universal.”

The signing also includes a production music component. Rahman will create an exclusive five CD production music series for Universal Publishing Production Music (UPPM), the world’s leading production music library provider and a division of UMPG. The company's catalogues include Atmosphere, Bruton, and Chappell from the U.K, Chronic Trax, EVO, FirstCom, Killer Tracks, MasterSource, Network Music, OneMusic, Galerie and Koka Media from France, Match Music from Sweden, UBM from Germany, RCAL from Italy, and Vitamin A from Australia. UPPM has production music library operations in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Benelux, Hungary, Italy, Scandinavia, South Africa, Australia, Spain, Greece, Turkey and throughout Asia.

Born in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, Allah Rakha Rahman has collaborated with several musicians, directors, and artists spanning both genre and culture boundaries including musician David Byrne (of Talking Heads), composer Andrew Loyd Webber (Broadway’s Bombay Dreams), and acclaimed director Shekhar Kapur, (Elizabeth: the Golden Age.) Time magazine referred to Rahman as the “Mozart of Madras” and placed him on the 2009 TIME 100 which profiles the world’s most influential people. Rahman is also listed in the current issue of Fast Company Magazine’s 100 Most Creative People in Business . In 2005, his soundtrack for the Hindi film Roja was listed in Time’s “10 Best Soundtracks” of all time.

Rahman is also planning on releasing his own album through Interscope Records in the future. He is managed by Sam Schwartz, of Gorfaine/ Schwartz Management.

Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is the industry's leading global music publishing operation and is part of Universal Music Group. UMPG represents music in every genre from many of the world’s top songwriters and catalogs including U2, Elton John, Bernie Taupin, 50 Cent, Mariah Carey, R. Kelly, Coldplay, Nelly, Juan Gabriel, Ciara, Dave Grohl, Prince, Justin Timberlake, Maroon 5, Britney Spears, Beastie Boys, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, Gloria and Emilio Estefan, Paul Simon, Henry Mancini, Christina Aguilera and Linkin Park, among many others. UMPG is also a global leader in the areas of Production Music, Christian and Classical Music.

For more information, visit: www.umusicpub.com.

http://www.arrahman.com/v2/news/news-164.html[/tscii:e820ff4f9f]

Dragun
25th June 2009, 03:16 AM
Wow, that's huge! Universal released Pray For Me Brother in India a few years back.

jabarullah
26th June 2009, 06:05 AM
MJ died due to skin cancer...

jaaze
26th June 2009, 06:30 AM
Singer Michael Jackson dies in Los Angeles aged 50

Michael Jackson, the singer, has died after suffering a suspected heart attack. He was 50.

The Los Angeles coroner, Fred Corral, said that Jackson was pronounced dead after arriving at UCLA Medical Centre in full cardiac arrest. A post mortem examination is likely to take place today.

Paramedics who responded to an emergency call to the singer's home in Los Angeles said that he had stopped breathing by the time they arrived.

Related Articles
Michael Jackson: a career in numbers
Peter Pan of pop a constant source of fascination
Michael Jackson: key facts about the singer's life
Michael Jackson: a life of highs and lows
Michael Jackson dies aged 50
Lisa Marie Presley forced to reveal pregnancySources at the UCLA Medical Centre said that the self-styled "King of Pop" did not come out of a coma and died.

Jackson's mother Katherine and sister La Toya had rushed to the singer's bedside at the hospital, while hundreds of tearful fans gathered outside.

Earlier, the singer's father Joe said that he had been told his son was "in a bad way".

Jackson is widely credited with revolutionising pop music with albums including Thriller, Bad and Dangerous but his career was tainted with allegations of child abuse.

He was due to perform a highly anticipated 50-date "farewell" residency at the O2 Arena in Greenwich, south-east London, starting next month. Fears for his health emerged after he postponed the earliest dates, and his aides were forced to deny that he was fighting skin cancer.

Jackson lived as a virtual recluse following his 2005 acquittal on charges including child molestation and kidnap.

While lauded by fans and critics for his infectious pop songs, pioneering dance moves and innovative videos, his increasingly eccentric behaviour earned him the nickname "Wacko Jacko".

He repeatedly denied undergoing cosmetic surgery, despite very visible changes to his face and skin tone, and was criticised for forcing his three children to wear veils whenever they were in public.

Last night leading figures in the entertainment industry expressed their shock at news of his sudden death, which was broken on the US celebrity website TMZ.

Quincy Jones, the music producer who worked with Jackson on Thriller, said: "I am absolutely devastated at this tragic and unexpected news."

Paying tribute to the singer's "talent, grace, professionalism and dedication", he added: "I've lost my little brother today, and part of my soul has gone with him."

Jackson's friend, the illusionist Uri Geller, said there had been no indication that the singer was in a frail condition. "I really have no words. He was a young and terribly fit man and he was getting ready for performances in England. He was just fine, the last I heard."

There was speculation that the pressure of his upcoming London dates may have been too much for him. Jackson last toured 12 years ago.

AEG Live, which organised the O2 concerts, said Jackson had passed a lengthy physical exam in early 2009.

But Max Clifford, the publicist and friend of Jackson, said: "You wonder if the strain of getting fit for this major tour proved too much. In recent pictures he looked anything but healthy. He was always someone who seemed to find it difficult to cope with fame."

Born in 1958, Jackson made his musical debut with four of his older brothers in the Jackson Five before embarking on a solo career.

His 1982 album Thriller - which included the hits Beat It, Billie Jean and Thriller - is still the best-selling album of all time, with more than 26?million copies sold. His lifetime sales tally is estimated at 750?million.

In 1994, he married Lisa Marie Presley, the 26-year-old daughter of Elvis Presley. The couple separated two years later and Jackson later married Debbie Rowe, a 37-year-old nurse he met while undergoing plastic surgery in 1997. They had two children, Prince Michael and Paris Michael Katherine, before divorcing in 1999.

Jackson had custody of the two children and of a third, Prince Michael II, whose mother's name has never been made public.

May his soul RIP :|

jaaze
26th June 2009, 02:49 PM
[tscii:615658d138]A.R. Rahman issues statement on Michael Jackson's death.
25th June, 2009

I am shocked at the untimely passing away of Michael Jackson, one of the greatest musicians of our time.

MJ, for most of our generation was an icon who made uncompromising music. He pushed the milestone of Pop music to unbelievable levels through the 80s and 90s. I am yet to find an artist with that energy, perfection and vision.

I met him personally after the Oscars in Los Angeles and we vibed very well. He said that he loved India and the Indian people. He said he heard good things about me and he was praising the chord progression of Jai Ho's chorus. He was bursting with energy and told me that every dance move he did,came from his soul and did a five second stunning example. It was like a lightning strike :)

He was concerned about developmental issues such as Global Warming and about wars and its damages to the human community. He asked me to compose a unity anthem on the likes of "We are the World " for him. I nodded in awe ...!

He introduced me to his three lovely bright kids. The kids told him "I love you dad" and he replied “I love you more” as a proud father.
I wished him well for his concerts and he said “God Bless you”.

After hearing the shocking news I wished it was another rumor which would fade away soon. It took me time to believe that he is no more.

I remember, my late sound engineer Sridhar had brought me a video of the premiere of "Remember the Time" when I was recording "Kadal Rojave" for my first movie Roja. Seeing it inspired all of us that afternoon.

Now, there is no Sridhar and no Jackson anymore. I hope all of us value people's existence more and respect them when they are alive.

LIFE IS SHORT...! Artists and their art live for ever. Jai Ho, MJ !
We love you for your music, regardless of all the controversies!

A.R. Rahman
25 June, 2009.[/tscii:615658d138]

A.ANAND
26th June 2009, 06:03 PM
[tscii:f135750a65]'The 19th Step' shelved?
26 Jun 2009, 0000 hrs IST, Sreedhar Pillai, TNN

Print Email Discuss Share Save Comment Text:

The grapevine is abuzz that The 19th Step featuring Japanese superstar Tadanobu Asano, Kamal Haasan and Asin, directed by Bharat Bala and produced Asin
in association with Walt Disney productions has been tentatively put on the backburner.

There is nothing official about it as the producers, the director and the stars have never held a press conference or made an announcement officially in the media about this project.

Yet, The 19th Step was all over the media — about Asin learning Kalaripayattu, the martial art of Kerala in Thiruvananthapuram, Tadanobu Asano spending time in Chennai going through the costumes made for the film and a photo shoot with the lead actors which never took place. However, director Bharat Bala, who was doing intense research on the subject along with the film’s writer M T Vasudevan Nair, kept a studied silence on the matter.
Now, our sources in the industry have confirmed that the film has been put on hold. A source close to the development told CT, “Yes, the film has been tentatively put on hold, due to creative differences over the script between the director and one of the actors. There will not be any media briefing as the producer and the director have never officially announced the project.”

The rumour mill has it that Kamal Haasan has declined the project due to various reasons. To be fair to Kamal, the actor has never said that he is a part of this project, as his forthcoming Unnaipol Oruvan was always the focus of his interest.
Meanwhile, the latest we hear is that Vikram has been approached for the film by the director. A few days back, a meeting did take place between Vikram and Bharat Bala, where they discussed the issue of the star stepping in for the project and giving priority ‘tatkal dates’ as the shooting of the film was to start in the middle of August in Mongolia.

Vikram had heard the script from M T Vasudevan Nair a few years back, and was initially very keen to do the role of the ‘Asan’ or guru, who teaches Asin, a princess, the art of Kalaripayattu. The star was offered a price that was almost twice what he gets for doing a Tamil film. The film would have been his big ticket to international cinema as Walt Disney were the co-producers.

As per our sources, Vikram is walking a tightrope over his earlier commitments. Mani Ratnam’s Raavan has been delayed, and it looks like a good chunk of the film is being re-shot after Santosh Sivan replaced Manikandan as the cameraman. Vikram has to immediately start work on producer Mohan Natarajan’s film with KS Ravikumar as the director, a project he had signed more than two years back. He also has another long-pending commitment with director Selva Raghavan and producer Ramesh to do a film. Till he completes these films, it looks like Hollywood has to wait!

[/tscii:f135750a65]

music man
2nd July 2009, 10:06 PM
Friends!!!

For a very long time I was thinking to write something about our A.R.Rahman and his impact before and after 2001 and here it is:

http://musically-marx.blogspot.com/

Ur valuable feedback most welcome

dinesh2002
3rd July 2009, 09:13 AM
Friends!!!

For a very long time I was thinking to write something about our A.R.Rahman and his impact before and after 2001 and here it is:

u just spoke my mind man!! seriously!! it was what in my heart u wrote!! hats off to u!! im really glad some1 else too felt the same.... thanks!! ill post this link in ARR YG so that ARR will get a chance to read it. Or perhaps u should do the honors there. Please make this reach to ARR. :)

music man
3rd July 2009, 11:09 AM
Friends!!!

u just spoke my mind man!! seriously!! it was what in my heart u wrote!! hats off to u!! im really glad some1 else too felt the same.... thanks!! ill post this link in ARR YG so that ARR will get a chance to read it. Or perhaps u should do the honors there. Please make this reach to ARR. :)

Hi Dinesh!! Thanks a lot for ur feedback and for posting it in ur blog. I was thinking about this for many years and i finally decided to write it thro my blog. I am glad atleast one had read it.I am not a member of ARR YG. I will join there. I am in my office now and it is blocked here. Can you do me a favour??Can you kindly post it on my behalf on ARR YG? Please..

Thanks in advance

MADDY
3rd July 2009, 11:24 AM
music man - heres what i wrote on ur blog - this is not jsut for you but to all other thalaivar fans who want him to "go back" to 90's......please let him "move forward" to 2010's.....

dont get me wrong but this statement irks me as thalaivar's fan - "We want some cool dance numbers, may be we need an other MAY MADHAM, KADHALAN or a THIRUDA THIRUDA or atleast a LOVE BIRDS" - so you want rahman to entertain you always?? is he some sort of joker to keep everyone amused all the time........in 90's, his music was new fresh and vibrant - which amused us automatically....but his compositions post 2000 are mature and its like musical enlightment....tell me, if rahman keeps composing love birds and may madham, what would be the difference between him and HJ?? should he be one amongst the crowd - keep dishing pop numbers so that we can dance at home/disco? if you are not happy with yuvvraaj or kangalal kaidhu sei, then i dont think even mozart can make you happy.......

btw, ur analysis doesent consider hindi albums - which is not a correct picture.....he spent most of his time in hindi and made timeless classics......you attribute going to west and his lack of interest towards TFM as reason for less movies in tamil......ok, tell me which director deserves ARR in tamil??? slapping rahman physically is better than giving him a project like sakkrakatti.....bala is by far the best director in tamil after maniratnam's exit - he doesent prefer ARR......aamir, gautam, selvaraghavan - are next hopes - how many of them are with rahman.......i ask "give me 5 good reasong why rahman should work in tamil"

slumdog - average composition-a - god bless you.....currently listening to innisai (varalaaru - mahathi/saindhavi version) - i dont think rahman could have composed this in 90s.......please empathise with rahman a bit - he has to explore new territories and spread the unconventional way of music throughout the world.....he has to make history in world music and not compete with HJ and YSR forever......

all points above are IMO.....

music man
3rd July 2009, 12:15 PM
music man - heres what i wrote on ur blog - this is not jsut for you but to all other thalaivar fans who want him to "go back" to 90's......please let him "move forward" to 2010's.....

dont get me wrong but this statement irks me as thalaivar's fan - "We want some cool dance numbers, may be we need an other MAY MADHAM, KADHALAN or a THIRUDA THIRUDA or atleast a LOVE BIRDS" - so you want rahman to entertain you always?? is he some sort of joker to keep everyone amused all the time........in 90's, his music was new fresh and vibrant - which amused us automatically....but his compositions post 2000 are mature and its like musical enlightment....tell me, if rahman keeps composing love birds and may madham, what would be the difference between him and HJ?? should he be one amongst the crowd - keep dishing pop numbers so that we can dance at home/disco? if you are not happy with yuvvraaj or kangalal kaidhu sei, then i dont think even mozart can make you happy.......

btw, ur analysis doesent consider hindi albums - which is not a correct picture.....he spent most of his time in hindi and made timeless classics......you attribute going to west and his lack of interest towards TFM as reason for less movies in tamil......ok, tell me which director deserves ARR in tamil??? slapping rahman physically is better than giving him a project like sakkrakatti.....bala is by far the best director in tamil after maniratnam's exit - he doesent prefer ARR......aamir, gautam, selvaraghavan - are next hopes - how many of them are with rahman.......i ask "give me 5 good reasong why rahman should work in tamil"

slumdog - average composition-a - god bless you.....currently listening to innisai (varalaaru - mahathi/saindhavi version) - i dont think rahman could have composed this in 90s.......please empathise with rahman a bit - he has to explore new territories and spread the unconventional way of music throughout the world.....he has to make history in world music and not compete with HJ and YSR forever......

all points above are IMO.....

Maddy!! Good to see your feedback. Yes you are also right. I never said Rahman should go back to early 90's but i only tried to say that we need an album (atleast one album) like MAY MADHAM, KADHALAN or a THIRUDA THIRUDA or atleast a LOVE BIRDS".

In my blog, I have never said his compositions are sub standard or weak...I would just like to quote from my blog (INMHO):
"Off late I can sense that Rahman's catchy music has taken a backseat whereas his class and repertoire has increased. He has experimented with more artists and he has gone to the next level whereas an ordinary fan like me wants the vintage ARR of the 90's." I still maintain Rahman has gone ahead of all Indian composers and is breaking barriers through his music.

And ARR's MAY MADHAM, THIRUDA THIRUDA still can give HJ's present albums a run for its money in terms of music and freshness..No one can replicate those.. I love KKS..I have written a review way back in TFM when the album got released. And its a clear hit album.
I just want to give the perspective of an average Rahman fan in Tamil Music thats why I didn't take his Hindi works(almost all his Hindi works are classics..i agree). In my opinion, Delhi 6 is far far far better than SDM...

Thanks a lot Maddy...

jaaze
3rd July 2009, 12:17 PM
if rahman keeps composing love birds and may madham, what would be the difference between him and HJ?? should he be one amongst the crowd - This is when you guys never get our feelings. We certainly don't want to do another or anything like love birds, may maadham. we just want something that is as mesmerising as that. For me, Boys and Aayitha Ezhuthu were the only such albums that you get a yearn to listen to again after a long time.

It's going to be tough to explain to you what we mean by songs like Roja, etc. We just want that fresh feeling again. By that, we mean fresh albums with melodies that are as good as Roja, Love Birds. Electrifying numbers as good as Konjam Neruppu.

I'm using as good as because u get confused when ppl use 'like' or 'another xyz', We certainly are not looking for a HJ in him. Pls understand, if not nevermind.

This I agree with you. But we, as Tamil songs listeners want to hear atleast an album from him every year. We are damn sure ARR too wishes the same. Yeah, now he's into hollywood. But we don't want to see him as some ppl who totally or mostly forget their past after reaching greater heights and never or rarely come back to what they were doing.

ARR is not such a person. "I will never leave India" :bow:

So what if he's gonna be composing intro songs and love duets for Tamil films? He now only selects the best and we can be sure of his choice. Let us atleast hear an album from him in Tamil per year :)

music man
3rd July 2009, 01:20 PM
And Maddy!!!! I have known you for a very long time in tfmpage(both old forum and new forum). I dunno how you failed to understand that emotional factor in an average ARR fan...Even Raja's fans want those glorious 80's. ARR is the one person who indirectly motivated me to learn music and learn keyboard. Its some kind of feeling that we associate with Rahman that no one can explain...

I just want that feeling to happen again. Innisai from God Father had that old ARR style.(I know you won't agree)..Innisai was a great composition..But had not ARR composed great numbers before 2001??? Any way its your opinion and we all agree...All our wish is to see our ARR compose those "SPECIAL TRACKS". Only our way of interpretation is different..

music man
3rd July 2009, 01:21 PM
Thanks jaaze for your support...

Kumarappa
3rd July 2009, 02:35 PM
A.R. Rahman to vote at Oscars?
Baiju NT [July 3, 2009, 10:41:30 AM]

India's music maestro A.R. Rahman and four other Oscar winners associated with the Academy award phenomenon Slumdog Millionaire, have been invited by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to join its roster of voting members.

Rahman has been recognized for his music in Slumdog Millionaire and Elizabeth: The Golden Age, while director Danny Boyle is in the limelight for Sunshine also. Besides Slumdog Millionaire, producer Christian Colson has become famous with The Descent, cinematographer Anthony Dod Mantle for The Last King of Scotland and film editor Chris Dickens chosen for Shaun of the Dead.

They are among 134 artists and executives who have distinguished themselves by their contributions to theatrical motion pictures. "These filmmakers have, over the course of their careers, captured the imagination of audiences around the world," said Academy President Sid Ganis in an announcement from Beverly Hills, California. "It's this kind of talent and creativity that make up the Academy, and I welcome each of them to our ranks."

New members will be welcomed into the Academy at an invitation-only reception at the Academy's Fairbanks Centre for Motion Picture Study in Beverly Hills in September. The Academy's membership would have allowed a maximum of 166 new members in 2009, but as in the previous years, several branch committees endorsed fewer candidates than were proposed to them. Voting membership in the organization is now steady at just under 6,000 members since 2003.

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/id/AR_Rahman_invited_to_become_Oscar_voter_27229.html

dinesh2002
3rd July 2009, 02:54 PM
Maddy, chill bro. Let him speak his thoughts and feelings. :?

Music Man, i think i wont post ur message there, u know why?? ARR YG is not a place of peace anymore! I can guarantee u, if i post this, u and me would be the topic of bashing for atleast around 20 messages. Haha! they r very very rude people and that says it all. :).... Im gonna come out of there soon, really dislike many user's behaviors and manners.

jaaze
3rd July 2009, 02:57 PM
yes dinesh
it has been ages since i visited YG
i only go there sometimes..

MADDY
4th July 2009, 10:10 AM
Maddy, chill bro. Let him speak his thoughts and feelings. :?

ofcourse man - i just wrote waht i felt like - let me speak my thoughts as well :D .....yea, he is a ARR fan, illainna pechhukke idam illa......baradwaj rangan in the mask of ARR fan has written so many intentional digs at thalaivar - i never respond to them..........namma fans kulla oru healthy arguements irukkaradhula thappe illa, infact irukkanum........ :D

btw, sad to know abt state of yahoo groups....i used to boast abt it once upon a time.... :(

jaaze, i completely understand yours and musicman's thoughts........you guys need something catchy and memorable as 90's......but wsnt taxi taxi or delhi-6 like the 90's??? ennoda complaints on this line of thoughts is :

1.post2000- rahman Tamil albums sample size is not correct....consider hindi too....infact being rahman fan, we have to put up with chinese too :P
2. thalaivar's evolvement and change in sounds from 90s is for a greater cause.......being stagnant and not changing is very much HJ like....i'm happy that thalaivar is ever changing and i dont regret losing 90's sounds for this....
3. talking abt 90's as best tantamounts to 2000's being somewaht dull which is not the case......listen to ada - i have strong belief this is rahman's best ever.....yes, 90's was great, we have lot of emotions bound with it but rahman is expanding his wings and as fans we must understand it.....jsut like going on the learning curve along with him.....

ofcourse rahman has done better songs than innisai in 90's but the voice and instrument orchestration, seamless transition of pallvis into interludes, the conformity to a genre and then the final rahman touch of beats changing.....ah, sonna odane ketkanum-nnu thonudhu.....wonder how KSR extracted such a gem from thalaivar :bow: ......innisai marks a lot of maturity and change into rahman.......in musical terms, rahman=change and only thing in the world that is permanent is change 8-)

jaaze
4th July 2009, 11:13 AM
8-) :)

music man
4th July 2009, 12:25 PM
(':cheer:')

littlemaster1982
8th July 2009, 12:32 AM
[tscii:b7d29d2558]Aicha! Delhi gets Outlandish (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Potpourri/Aicha-Delhi-gets-Outlandish/articleshow/4744391.cms)

Many people would remember the song Aicha better than the name of the band that created it. Waqas Ali Qadri, Roger Lenin & Isam Bachiri of Outlandish

But Outlandish, that Danish band, has a pretty strong connection to India, and they’re going to perform in Delhi on Friday as part of their India tour. They’re also playing in Mumbai and Pune.

The band comprises Waqas Ali Qadri, Roger Lenin and Isam Bachiri, and when we called Waqas, he surprised us with an offbeat request. “I’ve grown up on Hindi movies. So if you want to do the interview in Hindi, toh mujhe koi problem nahin hai!” he said. Waqas is of Pakistani origin, and quite familiar with India.

The three band members have been following their separate musical careers for a while, and it’s been some time since they worked together as a band. They’ve now come out with an album called Sounds Of A Rebel. How did they end up with that name? “Pichle do-teen saal mein, we almost lost touch with each other, ’cos hum bahut travelling kar rahe the apne work ke liye. Paise kamane ke chakkar mein hum bhool gaye ki hamari friendship was for music. So we had to sit down and baat karni padi ki humne yeh journey kyun shuru ki thi – music ke liye. Hence the name Sounds Of A Rebel, because humne apne khilaf bagawat ki!” Waqas explains.

This is not their first time in India. The last time they were here was in 2003, following the instant success of Aicha. What is it about India that’s made them come here again? Waqas says, “What don’t I love about India! My parents are from Pakistan, but I’ve seen more of India than I have of Pakistan. So I feel very connected. The heritage is the same. I feel at home in India.”

On what makes their music stand out, Waqas says, “It’s the Asian influence. That’s also why we call ourselves Outlandish. My parents, being Pakistani, used to listen to qawwali and Indian music. Lenin’s parents listened to African music. Isam’s parents listened to Arabic music. So we picked up all these influences and blended them together. There wasn’t anybody like us (in the music industry) and they didn’t know how to react to our music. To this day, not bragging or anything, there’s nobody like us. Lenin sings in Spanish sometimes. I sing in Hindi at times, and Isam in Arabic.” Then impersonating a blender, Waqas adds, “Our music is... like you make milkshake in a blender... Brrrrr!”

They’re also huge AR Rahman fans. Waqas, talking about their chance meeting with Rahman during their first visit to India, says, “Rahman is the best. He can take a matka and make amazing music out of that. The last time we were in India, we met him and my legs were shaking, I am not kidding you. He told us that he had bought our album and I was shocked.” The band would love to work with the Indian music maestro. “We were actually trying to get hold of him and we were thinking of taking a train to Chennai, just going to his house, knocking on his door and saying, ‘Please, mister, work with us.’ For me, personally, that will be a big dream come true.” [/tscii:b7d29d2558]

littlemaster1982
10th July 2009, 01:24 PM
ARR Online Radio 24/7 - Beta (http://radio.arrfansclub.com/).

Must have in bookmarks list for ARR fans :thumbsup: