PDA

View Full Version : A.R.Rahman - Kathir - Vinay

baba88
18th August 2008, 07:06 PM
Director Kathir is all to direct a film that will be produced by Ayngaran International. Vinay has been signed up to play the lead role. A.R. Rahman scores the music.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/aug-08-03/tidbits-18-08-08.html

kutti_anand
19th August 2008, 04:36 PM
Konja naal munnadi it was Bharath and movie name was Manavar dhinam.... adhukulla adutha news a? enaku pullarikudhu

arsaregama
19th August 2008, 09:35 PM
false news... nothing of this sort!

dinesh2002
26th August 2008, 06:50 PM
Kadir's new film

With 'Idhayam' Kadir emerged into Tamil cinema as a new shining light to reckon with.

'Kadhal Desam' is proof of his talent. After 'Kadhal Virus,' he stayed away from directing films for a few years. This intermission was of his own making. After this self imposed break, Kadir returns to direction. Ayngaran International is impressed with his story and Vinay could be the hero.

Kadir is one among a few directors, who is capable of retaining the grandeur of AR Rehman's music through his song picturisations. The Isai Puyal's music played a part in the success of 'Kadhal Desam' and 'Kadhalar Dhinam.' Kadir would be happy if AR Rehman scored the music for his new film too.

Having produced films like 'Egan,' 'Villu,' 'Peraanmai' and 'Sarvam,' Ayngaran is producing a film directed by Hosimin of 'February 14' fame. The star cast has not yet been decided upon but music is to be by Harris Jayaraj.

http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/26082008-3.shtml

vijai19
4th October 2008, 12:29 AM
I like kathir films very much.especially "idayam" .In idayam kathir and ilayaraja combination worked well.and also kathir and a.r.rahman combination music comes out well.but film was flap.
i hope he will give another best one like idayam.

---------
vijai

sreevysh (http://www.sreevyshcorp.in)

dinesh2002
4th October 2008, 05:51 AM
I like kathir films very much.especially "idayam" .In idayam kathir and ilayaraja combination worked well.and also kathir and a.r.rahman combination music comes out well.but film was flap.

---------
vijai

IMO, Idhayam was Kadhir's worse film. I prefer his Uzhavan and Kadhalar Dhinam.....

prasana84
4th October 2008, 11:26 AM

---------
vijai

IMO, Idhayam was Kadhir's worse film. I prefer his Uzhavan and Kadhalar Dhinam.....
but kadhal desam was the biggest hit film. the best songs in kadhir-arr combo. :)

NOV
4th October 2008, 12:33 PM
1. Kadhal Desam was a flop

2. Idhayam had the lovely idhayamE idhayamE un mounam ennai kolludhE by SPB :thumbsup:

prasana84
4th October 2008, 11:51 PM
1. Kadhal Desam was a flop

2. Idhayam had the lovely idhayamE idhayamE un mounam ennai kolludhE by SPB :thumbsup:
i dont know abt the film but when it comes to songs surely kadhal desam is unbeatable. fast no's rocks (hello doctor, kallurisali), melody kills (oh vennila, thendraley). and mustafa i dont hav to explain. this is one of the best of arr. :)

NOV
5th October 2008, 08:00 AM
as a music album KD was good, but wasnt Kadhalar Dhinam a bigger music hit (flop film) for ARR-Kathir combo?

sloshed
5th October 2008, 10:18 AM
comparing Idhayam with the rest of Kathir's Craps .. priceless!!

Ramakrishna
5th October 2008, 01:26 PM

i donot know about the movie. But the audio of other films were better and bigger hits than Idayam.

sarna_blr
5th October 2008, 01:40 PM
Idhayam was/is a good movie :D with excellent songs :musicsmile:

1... IdhayamE idhayamE song :bow: :bow:
2.. Pottu vaiththa oru vatta nila :musicsmile:
3.. April may'yilE pasumayE illE :musicsmile: ( I guess it should be national anthem for college students at that time :boo: )
4.. Oh paarty nalla paarty dhaan :musicsmile: ( -ditto- )
5.. poongodi dhaan pooththadhammaaa :musicsmile:

dinesh2002
5th October 2008, 04:57 PM

nonsense.... Uzhavan was a better film than Idhayam.... Kadhalar Dhinam was a nice movie too... it only appeals people who have taste for movies which can touch them internally.... Kadhalar Dhinam strikes gold in that sense....

Sanjeevi
5th October 2008, 05:28 PM
Musically (Songs & BGM) Idhayam is on top of kadhir movies, esp. the out of the world BGM :notworthy:

NOV
5th October 2008, 05:33 PM
sorry sanjeevi, I disagree.

thilak4life
5th October 2008, 05:44 PM
I don't remember much of Uzhavan. My idea of the film is quite hazy, but I think I liked the milieu best (naturally). The songs were top notch too.

And, I can't really compare Idhayam to Uzhavan in any shape or form. A case of Chapathi or oothappam to me.

dinesh2002
5th October 2008, 06:05 PM
Musically (Songs & BGM) Idhayam is on top of kadhir movies, esp. the out of the world BGM :notworthy:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks... i need that laugh so badly.... 8-)

thamizhvaanan
5th October 2008, 09:12 PM

naansens... kadhal virus is the best!!! Kadhalar dhinam comes a close second :cool:

thamizhvaanan
5th October 2008, 09:15 PM
as a music album KD was good, but wasnt Kadhalar Dhinam a bigger music hit (flop film) for ARR-Kathir combo?

Hmmm.. :? I thought kadhalar dhinam was also a hit, like kadhal desam. Otherwise Abbas and Kunal's careers wouldnt exist.

I remember Kadhalar dhinam being dubbed into hindi. Why would they do it if it flopped in Tamil? :?:

Sanjeevi
5th October 2008, 10:20 PM
I pity you guys, listen Idhayam BGM and then decide yourself

AFAIK, BO status of Kadhir films

Idhayam - Super hit
Kadhalar Dhinam - average to hit
Kadhal Desam - average to hit
Kadhal Virus - Flop
Uzhavan - flop

dinesh2002
6th October 2008, 10:12 AM

Idhayam - Super hit
Kadhal Virus - Flop
Uzhavan - flop

Listen to Kadhalar Dhinam and Kadhal Virus bgms, then u decide...

Sanjeevi, thats the fate of the movie, but the audio... u should know, isnt it .... 8-)

sarna_blr
6th October 2008, 10:13 AM

Idhayam - Super hit
Kadhalar Dhinam - average
Kadhal Desam - average to hit - hit to superhit
Kadhal Virus - Flop
Uzhavan - flop

Musicwise, Idhayam is best :boo:

dinesh2002
6th October 2008, 10:16 AM

Idhayam - Super hit
Kadhal Virus - Flop
Uzhavan - flop

seriously, other than that potte vethe oru vatta nila... nothing else was that good....

sarna_blr
6th October 2008, 10:19 AM

Idhayam - Super hit
Kadhal Virus - Flop
Uzhavan - flop

seriously, other than that potte vethe oru vatta nila... nothing else was that good....

it only appeals people who have taste for music which can touch them internally....

Idhayam strikes diamond in that sense.... :boo:

littlemaster1982
6th October 2008, 10:20 AM
Sarna,

What do you want to prove here :huh:

MADDY
6th October 2008, 10:52 AM

actually kathir himself listened to it and decided to have ARRahman for rest of his career.....

Idhayam - Super hit
Kadhal Virus - Flop
Uzhavan - flop

kadhalar dhinam was a super hit.........kadhal desam ran for 125 days in sathyam......summa adichhi vidaadhinga....... :D

Sanjeevi
6th October 2008, 11:18 AM
MADDY

That was my area's (B & C centre) verdicts

Mahen
6th October 2008, 12:15 PM

actually kathir himself listened to it and decided to have ARRahman for rest of his career.....

:clap: :lol: Mangga adi (madhavan in ayutha ezhutu)...Eppadi maddy intha mathiri batil ellam yosikirenge? :)

Sanjeev, never undermine ARR when maddy is around.. :D

MADDY
6th October 2008, 01:08 PM

:clap: :lol: Mangga adi (madhavan in ayutha ezhutu)...Eppadi maddy intha mathiri batil ellam yosikirenge? :)

:lol: - u be in hub for sometime, u'll get these qualities :lol: .......

sanjeevi, agree with u on uzhavan and kadhal virus - i think kadhal virus is the worst for ARR in many ways......only 10,000 cassettes/CDs sold and movie was washed out in a week or so......i mean, even sakkarakatti did better business than kadhal virus :(

dinesh2002
6th October 2008, 06:03 PM

Idhayam - Super hit
Kadhal Virus - Flop
Uzhavan - flop

it only appeals people who have taste for music which can touch them internally....

Idhayam strikes diamond in that sense.... :boo:

:lol: u changed my message's content !! no genuineness in ur presentation .... so... REJECTED!! [senthil's style in INDIAN] :lol:

thamizhvaanan
6th October 2008, 06:54 PM

actually kathir himself listened to it and decided to have ARRahman for rest of his career..... :rotfl:

Idhayam - Super hit
Kadhal Virus - Flop
Uzhavan - flop

kadhalar dhinam was a super hit.........kadhal desam ran for 125 days in sathyam......summa adichhi vidaadhinga....... :DYeah, this confirms to whatever I thought I knew :oops: AFAIK both Kadhalar Dhinam and Kadhal Desam were hits and that is the reason Kadhal virus had a decent expectation behind it when it got released.

Sanjeevi
6th October 2008, 07:00 PM

hmmm.... sendi vittuteenga :lol:

atheppadi Maddy,

After Kadhir completed his first film Idhayam, he compared the music between Idhayam & rest of his movies and then decided to go ARR

:confused2: :poke: :rotfl: :noteeth:

littlemaster1982
6th October 2008, 07:05 PM
Sanjeevi,

Maddy-oda post-ai innoru thadavai sariya padinga :lol2:

dinesh2002
6th October 2008, 07:13 PM

hmmm.... sendi vittuteenga :lol:

atheppadi Maddy,

After Kadhir completed his first film Idhayam, he compared the music between Idhayam & rest of his movies and then decided to go ARR

:confused2: :poke: :rotfl: :noteeth:

I speak for Maddy here.... :P
That simply shows Kadhir wasnt happy with IR's work in Idhayam for him to continue with him from there onwards.... :poke:

thamizhvaanan
6th October 2008, 07:14 PM
Sanjeevi,

:lol:

dinesh2002
6th October 2008, 07:20 PM

hahahahhahahahahha.... hey, this is indeed a good answer... :lol: :rotfl:

Maddy !! :notworthy:

Sanjeevi
6th October 2008, 07:40 PM
Sanjeevi,

that is outside, go inner :arrow:

We were talking about which is best musical among Kadhir movies. Some mentioned Kadhal Desam, some for Khadalar virus and some for Idhayam. I just added to people who underrated Idhayam to listen it and decide

:fatigue:

thamizhvaanan
6th October 2008, 07:45 PM
Sanjeevi,

We were talking about which is best musical among Kadhir movies. Some mentioned Kadhal Desam, some for Khadalar virus and some for Idhayam. I just added to people who underrated Idhayam to listen it and decide

yeah... and Maddy just pointed out a person, who perhaps might have listened to the music and BGM.

So, where is LM or Maddy losing track here? :huh:

Sanjeevi
6th October 2008, 08:04 PM
Sanjeevi,

yeah... and Maddy just pointed out a person, who perhaps might have listened to the music and BGM.

Thogh they are well listened about ARR+Kadhir combo musical albums, I simple said like that.

sari vidunga..... final verdict

For songs I have confusion which album is best
but for BGM I have no doubt that Idhayam is best

littlemaster1982
6th October 2008, 08:20 PM
Sanjeevi,

Engaiyo thappu nadandhirukku :roll: Maddy sonnadhai neenga vera maadhiri twist panni irundheenga. Adhukkudhan naan appadi reply pannen. Thirumba ellaathaiyum quote pandradhukku porumai illa.

dinesh2002
6th October 2008, 08:26 PM
is this project ever gonna make it? i see no news on it also....

Sanjeevi
6th October 2008, 08:27 PM
Engaiyo thappu nadandhirukku :roll: Maddy sonnadhai neenga vera maadhiri twist panni irundheenga. Adhukkudhan naan appadi reply pannen. Thirumba ellaathaiyum quote pandradhukku porumai illa.

Athavathu Maddy oru route-layum naan oru route-layum poyirunthirukkalam, rendum orey route-nalum thani thani :wink:

etho meesaiyula konjam man ottinatha yarukkum theriyama thudaikkalamnu - partha vida mattenga pola irukkuthey :P

littlemaster1982
6th October 2008, 08:31 PM
Sanjeevi,

Freeya vidunga :D

pure bliss
6th October 2008, 11:26 PM
Sanjeevi,

Thogh they are well listened about ARR+Kadhir combo musical albums, I simple said like that.

Sanjeev,

i dont think ripping T2 Theme music is tough!

prasana84
8th October 2008, 02:03 AM
Sanjeevi,

i agree with u some scenes had great music and ir one of the best bgm. but before saying that hear uzhavan bgm. in songs uzhavan, kadhal desam tops. idayam is no where near to it. :)

littlemaster1982
8th October 2008, 07:56 AM
Prasanna,

Mudinchu pona matter-ai edhukku thirumba aarambikkareenga :)

prasana84
8th October 2008, 04:39 PM
Prasanna,

Mudinchu pona matter-ai edhukku thirumba aarambikkareenga :)
sorry konja nall hubbu pakkam varala :oops:

A.ANAND
9th October 2008, 01:10 PM
'indiya varalatril muthal muraiyaga theater canteen owner kaha' edukkum putham puthiya thiraipadam kathirin 'manavar thinam'innu, ippadi oru ad thina thanthila vara vaipu irukku!athanala namma arr fans ellam konjam alert-ta irungga!solliputten :lol:

A.ANAND
10th October 2008, 03:07 PM
[tscii:3cbadb8631]News Date: 9th Oct, 08

Director Kathir has all geared up to make a comeback with a movie name “Studentz Day” starring Srikanth in lead role. Once again the director of love combines with A.R Rahman. Their combination always had an appealing effect on youngsters starting from “Kadhal Dhesam”, “Kadhalar Dhinam” to “Kadhal virus”. Kathir well known to deliver romantic tales with uniqueness in story telling merges with a talented musician is like a touch of magic. “Studentz Day” movie “Pooja” happened today morning on Vijayadhasamy an auspicious day to start everything that will end up in success. The event took place in a very simple manner with director and hero of the movie present together in Ayngaran International Films corporate

http://www.ayngaran.com/newsdetails.php?newsid=107[/tscii:3cbadb8631]