View Full Version : Classic Comedy Collection

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

23rd September 2008, 01:48 PM
How can you compare IInd generation computers with the modern one? :roll:

Yeah it is not fair to the II gen comps. :P

23rd September 2008, 01:50 PM
Let me reiterate it once more in case its missed. This poll is abt FAVOURITE comedian and not about who is better than whom.

Well, when I am going to select my FAVOURITE comedian I have to COMPARE who is the best? :confused2:

23rd September 2008, 01:50 PM
janakaraj kku oru vote
surulirajan oru vote vizhuntha atleast 'no vote' la thokka mataanga yaarum :(

23rd September 2008, 01:53 PM
nagarAja sOzanai ethirththu pOttiyitta vEtpALar.....Deposit-ai izanthAr!

23rd September 2008, 01:53 PM
Well, when I am going to select my FAVOURITE comedian I have to COMPARE who is the best? :confused2::notthatway:

you favourite food need not necessarily be the best food?
similarly your fav actress need not be the best actress
or to make it more personal, your fav gf need not be the best gf. :poke:

equanimus
23rd September 2008, 01:55 PM
yaaro NS Krishnan-kku pOtturukkAnga. :shock: yaaru ?

nambikkAikaaga illeenga saar...NSK-ku vote pOtta aaLai konjam paakkalaamnu dhaan saar
Ha ha, seriously! To my mind, the most overrated comedian in the history of Tamil cinema. Every time someone mentions him as an archetype for the quality comedians of the yore, I can't help but laugh. Obscenely unfunny.

23rd September 2008, 01:56 PM
Well, when I am going to select my FAVOURITE comedian I have to COMPARE who is the best? :confused2::notthatway:

you favourite food need not necessarily be the best food?
similarly your fav actress need not be the best actress
or to make it more personal, your fav gf need not be the best gf. :poke:

idhayellAm sonnA enna paithiyakAran-nu solRAnga...

intha chennai mAnagarathilE...2008-Am ANdilE...ithanai periya apArtmeNdilE...aNNan anjAsingathai veeztha oru paya uNdA inga? :smokesmirk:

23rd September 2008, 01:57 PM
I dont know what you are trying to say NOV! :roll: You have totallly confused me, ippo enna poll nominations correct-unu solreenga, irundhuttu pogatum. Shabba!! :oops2:

23rd September 2008, 01:59 PM

23rd September 2008, 02:00 PM
vaanga equanimus

I know that as a matter of principle you don't vote, but that is something I should be glad about today. Right ? ;-)

sarna_blr
23rd September 2008, 02:09 PM
I accept kaundaman is loud and irritating, :) but he makes me laugh few times, than nagesh :?

I accept the fact that GM irritates many times :sigh2: and extremely funny at few times :P

But Nagesh never irritates me :boo: and most of the time he makes me laugh :redjump:

23rd September 2008, 02:10 PM
Nagesh ukku vote pottaachu :yes:

Saw "Gopura vaasalilae" few days back.
Nagesh + Karthik = :rotfl:
Karthik apology sequence, antha teacher, sports master, karthik. kooda avar pesura scene :thummhbsup: :rotfl:

Nagesh :clap:

23rd September 2008, 02:11 PM
Selva 8-)

23rd September 2008, 02:13 PM
Timing , Action ,Speed - Nobody can touch Nagesh :yes:

23rd September 2008, 02:14 PM
Vivek 2 - SV sekar 3 ..enna kodumai sir ithu :(

23rd September 2008, 02:17 PM
Cho kku 2 vote :)

23rd September 2008, 02:23 PM

This is what I am trying to say! How can you compare the generations? Sorry, this logic is not working for me. To me, this poll is ridiculous. :?

sarna_blr
23rd September 2008, 02:26 PM

This is what I am trying to say! How can you compare the generations? Sorry, this logic is not working for me. To me, this poll is ridiculous. :?

and not adding Chandrababu is nonsense :huh:

23rd September 2008, 02:27 PM

I mean I never thought SV Sekar has more fans than Vivek ,in this hub ..After all Vivek is one of the current leading comedians . :roll:

23rd September 2008, 02:41 PM
Does Nagesh have a thread here?. He is known more as an actor than as a comedian is what my observation tells me :roll:. Adhukku ivvalo votesaa? :shock:. Going by such an observation you can easily add kamal and rajni to the poll 8-).
Nagesh - Incomparable Legend

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=4739
ella pugazhum Joe-vukkae :wink:
2006 kku appuram entha postum illai

23rd September 2008, 02:42 PM
NSK, TV ku 1 vote kidaikkum pOdhu...SVS-kku 3 vote vizhaadhA :huh:

Vivek-ku 2 vote :lol: One can almost hear him saying adappAvigaLA Where is Roshan ?

23rd September 2008, 02:44 PM
apadingeeringa Joe? :confused2: :?

I am out of this thread 8-)

23rd September 2008, 02:51 PM
Vivek - Eppadi iruntha naan ippadi aayitten :lol:

23rd September 2008, 03:19 PM
haiya svshekar 4 :redjump:

ithu pothum! :D

23rd September 2008, 03:21 PM
SVS beats Vadivelu :lol:

namba mudiytha polls elaam namma hub la thaan nadakkum :lol2:

SP,
How many IDs do you have ? enakku oru unmai therinjaaganum :?

Designer
23rd September 2008, 03:22 PM

Timing, Action, Speed - Nobody can touch Nagesh :yes:

23rd September 2008, 03:24 PM
SP,
How many IDs do you have ? enakku oru unmai therinjaaganum :?

Shakthiprabha

thats all :evil: :mad:

adi vangatheenga selva!

23rd September 2008, 03:27 PM
i too voted for sv.shekhar since kounds was winning comfi anyways :) .......i have been to couple of Sv.Shekhar's dramas - and trust me, he has a great comedy sense and a spontaneous one......

23rd September 2008, 03:29 PM
i too voted for sv.shekhar since kounds was winning comfi anyways :) .......
:x :angry2:

i have been to couple of Sv.Shekhar's dramas - and trust me, he has a great comedy sense and a spontaneous one...... sellAdhu sellAdhu !

23rd September 2008, 03:31 PM
i too voted for sv.shekhar since kounds was winning comfi anyways :) .......i have been to couple of Sv.Shekhar's dramas - and trust me, he has a great comedy sense and a spontaneous one......

:sigh2: thanks :D else ppl would have assumed I have 4 ids :roll:

23rd September 2008, 03:31 PM
i have been to couple of Sv.Shekhar's dramas - and trust me, he has a great comedy sense and a spontaneous one......

True. His old dramas were extremely hilarious. His timing sense is very good. During my college times, we used to listen his dramas in casettes many times that too many times. While listening itself it brings great entertainment. I would say he was not used properly in cinemas :roll:

Sari oru vote MADDY. What about other 3 :roll:

23rd September 2008, 03:32 PM
:lol: That is why I said ,if Cho is not in list ,SV sekar would get 2 more votes. :)

23rd September 2008, 03:32 PM
En vote vivekku pochu (since svs was not there in poll then) :evil:

23rd September 2008, 03:35 PM
:lol: That is why I said ,if Cho is not in list ,SV sekar would get 2 more votes. :)

If cho was not there i would have voted for Vadivelu / Kounds. :P

23rd September 2008, 03:39 PM
His old dramas were extremely hilarious. His timing sense is very good. During my college times, we used to listen his dramas in casettes many times that too many times. While listening itself it brings great entertainment.

Yaar illainnu sonnathu ? :) He is good.

But Best ever ? :lol: greater than Nagesh ,Gounder ,Vadivelu ,Vivek ? :roll:

Anyway ,opinion differs :huh:

23rd September 2008, 03:41 PM
Gounds :smokesmirk:

23rd September 2008, 03:41 PM
thanks Very Happy else ppl would have assumed I have 4 ids
SP,
4 ah vidunga... 3 ID irukkiratha nenaikka koodaatha. maddy - neenga eppadi :P

23rd September 2008, 03:45 PM
SP,

i think Sv.Shekar is very popular with non-resident tamils........i have heard from my cuz brother that u can identify a tamil family in US by seeing ARR cassettes or svs cassettes in their car stereos :lol: 8-)

23rd September 2008, 03:47 PM

No one can decide who is best or not. It is about tastes and opinions. Not everyone belongs to same generation and not everyone doing same type of comedy. The different nature of people relates to different varieties and accordingly certain people becomes favorites. That is it. As someone said it is about favorites and not the best. There is no bestometers available to come to a conclusion. Athanaala IMO nnu poattutu ever thaan best nnu vaenumnaa sollikalaam :lol2:

23rd September 2008, 03:48 PM

No one can decide who is best or not. It is about tastes and opinions. Not everyone belongs to same generation and not everyone doing same type of comedy. The different nature of people relates to different varieties and accordingly certain people becomes favorites. That is it. As someone said it is about favorites and not the best. There is no bestometers available to come to a conclusion. Athanaala IMO nnu poattutu ever thaan best nnu vaenumnaa sollikalaam :lol2:

However i would say SVS is much better than Vivek. Of course IMO :lol2:

23rd September 2008, 03:49 PM

Itha thaan naan Yerkanave 'opinion differs'-nnu sollitene :huh:

23rd September 2008, 03:50 PM
avaru post count increase panraaram :lol2:

23rd September 2008, 03:50 PM

i rate SVS just below gounds :) .......SVS's comedy is more natural than Vivek's and it flows rather than forced as in case of vivek/vadivs many a times :)

23rd September 2008, 03:52 PM

I see ..I know why :wink:

Itha thaan naan Yerkanave 'opinion differs'-nnu sollitene :huh:

athellaam sari. Athukku munnaadi naaama ninaikurathuthaan sari ngara maathiri sirikka padaathu :notthatway: :P

SVS is better than vivek. Maddy and Thiru anne :roll:
Drama OK. but padathula :shaking:

23rd September 2008, 03:53 PM
drama ellAm attaiyila sErththi kidayAdhu.
If so, then SVS getting 4 is indeed on the lower side.

23rd September 2008, 03:55 PM
athellaam sari. Athukku munnaadi naaama ninaikurathuthaan sari ngara maathiri sirikka padaathu :notthatway: :P

Enakku naan ninaikkurathu thaan sari :huh: Joke sonna sirikka thaan mudiyum :roll: UngaLukku thoNuRa joke-kku neenga sirichukunga 8-)

23rd September 2008, 04:00 PM
drama ellAm attaiyila sErththi kidayAdhu.
If so, then SVS getting 4 is indeed on the lower side.

23rd September 2008, 04:01 PM
UngaLukku thoNuRa joke-kku neenga sirichukunga 8-)

Oh :roll:

Enakku naan ninaikkurathu thaan sari :huh:

:rotfl: :poke:

23rd September 2008, 04:07 PM
"nadanthavaigaL nadanthavaigaLAka irukkattum...nadakka iruppavai nallathAka irukkattum...antha kodiyai ellAm thooki veesittu namma katchiyila ellArum vanthu uRuppinarA sErnthudunga..appuRam..antha uNdiyala thambi-kitta kuduthudunga."

Gounder is unbeatable.No adjective can describe the happiness when Gounder is on screen.Others,tend to evoke laughter for the first time.But Gounder is different.He is like Stanley Kubrick-Getting better every time we see him again.So,please stop poking yourselves and announce Gounder the winner
:yes:
And,Gounder rasiga perumakkaL nalan karuthi,
"Ahn appuRam,oru visayam...election vEra vara pOguthu.aNNanukku mAlai pOttu,photO eduthu,pOster otti amarkaLapaduthidanum..enna vokaey?dann!"

23rd September 2008, 04:16 PM
"nadanthavaigaL nadanthavaigaLAka irukkattum...nadakka iruppavai nallathAka irukkattum...antha kodiyai ellAm thooki veesittu namma katchiyila ellArum vanthu uRuppinarA sErnthudunga..appuRam..antha uNdiyala thambi-kitta kuduthudunga." :rotfl:

I can't even read this with a straight face when in office.

23rd September 2008, 04:25 PM
"nadanthavaigaL nadanthavaigaLAka irukkattum...nadakka iruppavai nallathAka irukkattum...antha kodiyai ellAm thooki veesittu namma katchiyila ellArum vanthu uRuppinarA sErnthudunga..appuRam..antha uNdiyala thambi-kitta kuduthudunga." :rotfl:

enga aNNan daensu AdinA kooda kaamedy thAn!

Vadivelu:"nerunga mudiyumA?"
(after a pause) "mudiyAthu!"

23rd September 2008, 05:02 PM
SVS beats Vadivelu :lol:
This act of voting by the hubbers is a dastardly and condemnable act. Puyal supporters(?!) are requested to maintain calm and not give in to the designs of the schemers. soonapaana will return! :twisted:

equanimus
23rd September 2008, 05:02 PM
vaanga equanimus

I know that as a matter of principle you don't vote, but that is something I should be glad about today. Right ? ;-)
Uh, um, well, uh... theriyala PR! I should reflect on this topic one of these days with all the required paraphernalia. Among the comedians in Tamil cinema, Nagesh, Goundamani and Vadivelu are easily my favourites. They all work in very different worlds, you know...

By the way, S. Ve. Shekar'ukku enna koRachchal? He's doubtlessly one of my favourites. Just that his film-acting stint didn't last long. He's an absolute cracker in his stageplays. Some of them are much superior to many of the well-respected comedy tracks in Tamil cinema IMO. idhaiyE vERa mAdhiri sollanum 'nA, he's way funnier than most comedians in this list. NSK, Thangavelu, Surulirajan, Janakaraj, mundhirip paruppu... sEttai.

23rd September 2008, 05:07 PM
Among the comedians in Tamil cinema, Nagesh, Goundamani and Vadivelu are easily my favourites. They all work in very different worlds, you know...

They were/ are no 1 during their generations and they are best too during their time. :P

By the way, S. Ve. Shekar'ukku enna koRachchal? He's doubtlessly one of my favourites. Just that his film-acting stint didn't last long. He's an absolute cracker in his stageplays. Some of them are much superior to many of the well-respected comedy tracks in Tamil cinema IMO.

:yes: :exactly:

23rd September 2008, 05:12 PM
SP,

your avtar is ONE OF THE BEST of ajit's pic any hubber ever sported. :thumbsup:

//dign :P

23rd September 2008, 05:24 PM
By the way, S. Ve. Shekar'ukku enna koRachchal?

As Crazy would say....oru korachchalum illai....ellAmE konjam jaasthi.

Even in films - his lesser domain so to speak - he is better many others listed here.

In VEdikkai enathu vaadikkai, where his mother stresses that she is going out to grind flour. Her hidden agenda is to have the prospective bride visit home when SVS is alone.So, she repeating multiple times she is going to grond flour and SVS till finally he offers to go do the errand himself. Manorama rushes off and SVS makes the passing comment: "vittA maavu araikkiradha aindhANdu thittam aakkiduva pOla irukkE"

Forget ManaL Kayiru, Chidambara Ragasiyam
Inspector: chikkAn chikkAn doi-yA ?
SVS: aamaam....kavarchigaramaana koLLai.....appuram oru kolai....adhu adhaivida kavarchchi :lol:

..even a movie like Gowri KalyANam, where he plays a small role he is hilarious.

The scene where he presents himself as the son of Rushyendramani and Mangupathi - is just brutal. Can't find these on youtube unfortunately.

23rd September 2008, 05:25 PM
your avtar is ONE OF THE BEST of ajit's pic any hubber ever sported. :thumbsup://dign :P
:ty: Thala pola varuma :)

23rd September 2008, 05:33 PM
One can forget his roles in kathayakan, sahadevan - mahathevan and the likes too :thumbsup:

23rd September 2008, 05:33 PM
Obviously Gounds RulZZZZ

but How come lipstick Mannan engal AnNan Ramarajan and vazhkaiyileye oru thadava kood barber saloon pogatha T.RR???

23rd September 2008, 05:36 PM
SVS is just perfect with

bodylanguage
dialogue delivery
dialogues or script writing
wit
sarcasm which many a times dont degrade others
subtle punch (unlike audible pitches)

23rd September 2008, 05:38 PM
S.V. Sekhar kku aatharavu perugitae varuthu... Athu :thumbsup: .. Aahn :wink:

23rd September 2008, 05:40 PM
Obviously Gounds RulZZZZ

but How come lipstick Mannan engal AnNan Ramarajan and vazhkaiyileye oru thadava kood barber saloon pogatha T.RR???
:x

23rd September 2008, 05:40 PM
Finally ,let me give my Top fav list and escape :yessir:

1.Nagesh
2.Gounder
3.Vadivelu
4.Vivek
5.Thanga Velu
6.Chandra babu
7.Cho

23rd September 2008, 05:41 PM
Obviously Gounds RulZZZZ

He is contesting for the role himself :roll: :yessir:

23rd September 2008, 05:44 PM
Obviously Gounds RulZZZZ

He is contesting for the role himself :roll: :yessir:

er?? :?

23rd September 2008, 05:46 PM
Obviously Gounds RulZZZZ

but How come lipstick Mannan engal AnNan Ramarajan and vazhkaiyileye oru thadava kooda barber saloon pogatha T.RR???

adengaPa

summa joke-ku sonNen apPa , take it easy paalicy :)

vartaa

23rd September 2008, 05:49 PM
In some xyz movie, vadivelu gets thrown into the boxing bout :lol2:

the other boxer without enquiring who or what, gives him left n right to win the cup.

Vadively snatches the cup and says a page length dialogues :rotfl2:

"அடி வாங்கினது யாரு...நானு...கப் எனக்குத் தான்...

நீ நிஜமாவே ஒரு வீரன்ன்ன வீரன அடிச்சுட்டு கப் வாங்கியிருக்கனம். ஒரு புள்ளபூச்சிய ரத்தம் வர அளவு அடிச்ச்ட்டு, கப் வேற வாங்குறையா?!"

whats the movie name?
any youtube link for the same?

23rd September 2008, 05:51 PM
I think Sarathkumar and Nayanthara movie :?

23rd September 2008, 05:51 PM

the other boxer without enquiring who or what, gives him left n right to win the cup.

நீ நிஜமாவே ஒரு வீரன்ன்ன வீரன அடிச்சுட்டு கப் வாங்கியிருக்கனம். ஒரு புள்ளபூச்சிய ரத்தம் வர அளவு அடிச்ச்ட்டு, கப் வேற வாங்குறையா?!"

whats the movie name?

rendu, *ring Maddy

23rd September 2008, 05:52 PM
No. Not Rendu.

adengaPa
summa joke-ku sonNen apPa , take it easy paalicy :)
vartaa
Raghu, naan kooda ippadi ezuthuvaen appo appo. But neenga thodarnthu ivangala kotharureenga... same goes to vijaykanth. athaan. :)

sarna_blr

whats the movie name?

x....singam kalam erangiduchchu :rotfl:
vadivElu... singamaa :shock: adhu yaaru :lol2:

sometimes vadivElu is also extremely funny like GM :P

sarna_blr
23rd September 2008, 05:54 PM
I think Sarathkumar and Nayanthara movie :?

its ayyaa :yes:

23rd September 2008, 05:55 PM
:ty: :ty: tm, raghu, sarna.

I am searching for the link now :lol2:

23rd September 2008, 05:56 PM

rangan_08
23rd September 2008, 05:59 PM

whats the movie name?

P

.....and that referee's reaction....paridhabama nippaar... :D

23rd September 2008, 06:00 PM
I saw a vadivelu caamady recently, it was movie called 'kumaran' i think it was telugu dubbed movie, it has that joker (jagdesh babu) or what ever, as the hero, trisha the heroine

Vadives works for Murthy , in canteen. One scene is so :rotfl2: , one guys will have breakfast and run out wothout paying, vadivelu will ask all the customers to go after him and get him, so all of the customers will chase the guys, but the guy will be running in one direction while the rest of the customers will run in the other directions.

and the funny thing is none of paid for their food and murrthy will tell that vadivs have to work 2 more months to covere up the cost induced by the customers :rotfl2:

23rd September 2008, 06:16 PM

23rd September 2008, 06:27 PM

is this Gounds dialogue??? which movie is this from ??

23rd September 2008, 06:31 PM

"
"Ahn appuRam,oru visayam...election vEra vara pOguthu.aNNanukku mAlai pOttu,photO eduthu,pOster otti amarkaLapaduthidanum..enna vokaey?dann!"

23rd September 2008, 06:47 PM

is this Gounds dialogue??? which movie is this from ??

anjAsingam maruthupAndi in varavu ettanA selavu pathaNA!

23rd September 2008, 07:10 PM
Nobody even mentioned one of the greatest comedians, who cut across generations - V K Ramasamy :(

After gounder, VKR is my favorite. Puyal is third!

mgb
23rd September 2008, 07:34 PM
TR Mahalingam is not into intentional comedy :rotfl:

23rd September 2008, 07:35 PM
VKR was not exactly funny , he is OK, he is in the league of Chinni jeyanth, thaamu & co

23rd September 2008, 07:51 PM
"nadanthavaigaL nadanthavaigaLAka irukkattum...nadakka iruppavai nallathAka irukkattum...antha kodiyai ellAm thooki veesittu namma katchiyila ellArum vanthu uRuppinarA sErnthudunga..appuRam..antha uNdiyala thambi-kitta kuduthudunga."

Gounder is unbeatable.No adjective can describe the happiness when Gounder is on screen.Others,tend to evoke laughter for the first time.But Gounder is different.He is like Stanley Kubrick-Getting better every time we see him again.So,please stop poking yourselves and announce Gounder the winner

23rd September 2008, 07:52 PM
44 -30

nammaala jeyika mudiyuma .yaaru avaru ...kattabomman parambarayaakum

23rd September 2008, 07:53 PM
Thideernu difference koodiruchu :(

booth-la aaL illatha pothu yaaruyya kaLLa vote poduRathu :lol:

23rd September 2008, 08:02 PM
44 -30

Before we win,
"EmpA...ingirunthu oru neeNda kuchiya neetuna athula oru cheyinayum,mOthurathayum mAtti uttuRa mAttAnga?"

After we win,
EmpA en mOthiram!
ippadi kuduthA vAngamAtOm!(Mods.)moonjiya sirichA mAthiri vachikittu kudunga! :poke:

oru vELai endha nyAya dharmathukkum samudhAyam othu varalainnA,(delikaaet possisan)
"nee tharalainnA enna?ada pOyya...enakku pAtteemA kodupAnga...pAtteemA...pAtteemA!"

equanimus
23rd September 2008, 08:11 PM
[tscii:215fee768d]

Among the comedians in Tamil cinema, Nagesh, Goundamani and Vadivelu are easily my favourites. They all work in very different worlds, you know...

They were/ are no 1 during their generations and they are best too during their time. :P
Well, yeah, but I was talking about their respective styles and the kind of humour in their comedy tracks.

By the way, S. Ve. Shekar'ukku enna koRachchal?

As Crazy would say....oru korachchalum illai....ellAmE konjam jaasthi.
kEkkum pOdhE indha padhil thAn thONichchu. yArAchchum solluvAnga 'nnu nenachchEn. You didn't let me down! And I agree. In films too, he always displayed great comic timing even though he mostly played just the goofy type sidekick roles. When it comes to his stage-plays, he's irrepressible. What's really remarkable is the gusto with which the jokes get risquι or outright silly -- in general, the kinds that's often brushed off as unsophisticated humour. He plunges the depths to get a joke, carelessly piercing through all facades of decency, busy aspiring for the 'descent' quotient instead.[/tscii:215fee768d]

23rd September 2008, 08:32 PM
Thideernu difference koodiruchu :(

booth-la aaL illatha pothu yaaruyya kaLLa vote poduRathu :lol:

adadaa,

Ithelam arasiyala sahajam paa

I voted for Gounds , cos he simply Rulzzzzz :P 8-)

23rd September 2008, 08:33 PM
Nobody even mentioned one of the greatest comedians, who cut across generations - V K Ramasamy :(

naanga dhaan signature pottom la 8-)

23rd September 2008, 08:37 PM
The thread was started with the intent of reliving classic comedies. When and where and most importantly how (and cos of who) did it become a poll of best comedians?? :P

23rd September 2008, 08:41 PM
Naansenss, Just now realized ya, why no name of senthil in this poll ... :twisted:

23rd September 2008, 08:44 PM
vkr...

"adhula paarunga settiar..."... :lol:

:aaaaahhhhh" apdinu vaayila verala vekura style :notworthy:

wonderful charecter artist

23rd September 2008, 08:45 PM
Naansenss, Just now realized ya, why no name of senthil in this poll ... :twisted:

exactly :evil:

He should be in the list instead of Cho & SVS

23rd September 2008, 08:46 PM
No babyyyyyyyyy enjoyyyyyyyyy

Aneeeeee-thaa

Sakthinathana sethutaare

Oru vaandhi, oru bedhi, adhoda seri

23rd September 2008, 08:47 PM
Ignoring senthil and VKR is a sin :twisted:

Prabu: Oh, avaLum vaadagaikku dhAn irukkALA, naan vERa ennamO nenachEn
VKR: set-up-nu nenachiyA?? :lol:
The delivery of this piece, his modulation :bow:

23rd September 2008, 08:48 PM
one scene in aanpavam

"namma veetla irukura saami koodathan pesaradhu illa....adhukaga adha yellam veliyava thooki eriyurom...epdi aanaalum neethanma andha veetiku mahalakshmi"

he plays it easily..

23rd September 2008, 08:50 PM
VKR in aan paavam

adhula paarunga oru vegathula theatrekku en peyarae vechutein, adhai perun dhanmaya ethukara pakkuvam en pasangalukku illa

equanimus
23rd September 2008, 08:56 PM
VKR in aan paavam

adhula paarunga oru vegathula theatrekku en peyarae vechutein, adhai perun dhanmaya ethukara pakkuvam en pasangalukku illa

Whoa, I was *just* going to quote the same line. The way he says, "adha perunthanmaiyA Eththukkara pakkuvam en pasangaLukku illa..." :rotfl:

Movie Cop
23rd September 2008, 09:08 PM

Senthil instead of Cho & SVS! :shock:
IMO, Senthil is no where close to these two in terms of comedy. I see Senthil more of a sidekick to GM! Pretty much that's where he stands. I don't think Senthil can singlehandedly carry out comedy on a regualr basis! He is very unfunny if he is on his own! :cry:

But VKR & Chandrababu should be in the list... Even "Thengai" Srinivaan deserves a place in the classic comedians list though one would argue that he is a character artiste as well...

23rd September 2008, 09:11 PM
I liked the looty he does with prabhu and revathy in "arangetra velai" :D

23rd September 2008, 09:11 PM
Surulirajan elaam pottathukku

vkr, thengaisrinivasan etc potrukklaaam :evil:

23rd September 2008, 09:13 PM
thengai :evil:

vitta YG Mahendranukkellam kepeenga pola irukke :P

23rd September 2008, 09:14 PM
Suruli rajan poll -a irukkum pothu ygm kku enna korachal :evil:

23rd September 2008, 09:16 PM
uLLathai aLLithA climax kaamedy mAthiri irukku!
senthil:"ivaru kathuRAru...ivaru thAn senthilnAthan.."
Gounds:idhO ivaru kathuRAru,ivaru thAn senthilnAdhan.aaaai nAnum kathuREn,nAn thAn senthilnAthan!"

ippadiyE ellArum ovvoruthara sollungabA!

23rd September 2008, 09:16 PM
both are same category

Movie Cop
23rd September 2008, 09:28 PM

HR, From the mid-70's through early 80's - the time when Nagesh was getting older it was folks like Thengai Srinivasan, VKR who often shouldered the responsibilty of providing comic relief to Tamil movies... Comedy naa chumma matavnagale "thenga thalaiyaa", "maanga thalaiyaa", "naaye" nnu tituradho, alladhu mathavanga kitta adi/vudhai vaanguratho mathum kidayadthu :huh:

Facial expressions, body language, dialaak delivery, utilizing the situations (situational comedy) idhellamum remba mukiyam instead of just being plain slapstick! Andha vagaiyile paartha Thengai Srinivasan deserves a mention or two when we talk about classic Tamil comedians... Ofcourse, comedy itself is very subjective and likes/dislikes varies depending on individual tastes! :)

23rd September 2008, 09:30 PM
thengai srinivasanoda oru 5 urupadiyana kaamedy padam sollungalen

23rd September 2008, 09:33 PM
சும்மா வா நாங்க தமிழ் சினிமா'வின் பொக்கிஷம் ன்னு சொன்னோம்
:D .

VKR in aan paavam

Whoa, I was *just* going to quote the same line. The way he says, "adha perunthanmaiyA Eththukkara pakkuvam en pasangaLukku illa..." :rotfl:

23rd September 2008, 09:34 PM
Comedy naa chumma matavnagale "thenga thalaiyaa", "maanga thalaiyaa", "naaye" nnu tituradho, alladhu mathavanga kitta adi/vudhai vaanguratho mathum kidayadthu :huh:

idhu namakku ( :?: ) theriyudhu, aana indha comedy channelukku theriyalaye.. eppa parthalum adhaye poduranga idhula separate channel vera :)

23rd September 2008, 09:37 PM
Ennadhu senthil unfunny eh :shock:

sample these gems
Enna annae odaichu puteenga
Less tensan more work, more work less tensan
Echukated family...
Oooo...ooo from uthamarasa...
Normala smoke ellam varadhe.....

and the highlight of all

Car'ae naama vechirukkom indha car-ae vechirundha soppana sundari'ya :lol: :rotfl: . The onnum theriadha "appavi"look he gives is what vicky once termed as cannot be matched by even cartoon characters :notworthy:

Cho and SVS please give me a break. Are we talking comedians from movies or comedians from stage plays?. Cho and SVS simply haven't done enough movies or made me laugh like Senthil.

Senthil instead of Cho & SVS! :shock:
IMO, Senthil is no where close to these two in terms of comedy. I see Senthil more of a sidekick to GM! Pretty much that's where he stands. I don't think Senthil can singlehandedly carry out comedy on a regualr basis! He is very unfunny if he is on his own! :cry:

23rd September 2008, 09:38 PM
yempa.. poll stop pannittu pottiya odachu result sollidalaam !!!

:victory: Annan Anjasingam Marugupandi WINS :victory:

Annanukku Vote potta anaivarukkum ministryla idam parppadhaga annan arivikkirar

23rd September 2008, 09:40 PM
nattamai senthil :rotfl:

yenunga magane :lol:

23rd September 2008, 09:42 PM

nnoooooo

dei thagapaaaaaa...ennanga son. :lol:

23rd September 2008, 10:17 PM

nnoooooo

dei thagapaaaaaa...ennanga son. :lol:

My Son!
ennadA bison?

23rd September 2008, 10:21 PM
:victory: Annan Anjasingam Marugupandi WINS :victory:

"ippa nee sonnatha thanjAvur kalvettula ezuthi vachittu nee pakkathulayE ukkAdhukkO...EnnA...unakku appuRam vaRRa santhathigaL athai pArthu...padichu...theLinju nadanthukkuvAnga!"

23rd September 2008, 10:21 PM
Idhu enna mathematixxx :lol: ???

44 -30

23rd September 2008, 10:24 PM

HR, From the mid-70's through early 80's - the time when Nagesh was getting older it was folks like Thengai Srinivasan, VKR who often shouldered the responsibilty of providing comic relief to Tamil movies... Comedy naa chumma matavnagale "thenga thalaiyaa", "maanga thalaiyaa", "naaye" nnu tituradho, alladhu mathavanga kitta adi/vudhai vaanguratho mathum kidayadthu :huh:

Facial expressions, body language, dialaak delivery, utilizing the situations (situational comedy) idhellamum remba mukiyam instead of just being plain slapstick! Andha vagaiyile paartha Thengai Srinivasan deserves a mention or two when we talk about classic Tamil comedians... Ofcourse, comedy itself is very subjective and likes/dislikes varies depending on individual tastes! :)

24th September 2008, 06:39 AM

I can't even read this with a straight face when in office.it didnt even evoke a smile from me. :cry:

24th September 2008, 06:42 AM
i think opposition to cho and SVS are more so because of their political stand :roll: .......why do i see a larger picture of everything :lol:

24th September 2008, 07:56 AM
CHO & SVS are "vasanam only" kind of comedians (which are at times very brilliant). However, Nagesh and the likes excel in more variety.

24th September 2008, 07:58 AM
Generally I prefer wit over slapstick, thus prefer Vivek over Vadivelu.

Needless to say why I abhor Goundamni :shaking:

24th September 2008, 09:33 AM

Two erronous statements.The second one is GM is all slapstick. Just too tired trying to correct that set impression GM-haters have.
It is beyond repair.So let me atleast try Vadivelu.

One of the best ones of Vadivelu is the panjAyathu scene in NEsam Pudusu with Sangili Murugan.

enna kaiyya pudichu izhuththiyA

Where is 'slapstick' here ?

There are plenty like things: his timing, delivery of lines, voice modulation that conjure up humour from nowhere are excellent. But yet he continues to be known us the guy who tries to tickles us only by getting beaten up. Hmm !

24th September 2008, 09:41 AM
PR, I am not a Gounds-hater :sigh2: why are people so obsessed with extreme reactions?

24th September 2008, 09:43 AM
where slapstick is concerned Gounds is >>> Vadivelu.

VV has emtan magan and Imsai arasan to his ccredit.

at the end of the day, its what one is commonly known for, that counts.

24th September 2008, 09:53 AM
PR, I am not a Gounds-hater :sigh2: why are people so obsessed with extreme reactions?
Sorry "abhor" appidinnA ennannu theriyAma ezhudhittEn.

at the end of the day, its what one is commonly known for, that counts That is my point. One shouldn't let those exaggerated impressions outscore the finer aspects of his talent - particularly when attempting an overall evaluation.

24th September 2008, 09:56 AM
Sorry "abhor" appidinnA ennannu theriyAma ezhudhittEn.Sorry, "smilie" pOda marandhuttEn :rotfl:

That is my point. One shouldn't let those exaggerated impressions outscore the finer aspects of his talent - particularly when attempting an overall evaluation. thanks for agreeing that 43% is an exaggeration. :)

24th September 2008, 09:57 AM

whats the movie name?

It's from Chatrapathi (Sarathkumar).

நீ ஒரு வீரனை அடிச்சிருந்தா, நானே தலைமைதாங்கி உனக்கு இன்த கோப்பையை வாங்கி குடுத்திருப்பேன். நீ அடிச்சது ஒரு புள்ளபூச்சியை. அதனால உனக்கு ஒரு வெண்கல கிண்ணம் கூட கிடையாது.

அடி வாங்குனது நானு. கப்பு எனக்குதான் சொந்தம். :rotfl: :rotfl:

rangan_08
24th September 2008, 09:59 AM
NSK : Makkalatchiyila nagaichuvai nadigarukkukooda vaakeduppu nadatharangale, paravayilla.

KAT : Adappadubavippayalugala, ungala thooki veyyilla poda.... enakku votu potta andha rendu punniyavanga mattum nalla irukanum.

CHO : Idhu edhir katchigal seidha kooti sadhi. Idhukku oru seyarkuzhu kooti, sattasabayila vivadham senju, udai pala anindhu, kadai pala thirandhu, vadai pala thindru....... :x

Suruli : he he he :roll:

Janakaraj : :cry3: Ellarum sendhu enna masal vada thunna vechitaangappa... :cry3:

Vivek : Ada padharugala, neenga kalaivanarayum jeyikka vekkala, chinna kalaivanarayum jeyikka vekkala - enna ulagamada... :huh:

Vadivelu : Machan....saachi puttainga machan, sachiputtainga.... ooooooouuu

SVS : Chinna vayasula kanakku paritchayila thothu ponen, ippo ingeyum enna thokka vechiteengale. Irunga, Amma kitta solren...

Nagesh : Edhu, yenkitta, yenkittaye moadha paakuriya ???

Gounds : Stop it. Innum ethana varusathukku idhey dialaaka solluveengayya....Oh ! neengala, Sori sir ! gavanikkala. Adhu onnum illa, pasangellam sendhu neengadhan nikkanumnu sonnanga, adhan ninnen... dakkalti vela edhuvum pannamaye jeyichitten....rowsu pannama odhingikkunga....

I am vald toor .... start meesik... :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump:

thriinone
24th September 2008, 10:16 AM
NSK : Makkalatchiyila nagaichuvai nadigarukkukooda vaakeduppu nadatharangale, paravayilla.

KAT : Adappadubavippayalugala, ungala thooki veyyilla poda.... enakku votu potta andha rendu punniyavanga mattum nalla irukanum.

CHO : Idhu edhir katchigal seidha kooti sadhi. Idhukku oru seyarkuzhu kooti, sattasabayila vivadham senju, udai pala anindhu, kadai pala thirandhu, vadai pala thindru....... :x

Janakaraj : :cry3: Ellarum sendhu enna masal vada thunna vechitaangappa... :cry3:

Vivek : Ada padharugala, neenga kalaivanarayum jeyikka vekkala, chinna kalaivanarayum jeyikka vekkala - enna ulagamada... :huh:

SVS : Chinna vayasula kanakku paritchayila thothu ponen, ippo ingeyum enna thokka vechiteengale. Irunga, Amma kitta solren...

Gounds : Stop it. Innum ethana varusathukku idhey dialaaka solluveengayya....Oh ! neengala, Sori sir ! gavanikkala. Adhu onnum illa, pasangellam sendhu neengadhan nikkanumnu sonnanga, adhan ninnen... dakkalti vela edhuvum pannamaye jeyichitten....rowsu pannama odhingikkunga....

dhool kilappiteengalE rangan08 :D :clap:

24th September 2008, 10:24 AM
Rangan :lol: :thumbsup:

Designer
24th September 2008, 11:03 AM
rangan: :lol: good one.

aapees-ilirunthu hubbing seyyaravanga akkam paakkam paarthu vittu sirikkum padi kEttu koLLa padugiraargaL!

rangan_08
24th September 2008, 11:14 AM
Thanks thriinone, joe & Designer. :)

sarna_blr
24th September 2008, 04:34 PM
Rangan :2thumbsup:

rangan_08
24th September 2008, 04:40 PM
Rangan :2thumbsup:

24th September 2008, 04:44 PM

:wow: I am actually Imagining his voice :D

:roll: surulirajan sir, ungalukku ivlo dialoguE jasthi :evil:

:lol2:

kalakkkkkkkal :rotfl2:

I am vald toor .... start meesik...

rangan ROCKINGGGGGGG :lol2: :thumbsup: :clap:

rangan_08
24th September 2008, 05:01 PM
thanks sp.

dinesh13284
24th September 2008, 05:04 PM
rangan :clap: :2thumbsup:

24th September 2008, 05:09 PM
actually

among urs list "he he he" of suruli was so funny imagining his own rendition... :lol:

cho,nagesh,vadivelu :lol: :lol:

24th September 2008, 05:11 PM
I liked nagesh, and janakaraj's dialogues :D

rangan_08
24th September 2008, 05:18 PM
thanks dinesh & vivasaayi.

yes, suruli's laugh does it all.

Vaazhkaila modho dhaba immaamperu paratreenga :cry3:

allarukkum danks pa..

(mohan, no silly feelings..... :D )

24th September 2008, 05:24 PM

24th September 2008, 05:35 PM

allarukkum danks pa..

cho chweet :D

mgb
24th September 2008, 05:37 PM
mohan :thumbsup:

rangan_08
24th September 2008, 05:38 PM

allarukkum danks pa..

cho chweet :D

aana avaru jeyikkalaye... :)

rangan_08
24th September 2008, 05:38 PM
thanks af & ganesh :)

24th September 2008, 05:42 PM
rangan :lol2:

24th September 2008, 06:59 PM
Just too tired trying to correct that set impression GM-haters have.
It is beyond repair.

really a "Sathiya Sodhanai"

24th September 2008, 07:01 PM
Rangan :lol:

24th September 2008, 07:02 PM
he was an irritation in 16 vayathinilE and irrelevant in thangam. what happened in between? :evil:

24th September 2008, 07:04 PM
he was an irritation in 16 vayathinilE and irrelevant in thangam. what happened in between?

u slept through a comic flood...in between

24th September 2008, 07:08 PM
NOV,
enna start ayum end ayum vachi mattum conclude pannureenga.. Goundar - Senthil combo romba famous aachae. I disliked goundar only when he started doing second hero roles in movies. Goundar and Senthil work well together. Solo goundar appo appo kadi thaan..

24th September 2008, 07:08 PM
u slept through a comic flood...in betweenthoonga vaiththavar nalla vElai ippO kaanamal pOivittaar.

24th September 2008, 07:09 PM

whats the movie name?

It's from Chatrapathi (Sarathkumar).

நீ ஒரு வீரனை அடிச்சிருந்தா, நானே தலைமைதாங்கி உனக்கு இன்த கோப்பையை வாங்கி குடுத்திருப்பேன். நீ அடிச்சது ஒரு புள்ளபூச்சியை. அதனால உனக்கு ஒரு வெண்கல கிண்ணம் கூட கிடையாது.

அடி வாங்குனது நானு. கப்பு எனக்குதான் சொந்தம். :rotfl: :rotfl:

oh my god! how did I miss this :D

tahnks lm :ty: would check it out!

24th September 2008, 07:11 PM
u slept through a comic flood...in betweenthoonga vaiththavar nalla vElai ippO kaanamal pOivittaar.

importanta pesumbodhu devegowda koodathan parliamentla thoongunaru...avara enna thaalatu paadiyaa thoonga vechaanga...

24th September 2008, 07:12 PM
I think Nagesh is the longest reigning comedy king.... tho I dislike his latest appearances :shaking:

24th September 2008, 07:13 PM
I think Nagesh is the longest reigning comedy king.... tho I dislike his latest appearances :shaking:
:?:
Dasa - OK.
vera enna ??

24th September 2008, 07:20 PM
all his last few appearances including MBBS.

24th September 2008, 07:24 PM
he was an irritation in 16 vayathinilE and irrelevant in thangam. what happened in between? :evil:

ungalukku vayasu koodiruchu :lol:

24th September 2008, 07:26 PM
Solo goundar appo appo kadi thaan..

he has acted around 500 films .. adhula oru 50 films kadiya irukkalam.. that is just 10% .. these things will be there for every legend

24th September 2008, 07:29 PM
yaarukkuthaan vayasu koodala.
I accept that maybe 10% of his roles may be watchable. 8-)

24th September 2008, 07:31 PM

director threadla, gemini nalla illai vattaram nalla irukkunu solreenga
idhula gounder 10% dhan comedy panrarunu solreenga..

:roll: :roll: :roll:

24th September 2008, 07:33 PM

director threadla, gemini nalla illai vattaram nalla irukkunu solreenga
idhula gounder 10% dhan comedy panrarunu solreenga..

:roll: :roll: :roll:

24th September 2008, 07:35 PM
sambandham illama pEsinaa keezhpaakkam thaan pOganum :P

24th September 2008, 07:39 PM
NOV,
Intha age la nagesh kitta irunthu naan perusa ethir paarkala.. Vayasu aana evvalavu periaya nadigaraala kooda nadukkathudan thaan nadikka mudiyum. Itha vachi justify pannla. But overall, I love to see his presence in the films :)

24th September 2008, 07:40 PM

vivasayi chennai'than.. avarukitta address vangikkanga :)

24th September 2008, 07:40 PM

naan andha pakkam ponadhilla raj...visaarichu soldren :lol:

24th September 2008, 07:42 PM

naan andha pakkam ponadhilla raj...visaarichu soldren :lol:

adhu OK.. "vandharai vazhavaikkanum" 8-)

24th September 2008, 07:43 PM
anegama indha post ellam dig'la pottuduvangannu ninaikkiraen :P

24th September 2008, 07:43 PM
Intha age la nagesh kitta irunthu naan perusa ethir paarkala.. Vayasu aana evvalavu periaya nadigaraala kooda nadukkathudan thaan nadikka mudiyum. Itha vachi justify pannla. But overall, I love to see his presence in the films :)not I.
I believe and advocate retirement when the going is good, immaterial whether it is sivaji or ilaiyaraja or nagesh.

24th September 2008, 08:10 PM
Any youtube link for chatrapathi comedy :?

24th September 2008, 08:30 PM

what film is this from???

Senthil would say : My dear son :rotfl:

Senthil was hilarious in Veera with SS

Govinda Govinda chanting by SS & Senthil was just :rotfl2:

24th September 2008, 08:41 PM
i remember him saying "yenunga magane" too.. but now am confused about the film name

24th September 2008, 08:42 PM
nagesh at 19 - Kooti sadhiyin uchaam :P :twisted:

24th September 2008, 08:46 PM

Nagesh comedy'ah TV'la potta channel'ah mathuravanga ellam nagesh'ku vote potruppanga!!!!

vivek'ah rasikkiravanga ellam vivek'ku vote podalai...

EKSI :P

24th September 2008, 09:00 PM
ithanai pErai list pOtu irukeenga, Chandrababu-vai vituteengaLe...

24th September 2008, 09:01 PM
nagesh at 19 - Kooti sadhiyin uchaam :P :twisted:
:evil:

15 vote anAmaththA pOyirukku

24th September 2008, 09:02 PM
:redjump: :bluejump:

24th September 2008, 09:03 PM
adhukku badhila vEra yaarukkum pOtturaadheenga
koLgai pidippOda irunga

24th September 2008, 09:03 PM
koLgai pidippOda irunga

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

24th September 2008, 09:04 PM
koLgai pidippOda irunga

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

24th September 2008, 09:04 PM
koLgai pidippOda irunga PR: :) My second best is Thangavelu, avarukku vote pOtutEnE ...

24th September 2008, 09:05 PM
koLgai pidippOda irunga PR: :) My second best is Thangavelu, avarukku vote pOtutEnE ...

good! :D

24th September 2008, 09:05 PM
cha! what a miss! :argh:

24th September 2008, 09:06 PM
This thread is more funnier than the comedians themselves :lol2:

24th September 2008, 09:07 PM
Intha janakaraj kku oru vote yaravathu poda koodatha :( vote ilaama nikkaraar pavam.

I wont campaign for surulirajan though!

This thread is more funnier than the comedians themselves :lol2: Shakthi: true :)

madathukku ministryla oru edam parunga :notworthy:

24th September 2008, 09:09 PM
Where is kutti_anand, cedyblue and raikkonen ??

24th September 2008, 09:11 PM
Janakaraj was brilliant in Padikathavan (thangachiya naai kadichiducu pa) and Rajathi raja : all those rickshaw kaaran dialogues :rotfl: and also puthu puthu arthangaL

24th September 2008, 09:11 PM
PR, :lol:

Nerd, sri ranga is missing as well

Ennadhan goundsae pudichalum, vadivelkku vote potta Bala va mannichu vittaralam :lol2:

24th September 2008, 09:12 PM
So nagesh getting all the 19 votes weren't entirely convincing votes. Some of em are Anudhaaba votes :lol2: :yes:

24th September 2008, 09:16 PM
Lets pull a list of deserving comedians who werent added in the poll.

1) Senthil

2) Vkr

anybody else :huh:

24th September 2008, 09:17 PM
tr

tfmlover
24th September 2008, 09:17 PM

1) Senthil

2) Vkr

T K Muthuluckshmi , P S Saraswathy , Manorama , Sachu

24th September 2008, 09:21 PM
Unintentional comedians not allowed. Kadaseela ennayum kindal panna vechutaangalae :lol: .

tr

24th September 2008, 09:21 PM

1) Senthil

2) Vkr

T K Muthuluckshmi , P S Saraswathy , Manorama Chandrababu

tfmlover
24th September 2008, 09:30 PM

1) Senthil

2) Vkr

ennetha solli ennetha seiya anou

24th September 2008, 09:31 PM
TFM lover, Is that Maggie q in your avatar??

24th September 2008, 09:31 PM

1) Senthil

2) Vkr

ennetha solli ennetha seiya anou tfml, like you said all the female comedians seem to have been left out...

this is not fair NOV!

24th September 2008, 09:36 PM
thai kulangal ippadi oru aniyayathai thatti kekkama summa irupadhu engalukku varuthathai azhikiradhu :cry:

24th September 2008, 09:38 PM
Any fans of SS Chandran/ V A Moorthy here :P

24th September 2008, 09:43 PM
Where is kutti_anand, cedyblue and raikkonen ??
Show cause notice anuppaNum. :x

24th September 2008, 09:44 PM
Raikki

Sappan - la irukaagha :lol:

24th September 2008, 09:45 PM
Any fans of SS Chandran/ V A Moorthy here :P Not SSC. I hate him. Borefest. :x

VAM can be quite funny sometimes. Was discussed some pages ago.

24th September 2008, 09:47 PM
Raikki
Oh MayilSami-muppAththA pOnA adhE sappAnA ?

NOV, oru thabAl vote sEththukkunga GM'kku.

24th September 2008, 09:48 PM
Illenga idhu nesa sappan

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1415823&highlight=#1415823 :lol:

Raikki
Oh MayilSami-muppAththA pOnA adhE sappAnA ?

NOV, oru thabAl vote sEththukkunga GM'kku.

24th September 2008, 09:51 PM
af,

mayilsamiyum mupaathalum nesamana saapanukuthan ponanga

thuni kadakaaran(after gounder shopped for 995 rupees!):"innum 5 roobaiku edhavadhu vaangikonga"

gounder:"rendu idli...thengai chatney kudu"

24th September 2008, 09:53 PM
yaaru andha mayilsaami, muppathaa? :roll:

24th September 2008, 09:55 PM

mayil saamy pondaati mupaatha

muppaatha purusan mayilsaamy

sapaanuku kalyanaraman ponappa indha rendu perum ddoooor ponanga

idhathan whiterice vellachamy pala varudangal kazhithu "i aaammm wwooorld dooorrr" apdinu nyabaga paduthinaru.

24th September 2008, 09:59 PM
ayagO ! :x

munusAmy: ennayyA sattai idhu
MayilsAmi: kiLi pachchai-la oru sattai vachchirukkEn...enga oor thiruvizhaavukkallaam adhai thaan pOttuttu pOven...indha kazhudhai ------ kittai sonnEn, eduththuttu vara mAttEntA :lol:
munusAmy: flight-la Erunadhum nallA EthikinyA ?
mayilsAmi: konduvandhu kuduthAnga...kudikkalainnA thappA ninaippAngannu dhaan :lol:

munsAmy: idhu dhaan muppAthALA ?
MayilSami: ei....oorle naalu pErai esagu pisagA vettirukkEn :rotfl:

24th September 2008, 10:01 PM
ayagO ! :x

munusAmy: ennayyA sattai idhu
MayilsAmi: kiLi pachchai-la oru sattai vachchirukkEn...enga oor thiruvizhaavukkallaam adhai thaan pOttuttu pOven...indha kazhudhai ------ kittai sonnEn, eduththuttu vara mAttEntA :lol:
munusAmy: flight-la Erunadhum nallA EthikinyA ?
mayilsAmi: konduvandhu kuduthAnga...kudikkalainnA thappA ninaippAngannu dhaan :lol:

munsAmy: idhu dhaan muppAthALA ?
MayilSami: ei....oorle naalu pErai esagu pisagA vettirukkEn :rotfl:

i was about to post this kilipachai comedy..u mundhified..

equanimus
24th September 2008, 10:03 PM

NOV,
I guess it'd not be of much help if you access Goundamani as a comedian in the classical sense, as someone in the lineage of comedians like Nagesh, going by the number of jokes per minute, so to say. His jokes are all over the place, and never in the lines. Goundamani works outside the plot, outside the scene and outside the character he is playing. His persona overarches everything else. Total irreverence, brutal sarcasm and outright contempt for all the characters alike. The artistic bankruptcy of the filmmakers of his heyday worked so damn well for him. They just couldn't exercise any control over him and he always played the same character, someone who's out there to mock at everything within the frame.

But wait, his humour is not of the spoof kind at all. He's not a stand-in for the audience retroactively mocking at the film. He's simply on his own trip. innaikku kAlaila pArththa oru comedy scene. From 'Sethupathi IPS'.

Senthil: "nAn ungaLa adichchA makkaL Eththukka mAttAngaNNEn."
Goundamani: "dEi, avanunga EththukkuttA enna, EththukkalainnA enna dA?"

This is the sort of spirit he carried in his comedies.

Personally, I enjoy him the most when he's right in the middle of the film mocking at it! He simply obliterates every bit of self-righteousness in the film ("yOv, thirudan 'nnA, ungaLukku enna avvaLavu eLakkAramA pOchchA? engaLukkum mAnam mAriyAththA, sUdu sUlAyudham, vekka vElAyudham ellAmE irukkuyyA."), sometimes actively advocating against the very existence of a film like that.

But then, he's in the film... Many a time, it works like a searing inside-critique of the film itself. Remember his hilarious retorts to Vijayakumar who wears his nErmai on his sleeve in 'Walter Vetrivel'?

24th September 2008, 10:10 PM
equanimus

honestly :notworthy:

every point is valid

24th September 2008, 10:11 PM
Equanimus

Very good post :)

24th September 2008, 10:16 PM
Very well said equanimus.

As an inside-critique he borders on being dangerous.

VillAdhi Villain

Sathyaraj (in all seriousness): indha vakkeel vEnaam...naanE vaadhaadikkarEn
GM: ahn...aadu....adduppA....nee maattinadhu oru pickpocker case-A irundhaal aadalaam....OdalAm...oru trial vuttu pAkkalAm
(thereby bringing down the seriousness built up thus far...first scene where the hero and the conservative lawyer Sathyaraj meet)

-----

After having built up the older Sathyaraj as a kind of simma-soppanAm...GM comments in court
GM: Iyer pEchchula ellAm sari dhaan...aanaa loLLu dhaan adhigam

Preceded by the SastigaL kichichiruvAru scene (no questions) where he slaps the bystander :rotfl:

He is a potential threat to any hardworking screenwriter - blowing down the castle of cards.

24th September 2008, 10:25 PM
Annan anja singam fans

please analyze the latest post in gounder thread. Gounder himself plays as 2 birathaars :lol:

24th September 2008, 10:49 PM
Any fans of SS Chandran/ V A Moorthy here :P
Was just about to post this...
VAM missing from the list is also a blasphemy

24th September 2008, 10:54 PM
There are so many inconsistencies, blasphemies and veli naatu sadhi's in this poll. So please cancel the polling now and announce annan GM as the winner :yes:

24th September 2008, 11:00 PM
One of VAM's best: sivaramakrishnaganapathysubramaniya, sirAkikasu :lol:

I can tolerate SSC. And he was genuinely funny in a few pANdiyarajan/ramarajan/mohan films 8-)

24th September 2008, 11:03 PM
குறைந்த பட்ச பொது செயல்திட்டம் நல்லா தான்யா ஒர்கவுட் ஆகுது :)

24th September 2008, 11:12 PM
T K Muthuluckshmi , P S Saraswathy , Manorama

tfml, like you said all the female comedians seem to have been left out...

this is not fair NOV!

Why leave out Kovai SaraLa? ('கெரகம்' / 'என்ன சண்ட, என்ன சண்ட?' :-) )

25th September 2008, 05:54 AM
to the question of "why leave out" unfortunately the poll can only carry a max of 10 nominees. I tried to cover every period, and thats why the lapse. :shaking:

whoever feels thier fav comedian is missing in this list, are requested to make a protest vote for nagesh.

25th September 2008, 05:57 AM
equanimus, thanks for your thoughts. as usual, most of my posts in this thread are made with tongue firmly in cheek. If indeed you insist on my listing my favs, I have already done so a few days ago. ;)

from the list, my ranking would be

1. Nagesh
2. Thangavelu
3. Cho
4. Vivek
5. Goundamani
6. SV Shekar
7. Vadivelu
8. NS Krishnan
9. Janakaraj
10. Surulirajan

25th September 2008, 06:09 AM
whoever feels thier fav comedian is missing in this list, are requested to make a protest vote for nagesh.

:lol: :thumbsup:

25th September 2008, 09:23 AM
to the question of "why leave out" unfortunately the poll can only carry a max of 10 nominees. I tried to cover every period, and thats why the lapse. :shaking:

19 votes ippadithaan kidaichudhaa :evil:

25th September 2008, 09:38 AM
[tscii:7ba27d59f2]தமிழ்சினிமாவில் காமெடி நடிகைகள் குறைவு-ஏன்? தமிழில் குறிப்பிடத்தக்க காமெடி நடிகைகள் என்றால்

டி ஏ மதுரம்
டி பி முத்துலட்சுமி
மனோரமா
ஈ வி சரோஜா
சச்சு
காந்திமதி
ஊர்வசி
கோவை சரளா
கல்பனா
ஆர்த்தி

முதலானோரை சொல்லலாம். இதுதவிர கனகா (விரலுக்கேத்த வீக்கம்), சுவாதி (அசத்தல்) போன்ற நாயகிகள் மார்க்கட் போனபின் காமெடி செய்தனர்.

ஷகிலா,ஷீத்தல் – ஜல்லிக்கட்டு காளை
ஜோதிமீனா - பரம்பரை
பாபிலோனா - அசத்தல்
போன்ற கவர்ச்சி நடிகைகள் சில படங்களில் காமெடி செய்தனர்.

ஆனால் காமெடி நடிகர்களுடன் ஒப்பிட்டால் இவர்களின் எண்ணிக்கை மிகக்குறைவு. ஏன் பெண்களுக்கு நகைச்சுவை உணர்வு குறைவா?. அதில்லை காரணம்.

ஸ்கிரிப்ட் ரைட்டர்

காமெடிக்கு வலுவான ஸ்கிரிப்ட் அவசியம். சில இயக்குநர்களே அதில் மன்னர்கள். இல்லையெனில் ஸ்கிரிப்ட் ரைட்டர் துணை தேவை. எடுத்துக்காட்டாக

கலைவானர் – தானே எழுதும் ஆற்றல் கொண்டவர்
நாகேஷ் – ஸ்ரீதர்,பாலசந்தர் போன்றோரின் படங்களில் மின்னிய
அளவுக்கு மற்ற படங்களை சொல்ல முடியாது.

கவுண்ட மணி – ராஜகோபால்

விவேக் – பிரசன்னகுமார் (தற்போது மறைந்து விட்டார்),
செல்முருகன்

வடிவேலு – சிங்கமுத்து, அல்வா வாசு, போண்டா மணி,
லஷ்மண் போன்றோருடன் குழு விவாதம்

மேற்கூறிய அனைவரும் சுயமாக காமெடி செய்யக்கூடியவர்கள் என்றாலும் ரைட்டர் துணை தேவைப்படுகிறது. பெண்கள் இவ்வாறு இயங்குவதில் நடைமுறை சிக்கல்கள் அதிகம்.

குழுவாக இயங்குதல்

தமிழ் சினிமாவில் பெண்களுக்கு நாயகி/குணசித்திர வேடம், பிண்ணனி பாடுதல்/பேசுதல், நடன இயக்கம் ஒரளவு எளிது. மற்ற துறைகள் குழுவாக இயங்குபவை. நேரம் காலம் கிடையாது. மற்றவர்களின் ஒத்துழைப்பு மிக அவசியம். எ.கா. டைரக்ஷன்,ஒளிப்பதிவு, கலை. இத்துறைகளில் பல துறையினரின்
ஒத்துழைப்பு தேவைப்படும். காமெடியும் அது போலத்தான். பிற நடிகர்களுடன் ரிகர்சல், விவாதம் தேவை. இல்லையெனில் சொதப்பிவிடும். பலரால் இதுபோல் செய்ய முடிவதில்லை. இயக்குநர் காமெடியன் கெமிஸ்டரி கட்டாயம் தேவை.

வடிவேல், சுந்தர் சி – வின்னர், இரண்டு
வடிவேல், சுராஜ் - தலைநகரம், மருதமலை

இவை மற்ற வடிவேல் படங்களை விட பெரிதும் பேசப்பட்டவை. ஆனால் நடிகைகளுடன் அத்தகைய ரேப்போ கிரியேட் செய்வது கடினம்.

மொழி

காமெடிக்கு தமிழ் நன்கு தெரிய வேண்டும். அர்த்தம் புரிந்து பேச வேண்டும். மற்றவர்கள் பேசுவது புரிந்து ரியாக்ட் செய்ய வேண்டும். இல்லையெனில் டைமிங் அமையாது மற்றவர்களை வைத்து வசனம் டப் செய்ய இயலாது. இது மற்ற மாநிலத்தவர்களை தடுத்து விடுகிறது. (விதிவிலக்கு ஊர்வசி,கல்பனா ஆனால் தமிழ் நன்கு கைவரப்பெற்ற பின்னரே இவர்கள் காமெடி செய்ய தொடங்கினர்)

சமுதாய மதிப்பு

பெண்கள் கதாநாயகியாக இருப்பதையே அவர்கள் மனம் விரும்பும். சமுதாயத்தில் ஹீரோவுக்கும் காமெடியனுக்கும் உள்ள மரியாதை வேறுபாடு அனைவருக்கும் தெரியும். காமெடி சீனுக்காக அவலட்சணமாக தோன்ற வேண்டும். இரட்டை அர்த்த வசனம் பேச வேண்டும் போன்ற நிர்ப்பந்தங்கள் உள்ளன. இது பெண்களை கூச்சப்படுத்தும் ஒன்று. கவர்ச்சி உடை அணிந்து ஆட தயாராக உள்ள பெண்கள் கூட நாலு பேருக்கு முன்னால் இரட்டை அர்த்தத்தில் பேச தயங்குவர். குறிப்பிட்ட அனுபவத்துக்கு பின்னரே காமெடி கைகூடும். இதற்கு கல்யாண பிரச்சினை தடைக்கல்லாக அமைகிறது. தன் மனைவி காமெடியாக நடிக்க போவதை எத்தனை ஆண்கள் விரும்புவார்கள்?

டி ஏ மதுரம், ஈ வி சரோஜா – கணவர் காமெடியன்கள்
சச்சு, கோவை சரளா - திருமணம் செய்யவில்லை

சம்பளம்

கதாநாயகி/கவர்ச்சி நாயகிகளின் சம்பளம் நகைச்சுவை நாயகிகளை விட அதிகம். நயன்தாரா 1 கோடி. ஆர்த்தி - ?.
இவர்கள் காலம் முழுவதும் சம்பாதிப்பதை அவர்கள் இரண்டாண்டில் எடுத்து விடுவார்கள்.

இதுபோன்ற காரணங்களால்தான் கடந்த 40 ஆண்டுகளில் 4 நல்ல காமெடி நடிகைகள் கூட வரவில்லை. எஸ் வி சேகர், கிரேஸி மோகன் நாடக குழுவில் கூட சிலரை வைத்தே ஒப்பேற்றினர். ஆனால் இப்போது டிவி நகைச்சுவை நிகழ்ச்சிகளால் உமா ரியாஸ் போன்றோரும்.நகைச்சுவை தொடர்கள் மற்றும் புரிதல் காரணமாக தேவதர்ஷினி (பார்த்திபன் கனவு), தீபா வெங்கட் (ஜெயம் கொண்டான்) போன்றோரும் பொரிய திரைக்கு வருகிறார்கள். இது தொடர வேண்டும். சன்னை போலவே கலைஞரும் காமெடி சானல் துவக்கவிருப்பதால் இனி இது அதிகமாகும் என்றே தோன்றுகிறது.

http://muralikkannan.blogspot.com/2008/09/blog-post_5324.html[/tscii:7ba27d59f2]

25th September 2008, 10:11 AM

admk pidikaati jeyalalithavuku voteu poduvangala..enna logic idhu. :lol:

anbargale...the poll was started by NOV...so vote against his fav comedian and register ur protest ...the best way is to voe for the winning candidate gounds

25th September 2008, 10:26 AM
I am reminded of Omakuchi's reply to Goundamani after the Infamous "arasiyalla idhellam ..... " :rotfl:
That is not the solution. Members should arrive on a consensus on the final 10 list of comedians and then a fresh poll should start. Appo paakalam real results ennannu :lol2:

25th September 2008, 11:48 AM
What a naansense poll is this :evil: Idhai naan miga vanmaiyAga kandikkiREn :twisted:

25th September 2008, 11:50 AM
What a naansense poll is this :evil: Idhai naan miga vanmaiyAga kandikkiREn :twisted:

Ennamo pannunga. Athoada saerthu Koundamani kku vote pannidunga :mrgreen: Yaennaa eppadiyum Vivek Jeyikka poarathu illa :yessir:

25th September 2008, 12:04 PM

Ennamo pannunga. Athoada saerthu Koundamani kku vote pannidunga :mrgreen: Yaennaa eppadiyum Vivek Jeyikka poarathu illa :yessir: sariyA sonneenga.

Roshan, ungaL ponnaana vaakkai veeNadikkAdheergaL :wink:

25th September 2008, 12:06 PM
PR,TM,
Unga rendu perayum ethirkkavaavathu avanga nagesh-kku poduvanga :)

25th September 2008, 12:07 PM
PR,TM,

Vaenumnaa paarunga, unga intha postkku :poke: pannittu Koundamani kku vote panna poaraanga :rotfl:

25th September 2008, 12:10 PM
motham 58 voteaaa :roll: verendha poll layum imbuttu votes pathadhillaye :evil: minimum 19 vote aavadhu kalla vote dhaan

25th September 2008, 12:11 PM
Booth-kkulla vanthu canvas panna koodathu :evil:

25th September 2008, 12:12 PM
motham 58 voteaaa :roll: verendha poll layum imbuttu votes pathadhillaye :evil: minimum 19 vote aavadhu kalla vote dhaan minimum illai 'exact'-A 19 :P

25th September 2008, 12:13 PM
PR - sp akka 4 kalla vote SVS kku pottadha marandhutteenga :P

25th September 2008, 12:13 PM

25th September 2008, 12:14 PM
motham 58 voteaaa :roll: verendha poll layum imbuttu votes pathadhillaye :evil: minimum 19 vote aavadhu kalla vote dhaan minimum illai 'exact'-A 19 :P

Ippa uLLa generation kittayirunthu Nagesh vaangina 19 vote 190 votes -kku samam :yes: :poke:

SP where is the hammer :lol2:

25th September 2008, 12:16 PM
Ippa uLLa generation kittayirunthu Nagesh vaangina 19 vote 190 votes -kku samam :yes: :poke:

"prachanai ellAm oNNuthAn!" :poke:

25th September 2008, 12:16 PM
PR,TM,

I have voted for Vivek anyway (thanks Maddy for directing me to this thread). But I did not have time to check the entire poll and the posts here. ippathAn ellAm pArthEn :evil:

Hub'la female hubbers romba kammi - adhuleyum TF section'la innum kammi - so obviously there is no room for Vivek.

SVS is ahead of Vivek and Vadivelu :lol2: idhuleyE theriyuthu poll latchanam :evil:

25th September 2008, 12:17 PM

:exactly: :cool: