PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Actress

Pages : 1 [2]

rangan_08
17th October 2008, 04:37 PM
There are two females in Kadhalikka Neramillai na?What is the name of the lady who plays Ravichandran's pair?

Kanchanaa...

no.. kanchanaa was Muthuraman's pair... the one venki is asking about is Rajshri.. :D

i have already clarified that doubtu.. :D

Shakthiprabha.
17th October 2008, 04:37 PM
I hate that gk too, but I admire vanishree despite gk :|

Shakthiprabha.
17th October 2008, 04:38 PM
kalki's kundavai would sport gk. athai parthu thaan ivanga elaam copy adichirupaanga :rotfl2:

P_R
17th October 2008, 04:38 PM
Vanishri, my pet aversion :x
Next only to Bhanumathi.

rangan_08
17th October 2008, 04:39 PM
I hate that gk too, but I admire vanishree despite gk :|

That's fine. She does those naughty & " Vaayadi " roles with elan.

Shakthiprabha.
17th October 2008, 04:41 PM
what is/who is elan :?

wow pr :thumbsup:

rangan_08
17th October 2008, 04:43 PM
Next only to Bhanumathi.

..unlike the reel Bhanu, who is one of your fav. :)

ShereneAndrew
17th October 2008, 04:44 PM
There are two females in Kadhalikka Neramillai na?What is the name of the lady who plays Ravichandran's pair?

Kanchanaa...

no.. kanchanaa was Muthuraman's pair... the one venki is asking about is Rajshri.. :D

i have already clarified that doubtu.. :D

we posted at the same time.. :roll:

rangan_08
17th October 2008, 04:45 PM

sp, elan means ....... elan. :)

sorry, it means dashing, vivacious ...

leosimha
17th October 2008, 04:45 PM

elan means with ease.. very easily.... with some stylish way....

rangan_08
17th October 2008, 04:46 PM
we posted at the same time.. :roll:

:cool2:

P_R
17th October 2008, 04:46 PM
wow pr :thumbsup: :? I thought you liked Vanishri

Shakthiprabha.
17th October 2008, 04:47 PM
coooool added to my dic :D, I thought its short form of ilango or some thamizh word :oops:

Shakthiprabha.
17th October 2008, 04:47 PM

I was appreciating our taste differences :D

P_R
17th October 2008, 04:49 PM
Oh appidiyA :-)

sarna_blr
17th October 2008, 04:51 PM

I was appreciating our taste differences :D

:2thumbsup: SP akka , only u fosifle :poke: :yessir:

Shakthiprabha.
17th October 2008, 04:52 PM
:oops:

m_23_bayarea
19th October 2008, 01:32 AM
"Gorgeous" would be an understatement for this actress... If only she was a heroine at this day and age, I'm sure she would have reached better heights than in those days!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez6PuqXTRO8&feature=related

Check it out for yourself! :P

Shakthiprabha.
19th October 2008, 01:34 AM
vijaya. yes :).
very BEAUTIFUL.

bsriharsha2000
1st November 2008, 06:01 AM
Padmabhosan Dr. Sarojadevi is the most talented actress in this century

she did all kind of roles with excellent performance
Wonderful beauty
Maintain her body perfectly all time

Dr sarojadevi is an evergreen great actress

groucho070
1st November 2008, 09:05 AM
she did all kind of roles with excellent performance
Wonderful beauty
Maintain her body perfectly all time

Dr sarojadevi is an evergreen great actress

Sometimes we get carried away when emotional. Saroja Devi did limited kind of roles and did them very well. But her roles have been limited.

It would be different, say compared to Jayalalitha who played conservative, glamourous roles, have played kind hearted and treacherous types as well.

She went head to head with NT in Savale Samali and Pattikaadaa Pattanamaa, and sat side by side with NT in comedies like Kalatta Kalyanam and Sumathi En Sundhari....and watched MGR fight bad guys, scared the living daylights out of Jai Shankar in Neeyaa, ruined Muthuraman's ego in Suryaghandhi, went to extreme glamour exciting Asohan in Vairam, and the list goes on. I like JJ as an actress. Now, that is a variety of roles, no?

rangan_08
1st November 2008, 09:35 AM
She went head to head with NT in Savale Samali and Pattikaadaa Pattanamaa, and sat side by side with NT in comedies like Kalatta Kalyanam and Sumathi En Sundhari....and watched MGR fight bad guys,

Yes. She was a perfect bill for " taming the shrew" kind of roles. I think she was the only heroine to challenge both the " thilagams " at the same time in films. Look at her teasing MT in Ragasiya Police - sheer fun.

However, in the end, as per TFI's un-written law, she would " adangufy " to the male factor in the end, is a different story.

groucho070
1st November 2008, 09:51 AM
However, in the end, as per TFI's un-written law, she would " adangufy " to the male factor in the end, is a different story.

TFI-vaa? Illa Culturalla? At the end she did become CM and rule everyone :D But that is a different matter, different subject.

If there is one person who can receive the torch as an actress from Jalayalalitha, I'd say Nayanthara. An all-rounder, not necessarily good at everything, but she can be pushed to be a great, versatile actress a-la JJ. Unfortunately, the very TFI unwritten rule you mentioned still exist. If there is a Tamizh version of Lara Croft or Resident Evil, you know whose callsheet to ask for.

Coming back to JJ, I absolutely adored her in Pattikatta Pattinamaa...because how her role grew in my mind over the years. When I was a kid, it was a vampy role. She's a bad gal. But as I watch it again...I realise that its not her fault. And NT's character knows that, he falls in love with her, and wants her back, but ended up poking his own eyes because he did not understood that her attitude, outlook has nothing to do with her affection for this Kudumi-uncle. When she comes back to be accepted, you actually want NT to take her back. Before NT has forgiven her...we already did. Such is her performance. Wonderful, wonderful underappreciated performance (we should applaud NT the co-star to to let her loose like that).

rangan_08
1st November 2008, 10:06 AM
TFI-vaa? Illa Culturalla?

kozhiyilirundhu muttaya ?? ........... :D

If there is one person who can receive the torch as an actress from Jalayalalitha, I'd say Nayanthara. An all-rounder, not necessarily good at everything, but she can be pushed to be a great, versatile actress a-la JJ. Unfortunately, the very TFI unwritten rule you mentioned still exist. If there is a Tamizh version of Lara Croft or Resident Evil, you know whose callsheet to ask for.

hmmm....Radha comes to my mind !

Coming back to JJ, I absolutely adored her in Pattikatta Pattinamaa...because how her role grew in my mind over the years.

I enjoy the way she says " damn country brutes " everytime & then blasting the servants with her "London" english :)

(we should applaud NT the co-star to to let her loose like that).

he was always very generous in that aspect.

sarna_blr
1st November 2008, 10:44 AM
It would be different, say compared to Jayalalitha who played conservative, glamourous roles, have played kind hearted and treacherous types as well.

She went head to head with NT in Savale Samali and Pattikaadaa Pattanamaa, and sat side by side with NT in comedies like Kalatta Kalyanam and Sumathi En Sundhari....and watched MGR fight bad guys, scared the living daylights out of Jai Shankar in Neeyaa, ruined Muthuraman's ego in Suryaghandhi, went to extreme glamour exciting Asohan in Vairam, and the list goes on. I like JJ as an actress. Now, that is a variety of roles, no?

ellaam saridhaan, aanaa Sarojadevi kitta irundha :) andha charm irundhirundhaa innum better'aa irundhirukkum :P

but I like Uyarthiru CM Jayalalitha ( But that is a different matter, different subject :wink: )

sarna_blr
1st November 2008, 10:51 AM
love birds love birds love birds thakadhimithaa :bow: :bow:

kaalai kayyai iduppai odiththu neliththu Padminiyamma naattiyam aaduvaanga :) but puruvam , kannam , udhadu'nu ippadi mugaththil navarasam pozhiya kangal'layE naattiyam aaduvaanga enga Saroja devi :bow: :bow:

avangalukkappuram enga Swathy mattum dhaan kangalaalai kondu naattiyam aaduraanga :bow: :bow:

Vivasaayi
1st November 2008, 02:04 PM
saroja devi...shabaaaaa

very few of her roles could be appreciated..others were veryu simiar to the present days jothika laila type roles

savithiri :notworthy:

thamizhvaanan
1st November 2008, 02:15 PM
If there is one person who can receive the torch as an actress from Jalayalalitha, I'd say Nayanthara. An all-rounder, not necessarily good at everything, but she can be pushed to be a great, versatile actress a-la JJ.

:shock: :!:

sarna_blr
1st November 2008, 03:50 PM
saroja devi...shabaaaaa

very few of her roles could be appreciated..others were veryu simiar to the present days jothika laila type roles

savithiri : notworthy :

anga : bow : pOttirukkanum :lol2: j/k

Seriously speaking Savithiri is very good and excellent actress :D no second thought :) NT'ya paaththu , nadippula nee enmunnaala bachchaadaa'nu savaal vittu sollakkoodiya thagudhi nadigaigalil Saavithiri'ku mattum dhaan undu 8-) eg Navaraathiri ( oru paana sOththukku oru sOru padham - so only one example :) ) male chauvinist cine industry'la oru nadigai indhalavukku saadhichchadhE periya vishayam 8-)

but physic dhaan :sigh2: vEnaam :oops:

Anban
1st November 2008, 07:07 PM
saroja devi...shabaaaaa

savithiri : notworthy :

anga : bow : pOttirukkanum :lol2: j/k

Seriously speaking Savithiri is very good and excellent actress :D no second thought :) NT'ya paaththu , nadippula nee enmunnaala bachchaadaa'nu savaal vittu sollakkoodiya thagudhi nadigaigalil Saavithiri'ku mattum dhaan undu 8-) eg Navaraathiri ( oru paana sOththukku oru sOru padham - so only one example :) ) male chauvinist cine industry'la oru nadigai indhalavukku saadhichchadhE periya vishayam 8-)

but physic dhaan :sigh2: vEnaam :oops: :lol: Saavithree nadicha padangalil, ungalukku therinjathu Navaraathiri mattum thaan pola..

VENKIRAJA
1st November 2008, 07:18 PM
saroja devi...shabaaaaa

Same thoughts. Saroja Devi and Jayalalitha were plain irrirtating. Savithri and Padmini are the best. :notworthy:

bsriharsha2000
1st November 2008, 10:55 PM
saroja devi...shabaaaaa

Same thoughts. Saroja Devi and Jayalalitha were plain irrirtating. Savithri and Padmini are the best. :notworthy:

Sarojadevi is still evergreen actress

Some actress became top and became great for some period

But For Sarojadevi she is always top and become great

In her period every one like her

Even recent Survey in tamil Nadhu

She was the top in the list "" Makala Manathai Kavanthervarkal'' (that survey covered including old and new artists)

There is no actress in south cinema equalent to her

no need to argue in this

Vivasaayi
1st November 2008, 11:18 PM
Sarojadevi is still evergreen actress

Some actress became top and became great for some period

But For Sarojadevi she is always top and become great

In her period every one like her

Even recent Survey in tamil Nadhu

She was the top in the list "" Makala Manathai Kavanthervarkal'' (that survey covered including old and new artists)

There is no actress in south cinema equalent to her

no need to argue in this

evergreena?...lol

tamilcinemala yarume apdi kedayadhu..including the heroes..comedy panaadheenga saarrr..saroja devi book vena evergreen nu sollalam

sarna_blr
1st November 2008, 11:20 PM
.saroja devi book vena evergreen nu sollalam

yov :twisted: enga vandhu enna pEsura :lol2:

Vivasaayi
1st November 2008, 11:22 PM
edit pannidataa? :roll:

sarna_blr
1st November 2008, 11:22 PM

freeya vidunga :)

fanatic 'kum fan'kum idhu dhaan vidhyaasam

Fan vandhu X'um sirandhavar'nu solvaan
Fanatic vandhu X mattum dhaan sirandhavar :lol2: matravanellaam soththainu solvaan :lol:

HonestRaj
1st November 2008, 11:58 PM

andha book'oda editor'ah nee?

bsriharsha2000
2nd November 2008, 04:20 AM

freeya vidunga :)

fanatic 'kum fan'kum idhu dhaan vidhyaasam

Fan vandhu X'um sirandhavar'nu solvaan
Fanatic vandhu X mattum dhaan sirandhavar :lol2: matravanellaam soththainu solvaan :lol:

let we forget that guy

he (vivasaayi} knows only that book

Vivasaayi
2nd November 2008, 09:56 AM

andha book'oda editor'ah nee?

dondernaaaaaa?

Vivasaayi
2nd November 2008, 09:57 AM
let we forget that guy

he (vivasaayi} knows only that book

ohhh..ungaluku andha maadhiri neraya book theriyumooo? :roll:

:lol:

ok...saroja devi is good in some of her earlier movies like kalyana parisu(debut??),pagapirivinai types

but other than that...she is plain irritating!

who can forget the spoof that manorama and balachander pulled off very well on saroja devi...

ponga saarrr...ipidi pesinathan ellarukum piddikkum" :lol:

Vivasaayi
2nd November 2008, 10:08 AM
I think manorama would be undoubtedly the best actress in tamil cinema ever by miles...as even the top heroines with over 100 movies in their filmography have not been as versatile as manorama.

my pics apart from aachi would be

saavithiri
lakshmi
sridevi(esp in romance)
shoba
oorvasi(for comedy)
revathy

sn lakshmi is another actress who has been versatile thru out especially in rajkamal productions

thriinone
2nd November 2008, 12:08 PM
enakku enikkum Padminiamma.

bsriharsha2000
2nd November 2008, 10:39 PM
I think manorama would be undoubtedly the best actress in tamil cinema ever by miles...as even the top heroines with over 100 movies in their filmography have not been as versatile as manorama.

my pics apart from aachi would be

saavithiri
lakshmi
sridevi(esp in romance)
shoba
oorvasi(for comedy)
revathy

sn lakshmi is another actress who has been versatile thru out especially in rajkamal productions

Manorama may be an good actress but not as heroine

there are many actress with emotional acting other than heroine in tamil cinema
far better than manorama
P Kanambaa
Badaripai
M Rajamma

You may be knot known you know manorama only because she is still acting in some rolls

''Alaiiyla uruku ilupaipoo chakarai"" - Manorama

thamizhvaanan
3rd November 2008, 08:27 AM
saroja devi...shabaaaaa

You guyz liked padmini? I cant tolerate her acting :banghead:

HonestRaj
3rd November 2008, 08:38 AM
saroja devi...shabaaaaa

You guyz liked padmini? I cant tolerate her acting :banghead:

Y.. kannu koosuma.... bcoz she was nattiya paer oLi

groucho070
3rd November 2008, 09:31 AM
[tscii:9232482798]

saroja devi...shabaaaaa

Not knocking on SD, but she mostly did “safe” roles. Even her cop role in Puthiya Paravai could have been shown as more conflicted…her “Gopal…” rant become butt of mimic artistes joke now. But she was good in it…how to hold candle to the greatest actor Tamizh film had ever produced…alongside another great character artiste?

I will not call any of the lead actress of that time as irritating. They all had their strength. Of course, we all know about Savithiri as Nadigaiyar Thilagam…though she did not last long. Padhmini is versatile too, though she did not show her glamourous side in Tamizh.

Another actress missing in the discussion is Sowkar Janaki. She can be glamourous too…albeit without showing much skin at all. Her glamour in Puthiya Paravai and in Uyarntha Manidhan for instance. Great performance…unfortunately she is only known for pathos. Too bad….she could have been a great comedian (Show stealer in Thillu Mullu).

But in my heart, I will always have a special place for JJ the actress.
[/tscii:9232482798]

HonestRaj
3rd November 2008, 09:54 AM
[tscii:5bea5ca349]
her “Gopal…” rant become butt of mimic artistes joke now.

:lol: I can visualize it now.[/tscii:5bea5ca349]

Vivasaayi
3rd November 2008, 12:31 PM
far better than manorama
P Kanambaa
Badaripai
M Rajamma

You may be knot known you know manorama only because she is still acting in some rolls

so manorama can only do emotional roles?... :lol:
enna kaamedy idhu?

regarding ur thought that im ignorant abt kannamba and co...."1950s la release aana padatha paakanumna 50 ku munaadi porakanumnu illa..tvla potappa paatha podhum" :lol2:

Jyothsna
3rd November 2008, 04:49 PM

yaru petha pullaiyo...thannapola polambitu iruku..

Raikkonen
3rd November 2008, 06:22 PM
Manorama may be an good actress but not as heroine

far better than manorama
P Kanambaa
Badaripai
M Rajamma

Alaiyulla ooru ethunnu sollunga, anga poi naanga heroines pathukirom.

Sourav
6th November 2008, 06:47 AM
Bhavana 6-6-86
Simran 4-4-76
Asin 26-10-85
Trisha 4-10-82
Nayanthara 18-11-86
Reema 29-10-81
Shreya 11-9-82
Sandhya 6-11-90
Namitha 10-5-80

//General Knowledge is very important.... :exactly: //

Thalafanz
6th November 2008, 06:52 AM
Bhavana 6-6-86
Simran 4-4-76
Asin 26-10-85
Trisha 4-10-82
Nayanthara 18-11-86
Reema 29-10-81
Shreya 11-9-82
Sandhya 6-11-90
Namitha 10-5-80

Enna orE numbers-A irukku. :roll:

ajithfederer
6th November 2008, 06:53 AM
dha ...bhaa ...yoga , remba over :twisted:

Bhavana 6-6-86
Simran 4-4-76
Asin 26-10-85
Trisha 4-10-82
Nayanthara 18-11-86
Reema 29-10-81
Shreya 11-9-82
Sandhya 6-11-90
Namitha 10-5-80

Sourav
6th November 2008, 06:56 AM
Bhavana 6-6-86
Simran 4-4-76
Asin 26-10-85
Trisha 4-10-82
Nayanthara 18-11-86
Reema 29-10-81
Shreya 11-9-82
Sandhya 6-11-90
Namitha 10-5-80

Enna orE numbers-A irukku. :roll: Ithellam avanga b'day-vaam...apdinu oru sms vanthuchu...athan hub-la post panna neraya perukku useful-a irukkumenu...

Sourav
6th November 2008, 06:59 AM

Bhavana 6-6-86
Simran 4-4-76
Asin 26-10-85
Trisha 4-10-82
Nayanthara 18-11-86
Reema 29-10-81
Shreya 11-9-82
Sandhya 6-11-90
Namitha 10-5-80

Enna orE numbers-A irukku. :roll: Onnum theriyatha pacha kozhanthai yoga.... :lol:

directhit
6th November 2008, 07:03 AM
Bhavana 6-6-86 :D
Simran 4-4-76 :lol2:
Asin 26-10-85 :P
Trisha 4-10-82 :x
Nayanthara 18-11-86 :lol2: :lol2: :evil: :twisted:
Reema 29-10-81 :o
Shreya 11-9-82 :slurp: 8-) 8-) :cool2: :victory:
Sandhya 6-11-90 :roll:
Namitha 10-5-80 :faint: :shock: :? :oops: :shaking:

Sourav
6th November 2008, 07:07 AM

:oops: :x Simran-ku innum unga vayasu kooda aagala...appuram enna nakkal sirippu... :sigh2: :lol:

directhit
6th November 2008, 07:09 AM

:oops: :x Simran-ku innum unga vayasu kooda aagala...appuram enna nakkal sirippu... :sigh2: :lol: :poke: in ur dreams

HonestRaj
6th November 2008, 07:56 AM
Shreya 11-9-82 :2thumbsup: :yes:

Sourav :poke:

groucho070
6th November 2008, 08:37 AM
Sandhya was born in 1990!!? Gosh, she's so young. I feel soooo old....

HonestRaj
6th November 2008, 08:39 AM

:lol: almost half of ur age.. right :P

thamizhvaanan
6th November 2008, 08:46 AM

Bhavana 6-6-86
Simran 4-4-76
Asin 26-10-85
Trisha 4-10-82
Nayanthara 18-11-86
Reema 29-10-81
Shreya 11-9-82
Sandhya 6-11-90
Namitha 10-5-80

:2thumbsup:

Feddy :lol:

groucho070
6th November 2008, 08:53 AM

Yeah, I'm 1973. Closest in that list is Simran :x , someone I wish never happened in TFI....enna seyirathu....

HonestRaj
6th November 2008, 08:57 AM

Yeah, I'm 1973. Closest in that list is Simran :x , someone I wish never happened in TFI....enna seyirathu....

Groucho... u have to compare with Radhika.. ambika.. radha.. etc. last choice wud be evergreen meena.

umakku vayasayiduthu :)

groucho070
6th November 2008, 09:03 AM

Groucho... u have to compare with Radhika.. ambika.. radha.. etc. last choice wud be evergreen meena.

umakku vayasayiduthu :)

Radhikavaa!!!! Chitti kooda compare pannakoodathu.

When I was ten or eleven, I had a crush on Ambiga, then shifted to her sister, then.....vitudungga, ellam pazhaya kathai.

HonestRaj
6th November 2008, 09:11 AM
When I was ten or eleven, I had a crush on Ambiga, then shifted to her sister, then.....vitudungga, ellam pazhaya kathai.

<Last one>

appadiye shift aagi.. shift aagi... sandhya varaikkum vandhutteenga :P

<end>

Sourav
6th November 2008, 09:11 AM

Chae.... Just missu... :sigh2:

sarna_blr
6th November 2008, 09:23 AM

Sourav, Vallavan padam paakkalayaa :boo: Simbu'vOda arumayaaana messege'a follow pannungapaa :wink:

HonestRaj
6th November 2008, 09:25 AM

Sourav, Vallavan padam paakkalayaa :boo: Simbu'vOda arumayaaana messege'a follow pannungapaa :wink:

appo neenga K R Vijaya madathai try panreengala illai.. Meena madathukku valai veesureengala :roll:

groucho070
6th November 2008, 09:28 AM

<Last one>

<end>

Che-cheh! My interest in her is purely professional. Good actress, lots of potential. My current crush is.....

sarna_blr
6th November 2008, 09:29 AM

appo neenga K R Vijaya madathai try panreengala illai.. Meena madathukku valai veesureengala :roll:

yov :evil:

Thalafanz
6th November 2008, 10:20 AM

Intha visAranayil pala unmaigal veli varum pOla irukkE... :lol:

Raikkonen
6th November 2008, 10:26 AM
Bhavana 6-6-86 - Pass
Simran 4-4-76 - Too old
Asin 26-10-85 - ta chi
Trisha 4-10-82 - 4 years thane, Ok
Nayanthara 18-11-86 - Younger by 9 months, but too big
Reema 29-10-81 - old
Shreya 11-9-82- 4 years older, but ok
Sandhya 6-11-90 - :twisted:
Namitha 10-5-80 : 6 years older.. and enormous

can u find the bd of Illeana, Tammana, Sameera pls :wink:

sarna_blr
6th November 2008, 10:28 AM

Sameera - 1978 :yessir:

Raikkonen
6th November 2008, 10:32 AM
Three much. She's much younger than that.

Sourav
6th November 2008, 10:50 AM
Bhavana 6-6-86 - Pass
Simran 4-4-76 - Too old
Asin 26-10-85 - ta chi :rotfl: :rotfl2:
Trisha 4-10-82 - 4 years thane, Ok
Nayanthara 18-11-86 - Younger by 9 months, but too big :huh:
Reema 29-10-81 - old
Shreya 11-9-82- 4 years older, but ok
Sandhya 6-11-90 - :twisted:
Namitha 10-5-80 : 6 years older.. and enormous

:twisted: Raiko, Its a forward sms... I didnt do any research on their b-days... :oops: //Ithaye en pozhappakkituveenga polarukkae... :lol: //
Tamil cinema-la itthana name-la ivo actresses irukkangannu antha msg paathu than therinjukitten... :|

HonestRaj
6th November 2008, 10:54 AM
:twisted: Raiko, Its a forward sms... I didnt do any research on their b-days... :oops: //Ithaye en pozhappakkituveenga polarukkae... :lol: //

GM: Enna parthu yenda andha kelvi ketta

Tamil cinema-la itthana name-la ivo actresses irukkangannu antha msg paathu than therinjukitten... :|

GM: seyyiradhayum senjuttu avan nikkiradha paru

directhit
6th November 2008, 10:57 AM
Tamil cinema-la itthana name-la ivo actresses irukkangannu antha msg paathu than therinjukitten... :| another GM : adraa adraa adraa

Shakthiprabha.
6th November 2008, 11:09 AM
Bhavana 6-6-86
Simran 4-4-76
Asin 26-10-85
Trisha 4-10-82
Nayanthara 18-11-86
Reema 29-10-81
Shreya 11-9-82
Sandhya 6-11-90
Namitha 10-5-80

:shock: romba mukyam :shock: :yessir:

Shakthiprabha.
6th November 2008, 11:11 AM

<Last one>

<end>

:rotfl2: Sorry couldn't supress

groucho070
6th November 2008, 11:50 AM

Intha visAranayil pala unmaigal veli varum pOla irukkE... :lol:

Athaan hubla romba friendly-yaa irukkakoodathundrathu, especially to fellow Gounder-fan :D Pinni yeduthuduvaangga interrogationla.

sarna_blr
6th November 2008, 09:22 PM
Sarna,

Are they shown as DEEP SHADED as our very own rajnikant or murali or vijaykant?

you apply make up and other 100 things and make them look atleast light brown.

Shreya'vum milky colour dhaan, adhukkaaga avanga enna make-up podaamalaa nadikkuraanga :lol2:

sarna_blr
6th November 2008, 09:25 PM
"Nandita das, dusky complexioned bipasha are rare exceptions"

IMO, Nanditadas looks preetier than bibasha. Infact, i was scared to see bibasha in movie "Sachin". Screenla oru heroinea (ponna) partha mathiriye illa, etho CUTOUTa partha mathiri irunthuchu....

me too got :frightened:

yeah, Nandidas is prettier than milky coloured shreya :)

Raikkonen
6th November 2008, 09:33 PM
Oooi.. :twisted: Appa cut-out mattum pakka vendithane, ethukku movie-ya patheenga

Beeepasha is tremendous. Amazing

littlemaster1982
7th November 2008, 08:58 AM

Ileana - August 19, 1987
Tamanna - December 21, 1989
Sameera Reddy - September 15, 1982

Sourav
7th November 2008, 09:05 AM
LM... :o
Epppidii.... :)
Vera yethavathu detail vacchurukkengala? :huh: :P

littlemaster1982
7th November 2008, 09:20 AM
Edho Raikk kettaare-nnu, avanga website-la irundhu eduthu post pannen. Neenga enna-nna :twisted:

Thalafanz
7th November 2008, 09:22 AM
Edho Raikk kettaare-nnu, avanga website-la irundhu eduthu post pannen. Neenga enna-nna :twisted:

AppadiyE Genelia-Voda DOB-um konjam research panni post pannunggalEn pls... :noteeth:

littlemaster1982
7th November 2008, 09:24 AM
Research ellam venaam. August 5 1987.

Thalafanz
7th November 2008, 09:27 AM
Research ellam venaam. August 5 1987.

Wow. :cool: She is younger than me :redjump: :P
Un veettukkE oru kalai vanthuruchu daa muthalii... :lol:

Oru database-E vachuruppEngga pOlirukkE... :o :yessir:

NOV
7th November 2008, 09:29 AM
all the actresses are younger than me :redjump: :bluejump:

Thalafanz
7th November 2008, 09:31 AM

AthAn oorukke theriyumE... :yessir:

Manorama, SarojaDevi league -la irunthA, kandippa ippO ulla ellA actress-um unggala vida young thAn... :lol2:

NOV
7th November 2008, 09:35 AM
En auntyngalOda compare pannura :x

I think illeana will it me fine :shhh:

MADDY
7th November 2008, 09:36 AM
LM... :o
Epppidii.... :)
Vera yethavathu detail vacchurukkengala? :huh: :P

:rotfl: LM, photo album edhavadhu vechirukeengala :lol2:

hey just for fun :)

Tamanna is too small :( ......avangala jollufy panradhula konjam manasu idikkudhu :oops: Sameera namma sett-u :thumbsup: (enna periya shaving sett-u :P )

Thalafanz
7th November 2008, 09:38 AM
En auntyngalOda compare pannura :x

I think illeana will it me fine :shhh:

TheivamE.... Neengga enggayO pOitEngga... :P :wink:

HonestRaj
7th November 2008, 09:39 AM
Tamanna is too small :(

:huh: too young?

Sameera namma sett-u :thumbsup: (enna periya shaving sett-u :P )

Shreya too :P

ajithfederer
7th November 2008, 09:43 AM
:rotfl:

Sorry LM, Maddy dhan respansible :lol2:

:rotfl: LM, photo album edhavadhu vechirukeengala :lol2:

littlemaster1982
7th November 2008, 09:46 AM
<Is there any emoticon pointing to myself> Idhu unakku thevaiya :banghead:

Thalafanz
7th November 2008, 09:56 AM
<Is there any emoticon pointing to myself> Idhu unakku thevaiya :banghead:

Yaradi Nee Mohini padathula Nayan sister-A oru ponnu nadichurukkumE, remember??? AvanggalOda details (Name & DOB)iruntha kodungga pls... Thanks :)

littlemaster1982
7th November 2008, 09:57 AM
Satthiyama theriyaadhu, intha thread pakkame varamaatten inimey :yessir:

directhit
7th November 2008, 10:00 AM
LM, kungumapottu bag ellam chennai meet fotos la pakalayae :yessir:

ajithfederer
7th November 2008, 10:02 AM
:rotfl2:

Sorry LM :oops: :yessir:

Nerd
7th November 2008, 10:06 AM
Yaradi Nee Mohini padathula Nayan sister-A oru ponnu nadichurukkumE, remember??? AvanggalOda details (Name & DOB)iruntha kodungga pls... Thanks :)
Saranya Mohan - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGdJXPmsWnc

LM PM panni enna post panna sonnAru :oops:

MADDY
7th November 2008, 10:27 AM

oh idhula outsourcing ellam vandhuduchha :)

joe
7th November 2008, 10:28 AM

oh idhula outsourcing ellam vandhuduchha :)

Sourav
7th November 2008, 11:52 AM
just now saw the posts...
Total list... :huh:

Bhavana 6-6-86
Simran 4-4-76
Asin 26-10-85
Trisha 4-10-82
Nayanthara 18-11-86
Reema 29-10-81
Shreya 11-9-82
Sandhya 6-11-90
Namitha 10-5-80
Ileana 19-8-87
Tamanna 21-12-89
Sameera Reddy 15-9-82
Genelia 5-8-87
Yar yarukku yethu venumo select pannikonga... :oops: :yessir:
Shreya.... :slurp:

thamizhvaanan
7th November 2008, 12:01 PM

NOV, You forgot to mention that even their mothers are younger than you :poke:

Sourav
7th November 2008, 12:03 PM

Half the world is younger than you NOV :rotfl2:

HonestRaj
7th November 2008, 12:26 PM

Bhavana 6-6-86
Simran 4-4-76
Asin 26-10-85
Trisha 4-10-82
Nayanthara 18-11-86
Reema 29-10-81
Shreya 11-9-82
Sandhya 6-11-90
Namitha 10-5-80
Ileana 19-8-87
Tamanna 21-12-89
Sameera Reddy 15-9-82
Genelia 5-8-87

ivanga ellam unga contract-la irukkangala :lol:

NOV
7th November 2008, 12:31 PM
all the actresses are younger than me :redjump: :bluejump:Half the world is younger than you NOV :rotfl2: :shock: is it?
wow! so much possibilities... so little time... :cry2:

Sourav
7th November 2008, 01:03 PM

Bhavana 6-6-86
Simran 4-4-76
Asin 26-10-85
Trisha 4-10-82
Nayanthara 18-11-86
Reema 29-10-81
Shreya 11-9-82
Sandhya 6-11-90
Namitha 10-5-80
Ileana 19-8-87
Tamanna 21-12-89
Sameera Reddy 15-9-82
Genelia 5-8-87

ivanga ellam unga contract-la irukkangala :lol:
I request mods to ban HR! :evil:
HR...pls create ur new id... :poke: we need u for GM thread...

HonestRaj
7th November 2008, 01:09 PM
Banning me :evil:

I a Mahatma in Hub :P

Sourav
7th November 2008, 01:19 PM
Banning me :evil:

I a Mahatma in Hub :P :omg: :rotfl:
Mahatma Gandhi: "Sathiiya sothanai".... :lol:
Honest name-la mattum irntha patthathu...seyallayum irukkanum... :P
GM: "Bike-la oc-la lift koduthavan, Bus-la gals-ku ticket eduthu koduthavanellam mahatma-ngran..." :shock:

rangan_08
11th November 2008, 12:22 PM
C.K. Saraswathi - undisputed " villi " of yesteryear.

Her performance as the greedy mother in " Thillana Mohanambal " :notworthy:

groucho070
11th November 2008, 12:44 PM
C.K. Saraswathi - undisputed " villi " of yesteryear.

Her performance as the greedy mother in " Thillana Mohanambal " :notworthy:

Yeah...gosh she really tortured NT and co so many times. You can add Muthuletchumi to that.

Nowadays the only torch bearer would be Vadivukarasi.

HonestRaj
11th November 2008, 12:50 PM
Kamala Kamesh :P

Raikkonen
11th November 2008, 12:53 PM
:shock: is it?
wow! so much possibilities... so little time... :cry2:

good night

on the new ones, i like raman thedia seethai (main) heroine very much, her eyes are so big and expressive.

groucho070
11th November 2008, 12:55 PM
Kamala Kamesh :P

She is the opposite of Kanammbaal (Manohara). Each time I see Kamala Kamesh, I wanted to send some tonic drinks or something. She look like right after the shooting she might go to hospital bed with drips standing by.

NOV
11th November 2008, 01:28 PM
good night:roll:

kamala kamesh... she taught a thing or two to karthik in AO :rotfl2:

rangan_08
11th November 2008, 01:48 PM
IMO, Pandari bai is the " perfect mom " in TFI. Next comes M.V. Rajamma.

Any other fav. " Amma's ??? " ( no politics, pls :D )

P_R
11th November 2008, 01:49 PM
Is it ? good night:roll: :lol:

NOV
11th November 2008, 01:50 PM
forgot pushpalatha? :rant:

steveaustin
11th November 2008, 01:58 PM
Sourav and HR,
If you got the DOBs for the above mentioned grand old actresses by our veteran hubbers, please post here. JK.

NOV
11th November 2008, 02:01 PM
steve, when the gals are talking abt MGRs and Geminis its only fair for the guys to talk about rajamas and pushpalathas. :lol2:

steveaustin
11th November 2008, 02:04 PM
steve, when the gals are talking abt MGRs and Geminis its only fair for the guys to talk about rajamas and pushpalathas. :lol2:
NOV sir,
If guys means above 45 years ?????? :roll:, then what about people like me????

VENKIRAJA
11th November 2008, 02:09 PM
NOV sir,
If Guys means above 45 years ?????? :roll:, then we are boys ????

Exactly. Wibha, Gaayini and I are infants then.

NOV
11th November 2008, 02:11 PM
are you claiming that guys become non guys after 45? :shock:

steveaustin
11th November 2008, 03:09 PM
are you claiming that guys become non guys after 45? :shock:

NOV sir, It's for fun. Don't take it serious.

rangan_08
20th November 2008, 05:11 PM
Watched " Enga Mama" again. JJ was amazing.

The way she gluttonously swallows her " vazhai ilai saapadu" , the " cat walk" with those tight fittings were all a treat for the eyes. A very talented lady. And, she was good in " Engirundho Vandhal" too.

sarna_blr
20th November 2008, 06:19 PM
Watched " Enga Mama" again. JJ was amazing.

The way she gluttonously swallows her " vazhai ilai saapadu" , the " cat walk" with those tight fittings were all a treat for the eyes. A very talented lady. And, she was good in " Engirundho Vandhal" too.

:lol2:

Raikkonen
21st November 2008, 08:44 AM
i watched Ayirathil Oruvan last night, she wasn't that bad. But her face is just not right.

groucho070
21st November 2008, 10:51 AM
i watched Ayirathil Oruvan last night, she wasn't that bad. But her face is just not right.

What do you mean? Make up not right? She was still new at that time, still very young. Must be a first few films after Vennira Aadai. Awesome actress.

Raikkonen
21st November 2008, 10:56 AM
i know she's a great actress, but her face is just bland, lacks pull. But her voice is quite nice.

Like i said before, Vanishree was the best. She used to be gorgeous. i will take her (:lol:) over JJ anyday.

groucho070
21st November 2008, 11:00 AM
i know she's a great actress, but her face is just bland, lacks pull. But her voice is quite nice.

Like i said before, Vanishree was the best. She used to be gorgeous. i will take her (:lol:) over JJ anyday.

I will not disagree that Vanishree is good. And she was hot, man! In acting department, JJ gets the cake. But in hot dept, I'd want to date Vanishree....you should see her in Sivakamiyin Selvan, the Etthanai Azhagu Kotti Kidakkuthu song sequence. Brrrr....lucky NT.

Raikkonen
21st November 2008, 11:01 AM
i totally lost my heart after watching "Mayakamenna" song..
Ahaa athuvallava oru figure..

Nerd
21st November 2008, 09:01 PM
What?? In acting department JJ gets the cake? She had 4 expressions. The directors those days won't take the pain of explaining the situation/scene etc. Exp #3 did the job :lol:

She was pretty/hot and all that but acting, nevair!

joe
21st November 2008, 09:03 PM
i totally lost my heart after watching "Mayakamenna" song..
Ahaa athuvallava oru figure..

Avadi to America
21st November 2008, 09:46 PM
For me,

it's always jayapradha..... Mounamana neram is freakin good song and she looks......yabba.... :tongueout:

groucho070
22nd November 2008, 06:57 AM
[tscii:72e5cccb10]
What?? In acting department JJ gets the cake? She had 4 expressions. The directors those days won't take the pain of explaining the situation/scene etc. Exp #3 did the job :lol:

She was pretty/hot and all that but acting, nevair!

:D Nerd, we seemed to be crossing swords when it comes to actress. Muthal-la Simran-nu, now JJ.

That JJ is a great actress itself is a debatable statement and I agree. Because the other old-film enthusiasts would argue Savithiri and Padhmini as the perfect contenders to that title.

But I felt they lacked versatility. To be glamourous at one moment, and to switch completely to a conservative type, to bicker with NT, to duet with MGR, to entice Asohan in a (then) shockingly sexy attire…she did it…and the others were pretty much stuck in their own little territory.

But when she did all that, she did it well within the confines of the scope of that time. I really liked her pairing with NT. Great chemistry. Watch Pattikaada Pattanamaa again. That is one great performance. Watch Savale Samali, she is so haughty and yet you still feel for her. Watch Engiruntho Vanthal, you will realise why the already nuts NT go nuts after her. Those are some of the reasons I like her. And boy, she was so cute. My mom says she looks like a doll. That is only a small advantage, the rest comes from her talent.

But I can understand why you don’t think she is that great an actress. Simran-oda attorney ippadi-taan pesugangga:D

[/tscii:72e5cccb10]

Nerd
22nd November 2008, 12:51 PM
Grouch,
One movie I was completelely bowled over by JJ was engirunthO vanthAL. And thats about the only one I think. And my mom was/is a huge fan of JJ. She never misses JJ films on TV.

Now its your turn to list your favorite simran movies!!

Vivasaayi
22nd November 2008, 01:55 PM
i liked jj in a movie where she goes out of her home when her dad arranges an engagement for marriage - she goes to mgrs home.

ec etc..

she really did that role wonderfully - a high soceity innocent girl

rajeshkrv
23rd November 2008, 12:57 PM
I observed in the discussions that people claim sarojadevi had limited films for acting ...

Starting from Kalyanaparisu to Pathumadha bandham she did excel in any kind of role

With MGr she was able to bring out the romance while with Gemini and shivaji her performances were amazing
kulavilakku,panama paasama,thaamarai nenjam, malathi, bagapirivinia,palum pazhamum,vidivelli.

Her comic sense was also too good Engaveetu pillai,sabash meena etc

she was the only heroine at that time who did numerous films with all the three top heroes

Jayalalitha with MGR was just glamour and more intimate than MGr - sarojadevi which was considered by MGR fans themselves the best pair. JJ repeated she same, sideways look on men with 3/4th pant and some english accent

Sarojadevi proved in all departments

groucho070
24th November 2008, 09:06 AM
Grouch,
One movie I was completelely bowled over by JJ was engirunthO vanthAL. And thats about the only one I think. And my mom was/is a huge fan of JJ. She never misses JJ films on TV.

Now its your turn to list your favorite simran movies!!

Aiyo! Enna ippadi oru ikkattaana nelamaiyila maatta vechutenggala?

Since I don't watch her films...and watched her only for other reasons (Madhavan, Mani, KB and Kamal), I'd say she tried her best in Kannattil Mutthamittal. She was a bit funny in Pammal. Coz in that company, she better be funny.

ajithfederer
12th December 2008, 12:04 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/imagegallery/galleryDetail.php?hcategory=13733818&hgallery=14816216

:D

Sourav
19th February 2009, 07:51 AM
Who are the leading ladies of Kollywood- the queen bees? Well, in a list of 10 there are few heroines who were automatic entries and then there are others who had to jostle for their spots with other worthy and beautiful contenders. But the tough task is to guess the spots that they occupy. Find out for yourselves

The ranking is based on

1. Box office successes from 2005 to 2009
2. Present trade value
3. Future projects

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-3/top-10-heroines/top-10-actress.html

10) Sameera reddy :slurp:& Pooja
9) Sneha :x
8) Namitha :frightened:
7) Reema sen
6) Tamanna :)
5) Priyamani
4) Trisha :P
3) Shreya :noteeth:
2) Asin :roll:
1) Nayanthara :mrgreen:

Raikkonen
19th February 2009, 08:48 PM
laxmi rai illatha list ellathiyum kuppayila podungappa..