PDA

View Full Version : Vesham beats Mambazhakalam

Cycle
7th January 2005, 01:23 PM

Vesham beats Mambazhakalam

Vesham and Mambazhakalam are similar movies the main difference being the fact that Mammooty is the hero in Vesham.

If the collections are cpmpared Vesham is much ahead than what Mambazhakalam received in the 1st 2-3 weeks.

Most of the media say that Vesham is a super hit whereas Mambazhakalam is just a hit.

onnupode
7th January 2005, 04:04 PM
wow! what an acheivement. so mammu may soon come up with some mighty hits to disprove the alltime hits in mallu industry like narasimham, kilukkam, chitram, manichitrathazhu et al. err, before that he has to beat meesa madavan and tenkashi pattanam. some mega star and not one mighty hit in his entire career! now his fans speak abt vesham beating mambazhakalam! any thing else, sir?

Cycle
10th January 2005, 10:51 AM
wow! what an acheivement. so mammu may soon come up with some mighty hits to disprove the alltime hits in mallu industry like narasimham, kilukkam, chitram, manichitrathazhu et al. err, before that he has to beat meesa madavan and tenkashi pattanam. some mega star and not one mighty hit in his entire career! now his fans speak abt vesham beating mambazhakalam! any thing else, sir?

Sahikkan pattunnilla alle :-)
History paranju varunnu, nanam illathe.
"Ente uppooppakoranendarnnu" type.
Saramilla machan, okke sariyakum,
Lalettanodu onnu aanju pidikkan parayede. Oru 50 days odunna movie okke undakkan ulla capacity ippozhum thadiyanundu.
Buhahahaha

onnupode
10th January 2005, 04:46 PM
Oh ya, lal's natturajavu collected close to Rs 10 crore (gross) last year. still, we wouldn't call it a big hit. it is an average as per the standards of lal fans. but those movies which ran less than 50 days like vajram, aparichithan and black -- are mega hits for mammu fans. ya, the media said they were hits just considering their budget. and the movie which grossed less than 5 crore (kazhca) is the mega hit for mammu fans. that is where the difference lies, dude. the difference in perceiving what is a hit, average, super, mega and so on. if u r satisfied with megahits like vajram, be it. but then, don't point a finger at me if i am happy with megahits like narasimham, chitram, kilukkam and manichitrathazhu.. first tell ur megastar to beat the collection of these movies. then we will talk abt megahits like vajram, aparichithan, black, etc. what say?

Cycle
10th January 2005, 05:34 PM
cool man.
I can understand the feeling and frustration.

Hope for the best in 2005 :-)

onnupode
10th January 2005, 06:29 PM
that is so kind of u. seems u r a great admirer of mother teresa too:) hope the greatness and compassion would extent in all spheres -- even while looking at history (eh malayalam film history only) impassionately.

debates apart (or sour grapes apart) one movie -- kazhcha -- itself is enough for aknowledging mammu's accendancy last year. kuduos to him!

that dosen't restrict me to say bolo mohanlal ki jai:). it is a passion. no reasons needed sir. see ya:)

Cycle
11th January 2005, 10:26 AM
that is so kind of u. seems u r a great admirer of mother teresa too:)

Hello Onnupode
I expected some "theris", but thanks for making me realise that all fans don't use bad words at the drop of a hat.
Coming back to the hope in 2005, I really meant it. I want Lal to do some better roles. I have hopes on Udayananu...

bye.

blahblah
11th January 2005, 11:13 AM
Onnupode,Onnupode.Thadiyan Lal is going to be out of the frame soon.Are you still going to support him citing the reason he had acted in some good movies a decade or so back?His self destruction started when he thought himself to be the Rajnikant of Kerala.It is disgusting to see the fatty come out with those old dialogues in every movie.[Savari giri giri,mone dinesha...etc].If he stops acting atleast now,he can save his face.

onnupode
11th January 2005, 05:12 PM
Cycle,

i don't have high hopes for any of the projects that lal is currently involved in, including udayan. what lal lacking now is an author-backed script. may be...may be udayan -- considering sreeni's ability in writing good plots for Lal (ya, not forgetting kilichundan). more than any thing else, what lal required is some authentic author backed scripts (preferably lohi). what i can do is keep on watching lal movies till the time i get bored of him, which i think won't come any day! after vamanapuram, i thought i may never able to sit through a lal movie, but vismayathumbathu proved me worng. even the stale mampazham shows lal is not that as bad as he is being projected. for me the actor has provided enough happiness during many of his splendid works -- which was also the evolving period of my youth. those move are the ones i love to watch again and again even today without getting bored -- some works like old satyan anthikad movies. he may not produce such classic movies again in his entire career. or some may be sound stupid when u realise that a vanaprastham happened just years ago. it may happen. and it should happen. and even if that is not going to happen, no complaints. he had given enough. that is it, for me

and blah blah, thankalude viswasam thankale rakshikatte!

blahblah
12th January 2005, 11:50 AM
Onnupode,onnu pode.If some one has given enough for a cause and if he is only damaging the cause by further proceeding it,that is when he should stop.If Mohanlal was instrumental in the emergence of Malayalam Cinema so is he in the destruction of it.I too fondly cherish his old movies and like to watch them even now,but it is very difficult to identify him today with his old self.Today people consider Jayaram and Dileep movies as those with minimum guarantee and not Lal movies.His acting capacity has disintegrated once he started developing some mannerisms which people can't digest.

onnupode
12th January 2005, 08:29 PM
destruction of it.... oh give me a break! blahblah. if u don't like his present day movies or acting, just stop watching it. simple, no? the moment people start rejecting his movies outright, the producers too stop working on projects involving him. i think it is as straight and simple. and if u think malayalam cinema would be a better place if lal stops acting, i would term it just a wishful thinking. instead, u stop watching his movies. naturally, if there are no takers for him, he would have to stop acting! should u need to worry abt it, mate? however, i don't have any problem watching him even if he sleepwalks through a movie. and i am sure there are many such people around. probably that explains the reason why he is still acting![/code]

blahblah
13th January 2005, 11:55 AM
i don't have any problem watching him even if he sleepwalks through a movie. and i am sure there are many such people around. probably that explains the reason why he is still acting![/code]

Well expressed!I wonder whether I am communicating with the idiot himself. :lol:

onnupode
13th January 2005, 04:16 PM
I wonder u took too long a time to realise it!

onnupode
13th January 2005, 04:18 PM
I wonder u took too long a time to realise it!

Cycle
13th January 2005, 06:18 PM
I heard udayanananu tharam songs. Just average. :cry:

onnupode
13th January 2005, 06:53 PM
cycle,

mmm...haven't heard them so far. the first half of the movie would be worth watching from the looks of it. not sure how they would develop it from there. debutant director... the plus point is sreeni's script who can save lives of young directors if properly executed (eg maravathoor kanavu).

chronicbachelor
30th January 2005, 12:50 AM
mone onnupode....do u know the biggest hit till narasimham????if u dont it was ORU CBI DIARYKURIPPU....that was the most collected movie till narasimham ie for around 12 years....and narasimhams record was broken by meesa madhavan ie 2 years after narasimham....so see the difference.....pinne thadiyante time kazhinju and ikka is stii moving forward as the empire of indian cinema...thats why he got the chalachitra ratnam award....

blahblah
30th January 2005, 12:13 PM
mone onnupode....do u know the biggest hit till narasimham????if u dont it was ORU CBI DIARYKURIPPU....that was the most collected movie till narasimham ie for around 12 years....and narasimhams record was broken by meesa madhavan ie 2 years after narasimham....so see the difference.....pinne thadiyante time kazhinju and ikka is stii moving forward as the empire of indian cinema...thats why he got the chalachitra ratnam award....

I have been telling this to Onnupode for a long time. :wink: :twisted:

onnupode
30th January 2005, 08:59 PM
ha ha. this is interesting. desperation at its heights. this has been the topic of vellinaksathram for some 4-5 years. the despo mammu fans keep on writing mails asking about the biggest hit in malayalam. they r hell bent in repeating the answer: NARASIMHAM. if don't find any reasons to distrust a professionaly managed film mag in kerala. sorry, guys, i can't believe u on this count. appo engana kariyangal? ividokke thanne kanille?

onnupode
30th January 2005, 09:03 PM
and chalachitra ratnam award -- the one from mannarkayam baby??? (criticis award jury)

ha, ha. macha, mammoottye engane apamanikkallu.

if u, don't know, let me correct u, he bagged an asia pacific regional award, which is quite big. u can say that instead of this ratnam. mani ratnam enokke kettitundu...

onnupode
30th January 2005, 09:11 PM
"ikka is stii moving forward as the empire of indian cinema..."

u mean to say emperor? any way frame cheytu vakkan oru sambavam koodi ayi.

blahblah
3rd February 2005, 01:25 PM
Oops!I may have to do some clarification here.

I was strictly opposed to thefatty for a long time and thought he was really boring.But I saw the trailor of Udayananu Tharam on asianet yesterday,and couldn't believe my eyes.Lal certainly looks different from how we have seen him for the last few years.He looks similar to what he was previously.
After all he may have some energy still left in him.Who knows.It was his wrong decisions[trying to become a Rajni],that almost destryed him.If he can understand that and accept his mistakes and then make a come back,I will really be happy.

Sandeep
7th February 2005, 10:38 PM
Udayanannu tharam seems to be a quality movie which will also be a commercial success. The songs of Vadakkunathan are very good. Raveendran has done a very good job, though I felt Chitra was better that Yesudas.

The resent successes show that the claims that malayalee audiences have lot taste is comepletely wrong and that if you give good films they will we accepted whole heartedly.

Only problem is the lack of new and fresh talent.

blahblah
8th February 2005, 11:40 AM
The songs of Vadakkunathan are very good. Raveendran has done a very good job, though I felt Chitra was better that Yesudas.

Chitra has always been better than Yesudas.The problem is we have a male dominated society here. :evil:

sid
11th April 2005, 05:15 PM
quote]The songs of Vadakkunathan are very good.[/quote]

ya good ones

sid
11th April 2005, 05:16 PM
quote]The songs of Vadakkunathan are very good.[/quote]

ya good ones

sid
11th April 2005, 05:16 PM

chaotic whisperz
18th May 2005, 09:43 PM
WHO BEATS WHO CAUSE I NEVER HEARD OF EITHER/

blahblah
19th May 2005, 06:16 PM

Why take the pain to poke your nose into it then??? :?

chaotic whisperz
19th May 2005, 11:22 PM

Why take the pain to poke your nose into it then??? :?

cause i can.... why dont you stop me... wait, you cant... sux to be you

blahblah
20th May 2005, 03:21 PM

:D :D Catch you later :wink:

chaotic whisperz
26th May 2005, 11:43 PM

:D :D Catch you later :wink:

catch me if you can...