PDA

View Full Version : Seval (Music: GV Prakash Kumar)

inetk
4th October 2008, 05:09 PM
Hari has already tried Bharadwaj, Harris and Yuvan; in Seval he gets GVP to make a stale blend of all three!

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2008/10/04/music-review-seval-tamil-gv-prakash-kumar/

MrJudge
4th October 2008, 07:36 PM
Hari has already tried Bharadwaj, Harris and Yuvan; in Seval he gets GVP to make a stale blend of all three!

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2008/10/04/music-review-seval-tamil-gv-prakash-kumar/

Karthik,

I didn't read your review, how do you listen to every album that is releasing and reviewing it? That needs lot of patience so :notworthy: for your patience.

viraajan
4th October 2008, 07:42 PM
Fantastic last line in your review :thumbsup:

mona1
4th October 2008, 08:20 PM
GVP proves to be a total douche composer. Another damp squib from his store. Does he even deserve all this hype that media has been throwing on him as a star composer?

Mahen
4th October 2008, 09:52 PM
GVP proves to be a total douche composer. Another damp squib from his store. Does he even deserve all this hype that media has been throwing on him as a star composer?

Started.. :banghead: Hari is useless and it's unfair to condemn gvp...Do you guys remember vel?One of yuvan's worst effort...Even ARR will come up with crap if he works with hari.. :)
Anyway i like 2 songs Thayarama and thulasi..Quite good..

Mona, wait for anandha thandavam and ayirathil oruvan before ripping GVP.. :) GVP doesnt have a good partner yet..Unlike other mds i.e yuvan-vishnu/venkat combo, harris-gautham combo, arr-mani/shankar combo...

viraajan
4th October 2008, 10:05 PM

Started.. :banghead: Hari is useless and it's unfair to condemn gvp...Do you guys remember vel?One of yuvan's worst effort...Even ARR will come up with crap if he works with hari.. :)
Anyway i like 2 songs Thayarama and thulasi..Quite good..

Mona, wait for anandha thandavam and ayirathil oruvan before ripping GVP.. :) GVP doesnt have a good partner yet..Unlike other mds i.e yuvan-vishnu/venkat combo, harris-gautham combo, arr-mani/shankar combo...

Yes... your comment about MD's teaming up with Hari is absolutely right.

IMO, there is no second thought in saying "GVP is a good MD", but he is definitely overrated. :D

littlemaster1982
4th October 2008, 10:12 PM

IMO, there is no second thought in saying "GVP is a good MD", but he is definitely overrated. :D

I always find this amusing. How much he is overrated? I haven't seen anyone praising GVP to a good measure.

Mahen
4th October 2008, 10:41 PM

I always find this amusing. How much he is overrated? I haven't seen anyone praising GVP to a good measure.

:exactly: In fact the media has been harsh towards him esp for kuselan (chellama and the bgm was really good), vellithirai (songs were good), kaalai(the only bad album from gvp) and kireedom(all songs were good)...

selvakumar
4th October 2008, 10:48 PM

Does he even deserve all this hype that media has been throwing on him as a star composer?

mona should come up with proofs. But I feel media did project him as a great music director by always comparing him with ARR.

Sanjeevi
4th October 2008, 10:53 PM
Intha Rajinikanth hype pannalaiya GVP vanthu IR+ARR nu :banghead:

littlemaster1982
4th October 2008, 11:01 PM
Intha Rajinikanth hype pannalaiya GVP vanthu IR+ARR nu :banghead:

I expected this. Rajini is always generous in his praises. Any other instances?

littlemaster1982
4th October 2008, 11:03 PM

Does he even deserve all this hype that media has been throwing on him as a star composer?

mona should come up with proofs. But I feel media did project him as a great music director by always comparing him with ARR.

GVp's style is like ARR, not standards. Even ARR fans wouldn't accept the comparison. Great MD-nu ellam idhuvaraikkum media-la vandha maadhiri enakku theriyala :?

selvakumar
5th October 2008, 01:26 PM
GVp's style is like ARR, not standards. Even ARR fans wouldn't accept the comparison. Great MD-nu ellam idhuvaraikkum media-la vandha maadhiri enakku theriyala
The issue here is the *buildup* and the opportunities being given. It equally applies to IR sons. However, the issue is the hype associated with GVP (in media and clubbing him with ARR even now) ARR fans != media. Yuvan and HJ are more successful in this field. They didn't get a chance to compose music for kamal or rajini film (Yuvan esp). That explains a lot :)

viraajan
5th October 2008, 02:17 PM
I agree with Selva. GVP was given a chance in Kuselan. He deserves or he doesn't deserve that opportunity is not my point. But he failed to live up to the hype created. Is that what he can deliver for such a sky hype???

Media has alwyas been harsh on him. Yes. Just compare media's reaction on a Srikanth Deva album or D.Imman albums. Media never cares about what these MDs deliver. Coz, media very well know that SD or DI cannot deliver a helluva album. The same media is coming down heavily on GVP. Why? Coz they expect a good album from him but he delivers a trash. Kuselan, Kaala are good examples. I dont want to comment on Seval coz we cannot expect anything more than this for Hari's movie.

GVP is really talented. He has a good future provided he stops signing for Hari, TarunGopi movies.

I'm eagerly waiting to see what he has done in 1000il oruvan even though I lost hopes on him after Kuselan. Because it's a Selvah movie.

MrJudge
5th October 2008, 05:51 PM
Do you guys remember vel?One of yuvan's worst effort....

IMO, vEl is much better than thAmirabparaNi. oRRaik kaNNAla and Ayiram jannal are really good in vEl.

viraajan
5th October 2008, 06:23 PM

IMO, vEl is much better than thAmirabparaNi. oRRaik kaNNAla and Ayiram jannal are really good in vEl.

IMO, both are crap.

MrJudge
5th October 2008, 06:55 PM
IMO, both are crap.

If anyone doesn't like oRRai kaNNAla, I don't think he can be a Yuvan fan. It is a very much Yuvan style song. :wink:

viraajan
5th October 2008, 07:06 PM
IMO, both are crap.

If anyone doesn't like oRRai kaNNAla, I don't think he can be a Yuvan fan. It is a very much Yuvan style song. :wink:

Enna ippadi solliteenga... Nan Yuvan fan than... Aana enakku pudikkalaye :roll: :huh:

Sanjeevi
5th October 2008, 08:11 PM
I love both VEL movie & songs B & C la hit adicha padalgal

villan007
5th October 2008, 09:46 PM
B & C la hit adicha padalgal

the remix song and thaliye theva illa songs reach was much much more than VEL songs

Nerd
5th October 2008, 10:41 PM
They didn't get a chance to compose music for kamal or rajini film (Yuvan esp). That explains a lot :)
Karthick Raja got a chance to compose for a Kamalahaasan film (Full-fledged role). Where is he now? If GVP really does not have the talent he will also disappear like KR. I don't think GVP has worked with a big director till now. AO is an acid test for him, if he fails then I guess he will also become a KR. (I am not comparing KR and GVP, KR > GVP). GVP's veyyil was a run-away hit, kreedom and pollAdhavan were received well.

littlemaster1982
5th October 2008, 11:04 PM
However, the issue is the hype associated with GVP (in media and clubbing him with ARR even now)

What does this clubbing mean :idontgetit: And what is the hype you are referring to? I really want to know as I haven't seen anything as you say.

interz
6th October 2008, 02:06 AM
Kannamma is Superb melody. I dont like the other five songs.

selvakumar
6th October 2008, 10:51 AM
Karthick Raja got a chance to compose for a Kamalahaasan film (Full-fledged role). Where is he now? If GVP really does not have the talent he will also disappear like KR. I don't think GVP has worked with a big director till now. AO is an acid test for him, if he fails then I guess he will also become a KR. (I am not comparing KR and GVP, KR > GVP). GVP's veyyil was a run-away hit, kreedom and pollAdhavan were received well.
I am not sure on this since I don't think KR as a great music director. After listening to ullaasam or ullam kollai poguthey, I thought he might have *had* some talent. Not a great talent IMO. I see the *buildup* for KR only online much similar to GVP. I have never seen anyone even talking about him outside. Hence, I won't be surprised if GVP also becomes a KR gradually. Ya..

Every article on GVP available online (even if you exclude behindwoods, IG or galatta), will have a reference to rahmaan and the subsequent correlation. It is not a pressure to deliver. Even for his first movie *veyyil*, I read few articles that said he could be another rahmaan. The same has been maintained even now. My problem is with those articles. I am sure the same might have happened for Yuvan also. I don't like Aravindhan that much.

Hence, before he delivers something like TI, I don't think he deserves this buidup 8-)

Mahen
6th October 2008, 11:20 AM
Kannamma is Superb melody. I dont like the other five songs.
All his albums will have a superb melody song..
veyil - uruguthe
oram po - inthu enna mayam
kiredam - vizhiyil
kuselan - chelama
kaalai - eppa da

Looking forward to ananda thandavam...Being an Aascar film and also an offbeat love story, im sure GVP would have given his best..Expecting soul-stirring melodies... :D

k_vanan
6th October 2008, 12:33 PM
Ivaroda build-up tanga mudiyathu ellam interviewliyum. IMO yes his overrated MD in TFM. Ellam albumleyum oru paatu thavira matta ellam paatum kuppai than iruku.

Hope AO give him :victory:

Mahen
6th October 2008, 12:55 PM
Ivaroda build-up tanga mudiyathu ellam interviewliyum. IMO yes his overrated MD in TFM. Ellam albumleyum oru paatu thavira matta ellam paatum kuppai than iruku.

Show proof..I have seen his interviews..appadi onnum over buildup ellam theriyele...

K
6th October 2008, 12:58 PM

any one noticed traces of "Aaru thu Aazam illa's saranam" in 1000 Jannal Veedu

k_vanan
6th October 2008, 01:35 PM

Show proof..I have seen his interviews..appadi onnum over buildup ellam theriyele...

I think that was during Kuselan pre-release time. i am not remember which website. Athey interviewlah avorada target yeppidiyavuthu OSCAR award vangidunum sollirunthar. Appuram Kuselan ablum benchmark in TFM sonnatha nyabagam. :confused2:

Ithullam enaka konjam overrah theriyuthu :)

Nerd
6th October 2008, 07:19 PM
I think he just said kusElan is his best work. I have seen most, if not all of his pre-kuselan interviews. I m yet to see a solid proof on why he is overrated in this thread

littlemaster1982
6th October 2008, 08:25 PM
I think he just said kusElan is his best work. I have seen most, if not all of his pre-kuselan interviews. I m yet to see a solid proof on why he is overrated in this thread

I'm asking this for a long time :?

selvakumar
6th October 2008, 09:47 PM
I'm asking this for a long time :?
Not sure on what context Mona and Viraajan said he is overrated. But based on the *buildup* given during Veyyil, Kuselan & his recent works, I conclude that he doesn't deserve even those words (Until he proves himself as Nerd pointed out).

Also, I don't know how to prove that he is overrated. At times, when I come across articles like this (http://rahmaniac.wordpress.com/2008/07/07/generation-next-musicians-from-rahman-family/) in media, I just take it like the one that is being given for KR here. (As if he has talent and he couldn't prove it). Just my opinion.

Vinith, Probably you must elaborate little more on why you feel so.

littlemaster1982
6th October 2008, 10:05 PM
At times, when I come across articles like this (http://rahmaniac.wordpress.com/2008/07/07/generation-next-musicians-from-rahman-family/) in media, I just take it like the one that is being given for KR here. (As if he has talent and he couldn't prove it). Just my opinion.

From the article,

Talking about her son G V Prakash, Rehana says, “I didn’t expect him to become a music director. I thought he would be a singer or keyboardist,” says Rehana.

“After the blessings of K. Balachander, I started my work. My guru and uncle A. R. Rahman is there with me always”, G V Prakash said . Prakash also got country’s best singers — Shankar Mahadevan, Chitra and Sadhana Sargam — to sing for him. The music track of Kuselan, which has five songs, also features a song by famous pop singer Daler Mehndi.

The more exciting thing to note is that Big Music bought the audio rights of Kuselan for a whopping Rs 2.2 crore, the highest for a Tamil album. The previous highest was for Rahman’s Sivaji, again a Rajnikanth film.

Seriously, I don't know what's so hyped about GVP here. As you said ARR name has always been associated with GVP, but that's inevitable. But nowhere I've seen GVP touted as next ARR or next to ARR. If that's the case, you have a point.

selvakumar
6th October 2008, 10:07 PM
OK Master, I agree that GVP is not overrated :D I stand corrected.

littlemaster1982
6th October 2008, 10:10 PM
Leave it Selva. I was not trying to change your opinion. Just trying to express mine.

selvakumar
6th October 2008, 10:15 PM
LM, That is fine. There is nothing in changing our opinion or perception on things. :)

littlemaster1982
6th October 2008, 10:17 PM
OK :)

viraajan
6th October 2008, 10:36 PM
I agree with Selva. GVP was given a chance in Kuselan. He deserves or he doesn't deserve that opportunity is not my point. But he failed to live up to the hype created. Is that what he can deliver for such a sky hype???

Media has alwyas been harsh on him. Yes. Just compare media's reaction on a Srikanth Deva album or D.Imman albums. Media never cares about what these MDs deliver. Coz, media very well know that SD or DI cannot deliver a helluva album. The same media is coming down heavily on GVP. Why? Coz they expect a good album from him but he delivers a trash. Kuselan, Kaala are good examples. I dont want to comment on Seval coz we cannot expect anything more than this for Hari's movie.

GVP is really talented. He has a good future provided he stops signing for Hari, TarunGopi movies.

I'm eagerly waiting to see what he has done in 1000il oruvan even though I lost hopes on him after Kuselan. Because it's a Selvah movie.

//I've already answered Selva :D .

As selva says, I dont have proof that GVP is overrated. But I hope the second paragraph in the above post conveys what i wanted to convey.

GVP is a good music director, but when any of his albums comes out, people start expecting a lot from him and end with disappointment. Kuselan, Kaala, Seval are very good examples. He hardly gives 1/2 good numbers in an album. Veyil, Kridom are exceptions where almost all the songs are damn good.
I really don't know what makes people expect a lot from him when it is very clear that he cannot maintain consistency in delivering a thoroughly enjoyable album.
IMO, out of 9 or 10 albums in his career Veyil and Kridom are the best while Oram Po is likable to some extent.

viraajan
6th October 2008, 10:42 PM
Adding to that,

AO will be the answer for all these discussions. Am very eagerly waiting for this. If he comes up with an excellent album, I may change my opinion on him but again with a small statement that "GVP is directors' MD" :D
When Vasu, Simbu (who is known for a good music) could not get the best of GVP, Selvah has extracted :D

Also, GVP should stop working with Tarungopi, Hari etc :D

Mahen
7th October 2008, 09:21 AM
Adding to that,

AO will be the answer for all these discussions. Am very eagerly waiting for this. If he comes up with an excellent album, I may change my opinion on him but again with a small statement that "GVP is directors' MD" :D
When Vasu, Simbu (who is known for a good music) could not get the best of GVP, Selvah has extracted :D

Dont need to wait for AO...The audio of Aascar ravi - gandhi krishna's ambitious ananda tandavam will be releasing soon..Insiders say that gvp and vairamuthu have come up with some soul stirring stuff... :)

viraajan
7th October 2008, 12:16 PM
Adding to that,

Dont need to wait for AO...The audio of Aascar ravi - gandhi krishna's ambitious ananda tandavam will be releasing soon..Insiders say that gvp and vairamuthu have come up with some soul stirring stuff... :)

Thank u for the info. Good then. Lets wait for AT then. Any movie which would prove that GVP is a good MD. :D

viraajan
7th October 2008, 03:46 PM
Here is my review! :)

http://visionofvinith.blogspot.com/2008/10/seval-gv-prakash-music-review.html

viraajan
13th October 2008, 05:37 PM
:oops:

Making the bad album worse!!!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/42252.html

Mahen
13th October 2008, 07:25 PM

Actually seval is not that bad imo..I liked 4 songs..Enjoyable folks songs.. :) I personally feel seval is better than aegen (strictly my personal opinion) :)

viraajan
13th October 2008, 07:28 PM

Actually seval is not that bad imo..I liked 4 songs..Enjoyable folks songs.. :) I personally feel seval is better than aegen (strictly my personal opinion) :)

Well, both movies are of different genre.

IMO, Seval and Aegan both are bad. Former - tunes have been composed to satisfy the director, Latter - to satisfy Ajith and his fans. So they both are not what I expected out of these MDs :)

MrJudge
13th October 2008, 11:07 PM

ennapA Achchu GVPkku? avar thAn remixkku against AchchE??

vasanth2006
13th October 2008, 11:29 PM

I dont think GVP has done this remix.... somebody might have done this remix.... just like pollathavan remix....

Mahen
14th October 2008, 06:00 AM

Now he's ok with remixes just like ARR..Hes doing a remix in Ayirathil oruvan :)

vasanth2006
14th October 2008, 06:27 AM

Now he's ok with remixes just like ARR..Hes doing a remix in Ayirathil oruvan :)

Interesting... :)

MrJudge
14th October 2008, 12:34 PM

:shock: :?

A.ANAND
31st October 2008, 10:46 AM
saw sevel movie last wednesday,intha paiyan [GVP]innum kattuka vendiyathu neraya irukku!
sila samayam ivanoda composition romba amatuerist-ta irukku![seriously] :(

anubavam pattathuda thambi GVP!

Mahen
31st October 2008, 02:43 PM
saw sevel movie last wednesday,intha paiyan [GVP]innum kattuka vendiyathu neraya irukku!
sila samayam ivanoda composition romba amatuerist-ta irukku![seriously] :(

anubavam pattathuda thambi GVP!

Seval had enjoyable folks songs..Thulasi chedi, namma ooru and kannama nalla thaane iruku?

Hulkster
31st October 2008, 02:59 PM
Enjoyable but not his own craft....ARR's influence was plainly visible in all the songs...anyway his bgm was okay for the movie..suited most of the scenes.

baba88
31st October 2008, 08:59 PM
Do you know that ARR has not composed a single Remix yet ? Thottal Poo Malarum was just a Retune.

app_engine
31st October 2008, 09:03 PM
Do you know that ARR has not composed a single Remix yet ? Thottal Poo Malarum was just a Retune.

Incorrect info - 'ponmagaL vandhAL' in ATM was a remix (even copy / pasted some TMS-sung lines from the original)

Ramakrishna
31st October 2008, 09:27 PM

Incorrect info - 'ponmagaL vandhAL' in ATM was a remix (even copy / pasted some TMS-sung lines from the original)

That remix was credited to Krishna Chetan clearly in the CDs. SO he has still not done it.