PDA

View Full Version : TWENTY-20

padmanabha
16th October 2008, 07:48 PM
IT IS THE title of the new malayalam film
The salient feature of this film is it star value
Starring
Mammooty, Mohanlal and Suresh Gopi
All villians, all leading heroines, all comedians act in this film. Actor Dileep is its producer.

Murali Srinivas
6th November 2008, 07:20 PM
[tscii:f244d28db1]The movie seems to be rocking. Released yesterday, it had created a great WOM and the openings have been stunning. Here is a review (I have chosen a fair one) about the movie.

Twenty:20 - My Review - Critic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Movie: 20-20
Time: 9:00 pm
Date: 05-11-2008
Theatre: Kavitha
Status: House Full and huge crowd leaving without tickets. Crowd included Major Ravi and Gang, Suresh Krishna and Roshan Andrews (for the previous show).

20-20 - Heart Racing, Pulse Pounding Spectacle

20-20 the movie, is so racy that by interval, I was thinking when was I so much excited in the recent past. Pat came my answer. It was either the Rafa-Roger Epic Wimbledon Final this year or the moments when I took the world’s highest rollercoaster at Las Vegas.

Yes, 20-20 is as thrilling an experience as a joyous and dreadful rollercoaster. The pace is palpable at times. Its a great entertainer for the most parts of it. You puff, pant, cheer and move to the edge of your seats for major portions of the movie.

Mam - Lal : The Dream Machine

Just as Roger and Rafa in the Epic Wimbledon Final, Mam and Lal are on exquisite display of talent. Take a bow Malayalam World, here are two of your greatest sons showing off their acting skills. Mam Lal are 'Magic' as they match foot for foot, punch for punch and word for word trying to outplay and outclass each other in one of the most memorable on screen duals that I have ever seen.

I think they live their characters in such a way that they send a very strong message..... to the audience, to the FANS, to Malayalam Cinema and to themselves.

There are no 'super human' situations for Lal. No mustache twirling and slow mo walks. There are no 'forced upon' dance numbers for Mam and flower pattern shirts or dialects.There are just 2 superb well written characters. And both of them ROCK and how!!Thats the message. Give them great characters and not stereotypes and they will ROCK your world.

A word for the FANS of both camps. Just watch Mam Lal in their combination scenes. Neither of them is least intimidated by the presence of the other. Instead both of them thrive on it. They have great chemistry and friendship in real life and that comes on screen. If they can work magic together, the camps shud minimum be able to peacefully co-exist.

The Third Demon

Imagine the Mam Lal explosive mix on over drive and to that you add another a third equally rivetting character. Thats in short, Suresh Gopi as Antony Punnekkadan. I think the most unexpected performance is from Gopi. He truly stands his own in front of the Ms. Chases them, Races them and matches them to the T and shows us why he is still the best bet as a fiery police officer. I admire the way he has stood his ground. Antony Punnakkaden Spits Fire.

There lots of others who leave a mark. Sreenivasan, Salim Kumar, Dileep, Jayaram, Innocent, Bhavana, Manoj K Jayan,Siddique, Shammi Tilakan, Indrajeet, Madhu and so on. It never seems crowded coz the focus is always on the big 3.The first 20 minutes has a comedy track which may seem unnecessary but nevertheless wait increases anticipation for the Big 3.

Technical Crew:

Hats off to Joshy. 70% of the movie is so racy that many a times u will gasp for breath. Till the point Jayaram starts the flash back, its a superlative pace. After that it slackens a bit. The climax is a dampner. But Joshy has shot it in a way only he could have. I mean its a unique feat. The editing is great. Background Score Apt.

Sibi Udayan, take a bow. No one expected this from them and they have come out all guns blazing. The script is water tight for most parts. Its almost IPL kind of excitement. Sachin pitted against Dhoni. Dhoni pitted against Sehwag. It was something Indians never felt till IPL. Its the same sensation. May be they named it '20-20' for the duals as above and also for the 3 hr power packed entertainment.

Negatives:

The biggest negative is the climax. Its so predictable and cooled off. Its the usual climax for any multi starer revenge drama. From ‘Sphodanam’ to ‘Tashan’, All such movies have this climax. All out baddy bashing. There is no surprise element. Such a dampener that the very last line of the movie when everything is over is " Ennal nammaku ini Angottu neengam".!!!! May be they didn't know how to end the movie.

Music is another sour point. 'Hey Diwana' is catchy only coz of Nayan Thaara. She burns the screen. But u might have surely heard better fast numbers. 'O priya' is well shot to Tamil standards but song is nothing great. Credits song for the old malayalam actors is a good idea but that song again is not good.

There are also some gaping holes in the script towards the end.

The building jump is not such a dampner. Its a jump from the 3rd floor, I guess and the situation is electric.The Mam Lal fight is also superb.
Of the star introductions I liked Mams but Lal after court scene is supreme. That is Lal's real introduction!!!

All in all, I am going with 3.5/5 and a 'Very Good' Rating for 20-20.

Its the best Entertainer I have seen this year.
And the last word to Mr. Daniel Craig. Sorry Mr. Bond, You are 2 days late. Our BONDs have come and they have created an Explosion. I am so drained off that I have no room for you. Better Luck Next Time.

20-20 - Get Your Seat Belts on.!!!!!!!

Its Heart Racing and Pulse Pounding Spectacle.

Here is a video of the crowds in front of Sri Kumar theatre in Trivandrum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxHn9aYzMEM

Regards[/tscii:f244d28db1]

directhit
7th November 2008, 06:25 AM
wow - cant wait to see it, but inga no release :(

directhit
7th November 2008, 06:27 AM
[tscii:122bc679e9]http://sify.com/movies/malayalam/fullstory.php?id=14792442

AMMA’s Twenty:20, has taken the biggest ever opening day net in the history of Malayalam films. It has collected a record Rs 1.74 crore from 115 screens across Kerala, with all of them doing four shows on Wednesday (Nov 5), the opening day.

It clearly means Manjunatha, the distributors must have collected approximately Rs 1.05 crore on the opening day as share. The collections were boosted mainly due to the high ticket rates. In Ernakulam at Saritha, Savitha and Kavitha, Rs 50 Balcony ticket was sold for Rs 75 and Rs 40 First Class ticket was priced at Rs 50.

Due to enhancement of ticket rates by a government order and large number of screens in each center, the collections touched a new high. No film in history has collected Rs 1.05 crore as share on day one of its release.

However on day two, due to a court order, the ticket rates has been reduced and old existing rates have come back. But the best thing that happened is that the word-of-mouth on the film is very good.

On day two of its release T:20 is able to sustain, though net collections have dropped by 20 percent due to reduction in ticket rates. The film is clearly all set to be the highest grossing film in the history of Malayalam films, in the coming weeks! [/tscii:122bc679e9]

directhit
7th November 2008, 06:33 AM
[tscii:a8133e7e9e]http://sify.com/movies/malayalam/review.php?id=14791402&ctid=5&cid=2428

Movie Twenty: 20
Director Joshy
Producer Dileep
Music Suresh Peters
Cast The entire Malayalam film industry comes together :clap:

By Moviebuzz

It’s an Olympian feat to make a multistarrer film especially with Mammootty and Mohanlal that will appeal to the masses and at the same time make their fans happy.

However director Joshy, writers Sibi.K.Thomas and Udayakrishnan, and above all producer Dileep has delivered a stylish, racy and never a dull moment super entertainer with their Twenty:20. It is a winner all the way, a Kidilan and Adipoli masala entertainer with all the ingredients mixed in the right proposition.

The film has a great star cast with two superstars and five other important stars along with 55 other popular faces in Malayalam films. But the good news is that Mammootty and Mohanlal have got equal footage, importance and both are simply outstanding in their respective roles.

They carry the film to its winning post on the strength of their characterization, style and knockout performances. Suresh Gopi steals the show in his own way, while producer Dileep who has the shortest role in the film brings out his impeccable comic timing.

What has made the film work big time is the packaging, presentation and the script flow, the right gags, humour and the sudden twists that make it an edge of the seat thriller with a stunning climax. Everything falls into the groove and is a perfect fit, and there is some newness in the way the story unfolds.

Though the film is nearly 3 hours, it does not drag as there is a twist in every scene and the suspense builds up to a fitting climax. The director and the script writers has worked overtime to make each star’s role and characterization sync with his screen image and mixed it correctly with the commercial masala ingredients and slickly packaged along with light hearted dialogues that will work with the audiences.

sify has the whole story as spoilers :twisted:

Mohanlal in the court has an eyeball to eyeball confrontation with Mammootty, with Tirupachi background music, as the screen explodes – INTERVAL! :P 8-)

Move over Fazil, Joshy and his script writers have done a better job here than what you saw in Harikrishnans, when the two superstars came together! In sum, T:20, is an escapist story with sufficient thrills. It is a blockbuster in the making and is refreshingly fresh, innovative entertaining and highly recommended. Go for it![/tscii:a8133e7e9e]

ajaybaskar
2nd December 2008, 10:49 AM
Saw T20. Racy movie. Both Mammooty and Mohanlal are terrific to watch.