PDA

View Full Version : || Thalaivan Irukkiran | Kamal Hassan ||

ajaybaskar
12th November 2008, 12:33 PM
Kamal's plans for Thalaivan Irukkiran

November 12, 2008

So what if Trisha and Shriya were straining their muscles to learn martial arts and the nuances of Tamil language for Marma Yogi? All this will not hopefully go down the drain now that Marma Yogi is abandoned. Kamal is planning to utilize the dates of these two pretty lasses for his next venture, Thalaivan Irukkiran. Since Sai Mira couldn't mobilize funds for Marma Yogi, the project is, in all probabilities, shelved.

Tentatively titled Thalaivan Irukkiran, the new movie is touted to be a racy adventure comedy with involvement from some of the bigwigs of the Indian film industry. The movie will star the likes of Mohanlal, Rishi Kapoor, and Venkatesh and scored by A R Rahman. Kamal directs Thalaivan Irukkiran while Gemini Film Circuit will produce this venture, to be shot in the USA and Switzerland. An official announcement in this regard is expected soon.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/nov-08-02/kamal-12-11-08.html[/b]

Scale
12th November 2008, 01:22 PM
Its better we wait for the audio release and then open a thread and discuss further. ennaala mudiyala... varusaiya (3) stickum gaali. inga "Thalaivan Irukkiran" "Kalakkuraan" na adhu ARR mattum thaan.

rayan36
12th November 2008, 01:47 PM
Its better we wait for the audio release and then open a thread and discuss further. ennaala mudiyala... varusaiya (3) stickum gaali. inga "Thalaivan Irukkiran" "Kalakkuraan" na adhu ARR mattum thaan.

relax bro unga kovom puriyithu... :lol:

Yathu
12th November 2008, 06:43 PM
Another Pancha Thanthiram type movie with ARR scoring the music? Hmmmm.... :|

lancelot
12th November 2008, 07:22 PM
Another Pancha Thanthiram type movie with ARR scoring the music? Hmmmm.... :|

i 2 do not like the idea of this.... but lets hope its something like Anbe Sivam, an awesome movie... ohhh Kamal give us something like that again... PLEASEEEE!!!!!!!!

hehe
:D

baba88
12th November 2008, 11:15 PM
i heard that it's an action thriler. So it will be like another vettayadu villayadu or Kakka Kakka

MrIndia
13th November 2008, 04:48 AM
i heard that it's an action thriler. So it will be like another vettayadu villayadu or Kakka Kakka

my guess is that its abt gundaism,political thalaivers,Demi-Gods

ajaybaskar
13th November 2008, 01:46 PM

my guess is that its abt gundaism,political thalaivers,Demi-Gods

Ippo adhuva mukkiyam.... Namakku "Thalaivar Irukkiraar" .Thats enough...

thilak4life
13th November 2008, 02:07 PM
Let's not forget Rahman gave a good album for multi-starrer film with a gangster/politician subplot - "Ayutha Ezhuthu". Since that, he has not composed for a "serious" film. Of course, the "quality" isn't of Kannathil muthamittal or Iruvar levels, but still AE is far more interesting "film/project" since KM.

I enjoy Rahman's work such as "Sakkarakatti", "Sivaji", etc. But It'd be nice to see him working in this film. About time he was tested by different filmmakers in Tamil cinema. I don't mean to undermine likes of Shankar, SJ Surya, Kadhir, etc when I say this, but it'd be nice to see visuals which has far more creative vision behind it, like in this case, KH.

crajkumar_be
13th November 2008, 02:59 PM
Let's not forget Rahman gave a good album for multi-starrer film with a gangster/politician subplot - "Ayutha Ezhuthu". Since that, he has not composed for a "serious" film. Of course, the "quality" isn't of Kannathil muthamittal or Iruvar levels, but still AE is far more interesting "film/project" since KM.

I enjoy Rahman's work such as "Sakkarakatti", "Sivaji", etc. But It'd be nice to see him working in this film. About time he was tested by different filmmakers in Tamil cinema. I don't mean to undermine likes of Shankar, SJ Surya, Kadhir, etc when I say this, but it'd be nice to see visuals which has far more creative vision behind it, like in this case, KH.
Yeah, if it materializes, a project worth scoring for ARR after the kind of films he's been working in, in TFM

ajaybaskar
14th November 2008, 05:11 PM
[tscii:dbe04ef90f]The much-awaited Kamal Haasan film Marmayogi produced by Pyramid Saimira has been officially dropped. The reason the production house cites is the budget of Rs. 100 crore quoted by Kamal seems too much for the house to fund at a time when the economy is in the red. Adding to Kamal’s woes is Hema Malini’s recent announcement in an interview about her inability to accommodate dates for the changing schedules of Marmayogi and her disinterest in doing Tamil films. Now Kamal has decided to do a film titled Thalaivan Irukkiran that he will write and direct. The music will be by A. R. Rahman. It is an action film and will be made in Tamil, Telugu, Hindi and Malayalam on a budget of Rs. 60 crore.

http://www.hindu.com/cp/2008/11/14/stories/2008111450260900.htm[/tscii:dbe04ef90f]

dinesh2002
14th November 2008, 06:32 PM
[tscii:92edc0f9c1]The much-awaited Kamal Haasan film Marmayogi produced by Pyramid Saimira has been officially dropped. The reason the production house cites is the budget of Rs. 100 crore quoted by Kamal seems too much for the house to fund at a time when the economy is in the red. Adding to Kamal’s woes is Hema Malini’s recent announcement in an interview about her inability to accommodate dates for the changing schedules of Marmayogi and her disinterest in doing Tamil films. Now Kamal has decided to do a film titled Thalaivan Irukkiran that he will write and direct. The music will be by A. R. Rahman. It is an action film and will be made in Tamil, Telugu, Hindi and Malayalam on a budget of Rs. 60 crore.

http://www.hindu.com/cp/2008/11/14/stories/2008111450260900.htm[/tscii:92edc0f9c1]

yeah, i heard even Shriya and Trisha is in the film as well.... :)... he didint want to waste their callsheets i think....

raagas
15th November 2008, 02:16 AM
Is it really a well-thought of film, with enough effort on script? is it a film being done in hurry, just to compensate for the not happening of MY. Roping in same stars (females and Telugu actor Venkatesh) seems as if they want to use the dates/call-sheets and hence doing a mishmash and making a film (with some story they already have) and that sounds as if not enough time has been spent on scripting and casting. if that is true..film will turn into a shallow movie with stars and music but no substance. A film should be made for itself..not bcoz you have stars under disposal.

ofcourse, all this could be wrong, if this is a well thought of and well scripted film.

Scale
18th November 2008, 12:55 PM
Rahman-um Irukka Vendum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7xsRkf8bQQ

:rotfl: :rotfl:

vnkatkumar
19th November 2008, 01:14 PM
i found this info on South Side i for long thought this site was not in use at all but suddenly the whole thing has been revamped and are coming out with information that i haven't heard before. Check out this info on marmayogi
http://southside.in/buzz_details.php?buzz_id=72

Also i heard kamal has released a press inhfo that says that Marmayogi is just temporarily put on hold and not dropped as media reports suggest and that his next movie is not titled Thalaivan Irukkiraan but Thalaivan Irukindraan and that Rehman in the MD for this project

crajkumar_be
20th November 2008, 11:28 AM
Rahman-um Irukka Vendum

Himes bhai, himes bhai :lol:

A.ANAND
20th November 2008, 03:58 PM
Rahman-um Irukka Vendum

appa engga thalaivar illaya! :confused2: :cry:

crajkumar_be
21st November 2008, 02:39 PM
Rahman-um Irukka Vendum

appa engga thalaivar illaya! :confused2: :cry:
I just replied for the video... Till now it looks like Rahman but official-a endha news-um varraadhadhunaala lighta tension :shaking:

nickraman
22nd November 2008, 10:29 AM
Rahman-um Irukka Vendum

That's the guy who sang for Dasavathaaram. The song in question, Ulaga Nayagan. He was Himesh's protege and 2nd finalist in Sa re ga ma pa 2005.

dinesh2002
6th February 2009, 07:04 PM
[tscii:068a0ace34]Thalaivan Irukkiraan commences
February 06, 2009

The much sought after super heroes of the Tamil and Malayalam Tinsel world, Kamal and Mohanlal will pace together proving their prowess in Kamal's Thalaivan Irukkiraan. The movie has no Hero and Heroine in particular. Sources aver that it’s the remake of the movie 'A Wednesday'. Nasser is also in the cast. The shooting schedules are said to begin on 25th February, A Wednesday in the calendar again.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/feb-09-01/kamal-06-02-09.html
[/tscii:068a0ace34]

dinesh2002
6th February 2009, 07:11 PM
[tscii:677c6ff761]Kamal to shoot from Feb 25
IndiaGlitz [Friday, February 06, 2009]

The latest buzz doing the rounds in Kollywood is that the film that will bring Kamal Haasan and Mohanlal together 'Thalaivan Irukkinran' would go to floors from the 25th of February.

According to reports 'Thalaivan Irukkinran' would be the remake of the Bollywood hit 'A Wednesday' that featured Naseeruddin Shah and Anupam Kher in lead roles. It was a film about a frustrated middle-aged man who plants bombs across the city to drive home a point to the government.

Sources add Kamal Haasan would play the role enacted by Naseeruddin Shah while Mohanlal would don the character enacted by Anupam Kher. The movie would be directed by Chakri, who had formal training in direction from the institute of film-learning in Hollywood. Kamal Haasan however denied reports that appeared in a section of the media that ‘Marmayogi’ has been dropped.

It has been confirmed that 'Marmayogi' to be directed by Kamal Haasan, was only postponed and not shelved. It's indeed a big disappointment for Kamal Haasan's fans, who expected their 'hero' to go ahead with yet another swashbuckling performance in 'Marmayogi'.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/44834.html[/tscii:677c6ff761]

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd January 2012, 09:15 PM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Kamal-Hassan-returns-with-Amar-Hain/articleshow/11599690.cms

After a long hiatus, the actor who doesn't believe in dubbing, is now ready to create a separate Hindi version of not one but two of his big-ticket Tamil films

Just returned from a month-long shoot of the Rs 100 crore Vishwaroopam, billed the actor's biggest film yet, and he is already on to his next plum project, Amar Hain, a film that takes a dispassionate look at the legitimisation of corruption in present-day India.

In typical Kamal Hassan style, Amar Hain too, is being made in two different languages, Tamil and Hindi, and Hassan will direct and play the lead in both versions.

A super-charged Hassan tells us, "It's a script that I wrote two years ago and put aside because it required great intellectual and financial inputs. I think I am now ready on both counts."

As such, Amar Hain is a film that says it like it is; it isn't judgmental about corruption, it looks at contemporary mores dispassionately, he adds.

The other angle is the invisibility of global crime lords in the era of technology. "In the digital era, everything including crime is on the computer and the phone. That's why we never see global players in the crime game, land in our country. They don't need to since all their work is digitally manouevred. Amar Hain goes into all of this," Hassan reveals.

Atul Tiwari, who is writing the dialogues for the Hindi Vishwaroopam will also be doing the dialogues for the Hindi Amar Hain. For Hassan, "Tiwari gets the sur right and that is very important in relocating the language and culture from Tamil to Hindi through the spoken word." He goes on to say, "This is also why I've always stayed away from dubbed films. I prefer to do films in two languages although it's time consuming and costly. And so it is with Vishwaroopam and Amar Hain".