PDA

View Full Version : Naakka Muukka ..... nonsense

vnkatkumar
12th November 2008, 10:11 PM
I was one of many viewers who was annoyed by this naaka Mukka song from Kadhalil Vizhundhaen and was waiting for another voice to support me in an attempt to stop such crass from being rolled out in the name of music.. and it was at this juncture i stumbled upon this new site southside, actually tis an old one but has been revamped i guess 'cos it has some hot news and a section called music buzz where they have slaughtered this song and how it was a cheap rip off

Read more and enjoy a good laugh
http://southside.in/buzz_details.php?buzz_id=67

viraajan
12th November 2008, 10:18 PM
I'm here to support. I don't like this song. Meaningless, insignificant lyrics. But I'm surprised that this song is well received by the audience.

pavalamani pragasam
12th November 2008, 10:28 PM
A lot of such crap is being churned out for quite some time now to the utmost irritation of people with a little taste and discrimination!!! The way the media succeeds in pushing such crap down the throats of the listeners is just incredible!A phenomenon beyond my comprehension!

interz
13th November 2008, 02:32 AM
I like the song and I dont support you in this matter. Mukkala Mukkabla didnt make sense either.. didnt that become a hit song??

Now and then songs like O podu, Manmatha Raasa, Vaala Meenukkum, Nakku Mookku becomes big hits.

Music is not just melody, music is universal and has many outcomes.

ajithfederer
13th November 2008, 03:50 AM
:lol:

MumbaiRamki
13th November 2008, 07:12 AM
Except the first two lines, i dont think this is a rip off !

I didn't like the song ,but after a loooong time , there has been a song which has brught people to theaters - else how can you explain with a movie with two debutants getting such an opening !

MADDY
13th November 2008, 08:08 AM
Music is not just melody, music is universal and has many outcomes.

and also personal preference........the problem comes when people want a particular genre to be composed in a particular way...........i mean, people who were ok with "annatha aaduraar" from aboorva sagodharargal will not like naaakaa mukka....but why? its bcos they expect all kuthu songs to be like annatha aaduraar :)

i just love this song, the way the guitar rythms start of the song and the fast paced vocals - absolute treat :) ......i generally dont care abt. lyrics and tamil etc etc

pavalamani pragasam
13th November 2008, 08:25 AM
:idea: Demand and supply relationship!!! :huh:

MADDY
13th November 2008, 09:35 AM
:idea: Demand and supply relationship!!! :huh:

all genres are exhausted nowadays.....all sounds are heard-before for people now......it takes lot of experimentation and effort from today's musicians to dish out something that is interesting and likeable for all...........

but there are some very good experiments too like the one my thalaivar did in yuvraaj - manmohini morey......hindustani classical song on trance loops.......music is growing either ways.....but as i told, there is nothing like bad(as in wrong) music :)

viraajan
13th November 2008, 10:29 AM
I like the song and I dont support you in this matter. Mukkala Mukkabla didnt make sense either.. didnt that become a hit song??

:shock:

Thats a great song with grand music. Excellent arrangement of instruments... :D

Tamilan
13th November 2008, 10:43 AM
I am not against this song and at the same time I am not listening because it is not my cup of tea

thilak4life
13th November 2008, 01:10 PM
I hate this song, maybe if it wasn't given a cult status and played countless times, I'd have digested it a bit more.

selvakumar
13th November 2008, 01:36 PM
Blame SUNTV. At first, I liked the song. But pottu pottu pottu thechu.. :x
Same goes to 'emmaadi aathaadi', 'manmadha raasa' etc... :x

aana intha paatu kodukura irritation

thilak4life
13th November 2008, 01:55 PM
Yes, my order of irritation:

1) Naakka muukka - would rather turn deaf
2) Manmadha Raasa - can't bear
3) Vaala Meenukkum - hate it.
4) Emmaadi aathaadi - bored of it and finally to the point of "nothing doing" when it plays in some channel, but initially liked it (seriously) which I can't say the same of the above.

viraajan
13th November 2008, 02:02 PM

Manmadha raasa was far far far better than Nakka Mukka. It had some different kind of music IMO. I liked it for few weeks.

Sanguine Sridhar
13th November 2008, 02:12 PM

:exactly:

For every 10 minutes they are playing this song. One of my relative asked me what is nakka mukka! I said it has to be Naaku, Mukku? :oops: Reminds me "Chiyaan-na enna?" :lol:

Adhukunu nonesense ellam solradhu, not reasonable! This is the song for Kids and for the youth. Chinna pasangala ellam enna paatu kekasolreenga, Veedu varai uravu :huh:

Tamilan
13th November 2008, 02:23 PM
No Chiyan is very famous word in TN villages even before Sethu. But 'Nakka mukka' is a derived word by none other than Vijay Antony. He always plays with tamil words. one such example is 'baskar ennoda lova kappath (not kappathu)' line in dilamo song

madhu
13th November 2008, 03:56 PM
ada.... virundhula ellA items-um irukkum..
pidichadhai sApdunga..

akkam pakka - oru item..
nAkka mukkA-vum oru item.

melody pudichavanga mudhal pAtta kELunga :swinghead:

daNdanakkA daNakunakkA vENumnA... adutha pAttukku thAvunga

:redjump:

pavalamani pragasam
13th November 2008, 04:25 PM
Our 4-year-old grandson is tickled by the sound 'naakka mookka'. He giggles whenever he hears it in TV. That is understandable- he is at an age when different sound combinations arouse curiosity in his present fast learning phase. But grown-ups to be enthralled by such sound experiments(!!!)sounds childish!The music directors have managed to get a bonus set of audience! 'veedu varai uravu'-um kEtkaama 'chinna pasanga' eppadi muzu manushanaa vaLarrathu? jilebi, mysorepa, palkova, sonpapdi, alwa, gulab jamun ellaam adukki vachcha kadaiyila pasai alawa-vum adukki vachchaa 'ee' vanthu paagupaadu paakkaama moykkum, rusi therinjavanga kaasu kuduththu ethai vaanguvaanga? namma sontha TV-yai, radio-vai off paNNalaam, kaathu kiLiya veLi idangaLkaLLa kEtka vENdiyiruppathu kodumai! kaathula panju vachchukittu veLiya pOnga-nnu udanE yaaravathu advise paNNuvaanga! My freedom lost!!! :lol: maraththupOy maRanthupOgum!!!Seasonal saththangkaL mistaken for sangeetham! :huh:

madhu
13th November 2008, 04:33 PM
PP akka..

idhellam passing clouds mAdhiri..
oru vELai real worth irundhA nilaichu irukkum..

illAtti konja naaLLa kANama pOyidum..

so.. ippOdhaikku nammaLum :giggle: senjukkuvOm..

BTW... unga grandson enga sangathu memberthAnE ? :P

pavalamani pragasam
13th November 2008, 04:56 PM
Yes!unga sangaththu members enga veettula niRaiya! latest rowdy maathiri lootty adikkuthu!!!

Sanguine Sridhar
13th November 2008, 05:07 PM
Grown-up-na? endha category? nadakka aarambichone-va? :P
Kuthu song or Gaana song is a subsidiary of folk songs, atleast to me. Kids, teens can enjoy these kind of songs! As they grow up slowly they will reduce listening these songs.

madhu
13th November 2008, 05:26 PM
Yes!unga sangaththu members enga veettula niRaiya! latest rowdy maathiri lootty adikkuthu!!!

:evil: adhellAm enga sangathu active members :redjump:

pavalamani pragasam
13th November 2008, 05:28 PM
konja naaLaa mirchi FM-la oruththi naaL muzukka 'where is the party tonight?'-nnu vidaamaa kEttu nachcharikkiRaa! :lol: Hollywood 'tharaththukku' namma ooru cinemaava koNdu varathukku iththana pEr ivvaLavu paadupaduRatha paaththaa appadiyE pullarikkuthu! :lol:

madhu
13th November 2008, 05:31 PM
konja naaLaa mirchi FM-la oruththi naaL muzukka 'where is the party tonight?'-nnu vidaamaa kEttu nachcharikkiRaa! :lol: Hollywood 'tharaththukku' namma ooru cinemaava koNdu varathukku iththana pEr ivvaLavu paadupaduRatha paaththaa appadiyE pullarikkuthu! :lol:

PP akka..

mirchi ellAm kEkka koodAdhu..
appuRam ipdi ellAm solla koddAdhu :yes:

rAthiri sooriyan FM vachu kELunga..
pazhaiya soft songs ellAm vaikirAnga.. :musicsmile:

pavalamani pragasam
13th November 2008, 05:34 PM
raaththiri ellaam niththiraadevi ennai paattu kEtka vidamaattaaL! :lol: naan kumbakarNanukku akkavaakkum!

selvakumar
13th November 2008, 06:05 PM
rAthiri sooriyan FM vachu kELunga..pazhaiya soft songs ellAm vaikirAnga.. :musicsmile:
Yup ! :notworthy:
Haven't noticed any FM doing like this. They pick very good songs & they play them.. :musicsmile:

MADDY
13th November 2008, 06:22 PM
Our 4-year-old grandson is tickled by the sound 'naakka mookka'. He giggles whenever he hears it in TV. That is understandable- he is at an age when different sound combinations arouse curiosity in his present fast learning phase. But grown-ups to be enthralled by such sound experiments(!!!)sounds childish!The music directors have managed to get a bonus set of audience!

edhu childish?? 40 vayasula yaarume ice cream saapdradhu illaya??? mazhai-la nenaiyura aasai illaya??? they are something very personal just like music choice........indha paatu ice cream saapidura madhiri, yaarum adha dhinamum panradhilla :)

'veedu varai uravu'-um kEtkaama 'chinna pasanga' eppadi muzu manushanaa vaLarrathu?

TN veliya pinna pasanga ellam eppadi manushanga aaguranga?? illa Tamilnadu veliya yaarume muzhu manusana aaguradhe illaya?? theres life beyond MSV and kannadasan :)

Seasonal saththangkaL mistaken for sangeetham! :huh:

music is something divine and very vast...........adhu ellarukkum podhu.....we cant say this is music and this is not.......i hate death metal genre but still i dont call it "unmusic".......prejudice irundha music-a rasikka mudiyaadhu, which explains why there were lesser genres in previous generations and there is a explosion of genres in our gen......we have grown with lot less prejudice :)

pavalamani pragasam
13th November 2008, 08:11 PM
ithukku mEla vaatham, vivaatham seyya enakku thraaNi illai! aaLa vidungappaa!

crajkumar_be
13th November 2008, 08:47 PM
Like many here said, liked it first but its overkill now. And it kind of gets lost after the start...

Loved the Radio Mirchi ad though.. hilarious. "naakku mookku thondai..." :rotfl2:

app_engine
13th November 2008, 10:14 PM
Did anyone read this different perspective from Pa. Raghavan?
http://www.writerpara.net/archives/238

(BTW, Pa.Raghavan writes political articles as series in Kumudam Reporter in an interesting manner - the last one about International terrorism was quite informative)

pavalamani pragasam
13th November 2008, 10:41 PM
adi aaththi! Ph.D., thesis maathiri oru alasal katturai, athukku ambuttu vimarsanam! imputtu vishayam irukkuRa oru paattai paththi mooch vidakkoodaathu naanellaam! :shock:

madhu
14th November 2008, 04:39 AM
:shock: :rotfl: :notthatway:

:redjump: :bluejump: :yes:

:confused2:

:yessir:

pavalamani pragasam
14th November 2008, 08:00 AM
What a gamut of emotions! romba confeesing! :confused2:

A.ANAND
14th November 2008, 09:06 AM
grammy[gramiya] awards waiting for 'naaka mukka' song this year!

sarna_blr
14th November 2008, 10:24 AM
Our 4-year-old grandson is tickled by the sound 'naakka mookka'. He giggles whenever he hears it in TV. That is understandable- he is at an age when different sound combinations arouse curiosity in his present fast learning phase. But grown-ups to be enthralled by such sound experiments(!!!)sounds childish!The music directors have managed to get a bonus set of audience! 'veedu varai uravu'-um kEtkaama 'chinna pasanga' eppadi muzu manushanaa vaLarrathu? jilebi, mysorepa, palkova, sonpapdi, alwa, gulab jamun ellaam adukki vachcha kadaiyila pasai alawa-vum adukki vachchaa 'ee' vanthu paagupaadu paakkaama moykkum, rusi therinjavanga kaasu kuduththu ethai vaanguvaanga? namma sontha TV-yai, radio-vai off paNNalaam, kaathu kiLiya veLi idangaLkaLLa kEtka vENdiyiruppathu kodumai! kaathula panju vachchukittu veLiya pOnga-nnu udanE yaaravathu advise paNNuvaanga! My freedom lost!!! :lol: maraththupOy maRanthupOgum!!!Seasonal saththangkaL mistaken for sangeetham! :huh:

edhukku ivlO kavalappadureenganu puriyala :roll: adhu oru saadhaarana paattu dhaana :)

road'la pOgumbodhu eththanayO saththam kEkkudhu :mrgreen: paththOda padhinonnaa indha paattayum kEttuttu poittE irukkalaam :noteeth:

pavalamani pragasam
14th November 2008, 11:34 AM
Oh, yes, kaaththOda kaaNaamappOgappOthu! aduththa abaththam veLiyaanapiRagu!athukku pOyi alattikkalaamaa?

sarna_blr
14th November 2008, 11:56 AM
yeah :P

rajasaranam
14th November 2008, 03:21 PM
I love the song :) Rap song ellam 'Meesic'nna Kuthu songs'um meesic thaan. Raaja alavukku Orchestration vechutta nejamana makkal paadraanga? Avangalukuu therinja mathiri padrappo atha rasikira mathiri intha paattayum rasikka vendiyathuthaan.

Moreover this urban/yuppie mindset has really spoilt our appreciation of the music of our people and land. We think listening to western music interlaced nos. are hip while 'kuthu' songs are crap. This is a kind of neo-imperialism thrusted upon us by the western/American biased media and we are believing in them unquestioningly. The fair point would to be do a introspection within ourselves and say 'did the song make you groove your body or not?'

The sole purpose of this song was to shake ur body to the rhythm and it is achieved for the 7 crore Tamil people. A few intellectual critics sitting on their armchairs and critising this is not gonna do anything...
Also To do a post-mortem on the level of orchestration in comparison with Raaja and to writeoff it as a crass...whew we can do that on many so called 'Composers' who are 'phamouse' today ;)

Most of them said the lyrics are crap...I while liked lyrics in both the versions which had some deep inner political meanings. i really dont know how many of them paid attention to the lyrcis! Surprisingly like 'Vnkatkumar' I too found a website writing something similar to my thought process
http://www.sanakannan.com/nakamuka.html

vnkatkumar,
you are welcome for further discussions on this topic :twisted:

Sureshs65
14th November 2008, 03:45 PM
I liked the song. Lot of energy but as Pa.Raghavan says in his blog, probably not as good as 'VaaLa Meenukum'. That was a far better song. As everyone mentions, this song gets too much telecast time and becomes an overkill. In case of 'Manmadha Rasa' it became a hit on its own. This song is good but also has lot of backing from Sun TV.

S.Suresh

sarna_blr
14th November 2008, 05:14 PM
http://www.sanakannan.com/nakamuka.html

’ஏய் குத்தாங்கல்லு போட்டு வச்சு ஓலகுடிசை நிக்குது
நட்டாங்கல்லு போட்டு வச்சு நாத்தாங்காலு இருக்குது
அச்சச்சோ மூணுபோகம் ஒருபோகம் ஆச்சுடா...
காயவச்ச நெல்ல்லு இப்போ கடைத்தெருவே போச்சுடா...
நட்டு வச்ச நாத்து இப்போ கருவாடா ஆச்சுடா...
அரவயிறு காவயிறு பசி தான் பட்டினி
சாவு தான் எத்தினி...’

என்று முடிந்தால் பரவாயில்லை. அடுத்தவரிதான் ஏ1.

’எங்கேடா இங்கேடா அடிங்கடா அடிங்கடா
ராஜாவுக்கு கேக்கட்டும்....
அட்ரா அட்ரா நாக்க முக்க நாக்க முக்க...’

அடித்தட்டு மக்கள் தங்கள் சோகத்தைத் தங்களுக்குள் பாடிக்கொண்டால் மட்டும் போதாது. அது ஆட்சியிலுள்ளவர்களுக்கும் உரைக்கவேண்டும் என்று ஒரே வரியில் சொல்லிவிட்டுப் போகிறது பாடல். Fantastic!

and even the O pOdu song from Gemini has meaningfull lines :wink:

and the bloggers view is acceptable :P

sarna_blr
14th November 2008, 05:23 PM
’ஏய் குத்தாங்கல்லு போட்டு வச்சு ஓலகுடிசை நிக்குது

annaarndhu paarkkindra maaligai katti
adhin aruginil Olai gudisai katti :P

நட்டாங்கல்லு போட்டு வச்சு நாத்தாங்காலு இருக்குது

:confused2:

அச்சச்சோ மூணுபோகம் ஒருபோகம் ஆச்சுடா...

:exactly: but oru bogam zero bogamaa aagaama irundhaa sari :oops: :oops:

காயவச்ச நெல்ல்லு இப்போ கடைத்தெருவே போச்சுடா...

:rotfl: :rotfl:

நட்டு வச்ச நாத்து இப்போ கருவாடா ஆச்சுடா...

:banghead: :banghead:

அரவயிறு காவயிறு பசி தான் பட்டினி

:oops2:

சாவு தான் எத்தினி...’

:sigh2:

’எங்கேடா இங்கேடா அடிங்கடா அடிங்கடா
ராஜாவுக்கு கேக்கட்டும்....
அட்ரா அட்ரா நாக்க முக்க நாக்க முக்க...’

sevidan kaadhula sangoodhura maadhiri irukku :bangcomp: :bangcomp:

mass'oda kashttaththa puttu puttu vachchirukkaar :P

mass song'ku idhu dhaan meaning'aa :shock:

sarna_blr
14th November 2008, 05:43 PM
idhu varaikkum indha paatta naan kEttadhu illa :oops: andha blogger solradha paaththaa romba nalla paaattaa irukkumbOla theriyudhu :?

downloadable mp3 version kedakkumaaa :roll:

any body pls help me :)

viraajan
14th November 2008, 05:46 PM
:notthatway:

Sumarana song than darna :D

sarna_blr
14th November 2008, 05:51 PM
:notthatway:

Sumarana song than darna :D

ok :)

downloadable mp3 version kedakkumaa :twisted: en mail id theriyum'la :twisted: mail anuppunga :)

SoftSword
8th December 2008, 06:35 PM
Whenever i listen to this song, i feel like someone is scratching my head with a saw blade.... i mean especially the female voice, i cant tolerate... sometimes we use to feel so when someone drags a metal vessel in a cement floor etc...

i guess there is nothing wrong with the tune or instruments, but the voice been chosen gives me a puke...

but i like the remixed kinda male version...

mgb
8th December 2008, 06:49 PM
PP akka..

naan kumbakarNanukku akkavaakkum! :?

pavalamani pragasam
8th December 2008, 07:07 PM
:idea: :omg: mgb! intha kusumbu aagaathu ungaLukku!!! :twisted: equation-aa pOdugireerkaL? :argh: thanga thambi madhu-vai naan En kumbakarNan enRu sollappOgiREn? raavaNan thambiyaithaan naan sonnEn! :hammer:

madhu
8th December 2008, 08:28 PM
adhai vidunga akka.. ! :P

naan hub pakkam adikkadi varAma pOnadhAlE thoongittEnnu nenachuttAru ganshu ! :mrgreen:

pavalamani pragasam
8th December 2008, 08:38 PM
neenga thoongureengaLO ennamO puthir pOttu kuthichchi kuthichchi enga thookkaththai kedukkuReengaLE?