PDA

View Full Version : Chennai Law College Incident

Pages : [1] 2

MrJudge
13th November 2008, 12:25 PM
The recent Chennai law college incident is the worst in recent times. The cops were watching it and saying they can't enter the premise of a college without the princy's instruction as if they follow every rules in the country. Idiots!! I think TN govt should send them home but as usual they will be suspended for a couple of months and these morons will be back to work. :banghead:

Also the guys who were involved in the incident should be sent home and should not allow them to study anywhere in TN. :banghead: :banghead: Violence should never be encouraged in schools/colleges in any form.

viraajan
13th November 2008, 01:06 PM
The recent Chennai law college incident is the worst in recent times. The cops were watching it and saying they can't enter the premise of a college without the princy's instruction as if they follow every rules in the country. Idiots!! I think TN govt should send them home but as usual they will be suspended for a couple of months and these morons will be back to work. :banghead:

Also the guys who were involved in the incident should be sent home and should not allow them to study anywhere in TN. :banghead: :banghead: Violence should never be encouraged in schools/colleges in any form.

Yes. I was shocked on seeing the report on paper this morninig.

Shame on Police and College Principal. What the fk were they doing? Police being silent spectators and watching the clash. No proper response from Principal SriDev. :rant: Principal says that the examinations will not be postponed for this reason. O**tha, uyir pora alavukku adichurukkanunga, exam romba mukkiyama?

This news ruined my peace of mind this morning itsefl. Cha.... Idiots...

Those 50+ students should not be allowed to continue their studies. Those who were beating others up should be arrested and sent to Vellur for two years. :huh:

wrap07
13th November 2008, 01:40 PM
It was heart breaking and nightmarish to see such a horrendous act. A student was lying unconscious and few others were belting him like anything. you can't even see the whole incident. merciless.

just few metres away, police were busy chatting and watching. :banghead:
horrible sight indeed.

viraajan
13th November 2008, 02:01 PM
It was heart breaking and nightmarish to see such a horrendous act. A student was lying unconscious and few others were belting him like anything. you can't even see the whole incident. merciless.
horrible sight indeed.

that photo made me very upset.

Ina veri pudichu alayaraanga naayinga...

Lambretta
13th November 2008, 02:14 PM
Sorry for my ignorance but I'm not aware of what led to this incident.
What exactly happened among those students?? Y were they beating up this one guy?

Sounds like bl***y student politics! :evil:

viraajan
13th November 2008, 02:37 PM
Sorry for my ignorance but I'm not aware of what led to this incident.
What exactly happened among those students?? Y were they beating up this one guy?

Sounds like bl***y student politics! :evil:

Will let you know this eve. Will go thru the papers? Even they were not clear as why it happened?

Base reason is Community. The clash was between Dalit students and Dravidars.

Another instersting fact is, one group were hostellers and the other group was day schollars, latter were beaten up by the formers :hammers:

So it is very clear, that weapons were used only by the Hostellers :huh:

Shame!!! Shame!!! Shame!!! Shame!!! Shame!!! Shame!!! Shame!!! Shame!!!

MrJudge
13th November 2008, 05:55 PM
horrible sight indeed.

nalla vELai photo thAn pAththeenga. I watched the video on Sun news, I was so upset seeing that last night, very bad. konjam kooda manushath thanmai illAtha pasanga, ivanunga padichchi vanthu ennaththa kizhikka pOrAnungannu theriyala.

viraajan
13th November 2008, 06:05 PM
horrible sight indeed.

nalla vELai photo thAn pAththeenga. I watched the video on Sun news, I was so upset seeing that last night, very bad. konjam kooda manushath thanmai illAtha pasanga, ivanunga padichchi vanthu ennaththa kizhikka pOrAnungannu theriyala.

:shock:

Video vera pottu kaamichangala? :shock:

Nalla vela naan pakka,la?

Padichu vera enna pannuvanga... Yedhir katchi kaara vakkeeela adippanunga... or judge-a (not you :lol: ) adippanga... these animals should be taught a lesson...

P_R
13th November 2008, 06:13 PM
The cops were watching it and saying they can't enter the premise of a college without the princy's instruction
I don't think this can be a rule but only a convention. I have not understood this ever. What nonsense is this ?? :x

wrap07
13th November 2008, 06:13 PM
vidhya, i posted after seeing the video only. I thought you had also seen that. it is good you missed it. oru mathiri ayidum :x

wrap07
13th November 2008, 06:21 PM
The cops were watching it and saying they can't enter the premise of a college without the princy's instruction
I don't think this can be a rule but only a convention. I have not understood this ever. What nonsense is this ?? :x

yes. & when that student is running for safety and being brutalised at the gate, where is the need for the permission. Who is going to stop them. Onlookers were more responsive than the police in this incident.

MrJudge
13th November 2008, 06:21 PM

Padichu vera enna pannuvanga... Yedhir katchi kaara vakkeeela adippanunga... or judge-a (not you :lol: ) adippanga... these animals should be taught a lesson...

Don't watch it, I mistakenly watched it. TV-la pAkkurappO romba mOsamA irunthuchu, nerla pAththa police idiots eppadi summA nikkurAnungannu theriyala.

Yeah, politicians-A varuvAnga illa lawyers Agi ellA criminal vElaiyum pAppAnunga. :twisted:

selvakumar
13th November 2008, 06:27 PM
:(

MADDY
13th November 2008, 06:29 PM

even i missed the video - y'day my frnd saw it and said he couldnt sleep the whole night :oops:

crajkumar_be
13th November 2008, 06:30 PM
Just watched the video. Feel sick to my stomach.
Did that guy survive? And what's the f-ing reason???????

selvakumar
13th November 2008, 06:32 PM

itha sonna policeukku motha LAADAM kattanum.. I haven't seen the video. Not sure whether I would be seeing it.
During JJ's rule, one police officer was transferred for attacking the law students. (forgot h is name). Police entered their hostels & beat them severely I believe. That was a different issue though.
Who knows, these guys would divert the issue on the police itself.

Those barbarians should be severaly punished

selvakumar
13th November 2008, 06:33 PM

Read in few blogs that it was due to gang war & caste problem. Not sure about the later one. One blogger said it could be due to the way they wrote the college name during elections.

Instead of including DR AMBEDKAR's name, they have written it as chennai law college..

crajkumar_be
13th November 2008, 06:34 PM
I haven't seen the video. Not sure whether I would be seeing it.
Please don't

MrJudge
13th November 2008, 06:35 PM
y'day my frnd saw it and said he couldnt sleep the whole night

Me too....

Atleast the English channels boxed out the guy, in tamil channels everything was shown. innum ennAla police vEdikkai pAththatha digest pannavE mudiyala. :cry:

selvakumar
13th November 2008, 06:37 PM
Please don't

Thanks for the warning Bala.
Police oda unarchi marathu poyirukkumnnu nenaikiraen.. Manusana iruntha police thaduthirupaanga !!

crajkumar_be
13th November 2008, 06:37 PM
innum ennAla police vEdikkai pAththatha digest pannavE mudiyala. :cry:
Yes... i shudder

Police are the most dehumanized beings one can ever see... more than terrorists... And till date, i have not seen a single good cop...

P_R
13th November 2008, 06:38 PM

Caste clash (http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/story.aspx?Title=Caste+clash+rocks+Law+College&artid=aak0FlIM4EM=&SectionID=lifojHIWDUU=&MainSectionID=lifojHIWDUU=&SEO=Ambedkar+Law+College,+students,+Chennai&SectionName=rSY%7C6QYp3kQ=)

MrJudge
13th November 2008, 06:41 PM
innum ennAla police vEdikkai pAththatha digest pannavE mudiyala. :cry:
Yes... i shudder

Police are the most dehumanized beings one can ever see... more than terrorists... And till date, i have not seen a single good cop...

Yes, it is true whatever you are saying. But if their kids are beaten up, I hope they will watch just like yesterday. appa mattum pAsam poththukittu varAthunnu namburEn.

selvakumar
13th November 2008, 06:42 PM
[tscii:0d0a65701a]

a few Dalit students objected to the institution being referred to as just ‘government law college’ without the pre-fix ‘Dr Ambedkar’ in posters put up inside the campus by students from a caste Hindu community

Since it was the first year Dalit students who confronted seniors on the poster issue, the latter allegedly vowed not to allow them to sit for the examination.

On Wednesday, trouble started when the caste Hindu students tried to prevent freshers of the Dalit community from appearing for the semester examination.

:banghead: :cry: *@&$&$(*@[/tscii:0d0a65701a]

MADDY
13th November 2008, 06:44 PM
good that they are not mentioning the caste of student who got beaten, otherwise it will become a major issue :(

manusa thanmaye illaya avingalakku :( .....police idhukku varamalaye irundhirukkulaam...............i think the guy survived but dunno the extent of damage :( .......

And till date, i have not seen a single good cop

they are worse than animals since there are good animals too :x

selvakumar
13th November 2008, 06:47 PM
It is time for our govt to deal the *ROOT* of the problem first. Having high hopes that the govt will do it.

MrJudge
13th November 2008, 06:49 PM
Ambedkar peru use panna manasu illAtha pasanga, edhukku "Law college" attend panRnga, eppadi law padikka mudiyum. I don't think both groups will change in 1000 years. eththana jenmam eduththAlum thiruththa mudiyAthu.

MADDY
13th November 2008, 06:51 PM
Having high hopes that the govt will do it.

best of luck....

idha vechhi eppadi 100 vote extra-va vaangalaamnnu iruppanunga politicians :evil:

MADDY
13th November 2008, 06:54 PM
Ambedkar peru use panna manasu illAtha pasanga, edhukku "Law college" attend panRnga, eppadi law padikka mudiyum. I don't think both groups will change in 1000 years. eththana jenmam eduththAlum thiruththa mudiyAthu.

there is caste in everything in TN...........very sorry state of affairs to the periyar sanitized land.... :(

selvakumar
13th November 2008, 06:54 PM

Judge, As far as the "name usage" is concerned, we can blame only one group. As far as the violence, I agree with you.

Maddy, :?

MrJudge
13th November 2008, 06:55 PM
It is time for our govt to deal the *ROOT* of the problem first. Having high hopes that the govt will do it.

I don't think so. South side innum mOsamA irukku. Unless the people involved in both groups realise the value of life or time, no body can change them. Politicians can't do anything in this issue, it is more complicated and beyond their control.

MrJudge
13th November 2008, 06:59 PM
there is caste in everything in TN...........

Yes, it is more evident between only two groups as of today, they get into any level of violence in the name of caste. Rest are trying to lead a peaceful life in TN.

P_R
13th November 2008, 07:00 PM

Selva, I am not as optimistic. Reason is that the caste and political influence are most rampant in Law College than most other colleges. Future வழக்கறிஞர் அணி of all parties come from these characters. Who has the initiative to clean-up ?

Didn't we see there was a scuffle in the Madras Bar Council a few years back. இருகட்சி வழக்கறிஞர்களுக்கு இடையே கைகலப்பு :banghead:

I find student politics itself quite detestable. Even in colleges where there is no influence of political parties, it is very clear that politics brings out the worst in students. Add to that political influence, caste based student unions etc. and you get such despicable characters.

You must see the Delhi Univ elections. NSUI (Congress's student wing) and ABVP (BJP's student wing) clash every year. I hear it is high in Kerala, Bengal too.

Absolute ban on caste based student unions, limiting the scope of political participation, blanket ban on political party presence in campus are all necessary IMO. Do you think any party will dare to do this ?

MADDY
13th November 2008, 07:01 PM

i mean, even after periyar doing so much to knock sense into people, they havent changed and going backwards :( .........i gave u some examples remember, auto driver in chennai saying auto rates have increased due to low caste auto drivers :shock: ......there is caste in everything, kudikkara tea-lerndhu, padikkura books-lerndhu, eriyura sudugaadu varaikkum ella edathhilum jaadhi jaadhi jaadhi :x :(

MrJudge
13th November 2008, 07:02 PM

Judge, As far as the "name usage" is concerned, we can blame only one group. As far as the violence, I agree with you.

Yes, Selva. I was talking about the general enmity both have for each other not only in law college.

villan007
13th November 2008, 07:02 PM
:(

Tamilan
13th November 2008, 07:05 PM

this is not good i guess, because we don't know the previous inicidents happened pre-poster issue in the college.

IMO, we badly missing Gandhi type ahimsa leader who not believe in violence

P_R
13th November 2008, 07:06 PM
auto driver in chennai saying auto rates have increased due to low caste auto drivers :lol:

villan007
13th November 2008, 07:15 PM
ithuku cbe law college oda classroom,jannal ellam thuvamsam pantanuva :shock: :shock: ... saw in sun news just now

selvakumar
13th November 2008, 07:16 PM
Prabu, I agree with you. Ofcourse, I shouldn't have expected it from the govt. However, since the issue is serious, I think they will take severe actions. Let us see. As you said, I won't be surprised if they also join the group of elite police that witnessed this cruel act.

Absolute ban on caste based student unions, limiting the scope of political participation, blanket ban on political party presence in campus are all necessary IMO. Do you think any party will dare to do this ?
Can't agree with you more. Kerala la ellam politics thaan full time profession pola :oops: They have that in their system of education itself (I assume). It is very bad indeed.

I have read that MGR banned RSS in schools. Privateschools & colleages (not the minority insts) don't allow these.. right ? (at least in TN)

MrJudge
13th November 2008, 07:17 PM
ithuku cbe law college oda classroom,jannal ellam thuvamsam pantanuva :shock: :shock: ... saw in sun news just now

If govt doesn't take any preventive measures immediately, I think this is going to be a big issue pretty soon :x

selvakumar
13th November 2008, 07:19 PM
this is not good i guess, because we don't know the previous inicidents happened pre-poster issue in the college.

IMO, we badly missing Gandhi type ahimsa leader who not believe in violence
Please read my post again.

viraajan
13th November 2008, 07:35 PM
vidhya, i posted after seeing the video only. I thought you had also seen that. it is good you missed it. oru mathiri ayidum :x

:( :(

selvakumar
13th November 2008, 07:36 PM
My reaction was to your previous post. Prabu had given explanation to that & I agree with you.

i mean, even after periyar doing so much to knock sense into people, they havent changed and going backwards :( .........
You are right. These incidents illustrate us how big his vision was & we can understand his POV well. avar maari oruthar inga iruntha piragum ippadinna.. illama nenachu paarkavae mudiyala.. I think I will personally realise the value of his policies more during these type of events.

Villan, CBE la aen attack pannuraanga.. yaar paanunathu ?

viraajan
13th November 2008, 07:37 PM

even i missed the video - y'day my frnd saw it and said he couldnt sleep the whole night :oops:

Seriously sudhir. Its good that we missed it. The photo itself ruined my peace of mind for quite few hours (that too morning itself) . Video patha :shock:

viraajan
13th November 2008, 07:40 PM

adhellam nadakkadhu judge. this will a forgotten incident after a week. its usual. :huh:

P_R
13th November 2008, 08:13 PM
Defeating caste in society ellAm big agenda. But to keep educational institutions - breeding grounds for new generations - free of malevolent influences of caste and party politics is a specific
agenda which can be achieved.

There is nothing in schooling/education itself that will remove caste prejudices. It is not the content of the learning. The whole experience, growing up along side people from various backgrounds etc. is what makes each generation more broadminded than the previous generation. But for it to happen, then the institutions and the powers that be should really "will" that caste and party factionism are things that the students are not exposed to.

I really don't expect this to come from the politicians whose existence is based on the party's support base and caste group support.

Will the Judiciary intervene and ban caste unions/parties in colleges ? To some extent it violates the Fundamental Right to Union. So it is tricky and I think legally a PIL asking for this will be overturned. I really don't know how this vicious cycle will ever be broken. At the end of the day we also vote for "eriyura koLLiyila nalla koLLi".

As far as issues like corruption, political pandeing etc. go, I have lost hope. I have seen student election campaigns - no party politics involved mind you - where the campaigners went to unbelievable lows in their efforts to get elected. Who teaches 19-20 year olds that they have to behave like that to win. And that anything can be done for such a victory, and the ends are 'powers' that permit financial misconduct and what not. Really vexing.

pavalamani pragasam
13th November 2008, 08:21 PM
:sigh2:

villan007
13th November 2008, 08:24 PM
Villan, CBE la aen attack pannuraanga.. yaar paanunathu ?

law college students thaan.. strike pannraingalam

joe
13th November 2008, 08:26 PM
:omg: ennala paakka mudiyalla ..kannai moodikitten :cry:

Kaattu mirandigal :evil: :x

crajkumar_be
13th November 2008, 08:28 PM
Ambedkar Law College has a rep for being one of the most notorious in the city... in terms of rowdyism
city parlance la "weghtu", "attu", "sarpu" etc... Such an environment is nurtured year after year. In fact, students "look up" to their peers from this college :banghead:

Sid_316
13th November 2008, 08:29 PM
:( Sad... :shaking: i cud not bear it the police r simply standing when a guy is getting beaten up to death

P.S : Dont watch that video.. its highly disturbing

Sid_316
13th November 2008, 08:34 PM
Ambedkar Law College has a rep for being one of the most notorious in the city... in terms of rowdyism
city parlance la "weghtu", "attu", "sarpu" etc... Such an environment is nurtured year after year. In fact, students "look up" to their peers from this college :banghead:

Exactly thats wat i heard!.. but how will this change? :confused2: it will just keep continuing.,.. :curse:

joe
13th November 2008, 08:36 PM
Please don't

Yesterday when i watching sunTV news ,they shown this ..Chai ..atleas for 2 hours i was restless :cry:

Sun Tv id**ts innikum news-la kaamichanga ..Naan kannai thiruppikitten. :oops:

ippadiyum manusanga irupangala ..naalaiya samuthayatha ninaicha payama irukku :cry: :roll:

Those students ,Police ,principal all should be punished seviourly :evil: :x

joe
13th November 2008, 08:52 PM
http://pitchaipathiram.blogspot.com/2008/11/blog-post_13.html

joe
13th November 2008, 08:55 PM
http://www.athishaonline.com/2008/11/blog-post_13.html

dev
13th November 2008, 08:58 PM
Enna solradhune theriyalai... :(

app_engine
13th November 2008, 09:22 PM
:angry2:

ஏட்டுப்படிப்பறிவுக்கும் பகுத்தறிவுக்கும் ஒரு சம்பந்தமுமில்லை என மீண்டும் நிரூபிக்கும் கொடும் நிகழ்வு:-(

வன்முறை இளம் மனங்களில் பல விதங்களில் விதைக்கப்படுகிறது - மனித நேயம் , அன்பு விளைக்கத்தான் ஆள் பற்றாக்குறை:-(

தனி மனிதனாக நாம் ஒவ்வொருவரும் என்ன செய்ய இயலும்? நிச்சயம் சில உள:

செய்யத்தக்கன (do's):
1. உன்னைப்போல் பிறனை நேசி (பிறன் = எல்லா மனிதரும், குறிப்பாக தன் இனம், நாடு, மொழி, மதம் அல்லாதோர்)
2. வாய்ப்புக்கிட்டும்போதெல்லாம் இதை உரத்துச்சொல், போதி
3. பிள்ளைகளுக்கு அன்பைப்புகட்டு, போதி
4. சாதகமான உயர்நோக்கங்களை வாழ்வில் கொள்

செய்யத்தகாதன (don't s)
1. வன்முறையைப்புகழ்த்தும் பொழுதுபோக்குகளை - எந்த வடிவிலும் - தவிர்
2. பிரிவினை செய்யும் பேச்சுக்கள் வேண்டாம்
3. பிள்ளைகளுக்கு இனப்பிரிவு சொல்லாதீர், பள்ளியில் அந்தக்கட்டத்தை நிரப்பாதீர்
4. எந்த வடிவிலும் வன்முறையை உயர்த்தாதீர் (உ-ம்: பாகிஸ்தான்காரனை அடித்தாலும் வன்முறை தான்)

புதிய சமுதாயம் - இத்தகைய தனி மனிதர்கள் சேர்ந்து உண்டாவது தான்:-)

புத்தம் புது பூமி வேண்டும்!

HonestRaj
13th November 2008, 09:35 PM
Only now I read the newspaper :(

(morning , my colleague told there is some clash between 2 group of students.. I never thought like this)

Not going to c the video... This sun tv will go for any extent to make news & money

Previously, students used to fight for girls.. now they started doing caste politics... I am sure.. naama padikkumpodhu namma friends yaru kittayum "nee endha jadhi'nu ketrukka mattoam"

This is not the end.. I think this is the begining.. ini vedi gundu kalacharam ellam parkka vendi irukkum :sigh2:

joe
13th November 2008, 09:42 PM
A comment in thatstamil.com
இந்த விஷயத்துல போலீஸை குற்றம் சொல்றதுக்கு ஒண்ணும் இல்லை... போலீஸ் உள்ளே போய் தடுத்து இருந்தாலும்,கடைசியா அவர்களைதான் மீடியாக்களும் அரசியல்வாதிகளும் குற்றம் சொல்ல போகிறார்கள். இதே போன்ற சம்பவம் கடந்த ஏழு வருடங்கலுக்கு முன்பு நடைபெற்றது. அப்பொழுது சமாதானம் பண்ண முயன்ற போலீஸ் மீது தாக்குதல் நடந்தது..போலீஸ் திருப்பி தாக்கியது. ஆனால் போலீஸ் அராஜகம் என்றார்கள் மீடியாக்களும்,அரசியல்வாதிகளும்.

சட்டக்கல்லூரியில் படிக்கும்...மன்னிக்கவும்..இருக்கும் அனைவருமே அரசியல்வாதிகளின் கைக்கூலிகள் என்பது போலீஸ்காரர்களும்(மக்களும்) அறிந்த உண்மை. இதில் யாரை போலீஸ் கண்டிப்பது????

மொத்தத்தில் சட்டக்கல்லூரி என்பது ரௌடிகளின் கூடாரம் என்பது மறுக்க முடியாத உண்மை.

joe
13th November 2008, 09:43 PM
ஏன் இந்த வெறித்தனம்?

சமீபத்தில் நடந்த தேவர் ஜெயந்தியையொட்டி மாணவர்களில் ஒரு தரப்பினர் நந்தனம் தேவர் சிலைக்கு மாலை அணிவித்தனர். அப்போது மாணவர்கள் ஓட்டிய போஸ்டர்களில் கல்லூரியின் பெயரில் உள்ள அம்பேதகர் என்ற பெயரை சேர்க்கவில்லையாம்.

இதையடுத்து இன்னொரு பிரிவு மாணவர்கள் பிரச்சினை செய்துள்ளனர். இதன் விளைவாகத்தான் நேற்று கொலை வெறித் தாக்குதல் நடந்துள்ளதாக கூறப்படுகிறது.

நேற்று தாக்குதலில் ஈடுபட்டவர்கள் அனைவரும் 2ம் ஆண்டு மாணவர்கள், அடிபட்டவர்கள் 3ம் ஆண்டு மாணவர்கள்.

joe
13th November 2008, 09:44 PM
கல்லூரிகளில் சாதி ,மத ,அரசியல் சார்ந்து இயங்குபவர்களை உடனே வெளியே தள்ள வேண்டும் :x

joe
13th November 2008, 09:46 PM
vazhakkampola idharkkum sappai kattu kattum arasangam :banghead:

ithukku vithai pottathu yaarunnu ungaLukku theriyuma anne :evil:

Nerd
13th November 2008, 09:54 PM
I never knew a video clip existed. It was disgusting to read it this morning. A real shame!

viraajan
13th November 2008, 10:01 PM

neenga solradha paatha.... hmmm... i understand :(

HonestRaj
13th November 2008, 10:02 PM

Just asking whether any serious action wud be taken.. thats it!!!!!

joe
13th November 2008, 10:06 PM

Just asking whether any serious action wud be taken.. thats it!!!!!

Muthalla captain kadchi nirvaagigaLa more than 40% yen avar jaathi kaaran irukkangannu avar kitta poi keLunga :x

villan007
13th November 2008, 10:08 PM
Joe, logic idikuthe... govt edukra steps kum DMDK party members % kum enna sambantham

HonestRaj
13th November 2008, 10:10 PM
Muthalla captain kadchi nivaagigaLa more than 40% yen avar jaathi kaaran irukkangannu avar kitta poi keLunga :x

enna neenga.. nan enna andha katchi urupinarnu ennaikkavadhu solli irukkena... avarudaya pangalai rasippadhu oru kutrama..

I'll delete that line from my post

:wave:

joe
13th November 2008, 10:12 PM
Joe, logic idikuthe... govt edukra steps kum DMDK party members % kum enna sambantham

Inge pala perukku ore logic thaan ..enge gap kidacha karunanithiya thittalam ..athaan .

athukku munnala avanga thooki pidikkuRa aaLungaloda ladchaNangala konjam paakkuRathu nallathu.

HonestRaj
13th November 2008, 10:16 PM
- Edited by me -

MADDY
13th November 2008, 10:17 PM
ladchaNangala konjam paakkuRathu nallathu.

dhayavu seidhu indha arasangathha support pannittu mathhavanga latchanathha pathhhi ellam pesaadhinga........oore sirikkudhu...........idhukku mela enna law & order breakdown venum?? makkal kondhalichhu poi irukkanga, bayandhu poi irukkanga, andha image-a modhalla neekkanum arasangam

joe
13th November 2008, 10:19 PM
andha image-a modhalla neekkanum arasangam

Antha image-a yaar thoondi viduraangannu poga poga theriyum

villan007
13th November 2008, 10:20 PM
:oops:

villan007
13th November 2008, 10:21 PM
ennathan try pannalum politics ulla varuthe... me esscape :yessir:

MADDY
13th November 2008, 10:28 PM
it seems the caste of the person who got hit came to be known :shaking: or was it a foregone conclusion :roll: .......i hope this doesent spread into something big........

HonestRaj
13th November 2008, 10:30 PM
:oops:

enna villan... unarchivasappattu typepannittu :oops: pottuteenga... oru vegathula adha quote panni nan post type pannitaen.. apram nanum post pannme close pannitaen... "This is not the right place-nu"

MADDY
13th November 2008, 10:31 PM
shame thread reaching 100 pages - makes me cringe in shame really.......avalavu mosamana naada nam naadu :cry2:

joe
13th November 2008, 10:33 PM
it seems the caste of the person who got hit came to be known :shaking: or was it a foregone conclusion :roll: .......i hope this doesent spread into something big........

Maddy,
What happened was a ruthless kaattumiRandi thanam ..But ithu media capture pannalinna neengaLum naanum ithai just like that vittutu poyiduvom.

Ithai kannala pakkurathaala nammala thaanga mudiyalla :cry:

But ithai vida pala madangu aniyaayangal ,vanmuRaigal evvaLavo nadakkuthu ..athai naama pakkala ..just padichathaala athanoda depth theriyalla .

villan007
13th November 2008, 10:36 PM
. "This is not the right place-nu"

ejaatly.. also its really difficult to convince people :P

joe
13th November 2008, 10:46 PM
Maddy,
I agree that police were irresponsible .

Even if police go and charge the violent students ,Next day all media will have following news.

1.சட்டக்கல்லூரியில் போலீஸ் புகுந்து மாணவர்கள் மீது சரமாரி தாக்கு

2. மாநிலம் முழுவதும் மாணவர்கள் போலீஸ் அராஜகத்தை எதிர்த்து போராட்டம்.

3. போலீஸ் அராஜகம் - சட்டசபையில் அமளி எதிர்கட்சிகள் வெளிநடப்பு.

4. போலீஸ் அராஜகம் -பொறுப்பேற்று கருணாநிதி பதவி விலக வேண்டும் -ஜெயலலிதா

(Note : Not to justify police irresponsibility ,Politicians(AaLunkadchi ,ethirkadchi and all) are always use these issues for their gain)

P_R
13th November 2008, 11:08 PM
As Durai Murugan said in the assembly today, strange that the protests are coming from the party of those who burnt three girls alive in a college bus just to register their protest.

I don't think we should consider either party better than the other in matters like this. Both will not lose the slightest opportunity to politicize the situation, won't take any decision that jeopardizes vote bank of 'powerful' castes, will provide abundant lip service on being champions of equality. But despite the extreme annoyance and frustrtation we have, no matter what philosophical latitudes we talk here, finally every five years we are faced with the question that I am finding increasingly vexing: choose this or that.

I really don't think there is even a single damned difference. As columnist Gnani writes: iraNdukkum niRaiya vithyAsam iruppadhu pOla thOnRum; uNmaiyil vithyAsamE kidaiyAdhu. I found that to be a sweeping statement. But when seeing things of this sort I am more and more inclined to agree with him.

P_R
13th November 2008, 11:08 PM
----repeated post-------

MADDY
13th November 2008, 11:10 PM
Maddy,
I agree that police were irresponsible .

Even if police go and charge the violent students ,Next day all media will have following news.

1.சட்டக்கல்லூரியில் போலீஸ் புகுந்து மாணவர்கள் மீது சரமாரி தாக்கு

2. மாநிலம் முழுவதும் மாணவர்கள் போலீஸ் அராஜகத்தை எதிர்த்து போராட்டம்.

3. போலீஸ் அராஜகம் - சட்டசபையில் அமளி எதிர்கட்சிகள் வெளிநடப்பு.

4. போலீஸ் அராஜகம் -பொறுப்பேற்று கருணாநிதி பதவி விலக வேண்டும் -ஜெயலலிதா

(Note : Not to justify police irresponsibility ,Politicians(AaLunkadchi ,ethirkadchi and all) are always use these issues for their gain)

hmmm true, but its like kadamai-ya senjittu thittu vaanguradhu evalavo mael.......but joe, police are hardened criminals, otherwise, how can they chew bubble gum and stand silently on seeing such a ruthless incident :x

Tamilan
13th November 2008, 11:33 PM
Writer Paa. Raagavan

http://www.writerpara.net/archives/261

and

another one

http://balaji_ammu.blogspot.com/2008/11/467.html

Tamilan enru sollada thalai kuninthu nillada

Tamilan
13th November 2008, 11:41 PM
It seems a minister involved in stopping police

Lambretta
14th November 2008, 12:39 AM
I am sure these guys dont give a shit about Dr.Ambedkar and his principles! I am sure most of them dont even know what he did for the country, but just use his name for political mileage. Some clever b*gger used the sentiments of hot blooded youths and these $uckers feel they are heroes!

kannannn
14th November 2008, 01:12 AM
Just watched the video. I was shocked, but the shock was rather shortlived (I have seen a rowdy running with his hand hanging by a nerve on Chennai streets). Knowing Law College and knowing its place in the 'Unholy Trinity', I think its obvious what must have gone on beyond what meets the public eye. I don't have much to add to what has been said here.

My main concern is the namecalling by our hubbers of TN police. Should they have helped? Sure!! But that apart, we need to understand that our police are understaffed even by Indian standards (I think there is 1 policeman for about 600 civilians in Chennai and about 10% of the vacancies are yet to be fulfilled), underequipped, and above all work within the boundaries set by the political masters of the day. Yet, they do their duty quite commendably. Of course, there is lot of room for improvement and of course they should have done something on the day, but to call them 'hardened criminals' is taking it to the extreme!! Just my two cents.

app_engine
14th November 2008, 02:53 AM
Some changes in மாநகர காவல்:

http://dinamalar.com/pothunewsdetail.asp?News_id=8325&cls=&ncat=TN

Nerd
14th November 2008, 08:58 AM
and above all work within the boundaries set by the political masters of the day.
You got a point there. But, they must have done something since there were so many of them on the spot. (at least on humanitarian grounds) May be the influential people would have supspended/transferred them if they had taken action against those hooligans. Now though they are suspended for their *lack* of action. The outburst by our hubbers is understandable, that was exactly how I felt after watching the videos. Have seen such violence happening (in Trichy law college) but the police were not present at the scene. Once they arrived the students (??) decided not to continue the act. May be this *set* is more powerful, but its plain disgusting. But why is that the law colleges are famous for such incidents?

MADDY
14th November 2008, 09:17 AM
but to call them 'hardened criminals' is taking it to the extreme!!

they must have done something since there were so many of them on the spot. (at least on humanitarian grounds)

what do u call people who dont have humanity in them :roll: .......

But why is that the law colleges are famous for such incidents?

a. people with political influence only secure seat there (thats wat i heard)
b. people who dont get admissions elsewhere land up here (cream of baddies :wink: )
c. seniors who complete their term but not exams too stay in hostels
d. outsiders too stay in hostel

this is applicable only for chennai law college i mean Dr.Ambedkar Govt law college :)

viraajan
14th November 2008, 09:23 AM
this is applicable only for chennai law college i mean Dr.Ambedkar Govt law college :)

ushaarana party thaan neenga :lol:

selvakumar
14th November 2008, 09:29 AM
ஏன் இந்த வெறித்தனம்?

சமீபத்தில் நடந்த தேவர் ஜெயந்தியையொட்டி மாணவர்களில் ஒரு தரப்பினர் நந்தனம் தேவர் சிலைக்கு மாலை அணிவித்தனர். அப்போது மாணவர்கள் ஓட்டிய போஸ்டர்களில் கல்லூரியின் பெயரில் உள்ள அம்பேதகர் என்ற பெயரை சேர்க்கவில்லையாம்.

இதையடுத்து இன்னொரு பிரிவு மாணவர்கள் பிரச்சினை செய்துள்ளனர். இதன் விளைவாகத்தான் நேற்று கொலை வெறித் தாக்குதல் நடந்துள்ளதாக கூறப்படுகிறது.

நேற்று தாக்குதலில் ஈடுபட்டவர்கள் அனைவரும் 2ம் ஆண்டு மாணவர்கள், அடிபட்டவர்கள் 3ம் ஆண்டு மாணவர்கள்.

Was able to guess that somehow. Thanks Joe. (ithu ethula vantha news). I was travelling to the southern districts for personal reasons during that period & I could understand how much hype and fear is injected everywhere for this. I am looking for a govt that puts an end to this :x But I am sure it won't be stopped

MADDY
14th November 2008, 09:42 AM

ushaarana party thaan neenga :lol:

i wont even survive 2-3 beatings that Bharathi kannan got :oops: .......

but he is safe :notworthy: he stayed in a foetus position covering his head with his hand so that none of his main organs were damaged :bow: engayo oru moolai-la kadavul irukku :)

sarna_blr
14th November 2008, 10:09 AM
engayo oru moolai-la kadavul irukku :)

tho ONLY hope left is to believe in god :)

praying god for that guy :bow: :bow:

Thirumaran
14th November 2008, 10:24 AM
As Durai Murugan said in the assembly today, strange that the protests are coming from the party of those who burnt three girls alive in a college bus just to register their protest.

I don't think we should consider either party better than the other in matters like this. Both will not lose the slightest opportunity to politicize the situation, won't take any decision that jeopardizes vote bank of 'powerful' castes, will provide abundant lip service on being champions of equality. But despite the extreme annoyance and frustrtation we have, no matter what philosophical latitudes we talk here, finally every five years we are faced with the question that I am finding increasingly vexing: choose this or that.

I really don't think there is even a single damned difference. As columnist Gnani writes: iraNdukkum niRaiya vithyAsam iruppadhu pOla thOnRum; uNmaiyil vithyAsamE kidaiyAdhu. I found that to be a sweeping statement. But when seeing things of this sort I am more and more inclined to agree with him.

First of all, whenever there are such incidents, try to pick something from the past and justifies does not make any sense.
Regarding the incidents there are lots of difference.

These kind of extrememists who does damage to public property are there in every parties and organisations. You cannot change that whatever new party comes into picture. People tolerant level has reduced long back. And when during situations like political leaders arrest, or when a case's judjement is being given and some other critical situations the state government and the police should be extremely alert in avoiding such incidents. Even during MK's arrest there were lots of protest and even when there was a rally the partyment involved in very tough attacks. But it was put under maximum except some policemen and journalist being injured. I dont think public got affected. If there was public cause was much as ADMK govt was there, it has to take more responsiblity.
Regarding Dharmapuri incident, that time DMK was in power. Did govt took any precautions on that? Appa kooda Erinjittu irunthavangala camera eduthuttu thaanae iunthaanga..Here too the govt has to take equal responsiblity. If u could think it was not the Party high offficials given instructions for burning 3 students are buses. They cant. simple, because they are not in power that time to at least find a way for escape :huh:

But look at this incident.
The problem was there for some time and it looks everyone including the govt knows about what could happen. What was the precautions taken. :huh: To make the things worse Police is watching without any shame. :banghead: That too lots of police. They have cell phones, they could easily reach higher officials and take some action :huh: What for police then :huh:

In the past one year..

1. Dinakaran attack by the Party leader's son and that too in front of police force...

2. BJP office attack in front of police force...
3. and this one in front of police force..

And all this did not happen in a remote place for police. All happens in front of them.. and all happened with the knowledge of the state govt...

And there are lots of difference.. BTW for those who could misunderstand, i am not supporting any one for Dharmapuri incident and i am extemely happy for those involved in such incidents got punished.

sarna_blr
14th November 2008, 10:28 AM
TM anna 8-)

Thirumaran
14th November 2008, 10:30 AM
Nowadays Mudhalvan movie makes lots of sense for me. The actions against policemen is just a transfer. Superb :clap:

HonestRaj
14th November 2008, 10:39 AM
Nowadays Mudhalvan movie makes lots of sense for me. The actions against policemen is just a transfer. Superb :clap:

sorry for the digression:
How about a punishment like in "Ramana"

selvakumar
14th November 2008, 10:52 AM
TM, I agree with PR here. You have given one set of examples. There is equally bitter examples for ADMK as well. Here everything is dealt with politics. The first caste riot that I saw in front of my eyes was during the time MK renamed TN state govt buses to a famous person's name from lower caste. Now, You know what happened after that. Do you want to deny the fact that ADMK wasn't behind it ? I am asking this for discussion. JJ attends Devar Jayanthi everyyear. Their solid vote bank is in these areas & they are identified as a party for that caste. MK did try to control that. When it reached uncontrollable levels, all the districts were renamed. Now, he had named Madurai airport for that caste. The samething didn't happen.

Ippadi pesikittae pogalaam.. Having seen all the bitter things, I agree with PR

Thirumaran
14th November 2008, 10:53 AM

sorry for the digression:
How about a punishment like in "Ramana"

Naethu nadantha vishayam appadiyae cinema la kaamikura vishayam.. However neenga sonna maathiri ellaam nadakarathukku chance illa, Suyanalam illaama pothunalam paakura aalunga ippoathaiku yaarum illa. Ellaarukkum avanagavanga kaariyam thaan mukkiyam :|

Nerd
14th November 2008, 11:11 AM
I also agree with PR. This not a ADMK Vs DMK for God's sakes. The whole system is flawed :sigh2:

Tamilan
14th November 2008, 11:13 AM
Why the country is going like this. One side we are launching rocket to Moon and have planned to Sun too. On the other side, we back to barbarian days :huh:. I blame here Community leaders aka political leaders. Some community people are growing with violence (in mind & action) since their childhood days.

Think, you can easily get up the animinal from one community people by showing the law college brutal attack video and speaking it. Ofcourse the same happened (happening) to that another community people by reminding repeatedly the untouchability history. Then when we will turn to peaceful life? only good leaders who follow non-violence, good education will rectify this. Why should not Thiruma and others condemn this brutal violence?
Appadi nadantha than tamilagam urupattu vidathu?

Mr. (all) cummunity leaders and political leaders, I will vote the first person of you who try to people to turn a non-violence way.

Thirumaran
14th November 2008, 11:17 AM
TM, I agree with PR here. You have given one set of examples. There is equally bitter examples for ADMK as well. Here everything is dealt with politics. The first caste riot that I saw in front of my eyes was during the time MK renamed TN state govt buses to a famous person's name from lower caste. Now, You know what happened after that. Do you want to deny the fact that ADMK wasn't behind it ?

As far my set of examples is only for the incidents like this and as i said before there are lots of difference. Some people are taking only the incidents and not the causes, precautions and actions. As far the example u say, i dont know. ADMK could be behind or not. Both are possible it is common that every party try to take advantage for their cause. First mistake, intha maathiri name vaikirathu. It is basic knowledge that such things would lead to violence in few areas. And going by what u say DMK was ruling that time. They have more responsibility. I dont deny if ADMK is behind they are also responsible. But govt responsibility is more. That is my point. I dont get what u say redarding thevar poojai. :? Anyway looks like it could be on the similiar lines on the other example u said. Jaathi Kalavarangal is happening some where or the other every month across places. I dont think that could come under normal for another 20 years. Naan sonnathu 3 bigger issues which happens with the knowledge of state government and too for persons like, media, Partymen and students in college. Athukku munnaadi edutha precautions, antha samayathaula when all the police were around edukkapatta actions and after the incidents the punsihments. Just think about that. As far me and my knowledge goes in controlling law and order ADMK government is 100 times better than DMK. I have personal experiences too.!!!

pavalamani pragasam
14th November 2008, 11:19 AM
oru kuttaiyil ooRiya mattaikaLai othukkivittu arasangaththai puthu raththangaL kaiyil edukka vENdum. athukku uruppadiyaa ellOrum vote pOdaNum, Osi kalachaaram oziyaNum, padichavanga 'raman aaNdaa enna raavaNan aaNdaa ennannu' vittEththiyaa illaama samooga poRuppuNarchiyai vaLaththukkaNum, lanjam vaangavO, kudukkavO vetkappadaNum.....add on..

Thirumaran
14th November 2008, 11:21 AM
oru kuttaiyil ooRiya mattaikaLai othukkivittu arasangaththai puthu raththangaL kaiyil edukka vENdum. athukku uruppadiyaa ellOrum vote pOdaNum, Osi kalachaaram oziyaNum, padichavanga 'raman aaNdaa enna raavaNan aaNdaa ennannu' vittEththiyaa illaama samooga poRuppuNarchiyai vaLaththukkaNum, lanjam vaangavO, kudukkavO vetkappadaNum.....add on..

nadakura vishayamaa paesalaamae :huh:

MADDY
14th November 2008, 11:31 AM
TM, no point in talking to some people......they are missing the management point here........yes, incidents and riots happen in every case but what was done by govt to prevent it or counter it.........there is a historical proof that shows who is pro-active, and who is reactive........one such example u quoted was excellent, there was no damage to public or property even after MK was arrested........that is good management 8-) .....anways, people who want to deny the clear difference in admnistration of chennai and TN under these 2 diff parties are free to talk anything but do it fast, power might just go off

Thirumaran
14th November 2008, 11:33 AM

When MK was given Doctor pattam, students across chennai were protesting and the ruling govt also indulged in violence and many students were injured and a person called Udhyakumar got killed by the ruling party then. when the case came to court Udayakumar's own father witnessed that he is not his son and it was blamed that Udayakumar belongs to a terror Organisation. This is the first time such thing happened and it happened between 1971-1976.

Vitha poattathu yaarunnu at least ungalukku therinjirukkanum :P Ithellaam enna perumayaa :huh:

Thirumaran
14th November 2008, 11:34 AM
TM, no point in talking to some people......they are missing the management point here........yes, incidents and riots happen in every case but what was done by govt to prevent it or counter it.........there is a historical proof that shows who is pro-active, and who is reactive........one such example u quoted was excellent, there was no damage to public or property even after MK was arrested........that is good management 8-) .....anways, people who want to deny the clear difference in admnistration of chennai and TN under these 2 diff parties are free to talk anything but do it fast, power might just go off

:exactly: My point is management of government as u said aptly. Precautions, actions and punishments. There was a possibility for all the three in the above incidents i said and none was done. That says it all.

Tamilan
14th November 2008, 11:38 AM
JJ is indeed better than MK when controling violence and rowdies. It is clear that the incidents in MK period > incidents in JJ period. But MK has his strength in others such as infrastructure improvement in MK perios > such improvement in JJ period etc.

I don't want to pull this type of DMK vs ADMK here but...

tfmlover
14th November 2008, 11:38 AM
watched few clips @ techsatish
cried my eyes out :cry:

pavalamani pragasam
14th November 2008, 11:39 AM
muzu poosaNikkaaykaL niRaiya nam sariththiraththil reNdu katchi aatchiyilum!
'muthalvan', 'anniyan', 'sigappu manithan', 'ramaNa' ellaam cinema-vil mattum avatharikkum paaththirangkaLaa? :(

Thirumaran
14th November 2008, 11:40 AM
muzu poosaNikkaaykaL niRaiya nam sariththiraththil reNdu katchi aatchiyilum!
'muthalvan', 'anniyan', 'sigappu manithan', 'ramaNa' ellaam cinema-vil mattum avatharikkum paaththirangkaLaa? :(

Naan ready. Anyone else :huh:

Sanguine Sridhar
14th November 2008, 12:36 PM
[tscii:6902f09dee]I was extremely shocked to see such a cruel, barbarian clash. Rumors are saying that it was a preplanned thing and Law college principal knew that a week before. By God’s grace those affected students are still alive. One of the affected students was threatening others with a knife! And I don’t believe that all those 50’s are students, many of them has to be local rowdies.

Police? Police was standing like siripu police! Horrible… :evil:
[/tscii:6902f09dee]

MrJudge
14th November 2008, 01:13 PM
I can't digest when people come here and argue against the present govt and say JJ is good. Both parties are equally bad.

Thirumaran,

What about acid poojai for chandralekha?
What about attacks on Nakkeeran's office?
What about the attacks on journalists in a protest happened in beach road?

All these happened when ADMK was in control.

I wish some party like makkaL sakthi iyakkam should come to power and throw both these idiots.

MrJudge
14th November 2008, 01:25 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/news/2008/11/14/tn-police-question-bsp-councillor-over-law-college-attack.html

Some BSP councilor under the radar!

MrJudge
14th November 2008, 01:28 PM
JJ attends Devar Jayanthi everyyear.

Sasikala belongs to that caste, so JJ needs to satisfy her and her crowds. Now every political party is pushed to go there to secure part of their vote bank. Any sensible person will avoid this kind of caste based politics. Looks like these people will never learn anything and will do anything for votes.

Thirumaran
14th November 2008, 01:37 PM
I can't digest when people come here and argue against the present govt and say JJ is good. Both parties are equally bad.

Thirumaran,

What about acid poojai for chandralekha?
What about attacks on Nakkeeran's office?
What about the attacks on journalists in a protest happened in beach road?

All these happened when ADMK was in control.

I wish some party like makkaL sakthi iyakkam should come to power and throw both these idiots.

Regarding the journalist protest i dont know which one u are talking about and what for they protested.

As i mentioned before these kind of extremists are there in every party and incidents like u mentioned is happeninig every now and then. But you dont get the point i was talking. The incidents i mentioned and that you are mentioning have differences in severity and govt management at basic level. I am not here to convince people to say ADMK is better than DMK. Yaen one month kku munnaadi Hindu office and Dinamalar officer were attacked. Athuvum thapputhaan. Aanaa, govt precation and instant action porutha varaikkum, Enna porutha varaikkum athu periya vishayam illa. Yaennaa antha alavaukkku control panrathu entha government kkum kastam. Simple. the things i was mentioning was easily under controll and everyone was there. Well, I think i am done.

P_R
14th November 2008, 02:01 PM
TM, I share your overall impression that JJ is a bit more emphatic than MK in cracking down on rowdy elements when in power. But as parties neither lag behind the other in terms dirty politicking at the expense of future generations, exploiting caste issues, politicizing every single damn thing. There is not a single difference between them.

And I don't see what is so great about "we will behave when in power" and it is upto the government to control us when we are in opposition. i.e. the govt. will still be culpable for the excesses of the opposition !!! This itself is a despicable stance.

When the SriKrishna commission reports first came out Bal Thakeray was first arrested. I don't remember the year. There was large scale rioting in Mumbai city by Shiv Sena people. Cong-NCP were in power.

Time magazine interviewed Bal Thakeray and one of the questions asked where about the riots. This was approximately what he said

BT: If we were in power then this would not have happened
Q : But it is said that elements from your party where instrumental in orchestrating the large scale loss to property.
BT: That is what I mean, if we were in power this would not have happened.

suththam :banghead:

Vivasaayi
14th November 2008, 02:02 PM
Impotent govt and policemen!

anyhting based on caste should be stopped - jeyanthi kiyanthinutu ... :mad:

Thirumaran
14th November 2008, 02:13 PM
But as parties neither lag behind the other in terms dirty politicking at the expense of future generations, exploiting caste issues, politicizing every single damn thing. There is not a single difference between them.

I agree 100% on this. This cannot be changed by anyone in the present set of leaders in Tamil Nadu for sure. This problem is not basically the problem at the parties level. It is the problem at the individual level. Almost 95 % people in this world are like that, namakku convenient aa irukkumboathu act panrathu. Muthalla ethana paerukku poi vote pannanumnu poruppu irukku. :huh: Athae thaan neenga solrathum :P Ithu ellaathayum maathanumnaa Thirumaran Katchi aarambichu popular aanaa thaan undu :yessir:

Thirumaran
14th November 2008, 02:24 PM
But as parties neither lag behind the other in terms dirty politicking at the expense of future generations, exploiting caste issues, politicizing every single damn thing. There is not a single difference between them.

I agree 100% on this. This cannot be changed by anyone in the present set of leaders in Tamil Nadu for sure. This problem is not basically the problem at the parties level. It is the problem at the individual level. Almost 95 % people in this world are like that, namakku convenient aa irukkumboathu act panrathu. Muthalla ethana paerukku poi vote pannanumnu poruppu irukku. :huh: Athae thaan neenga solrathum :P Ithu ellaathayum maathanumnaa Thirumaran Katchi aarambichu popular aanaa thaan undu :yessir:

However naan sonna incidents ellaamae, aalum katchiyae thoondi vittu..police vittu vaedikka paakurathu and most impotent.

HonestRaj
14th November 2008, 02:34 PM
maathanumnaa Thirumaran Katchi aarambichu popular aanaa thaan undu :yessir:

neenga yean kastapadureenga.. adhukkuthan ________ katchi aarambichurukkarae :P

( _________ - nan edhavadhu paer sonna.. ungalukku theriyumanu yaravadhu keppanga :P )

or another solution:

Hub'la silar serndhu katchiaarambichu, ungala thalaivar aakiduvoam.

P_R
14th November 2008, 02:35 PM
evvaLavu pEr vote pOduraanga 'ngra kELviya romba pEr kEkkuraanga.

But what choices are there anyway. Since 2001 I have voted in every single election : assembly, parliament. I only missed local body polls in 2006 when I was not in India. But I would have surely voted if I was here. ovvoru thadavaiyum cynicism ellAm odhukki vachchittu, romba yOsichchu (!) ellAm vote paNNEn. I think I have till now voted for all major political groups in the state and national level.

If next time I don't bother to go out and vote I don't think I can be found fault with at all.

Thirumaran
14th November 2008, 02:38 PM

If next time I don't bother to go out and vote I don't think I can be found fault with at all.

Not voting is not a crime or fault as there is no such law insisting on that. :mrgreen:

Vivasaayi
14th November 2008, 02:39 PM
there should be an option in the poll - i wish not to vote.

If majority selects that option that consitution should be ruled by the district collector.

if majority of the state is selected by that option - the the state should be ruled by governor and that applies for the nation where it will be ruled by president.

If people who have choice are given an option - then people who have no option to vote also should be given a chance a vote

Thirumaran
14th November 2008, 02:43 PM
maathanumnaa Thirumaran Katchi aarambichu popular aanaa thaan undu :yessir:

neenga yean kastapadureenga.. adhukkuthan ________ katchi aarambichurukkarae :P

( _________ - nan edhavadhu paer sonna.. ungalukku theriyumanu yaravadhu keppanga :P )

or another solution:

Hub'la silar serndhu katchiaarambichu, ungala thalaivar aakiduvoam.

Aatchila illaama katchi recentaa aarambichavanga 3 paerthaan..

Karthik :lol2: Avara pathi avanga family layae serious aa eduthukka maataanga :lol2:

Sarath : Avara pathi kandippa avaroada family la serious aa eduthupaanga :lol2:

VK : Inga konjam percentage athikamthaan.. Nallaa paesuraar, ellaam sari, aana niraya samayathula meaning irukurathilla :lol2: Of course that is also a quality for politician :P But still, electricity problem kku avar sonna vishayam rombavae over :x

Sanguine Sridhar
14th November 2008, 02:43 PM

Not voting is not a crime or fault as there is no such law insisting on that. :mrgreen:

There is something called 'O' if you dont believe in any of the parties you can object the election.

HonestRaj
14th November 2008, 02:44 PM
Since 2001 I have voted in every single election : assembly, parliament.

Me too... but for same party (local body polls are diiferent - depends on sondhakkarargal as candidate) .. during those times I thought *that* party was better than *this* party

2006 u all wud have thought I voted for *this-1* party.. but due to some technical reasons I voted for *that* party itself (infact for their coalition party)

[pudhu manidhan - "indha mari indha mari" comedy madhiri pesa vendi irukku :lol: ]

sarna_blr
14th November 2008, 02:45 PM

If majority selects that option that consitution should be ruled by the district collector.

if majority of the state is selected by that option - the the state should be ruled by governor and that applies for the nation where it will be ruled by president.

If people who have choice are given an option - then people who have no option to vote also should be given a chance a vote

:thumbsup: well said Vivasayi :D

P_R
14th November 2008, 02:47 PM

Me too... but for same party (local body polls are diiferent - depends on sondhakkarargal as candidate) .. during those times I thought *that* party was better than *this* party

2006 u all wud have thought I voted for *this-1* party.. but due to some technical reasons I voted for *that* party itself (infact for their coalition party)

[pudhu manidhan - "indha mari indha mari" comedy madhiri pesa vendi irukku :lol: ]

ஏற்கனவே குழம்பி போயிருக்கோம்....இதுல நீங்க வேற :twisted:

sarna_blr
14th November 2008, 02:48 PM

:lol:

HonestRaj
14th November 2008, 02:50 PM

yes.. log out panradhukkulla sila pala velaigal irukku.. both in office & hub.. :wave: for now

Thirumaran
14th November 2008, 02:50 PM
Intha maathiri paarthu sirippu vaera :twisted: What a shame :|

HonestRaj
14th November 2008, 02:53 PM
Intha maathiri paarthu sirippu vaera :twisted: What a shame :|

what else u wud do / we cud do as of now :huh:

nalaikku Varanam Aayiram poguradha stop panniduveengala.. illai vera threads browse pannama log out panniduveengala :huh:

ellorukkum nalla buthi kudunu aandavana vendikathan mudiyum (nan aathigan.. adhaithan seyvaen.. matravargal eppadiyo)

directhit
14th November 2008, 02:54 PM

There is something called 'O' if you dont believe in any of the parties you can object the election. i'd read that if u do wanna put for that - u gotto ask the polling officer that for some special form. so its like not discreet - and vootukku auto vandhaalum varalaam :lol2:

equanimus
14th November 2008, 02:56 PM

Vivasaayi,
This option (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/49-O) is already there. Click (http://lawmin.nic.in/ld/subord/cer1.htm). Search for "49-O" in the page. People get all worked up and talk about it during every election and soon forget about it.

Thirumaran
14th November 2008, 02:56 PM
naan summaa sonnaen :yessir:

P_R
14th November 2008, 02:59 PM

Should be "ruled by" - na enna ?
Collector and Legislator have different functions.

Anyway, this excessive trust that the Adminstrative Services are 'cleaner' than our legislators is misplaced trust.

namma governer-ai paathurukkeengaLA :lol2:
namma President-ai paaththurukkeengaLA :lol:

Joke apart, neither are apolitical individuals. They are also in the same system. And giving power to one person is scarier than parliamentary system where atleast there is some semblance of choice for the people.

The question is, how can we intervene in candidate selection (petti kuduththu electionticket vaangura system), what changes in the electoral system (is multiple round election an impossibility in India) and most importantly how to ensure accountability ('callback' option etc.) Lastly will all these things slowly happen with better overall development across the country. It can be a vexing long wait, "andha paya medhuvA thaen varuvaen, medhuvA thaen varuvaen"

P_R
14th November 2008, 03:04 PM

Vivasaayi,
This option (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/49-O) is already there. Click (http://lawmin.nic.in/ld/subord/cer1.htm). Search for "49-O" in the page. People get all worked up and talk about it during every election and soon forget about it.

I feel it is an overrated option. I don't think 49-0 votes will outnumber other votes to cause a repoll - which is the purpose of the option.

selvakumar
14th November 2008, 03:08 PM
Vivasaayi,
That's true. I remember reading an article by Gnani. Came to know this only through that. He even suggested including this as an option in the machine itself. Athellam yaar panna pora.
During the last election, I read that few who sought for the special form were asked by the agent to vote for any independent candidate. :lol:

Instead of chooing "best among the worst", this is indeed a good option :)

directhit
14th November 2008, 03:13 PM
During the last election, I read that few who sought for the special form were asked by the agent to vote for any independent candidate. :rotfl:

equanimus
14th November 2008, 03:16 PM
I feel it is an overrated option. I don't think 49-0 votes will outnumber other votes to cause a repoll - which is the purpose of the option.
Same here, PR. Hence the following comment.

People get all worked up and talk about it during every election and soon forget about it.
At the end of the day, there has to be a fully functioning government. And the voting section of people would infinitely prefer it that way. Just some arbitrary clauses like it'll be run by the District Collectors or any other group of padichcha pattadhArigaL is not a good solution. During every election, the great Indian middle class takes the armchair position and talks about this option as if it's an escape route, while it's actually supposed to be a temporary workaround route.

P_R
14th November 2008, 03:17 PM
During the last election, I read that few who sought for the special form were asked by the agent to vote for any independent candidate. :lol:

மதுரையில் 'ஏணி' சின்னத்தில் பாலு என்பவர் எப்போதும் நிற்பார். எம்.பி தேர்தலிலிருந்து வார்ட் கௌன்சிலர் தேர்தல் வரை சளைக்காமல் போட்டி போடுவார். நகரிலேயே பல தொகுதிகளில் அவர் போட்டி (!) போடுவார்.

எனக்கு வாக்கு வந்ததும் அந்த மனுஷனுக்கு போடணும்னு நினைச்சிருந்தேன். யாரது தனக்கு இரண்டாவது வாக்குன்னு அவருக்கு மாரடைப்பு வந்திருக்க வாய்ப்புண்டு. அதனால் வாக்கு வந்ததும் சென்னைக்கு குடிபெயர்ந்துவிட்டேன்.

Thirumaran
14th November 2008, 03:18 PM

மதுரையில் 'ஏணி' சின்னத்தில் பாலு என்பவர் எப்போதும் நிற்பார். எம்.பி தேர்தலிலிருந்து வார்ட் கௌன்சிலர் தேர்தல் வரை சளைக்காமல் போட்டி போடுவார். நகரிலேயே பல தொகுதிகளில் அவர் போட்டி (!) போடுவார்.

எனக்கு வாக்கு வந்ததும் அந்த மனுஷனுக்கு போடணும்னு நினைச்சிருந்தேன். யாரது தனக்கு இரண்டாவது வாக்குன்னு அவருக்கு மாரடைப்பு வந்திருக்க வாய்ப்புண்டு. அதனால் வாக்கு வந்ததும் சென்னைக்கு குடிபெயர்ந்துவிட்டேன்.

:rotfl:

P_R
14th November 2008, 03:21 PM
or any other group of padichcha pattadhArigaL

very daengerous phellows !

That is one important myth to bust.

Vivasaayi
14th November 2008, 03:23 PM
PR,

I am not warranting that option in the poll by pinning my hopes on the governor and the president.

That option has an effect on the poiliticians -they wouldnt stay in the frame at all if people starts to select that option

It will be like a reminder to the politicians that govt could very well function without the politicians.

directhit
14th November 2008, 03:25 PM
i guess more and more votes for that would be seen once that is part of the ballot paper/or list of candidates

selvakumar
14th November 2008, 03:25 PM
PR, While I agree that 49-O is being overrated, it allows the voter to boldly express his disappointment / frustration. Problem is,only a very handful % of the general public might be aware of such an option.

One other disadvantage of that option could be for reserved areas that have caste problem. Each one of them can vote against the candidates. It has its own share of negatives as well.

selvakumar
14th November 2008, 03:38 PM
At the end of the day, there has to be a fully functioning government. And the voting section of people would infinitely prefer it that way. Just some arbitrary clauses like it'll be run by the District Collectors or any other group of padichcha pattadhArigaL is not a good solution. During every election, the great Indian middle class takes the armchair position and talks about this option as if it's an escape route, while it's actually supposed to be a temporary workaround route.
I disagree here. Vote is pretty much a personal thing. If people are really frustrated with the candidates, then this option will certainly give them a chance to express it. This stable govt & all will not be in their thoughts. Ofcouse, I agree that majority of the people won't do that. However, unless the frustration is expressed through some means, a change will never come. I am not saying this option alone can guarantee that since it has its own share of flaws (could prove fatal also). Konjam self-satisfaction kodukkalaam.. :)

directhit
14th November 2008, 03:40 PM
selva - i agree with you. and i feel that the very fact that they cannot vote for that secretly and have to request to the officer there that they do not want to vote deters some people from doing that.

kannannn
14th November 2008, 03:50 PM
they must have done something since there were so many of them on the spot. (at least on humanitarian grounds)

what do u call people who dont have humanity in them :roll: .......

Do you, for one second, believe that our police are so 'impotent' as to watch such a gruesome act from the sidelines? Or do you think they are so dumb as to let the media watch them do nothing? As I said the police should have probabaly interfered and broken up the fight, but if they haven't, then something must have really tied kept their hands tied.

No other profession is as closely involved with politics as law for obvious reasons (that's true anywhere in the world) and by direct correlation, our law students are perhaps the most vulnerable to such polarisation. Throw in caste and student support and you have a potentially explosive situation on the hands. It is difficult to see how they could have just barged in and stopped the scuffle in the circumstances.

Also, the arguement from a humanitarian perspective needs to be made within the frame work of the mandate and resources the police have to work with. Lack of independence and apathy from both public and government (where else would you find a constable asking for a complementary tea from public ?!) go back decades and the result is what we saw on that particular day. The system needs to be changed and for that the way politics is done in our country should change. It is going to take time, but I am sure we will get there (vera vazhi illa).

equanimus
14th November 2008, 03:53 PM
I disagree here. Vote is pretty much a personal thing. If people are really frustrated with the candidates, then this option will certainly give them a chance to express it. This stable govt & all will not be in their thoughts. Ofcouse, I agree that majority of the people won't do that. However, unless the frustration is expressed through some means, a change will never come. I am not saying this option alone can guarantee that since it has its own share of flaws (could prove fatal also). Konjam self-satisfaction kodukkalaam.. :)
Selvakumar,
I agree that one's vote is personal, of course. (As a matter of fact, I've never voted in an election myself; I tend to think that I'd find it an immensely confusing experience. Umm, let's just say I'm incompetent.) The point I was trying to make was only about how this 49-0 option is often not seen as a failure of the poll, but an alternate option for running the government itself! Otherwise, I do agree that it's a good way to express one's dissatisfaction (and frustration as well) with the whole set of contenders, etc.

Vivasaayi
14th November 2008, 04:00 PM
kannann - yes

definitely the hands of police are tied - or else there is no way they would watch it happen from a yard.

sarna_blr
14th November 2008, 04:35 PM
kannann - yes

definitely the hands of police are tied - or else there is no way they would watch it happen from a yard.

by whom :roll:

1 . politician or
2. adichchavangalaa or

MrJudge
14th November 2008, 04:43 PM
Regarding the journalist protest i dont know which one u are talking about and what for they protested.

As i mentioned before these kind of extremists are there in every party and incidents like u mentioned is happeninig every now and then. But you dont get the point i was talking. The incidents i mentioned and that you are mentioning have differences in severity and govt management at basic level. I am not here to convince people to say ADMK is better than DMK. Yaen one month kku munnaadi Hindu office and Dinamalar officer were attacked. Athuvum thapputhaan. Aanaa, govt precation and instant action porutha varaikkum, Enna porutha varaikkum athu periya vishayam illa. Yaennaa antha alavaukkku control panrathu entha government kkum kastam. Simple. the things i was mentioning was easily under controll and everyone was there. Well, I think i am done.

The incidents I mentioned were done by ADMK people not by third parties. How on earth you justify throwing acid on another candidate and that too on an IAS officer? That is the worst. Hindu office also was attacked during ADMK period and there was an attempt to arrest Ram in bangalore. I don't think any other party will attack journalists more than ADMK. Also POTA was used so badly in ADMK rulings, I think JJ has done serious damages than karunanithy but somehow she manages to get good name among people like you.

(And that shameless comedian Swamy went back to ADMK front, athu thani kAmeeedy!)

sarna_blr
14th November 2008, 04:53 PM
:sigh2: ennaachchu Judge :roll:

selvakumar
14th November 2008, 04:54 PM
Selvakumar,
I agree that one's vote is personal, of course. (As a matter of fact, I've never voted in an election myself; I tend to think that I'd find it an immensely confusing experience. Umm, let's just say I'm incompetent.) The point I was trying to make was only about how this 49-0 option is often not seen as a failure of the poll, but an alternate option for running the government itself! Otherwise, I do agree that it's a good way to express one's dissatisfaction (and frustration as well) with the whole set of contenders, etc.
I disagreed with your view that most of them need a stable govt. For a person who is frustrated with all the parties, the stable govt provided by any of them won't be a good thing at all. That section speaks about this option. Not everyone in that section might be keen for a stable govt since vote is a personal thing.

I am not sure whether people treat this option as a way to run the govt. I don't think so. Beg to differ

equanimus
14th November 2008, 05:14 PM
I disagreed with your view that most of them need a stable govt.
Well, I didn't mean to say most of the voters *consciously* think there has to be a stable govt. for the welfare of the state and all that, just that they'd actually go ahead and pick one based on the campaigns instead of throwing up their hands and await another election. Otherwise, like I already said, I do concur with your thoughts.

I am not sure whether people treat this option as a way to run the govt. I don't think so. Beg to differ
Selvakumar,
I was just taking a dig at many comments I've heard along those lines! It's after all obvious that it's not an alternate option in itself. I didn't mean to say that people literally see it as one, but many people do see it as a way of "sending all current politicians home" (whatever that means!). To borrow PR's words, I see it as an important myth to bust. That's all!

selvakumar
14th November 2008, 05:19 PM
Selvakumar,
I was just taking a dig at many comments I've heard along those lines! It's after all obvious that it's not an alternate option in itself. I didn't mean to say that people literally see it as one, but many people do see it as a way of "sending all current politicians home" (whatever that means!). To borrow PR's words, I see it as an important myth to bust. That's all!
got it ! I also saw Gnani promoting this along those lines. This system can work in some cases (like the reverse of the caste problem) & can prove fatal for the regular cases.

First of all, I am curious to know on what grounds the system was included in the constitution.

viraajan
14th November 2008, 09:00 PM
Law college violence now in big screen
IndiaGlitz [Friday, November 14, 2008]

The recent violence in Chennai Law College found a place in a Tamil movie. Producer Sivasakthi Pandian's forthcoming movie titled 'Suriyan Sattakallori' urges law students to stay away from violence and politics.

Sivasakthi Pandian, who penned the story says, 'the recent violence in Chennai law college campus has become the burning issue now. However, I had the foresight to include a few scenes in my movie that talk about the necessity among students to stay away from violence'.

Directed by Pavan, the movie features Ghajini, son of producer Khaja Mohideen, as the hero. Mithra, a newcomer is the heroine. Deva scores the music while cinematography is by U K Senthil Kumar.

The movie is a moral for students to stay united and shun violence, he adds.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/43005.html

---
kelambittaangaiya :rotfl:

app_engine
14th November 2008, 09:37 PM
Students ransack the Principal's office :

http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=450187&disdate=11/14/2008

app_engine
14th November 2008, 09:47 PM
Fuming students express their anger towards policemen ( like "அடிதடி நடக்கறப்போ தடுக்க வராமல், இப்போ இம்சை பண்ண மட்டும் ஏன் வர்றீங்க?"). A couple of students even threaten suicide demanding police to leave the premises :

http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=450176&disdate=11/14/2008

app_engine
14th November 2008, 09:52 PM
Overall, the reputation of the cops is damaged too much - possibly beyond redumption from the mind of the public who witnessed the incident on TVs:-(

Already movies and magazines have been portraying them either as hardended souls who would align with powers and criminals but not to protect general public or at the minimum laughing stock (by bringing them only to arrest the villains battered by the hero).

Now, after seeing telecasts of a real life incident like this, the confidence of public in them will no doubt take a much worse beating:-(

Extremely positive actions are needed from the forces if they want anyone to trust them anymore.

ThalaNass
14th November 2008, 09:54 PM
saw the video and its shocking :( :oops:

i wonder what that *^*%& cops would've done if that guy who was beaten is their own son?? :evil:

cancer
14th November 2008, 10:01 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: shocking video , :cry: :cry:

manasaatchi illatha kevalamana Tamizhaka Kaaval thurai :banghead: :banghead:

Muthalvan "raguvaran" Government , :cry:

app_engine
14th November 2008, 10:01 PM
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=450188&disdate=11/14/2008

Scenes like this could recur at alarming frequency if people turn against police ( this news report says 'மாணவர்கள் அடிக்கப்பட்டா ஒண்ணும் செய்ய மாட்டீங்க, ராஜபக்ஷே கொடும்பாவி கொளுத்தினா மட்டும் கொதிப்பீங்களோ?' kind of arguement.)

When those in authority and power don't act, they lose all credentials to do anything further, unfortunately:-( All their future actions - whatever be the intention - will be questioned, ridiculed, rebelled against etc.

The moral is - WHEN YOU HAVE POWER TO DO GOOD or PREVENT BAD, EXERCISE IT!

நல்லது செய்ய வலிமை உள்ள போது, "ச்ச்ச்சும்மா இருப்பது" குற்றங்களில் தலையானது.

cancer
14th November 2008, 10:22 PM
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=450188&disdate=11/14/2008

Scenes like this could recur at alarming frequency if people turn against police ( this news report says 'மாணவர்கள் அடிக்கப்பட்டா ஒண்ணும் செய்ய மாட்டீங்க, ராஜபக்ஷே கொடும்பாவி கொளுத்தினா மட்டும் கொதிப்பீங்களோ?' kind of arguement.)

When those in authority and power don't act, they lose all credentials to do anything further, unfortunately:-( All their future actions - whatever be the intention - will be questioned, ridiculed, rebelled against etc.

The moral is - WHEN YOU HAVE POWER TO DO GOOD or PREVENT BAD, EXERCISE IT!

நல்லது செய்ய வலிமை உள்ள போது, "ச்ச்ச்சும்மா இருப்பது" குற்றங்களில் தலையானது.

nallathu seilannalum parava illa,athai yaaru ketkiranga. 2 govt vanthalum ithey kathi than.
when they knew already abt the caste clash , why didnt they tried to prevent it ? impotent govt.

app_engine
14th November 2008, 10:25 PM
http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/story.aspx?Title=Police+slip+up+is+showing,+say+ex perts&artid=epUechysOS0=&SectionID=lifojHIWDUU=&MainSectionID=wIcBMLGbUJI=&SectionName=rSY%7C6QYp3kQ=&SEO=V+R+Krishna+IyerDr+Ambedkar+Government+Law+Col lege

Retd SC judge states that police CAN intervene anywhere except legislative assembly.

So, telling 'princi didn't call us - so we didn't act' is outright nonsense, exposing the inhumanness being cultivated today with cops!

Nerd
14th November 2008, 11:02 PM
Why did the policemen even go there? They could have very well gone *late*!p

cancer
14th November 2008, 11:14 PM

u mean like cinema :twisted: , ok leave it. atleast they could have rescued the guy who was struggling to come out nearby gate.

ksen
14th November 2008, 11:21 PM
The policemen were very well aware of the problem, - they not only had intelligence reports, the principal had also requested for police protection in the afternoon itself. They were waiting for clearance from whomsoever was orchestrating the whole thing.

Nerd
14th November 2008, 11:26 PM

u mean like cinema :twisted: , ok leave it. atleast they would have rescued the guy who was struggling to come out nearby gate.
I thought the public saved him. I did not know that the princi requested police protection. This is getting sicker.

crazy
15th November 2008, 12:47 AM
just saw the video clip ....is this really happening :banghead:

I am afraid to ask ... still come how police just watch this happening?

ivalo verithanam?! :banghead: they were beating up that boy(or where there several boys?)like nth.....ayyo muruga :banghead: :banghead:

adipatta or adivaangina payyan(ga) uyiroda irukkaana(gala)?

crazy
15th November 2008, 12:49 AM
kaaval thurai thaan summa irundhuchu....indha media kaaraanga enna pannaanga? video pidichittu irundhaagala? makkal enna pannittu irundhaanga? staffs? prof?????

sorry i cant just understand what happened? :oops:

crazy
15th November 2008, 12:53 AM
sorry...gonna read prev. pages

cancer
15th November 2008, 01:29 AM
just saw the video clip ....is this really happening :banghead:

I am afraid to ask ... still come how police just watch this happening?

ivalo verithanam?! :banghead: they were beating up that boy(or where there several boys?)like nth.....ayyo muruga :banghead: :banghead:

adipatta or adivaangina payyan(ga) uyiroda irukkaana(gala)?

one guy is still serious
worst part is 10 peru senthu adicha antha paiyan nadakka try panran ,bu he couldn't :cry:

crazy
15th November 2008, 01:35 AM
manithaneyam malinchu pocchu :banghead:

andha pasanga seekirame gunamadaiya kadavula vendikkiren.

Sid_316
15th November 2008, 01:45 AM
Yest in hindustan college there was a clash between north indian students and tamil students ... and 3 tamil students got severly injured it seems.. the coll is suspended for 10 days or somethin! wtf is happenin here? :banghead:

MrIndia
15th November 2008, 05:59 AM
:cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

All these things happen in a college that too Law College.

Hostel shouldnt be there.. everyone should be a day scholar. atleast.. no. of students influenced by these rowdism, gundaism, alcohols..

Wibha
15th November 2008, 09:55 AM
OMG just saw the video :| :| :| :|

those who did not see it.... PLEASE DO NOT see it............i can't sleep tonight

DISGRACE!!!!!! :banghead: and it's really terrifying... not a single person looks like a student.......

what is a day scholar?

Lambretta
15th November 2008, 10:48 AM
what is a day scholar?
Means someone who just attends college from morning to evening/noon.
He doesnt reside within the campus unlike hostel students.

MrJudge
15th November 2008, 11:50 AM
In yesterday's chattisgarh's polling, violence was high and they stopped the polling. Seems like vote boxes were looted by parties. Why can't we deliver the boxes to all parties and elect the party that punches the more numbers in given time period??

Punnaimaran
15th November 2008, 02:43 PM
I could also see a huge crowd of people gathered in front of the college gate. I am afraid that nobody here seem to believe that it is the duty of every citizen to interfere and stop this kind of violence.

Even if the police were mute spectators, what was the Press (which took the footage) and other people doing? Clearly they could outnumber the students involved in violence.

There is no use saying that the govt. has not done anything. Instead we should think about what WE can do in this kind of situation.

selvakumar
15th November 2008, 03:16 PM
what is a day scholar?
Means someone who just attends college from morning to evening/noon.
He doesnt reside within the campus unlike hostel students.

Day scholarsum hostel la thangi iruppaanga.. Private institutions la thaan strict ah follow pannuvaanga.. Otherwise, day scholars can stay in the hostels easily

selvakumar
15th November 2008, 03:17 PM
In yesterday's chattisgarh's polling, violence was high and they stopped the polling. Seems like vote boxes were looted by parties. Why can't we deliver the boxes to all parties and elect the party that punches the more numbers in given time period??
:lol: :(

crazy
15th November 2008, 03:51 PM
I could also see a huge crowd of people gathered in front of the college gate. I am afraid that nobody here seem to believe that it is the duty of every citizen to interfere and stop this kind of violence.

Even if the police were mute spectators, what was the Press (which took the footage) and other people doing? Clearly they could outnumber the students involved in violence.

There is no use saying that the govt. has not done anything. Instead we should think about what WE can do in this kind of situation.

agree
i was wondering the same...why no one bother to stop?

pavalamani pragasam
15th November 2008, 04:09 PM
There have been incidents in the past when the public took the law in hand and punished the criminals like an old incident of a mob stoning a bank robber in a small town. Now we see increased APATHY! People tend to look on as if watching a mega serial!

selvakumar
15th November 2008, 04:25 PM
I read few blogs in which most of them bashed the general pubic for watching it. What the hell ? They can pay taxes, vote in the election so that a govt can ensure law & order. What can they do ?

We can easily question the geneal public. But before that, we should ask ourselves whether we would've tried to stop that. I am damn sure 99.99% of us won't do that.

Police is there. The college authorities are there. The students are fighting with weapons. Public is watching it. Why don't the elite pundits who freely pour their opinion in the online world & accuse the general public think in their shoes?

I fully agree with them for blaming the police. Why should it be general public ?

Just for the arguement sake, if the public enter the college and beat the students severely. The same guys would have bashed the public again as barbarians without knowing any background on the issue. the incident would have been labelled as a riot.

Online world sucks at times :sigh2:

pavalamani pragasam
15th November 2008, 04:40 PM
A valid point - a risky calculation of strength of numbers and weapons! A small miscalculation could end in more misery to innocent people!

crazy
15th November 2008, 06:38 PM
neither the police nor the general public nor the elite pundits ....then who??????

Aduthavanga puriyaama enna sollaporaangannu naama kavalai pada aarambicha.....indha ulagathila edhuvum minchaadhu....edhu sarinu thonudhe ..adhe angeye pannuradhu thaan sari...ezhuduravan ezhuthikitte povaan... :banghead:

I dont say that the public should have enter the college and attack the students ....but they could have stopped them? after all there were many general public there? :?

Just so impossible to get it :sigh2: hows the boys doing now?

selvakumar
15th November 2008, 09:54 PM
Crazy,
"Ideal" situation padi athu nadanthirukkalaam.. But you won't know how a group of people will react in those situation. Hope you get my point :)

P.S: I haven't seen the video based on the warnings given :)

Tamilan
15th November 2008, 10:31 PM
Lawless

Articles in new indian express @ page 2

http://epaper.newindpress.com/NE/NE/2008/11/15/index.shtml

you can see that guy in hospital who has faced brutal attack

@ page 1 - Meendum poster

http://epaper.newindpress.com/NE/NE/2008/11/15/index.shtml

Tamilan
15th November 2008, 10:46 PM
Just watched Nijam in SUN TV

I have seen the attack video but not the police scenes. I am terribly shocked by that video capturing

angered public shouts police to take action but police who saw the brutal attack at the gate closed their eyes and turned their faces. Oh what a shame on you police and government

and the 'Uthavi Anaiyar' (appadina?) police speaking in moble to somebody (???) and he said

'Sir Video ellam eduthu kittu irukkanga sir, enna sir pannurathu'

police :hammer:

And the principle :hammer: answered media like an ant byte a student.

Rendu dravida aatchi vanthathukku appuram intha mathiri arajagam ellam engallukku puthithillai but ippadi intha alavukku publica veli vanthathu illai. appadi veli vanthathum nallathum because people will seriously think about violence and non-violence

PS: SUN TV karanga MK kuda sandai podama iruntha ippadi programme pottirukka mattargal enpathu veru vishayam

crazy
15th November 2008, 11:13 PM
Just watched Nijam in SUN TV

I have seen the attack video but not the police scenes. I am terribly shocked by that video capturing

angered public shouts police to take action but police who saw the brutal attack at the gate closed their eyes and turned their faces. Oh what a shame on you police and government

and the 'Uthavi Anaiyar' (appadina?) police speaking in moble to somebody (???) and he said

'Sir Video ellam eduthu kittu irukkanga sir, enna sir pannurathu'

police :hammer:

And the principle :hammer: answered media like an ant byte a student.

:banghead: :hammer:

Tamilan
15th November 2008, 11:23 PM
Online world sucks at times :sigh2:

Online-la jathi veri blog vachu adichukida vaikkuhu
Real-la jathi veri uruttu kattai, arival vachu adichukida vaikkuthu

Thank God pistals are not yet introduced in TN violences

crazy
15th November 2008, 11:36 PM
online has given freedom for jadhi veriyargal or jaadhi conscious ppl....they say jaadhigal illaiyadi paappa in public, but join a jaadhi group in orkut and other online services :banghead: :sigh2:

madhu
16th November 2008, 04:52 AM
Yesterday there was a single policeman standing near the Law College gate told to someone enquired "thaniyA inga nikkavE bayamA irukku sir"
:rant: :angry2: :( :cry:

viraajan
16th November 2008, 10:25 AM
happened to watch 10 sec of the video. was very much upset :cry2:

A guy was trying to stand up and run.... but was falling down.. he couldn't even stand :cry3:

Romba kashtama irundhuchu...

Paathukkutu ninna police kaarana ellam enna pandradhu nu theriyala... but i heard that their hands were tied (some political power i think). but stil... :(

i pray to god that those students must be arrested and put in prison for atleast a year and banned from studies.

MrJudge
16th November 2008, 12:08 PM
"yAr vEndumAnAlum archchagarAgAlAm sattaththai edhirththu uchcha needi mandRaththil archchagargaL sangam muRaiyeedu. TN govt requested the court to inquire the case soon. The case is set for hearing in Feb 09"

ivanungalaiyum yeththana jenmam eduththAlum thiruththa mudiyAthu... innum eththana varusham thAn jAthiya pudichchu vachchukkitt ippadi manushangalukkuL tharam piripAnungalO! :sigh2: :angry2:

joe
16th November 2008, 03:57 PM
http://tbcd-tbcd.blogspot.com/2008/11/blog-post_15.html
http://jyovramsundar.blogspot.com/2008/11/blog-post_16.html

Tamilan
16th November 2008, 04:37 PM
it seems its not Dalit vs Devar, its SC vs BC (or non-SC). One of 3 persons of a group who are in hospital is from other community (yathavar). source : nakkeeran.

I have no answer for the following question

Dalits are not mingled with other community or Other community people are not mingled with Dalits????

joe
16th November 2008, 04:46 PM

Dalits are not mingled with other community or Other community people are not mingled with Dalits????

It is not a question of mingling ..It is a question of who look down other.

viraajan
17th November 2008, 10:14 AM
:redjump: :bluejump:

4 more students arrested :D

Tamilan
17th November 2008, 11:17 AM

may be but...

If they mingles one another, there will not be serious problem i guess. And one of arrested dalit student said "They never mingled us" or it can vice-versa also. It proves my point.

joe
17th November 2008, 11:29 AM

may be but...

If they mingles one another, there will not be serious problem i guess. And one of arrested dalit student said "They never mingled us" or it can vice-versa also. It proves my point.

This hub is not suitable for further discussion on this :oops:

To understand this problem ,we have to go beyong media reports.

Punnaimaran
17th November 2008, 11:42 AM
Quote: Online world sucks at times .............

Yes, the online world sucks at times, when the elite pundits justify the apathy of the people with obscure stats in percentages.

I would also like the pundits to think whether they would feel the same (thinking in their shoes) if the fellows being mugged were their own kith and kin.

There have been many instances in the past where the comon people have interfered and stopped such violence. But they don't make this kind of hot news !!

joe
17th November 2008, 02:37 PM
http://pitchaipathiram.blogspot.com/2008/11/blog-post_9571.html

viraajan
17th November 2008, 08:51 PM
One guys has received a threatening SMS.

"Unna pottu thalliduvom. Ozhunga thirunelveli paakka odi poidu"

This SMS was shown in TV. What the hell is this.... Innuma veri adangala :banghead:

crazy
18th November 2008, 12:09 AM
mingle or not mingle....its not the big question here, let the other live ...if u dont like it, fine...keep yourself inside your house, why this kolaveri?! :evil:

no human is lower or higher to the other one...no one have the rights to look down at another human in the name of caste :x

happy more got arrested ...

app_engine
18th November 2008, 06:37 AM
தமிழகம் முழுதும் சட்டக்கல்லூரிகள் கால வரையறையின்றி மூடல் (குமுதம்.காம்)
=======
சென்னை: சென்னை சட்டக்கல்லூரி மாணவர்கள் மீது தாக்குதல் நடத்தியது தொடர்பாக, அதில் தொடர்புடைய மாணவர்கள் 15 பேர் கைது செய்யப்பட்டு சிறையில் அடைக்கப்பட்டனர். இதனையடுத்து, தமிழகத்தில் உள்ள அனைத்து சட்டக்கல்லூரிகள் காலவரையின்றி மூடப்பட்டது.

சென்னையில் சட்டக்கல்லூரி மாணவர்கள் ஒருவரையொருவர் தாக்கிக்கொண்ட சம்பவம் தொடர்பாக, இதுவரை 15 மாணவர்கள் கைதுசெய்யப்பட்டு சிறையில் அடைக்கப்பட்டனர். மீதமுள்ள மாணவர்களைப் பிடிக்கும் முயற்சியில் காவல்துறையினர் தீவிரமாக ஈடுபட்டு வருகின்றனர். காவல்துறை வேடிக்கை பார்த்த இந்த சம்பவத்தைக் கண்டித்து, வழக்கறிஞர்கள் தமிழகம் முழுவதும் ஆர்ப்பாட்டம் நடத்தினர். இதனையடுத்து, நீதிமன்ற புறக்கணிப்பு போராட்டத்திலும் ஈடுபட்டனர். இந்நிலையில், சட்டக்கல்லூரி மாணவர்களும் போராட்டத்தில் ஈடுபட்டதன் காரணமாக, தமிழகம் முழுவதும் சட்டக்கல்லூரிகள் காலவரையின்றி ஒத்திவைக்கப்பட்டதாக அறிவிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது. இதனால், தேர்வுகள் அனைத்தும் ஒத்திவைக்கப்பட்டுள்ளன. இதனிடையே, மதுரை மாவட்டம் உசிலம்பட்டியில் நேற்று இரவு, பேரூந்துகள் மீது தாக்குதல் நடத்தப்பட்டது. இதுதொடர்பாக, 8 பேரை காவல்துறையினர் கைது செய்தனர். இதனால், தென்மாவட்டங்களில் பதற்றம் நீடித்தது. இந்நிலையில், செய்தியாளர்களை சந்தித்த மதுரை காவல்துறை ஆணையர் நந்தபாலன், வன்முறையில் ஈடுபட்டால், அவர்களை கண்டதும் சுடுவதற்கு காவல்துறையினருக்கு உத்தரவிட்டுள்ளார்.
========

MrIndia
18th November 2008, 08:42 AM

This will lead to violence outside the college and public would be affected. public vs college will lead to lot of damage

Punnaimaran
18th November 2008, 11:05 AM
Dear Mr. India,

What I meant was that the public should have stopped the students from beating others, not that they should retaliate.

Sorry if I had not made myself clear.

Regards,
Punnaimaran

selvakumar
18th November 2008, 01:07 PM
Dear Mr. India,

What I meant was that the public should have stopped the students from beating others, not that they should retaliate.

Regards,
Punnaimaran

How ? :confused2: Imagining yourself in that situation, please give some inputs on how the public could have stopped the students (!!). Probably, I can cross verify my assumptions !

Punnaimaran
18th November 2008, 04:39 PM
Dear Mr. India,

Regards,
Punnaimaran

How ? :confused2: Imagining yourself in that situation, please give some inputs on how the public could have stopped the students (!!). Probably, I can cross verify my assumptions !

I need not imagine myself in that situation as I have actually been in those situations many times while I was in India. Once along with 3 of my friends, I even had been taken to the Police station for trying to stop a fight between 2 groups.

Also I do not have video clippings to show you how people interfere and stop a fight. So sorry for not giving inputs for you to cross-verify your assumptions.

Anyway you have your own assumptions and you are free to have yours.

Good Day !!

joe
18th November 2008, 05:21 PM
http://jyovramsundar.blogspot.com/2008/11/blog-post_18.html

joe
18th November 2008, 05:27 PM
http://vinavu.wordpress.com/2008/11/17/law2/

A must read one.

selvakumar
18th November 2008, 05:27 PM
Punnaimaran,
Relax. If the general public interfere in a normal fight, the chances of the fight getting stopped are little less. But they can control it. But here we can hardly expect the general public to intervene since the students are fighting with all forms of crude weapons. Even if they try to stop as a gang, the chances of them getting hurt is still high. Moreover, the police is there. It would be foolish to expect the general public to intervene & stop.

You are talking about the ideal situation. Practical ah *intha visayathula* work out aagura chance kammi.

Fine, I don't need a video. How would you have reacted to this incident ? How would you have stopped this FIGHT ?

selvakumar
18th November 2008, 05:28 PM

A must read one.
Please post contents. I don't know.. but for strange reasons only this blog is blocked !

joe
18th November 2008, 05:40 PM
Selva,
I sent through PM.

crazy
18th November 2008, 05:53 PM
[tscii:430ba35f70]
அது போலவே, “எஸ்.சி - பி.சி ஹாஸ்டல்கள் தனித்தனியே அமைக்கப் பட்டிருப்பதும்” சாதி ஆதிக்கத்தின் விளைவுதான் என்பது ஆதிக்க சாதியினருக்கு உரைப்பதில்லை. இது நூற்றாண்டு காலமாக நின்று நிலவும் வழக்கமோ மரபோ அல்ல. ஆதிக்க சாதியினரின் மன உணர்வைப் புரிந்து கொண்டு அரசாங்கம் செய்திருக்கும் ஏற்பாடு. சட்டக்கல்லூரி விடுதி ஒன்றாக இருந்ததும் பிரச்சினை ‘வெடிப்பதற்கு’ ஒரு காரணம்.

sariya puriyavillai :oops:
are there separate hostel rooms for SC and BC?

ஒளிபரப்பப் பட்ட ஒரு வன்முறை - ஒளிபரப்பப்படாத ஆயிரம் வன்முறைகள்
:banghead: [/tscii:430ba35f70]

selvakumar
18th November 2008, 06:13 PM
Selva,
I sent through PM.

:ty:

Antha article :notworthy:
Ovvoru point ah pudichu summa nachunnu reply panni irukkaar. One of the better articles that I read.. :)

MrJudge
18th November 2008, 07:02 PM

A must read one.

Yes, a good one. The SC-ST people still are untouchables in many parts of TN. His Erode episode just shows what a neutral person can do. I don't think he would have returned home if he showed any resistance. I felt so sorry for that thAththA. But We can't take the law college incident lightly too and justify it with previous incidents of upper caste. No human being will like to see the violence from both groups.

Tamilan
18th November 2008, 07:06 PM
[tscii:a8171fd102]

A must read one.

typical dalit 'sArpu' thoughts

I agree nobody can be a 100% nuetral :)

The blogger says the violence of dalit is rare one. But my experience differs.

காந்தியின் பதிலில் இருந்த ‘நேர்மை’ கூடத் :banghead:

like this some of the content of that blog article are irritating
[/tscii:a8171fd102]

MrJudge
18th November 2008, 07:12 PM
The blogger says the dalit violence is rare one. But my experience differs.

May be but dalits are suppressed by upper caste for so many years is a well known fact. They are also into violence to protest, so one way or the other violence continues.

Vivasaayi
18th November 2008, 07:30 PM
why separate hostels for daliths and others?...yen apdiye thani thani thattu,tumbler ellam kudukka vendiyadhuthana?

separate college festivals for upper and lower caste conducted by students?...is there someting called college administration?

P_R
18th November 2008, 07:42 PM

A must read one.

selvakumar
18th November 2008, 07:42 PM
Yes, a good one. The SC-ST people still are untouchables in many parts of TN. His Erode episode just shows what a neutral person can do. I don't think he would have returned home if he showed any resistance. I felt so sorry for that thAththA. But We can't take the law college incident lightly too and justify it with previous incidents of upper caste. No human being will like to see the violence from both groups.
Whenever I had interaction with some people from these areas, they argued with me that it is natural and is part of the society & there is nothing wrong in it :x Problem is most them don't know that its inhuman.

Viv - The blogger had given the reason for separate hostels

selvakumar
18th November 2008, 07:44 PM

A must read one.

:?

crazy
18th November 2008, 07:59 PM
[tscii:00eefa895b]

thani thani hostel jøss :shock: [/tscii:00eefa895b]

Tamilan
18th November 2008, 08:42 PM

Punnakku reason

avaru solluratha padi parthal, not only in hostel

need separate college, separate bus/seats same as for ladies, separate teachers, separate road n separate govt :huh:

I say the problem comes because both of them are not mingling but again n again separation-a?

this is new dimension of "Theendamai"

joe
18th November 2008, 08:51 PM
[tscii:5af35e1e49]
வெடிக்கும்போது மட்டும்தான் இத்தகையதொரு சாதிப் பிரச்சினை சமூகத்தில் நிலவுவதே தங்களுக்குத் தெரியவருவது போல நடிப்பதற்கு ஆதிக்க சாதியினரின் மூளை நன்றாகப் பயிற்றுவிக்கப் பட்டிருக்கிறது.

உலகப்புகழ் பெற்ற இசைஞானி இளையராஜாவின் ஊரும், தமிழ் சினிமாவின் பாடல் பெற்ற தலமுமான பண்ணைப்புரத்தில், மாஸ்ட்ரோ ராஜாவின் மாமன் மச்சான்களுக்கு தனிக்குவளைதான். எமது அமைப்பைச் சேர்ந்த தோழர்கள் அதை எதிர்த்துப் போராடிய பிறகுதான் ‘அப்படியா?’ என்று புருவம் உயர்த்தியது தமிழ்நாடு. இன்னமும் இந்தச் சேதி பலருக்குத் தெரியாமல் இருக்கக் கூடும்.

ஒருவேளை தெரிந்தாலும், “ஒரு தலித்தின் இசை என்பதற்காகப் புறக்கணிக்காமல், அதனைக் கொண்டாடிய தமிழர்தம் தகைமை குறித்த பெருமிதத்தை ஒப்பிடுகையில் தனி கிளாஸ் பிரச்சினை ஒரு சில்லறை விவகாரமே” என்று கூட ஆதிக்க மனோபாவம் அமைதி கொள்ளக் கூடும்.

பண்ணைப்புரம் மட்டுமா? கண்டதேவி, சேலம் மாரியம்மன் கோயில், பாப்பாபட்டி, கீரிப்பட்டி, மேலவளவு, திண்ணியம்.. இன்னும் எத்தனை எடுத்துக் காட்டுகள் வேண்டும்? எண்ணிக்கையில் அதிகமாக இருப்பதனாலேயே இவை சகஜமாகி விடுகின்றனவோ?

திண்ணியம் கிராமத்தில் கொடுத்த பணத்தைத் திருப்பிக் கேட்ட குற்றத்துக்காக, தலித்துக்கு சூடு வைத்து, வாயில் மலம் திணிக்கப்பட்ட வன்முறை சட்டக் கல்லூரி வன்முறையைக் காட்டிலும் மென்மையானதா? அந்தக் குற்றவாளிகளை நீதிமன்றம் தீண்டாமைக் குற்றத்துக்காக தண்டிக்கவில்லை என்பதை பதிவர்கள் அறிவார்களா?

தேவர் சாதியினர் சூழ்ந்து நின்று கொண்டு வார்த்தை வார்த்தையாக சொல்லிக் கொடுக்க, “யாரும் என்னைக் கட்டாயப்படுத்தவில்லை. நானாகத்தான் பஞ்சாயத்து தலைவர் பதவியை ராஜினாமா செய்கிறேன்” என்று பாப்பாபட்டி தலித் பஞ்சாயத்து தலைவர் டி.வி காமெராவின் முன் சொல்லவைக்கப் பட்டாரே, அந்த வன்முறையைக் கண்டு கோடிக்கணக்கான தலித் மக்களின் சுயமரியாதை உணர்வு புழுவாய்த் துடித்திருக்குமே, அதை யாராலாவது உணரமுடிகிறதா?

அனைத்திந்தியப் புகழ் பெற்ற ‘கயர்லாஞ்சி படுகொலை’யில் போட்மாங்கே என்ற தலித்தின் நிலத்தைப் பறித்துக் கொண்டு, அதற்கெதிராக போலீசில் அவர் புகார் கொடுத்த குற்றத்துக்காக, அவரது மனைவியையும் கல்லூரியில் படிக்கும் மகளையும் கற்பழித்துக் கொலை செய்து, மகன்கள் இருவரையும் கொலைசெய்த ஆதிக்க சாதிக் குற்றவாளிகளில் ஒருவர் கூட தீண்டாமைக் குற்றத்துக்காக தண்டிக்கப்படவில்லை என்பதை அறிவீர்களா? மேல் முறையீட்டில் விடுதலையாவதற்குத் தோதான ஓட்டைகளை வைத்துத்தான் அவர்களில் சிலருக்குத் தூக்கு தண்டனை அளிக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது என்பது உங்களுக்குத் தெரியுமா?

மேலவளவு படுகொலையை விசாரித்த செசன்ஸ் நீதிபதி தேவர் சாதியைச் சேர்ந்தவர் என்பதும், கொலைகாரர்களின் சாதிவெறியை விட நீதிமன்றத்தின் சாதிவெறி கொடியதாக இருந்தது என்பதும் உங்களுக்குத் தெரியுமா? “உண்மையான கொலைகாரர்கள் பலர் தண்டிக்கப்படவில்லை” என்று சென்னை உயர்நீதி மன்றம் தனது தீர்ப்பிலேயே குறிப்பிட்டிருந்தும், தமிழகத்தின் கழக அரசுகள் அதனை இதுவரை கண்டுகொள்ளவில்லை என்பதை அறிவீர்களா?

எத்தனை கொலைகள், எத்தனை வல்லுறவுகள்.. அவற்றையெல்லாம் பட்டியலிட்டால் இந்தப் பதிவு மீட்டர் கணக்கில் நீளும்.

ஒளிபரப்பப் பட்ட ஒரு வன்முறை - ஒளிபரப்பப்படாத ஆயிரம் வன்முறைகள்!

மேலவளவும், திண்ணியமும் ‘லைவ்’ ஆக ஒளிபரப்பப்படாத காரணத்தினால்தான் தமிழகம் குமுறிக் கொந்தளிக்கவில்லையோ?
[/tscii:5af35e1e49]

selvakumar
18th November 2008, 08:54 PM
[tscii:ba3b4427e0]

Punnakku reason

avaru solluratha padi parthal, not only in hostel

need separate college, separate bus/seats same as for ladies, separate teachers, separate road n separate govt :huh:

I say the problem comes because both of them are not mingling but again n again separation-a?

this is new dimension of "Theendamai"

:fatigue:

மாணவர் விடுதிகளும், மாணவியர் விடுதிகளும் ஏன் தனித்தனியாக இருக்கின்றன என்று யாரையாவது கேட்டுப் பாருங்கள். இப்படிப்பட்ட ‘கேனத்தனமான’ கேள்வி அவர்களுக்கு ஆச்சரியமூட்டும். “பஞ்சையும் நெருப்பையும் யாராவது பக்கத்தில் வைப்பார்களா? ஆதாமுக்கும் ஏவாளுக்கும் அன்றுமுதல் இன்றுவரை தனி விடுதிதானே” என்று பதிலளிப்பார்கள்.

ஆணாதிக்கத்தின் அபாயத்திலிருந்து பெண்களைப் பாதுகாக்க வேறு வழியில்லாத காரணத்தினால்தான் பெண்களைத் தனியாகப் பாதுகாக்க வேண்டியிருக்கிறது என்ற சாதாரணமான உண்மைகூட ஆண் மனதுக்கு உரைப்பதில்லை. [/tscii:ba3b4427e0]

joe
18th November 2008, 08:54 PM
Ithe TN-la 'Dalit vaayil malam thinikkapattathu ' is more violent than this ..But i am sure most of the hubbers here never ever heard about it.

crazy
18th November 2008, 09:07 PM
so jaadhiya ozhikka vazhiye illaiya :oops:

joe
18th November 2008, 09:15 PM
Ithe TN-la 'Dalit vaayil malam thinikkapattathu ' is more violent than this ..But i am sure most of the hubbers here never ever heard about it.

There is no justification for the violence and brutal attack ..It is sick ..But Adi vaangiyavan yokkiyan /appaavi illai ..He came with knife ..Konjam vittiruntha avan konjam perai kaththiyaala kuthiyiruppan.

Media-la kaamikkapatta one side mattumillama , accused from both sides should be punished .

And just happen to see this one incident live in TV ,People shouldn't think this is the biggest violent ..There are bigggggggggggggger violence than this happening this country everyday ,but just it is not getting live coverage ,you give a damn about it.

joe
18th November 2008, 09:17 PM
[tscii:cf12f18caf]தாக்குதல் சம்பவத்தை நேரில் பார்த்த கல்பாக்கத்தைச் சேர்ந்த கோபால் நம்மிடம், “அந்தக் கொடூரத்தை நினைத்தாலே மனம் பதறுகிறது. என் கண்முன்னால் சிவப்பு கலர் டி-ஷர்ட் போட்ட ஒரு மாணவர், இன்னொருவரோடு பைக்கில் வருகிறார். அவர்களுக்கு செல்போனில் எங்கிருந்தோ உத்தரவுகள் வருகிறது. `நான் ஃபீல்டுலதான் இருக்கேன். ஒருத்தனையாவது போட்டுட்டு வந்துர்றேன்’ என்றபடியே காம்பவுண்ட் சுவரில் கத்தியைத் தீட்டுகிறார். அந்த இரண்டு பேரும் கத்தியோடு சுவர் ஏறிக் குதிக்கின்றனர். கேட்டின் உள்புறம் சில மாணவர்கள் கட்டைகளோடு நிற்கின்றனர். இந்த இரண்டு பேரும் கத்தியோடு உள்ளே பாய, அந்த மாணவர்கள் கட்டையால் விளாச ஆரம்பித்துவிட்டனர். கடைசியில் கத்தி கொண்டு போன மாணவர்களை மருத்துவமனைக்கு தூக்கிக் கொண்டு போனார்கள். (- குமுதம் ரிப்போர்ட்டர் - 20.10.08)

[/tscii:cf12f18caf]

rajraj
18th November 2008, 09:19 PM
Sad ! :(

I wrote this story based on my childhood experience more than 60 years back.

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=4761

I thought the current generation would be more progressive. Looks like things have not changed much ! :(

app_engine
18th November 2008, 09:19 PM
புத்தியைத்தீட்ட அனுப்பினால், கத்தியைத்தீட்டுவோரை என்னென்பது?

:-(

app_engine
18th November 2008, 09:33 PM
Sad ! :(

I wrote this story based on my childhood experience more than 60 years back.

I thought the current generation would be more progressive. Looks like things have not changed much ! :(

அருமையான கதை / சம்பவம்!

ராஜ், சில நல்லோரின் முயற்சியால் கொஞ்சம் முன்னேற்றம் இருந்தது தான் - குறைந்த பட்சம் சிறிது காலத்துக்காவது (அதாவது 'ஒன்றே குலம்' என்கிற விஷயத்தில்).

ஆனால், தற்போது பின்னேற்றம் இருப்பதாகத்தோன்றுகிறது

வன்முறையைப்பொறுத்த மட்டும் undoubtedly ever-growing:-(

joe
18th November 2008, 09:46 PM
so jaadhiya ozhikka vazhiye illaiya :oops:

Crazy,
Unless the descrimination is eliminated ,there is no way for end of this caste. :(

Most of us who settled in cities think that 'theendaamai' is not much praticed ..But even in TN ,theendaamai is still practiced in rural areas ..As selva said ,most of the non-dalits think that descrimination on dalits is 'natural' ,nothing big deal ,because they are not in receiving end.

Most of us including me thought education will change this attitude ,but unfortunately the effect is very little .. Education became 'yettu suraikkaai' ..it is not giving enough social responsibility against caste.

What we can do is ..atleast we don't practice caste and treat dalits equally and teach our children to do the same.

வன்முறை என்பது இரத்தின் தெறிப்பு மட்டுமல்ல .கருத்தியல் வன்முறை ,சுயமரியாதைக்கு எதிரான தாக்குதல் ,தந்திரமான அடக்குமுறை அனைத்தும் வன்முறை தான்.

crazy
18th November 2008, 10:17 PM
ninaikkave avamaanama irukku :( ennoda iyalaamaiya ninachu innum varuthama irukku :cry:

joe
18th November 2008, 10:23 PM
ninaikkave avamaanama irukku :(

UngaLai pola ellorukkum antha eNNam vanthutta evvaLavu nalla irukkum :)

Tamilan
18th November 2008, 10:30 PM
:fatigue:

well, then remove "separate bus/seats same as for ladies" from my post. no problem.

Mela ethavathu sollunga selva :)

ஒளிபரப்பப் பட்ட ஒரு வன்முறை - ஒளிபரப்பப்படாத ஆயிரம் வன்முறைகள்!

Very good statement but at the same time Antha "ஒளிபரப்பப்படாத ஆயிரம் வன்முறைகள்" ellam anti-dalit appadinu yaravathu ninaicheenganna, that is not good

Tamilan
18th November 2008, 11:20 PM
What we can do is ..atleast we don't practice caste and treat dalits equally and teach our children to do the same.

Well said :thumbsup:

ksen
18th November 2008, 11:35 PM
There is lot of hypocrisy in theendaamai. In the same village, if a high ranking dalit official, say a collector or a police officer comes, will the same treatment be given? Forget the post - if it is a somewhat posh looking city fellow, he will be treated an equal, - not as an untouchable. Money changes attitudes. If an unknown dalit family stops their car in the same teashop will the fellow enquire their antecedents?

Leave alone dalits and non-dalits. I have seen theendaamai being practised within dalits themselves. Why do you think DPI and Pudhiya Thamizhagam don't get along?

app_engine
19th November 2008, 01:20 AM
if it is a somewhat posh looking city fellow, he will be treated an equal

எப்படி எல்லாரையும் அப்படி மாற்றுவது ('பாஷ் லுக்கிங் ஃபெல்லோ') என்பது தானே இப்போது பெரிய சவால்?

அதற்குத்தான் இட ஒதுக்கீடு எல்லாம். ஆனால், படிக்கப்போன கல்லூரியிலும் இப்படிக்குழப்பங்கள் வந்தால், எப்படி நிலைமை முன்னேறும்?

app_engine
19th November 2008, 01:51 AM

That's a very important basic step, no doubt. And, marriage is even more powerful tool in reducing such tensions.

However, I believe that while PRACTICING is very important, PREACHING is also necessary in this kind of situations to alert the ignorant ones. Preach it aloud we should.

Grab every opportunity for it, that's why I suggested in one of my earlier postings that we should refuse to fill-in the caste column in school applications. While this was a non-issue when my son went to KG / primary in Kerala, when we moved to TN at his 5th grade, it was such a big issue in school and I was summoned. And I liked it. It gave me a nice opportunity to give a STRONG & funny lecture to the school head, while explaining why we don't want to fill-in :-)

Thirumaran
19th November 2008, 10:47 AM
Yesterday there was one more show on comedy lines.. Father of a arrested person was shouting in front of police station using baed words with his baniyan body :lol2: Yaaro sonna maathiri sirippu police thaan nyaabagam vanthuchu :|

crajkumar_be
19th November 2008, 04:18 PM
Joe,
1. I have heard/read about many incidents of atrocities against Dalits, including the one you are referring to (similar things have happened in mnay places across India). In my mind, anyone who doesn't feel anger, sadness, outrage, helplessness on seeing/hearing about such things is mentally deranged, like how caste veriyars are.
2. Like all of us, i felt SICK after watching the video. Like all of us, i registered my displeasure. At that time, i didn't know the castes of the victim and the aggressors ( i assume its the same for most of us).. I came to know the caste identities for sure only yesterday

I read parts of the blog post you had quoted. Maybe i'm missing some background but what the blogger seems to be saying is "All those who denounced the violence that you watched in the video - shame on you! What about all the violence against Dalits? Whether you accept it or not, those who denounce the violence in this video have the upper caste mentalility. I can smell the parpaniya stench in you. Just because this was shown live you are reacting in this manner". I'm not sure what the blogger wants.

How does condemning the violence in this video amount to exhibiting aadhikka saadhi manappanmai? Condemn senja pala peru adi vaangunavan dhaan Dalit nu nenachitrundhaanga IMO.
And *obviously*, incidents shown live will have maximum impact.
idha condemn seyyaravanga Dalit atrocities-a condemn seyya maattaanganga nu eppadi assume pannalaam.

And the reasoning for separate hostels - :roll:
What is your opinion on that?

P.S: adi vaangunavanga enna senjanga-nu video paatha udane theriyadha vishayam. And anyway thats a different matter as far as the issue i have with this blog is concerned.

Please correct me if im wrong in any of the points i've mentioned.

There is no justification for the violence and brutal attack ..It is sick ..But Adi vaangiyavan yokkiyan /appaavi illai ..He came with knife ..Konjam vittiruntha avan konjam perai kaththiyaala kuthiyiruppan.

Media-la kaamikkapatta one side mattumillama , accused from both sides should be punished .

And just happen to see this one incident live in TV ,People shouldn't think this is the biggest violent ..There are bigggggggggggggger violence than this happening this country everyday ,but just it is not getting live coverage ,you give a damn about it.