PDA

View Full Version : A World Tamil League?

NOV
19th November 2008, 06:18 AM
[tscii] Wednesday November 19, 2008
MIC Youth: Set up Tamil League

KUALA LUMPUR: The MIC Youth has proposed the setting up of a Tamil League in a move to attract international attention to the plight of Tamils in Sri Lanka.

Adviser S. Vell Paari said the league should be a United Nations-recognised body, similar to the Organisa- tion of the Islamic Conference (OIC).

“I believe a new league of Tamils representing their resident country should be established in Tamil Nadu to diligently and vigilantly guard over the political, economic and social agenda of Tamils living all over the world,” he said in a statement.

Vell Paari said the Tamil League should have a similar framework and diplomatic status like that of the UN and each Tamil representative from member countries should be given an ambassadorship entitling them to diplomatic immunity.

“I say this to sanction a valid representation from the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE), who can also sit within this Tamil League to voice its concerns and grievances without the fear of being detained,” he said.

Vell Paari said the Tamil League can set up a committee to discuss and negotiate with the Sri Lankan Government for a peaceful solution.

For details, please e-mail Vell Paari at tamilleague@gmail.com.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/11/19/nation/2582365&sec=nation

selvakumar
19th November 2008, 10:26 AM
Ketka nalla irukku.. But nadakkuma :? (nadakka viduvaangalah ?)

crazy
19th November 2008, 01:28 PM
interesting .... nice idea, but

Vell Paari said the Tamil League can set up a committee to discuss and negotiate with the Sri Lankan Government for a peaceful solution.

ulaga naadugaliye(?) kandukkaatha singala arasu Tamil League endha vidathila ethukkum?

sevidan kaathula sangu oothina maarithaan irukkum ...hm :?