Pages : 1 [2]

littlemaster1982
12th October 2009, 01:26 AM
Raikks,

You should have watched the original one (Thai version) :oops: :frightened:

Raikkonen
12th October 2009, 09:21 AM
actually i don't like to watch with subtitles.. :lol: :oops:

it came out when i was doing pre-u and some of them recommended it... padikkira arvathula miss pannitten..:lol:

Appu s
12th October 2009, 11:26 AM
Raikks,

the girl is more scary even before she die :oops:

VENKIRAJA
12th October 2009, 12:02 PM
Raikks,

nallA irundhuchu...!

Appu s
13th October 2009, 05:28 PM
The Descent (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435625/)

the characters are only women...
it has some scary moments in the dark cave...
recommended for horror lovers :D

Raikkonen
26th October 2009, 10:18 AM
it's that time of the year... halloween.. :boo:

no celebration here since nobody knows what on earth is halloween anyway.. :lol:

probably they will distribute caramel sweets in my workplace on friday.

probably will be watching sleepaway camp ....again :lol: . For a movie being mocked as a cheap rip off from friday the 13th (which in turn copied from halloween which was inspired by black christmas) it's just amazing and ended up being far better than any 10 of jason's movies..

the ending blew my mind the first time I watched this film and it still continues to blow it to this day. It is easily the most insane twist ending to ever exist... it's almost as shocking as norman's wig falling off and jason popping up to grab alice on the boat..

littlemaster1982
26th October 2009, 10:50 AM
Raikks,

Heard about this film (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1179904/)? Aaha, Oho-nu pesikkuraanga :roll:

Raikkonen
26th October 2009, 10:53 AM
not much.. :oops:

vinod said he has watched this before.

will try to get the dvd asap.. reviews in bloodydisgusting pramathama irukku..

littlemaster1982
26th October 2009, 10:55 AM
Seems like the ending is different in DVDs/pirated versions. Theatre ending-dhaan nalla irukkam :roll:

Raikkonen
26th October 2009, 10:59 AM
ic..

but inga intha mathiri padam ellam release-eh aagathu.. :cry:

littlemaster1982
26th October 2009, 10:59 AM
Ingaiyumdhaan. Will try to watch this film within this week.

Appu s
26th October 2009, 11:10 AM
LM only few people given good review, most others trashed it :oops:

littlemaster1982
26th October 2009, 11:15 AM
Ohh, probably because of shaky cam :? Naan paartha reviews ellam thumbsup-dhan. Will try this anyway.

Appu s
26th October 2009, 11:17 AM
some people even said that there is no scary at all, comparing it to blair witch :mrgreen:

littlemaster1982
26th October 2009, 11:18 AM
Pakkalaam. Naan innum Blair Witch paarkkala :oops:

littlemaster1982
27th October 2009, 05:36 PM
A comment in IMDB for Saw VI

How am I feeling? Shocked. I walked into this movie with the lowest of expectations because I really wasn't satisfied or impressed by any of the sequels and I was not expecting to be impressed by this one either. Well.....I stand corrected. I personally am not a fan of the Saw series but this movie alone despite the failure in in the past has made me a fan.

All the unanswered questions were all brought together with a twist through each one. The violence and gore that Saw has brought to us continues but this time a well thought plot with meaning and character development is attached. The way everything comes together is mind-blowing and yes......my mind is literally blown. This movie was so outstanding that it has redeemed this failing series.

If your not a fan of Saw do NOT let that turn you away because you will NOT be disappointed. This is nothing like the others. It takes a completely different approach for the good. Wow.......just wow was this ever good. While I would not give most of the other sequels over a 5 I give this movie 10 because of the fact of how I could not think of any way this movie could have been better. It was literally perfection.

Raikkonen
30th October 2009, 09:29 AM
Halloweeeeeeeeeeen.. :happydance:

no difference here.. but atleast some dude dressed as king kong (was that a horror character?) here.. :lol: and distributed some pamphlets.

anyway i will try to list my fav 10 horror movies.. just to heat up the pumpkin day..

1. Black Christmas
2. Sleepaway Camp
3. Psycho (ya it's a horror)
4. Happy Birthday to Me
5. Friday the 13th II
6. Terror Train
7. April Fools Day :rotfl2:
8. Halloween
9. When Stranger Calls
10. Army of Darkness

VinodKumar's
30th October 2009, 09:32 AM
not much.. :oops:

vinod said he has watched this before.

will try to get the dvd asap.. reviews in bloodydisgusting pramathama irukku..

raiks naan pakkala en frnd thaan paathaan ... he said its different and very gud ...

but pona vaaram innrouthan paathutu mokka nu sollitu poitaan ...

50 - 50 thaan nu ninaikiraen ...

Raikkonen
9th November 2009, 12:58 PM
halloween remake/prequel

:sigh2: ok attempt, but really lacked the scare factor that made halloween a cult classic in the first place..

and myers with long hair. :lol:

groucho070
9th November 2009, 01:14 PM
Rob Zombie?

Raikkonen
9th November 2009, 01:18 PM
ya.. that guy

groucho070
9th November 2009, 01:31 PM
Interesting career switch. From singing about them, he is making movies about them. I like his music, not sure about the films though... did you see his earlier films, the low-budget ones?

Trivia: He sang one of my fav film songs, The One (Escape From LA, a John Carpenter connection you can work out).

Raikkonen
9th November 2009, 06:02 PM
i've heard about him.. but didn't know about his illustrious background.

of course his name attracted me and his involvement with halloween made me respect him even more.

// movie isn't well regarded in the internet.. ebert as usual slammed (an horror) movie. but the movie is highly acclaimed in the horror community (bloody disgusting etc)..

of course it's difficult for anyone to remake a classic. furthermore, the original is regarded as the best horror movie ever (not for me :lol:) .. but he did a good job. i liked the characterization of the doctor..

19thmay
9th November 2009, 06:11 PM
Shutter (Eng)

that was actually a bit scary.. and the ending bit (the ghost still draped across the guy's back) totally scared me.. :oops: :lol: :shaking:

and

Rachael Taylor was stunning.. both on looks and performance wise..

Yov! Indha padam thaan Sivi-nu solla koodadha! :lol:

Naan paisa koduthu vaangi waste-a pochE!

Scene by scene copy! :hammer:

Raikkonen
9th November 2009, 06:14 PM
:rotfl2:

namma tamil rasigargal jumping, lowing ellathalyum killadiga.. entha padathlenthu suttalum kandupidichiduvaainga.. :lol:

Raikkonen
13th November 2009, 09:42 AM
Friday the 13th (today).. :shaking: :D

they're showing new blood here (11pm HBo).. quite shocking because they have banned most friday/nightmare movies here.. they still haven't lifted the ban for freddy vs jason (2003).. :twisted: :lol:

new blood was ok imo. obviously jason was a big joke heading to this movie, after the new beginning debacle and the comical jason lives. it was filmed in very serious tone (something i liked) comparing to the highly acclaimed previous entry.. of course it featured the (now legendary) sleeping bag kill.. :rotfl2: :bow:

many jason/friday 13th fans loved/love jason lives. :x.. i'm not one of them. the movie killed the franchise for good. of course new beginning fired the bullet first, but jason lives did most of the damage. the director made jason look like a goof. he threw plethora of 'shoot'/ breaking the 4th wall lines throughout the movie..

it has 52% in rotten tomatoes.. very very high rating for a friday movie..:lol: :oops:

much better than later entries new blood (12%), takes manhattan (6%), Goes to Hell (3%).. :lol: :oops:

Raikkonen
20th November 2009, 12:03 PM
New Beginning (ft13).. 8-)

i've been quite harsh on this movie in the past.. even went far and demanded a medal for sitting through 90 mins.. :lol: :oops: (like 7 yrs ago)..

it isn't that that bad actually.. like all other friday movies, nothing special in this (except the twist in the end).. but pretty good horror with some nasty kills..

further review coming soon..

groucho070
5th December 2009, 08:16 AM
Excited, Raiks?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61315

Raikkonen
5th December 2009, 10:32 AM
really awkward to see someone else in that role.. englund has been awesome as freddy and i can go even far and say without him the franchise would have died after the god-awful revenge of the freddy.

but as always, i always support horror movies, no matter how terrible they are.

i wish they would remake other movies in the horror series (rather than originals) like jason takes manhattan (was heading to be my favorite ft13 sequel until the ill fated move to the big apple), dream warriors (unbelievable concept, imagine what they can do with even better graphics)

Raikkonen
20th December 2009, 01:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ_1XazjmDw

my favorite scene from my favorite movie ever..

this is just scary man.. :bow:

Raikkonen
24th December 2009, 07:26 AM
Some good horror movies for the holiday season :lol:

http://www.onlygoodmovies.com/good/movies/horror/holiday/

groucho070
24th December 2009, 07:45 AM
Santha's Slay looks awesome :lol:

19thmay
16th January 2010, 11:00 PM
Drag me to hell - Watch it :thumbsup:

Interesting.

viraajan
16th January 2010, 11:14 PM
LM's recommendation. Downloaded Shutter!

Will watch it this week :shaking:

Will post my comment LM :yes:

viraajan
18th January 2010, 08:27 PM
Shutter! :shaking: :shaking:

Enakku lEsa neck pain irukku :yessir:

Thanks LM for recommending. Scary one :shaking:

kid-glove
11th February 2010, 03:52 PM
Groucho, Raiks

Gimme a list of great horror/slasher/zombie(and any other category, you decide) flicks..

Raikkonen
11th February 2010, 04:07 PM
i'm a fan of slashers.. but don't mind watching other sub-genres.

here yo go

slasher
-----------------

1972: twitch of the death nerve
1974: black christmas
1978: halloween
1986: psycho III
1980: friday the 13th part II
1984: friday the 13th: final chapter
1984: nightmare on elm street
1987: nightmare on elm street: dream warriors
1981: terror train
1981: my bloody valentine
1986: house
1981: he knows you're alone
1981: bloody birthday
1981: happy birthday to me
2000" american psycho
1984: april fool's day (some don't even consider it as an horror. spoiler:look at the title)
1983: sleepaway camp

Psycho
------------------

2009: orphan
2008: joshua
1982: evil dead

Biblical/religious
----------------------------------

Exorcist
Exorcist III
1974: Omen

Comedy
-----------------

2000: Scary Movie
evil dead II
1993: army of darkness

Splatter
---------------
1984: silent night, deadly night

more to follow

ajaybaskar
11th February 2010, 04:15 PM
Psycho:

The Silence of the lambs
Red Dragon
Hannibal
Copycat
Highwaymen
When a stranger calls

Biblical:

End of days

kid-glove
11th February 2010, 04:17 PM
:ty: Raiks. Another suggestion: The year of release needs to be given if necessary. For example, The Omen has two releases. I have seen the 70's one, which I quite like. But I suppose there is another remake last decade. Similarly Exorcist, etc.

kid-glove
11th February 2010, 04:21 PM
Relevant to this thread:

Comedy could be described just as easily in words. Books could replace that. Slapstick, maybe not as effectively. Staged dramas is a big outlet. But think about it, films aren't exclusive medium for comedies.

On the other hand, horror and Action cannot be presented with accessibility and impact through words, it's better to show it. And you can't stage it. Blood and violence can never be presented with authenticity in real-time, and requires a dead medium. No other medium could contemplate, replicate and duplicate it effectively than films.

Discuss.

Filmmaking as a medium/craft is especially MADE for horror. :thumbsup:

groucho070
12th February 2010, 07:03 AM
thilak, while I don't mind watching those films Raiks is devoted to, I am not a big fan. I just do catching up and like them like, err, fast food.

Having said that, I am a big fan of Sci-fi/horror. List-u?

Alien & Aliens
The Fly (50s & 80s version)
Invasion of the Body Snatcher (50s & 70s version)
The Thing (80s, haven't seen the 50s one)
Predator 1 & 2 (no, 2 didn't suck for me)
Altered State
War of the World (no, not the couch-jumper one)
The Blob

There is something about the atmosphere in these films, especially the 70s/80s one. Take The Thing for example. It starts with an helicopter chasing an Alaskan Husky, trying to shoot it. I mean, WTF???? And from then on one twist after another and the ending was scary and nothing really happens there. You just don't know. But forget about the opening, you can watch any part of these films and get intrigued. The constant suspense. The smell of fear.

Raymond Chandler once wrote that a good mystery is a book which you can read even if someone tore off the last chapter. I feel the same about these films. Watch them at any moment and you are sucked in.

kid-glove
12th February 2010, 03:04 PM
:ty: Groucho and Ajaybaskar.

Needless to say, John Carpenter is one of my favorite filmmakers. He understood horror had to be explored in truly cinematic ways. Atmosphere is everything. "Halloween", "The fog" and "The thing" to name the trinity of sorts from late 70's to 80's.

Btw, do you guys like DePalma's Carrie and Polanski's Repulsion, Rosemary baby and Tenant (Apt trilogy).

Then there is Italian Giallo by Argento and Bava. Not that I'm expert in these matters, but I've collected their films and watch quite a few then and there. "Suspria" and "Blood And Black Lace" to name two, are unique pieces of filmmaking. Its brilliance had got to many American filmmakers of 70's. Especially John Carpenter (especially "Halloween") and DePalma (especially "Dressed to Kill" and "Carrie")!

There are three british films in "The wicker man", "Don't look now", "Frightmare" which released within a year in 70's, that I have seen, I'd recommend 'em. As I would the 60's "The Innocents" from British Isles. I don't consider "Peeping Tom" to be horror, Like "Pyscho", is more of a thriller with horror tropes (but no guesses that Hitchcock inspired Argento and Bava). On the other hand, "Shining" could crossover to being a full-fledged "horror" with its atmosphere. Besides, I see "The Silence of the lambs" as a thriller(mentioned by Ajaybaskar). But in psycho films, "Dressed to Kill" has an element of gothic horror.

Among contemporary films, Orphan mentioned by Raiks seems to be interesting. It's in tradition of "The Others"? (which owes a bit to "The changeling", "The innocents" etc)

Raikkonen
19th February 2010, 07:09 PM
Jason Takes Manhattan..

great 1st half, awful 2nd half. split in middle, call it a pass in the series.

you've got to watch the fight between jason and julius the boxer (original plan was to let jason fights him at madison square garden, but paramount as usual screwed the series with financial bond).

jason just punches the guy's head off.. let me repeat.. he punches the guy's head OFF. :D

ajaybaskar
8th March 2010, 08:56 PM
Case 39...

Although this movie has mostly recieved negative reviews, i liked it.. Worth a try!!!

ajithfederer
8th March 2010, 10:54 PM
In oscars show yesterday they hosted a tribute for horror films. They had a 3-4 minute preview of scenes from famous horror films. It was good.

bingleguy
9th March 2010, 12:13 AM
In oscars show yesterday they hosted a tribute for horror films. They had a 3-4 minute preview of scenes from famous horror films. It was good.

any way we could see that again :roll:

Raikkonen
15th March 2010, 10:54 AM
Don't go in the house - Damn.. it scared me.

Vacancy - Beckinsale was pretty. Nothing else.

Friday the 13th Part II - Awesome.

groucho070
15th March 2010, 11:34 AM
Athukellam time kedachutha, Raiksu? :lol:

Anyway, my wife finally buckled in and agreed to watch horror, I don't want to jump into heavy stuff, watching the Carpenter version of The Thing tonight.

groucho070
16th March 2010, 02:12 PM
The Thing (1982)

When wife asked if this is "horror" horror. I said no, more of a mystery thriller...till of course the damn thing emerged from the frickin' dog!!! Awesome effects, still looks good. Entire chilly atmosphere, superb performance from everyone, suspense at every turn, the film works even after we have been overexposed to thousands of cliches and schticks.

groucho070
17th March 2010, 08:09 AM
The Fly (1986).

Again, has to con my wife saying that it's more of a romance flick, rather than horror...until of course, Goldblum started to change into what would later inspire M. Night Syamalan for his alien.

Anyway, it's awesome, and doesn't look dated at all. In fact, the prosthetic job still looks great and this is what it should be used for instead of...hmmm...never mind.

And Jeff Goldblum :notworthy:

Next, the 70s version of Invasion of Body Snatcher. Damn...there used to be a time when remakes were good.

avven
17th March 2010, 11:11 AM
Anneliese Michel - Real Story Exorcism in Real Life

paakumbothu romba bayamavum :shaking: appuram paavamavum iruthuchi :cry2:

eppadi iruthavanga

http://www.fotofetch.com/emilyrosepictures/emilyrose1.jpg

ippadi aayutanga :cry:

http://blogultura.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/emily_rose_final.jpg

Raikkonen
19th March 2010, 02:09 PM
Athukellam time kedachutha, Raiksu? :lol:

Anyway, my wife finally buckled in and agreed to watch horror, I don't want to jump into heavy stuff, watching the Carpenter version of The Thing tonight.

Ya. I watch at office. :lol:

You should watch heavy stuffs.. like don't go in the house and american psycho... naasti aayidum :lol:

i have heard about thing and fly. but never seen them before. might check those out soon.

:cool2: avven.. i liked the original exorcist (movie). But the pic you posted is damn scary.

// i will be watching sleepaway camp for i don't know.. 27th time :lol: tonight..

the ending still gives me hibbly jibblies. check out wiki and see what they say (i know i know, someone edited it but still)..

"The film is widely known for having one of the most shocking endings in cinematic history."

couldn't get "twitch of the death nerve" anywhere in KL. Have to try ebay i think. someone told me FT13 was a major ripoff from this movie.

avven
19th March 2010, 02:40 PM
:cool2: avven.. i liked the original exorcist (movie). But the pic you posted is damn scary.

raiks aantha exorcism paathi oru real documentary yei iruku youtube...aathula aantha ponnu yeppadi iruthanga munnadi..irakumbothu eppadi iruthaaganu ellam pic-kiyum kaatunaanga...appuram exorcism panna audio tape payum play pannaga ...machi aantha voice sa keatathula iruthu thookamei sariya illa ippolam :shaking:

ajaybaskar
25th March 2010, 03:22 PM
The Amityville Horror

Even after 30 yrs of its release, the film is fresh and makes me wonder why the quality of horror films is deteriorating with time.

Raikkonen
28th March 2010, 10:07 AM
Jason goes to Hell - Awesome

I really underrated this one. Even went far and called it one of the worst entries in the series (even in this thread). But to be fair, i was 8 when i started watching FT13 series and all i wanted was Jason.

That's the biggest weakness in the movie. Jason only comes for 10 mins. 5 mins at the start and 5 mins in the end (both were amazing, you should check out). Jason possessing others is a good imagination. But the actors portraying jason were poor. in the crystal camp documentary, the director said he had to coach them step by step on acting as Jason. Either he's a terrible trainer or a terrible liar, because the result just wasn't good.

And this is the bloodiest entry in the entire series. Even Tom 'freakin' Savini's gorefest, Final chapter wasn't this crazy. And i loved this one for that reason. No cuts on killings/deaths. A welcome (??) addition after the MPAA butchered New Blood and Jason takes the cruise.

Raikkonen
2nd April 2010, 03:21 AM
Maniac - :frightened: :shaking:

Holy mario bava.. that was brutal. I've never seen so much gore in a movie before. Way too dark and too disturbing. I don't know how they even allowed the movie to get R status. Well, according to bloody disgusting, they didn't even send the movie to MPAA because they knew the movie would be banned :lol: ... Bloody MPAA, i want all the jason's kills uncensored... Btw, Tom Savini's scenes :bow:.. Point Blank Head Exploder :frightened:

Heroine was fine (Naomi from Spy who loved me).

My advice... Please don't watch this movie. It's NSFW. Not safe for mind or health. Too disturbing.

kid-glove
5th April 2010, 01:02 PM
Another one of American B-films to feature scalping !

Point Blank Head Exploder :frightened:
One of the most repulsive scenes ever captured. One of the genuine medium-defining reason why Thomas Edison invented motion picture camera.

I like the way it was lit by the car's headlights, and the way it was choreographed. From the hush darkness, the Maniac jumps onto the bonnet, and with a double barreled shotgun (?) blows the man's head off ! :omg:

Btw, doesn't this remind of some other film?

groucho070
5th April 2010, 01:56 PM
Haven't seen it, but have seen some gory stuff of that era (the Cannibal movies anyone?) and early. It's film like this that gets us oldies arrogant and snobbish. Any young folks comes gushing about gore or some excessive eroticsm, we'd yawn then say, "athellam eppovee partutoomla" and of course, do the :roll: :D Ana ithu innum parkala, you folks got me excited now.

kid-glove
5th April 2010, 03:09 PM
I agree. It's difficult to be genuinely surprised these days. Among relatively recent films, Jason X has the liquid nitrogen head-breakage sequence, of course ! :omg:

Raikkonen
29th April 2010, 08:55 AM
Nightmare on Elm Street is releasing tomorrow. 8-)

Surya
29th April 2010, 09:05 AM
I saw 2 horror flicks recently...well 4 actually.

The Exorcism Of Emily Rose - Had a few creepy ass scenes. But overall, not scary.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beggining (In Association with Micheal Bay). Saw the back to back and didn't study for my Medicine Internal! :banghead: It's okay, it got postponed in the last min, so it'll all good. 8-)

I Felt the original TCM with Jessica Beil was more Entertaining. The Beginning shows Michael Bay's take on the story, but doesn't have the realism the first one did.

Last but Not Least ::: Jennifer's Body.

Megan Fox :jollu: Jesus! I'd love to get eaten by her anyday! :P

Overall tho, bad movie.

ajithfederer
29th April 2010, 09:20 AM
Trailer Nandraaga irundadhu :yes:

ajaybaskar
29th April 2010, 11:11 AM
P2

Excellent. Produced by Alexandre Aja, this film has some gripping moments. Recommended.

Prabo
29th April 2010, 05:08 PM
Suspiria
Splendid and colorful camera work :clap:
Terrific, haunting and stylish BGM :clap: :clap:
But not so scary

Prabo
4th May 2010, 04:03 PM
R-Point
Replace Alien with Ghosts in Predator and you get R-Point. No gore, not as scary/creepy as I expected, but still watchable. Location is excellent. Foggy forest, wrecked and isolated building, wretched soldiers, old temple and structures, graveyard, plantation field, etc..its very atmospheric.

Raikkonen
7th May 2010, 01:07 AM
Trailer Nandraaga irundadhu :yes:

Padam out.. mokkai pottutainga..

Raikkonen
18th May 2010, 04:13 AM
Jason X - Embarassingly Bad. Although it had some good kills (I mean, Frozen Face Smash :bow:). It paid homage to several previous Jason ventures. The rooftop boxing scene from Part 8 was ripped, The infamous sleeping bag smash from new blood was imitated for fun. But the end product was horrible. New Line Cinema truly killed the Friday franchise.

Murder on the orient Express - Brilliant. Gripping, suspensful and awesome twists. Agatha Christie-esque screenplay. Oh wait. :lol:

Kambar_Kannagi
18th May 2010, 06:38 AM
The Crazies (2010) - pArkalAm.

littlemaster1982
19th May 2010, 01:16 AM
Case 39...

Although this movie has mostly recieved negative reviews, i liked it.. Worth a try!!!

It was spine chilling in few places. Dragged a bit after half way. Good one though.

ajaybaskar
19th May 2010, 01:10 PM
LM,

Drag me to hell?

littlemaster1982
19th May 2010, 06:47 PM
Innum pakkala.

Kambar_Kannagi
23rd May 2010, 07:47 AM
A Nightmare on Elm Street. Quite good :)
I'm sure frens who visit this thread will love it.

19thmay
23rd May 2010, 01:16 PM
LM,

Drag me to hell?

naan paathuten, interesting.

19thmay
23rd May 2010, 09:03 PM
Ring I & II :confused2:

Can some one explain me the story? :idontgetit:

ajaybaskar
23rd May 2010, 09:06 PM
Watch Scary Movie 3 for upright explanation...

Raikkonen
25th May 2010, 03:04 AM

jackie chan or michael jackson (Japan or English?)

ajithfederer
25th May 2010, 03:07 AM
:rotfl2: raikks.

19thmay
25th May 2010, 10:21 AM
MJ. :P

Nerd
25th May 2010, 07:36 PM

No. :twisted:

19thmay
26th May 2010, 12:35 PM
Why ya? Ungalukkum onnum velangalaya? :devil:

kid-glove
26th May 2010, 12:36 PM
I saw Ring, but I didn't really think much of its story when I saw it. In fact I don't quite remember it at all, that I wonder what made it effective, because it was in deed effective theatrical experience. Will have to watch it on TV one of these days.

kid-glove
26th May 2010, 12:41 PM
The power of films that a book could never match is in how the visual gore - or disturbing scenes, in general, works even if the whole plot sucks or is eminently forgettable. Hence why, I never patronize or undermine Horror films as less worthy. It is medium-defining.

Raikkonen
27th May 2010, 04:19 AM
MJ. :P

It's about a video cursed videotape. antha padatha paatha kudumbame nasama poyidum, kaikal velanga poyidum.

think necronomicon of Evil Dead (the 1st one of course) and replace it with the tape.

Kambar_Kannagi
27th May 2010, 07:36 AM
Raiks, Nightmare on Elm Street didn't work u?
Original version pArthurukkInggalA?

19thmay
27th May 2010, 09:41 AM
Raiks - I understood that part. But who took that video? If Samara was under the well in Part 1 then who was the killer? Was it Anna Morgan? Samara was adopted? Part II was relatively better.
Overall it was more confusing than scary! :roll:

ajaybaskar
27th May 2010, 10:20 PM
Has anybody seen 'Poltergeist'?

Stiglitz
27th May 2010, 10:41 PM
Has anybody seen 'Poltergeist'?

Yeah, not that scary, but it's considered a classic. It's one of those movies u must watch because it's so important IMO. :)

ajaybaskar
27th May 2010, 10:47 PM
ok.. Just became curious after seeing Spielberg's name in the crew.. :-)

Stiglitz
27th May 2010, 10:48 PM
It was very well appreciated for it's time. :)

Raikkonen
27th May 2010, 11:46 PM
Raiks, Nightmare on Elm Street didn't work u?
Original version pArthurukkInggalA?

of kos.

the 1st was an all time classic. 3rd is my favorite (dream warriors). I'm more of a Jason fan, so i've never had a strong affection for freddy movies. :-( ..

but the remake was really poor. not scary, not funny, no Englund, no fun.

Raikkonen
27th May 2010, 11:46 PM
Raiks - I understood that part. But who took that video? If Samara was under the well in Part 1 then who was the killer? Was it Anna Morgan? Samara was adopted? Part II was relatively better.
Overall it was more confusing than scary! :roll:

i have to watch it again. :oops:

Raikkonen
1st June 2010, 03:57 AM
finally..finally received bloody valentine special edition dvd.. :D

holy gory.. so much blood. the movie was so infamous back in the days for MPAA's ridiculous (they had some strange love-hate relationship with paramount. you can see the effect in Friday series) 8 minutes cut.

Even with all the cuts, the original was damn bloody (see, love-hate).

Some of the kills on top of my mind right now.

1) The mining manager gets his torso ripped open completely.. Harry takes his heart in the end :omg:

2). A bartender gets a stiff pick axe shot to his jaw, which pushes his eyeball out.

3). One of the tenants getting his face boiled. I can't even describe it.

4). Nail gun to the side of the head.

5). decapitation scene :shock:

but all in all, it's a great dvd :lol: lot of features, like slasher sub genre. crew interviews etc..

nice timepass

ajaybaskar
4th June 2010, 10:29 PM
Heard that REC 2 has released. Anybody watched it?

bingleguy
4th June 2010, 11:45 PM

adu 2009 la ye release aagalayo????? :roll:

19thmay
5th June 2010, 10:19 PM
REC - I, wow! :notworthy:

Appu s
6th June 2010, 10:30 AM
Theatrical release innum aaklainnu ninaikiren,But there are 29 reviews in rottento :roll:

19thmay
6th June 2010, 07:34 PM
The Others :thumbsup:

rajraj
10th June 2010, 08:46 AM

Have you watched any Dracula movies? :lol:

19thmay
10th June 2010, 10:26 AM

Very few, it was more like a soft porn movie. May be my selection was wrong. :)

rajraj
10th June 2010, 10:50 AM

Very few, it was more like a soft porn movie. May be my selection was wrong. :)

The first Dracula movie was released in 1930/31 with Bela Lugosi in the lead. Watch it if you can get it. The next was in the late 50s (57 or 58). Watch it. There was nothing objectionable in these. :lol: I think there was a musical also!

viraajan
10th June 2010, 05:37 PM

:2thumbsup:

One of my all time favorites. :D

Scary movie which is devoid of any blood shed, gory, creepy characters....

viraajan
10th June 2010, 05:40 PM
Theatrical release innum aaklainnu ninaikiren,But there are 29 reviews in rottento :roll:

Hey that's a news. Release aana udane konjam sollunga pa.... Must watch it....

In fact, this thread was initially created to discuss about REC only :lol: 'REC a real horror flick'. Thus started discussions on Horror movies.

This thread is useful for me as I'm a fan of Horror movies 8-)

Appu s
10th June 2010, 06:48 PM
Vir,REC 2 is available in net.

viraajan
10th June 2010, 06:53 PM
:ty: Appu. :redjump:

ajaybaskar
10th June 2010, 08:41 PM
My Bloody Valentine (2009)

Ok kinda movie.. Would've been better if i had watched it in 3D. The suspense was more or less predictable though..

tamizharasan
10th June 2010, 09:00 PM

For me too. First time a ghost movie was made from the perspective of ghosts rather than from the perspective of human beings. IMO this kind of creativity is missing in Indian cinema. It is mainly because american education system supports creativity and students get to do what they are interested and Indian education system is restricted to engineering and medicine. Hope this will change in the future.

great
10th June 2010, 09:07 PM

Then try to catch up the following:

Polanski`s Rosemary's Baby

Kubrick`s "Shining"

viraajan
10th June 2010, 09:12 PM
Yeah Thamizharasan. I was impressed with that kind of portrayal. :)

Great, I have it my system i think. Yet to watch. Will watch it in few weeks :D :D

Raikkonen
12th June 2010, 08:02 AM
My Bloody Valentine (2009)

Ok kinda movie.. Would've been better if i had watched it in 3D. The suspense was more or less predictable though..

3d was ok. but the movie was infamous for something else :lol:

have you watched the original uncut version??? it was glorious.

ajaybaskar
12th June 2010, 08:23 AM
:lol:

But that famous thingy looked like an inserted one.

U meant the 1981 original or does the new film itself has an uncut version?

Raikkonen
12th June 2010, 08:33 AM
original (1981) had an 8 minute cut by the bloody MPAA. the movie gained notoriety/fame for that reason alone. it was just a direct rip off from friday the 13th.

even the movie captions proved it (bloody valentine.. saturday the14th :lol:).

the uncut version (which was released 2 yrs ago) have excessive blood and gore.. :lol: so beware.

ajaybaskar
12th June 2010, 08:37 AM
Oh.. But i am not a fan of Slasher movies though.. Anyday i would pick a Grudge or a Shutter or 'I Know waht you did..' over MBV and Saw. Hope u get my taste! :-)

19thmay
14th June 2010, 10:25 AM
1408 - Good one. Indha maadhri padam-laam thamizhla varadha?

Appu s
14th June 2010, 10:41 AM
1408 - Good one. Indha maadhri padam-laam thamizhla varadha?
I have read in a blog that the movie "Or Iravu" promoting by Bingle in TF section is the inspiration of 1408. better you watch Or iravu and let us know ;)

19thmay
14th June 2010, 11:50 AM
Just now read the review, 1408 maadhri thaan iruku.
But OI is a viewpoint movie illaya? Like [REC]? :?

Appu s
14th June 2010, 11:57 AM
Just now read the review, 1408 maadhri thaan iruku.
But OI is a viewpoint movie illaya? Like [REC]? :?
1408 paakkala...blog-la oruthar intha movie pathi mention panni iruntharu.. reviews-laam apdithan irukku REC mathri viewpoint...

Raikkonen
15th June 2010, 09:23 PM
child's play..

that was actually wasn't bad at all.. must blame tiffany for all the slack the series have been generating :lol:

bingleguy
15th June 2010, 10:07 PM
Does this thread include Indian Horror Flicks too ???????? :roll:

ajaybaskar
5th July 2010, 06:40 PM
Lake Mungo

A much superior film compared to Paranormal activity and 'The Blair Witch Project'. Watch it to believe. :shaking:

raghavendran
5th July 2010, 07:12 PM
Lake Mungo

A much superior film compared to Paranormal activity and 'The Blair Witch Project'. Watch it to believe. :shaking:enakku horror films pudikkadhu..but adhayum meeri i liked signs..
enakku manoj shyamalannale alergy..but still..star cast ode performce nalla irukkum

Raikkonen
7th July 2010, 11:11 PM
dream warriors.. :thumbsup:

freddy's best.

ajaybaskar
15th July 2010, 12:51 PM
The New Daughter
Starring: Kevin Costner

Scary in parts. Watchable for the climax..

viraajan
25th July 2010, 03:15 PM
Tale of two sisters.

Watched it for 1 Hr 10 mins. adhukku mEla ukkAra porumai illa :fatigue:

Romba pramAdham illa. sumaar ragam. will try to see the remaining 30 mins :think:

ajaybaskar
25th July 2010, 03:23 PM
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - The Beginning

Very ordinary movie. Yet to see the original TCM.

Raikkonen
10th August 2010, 01:39 PM
Carrie (1976).. Very good.

Amazing performances from Carrie, her mom and Ms.Collins.

Inspired several horror movies in the golden era, such as prom night, jason's new beginning and (believe it or not) halloween.

kid-glove
10th August 2010, 01:44 PM
And it's De Palma. I saw Carrie immediately after his other presupposed (psychological?!) horror outings, Raising Cain And The Fury. Definitely the most effective of three.. :clap:

Tarantino owes a Horror film. :D Would be a Post-modern work with multiple quotations and homage!

Raikkonen
13th August 2010, 02:24 PM
:D

Friday the 13th.. woo.. love this day

Dinesh84
13th August 2010, 03:53 PM
:lol: unga side business enna, pei ooturatha?

ajaybaskar
18th August 2010, 11:58 AM
[tscii:c02f56aeb0]Shelter (2009)
Starring: Julianne Moore, Jonathan Rhys Meyers.

Thrilling in parts. ‘Red Dragon’ mixed with ‘End of days’ gives you ‘Shelter’
[/tscii:c02f56aeb0]

avven
19th August 2010, 11:29 AM
Slaughter oru thadava paarkalaam :)

Raikkonen
30th August 2010, 08:53 AM
Dawn of the Dead.

Romero is a genius. Never been a fan of zombie movies (disregarding Jason's final few movies and freddy's original concept). But DOTD was an awesome one. The Gore was used in a very good way.

Raikkonen
12th September 2010, 12:25 PM
Delirium (1987)
Intruder (1989).

awwwwwesome. unbelievable amount of gore. On par with (if not better than) Day of the dead and Maniac.

Raikkonen
17th September 2010, 04:59 AM
Piranha II.

Terrible movie. The 80's horror charm worked (i sat through the whole movie). But the movie was awful. Atleast the first piranha was cheesy, which worked fine as an alternative to mega blockbuster 'jaws' (a movie that make me proud to call myself an 'horror fan' :D).

The plot is ok. People in an island gets attacked by deadly fishes. sounds alright. but what makes it different from jaws or piranha i? simple. flying piranhas.. no i'm not joking. it's true.

make-up was good. but the effects and gore were awful. there's no blood virtually. there's no hot chicks who are often associated with beach \ eco horror movies.. i mean an 80's horror flick with average looking girls??? give it a pass.

P.S - The movie was directed by James Cameron

m_karthik
20th September 2010, 02:22 AM
P.S - The movie was directed by James Cameron

James Cameron sandaikku vara oru vishayathula idhuvum undu... :lol:

'the best flying piranha film ever made'

Raikkonen
21st September 2010, 05:40 AM
Happy Birthday To ME

that.was.awesome.

very good psychological slasher. the 'twist' doesn't hold up, but the movie was really good. some wicked kills.. come on.. shish kebab. that's all you need to know. not a lot of blood (as i was expecting), but it had some really creepy moments. the climax 'happy brithday to me' song still gives me hibbly jibblies.

really good performances from Melissa Sue Anderson, her father and her mother. It's a bit sad that good performances in horror movies (especially slashers \ kill for kill \ bloodbath) often go un-noticed.

biggest minus point is the length.. way too long.

i'd give ***1/4 (over 5).

ajaybaskar
21st September 2010, 01:13 PM
The Descent 1 & 2

Missed watching it in big screen. Still enjoyed.

m_karthik
22nd September 2010, 01:36 AM
Cabin Fever

Directed by Eli Roth of Hostel

groucho070
23rd September 2010, 01:20 PM
Piranha II.

Terrible movie. The 80's horror charm worked (i sat through the whole movie). But the movie was awful. Atleast the first piranha was cheesy, which worked fine as an alternative to mega blockbuster 'jaws' (a movie that make me proud to call myself an 'horror fan' :D).

The plot is ok. People in an island gets attacked by deadly fishes. sounds alright. but what makes it different from jaws or piranha i? simple. flying piranhas.. no i'm not joking. it's true.

make-up was good. but the effects and gore were awful. there's no blood virtually. there's no hot chicks who are often associated with beach \ eco horror movies.. i mean an 80's horror flick with average looking girls??? give it a pass.

P.S - The movie was directed by James CameronDisagree with hot chicks part. There were quite a few, though not sure about the usual quota :P And I mistook Tricia O'Neill for Adrienne Barbeau...nevertheless both are :slurp:

Raikkonen
27th September 2010, 08:09 AM
:cool2:

i think i compared it to the new piranha.. :lol:

kelly brook just blows everyone out of water (no pun intended) in the piranha series. :slurp:

Raikkonen
27th September 2010, 08:15 AM
couple of movies on friday. as usual

final exam - not good. lame slasher flick. lack of blood notwithstanding. terrible ending.

orphan - really good. i'm a fan of horror movies which has kids on main protoganist/antoganist. Final chapter, Omen, Exorcist(??), Good son, Bloody Birthday etc. the twist shocked the hell out of me.

Raikkonen
3rd October 2010, 11:03 AM
American Psycho II - Mila Kunis is hot. Nothing else.
Halloween II (1981) - Like they say, Michael lost his presence after the first movie. You don't do justification to something which is so good
Jaws the Revenge - No comments.

ajaybaskar
8th October 2010, 11:06 AM
Poltergeist

Nice to see how the elements in horror movies have changed with time. :-)

Raikkonen
14th October 2010, 03:28 PM
April Fools Day (2008)

That was shockingly good. i never thought i'd enjoy a remake of an 80's slasher. different plot compared to the original (so i had no idea whey they were calling it a remake) with some nice twists and ladies.

Of course not as awesome as the original.

Raikkonen
20th October 2010, 10:31 PM
silent night deadly night.

that was really good. innovative and imaginative concept. bad santa?? yes i'm in. the child actors during the start were awesome. up there with the omen kid(s) and corey "tommy jarvis" feldman.

Raikkonen
24th October 2010, 07:27 PM
Orphan - amazing. probably my favorite horror movie in last 5 years. the kid(isabelle fuhrman) has an amazing feature. she pulled off an awesome performance in such a complicated role. and the ending.. :cool2: i love twist endings and this takes the cake. epdiyellam dhinking panrangayya. ****1/2

Exorcist - Need i say more? Still amazing. im not a fan demonic possession/ biblical horror genre. but this one is just supremely Elegant, sophisticated, slow-burning, and utterly, utterly horrifying. this one of three movies that make you proud calling yourself a horror fan (along with jaws and halloween). is this the best horror movie ever? yes. is this m favorite horror movie ever? probably. first 20 minutes were little boring though. so that docks 1/4* from full stars.

Exorcist II and House on haunted hill were lethargic and didn't do any justice for the original. at least HOHH had the shapely Famke Janssen, EII doesn't have any redeeming values.

Raikkonen
29th October 2010, 03:11 PM
this sunday.. :happydance:

do i even have to say anything??

michael myers loves the day.

m_karthik
31st October 2010, 06:07 AM
Unrest(2006) - An indie horror film about Medical Students in a mortuary.. Plots seems to be a good one.. but execution was not that good.. Some jump-on scenes too..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unrest_(film)

Querida
31st October 2010, 06:17 AM
The Amityville Horror (1979)

The one that started it all...
Got the phone gimmick down before Scream was even thought of
James Brolin :thumbsup:...also of course the thrill of knowing it is based on fact in parts as well if not the haunting then the murders that were supposed to have brought on the hauntings.

groucho070
6th December 2010, 09:44 AM
Creepshow (1982)

Raiks, partacha?

I caught the last two segment. Simply superb. Been long time since I enjoyed horror flicks, and this one satisfied me. Just that two segment. The last one was well made, with sh!tloads of cockroaches. The effects are stunning, especially the part where they creep out of the human body! :shock:

kid-glove
6th December 2010, 09:44 AM
Where is Raiks? :thinking:

groucho070
6th December 2010, 10:34 AM
Wise old man, with a staff, looking at the sky (possibly James Earl Jones): He will come. This is his home. He will come and save us all.....

Raikkonen
10th December 2010, 09:55 AM
i'm very busy.. :lol: have joined a new company.. and im not looking after proxy servers as i used to.. :lol:, so limited access (even from wi-fi).

ya. creepshow. it was ok. very comical and straight-up tongue in cheek approach to over the top horror tales of 50's / 60's.

like said previously in this thread, George Romero is a genius. His best work was in the zombie genre and night of the living dead is the greatest movie of that genre.

haven't seen creepshow for a long time. i remember liking the freak leslie nielson (rip) / aqua zombie tale :lol: .

cinemax is showing the movie this month. no problem. hope to catch it soon. 8-)

Raikkonen
17th January 2011, 09:53 AM
My Bloody Valentine 3D

(+)
- it's a remake of a classic 80's slasher
- different plot to the original
- good ending
- Betsy Rue in 3D :noteeth:
- Megan Boone

(-)
- Lack of Blood / Gore
- very unimaginative kills. (watch the uncensored original of 1981 and you'll know why)

Raikkonen
19th April 2011, 06:15 AM
found it.

Amityville Horror (1979) - Very good. Margot Kidder is an excellent actress. She was there in my favorite movie of all time, so this gets a free vote. It's easy to dismiss this as another Exorcist ripoff, but this had it's moments. Like the auto-shutting window scene and the exploding underground scenes. I often hear about superior sequels, but this one is no slouch either.

P.S. - Aanathapurathu Veedu was definitely ripped off from Amityville Horror. I remember some bloggers were praising a.v. as the first if it's kind (good spirit / helpful demons etc).. it's not true. I have seen many movies handling with good spirits. Carrie is a good example of that.

Raikkonen
26th April 2011, 03:09 AM
Exorcist - The version you have never seen (i have already seen it like 7 times :lol:)

do i really need to say anything? THIS defined horror movies for years to come. The fact that it came 38 years ago and still manages to give us hibbly jibblies is astonishing. It had some excellent performances and as usual the oscars bitched out because it belongs to horror genre.

Some memorable biblical reference throughout. (like i still use the power of Christ compels you!! line frequently). Father Damian Karras was probably the most vital character in the entire series (about 3 of them and part ii is an ultimate dud). Ya i know the kid possessed by the pazuzu (demon) and the mommy character were the core characters, but without Karras, we wouldn't have had Exorcist. Father performs Exorcism = thus Exorcist, got it?. And the man sacrificed himself for the goodwill of human beings. and he did it TWICE (another in part III, more on that later). The actor played the Father Karras was role very very good. You don't have to act like retard or strain your body to get noticed as great actor. This one is a prime example. He did his job excellently. In first half, as a poor psychiatrist cum hapless priest who can't even help his ailing mother, in the middle as a catholic who's losing confidence in christianity and bible, and on the last as the desperate christian to save a kid from a dangerous demon. I can go on, because i LOVED that performance. Oscars.. you suck for ignoring that man.

And whoever comes with the title exorcist deserves an award for sure. The name itself was creepy and enough to get noticed by general audience. Talking about audience, this movie did set all time record at the Box Office until Jaws broke it. And this was before the summer blockbuster term was coined or nationwide releases were under practice. Simply incredible. I can happily present myself as a horror fan when revisit movies like this. It makes me proud. Other movies in similar list would be Jaws (and yes, it is a horror movie) and Halloween. Simply excellent and i can never get bored of watching this.

Final Rating - You know i'm not going to give any movie a full monty because no movie is perfect.. Ah screw that and give it a 5 star, 10/10 or whatever full rating they have. You cannot top Exorcist.

Btw, i love Cinemax.

Raikkonen
16th May 2011, 11:02 AM
had fun with back to back friday movies on the big weekend (cue lame it's friday the 13th reference). for some reasons hbo and cinemax finally decided to show non new blood and jason takes Manhattan entries in tv. it's not like i've never seen others, but it's still nice seeing them on tv and recommend it to your friends to watch it.. (like hey mate, they're going to show an awesome movie this midnight.. it's the new beginning... of course i've never come across anyone within my friends circle who actually have any idea wth i'm talking about :lol:).

skipped part 1.. because it's generally boring and jason only makes a cameo in the end and most of the kills occur off screen. definitive reason to avoid the movie. you can give it a go if you're fan of Betsy Palmer and Tom Savini's excellent FX works.

Part 2 is my favorite in this series. Mainly because that's the closest to reality. Jason just a normal man with psychotic tendencies. i don't agree that the movie is complete rip off from mario bava's classic twitch of death nerve. sure they replicated two kills but the entire movie is about jason's emergence as the main character in the series.

part 3 wasn't very good as the 2nd one, but it has it's moment. the 3d effects were ok. but the movie needed more Savini (he left the series because he didn't like the idea of making jason as the main character.). movie is memorable for bringing the real jason that we know and love (?). hockey mask, gory kills, teens having hmmm.. yes that one and of course him getting killed by a cleverer opponent.

part 4 - final chapter - is the best entry in the series. they went all out to make this appeal as the last entry in the series. except the fact that we had 8 more sequels after this. but still, we get a damn good movie, as a entry in the series or a standalone horror movie. exceptional kills, creepy environment, establishment of characters (something that slasher always lacked or love to ignore). tommy jarvis (the excellent corey feldman) finally makes an appearance here. i'm not sure if the character was intended to be jason's chief nemesis, but we had some sequels pitching jason and tommy. tom savini did a splendid job.

part 5 - new beginning - is awful. repeated viewings have dramatically reduced my hatred on this, but still it's a lame entry to the series with 3 minutes cameo from feldman and jason. fake killer is alright if you have any backstory connecting to it, but they dropped the ball here. the actor who played tommy did a splendid job. he's the best main protagonist in the entire series. right mix of emotions and actions from him. tommy's here just basically dumb and utterly 24 words in the entire movie (imagine that). the inclusion of a small kid (reggie) and his caretaker (pam), presumably to recreate the tommy and trish magic from the previous movie was utterly nonsensical and truly ruined the movie.

ratings

part 1 - **
part 2 - ****1/2
part 3 - ***
part 4 - ****3/4 (perfect entry.. docking 1/4* for not showing mrs. jarvis' death. well the alternative ending had her death.. but i'm not buying it)
part 5 - 1/2* (laaaaaaame... the guy who played tommy saved this from DUD).

Raikkonen
6th June 2011, 06:57 PM
in celebration of the beast day 06/06 (there should be another 6, screw that and imagine i'm posting this at 6), i present you one of the greatest themes of all time. Ave Satani from Omen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OkFLdPaoZQ

Raikkonen
26th June 2011, 03:57 PM
Drag me to Hell - Mostly mokkai although it had some splendid performances from the lead actors. Sam is more capable than this.

ajaybaskar
27th June 2011, 12:03 PM
A Nightmare in Elm's Street (2010)

Avoidable..

Bala (Karthik)
28th June 2011, 10:16 PM
in celebration of the beast day 06/06 (there should be another 6, screw that and imagine i'm posting this at 6), i present you one of the greatest themes of all time. Ave Satani from Omen.

:thumbsup: ...........

ajithfederer
28th June 2011, 10:31 PM
Padathula kekkavum paakavum naasthiaa irukkum. After seeing this film i so disliked rosemary's baby, aalai vudungada saami.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OkFLdPaoZQ

Raikkonen
7th July 2011, 02:39 AM
nightmare on elm street ; dream master

i never understood the appeal of freddy tbf. maybe because i'm biased as i've always been a jason guy. well the 1st one and 3rd one were great. the 2nd one had an out of boundary theme and the rest of them were .... joke. serious. Freddy just floats there, kills people and busts out his one liners. i think they just made the series since it's a cash cow and Freddy was a cultural icon in states back in late 80's... after all, new line cinema was a house that Freddy built.

anyway the movie just terrible. slow, plodding and never interested me.. they had some wild imaginary scenes like cockroach kills, Englund in nurse costume.. come on. i know he's supposed to be a joke, but don't tell me when to laugh. for some reasons the critics have always loved the nightmare series. i don't think any of the friday series were rated 50%+ in RT (Jason Lives, my least favorite in the series is the highest rated.. :facepalm:). Atleast Jason was intimidating and you want the protagonists to kill him.. which is well, the main aim of any horror movies.

ajaybaskar
7th July 2011, 11:14 AM
Half Light

No wonder the film was released straight in DVD. More suitable to watch in the idiot box than in the big screen.

Raikkonen
17th July 2011, 10:50 AM
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare

Basically a giant joke. Freddy's a joke seriously. Atleast Dream Child attempted to inject some seriousness with more gothic theme, but this one is just zzzz... You know horror movies supposed to be scary right? Movies were made to cash in on the Freddymania that was running wild on US at that time. I mean he had tv shows, merchandises, guest star on talk shows, mtv appearances.. I think they were really afraid that a sick and twisted Freddy (part 1 -3) would ruin the popularity he had with the younger audience.

Story is nothing new. New Line Cinema sucks. The first thing they did to Jason when they bought over the series from paramount was to give him an extra backstory.. what a load of BS. Are you telling me that Pamela voorhees and Tommy Jarvis are not enough to make Jason credible?. I'm referencing Friday series because that's what NLC did to Freddy here. They added a backstory (which is fine if they didn't ignore the excellent backbones like part 1 and 3) for Freddy and it was awful from the word go. I'm bitter because part 3 was really really really good and one of the best movies of all time (yeah, i went there). Dream Master put the series to coma and Final Nightmare shot the dying patient (no pun intended). And Freddy's last hurrah goes with a whimper. He has 3 kills.. one of them on a 16 bit videogame (i'm not kidding). And the climax.. come on now, was the movie rated pg-13? is that the way to kill one of the franchise horror characters of all time. Johnny Depp makes his return to the series.. albeit in a 10 seconds cameo, but it's still nice to him in the series that made him (like Jamie Lea in Halloween H20 and Savini in Final Chapter)..

Thankfully Wes Craven would re-invent the series in New Nightmare. While far cry from his original adventure, it's still eons better than all the sequels except part 3.

ajaybaskar
3rd July 2012, 06:17 PM
When a stranger calls

The police officer's call back to Jill to reveal the caller's location should find a place in the top 10 spine chilling moments in the history of films.

ecureuhapis
4th August 2013, 03:42 PM
texas chainsaw massacre 74 - never a fan but always admired the dark atmosphere it had. the violence was rather tame even by today's PG standards. why it was even opposed those days. the 'family' was even creepier than leatherface which is something. speaking about leatherface he looks best in the movie with him showing occasional weakness and frustration (i always love when they show the monsteres as humanly as possible - think potato sack Jason in part 2). he would eventually become the lead character in the series, following the slasher theme those days with Myers and Jason and immediately worn out his welcome by part 2. Unlike other (even by Hellraiser standards), leatherface didn't do anything memorable until the cross dressing in Next Generation. Talk about horror's all time embarrassment.

PARAMASHIVAN
13th August 2013, 07:55 PM
Has any one seen this ? :shaking:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=K0LLaybEuzA

ecureuhapis
25th August 2013, 12:08 AM
i have seen this.

really silly concept (legalized violence for 1 day of the year. i didn't know Americans were saint for 364 days) bad acting, jump scares, masked cult leader with followers, which is lifted from the strangers.

more thriller than horror. it has some horror elements . Survival (watch last man on earth - 64 instead . or even i am legend - both are same movies anyway). Home Invasion (watch Black Christmas instead. or even Home Alone atleast it's interesting). Stranger in the family (Stepfather).

they had the idea, even if it's stupid. how you even ruin such premise. ended up with 10+ characters when the movie was crying out loud for violent crimes (it's rather quiet for one night when crimes are allowed).

recommended to avoid.

PARAMASHIVAN
30th August 2013, 03:47 PM
i have seen this.

really silly concept (legalized violence for 1 day of the year. i didn't know Americans were saint for 364 days) bad acting, jump scares, masked cult leader with followers, which is lifted from the strangers.

more thriller than horror. it has some horror elements . Survival (watch last man on earth - 64 instead . or even i am legend - both are same movies anyway). Home Invasion (watch Black Christmas instead. or even Home Alone atleast it's interesting). Stranger in the family (Stepfather).

they had the idea, even if it's stupid. how you even ruin such premise. ended up with 10+ characters when the movie was crying out loud for violent crimes (it's rather quiet for one night when crimes are allowed).

recommended to avoid.

Thanks for your advice :)

PARAMASHIVAN
30th August 2013, 03:52 PM
Any one seen this, this is "supposed" to be one of the scariest movie ever made!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Vjk2So3KvSQ

ajaybaskar
11th December 2013, 02:19 PM
4Bia (Thai)

Instead of making a single film which runs for 90 minutes, 4 short films have been put together into one. Hence the stories are crisp and keeps us engaged throughout. Good attempt.

inazerowmo
19th December 2013, 09:33 AM
Any one seen this, this is "supposed" to be one of the scariest movie ever made!
It was not scary, bro!

inazerowmo
19th December 2013, 12:18 PM
Anyone watched Candyman & It?

19thmay
20th December 2013, 09:20 AM
It was not scary, bro!

+1000

ecureuhapis
24th December 2013, 06:32 PM
Anyone watched Candyman & It?

yes. both were pretty good.

It especially used to give me creeps when i was younger with the very scary looking clown. Sewer scene is still one of the scariest. stupid ending though.

merry christmas everyone. gives me an excuse to post this gem. this is finest slasher of all time and started the trend of holiday based horror movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoonZa3D4xc