View Full Version : VA Digs

baba88
13th November 2008, 04:56 PM
so after Slrvaraghavan and YSR, Goutham parts way with HJ

dinesh2002
13th November 2008, 06:23 PM
[tscii:13a9d002bf]End of an era - Harris and Goutham to work together no more
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, November 13, 2008]

Acclaimed director Goutham Menon and music composer Harris Jayaraj made their debut in 'Minnale' which starred Madhavan and Reema Sen. They went on to render hits in 'Khaakka Khaakha', 'Pachaikili Muthucharam', 'Vettaiyadu Vilayadu' and the to-be released 'Varanam Aayiram'.

Now the duo has split. Without divulging any reasons for their break up, Harris Jayaraj said, 'we are forced to take the decision. There is no ill-feeling between us. I wish him all the best in all his future endeavors'.

It may be noted that AR Rahman is composing music for Goutham Menon's next film 'Chennaiyul Oru Mazhaikalam'.

Recently, another duo Selvaraghavan and music composer Yuvan Shankar Raja, who had worked together in many films together, parted ways.

Meanwhile Harris Jayaraj has sent out a letter to the media confirming the break-up.

Here's the transcript of Harris Jayaraj's letter to the media….

Praise The Lord

Dear Sirs,

Myself and Gowtham Menon debuted together in 2001. Right from Minnalae, Khaaka Khaaka, Vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu, patchaikili muthucharam and now Vaaranam Aayiram has been well received and appreciated by the mass and media.

Apart from good films these films helped to explore my versatility and showcased my talent to the world and kept me where I am today. By the grace of god we have given some of the best musical blockbusters and never thought our combination would create such magic when we started our career and it still surprises us even after 8 years.... apart from others, his movies have played a vital role so far.

I have a very good respect for Mr. Gowtham menon and in return he has reciprocated the same. But now, things have gone sour that it's better for us to part ways as good friends leaving behind some beautiful memories. With a heavy heart I have to take this decision on behalf of us. I know this might disappoint my fans, music lovers and well wishers in the industry. But, it's best for us to leave it at this, since I always believed that to create soul stirring music, the bond between a Music composer and the director is vital.

Once it's lost, it is difficult to get back. So I take this opportunity to thank Gowtham Menon, our team, media and my fans who made the music of ‘Vaaranam Aayiram a memorable album in the history of Tamil film music and I wish him all the best.

Best Regards,
Harris Jayaraj

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/42982.html[/tscii:13a9d002bf]

dinesh2002
13th November 2008, 06:24 PM
this is seriously saddening...... seriously.... come on... hope it doesnt last long..... hope to see them join together back....

MrJudge
13th November 2008, 06:29 PM
:shock: ennapA ithu, another successful combo goes in different direction!

dinesh2002
13th November 2008, 06:34 PM
Harris Jayaraj splits with Gautham!
By Moviebuzz | Thursday, 13 November , 2008, 16:55

In a shocking development, noted music composer Harris Jayaraj has announced his split with director Gautham Vasudev Menon!

Harris, through his PRO Nikhil Murugan has issued a statement saying that he is parting ways with Gautham.

Gautham and Harris debuted together in the 2001 romantic musical Minnale, which had outstanding music score. The pair established themselves as one of the most popular director-music director combination with foot tapping music in films like- Khakka Khakka, Vettayadu Vilayadu, Pachaikili Muthucharam and their latest Vaaranam Aayiram.

Now, Harris in his statement issued to the press says-" I have a very good respect for Mr. Gowtham Menon and in return he has reciprocated the same. But now, things have gone sour that it's better for us to part ways as good friends leaving behind some beautiful memories with a heavy heart. I have to take this decision on behalf of us. I know this might disappoint my fans, music lovers and well wishers in the industry. It's best for us to leave it at this, since I always believed that to create soul stirring music, the bond between a Music composer and the director is vital. Once it's lost, it is difficult to get back".

It could not have come at a worst time, on the day before the release of Vaaranam Aayiram! Harris told sify.com: " What will one do, if a marriage goes bad? You have to split! Anyway I wish him all the best." Harris said that he will not be attending today's (Nov 13) red carpet premiere of the film, as he has a recording!

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14797568

enna la ithe, yetho periya Kadhalargal mathiri pesurare... :lol:

MADDY
13th November 2008, 06:48 PM
very sad........sad like selva-u1 split.......partnership needs great understanding if not atleast professionalism so that u dont take things personally.........

GM now should go to someone young and talented like DHaran or Vijay Antony :)

Tamilan
13th November 2008, 06:51 PM
Stunt? to boost VA?

MrJudge
13th November 2008, 07:12 PM

yEn ennachchu? unga ALa vittuta? :D

MrJudge
13th November 2008, 07:12 PM
Stunt? to boost VA?

Looks like real, not for publicity.

MrJudge
13th November 2008, 07:15 PM
kollywood-la ithu enna divorce season-A? orE sogak kathaiyA irukku... what next? Srikanth Deva parts way with Perarasu?? I can't take it anymore if this happens...

selvakumar
13th November 2008, 07:28 PM
kollywood-la ithu enna divorce season-A? orE sogak kathaiyA irukku... what next? Srikanth Deva parts way with Perarasu?? I can't take it anymore if this happens...
:lol:

viraajan
13th November 2008, 07:30 PM

I pray to god that this should not happen :(

Wonderful pair. Great Chemistry. :lol:

A.ANAND
13th November 2008, 07:38 PM

yen perarasu MD'ya nee poyiden!ulagathile illatha athisayamana hubber intha mrjudge!arr pera kuda ivaru tappi tavari elutha mattaram![antha alavukku ivaru arr-rai hate pannararam]
nalla nalla vayila varuthu! :evil:

Mahen
13th November 2008, 07:38 PM
very sad........sad like selva-u1 split.......partnership needs great understanding if not atleast professionalism so that u dont take things personally.........

:shock: I think gautham will stick to ARR..And the media will be spreading news that ARR was the cause for GM-harris split..

Mahen
13th November 2008, 07:42 PM
But what harris did was a big time sabotage to GM..He could have announced the split 2-3 weeks later...Enna nala manasu harrisku :)

viraajan
13th November 2008, 07:44 PM
:shock: I think gautham will stick to ARR..

:exactly:

Yathu
13th November 2008, 07:45 PM
Wait why would HJ send a letter to all these media sites to announce that him and GM have split up? I don't get it....

If they don't do movies together, we know they've split. Why turn it into a big divorce drama?

Maybe GM confronted him about his inspirations/ tune lifting? :oops2:

Mahen
13th November 2008, 07:47 PM
Wait why would HJ send a letter to all these media sites to announce that him and GM have split up? I don't get it....

If they don't do movies together, we know they've split. Why turn it into a big divorce drama?

Big time sabotage...Athuvum perfect time (one day before the release of VA)

viraajan
13th November 2008, 07:49 PM

Simple, yaaru firstu announce pandrangalo, avangala than makkal nambuvanga. So now, by default ppl wud think that there is no wrong in HJ's side and GM should be the reason for this split :)

Police-la FIR padhivu pandra madiri :lol:

Yathu
13th November 2008, 07:52 PM
Ow yeah, just before the release of VA!

But this could be positive promotion for the film too, gets more people talking about it!

If HJ really did send this letter, then thats quite shallow of him. :|

A.ANAND
13th November 2008, 07:54 PM
tappu senjavan nallavan mathiri nadikarathu illaya,antha mathirithan ithuvum!

A.ANAND
13th November 2008, 08:08 PM

james vasanthan!

viraajan
13th November 2008, 08:10 PM

james vasanthan!

D.Imman :lol:

A.ANAND
13th November 2008, 08:35 PM
Vaaranam Aayiram a memorable album in the history of Tamil film music and I wish him all the best.--------harris

:roll: :huh:

selvakumar
13th November 2008, 08:42 PM
I don't think A R Rahmaan will work with Gautham, even if the later wants to. Remember rahmaan's words with Gautham before accepting CMOK.

GM > intha jackpot GVP kku pogumnnu naan nenaikiraen. :wink: Just a guess though :)

Mahen
13th November 2008, 09:19 PM
I don't think A R Rahmaan will work with Gautham, even if the later wants to. Remember rahmaan's words with Gautham before accepting CMOK.

GM > intha jackpot GVP kku pogumnnu naan nenaikiraen. :wink: Just a guess though :)

I too feel the same...'Divorced' directors normally find solace in GVP :lol:

Nerd
13th November 2008, 09:28 PM
Why did Harris actually *announce* it? Seriously, they both were not married legally or something... :?

dinesh2002
13th November 2008, 09:48 PM
Why did Harris actually *announce* it? Seriously, they both were not married legally or something... :?

thats y i asked... the way he declared like as if they r strong lovers/ married couples... :?....

MADDY
13th November 2008, 09:49 PM

:rotfl:

'Divorced' directors normally find solace in GVP

ayyo bhagavanee :lol:

app_engine
13th November 2008, 10:27 PM
Any kAraNams known for the split?

In any case, it would be interesting to see if GM works with IR for a movie :wink:

villan007
13th November 2008, 10:30 PM

MrIndia
14th November 2008, 07:58 AM
[tscii:38cbca544a]Ithuvam oru Karanamnu ninaikuren............

12th November 2008

Gowtam – Mahesh film details
Gowtam Menon is going to direct Mahesh Babu soon. Speaking to idlebrain.com, Gowtam Menon said, “My next straight film in Telugu is with Mahesh Babu as hero. Manjula produces the film on Indira Productions banner. AR Rehman will compose music for the first time to a film of mine. It is a yuppie and trendy love story. I gave the bound script to Manjula. They are getting the dialogue version ready in Telugu.”

so ARR is GM favorite right now

:clap: :thumbsup: choice [/tscii:38cbca544a]

this is the script which vijay refused :banghead: :banghead:

A.ANAND
14th November 2008, 08:57 AM

In any case, it would be interesting to see if GM works with IR for a movie :wink:
:roll:pizza-vukkum sambar sathathukkum ottu varathu!

arsaregama
14th November 2008, 09:04 AM
amazing comparison :)

i guess pachaikili muthu charam being the main reason...coz in the vaaranam aayiram release function .gautham mentioned that when he wanted to do Pkmc harris strongly objected him doing that..but gautham still made the movie...and the movie bombed... so he was like i didnt take my best friends advice..

selvakumar
14th November 2008, 10:25 AM

Mahen, meaning ellam therinjuthaan intha maari adikkuraraannu therla :lol: :oops: :roll: :P

dinesh2002
14th November 2008, 11:04 AM
[tscii:ff1cf134ec]Ithuvam oru Karanamnu ninaikuren............

12th November 2008

Gowtam – Mahesh film details
Gowtam Menon is going to direct Mahesh Babu soon. Speaking to idlebrain.com, Gowtam Menon said, “My next straight film in Telugu is with Mahesh Babu as hero. Manjula produces the film on Indira Productions banner. AR Rehman will compose music for the first time to a film of mine. It is a yuppie and trendy love story. I gave the bound script to Manjula. They are getting the dialogue version ready in Telugu.”

so ARR is GM favorite right now

:clap: :thumbsup: choice [/tscii:ff1cf134ec]

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Is this a good thing or bad?? I feel so bad for Harris....

becoz he just lost Dir Jeeva and now he aint in Gautham's films... both dirs are the 1 that made Harris Jeyaraj what he is today....

guess Gautham really liked the way ARR worked, and ofcource his music, and he told this to Harris, and harris wasnt pleased with this, thus he decided this???

selvakumar
14th November 2008, 11:32 AM
guess Gautham really liked the way ARR worked, and ofcource his music, and he told this to Harris, and harris wasnt pleased with this, thus he decided this???

:lol:

Mahen
14th November 2008, 11:50 AM

Mahen, meaning ellam therinjuthaan intha maari adikkuraraannu therla :lol: :oops: :roll: :P

:lol: Theriyum selva...But naa antha meaningle sollaley.. :lol2:

MrJudge
14th November 2008, 12:01 PM

I don't think so. HJ worked with him after Gautham went to the other camp.

Hulkster
14th November 2008, 12:04 PM

:roll:pizza-vukkum sambar sathathukkum ottu varathu!

IR can make music for any sort of film...he just does not like compositions with just ear blasting music and no orchestration at all(eg. srikanth deva) One who scored for elamai itho itho can score for youth movies like that :D

MrJudge
14th November 2008, 12:11 PM
Hulkster,

I disagree with you. I don't think IR can prepare pizzas, because he is good only in south indian dishes. Nothing wrong in it, because nowadays we can get original authentic italian pizzas, so IR no need to get into that category. Let the youngsters prepare indianised sumar pizzzas while IR doing the sambar sathams for our people. Because sambar satham will stay here forever.

ajaybaskar
14th November 2008, 12:28 PM
Harris Jayaraj splits with Gautham!
By Moviebuzz | Thursday, 13 November , 2008, 16:55

In a shocking development, noted music composer Harris Jayaraj has announced his split with director Gautham Vasudev Menon!

Harris, through his PRO Nikhil Murugan has issued a statement saying that he is parting ways with Gautham.

Gautham and Harris debuted together in the 2001 romantic musical Minnale, which had outstanding music score. The pair established themselves as one of the most popular director-music director combination with foot tapping music in films like- Khakka Khakka, Vettayadu Vilayadu, Pachaikili Muthucharam and their latest Vaaranam Aayiram.

Now, Harris in his statement issued to the press says-" I have a very good respect for Mr. Gowtham Menon and in return he has reciprocated the same. But now, things have gone sour that it's better for us to part ways as good friends leaving behind some beautiful memories with a heavy heart. I have to take this decision on behalf of us. I know this might disappoint my fans, music lovers and well wishers in the industry. It's best for us to leave it at this, since I always believed that to create soul stirring music, the bond between a Music composer and the director is vital. Once it's lost, it is difficult to get back".

It could not have come at a worst time, on the day before the release of Vaaranam Aayiram! Harris told sify.com: " What will one do, if a marriage goes bad? You have to split! Anyway I wish him all the best." Harris said that he will not be attending today's (Nov 13) red carpet premiere of the film, as he has a recording!

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14797568

enna la ithe, yetho periya Kadhalargal mathiri pesurare... :lol:

GM was good enough to extract the best out of HJ..More than what Shankar could. Hope they re unite just like wat ARR-Shankar combo did.

Hulkster
14th November 2008, 04:19 PM
Hulkster,

I disagree with you. I don't think IR can prepare pizzas, because he is good only in south indian dishes. Nothing wrong in it, because nowadays we can get original authentic italian pizzas, so IR no need to get into that category. Let the youngsters prepare indianised sumar pizzzas while IR doing the sambar sathams for our people. Because sambar satham will stay here forever.

He can...just that the type of pizza you mention is what you think only works with today public. He can reinvent pizza to suit both our needs and the commoner needs just like he did with WCM. thambi..isaignani nu summava sonaanga :lol2:

viraajan
14th November 2008, 04:26 PM
Music directors a aniyayathukku Samayal kaarangala aakitteengale :huh:

MrJudge
14th November 2008, 04:51 PM
//dig

He can...just that the type of pizza you mention is what you think only works with today public. He can reinvent pizza to suit both our needs and the commoner needs just like he did with WCM. thambi..isaignani nu summava sonaanga :lol2:

I don't think so. My wish is IR prepares the ingredients and hands over to Yuvan. Let Yuvan make pizza with those ingredients and it will rock! I want to see atleast one album with IR-Yuvan together working.

A.ANAND
14th November 2008, 05:35 PM
-deleted with warning-

dinesh2002
14th November 2008, 06:11 PM
guys guys... come on.... enough with this... lets just stick with the topic please!

baba88
14th November 2008, 08:31 PM
It's a know fact that GM is a great fan of ARR. He wanted to work with ARR from his first film (Minnale). So the work with HJ happened just accidently. HJ was already a bit furious at GM for choosing ARR in COM (interview by GM), so it was just a matter of time this split happens. And in my opinion GM will stick up to ARR. The only question is if ARR will have the time to work with a very fast director like GM.

By the way I think after Ayarithil Oruvan and the quickie Idhu Maalai Nerathu Mayakkam, Selvaraghavan will definetley start working with ARR.
GVP is just the temporary solution.

vasanth2006
14th November 2008, 09:00 PM
It's a know fact that GM is a great fan of ARR. He wanted to work with ARR from his first film (Minnale). So the work with HJ happened just accidently. HJ was already a bit furious at GM for choosing ARR in COM (interview by GM), so it was just a matter of time this split happens. And in my opinion GM will stick up to ARR. The only question is if ARR will have the time to work with a very fast director like GM.

By the way I think after Ayarithil Oruvan and the quickie Idhu Maalai Nerathu Mayakkam, Selvaraghavan will definetley start working with ARR.

Completely wrong info.....He is a hardcore Maestro Ilaiyaraja Fan....I have read/heared this in some of his interviews....

Here you go.....

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/fr/2007/02/09/stories/2007020900600100.htm

Harris Jeyaraj's score has been a selling point of Gautham Menon's films so far. "Even his wife tells me we jell well and it shows in the songs. Another thing, I've always approved the first tune Harris gives me. Sometimes he would want to change, but I'd resist." Yet Menon is a hardcore Ilaiyaraja fan. Then why hasn't he approached him? "I'm scared," he says simply. "Also Harris and I are on the same wavelength. I'll think of a change only when he is not free."

viraajan
14th November 2008, 09:02 PM
Completely wrong info.....He is a hardcore Maestro Ilaiyaraja Fan....I have read/heared this in some of his interviews....

Here you go.....

Harris Jeyaraj's score has been a selling point of Gautham Menon's films so far. "Even his wife tells me we jell well and it shows in the songs. Another thing, I've always approved the first tune Harris gives me. Sometimes he would want to change, but I'd resist." Yet Menon is a hardcore Ilaiyaraja fan. Then why hasn't he approached him? "I'm scared," he says simply. "Also Harris and I are on the same wavelength. I'll think of a change only when he is not free."

Why is he scared? :huh: Not at all plausible :huh:

baba88
15th November 2008, 12:02 AM

Here you go.....

Who said that GM can't be also a fan of Ilayaraja ??? I just said that he is a great fan of ARR and that initalliy he wanted to have ARR for Minnale.

http://www.desihits.com/radio/show/southside-show-50-gautam-menon-interview/1

kham
15th November 2008, 07:55 AM

Here you go.....

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/fr/2007/02/09/stories/20070
20900600100.htm

COMPLETE WRONG INFO DUDE....

http://www.desihits.com/radio/show/southside-show-50-gautam-
menon-interview

Here u go, Gowtham states in his inteview how he wanted ARR badly in his movie...

He openly puts out his desire how badly he wanted to work with ARR...

viraajan
15th November 2008, 09:40 AM
An interesting coincidence:

Harris released Minnale audio on Nov 13th.

After 8 year, he has announced the decision to part ways with GM on Nov 13th. :|

MrJudge
15th November 2008, 10:52 AM
[tscii:116e2d86f3]“Generally, for a project, we would discuss everything right from the production company to the script to the star cast. The whole team would sit and deliberate. However, this is not happening now. It disturbed me when I heard of certain decisions from others and not from Gautham Menon. He has taken certain decisions without my knowledge. Obviously, the bond between us has weakened.”

:lol: Sounds like HJ is very possessive about his projects, light boy mAththunA kooda avar kitta permission vAnganun pOla. One of our hubbers pointed out that he also checks out the online reviews before they are published. :banghead: [/tscii:116e2d86f3]

dinesh2002
15th November 2008, 12:12 PM
[tscii:908a9574e3]“Generally, for a project, we would discuss everything right from the production company to the script to the star cast. The whole team would sit and deliberate. However, this is not happening now. It disturbed me when I heard of certain decisions from others and not from Gautham Menon. He has taken certain decisions without my knowledge. Obviously, the bond between us has weakened.”

:lol: Sounds like HJ is very possessive about his projects, light boy mAththunA kooda avar kitta permission vAnganun pOla. One of our hubbers pointed out that he also checks out the online reviews before they are published. :banghead: [/tscii:908a9574e3]

wow!!! this is too much!!!

vasanth2006
15th November 2008, 06:24 PM
Who said that GM can't be also a fan of Ilayaraja ??? I just said that he is a great fan of ARR and that initalliy he wanted to have ARR for Minnale.

http://www.desihits.com/radio/show/southside-show-50-gautam-menon-interview/1

Yes. you have a point. I believe desire to work with one person(based on their market rate and current form) is different from one's individual taste.....lets leave it here.....

Even he has used "n" number of IR songs and referenced IR's music in his latest VA.....

p.s: I didn't hear his radio interview.

MrJudge
15th November 2008, 06:39 PM
Even he has used "n" number of IR songs and referenced IR's music in his latest VA.....

thalaivan pAttu pudikkAma oruththarum ingE irukka mudiyAthu! :D

baba88
16th November 2008, 04:42 PM
Hey, heard that GM is out of that Ajith project. Maybe that was the reason for the split because GM is out but HJ is said to be still in !

A.ANAND
17th November 2008, 06:18 AM
ivan[hj]ethukku ippadi worry pannikiran-innu puriyala!!?? :curse:ysr kuda selvaragam kuda split-than,aana ysr cool-la than irukkar,ivan[hj] mattum yen ipadi periyaaa vishayama pannran!siripputhan varuthu!chinna pilla thanama illa irukku!

shankar anniyan movie-iiku hj choice panna pothu arr cool-la adutha velai-ya pakka poitar!
hj-ikku innum pakkuvam pattathu!

Thalafanz
17th November 2008, 06:24 AM
ivan[hj]ethukku ippadi worry pannikiran-innu puriyala!!?? :curse:ysr kuda selvaragam kuda split-than,aana ysr cool-la than irukkar,ivan[hj] mattum yen ipadi periyaaa vishayama pannran!siripputhan varuthu!chinna pilla thanama illa irukku!

shankar anniyan movie-iiku hj choice panna pothu arr cool-la adutha velai-ya pakka poitar!

Individuality. We can't expect everyone to be the same, can we??? It will take sometime for HJ to get over it. :P

A.ANAND
17th November 2008, 07:19 AM

Individuality. We can't expect everyone to be the same, can we??? It will take sometime for HJ to get over it. :P
today in malaysia nanban paper-la kuda ithey news-than!aluthu polambi-irukkan! :lol: pondathi oodi pona kuda ippadai kavala padamattan pola irukku! :lol: oru vela GM mela,HJ-ikku oru thalai kathala irukumo! :shock:

A.ANAND
17th November 2008, 07:59 AM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2008/11/16-harris-jayaraj-explanation.html

dinesh2002
17th November 2008, 11:15 AM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2008/11/16-harris-jayaraj-explanation.html

what it says Anand???

A.ANAND
17th November 2008, 07:37 PM

what it says Anand???
GM sonthama ellam mudivum edukirararm,ivar kitta[HJ]onnum sollarathu illayam!athanala avaru innemel GM-oda music panna future-la kuda chance-se illayam!

dinesh2002
17th November 2008, 07:44 PM

what it says Anand???
GM sonthama ellam mudivum edukirararm,ivar kitta[HJ]onnum sollarathu illayam!athanala avaru innemel GM-oda music panna future-la kuda chance-se illayam!

wow.... what an ego this fella has..... :?

A.ANAND
17th November 2008, 08:09 PM
HJ's statement romba chinna pulla thanama irukku.innum konja naal pona arr than 'sabotaj pannitar' innu sonnalum solluvar ...anga sutti inga sutti finall-la ipadithan news vara pothu..

dinesh2002
17th November 2008, 08:19 PM
HJ's statement romba chinna pulla thanama irukku.innum konja naal pona arr than 'sabotaj pannitar' innu sonnalum solluvar ...anga sutti inga sutti finall-la ipadithan news vara pothu..

yes yes... im very sure...... i think they faught becoz of GM working with ARR in COMK....and Gautham must have compared their working style and music which must have pisst HJ of... :lol:

A.ANAND
17th November 2008, 08:31 PM

yes yes... im very sure...... i think they faught becoz of GM working with ARR in COMK....and Gautham must have compared their working style and music which must have pisst HJ of... :lol:

media kuda itha perusa eduthukala!only hj than polambi kittu irukaru :cry:

dinesh2002
17th November 2008, 09:58 PM

media kuda itha perusa eduthukala!only hj than polambi kittu irukaru :cry:

Yes Anand, athan ennakum puriyalei.... if good frens they should break their combo like this, sending letter to media anouncing their break up. AFAIK, no Music directors has ever did anything like this........ ARR koode never do like this when Shankar worked with Harris for Anniyan. ARR never felt jealous and condemned the songs but he praised them. Even IR never do anything like this when Mani went for ARR for Roja isnt it.... :?

A.ANAND
18th November 2008, 05:58 AM
good point dinesh! :D

app_engine
18th November 2008, 06:29 AM
Even IR never do anything like this when Mani went for ARR for Roja isnt it.... :?

To this day, IR has not spoken anything about ANY of his splits. அவர் பாட்டுக்குத்தான் உண்டு, தன் வேலை உண்டுன்னு இருக்கார். கேட்டாலும் பதில் கிடைக்காது என்பது தான் உண்மை:-)

A.ANAND
18th November 2008, 06:38 AM
Even IR never do anything like this when Mani went for ARR for Roja isnt it.... :?

To this day, IR has not spoken anything about ANY of his splits. அவர் பாட்டுக்குத்தான் உண்டு, தன் வேலை உண்டுன்னு இருக்கார். கேட்டாலும் பதில் கிடைக்காது என்பது தான் உண்மை:-)
yes!it's true!continuos-sa ore director kitta vela pakka avare viruppa padamattaru!

viraajan
18th November 2008, 10:23 AM
Well Said app_engine :)

rajasaranam
18th November 2008, 11:34 AM
Probably HJ is cribbing a lot only because the 2 best successful 'combos' he had are no more. Director Jeeva is demised and now a split with GM.
Nevertheless we too feel sorry for this break up since they were rocking as a team! though the songs sounded monotonous they were pleasing to the ears.

A.ANAND
18th November 2008, 04:37 PM
Gautham Menon opens up
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, November 18, 2008]

Varanam Aayiram Gallery

In an exclusive interview to Indiaglitz Gautham Vasudev Menon has said that he is upset about his estranged relationship with Harris Jayaraj. 'Just as the media received emails from Harris I also received one about his decision not to work with me'.

'Of course there were incidents that happened before this decision from Harris. But I don't want to talk about them as he has not spoken about them' said Gautham Menon.

'When Mani Ratnam and Illayaraja broke up years ago not many actually paid much heed. Similarly there is no need to give much attention to our break-up as well' added Gautham.

Gautham went on to say that filmdom is a highly unpredictable industry and that anything could happen in the future. By saying this, is he hinting at a possibility of Harris and himself coming together for a film in the future? It will sure be good if that happens.

About his forthcoming projects, Gautham is gearing up to announce the start of a project very soon. Music would be by A. R. Rahman and the 'Varanam Aayiram' director would work with a new team for this venture which is expected to kick start very soon.

Gautham Menon also spoke at length about his father and the reason as to why he made 'Varanam Aayiram', Suriya's preparations for the film and also answered many questions fielded by critics of late.

The complete exclusive video interview with Gautham Menon's will be on air very soon.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/43092.html

dinesh2002
18th November 2008, 06:13 PM
yea, actually y all the websites r going " OMG !! Gautham and Harris has broke up!!!! "

whats up? i dun think their combo is any greater than Mani-ARR, Shankar-ARR! so whats the big deal??? Why make such a fuss??? i dun think any of their numbers r classics.... heck even Vaseegara was nothing great....

so whats up??? :? y r the media over reacting??

Yathu
18th November 2008, 06:35 PM
What kinda bugs me is Harris' presumption that everyone cares about his and GM's partnership. OK, most of us do care, but how dare he think that we're gonna care? :lol: He decided that for us.

Turns out he dumped GM by email also. Didn't even talk to him about it:

The Harris Jayaraj episode - Gautham Menon RESPONDS
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, November 18, 2008]

In an exclusive interview to Indiaglitz Gautham Vasudev Menon has said that he is upset about his estranged relationship with Harris Jayaraj. 'Just as the media received emails from Harris I also received one about his decision not to work with me'.

'Of course there were incidents that happened before this decision from Harris. But I don't want to talk about them as he has not spoken about them' said Gautham Menon.

'When Mani Ratnam and Illayaraja broke up years ago not many actually paid much heed. Similarly there is no need to give much attention to our break-up as well' added Gautham.

Gautham went on to say that filmdom is a highly unpredictable industry and that anything could happen in the future. By saying this, is he hinting at a possibility of Harris and himself coming together for a film in the future? It will sure be good if that happens.

About his forthcoming projects, Gautham is gearing up to announce the start of a project very soon. Music would be by A. R. Rahman and the 'Varanam Aayiram' director would work with a new team for this venture which is expected to kick start very soon.

Gautham Menon also spoke at length about his father and the reason as to why he made 'Varanam Aayiram', Suriya's preparations for the film and also answered many questions fielded by critics of late.

The complete exclusive video interview with Gautham Menon's will be on air very soon.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/43092.html

Wow, this really is like a big divorce drama. :roll:

baba88
18th November 2008, 07:41 PM
yea, actually y all the websites r going " OMG !! Gautham and Harris has broke up!!!! "

whats up? i dun think their combo is any greater than Mani-ARR, Shankar-ARR! so whats the big deal??? Why make such a fuss??? i dun think any of their numbers r classics.... heck even Vaseegara was nothing great....

so whats up??? :? y r the media over reacting??

You are right, but the thing is that they both didn't break up in private, HJ had directly to go to the media. That's why the media is dealing this issue all the time. Maybe HJ just need new projects now after this breakup so he's trying to get publicity. You know the fact is that many people even don't know this guy is. My family for example love his songs like Vaseegara, Suttum Vili or Partha Mudhal, but they don't know who the Music director is.

Nerd
18th November 2008, 09:02 PM
i dun think any of their numbers r classics.... heck even Vaseegara was nothing great....

:shock: I can't believe am reading this..

kamarajc
19th November 2008, 03:31 AM
Well.. Its a party time for Anti-Harris community. You can relish trashing the guy to pieces to make your own stories and further boost the image of your own favorites saying.."See, they were better than Harris".

Please do not continue reading this post if you are here to just indulge in abnoxious posts like 'Oru thalai kaadhal', 'divorce' etc... simply because we belong to two different schools of thought.

But, what I am writing below is for some neutral 'musical' fans to know various sides of the story. Believe me, I got this from one of the insiders in the media industry.

Before getting into the incidents, there are two points we need to take into mind.

Point 1 : Gautham is a good creator but has the problem of not being able to put the right words at the right time (Atleast to popular opinion). He has problems with Vijay, Vikram, Ajith(very recent), Lingusamy and so on.

Point 2 : Gautham's body language shows lot of over-confidence these days thrashing every other hero and every other director. This is quite unprecedented. Off late, few of his interactions with media in the recent times have sounded as though he is taking Harris for granted. Example, in Jaya TV's Hari-Giri assembly, he says "I can do a film with Surya any day, but it is rare to work with Kamal. Similarly, I am working with Rahman as I can work with Harris any day". This has definitely hit the ego of Harris.

Now, comes the real incidents.

Scene 1 :
Ajith is upset that Gautham is releasing 'Varanam Aayiram' at a time that might jeopardize the business of 'Aegan'. Releasing 'Varanam Aayiram' within 3 weeks of the release of 'Aegan' irritated Ajith as this was not even consulted with him. The release is eventually affecting the business of Aegan which is a different story. This made Ajith feel Gautham is disregarded of Ajith's interest than projecting himself as a big director.

Scene 2 :
Speaks up with Prabhu and removes Gautham from his next Sivaji Productions film. Please note that there is no talk about Harris either by Ajith or Prabhu. But, Gautham expected his friend Harris Jayaraj to walk out in a movie that he was removed from. Gautham was correct in expecting so because he felt that Prabhu approached them together.

However, Harris did not want to walk out of the project at the cost of a relationship with Prabhu and Ajith. Prabhu had become closer with Harris in the mean time - Recall and revisit Varanam Aayiram audio release function.

Scene 3 :Gautham talks to Harris and wonders if he is still pursuing to work in Ajith's project. Harris is silent and shows no keen interest. He is simply thinking how to walk out without hurting Prabhu or Ajith.

Scene 4 :
Gautham goes to Hyderabad for VA(Telugu) Promo and talks to Telugu media. He announces that his next one is with Mahesh Babu with ARRahman music. This news reached Harris through MEDIA.

Scene 5 :
Harris is upset that Gautham thinks he has the right to ask him to walk out Ajith's project. But, he never felt to leave a word with his erst-while partner on a change in his team. Harris feels he never deserved this treatment. He wants to pay back Gautham in his own terms. He calls media and conveys the message of not intending to work with Gautham any more.

Scene 6 :
Harris may work in Ajith's project depending on the director who is yet to be finalized.

Movies
19th November 2008, 04:00 AM
Kamarajc, nice screenplay, oru varusham mega serial edukira mathiri screenplay, Sabash, j/k!
I really doubt this being the reason as I have heard atleast 3 different insider stories first hand!

If Kamarajc story is true, then HJ was more childish than I expected!

And point 2, if an actor as surya can accept it why can't HJ accept that statement? assuming that's the case?
Compared to directors as Amir, Cheran and Thankar Bachan Goutham Menon has said nothing as ridiculous. Amir frankly said Actoers as Rajni and Vijay don't deserve awards, the others have said worse. As far as I know, Goutham hasn't foul mouthed any major actors.
And when did he have problems with Vikram,Vijay and Lingusamy???

Regardless of what the reason was, HJ has created a terrible image for himself in addition to whatever bad one he has.

ARR and Shankar were a bigger combo, they never made such a fuss, eventhough they had a HUGE issue!

Verdict: Rahman isn't only the better musician, he is clearly the beter man!

kamarajc
19th November 2008, 05:25 AM
Movies Sir,

Thanks - I take it as a compliment. For now, I am not planning to venture into Megaserial business.

If I said anything to justify anyone's (Harris or Gautham) stand in this matter, I am sorry - I did not try to do that for I have no opinion in this matter.

Reg. your question on Vikram/Vijay/Lingusamy... please stay in touch with media around. Time permitting, I can help you with some links.

Let us not oversee the way the media has changed when we compare this with IR-MR or ARR-Shankar incident. Had this been the media in those days, it would have been a bigger story.
I think in those days, only Thinathanthi and DD-News were the only media for most people.

Mahen
19th November 2008, 05:28 AM
Scene 1 is not true...Even after aagen's release, ajith was geared up for GM's movie (he was losing weight etc)and at that point of time everyone knows that Va is releasing on Nov14...Scene 1 - CUT

kamarajc
19th November 2008, 06:12 AM
Mahen, CUT or UNCUT - Its your wish.

Ajith's interviews around that time never mentioned anything about Gautham Menon. After Aegan's release, he has simply been saying that he is going to act for Sivaji Productions without divulging the director's name. But, before that, he did. In an interview after Aegan audio release, Ajith was quoted saying 'Gautham Menon will be my next director. I am glad that he has agreed to add the ingredients that would satisfy my fans'.

Again, there will be different versions of a story. What I was told could be completely false too. But, happenings like the one I quoted above makes me believe this version. I am just sharing this with you.

kamarajc
19th November 2008, 06:19 AM
Kamarajc, nice screenplay, oru varusham mega serial edukira mathiri screenplay, Sabash, j/k!
I really doubt this being the reason as I have heard atleast 3 different insider stories first hand!

If Kamarajc story is true, then HJ was more childish than I expected!

And point 2, if an actor as surya can accept it why can't HJ accept that statement? assuming that's the case?
Compared to directors as Amir, Cheran and Thankar Bachan Goutham Menon has said nothing as ridiculous. Amir frankly said Actoers as Rajni and Vijay don't deserve awards, the others have said worse. As far as I know, Goutham hasn't foul mouthed any major actors.
And when did he have problems with Vikram,Vijay and Lingusamy???

Regardless of what the reason was, HJ has created a terrible image for himself in addition to whatever bad one he has.

ARR and Shankar were a bigger combo, they never made such a fuss, eventhough they had a HUGE issue!

Verdict: Rahman isn't only the better musician, he is clearly the beter man!

With no pun, I would like to ask you.

What warrants a verdict here? Is there an issue going around challenging if Rahman is a better musician or better man

I dont think Harris is feeling bad that he is compared to ARRahman as Surya to Kamal. Obviously, it is beyond question that ARRahman and Kamal are tested much more than Harris and Surya res.ly. Harris has seen several times talking about Rahman with high regard if not reverence.

But, why should Harris not feel that he is taken for granted when Gautham says "I can do a film with Harris any time". In fact, Harris was not interested in doing PKMC which Gautham managed to convince him.

Thalafanz
19th November 2008, 06:28 AM
Scene 1 :
Ajith is upset that Gautham is releasing 'Varanam Aayiram' at a time that might jeopardize the business of 'Aegan'. Releasing 'Varanam Aayiram' within 3 weeks of the release of 'Aegan' irritated Ajith as this was not even consulted with him. The release is eventually affecting the business of Aegan which is a different story. This made Ajith feel Gautham is disregarded of Ajith's interest than projecting himself as a big director.

kamarajc, this piece of info u got is absolutely false. Being an Ajith fan, I know him well. Ajith never promote his movies. "If the movie is good, it will run", this is the priciple Ajith believes in.
Coming to ur story, releasing VA is in it's distibuters' hand where Ajith can't do anything about it. Ajith never do such things, believe me. In recent interviews, Ajith still said his next project is with GM (after the VA release date was fixed). He even told people that he is working on his physique for GM's project in a get-together party with media. :)
The real story - GM was busy finalising things for VA release. He can't even finish the script for Ajith movie on time. :huh: So, Sivaji Prod removed him from the project. At the same time, Sivaji Prod wanted to start the project on November for a April release.
Latest I heard is HJ is still in. Not sure though. :?

Scene 1 is not true...Even after aagen's release, ajith was geared up for GM's movie (he was losing weight etc)and at that point of time everyone knows that Va is releasing on Nov14...Scene 1 - CUT

Thanks Mahen. :)

krishh17
19th November 2008, 07:34 AM
Let us not oversee the way the media has changed when we compare this with IR-MR or ARR-Shankar incident. Had this been the media in those days, it would have been a bigger story.
I think in those days, only Thinathanthi and DD-News were the only media for most people.

I'm sure I neither have short term nor long term memory loss. And if my recollection is correct during ARR-Shankar incident we had way more media than Dinathanthi or DD-news :huh: :huh:

Infact both were so busy with their projects that they didn't have time to create any fuss about the issue. We know that it didn't take much time for Shankar to get back with ARR, thanks to the half baked effortless soundtrack Anniyan.

I think more than for Gautam, this is a bigger loss for Harris, coz he's given his best music either for Jeeva, who's no more, or Gautam, whom he just divorced.

A.ANAND
19th November 2008, 07:53 AM
gautham interview

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/16805.html

kamarajc
19th November 2008, 08:09 AM

I'm sure I neither have short term nor long term memory loss. And if my recollection is correct during ARR-Shankar incident we had way more media than Dinathanthi or DD-news :huh: :huh:

Infact both were so busy with their projects that they didn't have time to create any fuss about the issue. We know that it didn't take much time for Shankar to get back with ARR, thanks to the half baked effortless soundtrack Anniyan.

I think more than for Gautam, this is a bigger loss for Harris, coz he's given his best music either for Jeeva, who's no more, or Gautam, whom he just divorced.

Oh.. I knew I will be picked by someone for this the moment I made the post. But, I realized it a bit late.

Well, I was referring to IR-MR split.

Nothing was declared as such when ARR-Shankar (so called) split happened. Everyone assumed that ARR is busy at that time as he was not doing any other tamil movie at that time. I still believe there was no split as such. I have a reason to believe so. The audio of 'A Aah' was released some time people thought Shankar and ARR are split and Shankar spoke very highly about ARR.

kamarajc
19th November 2008, 08:37 AM
The real story - GM was busy finalising things for VA release. He can't even finish the script for Ajith movie on time. :huh: So, Sivaji Prod removed him from the project. At the same time, Sivaji Prod wanted to start the project on November for a April release.
Latest I heard is HJ is still in. Not sure though. :?

Varanam Aayiram was actually ready to be released on Oct-27th. Gautham was not busy with Post production work of Varanam Aayiram after Oct-27th. he movie was released on Nov-14 only due to theatre availability.

Ramkumar came to Varanam Aayiram audio release and was beamed saying "His next film is for Sivaji Productions".. What was a surprise for them between Sep-24 and Oct-26 (the date gautham was possibly busy with VA) that led to remove Gautham? Dont they know that any director will be busy with such work just before the release of his movie.

Also, when Ajith can wait for more than a year for Bala (which was eventually fruitless).. could he not wait for Gautham for few weeks more?

selvakumar
19th November 2008, 11:13 AM
Kamarjc, GM was more keen on the release since he bought the TN theatrical release. It need not be PP work alone. Now, he had said he had submitted the entire script for Mahesh babu film to the concerned producer. There were allegations of him not submitting the script ot sivaji productions or Ajith. How did he find time to write for MB film then ? Why should be do that when he had committed the film with Sivaji productions ?

A.ANAND
19th November 2008, 01:52 PM
harris try to give bad imej to arr,he is the behind gautham and hj combo break-up!very cheap publicity!

selvakumar
19th November 2008, 03:28 PM
Also, when Ajith can wait for more than a year for Bala (which was eventually fruitless).. could he not wait for Gautham for few weeks more?

"Mistakes (experience) are/is the best teacher"
How do you expect him to commit that mistake again ?

dinesh2002
19th November 2008, 06:11 PM
i dun think any of their numbers r classics.... heck even Vaseegara was nothing great....

:shock: I can't believe am reading this..

:shock: whats so unbelieavle about it??

ur shock about me not accepting any of their numbers classic or im not liking Vaseegara song??

well to come to think of it, i think their best combo song would be Unakkul Naan from PKMC and Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein tittle song sung by Sonu and Kavitha.... yea, these 2 r the stand outs [for me].... i was never a big fan of Kaake Kaake, Minnale songs.... VA songs were very atractive to me, but i guess i listened to them too much, its not favoring my ears anymore...

dinesh2002
19th November 2008, 06:13 PM
harris try to give bad imej to arr,he is the behind gautham and hj combo break-up!very cheap publicity!

guess he is not very happy about GM working with ARR in COMK.... remember he said " why do u wanna do it now??" when GM told him he wants to work with ARR in COMK.....

ajaybaskar
19th November 2008, 06:20 PM

guess he is not very happy about GM working with ARR in COMK.... remember he said " why do u wanna do it now??" when GM told him he wants to work with ARR in COMK.....

Yeah...that shud be the reason behind this break-up...

A.ANAND
19th November 2008, 06:55 PM
-deleted-

NOV
19th November 2008, 07:25 PM
anand, pls be respectful when you talk abt people. :evil:

Nerd
19th November 2008, 08:29 PM
I can't believe I m reading comments like Harris-GM combo is nothing to talk about. Out of the 35 songs they have worked on ~25 are hits (air-time in FM, TV, popularity etc) Except PKMC all their movies are hits too. Obviously the songs are revered as classics now. And you asking what's all the fuss about the split is obscene.

rashid2raj
20th November 2008, 01:01 AM
I can't believe I m reading comments like Harris-GM combo is nothing to talk about. Out of the 35 songs they have worked on ~25 are hits (air-time in FM, TV, popularity etc) Except PKMC all their movies are hits too. Obviously the songs are revered as classics now. And you asking what's all the fuss about the split is obscene.

100 % true ! What Rahman was for 1990's, Harris is for 2000's :idea:

dinesh2002
20th November 2008, 03:45 AM

wow.... didint know their songs were that popular... think im not paying enough attention on that... LOL... im not that concerned about their songs being hit or not, im talking about MEMORABLE tunes... dude, even Nakka Mukka is a super hit... hope u get what i mean!!!....

Well, Gautham himself said nothing is permanent in the industry, which is true, so why fuss over it?? they could come back together soon in future... so till then, we have other songs to listen as well.... !! dun go freaky bro!

littlemaster1982
20th November 2008, 04:49 AM
Dinesh,

It's too much to compare Nakka Mukka and Harris-Gautham combo's songs. No offence meant :)

Nerd
20th November 2008, 05:15 AM
Since you have stopped down to the level of comparing naaka muuka and GM-HJ melodies and since you are so blissfully oblivious to the admiration for GM-HJ songs, no point in arguing with you. Ain't there HJ fans (OK, admirers) here at all :huh:

NOV
20th November 2008, 05:51 AM
lets not fool ourselves. GM-HJ is one of the most best and memorable combos in TFM. This years VA album is easily the album of the year.

Additionally HR's UU was the album of last year.

A.ANAND
20th November 2008, 06:38 AM
Setting straight

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_Buzz/Setting__straight/articleshow/3732716.cms

A.ANAND
20th November 2008, 06:52 AM
gautham-harris split - good or bad

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-08/gautham-harris.html

nanchil_guy
20th November 2008, 10:55 AM
wow!! the same media and everyone went gaga over the IR's attitude when he set first few lines for his tunes. Now if what GM says true then HJ is trying to dominate and wants to dictate what dir should do etc if thats a friendly one no problem. but it doesnt seem so according to GM.

MrJudge
20th November 2008, 11:08 AM
[tscii:7c23998e1a]"“When we were working on Kaakha Kaakha, he said, ‘Surya vendamga’, because he felt that he wouldn’t be musically inspired by Surya and I told him to trust me. He said Kaakha Kaakha wouldn’t work, it worked. Similarly, he said that Vettaiyadu Villaiyadu wouldn’t work, it worked. The only time he was right was when he said Pachaikili Muthucharam wouldn’t work and it didn’t. But the mistake I made in Pachaikili was that although Sarath sir was perfect in what he did; I feel he wasn’t cast right. Harris told me that the script was very off-beat and that after Kaakha Kaakha and Vettiayadu Vilaiyadu, I needed to do a much bigger film. He told me the budget should be 20 crores and that I shouldn’t restrict myself. I told him not to tell me all that,” fumes the director."

ithu ellAm too much-pA..... How come Gowtham worked with this guy for this long?[/tscii:7c23998e1a]

A.ANAND
20th November 2008, 11:15 AM
[tscii:554b476ec6]"“When we were working on Kaakha Kaakha, he said, ‘Surya vendamga’, because he felt that he wouldn’t be musically inspired by Surya and I told him to trust me. He said Kaakha Kaakha wouldn’t work, it worked. Similarly, he said that Vettaiyadu Villaiyadu wouldn’t work, it worked. The only time he was right was when he said Pachaikili Muthucharam wouldn’t work and it didn’t. But the mistake I made in Pachaikili was that although Sarath sir was perfect in what he did; I feel he wasn’t cast right. Harris told me that the script was very off-beat and that after Kaakha Kaakha and Vettiayadu Vilaiyadu, I needed to do a much bigger film. He told me the budget should be 20 crores and that I shouldn’t restrict myself. I told him not to tell me all that,” fumes the director."

ithu ellAm too much-pA..... How come Gowtham worked with this guy for this long?[/tscii:554b476ec6]

:lol: good point!

ajaybaskar
20th November 2008, 02:00 PM
lets not fool ourselves. GM-HJ is one of the most best and memorable combos in TFM. This years VA album is easily the album of the year.

I really have a different opinion on this,NOV...

Kindly check the below given links for my substantiation... :D

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=11098&start=0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filmfare_Best_Music_Director_Award_(Tamil)

http://majaa.net/showthread.php?t=17976

viraajan
20th November 2008, 03:07 PM
[tscii:903aeeaab6]"“When we were working on Kaakha Kaakha, he said, ‘Surya vendamga’, because he felt that he wouldn’t be musically inspired by Surya and I told him to trust me. He said Kaakha Kaakha wouldn’t work, it worked. Similarly, he said that Vettaiyadu Villaiyadu wouldn’t work, it worked. The only time he was right was when he said Pachaikili Muthucharam wouldn’t work and it didn’t. But the mistake I made in Pachaikili was that although Sarath sir was perfect in what he did; I feel he wasn’t cast right. Harris told me that the script was very off-beat and that after Kaakha Kaakha and Vettiayadu Vilaiyadu, I needed to do a much bigger film. He told me the budget should be 20 crores and that I shouldn’t restrict myself. I told him not to tell me all that,” fumes the director."

ithu ellAm too much-pA..... How come Gowtham worked with this guy for this long?[/tscii:903aeeaab6]

Ivlo sonna HJ, VA work aagum aagadhu-nu yedhuvum sollala :lol:
KK, VV, PKMC indha moonu padamum work aagadhu-nu solradhu ellam romba over :huh:

Scale
20th November 2008, 03:09 PM
[tscii:e19bb7d31e]
There was difference of opinion over the Pachchaikili Muthucharam project between him and Harris. Quiz him on this and Gautham says, “I think the problem with Harris is he tries to dominate. I have no ego and I have no problem with that. If I know somebody’s right about something I take it from them. And I know that when it comes to music, he’s a genius.

:frightened: :rotfl: Now for sure HJ will never acclaim this damp squib as genius for any reason. Poor HJ! We know his "copycat" skills but sure not that adamant,domination, ego as exposed here. And we know you "Gautam" very well from the past. Dont get this cheap Beware! If ARR, the legitimate genius in all respect comes to know about all this bull**, chances are there you might be kicked to GVP. And you will never have those "thoranam aayiram" to cover your facade..

Ajay :lol:
[/tscii:e19bb7d31e]

A.ANAND
20th November 2008, 03:49 PM
[tscii:aaad7f4461]And I know that when it comes to music, he’s a genius. --------gautham

innum konja naala srikanth deva,d.immman,'nakka mukka'vijay anthony ellam genius agiduvangga pola!

:shaking: thanggada boomi! :ashamed: [/tscii:aaad7f4461]

Scale
20th November 2008, 04:04 PM
The combo has certainly rocked TFM. No doubt about that. HJ has put lot of efforts to come up everytime with a decent soundtrack. He himself agreed that it is always special to him. HJ says for VA, GM was not in studio and still he delivered it marvelously. Credits to be given to GM as well for extracting the best out of HJ whatever they worked to gether.

Why did he made that reference of MR-IR split? :idontgetit:

A.ANAND
20th November 2008, 04:14 PM
[tscii:d9601ea1b8]I am seriously relieved: Gautham

By Moviebuzz | Thursday, 20 November , 2008, 14:18

Vaaranam Aayiram took an amazing opening especially at the multiplexes. Director Gautham Vasudev Menon is a relieved man but is not exactly happy about the mixed reactions from critics and media. In this quick chat to Sify.com, he clarifies everything about the film and more.

The film has been trimmed by 12 minutes after two days of release?
Yes… I was forced by my distributors to do so and I have trimmed a few scenes which you will not even notice if you had seen the original on the release day. The scene soon after Divya comes to meet Surya in Dehradun, a small portion of the scene after Surya joins the army and a part of the last episode of the rescue operation. Reports stating that the Delhi episode and an entire song being taken away is rubbish and baseless. I have sent my assistants including editor Antony to all the theatres playing the film to check the prints.

But critics say that the second half is slow and it looks like a documentary?
I am a person who is open to fair criticism. Audience support is what I wanted and the film after taking a fabulous opening is running to full houses and is being appreciated by lady and family audiences. It is not the usual kind of action film that one associates with a Surya or Gautham Menon. If you come without any expectations, you will like the film.

Some scenes like Surya going to US with his father’s consent to find Sameera seems illogical. Please comment?
It’s my story and my dad did that! He supported me to go and chase my love and let me clarify that in the film, Surya’s dad did not fund his trip to US but after finishing his duties as a son, he takes permission and goes on his own. I wonder why a section of people did not understand that. And I read someone writing that my hero was sent on a tour by his parents instead of treating him for drug addition! Well, let me tell you that my characters are etched from real life people and there have been cases of people getting out of drug addiction due to parental support and love.

When a hero flies 15 feet high in the air and then hits a train in a recent superstar film, people did not say it was illogical. But why are they saying that when my hero goes to US to chase his love, it is illogical??

Harris Jayaraj issued a press release stating that Vaaranam Aayiram is his last film with you which shocked your fans. Please comment?
I was also shocked especially when it came on the day before the release of our film. Trust me, I too came to know about it when I got a similar mail from Harris that had gone to the media. I think, we could have talked about it instead of him going public. Maybe my decision to work with A R Rahman in my next two ventures might have irked him. But it was not purely my decision but my producers call.

Why was your next film with Sivaji productions dropped?
I am seriously relieved about it. I was busy with the release of Vararnam Aayiram and everyone knew about my involvement with the film. Sivaji productions were not willing to wait and they wanted to start the project immediately. My script is my investment and I cannot be pushed on that. All I can say is that, it’s their loss.

So what next?
I have been working round the clock for the last few years. I have three sons and let me spend some time with them. I will be finishing Chennayil Oru Mazhaikalam and then I will be directing Mahesh Babu in Telugu. Both these films have music by A.R Rahman.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

[/tscii:d9601ea1b8]

A.ANAND
20th November 2008, 04:17 PM
-edited-

nanchil_guy
20th November 2008, 04:19 PM
gautham-harris split - good or bad

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-08/gautham-harris.html

The behindwood says,

The levels of consistency that Gautham and Harris have been able to maintain over nearly 7 years and 5 movies is something that could match the legendary Bharathiraja-Ilaiyaraja combination, maybe even surpass it.

I dont understand who on this damn earth would say such things, but the behindwoods guys did it. i am not denying that HJ-GM was a big hit, but saying that their combo surpassed IR-BR combo is just bulls***.

nanchil_guy
20th November 2008, 05:01 PM
2001 Minnale
2001 12B
2001 Majunu
2002 Lesa Lesa
2002 Samurai
2003 Saamy
2003 Kovil
2003 Kaaka Kaaka
2004 Chellamae
2004 Arasatchi
2004 Arul
2005 Thotti Jaya
2005 Ullam Ketkumae
2005 Anniyan
2005 Ghajini
2006 Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu
2006 Kumaran
2007 Pachaikili Muthucharam
2007 Unnale Unnale
2008 Bheema
2008 Sathyam
2008 Dhaam Dhoom
2008 Vaaranam Aayiram

so out of 23 movies 13 were either musically or commercially ( in some instances bothwise) flops, where as the commercial success of movies like Unnale Unnale, Ullam Ketkumae are debatable.

In all HJ gave only 4 or 5 hits apart from the movies he worked with GM such as Gajini, Anniyan, saamy and couple of movies with Jeeva, this clearly shows that whenever he joined hands with new dirs or worked in off beat movies, he failed to click. so the loser here is clearly HJ from this split. But let us wait and see how it goes.

Thalafanz
20th November 2008, 05:13 PM
[tscii:c2206ead27]"“When we were working on Kaakha Kaakha, he said, ‘Surya vendamga’, because he felt that he wouldn’t be musically inspired by Surya and I told him to trust me. He said Kaakha Kaakha wouldn’t work, it worked. Similarly, he said that Vettaiyadu Villaiyadu wouldn’t work, it worked. The only time he was right was when he said Pachaikili Muthucharam wouldn’t work and it didn’t. But the mistake I made in Pachaikili was that although Sarath sir was perfect in what he did; I feel he wasn’t cast right. Harris told me that the script was very off-beat and that after Kaakha Kaakha and Vettiayadu Vilaiyadu, I needed to do a much bigger film. He told me the budget should be 20 crores and that I shouldn’t restrict myself. I told him not to tell me all that,” fumes the director."[/tscii:c2206ead27]

Intha visAranayil pala unmaigal veli varum pOlirukkE... :lol2:

thilak4life
20th November 2008, 06:07 PM
[tscii:34889dab07]And I know that when it comes to music, he’s a genius. --------gautham

innum konja naala srikanth deva,d.immman,'nakka mukka'vijay anthony ellam genius agiduvangga pola!

:shaking: thanggada boomi! :ashamed: [/tscii:34889dab07]

rajasaranam
20th November 2008, 06:46 PM
[tscii:45c295761f]
And I know that when it comes to music, he’s a genius. --------gautham

Inga Vaaravaeinga Poravaeinga ellam 'Genius' aayidraenga :(

There are brilliant Composers..there are intelligent Composers in India, but only one 'Genius' Raaja Fitting in that League :notworthy: [/tscii:45c295761f]

dinesh2002
20th November 2008, 06:49 PM
Dinesh,

It's too much to compare Nakka Mukka and Harris-Gautham combo's songs. No offence meant :)

:lol: :lol: @ LM....

Nov, sorry, i dun fool myself... im alwiz straight forward...

speak for ur self dude.....

dinesh2002
20th November 2008, 06:54 PM
[tscii:ff360fdaa1]
And I know that when it comes to music, he’s a genius. --------gautham

Inga Vaaravaeinga Poravaeinga ellam 'Genius' aayidraenga :(

There are brilliant Composers..there are intelligent Composers in India, but only one 'Genius' Raaja Fitting in that League :notworthy: [/tscii:ff360fdaa1]

im sure Gautham never said that... these people would have added it their self... u know how these media people are... :roll:

CHILL mr. Raaja FAN... :lol:

dinesh2002
20th November 2008, 06:57 PM

I really have a different opinion on this,NOV...

Kindly check the below given links for my substantiation... :D

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=11098&start=0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filmfare_Best_Music_Director_Award_(Tamil)

http://majaa.net/showthread.php?t=17976

Apadi Podunge Ajay! :lol:

NOV
20th November 2008, 07:30 PM
I have always felt sorry for ARR fans because they used to be mercilessly attacked by some IR fans.
Looks like some ARR fans are no better.

The split between Gautham and HR has nothing to do with HR's music and is entirely personal. But the attack on HR is nothing short of vultures.

And Ajay, Hub awards is based on popularity not on quality. For your info, I rate ATM album much higher than Sivaji and definitely UU was the best album for me last year.

rajasaranam
20th November 2008, 07:37 PM
im sure Gautham never said that... these people would have added it their self... u know how these media people are... :roll:

CHILL mr. Raaja FAN... :lol:

I believe he would've said that! Nowadays the word 'genius' is used so commonly that it has become a synonym to classic/brilliant/intelligent Etc., :(

dinesh2002
20th November 2008, 07:44 PM
I have always felt sorry for ARR fans because they used to be mercilessly attacked by some IR fans.

The split between Gautham and HR has nothing to do with HR's music and is entirely personal. But the attack on HR is nothing short of vultures.

And Ajay, Hub awards is based on popularity not on quality. For your info, I rate ATM album much higher than Sivaji and definitely UU was the best album for me last year.

Who is HR??? Himesh Reshammiya.... LOL....

Since when UU is more quality than Sivaji my dear sir?? this is something new to me.....

kham
20th November 2008, 10:12 PM

NOV, UU beain da album f da year is ur personal opinion...
For MASS ppl Sivaji worked out big time n dat was da ALBUM of da year...

A.ANAND
21st November 2008, 06:57 AM

ippadiyavathu santhosa pattu ponnga! :lol: