Shano Shano
Latoo

Pathos

Hai Dard
Milo Wahan
Jaane Tu

Total Albums : 5 Hindi : 1 , Tamil : 4
Jodha Akbar, Ada, Jaane Tu Jaane Ya, Yuvraaj, Ghajini

Total Songs : 46 songs out of which 4 are Instrumentals, 2 Remixes & 2 Reused.

Except 2 Instrumentals of JA, I have not repeated any of it.

What more you ask?
[/tscii:bd5f87d2ed]

Scale
25th November 2008, 01:04 AM
I was revisiting ARR 2008 works and stuck up in the instrumentals. Initially I thought that we will discuss album by album but that has been done to death everywhere. I hope most of them will agree to the above categorization and lets analyse further how progressive/productive is ARRs journey in 2008. Its late nite now I'll join u all tomorrow

Slumdog Millionaire is yet to release. I will include then

thineshan54321
25th November 2008, 01:05 AM
[tscii:128b108339]A R Rahman - 2008 an year of spectacular memorial

Instrumentals

Jashne Bahara - Flute
Khwaja Mere Khwaja – Oboe
Meherbaan - Piano
Kaishe Mujhe - Guitar/Flute/Piano

Classic's

Jashne Bahara – Javed Ali
Khwaja - A R Rahman
Man Mohana – Bala Shehnde
Tu Muskura - Alka Yagnik
ManMohini Morey – Vijay Prakash

Trendsetters

Taxi Taxi
Behka
Kabhi Kabhi Aditi
Tu Bole
Ishq Ada
Miss u da

Grandeur & Orchestral magnificience

Dil Ka Rishta
Azeem o Shaan

Get on the floor

Pappu Cant Dance
Shano Shano
Latoo

Pathos

Hai Dard
Milo Wahan
Jaane Tu

Total Albums : 5 Hindi : 1 , Tamil : 4
Jodha Akbar, Ada, Jaane Tu Jaane Ya, Yuvraaj, Ghajini

Total Songs : 46 songs out of which 4 are Instrumentals, 2 Remixes & 2 Reused.

Except 2 Instrumentals of JA, I have not repeated any of it.

What more you ask?
[/tscii:128b108339]

lovely post/thread. btw i only see 3 ghajini tracks. personally i think kaise mujhe should be among classics but i guess u cant say that now can u? lets wait to see if it really is a classic.

Scale
25th November 2008, 01:10 AM
Thanks Thineshan,

Kaise Mujhe I have included in the instrumentals. All the above four instrumentals are sempiternal truth of classics. note to note Flawless!

Thats the reason I ignored Meherbaan - ARR version

thineshan54321
25th November 2008, 01:16 AM
Thanks Thineshan,

Kaise Mujhe I have included in the instrumentals. All the above four instrumentals are sempiternal truth of classics. note to note Flawless!

Thats the reason I ignored Meherbaan - ARR version

o i c. really a proud year for arr and his fans. hats off.

MADDY
25th November 2008, 08:35 AM
2008 is personally blessed by GOD for Rahman and us :bow:

A.ANAND
25th November 2008, 10:22 AM
:2thumbsup: for scale sir 4 the thread!
my rating 2008

1.yuvvraj - mann mohini,zindagi,dilka rista
2.ada - meherban
3.jaane tu ya jaane na- kahi tu,jaane tu
4.ghajini - zurarish,aye bachuchu,kaise mujhe,bekha
5.J.A -manu mohana,kwaja mere kwaja
6.sakkaraktti-taxi,maruthani

sloshed
25th November 2008, 12:16 PM
Scale.. can you please change the title.. you have used "memorial" as a noun and it usually denotes something related to death.. doesnt vibe well...

Just by looking at the title i thought something happened to somebody....

My top picks

Ishq Ada
Meherbaan
Marudhani

where ARR was just the ARR I knew he was capable of...

Scale
25th November 2008, 12:48 PM
[tscii:e2b564ebef]

Passionate Duets

Tu Guzaarish
Tu Meri Dost Hain
In Lamhon
Kahin To
Marudhani

Friendly Campaign

Elay
Nazrein Milana
Mastam Mastam

The lateral idea here is not just to list the hit numbers. Look at the variety of songs ARR have offered. He can easily give a hit number and ofcourse most of his songs and if you take his whole career the success rate will be amazingly more than 90% (song/ablum wise). ARR's experimental segment is there in every song which cannot be termed as a separate entity. This year he has given some stunning preludes & interludes. Interestingly those ludes are masterly interleaved into other songs. Theme intact! The ending of "Tu Muskura with those classical alaaps is indeed staggering!

Can a human vocal sound sweet/good and better than a musical instrument say a flute/piano/guitar/Saxo version competing with vocals/chorus whatever digitally mastered in KM studios. That’s the challenge I toss to ARR in 2009.
[/u][/tscii:e2b564ebef]

Scale
25th November 2008, 01:46 PM
Sloshed,

Its ARR 2008 - An year of spectacular memorial

memorial : (n) A structure erected to commemorate events!

My top picks

Ishq Ada
Meherbaan
Marudhani

Very rarely you turn back to fidelity :D so you havent heard JTYJN, Jodha Akbar, Ghajini yet? :roll:

Music4Ever
25th November 2008, 02:42 PM
To me it is not surprising that the year turned out to be so good for ARR (4+2=6). This will continue until January 6, 2009 and then ARR turns 43! His stars are shining at their best this year. He will continue to give good tunes henceforth too but the recognition may not be that much. The last time he enjoyed a golden year was in 1999 and he was 33 (3+3=6).

The variety of songs is simply breathtaking - JA, JTYJN, Ada, Yuvraaj, Ghajini, Sakkarakatti. Wow.

A.ANAND
25th November 2008, 03:17 PM
ARR'S 2009 RELEASE

HINDI
-dhilli 6
-blue
-boys
-ravana

TAMIL
-asoka vanam
-iyanthiran
-kathir movie
-chennyil oru mazhaikalam
-thalaivan irukiran
-k.s.ravikumar movie
-sultan

TELUGU

-puli
-gautham menon/mahesh babu

dinesh2002
25th November 2008, 05:49 PM
To me it is not surprising that the year turned out to be so good for ARR (4+2=6). This will continue until January 6, 2009 and then ARR turns 43! His stars are shining at their best this year. He will continue to give good tunes henceforth too but the recognition may not be that much. The last time he enjoyed a golden year was in 1999 and he was 33 (3+3=6).

The variety of songs is simply breathtaking - JA, JTYJN, Ada, Yuvraaj, Ghajini, Sakkarakatti. Wow.

yen vaiyi vekeringala..... Shiva Shiva...!!! :roll:

lancelot
25th November 2008, 06:30 PM
refresh my memory someone... was not Alagiya Thamil Magan this year?
hehe
:D

dinesh2002
25th November 2008, 06:48 PM
ARR'S 2009 RELEASE

HINDI
-dhilli 6
-blue
-boys
-ravana

TAMIL
-asoka vanam
-iyanthiran
-kathir movie
-thalaivan irukiran
-k.s.ravikumar movie
-sultan

TELUGU

-puli

Iyanthiran is a 2010 release............

baba88
25th November 2008, 09:18 PM
ARR'S 2009 RELEASE

HINDI
-dhilli 6
-blue
-boys
-ravana

TAMIL
-asoka vanam
-iyanthiran
-kathir movie
-thalaivan irukiran
-k.s.ravikumar movie
-sultan

TELUGU

-puli

I don't think Ravana/Ashokavanam is gonna be released 2009. It will be released only by 2010 like Enthiran. Same to Thalaivan Irukiran.

# The creator of this thread, I think you forgot the Slumdog Millionaire which could bring ARR an Oscar. That would be a sensational year with an Oscar.

Ramakrishna
25th November 2008, 09:20 PM
refresh my memory someone... was not Alagiya Thamil Magan this year?
hehe
:D

No

Scale
25th November 2008, 11:34 PM
baba,

Here is another one

Champions League T-20 (2008)
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=qxtj0Ytre7I

Rahman dancing :swinghead: :bluejump: :redjump:

Thalaivar walk & mike effect. Thundering beats & strumming guitar's. Awesome Visuals & Choreography :notworthy:

summa athiruthulla :thumbsup:

baba88
26th November 2008, 02:46 AM
slumdog millionaire is already released. you can buy the audio on itunes already. and you can find the whole album on youtube

A.ANAND
26th November 2008, 10:30 AM
baba,

Here is another one

Champions League T-20 (2008)
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=qxtj0Ytre7I

Rahman dancing :swinghead: :bluejump: :redjump:

Thalaivar walk & mike effect. Thundering beats & strumming guitar's. Awesome Visuals & Choreography :notworthy:

summa athiruthulla :thumbsup:

UNBLIVEBLE! :omg: :swinghead:
kalakaraye thalaiva! :lol: wooooooooo!savadi :D

sha
26th November 2008, 11:10 AM
guys add "&fmt=18" at the end of address for HD videos on youtube.

eg- http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=qxtj0Ytre7I&fmt=18

Scale
26th November 2008, 04:23 PM
I havent listened to Lord of the Rings fully. Few samples and you tube links only. Can someone enlighten me/us here?

Over to Thineshan :arrow: and others who listened to it from the torrents he uploaded sometimes back. Though its a collobrational work I feel ARR's association is imperative & laudable here to converse here.

Scale
27th November 2008, 01:22 AM
Some noteworthy comments on amazon.com (http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/product/B0010Y3C4Q/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful/280-0101534-4172737?_encoding=UTF8&coliid=&showViewpoints=1&colid=&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending) A must (re-)read for Fans.

thineshan54321
27th November 2008, 08:42 AM
I havent listened to Lord of the Rings fully. Few samples and you tube links only. Can someone enlighten me/us here?

Over to Thineshan :arrow: and others who listened to it from the torrents he uploaded sometimes back. Though its a collobrational work I feel ARR's association is imperative & laudable here to converse here.

hey scale, i bought lord of the rings cd (stereo and 5.1) and i even ripped 6 channel wav for u guys. imo, there were stunning melodies in the songs composed by ARR. also, the orchestration was classic stuff, the sounds were all real and it was refreshing without synth, tech sounds etc. it was just live orchestras and that was fresh. but the music was not hooky, it was slow, soulful, and heart touching. i was going crazy when it released and i slowly forgot about it. i think i am going to revisit it. but let me tell u something, the compositions were top standards in the musical world. i've been to a few musicals and the music of lord of the rings was no way less than those. some cases its even better than most musicals. give it a revisit and i am sure u/u guys will like love it. ill wiat till ghajini craze is over for me (fortunately or unfortunately this craze is gonna last a while). neways, great work from ARR imo. btw ARRs share in the album was more than any of the other composers. it was about 50%. he did the most important tracks also, he was the primary composer. vartinaa and nightingle were backing him up especially nightingle.

Scale
27th November 2008, 10:04 AM
Thank you Thineshan. If I am right, these are the following tracks by ARR.

prologue
the road goes on
the song of hope
star of earendil
lothlorien
the siege of the city of kings
the song of hope (duet)
wonder
the final battle
the song of hope (alternate version)

Any online link to listen to it? Not Rhapsody

Scale
27th November 2008, 10:09 AM
To add to this year, few more

Hyderabad Airport Song
Delhi Marathon

thamizhvaanan
2nd December 2008, 09:44 PM
Scale,

its a nice compilation you have done here. I would be tempted to list down the genres n type of songs he has covered in this year. I find it startling that, we even as listeners struggle to switch our tastes/mindset fast enough to enjoy the variety he has had to offer this year. for e.g, you cant listen to Jashn E bahaara with a mind tuned to enjoy Taxi Taxi song. It is absolutely baffling to imagine how he manages to switch his mindset to different genres, stories, directors and culture (Tamil, Hindi and Hollywood). Most MD's would be happy if they can do justice to one of these facets of song making. He excels in every aspects!! True genius!! :notworthy:

With such potpourri of projects in hand, it is only natural that his music contains elements from everywhere.. he neednt spend an effort to experiment :)

ajithfederer
2nd December 2008, 10:17 PM
True.

Scale,

its a nice compilation you have done here. I would be tempted to list down the genres n type of songs he has covered in this year. I find it startling that, we even as listeners struggle to switch our tastes/mindset fast enough to enjoy the variety he has had to offer this year. for e.g, you cant listen to Jashn E bahaara with a mind tuned to enjoy Taxi Taxi song. It is absolutely baffling to imagine how he manages to switch his mindset to different genres, stories, directors and culture (Tamil, Hindi and Hollywood). Most MD's would be happy if they can do justice to one of these facets of song making. He excels in every aspects!! True genius!! :notworthy:

With such potpourri of projects in hand, it is only natural that his music contains elements from everywhere.. he neednt spend an effort to experiment :)

Scale
20th December 2008, 10:21 AM
Ten Best Songs of 2008 : Rediff (http://specials.rediff.com/movies/2008/dec/19slide10-best-songs-of-2008.htm)

Pritam: For me, JTYJN is the music of the year (http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/08/dec/19-pritam-for-me-jtyjn-is-the-music-of-the-year-120803.asp)

Salim Merchant (http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/dec/16salim-merchant-on-rabne-music.htm) of Salim Sulaiman Duo

:notworthy:

thamizhvaanan
5th January 2009, 09:39 PM
Let us continue discussing here so that Delhi thread doesn't lose its track.

Tajmahal and Mudhalvan audio released in Sep/Oct 1999. Alaipayuthey in Feb 2000. KKKK was released on March 15 2000 8-)
Rhythm was also released around March/April right? It was the quintessential hit album setting and breaking sales records :cool:

ajaybaskar
5th January 2009, 09:42 PM
Rhythm just haunts me when i listen to it even today..esp nadhiyae and thaniyae...it brings out some good old memories..

Ramakrishna
5th January 2009, 09:45 PM
Rhythm just haunts me when i listen to it even today..esp nadhiyae and thaniyae...it brings out some good old memories..

Even the movie would have had great BGMs.

thamizhvaanan
5th January 2009, 09:46 PM

I was listening to Katrey en vasal. Thats when I remembered that it followed that period!

littlemaster1982
5th January 2009, 10:48 PM

Tajmahal and Mudhalvan audio released in Sep/Oct 1999. Alaipayuthey in Feb 2000. KKKK was released on March 15 2000 8-)
Rhythm was also released around March/April right? It was the quintessential hit album setting and breaking sales records :cool:

Rhythm was released around Sep/Oct 2000. ARR had four Thamizh releases that year (Alaipayudhey, KKKK, Rhythm & Thenali). Thenali is the weakest effort in that year. Not sure about Hindi albums that year. But for me 2000 is one of the best years ARR had :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
6th January 2009, 11:50 AM
KSR/ARR combo is not very attractive, atleast for me... Does anyone have the same feel?

Wibha
6th January 2009, 11:53 AM

:notworthy: and Anbe idhu nijamdhaana. WOW!!!!! ARR :notworthy:

united07
6th January 2009, 12:12 PM

Rhythm was released around Sep/Oct 2000. ARR had four Thamizh releases that year (Alaipayudhey, KKKK, Rhythm & Thenali). Thenali is the weakest effort in that year. Not sure about Hindi albums that year. But for me 2000 is one of the best years ARR had :thumbsup:

In hindi, that year we had Thakshak with Mujhe Rang De being a ordinary hit and Pukar was released too. Both had 1 tamil song reworked on each.

Scale
12th January 2009, 12:11 PM
Congratulations ARR :clap: :clap: Fabulous moment! :notworthy: Million Thanks to Danny Boyle & Team the success of the movie does all magic.

one more big to seize.... :yes:

Scale
23rd January 2009, 01:57 AM
[tscii:5dd4429a82]
Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Score

Nominees:

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008): Alexandre Desplat
Defiance (2008): James Newton Howard
Milk (2008): Danny Elfman
Slumdog Millionaire (2008): A.R. Rahman
WALL·E (2008): Thomas Newman

Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Song

Nominees:

Slumdog Millionaire (2008): A.R. Rahman, Gulzar("Jai Ho")
Slumdog Millionaire (2008): A.R. Rahman, Maya Arulpragasam("O Saya")
WALL·E (2008): Peter Gabriel, Thomas Newman("Down to Earth")
[/tscii:5dd4429a82]

:yes:

Scale
10th February 2009, 12:12 AM
BAFTA Best Music Award For A. R. Rahman

Congratulations AR :thumbsup: for BAFTA :clap: Go Go..

indha threada naan vidura maathiri illai

ajaybaskar
13th February 2009, 06:34 PM
Padmashri Mohanlal talks about AR Rahman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O76K11C_BnA&feature=related

ajaybaskar
14th February 2009, 09:00 PM
Breaking: M.I.A. gives birth to new baby, will she perform at the Oscars?

HitFix has learned from two independent sources that Hip-Hop artist M.I.A., who impressed many across the world by performing while pregnant on Sunday's Grammy Awards ceremony on her due date, has given birth. HitFix has reached out to Interscope Records for a comment, but has not recieved word at publication date. So, it is unclear whether M.I.A. has delievered boy or a girl, but more importantly:
Will she make her scheduled Oscar appearance?

Best known for her hit "Paper Planes," the UK rapper, and singer, who was born Maya Arulpragasam, is an Oscar nominee this year for her collaboration with A.R. Rahman on the "Slumdog Millionaire" Best Original Song nominee "O Saya."

M.I.A. had planned to perform at the ceremony in a mixmash medley that will also feature "Slumdog's" other nominee, "Jai Ho" and "Down to Earth" from "WALL-E." "Earth" songwriter Peter Gabriel made news earlier this week by bowing out of the production when he protested the short time his composition was getting in the show. A collective response of: "Who is Peter Gabriel?" was heard from coast to coast from under 30-year-old moviegoers at the announcement.

If M.I.A. decides not to perform -- and don't put it past her to try -- who will replace her in the show? Crazy ass Lil' Kim? Missy Elliott, Queen Latifah (also slated to appear during another show segment) or Eve? Could MC Lyte be making a comeback? Or, perhaps the
Academy will trek Ms. Dynamite or Lady Sovereign over from the U.K.? Or, maybe underexposed M.I.A. buddy Kayne West will take a shot at it?

One thing is for sure, don't count on double threat and Lonely Island collaborator Natalie Portman. She's busy.

ajaybaskar
14th February 2009, 09:14 PM
Thala on the top..

http://www.incontention.com/?page_id=4162

ajaybaskar
15th February 2009, 08:55 AM
ரஹ்மானுக்கு 'ராஜ' மரியாதை!

கேட்கிற ஒவ்வொரு செய்தியும் தேனாக இனிக்கிறது. ஸ்லம் டாக் மில்லியனர் படத்திற்காக நமது ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் பெற்று வருகிற விருதுகளும், பாராட்டுகளும், 'ஆஸ்கார் நமக்கே' என்ற எண்ணத்தை உறுதியாக்கி வருகிறது. கோல்டன் குளோப் விருதின் சந்தோஷ ஈரம் காய்வதற்குள்ளாகவே மேலும் ஒரு சாரல் அடித்த மாதிரி, பிரிட்டனின் உயரிய விருதான பாஃப்டா விருதை பெற்றிருக்கிறார் ஏ.ஆ.ரஹ்மான்!

இவரோடு சேர்ந்து ரசல் பூக்குட்டி என்ற கேரள தோழருக்கும் பாஃப்டா விருது கிடைத்திருக்கிறது. அவருக்கும் நமது வாழ்த்துக்கள். இந்த விருதுகளை பெரும் முதல் இந்தியர்கள் இந்த இருவர்தான் என்பதில் இந்தியராகிய நமக்கெல்லாம் பெருமை!

அதே நேரத்தில், நமது தமிழர்களின் எதிர்பார்ப்பும், பிரார்த்தனையும் நிறைவேற இன்னும் சில தினங்களே இருக்கிறது. ரஹ்மானுக்கு கிடைக்கப் போகும் ஆஸ்கர் விருது ஒவ்வொரு தமிழனும் பெருமைப்பட வேண்டிய ஒன்று.

பார்ப்போம்... இதற்கு பிறகாவது ரஹ்மானுக்கு தமிழ்நாட்டிலிருந்து கிடைக்க வேண்டிய 'ராஜ' மரியாதை கிடைக்கிறதா என்று!

ajaybaskar
22nd February 2009, 07:51 PM
2009 Oscars ‘LIVE’ on Star Movies!

Hollywood’s biggest names will gather at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles for the 81st Annual Academy Awards. Star Movies will televise the star-studded event ‘live’ on Monday, 23 Feb at 6.30 am (IST).

The primetime encore at 8.30 pm will include an exclusive, on-the-ground Red Carpet Special hosted by CHANNEL [V]’s Dominic Lau.

This year’s ceremony promises to be a memorable one with first-time host Hugh Jackman fronting the telecast.

'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button' is this year’s frontrunner with 13 nominations, including Best Picture, Best Director and a Best Actor nod for Brad Pitt. The Golden Globe-winning 'Slumdog Millionaire' scored 10 Oscar nominations and is in the running for Best Director, Best Adapted Screenplay and Best Picture.

The other contenders in the Best Picture category are the inspirational biopic, 'Milk', which landed eight nominations, the Holocaust drama 'The Reader', which scored five nominations, and the based-on-fact 'Frost/Nixon', which also earned five nominations.

In the Best Actor competition, Brad Pitt will face off against 'The Visitor’s Richard Jenkins, 'Frost/ Nixon’s Frank Langella, 'Milk’s Sean Penn and 'The Wrestler’s Mickey Rourke.

One of the closest contests will be in the battle for the Best Actress trophy. After winning a Golden Globe and BAFTA Award for her turn in 'The Reader', Kate Winslet is the odds-on favourite to take home the Oscar. But she faces stiff competition from Oscar winner Angelina Jolie ('Changeling'), awards darling Meryl Streep ('Doubt'), veteran actress Melissa Leo ('Frozen River') and Anne Hathaway ('Rachel Got Married').

This year’s nominations also honored Heath Ledger who received a posthumous Best Supporting Actor nomination for his role as The Joker in 'The Dark Knight'. Other contenders in the category are Josh Brolin ('Milk'), Robert Downey Jr. ('Tropic Thunder'), Philip Seymour Hoffman ('Doubt') and Michael Shannon ('Revolutionary Road').

Viewers can look forward to a change of pace this year with Australia’s Hugh Jackman taking over hosting duties. The Emmy-winning star promises the 2009 ceremony will be less formal and more fun than previous years. “We’re in the world of showbiz, and the Oscars have to be more show than business,” says the actor. “The fact that they’ve hired me is a sign they’re taking a different route.”

Will the feel-good fable 'Slumdog Millionaire' beat out the all-star cast of 'Benjamin Button'? Will Brad Pitt win his first Oscar? Will Kate Winslet finally take home a statuette after six Oscar norms?

When the envelopes are opened, be among the first to know who the winners are when Star Movies brings you the 81st Annual Academy Awards? ‘live’ on Mon, 23 Feb at 6.30 am (IST) with a primetime encore at 8.30 pm.

littlemaster1982
22nd February 2009, 09:47 PM
Is it going to be telecast in any other channels?

Scale
23rd February 2009, 10:27 AM
Congratulations ARR for 2 Oscars :clap: What an incredible year, Dreams on Fire :clap: :clap:

directhit
23rd February 2009, 10:29 AM
first (rather two) of many more to come 8-)