PDA

View Full Version : Duet Movies/ Radha Mohan / Abhiyum Naanum

ajithfederer
3rd December 2008, 09:43 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/trailer/9492.html

[html:79aef3a58e]
http://snapjudge.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/abhiyum_naanum_radha_mohan_prakash_raj_moser_baer_ duet_movies_kids.jpg
[/html:79aef3a58e]

Thirumaran
3rd December 2008, 09:48 AM
This one movie i expect a lot. :P Trailer la Prakashraj dialogues :thumbsup:

ajithfederer
3rd December 2008, 09:49 AM
TM,

Radha Mohan's third venture?? :huh:. Lets wish him a hatrick.

HonestRaj
3rd December 2008, 09:51 AM
TM,

Radha Mohan's third venture?? :huh:. Lets wish him a hatrick. Aaana moonu-sha irukaanga :shaking:

in between onnu flop aanadha nyabagam.. with Ravikrishna

Thirumaran
3rd December 2008, 09:52 AM
No Fourth.
Before..
Azhagiya Theeye
Ponniyin Selvan
Mozhi

sarna_blr
3rd December 2008, 09:52 AM
TM,

Radha Mohan's third venture?? :huh:. Lets wish him a hatrick. Aaana moonu-sha irukaanga :shaking:

in between onnu flop aanadha nyabagam.. with Ravikrishna

but the movie was very good :clap: :clap: ponniyin selvan :thumbsup:

sarna_blr
3rd December 2008, 10:01 AM
No Fourth.
Before..
Azhagiya Theeye
Ponniyin Selvan
Mozhi

biggest minus in PonniyinSelvan is music :sigh2: parama-mokkai songs :oops2:

interz
3rd December 2008, 05:36 PM
No Fourth.
Before..
Azhagiya Theeye
Ponniyin Selvan
Mozhi

actually his fifth, his first movie was Smile Please (1997).

sarna_blr
3rd December 2008, 06:35 PM
No Fourth.
Before..
Azhagiya Theeye
Ponniyin Selvan
Mozhi

:shock:

viraajan
3rd December 2008, 06:37 PM
No Fourth.
Before..
Azhagiya Theeye
Ponniyin Selvan
Mozhi

:exactly:
Good information. I dint know this :)

Here it is,

http://mynews.rediff.com/movies/2007/mar/05ssmozhi.htm

sarna_blr
3rd December 2008, 07:24 PM
smile please release aagalayaaa :cry: :cry2:

viraajan
3rd December 2008, 07:31 PM
smile please release aagalayaaa :cry: :cry2:

release aagadha padathukkaaga yen unga smile-a lose pandreenga :)

Smile please... :)

Nerd
3rd December 2008, 07:46 PM
Is that Kailash Kher massacring tamil in the trailer? :sigh2:

viraajan
3rd December 2008, 07:48 PM
Is that Kailash Kher massacring tamil in the trailer? :sigh2:

I dint see the trailer. But he has sung two songs in AN. :banghead:

VS yen ippadi aayittaru-nu theriyala..... Singer selection avar oralavukku perfect-a irupparu... :hammer:

crajkumar_be
3rd December 2008, 07:51 PM
VS yen ippadi aayittaru-nu theriyala..... Singer selection avar oralavukku perfect-a irupparu... :hammer:
:roll: VS munnavum ippadi thaane...w.r.t Thamizh pronunciation and singers...

viraajan
3rd December 2008, 07:53 PM
illa rajkumar,

recent-a his singer selections were really good. a good eg is RTS. Mozhi is another example. :)

Nerd
3rd December 2008, 07:57 PM
Thanks vir. VS had two good albums this year. The outstanding PS and good RTS. Looks like thirisAs been made to act in this. Have seen mozhi and parts of AT. Both were OK to good. Pamily movies..

viraajan
3rd December 2008, 08:06 PM
PS? :roll:

NOV
3rd December 2008, 08:09 PM
We will separate
We will join back

viraajan
3rd December 2008, 08:10 PM
Oh got it :)

That was last year :)

Nerd
20th December 2008, 02:49 AM
Behindwoods - 2/5
Sify - More negative than positive.

Anban
23rd December 2008, 02:07 PM
Saw this movie in pondy.. Its no way near mozhi. It has some good scenes. But its too cinematic and too much of sentiment. Almost like a vikaruman movie.. Irritating.. :sigh2:

Wibha
23rd December 2008, 02:16 PM
I liked the trailer and it looks good :? wanna watch it :roll:

Anban
23rd December 2008, 02:47 PM
Wi, you might like this movie.. It might be your story ..

Thirumaran
23rd December 2008, 02:49 PM
Wi, you might like this movie.. It might be your story ..

now i undertand, why it is Irritating for u :lol2:

Vivasaayi
23rd December 2008, 02:54 PM
its really surprising how people tolerate prakashraj.

annoying actor with the same type of emoting and dialogue delivery in all movies.

jothika,prakashraj - the reason why i avoided mozhi

Thirumaran
23rd December 2008, 02:55 PM

In mozhi he was definitely different from the normal ones.. extremely funny :rotfl:

sarna_blr
23rd December 2008, 03:01 PM

annoying actor with the same type of emoting and dialogue delivery in all movies.

MGR, Sivaji, Rajini, Kamal ellaarum ovvoru padaththukku ovvoru maadhiriyaa emote pannittirukkaanga/pannittirundhaanga :lol2: avanga-avangalukku endha style click'aagudhO adhayE continue panraanga :P

Anban
23rd December 2008, 05:24 PM
Prakash Raj has done very well in this movie.. We can tolerate this movie for his acting..

Vivasaayi
23rd December 2008, 05:59 PM

MGR, Sivaji, Rajini, Kamal ellaarum ovvoru padaththukku ovvoru maadhiriyaa emote pannittirukkaanga/pannittirundhaanga :lol2: avanga-avangalukku endha style click'aagudhO adhayE continue panraanga :P

sandhadi saakula kamalayum shivajiyayum sethuteenga..

HonestRaj
23rd December 2008, 06:05 PM

sandhadi saakula kamalayum shivajiyayum sethuteenga..

ella oru flowla varradhuthan..

Thirumaran
26th December 2008, 10:04 AM
Saw the movie on Wednesday evening in Mayajaal.
After reading negative responses, first thought of going to Silambattam or DS.
However at last decided to go for this. Once again Duet movies came with a very
good movie. Duet movies never fails and this also. (I know it a big POI :|)

The movie starts with the aged PrakashRaj sharing his experience with Prithvi who came to
park for his little girl baby. The first few dialogues they share about kids itself raises expectation
and i know this is my cup of tea.

Prakashraj steal the show. He was so natural with his emotions.
Pirantha muzhanthaya kai la thookum boathu varra paravasam,
Kuzhathaikku yaethaavathu onnunaa ennannu yoasanayae seyyaa pathathapadurathu,
Ponnu pattunnu yaethaavathu sonnathum vaadi poarathu,
Trisha Maapilla select pannitathaa sollomboathum, marriage nerunge nerunga avar padara uneasiness..
along with humor filled all over.. He was so good.

All the supporing characters from Trisha, Aishwarys, Thalavasal Vijay, the servant plus manager char,
everyone were apt choices.

One more big plus are the dialogues. Fun filled all over :thumsup:

Those 2 sardarji children :rotfl:

Songs and BGM :notworthy:

Negatives: :huh: I did not feel any such.

PR story fullaa solli mudichathum, naan innum evvalavo travel panna vaendi irukkunu yoshichu avighnaava
paarthaen.. the same was in the screen.. Prithviraj had the same look at his daughter. The success of
Radha Mohan lies there :thumbsup:

If u are a father of girl child u will definitely enjoy. I would say any young parent could enjoy the movie
for sure. For other too it is definitely worth a watch.

For me this is the best movie of the year. Clean family entertainer :yes: :thumbsup: I am going to
make changes in the hub nominations :mrgreen:

Anban
26th December 2008, 10:31 AM
Thiru- change the judgement :(

Thirumaran
26th December 2008, 10:38 AM
Thiru- change the judgement :(

en ponnu " i love u daddy sonnaalae" :huh:

btw, en oru vote naala oru changes um varaathu :wink:

P_R
26th December 2008, 10:56 AM
Saw Prakash Raj speaking in the trailer. Kind of uninteresting..

Thirumaran
26th December 2008, 11:03 AM
[tscii:508dac5256]One positive review :P

Duet does it yet again!

Even as women activist groups are crying themselves hoarse about the need to celebrate the girl child and luminaries like Kapil Dev are endorsing the importance, Prakash Raj adds further lustre to the subject with his ninth production Abhiyum Naanum (U) helmed by Radha Mohan. At a time when the anathema of female foeticide seems to be still extant, Abhiyum … which deals with the delight of having a daughter should make us rejoice!

Long ago there was this film called Thaai Pirandhal with Sharada in the lead, which was woven around the line that every time a child is born, a mother is also born. That’s the crux of Abhiyum … too, except here the dad replicates the mom.

The comparison, however, ends there. The Duet Movies-Radha Mohan combo has never disappointed viewers — the trend continues.Don’t look for formula here. You won’t find any. Mohan has already proved that he doesn’t believe in contrived twists and turns. Nor does he promise unrealistic duets and dances. True-to-life stories with minimum deviations are his forte and commendably, he sticks to his promising pattern.

When normal ups and downs in a family are being showcased naturally there’s very little room for mind-boggling action. Hence the risk of the screenplay turning prosaic does exist. Radha Mohan transcends the possibility most of the time, though you can’t help feeling that certain areas could have been tauter.

Dad Raghuraman (Prakash Raj) dotes on his daughter, Trisha (Abhi). It’s the mother (Aishwarya) who is balanced and practical. To Raghu, Abhi is forever a fledgling who has to be shielded. That her wings have grown and she would wish to take off on her own don’t occur to him to all. So when it does happen it isn’t easy for him to digest.

The story has all the potential to derail on to the beaten track of melodrama. Astutely Mohan doesn’t allow it to. Dialogue (Narayanan/ Subramanian; what happened to Viji?) is a worthy accompaniment to the proceedings. So you are foxed when among the beautifully filmed montage songs you witness Prakash’s theatrics in the ‘Azhagiya Azhagiya …’ number. Kumaravel’s four-liner (‘Chinnamma Kalyanam’) in the wedding scene appears redundant too.

Screenplay in flashback mode seems to be the trend these days. Raghu narrates his story to Sudhakar (Prithviraj), whom he meets during a morning walk, and the latter gets too absorbed in it. As they ‘walk the talk’ endlessly, there are times when you are worried about Sudhakar’s kid whom he had brought along! For a while the two seem oblivious to its absence!

‘Vaa Vaa …’ is simply scintillating — proof that Vidyasagar is very much in form. There’s first-time lens woman Preetha, experienced editor Kasi Viswanathan and artwork ace Kathir, who are part of the formidable technical team of Abhiyum Naanum.

When have people ever sought the actor in Trisha? Aren’t you glad Mohan has! It’s a dream role and the beauty breezes through it with sensitivity and grace. Prakash Raj practically lives the part. Aishwarya has always been an under-utilised actor. Here she does justice to her role with a vengeance.

You knew Kumaravel (Ravi, the household’s caretaker) was talented. He just needed the right platform — he gets it this time and glitters all the way! Ganesh Venkatram is paired with Trisha. Apt, you could say, yet more on the expression front would have been worth it. A noteworthy aspect of the characters is that each has a distinct trait — ‘Thalaivaasal’ Vijay, Sriranjani who plays his wife, Manobala, the friend, Jayashri (Kumaravel’s pair) the mischievous kids, Manmeth Singh … Such dignified, healthy fare is rare. Lap it up!

Abhiyum Naanum
Genre: Sentiment

Director: Radha Mohan

Cast: Prakash Raj, Trisha, Ganesh Venkatram

Storyline: Of a father for whom the daughter is everything, a mother who’s balanced, and the sensitive understanding daughter herself …

Bottomline: Watch it for its natural treatment

http://www.hindu.com/cp/2008/12/26/stories/2008122650030200.htm[/tscii:508dac5256]

equanimus
26th December 2008, 11:36 AM
The film is released in Bangalore today, I suppose. I don't know where though.

littlemaster1982
26th December 2008, 11:42 AM
The film is released in Bangalore today, I suppose. I don't know where though.

Nataraj, Ajantha - 10:30 AM, 1:30 PM
Innovative Multiplex - 1:00, 7:00, 10:00 PM
Poornima, Lavanya - 4:30, 7:30 PM
Sri Balaji - 6:00, 9:00 PM

P_R
26th December 2008, 11:44 AM
The film is released in Bangalore today, I suppose. I don't know where though. indha thadavaiyum unga aaL dhaan ezhudhiyirukkArA ?

littlemaster1982
26th December 2008, 11:48 AM
The film is released in Bangalore today, I suppose. I don't know where though. indha thadavaiyum unga aaL dhaan ezhudhiyirukkArA ?

No. He had already told that he wouldn't write for Duet Movies' productions.

Two new guys have written the dialogues. Per marandhu pochu :oops:

P_R
26th December 2008, 11:50 AM
No. He had already told that he wouldn't write for Duet Movies' productions.

Oh ! enna aachchu ?! Have they fallen out or something ?

littlemaster1982
26th December 2008, 11:52 AM
Prakash Raj and Viji had few problems while filming 'Vellithirai'. Viji had complained that he had no control over the film and Prakash Raj didn't cooperate.

He also said he finished the film just because he was committed and would never work with Prakash Raj again.

P_R
26th December 2008, 11:55 AM
haha....after all the honey dripping spiel in their movies about goodness of people, relationships etc :-)

littlemaster1982
26th December 2008, 11:56 AM
I already didn't have high regards for Prakah Raj and Viji's interview made me believe that I'm right.

complicateur
26th December 2008, 11:58 AM
haha....after all the honey dripping spiel in their movies about goodness of people, relationships etc :-)
Tom Hagen: This is business not personal. :)

equanimus
26th December 2008, 12:00 PM
Ha ha! "ippa sollu, yAru komban?"

equanimus
26th December 2008, 12:04 PM
No, as LM clarified. As a matter of fact, I didn't know that Viji wasn't involved in this film until I read the review that someone had linked to here. To me, this looked like an all-out mush-fest, with or without him. I presume that Radha Mohan's feel-goodness would be truly hitting the fan with this film.

P_R
26th December 2008, 12:08 PM
Mush I am able take nowadays - signs of ageing - I kinda 'liked' Santosh Subramaniam - while many in my settu did not.

But Prakash Raj talking in that soft (I am such a nice guy) voice of his in the trailer kind of put me off.

equanimus
26th December 2008, 12:15 PM
Prakash Raj and Viji had few problems while filming 'Vellithirai'. Viji had complained that he had no control over the film and Prakash Raj didn't cooperate.

He also said he finished the film just because he was committed and would never work with Prakash Raj again.
Oh, ok. (Promotion gOyindhA dhAnE?)

littlemaster1982
26th December 2008, 12:16 PM

Oh, ok. (Promotion gOyindhA dhAnE?)

Ellame gOyindhA :P

equanimus
26th December 2008, 12:54 PM
Mush I am able take nowadays - signs of ageing - I kinda 'liked' Santosh Subramaniam - while many in my settu did not.

But Prakash Raj talking in that soft (I am such a nice guy) voice of his in the trailer kind of put me off.
PR,
Yes, it's not like I'm averse to mush by principle, but there has to be something to sink one's teeth into. No one can accuse 'Santhosh Subramaniam' of being ambitious, but it did have a few things to talk about (much to my surprise).
On a different note, I must say, my curiosity with respect to the "who is Mani/Ramani?" question took shape when I saw 'veLLiththirai' which oddly had none of the "honey dripping spiel" that one has come to associate with Duet Movies.

P_R
26th December 2008, 01:08 PM
No one can accuse 'Santhosh Subramaniam' of being ambitious, but it did have a few things to talk about (much to my surprise). Exactly.

On a different note, I must say, my curiosity with respect to the "who is Mani/Ramani?" question took shape when I saw 'veLLiththirai' which oddly had none of the "honey dripping spiel" that one has come to associate with Duet Movies. But even in veLLiththirai, the being good to Gopika who dumped him, being empathetic to Prakash Raj who stole his life work - all that seem to be more than just his characterization. A typical overflowing milk of human kindness.

crajkumar_be
26th December 2008, 01:10 PM
"who is Mani/Ramani?"
:rotfl: That line is so funny every time i see/read it :lol:

equanimus
26th December 2008, 01:49 PM
But even in veLLiththirai, the being good to Gopika who dumped him, being empathetic to Prakash Raj who stole his life work - all that seem to be more than just his characterization. A typical overflowing milk of human kindness.
Is he not the one who leaves her first because he's not able to bear living under the overwhelming shadow of his wife? Even with Prakash Raj, it's euphemistic to say that he's empathetic to him. He's just convincing himself that working with Prakash Raj wouldn't be that disastrous an idea. Obviously, it's he who's trying to get a break. My point is not that 'veLLiththirai' isn't feel-good in any sense, but that there's no honey dripping here. (All these could have come directly from the Malayalam original, for all we know.)

All that said, I don't think the film (veLLiththirai) had enough (to use the same expression) to sink one's teeth into. That's the ironic part about my proposition. :)

complicateur
26th December 2008, 01:54 PM
equanimus: I haven't seen veLLithirai, but what you describe is present in the malayALam original.

P_R
26th December 2008, 01:57 PM
Is he not the one who leaves her first because he's not able to bear living under the overwhelming shadow of his wife?

:oops: naan avvaLO azhagA paathirukkEn

I vaguely remember he 'descends' to ride a cab etc. She leaves him so he could be independent and chase his dreams etc. Her leaving comes as a blow to him. I was woken up for popcorn somewhere in the middle of all this

Even with Prakash Raj, it's euphemistic to say that he's empathetic to him. He's just convincing himself that working with Prakash Raj wouldn't be that disastrous an idea.

No this is even before working with him. When he struggling, feeling down and out he tells Gopika : "indha maadhiri oru nilamaila dhaan kaNnaiyyA thirudittAn-nu ninaikkiREn" (sic)

As one of my friends used to say: "Gandhi peththa piLLai maadhiriyE pesuriyE da dei"

crajkumar_be
26th December 2008, 02:00 PM
I was woken up for popcorn somewhere in the middle of all this

:lol:

equanimus
26th December 2008, 02:28 PM
I vaguely remember he 'descends' to ride a cab etc. She leaves him so he could be independent and chase his dreams etc. Her leaving comes as a blow to him. I was woken up for popcorn somewhere in the middle of all this
Yes, that is what happens actually. I was quite confused myself, hence the question. (nAn idha vida azhagA pArththEn. Pirated version downloaded. I even skipped a few sequences the first time, I think.) But I think it's shown that he secludes himself enough from her with the decision to turn a cab driver. Anyway, it's more about the scar in the relationship than about who dumps who. What I'm saying is, yes, he's an idealist, but is far from being perfect. And it was actually refreshing to see someone portray an idealist in flesh and blood. The scene where he confesses that he's not able to live with her overwhelming presence in his life/career etc brings this out well.

Even with Prakash Raj, it's euphemistic to say that he's empathetic to him. He's just convincing himself that working with Prakash Raj wouldn't be that disastrous an idea.

No this is even before working with him. When he struggling, feeling down and out he tells Gopika : "indha maadhiri oru nilamaila dhaan kaNnaiyyA thirudittAn-nu ninaikkiREn" (sic)
Oh. Again I don't recall this scene properly. But he's also shown as someone who's so self-conscious as to say things like this -- to see things from KaNNaiyA's POV, etc. His friend Mustafa is someone from whom one can expect less self-conscious tirades against KaNNaiyA, not from Saravanan.

equanimus
26th December 2008, 02:45 PM
equanimus: I haven't seen veLLithirai, but what you describe is present in the malayALam original.
Complicateur,
Thanks. I thought so. Have to see that film. Heard many good things about it, especially about Sreenivasan's act.

srimal
27th December 2008, 04:23 PM
have seen abhiyum naanum...

despite all the not so nice reviews, i was impressed with the movie...

it is a sweet movie, almost a parenting manual, you come back out of the theatre with lots of memories....

first half is almost perfect, second half drags a bit, but you can tolerate it..

one thing i must mention here is ... Radha mohan is a slick movie maker fully adept at handling emotions.... he has used his own daughter in few of the scenes (as baby trisha and in the subham card)... he probably made it with her in his mind.. :D

Sanguine Sridhar
30th December 2008, 01:26 PM
very nice movie :thumbsup:

emotions-a konjam korachirundhaangana innum nalla irrundhirukum.

steveaustin
30th December 2008, 01:36 PM
Abhiyum Naanum goes international

After receiving critical acclaim in Tamil, Radha Mohan's Abhiyum Naanum will now be remade into Telugu. According to the sources close to the producer, a Telugu version of the movie is on the cards and will be kicked off soon. The Telugu version will also be customized based on the requirements of the Telugu market by adding or deleting certain scenes from the original version.

Director Radha Mohan is said to be busy with the Telugu remake. Besides, Abhiyum Naanum is also slated to be screened in the Berlin International Film Festival soon.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/dec-08-04/abhiyum-naanum-30-12-08.html

interz
1st January 2009, 05:01 AM
http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/reviews/review-abhiyum-naanum/

What a bad review, evanda ippidi eluthinathu...

:evil:

directhit
2nd January 2009, 07:33 AM
'appa interview la fail aayitta vera appa mathidalaama pa' :lol: - this line sort of says the way this movie progresses. Trying to infuse humour into most situations, which has sort of become a trademark with the Radhamohan movies so far, Abhiyum Naanum is not that bad an attempt. First half starts really well and I really wish there were more scenes with Prakash Raj and the little one - instead the kid grew up much too fast to my liking and with the second half moving at slower than snail pace I felt i could have watched Father of the Bride once again. The 'chithappa' guy of Azhagiya theeye was pretty good in this movie :lol: Prakash raj did a pretty good job. Vidyasagar kku ennachu :oops:

Sanguine Sridhar
4th January 2009, 05:55 PM
'appa interview la fail aayitta vera appa mathidalaama pa' :lol: - this line sort of says the way this movie progresses. Trying to infuse humour into most situations, which has sort of become a trademark with the Radhamohan movies so far, Abhiyum Naanum is not that bad an attempt. First half starts really well and I really wish there were more scenes with Prakash Raj and the little one - instead the kid grew up much too fast to my liking and with the second half moving at slower than snail pace I felt i could have watched Father of the Bride once again. The 'chithappa' guy of Azhagiya theeye was pretty good in this movie :lol: Prakash raj did a pretty good job. Vidyasagar kku ennachu :oops:

Andha scenes ellam konjam over-a irrundhaalum, that line is :rotfl:

jaiganes
4th January 2009, 08:13 PM
saw the movie - Only put off point is when the ex-beggar starts singing pathos and mouth sentimental dialogues. Overall very funny movie. It is a delight to watch Prakashraj on screen, his reactions and expressions are more than enough for a small movie like this. Trisha was disappointing and her role was also given much less scope. A small note has been expanded into a nice clean movie and kudos for Radha mohan. IMO he should keep on making movies like this much like Bala makes movies of his own style - because apart from them - there is no one else making such movies.

Thirumaran
5th January 2009, 08:50 AM
Trisha was disappointing and her role was also given much less scope.

ithulayae naama therinjikalaam, how brilliant the director is :mrgreen:

Jyothsna
12th January 2009, 08:20 PM
Nice movie..abi chinna ponna iruka varai romba nalla iruku,trisha vanthapuram ssssabba..vera yarayavathu potrukalam,ella scene layum ore expression.