PDA

View Full Version : MR || Connections | ARRs first private album in 11 years ||

Yathu
4th December 2008, 12:28 AM
"CONNECTIONS"

ARRs first private album in 11 years is going to realease this December on Nokia.

Source: arrahman.com

I really don't know what to expect from this album. There seems to be minimal promotion for it. If anyone has any information on this project, please post here.

Scale
4th December 2008, 12:45 PM
By nokia? Hope its not just a single track.

Yathu
5th December 2008, 01:32 AM
arrahman.com call it an album. :?

Ramakrishna
10th December 2008, 03:29 PM
Connections:
Track Listing:

1) Jiya se Jiya
2) Mann Chanda re
3) Kural
4) Silent Invocation A
5) Silent Invocation B
6 Silent Invocation C
7) Mylapore Blues
8) Himalaya
8) Mosquito

check out www.arrahman.com for CONNECTIONS track listing....
thanks to GOPAL SRINIVASAN (YG)

viraajan
10th December 2008, 03:31 PM
:redjump: :bluejump:

Hope this will be another SM :boo:

ajaybaskar
10th December 2008, 03:33 PM
when is it releasing?

viraajan
10th December 2008, 03:36 PM
Launch on 12th Dec :D :redjump:

http://www.arrahman.com/

Click on What's New on this page :D

SoftSword
10th December 2008, 08:09 PM
Connections:
Track Listing:

1) Jiya se Jiya
2) Mann Chanda re
3) Kural
4) Silent Invocation A
5) Silent Invocation B
6 Silent Invocation C
7) Mylapore Blues
8) Himalaya
8) Mosquito

check out www.arrahman.com for CONNECTIONS track listing....
thanks to GOPAL SRINIVASAN (YG)

The "Kural" is the rap version of Thirukkural rite...?
am curious enough for this track than anything else...
cos this would fall in the category of sensitive track...

ajaybaskar
11th December 2008, 11:51 AM
I dont think Kural has music by Rahman. He had already mentioned that the music was to be composed by Blaaze and he is just the producer.

ajaybaskar
11th December 2008, 01:54 PM
It is initially a Nokia-only release. A CD release will likely follow in the future.- "Gopal Srinivasan"

thineshan54321
11th December 2008, 09:20 PM
I dont think Kural has music by Rahman. He had already mentioned that the music was to be composed by Blaaze and he is just the producer.

i think produced in this sense means composing. produce is what is referred to composing in hollywood. but usually in an album, say vande mataram, ARR was the singer in most songs. here it is expected the same so ARR just clarified that he will not be singing but just producing (ie composing). so its still an arr composition.

Yathu
12th December 2008, 01:34 AM
Connections:
Track Listing:

7) Mylapore Blues

Gangsta Blues to Mylapore Blues :D

sibicalls
12th December 2008, 01:32 PM
guys check out the jiya se jiya song in arrahman.com.. Thalaivar in full form

SoftSword
12th December 2008, 01:46 PM
ya the song sounds good.... but very bad quality...

or....... is that how the sound sounds... ;)

A.ANAND
12th December 2008, 06:48 PM
[tscii:5a5b6e1f5f]Nokia blazes a new trail in music

India Infoline News Service / Mumbai Dec 12, 2008 17:48

Launch Nokia Connections, an exclusive music album for Nokia XpressMusic devices including the upcoming 5800 Xpress Music

Breaking new grounds on the mobile music front, Nokia has collaborated with India’s leading music composer - AR Rahman to launch the first of its kind music album, Nokia Connections, exclusively for its XpressMusic devices. Conceptualised by the legendary A R Rahman, the album has nine original compositions from the maestro, alongwith other eminent musicians such as Sukhwinder, ShivMani and Blaaze. The soul stirring compositions across music genres and languages such as Rajasthani, Punjabi folk, Hindi, Tamil lives true to the Nokia proposition of “Connecting People”.

Speaking on the occasion Vineet Taneja, Head GTM, Nokia India said, “Music on the move is, and will continue to be, an important element of the mobile experience. Nokia has blazed a trail for music on mobiles – from handset personalization via ringing tones to music consumption through integrated FM radios and MP3 support. Nokia’s music innovation continues as we offer more and more localized and relevant content to our consumers.

We share a very special and long-term relationship with Rahman and we have pioneered many innovative things together – the first vertical format video with ‘Pray for me brother’, the first remix contest for a Rahman song and now this exclusive album for the XpressMusic devices. We thank Rahman for participating in our journey of redefining mobile music.”

Elaborating on his association with Nokia, AR Rahman said, “I am very happy to join hands with Nokia for yet another industry first. The album, Nokia Connections is very close to my heart as we have taken inspiration from different walks of life to create nine soundtracks that establish the diversity of music.

“In today’s time a song like “Jiya se Jiya” becomes even more relevant as it gives the message of embracing everyone irrespective of their region, religion or language,” he added

The lead soundtrack from the Nokia Connections album is composed by AR Rahman. The music video of the track has been directed by the award winning Kanika Myer of BharatBala Productions. The track reflects different moods and genres of music bringing and tying them together into a beautiful composition. The music video will be released in association with Universal across all leading music channels in mid-December.

Some of other tracks from the Connections album include Mann Chandre, Kural, Mylapore Blues & Mosquito. The songs will be preloaded on Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, Nokia 5220 XpressMusic & Nokia 5320 XpressMusic from January, 2009.

[/tscii:5a5b6e1f5f]

raagas
12th December 2008, 07:42 PM
guys check out the jiya se jiya song in arrahman.com.. Thalaivar in full form

to be honest...I didnt like it. i felt it is unlike ARR in many aspects.

1. Music...it is not like ARR's innovative music
2. Actually i didnt like ARR doing all that jumping and shaking in video. ARR's videos look cool when they are sober..like Vandemataram or Pray for me Brother..where he is just there.. If he does all this, he might soon join the bandwagon of Himesh Rehsmiya (sorry for this blasphemous comparison..i am comparing only on the way he appeared on screen).

SoftSword
12th December 2008, 07:58 PM
i agree to ur point 2.

Yathu
13th December 2008, 12:11 AM
Jiya se Jiya sounds pretty cool. More percussive than the usual ARR track. Maybe Sivamani had a hand in this one? :D

Defo bad quality audio tho. Sounds like its skipping. Or is that how its meant to be as SoftSword asked earlier? :lol:

Im guessing this is the Punjabi folk/ bhangra song.

Yathu
13th December 2008, 12:17 AM
2. Actually i didnt like ARR doing all that jumping and shaking in video. ARR's videos look cool when they are sober..like Vandemataram or Pray for me Brother..where he is just there.. If he does all this, he might soon join the bandwagon of Himesh Rehsmiya (sorry for this blasphemous comparison..i am comparing only on the way he appeared on screen).

Yeah, I find it a lil akward too when ARR performs in this way. It feels slightly out of character.

But I guess this is because we're all used to seeing him so reserved and quiet. Maybe like his music, his dancing takes time to grow on you too. :D

Scale
13th December 2008, 01:29 AM
Please dont misinterpret VM, PFMB or Banyan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdEcNe0wrwU&feature=related)Theme all have been composed for national interest & brotherly love.

Whereas the concept here is "Music has the power to connect people" - Free Hugs and in T20 Anthem is for cricket campaign strictly for commercial benefits. IMO, both the videos are carefully done look ARR is always behind/with the mike and just encouraging the spirit. And as a composer/singer he has to do that atleast in the video. Where did he jump and shake man? like Daler! :lol:

now coming to point 1, Its again amiss. The audio itself a poor quality and we need to listen to the rest of the tracks to talk about ARR's innovation.

ARR clearly stated in that blogtalk interview Connections is not his next private album like VM as its rumoured (?) . When nokia approached with the concept he agreed to do few generic songs.

Jiya Se Jiya - Punjabi (only video version. nalla padirukkaru)
Kural - blaaze
Silent A,B,C - Meditation
Mylapore Blue - Fusion (ethnic percussions)
others - no mention

He also emphasized ppl to restrain from reviewing just by listening to the cheap MP3/s (poor quality) in laptop speakers.

Thats very sad indeed :(

raagas
31st December 2008, 04:33 PM
True.. My opinion was based only on that single song, which did not appeal to me. I am still hopeful about other numbers in that album.

A.ANAND
7th January 2009, 05:03 PM
A. R. Rahman Unveils Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
[Tuesday, January 06, 2009]
Music Wizard A. R. Rahman unveiled the latest cell phone from Nokia (5800 XpressMusic) today which also happens to be his 43rd birthday. The event that took place at the posh Park Sheraton hotel in Chennai showcased the capabilities of the latest model which is very music friendly.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/17163.html
'kural'present by blaaze

Guess_Me
7th January 2009, 06:30 PM
Someone posted a short review of Connections songs at ARR Y!G. He said he heard the whole album at a friend's new Nokia phone. He said Jiya Se Jiya is actually the worst song of the lot.

pure bliss
14th January 2009, 10:23 AM
thoughts on connections posted in arr yahoo groups

I got to listen to 'Connections' on a Nokia phone my colleague has
bought yesterday. I took it for an hour and listened to the album.
This review here are just my thoughts which i typed along as i
listened to the album. it is infact not review, but personal notes,
as thoughts came by when i was listening to it. Mind you, i listened
to it only once. Please dont treat this as review, but as mere
collection of thoughts.
>
> Himalaya - Raag Mohana..a single melody repeated many times...
>
> Jiya Se Jiya - a street folk song..sung by Karthik... song is full
of percussions..Not much impressive(my personal opinion), given the
usage of raw 'dappu' kind of percussions.
>
> Kural - Anthemic background with male & female chorus and tamil
sacred verses..proceeding to rap. A rap that is not hiphop or loud
but like rhyming poetry. Each holds unto its own. sounds like
MMG.good sound.
>
> Mann Chandre - Sukhwinder: Punjabi in language..but Pure ARR style,
ghatam, keyboards, bass guitar, phenomenal sound sense..it is a slow
song..soft on ears..heartwarming melody. Starts with female..then
Singh..and later chorus.. sitar strains..tabla joins.. one of the
best compositons..
>
> Mosquito - Saaarangi..tweaked a lot..using synthsizers..and also
overlaid with normal sounding saarangi..playing rajasthani melody..
ghatam rhythm. dug-dugi kind of instrument also heard, the drums.
String section..base guitar..chords..One of the best
instrumentals...coz it sounds earthy and electronic.Saarangi
stretched like hell.
>
> Mylapore Blues -
kanjira..ghatam..thavil..guitar..Morsing....piano. .in Jazz style..a
strange fusion..Guitar playing main tune.. Lot of Jazz-Blues
influence..as if a Saxophone melody has been taken and played on
guitar...
>
> Silent Invocation A - Tambura...Flute..No other instrument... a
melodic phrase played (sounds like Mohana again)... this track sounds
like a hindustani classical music track by Pt.Hari Prasad
chaurasia...but Not many nuances like pure classical. Probably ARR
listens to lot of classical and wanted to compose one in that genre.
>
> Silent Invocation B - Tambura..Flute..His favourite Sindhu
Bhairavi...exceptionally good, much like the above. 9 min track.
>
> Silent Invocation C - Flute..this tune sounds less classical and
more of film theme kind. Slow..bit poignant..
> These 3 reflect his personal taste..for slow-stirring music..a
music..which is both...introspectful and evocative...with minimum no.
of instruments.
>
> Overall, an album with wonderful sound texture.. Songs are
eclectic..could be personal preference.Most of the tracks are 6min-
9min in length which is wonderful.some tracks like Himalaya and
Silent Invocation C have a single melodic phrase played many times,
which could make one feel 'if only he improvised more'. While the
rest are completely improvised and sound innovative. And to add, it
is rare that an ARR album sounds more-than-impressive in the 1st
listening itself.
>
> This is one album which is like those Music Today range of albums,
very contemplative, tranquil (except jiya se Jiya) and soft. Must buy
for everyone who likes soothing music. The strategy to release this
wonderful album first on mobile and much later on cds is one @$#%$&%
*^$% strategy (pardon me for this), because this album deserves
immediate attention. I would rate it much above any recent work by
ARR (personal opinion). Lets hope it gets released soon

thineshan54321
15th January 2009, 04:34 AM
can someone extract it from mobiles?

rashid2raj
15th January 2009, 11:44 PM
can someone extract it from mobiles?

Yaa, that's what i thought too. Many are missing this album :?

raagas
16th January 2009, 01:42 PM
I wish someone extracts tracks using some software..and let the extraction be of 'compromising quality' so that when the cd releases, we can grab the original copy.

For now, the need of the hour is listening to the tunes instead of the technical aspects or recording class.

Techies out there..please connect this mobile to a computer and use a software which records 'streaming audio' and post the tracks please. It is a phenomenal album. i heard it (only)once.

thineshan54321
17th January 2009, 02:47 AM
I wish someone extracts tracks using some software..and let the extraction be of 'compromising quality' so that when the cd releases, we can grab the original copy.

For now, the need of the hour is listening to the tunes instead of the technical aspects or recording class.

Techies out there..please connect this mobile to a computer and use a software which records 'streaming audio' and post the tracks please. It is a phenomenal album. i heard it (only)once.

please extract in wav. the quality when extracted from a cell phone is already bad because of the type of mixing done on cell phones due to a lack of bass. so if you comprimise on quality while extracting, it will be terrible. kind request.

dinesh2002
20th January 2009, 06:24 PM
the singer in Kural is by Gomathi Shree right???

rashid2raj
20th January 2009, 08:14 PM

please extract in wav. the quality when extracted from a cell phone is already bad because of the type of mixing done on cell phones due to a lack of bass. so if you comprimise on quality while extracting, it will be terrible. kind request.

Mix on cellphone? what do you mean? Isn't the album just put on the cellphone memory, just as mp3's or what?

SoftSword
20th January 2009, 08:17 PM

dinesh this is too much...
u know how many souls here are waiting listen even pieces of those songs... u bugger royally asking doubts after listening to the songs... dont u feel so bad for us here ?? :( :cry:

rashid2raj
20th January 2009, 08:24 PM

dinesh this is too much...
u know how many souls here are waiting listen even pieces of those songs... u bugger royally asking doubts after listening to the songs... dont u feel so bad for us here ?? :( :cry:

:cry2:

Guess_Me
20th January 2009, 08:24 PM
Mix on cellphone? what do you mean? Isn't the album just put on the cellphone memory, just as mp3's or what?
No, it is in DCF format, an encryption system developed by Open Mobile Alliance consisting of Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, Samsung, Siemens etc...The file is protected and only the phone with which the songs came, can play it. There are some "320 kbps" MP3s on the net now, but those are probably just recorded on a PC via it's Line-in port using a stereo-to-stereo cable connected to the mobile's headphone jack. So you know the quality isn't really 320 or for that matter even 192.

But if you just want to listen, grab it from some torrent sites like themediasite.net. Or may be dinesh can upload for you.

dinesh2002
20th January 2009, 08:36 PM
ohhh im so sorry...i thought i was the last to listen to the songs... as i never bought the phone or have any frens with that phone... haha...

here is the link :

http://desiramp.com/download/2008/conne.html

SoftSword
20th January 2009, 08:44 PM
ohhh im so sorry...i thought i was the last to listen to the songs... as i never bought the phone or have any frens with that phone... haha...

here is the link :

enga vayatthula beer'a vaarttha!!

thineshan54321
20th January 2009, 08:54 PM

the tracks were optimized for cell phone speakers. cell phone speakers lack bass like a desktop speaker and so the tracks were optimized to be heard very nicely on cell phones.

ajaybaskar
20th January 2009, 11:48 PM
Thanx,Dinesh...

Mann Chandre is gr8... Was liking listening to ARR in his early days..

Scale
21st January 2009, 01:06 AM
[tscii]Zillion Thanks Dinesh! And you are absolutely right.

I have just listened twice. Having retooled all his works Probably this is the best soundtrack ever heard by us or to even exaggregate… in Indian Music or composed by any Music Director. Trust Me!

Have patience, I seriously mean it! If you really have the patience to listen to an instrumentals of 8 - 9 mins Then you will identify the intricacies, sheer briliance, variety and greatness of this soundtrack. The variety he has showered us is nonperiel a punjabi folk, a devotional no, a kural diction/rap translation & 6 fabulous instrumentals. Silent Invocation A,B,C Flute versions are total therapy to all disquieted life. Whereas Mylapore Blues (classical fusion) , Himalayas (piano) & Mosquito (sarangi - again 9 mins) are fresh, innovative and breath-taking compositions & a musical theology for all aspiring musicians. Incredible Soundtrack!! 10/10

I have a personal longstanding wish. ARR’s Maa Tujhe Salam :notworthy: That will be the best moment for ARR & all his fans. Lets keep our fingers crossed…..

Scale
21st January 2009, 01:16 AM
ARR said "Connections" is very close to his heart. Only such private works gives him creative freedom.

How True! Thanks NOKIA-My old friend :wink:

sha
21st January 2009, 09:16 PM
here is the link :

thanks dude

prasana84
21st January 2009, 10:32 PM
here is the link :

thanks dude
thanq but music innum ulla pogala... :(

Ramakrishna
23rd January 2009, 10:18 PM
Mosquito from Connections...

This album beats Dilli 6 easily for me

Thanks a lot Dinesh for sharing it.

Scale
29th January 2009, 01:35 AM
[tscii:bf8656f596]Wholly 'Connected' :D Spellbinding Music!!! Thrown back ---This album is full of soul and com-passion composed with ultimate care. Even jiya se jiya with monotonic bhangra beats cannot be expensed. ARR's vocals & humming is salving. Man Chand re is divine. Excellent & soulful rendition by both singers and chorus as well. Singh vocalizes like a far-famed pandit. I would love to understand the lyrics. Silent invocation A B C is deeply mesmerizing that ARR let Naveen to take absolute control. There isnt much orchestration with just flute and tambura build up the meditation, lengthy tracks. Inv B is highly reminiscent of Man mohana flute version. Mylapore blues has funky Jazz mixed with ethinic instruments. Himalayas is short and sweet ARR on keyboard and flute plays ball. My Favourite is Mosquito! LOL What a bizarre title. And that’s represented in a singular form. Does a single “sarangir” mosquito? cause flagitious damage. 9.08 minutes yes it did! With such stupendous track list ARR/Blaaze' brings a polemical take of kural in mild rap. What a start “indriamaiyaa sirappinai”.

ARR's Best :yes: :exactly: :ty:

Its really saddening such an incredible album have been marketed very badly and it haven’t caught even ardent music listeners yet.[/tscii:bf8656f596]