PDA

View Full Version : TFM events

R.Latha
15th December 2008, 01:28 PM
Wedding bells for singer Krish and Sangeetha

Singer Krish who is gaining popularity by the day is all set to marry actress Sangeetha in the month of February, 2009. According to sources the couple has been in love for a long time. As every love affair by Kollywood personalities gets grossly exaggerated from time to time theirs too has been subject to a lot of speculation.

When they had gone to Tirupathi to take part in a friend's marriage ceremony, rumor mills worked overtime stating that they had got married secretly. Both Krish and Sangeetha had to deny this at that time. However, it is true that they are in love and that they are getting married with the consent of both families.

R.Latha
6th January 2009, 02:54 PM
சப்போஸ்... உன்ன காதலிச்சா...'' - பக்கென்று பற்றிக்கொள்ளும் பாஸ்பரஸ் வாய்ஸில் ரசிகர்களுக்கு அறிமுகமாகி, `பூமிக்கு வெளிச் சமெல்லாம்', `கிட்டே நெருங்கி வாடா' `பாலக்காட்டு பக்கத்திலே ஒரு அப்பாவி ராஜா' போன்ற ஹிட் பாடல்களின் பாடகி வினயாவுக்குத் திருமணம். சிரிப்புக் குயிலை திருமணம் செய்திருக்கும் அதிர்ஷ்டசாலி கார்த்திக்ராஜன். வழக்கறிஞர். வினயா பாடும்போது அழகாய் தலையாட்டி ரசிக்கிறார்.

`அப்ப எல்லாத்துக்கும் தலையாட்டத் தயாராகிட்டீங்க?' புதுப்பட ஹீரோ போலிருந்த கார்த்திகை கலாய்த்தோம்.

``நல்ல விஷயங்களுக்குத் தலையாட்டினா தப்பில்லையே சார். நல்லது செய்யும்போது தட்டிக்கொடுத்தும், சிக்கலான நேரத்துல ஒருவருக்கொருவர் விட்டுக்கொடுத்தும் வாழ்றதுதான் சார் வாழ்க்கை'' என்று வினயாவிற்கு வாதத்தால் வக்காலத்து வாங்கினார், வக்கீல் கார்த்திக்.

`எப்படி ரெண்டு பேரும் மீட் பண்ணீங்க? காதல் கல்யாணமா?'

``பெரியவங்க பார்த்து நிச்சயித்த கல்யாணம் இது. ஆனால் இதில் காதலும் உண்டு. பொண்ணு பார்க்க வந்தப்பவே நமக்கு இவர்தான்னு முடிவு பண்ணிட்டேன்.'' என்கிறார் வினயா.

``ரெண்டு பேரும் சேர்ந்து `பொய் சொல்லப் போறோம்' படம் பார்க்கப் போனோம். அப்ப வினயாவைப் பற்றி ஒரு உண்மையைத் தெரிஞ்சுகிட்டேன். பாப்கார்ன் வாங்கினா யாருக்கும் தராமல் சாப்பிடுவாங்க. ஷேர் பண்ணிக்கிறது பிடிக்காதாம். நானும் இப்ப தருவா அப்ப தருவான்னு காத்திருந்து, பிறகு நானே தனியா ஒரு பாப்கார்ன் வாங்கிக்கிட்டேன்'' என்கிறார் கார்த்திக்ராஜன்.

``கோவிச்சுக்காதீங்க... அடுத்த தடவை பாப்கார்ன் தர்றேன்'' என்று வினயா செல்லமாய்ச் சிணுங்கினார்.

`உங்கள் இனிமையான குரல்தான் அவரை உங்ககிட்ட சேர்த்துச்சா?'

``நான் பாட்டுப் பாடுறதால மட்டுமே என்னை அவர் கல்யாணம் செய்துக்கலை. அதையும் மீறி ஏதோ ஒண்ணு ரெண்டு பேரையும் இணைச்சது. நான் பாடிய முதல் பாட்டு ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் மியூசிக்ல ஹிந்தியில `சின்னம்மா சிலக்கம்மா' பாட்டுதான். ஆனா `சப்போஸ் உன்ன காதலிச்சா'ங்கிற சுக்ரன் பட பாட்டு ஹிட் ஆயிடுச்சு. இப்படி நாம எதிர்பாராத விஷயம் நடக்குறதுதான் வாழ்க்கை. இதுல கணவன் மனைவி ரெண்டு பேருமே எந்த எதிர்பார்ப்புமே இல்லாமல் வாழ்ந்தால்தான் சார் ஆயுள் வரைக்கும் சந்தோஷம் நீடிக்கும். அந்த வகையில நான் கொடுத்து வைச்ச பொண்ணு'' என்று பாந்தமாய்ச் சிரித்த வினயாவை கட்டிக் கொண்ட கார்த்திக், ``இல்ல நான்தான் அதிர்ஷ்டக்காரன்'' என்றார்.

இது போதும் இவர்கள் வாழ்க்கை இனிக்க!.

http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2008-12-31/pg35.php

R.Latha
2nd February 2009, 02:58 PM
Sangeetha, Krish enter wedlock
IndiaGlitz [Sunday, February 01, 2009]

The who's who of Tamil cinema including director Bala, music composer Gangai Amaran and actresses Mumtaz and Lakshmi Rai attended the wedding of noted actress Sangeetha and playback singer Krish held at Thiruvannamalai Sri Arunachaleswarar Temple on Sunday.

Sangeetha, had shot to fame acting in films including Pithamagan and Uyir, while Krish sung for songs in films including Unnale Unnale and Pachai Kili Muthucharam. The two were in love for sometime. Actresses Rahasiya, Maheswari, directors Vijay, Ravi, producer S P B Charan, actors Pandiarajan, Jeeva and actor Jeeva among others took part.
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/44703.html

R.Latha
10th March 2009, 01:25 PM
[tscii:3aa9d30179]ளற்ள்ஸ்ரீண்ண்ன
பாடலாசிரியர் ப்ரியனுக்கு நாளை திருமணம்

சென்னை, மார்ச் 6: தமிழ்த் திரைப்பட பாடலாசிரியர் ப்ரியனுக்கும் சென்னை எஸ்.ஆர்.எம். பல்கலைக்கழகப் பேராசிரியை ரம்யாவுக்கும் ஞாயிற்றுக்கிழமை திருச்சியில் திருமணம் நடைபெறுகிறது. இது காதல் திருமணம்.

‘அஞ்சாதே', ‘காதலில் விழுந்தேன்', ‘அ ஆ இ ஈ', ‘த.நா.07-அல.4777' உள்பட 35-க்கும் மேற்பட்ட திரைப்படங்களில் பாடல்கள் எழுதியுள்ள ப்ரியன், தற்போது ‘வேட்டைக்காரன்', ‘ரசிக்கும் சீமானே', ‘நினைத்தாலே இனிக்கும்', ‘கதிர்வேல்' உள்ளிட்ட 10 படங்களில் பாடல்கள் எழுதி வருகிறார்.

ப்ரியன்-ரம்யா திருமண வரவேற்பு நிகழ்ச்சி, வரும் 15-ம் தேதி சென்னையில் நடைபெறுகிறது.

[/tscii:3aa9d30179]

R.Latha
18th March 2009, 01:37 PM
[tscii:7c721070dd]A.C. Shanmugam’s son’s grand wedding
[Tuesday, March 17, 2009]

Chancellor of MGR University, AC Shanmugam arranged a grand wedding ceremony for his son Arun Kumar. The venue was studded with a host of celebrities attending the wedding to bless the newly weds.

The grand auditorium was stunningly decorated that housed more than 1000 guests at a time.

The celebrity guests list includes K Balachandar, AVM Saravanam, Kamal Haasan, Transport minister, TR Balu, Prabhu, Manoj and his wife, Vaiko, Parthiban, Radhika, Manivannan, Bharathiraja amongst other prominent political personalities.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/17792.html

[/tscii:7c721070dd]

R.Latha
18th March 2009, 02:25 PM
Jayam Ravi's wedding date announced!
March 17, 2009

Wedding bells will ring for the actor shortly and the much awaited wedding date has been fixed. The marriage will take place on June 7th at Ramanathan hall. Finally the dates are out, Jayam Ravi and Aarthi are all set to become man and wife. Aarthi is the daughter of popular television producer, Vijayakumar who had also produced the film Veerappu with Sundar C in the lead. The bride-to-be holds a management degree from Switzerland.

Jayam Ravi

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/mar-09-03/jayam-ravi-17-03-09.html

R.Latha
19th March 2009, 11:04 AM
[tscii:a22981e263]Recently our beloved Aachi of the Tamil filmdom launched the audio of ‘Naal Natchatram’. During the event she also wished the entire team of ‘Naal Natchatram’ to fare well. The event was held at the Devi Sri Devi Theatre. Many top directors and actors were present for the function.

At the same time Manorama also expressed concern over the attitude of certain heroes and their fees that is always ascending. Speaking on ‘Naal Natchatram’ the actress said this is a low-budget film, but one worth watching.

Speaking on the high-budget films that are churning out of Kollywood the actress said it has become a fad to make big-budget films investing crores of rupees. On an ironical note the actress added that though the population of the state was just six crores the heroes were demanding seven to eight crores or even more.

The veteran actress sent a plea to the heroes asking them to act in films with small budgets and there by help the producers do good films.

We hope the “heroes” are listening!

Watch Now - Manorama Releases 'Naal Natchathiram' Audio

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/45585.html[/tscii:a22981e263]

R.Latha
19th March 2009, 11:20 AM
[tscii:879f72a7ed]Director’s daughter weds
March 19, 2009

Director and actor T P Gajendran’s daughter Dhanalakshmi and Jeyakumar walked down the aisle yesterday, March 18, 2009. The reception that was held in the evening at the TNHB Anna Community Center opposite to Udayam Theatre attracted a host of celebrities from Tamil cinema. Of the invitees who attended the event included Vivek and family, director KS Ravikumar, producers AVM Saravanan, KRG and Rama Narayanan, Santhanam, Sharath Kumar, Bhagyaraj and family, Senthil and Goundamani, Monicka, S V Shekar and Editor Mohan.

reception
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/mar-09-03/t-p-gajendran-19-03-09.html[/tscii:879f72a7ed]

R.Latha
19th March 2009, 11:46 AM
Sridevi Wedding Engagement - Images here

http://www.behindwoods.com/hindi-tamil-galleries/sridevi-engagement/index.html

R.Latha
24th November 2011, 12:58 PM
Tamil Sangam’s mega event to be held tomorrow

Muscat: Tamil Sangam, the Tamil linguistic wing of the Indian Social Club, Muscat, is all set to host the mega event Geetham Sangeetham tomorrow at the City Amphitheatre, Qurum.

Saadhaka Paravaigal, a renowned musical troupe from Chennai, will be scoring the music and leading singers Karthik, Suchithra and Saindhavi will be performing live on stage to a packed audience.
All these three popular play back singers have sung hit songs in the Indian film industry in the recent times and have many popular songs to their credit.
Two of the stalwarts of Tamil cinema industry, ‘Thenisai Thendral Kalaimaamani’ Deva and ‘Kalaimaamani’ L. R. Easwari will be honoured with Lifetime Achievement Awards during this event for their stupendous service to the music industry.

Deva, a renowned music composer and singer, has thousands of songs to his credit. He is also the president of the Iyal Isai Naadaka Mandram based in Chennai. L R Easwari is a renowned playback singer and is known to captivate audiences with her excellent voice. She has thousands of songs to her credit. The programme will be anchored and filled with humour by Shiva Karthikeyan of Vijay TV fame, who is all set to mesmerize the audiences.

The wing conducts various activities based on cultural, social, sports and literary themes like, dance, art, music, sports, debate, quiz, fancy dress, elocution and much more fun and development activities, in which a large number of members and their families participate.

The wing conducts regular programmes and events on monthly basis which attracts huge audiences from all walks of life. Prominent personalities such as Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, Late Sujatha, Late Poornam Viswanathan, Kaviperarasu Vairamuthu, Mano, Sujatha, Aachi Manorama, S.P. Balasubramaniam, Chithra, Mandolin Srinivas and Rajesh, Pushpavanum Kuppusamy, Anitha Kuppusawy, and B.H.

Abdul Hameed among others have attended as chief guests at different functions and programmes organised by the Sangam at different times.

http://www.timesofoman.com/innercat.asp?detail=52248

R.Latha
25th November 2011, 02:20 PM
Rahman promises a musical therapy

Nov 25, 2011

DUBAI // The Indian music maestro, AR Rahman, says music is therapeutic, and has promised his fans a celebration of songs at a concert scheduled for next month.

The famous music composer was at the Armani Hotel in the Burj Khalifa yesterday to promote the event, which will take place on December 9 at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium in Dubai Sports City.

"For me, music is therapy," Rahman said at a press conference during a day-long visit to the emirate. "People say they get a lot of peace when they listen to some of my songs. They always speak of the love songs from Roja."

The haunting melodies and score from Rahman's first movie Roja (Rose) in 1992 are still considered his all-time best by fans across the world. The Tamil-language film was a huge hit and was later dubbed in Hindi and three other Indian languages.

Rahman, 45, has composed the score for more than 100 Indian movies. He has won two Oscars, a Bafta and a Golden Globe two years ago for his soundtrack to the multi award-winning Slumdog Millionaire, directed by Danny Boyle.

He will be the youngest recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Dubai International Film Festival next month.

Despite all the hoopla surrounding him, the soft-spoken musician said he tries to stay focused on his music.

"I'm honoured but I never bother about all this," he said. "I bother about the song, what do we have to do with the music, how it's got to be done. That is my priority."

He promised fans that his Dubai concert would include hit songs from down the years.

Rahman will be joined on stage by singers Mohit Chauhan, Javed Ali, a singer from the latest Bollywood film Rockstar, and well-known musicians such as Sivamani.

"It will be a concert of a celebration, it's a concert of love and the main language is the music," he said.

The songs will draw from a range of Rahman's songs in Indian languages including Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu and English.

Yesterday, Rahman also spent the afternoon selecting a singer who would croon with him on the stage in December. Ten finalists were chosen from more than 400 entries of a competition encouraging participants to "Sing Like a Star with AR Rahman". They performed the song Phir Se Ud Chala or Up Again it Flew from the movie Rockstar before their idol.

The winner of the singing competition was Jibran Raheel, 23, who works with a Dubai-based courier company. He said it was a big jump from the singing competitions in which he had participated in Pakistan.

"He is a living legend," Raheel said. "This is beyond my wildest dream because I'm basically a bathroom singer. I never ever thought I would have the opportunity to sing before him."

Another contestant was Rashmi Vijayan, 24, a freelance media professional. "This is more than a dream come true for me," Vijayan said. "I've been picturing this day from the time I was a child; to sing before him is unbelievable. I'm just so excited to meet my musical god."

Rahman's popularity also stems from the fusion in his music that blends the classical with folk, hip hop and soul music.

He worked with the composer Andrew Lloyd Webber in 2002 on the musical Bombay Dreams on London's West End.

Known for collaborations with international artists, Rahman recently released a song with Rolling Stone legend Mick Jagger called Satyameva Jayate or The Truth Triumphs. This was their second single together as part of a group called the SuperHeavy, which also features musicians such as Dave Stewart, Joss Stone and Damian Marley.

"SuperHeavy was a great experience," he recalled. "I had Mick Jagger singing Satayameva Jayate in Sanskrit, what more can I say."

He remembers a concert in Dubai in 1997-98 being one of his best.

"It was one of my first concerts," Rahman said. "People were holding up lights. It was the most memorable concert I ever had. I still have a vision of the whole thing."

The AR Rahman - Live concert will be held at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai Sports City on December 9.