PDA

View Full Version : Weapon of Ball Destruction - [[-¤--^ V I R U ^--¤-]]

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

littlemaster1982
23rd January 2010, 02:27 AM
The Hitman (http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/celebwatch/The-Hitman/Article1-497730.aspx)

The oldest memory Virender Sehwag has of his childhood is a borrowed one. “My mother tells me that when I was one or two years old, I would calm down once a bat or a ball was given to me. I would cry for hours if my wish was not fulfilled,” he says.

In Sehwag’s narration of his mother’s memory, lies a belief that he may have been destiny’s child, born to dominate the cricketing world one day.

His journey from Najafgarh, a nondescript, dusty suburb of Delhi, to the cricket arenas of the world – and comparisons with such greats as Don Bradman and Viv Richards – should be a scriptwriter’s delight. And Sehwag knows it. “Is pey to hit film ban sakti hai (it can be the subject of a successful film),” he comments, recalling the past that shaped his present.

Sehwag’s forefathers came to Najafgarh from Chutani village in Haryana, where they owned 50-100 acres of farming land. The decision to shift closer to Delhi was his Tauji’s (father’s elder brother). “He was the first graduate in my family and in the absence of any educational and other vocational facilities in the village, he felt the need to be in a place which could fulfill these twin needs, not for him alone but for the entire clan as well,” says Sehwag.
It was a joint family, around fifty of them, living in a six-bedroom flat. They were ‘arhthias’ (people who live by making a commission out of buying and selling farm produce) and cricket was the last thing they had seen. Sehwag was born in 1978 and by the time he was around 10, playing cricket with his friends in the galli had become his only passion in life.

Today, that passion has allowed him to own two floors and a basement of a multistorey apartment in Delhi’s posh Hauz Khas locality – a small investment from the millions he has made through being India’s top player. But the memories of those early days flash through his mind as easily as though he were recounting his most recent, outstanding batting exploits.

As a batsman he has no peers. He is one of a kind. His technique – or the lack of it – is now being revisited to learn what kind of method there is in his madness. His attacking predatory instinct has made a mockery of the best bowlers and his phenomenal run-making ability has left even his worst critics speechless. It won’t be misplaced to say that Sehwag has ushered in a batting revolution, forcing us to review the fundamentals of batsmanship. And this in an era that has already given us technical masters like Sachin Tendulkar and Ricky Ponting and an exceptional stroke-maker like Brian Lara. Where and how did this man learn what the coaching manuals discard, and yet make a success of it?

Basic training
TV was almost out of bounds for the Sehwag kids. They weren’t allowed to watch anything but the news. So cricket in the galli was played without any idea of what the right technique was. When Sehwag was around 13-14, he was allowed to watch live images of the 1992 World Cup, his first contact with the real cricketing world.

“I would watch from early morning, rush to school for my 7th standard exams, do my paper in half an hour and be back in front of the telly,” he says. His parents were angry but could do little about it. Even then, he managed to pass his exams, but cricket had become his soulmate.

There was one cricket academy in town but coach Shashi Kale usually refused to admit ‘bachchas’. But the news of Sehwag’s hitting ability soon spread, and finally he was training with players much older than he. He was a lower order batsman and the matches they played ranged from a 10-over-a-side game to 16-over-a-side. He was trained on the philosophy that ‘no ball is meant to be wasted,’ and Sehwag became a brute striker of the ball as much by chance as by design. Defence had no place in his batting armoury and when, much against the expectations of his parents, he passed his Class X Board exams, he was set free to pursue his dream.

He had entered the most crucial phase of his life and the turning point came when Kale took him to coach A N Sharma’s academy in Vikaspuri. The visit to the academy was also the first time that Sehwag set foot in Delhi. The relationship between Sharma and Sehwag is perhaps the most significant, not just to his career but to the cricketing world as well.

“He (Sharma) was not someone who would tamper with a player’s natural ability,” says Sehwag. “He realised that I had this tremendous ability to hit the ball, even if my methods were not straight from the textbooks. He let me be and worked on my strengths.” Even now, Sehwag is grateful to the man who fortified him against the tough challenges ahead. Today, he dismisses the best of balls without troubling his feet much, but the world does not know how much training has gone into perfecting these strokes.

“Sharmaji laid great emphasis on my achieving the right balance while playing my shots, especially the transfer of weight from back to front. His methods of correcting my mistakes were very innovative. For instance, I used to drag my back leg while driving the ball. He tied a string to my leg, and stood behind the wickets while I was batting, holding the string. If I dragged my leg, he would hold the string tight, not letting me do so.”

There was another major flaw. Sehwag’s back lift came down from the point region. A pole was erected in front of the off stump and whenever the bat went in the direction of point, it would strike the pole. Sehwag’s trainer was a man who knew what he was doing and in the process, Sharma honed a raw talent (without compromising on natural ability) into a rare gem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Learning to fly

Sehwag’s cricketing prowess increased, but not his luck. For two consecutive years, he appeared in the Delhi and District Cricket Association’s (DDCA) trials for the Under-19 team, only to be shooed away.

“I would get a couple of balls to face in the nets and then be told to pack up,” he recalls. The journey by bus from Najafgarh to Kotla was a long and arduous one and Sehwag gave up. He would have been lost to the world had another Sharma not played a significant role in finding him a place in the Delhi junior side.

Nelu Sharma, an important member of the DDCA, recognised his talent and gave him a chance to play for his team, the Madras Club, against the full might of the Delhi team. “I knew it was my last chance to prove myself. It was as if I had been waiting all my life for this one opportunity,” says Sehwag. In the match, he played what is now known as a typical Sehwag innings, scattering the ball all over the park, and by the time his innings closed, he had hit 15 sixes.

He was now a force in Delhi’s junior cricket, smashing forties and fifties at number six, taking a couple of wickets with his off spin but never once did it strike him that he could play for India one day. Why? “To believe you are good enough to play for your country, you have to score big runs, hundreds and double hundreds, which I was not doing, so there was no question of my even thinking of playing for India,” Sehwag says.

Even when he was selected to play in the Under-19 World Cup for which Kris Srikkanth was the coach, he had no reason, he says, to believe that he would play for the Indian senior team one day. But Sehwag impressed Srikkanth so much that the former India opener started calling him Richards. It was perhaps the first time he was given that accolade. “I hardly understood any English those days, nor he much Hindi, but I could hear him say ‘Richards’, and the rest I would get translated by the boys in the team who could understand English,” says Sehwag.

He continued to challenge the coaching manuals, never ever trying to implement the advice of those who would tell him to correct his ways if he wanted to become an India player one day. Even as late as 2007, when he found himself out of the Indian team, he would be told to mend his ways or face oblivion.

“It is not that I ignored any suggestion. I listened, but did not feel the need to correct myself. I did not fail once I got into the Delhi Ranji team, getting runs the way I wanted to and also, I always had faith in my ability. Yes, I have made corrections over the years. Experts say that if I did not have a good defense, I would not have survived for so long. Whatever it may appear from the outside, I choose only those balls to hit which are in my range and, according to me, are loose balls,” he explains.

One major correction he had to make was when he failed in his debut one-day match against Pakistan at Mohali. He still remembers Sourav Ganguly’s advice while sitting next to him in the dressing room. Ganguly was yet to become Indian captain but his words: ‘Remember, international cricket is real cricket and domestic cricket is nothing in comparison’, still ring in Sehwag’s ears.

Hero no. 1

Dropped from the team, he told his coach Sharma that he was not good enough to play quick bowling. “Even before my bat was down, Shoaib Akhtar’s delivery had rammed into my pads. I couldn’t even see the ball, leave alone play it,” he says.

By now his desire and ambition had multiplied and a way was found to make Sehwag face genuine pace. Buckets of water were poured on the cemented wicket at Sharmaji’s academy and wet cork balls and tennis balls were bowled at him by pacers from a distance of 16 yards. Balls would fly around him but Sehwag would not be able to connect.

“But once Sharmaji directed the bowlers to bowl at my body, the whole thing worked. I had to defend myself and in no time the ball started to find the meat of my bat.” This practice continued for hours and days and if Sehwag is today a skillful player of genuine pace, he has to thank his coach and his training methods for that.
Even when he was back in the one-day team, he was not a runaway hit, failing more often than scoring big runs. But he had the confidence of his captain, Sourav, who had “assured me a continuous run of 30 matches to cement my place in the team.” It was again Sourav who pushed him to open the innings both in Tests and one-dayers, a move which thrust Sehwag to the forefront in the international arena. No wonder he holds his former captain in such high esteem.

Today, Sehwag, the Jat from Najafgarh, is a terror on the cricket field for teams and bowlers all over the world. He can score a triple hundred at a speed not possible for most to hit even a hundred. What makes him an exceptional player is that despite the risks he takes while batting, his success rate is as good as those who prefer safety first to being adventurous.

Does the fear of failure never bother him? “Cricket is my passion. I enjoy batting, it gives me a lot of pleasure. My thinking is similar to the character Aamir Khan plays in 3 Idiots. I don’t play to make records, nor to make money, I play because that is the thing I enjoy the most,” says Sehwag. If he continues to bat the way he has so far, world cricket may have to invent a new phrase to do justice to his achievements.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Family Man

Virender Sehwag’s life partner has in more ways than one transformed his shy, reticent public image. It is a love marriage and Sehwag met his future wife, Aarti Ahlawat, a distant relative, at a family function. “Aarti was a great source of strength during one of the low periods of my life, when I was dropped from the Indian team in 2007,” says the Indian opener.

He couldn’t sleep for days together, unable to absorb the shock of being out of the Indian team. “She told me not to brood too much and instead work hard on my fitness to get back into the team,” he says. The advice worked well for him as he shed around eight kilos and was in his prime when recalled to the side.

She also played a role in his picking up the English language, something Sehwag was very uncomfortable with. If today he comes across as a man who is well-versed in English, the credit goes to Aarti.

“I must acknowledge that she is the one who taught me the language and I am not shy of admitting it,” he says with a smile.
Aryaveer, their two-year-old son, like his father was at that age, can’t do without either a bat or a ball in his hand. But unlike his father, the son is born into a family where cricket is the life-blood of their existence.

Sehwag’s show and tell

Sehwag is that rare Indian cricketer who is forthright with his comments on fellow players, coaches or his own game. He has an enduring relationship with his idol and teammate Sachin Tendulkar. He not only holds his batting ability in awe, he also respects Tendulkar for being his guide.

“What haven’t I learnt from him! From learning how to tackle bowlers on their good days, to building an innings, to sorting out minor or major issues of my cricketing career, he has been there right from the day I made my Test debut hundred at Bloemfontein in South Africa,” he says. Sehwag believes that in this Indian team, “Tendulkar is the only one who is ahead of me in thinking (cricketing issues). No one else can teach me anything other than him. I am not saying I am better than others, all I am saying is that the way I think about the game is very similar to what Tendulkar thinks and he is the only one who is ahead of me.”

He thinks it is Tendulkar who deserves the accolade of ‘the greatest batsman of the decade’ rather than himself. “Look at Tendulkar’s staggering achievements. How can anyone rate me ahead of him or even Ricky Ponting? I have played only 72 Tests and won just one match for India. I don’t agree with what people say.”

Sehwag feels honoured when he is compared with Viv Richards but does not think he is as good as Richards was. “I have seen his innings on YouTube and on television and I don’t think I can hit sixes to fast bowlers the way he did.”

He rates Sourav Ganguly as the best captain, and Kumble as very good, someone who planned India’s rise to number one. “MS Dhoni has taken that legacy forward,” he says.

The highest praise is reserved for coach Gary Kirsten. “He is the best coach in the world, be it man-management, giving respect to the players or the manner and the method he applies to communicate. He never imposes himself and it is great to have him there.”
On John Wright he says: “If we lost or if a player dropped a catch, a vigorous training session would await the team or the player.” It was like a panic reaction, he says, which should not happen at this level of the game.

His most acerbic remark is reserved for Greg Chappell. “It will be better not to speak about him at all,” he says.

He believes the triple hundred he scored in Multan against Pakistan is the best he has played so far. “Not because it was a triple but because of the manner in which I scored those runs. I was disappointed that in the previous big innings in Australia I got out at 195 by lofting the ball. The disappointment was not for not scoring a double. It was because we lost the match because I was dismissed. In Multan though, I played my natural game, I did not want to get out at the end of the day’s play. If you see the video of that innings you will notice that I played three consecutive maidens to Shabbir. I just remained glued to the crease, not even moving my neck as my stance was off and middle and I did not want to touch any ball which was not pitched on the stumps.”

While the world believes Sehwag is the player who is the best at figuring out Muralitharan’s doosra, Sehwag says: “I have not been able to figure out in which direction his ball will spin. Tendulkar has decoded him and keeps telling me that when he bowls a doosra his thumb juts out. But I have not been able to figure him out.”

But Sehwag has plundered Murali the most. “When I play my shots against him, I cover for both, the off-spin as well as the doosra so that I get my timing right.” And it is this confidence and the approach to his craft, that sums up Sehwag’s genius.

Sourav
24th January 2010, 07:11 AM
:clap: good article! :ty: LM :D

Double barrel

Sehwag and Gambhir have charmed cricket by the chemistry and consistency at the top. On the eve of India-Bangladesh Test, Sunandan Lele finds out what makes them tick

Posted On Sunday, January 24, 2010 at 02:29:55 AM

First-wicket explosive stands have become a natural expectation in Indian cricket. Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir have made a habit of this in all the three formats.

They have different gears to their game – one of the chief reasons why the Indian team has scaled the summit in Test cricket. And they bring the best out of each other. Ahmedabad Mirror accesses their combined universe:

AM to Gambhir: What’s your memory of the first time you saw Virender Sehwag?
Gambhir: I first saw him when I was making my first-class debut against Rajasthan. He scored a brilliant half-century. I must also mention the century on his Test debut against South Africa. He came across as a very warm person. That was my first impression of him. He is easy to approach, makes you feel comfortable and always respects you.

AM to Gambhir: Both of you have spent so much time with each other. Looking at Viru, can you guess what’s going through in his mind?
Gambhir: It’s tough. He is so deceptive in his looks and is a tough nut to crack. That is the way it should be. When you wear the India cap and step on to the field, you don’t go out to make friends.

AM to Sehwag: Viru, your batting style is so different. Usually coaches don’t allow their wards to play strokes in the air that often. Does it come naturally to you, or you had to develop this unique style?
Sehwag: When I took to the game, I started off playing 10-15 over games. And like Sachin (Tendulkar) I would play two to three matches a day. You can’t afford to waste even one ball when you are playing such a short format. The habit was ingrained in me that I must not waste any delivery. At the same time I learned to make most of good form. If I am feeling good about my batting, I tell myself to make a big score. At the same time, if I bat for a day I try to make sure that I score as much as possible so that I need not have to bat again.

AM to Gambhir: What according to you are the attributes of a good opening batsman?
Gambhir: They should learn to play out the first hour which is always tricky. The bowlers are fresh, the ball is new, and the wicket also offers something. An opener has to apply his mind to tackle this period. It’s a double-edged sword. You get a chance to face maximum number of overs but at the same time your chances of failure are also high. Thus, a quality opener should make a start count and get a big one.

AM to Sehwag: The middle-order is under pressure when a team loses its first wicket early. What do you think about this situation?
Sehwag: I would say that an opener should never allow pressure of this kind to affect him. Other batsmen are equally responsible for getting runs for the team. Openers shouldn’t be hold responsible. Having a positive attitude is right step to success. When Gautam and I go out to bat, we try to give the first five to 10 overs to the bowlers. Once that tricky period is over, we build partnerships from 0 to 50, 50 to 100, 100 to 150 and 150 to 200...

We set small targets and enjoy staying at the wicket. If I get going I always try to score runs at a brisk pace, so that I can offer maximum time for our bowlers to get 20 wickets.

AM to Gambhir: You started well in 2004 but lost your form and were dropped. You never looked back after the 2007 T20 World Cup. How do you take setbacks in your stride?
Gambhir: No doubt it is frustrating when you lose form and are out of the team. But that is when you know the player’s true character, his willpower, and resolve to fight. It is easy to curse your luck and say you were unjustly dropped. Let me tell all aspiring cricketers that the only way to get back into a team is to perform. If you are a batsman you must score heavily. If you are a bowler, get the important wickets. That is what I did. I scored tons of runs in Ranji trophy to help Delhi win the title. Because of that performance, the doors of the Indian team opened for me again.

Sehwag: Gautam is absolutely right. Jab tak bat chalta hai, tab tak thath chalte hai (Till the bat talks you have luxury). When I was dropped from the Indian team I knew that I was a talented player, I could score runs in domestic matches and stage a comeback. Captains love to have a player like Sehwag in the team. Usually in domestic matches you see batsmen getting hundreds, but only one can reach a double or a triple ton. You have to make big hundreds if you want the selection committee to take notice.

AM to Gambhir: Gautam, you were talking about Sehwag’s deceptive looks. He appears so casual but is he different within?
Gambhir: Deep inside, he is so determined. Otherwise how can anyone score two triple and six double hundreds? He knows few get a chance to represent India. One should make most of this opportunity and that’s what he does time and again in his own inimitable style.

AM to Sehwag: Viru, our common friend Vikram Sathaye calls you Ghajini. He says you don’t remember what you did in the last innings. Is that true?
Sehwag: (laughs) Good or bad I don’t like to live in the past. For any performance, a player should be criticised or complimented just for once. If you were out for zero in the last innings, you still start your next innings at zero. Even when you have scored a triple you have to begin from the scratch.

Then isn’t it wise to forget what you did in your last innings and start afresh? When you are not doing well you know it within. Forget about knowing it yourself, in India, when you fail in a few innings the electronic media highlights it umpteen times. So why dwell on the past?[tscii:edf240b50c][/tscii:edf240b50c]
http://www.ahmedabadmirror.com/article/23/201001242010012402295548622969f8d/Double-barrel.html

Dinesh84
25th January 2010, 03:28 PM
Virender Sehwag has been honoured with the Padmashri award by the Indian government. :victory:

Sourav
25th January 2010, 03:41 PM
http://beta.thehindu.com/news/national/article94584.ece :clap:

Plum
25th January 2010, 03:43 PM
When I was dropped from the Indian team I knew that I was a talented player, I could score runs in domestic matches and stage a comeback. Captains love to have a player like Sehwag in the team. Usually in domestic matches you see batsmen getting hundreds, but only one can reach a double or a triple ton. You have to make big hundreds if you want the selection committee to take notice.

thambi, enakku unnai pidikkum AnA konjam adanguppA :-(

When he was playing domestic cricket after being dropped, he wasnt scoring much. It was a gamble to include him in the Oz tour, and the rest is history. ennamO drop paNNappO domestic matches-la 200 300 adichA maadhiri illa pesurAn thambi?

I think while everyone including me love his plain talk, of late, he has kind of gone into some delusional mode where he is overreaching himself with his statements

As Siddons said, konja nALaikku microphone pakkam vara vudAma paarthukittA nalladhu...

Sourav
26th January 2010, 08:20 AM
Sehwag deserves Padma Shri: Tendulkar
PTI, 25 January 2010, 06:28pm IST

MIRPUR (Bangladesh): Virender Sehwag has made a huge impact on the young generation and the explosive opener thoroughly deserves the 'Padma Shri'
Twitter Facebook Share
Email Print Save Comment
award he has been selected for, teammate Sachin Tendulkar said on Monday.

Reacting to Sehwag's selection for the prestigious award, Tendulkar said the Delhi player had immense contribution in the improved performance of the team over the last 10 years.

"Sehwag has made a terrific impact to the next generation and he truly deserves to be conferred the Padma Shri," Tendulkar told reporters after the second day's play of the ongoing second and final India-Bangladesh Test.

"To be honoured with Padma Shri is a terrific achievement. I think his achievements have been appreciated (by the government). He's a wonderful player to have in the team and has been a consistent performer for the past 10 years," added Tendulkar, who scored his 45th Test ton in India's first innings. [tscii:98d53f6383][/tscii:98d53f6383]

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournaments/india-in-bangladesh-2010/top-stories/Sehwag-deserves-Padma-Shri-Tendulkar-/articleshow/5499350.cms

:D

Sourav
27th January 2010, 10:13 AM
I am really honoured and elated, says Sehwag

Mirpur, Dhaka: Virender Sehwag was pleasantly surprised when he came to know that he had been chosen as one of the sportspersons to receive the Padma Shri award this year, one of the highest Indian civilian honours.

One of the most destructive batsman of the modern era, Sehwag is also known to speak his mind when commenting on various cricketing issues — like calling the Bangladesh team an "ordinary" one, which almost caused a diplomatic row between the teams.

Gulf News caught up with the dashing opener, who is also one of the seniormost members of the team in the post-Fab Four generation, at his hotel room on Monday night. Excerpts:

Gulf News: Congratulations. When did you first come to know about the award?
Virender Sehwag: I was in the dressing room as the third day's proceedings were going on. Our manager, who got the news from the media box at Mirpur, informed me. I was very happy.

What was your first reaction?
I was pleasantly surprised because nobody gave me any hint. But one thing I can tell you: I am really honoured, elated too.

Will you personally go to receive the award?
Of course, I will, if there is no match for India. But why are you asking this question?

Because, last year Indian cricketers did not go to Delhi to receive the award.
I would like to go personally to receive the award from the our president. It would be a rare moment.

What do these awards mean to you?
They mean a lot. I mean, this is a recognition from the government, a recognition from my country. Not many people get these awards. There is a lot of blood and sweat behind getting such an award. I enjoy getting trophies. They do really encourage me a lot when I look up to the trophies, awards.

Sachin Tendulkar feels you really deserve this award.
Okay, when did he say this? I have to thank him for being so kind to me. Of course, I must say that he has always said good things about me. So I am not surprised.

All the frontline batsmen of the world have at least one century against Bangladesh. How could you miss that?
I tried both in Chittagong as well as in Mirpur. But just did not get that. I will definitely try the next time when I meet them. :(

http://gulfnews.com/sport/cricket/i-am-really-honoured-and-elated-says-sehwag-1.574186[tscii:c22b416c26][/tscii:c22b416c26]

vanchi
27th January 2010, 10:01 PM
sehwag :2thumbsup: :cheer:

Sourav
4th February 2010, 08:46 PM
kattam katturrangae... :oops:

Who will conquer Virender Sehwag?

South Africa's bowlers are fully aware of the damage this man can inflict if he gets going

Sidharth Monga in Nagpur

February 4, 2010

The Sunday Times in South Africa last week asked the freshly sacked coach, Mickey Arthur, about his life after the job. "I walked on the beach with my wife this morning," Arthur said. "We played tennis together after that … I can actually concentrate on what people are saying rather than thinking how we are going to get Virender Sehwag out."

It is instructive that Arthur should use Sehwag as the metaphor, and not, say, Sachin Tendulkar or Gautam Gambhir, who are actually more difficult to dismiss nowadays.

But Sehwag invokes fear. When he plays well, he feels sorry for the bowlers. He leaves behind destruction and debris for bowling units. Arthur's sacking has come with a positive: he won't have to worry about all that. Over the next two weeks, the rest of his mates of nearly five years won't have that luxury. Over the next two weeks, they may be thinking about how to get Sehwag out even when talking to wives and girlfriends. They have perhaps been thinking about how to get Sehwag out for two weeks now. Or longer even. Sehwag can ruin a series in two hours, and the scars those two hours leave can run deeper than two days of batting from some.

When they last came here, two of South Africa's bowlers - in fact their best bowlers - Dale Steyn and Morne Morkel, were at the receiving end of Sehwag's triple century at record pace in Chennai. "Ridiculous" is how Morkel describes his initiation to India. Both Steyn and Morkel, though, draw heart from how they came back in the series to get Sehwag out for 6, 17, 8 and 22.

"Once we exploited what his biggest weaknesses were, he wasn't able to get away again after that," says Steyn. "We definitely have our game plans against somebody like him. What's happened in the past has happened in the past. It was definitely not the pitches [in Ahmedabad and Kanpur] , it was the mind frame that we got into."

Back then, Arthur acknowledged that Sehwag played his first pull shot after he reached 312. Short balls, tucking him up, and turning third man into a catcher was the plan then. But Sehwag's leg-side play has only improved since then. The flick-pull off the hip is back, so is the orthodox one through midwicket. Yet this will be a new test for Sehwag because there will be two pretty hungry men bowling consistently fast at him, an assignment he doesn't get to face everyday in international cricket.

Morkel knows it might take more than just bowling short into his body, which is mainly a restrictive ploy if the pitch doesn't afford high bounce. "We are wary about how dangerous Sehwag is up front, we definitely need to target him up front," he says. "We need to get him out really, we know how bad he can dominate attacks when he gets in."

Steyn, the leader of the attack, concurs. "I don't think you can ever contain somebody like him. Our plan is definitely not to let him get going. We have got our plans for him in every situation. We have been in every situation. We have been in a situation where we have got him out for nought, we have been in a situation where we have got him out for 300. We have basically got a plan for every run that he has got!"

Steyn's words, in a way, show how helpless Sehwag makes bowlers feel. "Sometimes he will go hard and be so aggressive that he gets himself out," Morkel says. "The main thing is to stay patient and keep on doing what you believe is right."

Another member of this team, Paul Harris, tried the containing role with Sehwag in Chennai. And again if Sehwag is still batting by the time Harris comes on to bowl, he might have to try the improbable: contain Sehwag. "If you've got fielders on the boundary and he hits over them, you can't do much about it. The field is only so big, you can't make it any wider," Harris says. "I'll probably set him pretty defensive fields depending on the wicket. If he wants to go over my fielders, and he does it well, I will shake his hand after the game and say 'well batted'. If he doesn't, there will be people there to catch him. I am not too fazed. Hopefully I will… Hopefully I won't have to bowl to him. After the seamers get him out early."

In the same Sunday Times interview, Arthur maintains that the best way to bowl to Sehwag is to tuck him up with the short stuff. That at least is clear thinking. Almost Sehwag-like. But the beauty of Sehwag is that he messes with bowlers' thought processes. A lot will depend on how clearly the South Africans think when bowling to Sehwag.

Says Steyn: "I am not giving everything away here, we still have got to play two Test matches against him. But whenever we go out to bowl in the Test match, you will obviously see what's going to be coming his way."

We'll see. In fact, can't wait to see.

Sidharth Monga is a staff writer at Cricinfo
[tscii:0a66e11f52][/tscii:0a66e11f52]
http://www.cricinfo.com/indvrsa2010/content/current/story/446892.html

Aalavanthan
4th February 2010, 08:52 PM
namaku edhiraa nammalae strategy .. Siddharth Maangaa :hammer:

Sourav
8th February 2010, 04:15 PM
Usman Sharif "It adds to greatness to Sehwag that 14 of his 18 hundreds have come against Australia, South Africa, Sri lanka and Pakistan. 4 of the best and threatening bowling attacks. And none of them has come against Bangladesh or Zimbabwe in 7 tests... hmm, true legend?"

Plum
8th February 2010, 04:37 PM
DDD ippO Gautam-Odadhu illaiyA? Change the title Sourav :-)

19thmay
8th February 2010, 04:41 PM
Usman Sharif "It adds to greatness to Sehwag that 14 of his 18 hundreds have come against Australia, South Africa, Sri lanka and Pakistan. 4 of the best and threatening bowling attacks. And none of them has come against Bangladesh or Zimbabwe in 7 tests... hmm, true legend?"

:evil: Indha comment yaara target panninadhu therium-la?

Sourav
8th February 2010, 04:45 PM

:evil: Indha comment yaara target panninadhu therium-la? :shock: adeeiiii, enakku onnum theriyathu... :oops: that point was interesting hence quoted here.

vanchi
8th February 2010, 09:23 PM
Viru :clap:

ajithfederer
8th February 2010, 11:06 PM
Moothevi!!! (As VKR says)

Tendulkar has 10 Tons against Australia itself. And he has by far played the most number of Tests among Indian batsmen. Indha commonsense kooda illadha naayellam edhukku article elududhu.

Plum
8th February 2010, 11:15 PM
I'd be interested in applying this criteria to Pricky's tons. EvLO thErum considering the mhambrey mohanty infested indian attacks and in any case, the rest of the attacks were weaker compared to australia. But the same guys who try to belittle sachin with such comments will not apply same logic to pricky ranting. Agenda driven crooks

venkkiram
9th February 2010, 02:07 AM

Tendulkar has 10 Tons against Australia itself. And he has by far played the most number of Tests among Indian batsmen. Indha commonsense kooda illadha naayellam edhukku article elududhu.

இதுல அப்படி உஷ்ணப்படுவதற்கு என்ன இருக்கிறது? வேறு யாருமே செய்யாததை ஷேவாஹ் செஞ்சுட்டார் என்ற அர்த்தத்தில் அவர் கட்டுரை எழுதலியே? ஷேவாஹின் சாதனையை சொல்லி, "true legend" எனப் புகழ்கிறார். அவ்வளவுதான்.

tamizharasan
9th February 2010, 02:49 AM
When shewag starts the innings with century and dravid holds the whole innings with century. If this one works out then it would be difficult to beat India. Unfortunately Dravid's service is conspicuously absent in this match.

ajithfederer
9th February 2010, 03:13 AM
Inga 20 inchukku snow adhaan.

The bolded phrase is an obvious dig at sachin.

இதுல அப்படி உஷ்ணப்படுவதற்கு என்ன இருக்கிறது? வேறு யாருமே செய்யாததை ஷேவாஹ் செஞ்சுட்டார் என்ற அர்த்தத்தில் அவர் கட்டுரை எழுதலியே? ஷேவாஹின் சாதனையை சொல்லி, "true legend" எனப் புகழ்கிறார். அவ்வளவுதான்.

Sourav
10th February 2010, 09:44 AM
I will pay to watch Sehwag: Graham Gooch (http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/interview_i-will-pay-to-watch-sehwag-graham-gooch_1345698)

What’s your take on Virender Sehwag?
Well, I will pay money to watch him play and that means he is a great entertainer with the bat. It’s exciting to watch cricket when Sehwag is at the centre. The shots he has in his kitty are really amazing and with him around, even a Test match becomes interesting. Simply, he makes you enjoy the game.

Then how would you rate him amongst the all-time openers?
Certainly one of the top openers of all time. In fact, if I look at openers in the last decade or so, he certainly is on the top of the list. He’s just amazing and has taken the art of opening the innings to a different level in all forms of the game.[tscii:08b508dea8][/tscii:08b508dea8]

satissh_r
11th February 2010, 12:25 PM
Add me too... New to the cricket forum :)

Sourav
11th February 2010, 01:13 PM
Add me too... New to the cricket forum :) :2thumbsup: welcome! :D

Viru fan base is growing up in hub... :smokesmirk:

Viru bhai fans/supporters:

19thmay

Ajithfederer

Anban

Dinesh84

Directhit

Kalyasi

Littlemaster1982

Maddy

Plum

P_R

Satissh_r

Sourav

Steveaustin

Thamizhvaanan

Vanchi

Venkiram

Vinodkumar

[tscii:1ce0e5979d][/tscii:1ce0e5979d]

hamid
11th February 2010, 01:48 PM
Sourav,

membership freenna ennaiyum serthukko :cool:

satissh_r
11th February 2010, 01:59 PM
Add me too... New to the cricket forum :) :2thumbsup: welcome! :D

Thank you, am a long time fan of the Nawab of Najafgarh :D

Sourav
11th February 2010, 08:43 PM
Sourav,

membership freenna ennaiyum serthukko :cool: :) 8-)

VinodKumar's
11th February 2010, 08:51 PM

en peru list la irurkunu enallu innaiku thaan theriyum :evil: engala force pannathinga :D

Sourav
11th February 2010, 08:55 PM

en peru list la irurkunu enallu innaiku thaan theriyum :evil: engala force pannathinga :D :lol: athellam nee than paathu therinjikkanum, venamna sollu thookiralaam... :goodidea:

VinodKumar's
11th February 2010, 09:08 PM
cha cha aasa pattutinga potukunga .. :lol2: aana payan yethavathu delhi politics pannam team la I am OUT

Plum
11th February 2010, 09:11 PM
Sourav, payyan edhavadhu Delhi politics pannala , I am out :-)

19thmay
12th February 2010, 10:01 AM
Wow! Super innings :clap: - Ippadi indha thread-la potaale sangathula sEthruva pola :lol2:

ajithfederer
12th February 2010, 10:24 AM
Hey sourav

When did you add my name ?? :shock:

VinodKumar's
12th February 2010, 10:32 AM
Hey sourav

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sourav
12th February 2010, 10:43 AM
Wow! Super innings :clap: - Ippadi indha thread-la potaale sangathula sEthruva pola :lol2:

Hey sourav

:twisted:
athellam last yr add pannathu...

actually i have added the names who r all supported viru in 'viru vs yuvi' discussion last yr.... anyway, edited the list now.

ajithfederer
12th February 2010, 10:46 AM
Ada paavi last year add pannadha :x. One year enaku theriamale ennai shewag fan aakiteeyaa. Adhenna listla thirumaran name ellam irundha madhiri irunduchu :rotfl2:.

Sourav
12th February 2010, 11:06 AM
Ada paavi last year add pannadha :x. One year enaku theriamale ennai shewag fan aakiteeyaa. Adhenna listla thirumaran name ellam irundha madhiri irunduchu :rotfl2:. :noteeth:

no...no... avar perallam illa...

its the first list...
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2035526#2035526

ajithfederer
12th February 2010, 11:07 AM
I know. Was jk.

Kalyasi
12th February 2010, 11:08 AM
Ramal ethukku en pera thookita??
I am true fan ya!!

Sourav
12th February 2010, 11:42 AM
Ramal ethukku en pera thookita??
:oops2: konja neram confuse pannitaangappa... bayangarama support pannilaam post pannanga, ippo ketta supporter illanu solrathu... :twisted: kauduppethuraanga my laardd... :cry3: :hammer: inimae request potta than membershiippu... :yes:

I am true fan ya!!:D :thumbsup:

19thmay
12th February 2010, 12:16 PM
Hello yaara kettu en per-a edutha? :x

I was just kidding! :?

Dinesh84
12th February 2010, 12:25 PM
:lol: paavamya Ramal.. :lol2:

Sourav
12th February 2010, 12:32 PM
Hello yaara kettu en per-a edutha? :x

I was just kidding! :? :lol:
athu! membership neengalave request pannanumnu than summa temp-a names thookunen... :poke: :froggrin:

dinsu... oru koshti sekkurathukku enna paadu pada vendi irukku paaru... :lol:

no more cross qns... no more dign... :x

Sourav
13th February 2010, 09:13 AM
[tscii:e31020d133]
This now brings me to Virender Sehwag’s first innings knock. Unlike his mentor, Sehwag did not curb any of his attacking shots but chose to play them a bit more carefully. And despite the ball moving and darting around so regularly that most other batsmen were searching for it, Sehwag played one of his more assured hundreds. If you take this innings in the context of the match and the quality of the bowling, this must surely rank as one of the most outstanding knocks of his.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Sachin-special-A-hundred-without-a-drive/H1-Article1-508176.aspx[/tscii:e31020d133]

Dinesh84
15th February 2010, 02:06 PM
:clap: :clap: Sevagan 8-)

Dinesh84
15th February 2010, 02:14 PM
Gayle, Strauss, Sehwag in contention (http://www.cricinfo.com/awards2009/content/current/story/448279.html)

The countdown to the ESPNCricinfo Awards begins, with Ashes hundreds from Andrew Strauss, Jonathan Trott, Virender Sehwag's thrill-a-ball 293 against Sri Lanka, Chris Gayle's mature and match-saving 165 against Australia and Umar Akmal's hundred on debut making up the final contenders for the Best Test Batting performance of 2009.

The top five were drawn on basis of votes from a 14-member jury that includes some of the leading cricket experts in the world and Cricinfo's senior editors.

Strauss's 161 on day one of the Lord's Test last summer, Trott's century on debut in the Ashes decider at The Oval, Sehwag's 293 against Sri Lanka in Mumbai, Gayle's unbeaten 165* against Australia, and Akmal's 129 in Dunedin in his first Test innings edged out major innings from Ramnaresh Sarwan, Phillip Hughes, Daniel Vettori, Gautam Gambhir, Mohammad Yousuf, Fawad Alam, and Rahul Dravid.

A departure from the usual year-end awards looking at overall performances, ESPNCricinfo's honours are in two categories: a jury-based award looking at the year's best batting and bowling performances and a stats-based award using numbers from Cricinfo's extensive database.

The winners for all the awards will be announced on February 19.

ajithfederer
15th February 2010, 09:37 PM
Shewag :clap: :clap:. Another 150+ score 8-).

Yesterday his stance/demeanor after some 4's were like "Yenda enaku ball poduringa naan dhaan adipeinnu theriumla" ngra madhiri irunduchu.

Sourav
19th February 2010, 11:01 AM
http://www.espnstar.com/cricket/international-cricket/news/detail/item399080/%22Sehwag-is-the-best-batsman%22/

//someone post the content pls...

Sourav
19th February 2010, 11:05 AM
Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 4s 6s Ct St
Tests 76 130 5 6691 319 53.52 8273 80.87 19 21 948 78 60 0

Avg has increased +3... It was 50+ b4 SL series. :cool2: :D
53.5 avg with 80 s/r.... 8-)

littlemaster1982
19th February 2010, 11:08 AM
[tscii:fceec72d55]
http://www.espnstar.com/cricket/international-cricket/news/detail/item399080/%22Sehwag-is-the-best-batsman%22/

//someone post the content pls...

"Sehwag is the best batsman"

Former England captain Michael Vaughan tells SportsCenter’s Swaroop Kar that Virender Sehwag is the best batsman in the world.

"I think Sehwag is the best batsman in the world. And as a spectator I can say that he is the best watched in the field," said Vaughan.

He also said that the Indian team under skipper MS Dhoni is the best side in contemporary cricket.

Speaking about Paul Harris' negative bowling tactics during the India-South Africa two-match Test series, Vaughan said, "I think he tried everything to keep Sehwag quiet. He bowled straight but still he was hit around the ground. I think South Africa need to see Sehwag's batting very carefully."

However, the former England captain was all praise for Dale Steyn.

"Steyn is the best seam bowler in the world. He is consistent and gets wicket in quick hauls. His 10-wicket haul in the first Test match against India at Nagpur was special for South Africa. And the fact that it came against India in India, makes him the best."

[/tscii:fceec72d55]

Sourav
19th February 2010, 11:11 AM
:ty: Master. :)

tamizharasan
19th February 2010, 08:30 PM
Without any doubt Sehwag is the most entertaining and unique cricketer in the world.

ajaybaskar
20th February 2010, 11:22 AM
'I would love to bat in the middle order'

He is one of most destructive batsmen in contemporary cricket, and all his achievements have come as an opener. Yet, surprisingly, Virender Sehwag revealed that he would like to bat in the middle order.

Initially billed as a player strictly suited for limited-overs cricket, he has plundered 6,312 runs in 71 Tests as an opener, at an average of 54.88 and an amazing strike rate of 81.89. His successes have come in all conditions and against all opposition, and include 18 hundreds and 19 half-centuries.

But, amazingly, he desires to play in the middle order; he believes that it is a bit easier batting in that slot since middle order batsmen get time to relax ahead of their turn.

"I would love to bat in the middle order because it is difficult to field for one-and-half days and then open the innings after a ten-minute break. I also want to bat at number six like [Mahendra Singh] Dhoni, so I can also get two hours to rest.

That way, even my back would be fine and my exhaustion would go away too, which would help me score more runs and play bigger innings," Sehwag said at the ESPNcricinfo awards in Jaipur on Friday.

Asked whether he would have achieved as much success in the middle order, he replied: "Maybe, I would have scored more runs in the middle order. Definitely, I would have got opportunities to score runs in the middle order, because the batsmen who have batted after me in the middle order have also scored lot of runs and it is not that they have not had chances to bat."

The dashing opener won the Test batting prize for the second straight year for his blistering innings of 293 against Sri Lanka in Mumbai in December.

And fully aware that it is difficult to break into the supremely talented Indian middle order comprising greats like Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman, the Delhi opener believes his chance will come soon, when any one of them hangs his boots.

Asked which position he would love to bat at, his reply was instant: "I want to bat at number four."

He further added, though in a lighter vein, that he is just waiting for his hero and mentor to quit Test cricket so that he can take his place.

"But till he [Sachin Tendulkar] retires I don't think I will get a chance. I am just waiting for him to retire [smiles]. And when he does retire I would immediately want to bat at number four after him."

Despite achieving so much success and batting in the same fashion as Tendulkar used to in his prime, Sehwag still believes he cannot be compared with the master batsman.

"I don't think I am on the same level as Tendulkar. It is not only me, but every child in the country wants to become Sachin Tendulkar when he grows up. But I don't think that is possible because the number of records he has broken, no one will be able to match it, not only from India but anywhere in the world. No one will break his records, I am sure," he said.

The 31-year-old also made an astonishing disclosure that he has never gone and inspected the pitch ahead of any match.

"I have never seen the wicket in my life before a Test or ODI. Even when I became the captain of the Indian team I never went and saw the wicket. So somebody asked if you have not seen the team how will you pick your team? And I said that if you are playing in South Africa, you will play with three fast bowlers and a spinner, and if you are playing in India there is the option that you can play two fast bowlers and two spinners.

"But if I see the wicket I say to myself, 'Okay, this is a flat track and I have to start scoring from the first ball and maybe I would make a mistake and get out'. At the same time, I am thinking the whole night that it is a seaming track and tomorrow morning my tactics have to be good and my feet should be moving then only I will survive.

"It is rubbish for me, I have never seen wickets. I just think I am going to face the four bowlers and in those four bowlers no one can get me out," quipped the batting genius.

Sehwag pointed out that playing outrageous shots does not count as "risky shots" in his dictionary.

"I think there is a risk in every shot. Even if you defend you can get out if the balls goes on to your stumps. They say that you must not play at deliveries outside the off-stump, but if that same delivery comes back in you can get bowled, and at the same time if you play a shot also you can get out.

"So if you think about risk when going out to bat, you can never bat well. I just go out in the middle thinking that I will play my shots and I don't care whether I get out or not playing the shot because it is not a risky shot for me.

"I know I can hit easily over extra cover, so it is not a risk for me; but, maybe, for someone else that same shot is a risky shot.

Maybe, for me the defensive shot is a risky shot, because my technique is not that good and I can get out because I don't get behind the line of the ball.

"So the definition of risk is different for every batsman. If I go out to bat thinking that if I play that particular shot I will get out, it becomes a risk thinking about it. That is why I don't care about risks; I just see the ball and hit it," he added.

His mantra when he bats in the middle is quite simple. "I look to score off every ball. My thinking is that if you stay at the wicket for 30 minutes, then try to score as much as you can in those 30 minutes."

http://cricket.rediff.com/slide-show/2010/feb/20/slide-show-1-sehwag-wants-to-replace-sachin-at-number-four.htm#contentTop

Sourav
26th February 2010, 09:04 AM
Thalaivar became no-1 batsman in test rankings...
ithellam orutharum post pannalaiya... :twisted: :argh:

Viru... :smokesmirk: :clap:

http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/cricketnews/Sehwag-becomes-No-1-Test-batsman/Article1-510688.aspx

Sourav
26th February 2010, 09:07 AM
http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_sachin-tendulkar-is-bigger-than-don-bradman-virender-sehwag_1352713

Sachin Tendulkar is bigger than Don Bradman: Virender Sehwag
Vijay Tagore / DNA
Friday, February 26, 2010 1:16 IST

Mumbai: Going by his style, many expected Virender Sehwag to be the first to breach the 200-run barrier in ODIs. The opener thinks otherwise and tells DNA that he wouldn’t have taken to the game had Tendulkar not played cricket.

You looked very excited after Sachin Tendulkar got to 200.
The special quality of the knock is that it made every Indian proud. It was as if he or she had achieved the feat. Personally, it was no different. I thought as if I scored the double ton, it was a great feeling. He has been my role model and I took to cricket only because of him. If Sachin were not a cricketer, I would not have even touched a bat.

You were supposed to be the person who should have got it…
Forget Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar deserved it the most. Anyways, I feel I have achieved it myself. I have often been asked this question about 200 and I said Sachin is the right man for the feat. He has the experience and the ability. He had come close to that against New Zealand and Australia. He finally did it against South Africa.

Can you explain the enormity of the feat? How difficult is it to score 200 in 50-over cricket?
It is difficult because there are so many restrictions for a batsman in ODIs. There are only 300 balls to face. This effectively means you have to face at least 150-160 balls without letting the strike-rate drop. Only Sachin can do that.

He did not need a runner. How much beating does the body take during a knock of such epic proportions?
Sachin is one of the fittest players in the Indian team. He works a lot on his fitness. He knows what he needs to do to keep himself in good shape and he knows how much he has to work on his upper body and lower body.

How do you rate this innings?
It is the best knock I have ever seen. He maintained the momentum. He was playing all over the ground. He knew where to play the ball. His anticipation was also perfect and he knew what the next ball would be and prepared himself for that.

People say he has changed his batting style. Have you seen any changes since the time you started playing with him back in 2000?
Changes? Yes. He changes his batting according to the pitch, weather conditions, ground, bowler, and the situation. Sometimes, he changes his stance and plays differently.

Where can he go from here?
It depends on him. I’d love to see him till 2015. I’m sure he will play on till the 2015 World Cup. He has the passion and fitness to last the distance. I’m sure he can register 50 centuries in both Tests and ODIs. I have told him that he can achieve the feat soon. This should happen by next year.

Where do you rate him among all-time greats?
He is the greatest. You can’t compare him to any other cricketer. He is bigger than any cricketer. He is the God of cricket. He is bigger than anyone who has ever held a bat.

Bigger than Don Bradman?
Yes. He is.
[tscii:2edd0377be][/tscii:2edd0377be]

Kalyasi
26th February 2010, 09:42 AM
Viru vu Kovil Kattungayya.... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

VinodKumar's
26th February 2010, 10:03 AM

http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/cricketnews/Sehwag-becomes-No-1-Test-batsman/Article1-510688.aspx

ada athu shewag kooda theriyaathunu ninaikiraen ....

now the magic number is 200 !!!

Dinesh84
26th February 2010, 10:06 AM

http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/cricketnews/Sehwag-becomes-No-1-Test-batsman/Article1-510688.aspx ithu eppo .. :shock:

viru virumandi virumandi.. Delhi Gladiator Sehwag :clap:

Plum
26th February 2010, 10:26 AM
I'd also like to bat at #6 like dhoni so that I can get rest and score more runs

:-)

Sourav
26th February 2010, 10:28 AM

hey ranking test series mudinajvudane pottutanuga...
virumandi... :lol: ithai thread title-a konja naalaikku vaikkalaam.

VinodKumar's
26th February 2010, 09:24 PM

hey ranking test series mudinajvudane pottutanuga...
virumandi... :lol: ithai thread title-a konja naalaikku vaikkalaam.

athukku Sandiyar Shewag nu vaikalam ...

ajithfederer
27th February 2010, 12:20 AM
Actually as a sachin fan I was shocked/surprised(Don't ask me why!) to see shewag's jubilation once tendulkar scored 200. Congrats to shewag for becoming the no 1 test batsman hope he plays for another 7-10 years just like his Master and breaks bradman's record.

ajithfederer
28th February 2010, 11:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ3SQZhijL4&feature=grec

Shewag's wicket of gilchrist in his all important comeback tour in down under australia 2007/08. A beauty of a ball.

Apologies to yuvraj.

ajithfederer
28th February 2010, 11:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcPa8ROlUMk&feature=related

Second wicket of shewag that day. Leant from youtube comment and then noticed that kumble says "bola tha there koo" towards ganguly.

:lol: :thumbsup:. Incredibly missing kumble in tests.

Plum
1st March 2010, 12:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ3SQZhijL4&feature=grec

Shewag's wicket of gilchrist in his all important comeback tour in down under australia 2007/08. A beauty of a ball. Andha yuvraj moodhevikku badhila shewag-ae eduthirundha andha series win pannirukalam.

Exactly. I have been saying this several times here and elsewhere. Althouhh you used strong words, there is a nyaayam in what you say - the problem is deep rooted - we pick test players on odi form or scores - sometimes, it is plain obvious you can't expect a player to do well against strong opposition in difficult conditions - but he would have scored big in different context and we pick him()uvi 169 vs pak got him the aus tour - ya pak bowling is good but they are so inconsistent that a big score against them alone doesn't prove anything; whereas it was clear that spin or seam or swing was something yuvi can't hqandle, this 169 was used as proof and he got picked over Sehwag

ajithfederer
1st March 2010, 12:11 AM
Plum

I used strong words because he was a complete failure in that tour. Brad hogg spinkkae thadavikittu irundhan. 2 tests, 4 innings anja singam scored in between 20-30 runs on a whole. Idhellam shewag oru half an hour-la adipaan. We badly missed good starts in melbourne (sachin scored some 60 odd) and to some extent in sydney too where sachin again scored a century. Test matches are won or saved mainly by taking 20 wickets and supporting contributions from batsmen. Yuvraj did nothing. I hope atleast they persist with Murali Vijay or some other player who proves well in the test arena. We missed a golden chance to atleast draw that series there.

Eagerly awaiting 2011-12 tour. Hope thalaivar, dravid and laxman still play then.

Plum
1st March 2010, 12:33 AM
Agree with everything af. We had wasim jaffer and dravid opening. Whose bright idea was that, I can't fathom. Ian chappell punted on sehwag even before he was picked. Given that dravid doesn't like to open, it was obvious viru should have been picked with either jaffer or yuvi sitting out. I would have thought even sehwag-jaffer would have got decent starts. Yuvi should have been dropped but 169 was fresh in people's memories so...

Yes, hoggukke thadavinaan. I think vidyut sivramakrishnanukkum thadavuvaan. That is Yuvraj.

Yes, vijay should be persisted over yuvi but that won't happen. What's more, he will do well against zim or something and enjoy further chances

ajithfederer
1st March 2010, 12:57 AM
Shewag-Jaffer got decent starts a couple of times. This is from whatever i remember. Yes poor dravid avarai ennennellam thyagam seyya vechanga. I think we've got to address the fact that shewag was out of form during that times but still he could have been picked for his test performances as you rightly said tests and odis are a different ball game. A strict no for yuvi in tests. He is excellent in t-20's and very good in odi's. Please persist with that.

Sourav
1st March 2010, 09:29 AM
Gayle, Strauss, Sehwag in contention (http://www.cricinfo.com/awards2009/content/current/story/448279.html)

The countdown to the ESPNCricinfo Awards begins, with Ashes hundreds from Andrew Strauss, Jonathan Trott, Virender Sehwag's thrill-a-ball 293 against Sri Lanka, Chris Gayle's mature and match-saving 165 against Australia and Umar Akmal's hundred on debut making up the final contenders for the Best Test Batting performance of 2009.

The top five were drawn on basis of votes from a 14-member jury that includes some of the leading cricket experts in the world and Cricinfo's senior editors.

Strauss's 161 on day one of the Lord's Test last summer, Trott's century on debut in the Ashes decider at The Oval, Sehwag's 293 against Sri Lanka in Mumbai, Gayle's unbeaten 165* against Australia, and Akmal's 129 in Dunedin in his first Test innings edged out major innings from Ramnaresh Sarwan, Phillip Hughes, Daniel Vettori, Gautam Gambhir, Mohammad Yousuf, Fawad Alam, and Rahul Dravid.

A departure from the usual year-end awards looking at overall performances, ESPNCricinfo's honours are in two categories: a jury-based award looking at the year's best batting and bowling performances and a stats-based award using numbers from Cricinfo's extensive database.

The winners for all the awards will be announced on February 19.

Thalaivar won the best test batsman award: :victory: :boo: :clap: :bow: http://www.cricinfo.com/awards2009/content/story/449902.html

littlemaster1982
1st March 2010, 10:38 AM
Test batting winner (http://www.cricinfo.com/awards2009/content/story/448337.html)
One of them Viru days

Records fell, bowlers sighed. Sehwag smiled and beat everything to a pulp

Best Test Batting Performance
Virender Sehwag
293 v Sri Lanka
third Test, Mumbai (http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/430883.html)

There was a time when teams were happy with 293 runs in 82 overs of Test cricket. There was a time when batsmen didn't pull any stunts against Muttiah Muralitharan and quietly saw him off. There was a time when defensive fields slowed the run-rate down, when left-arm spinners could buy some dot balls by bowling outside leg with strong leg-side fields. There was a time before Virender Sehwag started having his days.

At the Brabourne Stadium against Sri Lanka, Sehwag had one of his days. He alone scored 293 in 82 overs. It was Murali who wanted to quietly blend into the surroundings, starting with a long-on in his first over and yet going for 84 off the 76 balls he bowled to Sehwag.

Leg-side fields didn't matter: Sehwag stepped out, made room and chipped over extra cover, even first ball after a break. Or he reverse-swept past point, from outside leg. In one day he hit 40 fours and seven sixes. The longest he went without a boundary was 12 balls. Violence, power-hitting, streaky shots - none of those, no sir. Just gap-finding of the most delightful kind.

A cricket ground has never looked so prone. To watch Sehwag bat that day was to realise that nine fielders can cover only so much. It is a simple thought that at any given time about 90% of the field is exposed and safe. Yet we need an uncluttered mind like Sehwag's to drive that point home. Batting seemed dangerously easy that day. Batting was pure, infinite joy that day.

Most masterpieces have a defining moment, an enduring image, representative of the work. For this 254-ball 293, it wasn't the inside-out chip, not the straight loft, not the midwicket flick, not the cut, not the vertical sweep - a sort of tribute to the master of that shot, Sachin Tendulkar. It was a plain defensive shot that told the story of the fielding side's helplessness.

Murali was in his ninth over, Sehwag had crossed 100, the field was well spread, the helmet had made way for a cap. He had just inside-outed the bowler for four, and Murali came back with a doosra, slightly short of a length, around middle and leg and turning towards off. Sehwag read it early, went deep into the crease, waited for the ball to arrive, and give it a full-face defensive.

Murali's malleable wrist and forearms dropped off in frustration, and he said something to Sehwag that made him smile; he turned away and continued smiling. Sehwag was reading the doosra and Murali knew it. More than the 14 fours and four sixes in his 100 at the time, it was one defensive pat that exasperated Murali. And Sehwag enjoyed it.

That defensive shot came during a spell when Sehwag was especially urgent, going from 101 to 151 in 30 deliveries. Sri Lanka even tried bowling outside off with packed off-side fields. They were flicked past midwicket. Before tea, Sehwag felt a twinge in his back; he leaned on his bat, he fell over on occasion, and held his back while running. Twenty minutes later, the first ball after tea, from Rangana Herath, went from outside leg to the extra-cover boundary. Bad back? What bad back?

Sehwag ended the day 284 not out, having beaten the attack to pulp, and said he played each ball on its merit and tried only to hit bad balls. "Yeah, right," you and I might say. "Yeah right," his team-mates said. "In the dressing room they told me I was hitting the good balls too, but if you look at it my way I hit only the bad ones," he said the next day. That's what this innings was, an exercise is redefining the "bad ball".

He started the third day having broken many records already, and with many others in sight - most triple-centuries, the fastest triple-century (which, incidentally, he had held before too), and Brian Lara's 400 was sort of unsafe too. In the fourth over of the third day, though, he chipped one straight back to Murali, seven short of the 300. Silence. A standing ovation. Cricket went back to mundane stuff like bowlers bowling to their fields, working at plans.

As he walked back, though, after a brief show of anguish, he smiled, he acknowledged the crowd. When Sehwag has one of his days, a narrowly missed triple-hundred is not nearly reason enough to agonise.

Sourav
4th March 2010, 06:57 AM
Sunny gets Garry Sobers' vote, Sehwag his money

The legendary all-rounder also reserved high praise for Indian opener Virender Sehwag. “The opener you have is a great player. He is really exciting. I would pay to go and watch him bat. His name…. (after some prompting) ah yes Virender Sehwag,” Sobers added after experiencing another ‘senior moment’.

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_sunny-gets-garry-sobers-vote-sehwag-his-money_1355006
[tscii:1023beb4ed][/tscii:1023beb4ed]

Sourav
10th March 2010, 07:46 AM
* 'Only Sehwag can surpass Tendulkar's double ton'

New Delhi, Mar 9 (PTI) Sachin Tendulkar's historic ODI double hundred is a feat that only Virender Sehwag can match or surpass among the current crop of batsmen, feels England's Ravi Bopara, who doesn't foresee it happening anywhere outside India.
http://www.ptinews.com/news/554976_-Only-Sehwag-can-surpass-Tendulkar-s-double-ton-[tscii:f8923bfb02][/tscii:f8923bfb02]

satissh_r
11th March 2010, 03:13 PM
Do we have a separate thread for Delhi Daredevil supporters? Nan CSK, DD rendu teamkum support :)

Sourav
12th March 2010, 07:05 AM
There is no thread for DD. Ingeyo discuss pannungo, illana open a new thread... :P

VinodKumar's
12th March 2010, 07:21 AM
I am going to open a new thread for BRC :redjump: :redjump:

Sourav
12th March 2010, 07:25 AM
I am going to open a new thread for BRC :redjump: :redjump:hey neeye csk fan than, not brc... right? appuram yethukku... :twisted: vera yaarum supporters irukkura maathiri therla... :roll:

VinodKumar's
12th March 2010, 08:12 AM
I am going to open a new thread for BRC :redjump: :redjump:hey neeye csk fan than, not brc... right? appuram yethukku... :twisted: vera yaarum supporters irukkura maathiri therla... :roll:

RD irrukarla :D

satissh_r
12th March 2010, 09:09 AM
Mothalla supporters ethana peru irukanganu pathutu than thread open panratha pathi yosikkanum.

So, DD supporters please stand up :)

Sourav
12th March 2010, 01:16 PM
Mothalla supporters ethana peru irukanganu pathutu than thread open panratha pathi yosikkanum.

So, DD supporters please stand up :)i yaam... :P but, kkr than first preference... :P
//

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/mar/12/virender-sehwag-northamptonshire-india

satissh_r
12th March 2010, 02:15 PM
i yaam... :P but, kkr than first preference... :P
//

Ada nerukku ner varum pothu anga support pannunga.. Athu varaikum DD pakkam vanga..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/mar/12/virender-sehwag-northamptonshire-india

I thought Northans had a liking for Kolpak cricketers from SA. Good chance he will become the player of the tournament :)

Plum
12th March 2010, 02:39 PM
DD - iyam outside support. Viru irukkAr, non-hateable characters like monE dineshA, Dilly Babu, Gautama Buddhar, Amithan, appuram namma ooru paiyan Yoga mageswaran - neraiya good reasons irukku.

satissh_r
12th March 2010, 02:49 PM
DD - iyam outside support. Viru irukkAr, non-hateable characters like monE dineshA, Dilly Babu, Gautama Buddhar, Amithan, appuram namma ooru paiyan Yoga mageswaran - neraiya good reasons irukku.

tanku tanku :) warner brothersa vitutingale...

satissh_r
13th March 2010, 10:32 AM
My Prediction of the DD line up

V.Sehwag, G.Gambhir, D.Warner, T.Dilshan, A.B.De Villers, D.Karthik, R.Bhatia, A.Mishra, P.Sangwan, Yo Mahesh, D.Nannes

Sourav
13th March 2010, 11:32 AM
Warner should open with viru and dilshan at-3 gauti at-4... he wil play spin better than dilshan and warner...
And u missed Nehra... place him for yo.magesh.
it wil be either a.salvi or sangwan...

satissh_r
13th March 2010, 11:35 AM
Warner should open with viru and dilshan at-3 gauti at-4... he wil play spin better than dilshan and warner...

Nehra has a rib injury :roll: athanala than i think Yomi will play. My ideal opening pair would be Viru and Warner too but I think they will go with Gambhir only

Sourav
13th March 2010, 11:44 AM

Nehra has a rib injury :roll: athanala than i think Yomi will play. My ideal opening pair would be Viru and Warner too but I think they will go with Gambhir onlyohh... thanks 4 the info... innum cricinfo preview ellam check pannala... dd playing-XI-la genuine all rounders kammi...too much batsmen, bowling is weak... they should select mcdonald once he joinsthe squad.... henriques kooda select pannalaam.....

satissh_r
13th March 2010, 11:55 AM
dd playing-XI-la genuine all rounders kammi...too much batsmen, bowling is weak... they should select mcdonald once he joinsthe squad.... henriques kooda select pannalaam.....

Yeah, thats y i think they might drop Warner and go with Henriques..

satissh_r
13th March 2010, 07:48 PM
Why dont they post the damn team list soon :argh:

satissh_r
13th March 2010, 07:54 PM
[tscii:9f70de923d]G Gambhir*, V Sehwag, TM Dilshan, AB de Villiers, KD Karthik†, M Manhas, MF Maharoof, A Mishra, PJ Sangwan, VY Mahesh, DP Nannes[/tscii:9f70de923d]

satissh_r
13th March 2010, 08:07 PM
Manhas thambi, neenga nalla irupinga... :redjump:

satissh_r
13th March 2010, 08:08 PM
Intha threadla thaniya bore adikidhu.. yaarachum vanga... Caman I say :oops:

satissh_r
13th March 2010, 09:41 PM
Outside supportuku kuda yaarum vara mathiri theriyalaye Anyways, target looks gettable. Caman veeru bhai

satissh_r
13th March 2010, 11:39 PM
This drama is unnecessary :huh: 4 from 6 and y cant we pick singles :hammer:

Sourav
15th March 2010, 07:56 AM
Intha threadla thaniya bore adikidhu.. yaarachum vanga... Caman I say :oops:
:lol:
Hope they wil continue win today too.... yusuf mattum contain pannitta pothum... dont give bowling to any spinners wen he bats and give bowling good pace bowler... that wil do the trick hopefully.,, :P And include Warner plsss... :x maharoof-ku bhatia-ve paravalla... mcdonald eppo varanu therla.

satissh_r
15th March 2010, 12:33 PM
Rajasthan home groundla matchngrathu than pidikala. Anyways, namma nawab sir adi jeychu kodutha podhum. Yeah Warner in place of Mahroof and R Bhatia as the all rounder is what I want too.

satissh_r
15th March 2010, 10:35 PM
Great Knock :notworthy: missed his chance to score a hundred though...

Sourav
16th March 2010, 06:58 AM
Viru is a wonderful player and he is one of my favourite batsman to watch except when he plays against us :)

Good knock thalaiva.... :bow: :bow: :bow:
But, viru and gauti r running for everything, even if the ball goes straight to the fielder... especially gauti... did that in both games.... thats not good at all, that wil cost heavily in some match...

Dilshan 2 ducks in a row... :oops:

satissh_r
17th March 2010, 11:08 PM
As much as I like A B De Villers, I think its time for him to be dropped :roll: Warner is what we need :)

R Bhatia for Maharoof and W Parnell for Ladda please. Next up is CSK yaarukunu support panna :?

Sourav
18th March 2010, 06:47 AM
As much as I like A B De Villers, I think its time for him to be dropped :roll: Warner is what we need :)

R Bhatia for Maharoof and W Parnell for Ladda please. Next up is CSK yaarukunu support panna :?
Wer is vinoth, maharoof-nu thooki vacchittu aaduniye... :x
Intha result expected one than, MI is the toughest team to beat... their domestic players r amazing. Longest and strongest batting order... Even bhajji can score some quick runs @ no.9. so, intha match-i free-la vitturalaam... :P nesstu paapom.. :P csk match-a... there wil be some major changes in DD playing 11. sure. Gauti's injury is big worry... :( hope he wil play.

Sourav
19th March 2010, 10:20 AM
I expect some huge changes...
warner for ABD
parnell or henriques for maharoof
bhatia for gauti

viru
warner
dilshan
karthik
manhas
bhatia
parnell / henriques
mishra
sangwan
nanness
ladda

satissh_r
19th March 2010, 10:24 AM
I expect some huge changes...
warner for ABD
parnell or henriques for maharoof
bhatia for gauti

henriques nu oruthan irukarathaye maranthuten... He can bat up the order if need be..

VinodKumar's
19th March 2010, 10:50 AM

Wer is vinoth, maharoof-nu thooki vacchittu aaduniye... :x
Intha result expected one than, MI is the toughest team to beat... their domestic players r amazing. Longest and strongest batting order... Even bhajji can score some quick runs @ no.9. so, intha match-i free-la vitturalaam... :P nesstu paapom.. :P csk match-a... there wil be some major changes in DD playing 11. sure. Gauti's injury is big worry... :( hope he wil play.

Maharoof ah thooki vachu enga aadunaen :evil: oralavu sumarana all rounder nu thaanae sonnaen :lol2:

Naan malai maari nambiruntha Dilshanae kavuthutaan :evil:

Sourav
19th March 2010, 07:29 PM
good innings viru... :clap: matthavanuga mokkai panittanuga.. :x

vanchi
19th March 2010, 07:41 PM
viru :D :notworthy: :notworthy: 8-)

Sourav
21st March 2010, 10:34 AM
Sun Mar 21
10:30 GMT | 16:00 local
16:00 IST 15th match - Deccan Chargers v Delhi Daredevils
Barabati Stadium, Cuttack

lost their last 2 matches against csk and mi... need some changes... dilshan and ABD both had great tourney last yr, but, sothappufying big time this yr... replace panrathukku vera evanum illa... only herriques... warner just had one game... gauti wil not available for next few matches,.. viru,dilshan,warner ithula evnachum oruthan 10,12 overs ninnale pothum... DC also having strong batting line-up. Vaas has taken early wkts in every match and giving breakthrough for his team...paakkalaam. it wil be a good contest...

Sourav
21st March 2010, 10:48 AM
Highest strike rates - IPL (2008-2010) :smokesmirk:

Player Span Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s

V Sehwag 2008-2010 29 29 3 787 94* 30.26 452 174.11 0 6 3 94 36

YK Pathan 2008-2010 33 32 2 819 100 27.30 506 161.85 1 5 1 79 47

SR Watson 2008-2008 15 15 5 472 76* 47.20 311 151.76 0 4 1 46 19

DR Smith 2008-2009 12 11 0 260 49 23.63 172 151.16 0 0 0 17 16

AC Gilchrist 2008-2010 33 33 1 1056 109* 33.00 707 149.36 1 7 2 116 56

satissh_r
21st March 2010, 11:25 AM
Sourav DP super :)

Plum
21st March 2010, 12:26 PM
Delhi can't afford both dilshan and abd.
Bring on parnell in one of their place.

Sourav
21st March 2010, 03:15 PM
Sourav DP super :) :ty:

Thalaiva, give us a win today... nee thokkurathai paakka mudila... :cry:

mgb
21st March 2010, 04:43 PM
Whenever DD plays DC, I get reminded of the 464646 damage by Viru on Symonds :thumbsup: but the hyderabad crowd booed instead of applauding :x

Sourav
22nd March 2010, 07:17 AM
match last few overs than paathen... DK and warner.... :clap: ABD intha season rombha sothappurane... ipdiye pona no chance 4 semis this time.

next match wil be even tougher, hope gauti wil be available.

Thu Mar 25
10:30 GMT | 16:00 local
16:00 IST 20th match - Royal Challengers Bangalore v Delhi Daredevils
M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore

satissh_r
22nd March 2010, 10:21 AM
next match wil be even tougher, hope gauti wil be available.

I think we've lost enough already :oops: It's time to start winning again and we could do with Veeru scoring consistently.. RCBteam konjam overa than panranga.. Time someone gave it back to them :evil:

Sourav
23rd March 2010, 07:21 AM
Good news: Both gauti and nehra will be available for next match against RCB! :boo:

Probable XI:
Warner
Viru
Dilshan/ABD
Gauti
Henriques
Karthik
Sangwan
Mishra
Nehra
Nannes
U Yadav

TEAM PLAY WON LOST TIE NR PTS NRR

Mumbai Indians 4 3 1 0 0 6 +1.330

Royal Challengers Bangalore 4 3 1 0 0 6 +1.212

Deccan Chargers 4 3 1 0 0 6 +0.450

Chennai Super Kings 4 2 2 0 0 4 +0.448

Kolkata Knight Riders 5 2 3 0 0 4 -0.851

Delhi Daredevils 5 2 3 0 0 4 -0.919

Kings XI Punjab 4 1 3 0 0 2 -0.276

Rajasthan Royals 4 1 3 0 0 2 -0.953

innum 3,4 matches thottha no chance for semis i guess... :?

19thmay
23rd March 2010, 09:56 AM
Good news: Both gauti and nehra will be available for next match against RCB! :boo:

Looks like they have got the ayurvedic treatment from Srilanka as per the advice by Dilshan. Rajapaksha has arranged for the same.

India-la illadha ayurvedham-a? :roll:

Kalyasi
23rd March 2010, 09:57 AM
Rayudu kooda anga thaan poirukaan...

Sourav
23rd March 2010, 09:59 AM

Looks like they have got the ayurvedic treatment from Srilanka as per the advice by Dilshan. Rajapaksha has arranged for the same.

India-la illadha ayurvedham-a? :roll:dilshan-ku commision kedaikkum pola... :lol: sachin kooda anga than treatment edutahrnu padichen.

Sourav
23rd March 2010, 12:51 PM
Australia's 'Sehwag' unlikely for second Test
http://www.cricinfo.com/nzvaus2010/content/story/453102.html
content blocked, but, ipdi solra alavukku thalaivar periya aal aagirukkaru world level-la, santhosham... :D

Sourav
23rd March 2010, 12:55 PM
found these blog posts,
http://www.sathyamurthy.com/2009/12/04/thunder-storm-sehwag/

http://ckmayuran.wordpress.com/2008/12/19/%E0%AE%9A%E0%AF%87%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%95%E0%A F%8D-%E0%AE%8E%E0%AE%A9%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%85%E0%AE%B1%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%A E%A4%E0%AE%A9%E0%AF%8D/

Dinesh84
23rd March 2010, 01:19 PM
Australia's 'Sehwag' unlikely for second Test
http://www.cricinfo.com/nzvaus2010/content/story/453102.html
content blocked, but, ipdi solra alavukku thalaivar periya aal aagirukkaru world level-la, santhosham... :D Phillip Hughes ah thaan sollirukanga..

Plum
23rd March 2010, 01:22 PM
Delhi looks like a sixth place candidate this time.
Why did they sell Manoj Tiwary and Shikar Dhawan, especially the latter?
I think they thought that with ABD and TMD around, they wouldnt need Indian specialist batting talent but as it happens, they now have a BCP scenario with both of them failing - idhukku dhAN business continuity planning paNNanum :-)

Sourav
24th March 2010, 07:18 AM
http://news.oneindia.in/2010/03/23/allowpak-batsmen-to-play-freely-like-sehwag-basit-ali.html

Former Pakistan batsman Basit Ali underlined this problem during an interview with the PakPassion.net and said youngsters like Mohammad Hafeez and Imran Nazir have loads of talent but they have never been allowed to play according to their own style.

Quoting the example of explosive Indian opener Virender Sehwag, Ali said his (Sehwag's) key to success is that he plays his natural game.

"These (Pakistani) players should have been allowed to play the way they wanted to. The example I like to give is Sehwag - he plays the way he wants to and succeeds. If you tell Sehwag not to play any shots ever and just block, his average will become 18 too, like Hafeez," Ali said.
//
hmmm, but, thalaivar has very good technique for defense as well, once gavaskar told in commentary "viru has an excellent defense technique too, otherwise one cannot make big scores so often" :P

satissh_r
24th March 2010, 09:25 AM
hmmm, but, thalaivar has very good technique for defense as well, once gavaskar told in commentary "viru has an excellent defense technique too, otherwise one cannot make big scores so often" :P

I like what H Bhogle said once about his batting and I quote - " there is a method to this madness " :mrgreen:

Sourav
25th March 2010, 07:36 AM
Unfamiliar tag sits heavy on Daredevils

The Delhi Daredevils find themselves in unfamiliar territory, going into their game against the Royal Challengers Bangalore without the tag of favourites. For two seasons, the Daredevils have walked onto the field with the knowledge that they had the best opening pair in the world, a penetrative pair of fast bowlers, and all-rounders who could rise to the occasion.

Gautam Gambhir went through the paces in the nets, on the field, and on the sidelines of a practice session and is set to return to active duty.

The real question isn’t so much who the favourites are in Thursday’s clash, but what plan the Daredevils have devised to stop the Bangalore team from winning their fifth game from six matches.

The home team has played a lot of cricket in the last week, and might well choose to rest a few of its players, giving those on the bench a game in order to keep them match-ready should the need arise. But drawing solace from this is not the way Delhi play their cricket.

Virender Sehwag remains the most dangerous batsman in the game, irrespective of the format. Even with the likes of Yusuf Pathan and Matthew Hayden pushing opposition bowlers onto the back-foot, it is Sehwag’s presence at the top of the order that inspires most fear, if you can call it that.

Bangalore have relied on Dale Steyn to provide searing pace — he has regularly clocked in the high 140s and occasionally gone past 150 — and Kumble to apply the choke-hold. The tactic has been highly successful and Kumble’s economy rate of a shade over five per over speaks for itself.

Delhi are no slouches in the speed stakes, with Dirk Nannes running in as tirelessly as ever and hitting the deck hard. He will enjoy the extra bounce that the fantastic Chinnaswamy Stadium wicket has provided so far. But Steyn has his job cut out for him, with every batsman in the Bangalore top order — save Rahul Dravid — being among runs so far.

Dravid, who has barely got a chance, was promoted to No. 3 against the Chennai Super Kings and might well stay at that position should Jacques Kallis be dismissed early.

The Daredevils came to Bangalore early, and have put in two hard training sessions, and if they don’t leave empty-handed, they would have won one of the big games of the tournament.[tscii:e2e77b3ea2][/tscii:e2e77b3ea2]
http://www.hindustantimes.com/specials/cricket/IPL/Unfamiliar-tag-sits-heavy-on-Daredevils/cricket/SP-Article10-522897.aspx

Sourav
25th March 2010, 09:48 AM
Vinay Kumar is making heads turn with his effective slow bouncer
Vinay is really looking forward to Thursday’s game against Delhi Daredevils, where he will be up against players like Virender Sehwag, Tillakaratne Dilshanand AB de Villiers.
http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_vinay-kumar-is-making-heads-turn-with-his-effective-slow-bouncer_1363073

Thalaiva, konjam gavanichu anuppu ivanai... :twisted: :P [tscii:297e01417a][/tscii:297e01417a]

BRC is having the best bowling unit so far in ipl.... DD have some explosive batsmen... it wil be a great contest... dilshan wil surely play today, hope he wil back to the ipl-2009 mode... ABD-ku remmbha chance koduthacchu... Gauti and Nehra's return wil boost both batting and bowling unit.

Probable XI:
Warner
Viru
Dilshan
Gauti
Henriques
Karthik
Sangwan
Mishra
Nehra
Nannes
U Yadav

satissh_r
25th March 2010, 04:38 PM
Thalaiva, konjam gavanichu anuppu ivanai... :twisted: :P [tscii:0b2e277088][/tscii:0b2e277088]

Avan innaikum thappichitan... next Haydenavathu avana adikanum...

mgb
25th March 2010, 05:38 PM
Kedar Jadhav - Chance kedacha udane evlo azhaga use pannikkaran :thumbsup:

Sourav
25th March 2010, 07:25 PM
Thalaiva, konjam gavanichu anuppu ivanai... :twisted: :P [tscii:29e741f6a0][/tscii:29e741f6a0]

Avan innaikum thappichitan... next Haydenavathu avana adikanum...ya, viru first ball-e sutthi out aagittan... nesstu meet pannalaam... but, the so called best bowling unit BRC has been hammered by DD batsmen... :yes:

Kedar Jadhav - Chance kedacha udane evlo azhaga use pannikkaran :thumbsup: yes na.. :clap:

DD... :victory: :clap:
ithukku than warner team-la venumgrathu, first match-lerunthu sonnen, yaaru ketta... :twisted:

Plum
25th March 2010, 07:37 PM
ithukku than warner team-la venumgrathu, first match-lerunthu sonnen, yaaru ketta
nalla paiyan. Enakku points vaangi kuduthadhu idhu varaikkum rendE pEru dhAn indha IPL-la - Yusuf Kaattan and Warner brother :-)

Sourav
25th March 2010, 07:44 PM
Kedar Jadhav - Chance kedacha udane evlo azhaga use pannikkaran :thumbsup:
he is the MOM... :clap:

Sourav
26th March 2010, 07:04 AM
Clarke threatens Sehwag’s ranking
Clarke, who hit a masterly 168, has jumped four places and now sits behind India’s Virender Sehwag whom he trails by just 17 ratings points.
http://www.indiablooms.com/SportsDetailsPage/sportsDetails250310h.php

:shaking:

Kalyan, wer r u? yethavathu manthiram solli kappathungo.
[tscii:70f433e48a][/tscii:70f433e48a]

Sourav
26th March 2010, 07:42 AM
Sehwag boost for Northants

(UKPA) – 7 hours ago

Northamptonshire confirmed on Thursday that world number one batsman Virender Sehwag is on course to play for them this summer.

The Indian's eye-catching signing was announced by Northamptonshire earlier this month, when they reported the deal was still subject to official agreement from the Board of Control for Cricket in India. But in a statement, the county's chief executive Mark Tagg confirmed they have now received a 'no objection certificate' from the BCCI.

The statement added: "The certificate is subject to the standard clauses that state, should Sehwag be selected to play for India, this will take precedence over his county commitments."[tscii:4bec3f1207][/tscii:4bec3f1207]

Sehwag, Gambhir to gift Kedar Jadhav a bat
Tushar Dutt / DNA
Friday, March 26, 2010 0:23 IST

Pune: Kedar Jadhav had a dream debut in the Indian Premier League. His 29-ball half century has impressed Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir so much so that they have decided to present him a bat on his 25th birthday that falls on Friday.

“Both Viru paaji and Gauti bhai have promised to gift me a bat tomorrow. They are very happy with my debut performance,” Jadhav told DNA after the game.

Ask Jadhav what words of wisdom he got ahead of his debut and he dwells on the confidence the team think tank showed in his abilities. “Everyone in the team showed faith in me and told me not to worry about anything. It boosted my confidence and I played my natural game,” Jadhav said.

Dinesh Karthik was mighty impressed by Jadhav’s showing. “So far, he has congratulated me at least six times,” Jadhav added. Incidentally, Jadhav was part of the RCB squad last season but didn’t get a game.

Sourav
29th March 2010, 07:30 AM
dd vs kkr... two of my fav teams r clashing today. both teams lost 3 and won 3 till now. I think kkr has less chance for semis and dd has more chance with the return of gauti. so, it wil be good if dd wins today, will be useful to qualify 4 semis. kkr win pannalum santhosham.

collingwood has joined the camp... wil he get a chance? He may replace mcdonald, who was very expensive in RCB match.

probables:

Warner
Viru :smokesmirk:
Gauti
DK
ABD
K Jadhav
c.wood / mc-donald
Mishra
Nehra
Nannes
U Yadav / Sangwan

U Yadav is bowling with good speed... he bowls consistently @ 140+... india-la vera evan 140+ poduraan... ishanth touches it few times.

Bond vs Viru,Warner
Naness vs Gayle

satissh_r
29th March 2010, 09:42 PM
What an innings ffrom Warner :notworthy: Great debut by Collingwood too :clap: Hope we win this one and break into top 4 :)

vanchi
29th March 2010, 10:09 PM
viru :oops:
oru biig inningku waiting :)

littlemaster1982
29th March 2010, 10:12 PM
What happened to Sehwag :| Drops Gayle of all batsman :banghead:

vanchi
29th March 2010, 10:24 PM
yes. another run out chance also.
luckily, gayle is out :P

littlemaster1982
29th March 2010, 10:26 PM
Gayle is gone :yes: Hussey-um out aayitta nalla irukkum :P

satissh_r
29th March 2010, 10:26 PM
Gayle is gone :yes: Hussey-um out aayitta nalla irukkum :P I want ALL OUT :P

vanchi
29th March 2010, 10:45 PM
Gayle is gone :yes: Hussey-um out aayitta nalla irukkum :P
:lol: husseym out
kkrku oooooooooothan pola.

Sourav
30th March 2010, 07:03 AM
What happened to Sehwag :| Drops Gayle of all batsman :banghead::| that was a sitter.

Viru rarely outsmarted by the bowler, yesterday was one of that. after he stepped down for two balls, i thought gayle wil bowl short, viru wil stay back in crease and hit that in covers.nu... but, he stepped down and lost his wkt... :sigh2: wen he smashed that 2 fours i was laughing to my roommates "thalaivar-ke powerplay-la spin-a..." the next ball, :cry: viru dug-out porathukulla VR msg-ed "victory" :curse:
thalaivar sothappunalum team is winning thats enough... 3 overs-la 3 wkts ponalum they have played their shots, kept that r/r above 8.5 all the time...
kaalingan, warner :clap: but, he was deliberately picking up singles in his 90s...in the last few overs...illana innum oru 15 runs vanthirukkum... nothing much to complaint but it might cost them if it was a close match.... warner played well in 3,4 matches, so next match sothappuvaan, but, viru and gauti will rock! :P bowling was good as usual, u yadav... 140+ :cool2:

Sourav
1st April 2010, 06:55 AM
TEAM PLAY WON LOST TIE NR PTS NRR

Mumbai Indians 7 6 1 0 0 12 +1.163

Delhi Daredevils 8 5 3 0 0 10 +0.213 :victory: :boo: :happydance: :smokesmirk: :swinghead:

Royal Challengers Bangalore 7 4 3 0 0 8 +0.734

Rajasthan Royals 8 4 4 0 0 8 -0.341

Chennai Super Kings 8 3 5 0 0 6 -0.089

Deccan Chargers 6 3 3 0 0 6 -0.369

Kolkata Knight Riders 7 3 4 0 0 6 -0.614

Kings XI Punjab 7 1 6 0 0 2 -0.698

Sourav
1st April 2010, 07:23 AM
:victory: very convincing victory... thats too against the team which i hate most, RR... :yes: DD lost early wkts in last 2 matches, but, still they could put good target on the board... karthik... :bow: chance-e illlla... viru didnt click in last 4 matches... bit worry... but, team is doing well... i wonder wat wil be the score if both viru and warner stay @ the crease for 10 overs... :P no nannes for next few matches.... bowling unit looks week. kamman delllliii...innum 2,3 match thotthalum epdiyaachum semis vanthurungo...

Plum
2nd April 2010, 07:16 PM
One thought that has been running through the mind is that:
There is one young batsman in india, who can hit thrillingly big and long and straight - off premier bowlers like Shaun Tait
There is another, who can swat full tosses and ordinary spinners and medium pacers but cant take simple short pitched bowling from even Vinay Kumar.

Yet, the latter, Yusuf Pathan is a cert for India while the former, Dinesh Karthik has to prove himself over and over again.

Seems to me the way Cricket is going, we'll have more of Yusuf Kaattans - and I wonder if my love for Cricket will sustain.

Sourav
4th April 2010, 11:22 AM
BRC...
ross taylor vera vanthuttan, valaiyam pottu adippan....
but, we have vettori now... :smokesmirk: thambi mcdonald, nee konja naalaikku rest edu... dilshu-um paavam, semis confirm aachuna chance koduppanga pola...

steveaustin
4th April 2010, 12:09 PM
but, we have vettori now... :smokesmirk: thambi mcdonald, nee konja naalaikku rest edu... dilshu-um paavam, semis confirm aachuna chance koduppanga pola...

DDD is in need of economical left arm spinner Vettori and it also give them the variety to their bowling attack. It will also strengthen their batting line up.

Amit Mishra-va ellAm namba mudiyAdhu. Thideernu expensive-A pOiduvAn. idhu varaikkum Delhi, slow turner-la avan nallA thAn pOttAn. Delhikku veLiyilE ellAm eppadinnu theriyAdhu.

What happened to Mcgrath? Has he left the DDD last season itself? :roll:

Finally Sehwag is due for a big score this season. He is going through a lean patch. I think Sehwag is struggling due to the slowness of the Delhi pitches. In Delhi, the ball is not coming on to the bat as in Chennai.

satissh_r
4th April 2010, 12:34 PM
Finally Sehwag is due for a big score this season.

I hope he has already realized he's due and gets a big one today. I would love it all the more because it will be against RCB :P

satissh_r
4th April 2010, 12:44 PM
"I can proudly say that I can be a good finisher. I would take that role of a finisher any day, it's a high-pressure job; MS Dhoni and Yuvraj Singh have been doing it for sometime now and I want to take over that job," Karthik told the Sunday Express

Thats some confidence! I hope he lives upto it now :D

For a full read

http://www.cricinfo.com/ipl2010/content/current/story/454742.html

Sourav
4th April 2010, 07:44 PM
Delhi Daredevils have won the toss and elected to bat....

BRC-ku chasing-na alwa saapdura maathiri aachey...... :oops:

no pandey,praveen...

Teams:
Bangalore Royal Challengers (Playing XI): Jacques Kallis, Robin Uthappa(w), Kevin Pietersen, Ross Taylor, Cameron White, Virat Kohli, Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble(c), Vinay Kumar, KP Appanna, Abhimanyu Mithun
Delhi Daredevils (Playing XI): David Warner, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir(c), Paul Collingwood, Dinesh Karthik(w), Daniel Vettori, Rajat Bhatia, Pradeep Sangwan, Kedar Jadhav, Amit Mishra, Dirk Nannes

satissh_r
4th April 2010, 07:51 PM
BRC-ku chasing-na alwa saapdura maathiri aachey...... :oops:

Innaiku irukkura avangaloda bowling line upku we should be scoring more than 180 which would take some chasing..

Plum
4th April 2010, 09:39 PM
"I can proudly say that I can be a good finisher. I would take that role of a finisher any day, it's a high-pressure job; MS Dhoni and Yuvraj Singh have been doing it for sometime now and I want to take over that job," Karthik told the Sunday Express

Thats some confidence! I hope he lives upto it now :D

For a full read

http://www.cricinfo.com/ipl2010/content/current/story/454742.html

Modhalla open pannudaa appuram finish pannalaam. Inconsistency remains a problem with him :(

Sourav
5th April 2010, 07:29 AM
But, viru and gauti r running for everything, even if the ball goes straight to the fielder... especially gauti... did that in both games.... thats not good at all, that wil cost heavily in some match...
GAUTI... :sigh2: u %$^%$^ there was no run at all... in last match too he ran out kaalingan in the same way.... this time he cost his wkt. Even in test matches he takes very risky singles... thambi gauthamu un aarvathukku oru alave illaiya..... ur wkt and others wkts r more important than those non-existing singles... u cant escape from direct hits all the times... :banghead: :sigh2:

But, :D 4 the :victory:

:boo: kammman tigers.... kammman....kammman.....kammman,,,

VinodKumar's
5th April 2010, 07:32 AM
GAUTI... :sigh2: u %$^%$^ there was no run at all... in last match too he ran out kaalingan in the same way.... this time he cost his wkt. Even in test matches he takes very risky singles... thambi gauthamu un aarvathukku oru alave illaiya..... ur wkt and others wkts r more important than those non-existing singles... u cant escape from direct hits all the times... :banghead: :sigh2:

avanoda attitude bayangarama change aana maari enakku oru feeling :?

VinodKumar's
5th April 2010, 07:34 AM

But, :D 4 the :victory:

:boo: kammman tigers.... kammman....kammman.....kammman,,,

yean KKR team ah cheer pannuringa intha thread la :?

Sourav
5th April 2010, 07:34 AM
enna solra, nethu chasing nan paakkala...
thoongitten... :fatigue:

Sourav
5th April 2010, 07:35 AM
yean KKR team ah cheer pannuringa intha thread la :?this is annan GM's dialogue... kkr is very inconsistent... avanuka epppo jeipanuganu avanugalukke therla...

Sourav
5th April 2010, 07:47 AM
NAME FOR M INNS NOS RUNS BALLS FACES FOURS SIXES AVG SR FIFTIES HUNS NINTIES ZEROS HS
Virender Sehwag Delhi Daredevils 9 9 0 260 149 36 11 28.89 174.5 2 0 0 0 75 v Rajasthan Royals

He is still in top-10 run getters... not bad... but, didnt score much in last few games... scored 35 yesterday... need more... :cry:

VinodKumar's
5th April 2010, 07:50 AM
enna solra, nethu chasing nan paakkala...
thoongitten... :fatigue:

illa ippo konjam scene podra maari naan feel pannuraen. This is my opinion.

Sourav
5th April 2010, 07:57 AM
hmmm... maybe. captain vera. :?
but, his running btw the wkts is very irritating.... goyyala, nee nalla ooduvangrathukkaka kaila koduthuttu ooda mudiyuma... inga ithey pola oodi nee out aagi matthavaniyum out panna kooda paravalla.... T20 wc-la aappu vacchiratha... :twisted: :x

Sourav
6th April 2010, 09:21 AM
Sehwag has become lot more patient now

There is a very thin line between success and failure. If you ask Virender Sehwag, it is a matter of how you look at things. “Half empty or half full”, he smiles. “A cover drive for four or disaster,” he explains.

“When I play a cover drive, I play it to score runs. I don't play a shot to get out. So, if the cover drive ends up in a catch at slip, I am spared of criticism. If it ends up in the hands at covers, I am slammed. The shot attempted has remained the same, only the mode of dismissal becomes different”.

Sehwag is making a point to defend his approach that is often described by critics as “reckless”. He insists it is “natural”.

Sehwag does not mince words. “I won't change my style”, he maintains. “My style is my strength. It is my natural game. That is how I grew up and scored most of my runs. I have matured in my shot selection but will not discard my style”, he asserts.

True, as Sachin Tendulkar had once said: “Sehwag won't be Sehwag if he was to curb his shots.” So, the team management made a momentous decision a few years ago that Sehwag will ‘NOT' curb his “natural” way of playing cricket.

“I don't believe in wasting balls.” That explains Sehwag's mindset at the crease, looking to belt the fourth ball too after having punished the preceding three.

What a transformation for someone who was rattled by the speed of the ball when facing Shoaib Akhtar on his debut. “I had never faced such fast bowling,” recalled Sehwag.

A couple of years later, he was whacking the same Akhtar in the most disdainful manner. When he made his Test debut in 2001 in a Test in South Africa, he joined Sachin Tendulkar in the middle and was given a short sermon.

Natural game

“Tension and pressure will be there but don't add to it. Just play your natural game as you do in domestic cricket,” Tendulkar advised him. Sehwag made the bowling look ordinary in a sensational innings that launched his career in style.

Sehwag is a rare entertainer. He does not bat differently, be it for India in a Test or one-day international or a T20 match, be it for Delhi or North Zone or his institution. “I don't worry about the pitch”. The bowlers agree.

“I do analyse the opposition”. They agree too. “And I am always confident”.

How? “I have been lucky to receive encouragement from all my captains (Sourav Ganguly, Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble, M. S. Dhoni). They have always insisted on having me in the team and that means a lot to me.”

Sehwag admits to becoming patient of late. “Sort of patient. Actually, I have become careful in my shot selection. I am neither over-defensive nor extra-aggressive. I curse myself if I get out without making a 100 after crossing a 40. I love playing in the ‘V'. And I remain positive even after getting out after making just two at times. I tell myself that I took guard with nothing against my name but now I have at least two.”

Oppositions do plan tactics. Keep a deep point, deep square leg, a third man if needed. They bowl into his body, pitch it short; in essence look to cramp him. But he innovates. And sometimes waits. “It is a mind game and I am good at it. I create shots (and gaps) to beat the field. Run-making has become tough.” Getting Sehwag remains tough too.

How does he handle success and criticism? “I welcome both. Praise will come when you do well. So, be prepared for brickbats when you fail. You are learning from both. Success prepares me well for the failures.”
http://beta.thehindu.com/sport/cricket/article388548.ece[tscii:f8a6f9cef3][/tscii:f8a6f9cef3]

Sourav
8th April 2010, 06:58 AM
u did it again... :banghead: It costs them the match... 4 run outs in 5 or 6 matches he has played.... inimalachum realize that ur wkt is more important than non-exisiting singles...
Gambhir: We should have finished the game but we lost wickets in the middle. Credit to Kolkata for playing better. My run out was the turning point, I need to start running better between the wickets. :twisted: The way me and Sehwag were going, we could have won this match, but as I said, the wickets cost us the match
Happy to see dada praising viru like anything... :D
Rudi.... :rotfl3:
viru, umpire thalaikku mela kaiya thookkura varaikku nagaratha, angeye steady-a nillu... athum rudi slow-motion-la kai thookurathukke 30 secs aagum... :rotfl2: yetthanai match thappa out koduthiruppanuga... :devil:

viru out-nu therinjathum poyirukkalaam, no complaints. but, i would have more happy if he left the crease like his idol once he knew thats out!

littlemaster1982
8th April 2010, 07:03 AM
Sourav,

Adhu clean out-a? Naan match pakkala.

Sourav
8th April 2010, 07:07 AM
Sourav,

Adhu clean out-a? Naan match pakkala.i heard the nick sound clearly in replays... snick-o meter podala...

littlemaster1982
8th April 2010, 07:12 AM
Very few batsman walk before umpires rules them out. Viru-vai thappu solla mudiyum-nu thonala :?

Sourav
8th April 2010, 07:17 AM
viru - making room to play in off side all the time, got out because of that... inside edge-bowled 2 times in a row...
yesterday he made his slowest fifty in ipl... :curse: he took 34 balls,... :P commentator said viru has the record for playing very less no-of dot balls (%) in all 3 ipl editions... watta record! thalaivaa... :bow: :bow: :bow:

Sourav
8th April 2010, 07:20 AM
Very few batsman walk before umpires rules them out. Viru-vai thappu solla mudiyum-nu thonala :?ya, not complaining... but, poyirunthanna gettha oru scene potturukkalaam enga room-la, engalu honestraj parambarai-da-nu.
yuvi - out-nu therinja poyiruvaan... i like him in that. :D

venkkiram
8th April 2010, 07:40 AM
ஷேவாஹின் ஆட்டம் எப்படி ரசிக்கும்படி இருக்குமோ அதுபோல நேத்து அவரை அவுட் செய்த அகர்கரின் பந்தும் மிகவும் அழகு. :clap: :clap: :clap:

vanchi
8th April 2010, 08:45 PM
sehwag :clap:

Sourav
9th April 2010, 01:37 PM
http://twitter.com/sehwagvirender

raajarasigan
9th April 2010, 02:02 PM
Very few batsman walk before umpires rules them out. Viru-vai thappu solla mudiyum-nu thonala :?I don't want batsmen to walk before umpires giving them out... simply because there are times when batsmen are given out wrongly... it has to be compensated...

From umpires perspective, our indian law should be applicable for them also... aayiram kutravaaligal thappikkalam.. aana oru nirabarathi kooda thandikkapada koodathu...

in cricket, it should be.. if it is NOT OUT, then it should never be given OUT... whereas if it is really out, it may be given as NOT OUT... use BOD ultimately....

even my most favourite batsman of all time Brian Charles Lara who was a walker commented that it was NOT mandatory to walk.. it is upto the batsman...

IMO, walking should NOT be a benchmark for sportsmanship in cricket...

19thmay
9th April 2010, 02:27 PM
When you can't protest the umpires wrong decisions [Incase if the referal system is absent] why a batsman should walk? Good point RR.

Kalyasi
9th April 2010, 02:31 PM
To me batsmen shld walk.. it makes the job of the umpire more easy... See you can always have a chat with the umpire before the game and explain him that from now on you will walk if you know you're out... so when you are not walking the umpire will trust you and you will not be given out wrongly... see whatever I am talking abt is a process and there needs to be a good understanding b/w the umpire and the player...

19thmay
9th April 2010, 02:37 PM
To me batsmen shld walk.. it makes the job of the umpire more easy... See you can always have a chat with the umpire before the game and explain him that from now on you will walk if you know you're out... so when you are not walking the umpire will trust you and you will not be given out wrongly... see whatever I am talking abt is a process and there needs to be a good understanding b/w the umpire and the player...

Hello! WC final crucial moment-la naan vaaku maaritena enna pannuveenga?

Kalyasi
9th April 2010, 02:40 PM

Hello! WC final crucial moment-la naan vaaku maaritena enna pannuveenga?

Athukku apparoma TV replay la poi paarthu, unna bongu nu seal kuthi, apparoma vara ella matchulayum thappu thappa decision koduthaalum kandukka maaten...

Kalyasi
9th April 2010, 02:41 PM
Sridhar I told you, its a process... it will take time to establish an understanding b/w the umpire and a player... but once established, it will be everlasting...

19thmay
9th April 2010, 02:43 PM
Eppdi Kalyan? Ippo naan oru shot aadurEn, ball light-a bat-a touch panni keeper catch pOgudhunu vainga, adhu enakkE therila, but snicko kaatudhuna enna pannuveenga? IMO kaasu koduthu umpire-nu edhukku nikkiraan? let him decide.

Kalyasi
9th April 2010, 02:43 PM
I guess Harper and Gilly have a very good understanding...

19thmay
9th April 2010, 02:44 PM
Sridhar I told you, its a process... it will take time to establish an understanding b/w the umpire and a player... but once established, it will be everlasting...

Its a wrong and risky process, IMO. Ellarum eppodhum orey maadhri irrupaanganu solla mudiyadhu.

raajarasigan
9th April 2010, 02:49 PM
Not only that... as 19th May said, most of the time, batsman himself may NOT know whether he is OUT or NOT....

Plum
9th April 2010, 02:58 PM
There is no one-size-fits-all solution.
Practically speaking, you need to be smart

If you are a player, then it helps to manage your image - when you make the most obvious nick, quickly walk. Thereby, you establish a "walker" image. If the stakes are low, then even walk for a not so obvious nick. Reputation strengthened. Then use this reputation to claim bump catches, not walk in crucial moments and indulge in all sorts of cheating. Everyone should know who I am referring to. It is not about "being a saint" but "projecting an image of a saint".

If you are an umpire/match referree, identify buddies among players to spend long evenings in tour drinking with you. Favour them. If your son is a player, then use your influence to help him get away with murder.

adhai vuttutut nyaayam, needhi, nermainu ellAm vINA pOga kUdadhu!

This will fetch much better returns than clapping at the umpire, shouting at him or the batsman.

Plum
9th April 2010, 02:59 PM
kals, ungaLOda ideal solution nadakavE nadakkAdhu because there will always be individuals who undermine the system.

Kalyasi
9th April 2010, 03:02 PM
Sari neenga sonna maadriye irukattum.. obvious nicks ku ellam walk pannitu, theva ngarappo nikkanum... ok

Dinesh84
9th April 2010, 03:03 PM
:yes: walking should not be set as benchmark for sportsmanship..

Dinesh84
9th April 2010, 03:04 PM
Plum, is it Gilchrist you were refering to ? :?

raajarasigan
9th April 2010, 03:06 PM
I am also NOT sure whom Plum is referring to

Kalyasi
9th April 2010, 03:12 PM
Gilly thaan ya.. ithula enna davuttu...

Sourav
15th April 2010, 06:57 AM
Virender Sehwag was named ‘Wisden Cricketer of the Year’ for the second time in a row on Wednesday. :clap:

Explosive Indian opener Virender Sehwag today to became 'Wisden Cricketer of the Year' for the second time in a row, beating off competition from England captain Andrew Strauss and Sri Lankan Tillakaratne Dilshan.

The award, which was instituted in 2004, has Australian captain Ricky Ponting, spin wizard Shane Warne and talismanic English all-rounder Andrew Flintoff among its past winners.

The Leading Cricketer in the World in 2009: Virender Sehwag

Several strong candidates advanced their case to be the Leading Cricketer in the World in 2009. None, however, made such an impact as to displace the incumbent, Virender Sehwag, India’s 31-year-old opening batsman, who extended the sport’s traditional boundaries further still. He scored more quickly than any specialist batsman in Tests or one-day internationals. Last year he broke Test cricket’s sound barrier by scoring at more than a run a ball.

Australia’s former captain Ian Chappell, in as good a position to judge as anybody alive, directly compared Sehwag to Sir Donald Bradman: they have the fastest scoring-rate among players of their generation, and are the only men to have exceeded 290 three times in Tests. Chappell called Sehwag “the greatest destroyer since the U-boat”, and dismissed the accusation that he prospered only in home conditions by pointing out that he averaged almost 50 abroad.

Sehwag raised the bar even higher than in 2008, when he had scored at a strike-rate of 85 runs per 100 balls in Tests, and 120 in one-day internationals.

In 2009 he did not play so much, after injuring his right shoulder during the second IPL, and for much of the year the giant rested. It was no coincidence that, in his absence, India were knocked out in the early stages of both the World Twenty20 and the Champions Trophy. He still played in all of India’s Test matches in 2009 – a three-Test series in New Zealand and another at home to Sri Lanka – and, in steering them to No. 1 in the Test rankings for the first time, Sehwag averaged 70, with a strike-rate of 108.9.

Adam Gilchrist had set a new standard with his strike-rate of 81.9 while averaging 47 in Tests, but he did so almost entirely from the relative comfort of No. 7 in one of the greatest Test teams of all. Sehwag has taken on the opposition from the first ball of India’s innings, shredding their confidence with his strokeplay, demoralising them as no Test batsman has done sinceBradman, who scored at 61.2 per 100 balls. In one-day internationals in 2009

Sehwag had a strike-rate of 136.5 – again, far higher than any batsman of substance has achieved over a lengthy period – while averaging 45.

“The feat of the year”, as Chappell called it, came when Test cricket returned to the Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai last December. Sri Lanka scored 366 for eight on the opening day as they attempted, in the last match of the series, to overturn India’s 1–0 lead. Next morning they continued to 393 all out; 79 overs remained in the day. Few would have thought of winning the game from this position, rather than settling for a draw. Sehwag did. By the close of the second day he had scored 284 not out from 239 balls with 40 fours and seven sixes – and Sri Lanka are Asia’s best fielding side.

By dispiriting bowlers Sehwag has made batting so much easier for teammates. Rangana Herath made a fine comeback last year as Sri Lanka’s left-arm spinner, yet, when he came on to bowl, Sehwag went down the pitch to drive his second ball for six. Herath’s fellow spinner was Muttiah Muralitharan, his captain Kumar Sangakkara – a candidate himself to be the Leading Cricketer in the World. But Sehwag still surged to the second-fastest Test double hundred ever recorded, from only 168 balls. Those of us who saw the fastest – Nathan Astle’s from 153 balls against England – would vouch that Christchurch’s drop-in pitch played as flawlessly as an artificial one.

Sehwag, not surprisingly, could not continue in the same vein next morning and was dismissed for 293 from 254 balls. But by then India had taken a first innings lead, and Sehwag had given his team so much time that even though Sri Lanka made more than 300 in their second innings as well, India won by an innings early on the fifth day, and took the series 2–0 to claim top spot.

While Sehwag was batting at the Brabourne, South Africa and England were preparing for a one-day international in Durban, and a television in Kingsmead’s pavilion was switched on silently while the captains did their press conferences.

Both Graeme Smith and Andrew Strauss kept looking at the distant screen to watch Sehwag. One definition of genius is doing what nobody else can: and in 2009 Sehwag batted like nobody else has ever done for any length of time.

Sehwag learned to bat on a driveway of smooth concrete beside his house on the outskirts of Delhi, with a younger brother and neighbours to bowl taped tennis balls quickly. If he had an identical twin, who batted at the same rate as Viru in 2009, India would score 600 in a day of 90 overs. Test cricket has been threatened by the greater excitement that is perceived in 50-over and 20-over cricket; it will not be if more batsmen emulate Sehwag, as he pushes back the parameters and scores at the same rate in Tests as others do in Twenty20.

Strauss was nominated by several correspondents who were consulted about this award. Besides leading England’s improvement in Test cricket to regain the Ashes, and squaring the four-Test series in South Africa, he also resurrected England’s 50-over cricket. But England under Strauss lost a Test series in the West Indies, which none of the main Test-playing countries had done for six years, although allowance has to be made for the fact that the captain had no say in his squad’s selection after his hurried appointment; and, in one-day cricket, England were hammered 7–1 by Australia during the year.

Tillekeratne Dilshan was the other main nominee. His case rests more on limited-overs than on Test cricket: if we deduct the Chittagong Test, in which he scored two hundreds, he averaged 52.80 last year, and did not make the Wisden Test XI as he gained only one of the three selectors’ votes. Superb in his hand–eye co-ordination, Dilshan came ever closer to Sehwag in his approach as he was promoted to open the batting for Sri Lanka in all three formats, without ever surpassing the trendsetter. He scored more runs in Twenty20 internationals than anybody else last year (471), although none in the World Twenty20 final at Lord’s. He can be credited with popularising the scoop on bended knee over the shoulder, but not its invention.

Sehwag has to be first on the team-sheet to represent the World, whatever the game’s format. He would take on the Martians, however hostile and alien their attack, disrupting their lines and wavelengths; and, if he succeeded, as he normally does, he would make life so much easier for those who followed.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/cricket/article7096140.ece
[tscii:8ea7bc2f69][/tscii:8ea7bc2f69]

Test remains the ultimate challenge: Sehwag
Vijay Tagore
http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/interview_test-remains-the-ultimate-challenge-sehwag_1371524

What does this award mean to you — second successive time?
I take it as an honour. It feels great when someone is appreciating your effort when you are playing for your country. It’s a great feeling. Awards always motivate you to stretch yourself more and perform better.

Is not there an irony that you have been adjudged best Test cricketer while many think that you are a T20 and an ODI specialist?
People may think so and I can’t change their perceptions. I love to play all formats of the game and more importantly I always intend to play the way I play. I love my game and am enjoying my stay in the middle.

Ian Chappell said you are the biggest destroyer of cricket ball.
Again it is his personal opinion on which I cannot have any say. I love to dominate the bowlers and attack them. As an opener, if I don’t attack the new ball, the bowler will put pressure on me. Instead I will try to put pressure on the bowler and dominate him from the first ball.

There is a perception that if Test cricket has survived the T20 onslaught, it is because of players like you.
Test cricket was always there and will always be there. I started playing Tests about eight years back and it is getting better. Ask any player, he will tell you that he wants to play Test cricket and score runs. That is the ultimate and biggest challenge for any cricketer. Any player can take wickets and score runs in T20 and ODIs. But Test cricket demands skill, dedication, hard work, technique…

Your teammates say you are the most impact player in the India side.
I cannot comment on that. If people are saying that, my answer is that my job is to win the game for my country. Every player wants to win for his country and I’m no different.

What’s your aim now?
Same as before I got this award. My target is to give my team a good start and covert them into big scores.

Which of your innings last year you rate as your best?
I think the one I scored in Nagpur. I got a century under pressure. The team was three down for nothing. The situation demanded that I stay there and score runs. Then, of course, that 293 against Sri Lanka in Mumbai.

Which format you enjoy most?
T20 is more enjoyable. Because there are only 120 balls and you have all the freedom to go after the bowler to score as many as possible in as few balls as possible. But I love the five day format. I like the challenges that come in Test cricket.

Your favourite Test cricketer?
My favourite cricketer is Sachin Tendulkar and my choice doesn’t change with the format. He is the best in every format.

Who is the most difficult bowler for you in the recent times?
Muttiah Muralitharan.

India are the No.1 Test team and you could be key to the team staying there long.
No. I’m not the key factor. The key is the team and collective effort. I’m just part of a team that has many key players. In bowling, Zaheer, Harbhajan, Amit Mishra and Ishant Sharma have done well for us. And in batting we have players like Sachin, Rahul, Laxman, Dhoni, Yuvi…It’s a team effort.

ajithfederer
15th April 2010, 06:27 PM
:thumbsup: Viru.

Sourav
16th April 2010, 08:03 AM
[tscii:bcf5ccfa40][/tscii:bcf5ccfa40]
Gambhir: The top order should have been more responsible. It is all about finishing the job. I hope they bat with more responsibility in the next game. Chasing 113 was not an easy job and you can’t just bat irresponsibly. The top order needs to show some responsibility. You can’t bat like that and leave the job for the lower order. It was a matter of one big partnership. For us, it was more important to finish off the game and get two points. We were not concerned about the net run-rate. I never gave any instructions to the top order batsmen that they have to finish off the game within the 13th or 14th over. Personally, it is a huge satisfaction to have seen the team through in this particular game.u have played really well yesterday, in that hot condition... :bow: no second thought in that... manhas too... :clap: but, responsibility patthi nee pesatha... we all knew how u have thrown ur wkt away in silly run outs at crucial times which cost us the match in last few games... In yesterday's match too u took very risky singles which could have out by some distance, csk fielders have missed that. Viru enna ashwin over-la unnecessary-a down the track erangi stumped-la out aanana? illa yethachum slog panni out aanana... :twisted: he hasn't tried anything silly imo...if the ball is in the slot, he will alwys go for it... u want him to leave that alone? if u want a solid and safe start for a small target then u should have opened the innings... not big hitters like viru, warner... dravid-i opening erakki 6,4-um adichuttu vaa-nu solra maathiri than irukku viru,warner-i paathu poruppa single porukki aada solrathum... (vinod, no offense meant) let them play freely in their own way... they might fail in few matches, but, they can win matches single handedly on their day... Dont forget most of the DD's victories came with the help of warner and viru's good knocks... they r the top run getters for ur side in this series... viru(348) warner(277)...

i also disappointed that viru didnt score big in this series as much as i expected, but, couldnt bear someone attacking him... :oops:

ajithfederer
16th April 2010, 09:34 AM
Sourav, Cool please. :D (Vedikkai, naan idhai solren)

Sourav
16th April 2010, 10:25 AM
:P
gauti has played really well... ooda mudiyama nadanthu nadanthu singles eduthappo paavama irunthuchu... ipdi ennai kaaaya vutteengalaenu kaduppula than apdi pesiruppanu nenaikkuren... :lol:

his captaincy.... viru suggested him to give another over for nanness who was bowling well... but, gauti didnt... gave to U yadav.... 11 runs... at the end of the match nanness has bowled only 3 overs... :|

littlemaster1982
16th April 2010, 10:27 AM
It's not easy for a fast bowler to bowl a three overs spell in Chennai heat. Did you see what happened to Bollinger?

Sourav
16th April 2010, 10:30 AM
It's not easy for a fast bowler to bowl a three overs spell in Chennai heat. Did you see what happened to Bollinger?ya, saw that... :) kashtam than... but, nehra bowled three overs continuously.... avan onnum kashtapatta maathri therla.

littlemaster1982
16th April 2010, 10:40 AM
Nehra podaradhu less than 135K dhane. But yeah, you can't say Nannes wouldn't have bowled well. DD jeyichadhaala idhu perusa theriyaadhu.

19thmay
16th April 2010, 11:37 AM
It's not easy for a fast bowler to bowl a three overs spell in Chennai heat. Did you see what happened to Bollinger?

Seriously I dont understand one thing, I agree that humidity is high and sultriness prevails. But can't a bowler bowl 18 balls?
Idhukke ippadina apparam test matches mattum eppdi aaduraanga?

Naanum paathtrukEn media-vum, commentators-um Chennai-ya ennamO sahara paalaivanam maadhri kaatikittu irrukaanga, slow motion-la badri thalaya thookuraan, sweat-u aruvi maadhri kottudhu, camera effectoda boundary line-la neruppu eriyira maadhri kaaturaanga, ennangada dEi! :x

littlemaster1982
16th April 2010, 11:52 AM
Sridhar,

It's because Bollinger is not used to these conditions. I'm not degrading Chennai here. I have never seen Sachin getting dehydrated before. He used to suffer from cramps during long innings, that too few years back. Nowadays he is quite fit. If Sachin couldn't manage, imagine about others.

Gambhir played a 10 hour knock in Napier. Yesterday, he could barely run after 18 overs. Intensity of a T20 is way too high compared to tests.

VinodKumar's
16th April 2010, 11:59 AM
dravid-i opening erakki 6,4-um adichuttu vaa-nu solra maathiri than irukku viru,warner-i paathu poruppa single porukki aada solrathum... (vinod, no offense meant)

padicha udanae reply pannaumnu veri vanthuchu bracket matter potu escape aagitinga :lol:

Between enga aalu hard hit la kedayathu soft hit layae strike rate maindain pannuvaar. this kumble :evil: did not give him chance in last match also. He is been used like oorukaai in this series :curse:

ajaybaskar
16th April 2010, 11:59 AM
Sridhar,

Playing in humid conditions is much worse than playing in hot sun.

littlemaster1982
16th April 2010, 12:04 PM
dravid-i opening erakki 6,4-um adichuttu vaa-nu solra maathiri than irukku viru,warner-i paathu poruppa single porukki aada solrathum... (vinod, no offense meant)

padicha udanae reply pannaumnu veri vanthuchu bracket matter potu escape aagitinga :lol:

Between enga aalu hard hit la kedayathu soft hit layae strike rate maindain pannuvaar. this kumble :evil: did not give him chance in last match also. He is been used like oorukaai in this series :curse:

Dravid-kkum Kumble-kkum edho prachnai-nu ninaikkiren :confused2:

Kalyasi
16th April 2010, 12:07 PM
ithukaagave BRC ya ozhichu kattanum ba... Rascals..

VinodKumar's
16th April 2010, 12:08 PM

Dravid-kkum Kumble-kkum edho prachnai-nu ninaikkiren :confused2:

I guess next year Dravid will not be an icon player and he ll not be selected in Bangalore team.

Kumble mela respet irunthuchu ellam rejet paniiyaachu.

Kalyasi
16th April 2010, 12:09 PM
Dravid Much needed for CSK...

19thmay
16th April 2010, 12:11 PM
LM,

You seems to be too sensitive these days! :P

I don't bother even if you degrade Chennai. I felt that media was just magnifying Chennai climate. Non-Indian players complain panrangana vera vishayam, saga citizen-gal sollum pOdhu thaan pathikitu varudhu! :evil: Sachin, that was his bad day avvalo thaan.

But you are comparing Test innings vs T20 innings and you say intensity is too high for T20? May I know in what way? :o

littlemaster1982
16th April 2010, 12:18 PM
LM,

You seems to be too sensitive these days! :P

Naan normal-adhane reply pannen :roll: Avlo harsh-aava irundhudhu :?

I don't bother even if you degrade Chennai. I felt that media was just magnifying Chennai climate. Non-Indian players complain panrangana vera vishayam, saga citizen-gal sollum pOdhu thaan pathikitu varudhu! :evil: Sachin, that was his bad day avvalo thaan.

Media magnify pannittudhan irukku. At the same time, we can't say it's not tough to play in Chennai in summer.

But you are comparing Test innings vs T20 innings and you say intensity is too high for T20? May I know in what way? :o

The format is too short to make any error. Chances of a recovery is way too less. That's what I meant when I said intensity is high.

19thmay
16th April 2010, 12:20 PM
Sridhar,

Playing in humid conditions is much worse than playing in hot sun.

Thats right I understand! But playing a match ~for 3 - 3:30 hours with 4 strategic time out's is ok in humid conditions.

VinodKumar's
16th April 2010, 12:20 PM
Dravid Much needed for CSK...

Venam kalyan. Its better for him to show middle finger to BCCI and play some county cricket. Inga kadaisi varaikum mathikavae maatanga :cry:

19thmay
16th April 2010, 12:30 PM
Media magnify pannittudhan irukku. At the same time, we can't say it's not tough to play in Chennai in summer.

Am not saying its an easy thing but oorE theepudichi eriyira maadhri persuradhu thaan thappunu solrEn.

The format is too short to make any errors. Chances of a recovery is way to less. That's what I meant when I said intensity is high.

Playing a long test innings needs a challening mental strength, clean strategy for new ball, weather, run rate, wickets falling in the other end - apparently, the intensity is much more than T20 IMO.

I agree that recovery is tough but in what way you are relating it with intensity, I am still surprised!

Kalyasi
16th April 2010, 12:33 PM
I'll have to agree with Sridhar here...

littlemaster1982
16th April 2010, 12:46 PM

Am not saying its an easy thing but oorE theepudichi eriyira maadhri persuradhu thaan thappunu solrEn.

I agree there have been too much of talk about conditions in Chennai.

Playing a long test innings needs a challening mental strength, clean strategy for new ball, weather, run rate, wickets falling in the other end - apparently, the intensity is much more than T20 IMO.

I agree that recovery is tough but in what way you are relating it with intensity, I am still surprised!

Of course, playing tests require mental toughness and lot more skills. Let's say there is a quick fall of wickets in test match. Batsman can bid time, play waiting game and slowly build the innings. T20-la idhukkellam time-e illa. Game gets changed within matter of few overs. Adhaidhan sonnen.

Plum
16th April 2010, 01:54 PM
Dravidkum Kumblekkum prachaiyA? ennappA keLappi vudarInga?
apdillAm oNYum theriyalaiyE.

indha varusham cup jeyikkalainA, Mallya Kumbleku kalthA kuduthuduvAr. I think Dravid has done enough to retain his place.

Actually, Dravid is the sort of guy who will deliver as captain given enough time. He should have continued - Mallya didnt have the foresight; Although Anil did well, I feel sad for Dravid. If you notice, it is his picks - Virat, Kallis, Steyn etc - that are doing well for BRC.
He groomed Vinay, Apanna etc in the first season when they were pathetic and it is bearing fruits now.

But it is the nature/destiny of Dravid that someone else will reap the fruits of his labour.

littlemaster1982
16th April 2010, 02:22 PM

Neenga mattumdhan conspiracy theories-lam kilappi viduveengala :P

raajarasigan
16th April 2010, 02:25 PM
But it is the nature/destiny of Dravid that someone else will reap the fruits of his labour.neenga Gangulya solrelo.. :wink: :P

Plum
16th April 2010, 02:41 PM

Neenga mattumdhan conspiracy theories-lam kilappi viduveengala :P

:-). keLappunga keLappunga, nallA keLappunga.

Sourav
17th April 2010, 09:23 AM
http://www.hindu.com/2010/04/17/stories/2010041753751600.htm

Sehwag deserved his accolade as Wisden's Leading Cricketer of the Year. Doubtless he was delighted by the recognition. It is an honour to be plucked from peers. Admittedly a cricketing award is not quite a Nobel Prize or even an Oscar but it is prestigious and the Delhiite has every right to be pleased. It has been no mean feat to rise in the era of Tendulkar, and sometimes even to surpass him. Where Tendulkar remains the master, Sehwag is the maestro.

Of all the attacking opening batsmen the game has known, and the number increases as the game shortens, Sehwag is the best. His strength lies in the combination of mind and spirit he has brought to his batting. Some swashbucklers rely on instinct, put themselves at the mercy of fickle forces. As a rule these fellows fade quickly once the eye loses its lustre and the feet slow a fraction.

Other dashers are more calculating, slashing away like adventurers cutting a path through a jungle. They bat with unremitting purpose and reason. The risk rests in the trip to the jungle not the cutting of the path.

Instinctive, methodical

Sehwag is both instinctive and methodical. Recently he remarked that he did not want to think too much lest it inhibit him. A famous conductor had a similar approach, trusting his accomplished players, letting them loose. Clint Eastwood had the same idea, as did Bob Dylan. Both men preferred first takes because they were fresh, distrusted the cramping of the idea.

Sehwag has a made gleam in his eye but he knows his game. For him, attack is both natural and sensible because his defence is shaky :? and patience is not a strong point. Crucially he has the courage of his convictions. Half measures are not for him. Only concerted attacks work.

Sehwag is a great and underestimated batsman still at the peak of his powers.
Thalaivar has won the wisden award for the 2nd time... but, nobody here applauded him... too bad... :twisted:

VinodKumar's
17th April 2010, 09:26 AM

Sehwag deserved his accolade as Wisden's Leading Cricketer of the Year. Doubtless he was delighted by the recognition. It is an honour to be plucked from peers. Admittedly a cricketing award is not quite a Nobel Prize or even an Oscar but it is prestigious and the Delhiite has every right to be pleased. It has been no mean feat to rise in the era of Tendulkar, and sometimes even to surpass him. Where Tendulkar remains the master, Sehwag is the maestro.

Of all the attacking opening batsmen the game has known, and the number increases as the game shortens, Sehwag is the best. His strength lies in the combination of mind and spirit he has brought to his batting. Some swashbucklers rely on instinct, put themselves at the mercy of fickle forces. As a rule these fellows fade quickly once the eye loses its lustre and the feet slow a fraction.

Other dashers are more calculating, slashing away like adventurers cutting a path through a jungle. They bat with unremitting purpose and reason. The risk rests in the trip to the jungle not the cutting of the path.

Instinctive, methodical

Sehwag is both instinctive and methodical. Recently he remarked that he did not want to think too much lest it inhibit him. A famous conductor had a similar approach, trusting his accomplished players, letting them loose. Clint Eastwood had the same idea, as did Bob Dylan. Both men preferred first takes because they were fresh, distrusted the cramping of the idea.

Sehwag has a made gleam in his eye but he knows his game. For him, attack is both natural and sensible because his defence is shaky :? and patience is not a strong point. Crucially he has the courage of his convictions. Half measures are not for him. Only concerted attacks work.

Thalaivar has won the wisden award for the 2nd time... but, nobody here applauded him... too bad... :twisted:

I appreciate him. :lol2:

Sourav
17th April 2010, 09:32 AM
ur siggy...
but, sreesanth team-la irukka mattane...

satissh_r
17th April 2010, 09:44 AM

:notworthy: :shoot: :happydance: :cheer: :victory: :clap:

VinodKumar's
17th April 2010, 09:44 AM
I guess he will be there. Kadaisia oru vaati kandipa try pannuvaanganu thonuthu.

ajithfederer
17th April 2010, 10:39 AM
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2095223#2095223

Instinctive, methodical

Sourav
19th April 2010, 08:20 AM
:cool2: feddy... :D

Disappointing ipl for viru and DD.... nessstu meet pannalaam...
//

A Batsman of Note, Even Against the Martians
By HUW RICHARDS
Published: April 18, 2010

As sporting awards go, it lacks the status, hallowed in years, of prizes like the Cy Young in baseball or even Wisden’s Five Cricketers of the Year. Yet there is an impressive ring to “The Leading Cricketer in the World.”

That is the title Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack, the game’s 146-year old annual work of record, has again bestowed on the Indian batsman Virender Sehwag. He is the first repeat holder since the prize was created in 2004.

The winner is decided by the Almanack’s editor, Scyld Berry, after consultation with an informal panel of experts. The question they ask themselves is: Who would be the first name on the team-sheet for a notional World XI to play Mars?

It might be argued that the award comes in a period when bowling is comparatively weak. Sehwag’s main rivals for the award this year were both batsmen, Tillakaratne Dilshan of Sri Lanka and Andrew Strauss of England. Last year, the other leading candidate was another batsman, Graeme Smith of South Africa.

Of the authentic bowling giants of the past decade, paceman Glenn McGrath of Australia has been followed into international retirement by two spin-bowling legends, his compatriot Shane Warne and Anil Kumble of India, while a third spinner, Muttiah Muralitharan of Sri Lanka, appears to be in decline. The next generation is not, as yet, so compelling.

Sehwag is an authentic original. He has shown that even in the oldest organized team sport, it is still possible to redefine ideas of what is possible.

Sehwag’s attacking style is made for the shorter forms of the game, with their emphasis on rapid scoring. Yet as Berry writes, Sehwag’s name would be the first on the list for a test team as well. It is his record in the five-day test, the oldest and still most prestigious format, that truly underlines his standing.

He is not quite the fastest scorer in the history of test cricket. Adam Gilchrist, a wicketkeeper who played tests for Australia from 1999 to 2008, and, before him, Kapil Dev, India’s all-rounder of the 1980s, scored a little faster than Sehwag. They, though, batted in the lower middle-order, where there is license to take risks.

Sehwag, by contrast, opens the batting. He faces the opposing team’s fastest bowlers when they are at their freshest and armed with a new ball. His prime task is that of any opener: to ensure that he survives this opening onslaught. Solid defensive batting is the essential underpinning.

Stroke-makers are certainly not unknown in the position, but Sehwag attacks the bowling like no previous opener. In 2009 he averaged more than a run per ball in tests, “breaking cricket’s sound barrier,” wrote Berry. In 2008, Sehwag scored at 85 runs per 100 balls.

In opening a test against Mars, Berry wrote, “if he succeeded, as he normally does, he would make life so much easier for those who followed.”

It is one of cricket’s eternal truths that attractive stroke-making batsmen tend to get out quicker than their duller counterparts. Yet Sehwag has shown he can bat for a very long time. He and Sir Donald Bradman are the only men with three scores of more than 290 in test cricket.

All of this speaks of mental strength and clarity. A teammate on the Delhi Daredevils of the Indian Premier League tried to start a technical discussion about batting, only to find that Sehwag summed up his approach as “see ball, hit ball.”

Such straightforwardness does not aid him in every area. While India’s acting captain, he upset the Bangladeshi team by calling it “ordinary.” Flattery, some might say, given Bangladesh’s woeful record in tests. This goaded the Bangladeshis into a performance rather better than ordinary.

There is, though, nothing very simple about Sehwag’s miraculous combination of hand-eye coordination, balance, technique and concentration.

His true standing is underlined by the retrospective list, compiled by Wisden in 2007, of Leading Cricketers in the World dating from 1900.

Only five men would have won the award more than Sehwag’s two times: Bradman (10), Gary Sobers (8), Warne (3), Vivian Richards (3) and Jack Hobbs (3). That quintet happened to be the same men named in 2000 as Wisden’s Five Cricketers of the Century.

On this basis, Sehwag ranks so far as Cricketer of the 21st Century. Lucky century, to have such a champion. 8-) [tscii:36bef5b383][/tscii:36bef5b383]
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/19/sports/cricket/19iht-CRICKET.html

ajaybaskar
19th April 2010, 09:09 AM
they reached the SF in the last two editions, right?

Sourav
19th April 2010, 09:16 AM
they reached the SF in the last two editions, right?ya, first season viru and gauti did well, last time dilshan and ABD were in terrific form, this time their batting sothappufied big time which was supposed to be their strength... bowling was good as usual... U Yadav bowled continuously @ 145+ yesterday... :shock: :omg: a good talent to watch out...

VinodKumar's
19th April 2010, 09:27 AM
Enna sourav Title surungiruchu :lol2:

Sourav
19th April 2010, 09:31 AM
Enna sourav Title surungiruchu :lol2:rombha naala apdi than irukku... kannai poyi check pannuppu... :lol2:
// i change this thread title often wenever i get some nice words abt him in the articles. :P

//
Ithu vanga eda ella nee Singam petha pillai :?
purila? apdina.?

nice avatar... :cool2:

VinodKumar's
19th April 2010, 10:17 AM
Enna sourav Title surungiruchu :lol2:rombha naala apdi than irukku... kannai poyi check pannuppu... :lol2:
// i change this thread title often wenever i get some nice words abt him in the articles. :P

//
purila? apdina.?

Situation kku yetha maari naan oru title sollata :goodidea:

Anyway hope we can see 2 months back Viru in T20 WC.

Chennai - vanga kadal ella (ithuku Geography padichirukanum)

Singam petha pillai - Dhoni (ithuku thamizh padichirukanum)

VinodKumar's
19th April 2010, 10:32 AM

//
purila? apdina.?

typo va ippo thaan note pannaen :ashamed:

Sourav
19th April 2010, 10:47 AM
they reached the SF in the last two editions, right?ya, first season viru and gauti did well, last time dilshan and ABD were in terrific form, this time their batting sothappufied big time which was supposed to be their strength... bowling was good as usual... U Yadav bowled continuously @ 145+ yesterday... :shock: :omg: a good talent to watch out...

[tscii:3974897dc9]
Pace, the final frontier

Delhi: On a day when Delhi Daredevils lost out on a semi-final berth, most of their players had a disappointed look on their face, including an emerging fast bowler from Vidarbha. The name’s Yadav, Umesh Yadav, and emerging James Bond-style into the action, the quickie burst onto the scene and shot out some of the big names in Indian cricket.

For someone who only started playing serious cricket when he was 19, to have already made a name for himself by the time he is 22 is quite remarkable. Yadav has impressed most who have seen him bowl this summer in the IPL playing for Delhi. Coming into the tournament his claim to fame was that he could bowl around the 140kmph-mark and had got Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman out to short-pitched balls that hurried onto them. It is an achievement simply because the two batsmen we just spoke of belong to the category of some of the finest pullers in Indian cricket and to knock them over is no mean task.

Playing his first match in the IPL against Chennai Super Kings, he started off by bowling a peach of a delivery, a yorker right in the blockhole, at 143 kmph. The batsman onthe receiving end was Parthiv Patel, who somehow dug the ball out. Talking about his first delivery of the tournament, and the pace he bowled it at, Yadav said: “It was my first game, so was very excited and also we needed a wicket at that time so I thought of starting with a yorker.”

For a nation that is starved of fast bowlers who can hurry the batsmen, it was a special sight to see someone actually bowling 140kmph and above consistently rather than just making tall claims.

Yadav believes the IPL has given him the recognition he was looking for and believes things can only get better from here on.

“Last year I was injured so did not get to play, and this year I did and thankfully things have gone my way,” he said. “I do not have any targets to bowl at 145 or 150 [kmph] but just to bowl fast and get wickets. I have been training to do that and it feels great that it is showing here. Thanks to IPL, I got a chance to show what I can do, IPL has been like a blessing for me.”

Dirk Nannes, the other main fast bowler in the DD team, was heard to exclaim after that opening yorker: “Geez! Where was this guy hiding for the past two years?”

In response to hearing of the Australian’s reaction, Yadav laughed and said: “It is nothing, he is just pulling my leg, I was injured last year so did not play and this year I have done well. I am just happy about that.”

Already in the running for the IPL Under-23 Success of the Tournament award, this young man has impressed everyone with his pace and the ability to think out a batsman using his bouncers. Delhi Coach Greg Shipperd had said of Yadav in a press conference that the Daredevils were lucky to have a domestic bowler who can operate so rapidly as opposed to other teams who have had to look to fill that slot with overseas players. The Indian was one of the reasons why the Daredevils managed to perform decently even after losing Nannes to injury for a few games.

Along with Yadav himself, the entire nation must be hoping that the new kid on the block gets a national call-up soon and he puts an end to the debate on why Indians cannot bowl fast.

Fast is what Yadav does, and fast is 145kmph!
Pace, the final frontier

Delhi: On a day when Delhi Daredevils lost out on a semi-final berth, most of their players had a disappointed look on their face, including an emerging fast bowler from Vidarbha. The name’s Yadav, Umesh Yadav, and emerging James Bond-style into the action, the quickie burst onto the scene and shot out some of the big names in Indian cricket.

For someone who only started playing serious cricket when he was 19, to have already made a name for himself by the time he is 22 is quite remarkable. Yadav has impressed most who have seen him bowl this summer in the IPL playing for Delhi. Coming into the tournament his claim to fame was that he could bowl around the 140kmph-mark and had got Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman out to short-pitched balls that hurried onto them. It is an achievement simply because the two batsmen we just spoke of belong to the category of some of the finest pullers in Indian cricket and to knock them over is no mean task.

Playing his first match in the IPL against Chennai Super Kings, he started off by bowling a peach of a delivery, a yorker right in the blockhole, at 143 kmph. The batsman onthe receiving end was Parthiv Patel, who somehow dug the ball out. Talking about his first delivery of the tournament, and the pace he bowled it at, Yadav said: “It was my first game, so was very excited and also we needed a wicket at that time so I thought of starting with a yorker.”

For a nation that is starved of fast bowlers who can hurry the batsmen, it was a special sight to see someone actually bowling 140kmph and above consistently rather than just making tall claims.

Yadav believes the IPL has given him the recognition he was looking for and believes things can only get better from here on.

“Last year I was injured so did not get to play, and this year I did and thankfully things have gone my way,” he said. “I do not have any targets to bowl at 145 or 150 [kmph] but just to bowl fast and get wickets. I have been training to do that and it feels great that it is showing here. Thanks to IPL, I got a chance to show what I can do, IPL has been like a blessing for me.”

Dirk Nannes, the other main fast bowler in the DD team, was heard to exclaim after that opening yorker: “Geez! Where was this guy hiding for the past two years?”

In response to hearing of the Australian’s reaction, Yadav laughed and said: “It is nothing, he is just pulling my leg, I was injured last year so did not play and this year I have done well. I am just happy about that.”

Already in the running for the IPL Under-23 Success of the Tournament award, this young man has impressed everyone with his pace and the ability to think out a batsman using his bouncers. Delhi Coach Greg Shipperd had said of Yadav in a press conference that the Daredevils were lucky to have a domestic bowler who can operate so rapidly as opposed to other teams who have had to look to fill that slot with overseas players. The Indian was one of the reasons why the Daredevils managed to perform decently even after losing Nannes to injury for a few games.

Along with Yadav himself, the entire nation must be hoping that the new kid on the block gets a national call-up soon and he puts an end to the debate on why Indians cannot bowl fast.

Fast is what Yadav does, and fast is 145kmph! :thumbsup:[/tscii:3974897dc9]

this guy will be a better choice than praveen in west-indian pitches in t20 wc.

Sourav
19th April 2010, 07:10 PM
A blockbuster called Virender Sehwag

By Vineet Sharma, 17/04/2010

http://sports.in.msn.com/cricket/article.aspx?cp-documentid=3813046&page=3

Virender Sehwag has been adjudged as the 'Wisden Cricketer of the Year' for the second time in a row. Wisden, the bible of cricket, has a beautiful line in which it unravels the reason behind picking the Indian opener--"In 2009 Sehwag broke Test cricket's sound barrier."

The fact is Sehwag was at it right from the day he made his Test debut against South Africa in Bloemfontein in 2001, amidst the shambles of yet another Indian top-order collapse on foreign soil. It was refreshing to see someone other than Sachin Tendulkar go hard at the likes of Makhaya Ntini and Shaun Pollock on a pitch with liberal spread of grass. Sehwag's maiden Test ton came at a strike-rate of 60.69 and was studded with 19 boundaries. Earlier, in the year his first century in One-Day Internationals brought India victory in a crucial tie against the Kiwis in a tri-series in Sri Lanka. Sehwag blazed in Colombo, and his Bloemfontein knock only assured us, that the youngster from Delhi wouldn't back down in the longer version of the game.

Questions were raised when Sehwag was introduced as a Test opener in India's tour of England in the summer of 2002. Does he have the technique to counter the late swing? Will he be able to cope on the green wickets and prosper under heavy skies? Sehwag made 84 runs in the first innings of the First Test at Lord's. Chasing England massive first innings lead of 487 runs, his 84 came off just 96 deliveries--being bogged down is an unknown expression in Sehwag's dictionary.

A century in the drawn Test in Nottingham testified Sehwag's ability to adapt on surfaces which were strange to him. Adapt would be an incorrect deduction, Sehwag stuck to his uncluttered approach of see and hit the ball on varying pitches across the cricketing globe. And he made merry from Melbourne to Multan. Virender Sehwag's success affirms that cricket is very little about technique and very much about confidence. Sehwag may be less than vintage, but the one thing which the batsman has got in large supply is the ticker. Fearlessness and audacity come easy to him. In Melbourne, Sehwag was dismissed for 195--trying to launch Simon Katich for a six to get to his double. Most batters would wait and watch, with Sehwag it is simply not the way he has been wired.

Sehwag with his carefree style turned the Test opener's role on its head. The cautious approach was thrown to the gutters---the shine off the ball was removed at a much quicker pace. Sehwag fed off the attacking fields. The very strategies that were adopted to make full use of the new ball and take advantage of a nervy batsman, now provided easy spaces for Sehwag to crash the ball to the boundary. Bowlers pitched the ball up in search of the edge, and Sehwag would drive along the covers, flick through midwicket, or punch the ball straight past the wicket. Short deliveries were ferociously slammed to the point boundary. And when the aggressive fielding positions slackened into a more defensive field, Sehwag attacked more.

All top batsmen in world cricket are sitting on a heap of runs. What makes Sehwag different is that his runs are accumulated at a supersonic speed. And he attacks from ball one. If the first delivery of a First Test on a green wicket under darkened skies is a loose one, Sehwag will deliver the punishment. Situations hold no importance for him--and this very attitude has been a double-edged sword for him. Circumstances do not dictate Sehwag's game play; it's Viru who plays the big boss every time. This has been a major reason behind his success and also one for critics to continually harp on. :|

Sehwag being selected as the 'Wisden Cricketer of the Year' is no suprise. His rocket-speed and the consistency in which he churns out massive scores make him the don of the batting fraternity. The Delhi opener may lack the gum-chewing arrogance of Sir Vivian Richards, but his butchery in the middle is sure to make the West Indian proud. In the early stages of his career Sehwag was called a lesser version of Sachin Tendulkar -- more in praise less in sarcasm. With passing times, Viru has made sure, that he did enough to be in his own league.[tscii:201a63833d][/tscii:201a63833d]

steveaustin
19th April 2010, 07:57 PM
Enna sourav Title surungiruchu :lol2:
Finally, it has happened after Sourav put the following siggy. Sehwag plays tests like ODIs. ODIs like T20s and T20s like Super over. (Everything in terms of no. of balls he played, that's what I've said earlier. Sehwag proved me.) :lol2:

Gauti vAyAlayE kettAru. vAya vechuttu summA illAma RR oru ordinary side-nnAru. appuram ellA game-laiyum D cube team ordinarykku oru padi mElayE pOittA mAdhiri Ayiduchu. What a great balanced team they had. D cube is an excellent team in the IPL. Atlast, they are Delhi Disastrous Devils. I never thought D cube would have played so poorly. Viru's poor shot selection is his own downfall as well as D cube. :|

PARAMASHIVAN
19th April 2010, 08:02 PM
விருமன்டி இந்த 2010 ஈPள் ல மிகவும் நன்ராக விழையாடினர் :rotfl:

Sourav
20th April 2010, 07:15 AM
Steve, right! DD was the strongest team on paper along with MI. But, they never played to their potential. silly run-outs, poor shot selection etc... Bowling unit was good. Hope U Yadav make it to the national team soon!

vanchi
20th April 2010, 09:13 PM
DD well balanced team. ella batsmenum suiside squad mathiri out ayiranga. waste of talent

feel sad for viru for missing out T20 :(
(great for vijay)

Sourav
21st April 2010, 07:15 PM
[tscii:493f58f65b]
Vijay is delighted that he has got an opportunity to play at the showcase event.

But, he is also disappointed because his “mentor” Virender Sehwag, who has injured his shoulder, will not be playing for India. Vijay is replacing Sehwag in the side.

Asked if he was disappointed that he wasn’t a first-choice player in the World Twenty20 squad, Vijay told a select group of reporters at the MA Chidambaram Stadium at Chepauk on Monday, “No, I’m disappointed that my mentor 8-) Virender Sehwag will not be playing the T20 World Cup. I heard he has suffered an injury and that is unfortunate.”
http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_mixed-feeling-for-murali-vijay_1373726

Viru tweets,

Hi guys I know u want to know that how I ve got injured will tell u very soon,taking permission frm bcci.[/tscii:493f58f65b]

Plum
21st April 2010, 07:38 PM
Imagining a Sehwag mentoring session:

Vijay: Sir, I spoke to Dravid and he said when you are playing on a turning pitch, you must take a stride forward and kill the turn. What do you think
Sehwag: See Ball. Hit Ball
Vijay: Sachin was telling me that footwork is very important. What is your thought?
Vijay: What should be the head position while attempting a cover drive?
Vijay: Sir, how do you manage those upeprcuts for sixer over point. Do you ensure that you are outside the line, and align your foot movement accordingly?
Vijay: Sir, that hot girl over is winking at me. What should I do?

Sourav
26th April 2010, 07:47 AM
In this week Aanantha Viaktan,
"sehwag murali vijay-ku thodanthu india aniyil vaaippu alikkumaru srikkanth-idam kettu kondullar, athargaka thanathu opening-i vittu keezhirangi aadavum thayar endru solliyullar..." 'ithukkakave 'veeru' kondu adinga vijay!'
it should have been b4 his injury.... if the news is true, viru! :bow:

satissh_r
26th April 2010, 09:31 AM
In this week Aanantha Viaktan,
"sehwag murali vijay-ku thodanthu india aniyil vaaippu alikkumaru srikkanth-idam kettu kondullar, athargaka thanathu opening-i vittu keezhirangi aadavum thayar endru solliyullar..." 'ithukkakave 'veeru' kondu adinga vijay!'
it should have been b4 his injury.... if the news is true, viru! :bow:

Sourav, Srikanth said this on live television after the CSK RR match. I already posted this in some other thread.

Sourav
26th April 2010, 09:52 AM
:cool2: sathish.... viru related posts yethuva irunthalum ingaye post pannirunga pls, nan mattha threads ellam athigam check panrathulla...

Viru tweets,

i have tear in rotator cuff muscle, thats wat Dr saying!

//

Sehwag inspires Warner to give Test cricket a shot

Swashbuckling Indian opener Virender Sehwag has inspired Australian big-hitter David Warner, who is considered a Twenty20 specialist, to think of a Test future.

Both Warner and Sehwag play for the Delhi Daredevils in the Indian Premier League and have struck up a friendship.

"He said you have to play as much cricket for your country. He said you'll be playing Test cricket in the next two years and you'll be taking over my record of most runs in a day. He has scored something like 284 runs in a day and said he wanted me to get 300," Warner was quoted as saying by The Daily Telegraph.

"It put a smile on my face and it's a challenge for myself. I want to play Test cricket," he said.

Warner said Sehwag told him to target Test batting records.

"Sehwag said in Tests you can play all your shots and if an opposition is 0-100 off 15 overs in a Test, you'll have them run off their feet," Warner said.

"I said it's a good philosophy to have and if I can open the batting in first-class cricket for NSW, I'll play my attacking role but also knuckle down when the time comes. If I can play a quarter of the Tests Punter (Ricky Ponting) has played I'll be happy," he added.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/specials/cricket/IPL/Sehwag-inspires-Warner-to-give-Test-cricket-a-shot/cricketnews/SP-Article10-535485.aspx

Happy to see Viru inspiring everyone, motivating, encouraging young talents... vijay says viru as his mentor, gauti says viru is his idol, rohit sharma told his 300 came-up after viru's motivation, ishanth, mishra, t yadav have also praised viru's support in their success... now warner. way to go viru.... :P

Sourav
28th April 2010, 06:50 AM
Kabul ka Sehwag & friends take on Indian idols

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Kabul-ka-Sehwag---friends-take-on-Indian-idols/612247

When India play Afghanistan in their opening match of the ICC World Twenty20 Championship on May 1, Dhoni’s men will be taking on a part of their fan club. Taking the field for Afghanistan will be boys and men who have grown up idolising Dhoni, Sehwag, Yuvraj, Zaheer, Yusuf Pathan and, of course, Tendulkar.

Opener Karim Sadiq’s mates call him ‘Kabul ka Sehwag’ for his big hitting, and it is obvious who Sadiq’s cricketing hero is. “In January 2004, the Afghanistan Under-19 team toured India, and in a game at Mohali I scored a century, hitting six sixes. The Indian boys started calling me ‘Kabul ka Sehwag’, and the name stuck,” he grins. “I have videos of all Sehwag’s knocks in my laptop.” 8-)

Sadiq is disappointed he won’t meet his idol in the Caribbean — the Indian star having had to drop out due to injury. “I had planned to ask him for an autographed T-shirt. I have heard Gautam (Gambhir) is his close friend, maybe I will ask him to arrange a meeting with Sehwag,” he says.

Wicket-keeper Mohammad Shahzad is a big M S Dhoni fan. In fact, his teammates call him MS, the initials he shares with the Indian captain. Shahzad insists on wearing, like Dhoni, jersey number 7.

Sadiq says all-rounder Mohammad Nabi is called ‘Yuvraj’ in the Afghan team. “He’s an all-rounder and has a huge collection of Yuvraj’s posters at home. The only problem is Nabi is right-handed,” he laughs.

Shahpoor Zadran, a strapping left-arm fast bowler, is called Zak — after Zaheer Khan. Zadran has an economy rate of 6.57 in T20 cricket, and the only Afghan bowler to take four wickets in a match.

Bashir Stanikzai, manager of the Afghanistan team, says Zaheer and big-hitting Yusuf Pathan are very popular in his country. Batsman Raees Ahmedzai, who once hit 13 sixes in a match, is a diehard Pathan fan.

According to Stanikzai, one question everyone asks in Afghanistan is why Tendulkar no longer plays T20 for India. “While we were preparing for the World T20, we watched all IPL games. Every time Tendulkar walked in to bat, we were puzzled why he wasn’t in the national team. He has just proved in the IPL that he’s so good in this format too,” he says.

Stanikzai says his team had an intensive five-week training programme in Lahore, and later in Sharjah. “We had approached the Indian board for organizing our camp, but it didn’t work out,” he adds.

Young all-rounder Hamid Hasan feels Afghan cricketers are tailor-made for T20. “If you look at us, you will know that we’re well built and rely on strength. Smaller formats suit our aggressive approach to cricket,” he says.

And adds, half in jest, “I hope our performance in the Caribbean catches the eye of a some IPL team-owner.”[tscii:ba5577cf34][/tscii:ba5577cf34]

jinju
28th April 2010, 12:02 PM
thanks sourav for the article...ivaingellam ivlo terror-aava irukkraanga...?! enna nadakkapogudho!

Sourav
29th April 2010, 06:19 AM
"You take these impressionable kids [players] to these parties, and all sorts of dirty folks are approaching them. [Gautam] Gambhir and Viru [Sehwag] are not interested. Lalit Modi personally dragged Viru to two parties, and he ran away five minutes after Modi left. He doesn't want to go there."
http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/stories/s2884430.htm

Sourav
2nd May 2010, 12:30 PM
Junior Viru,
http://twitpic.com/1jxanf
http://twitpic.com/1k847z

Viru tweets,
Great finish by dhoni n yuvi. Gud that yuvi is inform. Vijay batted very well.

Australian opening batsman David Warner believes that his Delhi Daredevils’ team-mate Virender Sehwag is the best Twenty20 batsman he has seen.
http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_virender-sehwag-is-the-best-t20-batsman-david-warner_1377296[tscii:6028b9d65a][/tscii:6028b9d65a]

Sourav
4th May 2010, 06:14 PM
Viru tweets,
Blessed with baby boy, both r fine.

Congrats Viru... :D

littlemaster1982
4th May 2010, 06:21 PM
Congratulations Sehwag :thumbsup:

Appu s
4th May 2010, 06:32 PM
Congrats Viru bhai! :thumbsup:

satissh_r
4th May 2010, 06:39 PM
Veeru 3.0 :thumbsup: Congratulations :)

Plum
4th May 2010, 07:27 PM
Junior Viru,

Viru tweets,

Australian opening batsman David Warner believes that his Delhi Daredevils’ team-mate Virender Sehwag is the best Twenty20 batsman he has seen.
http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_virender-sehwag-is-the-best-t20-batsman-david-warner_1377296[tscii:dd51cd5a28][/tscii:dd51cd5a28]

oops two separate matter in one post. modhalla confuse aayittEn - Virukku kozhandhai, Yuvi, Vijay ellAm enna batting paNNAngannu

raajarasigan
4th May 2010, 07:31 PM
Junior Viru,

Viru tweets,

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_virender-sehwag-is-the-best-t20-batsman-david-warner_1377296[tscii:4f62f38757][/tscii:4f62f38757]

oops two separate matter in one post. modhalla confuse aayittEn - Virukku kozhandhai, Yuvi, Vijay ellAm enna batting paNNAngannuaen.. ethukku... neenga ippadi sonnathukku appuram marupadiyum ithai padicha "Great finish by dhoni n yuvi. Gud that yuvi is inform. Vijay batted very well" :lol:

VinodKumar's
4th May 2010, 08:23 PM
Congrats Viru !!!

Title la maathungappa oru oru thadavai um Dhoni thread nu nenachu ulla vanthu mokka vangikitae irrukaen.

tamizharasan
4th May 2010, 09:05 PM
Congrats Viru !!!

Title la maathungappa oru oru thadavai um Dhoni thread nu nenachu ulla vanthu mokka vangikitae irrukaen.

avaru oru nErmaiyAna.........

Police officera.

nErmaiyAna nnu sonnAlE police officer thaana.

:lol:

raajarasigan
4th May 2010, 09:35 PM
Congrats Viru !!!

avaru oru nErmaiyAna.........

Police officera.

nErmaiyAna nnu sonnAlE police officer thaana.

:lol: :lol: yechagalainna naayathan irukkanuma.... yechagalai singam.. yechagalai nari... aen yechagalai poonaiya kooda irukkalam

Sourav
10th May 2010, 06:44 PM
Viru tweets,
No&yes r d words which need a long thought. Most of the troubles in life r d result of saying yes 2 soon or no 2 late. thatthuvam... :rotfl2:
dunno from wen thalaivar became chalkpiece...(socrates) :lol2:

Prabo
10th May 2010, 06:45 PM
Team missed 'Bayamariyaan' Sehwag badly :cry: Within few deliveries he creates fear in the conscious, unconscious & subconscious minds of the bowler and disrupts all their plans. Sourav, keep this title 'Bayamariyaan' for Sehwag for any future thread. I guess it wont fit anyone so perfectly like Viru.