PDA

View Full Version : Weapon of Ball Destruction - [[-¤--^ V I R U ^--¤-]]

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Sourav
11th May 2010, 07:34 AM
'bayamarian'-nu vaikkalaam... but, athu aazhwar movie tagline aachey... athan bayama irukku... :shaking:

ajithfederer
11th May 2010, 08:19 AM
:lol: :lol:.

Viru tweets,
No&yes r d words which need a long thought. Most of the troubles in life r d result of saying yes 2 soon or no 2 late. thatthuvam... :rotfl2:
dunno from wen thalaivar became chalkpiece...(socrates) :lol2:

VinodKumar's
11th May 2010, 10:10 AM
'bayamarian'-nu vaikkalaam... but, athu aazhwar movie tagline aachey... athan bayama irukku... :shaking:

:lol2:

Rocky89
11th May 2010, 11:17 AM

:lol:

Prabo
11th May 2010, 04:43 PM

O...aazhwar padathaku tagline vera irukka :lol:

Kalyasi
11th May 2010, 08:28 PM
Viru Tweets

"See d clock only when u have no work,don't see the clock when u r working,bcoz clock is a lock of success."

villan007
11th May 2010, 08:33 PM
Viru Tweets

"See d clock only when u have no work,don't see the clock when u r working,bcoz clock is a lock of success."

mothalla nalla neram paathu adutha match la iranga sollanum..eppo paaru injury injury nu... nerame seri illa :lol2:

Sourav
13th May 2010, 08:53 PM
sehwagvirender
Busy in NCA, working hard on my fitness guys. Shoulder is getting better n better. :D

sehwagvirender
A lovely frdship should have d determination of a mirror which never loses its ability to reflect even if it is broken into thousand pieces.
ada ada! :clap:

mgb
13th May 2010, 09:03 PM
sehwagvirender
A lovely frdship should have d determination of a mirror which never loses its ability to reflect even if it is broken into thousand pieces.
ada ada! :clap:evano forward panna sms'a twitter'a post panraan.. idhuku kai thattal vera :evil:

Thirumaran
13th May 2010, 09:26 PM

Aazhwar tagline is not for the Hero.. But for the audience :yessir:

Sourav
14th May 2010, 06:29 AM
sehwagvirender
ada ada! :clap:evano forward panna sms'a twitter'a post panraan.. idhuku kai thattal vera :evil:that was a sarcastic clap... :noteeth:
check my reply for prev. thatthuvam... :P
http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2119535#2119535

Sourav
14th May 2010, 06:35 AM
http://www.espnstar.com/cricket/india/news/detail/item439998/Sehwag-to-lead-India-in-ODI%27s,-T20%27s

someone pls post the full content...
thanx in advance!

Rocky89
14th May 2010, 07:38 AM
[tscii:0ff6672dfd]Sehwag to lead India in ODI's, T20's?

Mahender Singh Dhoni’s days as India’s T20 and One-day captain seem numbered, if top sources in the Indian cricket board are to be believed.

By Dinesh Chopra

Dhoni could be replaced by opening batsman Virender Sehwag but will continue to lead the side in Test matches. Sources told espnstar.com that the move could come about as early as the Asia Cup in June which takes place in Sri Lanka.

“The feeling within the BCCI is that Dhoni isn’t able to bat at his best as captain of the Indian team,” said an official privy to the developments within the Board.

“The selectors are of the opinion that he should be relieved of his duties and given the space and freedom to express himself as a hard-hitting batsman.”

The reasoning seems off the mark as Dhoni averages 58.86 in the ODIs where he has led India whereas his overall average is 51.13.

It is learnt that the split captaincy has been deliberated for quite some time now but wasn’t enforced as the selectors wanted to give Dhoni a long rope.

A disastrous ICC World Twenty20 campaign proved to be the final straw. “He seems a captain bereft of ideas and imagination.

"It has been two World T20 Championships in a row where the team hasn’t been able to win a single Super Eights game. Therefore the selectors want to make a change and see if it works. Also, with the 2011 World Cup approaching there is a feeling to bring the change now,” said the source.

Sehwag, who stepped down from the captaincy of the Delhi Daredevils last year, wasn’t available for comment.
[/tscii:0ff6672dfd]

Sourav
14th May 2010, 09:07 AM
lol... it will be very unfair if they sack dhoni.... its not gonna happen anyway... just rumour i believe. And thalaivar captain aana ppl will start to diss @ his natural game play. if he play his aggressive shots and get out early some times, ppl will say 'ennada captain-nu konjam kooda poruppae illa, paruppae illa'nu...

MADDY
14th May 2010, 09:40 AM
And thalaivar captain aana ppl will start to diss @ his natural game play. if he play his aggressive shots and get out early some times, ppl will say 'ennada captain-nu konjam kooda poruppae illa, paruppae illa'nu...

adhukku dhaan "viru fans - enjoy" nnu poetten :lol: ........all criticisms on dhoni or the veruppu on dhoni is not actually on dhoni - its on "Indian captain" or BCCI captain :)

satissh_r
14th May 2010, 09:41 AM
And thalaivar captain aana ppl will start to diss @ his natural game play. if he play his aggressive shots and get out early some times, ppl will say 'ennada captain-nu konjam kooda poruppae illa, paruppae illa'nu...

adhukku dhaan "viru fans - enjoy" nnu poetten :lol: ........all criticisms on dhoni or the veruppu on dhoni is not actually on dhoni - its on "Indian captain" or BCCI captain :)

Paavam Viru :( Captaincy venamnu sonna nalla irukkum..

MADDY
14th May 2010, 09:47 AM

yen?? jeichha, idhe makkal thookki vechhi aaduvaanga........my frnd in ad agency says Dhoni has a whopping 40%+ share of ads in indian ad industry compared to other male models including bollywood stars and other cricketers..........IMO, it is one of the main business reasons as to why people/media bash Dhoni ..........in India, every issue has a basis of "economics"

VinodKumar's
14th May 2010, 09:47 AM
Congrats Viru. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Sourav
14th May 2010, 09:53 AM
Congrats Viru. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :evil:

satissh_r
14th May 2010, 09:54 AM

yen?? jeichha, idhe makkal thookki vechhi aaduvaanga........my frnd in ad agency says Dhoni has a whopping 40%+ share of ads in indian ad industry compared to other male models including bollywood stars and other cricketers..........IMO, it is one of the main business reasons as to why people/media bash Dhoni ..........in India, every issue has a basis of "economics"

I'm only talking from a cricket perspective, people here pick on the captain for any failure. If he says yes for endorsements sake, he will be a goner soon :(

satissh_r
14th May 2010, 09:57 AM
If at all Viru is given captaincy, it should be for Tests only :)

Sourav
14th May 2010, 10:10 AM
He is a injury-prone, missing 30, 40% of the matches every year! So, it will be considered if they wanna appoint new captain..,

//
oru rumour-ku nama rombha discuss pannitom.... ithoda stoppidalaam... :P
As a viru fan i will be very satisfied with his batting alone, mothalla injury illama neraya matches aadunalae thats enough for me...
We didnt have viru in t20 wc-09,10 and last yr mini wc... we were knocked out early in all... i m sure his presence would have made some difference atleast in one tournament...

Dinesh84
14th May 2010, 10:47 AM
He is a injury-prone, missing 30, 40% of the matches every year! So, it will be considered if they wanna appoint new captain..,

//
oru rumour-ku nama rombha discuss pannitom.... ithoda stoppidalaam... :P
As a viru fan i will be very satisfied with his batting alone, mothalla injury illama neraya matches aadunalae thats enough for me... We didnt have viru in t20 wc-09,10 and last yr mini wc... we were knocked out early in all... i m sure his presence would have made some difference atleast in one tournament... :yes: IPL la kooda sariya vlaadala.. :(
ippo thalaivar pathavi vera kuduthutaanganna kastam :sigh2:

Rocky89
14th May 2010, 11:55 AM
Yes, Viru should not accept the captaincy. If at all they want to appoint new capt, give to Yuvi I say.

Already sothapuraan, captain aanalum athey form-la thaan irupan :roll:

satissh_r
14th May 2010, 12:15 PM
Yes, Viru should not accept the captaincy. If at all they want to appoint new capt, give to Yuvi I say.

Already sothapuraan, captain aanalum athey form-la thaan irupan :roll:

Unga plan enaku puriyuthu :lol: Plan vetri adaya vazhthukkal :wink:

Kalyasi
15th May 2010, 02:31 PM
Viru Tweets

" What is success..?in simple words when ur" SIGNATURE" changes to "AUTOGRAPH" that is success..!"

jinju
15th May 2010, 03:22 PM
Viru Tweets

" What is success..?in simple words when ur" SIGNATURE" changes to "AUTOGRAPH" that is success..!"

sabbaaaaaa mudiyala...avarodadhu pinju nenjamnu marupadiyum prove panraanga.... :D

no tweets from viru regarding the t20 debacle :roll: ?

Kalyasi
17th May 2010, 11:26 PM
Viru Tweets

"While working in a team,a good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of blame and a little less than his share of credit"

Sourav
18th May 2010, 07:18 AM
Thanks 4 the updates kalyan,

sehwagvirender
My shoulder is getting better. :D

Sourav
18th May 2010, 10:43 AM
"In the dressing room they told me I was hitting the good balls too, but if you look at it my way I hit only the bad ones."
Virender Sehwag redefines bad balls

"Cricketers use protection when playing the game and it's the same in life as well "
Virender Sehwag with an important message on World Aids Day

"If you try to hit a six I will hit you on the bum. "
Sachin Tendulkar's warning to Virender Sehwag during the Test against Pakistan in Multan, 2004. Sehwag reached his triple century with a six.

"We probably needed about 500 tonight the way they played. That would have been a good game."
Daniel Vettori after New Zealand were taken apart by Virender Sehwag in the one-dayer in Hamilton Mar 12, 2009

"I try to hum songs, bhajans, Sai Baba bhajans, Kishore Kumar songs, especially those pictured on Amitabh Bachchan, till the bowler is about to deliver. I try to sing songs as perfectly as possible in order to keep my mind completely uncluttered."
Virender Sehwag has a unique way of keeping focussed at the crease.

I don't listen to people, don't watch TV and don't read newspapers. It's better to use the time to work on your game.
Virender Sehwag reveals that he gives media coverage of his career about as much respect as he does to bowlers Jan 16, 2009

I don't believe in technique, I believe in performance. If you are tough, whether you have technique or not, you'll survive.
The philosophy behind Virender Sehwag's batting Dec 27, 2008

"He almost manipulates the field. You change it, and it's like he says: 'Right, I'm going to hit it somewhere else now'."
Andrew Strauss can't help admiring Virender Sehwag's batting

"I don't believe in astrology but my family members do. Too many people used to call up and pester me and my family to use different numbers. I was so fed up that I decided not to take any of their advices."
Virender Sehwag explains why he decided not to wear a number on his shirt for the fourth ODI against England. It did him no harm: he was named Man of the Match

Sehwag can change the course of a match with the ease of Moses parting the Red Sea.
Ian Chappell predicts an assault of biblical proportions

Virender Sehwag is a player of paranormal ability.
Navjot Sidhu explains the secret of Sehwag's success in a Ten Sports broadcast of India's first Test against Pakistan Mar 30, 2004

Well, we talked about not playing rash strokes. Of course, he hears me but I'm not sure if he ever listens.
Sachin Tendulkar talks about the advice he gave when Sehwag was on 295 Mar 30, 2004

Six for the triple. It tells you all you need to know.
A single stroke takes Sehwag from 295 to 301, and Michael Slater is struck by the wonder of it all Mar 29, 2004

Sourav
20th May 2010, 07:19 AM
sehwagvirender
i m on strict diet..not carbs..no juices.. trying to lose some weight,,, :cool2:
shoulder treatment is still going on and i have to do rehab everyday.

satissh_r
20th May 2010, 09:29 AM
sehwagvirender
i m on strict diet..not carbs..no juices.. trying to lose some weight,,, :cool2:
shoulder treatment is still going on and i have to do rehab everyday.

Great news :D Yuvi pola aalungalukellam itha pathu kathukitta ok :P

Sourav
23rd May 2010, 09:10 AM
Some old memories:

Viru's 201* vs Srilanka was selected as that yr's (2008) best test innings by cricinfo.

Scorecard (http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/343730.html)

Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctk7rbR_dQ0) //very short video, unable to find full highlights video..., if someone find pls post here.

A Sehwag blinder (http://www.cricinfo.com/talk/content/multimedia/386268.html)

Best Test Batting Performance

Virender Sehwag: 201 not out v Sri Lanka, second Test, Galle

Sambit Bal: Sehwag scored big and fast through the year - the triple century against South Africa in Chennai was monstrous and his 83 against England at the same venue was breathtaking and match-winning. But for me, his double-hundred stands out as the exceptional innings of the year because it ticked all the boxes for a great innings. Sehwag's innings had outstanding skills, breathtaking strokeplay and it won India the match.

It came against huge odds - India had been completely outplayed in the first Test in Colombo, and more than anything else, the Indian batsmen had been completely outfoxed by the spinners. Never have I seen them so clueless against a couple of spinners as they were against Muttiah Muralitharan and Ajantha Mendis.

After Colombo, India needed something absolutely special and inspirational and Sehwag provided that. The last time he had played Mendis was in the Asia Cup final in Pakistan and there he came out of his crease to the second ball he faced and was stumped. Here, in Galle, he had played himself in by the time Mendis came on to bowl. He had also played Murali a bit by then, but for the first five balls he faced from Mendis, he didn't leave his crease. In the sixth one he did and he hit him for a six over midwicket. Two balls later he cut a googly for four.

Sehwag was also outstanding against Murali. Sri Lanka kept six men on the leg side - three of them were on the boundary - and Sehwag just kept working Murali on the off side. He would open the face of the bat and place the ball between cover and extra cover, past mid-off, and behind point. I have never seen anyone play Murali that well. Sehwag was driving against the spin and he kept taking on the risk - because Murali turns the ball a lot. Though Sehwag hit 22 fours and four sixes in that innings, to me what was really special was the way he manoeuvred Murali.

He scored 128 of his 201 runs against both the spinners. Against Mendis he scored 70 off only 77 balls. That, in a way, sent a message out to Sri Lanka: the Indian batsmen can play spin.

Most of all, he won India the match almost single-handedly: 201 in a score of 329 - what more can you ask from your opening batsman? The next highest score was 56, by Gautam Gambhir. Sehwag also scored a quick 50 off 52 balls in the second innings. The next-best score in the entire match was 86, by Mahela Jayawardene, and that sort of sent a message that throughout the match he was on a different plane from any other batsman in the game.

Tony Greig: Virender Sehwag's 201 not out was the most incredible innings.

It was incredible in the first instance because he was on his own with the bat throughout that Test. It was a breathtaking double-century and it came against a remarkable spin attack. Bear in mind that Muttiah Muralitharan and Ajantha Mendis are two of the best spinners in the world, and when they operate together these days, they are very difficult indeed. All the Indian batsmen, apart from Sehwag, found them to be exactly that.

Sehwag scored 128 runs off the two spinners. The feature of the innings was that he was able to play with such confidence against these two bowlers who had mesmerised the rest of the batsmen.

As far as I'm concerned, Sehwag is, and will be for a while, the most dangerous batsman in world cricket. He makes it very hard for the opposition captain to set a total if a declaration is on the cards. He is one of those players who can turn a Test on his own. On this particular occasion, his 201 very definitely did that.

Sanjay Manjrekar: I am very happy for Sehwag because that performance of his really stands out in a season where we had some exemplary batting performances from some of the stalwarts of world cricket. That is the kind of impact Sehwag has on the Indian team and that is why I hold him in such high esteem. It always bothers me that the world doesn't stand up and take its hat off to Sehwag.

This innings was played in Sri Lanka, where the home team is a very difficult opposition. I have watched Sri Lankan cricket closely for the last five years and most teams, except perhaps Australia, have struggled against them at home. This time round, it was even more difficult because of the arrival of one sensational talent - Mendis. After the first Test, he had the Indians in a quandary. His mystery spin was creating all kinds of problems for the Indian stalwarts, except Sehwag, and to an extent Gautam Gambhir.

In the second Test, Sehwag got 201 runs out of a total of 329. Just two batsmen reached double-digit scores apart from Sehwag - Gambhir, who got 56, and VVS Laxman, who got 39. Sehwag hit four sixes and 22 boundaries in his knock. It was a typical Sehwag innings and what was really great to see was that while all the other batsmen had no clue about how to play Mendis, Sehwag was the only one who was willing to attack him. He actually went down the pitch and hit him over the top on a couple of occasions. I thought that was simply exceptional.

It was an exceptional innings from an exceptional talent. Sehwag is the deserving winner of this award.

Both barrels plus kitchen sink (http://www.cricinfo.com/awards2008/content/story/386501.html)

Sehwag's Mendis-conquering double hundred in Galle has been voted the Test Batting Performance of the Year in the Cricinfo Awards. A look back at the innings

Dileep Premachandran

January 16, 2009

Best Test Batting Performance
Virender Sehwag
201 not out v Sri Lanka
second Test, Galle

When you watch Virender Sehwag bat, it's easy to forget that the opener's job description once involved seeing the shine off the new ball. Yet, even by his cavalier standards, Galle was a high-water mark. India had been pulped at the SSC in the opening Test, and Sehwag's shot selection had attracted considerable criticism. Yet, after India won the toss there was not the slightest change in approach. By lunch they had gallumphed to 151 for 0, with Sehwag on 91. It was breathtaking stuff, especially the way he dealt with Muttiah Muralitharan and Ajantha Mendis, twin tormentors from the first Test.

The rain came down after that, and India could resume only four hours later. No cold start from Sehwag, though. He may have been within touching distance of another hundred, but you wouldn't have known without a glance at the scoreboard. Circumspection. What's that? Play had just resumed when Chaminda Vaas overpitched outside off stump. Sehwag's bat swished down and the ball went over midwicket. For six. Three balls later, he leathered one down the ground. A century from 87 balls.

If anything, his batting the following day was even more special. After the 167-run opening partnership, Sri Lanka fought back strongly, and only Sehwag showed the confidence and quickness of thought to combat the spinners. After the middle order subsided, Murali bowled most of the second morning with six fielders on the leg side. Sehwag, though, was utterly unflustered, stroking the ball against the spin with assurance. He opened the face of the bat, tapped into the vacant gaps and drove with awesome power at times.

Early in the day he stepped out to Murali and played a dazzling cover-drive, and on at least a couple of occasions he manufactured strokes despite being deceived in the flight. Until forced to slow down by the rash of wickets at the other end, he cruised along at a run a ball, driving and cutting with both precision and power.

Even more eye-catching was the taming of Mendis, whose carrom ball and other variations had decimated the heart of the batting order in Colombo. Sehwag's eye and quick hands, allied with a sluggish pitch, allowed him to play Mendis off the track, and the good work was stymied only by the lack of application from his team-mates. Even as Sehwag eschewed flamboyance and tried to farm the strike in the latter part of his innings, some of his colleagues attempted appalling strokes with not a thought for the set batsman or the match situation.

Sehwag scored 70 from the 77 balls that Mendis bowled to him, and 58 from the 81 he faced from Murali. Vaas went for a run a ball from 51 balls, and by the time the innings folded at 329, Sehwag had carried his bat for 201, an innings fit to compare with Graham Gooch's 154 (out of 252) against West Indies at Headingley in 1991. Gooch had blunted a fiery pace attack, while Sehwag had made two extraordinary spin bowlers look run of the mill.

Later, he spoke of playing Mendis off the pitch as though it was the simplest thing in the world. Others tried to pick him from the hand and failed. Sehwag trusted his instincts and played an innings for posterity. There is no point trying to emulate his methods: the man's one of a kind, seeing the shine off the ball in his own inimitable way. [tscii:b5a4e2bed7][/tscii:b5a4e2bed7]

ajaybaskar
23rd May 2010, 09:24 AM
I would rate Sehwag's 80 odd in chasing England's 386 as his best ever!! Truly a match winning knock..

Sourav
23rd May 2010, 06:06 PM
I would rate Sehwag's 80 odd in chasing England's 386 as his best ever!! Truly a match winning knock..
http://www.cricinfo.com/awards2008/content/story/385010.html
this innings also was nominated... but, they had selected 201* as best...

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/361050.html
so spl innings... changing the course of a test match with an just 100 minutes stay @ the crease is something really amazing!

//

sehwagvirender
Getting hooked to Twitter
http://tweetphoto.com/23481317 :D

http://twitpic.com/1qlux8

Sourav
29th May 2010, 11:06 AM
Viru's twitter page is 'Verified Account' now. 8-)

sehwagvirender
Kismt par apni hume naaj hota hai,jab apka khyal humare sath hota hai,lgta hai dil mein dhadkan hi nahi hai,jb apki kami ka ehsaas hota hai :confused2: wat it means?

Hi All.. I thought should share with you some pictures of my Gym session http://tweetphoto.com/24312425

Working on my Shoulder.. http://tweetphoto.com/24312751

Ab bade weights ki bari hai.. http://tweetphoto.com/24313386

With my trainer, pushing me for more workout.. http://tweetphoto.com/24313738

With the Medicine ball working on the shoulder again.. http://tweetphoto.com/24314204

Now that was a satisfying and tiring Gym session... http://tweetphoto.com/24314423

jinju
29th May 2010, 01:34 PM

sehwagvirender
Kismt par apni hume naaj hota hai,jab apka khyal humare sath hota hai,lgta hai dil mein dhadkan hi nahi hai,jb apki kami ka ehsaas hota hai :confused2: wat it means?

here we go sourav...
Kismt par apni hume naaj hota hai,jab apka khyal humare sath hota hai
iam proud when i think of my luck/destiny when thots about u are there with me...

lgta hai dil mein dhadkan hi nahi hai,jb apki kami ka ehsaas hota hai
i think my heart stops beating whenever i feel ur absence....

think this tweet is for his wife... :D !

Plum
30th May 2010, 01:25 AM
Parthiban style mokka kavidhai:
Wah! Ek sher khud sher sunaa rahaa hai!

jinju
30th May 2010, 10:00 AM
Parthiban style mokka kavidhai:
Wah! Ek sher khud sher sunaa rahaa hai!

edhaavadhu chinna sanda nadanthrukkum...phone, sms ellaam panniyum reacsan kedakkala naa ippdi edhaavadhu pannavendiyadhu....soappifying msg maari irukku... :D

Plum
30th May 2010, 08:26 PM
Jinju - avatar :thumbsup:

Regards Viru, I think that is supposed to be his paean to his fans. His marketing agent is working very hard, I suppose :)

Sourav
30th May 2010, 08:29 PM

sehwagvirender

here we go sourav...
Kismt par apni hume naaj hota hai,jab apka khyal humare sath hota hai
iam proud when i think of my luck/destiny when thots about u are there with me...

lgta hai dil mein dhadkan hi nahi hai,jb apki kami ka ehsaas hota hai
i think my heart stops beating whenever i feel ur absence....

think this tweet is for his wife... :D !

thanks jinju. :)

Sourav
2nd June 2010, 07:13 PM
http://twitpic.com/1t762p
http://twitpic.com/1t76zf
http://twitpic.com/1t781b
http://twitpic.com/1t7c4z
http://twitpic.com/1t7cbl

Sourav
9th June 2010, 07:52 PM
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Sehwag-back-from-injury--with-a-bang/631247/

The India opener showed his complete recovery by fielding in the deep and even bowling the final over and claiming two wickets. But that was a little trailer. The real Sehwag show started past 1 pm, when he opened the innings while chasing 297 in 40 overs. Sehwag scored 69 off 38 balls, with eight fours and four sixes.

Dinesh84
9th June 2010, 08:59 PM
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Sehwag-back-from-injury--with-a-bang/631247/

The India opener showed his complete recovery by fielding in the deep and even bowling the final over and claiming two wickets. But that was a little trailer. The real Sehwag show started past 1 pm, when he opened the innings while chasing 297 in 40 overs. Sehwag scored 69 off 38 balls, with eight fours and four sixes. :thumbsup:

Sourav
9th June 2010, 09:49 PM
Yuvraj will be back soon, predicts Sehwag

New Delhi, Jun 9 (PTI) India vice captain Virender Sehwag today threw his weight behind out-of-form Yuvraj Singh, calling him a "jewel" and predicting that the left-hander would soon be back in the Indian side after sorting out his fitness issues.

"He has been a jewel for India and I'm a great fan of him," Sehwag said.

"Times like this comes because of (lack of) form but I'm sure he would sort out his fitness and batting skills and will make a comeback soon," said the opener.

"All he needs is to spend time on his own and think about his game," advised Sehwag.

Yuvraj did not find a place in India's Asia Cup squad because of lack of form and poor fitness.

Yuvraj had a forgettable outing in Indian Premier League III and he looked out of sorts in the Twenty20 World Cup as well.
http://www.ptinews.com/news/704084_Yuvraj-will-be-back-soon--predicts-Sehwag
[tscii:150a509dac][/tscii:150a509dac]

VinodKumar's
9th June 2010, 11:52 PM
Mothala avara back la vara sollunga :lol2:

Sourav
14th June 2010, 11:43 AM
Virender Sehwag gave reason for worry on Friday when he called for a runner but nevertheless he provided a spectacle with a chanceless 159 from mere 103 balls, a knock which included 22 fours and five sixes at the Modern School Grounds. Riding on his century, his side Ragnigandha CC entered the final of the Lala Raghubir memorial tournament.

Sehwag had taken prior permission to skip the first day of the national camp in Chennai to get more match practice ahead of the Asia Cup. In hindsight it proved to be a correct decision given his scores, and the washout at the MA Chidambaram Stadium.

Sehwag is reported to have experienced stiffness in his legs while batting and decided against taking a chance and so he requested for assistance. However, he is expected to be fine for the tournament. Incidentally, Sehwag had played the runner’s role for Mithun Manhas during Thursday’s game in another club tournament.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Sehwag-warms-up-with-a-ton--Yuvraj-does-the-grind/632808
[tscii:613c0fbe6a][/tscii:613c0fbe6a]

Sourav
22nd June 2010, 09:49 AM
injury-prone :(

VinodKumar's
22nd June 2010, 09:58 AM
Ippo enna injury Viruku ? WC 2011 viladuvaara :twisted:

Athukulla team set pannanum.

Sourav
22nd June 2010, 10:08 AM
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Sehwag-ruled-out/Article1-561189.aspx
viru eppo fully fit aavannu therla... he struggled alot in pak match...

Sourav
6th July 2010, 08:05 AM
I am a Sehwag fan, says Demond Haynes

Dubai: Former West Indies opener Desmond Haynes has conceded that he is a big fan of Virender Sehwag and said he hardly misses an opportunity to watch the dashing Indian righthander in action.
“I am a Sehwag fan. If he is batting anywhere I make sure to watch him,” Haynes said. Haynes also issued some word of advice to Sehwag, who according to him “has the ability to take any bowler to the park”.
“Sehwag should now realise that every one will bowl very close to his body and hence he should practice to play more shots off his body,” the West Indian, who is here to conduct a coaching clinic, told Gulf News.
Haynes, who along with Gordon Greenidge formed a lethal opening combination for the West Indies during the 1980s, also praised Yuvraj Singh and said he was happy to see the lefthander’s return to the Indian Test side.
“Another exciting player for me is Yuvraj Singh and I am glad he is being given the opportunity again to play Test series against Sri Lanka,” he said. Haynes, who reckons Sunil Gavaskar as the “best opener the world has ever seen”, said among the bowlers he faced Kiwi legend Richard Hadlee was the most fearsome. PTI
[tscii:48cffab1e0][/tscii:48cffab1e0]
http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOINEW&BaseHref=TOICH/2010/07/06&PageLabel=18&EntityId=Ar01806&ViewMode=HTML&GZ=T

Sourav
9th July 2010, 07:59 AM
[tscii:8351b48944]Farewell Murali, one of a kind

One of the biggest compliments to Murali came from Virender Sehwag who rates the Lankan and Glenn McGrath as the toughest bowlers he had encountered. McGrath, Sehwag found, couldn’t be struck for fours at will and Murali he confessed, had a doosra he couldn’t read.

As Sehwag carved up a 201 not out in the 2008 Galle Test, the commentators marveled at the Indian opener’s strategic skill of hitting boundaries against the spin. Sehwag explained he had only been winging it: “I wasn’t able to pick his doosra so treated every ball as if that’s what it was and tried to hit it.”
http://www.backpagelead.com.au/cricket/1855-farewell-murali-one-of-a-kind[/tscii:8351b48944]

//

Lean Sehwag is ready for Sri Lanka, says coach
By: Sanjjeev K Samyal Date: 2010-07-09 Place: Mumbai

Virender Sehwag's coach A N Sharma tells MiD DAY that his ward has a new slim look and he could well be the scourge of the Lankans again!

As Virender Sehwag flies out with the Indian team today for their three-Test series in Sri Lanka, the only concern about the world's most dangerous batsman is his fitness.

The dashing opening batsman's body has not held up well in recent times. Sehwag has suffered frequent breakdowns and has missed some important events including the last two ICC World Twenty20 tournaments.

The latest setback was in the Asia Cup at Dambulla last month where he had to leave mid-way after India's first two games due to a pulled abdomen muscle.

Raring to go
His long-time coach A N Sharma was concerned over his ward's frequent injuries, but sounded optimistic. "I spent a lot of time with him on Wednesday. Viru said, 'Sir, I am fit enough'. I am glad he's doing a lot of gym work so I am confident the injury will not reoccur now," Sharma told MiD DAY yesterday.

"The hours spent on his fitness shows on his appearance. He has changed so much and looks very slim and trim. The injury occurred while running between the wickets in the last match (Asia Cup game against Pakistan). He suffered a muscle-pull near the waist and he told me, it was so painful that he couldn't even walk," revealed Sharma.

"Too much cricket is being played and sometimes our body doesn't cope with it. The days of playing for sheer enjoyment are long gone. The intensity is too much be it batting, bowling or fielding and it takes a hell of a lot out of you," explained Sharma.

Given his brilliant recent Test form, Sehwag's presence will be a huge morale-booster. He scored hundreds in his last two Tests against South Africa.

Intimidating record
That the first Test versus Sri Lanka is in Galle doesn't augur too well for the home team. While the Lankan bowlers are up against a formidable Indian batting line-up, there is no one they fear more than Sehwag. His last innings against them was worth 293 runs at the Brabourne Stadium. In the previous series played in Sri Lanka, it was Sehwag who was a thorn in the Lankans' flesh. Most of the Indian batsmen were clueless against Ajantha Mendis in the three-match series, but Sehwag single-handedly won India the second Test with an exhilarating innings of 201 not out and 51 in the second Test at Galle.

Sharma said Sehwag is in a perfect frame of mind. "He is quite cheerful and energetic and is raring to go," said his coach.

"He enjoys Test cricket and the public enjoys when he plays. Let's hope and pray he will continue from where he left off," signed off Sharma.

http://www.mid-day.com/sports/2010/jul/090710-Virender-Sehwag-Sri-Lanka-Test-Series.htm

Sourav
9th July 2010, 05:33 PM
‘Lanka an unfinished business’

G.S. Vivek Posted: Fri Jul 09 2010, 03:03 hrs New Delhi:

Virender Sehwag has been playing at different academies, on different wickets and against unorthodox bowlers in the run up to the three-Test series against Sri Lanka. On the eve of the team’s departure, the India opener pays tributes to Muttiah Muralitharan but is clear he doesn’t want to lose his wicket to the champion off-spinner.

Excerpts from a chat with The Indian Express:

How do you look at the upcoming Test series in Sri Lanka?

I am happy to be playing a Test match again. It’s been some time now since we played Tests. I am really looking forward to it. It will be a tough series because we (India and Sri Lanka) have played each other a lot in recent times and we know each other’s game very well now.

What do you do differently when preparing for a Test match?

It is not very different from the way I prepare for a One-day International or a Twenty20. I take the practice game very seriously. It gives me a good indication about what to expect. I focus on my batting rather than on what the opposition is doing. The only time I focus on the opposition is when I decide on which bowler to target.

Injuries must be frustrating... like the hamstring which ruled you out of the Asia Cup final.

It’s very frustrating to say the least, especially when you are hitting the ball well and scoring runs. Suddenly you are forced to sit out. I hope that my quota of injuries are over now. I am absolutely ready for the Test series.

How stiff a challenge is it playing Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka?

They have beaten most teams at home and they thrive on their home wickets. We have failed to win a Test series in Sri Lanka in the recent past. We have some unfinished business... like an unfinished assignment in Sri Lanka. We will definitely try to win this time.

The Galle match will be Muttiah Muralitharan’s last Test...

Murali has always been a very tough bowler to face. I am happy I won’t have to face him in the second and third Tests. I am determined not to lose my wicket to Murali in the first Test. He will be missed though.

How seriously do you take your bowling?

Whenever and wherever I get an opportunity to bowl, I look to get wickets. We play with four regular bowlers and it’s their job to get us the wickets. But whenever they get tired or there’s a partnership building, I can chip in and try and get a breakthrough.

How important is it to make runs against the new ball in Sri Lanka?

The new ball tends to come on nicely on to the bat and it’s much easier to score than when the ball becomes older. On Sri Lankan wickets it gets very difficult to score as the ball grips the surface. The job only gets tougher against some world-class spinners.

Last time Mendis was a big factor. Will he still trouble Indian batsmen?

It depends... He had a really good series against us last time. But we have played him rather well since then. They didn’t pick him in the one-dayers (Asia Cup). Even if he is not picked for the Tests we have to prepare for Rangana Herath and Suraj Randiv. [tscii:a6b594d4e5][/tscii:a6b594d4e5]

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/lanka-an-unfinished-business/644166/3

Plum
9th July 2010, 05:35 PM
I am determined not to lose my wicket to Murali in the first Test

This is very easy. Get out to Kulasekara or Welegedara. Then Murali cant dismiss you :poke:

Dinesh84
9th July 2010, 05:54 PM

This is very easy. Get out to Kulasekara or Welegedara. Then Murali cant dismiss you :poke: :lol: no.. no.. they would help Murali's cause by dropping sitters..

Sourav
12th July 2010, 11:09 AM
http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOINEW&BaseHref=TOICH/2010/07/12&PageLabel=18&EntityId=Pc01810&ViewMode=HTML&GZ=T

Sourav
20th July 2010, 08:38 PM
'I could never plan against him'

Virender Sehwag takes his hat off to a bowler he was never quite able to figure out how to play comfortably

As told to Nagraj Gollapudi

July 20, 2010

I will miss facing Murali. He is the most difficult bowler I played against. I am happy that I don't have to face him again, but at the same time I am disappointed he will not be around anymore in Test cricket.

He was difficult because I could never plan against him. I would try to watch his hand, and if I could pick him, I would play. Otherwise I would watch the ball closely to try to get an idea of the type of delivery he had bowled.

The first time I faced him, in the tri-series in 2001, was a nightmare because I could hardly pick any of his variations. At times he would spin it at right angles, making my job nearly impossible. I tried to play him defensively and cash in against the other bowlers, because I was never comfortable against Murali. That's something that never changed.

One of the reasons I could never prepare against him was because he varied his pace smartly. In that tri-series, my original plan to combat him was to dominate, try and hit some sixes. But he figured that out and had me caught easily at long-off. Then in the 2003 World Cup, when I was batting well on 66, I hit him over midwicket without picking the doosra and was caught at long-on. There were so many occasions like that when I was confused about whether it was his offbreak or the doosra, and didn't have the time to adjust my body position or my mind to play accordingly. That is how he controlled me.

He would never give you any easy balls; you had to remain patient and improve your skills. He would be quick first up, then he would introduce the doosra, then he would suddenly bowl a really slow ball.

He was always at you, keeping you guessing. Over the years I learnt I needed to be patient. I think that helped me get those three centuries I made against Sri Lanka in the last three years - a double-century in Galle, a century in Kanpur and another double in Mumbai, last December - though I must admit his pace and spin were not as lethal in those matches as they were when I played him for the first time. In a way, those hundreds sort of offset the troubles I had against him previously.

Though I've managed to make some runs against him, I could never pick his doosra. It might sound strange but I can pick that delivery off any other spinner, but with Murali I was stumped. In the 2008 Galle Test, I decided to treat every ball as if it was a doosra and play it towards cover. I didn't hit the ball hard, just used timing to direct it towards cover. Along with that, I waited for loose balls to play shots on the back foot.

Murali doesn't spin the ball so much any more. It's hard to believe this was the same man who could, at one time, pitch it well outside off and get the ball to hit the stumps. That changed when he began bowling a lot of doosras and straighter ones; they probably affected his turn. Yet the doubt remains in my mind. Tomorrow if I walk out, I cannot say for certain that I will score against Murali. I can say that for other bowlers. And that applies through a match: against other bowlers, I usually find it easy to score over a period, but with Murali it did not matter if I was on 0, 10 or 100 - he was always a challenge.

I don't think any bowler likes to show his hand to a batsman, especially to one like me. But Murali is a very good friend. I don't know if he was joking or being serious but he once told me he did not bowl slower deliveries to me because he believed I would hit him out of the ground. He bowled quick so as to not allow me much time to hit or pick the doosras from the offbreaks. It was nice of him to say that. He knows I like to dominate bowlers, but he was equally dominating.

The first thing a young spinner could learn from Murali is a lesson in humility. His patience was also amazing. He told me sometimes he had to bowl 40-50 overs to get a five-for and at times he got it in just 15 overs. To excel at the highest level, you have to be able to exercise patience and have a strong character. That is the best thing anyone can learn from Murali.

I was lucky to be alongside him in the World XI team that played Australia a few years ago. It only confirmed my opinion of him. His best quality is his simplicity. He is down-to-earth; he doesn't make you feel he is a world record-holder. He always makes you feel comfortable in his company. On the field I've never seen him get aggressive or yell at anyone. He always challenged the batsman in a nice manner and motivated his team with a smile and through hard work. Even for an opponent, he was a shining example. [tscii:6538fa8a42][/tscii:6538fa8a42]

http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/467947.html?comments=all#comments

:bow:

comments posted there will make any viru fan proud... :P

Dinesh84
21st July 2010, 11:19 AM
Seh'whack' :clap:

Sourav
21st July 2010, 09:21 PM
Sehwag is the world's most feared batsman
http://sify.com/sports/sehwag-is-the-world-s-most-feared-batsman-news-columns-khvklbeebid.html

When defensive is offensive
http://www.cricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-india-2010/content/current/story/468211.html

Virender Sehwag has eliminated many weaknesses from his batting. But the most innocuous of weaknesses, getting out to defensive fields, stays

Sidharth Monga in Galle

July 21, 2010

Virender Sehwag doesn't like negative bowling. He gets irritated, he loses patience. The thing is, opposition captains know it, which is why it ceases to be negative bowling. Third man and sweeper-cover become catching positions, wide deliveries outside off are wicket-taking ones. And when he gets out that way, it is forgotten how well he played until then.

It happened in Nagpur before Dale Steyn demolished India. A similar collapse followed here in Galle. Of course it doesn't absolve others of their share of blame, but Sehwag would be the one kicking himself the most. Then again, knowing Sehwag, whose biggest strength is to stop thinking of a bad shot or a good ball as soon as it has happened, maybe not.

Nagpur isn't the only example, but the similarities are palpable. His scores in the respective matches, just to drive home the point, were identical - 109. Then he had played a beautifully lone hand, 109 out of the 192 that came while he was at the crease. That century, despite his strike-rate of 78.41, was a watchful innings.

In his first over of a new spell, Wayne Parnell bowled full and wide outside off, with three men on the off-side boundary. Sehwag hit through those three men for two fours, one was a wide that went for four. Still he couldn't hold himself, chasing a delivery that was too wide of him, and sliced it to sweeper-cover.

In Galle, Sehwag was again the lone hand, batting watchfully but still quick, scoring 109 out of 169. During the course of his innings, a healthy part of which was played in the dying hours of the third day, his back trouble threatened to reappear, Lasith Malinga aimed for his toes and ribs, and Muttiah Muralitharan bowled menacing offbreaks and doosras.

Yorkers he kept out, bouncers he kept down, doosras he read well, any slight error from either of the bowlers he smacked for fours. He also resisted his own theory that when the teams are trying to attack in the final few minutes of the day, it is the best time to get 30 quick runs.

On the fourth morning he started as if he had never stopped. Another left-arm bowler, Chanaka Welegedara, started bowling innocuously wide outside off with three men patrolling the boundary. Sehwag still beat them. He reached his century with hardly any fuss at all. Welegedara changed ends. Third man, deep point and sweeper-cover waited. He bowled a no-ball, then a wide, and was cut along the ground for one.

In the next over, Sehwag played a lovely push-drive through extra cover, off Malinga who attacked much more conventionally. It was the bowler attacking him by not attacking him, though, who was playing on Sehwag's psyche, annoying him, irritating him. Off the second ball of the next over by Welegedara, Kumar Sangakkara joined other captains who have got Sehwag out this way. It was short, it was wide, in fact it would have been called a wide had Sehwag not tried to hit over deep point. The ball tailed away, hit the toe end of the bat and settled at slip. Another collapse followed.

Over the last few years, Sehwag has eliminated many weaknesses from his batting. The short ball into the ribs doesn't bother him now. He is not so loose outside off anymore. This most innocuous of weaknesses, though, stays. In Napier in 2008-09, he fell twice to spinners bowling with defensive fields in their early overs.

Most of the bowlers in the world say you cannot wait for Sehwag to make mistakes, for by the time he does make a mistake it is often too late. But as soon as he starts making a mockery out of the aggressive fields, they fall back, waiting for, well, a mistake. They do so because Sehwag does make those errors when he has all the bowlers at his mercy.

In Mumbai last year against these opponents, even in the first session of India's batting, Murali started off with deep fields. Sehwag went over extra cover, he reverse-swept, he cleared the deep fielders, and he thus gave India enough time to force a win. In Galle, though, with India 351 behind and a day lost to rain, it wasn't as if India could win the match through quick runs.

Still, though Sehwag left the job unfinished, his shot doesn't explain Rahul Dravid's running, Sachin Tendulkar's error of judgement, VVS Laxman's limp hook, or Harbhajan Singh's waft in the last over before lunch. They will all soon get a second chance. And if Sehwag gets off to a start, Sri Lanka will bowl with similar "attacking" fields. It will be interesting to see how Sehwag responds.

This piece was published at the innings break [tscii:371a4557b1][/tscii:371a4557b1]

Sourav
22nd July 2010, 09:25 PM
http://www.cricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-india-2010/content/image/468175.html?object=455238

LM, pls enable the pic, thanx in adv!

littlemaster1982
22nd July 2010, 10:04 PM
[html:b865f04d9a]http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/119500/119555.jpg[/html:b865f04d9a]

VinodKumar's
23rd July 2010, 01:49 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-india-2010/content/image/468175.html?object=455238

LM, pls enable the pic, thanx in adv!

Oru chinna centuryku ivalo budilup ah :evil:

Sourav
23rd July 2010, 07:13 AM
century-la enna chinnathu perusu... 100 adichale century than... :lol2:

viru is the most unsung hero in hub.... :cry: athan ipdillam panna vendirukkku....
//un dialogue than... :lol2:

VinodKumar's
23rd July 2010, 10:05 AM

viru is the most unsung hero in hub.... :cry: athan ipdillam panna vendirukkku....

:lol: But he shud have played according to the situation. His answers in the press conference were not good. He said he didn't do anything wrong and he will play like this. :evil:

Natural game thaan viladuvaena thaniya poi vilada vendiyathu thaana.

satissh_r
23rd July 2010, 10:29 AM

:notthatway:

Vinod avara natural game vilayada vidalana ippa adikarathu kuda adikkama poiralam.

Sourav
24th July 2010, 10:01 AM

:lol: But he shud have played according to the situation. His answers in the press conference were not good. He said he didn't do anything wrong and he will play like this. :evil:

Natural game thaan viladuvaena thaniya poi vilada vendiyathu thaana. :lol: i get ur point, but wer he is now (no-1 b'man in tests) is only because of playing his natural game i believe, no need to change that as it works most of the times.., kirsten & dhoni also told the same, changing that might backfire as sathish told... so, let it be... actually its alwys risky, not only while batting, off-field too... wen he gets going no one will complain, but, if he fails in 2,3 test continuously media and cricket fans will start to criticize his game...

Sourav
24th July 2010, 10:05 AM
Sehwag still numero uno
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1100724/jsp/sports/story_12720725.jsp

Sourav
27th July 2010, 08:33 PM

This is very easy. Get out to Kulasekara or Welegedara. Then Murali cant dismiss you :poke: He didnt lose his wkt to murali as he told... :P got out to welegedara, but, century-ku appuram than. :wink:

VinodKumar's
27th July 2010, 08:35 PM
Sourav,

50 adichitaaru picture podalaya :yessir:

Sourav
27th July 2010, 08:44 PM
Sourav,

50 adichitaaru picture podalaya :yessir:
pic podurathu irukkattum, nee mokkai podama kelambu.... :rotfl2:
Dravid thread-la poyi tea aathura... :twisted: dhoni 30* adichathukke avg 50 maintain panrappula-nu clap adichavan nee century patthi pesura... EKVI... :poke:

Sourav
28th July 2010, 07:17 AM

Read this.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/84267/sehwag-displays-patient-face.html

Sehwag displays a patient face
Colombo, July 27, DHNS:

The most fascinating passage of play on a run-drenched second day of the second Test on Tuesday came in the post-tea session, when India set out in quest of Sri Lanka’s massive 642 for four declared.

The major point of interest was what approach the Indians would adopt, not only given that they had spent 635 minutes on the field but also because only 18 overs were left for stumps. In the event, India showed their hand through Virender Sehwag, who batted like only he can with a smashing run-a-ball unbeaten half-century.

What was unexpected, though, was the discipline Sehwag showed during a four-over spell from Angelo Mathews, the strapping medium-pacer who bowled with a most unusual field.

Sehwag’s penchant to go for the cut and the upper-cut, no matter the game situation and the field, is all too well chronicled. In the last Test in Galle, the dasher had twice fallen to that same stroke, both times to left-arm paceman Chanaka Welegedara. With Sri Lanka totally revamping their bowling attack, they had no left-armer to fall back on, so it was left to Mathews to simulate Welegedara’s left-arm over line of attack.

The right-armer went round the wickets and bowled from wide of the stumps, banging the ball into the surface and getting it to bounce at a height that usually brings Sehwag’s scything willow into play.

Sri Lanka’s planning had centred around getting Sehwag to flash hard outside off. To that effect, they had a man at square third-man, another at deep backward point and a third at cover point, all manning the boundary ropes. At first look, it might have appeared a bizarrely defensive field given the number of runs Sri Lanka had in the bank; nothing could have been farther from the truth.

The three fielders were all waiting for Sehwag to go after Mathews, in anticipation of a slash that, given the length of the boundaries here, would have to be extremely well struck to clear the ropes. Each time Mathews banged it in short, however, Sehwag offered no more than token attention to the ball.

One delivery early on that didn’t bounce enough and was closer to the batsman was flat-batted through vacant mid-on. Another elicited a tame half-poke that eluded the bat on its way to the ’keeper. Otherwise, Sehwag showcased the patience of Job, ruefully watching the ball fly through to Prasanna Jayawardene and then flashing an ‘I know what you are up to’ smile at Mathews.

“If I tell you everything about our tactics, it won’t be fun, would it?” centurion Mahela Jayawardene said with a sly grin. “In Galle, we did different things. This is a different surface and we have a different bowling attack and we need to develop a plan accordingly after seeing how he bats.”

Sehwag passed the first test of his patience and temperament on Tuesday evening. Whether he will embrace the same wait-you-out strategy on the morrow if Sri Lanka adopt a similar tack remains to be seen. An intriguing day ahead, surely.
[tscii:4f5e882299][/tscii:4f5e882299]

VinodKumar's
28th July 2010, 11:36 AM
:evil: He will never change. Can't he kept quiet for one ball :banghead:

littlemaster1982
28th July 2010, 12:26 PM
Can Dravid hit a run a ball 100 in a test match? Likewise, Sehwag can't bat like Dravid.

VinodKumar's
28th July 2010, 01:04 PM
Master,

When I asked him to bat like Dravid ?

littlemaster1982
28th July 2010, 01:05 PM
I meant to say you can't change anyone's natural game.

Plum
28th July 2010, 01:20 PM
Vinod, with Sehwag you take what comes. Either you are happy with the package or you aren't. You cant complain when he fails. His role is to go for broke - and we have Gambhir, Dravid, Laxman to cover for him when he fails - he cant succeed all the time, cant he?

Sourav
28th July 2010, 08:19 PM
LM & Plum... :cool2:
vinod, eppada out aavaan reply pannalaamnu wait panni reply panna maathiri irukku... :rotfl:
99-la outtu... no photo... r uhappy now? :curse: 1st place-i sanga thattitu poyiduvaan after this test....

VinodKumar's
28th July 2010, 08:20 PM
I meant to say you can't change anyone's natural game.

If they do not want to !!!I dont want him to change his natural game. I want him to realize that he cannot play his natural game always. I was very happy when he was patiently watching the balls going outside off stump. But when he tried for that six with no reason I got frustrated.

Think if he gets out like this on low scores, will you guys be the same at that time also or will BCCI allow him to be in the team until he retires only because he is playing his natural game.

VinodKumar's
28th July 2010, 08:22 PM
vinod, eppada out aavaan reply pannalaamnu wait panni reply panna maathiri irukku... :rotfl:
99-la outtu... no photo... r uhappy now? :curse: 1st place-i sanga thattitu poyiduvaan after this test....

:evil: Yesterday I watched match until 2 AM my time just to see him scoring century !!!

Sourav
28th July 2010, 08:56 PM

:evil: Yesterday I watched match until 2 AM my time just to see him scoring century !!!oh.... :D :P i think he was staying in 99 for some time, thats y tried that shot i guess... have to check cricinfo commentary.... intha office-la score kooda paakka mudila... :cry:

Plum
28th July 2010, 08:57 PM
If his average drops and his natural game ends up in poor scores, he will be dropped. Right now, he is the best batsman in the side in terms of utility and dictating terms to opposition. That is it. Asking him to change the style might result in much lesser returns - as simple as that.

In Cricket, you have six batsmen in the side usually. To score a 400+ total, you only need two batsmen to make centuries and others to chime in with 20s' and 30's. So, when you build a batting order, what you look for is complementing strengths with each player playing a different role. So, if Viru is marked for shock and awe in the initial overs, so be it. Let him play his natural game and fail when he fails. There are other batsmen in the team whose role must be to do damage control when he fails - like dravid, Laxman etc. If they fail in that job, too bad, not Viru's fault.

I mean, that is the reason why you have 6 batsmen - not because that all of them have to succeed in one match. You just put together a combination that can tackle differnt conditions, attacks and situations. So, the chances are if you have that many different type of batsmen, you will succeed in most situations. To achieve, this each must play his natural game. It is really as simple as that.

Ramakrishna
28th July 2010, 08:58 PM
I am disappointed with Sehwag, not because he tried that shot when he was on 99. But i am disappointed that he couldn't connect it.

Plum
28th July 2010, 09:08 PM
I am disappointed with Sehwag, not because he tried that shot when he was on 99. But i am disappointed that he couldn't connect it.

idhu nyAyamAna pEchu!

VinodKumar's
28th July 2010, 09:21 PM

:evil: Yesterday I watched match until 2 AM my time just to see him scoring century !!!oh.... :D :P i think he was staying in 99 for some time, thats y tried that shot i guess... have to check cricinfo commentary.... intha office-la score kooda paakka mudila... :cry:

On the very next ball after he moved to 99 he tried to go big. Sanga tried to block singles to put pressure on him and it worked very first ball !!!

omega
29th July 2010, 01:47 AM

On the very next ball after he moved to 99 he tried to go big. Sanga tried to block singles to put pressure on him and it worked very first ball !!!

I don't think you can give any credit to Sangu here.
Whether he blocked or left it open, Viru would have still done the same. He has one uncluttered mind.........

venkkiram
29th July 2010, 08:13 PM
ஷேவாக்!

நீ ஒரு ரன்னில் சதமிழந்ததை நினைத்து சோர்வடைந்திருக்கும் ரசிகர்களை அடுத்து வரும் ஆட்டங்களில் ஒரு சதம், இரு சதங்கள் என நின்றுவிடாமல் உன் முத்திரையான மூன்று சதங்கள் அடித்து சந்தோஷ வெள்ளத்தில் மூழ்கடித்துவிடு!

உன்னால் முடியும் உன்னால் முடியும் தோழா!
நீ நதிபோலே ஓடிக்கொண்டிரு!

Sourav
29th July 2010, 09:18 PM
I let the team down: Sehwag
http://www.deccanherald.com/content/84536/i-let-team-down-sehwag.html

ipdillam solrathuku oru manasu venum... :bow:

Sourav
29th July 2010, 09:32 PM
just now checked, in his 13 150+,
3 vs aus, 3 vs SA, 4 vs pak, 2 vs Sl, 1 vs WI....he didnt score against bangla, eng, nz....

//

Sehwag's 20th hundred in test cricket
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96ayKN7T74s

Sourav
4th August 2010, 07:21 PM
Fastest ever to reach 7k (by no of matches). 79
2nd fastest to reach 7k (by no of innings), 134 :bow: 2 innings lesser than his idol. Hammond got it in 131 inn.

:clap: for 7k, 1000x4, 97*

VinodKumar's
4th August 2010, 08:08 PM
Shewag :clap: :clap: :clap:

tamizharasan
4th August 2010, 09:10 PM
It is not just runs, he score but the pace in which he scores runs is amazing. His scoring pace gives result in matches.

Vivasaayi
4th August 2010, 09:11 PM
Shewag is a legend in his own genre..probably the only player of that genre at present

:clap:

Genius!!

VinodKumar's
4th August 2010, 09:12 PM
He took just 7matches/11 innings to move from 6K to 7K :omg: sema form la irrukaan pa !!!

Sourav
4th August 2010, 09:32 PM
Sehwag finds a way past defensive attacks

Sri Lanka persisted with their strategy of boring Virender Sehwag into a mistake but, at the P Sara Oval, he found a way to overcome the boredom, and still score freely

Sidharth Monga at the P Sara Oval

August 4, 2010

Virender Sehwag is bored of Kumar Sangakkara's tactics. And boredom seems to be the only way Sri Lanka can get Sehwag out. That has been the case since Kanpur last year. They bored him in Galle, and Sehwag obliged by chasing a short and wide delivery. They bored him at the SSC, he resisted and resisted, and then got out to the first sight of a new spinner. It was hardly surprising then that as early as the eighth over at the P Sara Oval we had a square third man, a deep point, and a sweeper-cover, and Chanaka Welegedara bowling short and wide outside off.

It is an obvious plan, but because it is Sehwag, it makes for fascinating viewing. Defensive tactics, run-less periods, eat at his soul. It is as if the basic purpose of his cricket is being defeated. He goes out of his way then. He says he will keep playing the same shot too. Except he doesn't play it for he is no fool. Still he needs to keep scoring runs. He needs to find a way. Find a way he did today.

First, though, he showed Sangakkara and Welegedara that they were wasting their time. He left the ball in a dismissive manner. The bat didn't even go up. The feet didn't try to cover the off stump. There was no "just in case". He knew what was going on. But that was not enough, runs needed to be scored. This is a man who has scored 4478 of his first 7000 Test runs in boundaries.

By the time Sri Lanka resorted to bowling wide outside off with deep off-side fields, Sehwag had already scored 21 off 21, including four boundaries off Welegedara. The "plan" now was well and truly on. The first ball Sehwag left alone, the second he pulled deliberately through midwicket. Sri Lanka saw impatience, and continued with the same attack. Sehwag opened the face, played the next ball all along the ground. Single. 29 off 27.

The first ball of the next over from Welegedara was left alone disdainfully. The next ball Sehwag hit fiercely. Down the ground, between mid-off and extra cover. I can still hit fours, he seemed to say. And then he left alone five more deliveries in that over, one of them a wide.

He left alone the first ball of the next over. He shaped to cut the next, but left that too. And then he moved across the stumps, got in line, and pulled it to square-leg. Four more. Two balls later he hit a forehand between the bowler and mid-off. 46 off 41. If SSC was bad for Sri Lanka, this was worse. At SSC Sehwag just waited for them to bowl at his stumps. Here, not only was he telling Sri Lanka he won't be getting out wide outside off, he was telling them he would score boundaries too.

There were two big differences between Galle and here. In Galle the shot that got him out had every chance of landing in the deep fielder's lap even if Sehwag had connected as opposed to toe-ending it. Here his shots were intended for vacant areas.

The bigger and more important difference was what runs meant here. In Galle, or in SSC for that matter, quick runs wouldn't have won India the match. Taking risks then was a no-win situation. Here, with a more manageable 425 on the board, quick runs hurt Sri Lanka. Galle and SSC were up Sri Lanka's alley, this was up Sehwag's.

On a day that Sehwag became the second-quickest man to 7000 runs - in terms of innings and joint-fastest in terms of Tests played - other than that defensive-attacking strategy, there wasn't much to bother him. Lasith Malinga he kept out well. No undue risks, no undue caution. The only other threat to Sehwag would have been the first sighting of spinners. He can't control himself against those creatures. Ajantha Mendis' first delivery he safely glided behind square leg. Suraj Randiv's first he swept away for four. Some things never change.

Sehwag will start the third day on 97, and Sri Lanka should throw spinners at him right away. SSC was not the first time he missed a milestone looking to hit a spinner for six. He might go for it again. He might not. Either way it will make for more fascinating viewing. [tscii:cc8965d024][/tscii:cc8965d024]
http://www.cricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-india-2010/content/current/story/470988.html

Vivasaayi
4th August 2010, 09:34 PM
Has there ever been a Test match player of shewags kind in cricket history?

Sourav
4th August 2010, 09:34 PM
He took just 7matches/11 innings to move from 6K to 7K :omg: sema form la irrukaan pa !!!
I feel he missed a golden opportunity to score 5 centuries in 5 consecutive matches... (got out on 99 in last match),,,

VinodKumar's
4th August 2010, 09:39 PM
There are tales, and then there are tales, one more incredible than the other, about Virender Sehwag.
Shane Warne narrates a delectable one in his recent book. Playing for Leicestershire against Middlesex, Sehwag found Abdul Razzaq reverse-swinging the ball alarmingly. He called his batting partner Jeremy Snape over and said he had a plan. "We must lose this ball," Sehwag said matter-of-factly. Next over, Viru smashed the ball clean out of the ground. The ball was lost. The replacement ball would, obviously, not reverse right away. "We're all right for one hour," he told the non-striker, who told Warne. Mission accomplished.

intha matter enakku ivalo naal theriyama poiruchu :shock:

:notworthy: :notworthy:

VinodKumar's
4th August 2010, 09:40 PM
I feel he missed a golden opportunity to score 5 centuries in 5 consecutive matches... (got out on 99 in last match),,,

Ippo vanthu aluvunga !!! Appo avasara pattutanu sonna nammala kirukaenu solluraanga !!! Mothala naaliku century adikiraananu papom :yessir:

Sourav
4th August 2010, 09:52 PM
http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/35263.html
http://www.cricinfo.com/australia/content/player/5390.html
gilly comes closer... no idea abt old players....
media calls hughes as aus-sehwag, tamim iqbal as next sehwag....

Sourav
4th August 2010, 09:56 PM

Ippo vanthu aluvunga !!! Appo avasara pattutanu sonna nammala kirukaenu solluraanga !!! Mothala naaliku century adikiraananu papom :yessir:

Sehwag will start the third day on 97, and Sri Lanka should throw spinners at him right away. SSC was not the first time he missed a milestone looking to hit a spinner for six. He might go for it again. He might not. Either way it will make for more fascinating viewing. :wink:

HonestRaj
4th August 2010, 10:16 PM

Sir Viv Richards?

satissh_r
4th August 2010, 10:32 PM
There are tales, and then there are tales, one more incredible than the other, about Virender Sehwag.
Shane Warne narrates a delectable one in his recent book. Playing for Leicestershire against Middlesex, Sehwag found Abdul Razzaq reverse-swinging the ball alarmingly. He called his batting partner Jeremy Snape over and said he had a plan. "We must lose this ball," Sehwag said matter-of-factly. Next over, Viru smashed the ball clean out of the ground. The ball was lost. The replacement ball would, obviously, not reverse right away. "We're all right for one hour," he told the non-striker, who told Warne. Mission accomplished.

:shock: Thalaiva :notworthy:

Sourav
5th August 2010, 07:11 AM
10 - No. of concecutive tests Viru has scored 50+. He is the the 2nd indian & 4th in tests tests to achieve the feat. Viv Richards & Gauti jointly hold the record for scoring 50's in 11 consecutive matches!

Whattaplaya!

Dinesh84
5th August 2010, 10:00 AM

8-) wow... intha approachum pudichirukku..

Sourav
5th August 2010, 10:06 AM
Mehul: "I really dont feel we need to tell Sehwag whether he should go for a sixer or not to get to his century. He is one batsman whose batting style truly doesnt get affected by what score he is batting on. He plays every ball on his merits (read instincts) and it really wouldnt affect him if he is on 0 or 99... This is what Sehwag has always done, and this is what he will continue doing !"

Sourav
7th August 2010, 07:42 AM
VIRENDER SEHWAG - A MAVERICK AND A GAME-BREAKER

At the Eden Gardens in February this year,Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag were busy deconstructing Dale Steyn.His reverse swing had destroyed India in the previous Test at Nagpur.Sehwags deconstruction had generous touches of audacity.Tendulkars was all method.During their 249-run match-winning alliance for the third wicket,one memory stands out.That of Steyn pleading with skipper Graeme Smith for the slips to be removed for Sehwag and asking for them to be placed for Tendulkar.Was it fear or respect or both
Thats Sehwag for you.Primal,destructive and intoxicating.Thats what he has been ever since he took guard in Bloemfontein against South Africa in November 2001 and thats what hes been in Sri Lanka,where he has set the grounds ablaze scoring two tons and missing one,displaying quintessential bravado.In the process hes become the second fastest to score 7,000 Test runs after Englands Wally Hammond.
Its been a good last month or so for the Delhi dasher after a shoulder injury had laid him low during Indias poor ICC
World T20 campaign in the West Indies.Sehwag also missed the tour to Zimbabwe
and the Asia Cup.Proving his fitness and commitment must have been a challenge.But he met them with the same cavalier spirit that he has essayed all through his career.Doubting Thomases had proclaimed the man with limited footwork will soon fade away when his reflexes slow down.When he was dropped for the tour of England and the home Test series against Pakistan,they sported the irritating I told you so expression.Cynics and critics had more ammunition to fire when he wasnt in the 16-member list for the tour of Australia.Captain Anil Kumble though ensured he embarked on the flight as the 17th player.After the intemperate SCG Test,Sehwag was drafted in as opener for the Perth Test and thus began the great turnaround.In 27 Tests since his comeback,he has plundered 2884 runs @64.08.He has struck nine hundreds since,one of them a triple and two of them match-winning double centuries.Even when he hasnt scored a hundred,hes changed games.

[tscii:e2e1b9bae2][/tscii:e2e1b9bae2]
http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/mobile.aspx?article=yes&pageid=21&sectid=edid=&edlabel=TOICH&mydateHid=07-08-2010&pubname=&edname=&articleid=Ar02102&publabel=TOI

//

Sehwag alone can change the course of a Test - Sunil Gavaskar

Unless Indias bowlers do something extraordinary or,Sri Lankas batsmen bat in a casual way the third Test looks like ending in a draw.Yes there is also the possibility that,India could bat badly in the last innings and lose the game but in the context of the series it wont change the result and Sri Lanka will win it 2-0 instead of 1-0 if it ends in a stalemate.Sometimes it is better not to get a huge lead or even to concede a smallish one since it leaves the match open and with more time to play anything can happen.
However,on pitches where the bowlers have generally struggled it looks difficult for a result.Of course,we have seen in the past how Virender Sehwag in particular can change the course of the match as he did in Chennai against England a couple of years back.That Test was dominated by England with Andrew Strauss getting a century in each innings and India had to bat out the final day on a turning pitch with Monty Panesar and Graeme Swann in the opposition.
However,Sehwag had other ideas and when most expected India to put the shutters down and look to bat the whole day,the Delhi dasher went after the bowling in such a manner that,England were on the defensive instead of attacking the Indian batsmen with more fielders in catching positions.Then the master Sachin Tendulakr and Yuvraj Singh had a massive partnership and took India to what seemed an impossible win.
Kumar Sangakarra is one who knows cricketing history and he will try and ensure that his team is not in a similar situation.He knows that his team is one up and that if the Indians have to level the series they will have to do all the running.He can thus take it quietly and unhurriedly and hope that India in its desperation to win will open themselves up to a situation where Sri lanka can come in for the kill.
The pitch as always will play a deciding role and when Indias lower order batsmen Abhimanyu Mithun and Amit Mishra had a 64-run partnership that helped India take the lead,it also showed that the pitch hasnt deteriorated much and there are still plenty of runs in it.Suraj Randiv got four wickets but once again it was Malinga who was the one who made the difference.
His wickets of Tendulkar early in the days play and Dhoni came at just the right time for Sri Lanka.He is to Sri Lanka as a bowler what Virender Sehwag is to India not just as a fearsome batsman but also as an all-rounder.PMG
http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/mobile.aspx?article=yes&pageid=20&edlabel=TOICH&mydateHid=06-08-2010&pubname=&edname=&articleid=Ar02001&format=&publabel=TOI

//

7000: Sehwag Crosses Another Rubicon
By
Linus Fernandes
(Contributor) on August 6, 2010

Virender Sehwag keeps marching to a different beat, massacring pace and spin alike.

The Sri Lankans are at the receiving end this time around and they aren’t happy recipients.

After the exit of Adam Gilchrist from the hallowed sport , Sehwag is dreaded most by bowlers around the world.

It is not that he simply dominates the bowling; he takes the match by the scruff of its neck and turns it inside out.

Bowlers are said to win games. But Sehwag is a match-winner, in every sense of the term. He is a captain’s delight and when on song is a treat to watch. He is unorthodox but it is this very trait that makes his batting a thing of beauty forever.

He is belligerent,in the Richards mold. But he is ever humble; not for him the swagger and bravado of the West Indian legend.

That does not prevent him humiliating even the most seasoned Test campaigner.

There are batsmen and batsmen and then there’s Sehwag.

He has been termed the Nawab of Najafgarh; the butcher from South Delhi. It is as though Delhi felt left behind in Tendulkar’s wake but the Gods smiled on their penance and gifted them Sehwag. I term him ‘Delhi’s gift to cricket’.

He started his career labeled a Tendulkar clone. The similarities in stance, build and the ability to dominate the bowling are striking.

But the pupil has gone on to emblazon a trail of his own.

He has two Test triple centuries to his credit ; he could have had three had he been more cautious.

The Sri Lankans have seen him score two tons and a 99 this summer. And there is yet the small matter of an inning left in the series.

To make matters worse for the Lankans, he also has six wickets to his name. And the devils in the pitch promise that he looks to add a few more during their final outing in Colombo.

He has crossed the golden Rubicon of 7000 Test runs in his last knock; he is the fastest to do so in terms of Tests and the second quickest in terms of innings.

The man is just thirty two and has a good three – four years of top-flight cricket in him yet. He could well be the next Indian batter to make ten thousand Test runs. Will he? Won’t he? With Sehwag, you never know. Cricket is said to be an unpredictable sport and Sehwag lives it to the bone.

He scores his runs at a furious pace at almost a run a ball. In addition,he is a shrewd reader of the game and a canny bowler. He has been called the finest off-spinner in the country by Bishan Singh Bedi. Bedi, of course, was being less than complimentary to the current crop of Indian spinners. But Bedi’s praise speaks volumes about Sehwag’s abilities.

He was next in line for the captaincy after Saurav Ganguly but dogged inconsistency and a raw deal by the then bunch of selectors put paid to those aspirations. He , however, has let his willow do the talking since; his name is now probably the only one after Tendulkar’s to be chalked down with nary a thought by the current selection committee. He enjoys the confidence of the chairman of selectors – Srikkanth - whose batting was modeled on similar lines but with far lesser talent.

Seven thousand runs and counting.Another seven thousand plus runs in ODIs.

What can we say to Sehwag except “Keep going”. May those mountains of runs keep piling up. We enjoy watching you play and hope to enjoy doing do so for a few more years.

Sehwag, we salute you, we applaud you, we raise a toast to you! You are a classic!

Have a great day!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/430641-7000-sehwag-crosses-another-rubicon

Sourav
7th August 2010, 07:55 AM
Gavaskar v Sehwag

What if two greats of Indian cricket were to bat together? One thing is for sure: they'd do things their way

Harsha Bhogle

August 6, 2010

I know it isn't possible, but what the hell, we think about it all the time. We try and compare players from different generations, and while that is not just unfair but impossible to do, I have been spending a lot of time (an advantage of being on one flight too many) thinking of what it would be to watch Sunil Gavaskar and Virender Sehwag, the two Indian opening batsmen at either end of my cricket-watching interval, bat together.

For starters, both would enjoy it. Gavaskar has always said that his bread-and-butter shot was the single, and he could take it almost as a ticket to the show at the other end. And Sehwag could see the powerful cocoon Gavaskar built around himself, so single-minded was he in constructing an innings.

But even more fascinating would be to see the difference in style. Gavaskar was the classical old-school batsman, body right behind the line of the ball, bat straight as a well-constructed wall (Rahul Dravid was version 2.0). One of the great joys of watching cricket for us was to see Gavaskar up on his toes, eyes like an assassin's, never wavering from the object of attention, meeting with his bat a ball projected at his throat, letting it dribble meekly down its face, now devoid of any potency, and fall dead by his toes. Gavaskar played some of the most attractive shots you will see - the straight drive was for posterity - but the way he neutralised the venom of a bouncer defined him for me.

To Gavaskar, and indeed to many of his generation, the wicket was a citadel that could not be breached. It had to be protected like a family heirloom. When you were sure it was safe, you played the bold shot. But you were not encouraged to hit in the air, and if you were stumped by a yard trying to hit a six when on 99, you were probably made to stand in a corner.

But when Sehwag does it, it doesn't evoke howls of protest. Sehwag is the warrior who must conquer many lands and only then return home for a meal. If he cannot attack, if the bowler's offering is so compact that shot-making is not an option, only then will he defend. There are no heirlooms any more. If you lose a BlackBerry, you buy another. Or if you think blue looks cool, you buy another. Occasionally in trying to spear the opponent you leave a flank open and pay for it, but that is just one of the hurdles of doing a job.

And so Sehwag, such a product of this generation, must play beside the line rather than classically behind it. The feet provide support to the body but don't have a huge role to play in shot-making. You let the ball draw alongside and then, with the space you now possess, you either slice it to bits or smite it to the boundary. It is an altogether more violent form of batting. If Sehwag got behind the line of the ball, like he sometimes does when it is too straight, he wouldn't have the space or the freedom to play his way.

The Gavaskar approach was maddening to a bowler. Robin Jackman once told me of how Gavaskar didn't let him see the off stump for an entire spell. "He made me bowl where he wanted me to bowl rather than where I wanted to bowl," he said. The Sehwag approach is to put fear in a bowler's mind. "He must know when he is running in that if he bowls a bad ball, Sehwag will hit it for four," he once said. Just as a bowler can induce a tense batsman to play a bad shot, so too can Sehwag force an uncertain bowler to bowl a bad ball.

With Sehwag you have fear and hope, with Gavaskar it was like hitting your head on a rock at the sheer futility of bowling. Gavaskar would never have got stumped on 99, and he wouldn't have tried to hit a six on 195 either. Two different styles you could not hope to see in a lifetime. But at the corresponding points in their career (79 Tests each), a mere 88 runs separate them. The difference in batting average is but 0.68.

Eventually, therefore, it is about doing things as you know best; as two brilliant cricketers 30 years apart have shown.

Harsha Bhogle is a commentator, television presenter and writer

http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/471100.html[tscii:db5196ba3c][/tscii:db5196ba3c]

Sourav
7th August 2010, 07:13 PM
Aravinda de Silva abt viru

The way he plays makes it easier for the rest... Runs come fast and, when that happens, the pressure is less... Sehwag expresses himself and sticks to his strengths. By doing so, he gives the team strength... That he can single-handedly turn a match on its head makes him invaluable. He really is destructive... A great batsman and a match-winner... Sanath (Jayasuriya) would bat in much the same manner and was allowed to play his normal game.

sathya_1979
7th August 2010, 08:24 PM
Viru Nachchu reply to whiners!

"If fielders are there I can hit towards mid-off, midwicket or mid-on. Because I don't want to play boring Test cricket. "

After reacting with the bat, Virender Sehwag reacts verbally to Sri Lanka's plan of placing square third man, deep point and sweeper-cover for him, and bowling short and wide

Sourav
7th August 2010, 08:53 PM
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/120300/120356.jpg

http://74.86.155.244/gallery/images/2010/aug/7/prv_20100807_1105_6282.jpg

LM, pls enable the pics... :redjump: thx in adv.

littlemaster1982
7th August 2010, 09:17 PM
[html:8698de453c]http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/120300/120356.jpg[/html:8698de453c]

[html:8698de453c]http://74.86.155.244/gallery/images/2010/aug/7/prv_20100807_1105_6282.jpg[/html:8698de453c]

Sourav
7th August 2010, 10:45 PM
Viru Nachchu reply to whiners!

"If fielders are there I can hit towards mid-off, midwicket or mid-on. Because I don't want to play boring Test cricket. "

After reacting with the bat, Virender Sehwag reacts verbally to Sri Lanka's plan of placing square third man, deep point and sweeper-cover for him, and bowling short and wide

the way he played for that field...

Welegedara to Sehwag, FOUR, SheWhack! It was the short delivery, doesn't climb up that much, doesn't rear up quicker, just sits out there and winks at Sehwag who pulls it to the wide midwicket boundary.

Welegedara to Sehwag, FOUR, Blast! It was the short delivery angling away from him and he fetched it from outside off and smashed it over midwicket

Welegedara to Sehwag, FOUR, Flat batted SheWhack! It was the short delivery with some width outside off and he slapped a forehand and it flew in the air between short extra cover and mid-off!

Welegedara to Sehwag, FOUR, Hello hello! Sehwag walked towards the off side, fetched the short ball from well outside off and pulled it to the backward square-leg boundary!

Welegedara to Sehwag, FOUR, Slaps a forehand again! It was the shortish delivery just outside off and Sehwag stays back to flat bat it over Dravid who turns back quickly in hope it doesn't go to hands!

//

Sehwag Driving His Prized Car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpq-EdjHGGk

littlemaster1982
7th August 2010, 10:48 PM
Welegedara to Sehwag, FOUR, Flat batted SheWhack! It was the short delivery with some width outside off and he slapped a forehand and it flew in the air between short extra cover and mid-off!

This shot was unbelievable :lol: Looked a bit ugly, but he put the SL captain in his place :thumbsup:

gane14
8th August 2010, 01:07 AM
Sehwag :notworthy:

I strongly have a opinion that our no.1 test team status become possible only through the effort of this man!

He always uses his bat to turn around the match and make it his/India's way.

Hats off to you sehwag!!:clap:

Keep your fitness well to retain india's spot.

VinodKumar's
8th August 2010, 06:20 AM

I strongly have a opinion that our no.1 test team status become possible only through the effort of this man!

na ithellam romba too much !!! Maram nattathu yaaro pazham sapdurathu yaaro :evil:

VinodKumar's
8th August 2010, 06:21 AM
Enga Sangakaarako illa Samaraweera ko kuduthuruvaangalonu bayanthukitu irunthaen Shewag kku kuduthutaanga :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Sourav
8th August 2010, 07:29 AM

na ithellam romba too much !!! Maram nattathu yaaro pazham sapdurathu yaaro :evil: :huh: who is that? naanum solren... ithellam remmbha over aama... its all team effort i agree... but, viru's part in that is amazing....
in the last 10 matches (last 1 yr) he avg.ed 85.46 with the s/r of 97.34... he scored 50+ in all the matches... he took some wkts too... this much consistency with that s/r. just unbelievable....

nee onnum paarattalainalum paravalla... dont downplay his efforts....

Plum
8th August 2010, 07:33 AM

na ithellam romba too much !!! Maram nattathu yaaro pazham sapdurathu yaaro :evil:
Virvaavadhu paravaa illai. thaNNi oothi vaLarthApla. Sila pEru nOgaama nungu sappadarApla. Indha seriesE innum oru varushathula captaincy win apdinnu solluvaanga adhukkenna solringa?

VinodKumar's
8th August 2010, 12:03 PM

Virvaavadhu paravaa illai. thaNNi oothi vaLarthApla. Sila pEru nOgaama nungu sappadarApla. Indha seriesE innum oru varushathula captaincy win apdinnu solluvaanga adhukkenna solringa?

Plum,

AFAIK none of Hub Dhoni fan said India reacehd # 1 status because of Dhoni captaincy !!! The people behind # 1 status were Fab four + Kumble .. Ippovum yaarum Dhoni captaincy nala thaan intha series draw aachnu sollala ...

May be in future sarithiratha thappa therinju vachurukkara namma gane maari aatkal appdi sollalam athukkaga Dhoni ya korai solla koodathu.

Plum
8th August 2010, 12:17 PM
Naan dhoniya sollavE illaiyE :huh
Dhoni fans oru varusham kazichu dhoni captaincy pathi EdhAvadhu sonnA sri lankala dhoni captaincynAla dhAn draw paNNomnu solluvAngannu dhAn solrEn

Apdi thAn nadandhu kittirukku. When dhoni performs badly, deadly silence. Apram adutha series nallA perform pandrachE, only dhoni fossible captaincy apdinnu...

This is actually dhoni-fan-bashing, not dhoni bashing.

Plum
8th August 2010, 12:17 PM
Dhoni fans oru varusham kazichu dhoni captaincy pathi EdhAvadhu sonnA sri lankala dhoni captaincynAla dhAn draw paNNomnu solluvAngannu dhAn solrEn

Apdi thAn nadandhu kittirukku. When dhoni performs badly, deadly silence. Apram adutha series nallA perform pandrachE, only dhoni fossible captaincy apdinnu sollittu bad serieslAm nadakkAdha maadhiri maindain pandradhu...

sathya_1979
8th August 2010, 12:18 PM

Apdi thAn nadandhu kittirukku. When dhoni performs badly, deadly silence. Apram adutha series nallA perform pandrachE, only dhoni fossible captaincy apdinnu sollittu bad serieslAm nadakkAdha maadhiri maindain pandradhu...

Plum, this happens everywhere in every field. onniyum paNNa mudiyaadhu.

gane14
8th August 2010, 01:08 PM
Naan yaaroda fanum kidaiyadhu, so dont make me feel biased.

India reached no.1 spot because of all team effort with an outstanding contribution of SEHWAG.

Fabulous four + kumble dhan asthivaaram potadhu, constant idhu yellathayum naan othukkaren, but sehwag is the batsman who always stands between the draw and win.

He always makes the matches turn india's winning way rather than draw with his fabulous striking rate.(Idhathan naan solida solla varen)

@vinodh, yenakku sarithiram avlava theriyadhudhan, adhukkunu yennoda opinion kooda inga solla koodadha??

About Dhoni - He is also having a fair contribution.

Thirumbavum solren, sehwag illana india kandippa 2nd or 3rd la dhan irundhirukkum :)

VinodKumar's
9th August 2010, 01:13 AM

Elloroda fansum appdi thaanae Plum.

Sourav
14th August 2010, 07:56 AM
Virender Sehwag and Suresh Raina left for India on Thursday and will rejoin the Indian ODI team on Saturday. Confirming this, team manager Ranjib Biswal said, "Sehwag and Raina have gone to India to attend to some personal work. They had earlier got permission from the board. They will be back here on Saturday."

Sourav
15th August 2010, 10:00 AM
Scintillating, smart and simple Sehwag

Hindustan Times
August 15, 2010

Once again the irrepressible Virender Sehwag has made a valuable contribution to an Indian Test win, this time in a series-tying win over Sri Lanka. S is for Sehwag and also for scintillating stroke-play, the perfect description of how Sehwag goes about his business. You can add another S — for
smart.

The crucial factor in Sehwag being a smart cricketer is the fact that he's always been his own man as a batsman. Many people talk about his lack of footwork and other supposed flaws in technique but Sehwag just shrugs it off.

He can be unequivocal. At a highly entertaining press conference earlier this year, he had bluntly stated, “Bangladesh are an ordinary side. They can't beat India because they can't take 20 wickets.”

Sehwag is a breath of fresh air both on and off the field; he plays with gay abandon and speaks with refreshing honesty.

To bat as fearlessly as Sehwag, you need to have great confidence in your ability and the belief that you're better than any bowler, any attack. His comments were not arrogance, rather an honest reflection of the way he sizes up an attack.

I have played with a like-minded opener, South Australia's Les Favell. He was the most confident, some would say over-confident, player I ever encountered. He once opened in a Sheffield Shield match against Graham McKenzie and missed an attempted cut shot off the first ball of the match. He top-edged the next cut shot to the boundary and was out third ball, caught behind attempting yet another cut. On his return to the dressing room he tossed his bat in disgust and declared, “Jeez I was see'n 'em like footballs”.

Favell never encountered a prolonged slump; to play in that manner you have to believe the next boundary will have you back in prime form. Sehwag's Test career follows a similar pattern. The nearest he's come to a prolonged poor patch was prior to the 2007-08 tour of Australia when he was really struggling, even at the first-class level. Some were ready to write him off. He's satisfactorily answered those critics and since returning to the Indian side he's been by far their best batsman.

Excluding matches against Bangladesh he's scored more runs and centuries than anyone else. His average is better than all except Gautam Gambhir. In run rate, he leaves them all in his slip stream; he's more than two runs an over quicker than all the others.

His run rate allied with his ability to post mammoth scores sets him apart from other openers. Sir Don Bradman is the only other player who has combined those difficult batting tasks, scoring quickly for long periods. But even he didn't do it facing the new ball.

Sehwag has either had the misfortune or luck to play with Tendulkar. It either deprives him of publicity or allows him to float in the background unimpeded. Whatever the answer Sehwag has been the most dangerous batsman for a long time. He's done it by adhering to another S; keeping it simple to be successful.[tscii:97a49a5819][/tscii:97a49a5819]
http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/cricketnews/Scintillating-smart-and-simple-Sehwag/Article1-586948.aspx

Sourav
15th August 2010, 01:10 PM
Virender Sehwag's Personal Message to Fans (Video taken before SriLanka Series)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmdny6sepsY

Pls someone tell wat he says!

Ramakrishna
15th August 2010, 01:51 PM
Virender Sehwag's Personal Message to Fans (Video taken before SriLanka Series)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmdny6sepsY

Pls someone tell wat he says!
enakku therinja/purinja hindi:

He says that he has started the website www.sehwagworld.com so that he connect with his fans, fans can ask him their questions, convey their thoughts through the website. Today, technology has improved so much that it has become very easy to interact with fans.
He also says that his message to his fans is that they need to support him during both good and bad times. He obviously knows that the fans are going to support him during the good times, but during the bad times there might be doubts in the minds of the fans about his performance, ability, whether the team is good enough to win or not etc. He feels that the fans need to support him or the team or any player the most when the player or the team is not doing well since that is the time when they would need their support desperately. If the fans stand by him even during the bad times, he promises that the performances would improve greatly and produce much better results in the future. So, he believes that his fans would support him during bad times since those would be the most difficult moments in life for any player.

Sourav
15th August 2010, 07:32 PM
:ty: RK, ty very much! :D

:cool2: viru! we r always with u!

Sourav
16th August 2010, 07:54 AM
Scintillating, smart and simple Sehwag

Hindustan Times
August 15, 2010

[tscii:89a33dd66c][/tscii:89a33dd66c]
http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/cricketnews/Scintillating-smart-and-simple-Sehwag/Article1-586948.aspx
Little more elaborated article from cricinfo...

The three S's of Sehwag

The Indian opener is up there with Bradman in his ability to score quickly for prolonged periods of time

Ian Chappell

August 15, 2010

Once again the irrepressible Virender Sehwag has made a valuable contribution to an Indian Test victory, this time a series-tying win over Sri Lanka.

S is for Sehwag and also for scintillating strokeplay, the perfect description for how he goes about his business. However, you can add another S - for smart. The crucial factor in Sehwag being a smart cricketer is the fact that he's always been his own man as a batsman. Many people talk about his lack of footwork and other supposed flaws in his technique, but Sehwag just shrugs and smiles, as if to say, "Just watch me bat next time."

In this regard he reminds me of my former team-mate Doug Walters. Walters was a match-winner and an extremely aggressive batsman but he resided in the middle order. Many people harped on his crooked back-lift and how this stopped him reaching his full potential.

During a day of golf in Brisbane, after Walters had made a century in a Test match, former England fast bowler Frank "Typhoon" Tyson came up to him. "Doug, your technique is a disgrace," he began in provocative fashion. "If I was bowling, I'd give you a couple of bouncers and then an offcutter which would go right between your bat and pad."

Walters took a sip of his beer, looked at the retired fast bowler and replied: "That's not a problem, Typhoon. I won't have to face you in this series."

Judging by Sehwag's highly entertaining press conference earlier this year, where he bluntly stated: "Bangladesh are an ordinary side. They can't beat India because they can't take 20 wickets," it's not just his approach to batting that he has in common with Walters. Sehwag is a breath of fresh air, both on and off the field. He plays with gay abandon and speaks with refreshing honesty.

To bat as fearlessly as him, you need to have great confidence in your ability, and the self-belief that you're better than any bowler, any attack. His comments were not arrogance; rather, an honest reflection of the way he sizes up an attack.

I played with a like-minded opener - South Australia's Les Favell. He was the most confident - some would say over-confident - player I ever encountered. He once opened in a Sheffield Shield match against the top-class Australian fast bowler Graham McKenzie and missed an attempted cut shot on the first ball of the match. Favell top-edged the next cut shot to the boundary, and was out third ball, caught behind attempting yet another cut. On his return to the dressing room he tossed his bat in disgust and declared, "Jeez I was seein' 'em like footballs."

Favell never encountered a prolonged slump; to play in that manner you have to believe the next boundary will have you back in prime form. Sehwag's Test career follows a similar pattern. The nearest he's come to a prolonged poor patch was prior to the 2007-08 tour of Australia, when he was really struggling, even at the first-class level, and some were ready to write him off. He has satisfactorily answered those critics and since returning to the Indian side he's been far and away their best batsman.

Excluding matches against Bangladesh, he has scored more runs and more centuries than anyone else, and at a higher average than all but Gautam Gambhir (among those who have scored over 250 runs in this period). However, when it comes to run-rate, he leaves them all in his slipstream; astonishingly, he's more than two runs an over quicker than all the others.

That is what sets Sehwag apart from all other openers: his run-rate, allied with his amazing ability to post mammoth scores. Sir Donald Bradman is the only other player who has combined those two incredibly difficult batting tasks, scoring extraordinarily quickly for long periods, and even he didn't do it facing the new ball.

Whichever way you look at it, Sehwag has either had the misfortune or the good luck to play in the same side as Sachin Tendulkar. It either deprives him of publicity or allows him to float along in the background, almost unimpeded.

Sehwag has had an exceptional career. He's been the most dangerous batsman in world cricket for a long time. He's done it by adhering to another S: keeping it simple to be successful.

http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/472367.html
[tscii:89a33dd66c][/tscii:89a33dd66c]

Sourav
16th August 2010, 10:50 AM
With all due respect to sachin & his fans, i just wanna post this article... i dont agree with the title and few points but, i wanna post this for few ppl here who underrate viru much! hope noone gets offended... :)

//

A 'scientific' analysis of batting achievements in Test cricket has found what most people already know - that Don Bradman was the greatest batsman in the game. A paper, written by two economists, analysed factors such as consistency of scoring, value of a batsman's runs to the team and home-away record, and found the Australian great leagues ahead of the rest on all counts.

That's hardly a surprise. But the paper has some far more interesting conclusions.

in terms of value of runs scored to the team, Virender Sehwag is India's top batsman (overall rank 6), followed by Rahul Dravid and Tendulkar.

On consistency of scoring, Dravid (rank 4) pips Sachin (5), followed by Sunil Gavaskar (11), Sehwag (12) and Vinod Kambli (13).

In another ranking based on career contribution to the team score, Dravid and Gavaskar (both ranked 5) emerge as India's top batsmen. Then come Tendulkar and Sehwag (both 6) and Kambli (8).

The paper - The 'Bradman Class': An Exploration of Some Issues in the Evaluation of Batsmen for Test Matches, 1877-2006 - ranks 50 batsmen from all eras. Written by economists Vani K Borooah, University of Ulster and John E Mangan of University of Queensland, it was published in the Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports.

Some rankings, however, may be misleading as the paper uses batting averages only up to 2006. For instance, in 2006, Dravid was No. 4 in the all-time list with an average of 58. At present, his average is down to around 53.

A 'scientific' study in Australia of Test batsmen down the years has put Don Bradman ahead of all others in every parameter it uses to define batting class.

The paper works on the premise that the method of calculating batting averages glosses over many aspects of good batsmanship. "It does not take into account consistency of scores across innings: a batsman might have a high career average but with low scores interspersed with high ones; another might have a lower average but with much less variation in his scores," it notes. Secondly, the paper argues, batting averages do not reflect the value of the player's runs to the team.

The authors use several equations from economics to suggest new ways of computing batting that could complement the existing method and "present a more complete picture of batsmens' performance." Based on these "new" averages, the paper offers several revised rankings of the world's top 50 batsmen.

For measuring consistency, the authors use the Gini coefficient, a popular method for computing inequality in the distribution of outcomes. After applying the coefficient to the top 50, while Bradman remains No.1, South Africa's RG Pollock (ranked 2 on averages) falls three places to rank 5 and West Indian George Headley falls to 7 from No.2. Among Indians, Dravid and Gavaskar hold their ranks but Sehwag falls four places and Tendulkar two places.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/Bradman-best-Sehwag-greater-than-Sachin-Study/articleshow/6316559.cms#ixzz0wk6kXvqW

Sourav
16th August 2010, 11:13 AM
Viru enigma: Test success & ODI instability

Aakash Chopra, Hindustan Times

Sample this -- Malinga bowls a barrage of well-directed bouncers, Viru refuses to bite. He ducks or moves away from the line every single time. Malinga keeps him quiet for a few deliveries but Viru rejects the temptation to go for the kill, instead waits for the ball to pitch in his area of
dominance. And when the moment arrives, he abandons restraint. He does so not because he has played a few dot balls but because the ball ought to be hit and he obliges. That’s Virender Sehwag for you in Test cricket.

Change the colour of the ball from red to white and the clothing from white to blue, the same Sehwag would not only bite but might also succumb. Viru boasts a mammoth 7000 runs in both Tests and ODIs, yet his lack of consistency in the shorter format continues to be a bane. Ironically, his batting seems to be tailor-made for the slam-bang shorter format. So, what’s the logic behind such patchy performances in ODI?

Let’s first make sense of what makes Viru tick in the longer format, because it is the exact opposite of this that explains his instability in the shorter formats. Sehwag’s game is built around hitting boundaries.

However defensive the fielding captain is, it’s imperative to start with attacking field positions, which mean all bad balls and good shots reach the fence. Contrary to the popular belief Sehwag not only has a specific plan but also the discipline to follow it to the T.

Delhi had lost an early wicket in an inconsequential Ranji game against Orissa. The track was wet and had plenty in it for the quicks. In came Viru, danced down the track and played a wild slog, missing the ball by a mile. I went to reason it out with him. To my utter disbelief he said he’d missed the ball on purpose because the chances of connecting cleanly were minimal. Instead, he wanted the bowler to pitch it short on the following delivery. The bowler fell for it, obliged and Viru smashed him for four. This incident followed by quite a few like these gave me an insight into Viru’s mind. After all, he doesn’t keep it as simple as it looks, at least not at the planning level. thalaivaaa... :bow:

But an inverse logic is brought into action in ODIs. Sehwag doesn’t have the same planning in place or the patience to follow it, for he believes that it’s almost mandatory to up the ante. Even if he’s hit two fours in an over, he believes he must go for the third one. His success in Tests lies in choosing the right balls to hit and not in hitting every single ball, which he tries to do in an ODI. He plays shots like the pull and the hook which don’t come naturally to him. He would take the aerial route not because it was the need of the hour but because that’s what you must do in shorter formats, or so he feels.

Whatever may be the reason for his not climbing the summit in the shorter formats, he must find a way out of it. For an average of less than 34 in ODIs won’t do justice to the talent this man possesses. :exactly: :(
http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/columnscricket/Viru-enigma-Test-success-amp-ODI-instability/Article1-587347.aspx [tscii:8ff7ee0f95][/tscii:8ff7ee0f95]

Dinesh84
16th August 2010, 10:00 PM
"It often happens. When a batsman is on 99 and the scores are level, bowlers try to bowl no-balls and wides. It happens in cricket. Fair enough."

:bow: :bow:

VinodKumar's
16th August 2010, 10:03 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sourav
16th August 2010, 10:07 PM
actually he didnt play well in last few ODIs... no 50s in last 10 games... glad that he is back with a match winning knock! :clap:

VinodKumar's
16th August 2010, 10:08 PM
Time for Shewag Avatar !!!

Dinesh84
16th August 2010, 10:09 PM
:yes: he socred his first boundary in 6th over.. which is rare.. settle aagitu pinni pedal eduthuttaar.. :clap:

Sourav
17th August 2010, 07:30 AM
http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/120700/120740.jpg

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/getimage.dll?path=TOICH/2010/08/16/18/Img/Pc0180800.jpg

LM, :noteeth:

thx in adv.

littlemaster1982
17th August 2010, 07:34 AM
[html:64e958e9f9]http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/120700/120740.jpg[/html:64e958e9f9]

[html:64e958e9f9]http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/getimage.dll?path=TOICH/2010/08/16/18/Img/Pc0180800.jpg[/html:64e958e9f9]

Sourav
17th August 2010, 11:05 AM
sehwagvirender

Hi guys Randiv came to my room n apologize

18 minutes ago via Twitter

satissh_r
17th August 2010, 11:44 AM
SLC apologises to Sehwag for Randiv's no ball

An "upset" Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) on Tuesday apologised to Indian opener Virender Sehwag for the deliberate no-ball bowled by off-spinner Suraj Randiv which left him stranded on 99 in their tri-series match in Dambulla and promised action on the matter after getting a probe report.

SLC secretary Nishantha Ranatunga called up the Indian team manager Ranjib Biswal and apologised for Monday's incident.

Sehwag was just one short of his 13th ODI hundred when Randiv, who had not bowled a no ball in the Test or ODI series this season, bowled one which was hit by the opener for a six.

However, it did not count because the no ball amounted to India's winning run leaving Sehwag on an unbeaten 99.

Randiv's antics were criticised by Sehwag in the post match press conference and to put an end to the furore, Ranatunga gave Biswal a call to apologise.

"In the morning, Ranatunga called me up personally and apologised on behalf of the Board for the Sehwag incident," Biswal said.

"He said this was not in the spirit of the game. Nishantha said 'We have a good relationship with India and we apologise for yesterday's incident'," Biswal revealed.

The Indian manager said Ranatunga asked him to convey the apologies to Sehwag.

"Since the secretary has called us, we are treating this matter as closed," Biswal said.

Ranatunga said that the SLC is awaiting the report from the team manager before deciding on further course of action.

"We have asked him to probe the incident. We will take necessary action in this regard once we get the report. We are upset about the incident and we are unhappy as Sri Lankan cricketers have won the ICC spirit of the game award thrice and these things won't be tolerated," he said.

India comprehensively won Monday's match by six wickets but the conduct of the Sri Lankan team caused upset in the visitors' camp.

Minutes after the game, a livid Sehwag said that Sri Lanka had used such tactics earlier also, pointing out that they had left Sachin Tendulkar stranded at 99 with a similar strategy in a match in Cuttack.

Sehwag said that Randiv had not bowled a single no ball earlier and asked "How can he bowl one at this point?"

"It was clear that the Lankan team did not want me to get to my 100," the opener said.

http://cricket.rediff.com/report/2010/aug/17/sri-lanka-cricket-apologises-to-sehwag-for-randivs-no-ball.htm

Sourav
20th August 2010, 08:07 PM
Eleven talents that kept me very busy - Ricky Ponting

THE TOP OF THE ORDER

Virender Sehwag (India),

Virender Sehwag, the right-hander, has an almost unique ability to be able to take an attack down and change the course of a Test in an hour, even half an hour. When he is on top of his game he is as good as anyone who has ever picked up a cricket bat, but it is also true that when he is out of touch he looks like he has never batted before in his life. Indian conditions suit him because the ball doesn't swing much over there, so he can get away with not using his feet much. He's scored two triple centuries in Tests, both on the sub-continent, but he's also reached three figures in Tests at Melbourne, Adelaide, Bloemfontein, St Lucia and Nottingham, so he is certainly capable of making runs anywhere in the world.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/eleven-talents-that-kept-me-very-busy/story-e6frg7tf-1225907977785

:ty: Ponting!

Plum
20th August 2010, 08:56 PM
PaandingA adhu? :roll:
Uncharacteristic article from pricky! Cho chweet! Why ,I could almost move him from "deep fry in boiling pan" to "mild roast in tawa" list now!

VinodKumar's
20th August 2010, 08:58 PM
Uncharacteristic article from pricky! Cho chweet! Why ,I could almost move him from "deep fry in boiling pan" to "mild roast in tawa" list now!

Surprisingly he dint choose any Australian in the eleven. Mgrath/Warne va kooda maranthutaan pa !!!

Vivasaayi
20th August 2010, 09:03 PM

Surprisingly he dint choose any Australian in the eleven. Mgrath/Warne va kooda maranthutaan pa !!!

its the list of best players, whom he played against :)

VinodKumar's
20th August 2010, 09:05 PM

Oh Yeah :oops:

Sourav
20th August 2010, 09:06 PM

Oh Yeah :oops: :lol: :lol2:

Sourav
23rd August 2010, 10:36 AM
Hunter Ingram is a Sehwag fan
Dambulla, Aug 22, DHNS:

His hobby is hunting, vocation teaching, passion cricket, and role model Virender Sehwag.

Meet Peter Ingram, the New Zealand opening batsman who is a late arrival to international cricket, and is determined to make up for lost time. The right-hander made his New Zealand debut earlier this year aged 31, after four extraordinary seasons in domestic cricket for Central Districts.

From a plodding opener with an average of 17, he transformed his game watching Sehwag flay bowling attacks with minimal foot movement, and has scored runs by the tons since, including a Central Districts record highest individual score of 248.

“I played for five years for CD averaged 17, used to try and move my feet heaps and block too much,” Ingram said on Sunday morning. “Then I just kept watching Virender Sehwag and I thought, if he can not move his feet and score runs, then so can I. Since then, I have averaged about 65 and scored heaps and heaps of runs. Not everyone is the same, obviously this style suits me and suits him, I am not as good as he is, but one day hopefully, I will be.”

It’s one thing wanting to bat like Sehwag, quite another trying to keep an uncluttered mind like the Indian vice-captain. “I have tried to have a chat with Sehwag, hopefully it will happen today,” Ingram revealed. “We are trying to organise one. I want to have a talk with him and see how he works and trains.”

Hunting down fast bowlers should come naturally to the pig-hunter from Taranaki, on the Western side halfway down the North island. “I went possum shooting as a little fellow with my dad, he had a big shotgun. Possums are a bit of a pest in New Zealand,” Ingram noted. “From 20 onwards, I went shooting with my uncle and then got my gun license six years ago, bought the odd gun.”

Pig-hunting and its associated activities obviously excite him no end, but it isn’t in the killing and the eating that the joy lies for the only player in this Kiwi squad not to have even a provincial contract. “Time away from cricket is relaxing, it takes your thoughts off. Sometimes, cricket is a pretty tough time,” said Ingram.

The father of two boys, Ingram teaches full time at New Plymouth’s Francis Douglas Memorial College. “I do school teaching in metal work, using welding machines, at high school in the 13-to-18 age group,” Ingram added. “It is my normal work. Normally, I am involved in this all year, I am lucky enough to make the Black Caps.”

Lucky, of course, is a relative word, and Ingram has made his own luck. “At night, when the boys go to sleep, I try and find time for cricket. I go out and train at night,” Ingram observed. “Even though cricket is not my main source of livelihood, I still really want to do well, I have got a job to do.”
http://www.deccanherald.com/content/90663/hunter-ingram-sehwag-fan.html
[tscii:16dab2668d][/tscii:16dab2668d]

Yet another new fan! 8-)
All the best Ingram 4 ur career! :D

Sourav
23rd August 2010, 08:32 PM
Viru retains No. 2 spot
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1100823/jsp/sports/story_12841422.jsp

Batsmen

1. K. Sangakkara (SL); 2. V. Sehwag (Ind); 3. M. Clarke (Aus); 4. S. Tendulkar (Ind); 5= S. Chanderpaul (WI), M. Jayawardene (SL); 7. J. Kallis (SA); 8. G. Smith (SA); 9. S. Katich (Aus); 10. R. Taylor (NZ)

All-rounders
1. J. Kallis (SA); 2. D. Vettori (NZ); 3. S. Hasan (Ban); 4. G. Swann (Eng); 5. V. Sehwag (Ind). :cheer: :shoot:

Dinesh84
25th August 2010, 05:08 PM
:cheer: :clap: Sehwag :clap: :cheer:

tamizharasan
25th August 2010, 07:10 PM
Sehwag is one of his kind player. Scores well in low scoring and tough matches. Great player to have in the team.

VinodKumar's
25th August 2010, 07:12 PM
Shewag :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sourav
25th August 2010, 08:22 PM
Sehwag is one of his kind player. Scores well in low scoring and tough matches. Great player to have in the team. :D

Nice bit of trivia to get started off with. All of Virender Sehwag's centuries have resulted in wins except for one. That century in defeat, incidentally, came against New Zealand.[tscii:3ea8ee528a][/tscii:3ea8ee528a]

Sehwag is only the 4th batsman to have scored 1000 fours in both formats. Tendulkar, Lara and Ponting are the other three

master,
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/121000/121043.jpg

tnx in adv. :D

satissh_r
25th August 2010, 09:28 PM
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/121000/121043.jpg

Mudi ennama valanthiruchu :P Didn't get a chance to watch the innings today, irunthalum :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Kalakitta thalaiva :thumbsup:

littlemaster1982
25th August 2010, 10:04 PM
[html:063e783c97]http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/121000/121043.jpg[/html:063e783c97]

Sourav
25th August 2010, 10:55 PM
"Man of the match from hotel guys... Very sweet people. " - Viru
http://web15.twitpic.com/img/151307883-ae3fc639b8d0ce6b95d634fcbbdcea4d.4c755318-scaled.jpg

Sourav
26th August 2010, 10:01 AM
viru's century!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsedxI0NV7E

# With his brilliant 110 off 93 balls, Sehwag has established an Indian record for most centuries (six) against New Zealand, overtaking Sachin Tendulkar's tally of five hundreds.

# Sehwag and Ricky Ponting now jointly share a record for most centuries (six) against New Zealand in ODIs.

# Of his 13 ODI hundreds, twelve have resulted in victories for Sehwag.

# Sehwag is now the fourth batsman to register 1000 fours or more in Tests as well as ODIs, joining Sachin Tendulkar, Ricky Ponting and Brian Lara.

# Sehwag has amassed 5018 for winning cause at an average of 46.03 in 118 matches, including 12 centuries and 27 fifties.

# Sehwag has got his 21st Man of the Match award - his sixth against New Zealand.

Puliyan_Biryani
26th August 2010, 10:32 AM
Nowadays I see some maturity in Sehwag. Previously he used to go for everything and gift his wicket away in ODIs. In both matches this series, he withered the storm and played the sort of innings Sachin (not a comparison) used to play. If he can mix his aggression with this maturity then we are in for a lot of entertainment. I would like to see his average in the 40s (a benchmark for modern ODI batsmen) and who knows even 200 seems imminently possible :D

Sourav
26th August 2010, 10:43 AM
Sehwag soars solo again

Virender Sehwag is the only batsman to adapt to the bowler-friendly conditions in Dambulla, where 230 is worth 300

Siddarth Ravindran in Dambulla

August 25, 2010

Paul the Octopus' spot-on predictions during the football World Cup were a cinch compared to the challenge of foreseeing results during the tri-series in Sri Lanka, where the inability of batsmen to cope with bowler-friendly conditions has led to wild swings in team fortunes. Only one man has adapted in Dambulla, where 230 is worth 300.

Virender Sehwag had ground out a watchful - by his standards - match-winning 99 against Sri Lanka last week and on Wednesday, against New Zealand, he made a more traditional Sehwagian century to carry India into the final. On a pitch where most of his team-mates struggled to get bat on ball, Sehwag appeared to be playing on a typical run-filled subcontinental one-day track.

This isn't the first time Sehwag has overshadowed his team-mates in a one-day series. In 2002-03, during the tour of New Zealand, when batsmen from neither side could make runs, Sehwag scored two centuries on his way to 299 runs in the series. The next highest tally for an Indian was 134. This time in Dambulla, the numbers are: Sehwag 240, next highest Indian 73.

When asked what would have happened had he not performed today, Sehwag was typically blunt: "[We would be] catching tomorrow's flight." Did he play more responsibly since the others were struggling? "Since I was in form, I thought I will score more than the others. If I take more strike, then there is a smaller chance of others getting out."

Sehwag played the first few overs cautiously, and it wasn't until the fifth that he opened out, smashing three consecutive boundaries off Kyle Mills. After that, he was collecting fours all around even while he was losing partners. When Yuvraj miscued a pull to the wicketkeeper, India were 61 for 3, with Sehwag having raced to 43 off 33.

"The wicket was behaving better today than it did in the other matches and I knew in the first couple of overs that if I applied myself and batted cautiously, then it will be a good track to bat on," he said. "So the first few overs, I was just watching how the wicket was behaving and after that I started playing my shots. I knew once I start playing my shots, the bowlers will be on the back foot and they will give me more loose balls."

Sehwag was tested by the short ball aimed at the body, especially by Tim Southee and Andy McKay, but he dealt with those deliveries by bending backwards to make room and then steered the ball towards third man or backward point. It was riveting stuff, though a bunch of school kids, who had been brought in to ensure the ground wasn't empty, didn't think so. They were content to play a game of tennis-ball cricket among themselves while Sehwag was crafting a masterclass.

New Zealand's task of containing Sehwag was made harder by their long injury list. With Jacob Oram and Daryl Tuffey out of action, they were a bowler short. At 69 for 4, with MS Dhoni and Sehwag at the crease, one more wicket would have turned the match completely in their favour. Instead, their fourth bowler was Scott Styris, who was taken for 14 runs in his first over by Sehwag. The Sehwag-Dhoni combination went on to notch up India's first century partnership of the tournament, and by the time Sehwag got his hundred - with a calm nudge towards cover for a single - India were taking charge.

By then, Sehwag's back started to give him trouble and, after two delicately steered fours of Mills, he holed out to deep midwicket. "I felt a little bit of pain in my back [after the hundred], so I asked the umpire if I can call the physio," he said. "The umpire asked if I can wait for another over since the drinks break was due. I tried to bat on for another over, but got out."

India were 173 for 5 when a disappointed Sehwag exited. "Had I batted for another 10 overs, we could have easily crossed 250, which would have been a safe target." He needn't have worried, though, because New Zealand's batting faded under lights.

Sehwag has troubled New Zealand right through his one-day career. From his brutal maiden century in 2001, which also knocked New Zealand out of a tri-series final in Sri Lanka, to the carnage in Hamilton last year, when he hammered the fastest one-day hundred by an Indian. Today's solo will rank up there with his one-man efforts in 2002-03 as among his finest efforts against his favourite opposition.

http://www.cricinfo.com/sl-tri2010/content/story/474353.html[tscii:e7e35dceaa][/tscii:e7e35dceaa]

Riyazz
26th August 2010, 12:58 PM
viru's century!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsedxI0NV7E

# With his brilliant 110 off 93 balls, Sehwag has established an Indian record for most centuries (six) against New Zealand, overtaking Sachin Tendulkar's tally of five hundreds.

# Sehwag and Ricky Ponting now jointly share a record for most centuries (six) against New Zealand in ODIs.

# Of his 13 ODI hundreds, twelve have resulted in victories for Sehwag.

# Sehwag is now the fourth batsman to register 1000 fours or more in Tests as well as ODIs, joining Sachin Tendulkar, Ricky Ponting and Brian Lara.

# Sehwag has amassed 5018 for winning cause at an average of 46.03 in 118 matches, including 12 centuries and 27 fifties.

# Sehwag has got his 21st Man of the Match award - his sixth against New Zealand.
:thumbsup: :clap:

VinodKumar's
26th August 2010, 09:00 PM
Nethu kooda theva illama sikiram out aana maari enakku oru feeling !!! :oops:

Puliyan_Biryani
26th August 2010, 09:07 PM
Seekiramnu naan sonnadhu 30-40s :evil:

VinodKumar's
26th August 2010, 09:08 PM
Seekiramnu naan sonnadhu 30-40s :evil:

What ?

Puliyan_Biryani
26th August 2010, 09:10 PM
Nethu kooda theva illama sikiram out aana maari enakku oru feeling !!! :oops:
100 adichuttu out aagaradhe ungalukku seekirama :D

Sourav
26th August 2010, 09:11 PM
Nethu kooda theva illama sikiram out aana maari enakku oru feeling !!! :oops:adeiiii... :lol:

VinodKumar's
26th August 2010, 09:14 PM
P_B and Sourav,

I am not complaining about him. Adichu viladurappa out aaga thaan seivom but innum konjam soodhanama vilanda teamkum nallathu avarum engayo povarnu thonuthu :mrgreen:

Puliyan_Biryani
26th August 2010, 09:26 PM
OK. I think you meant avasarapattu out aayittaaru.

Sourav, kaila edutha aruvaalai keezha vachudunga :D

Sourav
26th August 2010, 09:27 PM
right... i think he has played according to the pitch conditions in this series... just played down first 5-10 overs then his usual play... its enough i feel. but, if other batsmen in good form and if the condition also good 4 batting he will get back to his formula i.e attacking from the start.

Sourav, kaila edutha aruvaalai keezha vachudunga :D :rotfl2:

vinod-kellam aruva yethukku... paathi blade pothum... :lol2: :P

VinodKumar's
26th August 2010, 09:31 PM
OK. I think you meant avasarapattu out aayittaaru.

Sourav, kaila edutha aruvaalai keezha vachudunga :D

Since results were positive yesterday we dint feel that Shewag played that shot unnecessarily. Result vera maari irunthuruntha appdi thoniruka chance irruku illa illa thonirukum.

Sourav
27th August 2010, 06:53 AM
Virender Sehwag world’s best opener, says Matthew Hayden

It may be too sweeping a statement to say that India’s batting begins and ends with Virender Sehwag.

However, recent records, particularly the numbers in Sri Lanka, force one to draw such an inference. He has been the highest scorer with 240 runs in four games.Skipper MS Dhoni is a distant second with only 73.

Sehwag, who was also India’s key batsman in the Tests against Sri Lanka, is also the highest scorer in the tournament. “He is the best opener in the world,” declared Matthew Hayden, himself an accomplished opener till he retired in 2009. “Few players leave the impact that Virender can leave in a game,” the Aussie told DNA.

According to Hayden, Sehwag’s biggest strength is his natural ability to play freely. “He leaves an impact on every match, be it a Test, an ODI or a T20 contest. He brings excitement and drama to the game from the very first ball.”

Hayden says he is amazed by Sehwag’s ability to play square off the wicket without moving his feet.

“The best thing about his batting is the shots he plays square off the wicket. His ability to go over the top and over backward-point is amazing. It’s such a great strength that few can match. He looks to attack always.”

Hayden, who was also known to be an attacking batsman, is particularly impressed with Sehwag’s track record in Tests. “With Test cricket, we’re not giving as much attention as we should be.

Tests are all about strategy. Virender destroys all strategies. He brings the excitement and drama from the first ball.

If Test cricket is still alive, it is because of players like him. It’s good for the game.”

Hayden says Sehwag is also the best batsman in the Indian team along with Sachin Tendulkar and Suresh Raina. “Among the Indians, he is one of the best along with Sachin but I think Sehwag makes a big impact.”

Hayden says his Chennai Super Kings teammate is also a quality player who will do well in all forms of the game. “I’m so happy for Raina that he got his first Test hundred. He is such a bundle of talent. I keep mentoring him. We exchange messages and e-mails. He has got the right talent and temperament to play Tests as much as ODIs and T20. I think he will develop into a fine all-round talent.”

Hayden goes to the extent of anointing Raina as India’s future captain. “He’s got tremendous leadership qualities. I won’t be surprised if Raina becomes India’s ODI captain. He is a superb fielder and fits into the team culture. He wants his teammates to succeed. He is a steady and balanced character, irrespective of the highs and lows. I think he can lead India when Dhoni passes the baton.”

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_virender-sehwag-world-s-best-opener-says-matthew-hayden_1429248[tscii:8d28234804][/tscii:8d28234804]

VinodKumar's
27th August 2010, 08:31 AM
right... i think he has played according to the pitch conditions in this series... just played down first 5-10 overs then his usual play... its enough i feel. but, if other batsmen in good form and if the condition also good 4 batting he will get back to his formula i.e attacking from the start.

Sourav, kaila edutha aruvaalai keezha vachudunga :D :rotfl2:

vinod-kellam aruva yethukku... paathi blade pothum... :lol2: :P

// Blade pakkiri ya :shaking: Munnadiyae therinjuruntha Suseendharan kitta solli oru chance vaangirukalam :lol: //

VinodKumar's
27th August 2010, 08:32 AM

Itha thaan naanga ella article layum padikiromae :poke:

Sourav
27th August 2010, 09:39 AM

Itha thaan naanga ella article layum padikiromae :poke:athai vacchu than naanum sonnen.... nan mattum match paakurana enna... :lol2:

finals than paakka poren...weekend... :boo:

VinodKumar's
27th August 2010, 11:30 AM

Itha thaan naanga ella article layum padikiromae :poke:athai vacchu than naanum sonnen.... nan mattum match paakurana enna... :lol2:

Velanguna maari thaan :oops:

Sourav
27th August 2010, 11:50 AM

Velanguna maari thaan :oops: :evil:
Last WC nee ella matches-iyum paathu india-ku cup vaangi koduthirukka vendiyathu thane.... :rotfl:

//

India’s opener Virender Sehwag has been the live wire in India’s batting in the series, scoring 240 runs in four matches with a century and a 99 not out.

“A lot of people have tried a lot of plans but he’s (Sehwag) an excellent player if we can get him early it will be an advantage,” Sangakkara said of the Indian batsman.

He also urged Sri Lanka batsmen to learn from how Sehwag has managed to score heavily on bowling-friendly pitches at Dambulla.

“You can’t bat all the time in the same way. You got to adapt to situations, pitches and the bowlers. He has adapted himself well and our batsmen too have something to learn from him,” Sangakkara said. [tscii:5fc587c290][/tscii:5fc587c290]
http://www.etaiwannews.com/etn/news_content.php?id=1358372&lang=eng_news&cate_img=145.jpg&cate_rss=news_Sports

Sourav
28th August 2010, 06:34 AM
Viru’s USP is the way his mind functions

Anil Kumble

If you’re smiling as you sit down to watch a game, glance ruefully as the ball whizzes by if you’re a bowler, or just lean on your bat and watch from the best seat in the house if you’re the non-striker, there’s every chance Virender Sehwag’s bat is swinging out in the middle. Viru makes such a
difference to the team in terms of sheer spunk and attitude no matter what the pitch is, no matter what the conditions, no matter who is bowling. As long as he’s there, the runs keep coming at his pace, which is brisk. He also makes things look very easy, so, for a captain, to have Sehwag open the innings is invaluable -— because the opposition’s on the back foot straightaway.

But Sehwag’s a confidence player. As a captain, you need to let him know you’re backing him squarely. You have to tell him, “We want you and need you at the top of the order”.

He’s not the kind of player you can tell, “You’re out of form, so you need to get back to domestic cricket and make runs and come back”. I think that was the mistake made a few years ago, just before I took over the captaincy. From my point of view, I wanted Sehwag when we went to Australia. My reasoning was clear: “There is no one else like Sehwag, so you can’t treat him like anyone else”. :bow:

Even till the last minute before the second Test in Sydney, I wanted to play him, but we finally felt it wasn’t fair to give the other guy only one chance before brining Sehwag back. I also knew that in Sehwag’s case, it was only a matter of time before he was back in the XI and sure enough, he was back in the third Test and it was like he was never away.

Sehwag’s strength, as he’s shown yet again in the ongoing series, lies in his aggression and in the unique way his mind works. He really doesn’t think he needs to hang around — survival isn’t on his mind at all. He’s got the eye, picks up the length of the ball very quickly and doesn’t look to change his game. So he can score runs on pitches that do a lot, that swing, seam, deviate off the wicket… it doesn’t matter!

What makes him a more complete player now is that he’s also come to understand that he doesn’t really need to play faster in an ODI than he does in a Test, he can play the same way and still be faster than everyone around. So if you see his recent one-day performances, you’ll find they are more onsistent than in the past.

It also makes him the biggest threat. He’s invariably a marked man — any opposition captain would think, “Get Sehwag and the rest will follow”.

That is also what India’s should worry about, going into the final. Sehwag’s had no real support in this series, scoring nearly 50 per cent of the total runs scored by India — others need to step up. On a similar note, Yuvraj Singh is also a game-changer — he’s shown that in the past. He too will be crucial to India’s success now and in the foreseeable future.

Another plus though, has been the form of the three frontline pacemen. Praveen Kumar, especially, has been very good upfront and picked up key wickets — whenever he hasn’t, India have struggled. In any team discussion, we talk about getting two wickets in the first 10 overs to be on our way. That’s what Praveen and India have to aim for today.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Viru-s-USP-is-the-way-his-mind-functions/Article1-592761.aspx[tscii:0b6f48f5b6][/tscii:0b6f48f5b6]

//

Sehwag can really keep things simple - Sunil Gavaskar

Virender Sehwag is not only a delight to watch but is also a delight to listen to. Many experienced and senior people tell us that the best way to tackle anything is by observing the kiss principle (Keep it simple stupid). The last word of course can be changed to suit the occasion or the person who needs to be advised of it but it makes eminent sense.
Virender Sehwag keeps it simple and he is not stupid nor ever has been. He spoke after getting that terrific century, how he thought that he should bat carefully for the first few overs against New Zealand, because the ball may do something and then settle down and play his shots. It worked like a dream as he went on to get the century he was denied against Sri Lanka, and has now given himself the chance to settle scores in the final with another big innings. What was obvious in that century apart from him giving a bit of time to see off the hard new ball was, how he was not trying to hit the ball too hard but stroking it firmly. Earlier he has suffered, because he has tried to get a strike rate of 200 and so, has perished in the attempt. But in this series he has made an earnest attempt to stay for the first few overs and then start the banging. It has paid him and the team rich dividends and he is enjoying himself hugely. No batsman worth his salt likes to see others get runs while he twiddles his thumbs in the dressing room after being dismissed.
He believes that those are his runs that are being scored by others in the team and the best way to redress that, is to be at the crease yourself, and that is what Viru is doing and doing it in a more thrilling manner than anybody in the game.PMG
http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOINEW&BaseHref=TOICH/2010/08/28&PageLabel=19&EntityId=Ar01903&ViewMode=HTML&GZ=T
//

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/getimage.dll?path=TOICH/2010/08/28/19/Img/Pc0191000.jpg

Sourav
29th August 2010, 07:14 AM
Tests - 348 runs + 7 wkts
ODIs - 268 runs

Man of the in test series & ODI series... 2 cars... kalakkita thalaiva!!! :bow: :D :D :D :bow:
i know here (in hub) u wont get the appreciations u deserve... :)
wish u kantinee the same form for aus tour too... :noteeth: one month rest irukku...

Sourav
29th August 2010, 07:48 PM
http://cricket.ndtv.com/storypage.aspx?id=SPOEN20100151423&nid=48066
The other main mover upwards in the top 10 is Sehwag, who was declared Man-of-the-Series in Sri Lanka.

The hard-hitting opener was the series' top-scorer with 268 at an average of 67 and that effort has moved him up eight places on the rankings to eighth place.

ajithfederer
29th August 2010, 09:10 PM
Congrats viru.

Tests - 348 runs + 7 wkts
ODIs - 268 runs

Man of the in test series & ODI series... 2 cars.

Aama ivaru manu-needhi solaaru. Ivar mattum dhan correcttaa appresiesan pannuvaru. :lol:.

Thirumaran
29th August 2010, 09:15 PM
Aama ivaru manu-needhi solaaru. Ivar mattum dhan correcttaa appresiesan pannuvaru. :lol:.

:lol2: athula oru smile vaera.. ennamo nadakka koodaatha kastam nadanthutta maathiri yum, atha romba easy yaa eduthukitta maathiri yum oru scene vaera :rotfl:

Sourav
29th August 2010, 09:18 PM

respannse sarillappa...athan apdi oru posttu.... :mrgreen:

ajithfederer
29th August 2010, 09:22 PM
:rotfl2:

:lol2: athula oru smile vaera.. ennamo nadakka koodaatha kastam nadanthutta maathiri yum, atha romba easy yaa eduthukitta maathiri yum oru scene vaera :rotfl:

Puliyan_Biryani
29th August 2010, 10:26 PM

respannse sarillappa...athan apdi oru posttu.... :mrgreen:
indha maadhiri edhavadhu bit-a potta 4 peru post pannuvaangannu nappaasaiyaa? Never. idhaiyum vazhakkampol ignore seyyumaaru saga hubber-galai panivenbudan kettukkolgiren.

Sehwag :notworthy: . Some support at the other end would've eased his pressure and allowed him to play more freely :sigh2:

Sourav
2nd September 2010, 07:45 PM
The solid Vijay, who is here with Chemplast team that is playing in the Corporate Trophy, described Virender Sehwag as an amazing player.

“It’s a great privilege to play along with him. Above all, he is a great human being. I’m learning a lot watching him. I’m learning a lot with my stints in the Indian team,” he said.

http://expressbuzz.com/cricket/i%E2%80%99m-living-a-dream-says-murali-vijay/203182.html[tscii:c6244c582f][/tscii:c6244c582f]

Sourav
5th September 2010, 09:34 PM
Viru will be coming LIVE at 9-9-9 (9 PM, 9th Sep) :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilKtKFJYuI8

virendersehwag

I will be coming LIVE at 9-9-9 (9 PM, 9th Sep) on www.facebook.com/virendersehwagofficial. Tweet me your questions.. http://bit.ly/93u805

i have started my YouTube channel. find me at www.youtube.com/virendersehwag ..

http://twitpic.com/2l4snj

Sourav
8th September 2010, 09:32 AM
Dominance sans arrogance, that's Sehwag for you
Amrit Mathur, Hindustan Times

September 08, 2010

With Sachin Tendulkar missing from the India team, the spotlight is on Virender Sehwag. Suddenly, truth has dawned that he is not a good but a great player. Sehwag is in a class of his own and on current form is a 100m sprinter who is five yards ahead of the others. Statisticians discovered that
Sehwag was the fastest to reach 7000 Test runs, apart from Wally Hammond, and he scores 60% of his runs from boundaries. His Test strike rate is 81 and for someone so aggressive, has more double hundreds than technical wizards like Sunil Gavaskar and Rahul Dravid.

So, the inevitable question: where does Sehwag sit in the list of superstars? Kapil Dev, a worthy member of cricket's elite, thinks Sehwag is an extra-special talent.

"I did not see (Sir Don) Bradman and thought nobody could match (Sir) Viv Richards, but Sehwag has gone beyond that or anyone else," he says. "Earlier, my all-time great openers were Sunil Gavaskar and Gordon Greenidge. Now, my vote is for Sunny and Sehwag." As Sehwag is fearless, Kapil thinks bowlers are scared of him - instead of getting him out, they look to escape punishment.

Sehwag's batting is based on daredevilry and scientists are yet to detect a tissue of self-doubt in his DNA. For a batsman known to reject foot movement, he is forever on the front foot.

Sehwag's cricket is dominant and positive but without arrogance - he hits a stunning boundary and quietly marks his crease again instead of staring the bowler down.

We admire his audacious cuts and offside shots but often overlook that he respects the fundamentals of batting like any other great player. His batting grammar is correct, his assault directed against the opposition, not the MCC coaching manual. Sehwag plays through the line, not across it.

Gautam Gambhir, another confessed fan, feels Sehwag's success is a result of balance, incredible timing and a policy of playing to his strengths. Contrary to popular perception about being an instinctive, naturally-gifted genius, Sehwag is a crusty professional who sits down with mental conditioning experts, consults videos of bowlers and his sharp mind separates the essential from the peripheral.

I once asked him about the goals he sets himself. The reply was simple: Make runs as quickly as possible and yes, play one-dayers as if they are Test matches!

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Dominance-sans-arrogance-that-s-Sehwag-for-you/Article1-597451.aspx

Sourav
20th September 2010, 05:33 PM
http://www.indiablooms.com/SportsDetailsPage/sportsDetails200910c.php

LG ICC Awards 2010

Short-lists of nominees (in alphabetical order)

Individual Awards

Cricketer of the Year

Hashim Amla (SA)

Virender Sehwag (Ind)

Graeme Swann (Eng)

Sachin Tendulkar (Ind)

Test Player of the Year

Hashim Amla (SA)

Virender Sehwag (Ind)

Dale Steyn (SA)

Sachin Tendulkar (Ind)

[tscii:66ce8ba5a9][/tscii:66ce8ba5a9] :D :waiting-for-oct-6:

Maniraj
20th September 2010, 05:36 PM
Naanum viru pan thaan... en paerum add pannungo :P

Sourav
20th September 2010, 05:40 PM
Naanum viru pan thaan... en paerum add pannungo :P
Welcome...welcome... :D vera yaravathu pan iruntha unga perai koduthu sehwag sangathula sernthu uruppinar attai (membership card) vaangikkonga ... :noteeth:

Maniraj
20th September 2010, 05:41 PM
Urupinar ataiku ilavasa minsaram unda?? :lol:

Sourav
20th September 2010, 05:43 PM
Urupinar ataiku ilavasa minsaram unda?? :lol: Oh..unde....vaanga oru 10 nimisham unga udambula pass panni vidurom...

no more chatting... :twisted:

Sourav
21st September 2010, 11:41 AM
The nominations, which recognise cricketing achievement for the period between 24 August 2009 and 10 August 2010,
thalaivar had played 10 test matches, scored 1282 runs @ an avg of 85.46 with an outstanding s/r 97.34... so 1 award confirmed... :cheer:

Sourav
27th September 2010, 12:06 PM
People can say what they want: Sehwag

By: Agni Pandey Date: 2010-09-27 Place: Chandigarh

Opener not paying attention to Johnson's remarks about him being a suspect against short bowling

One of the keys to Virender Sehwag's success in international cricket is that he does not allow his mind to be cluttered with negative thoughts.

He has a simple philosophy and come what may, he lives by it.

Little wonder then, he did not read much into Aussie pacer Mitchell Johnson's view of him being vulnerable to short-pitched bowling early on in his innings.

"Before the start of a series, everyone talks about such things," Sehwag told MiD DAY on the sidelines of the Indian team's practice session in Mohali yesterday.

"Let people say what they want. I don't have a problem. Everything will be clear once the series starts. I really don't think much about all this," said Sehwag.

In what has now become a tradition with visiting Australian teams, left-arm pacer Johnson targeted Sehwag since the opener will have a huge say in the two-Test series which kicks off at Mohali on October 1.

"Last time when we were over here, he came out and hit good balls for four or six. You look up at the scoreboard and he's almost 50. Sehwag is someone we can bowl a lot of short balls to. I don't think he's too confident with the short ball early," said Johnson.

But that surely does not guarantee success against Sehwag considering that over the years, he has always proved his detractors wrong. Before his first tour to Australia in 2003-04, pundits felt his lack of technique will be thoroughly exposed, but Sehwag scored 464 runs in four Tests at 58.00.

On the opening day of the third Test, he scored 195 to light up the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

Sehwag has been a thorn for Australia. In 14 games against them, the dasher has scored 1400 runs at 51.85 with three hundreds. Meanwhile, Johnson has had a huge impact ever since his debut three years ago. The tall pacer has 29 wickets from eight Tests against India and has dismissed Sehwag thrice.

http://www.mid-day.com/sports/2010/sep/270910-Virender-Sehwag-Mitchell-Johnson-Australia-India-Test-Series.htm

From Comments sec of this article 'Sehwag not fond of short balls' (http://www.cricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2010/content/current/story/478662.html)

Well, not just short ball, I don't think Sehwag is fond of any kind of bowling - he either leaves it alone or thrashes to the boundary.

Great comment! :rotfl2: :thumbsup:

Sourav
29th September 2010, 09:36 PM
[tscii:c5b1eec9bd]
Virender Sehwag’s pyrotechnics with the bat give Indian team an edge as the flamboyant batsman takes the pressure off his middle-order colleagues by scoring at a fast pace, Australian coach Tim Nielsen said on Wednesday.

“Sehwag’s performances at the top of the order have had a damaging effect on opposition teams. His aggressive approach has helped the likes of Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar and VVS Laxman to play freely.

“It obviously helps when you get quick 90 or a 100 from Sehwag and batsmen coming after him are able to build their innings on that foundation,” Nielsen told reporters.
http://www.thehindu.com/sport/cricket/article802648.ece[/tscii:c5b1eec9bd]

Sehwag is now ICC brand ambassador for 2010-11
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/et-cetera/Sehwag-is-now-ICC-brand-ambassador-for-2010-11/articleshow/6651793.cms

Sourav
2nd October 2010, 05:06 PM
Sehwag has equalled the record for most successive fifties, with Gambhir and Viv Richards. :clap:

littlemaster1982
2nd October 2010, 05:32 PM
From Comments sec of this article 'Sehwag not fond of short balls' (http://www.cricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2010/content/current/story/478662.html)

Well, not just short ball, I don't think Sehwag is fond of any kind of bowling - he either leaves it alone or thrashes to the boundary.

Innuma idhai sig-la podala :P

raghavendran
2nd October 2010, 07:54 PM
can he be called as the modern day VIVIAN RICHARDS? :think:

sathya_1979
2nd October 2010, 10:09 PM
Congrats Viru, aanaa Johnson sonna maadhiriyE short pitch ball la out aakkittaan :(

Sourav
2nd October 2010, 10:14 PM
Congrats Viru, aanaa Johnson sonna maadhiriyE short pitch ball la out aakkittaan :( sathya, is that short-pitch ball? i think that came just above stump height sehwag tried to play on the leg side, leading edge..

Sourav
2nd October 2010, 10:14 PM

Innuma idhai sig-la podala :P
:goodidea: :P

can he be called as the modern day VIVIAN RICHARDS? :think: last yr there was a article written in cricinfo which compared viru with viv richards created lot of arguments...

Cricinfo conduting a poll to select alltime world best XI, viru is there in the openers list, if he could make it in the final XI that will be a great achievement/recognition for viru from the cricket fans all over the world... i m eagerly waiting for the result date oct-12. :D How great it would be if viru is selected with the all-time greats like bradman, sachin etc... :bow:

//

Pick ur all-time world Test XI here,

http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/478566.html

http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/magazine/world_alltime.html

Viru fans, pls select viru in ur team....

sathya_1979
2nd October 2010, 10:25 PM
Congrats Viru, aanaa Johnson sonna maadhiriyE short pitch ball la out aakkittaan :( sathya, is that short-pitch ball? i think that came just above stump height sehwag tried to play on the leg side, leading edge..
not bounced too high, but yes, it is a short pitched ball.
Supporting Quote from Cricinfo:
Johnson to Sehwag, OUT, 144.0 kph, Johnson has nipped out Sehwag who has looked loose in the last few minutes. Huge wicket this. Short ball angling across from leg to off, Sehwag looks to work it to the leg side and gets a leading edge that lobs up into the covers for a simple catch

Sourav
2nd October 2010, 10:30 PM
Johnson to Sehwag, OUT, 144.0 kph, Johnson has nipped out Sehwag who has looked loose in the last few minutes. Huge wicket this. Short ball angling across from leg to off, Sehwag looks to work it to the leg side and gets a leading edge that lobs up into the covers for a simple catchok, avanai next match/innings meet pannalaam... :P avan kitta poyi out aagittane... :cry: he was in great touch for that 59...

Sourav
2nd October 2010, 10:37 PM
http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/records/283050.html

thalaivaa, just 1 more plss....

sathya_1979
2nd October 2010, 10:38 PM
Johnson to Sehwag, OUT, 144.0 kph, Johnson has nipped out Sehwag who has looked loose in the last few minutes. Huge wicket this. Short ball angling across from leg to off, Sehwag looks to work it to the leg side and gets a leading edge that lobs up into the covers for a simple catchok, avanai next match/innings meet pannalaam... :P avan kitta poyi out aagittane... :cry: he was in great touch for that 59...
yes, maraNa adi as usual!

Vivasaayi
2nd October 2010, 10:54 PM
ngoayyala..test matchla match winnerna neethaan!

:clap:

Sourav
2nd October 2010, 11:36 PM
For those who missed Viru LIVE on 9-9 @ 9 pm ..

http://www.youtube.com/virendersehwag#p/a/u/1/_AQr_Vinisk

*viru says sachin as God!

Dhakshan
3rd October 2010, 12:14 AM
Viru :clap: for his consecutive maximum 50s club.. And this is just the beginning :cheer:

Riyazz
3rd October 2010, 12:41 AM
Viru :clap: for his consecutive maximum 50s club.. And this is just the beginning :cheer: :thumbsup:

Thirumaran
3rd October 2010, 10:10 AM
nalla vaela few people applauded... illainaa yaarumae applaud panna maataangannu urukamaa sila posts paarka vaendi irunthirukkum :cry3:

Sourav
3rd October 2010, 10:57 AM
sari sari...neenga remmbha urugi peel pannnatheenga... :lol2: keep ur applauds safely for coming weeks... ;) Expecting ICC best test player of the yr award and place in All-time world best test XI. :P

sunnyg
4th October 2010, 08:09 PM
Rendu innings layum short ball pottu Viru va out pannitaanga.

I hope this is not the beginning of another slump in form.

Remember, we are visiting South Africa next!

Go Viru and Go India!

Sourav
4th October 2010, 08:48 PM
thadaigalai tharkatherinthu thalaivar meendu varuvaar! :2thumbsup:

VinodKumar's
4th October 2010, 09:34 PM
nalla vaela few people applauded... illainaa yaarumae applaud panna maataangannu urukamaa sila posts paarka vaendi irunthirukkum :cry3:

Sila posts illa orae post :lol:

Riyazz
4th October 2010, 11:13 PM

Sila posts illa orae post :lol: :lol:

Sourav
5th October 2010, 07:04 AM
No more digression! :notthatway:

sathya_1979
6th October 2010, 07:04 PM
Congrats Viru - ICC Test Player of the year :clap:

yOv Sourav, enna innum update paNNaama irukka?

satissh_r
6th October 2010, 08:05 PM
Thalaiva :notworthy: Adutha varusham ODI, T20 ellam serthu vanga :thumbsup:

Sourav
6th October 2010, 08:07 PM
:victory: :victory: :victory: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Congrats thalaiva! I m sooooo happpyyyyy! :D

Sathya bro, Just now came back from office! :D

Thanks a ton to dhaks who updated me the good news in sms! :ty:

Sourav
6th October 2010, 08:10 PM
Sehwag is Test Cricketer of the Year

ESPNcricinfo staff

October 6, 2010
Text size: A | A

Virender Sehwag, the India opener, has been named the Test Player of the Year during the 2010 ICC Awards ceremony in Bangalore. He won the award, the first of his career, ahead of Sachin Tendulkar, Dale Steyn and Hashim Amla, who were the other nominees in the category.

"It's fantastic to win the award, to take over the title from Gautam Gambhir," Sehwag said after receiving the prize from Courtney Walsh. "I think I got motivated when Gambhir got this award last time, I was discussing with him that I hope I get it this time and I got it. I'm a huge fan of Test cricket and I love to play it more than Twenty20 or one-day cricket.

"When I was growing up, I was playing lot of 10-over, 12-over games, so I had to score off every ball, same thing I have continued. I followed my instincts and played in the same way in T20, ODI and Tests. It's a great strength to have."

Sehwag scored 1282 runs in ten Tests at an average of 85.46 between August 2009 and 2010, which was the period under consideration for the award. He was also named in the Test Team of the Year, which was captained by MS Dhoni.

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/480091.html[tscii:df321d7cd1][/tscii:df321d7cd1]

Dhakshan
6th October 2010, 08:27 PM
Sehwag :clap: and he deserves :notworthy: a hundred times...

Riyazz
7th October 2010, 12:03 AM
Shewag congrats :cheer: u will rock on coming years also :2thumbsup:

ajithfederer
7th October 2010, 06:59 AM
Congratulations shewag :clap:

Kalyasi
7th October 2010, 07:58 AM
Vaazhthukal Viru!!

19thmay
7th October 2010, 10:12 AM
:clap: :clap: Thalabathy-ku vaazhthukkal! :clap: :clap:

You are a definite asset to the Indian cricket team! 8-)

Sourav
7th October 2010, 10:38 AM
http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/122600/122662.jpg

satissh_r
7th October 2010, 10:49 AM

Sourav, If you are not going to have this as your DP, can I use it? :)

Sourav
7th October 2010, 10:59 AM

Sourav, If you are not going to have this as your DP, can I use it? :)useungo... useungo.. :2thumbsup:

Dinesh84
7th October 2010, 10:59 AM
Veerathi Veeran Viru avargalukku vazhthukkal :clap:

littlemaster1982
7th October 2010, 11:38 AM
[html:8bdeaf63f4]http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/122600/122662.jpg[/html:8bdeaf63f4]

ajaybaskar
7th October 2010, 12:12 PM
Congrats to the little master blaster. :clap:

Sourav
7th October 2010, 12:41 PM
Pick ur all-time world Test XI here,

http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/478566.html

http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/magazine/world_alltime.html

The shortlists: Openers

Arthur Morris, Barry Richards, Glenn Turner, Gordon Greenidge, Graeme Smith, Hanif Mohammad, Marvan Atapattu, Saeed Anwar, Sanath Jayasuriya, Sir Conrad Hunte, Sir Jack Hobbs, Sir Leonard Hutton, Stewie Dempster, Sunil Gavaskar, Victor Trumper, Virender Sehwag

reading the comments section, most of the cricket fans choice for openers are btw these 6 batsmen. It would be a great honour for viru if he could make into the final XI. :D Have to wait 6 more days for the final XI.

Plum
7th October 2010, 12:44 PM
Oh! Viru avatar vechukka Sourav kitta permission kEkkara levelku pOyAchA!

Sourav
7th October 2010, 02:42 PM
NDTV: Are you going to show that award to Sachin and say I managed to beat the competition and get this award?

Virender Sehwag: No, not at all because he is my role model Because of him I'm sitting here and I got this award. So, full praise for Sachin Tendulkar and you never know, maybe he will get the player of the year award so he can tease me.

Read more at: http://cricket.ndtv.com/storypage.aspx?id=INTEN20100155688&nid=&cp[tscii:58c038a9f5][/tscii:58c038a9f5]

satissh_r
7th October 2010, 03:25 PM
Oh! Viru avatar vechukka Sourav kitta permission kEkkara levelku pOyAchA!

:lol: Appadi illa, avarum frequenta change pannuvar so wanted to check with him before I put it myself :)

vanchi
8th October 2010, 10:22 PM
:clap: :thumbsup:

Sourav
10th October 2010, 08:57 PM
Sehwag undone by well-laid plan
Ben Hilfenhaus, the most skilled of the Australian bowlers, out-thought the most destructive batsman in world cricket

Sidharth Monga in Bangalore

It was a high. You were not sure how long it would last, but that actually was the thrill of it. As it turned out, it lasted for just 28 balls, but those 28 balls were worth remembering - both for Virender Sehwag's brilliance and Australia's acumen to get him out - as much as Marcus North's career-saving century or Sachin Tendulkar's serene saunter past 14,000 runs to stabilise India.

The near full-house - and that is a scheduling lesson for the BCCI who gives Tests to venues that don't really care about them - had seen and appreciated the visitors work hard for two sessions to get runs on board when all they actually came to see was Sehwag bat.

They had been patient, and cheered the Aussies. There was a sense of making up for Saturday when they booed every batsman that came out. When the Australian innings finally ended, they threw the niceties out and were ready for some real cheering. But there were only a few minutes to the tea break, and if hell would break loose, it would do so only after 20 minutes.

Sehwag came out to a typical Sehwag field. Square third man, deep point, fine leg, short leg, leg gully. It would all be short, mixed with the odd sucker ball. Sehwag upper-cut the first ball he faced, but deliberately in front of deep point. The crowd, it will be an understatement to say, went wild.

If Australia had the plan, Sehwag had the counters. He has done that to Kumar Sangakkara and Graeme Smith again and again over the last year, and was ready to do it to Ricky Ponting too.

What summed up Sehwag was neither an individual shot nor the strike-rate. It was the reaction on the faces of gully, slip and short leg when he upper-cut Mitchell Johnson. Michael Hussey at gully and Simon Katich at short leg were like men who were watching a prey enter the trap. Hussey jumped back expectantly, looking at the third man, only to see it sail over. Katich was sure that that was the wicket, but was left with an "aah" on his face. The prey had not only slipped away, he was creating havoc. Shane Watson at slip, perhaps more perceptive of Sehwag's methods than others, just laughed.

Johnson pitched up later, and Sehwag punched him through the covers. Peter George, the debutant, was then asked to bowl his first over to Sehwag of all the people. Twice in first over he was driven between the non-striker and mid-on. As the noise in the stands became louder and louder, the conferences between captain and bowler lasted longer and longer.

The decisive one was between Ricky Ponting and Ben Hilfenhaus, the most skilled of the Aussie bowlers. In his four earlier overs, he had managed just five deliveries at Sehwag. Now he had possibly a full over to work at Sehwag. There was a new plan here. There would be square legs in the circle, and another one in the deep. More accurate, more aggressive short deliveries would be bowled. And in Mohali he showed he has a mean bouncer to go with his outswing and occasional cutters.

The first one was so accurate it got Sehwag in the helmet. A hush fell on the ground. It sounded like a boo, but it like the nasty ones of yesterday. Hilfenhaus would have liked it. Nasser Hussain, one of the more successful captains in India, has spoken about the importance of silencing the indian crowds. It was perhaps that silence that let Hilfenhaus think more clearly.

If this was going to be short, Sehwag was going to pull it in front of square: he was going to be ready deep in the crease. Sure enough the ball was short, but it was the slower bouncer, and Sehwag ended up dragging the pull straight into the lap of the man waiting in the deep. For a moment, only Hilfenhaus could be heard in a stadium holding at least 30,000 people. He deserved to be. He had out-thought the most destructive batsman in cricket today.

Australia had jolted everybody out of the Sehwag high. Not for the first time in the series, a team had come back with the other threatening to dominate. Had Sehwag stayed for much longer than those 28 balls, India would have come back holding the advantage. Had Sehwag not got off to that start, Australia's energies would have been completely different.

A little spell of play where Australia planned to trap Sehwag, who broke free, but was dismissed before he could cause irreversible damage, summed up the series beautifully. Seven days of the series have been over, and neither side can claim it dominated the other by the end of any of those days.
http://www.cricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2010/content/current/story/480817.html
[tscii:2a0edda8e5][/tscii:2a0edda8e5]

//
Undone by the slower one... i thought that was a six wen he hit that... but,... :cry: wen he upper-cut one b4 i had my heart in my mouth... my heart always beating too faster wen ever he is playing.... :oops: from fan's perspective out aagiduvano-nu nervous-ave irukku by the way he plays... inimae viru 50 adikkura varaikkum match paakka porathulla... mudivu panniyachu...

Sourav
10th October 2010, 08:58 PM
50th Page! :victory: :D

Sourav
11th October 2010, 10:06 PM
Chandigarh, October 10 – Mr Deepender Singh Hooda, MP, Rohtak today said that Virender Sehwag Cricket Academy being constructed jointly by the State Government and cricket icon Virender Sehwag at Gurgaon road in village Silani of district Jhajjar would go a long way in grooming the promising sports talent.

http://haryananews.org/virendra-sehwag-cricket-academy-to-constructed-deepender-singh-hooda/archives/10860[tscii:8af0565419][/tscii:8af0565419]

vanchi
11th October 2010, 10:29 PM
antha shot sixernu nenachu patha, tatoo man kaila irukku. record just missu.

sourav, as you correctly say, tensionappa tension, enna avumonu. but that is his style. :)

sunnyg
12th October 2010, 09:58 PM
nalaikku theriyum avaru boushu!

Here's an opportunity for Veeru to make a mark.

Malai pola nambarom.

Sunny G.

Dinesh84
12th October 2010, 10:06 PM

Malai pola nambarom.

Sunny G. :roll: :huh:

Sourav
12th October 2010, 10:42 PM

Malai pola nambarom.

Sunny G.
boushu means yokkiyathai...right?
ithellam remmbha too much, provocative...
He won 'test player of the yr' for 2009/2010... 50+ scores in 11 consecutive matches... Thats the best mark one player can make in test cricket, i believe.

Dhakshan
12th October 2010, 11:07 PM

Malai pola nambarom.

Sunny G.

:roll: Puriyaadha vaarthai laam vechu ennathaiyo solla varinga...

sunnyg
12th October 2010, 11:18 PM
I agree - "boushu" is too strong a word.

Let me stick to my English.

I meant - tomorrow is a stern test for Veeru!

Sunny G. (fellow opener in India X1)

Dinesh84
13th October 2010, 12:03 AM

Sunny G. (fellow opener in India X1) ada pongayya.. :x i think he has nothing to prove as a player.. he is the most feared opener in recent times.. 8-)

Dhakshan
13th October 2010, 12:09 AM

Sunny G. (fellow opener in India X1) ada pongayya.. :x i think he has nothing to prove as a player.. he is the most feared opener in recent times.. 8-)

Yep.. Hav a look at the field set up by the opposition when this man is on...

Puliyan_Biryani
13th October 2010, 12:35 AM
Sachin thread-la avarukku test-u. Viru thread-layum test-u :x

Vivek in Perazhagan: aama ivaru Shankar Nethralaya Chief Doctor-u test-u panraaru test-u :lol:

sunnyg
13th October 2010, 01:29 AM
naan yen test veckkaren.

adhaan Test matche avngala test pannudhe!

This has been an exciting test series.

One more day of exciting cricket!

Go Veeru!

Sourav
13th October 2010, 06:53 AM

Sunny G. (fellow opener in India X1) :o R u murali vijay? :roll:

steveaustin
13th October 2010, 08:08 AM
:o R u murali vijay? :roll:

illa. Sunny G-nna Sunny Gavaskar. :lol:

Stern test for M.Vijay too.