View Full Version : IR News and Other Titbits Ver.2009

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

kid-glove
7th January 2010, 02:42 PM
Rasanai ketta mummy daddies :lol2:

Sanjeevi
7th January 2010, 03:03 PM
Plum,
Thanks for the link. Jeyamohan writes so much that it is difficult keeping up with his speed :)

He has unbelievable speed in writing at the same time with quality

same like raaja in speed?

Sureshs65
7th January 2010, 05:38 PM
Plum,

I don't think nachil was referring to JeMo but to the guy who posted the question to JeMo.

Sanjeevi: You are right about JeMo being like Raja in the literary sphere. I only wish he wrote a few more stories than some of the blog articles. Not cribbing anyway. His series on Gandhi has been outstanding.

nanchil_guy
7th January 2010, 06:20 PM
Plum,

I don't think nachil was referring to JeMo but to the guy who posted the question to JeMo.

Sanjeevi: You are right about JeMo being like Raja in the literary sphere. I only wish he wrote a few more stories than some of the blog articles. Not cribbing anyway. His series on Gandhi has been outstanding.

Yes, you are correct suresh. More over the comparison (nativity etc) JeMo has given there is, one of the best and opt for IR!

Plum
7th January 2010, 06:24 PM
Plum,

Yes, you are correct suresh. More over the comparison (nativity etc) JeMo has given there is, one of the best and opt for IR!

Plum,

ok :ashamed:

app_engine
9th January 2010, 12:52 AM
Typical IR statement :

ரீ- மிக்ஸ் பாடல்கள் அதிகரித்து வருவது பற்றிய கேள்விக்கு ""அதை கேட்பது உங்களின் தலையெழுத்து, அதை நீங்கள் கேட்டுதான் ஆக வேண்டும்'' என்றார்.

http://dinamani.com/edition/story.aspx?&SectionName=Cinema&artid=178928&SectionID=141&MainSectionID=141&SEO=&Title=

Sureshs65
9th January 2010, 02:06 PM
app_eng,

:lol: I love these types of answers compared to the typical bland answers given by almost everyone these days since no one wants to get into a controversy.

Sanjeevi
10th January 2010, 12:17 AM
http://idlyvadai.blogspot.com/2010/01/7-1-2010.html

அகி என்ற நிறுவனம் இளையராஜாவின் 2000 ஆவது வருடம் வரைக்கும் இசையமைத்த பாடல்களுக்கான பிரத்யேக உரிமையை வைத்துள்ளது. இந்நிலையில் தொலைக்காட்சி சீரியல்கள், விளம்பரப் படங்கள், செல்பேசி நிறுவனங்களில் காலர் டியூன்கள் போன்றவை அனுமதியில்லாமல் பயன்படுத்தப்படுவதால் அவர்களின் மீது சட்டபூர்வமாக நடவடிக்கை எடுக்கப் போவதாக எச்சரித்துள்ளது. அதே போல 2000 ரூபாய்க்கு இளையராஜா பற்றிப் பேசி பிழைப்பு நடத்துவதற்கும் இந்தத் தடை உண்டு என்றால் இன்னும் நன்றாக இருந்திருக்கும்.

Ultimate :rotfl3:

raja_fan
10th January 2010, 09:10 AM
ரீ- மிக்ஸ் பாடல்கள் அதிகரித்து வருவது பற்றிய கேள்விக்கு ""அதை கேட்பது உங்களின் தலையெழுத்து, அதை நீங்கள் கேட்டுதான் ஆக வேண்டும்'' என்றார்.

ஆமாம் ராஜா சார் ! தலை எழுத்து தான்.
ஆனால் அந்த தலை எழுத்தை எழுதுவதே உங்கள் வாரிசாக இருக்கும் போது...?
ராஜா, நீங்கள் பாடும்போது அது இசை; பேசும் போது அல்ல. இதை எப்போது புரிந்து கொள்ள போகிறீர்கள் ?

kameshratnam
10th January 2010, 12:25 PM
I have had a chance to talk to the man who has taken the audio rights...First i thought what a name leechman???and then someone told me it was laxman..keeping it aside..
I dont expect anything great...again it is gng to be aracha mavu..no new stuff

mahen01
10th January 2010, 01:51 PM
Guys, can anyone give me the movie names, song titles and the links to the PAA (hindi movie) tamil version.

vem
10th January 2010, 09:43 PM
IR in Bhairavi festival, on copyrights issue

http://www.chennaionline.com/video/index.aspx?vid=1727&Title=Ilayaraja%20Inaugurates%20Bhairavi%20Festiva l%20-%20Part%20I&Page=0

eagle
11th January 2010, 12:00 AM
I have had a chance to talk to the man who has taken the audio rights...First i thought what a name leechman???and then someone told me it was laxman..keeping it aside..
I dont expect anything great...again it is gng to be aracha mavu..no new stuff

Perhaps you could have put across your ideas to him... (or what HCIRF looking for) in case if you did would like to know reaction from his side...

Shank
11th January 2010, 05:13 AM
kameshratnam, I have interacted with Agilan on a number of occasions. At one point, we were also in discussions for releasing our music (My composer friend Srikanth Devarajan and I produce and release music albums) on Agi label for South Asia.

vel
11th January 2010, 10:31 AM
kameshratnam - pls dont comment on somebody's name in the future. Thanks for your understanding.

vel
11th January 2010, 10:39 AM

ஆமாம் ராஜா சார் ! தலை எழுத்து தான்.
ஆனால் அந்த தலை எழுத்தை எழுதுவதே உங்கள் வாரிசாக இருக்கும் போது...?
ராஜா, நீங்கள் பாடும்போது அது இசை; பேசும் போது அல்ல. இதை எப்போது புரிந்து கொள்ள போகிறீர்கள் ?

idhai padippadhum enga thalaiyezhuthudhaan...avar pesuvadhu silarukku purivadhum palarukku puriyaadhadhum avar avar thalaiyezhuthu dhaan...:lol:

app_engine
11th January 2010, 09:18 PM
One thing, the intellectual property thingy, statement on remix etc reaffirms that IR continues to be in the "same mode" as in 2009.

And so, we can expect some good scores this year as well (i.e. based on my theory) :-)

Sureshs65
11th January 2010, 10:09 PM
I guess if someone says of Raja, 'indha manushan tirundhave maataru' the happiest person will be app_eng :lol:

vem
12th January 2010, 09:00 AM
IR, in a jovial mood, with students for Pongal celebration

http://beta.thehindu.com/arts/music/article79181.ece?homepage=true

Happy Pongal !

Sanjeevi
12th January 2010, 04:41 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/01/ilayaraja-s-request-set-up-music.html

raja_fan
12th January 2010, 09:31 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/01/ilayaraja-s-request-set-up-music.html

நல்ல வேளை !
திருவாசகம் மாதிரி இதுக்கும் மக்கள் பணத்தை கேட்டு வாங்கி, 'அருட் தந்தை' போன்ற ஆளை நம்பி கொடுத்துவிட்டு, பின்னர் "இனிமேல் நான் இந்த மாதிரி ப்ராஜக்டில் இறங்க மாட்டேன்" என்று புலம்பல் அறிக்கை விடாத வரை மகிழ்ச்சி :)

Sureshs65
12th January 2010, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the links vem and Sanjeevi. How I wish I was also present there. Don't mistake me. I wish I was there because I could have heard Raja speaking and not because MOP Vaishnav is a girl's college :D

ramk1
12th January 2010, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the link friends. I wish i was there and i could have urged/pleaded with him to do more non-filmi albums and collaborate with other musicians rather than limiting himself with Balamuralikrishna and few others who are limited to tamilnadu. Wishful thinking!!!!

baroque
13th January 2010, 12:01 AM
ramk1,
Balamurali Krishna is not limited to Tamil Nadu.
He has done extensive musical works - Jugalbandhi albums with several Well respected Hindustani experts like Bhimsen Joshi, Kishore Amonkar .
He is a highly visible face of Indian Classical music in the International arena. :)

Vinatha.

eagle
13th January 2010, 12:07 AM
ramk1,
Balamurali Krishna is not limited to Tamil Nadu.
He has done extensive musical works - Jugalbandhi albums with several Well respected Hindustani experts like Bhimsen Joshi, Kishore Amonkar .
He is a highly visible face of Indian Classical music in the International arena. :)
Vinatha.

But if you compare him with L.subramnayam, jakir hussain, ravi shankar... u will know the difference... the above said people collaborated with western musicians for a long time and brought out many albums..... can u point out any such albums by BMK?....

baroque
13th January 2010, 12:11 AM
Yes they have worked with western experts.
Not only they are experts in purist platform, L.subramaniyam, Ustad zakhit etc.. into fusion music like Ilayaraaja .
another thing, L.Subramaniam, Ustad Zakhir etc.. they lived/lives in U.S.A for decades + which is GOOD for them.

As i understand Shri.Balamurali more traditional(Hindustani & Carnatic).
The point is he is not restricted to Tamil nadu.
whether he has done foreign collaborations or not, I am +
Shri.Balamurali krishna is a highly respected Indian Classical musician in International arena.
I don't know about his International works or fusion albums, I check with my Anna about it and let you know.
I have few of his jugalbandhi cds only.

Success will find talent, hard work and passion always.

yes.. we all want Ilayaraaja to work with western musicians and let the world enjoy his music! :) Avardhaan initiate pannanum, :) no point you and me longing for it.

vinatha

ramk1
13th January 2010, 01:06 AM
Thank god, i thought i am going to be bashed just for suggesting what i thought. Glad that everybody understood that my intent was to communicate my wish that IR should work with western musicians. His collaboration should not be limited with just the hungarian musicians & BMK.

baroque
13th January 2010, 01:17 AM
:D

See, R.D.Burman has done something during 80s.

http://panterabypancham.com/

Unfortunate Ilayaraaja had neither the advantages of performing artists like Late M.S.S, Bhimsen joshi etc.. nor R.D.Burman etc..(Hindi cinema always enjoys wide reach) then.

But it is 2010.
Things have progressed.

Ilayaraaja needs to initiate by himself.

vinatha. :)

vem
13th January 2010, 03:10 AM
As usual, I reckon IR didn't receive any awards from Screen for his spellbinding work in Paa. How long is he going to get the brush off ?

Sad.

app_engine
13th January 2010, 03:51 AM
http://beta.thehindu.com/arts/article79741.ece

என்னப்பா ஆச்சு ராசாவுக்கு? இந்து பேப்பருக்கு இன்ட்ர்யூல்லாம் குடுக்காரு?

Bala (Karthik)
13th January 2010, 04:51 AM
-repeat-

Bala (Karthik)
13th January 2010, 04:52 AM

:clap:

raja_fan
13th January 2010, 08:30 AM

என்னப்பா ஆச்சு ராசாவுக்கு? இந்து பேப்பருக்கு இன்ட்ர்யூல்லாம் குடுக்காரு?

adhuvaa ? ellaa pugazhum .... :D

njv
13th January 2010, 10:02 AM
Yes they have worked with western experts.
Not only they are experts in purist platform, L.subramaniyam, Ustad zakhit etc.. into fusion music like Ilayaraaja .
another thing, L.Subramaniam, Ustad Zakhir etc.. they lived/lives in U.S.A for decades + which is GOOD for them.

As i understand Shri.Balamurali more traditional(Hindustani & Carnatic).
The point is he is not restricted to Tamil nadu.
whether he has done foreign collaborations or not, I am +
Shri.Balamurali krishna is a highly respected Indian Classical musician in International arena.
I don't know about his International works or fusion albums, I check with my Anna about it and let you know.
I have few of his jugalbandhi cds only.

Success will find talent, hard work and passion always.

yes.. we all want Ilayaraaja to work with western musicians and let the world enjoy his music! :) Avardhaan initiate pannanum, :) no point you and me longing for it.

vinatha

Dont know why everyone has to work with western musicians! British left us more than 60 years and we still couldnt come out of their influence.

BMK is a classical carnatic ocean and we can take ample peals in it. He dont need to work with Western musicians. Same with IR. Remember, we all liked him because of his work in TFM, not his work with any westners.

baroque
13th January 2010, 10:47 AM
நாங்க எல்லோரும் அடிமை புத்தியோட இதெல்லாம் பேசலை ....
Ir is a gifted artist, let the world enjoy his music.
We want him to work with the finest musicians from west, east, north, south .. whole universe!

Robert De Niro & Edward Norton waiting for me. :swinghead:

bye bye :wave:

vinatha.

njv
13th January 2010, 12:02 PM
நாங்க எல்லோரும் அடிமை புத்தியோட இதெல்லாம் பேசலை ....
Ir is a gifted artist, let the world enjoy his music.
We want him to work with the finest musicians from west, east, north, south .. whole universe!

Robert De Niro & Edward Norton waiting for me. :swinghead:

bye bye :wave:

vinatha.

I am affraid its too late. Even the man who honored him "Isaignani" title had asked ARR to score music for new "Tamil Thai Vaazthu". MSV had the honor before and now ARR.

He has enough money now that if he is truly a musician, he shouldn't wait for sponsor to do music. He can do thirukkural, Bharathiar Songs, give different music to Abhirami Andhathi etc etc.

He dont have to release album. He just have to release the notes. There will be plenty of takers and will start playing his music. I am sure many of this fans will also start playing, just like the way Tyagaraja Aaradhana is happening, we would be having IR Aaradhana.

Sureshs65
13th January 2010, 01:13 PM
njv,

I agree with you fully. I personally cannot comprehend this desire for 'international' recognition. I can't understand why we don't take our own opinion seriously and need some 'foreigner' to certify our greatness!! I mean we are giving the authority to certify what is good or great to the west, freely!! I fail to comprehend how the opinion of a guy in Salem, USA about our music is superior to a guy in Salem, Tamilnadu? Each music system has lot of culture built into it and Raja's music is no exception. That is why it reaches a lot of people in the hinterland of Tamil Nadu. Once you 'globalize', your music reaches a different audience. I personally feel that Raja should continue reaching audience in Vijaywada or Kakanad or Madurai. Maybe it is a frog in the well policy but I am very certain that no matter how hard anyone tries there are certain things that cannot happen. You won't get some westerner to appreciate 'sendhurapoove' or 'chinna kannan azhaikiran'.

Tyagaraja and Dikshitar will remain our icons. The west will not put them on the same pedestal as Bach and Beethoven and that is fine with me coz I have Tyagaraja and Dikshitar on a much higher pedestal than Beethoven or Bach. Same with Raja. I listen to innumerable rock and blues bands but I have Raja on a much higher pedestal than all of them. I am quite confident about my aesthetics in music that I don't require someone else telling me that Raja is good.

raagas
13th January 2010, 01:49 PM
Suresh,njv

I partially agree and partially disagree.There is a slight disconnect in the discussion here.I think the discussion started with "International collaboration" and moved to "international recognition". I fully agree that we do not need some foreigner to 'certify' IR.

Coming to collaboration - IR has vast knowledge on western music and musicians.A brief look at some of his inspirations or his own speeches where he quotes some artists there, reveals that.So,knowledge-wise, he is not a frog in the well.I think it would 'interesting' if he collaborates with artists there,not for recognition,but only for creating something exciting.The motive can be pure creativity.

Pt.Ravi Shankar was already popular in the west and he collaborated with Philip Glass, because he liked Philip's work and wanted to see what they can do together. Same applies with Zakir Hussain teaming up with Mickey Hart. L.Subramaniam divides his time between Bangalore and US. So he could exchange his thoughts with artsists there which led to his collaborations with the great legends such as Yehudi Menuhin, Stephane Grapelli.

We cannot draw parallel to Balamurali Krishna, because we must understand that he is into vocal music and vocal music,being language driven,has its own limitations, when it comes to collaborating with people from other regions.That is why you do not see vocalists collaborating with vocalists much.But then some vocalists did collaborate with instrumentalists (example: R.A.Ramamani collaborating with Charlie Mariano).I think Balamurali krishna's example is not suitable in this context.

Ilaiyaraaja is a film composer. And we cannot draw parallels with classical musicians, since they have different commitments and artistic explorations. Added to that, the advantage they have is that they travel a lot, for concerts and develop friendships and collaborations out of their experiences. We cannot expect ilaiyaraaja's path also to be the same.

That said, i feel it would be interesting if Ilaiyaraaja collaborates on instrumentals/non-film albums.He already collaborated with Late.Bach in How To Name It :) And it was fantastic isn't it. So, it would be interesting if he collaborates on albums like those. Not that it is a must for him. but just to see what exciting stuff can be created by exchanging in a musical dialogue directly with some very good artist out there. And not just there, but even within India. I mean, I would definitely like to see IR taking collaboration aspect to compositional level too, instead of just commissioning artists(he did use services of Hari Prasad Chaurasia, Budapest Philharmonic,Pt.Bhimsen Joshi and many more) to play/sing his compositions.

But this desire of mine comes 2nd.The 1st is - IR himself doing a complete instrumental album such as HTNI, NBW or Thiruvasakam(in instrumental).

And for those who think Balamurali Krishna didnt collaborate beyond Bhimsen Joshi, see this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGdfwlNNjbk (it has western elements).

Bottomline: "Each one works according to a requirement" - Ilaiyaraaja in that Hindu article :)

Sureshs65
13th January 2010, 02:04 PM
raagas,

I don't think anyone will have a problem if Raja collaborates with a western musician but what I see from many posts is that people see this as a way to get 'international' recognition.

Having said that, I feel Raja may not be the best collaborator per se, given that he always comes up with an unified structure by himself. So the best option would be for Raja to compose and a good set of musicians / orchestra to play what has been composed. It can turn out like 'Tiruvasagam'.

raagas
13th January 2010, 02:07 PM
[tscii:7bf4b563d2]I salute the Maestro for these lines: :victory:

“It is not our duty to worry about trends. We cannot criticise anybody’s music. Each one works according to a requirement,” and it was not necessary to sit in judgement over music. “If some prefer fast food, what’s wrong?”

"Theory or vidwat might appeal to the intellect, but it is what you experience that will touch the heart…no one can form any rule for the arts. It’s all in the way you look things.”

"When you listen to a song, it should make you sit up and wonder, “Hey, what is this!” or give you an inexplicable feeling of joy or relate beautifully to the music in you. Without any of these three, it would be sheer noise.”

Absolutely well said.This is remarkable!

So many changes in him? He is no longer complaining about "other's popcorn music" and in turn says "lets not set up ourselves as judges".He is talking to press frequently. Attending various functions such as Pazhassi raja release, Paa movie premiere, Lakshminarayana Global Music Festival,Om Shanti release,Womens college gathering.... [/tscii:7bf4b563d2]

raagas
13th January 2010, 02:15 PM
Suresh,

I think this whole thirst for 'Recognition for our idol' - is born out of insecurity. I do not see any reason why people should be insecure,when IR is still musicially rich and talented. One should feel insecure, if he is running out of steam,musically. But he is not. He is going great guns. Then why do some people/fans feel so bothered about international recognition. It will come as by-product, if IR chooses to collaborate with artists firstly.

And as you said, his style of work is such that he might not be best in collaborating. This why i said it would be only 'interesting'.I only meant to sound curious about it and not that I would desperately want him to. If he collaborates,he would have make some compromises in his way of working,style,usage of thought etc and IR is known for sticking to his thought till the finish.So, he wouldnt be comfortable for sure. But then, thats exactly i am curious about - What would shape up, if he comes out of that comfort zone and collaborate with some good artist? I am plain curious! :)

baroque
13th January 2010, 02:21 PM
raagas,
Thanks for the you tube.
I hear rap & jadhi followed by Sri.Balamurali Krishna is singing the composition in the same jadhi with orchstra inbetween.
Can you explain the western elements in it?
vinatha.

raagas
13th January 2010, 02:35 PM
baroque,

Firstly, Balamurali sharing same platform with rapper Suresh Peters was unthinkable.

The song as such, in Shankarabharanam, has so much western classical touch to it, probably in the tune or in the treatment given in this clip. Shankarabharanam exists in WCM as Harmonic Diatonic scale -- C Major (according to a page in internet)

When the flute plays, we can hear a harmony behind the flute, probably chorus and i was following that tune. the melody, though in shankarabharanam, sounded WCM to be, when it got into background, a layer of harmony.

And the way Balamurali finishes it,i could feel that he was singing some symphony piece for us, as if to demonstrate.

Overall, dont you think there was some difference in the presentation of this Shankarabharanam and other more traditionally sounding shankarabharanams. And that, with rap thrown in :)

baroque
13th January 2010, 02:40 PM
Njv,

That's nice Rahman is doing the new Thamizh thaai vaazhthu, Congrats ARR, He will do a wonderful job.

adhannaley enna?
They have several professionals IR, vidhyasagar, yuvan shankar raja ,karthick raja etc..to choose, they choose to work with Rahman. Simple.

Ir kittadhaan kudukkanumnnu yerukka?

I don't see anything wrong in it.
It is not a snub to IR.

"He has enough money now that if he is truly a musician, he shouldn't wait for sponsor to do music"

Even if he has lots of money, he can always try to get/wait/look for producers like any other professional. Working with high profile artists is an added advantage, they may bring producers to the table too. It makes the job easier.

baroque
13th January 2010, 02:44 PM
yeah... Shankarabaranam has its own bhaavam.
Omkara nadhanu
I check with some other compositions in that rag in that jadhi tomorrow morning.
thanks,
Vinatha. :)

Punnaimaran
13th January 2010, 05:10 PM
அனைவருக்கும் இனிய பொங்கல் நல்வாழ்த்துக்கள்

rajasaranam
13th January 2010, 06:02 PM
That's nice Rahman is doing the new Thamizh thaai vaazhthu, Congrats ARR, He will do a wonderful job.

I doubt it. This kind of work needs a profound understanding of Tamil - the language & Tamil - the culture. Once he butchered 'Thirukural' in his connexions album. Atleast Let Manonmaniyam rest in peace :)

rajasaranam
13th January 2010, 06:09 PM

மற்றும் தமிழ் புத்தான்டு வாழ்த்துக்கள்!

Punnaimaran
13th January 2010, 06:10 PM

தமிழ் புத்தான்டு வாழ்த்துக்கள்!

ஆம். மறந்துவிட்டேன். :oops:

app_engine
13th January 2010, 08:39 PM
rs,
It's not going to be manOn maNeeyam but "mu-kA maNeeyam" :-(

Also, the fellow who decides what should be played in TN as ThamizhththAi vAzhththu is Kalanidhi Maran
:shock:

(I've posted a link about this in the "funny things in politics" thread in the current affairs forum)

ARR is definitely a good choice (the next best after IR) and can inspire the song into the minds of youngsters even better as of today!

OTOH, mu-kA shouldn't indulge in rewriting this. Absolute nonsense, IMSO!

The way things are going, looks like very soon it will be "TN = Sun TV" - absolutely undesirable!

jaiganes
13th January 2010, 08:59 PM
rs,
It's not going to be manOn maNeeyam but "mu-kA maNeeyam" :-(

Also, the fellow who decides what should be played in TN as ThamizhththAi vAzhththu is Kalanidhi Maran
:shock:

(I've posted a link about this in the "funny things in politics" thread in the current affairs forum)

ARR is definitely a good choice (the next best after IR) and can inspire the song into the minds of youngsters even better as of today!

OTOH, mu-kA shouldn't indulge in rewriting this. Absolute nonsense, IMSO!

The way things are going, looks like very soon it will be "TN = Sun TV" - absolutely undesirable!

Politics apart - I always hated the tune. Some one should have changed it long back.
Glad it is getting its facelift now. Would have been very very happy if it was IR, Still happy that Rahman is doing as long as he does not bring in Blaze and thousand other monkeys.

app_engine
13th January 2010, 09:30 PM
jaiganesh,

As I said earlier, it's not the original song that's getting a facelift ( and personally, I love the MSV / TMS / PS / Chorus version - superb / touching and would prefer to have it let alone).

This is a new song - penned by mu-kA, composed by ARR & Shankar is supposed to do something (visual version / stage version for chemmozhi mAnAdu etc). While there's no question about ARR & Shankar being best in their respective roles, I very strongly feel mukA is not the top one in the poet role.

இந்த தாத்தா- மாமா- பேரன் - மகன் இத்யாதி ஈக்வேஷன்கள் எரிச்சலூட்டுபவை! Why, if they don't want classical literature but some contemporary poem, they can still go to the tons of specialist poets active in the field - even their own fav VM is around, isn't it?

தமிழ்நாட்டில் என்ன முடியாட்சியா நடக்கிறது? அப்படியென்றாலும், மன்னர் தாம் கவிதை எழுத வேண்டும் எனப்பேரன் கட்டளை இடுவது வேடிக்கை தான் :-)

eagle
13th January 2010, 09:39 PM
I find app_engine's observation amusing... if you are ok with ARR and Shankar whats wrong with MK writing lyrics...... he wrote many poems not all of them can be called great of course... but he is not some novice either...

app_engine
13th January 2010, 09:47 PM
eagle,
Personally I'm not in favor of the whole idea. I love the existing vAzhththu.

If the gov has a lot of money to spend on something like this, and they are insisting upon the best in the biz (no MR, no IR it seems only ARR / Shankar), then why should it be mu-kA?

I'm only going by the "sun-tv, kalAnidhi logikku". Even by their own logic, mu-kA is a comical choice :-)

app_engine
13th January 2010, 09:50 PM
My last post on this digression -

I know well about mu-kA's prose writing capabilities. Read his kuRaLOvium etc. Decent skills!

Also, he is one of the best orators, no question there. I don't know about current situation, but at one point of time, he was the top! Personally watched and was amazed during school days!

But, kavidhai? Songs? Absolutely no great track record, sir! Don't dig around some sponsored publications and list how many books he has printed etc - nothing ever had a wide reach or acclaim!

(p.s. I'm wondering whether there'll be some younger xyz-nidhi performing nAttiyam in the visuals)

Sureshs65
13th January 2010, 10:03 PM
/Dig

app_eng,

It proves that if you want to have everything your way, you need a lot of 'nidhi' :lol:

/End Dig

jaiganes
13th January 2010, 10:06 PM
thamizh puthaandu naalaye maathiyaachu - apram enna kedakku. mathhiyose dhaan.

though i say this, I am personally proud what Karunanidhi and Jaya have done with the healthcare and the track record of bringing the IMR (Infant Mortality Rate) is a great achievment and a definite pointer to rising standards of living in thamizh naadu.

baroque
13th January 2010, 11:47 PM
suvasthi suvasthu sumugoortham
sumangalibava manavaatti..... couldn't get the BHIMPALASI out my head :musicsmile:
( Rahman, please note Rajasaranam's concerns, rock it catchy) :)

HAPPY PONGAL!
vinatha. :musicsmile:

jaiganes
14th January 2010, 03:35 AM
suvasthi suvasthu sumugoortham
sumangalibava manavaatti..... couldn't get the BHIMPALASI out my head :musicsmile:
( Rahman, please note Rajasaranam's concerns, rock it catchy) :)

HAPPY PONGAL!
vinatha. :musicsmile:
Rasasaranam solli dhaan Rahman compose panna poraara enna?
illai Avarai neenga inga kootiyaandheengala?
ellaam vidhippadi dhaan nadakkum.

baroque
14th January 2010, 04:18 AM
விதி is shining bright. :redjump:
Thamizh Thaai Vaazhththu... is in safe hands of A.R.Rahman.
He understands his responsibility, it goes down in history.
Now, let me grab Loving RAHMAN'S TRIBUTE TO THE NATION - soul stirring musicals... hit the freeway for swim class.

jaiganes
14th January 2010, 05:11 AM
விதி is shining bright. :redjump:
Thamizh Thaai Vaazhththu... is in safe hands of A.R.Rahman.
He understands his responsibility, it goes down in history.
Now, let me grab Loving RAHMAN'S TRIBUTE TO THE NATION - soul stirring musicals... hit the freeway for swim class.

saringkka. neeenga idhai appadiye poi ARR threadla podungo...

baroque
14th January 2010, 06:51 AM
nice you agreed .

Definitely...
while some of us look forward to the music video with enthusiasm/mixed emotions let this thread get back to ilayaraaja.

vinatha.

njv
15th January 2010, 08:38 AM
Even if he has lots of money, he can always try to get/wait/look for producers like any other professional. Working with high profile artists is an added advantage, they may bring producers to the table too. It makes the job easier.

This is where IR is stuck. If IR want to leave a name behind him for years to come (like Thiruvalluvar, Bharathiyar, Raja Raja Chozan, Kattabomman etc), he shd let start writing down his composition, specially when it "flows thru".

May be he is.

baroque
15th January 2010, 09:06 AM
He is already in the history of Indian Cinema music.

may be :)

May be he writes and saves the scores .

If he has some unknown compositions with him already (not used in films/private album, bgms etc..), he releases them, it will be AWESOME too. (Producing with his money, others money, leave it with him. நம்ப அதெல்லாம் சொல்லக்கூடாது ) :)

Remember Late Madhan mohan's Tere Bagair (15 unrelased songs)-Yash Raj films.

vinatha.

Plum
15th January 2010, 11:00 AM
Vinath, madan mohan's son heads hmv's content group. That's how mm, notwithstanding his huge talent, got leverage. Indha ulagathula talent is one of several factors dhan. Unless yateeshwar grows into a music distribution moghul, I don't see that happening ;-)
Vidunga

baroque
15th January 2010, 11:09 AM
Hope for the best!

rajasaranam
15th January 2010, 12:54 PM
One more Interesting Ad of 'Thaandavakone' (http://www.dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/1412010/fe_1401_mn_34_cnil.jpg). No News on Audio :|

raja_fan
16th January 2010, 01:21 PM
Evolution theory in Thiruvasagam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsN-CCcBE9A

Shankar
16th January 2010, 04:43 PM
baroque,

Firstly, Balamurali sharing same platform with rapper Suresh Peters was unthinkable.

The song as such, in Shankarabharanam, has so much western classical touch to it, probably in the tune or in the treatment given in this clip. Shankarabharanam exists in WCM as Harmonic Diatonic scale -- C Major (according to a page in internet)

When the flute plays, we can hear a harmony behind the flute, probably chorus and i was following that tune. the melody, though in shankarabharanam, sounded WCM to be, when it got into background, a layer of harmony.

And the way Balamurali finishes it,i could feel that he was singing some symphony piece for us, as if to demonstrate.

Overall, dont you think there was some difference in the presentation of this Shankarabharanam and other more traditionally sounding shankarabharanams. And that, with rap thrown in :)

Raagas,
Any major scale (which goes like tone-tone-semitone-tone-tone-tone-semitone) probably can be classified as shankarabaraNam I guess...It's not just C major. Does shankarabaranam follow :sa, re, ga#, ma, pa, dhA#, ni#) ??

Plum
17th January 2010, 10:34 PM
SPB shares an interesting anecdote (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C72O0s4RjsU&feature=related)
1. Raja scored for many GKV songs when he was the latter's assistant. This was a contentious issue in tfmpage a few years back
2. Another occasion where a famous female singer once went out of shruti and blamed Raja who was playing the guitar instead. Apparently, Raja stood up and played it again, and asked her to point out where he had gone wrong, with the MD eventually pleading with him to accept the singer's accusation just for the sake of getting ther ecording going to which IR is said to have replied "I didnt make any mistake, sir why should I accept? If you want, I will stop playing and leave".
3. When returning from katcheris, if he gets 10 rs, he used to buy bun and tea for 2 rs and buy scoresheets and music books for the rest 8!

equanimus
17th January 2010, 11:46 PM
SPB shares an interesting anecdote (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C72O0s4RjsU&feature=related)
Wow, thanks so much, Plum. ungaL sEvai engaLukkuth thEvai.

app_engine
18th January 2010, 08:43 PM
Raja attends another public meeting - the launch of 'kulasekaran & koolippadai'. And the reports repeat the term "who rarely attends such functions".

It appears the other way around nowadays - he seems to attend every one of such functions.

Everything is a "turn-off" for this movie (dhanam director, Satyaraj / Prakashraj / unknown hero, lacklustre actresses etc).

எண்ணக்கணக்குக்கு ஒண்ணு கூடும் - அம்புட்டுத்தேன் :-(

Sureshs65
18th January 2010, 09:53 PM
app_eng,

What a combination, sirjee!! I did not know that the director was the same one who did Dhanam. I thought he would by now have been driven out of town but strange are the ways of filmdom. What sort of inspiration will Raja get from this guy? God only knows.

As you observed, Raja seems to have got some new PR guy :) He is there at many places.

K
19th January 2010, 04:00 AM
http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2010/January/180110.asp

Enna thala enna aachu ungalukku?

K
19th January 2010, 07:19 AM
http://solvanam.com/?p=5490

some interesting info about Film Music

Bala (Karthik)
19th January 2010, 12:14 PM
Second this!
On the GKV-point: Confirms what i heard from a friend. So much work was delegated by the composer to Raaja that he ends up doing most of the composing.

thumburu
19th January 2010, 12:30 PM
Second this!
On the GKV-point: Confirms what i heard from a friend. So much work was delegated by the composer to Raaja that he ends up doing most of the composing.

sh!!!!!!!! Mooch !!! Bala , satham podapdaadhu. Apram pre IR MD'skku yellam kodai pidikkum OISG, Vengayam, SriramLakshman jambavangaLukku kobam vandhu "dhool" keLapuvaa

equanimus
19th January 2010, 01:14 PM
And I thought the Telugu song that SPB referred to (even if they played only a bit of it) was just lovely! indhap pAttellAm enga pOyi thEdaRadhu?

Plum
19th January 2010, 05:34 PM
equa, You mean "ravi varmakE andhani okE oka andhAnivO"? I think it has a tamil version - rendu nALA mandaiya kasakkinaalum gnabagam varalai.
Mr Sikkan 65-ku theriyumAnnu kEttu pArkaNum...
(Suresh, no offence!)

Plum
19th January 2010, 05:36 PM
I think MS(of old tfmpage not the NT fan) hosted a set of SPB songs somewhere. Either that or he recorded them in his voice. adhula irukkaNum. nInga dhAn internet vasthaadAchE. epdiyAvadhu google search paNNi kandu pidichuduvInga!

Plum
19th January 2010, 05:39 PM
Second this!

sh!!!!!!!! Mooch !!! Bala , satham podapdaadhu. Apram pre IR MD'skku yellam kodai pidikkum OISG, Vengayam, SriramLakshman jambavangaLukku kobam vandhu "dhool" keLapuvaa

I guess we had this discussion during their tenure in TFMpage. The consensus was that it was a canard that Raja scored for GKV. In particular, KJY is said to have confirmed that it was GKV who scored thEN sindhudhAe vAnam, rather than IR as the popular belief is. That was the clincher based on which a "hence, proved" was stamped on "IR did not ghost compose for GKV". Now, SPB has reopened the debate. I guess his words should carry some weight as all of them are known to be SPB-ers rather than KJY-ers :-)

app_engine
19th January 2010, 06:51 PM
In particular, KJY is said to have confirmed that it was GKV who scored thEN sindhudhAe vAnam

பயங்கரமா உதைக்குதே, யேசுதாஸுக்கும் அந்தப்பாட்டுக்கும் என்ன சம்பந்தம்? அந்தப்படத்துலயே அவர் பாடலயே?

The song 'தஞ்சாவூரு சீமையிலே' from the same movie was a roaring folk number (sung by the GKV-IR fav lady, SJ) and was my favourite along with thEn sindhudhE during the pre-IR days, days when nobody seriously talked about who is the MD etc. It was regularly played in our school before certain functions.

I think both have some truth in it - that IR learnt a lot of techniques working with GKV and GKV got some inputs from this born-genius. Still, despite claims / counter-claims, even if that comes from SPB, I'm not going to subscribe to discrediting GKV.
இதெல்லாம் GKV இருந்தப்போ பாலு சொல்லியிருந்தால் பரவாயில்லை. தற்போது நம்புவதற்கில்லை :-(

If SPB makes another loose comment about some IR song where an assistant had a sumaal input (e.g. punnagai mannan), are we going to make a judgement that so many of IR's works were by assistants?

Bala (Karthik)
19th January 2010, 08:15 PM
"So much work was delegated by the composer to Raaja that he ends up doing most of the composing" (in those songs where the delegation is more)

Bala (Karthik)
19th January 2010, 08:19 PM
இதெல்லாம் GKV இருந்தப்போ பாலு சொல்லியிருந்தால் பரவாயில்லை. தற்போது நம்புவதற்கில்லை :-(

Avar munna sonnadhu ellame namakku theriya varanumnu avasiyam illaye

If SPB makes another loose comment about some IR song where an assistant had a sumaal input (e.g. punnagai mannan), are we going to make a judgement that so many of IR's works were by assistants?
How can we say for sure what the magnitude or kind of input was?
Also, there is a difference between playing an instrument and arranging, composing etc illaya?

app_engine
19th January 2010, 08:28 PM
I agree Bala (to both).

Actually there's a strong case for a song from aduthAththu Albert (GKV Kannada song mysooru malligE used as munooru milliyE by IR here). Having worked with GKV for more than 100 movies, it's very possible IR had a lot of inputs.

Still, I somehow feel uncomfortable questioning / discussing the credentials of someone dead - and not in a position to defend himself.

Raja himself told in varalAtru suvadugaL that because his input was once made fun of, he was determined not to suggest anymore during GKV's sessions and reserved them for later (i.e. if and when he gets a chance). And he had decent regards for GKV always (MTK one example, also IR supposedly played some "benefit match" for GKV etc).

I think if IR is not complaining of getting a raw deal from some mudhalALi, there's not a case to discuss :-)

Sureshs65
19th January 2010, 10:22 PM
Plum,

No offense taken :D I am not sure if equa is talking about 'ravivarmake' song or the 'raasanu premaleka' song. And if I remember reading it right, it was PBS who is supposed to have said that GKV was the one who composed it.

I would agree with app_eng that it is not very correct to talk about it now. I guess even Raja may not want the talk. I was surprised that SPB made that statement. Whatever his intent, it does discredit GKV. And 'ravivarmake' is a well loved song in Telugu and Kannada. (I don't know that a Tamil version exists !!) While SPB may think he is correcting some historical wrongs, it doesn't come out that way. I am not saying there is no truth in what he is saying but just that he shouldn't be saying it now.

These have always been contentious matters earlier as well. I vaguely remember reading or hearing about some Subbiah Naidu song actually being composed by MSV-TVR. In Hindi, the songs of R D Burman which came under the name of S D Burman has been debated to death. I have read articles which suggested that 'hum bekhudi mein' from Kaala Pani was actually composed by Jaidev, who was working as S D Burman's assistant at that time. These are all documented in print media earlier and hence I quote here.

Once again I have to say I agree with app_eng and let us respect the memory of GKV. Hope Balu doesn't make such statements in a program which is widely watched.

equanimus
19th January 2010, 11:57 PM
I am not sure if equa is talking about 'ravivarmake' song or the 'raasanu premaleka' song.
The latter. The melody was just lovely and I thought the rhythm and the arrangements were striking(ly Raaja-esque).

jaiganes
20th January 2010, 12:58 AM
megangale ingu vaarungalen also is under GKV baton - but the signature is typical IR which he explored so beautifully in Thangaaliyalli ...

kiru
20th January 2010, 07:59 AM
This is probably not related to GKV, but I positively remember IR saying in program/interview that lot of work was being done by assistants and the MDs were taking the credit. He did not want to do the same so he never had assistants. In one TV interview a mridhangham artist mentioned that IR wrote every syllable of a mridhangam prelude of a good song (I think it is ennuLLE ennuLLE pala minnal ezhum nEram). Uttam Singh and Puru do well-defined roles of an 'arranger' meaning they only work with the notes given by IR. Apparently per GA in the telugu TV program these notes are still around today and GA uses it for his stage programs.
IR is very much into originality and proper crediting. He even mentioned that he sang/played MSV's songs in streets and got the applause. But it was bothering him because the credit should go to MSV, so that is one of the reasons he wanted to compose by himself.

thumburu
20th January 2010, 12:25 PM
Idhukku dhaan periyavaa nadhimoolam, rishimoolam ellam romba paaka koodaadhumbaa. Still, having heard few GKV films after Raja started reigning, the IRness was distinctly missing , Example : That GKV song "onnu rendu moonu" in multi MDed "kannil theriyum kadhaigaL" where IR also did "naanoru ponnoviyam kanden". Reg "then sindhudhe", the arrangement , tune etc is clearly IRish and IR employed similar techniques for "oru vaanavil pole". SPB Charan mentioned in a TV show that the guitar for the old SPB song under GKV, "thoduvadhenna thendralo malargaLo" was strummed by none other than IR. In this case it could have been entirely GKV's work with IR just playing a guitarist part. Yellame oru heshyam dhaan. Anyways, I loved GKV's songs when IR was assisting him in some capacity or other. "Raja paarunga raajavai paarunga" , "idhu viLakketrum neram" [SJ solo] and some obscure 70's gems like these were precursors to that phenomenon which couldn't be concealed for long

ramk1
20th January 2010, 05:35 PM
On the same topic, you could also include 'Pen Jenmam' songs. I have always wondered how could the song 'Janakan Ponmane' have the stamps of IR. The tune is IRish but not the orchestration. In a similar fashion, the song, 'Malliai poovil indru' also has IR stamp on it.
Yes, as Thumburu pointed out, it was a phenomenon which couldnt be concealed for long.

crvenky
21st January 2010, 12:56 PM
Few words on IR:

http://www.thinnai.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=21001082&format=html

தமிழ்சினிமாவின் கடந்த முப்பதாண்டுகளில் நிகழ்ந்த ஒரே அற்புதம் இளையராஜா மட்டுமே. தமிழ்நாட்டில் பிறக்கும் அதீத திறமைசாலிகளுக்கு நிகழ்வதுதான் அவருக்கும் நடந்தது. தமிழர்கள் அவரின் முக்கியத்துவத்தை உணர்ந்தார்களுமில்லை; அவருக்கு உரிய மரியாதையை அளித்தார்களுமில்லை. தமிழ்நாட்டில் போலிகளுக்கே முதலிடம் என்ற எழுதப்படாத சட்டத்தின்படி இளையராஜா பின்னுக்குத் தள்ளப்பட்டிருக்கிறார். தன் இசையால் இரு தலைமுறைகளைக் கட்டிப்போட்ட அவருக்கே அந்தக் கதியென்றால்....அவரை முழுமையாக உணர்ந்தவர்கள் மலையாளிகள் மட்டும்தான். கொஞ்சம் அசந்தால் அவரை கேரளாவிற்குக் கடத்திக் கொண்டு போய்விடவும் தயங்கமாட்டர்கள். எச்சரிக்கை.

சமீப காலங்களில் இளையராஜா சிறிது விரக்தியிலிருக்கிறாரோ என எண்ணத் தோன்றுகிறது. அதிலும் ஒரு மேடையும், மைக்கும் கைக்குக் கிடைத்தால் அவர் செய்யும் சேட்டைகள் ரசிக்கத் தக்கனவாக இல்லை. சமீபத்திய உதாரணம், பழசி ராஜா வெளியீட்டு விழா. தமிழ்நாட்டின் மேடைகள் கோமாளிகளுக்கு உரித்தானவை. கையில் மைக் கிடைத்தவுடன் பிலாக்கணம் பாடவும், ஒப்பாரி வைக்கவும், கண்ணீர் சிந்தி கழுத்தறுக்கவும்....இன்னபிறவுக்கும் கோமாளிகளால் உபயோகப்படுத்தப்படுவை. 'இளையராஜா'விற்கு அது தகுதியானதில்லை என யாரேனும் அவருக்கு எடுத்துச் சொன்னால் நல்லது. இத்தனை கால கடின உழைப்பிற்குப் பின் சொல்லிழுக்குப் பட்டு சோகாக்க வேண்டியதன் அவசியம்தான் என்ன?

crvenky
21st January 2010, 01:49 PM
One more article:

http://www.thinnai.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=20910152&format=html

எல்லையை தாண்டிய சாதனையாளர்கள்:

இந்த விசயத்திற்கு சரியான உதாரணம் சொல்ல வேண்டுமானால் தமிழகத்தின் இரண்டு முக்கிய நபர்களை பற்றி சொல்லலாம். ஒருவர் எ.ஆர்.ரகுமான் இன்னொருவர் இளையராஜா. ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமான் தமிழகத்தில் பிரபலமடைந்த பிறகு இது நமக்கு போதும் என நினைக்கவில்லை தொடர்ந்து முயன்று இந்தியா முழுவதும் பிரபலமானார். இதுவரை கிடைத்த மரியாதை, மற்றும் புகழை நினைத்து தன்னுடைய தேடலை நிறுத்திக்கொள்ள வில்லை வேறு வேறு மொழிகள் வேறு வேறு நாடுகள் என அவரது தேடல் இன்று வரை தொடர்கிறது. அவரது தேடலின் ஒரு பகுதிதான் ஆஸ்கார் விருது, அது முடிவல்ல.

தமிழகத்தில் எ.ஆர்.ரகுமான் பிரபலமடைந்ததன் மூலமாக அவர் செல்லும் இடங்களில் எல்லாம் தமிழகத்தில் கிடைத்த அதே மதிப்பும், மரியாதையும் தொடர்ந்திருக்கும் என நினைக்கிறீர்களா நிச்சயமாக அப்படி இருந்திருக்காது, எ.ஆர்.ரகுமான் செல்லும் இடங்களில் அவரைப்பற்றிய அறிமுகம் தேவைப்பட்டிருக்காதே ஒழிய, அவர் செல்லும் ஒவ்வொரு இடத்திலும் அங்குள்ளவர்களின் எதிர்பார்பிற்க்கு ஏற்ப தன்னுடைய திறமையை நிருபிக்க வேண்டிய கட்டாயம் அவருக்கு உண்டு. அப்படி ஒவ்வொரு இடத்திலும் தன்னுடைய திறமையை நிருபித்தே அங்கிகாரம் பெற்றுள்ளார்.

இன்னொருவர் இளையராஜா, தான் சார்ந்துள்ள துறையில் ஒரு மாற்றத்தை, ஒரு புதிய உத்வேகத்தை, ஒரு மறுமலர்ச்சியை ஏற்படுத்தியவர். அவரது திறமையில் யாருக்கும் சந்தேகமில்லை. அனைவராலும் அவரது திறமை மதிக்கப்பட்டு மிக உயரத்திற்கு சென்றவர். அவரால் எல்லாமே முடியும், ஆனால் எல்லாமே செய்தாரா! என்றால் இல்லை என்றுதான் பதில்வரும். அவரது திறமைக்கு மதிப்பளித்த மக்கள் அவரை மிக உயரத்திற்கு கொண்டு சென்று மிகுந்த மரியாதையை உணரச்செய்தார்கள். இளையராஜா அவர்கள் தன்னுடைய திறமை முழுவதையும் தன்னைச்சுற்றியுள்ள மக்களிடம் மட்டுமே காட்டிக்கொண்டிருந்தாரே தவிர எ.ஆர்.ரகுமான் செய்தது போல அவர் அந்த உயரத்தில் இருந்து இறங்கி வரவே இல்லை. எ.ஆர்.ரகுமான் செய்ததுபோல பல இடங்களுக்கு சென்று தன்னுடைய திறமையை இளையராஜா நிருப்பித்திருந்தாரானால் எப்போதோ ஆஸ்கார் வாங்கியிருக்க வாய்ப்புண்டு. அதற்காக ஆஸ்கார் வாங்கினால்தான் திறமைசாலி என்று அர்த்தமில்லை ஆனால் அவர் அதை செய்திருந்தால் தன்னுடைய திறமையை பல இடங்களில் பறைசாற்றி இருந்தால் அவரின் திறமையின் உண்மையான மதிப்பை உணர்ந்து ஆச்சரியப்பட்டிருப்பர்கள். ஆனால் அவர் அப்படிச் செய்யவில்லை தமிழ் நாட்டில் மட்டும் ராஜாவாக இருந்தால் போது என்று எண்ணிவிட்டார் போல் உள்ளது. இவரைப்போல பல திறமைசாலிகளைப் பற்றி சொல்லிக் கொண்டே போகலாம்.

jaiganes
21st January 2010, 04:55 PM
I want to know one thing. whoever writes this articles - are they some kind of achievers in all india alaguraja style? Always comparing ppl and attributing the relative success/failure to mmindsets and shortcomings in artistes which is purely fictional and judgemental - I am getting tired of this shite in the net.

raja_fan
21st January 2010, 05:40 PM
jaiganes,

Blog sites are just for express what you feel..just like how you will talk to your friends..so this is not wrong or so serious..

jaiganes
21st January 2010, 05:43 PM
jaiganes,

Blog sites are just for express what you feel..just like how you will talk to your friends..so this is not wrong or so serious..

allo - the above posts are from thinnai - not a blog site..

even if we grant that freedom to say anything and analyse everything, I guess I have the preedom to criticise it.

Sanjeevi
21st January 2010, 06:08 PM
[tscii:0cf680fe81]

”பாட்டைக் கேட்டிருவோமா” என்றார். ஒலிப்பதிவு அறைக்குச் சென்றோம். பாடல்கள் முழுமைபெற்றிருந்தன. படித்துறையில் நானும் ஒருபாடல் எழுதியிருந்தேன். ஆனால் அது பதிவாகவில்லை, அந்தக் கதைச்சந்தர்ப்பம் படத்தில் இல்லை. நாஞ்சில்நாடனும் எஸ்.ராமகிருஷ்ணனும் எழுதிய பாடல்களைக் கேட்டேன். மிக நுட்பமான இசைக்கோலங்கள். என் எளிமையான ரசனைக்கு அதில் உள்ள ‘என்னை வளைச்சு பிடிச்சு..” என்ற பாடல் மனதைக் கொள்ளைகொள்வதாக இருந்தது. அதன் அற்புதமான நேர்த்தியும் ஒழுங்கும். அந்தப்பாடலைக் கேட்ட அக்கணம் முதல் இப்போது வரை அதுவே என்னுள் அறுபடாமல் ஓடிக்கொண்டிருக்கிறது. என் எளிமையான பார்வையில் சந்தேகமில்லாமல் ராஜாவின் மிகச்சிறந்த பாடல்களில் ஒன்று அது. படத்துக்கே அது முக அடையாளமாக ஆகக்கூடும். பழனிபாரதி எழுதியது.

More here

http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=6313

அனல்காற்று - did not an advt come for a film from BM?

[/tscii:0cf680fe81]

rajasaranam
21st January 2010, 06:41 PM
அனல்காற்று - did not an advt come for a film from BM?

The film got dropped for whatsoever reason :(

Sureshs65
21st January 2010, 09:57 PM
Sanjeevi,

Thanks for the link. Gives a glimpse of the real Raja (away from the mike :) ) Jeyamohan mentions that Raja used to sing the songs of other music directors that he loves in his own voice and also provide an alternate tune for the same songs. Sigh. Wish we could be a 'balli' on the wall during such times!!!

eagle
22nd January 2010, 12:02 AM
I want to know one thing. whoever writes this articles - are they some kind of achievers in all india alaguraja style? Always comparing ppl and attributing the relative success/failure to mmindsets and shortcomings in artistes which is purely fictional and judgemental - I am getting tired of this shite in the net.

True... no stuff in them.. our forum had better insights sometimes... the problem is with us the moment we see IR name in some article tempted to publish here without bothering about the quality :(

jaiganes
22nd January 2010, 12:32 AM

True... no stuff in them.. our forum had better insights sometimes... the problem is with us the moment we see IR name in some article tempted to publish here without bothering about the quality :(
True.
thats how much of the paeththals of 'self proclaimed' popular writers made their way into the hub.

raja_fan
22nd January 2010, 06:44 AM
allo - the above posts are from thinnai - not a blog site..

even if we grant that freedom to say anything and analyse everything, I guess I have the preedom to criticise it.

Allo tension party,
Who said you do not have freedom to criticise it ? I just said nowadays in the blog world, any suppan kuppan can express their feelings..so nothing serious in it..

Sureshs65
22nd January 2010, 09:02 AM
raj_fan,

As jaiganesh pointed out, there would be nothing wrong in it if some 'suppan kuppan' expressed his / her view in their own site. If it comes out at 'thinnai' then it is a different thing. Someone there has to own it up and it cannot be passed as, 'we give our site to suppan kuppans to write kuppai'. Hope you understand that difference.

jaiganes
22nd January 2010, 06:17 PM
sssss abbaa
tensan tensan tensan...

app_engine
23rd January 2010, 02:03 AM
http://chandanaar.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_22.html

Beautiful rebuttal to Shaji :-)

BTW, I noticed that the stupid article by Shaji wasn't translated by Jeyamohan but someone called "mubArak". JeMo, better keep your distance from this "vaLanja vazhi" character!

app_engine
23rd January 2010, 02:14 AM
In a way, characters like Charu are better than the Shaji-kind.

For two reasons :
1. Proclaimed opponent (better than hypocrite / traitor kind)
2. Doesn't have "nice guy" reputation and so people may read him but not take seriously (most read Charu for some kick but hardly agree with his views)

It's very clear that all these people want to get as much hits to their blog as possible, using the iconic name of Raja. That's ok, but the bad part is they're trying to simply shoot at him / rake up a controversy to get these hits, with nothing to contribute to the main topic, namely, meesic :-(

baroque
23rd January 2010, 04:41 AM
I don't waste time reading these kind of articles, blogs etc..!
இவங்கல்லாம் யாரு...? Don't read these kind of articles and encourage them.
Legends like S.P.B, Janu etc... adores IR.
We fans love him.
That's all matter.
ஸ்ரீ.இளையராஜா belongs to the தெய்வீக இசை ஜாதி!
He is the property of music world.
Tamil Nadu is lucky namma oorula avar pirandhaar.

You want KICK, listen to kanden engum poomagal ......
What a composition!
Strings, flute, janu's humming... :musicsmile:
vinatha.

Sureshs65
23rd January 2010, 06:37 AM
Well said Vinatha. Couldn't agree with you more. And you have mentioned a lovely composition. 'Kanden Engum Poo Magal Naatiyam'. Time to listen to that gem. Atleast using my mind voice :)

baroque
23rd January 2010, 09:03 AM
Enjoy Suresh! :musicsmile:
IT'S FRIDAY NIGHT! :D
I totally dig Netflix WATCH INSTANTLY !
I love my ROKU!:redjump:

pulavar
23rd January 2010, 06:49 PM
ஜெயமோகன் தலைவரைப் பற்றி சொல்வது

http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=6313

NormalMan
23rd January 2010, 09:26 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/53812.html

hmmm .... was hoping NK would win the best MD

Fliflo
23rd January 2010, 10:02 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/01/this-award-belongs-balu-mahendra.html

நான் கடவுள் படத்துக்காக இசைஞானி இளையராஜா, ஆர்யா, பூஜா ஆகியோருக்கும் நிச்சயம் விருதுகள் கிடைக்கும் என பெரிதும் எதிர்பார்த்திருந்தேன். ஆனால் அவர்களுக்குக் கிடைக்காதது எனக்கு பெரும் ஏமாற்றமாக உள்ளது.

விருதுகளைக் குறி வைத்து நான் படங்களை இயக்குவதில்லை. விருதுகள் கிடைத்தால் சந்தோஷப்படுவேன். கிடைக்காவிட்டால் வருத்தப்பட மாட்டேன் என்றார் பாலா.

Sanjeevi
23rd January 2010, 10:06 PM
As usual I am disappointed

Raaja is not the NA winner

but ithellam namakku satharanamappa :lol:

Fliflo
23rd January 2010, 10:06 PM
Here is Bala's Interview

http://www.nakkheeran.in/users/frmMoreWebTv.aspx?WTV=461

Sanjeevi
23rd January 2010, 10:32 PM
<thannivandiCharu alert>

Coming soon (http://www.charuonline.com/Jan2010/Elayaraja.html):rotfl3:

இந்தக் கட்டுரை குறித்த சாரு நிவேதிதாவின் எதிர்வினை வரும் திங்கள் அன்று பதிவேற்றம் செய்யப்படும்

Room pottu quarter quartera ulla thalli yOsichu kittu irukkArupA :rotfl:

</thannivandi Charu alert>

Bala (Karthik)
24th January 2010, 01:07 AM
Sanjeevi,
Feder-kum Charu-kum enna sammandham? :confused2:

app_engine
24th January 2010, 05:42 AM
Two happy things in NA : Bala for NK & ShreyA G for some 2 movies :-)

Had kaNNil been there on-screen, that would have been listed under Shreya G as well, IMO.

No big deal that IR didn't get, first time for Bala is more important than that!

(wish Bala stays with IR for next project and does not run away to some "so-called-commercially-viable-fellow")

Sanjeevi
24th January 2010, 02:23 PM
Sanjeevi,
Feder-kum Charu-kum enna sammandham? :confused2:

my bad :x

I have corrected the link in previous page

Saagar
24th January 2010, 06:06 PM
Just heard the songs of Jogwa. Still feel IR must have stood a good chance for Naan Kadavul, if Kannil paarvai, had also been included in the film & conceptualised well.

The songs of Jogwa are all situational - would have blended well with the theme. Only the hariharan song is a romantic, general one.

Saagar
24th January 2010, 06:13 PM
Had a bigger surprise with the Bengali songs of Antaheen that won Shreya Ghosal the award (along with the marathi song). Superb songs - in fact I cannot place it, but a couple of songs had an IR influence - it's like many plcaes it was like a similarity to the IR school. Obviously, I thought, when I realised it was by Shantanu Moitra, the self proclaimed IR fan.
But man, what songs. Give a listen guys.... You'll enjoy it. Melodius stuff!

Sureshs65
24th January 2010, 08:49 PM
Saagar,

Any links to the 'Antaheen' songs? I had a similar feeling as you when I listened to the BGM of the latest Shyam Benagal movie, "Welcome to Sajjanpur". I could discern the Raja influence and was wondering who this is in HFM who scores so decently!!! The mystery was cleared when I saw it was Santanu Moitra who had scored the music. (Shantanu has the influence of both Raja and Salilda and as we know Raja himself has been influenced by Salilda's music.)

Saagar
24th January 2010, 09:24 PM
Suresh,

The link is here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/129338636/d6605c28/Antaheen.html?

It's a single file.

In case u would like to test waters, the first song alone is here - The opening song- This is a superb one:
http://www.4shared.com/file/128563308/73f100df/01Antaheen__Shaan_.html?s=1

Saagar
24th January 2010, 09:28 PM
Suresh,

Your comments about Welcome to Sajjanpur songs is so very correct - I've been able to feel the same in his compositions - The "influence" can be felt, although it's very genuine stuff!

AravindMano
24th January 2010, 09:54 PM
I remember reading somewhere (not sure if its hub) that "Appadi Paakkaradhunna veNaam" from "Ivan" was composed by Karthik Raja. Parthiban was the guest in latest episode of Coffee with Anu and he said it was composed by Raja after trying many other tunes for the same pallavi "appadi paakkaradhunna veNaam".

Saagar
24th January 2010, 10:19 PM
Suresh,

A very small thing, but I remember a portion dildara song
(sajjanpur) striking as "chandu pottu oru chandana pottu"(thevar magan)!

Plum
24th January 2010, 11:03 PM
Youtube Link for Shreya Ghoshal Song froM Antaheen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6M8v5HTm-s)
Quite melodious, has the bangla feel, and ofcourse, Shreya Ghoshal. indha poNNu pAdara ovvoru pAttukkum National Award kodukkaNumnEn!

Sureshs65
24th January 2010, 11:23 PM
Saagar,

Thanks for the link. I listened to a couple of songs. Though his recording and instrumentation is modern, his soul is Salilda basically with influence of Raja. As you rightly said, he has imbibed the music of these masters and has created something which is his own. Good luck to him. (Unfortunately they don't let him give such music in Hindi movies :( For all its success, the music of 3 Idiots is not in the same class as this movie.)

Plum
24th January 2010, 11:25 PM
One more (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvUwDSDNjjM&feature=related)

Sorry for the digression but this chella poNNu of IR deserves several national awards this year - these two songs from Anthaheen, and kaNNil pArvai

After IR, who lost many awards because he crammed several worthies together in one year, this is another talent who is losing out to herself!

Sureshs65
24th January 2010, 11:25 PM
Plum,

We shall ask the govt to let you head the committee next time :) If not Raja, atleast Shreya is guaranteed one more award !!

Plum
25th January 2010, 12:23 AM
Suresh, for 2009 my support goes to kunnathE chitra, now that kannil paarvai is out of reckoning for next year :-)

Sureshs65
25th January 2010, 10:32 AM
தன்னை ஒரு ரமணமஹரிஷி பக்தர் என்று காட்டிக்கொள்ளூம் இசை ஞானிக்கு இன்னும் ஏன் அந்த விவேகம் வளரவில்லை. தலையை முன்டனம் செய்துகொள்வார்.ஒரு மாபெரும் ஆன்மீகவாதியை போல ஒரு மாயத்தை உருவாக்குவார். ஆனால் அவரிடம் ஒரு சாதாரண மனிதனிடம் உள்ள குணாதிசயங்களே உள்ளன.
மற்றவர்களை மதிக்காத ஒரு பிற்பட்ட குணம் ராசாவுக்கு இன்றும் உள்ளதே !

Nobody is above vimarsanam. Including your I.Raja. All great composers have been subjected to critical analysis and IR is no exception to it.

Shifting the discussion from the Raja 4 decades thread to here.

Rangarajan Nambi: What a tatuvam that Raja is not beyond criticism. We all learn so many new things on the forum :lol: The only thing which has stopped me being enlightened is that I did not find anything regarding music in the stanza you quoted. Can you kindly tell all of us as to how your quote relates to music? In case it doesn't, why don't you also open up a blog site and write you views on how an ideal human being should (maybe they should be like Shaji or Charu or someone else like that) and enlighten us as to why Raja is nowhere close to being a good human being. If you want to seriously participate here, do bring in some criticism of music. I will confess that I am more a music lover than a perfect human being. Hence I come here and do not visit Shaji / Bajji sites.

Sureshs65
25th January 2010, 10:35 AM
And Nambi, since seem to have read Shaji's critical analysis, can you point out what in that article was 'critical analysis'. I hope you understand the different 'critical analysis' and just criticizing.

vel
25th January 2010, 10:42 AM
who is the ujjaini who has sung nilavu varum neram from jagamihini? i get 2 results for this from google, as listed below - which one of these sung the song with swetha?

http://pics.livejournal.com/bollywood_club/pic/000093af/s640x480

http://www.goergo.in/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/ujjaini.jpg

Sureshs65
25th January 2010, 10:48 AM
No idea vel. I first thought both looked the same until I read your post carefully.

vel
25th January 2010, 12:36 PM
:) suresh, for today's singers, voice dhaan same'aa irukkum'nnu partha in some cases even looks are same :)

K
25th January 2010, 01:00 PM
http://ilakindriorpayanam.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_25.html
ராஜாவின் பழைய பாடல்களை ஒலி மேம்படுத்துதல் சாத்தியமே என்பதற்க்காக இனையத்தில் கிடைக்கும் சில இலவச மென்பொருட்களை கொண்டு சோதனை முயற்ச்சியாக சில பாடல்களை ஒலி மேம்படுத்தியுள்ளேன்

K
25th January 2010, 04:57 PM
Once again Charu
http://www.charuonline.com/Jan2010/Elayarajacharu.html

Enjoy Makkaley

K
25th January 2010, 04:59 PM
பாவம் யாரு அவருக்கு 2000 ரூபாய் கொடுத்து எழுத சொன்னாங்களோ தெரியல

ajaybaskar
25th January 2010, 05:18 PM
HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS TO MAESTRO ILAIYARAJA FOR WINNING PADMA BHUSHAN AWARD

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

rajasaranam
25th January 2010, 05:35 PM
வேதாளம் மீண்டும் முருங்கை மரம் ஏறிடுச்சு!
http://charuonline.com/Jan2010/Elayarajacharu.html
இந்த ஜந்து இப்ப ரொம்ப துள்ளுதே. அது சைட்ல ஹிட்ஸ் கம்மி ஆயிடுச்சோ
Jeyamohan is couple of place ahead in Alexa Rating Charu is gonna beat him probably, with this post :think:

vel
25th January 2010, 05:42 PM
K,

Only good thing in the latest kuppai from charu is that he agrees that he talks ill of IR as it helps increase traffic to his page. Poor fellow..he is always begging for attention or money (from studios or magazines)..

When it comes to IR topic, the most sickening aspect of people like Charu, Gnani, Shaaji and countless other half-bakeds that blog these days is that they dont want to acknowledge the truth and just stick to those portions of an incident that will suit their purpose. Like Pasupathy cutting out on vital details and stiching a story for his convenience in the film Virumaandi...Examples from charu's latest kuppai (blog post) are as below

a) oru mallu journalist water kaettaraam, IR "idhu yen thanninnu sonnarram" - even an unknown face is treated like God at IR's home -Trust me, i have been there, so i know it first hand on what treatment IR gives to visitors. So what this naarum chaaru has said is crap.

b) pazhassi songs are failures according to this loser - also he says Raaja blamed ONV for the failure. Why is everyone conveniently forgetting the press release where IR openely said that he is deeply hurt that media is criticizing him of putting down ONV - Raaja publicly told that "ONV'ya vimarsikka enakku thagudhi kidaiyaadhu..naan oru saadharana aal." Why does this mananoyali charu, or the self proclaimed society saviour Gnani, or Shaaji dont talk about that?

c) Not only Charu, some journalists who meet IR try to pull controversial words out of his mouth...and they get paid back fittingly well...when the original journalist, S.Anand of outlook asked IR about Bob Marley, he had irritated IR by constantly hinting about social discrimination and about using music as a form of protest - he was trying to remind IR of his humble origins. IR rightly shot back that he was above all such kuppais (here kuppai refers to discriminations and not bob marley) - this is conveniently forgotten by these fellows :)

Fliflo
25th January 2010, 05:52 PM
IR and ARR both win Padma Bhushan!!!

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/art-culture/essays/2010/padma-bhushan-aamir-khan.html

Fliflo
25th January 2010, 05:54 PM
which is reconfirmed here

http://news.rediff.com/report/2010/jan/25/padma-bhushan-for-aamir-padma-shri-for-sehwag.htm

...long standing due comes so silently, finally!

vel
25th January 2010, 05:58 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/01/25-bala-s-new-film-avan-ivan-thatstamil.html - Bala's new film is titled "avan ivan" - Music is Yuvan :roll: ..

raagas
25th January 2010, 06:00 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/01/25-bala-s-new-film-avan-ivan-thatstamil.html - Bala's new film is titled "avan ivan" - Music is Yuvan :roll: ..

Awww!!!! :(

Bala (Karthik)
25th January 2010, 06:04 PM
:clap: :bluejump: :redjump: :yes: :smokesmile:

raagas
25th January 2010, 06:06 PM

http://news.rediff.com/report/2010/jan/25/padma-bhushan-for-aamir-padma-shri-for-sehwag.htm

Flilo...it is my conviction, that IR will not go unrecognized. His body of work or his genius is too huge to be ignored.It might come late.But it will. Awards, as such, do not mean much. It is good to be recognized by the Govt. of a country. It just reassures the artist.

I am glad that IR is being recognized. What IR deserves is another issue altogether and it can be an endless discussion. for now, lets just congratulate the man! :)

rajasaranam
25th January 2010, 06:17 PM
What about MSV?!! :D பத்ம விருதுகள் எல்லாம் கிலோ என்ன விலை கனக்குல தான் குடுக்றாங்க. அவருக்கும் குடுத்து இருந்தா தமிழ்நாட்டு இசை ரசிகர்கள் எல்லாம் சேர்ந்து கூத்து அடிச்சு இருக்கலாம் :happydance: :cheer: :happydance: ஹும்ம்ம்...

tvsankar
25th January 2010, 06:21 PM
What about MSV?!! :D பத்ம விருதுகள் எல்லாம் கிலோ என்ன விலை கனக்குல தான் குடுக்றாங்க. அவருக்கும் குடுத்து இருந்தா தமிழ்நாட்டு இசை ரசிகர்கள் எல்லாம் சேர்ந்து கூத்து அடிச்சு இருக்கலாம் :happydance: :cheer: :happydance: ஹும்ம்ம்...

Yes. very True raajarasigan.

Tamilzh karangalai - North accept pannika ivvalvu kashtam iruku... indha Gloablaisation world la....
very pathetic.......

rajasaranam
25th January 2010, 06:23 PM
பதிவு செய்த பிறகு ஒன்று புரிந்தது. ராஜா இன்னும் களத்தில் இருக்கிறார்! அவரது பிள்ளைகள் உட்பட எத்தனை பேர் வந்தாலும் சாய்க்க முடியாத ஆலமரமாய் இம்மன்னில் வேருன்றீ இருக்கும் அந்த மாமேதையான கலைஞனுக்கு அனேக கோடி நமஸ்காரங்கள்.

rajasaranam
25th January 2010, 06:27 PM

இன்னிக்கு ஏதோ குழப்பத்தில இருக்கீங்க :lol: போய் நல்லதா நாலு ராஜா பாட்டு கேளுங்க. சாரு போல கழிசடை எல்லாம் நெனச்சு மனச ஒழப்பிக்காதீங்க :D

tvsankar
25th January 2010, 06:32 PM

இன்னிக்கு ஏதோ குழப்பத்தில இருக்கீங்க :lol: போய் நல்லதா நாலு ராஜா பாட்டு கேளுங்க. சாரு போல கழிசடை எல்லாம் நெனச்சு மனச ஒழப்பிக்காதீங்க :D

idhu vena nejam dhan RS.

ana - kozhappam manasil ilai - kannil - kannadi pottukanam...... inum potukalai... hehhehehhe

MADDY
25th January 2010, 06:33 PM
wow, Padma Bhushan to IR 8-) .........super :bow:

tvsankar
25th January 2010, 06:35 PM
RS,
ennoda Sankar sonna varthai - IR and blogs thittaradhu patri -

KAAICHA MARATHUKU THAN KALLADI VIZHUM.......

Plum
25th January 2010, 06:41 PM

I reject this belated recognition.
Rahman fans can rejoice at timely recognition but I dont think we should celebrate this belated recognition.

Plum
25th January 2010, 06:42 PM
Once again Charu

Enjoy Makkaley

My office vaazhga! This site is banned! Thank You, my dear Senior Management. You have now added "poor taste" as a reason to ban a site from the office access.

raagas
25th January 2010, 07:19 PM

Rahman fans can rejoice at timely recognition but I dont think we should celebrate this belated recognition.

Plum,

If you see the complete list of some of the past recipients of this honour, you might like to reject the award itself, forget the timeliness or untimeliness of it. These awards have lot of their relevance long back. So no big deal.
There is no point digging into all that, because there is no end to it. We dont have to take these awards seriously. Any awards for that matter. Just a feel good factor that Govt. of India did not forget his contribution.

rajasaranam
25th January 2010, 07:26 PM
wow, Padma Bhushan to IR 8-) .........super :bow:
Mikka Nandri :) I strongly feel MSV too should've got so that there would've been a real 'samooga nallinakkam' :oops:

A.ANAND
25th January 2010, 07:29 PM
VALZHGA PADMA BOOSHAN ILAYARAJA :2thumbsup: :victory: :thumbsup: :notworthy:

rajasaranam
25th January 2010, 07:29 PM
ராஜா-ஷாஜி-சாரு (http://pulikesi.wordpress.com/2010/01/25/%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%9C%E0%AE%BE-%E0%AE%B7%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%9C%E0%AE%BF-%E0%AE%9A%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%81/)

சாரு மூஞ்சில சேறு! (http://pulikesi.wordpress.com/2010/01/25/%E0%AE%9A%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%82%E0%AE%9E%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%9A%E0%A E%BF%E0%AE%B2-%E0%AE%9A%E0%AF%87%E0%AE%B1%E0%AF%81/)

எல்லாம் ஒரு பில்டப்தான். நமக்கு எவ்வளவு ஹிட்ஸ் கிடைக்குது பார்க்கலாம் :P

AravindMano
25th January 2010, 07:36 PM
Its late. Still, I am so :happydance:

Bala film la Raja ilaya? :?

Plum
25th January 2010, 07:38 PM

Plum,

If you see the complete list of some of the past recipients of this honour, you might like to reject the award itself, forget the timeliness or untimeliness of it. These awards have lot of their relevance long back. So no big deal.

There is no point digging into all that, because there is no end to it. We dont have to take these awards seriously. Any awards for that matter. Just a feel good factor that Govt. of India did not forget his contribution.

raagas, I am aware of that. See here (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=5314&start=630) for more of my thoughts on this.

My take is that this is not even a recognition by "Govt of India". It is too huge an entity to be represented by a State government(which usually has merit as only an additional consideration to its politics and personal reasons to recommend) and an amorphous committee, reconstituted every year, and consisting of nameless bureaucrats.

All this makes for a far more random selection than even any usual award.
A recognition for Rahman this year is still relevant because it means that even these "nameless bureaucrats" are well aware of his stature and achievements and it gives cause for some joy.

Bala (Karthik)
25th January 2010, 07:59 PM
Plum,
Ellaam vasthavam dhaan, irundhaalum i wouldn't reject this like a state award comedy!

Plum
25th January 2010, 08:02 PM
Bala, fine, actually I am not taking a practical stand here but a pedantic one. Ofcourse, for the majority, it is just another recognition, and such pedantic differentiation of timeliness, committee composition etc are not going to make sense. Nevertheless, I repeat that A DSP award would make more sense to me at this point - adhuvum modhalla MSV-kku kodukkaNum.

raagas
25th January 2010, 08:02 PM
I completely agree.India, as such, is notorious for recognizing the talent late, if it manages to recognize that is.

These awards have lost their relevance and dignity long back my friend.Look at this year only.. Saif Ali Khan gets Padmasri(With due respects to him, sorry if there are any Saif fans here).Kamal Haasan got Padmasri in 1990, after he essayed a series of different roles (his 80s work had lot of good films) that put him up there.Now, if we strictly view the parity,it means even Saif has reach the level of Kamal in 1990.Doesnt that sound absurd?

The reason why ARR was given is simple - he was felicitated by non-Indian entity - 'Academy'.And then Golden Globes. And in response, in his home country, the Govt. wants to play safe by showing/proving that they have recognized him too.And Tamil Film Musicians did it. Tamil Nadu Govt. did it (i think).But Govt. of India (or an entity of jokers on its behalf) did not do it. So they did it. Thats about it. The same theory operates even in the case of Dr. Ramakrishnan. Did the Govt. of India atleast know that a certain Dr Venkataraman Ramakrishnan existed?Suddenly they woke up after his Nobel laureate. So the sincerity quotient of these awards dropped long long ago.

Like i said, we dont need to take it too seriously. We Just congratulate the maestro and move on.

buggle
25th January 2010, 08:04 PM
You guys think IR will go to Delhi to collect the Padmabhushan?
I believe all the 3 National Awards he didn't go in person....

Plum
25th January 2010, 08:04 PM
With due respects to him, sorry if there are any Saif fans here

alAnti thelivi-thakku vALLu ikkadundaru, dhairaymugA cheppandi!

Sureshs65
25th January 2010, 08:08 PM
Plum,

I am with you. Nothing to rejoice as a fan for this rather belated recognition. And very honestly, as RS said, if they had given the same recognition to MSV I would have definitely rejoiced. That man deserves lot of recognition for what he has given us. Unfortunate that the government turns a blind eye. Anyway, let me not crib much since that will mean we value these awards. (And the biggest joke is that even Amir Khan gets a Padma Bhushan!!! ) I will probably be more happy if Raja rejects the award.

Plum
25th January 2010, 08:08 PM
raagas, what I am saying is the award for Rahman makes sense now becuase of his international awards. He is in the limelight now for his talent, and giving him an award now gives a sense of closure.

app_engine
26th January 2010, 08:12 AM
Congrats IR & ARR for the Padmabhushan!

venkkiram
26th January 2010, 08:48 AM
விருதினால் சிலர் புகழடைவார்கள்!
உன்னால் விருதிற்கே பெருமை!
பத்ம பூஷன் இதுவரை வாழ்ந்திருக்கிறது!
இனிதான் இசை பட வாழும்!

baroque
26th January 2010, 09:01 AM
Congrats Shri.IR.
Vinatha. :redjump:

Vivasaayi
26th January 2010, 09:07 AM
Plum,
Ellaam vasthavam dhaan, irundhaalum i wouldn't reject this like a state award comedy!

state awards/natinal awards are better.They dont insult by putting people belonging to different generations and different everything into same package.There just their works get recognised - not as a person.

aamir khan and ilayaraja into same package - enna kaamedy idhu?idhukku kudukamalaye irundhirukalam!

decaan chronicle idiot - ilayaraja,who composed hit songs for amitabh bachan's paa - vera edhume ilayaraja panlaya?velakennainga

let this be a precursor to padma vibooshan and if possible bharat ratna :clap:

MumbaiRamki
26th January 2010, 10:54 AM
Once again Charu

Enjoy Makkaley

My office vaazhga! This site is banned! Thank You, my dear Senior Management. You have now added "poor taste" as a reason to ban a site from the office access.

Charu padma bhushan kudakalam , for blogs with maximum perspective bias :)

Bala (Karthik)
26th January 2010, 10:59 AM
All,
Like i said, the points you've made (and yet to make) are all understood and i'm in complete agreement. However, i feel happy at the end of the day.
Viv, neenga vera, nethu edho oru site la IR pere mention pannaleenga :lol:

Seri, if IR had won the National Award for best MD award for NK, neenga ellarum adha kandukkaama vitruppeengala? I'm sure you wouldn't have ignored it! NA-lanadakkaadha comedy-a? :huh:

Plum
26th January 2010, 11:06 AM
Bala, as I argued for dsp, national award is much less random. As an example, I heard antaheen, this year's winner along with jogwa, joint winner. They have nice, melodious songs - until I see the movie, can't comment on how integral they were to the movie but antaheen especially seemed to be very apt from whatever snatches I got of the movie. Now delhi 6 and naan kadavuL may still be better and more deserving but the winners aren't actually kalhonaho-bad.

As a bonus snippet, to my untrained ears and unscientific mind, antahneen sounded Raja-ish and jogwa rahmanesque - let's take that as a tribute :-)
(Ofcourse moitra of antaheen has raja influence is well known)

Vivasaayi
26th January 2010, 11:10 AM
When it comes to NA,the randomness and comedy and all will not disgrace the artist - because only the particular work of the artist is taken into account.

But Padma awards recognise the work of an artist as a whole and here people should be more careful - placing people at right levels.

Bala (Karthik)
26th January 2010, 11:27 AM
NT didn't get a NA :huh:
Madhur Bandarkar has got, how many awards?
Priyanga has got it for showing matter expressions in motion, chi Fashion. Kangana Runout, your favorite Varanam Ayiram....
And don't tell me there is no comedy at a consistent level every year!
Particular film ku kuduthu kuduthu dhaane nalaikku lifetime ku kuduppainga?

Today's TOI, Bangalore edition (ammoorukku pakkathu ooru nu solraanga). No mention of Raaja's name in the awardee's list! Ippadi onnum pichai madhiri recognition thevai illa nu sonna vasthavam dhaan, but ennamo therila.... I guess i'm more hurt at Raaja not being recognized than i'm at seeing Raaja get a much delayed (and below par) award from a set of jokers.
Unmayaana sanmanam na adhu DSP dhaan but yaarunne theriyadhavarukku andha award kuduppaanga nu nenaikkareenga? Why did Venkatraman get the award now? yenna he got another recognition, from a white man.

Vivasaayi
26th January 2010, 11:38 AM
Unmayaana sanmanam na adhu DSP dhaan but yaarunne theriyadhavarukku andha award kuduppaanga nu nenaikkareenga? Why did Venkatraman get the award now? yenna he got another recognition, from a white man.

DSP is possible if the state government pushes for it.It all depends upon our state gove.I dont think that the jury at the top will be unaware about Raja.

Even now I dont blame central Govt.I think its the state govt which nominates names for the respective awards..isnt it?

rajasaranam
26th January 2010, 11:53 AM
A Reply to Shaji

http://www.musicquencher.com/blog/a-reply-to-shaajis-article-about-ilayaraja/

A Reply to pA.rA.

http://drjvvr.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post.html

rajasaranam
26th January 2010, 12:00 PM
An Appreciation not Recognition (http://www.ptinews.com/news/485166_Padma-award-an-appreciation-not-recognition--Ilaiyaraja)

Music maestro Ilayaraja, who has been selected for the Padma Bhushan award, today described it as an "appreciation" and not a recognition.

"It is not a recognition, but an appreciation. An appreciation to encourage artists to produce more," a smiling Ilayaraja told reporters at his residence.

:notworthy:

The 66-year-old music director, who recently scored music for Amitabh Bachchan starrer 'Paa', refused to comment on fellow music director and double Oscar-winner A R Rahman also being chosen for the honour.

Dont know how this is going to be blown out now :x

When asked whether there was any preference accorded to North Indian professionals while announcing such awards, Ilayarja shot back saying, "ask this question to politicians, not me."

:lol:

On director Bala winning the National award for Best Director for his film "Naan Kadavul" (2008), Ilayaraja, who had scored music for the movie, said not all (directors) can attempt (such a subject).

:notworthy:

Sanjeevi
26th January 2010, 12:23 PM
ராஜா-ஷாஜி-சாரு (http://pulikesi.wordpress.com/2010/01/25/%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%9C%E0%AE%BE-%E0%AE%B7%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%9C%E0%AE%BF-%E0%AE%9A%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%81/)

சாரு மூஞ்சில சேறு! (http://pulikesi.wordpress.com/2010/01/25/%E0%AE%9A%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%82%E0%AE%9E%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%9A%E0%A E%BF%E0%AE%B2-%E0%AE%9A%E0%AF%87%E0%AE%B1%E0%AF%81/)

எல்லாம் ஒரு பில்டப்தான். நமக்கு எவ்வளவு ஹிட்ஸ் கிடைக்குது பார்க்கலாம் :P

:lol:

nadathunga nadathunga

Sanjeevi
26th January 2010, 12:29 PM

Awww!!!! :(

Nandha is not musically close to other Bala+IR films. But as Bala said this movie is not dark movie, a movie to youngsters. Paarkalam

raagas
26th January 2010, 12:45 PM
It all depends upon our state gove.I dont think that the jury at the top will be unaware about Raja.

Even now I dont blame central Govt.I think its the state govt which nominates names for the respective awards..isnt it?

Absolutely. We all understand how govt machinery works. Ever tried getting any work or registration done at a Municipal office? Or any govt. office. Govt. offices (be it even a small ration shop to passport office to just any office) in India are notorious for lazy and slow work. Privatisation has induced some competency and something like a Telephone dept has improved a bit.But generally, we all know how the govt. machinery works. The same applies to even these committees set up for these stuff. Art and Cultural affairs etc. wonder if really do any work at all.If we, at a common man's level, know how govt. machinery works at a local office, then we should also realize that something similar happens even at slightly higher level..say macrolevel.

I agree that if IR did not get recognition earlier, it is because of carelessness of state govt. I dont know if it was politically motivated,since i am not aware of TN politics and the issues of 80s and 90s.thats why i cant say that it is willful, but i think that it is their carelessness/laziness to do their jobs sincerely.

crvenky
26th January 2010, 01:09 PM
JeMo:
http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=6376

ChEru:
http://www.charuonline.com/Jan2010/Elayarajaethirvinai1.html

Sanjeevi
26th January 2010, 01:14 PM
ஆனால் அவரது பாடல்கள் இன்னமும்கூட தமிழ்நாட்டில் முழுமையாக ரசிக்கப்படவில்லை என்பதை அவற்றை கேட்கும்தோறும் உணர்கிறோம். இளையராஜா படங்களுக்கு அமைத்த பின்னணி இசைக்கோர்ப்புகள் அப்படங்களில் இருந்து பிரித்துப் பார்க்கப்பட்டால் தனியான இசை ஆக்கங்களாக முழுமையான அனுபவத்தை அளிக்கக்கூடியவை. அவ்வாரு பார்த்தால் அவரது இசையுலகம் இன்னமும் கண்டுபிடிக்கவே படாத ஒரு புத்துலகம். அதை கேட்டறியும் இசையறிந்த ரசிகர்கள் வந்துகொண்டே இருப்பார்கள். இளையராஜாவுக்கு வாழ்த்துக்களும் வணக்கமும்

Aaha enna oru idugai, JM belongs to us

:clap:

raagas
26th January 2010, 01:24 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14928886

"It is an appreciation, not recognition" - IR

MADDY
26th January 2010, 01:27 PM
I guess i'm more hurt at Raaja not being recognized than i'm at seeing Raaja get a much delayed (and below par) award from a set of jokers.

u have nailed the point.......:thumbsup: it is hurting when our guys dont get recognised than getting recognised late with other bunch of inadequates......IR too stole the words - dont take it as a recognition, take it as a appreciation :thumbsup:

MADDY
26th January 2010, 01:36 PM
[tscii:f25d6c7d27]
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14928886

"It is an appreciation, not recognition" - IR

Since AR Rahman is one of the awardees as well a question about how he felt was posed to the veteran. Responding to it he replied “Why should I feel anything for him? That’s something you should ask him. I feel only for myself."

ouch :lol: ......most probably he meant, how would i measure that feeling on behalf of him, its something his....

On the other hand AR Rahman was more cool and relaxed. “I’ m overwhelmed that I have received the honour at the same time that Raja sir has got it. It is a great personal statement for me . He has played for my father Sekhar and I have played under Raja sir. It is a family thing for me.”

:cool2: [/tscii:f25d6c7d27]

AravindMano
26th January 2010, 02:02 PM
[tscii:5d638eb88d]

Since AR Rahman is one of the awardees as well a question about how he felt was posed to the veteran. Responding to it he replied “Why should I feel anything for him? That’s something you should ask him. I feel only for myself."

:lol: Trust Raaja to puLiya karachchify in everyone's stomach![/tscii:5d638eb88d]

Bala (Karthik)
26th January 2010, 02:25 PM
Actually he'd said virtually the same thing in Hungary recently, fortunately that went relatively unnoticed :lol:

Saagar
26th January 2010, 03:48 PM
The video link to the IR interiew:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/20839.html

Once again an example of how some media sections pick / choose parts for reporting. Seeing the interview, u can completely relate to what IR is saying. The interviewers keep asking out of contect questions & then expect people to put up with anything since they have the power to paint the person black. The lady here first asks, how do you feel about ARR getting recognition. Again she asks - Do you think "South" is not getting recognition? What idiotic questions! Why? Is there no other queston to ask a legendary composer who has just been recognised, when you get a chance to interview him. The whole sessions is for 2.5 minutes. It's not that he's sitting and giving a preprepared relaxed 1 hour interview. Such questions deserve such responses.
Only one guy asks something at least in context / related to IR himself - About the symphony!

Plum
26th January 2010, 04:02 PM
Andha symphony question reporter must be someone from here - either a fan or a vy(therichal)saars tying to needle :lol:

Vivasaayi
26th January 2010, 05:11 PM
Andha symphony question reporter must be someone from here - either a fan or a vy(therichal)saars tying to needle :lol:

just now got the meaning.

tvsankar
26th January 2010, 05:29 PM
Idhu dhan our IR...

Humble aga irupadhu pola NADIKA THEIRYADHU.....
hehehehe....

anegan
26th January 2010, 06:37 PM
ராஜாவுக்கும் ரகுமானுக்கும் ஒரே நேரத்தில் விருது கிடைத்ததை கேட்டு மிகவும் ஆச்சர்யப்பட்டேன்.
மற்றொன்றும் தோன்றியது.

இந்த விருது கிடைக்க இளையராஜாவுக்காக lobby செய்தவர்களுக்கு நன்றி.
ராஜாவுக்கு கிடைத்த விருது இசை தொண்டுக்கு கிடைத்த விருது.
ரகுமானுக்கு கிடைத்த விருது அவர் Oscar வாங்கியதர்க்காக விருது. நான் இங்கே ரகுமானை பற்றி சொல்லவில்லை. இந்த விருது கொடுப்போரின் விளம்பர பிரியத்தை சொல்கிறேன்.

-அநேகன்

mr_karthik
26th January 2010, 06:41 PM

MSV....?????????

யார் அவர்..?. என்ன செய்திருக்கிறார்...?. இசையைப்பற்றி அவருக்கு ஏதாவது தெரியுமா..?. மனதில் நிற்கிற மாதிரி ஏதாவது ஒன்றிரண்டு பாட்டுக்களாவது போட்டிருக்காரா...?.

என்னமோ புதுசு புதுசா யாரைப்பத்தியெல்லாமோ சொல்றீங்க.

tvsankar
26th January 2010, 06:43 PM

MSV....?????????

யார் அவர்..?. என்ன செய்திருக்கிறார்...?. இசையைப்பற்றி அவருக்கு ஏதாவது தெரியுமா..?. மனதில் நிற்கிற மாதிரி ஏதாவது ஒன்றிரண்டு பாட்டுக்களாவது போட்டிருக்காரா...?.

என்னமோ புதுசு புதுசா யாரைப்பத்தியெல்லாமோ சொல்றீங்க.

Apadi ilai karthick,

MSV - Hindi padathuku music seidhu irukanam.
apo dhan avarai theirnju iurkum...

MADDY
26th January 2010, 06:48 PM
yaaru nadikkraanga, yaaru unmaya irukkaanga-nnu janangalakku oru alavu theriyin, namma ellarayum padachha aandavan-kku(not MDs) theriyin :) .....

tvsankar
26th January 2010, 06:50 PM
Certainly Maddy...........

Plum
26th January 2010, 06:51 PM
Vivs, pls remove maddy's name from your post. You sure now know what exactly I meant and maddy's got nothing to do with what I posted

, IR is IR, rahman is rahman. When it comes to humility, ir has his own way and rahman his. We need not argue which approach is better. Just accept them as they are.

MADDY
26th January 2010, 06:53 PM
ரகுமானுக்கு கிடைத்த விருது அவர் Oscar வாங்கியதர்க்காக விருது. நான் இங்கே ரகுமானை பற்றி சொல்லவில்லை. இந்த விருது கொடுப்போரின் விளம்பர பிரியத்தை சொல்கிறேன்.

-அநேகன்

Oscar win might not be a big deal "now" here since thalaivar has won it but it is a big honour for the country and thats how most indians feel and thankfully thats how Govt of India felt.....

im equally happy for IR and ARR winning it at the same time - eppadi paathalum namma aalunga paa :) ......MSV nall-aasi rendu perukkum irukku adhu mukkiya kaaranam indha vetrikku 8-)

mr_karthik
26th January 2010, 06:55 PM
Apadi ilai karthick,

MSV - Hindi padathuku music seidhu irukanam.
apo dhan avarai theirnju iurkum...
அப்படீன்னா கவிஞர் வாலி இந்திப்படத்துக்கு பாட்டு எழுதித்தான் PADHMASHREE பட்டம் வாங்கினாரா?.

ajaybaskar
26th January 2010, 07:04 PM
Vivek endha hindi padathula nadichaaru..?

Vivasaayi
26th January 2010, 07:11 PM
-edited-

irir123
26th January 2010, 07:15 PM

Aamir Khan and Padma Bhushan ??!!

thats ok - considering kulukku nadigai Helen got a Padma Shri

and Nobel laureate Dr.Ramakrishnan is not a citizen of India any more - are Padma awards given to other citizens of Indian origin ?

Vivasaayi
26th January 2010, 07:18 PM
Vivs, pls remove maddy's name from your post. You sure now know what exactly I meant and maddy's got nothing to do with what I posted

, IR is IR, rahman is rahman. When it comes to humility, ir has his own way and rahman his. We need not argue which approach is better. Just accept them as they are.

I removed it long ago - That was in a jest and later realised that it had hard words like vayitherichal and changed it :)

I believe Maddy took it in his own jest and understood the tone implied in it :)

Vivasaayi
26th January 2010, 07:20 PM
IR's reply for symphony :roll:

MADDY
26th January 2010, 07:22 PM
I believe Maddy took it in his own jest and understood the tone implied in it :)

:x :P - i didnt get to read ur comment :lol:

Vivasaayi
26th January 2010, 07:23 PM

ohhh...naan actor MADDY a sonnen..neenga freeya vidunga

MADDY
26th January 2010, 07:29 PM
naan actor MADDY a sonnen..neenga freeya vidunga

prachanna ellam onnu dhaan :lol:

Plum
26th January 2010, 07:36 PM

ohhh...naan actor MADDY a sonnen..neenga freeya vidunga

:-). All's well...

irir123
26th January 2010, 07:40 PM

Once again an example of how some media sections pick / choose parts for reporting. Seeing the interview, u can completely relate to what IR is saying. The interviewers keep asking out of contect questions & then expect people to put up with anything since they have the power to paint the person black. The lady here first asks, how do you feel about ARR getting recognition. Again she asks - Do you think "South" is not getting recognition? What idiotic questions! Why? Is there no other queston to ask a legendary composer who has just been recognised, when you get a chance to interview him. The whole sessions is for 2.5 minutes. It's not that he's sitting and giving a preprepared relaxed 1 hour interview. Such questions deserve such responses.
Only one guy asks something at least in context / related to IR himself - About the symphony!

symphony question and his answer :shaking: "downloading, and because of modern scientific improvement" - kodumai, i can understand piracy, but whats this abt modern scientific improvement - thalai sutthudhu

Plum
26th January 2010, 07:41 PM
To people who wonder why some people who arent connected with Bollywood get it: the reason for that is how the awards work:
Step 1: State Govt nominates your name
Step 2: A bureaucratic committee prunes the list
In Step 2, heavy lobbying by the State govt on behalf o a particular nominee, or lobbying by a member of the committee might help.

My guess is Vivek might have had someone in the committee who likes him (as a fan) or something something case. Ofcourse, the state govt would also hav recommended him.

Coming to MSV, I have a slight doubt that having got both IR and ARR in the list this year, they might have recommended MSV also (namakkE thONudhE, avaingaLukku thONAdhA?)- but maybe for a bigger one like Vibooshan or Ratna. Obviously, the numbers available for the bigger awards are less, and maybe that's where MSV didnt get through the pruning. This is where the committee composition matters - and this is where national recognition matters.

Again, this is nto a "if and only if" statement - just one of the many possibilities - maening that too many random factors are involved in these awards, and it is really futile to try to analyse the logic here :-)

irir123
26th January 2010, 07:44 PM
has SD Burman or Salilda been conferred with any award(s) ?

MADDY
26th January 2010, 08:10 PM
and it is really futile to try to analyse the logic here :-)

so just enjoy the moment :D ........u can do all these introspection for all life time but u cant celebrate IR's win even after a month - this is time for celebration :D

Plum
26th January 2010, 08:18 PM
Maddy, I dont really find the need to celebrate(genuinely, I am not elated or deflated either way). This too shall pass-ngarA maadhiri dhAn feeling irukku. Middle Age reach paNNittEnnu nenaikkarEn :lol:

K
26th January 2010, 08:40 PM
[tscii:49e17f04ac]http://www.envazhi.com/?p=15535
ஒரு ஃபோட்டோ எடுக்கனும்ணே…!’- பத்மபூஷன் இளையராஜா வீட்டில் ஒரு அனுபவம்
[/tscii:49e17f04ac]

K
26th January 2010, 08:42 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/interview/2010/01/26-rahman-pleased-get-the-award-along.html
இளையராஜாவுக்கும், எனக்கும் ஒரே சமயத்தில் பத்மபூஷண் விருது கிடைத்திருப்பது, இரட்டிப்பு சந்தோஷமாக இருக்கிறது

jaiganes
26th January 2010, 09:03 PM
and it is really futile to try to analyse the logic here :-)

so just enjoy the moment :D ........u can do all these introspection for all life time but u cant celebrate IR's win even after a month - this is time for celebration :D

I cant agree more on this.
விருதுக்கி தரம் இருக்கா இல்லையான்னு சந்தேகப்படரத விட, ராசப்புவுக்கும் ரஹ்மானப்புவுக்கும் விருது கொடுத்து பரிகாரம் தேடிக்கொண்டது மத்திய அரசுன்னு நாமளும் திருப்தி பட்டுக்கலாம்.

raja_fan
26th January 2010, 09:15 PM
இசை ஞானிக்கு தாமதமாக கிடைத்த கெளரவம்.
எம்.எஸ்.வி-க்கு இன்னும் கிடைக்க வில்லை, அதுவும் அவரது தள்ளாத வயதில், என்று நினைக்கும் போது கோபம் வருகிறது.

ரஹ்மானுக்கு கிடைத்தது குறித்து கேட்ட கேள்விக்கு இசை ஞானி கொடுத்த பதில் ! "சந்தோஷம்" அல்லது "வாழ்த்துக்கள்" என்று முட்டாள் தனமாக உளறாமல் "அவருக்கு கிடைத்தால் எனக்கென்ன ?" என்று மேதமை பொங்க கூறியிருக்கிறார் பாருங்கள்...அது தான் அவருடைய ஞானம் ! அங்கே தான் சராசரி மனிதரான ரஹ்மானிடம் இருந்து அவர் மாறுபடுகிறார்.

இதே இசை ஞானி, ரஹ்மானின் ஆஸ்கார் பற்றி அன்று இப்படி மேதமையாக பதிலளிக்காமல் ஏன் பாமரத்தனமாக அரை மணி நேரம் பாராட்டி பேசினார் என்று யோசித்தால், நம் முட்டாள் தனத்தின் உச்சமாக தான் அது இருக்கும். அதுவும், கலிஞருக்கு பாராட்டு விழா என்றால் ஓடோடி அங்கு சென்று பாட்டு பாடி வாழ்த்துகிறார்...ஒரு வேளை அரசியல் பயமோ ? என்று நாம் யோசித்தால்...ச்சே..ச்சே..வடிகட்டின முட்டாளுக்கு தான் இப்படி எல்லாம் யோசிக்க தோன்றும்.. :)

AravindMano
26th January 2010, 09:30 PM
[tscii:dca084b2d6]
Ilayaraja, who is in the Padma Bhushan list, was mobbed by fans. He said: “When I came out of the recording studio, the entire street was clogged with people. I am pleased. What is there to say? Silence is my message.”

Idhukku mela yEn avar vaaya poi pidungraanga. Naansens.

The reporter who received two bomb shells (recognition & rahman) reactions are just :rotfl3:

[/tscii:dca084b2d6]

Sureshs65
26th January 2010, 10:26 PM
I belong to the same party that Plum does. There is really no sense of elation. To answer a question that Bala posed earlier, I would have probably been happy had they given a National Award for music for 'Naan Kadavul'. Anyway, no sense in arguing about this. An award has been given and if it makes people happy, then 'all izz well'.

(The only name which I saw and was happy about was Umayalpuram Sivaraman, the mridangam maestro. One, because he deserves it. Second because he was given a Padma Vibhushan which is what he should be given. Third, the timing is also good. If all these have happened in Raja's case maybe we would have felt even more happy.)

raagas
26th January 2010, 10:47 PM
Suresh, Even Nookala China Satyanarayana. I am glad he got national recognition.They deserve true awards because they are the ones who actually promote art(classical music).

MADDY
26th January 2010, 10:54 PM
அங்கே தான் சராசரி மனிதரான ரஹ்மானிடம் இருந்து அவர் மாறுபடுகிறார்.

:lol2:

Sanjeevi
26th January 2010, 11:16 PM
raja_fan

romba kozhappureengalE, ennathan solla varreenga

I can only comment after the video is released. Yaaraiyum namburathukilla

Sureshs65
26th January 2010, 11:17 PM
Maddy,

raja-fan, as is his wont, is being sarcastic about Raja. Though he calls himself raja_fan, he never misses a chance to put down Raja whenever some news article appears about him. So you can rest assured he was not saying anything bad about Rahman, he was saying bad things about Raja in a sarcastic manner. If you read what he posted one more time with this information in the back of your mind, you can clearly see his gameplan.

In short, he has no clue about either Raja or Rahman but his very clear about what he wants to do here!!

Sureshs65
26th January 2010, 11:20 PM
/Digression

raagas,

Missed Nookala's name. I honestly did not read the full list of winners. Saw Umayalpuram Sivaraman's name in Hindu.

Nookala is a well known guru and we should be happy that he has got the award. (BTW, his house was quite near to where we used to stay in Hyd. )

End Digression /

MADDY
26th January 2010, 11:31 PM
Maddy,

raja-fan, as is his wont, is being sarcastic about Raja. Though he calls himself raja_fan, he never misses a chance to put down Raja whenever some news article appears about him. So you can rest assured he was not saying anything bad about Rahman, he was saying bad things about Raja in a sarcastic manner. If you read what he posted one more time with this information in the back of your mind, you can clearly see his gameplan.

In short, he has no clue about either Raja or Rahman but his very clear about what he wants to do here!!

got it :D .....there are so many IDs with Raja and _ here that i get confused with them......from now on - be careful (to myself)

baroque
27th January 2010, 12:14 AM
S.D.Burman, kalyanji Anandhi are awarded with Padmashree.

DADASAHEB PHALKE AWARDS to
Sivaji Ganesan, Lata Mangeshkar got the award like Naushad, Satyajit ray, V.Shantaram etc..

jaiganes
27th January 2010, 12:49 AM
Maddy,

got it :D .....there are so many IDs with Raja and _ here that i get confused with them......from now on - be careful (to myself)

இந்த ஐ ஆர் ஃபாரம் - ஐயா வூடு மாதிரி
எல்லோரும் போடற பந்தி - ஜுகல் பந்தி தான்.

raja_fan
27th January 2010, 08:08 AM
Maddy,

I am really a Raja fan as my name suggests, but only to his music, not to all his blabberings in public.
I am not a Jalra to say "aahaa" to all that IR does and speaks.

Suresh, yes..you are the only one who knows everything about IR and ARR..I am completely clueless :)

Sureshs65
27th January 2010, 09:48 AM
I am really a Raja fan as my name suggests, but only to his music, not to all his blabberings in public.
I am not a Jalra to say "aahaa" to all that IR does and speaks.

We would have known this had you also posted something about music. In the recent past, all your posts have been reaction to news reports :D

Suresh, yes..you are the only one who knows everything about IR and ARR..I am completely clueless :)

I don't claim that and that is one reason why I post about music and not about personalities.

raja_fan
27th January 2010, 10:47 AM
We would have known this had you also posted something about music.

I am in this forum for nearly 9 years now and if you do not know me as a fellow hubber, I can't do anything about that.

In the recent past, all your posts have been reaction to news reports

In the recent past, how many of us are discussing his music here ??
So why jump on me if you do not like my views ?

mr_karthik
27th January 2010, 11:29 AM
Coming to MSV, I have a slight doubt that having got both IR and ARR in the list this year, they might have recommended MSV also (namakkE thONudhE, avaingaLukku thONAdhA?)- but maybe for a bigger one like Vibooshan or Ratna. Obviously, the numbers available for the bigger awards are less, and maybe that's where MSV didnt get through the pruning. This is where the committee composition matters - and this is where national recognition matters.
சப்பைக்கட்டு நல்லாத்தான் இருக்கு...

ஆனால் பாவம் அவரை விட்டுடுங்க, அவர் குழந்தை. எண்பத்தொரு வயதிலும் 'இன்னும் கத்துக்கிட்டு இருக்கேன்' என்று சொல்லிக்கொண்டிருக்க அவரால்தான் முடியும். கருணாநிதிக்கு அவர் விசுவாசமாக இல்லாததால் கிடைத்த புறக்கணிப்புன்னு எடுத்துக்கிறோம்.

இது ராஜா சார் ஃபாரம். இதுல எதுக்கு தேவையில்லாமல் அவரைபத்தி பேசிக்கிட்டு. விடுங்க. உங்களைப்போன்ற சிலராவது அவரை நினைச்சு பார்க்கிறதுக்கு நன்றி.

Sureshs65
27th January 2010, 11:41 AM
In the recent past, how many of us are discussing his music here ??
So why jump on me if you do not like my views ?

A lot many of us I would say. Just look at the other running threads.

raagas
27th January 2010, 11:41 AM

I dont understand why this issue of Piracy is blown out so big.Piracy is a problem faced by each and every musician, right from a small musician trying to become something to even the greatest musicians across the world.I dont think they all are shutting the doors of creativity in their minds. Everyone is doing what they are good at and are selling whatever they do.Piracy is a problem for the complete industry and all the artists in the world.Yet they are moving on.Piracy was there even in 80s.The audio recording shops that were rampant across India - that was piracy indeed. I agree that piracy has increased exponentially since then.. yet, should that be a reason to constrain one's creativity and talent? With due respects to IR's talent, i find this absolutely silly.

I wish he works on Instrumental albums, without highlighting Piracy as a reason. And i say this, despite enjoying most of his film works in 2009.Because in films, he is still bound by the constraints of story,producer,character etc while in instrumental albums, it is his role all the way and nobody can restrict his creativity there.

I wish he puts behind all this impertinent Piracy talk and gets to do something serious (outside film music).

irir123
27th January 2010, 07:23 PM

I dont understand why this issue of Piracy is blown out so big.Piracy is a problem faced by each and every musician, right from a small musician trying to become something to even the greatest musicians across the world.I dont think they all are shutting the doors of creativity in their minds. Everyone is doing what they are good at and are selling whatever they do.Piracy is a problem for the complete industry and all the artists in the world.Yet they are moving on.Piracy was there even in 80s.The audio recording shops that were rampant across India - that was piracy indeed. I agree that piracy has increased exponentially since then.. yet, should that be a reason to constrain one's creativity and talent? With due respects to IR's talent, i find this absolutely silly.

I wish he works on Instrumental albums, without highlighting Piracy as a reason. And i say this, despite enjoying most of his film works in 2009.Because in films, he is still bound by the constraints of story,producer,character etc while in instrumental albums, it is his role all the way and nobody can restrict his creativity there.

I wish he puts behind all this impertinent Piracy talk and gets to do something serious (outside film music).

all that talk abt privacy is 'baavlaa' - IR is hiding something else behind this kind of talk - on top of it, snapping fingers to show how he can compose symphonies just like that, was real funny, when he does not have the guts to release it and be ready to face reviews

rajasaranam
27th January 2010, 07:31 PM
Iam in Total Agreement to the views expressing displeasure over Raaja's reaction/reply on the 'Symphony' Question :|

We fans are expecting him to release symphonies which he can compose exactly like the way he snapped his fingers. This Piracy talk is too much which has affected all spheres of saleable contents. Even the movies/music which he is composing right now are being affected by the same phenomenon. Will he abstain from composing altogether?!!

I think teaming up with wrong people for 'Thiruvaasagam' has left a bad taste in him. Lets hope for good on his recent teaming up with 'agilan'.

ramk1
27th January 2010, 08:37 PM
Well, it is possible that he thinks that his music is out of the world (it is) and should be paid top dollar. Only then maybe he would start and be part of such a venture. I guess what matters to him now is some compensation which he thinks is apt to his talent. There is nothing wrong in that, but atleast for his fans like us, he should venture to non filmi music and not worry abt compensation now at this matured stage in his career.

irir123
28th January 2010, 01:25 AM
Well, it is possible that he thinks that his music is out of the world (it is) and should be paid top dollar. Only then maybe he would start and be part of such a venture. I guess what matters to him now is some compensation which he thinks is apt to his talent. There is nothing wrong in that, but atleast for his fans like us, he should venture to non filmi music and not worry abt compensation now at this matured stage in his career.

for that, he should come out of his self-imposed shell

'I will be here, I will do things the way I feel like, if the world does not want to listen to my symphonic works, its the world's loss, not mine; I wont collaborate with a decent label/company, coz i burnt my fingers associating with a bunch of inexperienced naive non-professionals for Tiruvasagam album, which though my fault, I wont associate with any company for producing music, I am the only chosen one by the almighty, whether you listen to my music or not, is your headache, I will compose music like the bird thats flying in the air, I dont need anyone to tell me what to do and what not to do; scientific improvement will mess up my albums, there are hidden bad ppl lurking around the corner waiting for me to do something new/creative and stomp on them, I am trapped in a world full of mayai, there is no 'nijam/truth' in this material world' yada yada yada - thats his attitude - idhula symphony yengirundhu varum ?!

sigh :roll:

jaiganes
28th January 2010, 01:44 AM

for that, he should come out of his self-imposed shell

'I will be here, I will do things the way I feel like, if the world does not want to listen to my symphonic works, its the world's loss, not mine; I wont collaborate with a decent label/company, coz i burnt my fingers associating with a bunch of inexperienced naive non-professionals for Tiruvasagam album, which though my fault, I wont associate with any company for producing music, I am the only chosen one by the almighty, whether you listen to my music or not, is your headache, I will compose music like the bird thats flying in the air, I dont need anyone to tell me what to do and what not to do; scientific improvement will mess up my albums, there are hidden bad ppl lurking around the corner waiting for me to do something new/creative and stomp on them, I am trapped in a world full of mayai, there is no 'nijam/truth' in this material world' yada yada yada - thats his attitude - idhula symphony yengirundhu varum ?!

sigh :roll:

habba...

enna oru sum up.
I too wish if all these shackes could be broken just like that, but if being like this helps, then so be it. naama koduthu vachadhu avvlavu dhaan.

ramk1
28th January 2010, 08:14 AM
Great, atleast i was not bashed up for saying that he needs to come out of his shell.Thanks irr & jaiganes

raja_fan
28th January 2010, 08:41 AM
ramk1, irir, RS

I am happy to see at least few people like you who are not willing to go along with the "Jalra" crowd, who interpret whatever IR says as a divine proclamation :)

IR is either self-contradicting or escaping from his own true feelings, when he replied to ARR's Padma Bhushan or about the symphony. Idhai sonnaa naan raja fan illaiyaam.. :)
All this attitude of IR explains why the road to Oscar has not been laid to/by him till date !

jaiganes
28th January 2010, 09:00 AM
ramk1, irir, RS

I am happy to see at least few people like you who are not willing to go along with the "Jalra" crowd, who interpret whatever IR says as a divine proclamation :)

IR is either self-contradicting or escaping from his own true feelings, when he replied to ARR's Padma Bhushan or about the symphony. Idhai sonnaa naan raja fan illaiyaam.. :)
All this attitude of IR explains why the road to Oscar has not been laid to/by him till date ![b]

idho parraa - freud + varahamihira vandhu solltaaru...
sandhula sindhu nallaathaan padreengo.
idhu thavira andha road yaar podanum? evvalo tar podanum? unga postla vazhiyara tarai eduthu poattaa naalu road podalaam.

irir123
28th January 2010, 09:33 AM
am not concerned abt the road to oscar thingy - that i think is totally irrelevant here - i only care about IR's own creativity and his attitude being a stumbling block to either getting projects or he himself doing new projects - one side of him craves for doing creative things - another side of his indulges in 'other worldly mystic' issues - when these two overlap and crash, there is friction within his own persona, and hence IMHO, his contradictory behavior resulting from a subtly confused state of mind.

one can be spiritual but cant one think of and accept better worldliness ?? the angst of fans like me is this turmoil within IR's persona thats affecting his creative output

I dont care if some van gogh or a beethoven or someone else went thru the same - they are all long gone and dead - what matters is do we need to watch someone like IR go through all that again and take pride in comparing his state of mind to that of others in the past, taking comfort in that ? andha logic for me is unacceptable

its like saying s.ramanujam was a mathematician genius but like several other gifted ppl like chopin, mozart, and others, he died of some disease - therefore, a present day mathematician genius if found afflicted with a condition like hepatitis shd be eulogised for the same, instead of finding if he/she can be saved from it!

romanticising a self-inflicted personality defect does not add value to someones genius! as sincere IR fans, we shd learn to stop this first!

jaiganes
28th January 2010, 10:03 AM
am not concerned abt the road to oscar thingy - that i think is totally irrelevant here - i only care about IR's own creativity and his attitude being a stumbling block to either getting projects or he himself doing new projects - one side of him craves for doing creative things - another side of his indulges in 'other worldly mystic' issues - when these two overlap and crash, there is friction within his own persona, and hence IMHO, his contradictory behavior resulting from a subtly confused state of mind.

one can be spiritual but cant one think of and accept better worldliness ?? the angst of fans like me is this turmoil within IR's persona thats affecting his creative output

I dont care if some van gogh or a beethoven or someone else went thru the same - they are all long gone and dead - what matters is do we need to watch someone like IR go through all that again and take pride in comparing his state of mind to that of others in the past, taking comfort in that ? andha logic for me is unacceptable

its like saying s.ramanujam was a mathematician genius but like several other gifted ppl like chopin, mozart, and others, he died of some disease - therefore, a present day mathematician genius if found afflicted with a condition like hepatitis shd be eulogised for the same, instead of finding if he/she can be saved from it!

romanticising a self-inflicted personality defect does not add value to someones genius! as sincere IR fans, we shd learn to stop this first!

do u really seriously think that IR is afflicted with a mental illness of some sort? frankly I am not that naive to believe that a personality is a sum of all media articles and interviews he/she gives. so lets chill... I would be concerned on the other hand if he stops collaborating with BSO or something like that...

vel
28th January 2010, 10:30 AM
raaja pughazhai kedukka oru group, avar pugazhai multiply seiyya oru group, appuram pogira pokkil yedhaiyaavadhu crap kotti pogum oru group...idhula indha tfm forum padaadha paadu padudhu...kadavulae, we want freedom from all this...seri, freedom pathi thalaivar solradhai padikkavum
;-)

விடுதலை

விடுதலையின் தந்தைதான் சர்வாதிகாரம்.
சர்வாதிகாரம் இல்லையெனில் விடுதலைக்குப் பிறப்பேது?
சர்வாதிகாரம் விரும்புவதும் தன் சுதந்திரத்தை!
விடுதலை விரும்புவதும் தன் சுதந்திரத்தை!
விடுதலையும் ஒரு சர்வாதிகாரமே!
தனக்கு எல்லா அதிகாரமும்
வேண்டும் என்று போராடுவதுதானே
விடுதலையின் கொள்கை!
உண்மை விடுதலை என்பது
தான் இன்னொன்றைக் கட்டுப்படுத்தாமல் இருப்பதும்
தன்னை இன்னொன்று கட்டுப்படுத்தாமல் இருப்பதும் ஆகும்!

More Excerpts from Book Written By Maestro ilaiyaraja

1) Padikka Vendiya Nool....
Oru Manidhaan Padikkavendiya Ore Puthagam,
Thannai Thaaan..

2) Latchiyam...
Naan Petra Udambaalum,
Naan Petra Peyaraalum,
Seigindra Velaigalaalum,
Enakku Oru Sirappum illai' endru,
Unarvadhe En Latchiyam....

3) Latchanam...
Isaiyin Latchanam, Raagathilum Thaalathilum illai,
Un "Bhaavathil" Mattume Irukkiradhu...
Kavidhaiyin Lathcanam, Ilakkanathil illai,
Un "Unarvugalil" Mattume irukkiradhu...

4) Ennai Thedugiren...
Thedi Thedi Aluthuvitten
Mouna Manam Kalaithu Vitten
Oridhathil Nilaithu Vitten
Adhu Veliyila, Ullila, Naanariyen...

5) Tholaitha Ennai,
Isaiyil Thedinen, Paatil Thedinen
Paadudhalil Thedinen, Porulil Thedinen
Pughazhil Thedinen, Yezhuthil Thedinen
Vaarthaiyil Thedinen...
Ellavatrilum Naane Therindhadhaal
Alladhu,
Therindha Ellavatrilum Ennai Naan Izhandhadhaal
Izhandha Ennai Theda Vendiya Avasiyam Yerpattirukkiradhu...

6) Adhaiye Thaan...
Maanickavasagar, "Namashivaya" endru yadhai sonnaaro,
Thaayumaanavar, "mounam" endru yadhai sonnaro,
Vallaladigal, "arutperunjodhi" endru yadhai sonnaro,
Thiagaiyyar, "Raamar" endru yadhai paadinaro,
"Adhaiye" Thaan, Naanum Iraivan endrirukkiren...

7) Iruppadhai Vittu Vittu....
Nammidam Iruppadhe Gnanam Ondru Dhaan..
Adhai, Pudhidhaaga Adaiya Vendiyadhillai...
Gnanam Pudhidhaga Vandhal, Adhu Poi Vidum...
Varuvadhum Povadhum Gnanam Aagadhu..
Iruppadhe Gnanam...
Iruppadhai Vittu Vittu,
Pudhidhaaga Adaiya Vendum Endra Yennathaal, enna laabham?

8) Dhyanam...
Dhyanathin Nokkam Enna?..
Nokkam-attru Irruppadhe Dhyanam...

9) Saptham...
Avaravargalukku Pazhakkamaana Saptham,
Avaravargalukku Inimaiyaaga Thondrugiradhu...
Oru Sapthathai Thamizh engirom, Innonrai Telungu engirom,
Innonrai Kannandam engirom, Innonrai Malayalam engirom,
Innonrai Marati Engirom, Innonrai Aangilam engirom,
Innonrai Isai Engirom....(!)
Avaravargalukku Pazhakkamaana Saptham, Avargalukku
inimaiyaanadhu, uyarndhadhu....

10) Ondrukkul Ondru...
Uppin unmai vadivam, neer dhaan..
Sapthangalin unmai vadivam kaatru dhaan...
Edhil Edhu Aikkiyamaagiradho, Adhu dhaan Adhan Unmai Vadivam !
Uppu neeril dhaan karaindhu Pogiradhu...
Sapthangal Engirundhu Ezhudhaalum,
Kaatril Dhaan Karaindhu Pogiradhu...

11) Perumai...
Naan Samaskritham kattru Kolla Arambithen,
Aanal En Arivu Valarndha Paadillai...
Maaraaga,
"Enakku Samaskritham Theriyum", endra aanavam dhaan valarandhadhu..
Yaaraavadhu Oru Slogam Solla,
"Ungallukku indha slogam theriyuma" endru kettu,
Enakku adhu theriyum Endru Kaati Kolla Thaan Payanpattadhu...
Veru Etharkum Adhu Payan Pada Villai....

12) Enna Seivadhu...
Ennal Naan Padum Vedhanaigal Konjam Nanjam Andru...
Irundhaalum Sagithu Kollaththaan Vendiyirukkiradhu...
Vidhi..

irir123
28th January 2010, 10:34 AM

do u really seriously think that IR is afflicted with a mental illness of some sort? frankly I am not that naive to believe that a personality is a sum of all media articles and interviews he/she gives. so lets chill... I would be concerned on the other hand if he stops collaborating with BSO or something like that...

no i didnt mean to be that blunt - all am saying is IR has been straying away from reality for some time - how can a composer in the field for more than 3 decades, NOT have a proper copyright company and not signed with a decent label ?? how can someone revered as an icon, NOT even have his CDs released properly which are available ? when the most obvious things a person would do in his position, are the things he is conspicously avoiding, I dont think i would attribute that to eccentricity - its just the straying away from reality thingy - which for me is the only logical conclusion/inference

raja_fan
28th January 2010, 10:52 AM
idho parraa - freud + varahamihira vandhu solltaaru...
sandhula sindhu nallaathaan padreengo.
idhu thavira andha road yaar podanum? evvalo tar podanum? unga postla vazhiyara tarai eduthu poattaa naalu road podalaam.

evlo tar podanumnu ungalai maadhiri IR-kku kooja thookkittu pinnala nadakkaravan thaan sir sollanum :)