PDA

View Full Version : The Best Tamil, Indian & International Orators

bharathee
30th December 2008, 03:02 AM
Guys,

Was just googling for the best orators in both English and Tamil. Couldn't find many. List down the top five orators in your opinion. Let me validate with mine.
International (All time):
1. Winston Churchill
2. Lenin
3. Lincoln
4. Hitler
5. Martin Luther King (Jr)

Indian (All time)
1. Gandhi
2. Nehru
3. Bose
4. Vivekananda
5. Osho

Tamil (All time)
1. Anna
2. Jeeva
3. Thevar
4. Nedunchezhian
5. Variyar

International (Contemporary)
1. Barack Obama
2. Tony Blair
3. Fidel Castro
4. Bill Clinton
5. George W Bush (!)

Indian (Contemporary)
1. Chidambaram (I know most of you would be surprised)
2. Vajpayee
3. Advani
4. Jaitley
5. Omar Abdullah

Tamil (Contemporary)
1. Chidambaram (Once again, I know most of you would be surprised. He is one of the rarest Tamil orators who just banks on the content. No non-sense; no screaming; no over dose of irrelevant literature)
2. Bharathiraja (Not because I share the name with him... I like his style of delivery although the content is crap...)
3. Karunanidhi (Though I don't like him for the kind of politics he plays, the public opinion says he is one of the best orators this land has ever produced)
4. Vaiko (I like him as a person but not as an orator. Simply raising the voice alone is not good speech.)
5. Vairamuthu (Another "pechu dhaan perusa..." case)

Last category: only first two are my choices... all others based on public opinion. But the idea of starting this thread is to find out how many like minded audience are there, too.

Needless to say, the list would change as I get reminded about the ones that I have missed inadvertantly.

Would like more discussion on Tamil and Indian orators. If you can give a list of 10 or 20 also it is fine. I just want the list of all orators to be flowing in to this thread.

Go on... your time starts now...