PDA

View Full Version : Amit Trivedi - musical odyssey continues

jaiganes
30th December 2008, 04:07 PM
I recently stumbled upon the link to a song in the upcoming hindi film Dev.D.
Check out these songs (http://rapidshare.com/files/177991739/Dev.D__320-MP3-2008_.2..AF-Kunal) !!!
I am blown away!!

thilak4life
30th December 2008, 04:23 PM
The trailer is excellent.

Abhay Deol is related to Dharmendra, is it not? Enna vidhyasam... :shock:

jaiganes
30th December 2008, 04:33 PM
Thilak! the audio company is not too enthu about promoting the songs.
you know that I am in the PFC club - I got the links from there.
Anurag is asking everyone to download the music and enjoy!!
There is also a deleted scene posted in the PFC main page.
Surprised that you are not writing there anymore.

thilak4life
30th December 2008, 04:36 PM
Will do once I reach home. :)

Don't be. I was thrown out. :lol:

jaiganes
30th December 2008, 04:38 PM
avvalo extreme aa enna pannineenga?

thilak4life
30th December 2008, 04:41 PM
avvalo extreme aa enna pannineenga?

Onnum illa..Went AWOL for a long time. "Thrown out" is a subtle way to put it, no? Anyway, at that time, I couldn't channel my thoughts all that well.

littlemaster1982
30th December 2008, 04:49 PM

:shock: I was actually suprised seeing that you are encouraging everyone to download the songs.

Btw. is that a .rar file without file extension?

thilak4life
30th December 2008, 04:51 PM
Anurag once said he encourages piracy in India, as he feels film composers and filmmakers in this country unabashedly lift and pass it off as original. What a man! :P

jaiganes
30th December 2008, 05:20 PM

:shock: I was actually suprised seeing that you are encouraging everyone to download the songs.

Btw. is that a .rar file without file extension?

LM There seems to be another file which u have to join. Just check out my signature and listen to the songs online.

littlemaster1982
30th December 2008, 05:31 PM
Thanks Jai :)

MrJudge
30th December 2008, 07:09 PM
Listened to the songs (except the last couple) once, the album is not very hip. May be something is in the lyrics which I don't understand? It has some cool sounds but they are in Bollywood flavour. I don't think Bollywood MDs will never get anything right after RD Burman and the only exception among the new lot is SEL. Kollywood MDs are still ahead.

thamizhvaanan
30th December 2008, 08:42 PM
I have just heard half the tracks and not getting enough of it. I am still not able to go beyond Emotional Hathyachar Rock version. One striking aspect of this album is that its the first Indian album I ve heard of that adapts Rock music unashamedly. The total cacophony midway through E.A might not surprise Rock lovers, likewise Ek hulchul si could easily be a track in a U2 album. The guitar leads are longer and more detailed. I love the leads towards the end of Ek Hulchul si.

Still, there is melody and life in this album. The composer shows proficiency and ease in handling quite a few genres in a single album. Normally I dont have much hope in HFM outside ARR & SEL circle. I will pay attention to this guy as well in future :D . He is definitely more talented than some of the Hip hop and Nursery rhymes MD's downsouth.

jaiganes
30th December 2008, 10:14 PM
Thamizh! and Mr.Judge - listen to Emsanal Athiyachaar Brass band version - it is a roof damager. and yeh zindagi is cool too.

thamizhvaanan
30th December 2008, 10:30 PM
Thamizh! and Mr.Judge - listen to Emsanal Athiyachaar Brass band version - it is a roof damager. and yeh zindagi is cool too.

Yes Jai, I listened to it as well. It is very good but my kind is the rock version :P

Ok... I am slowly moving to other songs in this album. I thought Nayan tarse was terrific and should rewind back to that. But just irresistably peeped into the next song and wow!! Paayaliya!!! Konnutaanya

Enna pa panni irukaaru... So many motif, genres, instruments and all of them masterfully mixed that we feel no glitch. Did I forget to mention that the melody is very enchanting!

And I loved this bit from the review for this song.

So many influences, western , Indian, classical, Rahman, and opera too!

:yes: ARR is a seperate genre :mrgreen:

thamizhvaanan
30th December 2008, 11:12 PM
Making music, from Aamir to Dev D (http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/jul/21amit.htm)

Have you started work on Dev D?

Yes. We have 15 songs for Dev D. All the songs will be played in the background. There are four lyricists. I am also doing Condition Applied for UTV.

What kind of music is used in Dev D?

It has world music, Rajashtani folk, head-banging rock, street band baaja, an Awadhi song, Punjabi song and 1980's Euro-pop song.

What is Dev D about?

Dev D is about Devdas, Chandramukhi and Paro. I was told that it is about today's Devdas, who doesn't drink alcohol but is into drugs like cocaine and ganja. Chandramukhi is not a khotewali prostitute but today's school-going 16-year old prostitute. Paro is from Chandigarh here.

Devdas is called Dev D. His character is psychedelic so there are hard-rock songs. We have a lot of Punjabi and Awadhi songs for Paro. Chandramukhi is Chanda, a London-returned woman, so her songs have a western classical flavour.

Nerd
31st December 2008, 07:35 AM
Terrific songs :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nerd
31st December 2008, 09:53 AM
Boy, the Tera emosanal Hathyacharya Rock song is addicting!!! Most authentic Hard rock (Led Zeppenish) IFM song, IMO. Ik Hulchul si is another stunning song. No wannabe stuff here, Amit definitely knew what he was doing :clap:

thamizhvaanan
31st December 2008, 09:56 AM
Boy, the Tera emosanal Hathyacharya Rock song is addicting!!! Most authentic Hard rock (Led Zeppenish) IFM song, IMO. Ik Hulchul si is another stunning song. No wannabe stuff here, Amit definitely knew what he was doing :clap:Exactly the words I wanted to say. I wish it was in Tamil, I cant follow the lyrics completely. (for me to understand hindi, it has to be slow and simple :lol: )

jaiganes
31st December 2008, 08:16 PM
Some of the lyrics are not even hindi - some sindhi, some awadhi and genuine punjabi songs. I have stopped looking for the lyrics - just the music and voice. It is really good and I had stopped listening to new albums sometime back - this one is quite addictive.

thamizhvaanan
1st January 2009, 02:37 PM
I am slowly covering all the tracks and once again got stuck at a stunner! - Saali Kushi.

Easy paced to start with, but halfway through it slowly builds up towards a terrific finish, arousing sax backed by chorus vocals, guitar and clap sounds is just too good! :clap:

Has this guy pulled out all his tricks in one single album! Should wait and see :)

Nerd
2nd January 2009, 07:48 AM
Has this guy pulled out all his tricks in one single album! Should wait and see :)
You have not listened to his debut attempt Aamir? :)

Is Nayan Tarse psychedelic? I don't understand the lyrics very well, but I get a psychedelic feel while listening to it :oops:

Ramakrishna
5th January 2009, 03:10 PM
Amit Trivedi, music director of Aamir n dev D says A.R.Rahman is his inspiration

http://ishare.rediff.com/filevideo-Music%20Director%20Cut-Amit%20Trivedi-id-305226.php
watch it from 1:50

He even mentiones thiruda thiruda

MADDY
5th January 2009, 06:03 PM
Amit Trivedi, music director of Aamir n dev D says A.R.Rahman is his inspiration

http://ishare.rediff.com/filevideo-Music%20Director%20Cut-Amit%20Trivedi-id-305226.php
watch it from 1:50

He even mentiones thiruda thiruda

:lol: i already see a group checking out of this hotel :P

crajkumar_be
5th January 2009, 07:16 PM
Jai,Nerd,Thamizh,
ennappa ippadi usuppethi vidreenga :razz:

Rapdishare sucks. vera edhavadhu vadivathula d/l panna muidyuma, pl?

thamizhvaanan
5th January 2009, 08:01 PM
You have not listened to his debut attempt Aamir? :)

Is Nayan Tarse psychedelic? I don't understand the lyrics very well, but I get a psychedelic feel while listening to it :oops:

No, I haven't. Will definitely listen to it once I am done with this. :D

thamizhvaanan
5th January 2009, 08:33 PM
Jai,Nerd,Thamizh,
ennappa ippadi usuppethi vidreenga :razz:

Rapdishare sucks. vera edhavadhu vadivathula d/l panna muidyuma, pl?

I got it from rapidshare CR. You can try torrents, I remember seeing a torrent link somewhere.

A to Z mp3 dot com may have direct links for you if needed.

Ramakrishna
5th January 2009, 08:40 PM
CR,
if u prefer torrents, then here is the torrent link
http://www.mininova.org/get/2133374

Nerd
5th January 2009, 08:49 PM
Naanum rapidshare dhAn. Excellent quality. I can upload it in mediafire or something if you wish. Anurag Kashyap-E piracy promote pannrAraamE :lol: Also i would like to know if any of the songs are copied. Naan kadavuLum idhuvum maari maari pOyittirukku :2thumbsup:

Plum
6th January 2009, 05:29 PM
Thats not suprising. Next few years, we can see a host of succesful music directors kai-koopufying in the direction of AR Rahman just as a previous generation of 'good' composers across the country did to Ilaiyaraja. Rahman is in that stage of his career now. Sadly, tamil film music's golden period is over with the trinity of MSV, IR, ARR nearing the end of their combined dominance over 45-50 years. I cant see a future generation bollywood composer paying obsequiance to YSR, HJ or Vijay Antony!

Vaz
6th January 2009, 07:02 PM
I think that unfortunatly we'll not have any trend-setting MDs in the indian music scene in the near future... ARR has set the standard to such a height that nobody (in the near future) can surpass him... at best they can reach his level...

MADDY
7th January 2009, 08:01 AM
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=-lhzoqoS-ks&feature=related

Ha raham song from Aamir - this guy looks very very promising.........sufi music is not a easy thing and if he has pulled it off convincingly then he has got it in him........

//loved the way he said abt arr.....North Indian singers/composers-kku thalaivar oru Mozart madhiri//

Querida
7th January 2009, 09:15 AM
I liked most of the non-bhangra/punjabi songs...listening to paayaliya right now...will get to the others slowly...Saali Kushi was a surprise :) i think it's one of those albums that should be listened bit by bit at diff times to be fully appreciated...

have to admit was a bit reluctant to listen..since listening to yuuvraj and not getting the hype at all...guess i felt the music was strained/trying too hard...

Ek Hulchul Si...my kind of music :musicsmile:

Nerd
12th January 2009, 09:55 AM
Nayan Tarse is definitely psychedellic :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5hYY6u4V44

MADDY
12th January 2009, 11:52 AM
Nayan Tarse is definitely psychedellic :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5hYY6u4V44

IMHO, tamilians domination of IndianFilmMusic comes to an end with this album :bow: Amit wrests the 33 yr old mantle (or mandil as kounder puts it).....

btw, i dont think this is psycedelic - only lyrics are somewhat indian, it needed some Indian strings to make it psycedelia....video is pure psycedelia :lol:

MADDY
13th January 2009, 01:18 PM
jaiganes and Nerd - adapaavigala, naa summa dhaane irundhen, ippa kai ellam odharudhe :lol: pardon the orumai tone :wink:

truly fantastic album :bow: look at the range of this album - nayan tarse to tauba mera jalwa :bow: this guy has to make it big, otherwise i will be terribly disappointed 8-)

crajkumar_be
14th January 2009, 02:43 AM
ennappa rapidshare file la andha 'rock' song-e illa?? :evil:

Talk me!

Thanks Jai for the pointer and rekamdasan

Upd: Found it here (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=uaMFE5b0vfg&feature=related)

Nerd
14th January 2009, 02:48 AM
File URL-la replace _2 with _1 ingE rapidshare blocked so can't check.

crajkumar_be
14th January 2009, 02:56 AM
I found the 'Emotional Athyachar' to be more like a cross between Deep Purple (the organ groove and all) and a modern day youth rock band. A bit of a letdown because i was expecting a "no inhibitions" hard classic rock number but i'll take it anyday. This is definitely a better nod to classic rock than the "sissy" (sorry if its sexist) attempt in rock on (Yuvan's My Life and SEL's own "Johnny Gaddar" were better than Rock On)

crajkumar_be
14th January 2009, 03:18 AM
Well, enakku therinjavaraikkum psychedelic refers to music generating hallucinations, imagery etc.. usually associated with drugs/grass :razz: (unfortunately Pink Floyd were tagged with the drug/dope tag because their music, along with other contemporaries of theirs was psychedelic)

And as for this song, it very well figures because the trailer shows images of Abhay tripping after doing drugs. I think its psychedelic too. Mission of Md achieved :)

And on first listening, "Nayan Tarse" is my pick of the album. what audacity :notworthy: As much as we appreciate Amit Trivedi, we owe a :notworthy: to Anurag Kashyap!

P.S: And Nerd, did you notice the Floydian touches on the wind instruments? I'll be very disappointed if Floyd are not one of Amit T's musical influences

crajkumar_be
14th January 2009, 03:47 AM
"Saali Khushi": From 2:02 onwards, is it just me or does it remind one of this? (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=1X0cMt81ZX0) (make adjustments for the tempo as required) (Nerd, Thamizhvanan?)

Of course, i mean this a compliment. Neat, amazing :thumbsup:
And psychedelic too

Nerd
14th January 2009, 08:51 AM
"Saali Khushi": From 2:02 onwards, is it just me or does it remind one of this? (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=1X0cMt81ZX0) (make adjustments for the tempo as required) (Nerd, Thamizhvanan?)

And psychedelic too
Amazing! The parts before the synthesizer joins in Shine on you are exactly, no well almost the same as the final bit in saali kushi. More of a tribute to that song I believe. And you are right on Nayan Tarse as well, the feel is definitely psychedelic.

I thought Pink Floyd folks used a synthesizer for wind instruments and yes the trumpet sounds in shine on you are comparable to the sounds in Nayan Tarse.

The brass band version of emosanal hathyacharya is terrific too. You cant stop humming tauba teri jalwa after you listen to that (even once) I bet!

Ek Hulchul si is more of a tribute to 90s/00s rock bands, I think. Very addictive song. Yeh meri zindhagi is blues (?) and we have couple of authentic(Punjabi?) folk numbers - dhOl yaara dhOl and Mahi Mennu. No idea on which genre paayaliya belongs to - another terripic song.

So many genres explored and everything comes naturally to Amit Trivedi. 18 *great* tracks in an album is no freakin joke. Brilliant :2thumbsup:

thamizhvaanan
14th January 2009, 09:16 AM
I found the 'Emotional Athyachar' to be more like a cross between Deep Purple (the organ groove and all) and a modern day youth rock band. A bit of a letdown because i was expecting a "no inhibitions" hard classic rock number but i'll take it anyday.
EA Rock version definitely has got a lot of Sweet child of mine in it. The singing is so much like Axle Rose's coarse voice, "aankon ka yeh dhoka" chorus while the lead singer screams is like "where do we go" portion in SCoM. Not to mention the way the singer ends the song amidst guitar howls.

Nerd and Jai, you guys are right, the brass band version is absolutely fantabulous. So many tiny little cues in that song I love. Mast!! :thumbsup:

thamizhvaanan
14th January 2009, 09:27 AM
Well, enakku therinjavaraikkum psychedelic refers to music generating hallucinations, imagery etc.. usually associated with drugs/grass :razz: (unfortunately Pink Floyd were tagged with the drug/dope tag because their music, along with other contemporaries of theirs was psychedelic)

My friend tells me that they used to sell Acid along with PF concert tickets. I am not sure to which extent it is true... might just be a folklore :P

CR, regarding Saali Khushi and Shine on you crazy diamond II, it never occured to me. Even now I don't feel the similarity but I do get what you are hinting at.

And yes, even I would be surprised if PF is not one of his influences. And ARR is definitely a huge influence.

What do you think of payaliyaan... that is still my favourite in this album. Stunning song!! :bow:

NormalMan
14th January 2009, 11:02 AM
Awesome and rocking !!

Easily "the" best album after Katradhu Tamizh !! Hands down winner !!! Man I'm so Ecstatic after hearing to this album. album.

Nerd
14th January 2009, 09:42 PM
Rediff gives a 3/5. Says the album tries too hard. WHAT???!!

MADDY
15th January 2009, 12:07 AM
Says the album tries too hard.

maybe the album tried too hard on reviewer :lol: :P rediff gives reviews "just to put word in mouths" :x reaction edhir paarthu kudukkaradhu review-e illa

littlemaster1982
15th January 2009, 12:18 AM
Paayaliya is superb. Gonna buy the original CD 8-)

sat_srini
17th January 2009, 01:22 PM
Mindblowing songs!!! First, it was Aamir and now Dev.D. My picks are Attyachar(rockversion), Nayan Tharse and Payyaliya.

Amit Trivedi could be the successor to ARR in the future.His songs sound so unique and unlike anything that I have heard before.

Dragun
19th January 2009, 01:37 PM
Amit Trivedi could be the successor to ARR in the future.His songs sound so unique and unlike anything that I have heard before.

I agree, this guy could be another ARR! Dev.D songs are awesome. I still haven't heard Aamir songs yet, though I recently bought the DVD.

viraajan
6th February 2009, 03:46 PM
Times of India has given 5 Stars for this movie :shock:

Music4Ever
6th February 2009, 09:13 PM
Plum said: "I cant see a future generation bollywood composer paying obsequiance to YSR, HJ or Vijay Antony!"

Amit Trivedi already has! In the song Paayaliya. What is it but a subtle rehash of Venmathi venmathiyae nillu? The interludes are very much HJ-ish.

thamizhvaanan
6th February 2009, 11:14 PM
Amit Trivedi already has! In the song Paayaliya. What is it but a subtle rehash of Venmathi venmathiyae nillu?

No :)

Music4Ever
7th February 2009, 09:32 PM
TV, if from 1:48 to 2:40 the song does not remind you of venmathi venmathiyae nillu, then I think one of us is clueless :D

Jannalin vazhi adhil theriyudhu minnalin oLi ....is the stuff that I am hinting at. Plus, the music at 1:48 to about 2 odd is just the starting music of Vennmathi, perhaps distorted to hide the resemblance (not intentionally though). He may have been inspired by that HJ number.

Scale
7th February 2009, 11:20 PM
M$E,

If you are pointing out the interlude and the structure how the melody is framed, then you need to listen to the original evano oruvan from Alaipayuthey @0.46 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df8eVBpKJuU) & check this venmathi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps6xiB1Jv6w&feature=channel_page). Payaliya (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD5DPJhxZNs&feature=related)have lots of similarity to the original from the start check both, the flute interlude AP@1.49 is interpreted with shehnai and some beats thrown inbetween :mygod: In AP pullangulale poongulale is a clear inspiration/liftu tamil version follows a short flute piece now check Paylia 2.26 - 2.47,3.20-4.14 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD5DPJhxZNs&feature=related) :notworthy:

Liked both the versions Amit & HJ. valarra puzhainga apdi thaan iruppaingha. :D HJ has an amazing track record of sacred following. Period!

Scale
7th February 2009, 11:49 PM
And psychedelic too

seems to have some weight. The reference is to an Indonesian musical comedy band named Project Pop. One of their songs, 'Metal Vs Dugem', from the 2007 album, Six-A-Six, bears amazing resemblance to Dev.D's prized possession, Emosional Atyachar...more specifically, the rock version. The resemblance is clear and is restricted to the core phrase starting with, 'Aankhon ka yeh dhoka'! I'm not entirely sure where I should categorize this...what do you think? Mail me!
Listen to Emosional Atyachar (Rock Version) | Metal Vs Dugem

Nerd
11th February 2009, 09:45 PM
Very far fetched I say. (venmathi/evanO oruvan conection)
Dev D is a pathbreaking soundtrack, the kind which happens once a decade. Rangeela for the 90s and Dev D for the 00s.

Scale
12th February 2009, 01:11 AM
Nerd,

Its just the prelude/interlude part I responded to M4E ennala mudinjadhu tried to backup with instrumental version, HJ track records & I could prove paayalia's inspiration much more than that and an apparant reason EO is not in hindi version (saathiya). A simple hook is enough to create a chartbuster. Note to note copy is almost stagnant and composers are very much aware of the consequences. With the advancement of internet, ipod, mobile listeners modality is getting heightened to blackball all their smart improvisions. Rotten Tomatoes uploaded instantly!

Evano oruvan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df8eVBpKJuU)

Venmathi Venmathiye Nillu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goLy4DvpRSA)

The mood,feel,,misunderstanding,seperation,search, pain musically melody pattern, instruments, arrangements are almost similar. Main Tune is his and its diffeent. Male version instead of Female (paayaliya its the same). Alarmingly even the visuals are reminiscent at few places.

1. The song almost starts like a recital (inlcdg paayalia) without instruments.
2. Mazhai - Shower (clock sound - thunder,storm :banghead:)
3. The prominent instrumental hook ....(supported with drum sound/thunder)
4. Both Ist interlude starts with Flute and supported with drum sound (hook is played again in the interlude-both)
5. Ist charanam pullankulale poongulale - anju naalvarai (a slightly differnt pattern with mild flute at 2.56, in paayiliya its exactly the same)
6. IInd interlude EV, plays the same hook whereas VV plays in opera style (drum sound, their search comes to an end exactly the same :banghead:)

While EO ends here (movie), VV progresses with IInd charanam. I also checked EO IInd interlude from raaga.com thats also interpreted as dance(opera) version. You decide!

Sid_316
15th February 2009, 01:26 PM
Awesome Songs! :thumbsup:

littlemaster1982
28th February 2009, 01:10 PM
I'm getting addicted to the songs. Esp Paayaliya :musicsmile:

littlemaster1982
2nd March 2009, 11:57 PM
No one liked Dev Chanda Theme-2? :huh: The violin towards the end is incredible :notworthy:

MrIndia
4th March 2009, 01:52 AM
nice movie.. i liked the way it ended

R.Latha
11th June 2009, 01:19 PM
தெலுங்கிலும் தமிழிலும் பிரபல இசையமைப்பாளராக உருவெடுத்துள்ள தேவிஸ்ரீபிரசாத், அவ்வப்போது சில நிகழ்ச்சிகளில் ஆடிப்பாடி தன்னுடைய நடிப்பார்வத்தைத் தீர்த்துக்கொள்வார். பலரும் அவரை "கதாநாயகனாக நடிக்கலாமே' என ஆசை வலையை விரிக்க அதில் சிக்கிக்கொண்ட தேவிஸ்ரீபிரசாத், பலரிடமும் ரகசியமாகக் கதை கேட்டு வருகிறார். ஒரே நேரத்தில் தமிழிலும் தெலுங்கிலும் உருவாகும் வகையில், ஆக்ஷன் பின்னணியோடு கதை இருக்க வேண்டும் என்பதுதான் அவருடைய கண்டிஷன்.

crajkumar_be
11th June 2009, 06:19 PM
தெலுங்கிலும் தமிழிலும் பிரபல இசையமைப்பாளராக உருவெடுத்துள்ள தேவிஸ்ரீபிரசாத், அவ்வப்போது சில நிகழ்ச்சிகளில் ஆடிப்பாடி தன்னுடைய நடிப்பார்வத்தைத் தீர்த்துக்கொள்வார். பலரும் அவரை "கதாநாயகனாக நடிக்கலாமே' என ஆசை வலையை விரிக்க அதில் சிக்கிக்கொண்ட தேவிஸ்ரீபிரசாத், பலரிடமும் ரகசியமாகக் கதை கேட்டு வருகிறார். ஒரே நேரத்தில் தமிழிலும் தெலுங்கிலும் உருவாகும் வகையில், ஆக்ஷன் பின்னணியோடு கதை இருக்க வேண்டும் என்பதுதான் அவருடைய கண்டிஷன்.

:banghead:
Can you please READ the topic before you post??

m_23_bayarea
12th June 2009, 03:21 AM

:rotfl: Sorry couldn't control! :oops:

MADDY
22nd September 2009, 05:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcH7qCZJS_c

Next up from Amit thambi :thumbsup:

just one song in a popular movie but matter dhaan mukkiyam namakku......... :D

MADDY
26th April 2010, 01:31 PM
Special thanks to NOV for moving this thread :bow: .....Bala pannitomla :lol: :poke:

Upcoming projects:
2010 Admissions Open
2010 Conditions Applied
2010 Chiller Party
2010 Chamkila
2010 Bombay Velvet
2010 Aisha
2010 No One Killed Jessica
2011 Udaan

Members (with access to undiyal)
1. Bala
2. Maddy
3. Nerd
4. Kid-glove
5. Jinju

P_R, equanimar, compliyaaar, Plum ellam eppadi vasadhi?? :P

P_R
26th April 2010, 01:41 PM
I am till now only Dev D and Iktara. Aamir-E yet to click. So, as usual, neenga pORapadi pOnga, naan kadaisiya vandhu sErndhukkuvEn.

In Dev D, hiknaal paththi yArAvadhu thappA pEsunA kooda solli vidunga. vandhu ban paNNiruvOm.

Flaum unselected. What's the big fuss -ngra maadhiri sacrilegious questions kEtturukkAr.

jinju
26th April 2010, 01:48 PM
wow this hub had a thread on amit trivedi! my fav MD after ARR....thanks for the info on his upcoming projects MADDY....hoping to get updates on amit's albums here first!!! great!

MADDY
26th April 2010, 01:49 PM
Flaum unselected. What's the big fuss -ngra maadhiri sacrilegious questions kEtturukkAr.

kuthham, kora solla thaan seivaaru aana enna irundhalum periyavaru, avarukku paathrikkai veikkaama mandram aarambikkradhu sariya padala....... :lol2:

hello P_R - listen to striker also - remba slow-a irukeenga........ :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwIaYGvxvdc

MADDY
26th April 2010, 01:51 PM
wow this hub had a thread on amit trivedi! my fav MD after ARR....thanks for the info on his upcoming projects MADDY....hoping to get updates on amit's albums here first!!! great!

this hub has everything, trust me :P ...........ur name added to members list 8-) .....

Plum
26th April 2010, 02:25 PM
Maddy, ninga nadathunga. Feeyaarukku t20 maadhir enakku weld music. And sufiyum pperusA aagadhu - khwaja meri is the only one that has appealed ever to me adhulayum Rahman Edho namma flavour kalandhu koduthuruppAr adhanaAla dhaan pudichudhunu nenaikakEn.
Naan innum IR2009-E homeworkla pending vechirukkEn. MedhuvA dhAn varra mudiyum.
Madhichu kooptadhukku oru :bow:

Bala (Karthik)
26th April 2010, 02:35 PM
I am till now only Dev D and Iktara. Aamir-E yet to click. So, as usual, neenga pORapadi pOnga, naan kadaisiya vandhu sErndhukkuvEn.

I itself only DevD. Engalukke tatkaal la card kuduthuttainga

P_R
26th April 2010, 02:41 PM
Yeah Maddy Bombay-Bombay too I heard.
It was good but I didn't find it as addictive as Iktara.

yeh Kaisi kaisi aankh michOli khEl zindagi - ellAm naan uchcha sthAyila paadi akkam pakkathula terror yERpaduthura pAttu :lol2:

And sufiyum pperusA aagadhu
bharadwajar meesic-la rubaru from Maqbool kELunga.
adhu work aagalainnA appuram don't bother trying sufism.

kid-glove
26th April 2010, 02:49 PM
I'm in smug mood considering how I hype or plug him up, ever since Aamir's audio was released. I said then the next big thing had arrived for Bolly. Seeing this thread, it's as if it had sprung out of mad, beautiful head of talend-spotter Kid-glove. :P :lol2:

Plum
26th April 2010, 03:15 PM

:lol:

Plum
27th April 2010, 05:28 PM
Admissions Open getting good reviews in baradwaj's comment space. (from IR die hards, at that)

anbu_kathir
28th April 2010, 02:19 PM

In Dev D, hiknaal paththi yArAvadhu thappA pEsunA kooda solli vidunga. vandhu ban paNNiruvOm.

Ennadhu Aamir yet to click-a! Aamir had a couple of stunners for me.. Haara and the Climax theme. Ek lau was a fantastic ending-credits song barring a few seconds of the interlude which I didn't like much. The other 3 were mighty enjoyable too.

Dev D is a compendium in itself... adha paththi onnum sollavenaam. Iktara was awesome.. Striker paatu neenga sonna maadhiri avalavaa pidikala.

As for Admissions open, barring the opening number and the final mix of the same, the other 4 are pretty good I felt, although Dariya ubale reminds me of Emotional Atyachaar and "battle without honor or humanity", while "Roshni" sounds somewhat similar to Paayaliya.

Mothathula Amit Trivedi fan club-la naan irukkEn :P.

Love and Light.

jinju
28th April 2010, 11:59 PM
Admissions Open

Starts off with a pop-ish Aasmaan Ke Paar, a song with a lot of energy, the sitar strings reminiscent of S-E-L's 'Suno Gaur Se Duniyaawaalo...Hindustani' from the unreleased Dus. Anyways, this is all about a group of college guys having a blast and considering that, this fits the gen-next genre! reminiscent of koi kahe from DCH too at places...good!

Dariya Ubaale, now this one's straight up Amit's alley...this is where the album really kicks in!!! the buildup is similar to the rock version of emosanal athyaachar and so is the final release....shon pinto n amitabh bhattacharya do a fab job in this grunge number....kickass!

ARR discovery in an Amit Trivedi number, wow! thats enuff to go into the third track 'Meri Rooh' with high expectations! As good as Naresh has sounded good in ARR tracks, in this soft melody by Amit he is at his silky smooth best! The song in itself has shades of Iktara from WUS....fab!

Music Hi Haaye is a sort of conversational number between a son and a mom with each other listing out the virtues of music and importance of education/career over music respectively. Driven forward highly by the lyrics, this situational number is an enjoyable listen with a soft rockish tinge...cool!

The final track, that is if u discount the not so special club version of Aasmaan Ke Paar, is the pick of the album. Roshni by Shruti Pathak can serve as a textbook for orchestration arrangement. Guitar, Veena, Tabla u name it u got it and it's not just for the sake of it...pure bliss!

Overall, Amit's first full-length followup album to Dev D has all indications that he is here to stay and is indeed the future of bollywood music! Roshni, Meri Rooh, Dariya Ubaale are my picks from the album...overall 7.5/10 for Amit Trivedi's Admissions Open!

Nerd
8th July 2010, 07:44 PM
Two new Amit T soundtracks have come out. Udaan and Aisha. I gave a casual listen to Udaan and found it very underwhelming. All the songs are in the rock genre. Anybody listened to them?

raghavendran
9th July 2010, 11:34 AM
Two new Amit T soundtracks have come out. Udaan and Aisha. I gave a casual listen to Udaan and found it very underwhelming. All the songs are in the rock genre. Anybody listened to them?i saw thr trailor of udaan...i read anurag kashyap's name in the vredits..wats he doing?..scripting?

kid-glove
9th July 2010, 11:40 AM
Producer.

Trailer is promising.

anbu_kathir
9th July 2010, 11:51 AM
I gave a casual listen to Udaan and found it very underwhelming. All the songs are in the rock genre. Anybody listened to them?

I enjoyed most of the songs.. given the subject matter in mind. Liked the arrangements especially, although they still remind me of Dev D and Aamir.

Looking forward to Aisha!

Siv.S
15th July 2010, 12:00 AM
From Aisha,looks like another good stuff from trivedi :thumbsup: ,liked on first hearing

my pick of the album,loved it on first hearing
Behke Behke- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub-QbqvTrmc

Sham- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtwXToELynI
This guy is guitar lover, trivedi sings as well... :bow:

By the Way- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48rns-d-m0Y

:clap: :clap: :clap:

kid-glove
15th July 2010, 12:07 AM
Siv.S

Clue needed in guessthepic thread :p

Siv.S
15th July 2010, 12:10 AM
K_G done :lol:

Ramakrishna
16th July 2010, 01:18 AM

Addictive song. Can't stop listening or humming it.

MADDY
12th August 2010, 07:03 PM

Addictive song. Can't stop listening or humming it.

took time off from Endhiran and Puli to listen to this song - and it was worth it.......trust me guys, i dont say this even for a raaja song :bow: (i mean worth taking break from rahman song)...........

he is a new genre in Indian film music IMO - i mean, these are not even rock songs - they are the typical "campfire" casual songs beautifully and so tastefully done :clap: ..........im sure he is the next big trend in IFM - makkal would take time ofcourse recognising him :D

raghavendran
18th August 2010, 06:58 PM
he has got some uniqueness in his songs,seriya ennennu explain panna theriyale(i m not big musical) :D ...but very refreshing.pudhumaya irukku.. :thumbsup: ..aisha songs kude very peppy and unique

ajithfederer
30th August 2010, 05:20 AM
Gal Meethi Meethi Bol :musicsmile: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuxIfwhgXl4&feature=related)

MADDY
1st September 2010, 10:45 AM
gal meethi meethi bol

MADDY
15th September 2010, 04:53 PM
Nation Award winner Amit Trivedi now 8-)

Nerd
15th September 2010, 06:04 PM
:bow:

If DevD ain't NA worthy last year, I don't know which album was.

raghavendran
15th September 2010, 06:09 PM
:bow:

If DevD ain't NA worthy last year, I don't know which album was. :exactly: ..really happy foramit..really deserving 1

Bala (Karthik)
15th September 2010, 08:03 PM
:sabaash: :clap:

P_R
15th September 2010, 08:33 PM
:clap:

After searching for Dev D album all over Chennai and not finding (ngoyyAla oru varusham, kazhichu vandhA evanda stock vachiruppAn) I finally ordered it online and listened it at home for the first time last night.

S: pAththeengaLA maamA naan sErndha raasiyai
GM: vyAbAra raasi dA

MADDY
16th September 2010, 02:38 PM
[tscii:cf9d6914f8]http://www.naachgaana.com/2009/02/01/i-would-dedicate-my-success-to-a-r-rahman-he-has-inspired-me-to-go-against-the-rules-amit-trivedi/

“I would dedicate my success to A R Rahman. He has inspired me to go against the rules” – Amit Trivedi[/tscii:cf9d6914f8]

Mahen
16th September 2010, 02:52 PM
Yaaru intha amit trivedi? :roll: Have not heard any songs of Dev D :oops: Was it really better than Delhi 6? :shock:

MADDY
16th September 2010, 02:56 PM
Was it really better than Delhi 6? :shock:

very tough question, atleast for me - i would give it to DevD (forgetting rehna tu and dil gira dafatan, damn how can i :lol: )

satissh_r
16th September 2010, 03:24 PM
Yaaru intha amit trivedi? :roll: Have not heard any songs of Dev D :oops: Was it really better than Delhi 6? :shock:

Dev D naan romba kekkala but loved his Aisha, especially Suno Aisha, Gal Mithi and Leheren :thumbsup:

Mahen, I recommend it :)

Mahen
16th September 2010, 05:15 PM
Was it really better than Delhi 6? :shock:

very tough question, atleast for me - i would give it to DevD (forgetting rehna tu and dil gira dafatan, damn how can i :lol: )

Whoa MAddy..cant believe its coming from you :D Kandippa ketkanum :)

MADDY
20th September 2010, 09:45 AM
http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/131323/beautiful-people-meet-music-composer-amit-trivedi.html

he is the reason why im doing all this.........

the day i heard ha raham from Aamir, i knew this is the guy from streets we all have been waiting for to take the mantle of IR-AR.....he is from a different land, different culture, language but the unrelenting soul to veer away from existing patterns of music is the same as we found in a MSV or IR or AR........

DevD was a musical shock to me when i heard it first - it had garage music, punk, grunge rock like nirvana and cranberries style of music in hulchul si and there was something essentially desi about it - the rahmanish dhol yaara dhol and payalia.......it was severely unprocessed music - rahman and raja have always processesed it for us but AMIT broke those convetions :D .......with continuing good music in Aisha, striker, iktara etc, he has proved he will stay and conquer the world one day..... 8-)

littlemaster1982
2nd October 2010, 11:38 PM
[tscii:93f711e4f3]The Man Who Refused Aamir Khan (http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/art-culture/the-man-who-refused-aamir-khan)

It’s been just a week since Amit Trivedi won a National Award for the music direction of DevD. It was technically the first film he directed music for, though it wasn’t the first to release. That was Rajkumar Gupta’s Aamir. Instead of enjoying his moment of glory, Amit is working till 4 am on his current assignment, which is again a Gupta film—the forthcoming No one Killed Jessica. He won’t be composing songs for at least a month or two. He is tied up with the background score.

Usually, Bollywood flicks have one music director for songs and another for background scores; Amit does both. He even reads the script and interprets it musically instead of depending on situations narrated by the director. But such all-round effort comes with a price: in Amit’s case, severe acidity and perhaps forgetfulness. When I go over to his house from his music studio, he has forgotten that he has an interview scheduled and is in deep sleep. His wife has to wake him up. His living room is typically Bombayish, small and multi-purpose. There is a treadmill next to the showcase, with shelves full of naked, bald figurines given as awards. A tabletop is crowded with bouquets, presumably sent to commemorate the National Award. The barest bouquet, with red roses and carnations, is from one AR Rahman. The card reads ‘Congrats, love ARR’. Receiving this bouquet didn’t just make Amit’s day, “It’s made my career!” he says. “I can chill for a few months now, because it validates my journey so far.” Amit was 13 years old when AR Rahman debuted as a music director with Roja. ARR has inspired him ever since.

Almost everyone in the business finds Amit Trivedi’s work fresh and distinct. Vikramaditya Motwane, co-writer of DevD and director of Udaan—films that Amit worked on—even sees him as the next Rahman. “He’s a man whose music I would blindly buy and wonder where he’s taking me now,” says Motwane.

Gupta describes him as a composer who reads scripts. “When I gave him the script of Aamir, I was taken aback by his musical interpretation,” he says. Amit isn’t much of a reader, though. “I take a long time to read a few pages, sometimes even sleeping over it,” he says. For him, Aamir was about a guy stuck in a terrible situation. “His parents are kidnapped, and he’s asked to go to shitty places and do things he doesn’t want to. He’s stuck, he can’t do what he wants… for him, all doors are shut. The villain is hitting him with a whip, he’s the tiger in a cage. So for the theme song of Aamir, a track called Haara, I used a whip sound, and doors being shut. I wanted a very psychedelic, experimental rock sound.”

For DevD, Amit worked with the archetypal Devdas story. But he also fit in his understanding of the film’s director Anurag Kashyap. For Amit, Anurag is both a genius and mad guy; someone who changed the script around to fit the songs in, and used them in a way that no one’s seen before in Hindi films. “I figured Dev wouldn’t be drowning himself in madira (booze),” says Amit. “He would be having shots and tripping.” He composed Saali Khushi as a gloomy psychedelic track because Dev is dejected and hallucinating. After the film came out, most people thought Amit must be a junkie himself. But Amit doesn’t have that luxury. He doesn’t even drink because of the acidity caused by long, hungry hours of work. “I can’t have a drink or smoke, I would die if I had a joint,” he says.

Amit is 31 and has been on the Indian music scene for almost a decade. He began as a member of the band Om, and then moved on to compose jingles for advertising and pop albums. All through his career, his youthful look has gotten him into trouble. “Clients and directors would lose confidence in me because I looked like a normal bachcha. I was forced to keep a stubble to look older.”

The creative act, he says, is God’s gift to him, and half the joy lies in expressing it. “If I create a superb track, I don’t sit down and say ‘Nice’. I jump with joy, I clap, I dance; I do everything.” The joys are momentary, but the stress is a perpetual cloud in Bollywood. “The pressure is too much,” he says. To counter it, he does yoga but no amount of asanas have helped him reconcile with his decision to turn Aamir Khan down when the superstar approached him to do the music for his home production and wife’s directorial debut Dhobi Ghat. “I work on only one project at a time. Dil pe patthar rakh ke (with a stony-heart) I had to say no. I just didn’t have the time… Even when I came out of the meeting, I asked myself, ‘Did you just refuse Aamir Khan?’ I had two voices arguing in my head for days. Ultimately, I knew that it would be better to refuse than do a hurried, bad job.”

Vikramaditya Motwane insists that you can’t look at the magic of Amit Trivedi’s music in isolation. “Amitabh Bhattacharya is equally responsible for it,” he says, referring to the lyricist for most films Amit has worked on. The man left Lucknow a decade ago to become a playback singer in Bombay, and the two are old friends. Amitabh had even penned lyrics for Amit’s band Om as a hobby. When DevD was offered to Amit, it was natural for him to ask Amitabh to write the lyrics, but he was afraid to project himself as a lyricist because it would affect his singing aspirations.

“The Bollywood mindset is such that if you do something, you can only do that. Although musicians like Vishal Bharadwaj and Himesh Reshammiya have broken that stereotype, it still holds true.” So Amitabh wrote under various pen names for his friend. He has written all the songs for DevD. He wrote Emosanal Atyachar in just 45 minutes at a Café Coffee Day outlet at Bombay’s Lokhandwala Circle. Along with Amit, he even sang the song for Anurag Kashyap’s ears. “Anurag loved it so much he insisted we sing the final one too. We had someone like Altaf Raja in mind. Imagine my plight—I was getting a launch pad as a singer, but the song was Emosanal Atyachar. I refused to even use my pet name Dimpu as a pseudonym. We created two fictional characters Bandmaster Rangeela and Raseela and put them up as the singers.”

The truth came out on national television a few months ago, when they were on a show to promote Udaan. After the song became a sensational hit, no one wanted the singers anymore, everyone wanted the lyricist. “Amitabh still curses me,” says Amit. “He says ‘Kaminey (rascal) because of you I became a writer instead of a singer’.”

Amitabh wasn’t surprised when he heard Amit had won the National Award. “I expected Amit to get it because of the change he has brought in Hindi film music. In a way, it’s recognition for all of us, because we are part of his body of work.”

Bollywood now has an expanding fraternity of filmmakers who want to be unconventional, yet popular. Amit finds himself gravitating to them. “They are open to exploration,” he says.

Whether they foster a new musical movement or remain a fringe club depends on which way mass listenership goes. Amit Trivedi is keen to play a leading role. But for the moment, Amit has a call to make. He must thank ARR. He must finally speak to his idol.[/tscii:93f711e4f3]

MADDY
4th October 2010, 09:41 AM

Nerd
1st December 2010, 04:44 AM
Annar's next album is out. No one killed Jessica. Two outstanding songs:

Dua - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOLpHW_6cII
Dilli Dilli - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfwq1bSxHdo

Nerd
1st December 2010, 05:02 AM
While on this album went back to Aamir's Ha Raham. Amazing stuff. What a talent :bow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lhzoqoS-ks

MADDY
1st December 2010, 04:42 PM
No one killed jessica :clap:

this guys' consistency is heart warming 8-)

V_S
3rd December 2010, 07:21 AM
I liked and loved Aisha more than Dev D. I was expecting a Gal Mitthi Mitthi (my most favorite of Amit), Leheren or Nayan Tarse in this album (No one Killed Jessica), but this album is not to my liking. More noise and the tunes fall flat. Yeh Pa and Dua started beautifully but wanders aimlessly in between. Especially in Yeh Pa last 2 1/2 minutes was a total disappointment. The vocals falls very much behind the instrumentation in this album.

<my personal rant>
I somehow don't get it why they stick to the genre (rock) tune wise and in singing too. The genre can show up in orchestration and arrangement, but I prefer the tune to be indian, this is what puts me off. I also feel, it's better to leave this type of genres to them who are better than us and let us keep concentrating on our stuff.
</my personal rant>

Sunil_M88
14th December 2010, 05:14 AM
I was expecting a Gal Mitthi Mitthi (my most favorite of Amit)

+1

VENKIRAJA
18th December 2010, 03:11 PM
Dilli is brilliant. Sounds even better on dedicated players and nice earphones. ebbect-ukke loop-la kekkalam! ;)

Nerd
20th December 2010, 08:42 PM
In Rediff's Top 5 soundtracks of the year there are three Amit T soundtracks :2thumbsup:

http://www.rediff.com/movies/slide-show/slide-show-1-best-bollywood-soundtracks-of-2010/20101220.htm

My favorites are NOKJ, Aisha and Udaan in that order. Admissions open is missing from the list and Roshni from that album is my Amit T song of the year. Fantastic choice of instruments and arrangement. Very addictive.

KV
29th April 2011, 02:39 PM
:Ottrakuchi takings: : dhoosi thattings:
Amit's latest project 'I Am' (dir by Onir) releases today. Music was out some two weeks back and it features 3 MDs. Though I'm not sure of the exact credits, only the first song 'Baagur jaisi' seems to be by Amit (at least, that's how it sounds to me. None of the other songs are that impressive either).
Well, nothing swashbuckling, but some trademark Amit, quality work on the electric guitar, harmonium and acoustic drums (kickass interlude, but the lead gives a yengayo-kEta feeling, Floyd? Purple?).