PDA

View Full Version : || Jhootha Hi Sahi | Abbas Tyrewala | John Abraham ||

Pages : 1 [2]

raghavendran
22nd October 2010, 03:41 PM
but the writing is flaccid and the prime reason why the film fails to register an impact.

:(

sathya_1979
22nd October 2010, 03:47 PM
nalla vELai, naan paakkalaamnu irundhEn. Escape!

A.ANAND
22nd October 2010, 06:18 PM

Enppa ellarum intha ottam odareengga! :lol:

ajaybaskar
22nd October 2010, 06:19 PM
Pakhi thaan pakki maadhiri irukkaannu oru forumla paathen.

sathya_1979
22nd October 2010, 06:31 PM

Enppa ellarum intha ottam odareengga! :lol:
enakku gindhi theriyaadhunga. Lagaan maadhiri padamna paathudalaam, language theriyaattiyum. Idhu conversational movie nu vEra solraanga. enakku ennaththa puriya pOgudhu?

A.ANAND
22nd October 2010, 06:33 PM
pochu! oru masterpiece album vazhakkam pola waste aachu! :cry3:

MADDY
22nd October 2010, 06:45 PM

what was abbas trying there with her in casting :x

sathya_1979
22nd October 2010, 06:52 PM

cost cutting?

Mahen
22nd October 2010, 07:51 PM
Padam mokkai pola... :oops: Still gona watch it :)

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/movies/review/14072/index.html

Director Abbas Tyrewala has filmed a number of sequences impeccably, but the writing is flaccid and the prime reason why the film fails to register an impact. Rahman's music is of the fast-forward variety and that's all the more surprising since the duo [Rahman and Tyrewala] had come up with a winning score in JAANE TU YA JAANE NA

:twisted:

Blaady taran..fast fwd-vA? :twisted: Some songs you just want it going on and on esp when its picturized against the backdrop of London bridge etc

Mahen
22nd October 2010, 07:53 PM

cost cutting?

She acted well but was way too old for the role..she looked mid 30s :( But shes sweet looking :)

sathya_1979
22nd October 2010, 07:54 PM

cost cutting?

She acted well but was way too old for the role..she looked mid 30s :( But shes sweet looking :)
modhalla mallika, ippo Pakhi, route changing is bad. Tammu paavam

Mahen
22nd October 2010, 07:55 PM
Never...Tammu for eternity

MADDY
22nd October 2010, 08:00 PM
how was the movie Mahen?

Mahen
22nd October 2010, 08:07 PM
typing..wait :) not posting on this thread..check indian films section in a bit

SoftSword
22nd October 2010, 08:19 PM
dont tell me that this movie is disappointing :shaking:

Mahen
22nd October 2010, 08:28 PM
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2273968#2273968

SS, not that bad actually..parkalam

Mahen
22nd October 2010, 08:35 PM
oh my god..Pakhi is Tyrewala's wife :shock: almost had an heart attack

SoftSword
22nd October 2010, 08:46 PM
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2273968#2273968

SS, not that bad actually..parkalam
naama parkalama'nradhu mukkiyam illa...
yaerkanava northies... rahman did not deliver for cwg'nu sollitu irukkanga... idhula indha padam vera sodhappuna, he has lost itnu solradhukku oru koottam wait pannitu iruku...
idhellaamae nalladhukkudhaanu edutthukittaalum... kandavan pechayum kaettutu dhaan aduttha levelkku poganumanu nenakkirappo varutthamaa irukku... :(

Ramakrishna
22nd October 2010, 09:33 PM
Barring a mediocre climax, pretty decent movie. Songs, BGM work out superbly.
Maddy had a role :shock: Never knew that. Turned out to be a sappai as usual though.

SoftSword
22nd October 2010, 09:38 PM
ram sema veriyoda first day first show patthiruppa pola... enjoy...

padam workout aaguma agadha.. adha sollu...

Ramakrishna
22nd October 2010, 09:43 PM
you mean in BO? Can't say. Saw it in Mayajaal, hardly 10 ppl in the hall.
Padam slow-aa thaan pogum. Has a lot of funny moments. I liked it.

raghavendran
23rd October 2010, 08:57 AM
Barring a mediocre climax, pretty decent movie. Songs, BGM work out superbly.
Maddy had a role :shock: Never knew that. Turned out to be a sappai as usual though.u mean R.MADHAVAN :shock:

raghavendran
23rd October 2010, 09:00 AM
its high time that arr start choosing films based on its script and not directors...shabaa mudiyale :(

Mahen
23rd October 2010, 09:35 AM
its high time that arr start choosing films based on its script and not directors...shabaa mudiyale :(

:notthatway: Mani (ravanan),GM(vtv) and shankar(endhiran) ellam marunthupocha :roll: Intha screw/tyre ellam vittutu, stick to his regular directors(include GM,exclude SJS)

ARR should focus on Kollywood and HOllywood :D Bollywood ellam free time iruntha pannalam :lol: Bollywood is not ready for his type much of music..JHS is a good example :)

Ramakrishna
23rd October 2010, 01:05 PM

JHS is not a bad choice actually. Music is very good. Movie is not bad.

Ramakrishna
23rd October 2010, 01:09 PM
No way, he shouldn't stick to regular directors. I agree with Raghav that he should do movies based on scripts and not directors, new combos must be welcome. Just that JHS is not a bad choice.

Intha screw/tyre ellam vittutu, stick to his regular directors(include GM,exclude SJS)

ARR should focus on Kollywood and HOllywood :D Bollywood ellam free time iruntha pannalam :lol: Bollywood is not ready for his type much of music..JHS is a good example :)

Mahen
23rd October 2010, 02:11 PM

JHS is not a bad choice actually. Music is very good. Movie is not bad.

Ram, his music is being ripped apart by critics...My heart bleeds when i read the reviews of JHS..Bollywood is not ready for his music..Kollywood is more open to accept his experimentation :)

Ramakrishna
23rd October 2010, 02:17 PM
You know what? Even Endhiran was ripped apart when it first released. Even now, i am not sure if the music is that big a hit overall barring 1 or 2 songs.

Mahen
23rd October 2010, 03:08 PM
You know what? Even Endhiran was ripped apart when it first released. Even now, i am not sure if the music is that big a hit overall barring 1 or 2 songs.

Enna kamedy pannuringe..Endhiran was a huge hit..Robot thann flop

A.ANAND
23rd October 2010, 03:23 PM

:yes: :exactly:

A.ANAND
23rd October 2010, 03:32 PM
oru padam fail aana odane avara othukka mudiyathu.nichayam thalaivar ennoru chance abbas-ikku kodukalam!

but bollywood-ikku periya kumbidu pottu, thalaivar eppa kollywood ikku therumbi vararo,appathan nalla kaalam vidiyum namakku!

pothumda sami bollywood![avanggalluku dholak than raasi ippa]

Ramakrishna
23rd October 2010, 04:49 PM

I have heard comments like Enthiran songs are boring, rombo sumaar here in chennai. Ofcourse, there are people who like the songs as well. My point is there are people of both kinds in North as well as South. When there are directors who are interested in working with ARR, why not give them a chance, provided ARR likes working with them. They are hindi directors nu solli refuse panrathu foolishness. Mind you, ARR doesn't write lyrics. He creates music which doesn't depend on language.

Mahen
23rd October 2010, 06:44 PM

I have heard comments like Enthiran songs are boring, rombo sumaar here in chennai. Ofcourse, there are people who like the songs as well. My point is there are people of both kinds in North as well as South. When there are directors who are interested in working with ARR, why not give them a chance, provided ARR likes working with them. They are hindi directors nu solli refuse panrathu foolishness. Mind you, ARR doesn't write lyrics. He creates music which doesn't depend on language.

Whats that for? I have already said Endhiran songs massive hit and robot flop..Endhiran is still ruling the charts for your info..

Once again, im telling Bollywood is not ready for his type of music..they still prefer Punjabi bale bale kinda songs..if ur not getting my point, freeya vidunga..Just wait for VTV hindi...and see how they respond to it..everyone knows how we responded to vtv..so lets wait...antha time, hope you understand what i was trying to convey..

A.ANAND
23rd October 2010, 07:07 PM

Whats that for? I have already said Endhiran songs massive hit and robot flop..Endhiran is still ruling the charts for your info..

Once again, im telling Bollywood is not ready for his type of music..they still prefer Punjabi bale bale kinda songs..if ur not getting my point, freeya vidunga..Just wait for VTV hindi...and see how they respond to it..everyone knows how we responded to vtv..so lets wait...antha time, hope you understand what i was trying to convey..

good point mahen! :thumbsup: same thought! :D

Ramakrishna
23rd October 2010, 07:08 PM
The bold part. What are you saying? ARR is not someone who is new to Bollywood. 95-liye Bollywood la start panni hit mela hit kuduthaachu. ippo vanthu they are not ready-nu solreenga? Do you mean to say he is not popular in Bollywood? Do you mean to say Hindi audience have rejected ARR?

Mahen
23rd October 2010, 07:24 PM
ok...should have mentioned it clearer..what i meant was his new style of composing..After JTYJN, all his albums have not become popular in North..Some are critically acclaimed, but the people are not really impressed with it..Those days, when an ARR album releases(Hindi only), automatically it will top the charts, but i dont see that anymore...Sajid/SEL/Pritam/Vishal oda songs thaan top aguthu ippo...But Tamil-le, no chance..whenever his album releases, within a week no1 slot :) no changes since 1992 8-)

A.ANAND
23rd October 2010, 07:40 PM
The bold part. What are you saying? ARR is not someone who is new to Bollywood. 95-liye Bollywood la start panni hit mela hit kuduthaachu. ippo vanthu they are not ready-nu solreenga? Do you mean to say he is not popular in Bollywood? Do you mean to say Hindi audience have rejected ARR?

rama,mahen antha point-la solla varala.we know that arr trend setter in bollywood still now,but robo movie kind of music nichayam antha audience -ikku suit aagala!may robo hindi-la direct-ta panni iruntha result vera mathiri irukkalam.its just dubbing from tamil to hindi.but nowdays not hindi audiance rejected ARR but NI media-than etha pannalum negative-va react pannarangga!JHS song-ikku enna kura??

but see how the review from media??totally biased!ippadiye pona thalaivar nilama in bollywood-la dangerius than.media nenacha orathana thooki veppan,avanggalukku ottu pogala innu sonna,irukira edam theriyama poga vendiyathuthan.very dangerius this media guy!

Ramakrishna
23rd October 2010, 07:57 PM
Mahen and Anand,

Tamil-la ARR albums flop aanathey illainu solreenglaa?
Yuvan, Harris, GVP, why even DSP songs ellaam bayangara hit aaguthu, sometimes even over ARR's songs. Enthiran mattum vechikittu pesakoodaathu

Media elllaa oorliyum kuppathaan boss.

A.ANAND
23rd October 2010, 08:22 PM
enna rama sare :lol: tamil-la arr album flop aanathe illa innu yaaru sir sonna???thalaivar tamil-la padam pannarathey periya vishayama irukku ippa.appadiye pannalum 2 varusham wait panna vendiyatha irukku.hit songs kodukarathu periya vishayam illa sir!nalla music-ka kodukanum..verum hit music kodukanum inna 3 muqbla,3 urvasi,4 columbas,2 arbic kadaloram,5 chaiyya pottu poik kittu irukalam!

NI media vida, namma ooru media karpil siranthavargal!

sunnyg
23rd October 2010, 08:28 PM
Guys

I get a feeling that folks (read reporters/writers) in Bollywood are jealous of ARR and want to bring him down.

They seem to take extra pleasure in berating this man and his music.

JHS is a very good musically. I see no reason for the reviewers to trash the music.

I have personally thought that ARR has got it right more often in Hindi than Tamil - all songs are memorable in a hindi movie. Same cannot be said of tamil.

It was a mistake to dub Enthiran songs to hindi. All the songs have a very south indian feel - its probably so for all Shankar movies. Enthiran songs are chartbusters in the south (including Telugu). I did say they lack soul but I have watched the movie and love the songs after that.

ARR should have taken care, keeping his image in mind, to tweak the hindi songs to have a more north indian feel. But thats ok.

Wait for him to come back with a BANG and shut these reviewers up.

Or else, just focus on Hollywood. He has conquered tamil and hindi movie world! Time for him to move on and focus on Hollywood.

Sunny G.

Ramakrishna
23rd October 2010, 08:35 PM
enna rama sare :lol: tamil-la arr album flop aanathe illa innu yaaru sir sonna???thalaivar tamil-la padam pannarathey periya vishayama irukku ippa.appadiye pannalum 2 varusham wait panna vendiyatha irukku.hit songs kodukarathu periya vishayam illa sir!nalla music-ka kodukanum..verum hit music kodukanum inna 3 muqbla,3 urvasi,4 columbas,2 arbic kadaloram,5 chaiyya pottu poik kittu irukalam!

ippo thaan neenga en vazhikku vanthirukkeenga. So, you yourself say giving hit songs is not that important anymore. So, why are we bothered about North Indian people not accepting?

A.ANAND
23rd October 2010, 09:39 PM
Mahen and Anand,

Yuvan, Harris, GVP, why even DSP songs ellaam bayangara hit aaguthu, sometimes even over ARR's songs. Enthiran mattum vechikittu pesakoodaathu

rama, ethu venumunalum tharalama argiue panni kongga!but don't compare any halfbaked md's witha arr!enna porutta varaikkum arr music like theivathukku padaitha 'ponggal' mathiri!theater-la vikkara 'popcorn'oda compare pannatheenga!

Mahen
23rd October 2010, 09:53 PM
Mahen and Anand,

No..naan ravanan/VTV serthu vechikutti pesiren :) Three albums are not the usual run of the mill songs..all three are different and well received by the masses

A.ANAND
23rd October 2010, 10:12 PM
Mahen and Anand,

No..naan ravanan/VTV serthu vechikutti pesiren :) Three albums are not the usual run of the mill songs..all three are different and well received by the masses

well said mahen!it's true [itha munname naan solliten]

vtv- love story

raavanan - something unusual story with tamilcinema

enthiran - s.fiction

ippadi veraity-ya vera entha md-ikku ippadi oru vaippu varum??
he done, his best :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

enna onnu, too much experimental..

Ramakrishna
23rd October 2010, 10:35 PM
rama, ethu venumunalum tharalama argiue panni kongga!but don't compare any halfbaked md's witha arr!enna porutta varaikkum arr music like theivathukku padaitha 'ponggal' mathiri!theater-la vikkara 'popcorn'oda compare pannatheenga!

Naan compare pannathu recent hits-a vechu. Not based on quality.

A.ANAND
24th October 2010, 05:41 PM
Jhootha Hi Sahi BGM

1. John Really "loves" krutika. In this one john is trying to fool himself
that he loves krutika instead of Mishka

http://www.mediafire.com/?9wpv8xmmo1462u6

2. This the Jazz genre theme...I dont remeber in which part of the film this
BGM is played..but it is a REALLY nice one...it sounds kind of like the
James Bond kind...not same but reminds u of 007!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xwld25b57t20f8u/Jazz%20Theme%28007%20kind%29.mp3

3. This BGM is played in a Chinese restraunt when john takes mishka to
dinner and krutika is also there and Raghu is trying to distract her and get
her away from John and Mishka....
This is also a very good one...fun kind...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tt4uzkqkdkotjin/Chinese%20Restrauant.mp3

4. This the more emotional kind of BGM but nice...this one also forgot when
the BGM is used!:P

http://www.mediafire.com/file/35rrm17fjeeq270/The%20one%20u%20trust.mp3

5. This one is THE BEST BGM OF THE WHOLE MOVIE..dont miss it...
> this is where Jhon runs after mishka to say i love you...typical bollywood
> movie style!!
FANTASTIC, AMAZING, INDESCRIBABLE!!...no words for describing this beauty!
I combined 3 parts into one for convinience sake..so there are 2 parts where
the sound breaks..

http://www.mediafire.com/file/obf6318ig8l0gd5/Running%20after%20Mishka%201.mp3

-arryg

A.ANAND
25th October 2010, 08:11 AM
my thought,if JHS album mathri pakka-va tamil-la vantha really gift to tamil makkal!

raghavendran
25th October 2010, 09:03 AM
the title track was the pick,.internantional standard..vijay yesudas :clap:

MADDY
25th October 2010, 02:20 PM
movie was good but its just that Abbas let the pedal of the accelerator couple of times and last 30 mins were waste - seriously............john did a fabulous job but pakhi was a real turn off - she was like our koundamani giving romantic looks :lol: ........but the dialogues, characterisation, setting up mileu and ofcourse the plot points were very good.......cant believe pakhi could write so well too :P ........some of the dialogues were mindblowing

kuthhika: people who call before committing suicides are just attention seekers :clap: //// thats completely against the theme of the movie and it takes a good writer to analyse his own writing and deliver it through one of the character.....

the knot was a bit simple and it couldnt last long.........it should have been a much shorter film with all songs played fully - Rahman is the real hero of the film......cant imagine the movie without the songs and BGM.......song picturisation and embedding them into narration was excellent.......there was only one badly written character and that went to R.Madhavan - with bad make up and OMG the typical hindi villain type :lol: ........it was good to see madhavan do 2 villain roles this year, firsts in his career :) ........

hopefully movie does well and AR works with Abbas in his next too :D

Mahen
25th October 2010, 06:39 PM
Padam flop maddy :) dont have too much hopes..btw, for me John was horrible and pakhi was ok :)

MADDY
27th October 2010, 06:57 PM
Box Office: Jhootha Hi Sahi takes lead over Raktha Charitra, Hisss & Dus Tola

http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=17144

ajaybaskar
27th October 2010, 06:59 PM
Super..

MADDY
27th October 2010, 07:06 PM
negative news ellam kazhichittu adha mattum potten :P

break-even aana romba sandhosham :)

A.ANAND
28th October 2010, 06:13 PM
"And pray we will for a day not to come, when Rahman lets any of this noise bother him, because he knows that for every 20 Tutejas and Adarshs, there are 2 million of us who value his music beyond the biased opinions forced upon us."

-arryg

slperson1
29th October 2010, 07:09 AM
anyone know where i can get the deluxe edition of jhootha hi sahi? someone said saregama.com but when i went there they don't have a buy option for the deluxe edition.

A.ANAND
29th October 2010, 08:07 AM
One of the Worst Opening in US for Jhootha Hi Sahiindiglamour [Thu, Oct 28, 2010]

The USA opening for the film Jhootha Hi Sahi was definitely one of the most anticipated one by the director Abbas Tyrewala. However, thanks to the kind of bad reviews that were all over the net for the film along with a bad soundtrack given by AR Rahman, the film has not been able to do anything really nice to the box office, and thanks to the good performance of Viviek Oberoi at the box office with his new film Rakta Charitra the overall box office has turned to that direction. The tenancy of the film in the US was very low and there was a bad opening in the UK as well.

The average sum of money from 23 screens around UK was about ? 8,657 with an average per screen coming to ?376. In the US the news is not much better. Thanks to the film?s bad publicity the expecting American audience has opted for a film like Rakta Charitra rather than this film. This is the reason why the film has got really low ratings and has not been appreciated at the box all that much.

http://www.indiglamour.com/article/Hindi/One-of-the-Worst-Opening-in-US-for-Jhootha-Hi-Sahi201010.html

sathya_1979
29th October 2010, 08:23 AM
For how many other movies these article writers mention abt Sound Tracks prominently? :think:

satissh_r
29th October 2010, 10:04 AM
anyone know where i can get the deluxe edition of jhootha hi sahi? someone said saregama.com but when i went there they don't have a buy option for the deluxe edition.

I ordered it from the Saregama site only, they delivered it in 3 days to Chennai. Saregama site is blocked in office so I'll try and send you the link tonight.

ajaybaskar
29th October 2010, 01:00 PM
It is available in Landmark, Chennai.

satissh_r
29th October 2010, 08:18 PM
If you want to buy it online:

http://www.saregama.com/portal/pages/music.jsp#album_home

There is a link for premium packs and when you click on it, you can find JHS priced at RS 225

sathya_1979
24th November 2010, 09:36 PM
can somebody post the lyrics of Cry Cry, Do Nishaniyan and Hello hello (Typed in Englees)?

littlemaster1982
24th November 2010, 10:39 PM
Cry Cry

rote kaahe ko hum hain, rote kaahe ko hum?
hona hai jo ho, sad hote kaahe ko hum?

cry cry itna cry karte hain kaahe ko?
itna darte hain kaahe ko?
pal pal marte kaahe ko?
why why aisa why wesa kiyun hota?
yun hota to kya hota?
jo hota hai woh hota
fly fly baby fly, dekhain yaan urr ke
dekhain baadal se jurr ke
dekhain phir na murr murr ke
haan raaton ko na sote kaahe ko?

pal pal marte kaahe ko?

chaar pal ka hai saanson ka qissa
kitna hai hissa is mein aansuon ka, soch lo tum
bachpan bhi tha aik, ek boorha sa pal
kis ne dekha kal, to is pal ki qeemat jorr lo tum

baatain teri theek lagti hain
raatain kiyun hamaari jagti hain
haan laatain hum kiyun na maarain beeti baaton ko
bhoolun main to mujh ko lagaana tum ek chaanta
chubh jaey to kheench lena kaanta
no, no, no, no...
poochun main jo tum se kabhi ke kiyun kiyun daanta
dena phir se aik aur chaanta
kabhi nahi, kabhi nahi

pal pal marte kaahe ko?
why why aisa why wesa kiyun hota?
yun hota to kya hota?
jo hota hai woh hota
fly fly baby fly, dekhain yaan urr ke
dekhain baadal se jurr ke
dekhain phir na murr murr ke

Do Nishaniyan

ek dor se bandhi kese do kahaniyan
ek taar se jurr gaiin kese yeh do zindaganiyan
is phone ke saaz par meri aawaaz bhar mujh pe hansti hai khamoshiyan
mere chehre ki do nishaniyan, mere chehre ki do nishaniyan

kis ki nawazish huwi rookhi si zindagi par
halki si baarish huwi sookhi si zindagi par
hai khauf ke na churaa le koi kal
mere aasmaan se yeh chori ke baadal
churaey so yun meherbaniyan
mere chehre ki do nishaniyan

maana ke naazil nahi hona tha yeh farishta
maana ke haasil na hona tha ham ko yeh rishta
lagi khoobsurat mujhe ab Khuda tu
farishte se mere na karna juda tu
mita de yeh bad-gumaniyan
mere chehre ki do nishaniyan

ek dor se bandhi kese do kahaniyan
ek taar se jurr gaiin kese yeh do zindaganiyan
is phone ke saaz par meri aawaaz bhar mujh pe hansti hai khamoshiyan

Hello Hello

hello hello... hello hello...
is andheri kaali raat mein koi
sune to sunaey haal-e-dil pe haal-e-zindagi
koi jawaab do na
jeene ko khuwaab do na
ek dost ka hai chehra
ya phir naqaab do na

telephone ki is dor se bandhi meri zindagi
koi khol do, bas torr do, mein choot jaaoun abhi
mujhe chorr do, mujhe thaam lo
kho jaane do, mera naam lo
sab theek hai, hojaeyga
is jhoot se ab kaam lo

is andheri kaali raat mein koi
sune to sunaey haal-e-dil pe haal-e-zindagi
hello hello...

kaante ghari ke chubh rahe, aur dil hai yeh andhera
is se bachain to phir dikhe shaayad naya sawera
mujh se zara baatain karo
halke zara raatain karo
sooraj ki pehli kirnon se
meri zindagi ko bharo

koi jawaab do na
jeene ko khuwaab do na
ek dost ka hai chehra
ya phir naqaab do na

sathya_1979
25th November 2010, 08:16 AM
:ty: Master!

Sunil_M88
12th January 2011, 11:38 PM
[tscii:b6a199101b]<font face="bold, geneva, helvetica, arial" size=+2>"I owe Pakhi an apology" - Abbas Tyrewala</font></a>

2010 was a year of much learning and sobering for writer-turned-director Abbas Tyrewala. After the debacle of Jhootha Hi Sahi, he has decided to never, yes NEVER, make a romantic film again.

Says the disenchanted director, "Everyone has romance within himself. So do I. But everyone has a sense of humour too. It doesn't mean you should make a comedy. After Jhootha Hi Sahi, I never want to return to the rom-com. It's just not my scene."

Abbas' next will be a dark noire thriller occupying a more cerebral head-space and using actors from a different generation. "I'm writing a dark espionage thriller which would take me as far away from the romantic genre as creatively possible. The rom-com limits your choice of actors. I want to do a film with Naseeruddin Shah, Ratna Shah, Paresh Rawal…those wonderful actors bring in their own wisdom, maturity and wit with them. I don't want to be doing films that restrict me to the youth market."

Abbas feels that the budget did Jhootha Hi Sahi in. "We can go on doing a post-mortem. But the fact is, when we started the film, a budget of Rs. 30 crores didn't seem exorbitant for a film whose director had Jaane Tu...Ya Jaane Na behind him, producer (Madhu Mantena) had Ghajini and the leading man was fresh from two hits Dostana and New York. Then suddenly 2010 became the year of the bloodbath. Suddenly films with a budget of Rs 80-100-120 crores began to bomb. We were suddenly seen as being self-indulgent. I've realized the hard way that cost-effectiveness is all-important."

Regarding his wife Pakhi's insipid debut Abbas takes full responsibility. "If people said she looked like an aunty in the film I am to blame completely. I was trying an aspirational style with her. I am the one who thought she should dress up a particular way as she was playing a suicidal character. I'd constantly reject chic clothes for her and opt for the more matter-of-fact dresses. I now realize that dressing up a suicidal character in non-glamorous clothes is suicidal for a film. If Pakhi did not come across as dynamic and beautiful then I failed. I was just too close to her to direct her objectively."

Abbas advises directors in love to stay away from behind the camera when their loved ones are acting. "I owe Pakhi an apology. And I owe myself and my producer Madhu Mantena a successful film."

Abbas completely discards the rumour that he'd be working with his Jaane Tu...Ya Jaane Na star Imran Khan again.

"Like I told you I am going into the mature older bracket of actors. Imran and I continue to be friends. But I don't see us working together in the near future."

souce: http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/features/2011/01/12/7009/index.html[/tscii:b6a199101b]

Scale
13th January 2011, 01:42 PM
ada paavame padatha pathi oru post kooda illai. paarkalaama? someone tell me.

I was terrified with the initial response so I didnt watch this.

//Like I told you I am going into the mature older bracket of actors//

Good! I liked NS-RPS & Khan brothers part in JTYJN. Overall a good debut. If he does something like that I would definetly watch irrespective of the MD. Both album songs are great.

Sunil_M88
22nd January 2011, 10:53 PM
You can listen to the bgm of JHS here (http://soundcloud.com/jhsbgm).