PDA

View Full Version : || Jhootha Hi Sahi | Abbas Tyrewala | John Abraham ||

Pages : [1] 2

Ramakrishna
3rd January 2009, 09:50 PM
A.R RAHMAN is all set to compose for Abbas Tyrewala's next romantic comedy called ' 1-800 love' starring John Abraham.

Can't give you much info abt it.

SOURCE : TODAY'S [NOV 12, 2008] HT CAFE, JOHN ABRAHAM'S INTERVIEW, 1st page

Excerpt from the interview
Q.) What about Abbas Tyrewala's 1-800 which is said to be inspired by the toll free helplines in the U.S.?

John Abraham -- That one is signed and sealed. We start shooting next year...May, June, July in Boston. It's a romantic comedy with music by A.R. Rahman.

Ramakrishna
3rd January 2009, 09:51 PM
John to romance Abbas's wife in 1-800-LOVE
Riding high on the super-success of JAANE TU... YA JAANE NA, Abbas Tyrewala is all set to start his next film, titled 1-800-LOVE, which will be produced by Madhu Mantena, one of the producers of GHAJINI.

Abbas' wife Pakhi has penned the script of this romantic-comedy (she was the casting director of JAANE TU... YA JAANE NA). John Abraham has already been signed for the lead role.

Now here's the latest development! Pakhi, who has penned the script, will also play the leading lady opposite John in this film.

"When Pakhi narrated the script to John, all of us felt that no one else would understand and relate to the role better than Pakhi. That's how all of us suggested that Pakhi should act in the film as well.

She needed time to think about it. A few days later, she replied in the affirmative, " Madhu Mantena informs.

Now that's a novel casting indeed, what say? 1-800-LOVE is expected to take off early next year!

www.memsaab.com/1-800-love

Ramakrishna
3rd January 2009, 09:51 PM
John Abraham has got hold of a winner in his hands
John- lead actor and co-Producer of "1-800-Love'
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, October 30,2008]

Although a film can be called as a hit only after its triumph at the box office, when the immensely talented Abbas Tyrewala is the man who is the creator of a project and with a great track record, the fate of a film made by him can be predicted to a great extent.

After the stupendous success of 'Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na' , every one is looking forward to his next film titled as '1-800-Love'.

And John Abraham has not only given his nod to act in the film but after hearing the story got so interested that he wanted to associate himself with the project more intimately by becoming a co-producer.

So now the movie has three producers in Abbas Tyrewala, Madhu. K. and John Abraham.

The story of '1-800-Love' was inspired from the toll-free phone numbers in U.S.A.

The production of the movie will start next year at Boston and will be completed in a single schedule

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/42644.html

Ramakrishna
3rd January 2009, 09:53 PM
Abbas Tyrewala's 1-800-Love to go on floors in May
MUMBAI: Abbas Tyrewala's directorial debut Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na, which released last year, met with much success at the box office. After this huge success, Tyrewala is working on his second directorial film titled 1-800-Love which is scheduled to go on floors in May, 2009 in Boston.
The first shooting schedule will be spread over three months. The script has been written by Tyrewala's wife Pakhi, who will also be essaying the lead role in 1-800-Love and is a romantic comedy. John Abraham has been paired opposite Pakhi. The music is by A R Rahman. The movie is being produced by Saregama India and is being made on a tentative budget of $10 million.
Speaking to Businessofcinema.com, producer Madhu Mantena says, "The script is currently being fine-tuned. We are starting the shoot in May and would ideally want to finish the shooting in one schedule."
Source:http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=11339

MADDY
4th January 2009, 10:31 AM
:bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump:

in hindi, upcoming movies' directors - abbas tyrewala, raykesh mehra, maniratnam - pramadham thalaivare :bow:

thineshan54321
7th January 2009, 01:02 AM
so i guess this is the next hindi film after blue?

ajaybaskar
18th April 2009, 06:48 AM
Look! Who was in town

By Subhash K Jha
Posted On Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 02:18:49 AM

Ever since his spectacular win at the Oscar's, ace music composer AR Rahman has been shying away from the public glare and had gone into a self-imposed hibernation in Chennai. Rahman's sabbatical has come to an end now, with him getting back to composing music in a big way.

All of last week he was engaged in music sessions with director Abbas Tyrewala for his next film 1-800-Love.

Rahman not only managed to complete the entire score for Blue, which had been pending for quite some time now, but also sneaked out of Chennai to Delhi on Monday afternoon to visit the Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah. He then flew to Mumbai yesterday to record a song for Tyrewala's 1-800-Love. With that taken care of, he headed for a long delayed trip to the US.

1-800-Love producer Madhu Mantena said, "Abbas wanted the music of our film to take off before Rahman took off. So he specially requested him to fly to the US via Mumbai." The song sung by Adnan Sami was recorded in utmost secrecy so that Rahman could be out of Mumbai and the country, even before the city woke up to his presence.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/2009041620090416021848783be80597c/Look-Who-was-in-town.html[/b]

ajaybaskar
3rd October 2009, 07:56 PM
Hollywood director Michael Gracey is shooting the songs for 1-800 Love - Abbas Tyrewala

Abbas Tyrewala is back from London after a long 40-day schedule of 1-800 Love. But the cast and crew will once again be going back to the Queen's Land to shoot the songs with Hollywood director Michael Gracey. Abbas is currently shooting some portions of the film in Mumbai. He says, "After a hectic schedule in London, we started shooting in Mumbai, with a two day break in between. The shoot in Mumbai will go on till mid -October. We will then probably go back as soon as I get the dates in place. The entire movie is based in London city and we have shot one song and two are still remaining." He continues, "The song was choreographed by Hollywood director Michael Gracey. He is superb with his work and always wanted to do a Bollywood film. He has done an amazing job with the songs and I am looking forward to shoot the other remaining songs with him." Speaking about a song, he adds, "It will have the lead pair of John and Pakhi, along with the ensemble cast which makes it 8 of them. It has a different get up in connection to the character. Everyone wants to see John as a hunk, but in this song he will be in a different avatar with relation to his character." Abbas Tyrewala has also penned the lyrics for his movie, having music of Oscar winner music director A R Rahman. The director has also done the lyrics for the upcoming film Blue.

http://www.musicmaza.com/news-detail/Bollywood_News/-%22Hollywood-director-Michael-Gracey-is-shooting-the-songs-for-1_800-Love%22-_-Abbas-Tyrewala.html

Appu s
25th November 2009, 08:37 PM
http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=14957

Abbas Tyrewalla's film 1-800-Love is complete except for a song, which will be shot around March - April in London.

Currently Tyrewalla is busy with the post production work on the film. Plans are to release the film by July 2010. Post release, the writer-director is planning to join hands with Madhu Mantena and co-produce films.

Speaking to Businessofcinema.com he said, "Now that 1-800-Love is complete, I have not really planned on directing my next film. Madhu and I will be finalizing some good directors to direct films for our company. Until I plan my next film, I want to be a creative producer and produce good films."

1-800-Love, which is produced by Saregama India, stars Tyrewala's wife Pakhi and John Abraham in the lead roles

dinesh2002
25th November 2009, 10:46 PM
http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=14957

Abbas Tyrewalla's film 1-800-Love is complete except for a song, which will be shot around March - April in London.

Currently Tyrewalla is busy with the post production work on the film. Plans are to release the film by July 2010. Post release, the writer-director is planning to join hands with Madhu Mantena and co-produce films.

Speaking to Businessofcinema.com he said, "Now that 1-800-Love is complete, I have not really planned on directing my next film. Madhu and I will be finalizing some good directors to direct films for our company. Until I plan my next film, I want to be a creative producer and produce good films."

1-800-Love, which is produced by Saregama India, stars Tyrewala's wife Pakhi and John Abraham in the lead roles

post production around 8-9 months va? :shock: yen ipadi ?

ajaybaskar
14th July 2010, 06:42 PM
Mods,

Pls change the title to 'Call me dil'.

littlemaster1982
14th July 2010, 06:54 PM
Source :twisted:

ajaybaskar
14th July 2010, 06:56 PM
All over the net... :evil:

raghavendran
14th July 2010, 07:32 PM
thrd 1st time paakren... :thumbsup:

littlemaster1982
14th July 2010, 07:33 PM
All over the net... :evil:

Post pannunga. Appadhan maatthuven :P

ajaybaskar
14th July 2010, 08:33 PM
http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=37751

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/bollywood/features/2010/john-aamir-role-model-060710.html

satissh_r
24th August 2010, 10:03 PM
Abbas Tyrewala on Twitter:

don't know if the @JhoothaHiSahi album is @arrahman 's gift to me, or my gift to ARR's fans. 8 songs. One remix. Boss in stunning form.

:bluejump: :redjump: :yes:

Yathu
25th August 2010, 04:09 AM
Very high praise indeed. Can't wait to hear it! :D

A.ANAND
25th August 2010, 07:04 AM
Abbas Tyrewala on Twitter:

don't know if the @JhoothaHiSahi album is @arrahman 's gift to me, or my gift to ARR's fans. 8 songs. One remix. Boss in stunning form.

:bluejump: :redjump: :yes:

ippadi usupetti..usupetti ranakalama agiduthu! :lol:

jaaze
27th August 2010, 12:03 AM
Theatrical trailer released on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1582803776322

Has a Couples Retreat-ish feel to it

satissh_r
27th August 2010, 08:11 AM
Theatrical trailer released on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1582803776322

Has a Couples Retreat-ish feel to it

:thumbsup: Thanks Jaaze

MADDY
27th August 2010, 04:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=170PsIvP0DY

has yash chropraish feel to it :shaking:

Yathu
28th August 2010, 06:12 PM
Like the BGM of the trailer. :D

raghavendran
30th August 2010, 09:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=170PsIvP0DY

has yash chropraish feel to it :shaking:esatleee... :cry: ...but even Jaanetu had the same feel(trailer)..but movie was gud..so hoping syame :)

satissh_r
2nd September 2010, 05:07 PM
http://www.facebook.com/JhoothaHiSahi?v=wall&story_fbid=147396071961631#!/video/video.php?v=1591924164326&comments

Here is the 1st song promo :)

MADDY
2nd September 2010, 08:08 PM
as usual onnume puriyala - lots of twists and turns in the tune :P

jaaze
2nd September 2010, 08:12 PM
as usual onnume puriyala - lots of twists and turns in the tune :Pyeah.. the title lead me to think it was a Jaane Tu Meri kinda song

Ramakrishna
2nd September 2010, 11:57 PM
Liked the song promo a lot. AR, way to go. :clap: There may be setbacks, criticisms, but nothing can stop you from doing phenomenal stuff. Take a bow :notworthy:

Sunil_M88
3rd September 2010, 02:13 AM
http://www.facebook.com/JhoothaHiSahi?v=wall&story_fbid=147396071961631#!/video/video.php?v=1591924164326&comments

Here is the 1st song promo :)

Initial beat brings about a vintage Rahman Ji essence and as always Rashid and Shreya sound evergreen. The song doesn't require the need to grow on me but at the same time possesses the longevity factor.

At the rate the promos are coming out, I'm assuming we can expect the audio very soon.

Does anyone have info on the music release?

A.ANAND
3rd September 2010, 06:07 AM
woooow!very simple tune but vert catchy! :D

Ramakrishna
3rd September 2010, 02:18 PM
The lyrics!!! Normally i don't pay a lot of attention to the lyrics irrespective of the language. But these lyrics are simple but quite meaningful & makes you feel good.

MADDY
3rd September 2010, 07:31 PM
The lyrics!!! Normally i don't pay a lot of attention to the lyrics irrespective of the language. But these lyrics are simple but quite meaningful & makes you feel good.

Abbas tyrewala ellam pazham thinnu kotta pottavan - hindi screenwriting/lyric writingla..... :D

raghavendran
3rd September 2010, 08:36 PM

Abbas tyrewala ellam pazham thinnu kotta pottavan - hindi screenwriting/lyric writingla..... :D :lol: :yes:

A.ANAND
4th September 2010, 10:51 AM
Cry.. Cry song english transilation

Male: (Javed Ali)
Hindi:Cry Cry itna cry karte hain kaiko
Eng: Cry is english Cry so, its like asking why do they cry so much
Hindi: itna darte hain kaiko, pal pal marte kai ko
Eng: why do they fear so much, why do they die every moment
Hindi: why why aisa why waisa kyoun hota..youn hota toh kya hota
Eng: why does it happen every time that..if it had happen like this (otherway) what would have happened
Hindi: jo hota hain woh hota
Eng:whatever it had to happen will happen
Hindi: Fly Fly baby fly, dekhein woh udke,
Eng: fly baby fly and should see by flying
Hindi: dekhe baadal se judke, dekhein phir na mud mud ke
Eng:should see (the world) being in the clouds and then they would never look back.
Hindi: rote kaiko hum, hey rote kaiko hum,
Eng:why do we cry hey why do we cry
Hindi: hona hain jo ho sad hote kaiko hum, raaton ko na sote kaiko hum..
Eng:whatever sad had to happen would happen.. So why do we not sleep in the night (or why are we awake during nights?)
Female (Shreya)
Hindi: baatein, tere teekh lagte hain
Eng:Feel your words are correct
Hindi: raatein kyoun hamare jagte hain
Eng: why are we awake during nights
Hindi: halaatein, hum kyoun na maane beete baaton ko
Eng:why dont we forget the past (sad things, maybe)
Hindi: bhooloun main toh mujhko laga na tum eik chanta chub jayega toh kheench lena kaanta
Eng:if I forget this then you can slap me, if there's a thorn then just pluck it out
Male: no no no no no
Eng: no no no
Female:Hindi: poochoun main jo tujhse kabhi ke kyoun kyoun daanta dena na phir se eik aur chaata
Eng: And if I question why you scold me then you can slap me again.
male:Hindi: kabhi nahin .. kabhinahin
Eng: some times No.. never (Hopeful that this is how its been told)

source:arryg

ajaybaskar
4th September 2010, 11:04 AM
This is John's third association with ARR, right?

satissh_r
4th September 2010, 11:16 AM
This is John's third association with ARR, right? Yes, Lakeer and Water is all I seem to remember

seevaa
5th September 2010, 02:09 AM
any idea about the audio release :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

raghavendran
6th September 2010, 09:29 AM
This is John's third association with ARR, right? :banghead: ...johnukkellam ivvolo arr padama?

ajaybaskar
6th September 2010, 06:32 PM
TRACKLISTING???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jhoota_Hi_Sahee#Music

A.ANAND
8th September 2010, 07:19 AM
[tscii:729095a263]Rahman tracks changes
On finding something amiss in the final edit of Abbas Tyrewala's Jhootha Hi Sahi, the composer added two songs to the soundtrack at the very last minute

Kunal.M.Shah

Posted On Wednesday, September 08, 2010 at 02:06:20 AM

Watching the final edit of friend Abbas Tyrewala's Jhootha Hi Sahi, turned out to be dissatisfactory for A R Rahman, who is known for being a perfectionist. The composer found something amiss and made an impromptu decision to record two more songs for the film.

After watching the final edit of the film in Chennai recently, Rahman added one song to be played during the start and end credits of the film and another one that will be the title song of the film. Rahman has now sent the songs to his friend Tyrewala.

When contacted, Tyrewala confirmed the news and said, “Rahman felt that the film needed one song and deserved one song. For me, the album was done and we had seven songs in it but now we have two more making the total number nine.

Abbas Tyrewala

The album will be releasing soon. Rahman felt that for the start and the end titles we should have a romantic track instead of just music. The song has a few English, some Urdu and a few Punjabi lyrics.”

Apparently, Rahman had suggested that the film should have a title track on hearing that the film was called Jhootha Hi Sahi. Tyrewala added,”He said that the film deserved to have a title track. He said, 'I don't care where you use it, whether you use it in the background or not but the film deserves it.' In fact, he was in London at that time.

He booked a studio there and recorded it himself. We finalised the song on the Internet. It's very nice of him to do it since he was in the middle of so many things.”

Coincidentally, Rahman has been busy dealing with the mixed response to his Commonwealth Games 2010 track. Wonder if that is prompting him to be extra careful with Tyrewala’s film? Of course, it could be friendship too.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/201009082010090802062063743d0c81f/Rahman-tracks-changes.html
[/tscii:729095a263]

ajaybaskar
8th September 2010, 12:38 PM
CD Scans

http://picasaweb.google.com/ajaybaskar/JhoothaCDScans?feat=directlink

lancelot
8th September 2010, 12:49 PM
so the songs are out?

ajaybaskar
8th September 2010, 12:51 PM
Shud be out by 17th, if sources r to be believed..

kham
8th September 2010, 03:27 PM
got hold of cry cry full song... simply awesome n smoothing... loving it..

lancelot
8th September 2010, 03:31 PM

may be u could PM us the link and let us also enjoy it :D been humming Cry Cry all day.. although all i know in that song is.. "Cry.. Cry.." hehe

kham
8th September 2010, 03:37 PM

may be u could PM us the link and let us also enjoy it :D been humming Cry Cry all day.. although all i know in that song is.. "Cry.. Cry.." hehe

check ur email..

lancelot
8th September 2010, 03:52 PM

check ur email..

thank you.. thank you.. :D you should have found the song in 2 days time man, its still Ramadan :(

ajaybaskar
8th September 2010, 04:05 PM
PM pls

lancelot
8th September 2010, 04:35 PM
WONDERFUL song!!! has a bit of a Kabhi Kabhi Aditi Zindagi feel to it.. damn super awesome!! hats off to Abbas Tyrewala

rvsarna
8th September 2010, 10:13 PM
cry cry... awesome song!!!! sure wil be a hit!!!!

sathya_1979
8th September 2010, 10:27 PM
PM / Mail pls

baba88
8th September 2010, 11:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74AWTv6tR9w

babu006
8th September 2010, 11:44 PM
PM please :-)

Sunil_M88
9th September 2010, 04:07 AM
This may come across as an overstatement but if someone asked me, what my fav rahman track is, I wouldn't think twice before saying Mel Isaiyae...

The first time I played cry cry the full song, my emotions were bouncing in every angle. For some time now, I also fell in the category of people who underestimated Rahman sir and thought he might not bring competition to Mel Isaiyae or for that matter his early melodious output from 90s and a few sweet tracks from 2000 onwards which were completely drenched in nectar.

Thanks for the song guys and god bless you with a thousand lives hehe

Sorry for stating the obvious but IMO, with this song Rahman sir and Abbas together prove that lyrics and melody can slaughter beats and are far more superior when it comes down to real music. Though I do like the beats as they remind me of Gopala Gopala.

slperson1
9th September 2010, 04:30 AM
Can someone PM me the song?

A.ANAND
9th September 2010, 06:05 AM
[tscii:0ac5134f81]Jhootha Hi Sahi Original Track list

01 – Hello Hello– Sonu Nigam, Chinmayi
02 – Do Nishaniyan (Heartbreak Reprise)– KK
03 – Pam Pa Ra– Adnan Sami, Madhushree(Additional vocals by Benny Dayal)
04 – Do Nishaniyan– Vijay Prakash, Bhargavee Pillai
05 – Maiyya Yashoda (Jamuna mix) – Naresh Iyer, Vasundhara Das, Chinmayi
06 – Call Me Dil – A.R.Rahman
07 – I've Been Waiting – Javed Ali, Blaaze, Lady Kash n' Krissy
08 – Cry Cry – Rashid Ali, Shreya Ghoshal
09 – Maiyya Yashoda (Thames mix)- Cello Instrumental

* Two more additional songs which may feature in the album:

10 - Jhoota Hi Sahee - A.R.Rahman, Reena Bhardwaj
11- Shararath Ho - Kunal Ganjawala, Sunidhi Chauhan

source:arryg
[/tscii:0ac5134f81]

A.ANAND
9th September 2010, 08:51 AM
cry..cry...

ஆஹா....அற்புதம்
:musicsmile:

ajaybaskar
9th September 2010, 10:46 AM
Looks like a very promising album..

Dragun
9th September 2010, 12:10 PM
What I've noticed from JTYJN and the Cry Cry track is that the Tyrewala-ARR songs aren't buried under an avalanche of sound. There's an airiness and simplicity to them that makes them very pleasant to listen to.

ajaybaskar
9th September 2010, 04:44 PM
RT @AbbasTyrewala: for all those who love a.r.rahman, i promise you a gift very soon. all I ask in exchange is the respect it deserves. own

listen as it should be heard. in all its splendour with all its sound, and all the wizardry of a.r.rahman. not downloaded on wanker mp3.

i'm curious. do people realise that mp3 is a weaker, watered down sound? honest... does everyone know its like a low-res video versus HD?

@bezarre yes, nine tracks including a remix and a reprise. its a pretty loaded album, loads of variety, well worth owning I think.

A.ANAND
9th September 2010, 07:04 PM
[tscii:b9c0ea7da0]Saregama's 'Jhootha Hi Sahi' music launch on 17 September

MUMBAI: Music and entertainment label Saregama¡¯s film ¡®Jhootha Hi Sahi¡¯ has its soundtrack composed by Oscar winner AR Rahman, the music maestro who has revolutionized Indian film music.

As we all know, Rahman¡¯s interest and outlook in music stems from his love for experimentation. After dishing out latest hits like Rang De Basanti, Ghajini, Delhi 6, Raavan and the much-acclaimed Slumdog Millionare, the Indian film composer, record producer, musician and singer is all set for the launch of his next project produced by Madhu Mantena.

¡°We will be organising a grand launch of the music. It will be released on the sets of the music show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa on 17 September. AR Rahman, John Abraham, Pakhi, Madhu Mantena and Abbas Tyrewala will be present at the show,¡± revealed Saregama CEO Apurv Nagpal.

The album of the film consists of seven original tracks and two remix versions. ¡°I think this will be Rahman¡¯s best composition till now. Each song has a distinct feel. In fact, it seems like Rahman has created an entirely new genre of music with Jhoota Hi Sahi,¡± added Nagpal.

Saregama is planning for a 360 degree approach for marketing the film as well as its music. Apart from making the film¡¯s music available in all the leading stores, it will be up on Saregama¡¯s website for a hassle-free download. ¡°We will be coming up with a premium CD set with a surprise in it. I would not like to disclose much about it right now but we are coming up with a few unusual and innovative ways to promote the film,¡± he added.

The romantic comedy film ¡®Jhootha Hi Sahi¡¯ casts John Abraham and Abbas Tyrewala¡¯s wife Pakhi. The film is set to release on 15 October.

http://www.radioandmusic.com/content/editorial/news/saregamas-jhootha-hi-sahi-music-launch-17-september[/tscii:b9c0ea7da0]

A.ANAND
9th September 2010, 07:06 PM
Saregama's 'Jhootha Hi Sahi' music launch on 17 September

MUMBAI: Music and entertainment label Saregama¡¯s film ¡®Jhootha Hi Sahi¡¯ has its soundtrack composed by Oscar winner AR Rahman, the music maestro who has revolutionized Indian film music.

As we all know, Rahman¡¯s interest and outlook in music stems from his love for experimentation. After dishing out latest hits like Rang De Basanti, Ghajini, Delhi 6, Raavan and the much-acclaimed Slumdog Millionare, the Indian film composer, record producer, musician and singer is all set for the launch of his next project produced by Madhu Mantena.

¡°We will be organising a grand launch of the music. It will be released on the sets of the music show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa on 17 September. AR Rahman, John Abraham, Pakhi, Madhu Mantena and Abbas Tyrewala will be present at the show,¡± revealed Saregama CEO Apurv Nagpal.

The album of the film consists of seven original tracks and two remix versions. ¡°I think this will be Rahman¡¯s best composition till now. Each song has a distinct feel. In fact, it seems like Rahman has created an entirely new genre of music with Jhoota Hi Sahi,¡± added Nagpal.

Saregama is planning for a 360 degree approach for marketing the film as well as its music. Apart from making the film¡¯s music available in all the leading stores, it will be up on Saregama¡¯s website for a hassle-free download. ¡°We will be coming up with a premium CD set with a surprise in it. I would not like to disclose much about it right now but we are coming up with a few unusual and innovative ways to promote the film,¡± he added. The romantic comedy film ¡®Jhootha Hi Sahi¡¯ casts John Abraham and Abbas Tyrewala¡¯s wife Pakhi. The film is set to release on 15 October.

http://www.radioandmusic.com/content/editorial/news/saregamas-jhootha-hi-sahi-music-launch-17-september[/tscii:35712d008c][/quote]

satissh_r
9th September 2010, 10:33 PM
http://music.ovi.com/in/en/pc/Product/A-R-Rahman/Jhootha-Hi-Sahi/12582444

next sample :)

A.ANAND
10th September 2010, 11:28 AM
woooooooow!so cathcy!!!!ithathan thalavar kitta irunthu naan ethirpaathen! :D :happydance:

mudiyala!!!! :D

Sunil_M88
11th September 2010, 02:37 AM
Rahman composes song in 40 hours

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Rahman-composes-song-in-40-hours/Article1-597590.aspx

Rahman changes tracks

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/music/Rahman-changes-tracks/articleshow/6517300.cms

Sunil_M88
11th September 2010, 09:34 PM
You can hear the full version of Maiyya Yashoda here

http://www.rahmanism.com/2010/09/listen-jhootha-hi-sahi-jhs-mp3-songs.html

Sunil_M88
11th September 2010, 10:41 PM

Goosebumps through and though. It's an easy song on ears but a difficult one to sing.. Hats off to Chinmayi and Javed, especially the climax part :clap:

A.ANAND
12th September 2010, 09:42 AM

thanks sunil ji! :D

woooooow! :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
13th September 2010, 05:01 PM
Track List [Official]

Cry Cry
singers : Rashid Ali, Shreya Ghoshal

Mayya Yeshodha (Jamuna Mix)
singers : Javed Ali, Chinmayi

Hello Hello
singers : Karthik

Do Nishaniyan
singers : Sonu Nigam

Pam Pa Ra
singers : Shreya Ghoshal

I've Been Waiting
singers : Vijay Yesudas

Mayya Yeshodha (Thames mix)
singers : Javed Ali, Chinmayi

Do Nishaniyan (Heartbreak Reprise)
singers : Sonu Nigam

Call Me Dil
singers : Rashid Ali

September 2010

Produced :
Madhu Mantena

Studio :
Cinergy Productions/Tell Tale Pictures

Director :
Abbas Tyrewala

Lyrics :
Abbas Tyrewala

Music :
A.R.Rahman

Stars :
John Abraham and Pakhi Tyrewala

Label :
Saregama

Credits :

Instruments :

Drums & Percussions on 'Pam Pa Ra' :
Sivamani

Bass Guitar :
Keith Peters

Guitars :
Rashid Ali, Sanjeev Thomas

Cello :
Sekar

Flute :
Naveen Kumar, Navin Iyer

Trumpet :
Thomas

Saxaphone :
Martin

Shakers on 'Cry Cry' :
Dinesh Rahate

Additional Vocals :

Pam Pa Ra :
Suzanne D'mello

Do Nishaniyan :
Rishikesh Kamerkar
Thomson Andrews
Neuman Pinto
Bianca Gomes
Dominique Cerejo
Samantha Edwards
Vivienne Pocha
Clinton Cerejo

Hello Hello :
Hentry Kuruvilla

Music Production Assistant :
T. R. Krishna Chetan

Additional Vocal Arrangement on 'Do Nishaniyan' :
Clinton Cerejo

Additional Arrangements :
Ranjit Barot :
Pam Pa Ra

Pravin Mani :
Mayya Yeshoda (Thames Mix)

Hentry Kuruvilla :
I've Been Waiting

Vocal Supervisors :
V. J. Srinivasamurthy, Srinivas D.

Chennai Strings Orchestra Conducted By V. J. Srinivasamurthy

Sound Engineers :
Panchathan Record Inn

Sunil_M88
13th September 2010, 05:24 PM
16 sec clip of Call me dil aka Jhootha Hi Sahi... I believe this clip is recorded from Rahman Ji's performance at Saregamapa last week.

satissh_r
13th September 2010, 08:26 PM
Thalaivar padalaya :(

Mahen
13th September 2010, 08:56 PM
:shock: wow vijay yesudass :)

sonu nigam is still singing for rahman? :evil:

Shreya G is Rahman favorite now 8-)

Dragun
13th September 2010, 09:45 PM
Sivamani is on the credits! I don't think I've seen his name in an ARR album in a long time.

Sunil_M88
13th September 2010, 10:51 PM
Maiyya Yashoda (Thames Mix) -> http://www.rahmanism.com/2010/09/listen-jhootha-hi-sahi-jhs-mp3-songs.html

Sunil_M88
13th September 2010, 10:58 PM
sonu nigam is still singing for rahman? :evil:

Ditto. Hope he redeems himself for his juvenile behavior.

Sunil_M88
13th September 2010, 11:08 PM
Maiyya Yashoda trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFAgPEHPX7E

A.ANAND
16th September 2010, 11:38 AM
[tscii:e8ac26afba]Abbas Tyrewala on JHS soundtrack

Abbas Tyrewala:

and arr fans, no, he hasn't sung "call me dil". but thats not my fault. i told him he had to, but he felt raashid suited the song better. 44 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Abbas Tyrewala:

my apologies to fans of shaan and sunidhi. they'd sung a brilliant track, but the situation changed, and we had to change the song. :( about 1 hour ago via web

Collection of some recent tweets on JHS

These kind of tweets are making my life miserable....can't wait for the album !!

The first few are from Apurv Nagpal, CEO of SAREGAMA (which is producing the movie and owns rights for music)

@AbbasTyrewala and Rashid has done a brilliant job ! in my completely biased opinion !
about 9 hours ago via web in reply to AbbasTyrewala

Cutting Caller Ring tones from ARR's albums not an easy job. So many interesting bits, musical layers, dont feel like leaving out any of thm

CRBT's should be up sooner, and songs available on our website as well very soon. Also, cutting CRBT's not as easy as I thought
11:06 AM Sep 13th via web
Reply Retweet

Final master's received, the process of production begins. Fingers crossed Jhootha Hi Sahi's lovely music in stores by coming weeknd
11:05 AM Sep 13th via web
Reply Retweet

Finally got the JHS album with me. Its a truly eclectic mix, songs from different genres coming together. This 1 has the potential to last..
3:02 AM Sep 13th via web
Reply Retweet

Tweet from Raghu (roadies) who is acting in the movie.

Just heard the soundtrack of #hootha hi sahi. My god!! Rahman's BACK! And how!!
7:14 PM Sep 12th via ÜberTwitter

source;arryg[/tscii:e8ac26afba]

SVN
17th September 2010, 03:32 AM
Mayya Yashoda is a very catchy and unique composition by ARR. Kudos to whoever thought of using Yashoda and Krishna's theme in a typical UK Desi party number.. And surprise surprise, there's no Punjabi bhangra reemix sound (which has been dominating the scene over a decade now in almost every Hindi film, and to be honest, I was getting tired of it). This song has been well rendered by Chinmayi and Rashid Ali.
ics
I saw another interesting song on TV, which goes like Lie, Lie, Fly Fly... Sounded very fresh!

ajaybaskar
17th September 2010, 03:20 PM
2 tracks available for download (INR 10 each) at www.saregama.com

satissh_r
17th September 2010, 03:38 PM
2 tracks available for download (INR 10 each) at www.saregama.com

Ajay bro, any clue if the cd's will be out today? :)

ajaybaskar
17th September 2010, 04:11 PM
From tomorrow morn, cds will be available across India..

satissh_r
17th September 2010, 04:14 PM
:cool2: night oru try panna vendiayathu than

ajaybaskar
17th September 2010, 08:05 PM
All 9 songs available for download officially..

http://www.saregama.com/portal/pages/music.jsp

siva_303
17th September 2010, 08:26 PM
Any download link guys??

satissh_r
17th September 2010, 08:50 PM
Saregama sitela register panni activation mailayum vanthachu but unable to login still :(

satissh_r
17th September 2010, 09:22 PM
Finally logged in but none of the pages load fully :bangcomp: ippadi oru website vechiruntha eppadi vikka mudiyum :banghead:

satissh_r
17th September 2010, 09:43 PM
1st review up already

http://happysing.com/2010/09/jhootha-hi-sahi-music-review/

siva_303
17th September 2010, 10:13 PM
-No download links pls-

satissh_r
17th September 2010, 10:57 PM
Pam Pa Ra - Shreya Ghoshal kalakkal :redjump: :bluejump: :happydance:

EDIT:
Listened to 4 songs so far, believe me, I've never liked any album recently on first listen like this :thumbsup: :notworthy:

satissh_r
17th September 2010, 11:20 PM
Pick of the album so far Hello hello :) Karthik sounds woWWWWWWWW!!!

Ramakrishna
18th September 2010, 12:03 AM
PM

mikesasi
18th September 2010, 12:11 AM
guys,
any other online links?
cant get into saregama weblink... :-(

lancelot
18th September 2010, 12:37 AM
someone give me the link to download the songs please?

Mahen
18th September 2010, 01:46 AM
PM pls

Yathu
18th September 2010, 06:35 AM
[tscii:1d45b506a2]
1st review up already

http://happysing.com/2010/09/jhootha-hi-sahi-music-review/

What a great opening paragraph:

No, it’s never easy to comment on a song composed by Rahman. Reasons are many. For one, they’re never ‘bad.’ You’ll always like them at least a bit even if at the start they sound strangest thing in the world. Secondly, he has built so high reputation and expectations in people’s minds that it’s not easy to get to that level even with the best songs. And then, he has so many fans. But the worst thing is that u can not always be sure of disliking a song of his. Probably that is why he is Rahman.[/tscii:1d45b506a2]

Yathu
18th September 2010, 06:35 AM
Could someone PM me too? Please! :)

Guess_Me
18th September 2010, 10:15 AM
Barring 'Pam Pa Ra', the rest sounds fantastic. Completely urban soundtrack from ARR for the current generation.

A.ANAND
18th September 2010, 11:47 AM
LINK PLEASE PM PLEASE!

Mahen
18th September 2010, 12:33 PM
For now maiya yashoda/do nishayaan/i'll be waiting :musicsmile: Nice to hear vijay yesudass singing in hindi :) Another commercial album from ARR :)

lancelot
18th September 2010, 12:34 PM
Barring 'Pam Pa Ra', the rest sounds fantastic. Completely urban soundtrack from ARR for the current generation.

where did u get the songs from? PM me the link please

Mahen
18th September 2010, 12:36 PM
Now call me dil 8-) :)

Mahen
18th September 2010, 12:43 PM
check pm lancelot

Guess_Me
18th September 2010, 03:32 PM

where did u get the songs from? PM me the link please
I am listening to them at saregama.com. There are MP3s ripped from that site available on the net. Havent checked them out yet. Hopefully the MP3s are actually of good quality which are bought legally than ripped from the preview playback there.

Anyway I am getting CD as soon as it is available here.

Guess_Me
18th September 2010, 04:08 PM
Jhootha Hi Sahi Audio CD in 2 versions
as retweeted by Abbas Tyrewala

normal pack, Rs. 150, has the music cd & a liar card. A fun way to tell if sm1 is lying.

premium pack, Rs. 225, host of goodies. Liar card, 2 photos, lyrics booklet & karaoke cd. allows u 2 singalong our lovly songs.

A.ANAND
18th September 2010, 06:20 PM
my review JHS

for all 'rahman haters'big slap in your face! :D

baroque
18th September 2010, 09:03 PM
checked out only two compositions.

mm...elegant & delicate orchestration Rahman back after Endhiran!

maiyya yashoda......catchy, bouncy folkish rhythm with flute ..beautiful.:bluejump:

sax, flute, guitar..very delicate Rahman back to refresh my spirits in cry cry.... :musicsmile:

I savor and cherish the gentle Rahman :musicsmile:

vinatha.

satissh_r
18th September 2010, 09:08 PM
I savor and cherish the gentle Rahman :musicsmile:

vinatha

Please try out the track Call me dil mam, sure you'll enjoy it the best :D

baroque
18th September 2010, 09:21 PM
yes.. I have been waiting.... Vijay Yesudas, dreamy orchestration.

Rahman went with no vanity, pleasing mood for the album.

baroque
18th September 2010, 09:27 PM
Subtle orchestration Rahman is highly sophisticated! :clap:

babu006
18th September 2010, 09:27 PM
Don't buy the songs from saregama.com. All the songs are 128 bit and there's no quality at all. huh

Call me Dil song is awesome.! great work by rahman sir. Actually this song is so close to a Shankar Ehsan Loy composition. they have used similar guitar many times in Taare Zameen Par.

babu006
18th September 2010, 09:33 PM
they should make it available at AMAZON or itunes stores..
Come on,
Rahman knows better...
vinatha.

Ofcourse, rahman knows better and done better here. I just said it has similar chords only. no offence at all :D

baroque
18th September 2010, 09:42 PM
oh..no no..
there is no offence.
I checked at Amazon, I couldn't find the album
so mentioning that it should be available at Amazon, itunes etc.. :)
soon I will find the CDs in my local Indian audio, video stores.
vinatha.

baroque
18th September 2010, 09:44 PM
I am under the refreshing spell of Rahman .. :musicsmile:
vinatha.

lancelot
19th September 2010, 06:56 AM
anyone know where i can download the 320bit quality? i have 256bit, i want better.

why cant ARR do Tamil albums with this sprite... amazing!

baroque
19th September 2010, 07:15 AM
such a darling Rahman..
cute cute :)

Mahen
19th September 2010, 07:27 AM
Thread-yen romba silent-ta iruku :roll: ARR fans ellam vacation poyitangala?

Mahen
19th September 2010, 07:37 AM
anyone know where i can download the 320bit quality? i have 256bit, i want better.

Arambichitingala? Its the genre bro..JHS is similar to VTV and cant be compared with Ravaanan/Endhiran..

Back to JHS, Do Nishiyaan has the Manipaaya feel :)

Guess_Me
19th September 2010, 02:35 PM

What you are having is probably the 128 kbps MP3 bought from Saregama.com, which someone upscaled to 256 kbps.

Once the CD releases, we will see those 320 kbps ones with cover scans and all. Better wait till then.

MumbaiRamki
19th September 2010, 03:56 PM
JHS is amazing and brings back the pure energy that i witnessed in 90s !!

Just hear Param Para and you will be taken to Mr. Romeo days !!!

Mahen
19th September 2010, 04:40 PM
Why ARR always gives amazing songs to Sonu nigam? :angry2: Do nishyan :notworthy:

lancelot
19th September 2010, 05:15 PM
Why ARR always gives amazing songs to Sonu nigam? :angry2: Do nishyan :notworthy:

i love Nigam's singing, he brings so much emotion to the song. Cant stop listening to Do Nishaniya

A.ANAND
19th September 2010, 07:08 PM

i love Nigam's singing, he brings so much emotion to the song. Cant stop listening to Do Nishaniya

:omg: :omg: :omg: this song very very my close to heart!wooooooooow!wonderfull song!dont know the lyric and language but this song ..oh..!speechless!tear in my eyes :cry: seriusly and really![not over acting]

sonu! :clap: :clap: :clap:

i love u thalaiva! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

A.ANAND
19th September 2010, 07:11 PM
Do Nishaniyan - Lyrics and English Translation

Sonu Nigam's Do Nishaniyaan is one of the best songs of Abbas Tyrewala's John starrer Jhootha hi Sahi. The song has some fine music, and some wonderful singing, but the best part of the song is its lyrics which are quite interesting and as meaningful as they are poetic, can say 50-50.

Here, the hero of the movie is sad about his own false image he has created with his lies. He's happy about the good things happening in his life but is also afraid and wants to get rid of his false identity. A wonderful song that gives some insight into the movie and should sound even better and more meaningful when the movie comes out. Here are the lyrics with translation.

ek, dor se bandhi kaise do kahaniyaan
ek, taar se jud gayi kaise ye do zindaganiyaan
is phone ke saaz par meri aawaz bhar mujhpe hansti hain khamoshiyaan
mere chehre ki do nishaniyan
mere chehre ki do nishaniyaan
mere chehre ki do nishaaniyaan...

with one string, how two stories are tied
with one wire, how two lives are attached
filling my voice, on this musical instrument called phone, silences laugh at me,
the two identities of my face,
the two identities of my face..

kis ki nawazish hui rookhi si zindagi par
halki si barish hui sookhi si zindagi par
hai khauf ke na chura le koi kal-
mere aasmaan se ye chori ke badal
churaye so meherbaniyaan

whose favour happened on my rough life,
a light shower fell on my dry life,
I have fear someone doesn't steal tomorrow-
these stolen clouds from my sky,
(and) if someone does, it'll be a kindness
the two identities of my face...

maana ke naazil nahi hona tha ye farishta
maana ke hasil na hona tha humko ye rishta
lage khoobsurat mujhe ab khuda tu
farishte se mere na karna juda tu
mita de ye badgumaniyaan
mere chehre ki do nishaniyan..

I understand that this angel was not to bestow upon me,
I understand that we were not to get this relationship,
you look beautiful to me now o god,
don't separate me from my angel (now),
remove these suspicions..
the two identities of my face...

ek, dor se bandhi kaise do kahaniyaan
ek, taar se jud gayi kaise ye do zindaganiyaan
is phone ke saaz par meri aawaz bhar mujhpe hansti hain khamoshiyaan
mere chehre ki do nishaniyaan
mere chehre ki do nishaaniyaan...

sorce:arryg

lancelot
19th September 2010, 08:26 PM
Do Nishaniyan - Lyrics and English Translation

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

love the song... What amazing singing!!

Sunil_M88
19th September 2010, 09:53 PM
All songs are equally sexy hehe :musicsmile:

I'm frustrated because I can't select one song that I like the best. This album is a complete album. All songs are different yet possess Rahman's touch from the yore...

I don't remember the last time, Rahman Ji made excessive use of an acoustic guitar throughout an album. I can't pass judgments on individual songs as every song is special in its own way. Definitely not a one track album and you can hear it anywhere and anytime.

Superb delivery, sir

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

littlemaster1982
19th September 2010, 09:59 PM
Cry Cry is delightful :musicsmile:

MADDY
20th September 2010, 09:14 AM
as usual, none of the songs have appealed, which is a good sign :lol: ........they will catch on big time later :)

kham
20th September 2010, 09:31 AM
as usual, none of the songs have appealed, which is a good sign :lol: ........they will catch on big time later :)

Bang on Maddy... da same with me... :)

Ramakrishna
20th September 2010, 10:52 AM

athey thaan.... I am surprised with all the positive reviews so early.

Mahen
20th September 2010, 11:21 AM
:shock: I liked most of the songs on first hearing :) Addicted to Maiya yashoda/CAll me Dil/Do nishyan/I'll be waiting.. :) In fact im planning to get the original cd.. :) I have never bought any original hindi cds before :oops:

A.ANAND
20th September 2010, 12:21 PM

same thought! :D

ajaybaskar
20th September 2010, 12:42 PM
My picks (in the order of preference)

Do Nishaniyaan
Call me dil/Hello Hello
Maiya Yashoda/Cry Cry

Other 2 songs have not appealed much..

lancelot
20th September 2010, 12:43 PM
:shock: I liked most of the songs on first hearing :) Addicted to Maiya yashoda/CAll me Dil/Do nishyan/I'll be waiting.. :) In fact im planning to get the original cd.. :) I have never bought any original hindi cds before :oops:

Not the smartest thing to say in a thread that devoted to ARR. :p though am glad you are planning buying the original :)

lancelot
20th September 2010, 12:46 PM

Bang on Maddy... da same with me... :)

i liked most of the songs on the first go. except for Pam Para and Maiya Yashoda. Hello Hello took a few listenings, but MAN!!! thats an amazing song.

it was the same with JTYJN, the album appealed to my on the first go itself.

A.ANAND
20th September 2010, 12:49 PM
Do Nishaniyaan

Maiya Yashoda

Hello Hello

tara pum

cry cry

beatifull album! :D

krishh17
21st September 2010, 05:13 AM
coz he always gets directors like the ones who made "Sakkarakatti" or "ATM" ... thank god for VTV

lancelot
21st September 2010, 06:58 AM
coz he always gets directors like the ones who made "Sakkarakatti" or "ATM" ... thank god for VTV

I think he should just wait for that perfect movie before doing a Tamil album. i dont mind them being far apart, if its good it will make it even better. anyway, moving on to JHS

Who's singing is better? Karthik in Hello Hello or Sonu Nigam in Do Nishaaniyan?

A.ANAND
21st September 2010, 08:39 AM
1.sonu
2.kartik

Scale
21st September 2010, 10:48 AM
My pick would be Rashid Ali. Brilliant Man!

lancelot
21st September 2010, 11:04 AM
My pick would be Rashid Ali. Brilliant Man!

he is pretty amazing in Call Me Dill.

A.ANAND
21st September 2010, 12:03 PM

ATM one of my fav.rahman album!

A.ANAND
21st September 2010, 12:08 PM
Jhootha Hi Sahi Music Review

rating 4/5

http://www.bollyspice.com/music-reviews.php/0767-jhootha-hi-sahi-music-review.html

Scale
21st September 2010, 12:13 PM
Cry Cry - Well, I feel like I have become aged but ARR & his music hasn't. Thanks to Abbas & his lyrics. A delightful followup to KKA from JTYJN, Rashid Ali is an amazing find. Brilliant Man! Shreya G is certainly not a match here I would prefer a solo. college camp pottu try pannalam. Great song with all those accoustic guitars, percussions, trumpet/sax and the tune is just free-flowing ARR's signature written all over.

Awesome!! :notworthy:

A.ANAND
21st September 2010, 12:19 PM
Chimayi on JHS

Have sung Maiyya Yashoda (The Jamuna Mix and The Thames mix) in this album with Javed Ali and this recording session was one that I would never forget. I met Mr Tyrewala for the second time and it was a wonderful experience to be a part of this recording. Javed Ali recorded this song while his mother was getting a surgery done in Delhi so it was quite hectic for him.
Rahman sir told me to sing and sound the way I do in this song. Like a really young girl, not that I am a hag now, but still, to bring in the chirpiness of a younger girl.
Meeting Mr Tyrewala was like meeting a really wonderful professor and listening to a wonderful address. Not sure if he would take it as a compliment but in the conversation that I had with him, I had a great time listening to him on philosophy and his interpretation of some of the myths and legends of India to the best way to eat waffles. He is most definitely a food aficionados and remember him mentioning about a really wonderful Chinese restaurant in Shimla, if I am not mistaken. Like Vir Sanghvi, he also said that the Chinese food that we eat in India is not Chinese.

Needless to say some of the best conversations that I have had are with the creative people, the wonderful people that are part of the process of making the films that we love to watch. I have not met too many people in the literary and art world yet but hopefully that will lead me to some wonderful learning as well.
Like this time I met Mr Iqbal Patni, the poet and heard him speak, albeit briefly on cars, which one to buy and which one not to.
To me, singing for and working under Rahman sir is like being in a Himalayan ashram with a Guru. There is tranquility and somehow even if I have had a really terrible day, everything just vanishes, as far as I am concerned, as soon as I meet him. His hours of rigorous spiritual practice and communion with the Almighty has this effect on other people I would daresay. Someday, I hope to have the same sort of a positive effect on the people that I meet.
Enjoy the album and you can listen to it on http://www.saregama.com and when you do want to download, please make it legal.

Thanks and God Bless.

A.ANAND
21st September 2010, 12:22 PM
Music Review: Jhootha Hi Sahi

http://www.buzzintown.com/delhi/article-review--music-review-jhootha-hi-sahi/ref--home-article/id--2172.html#user_comments_div

MADDY
22nd September 2010, 02:15 PM
[tscii:737fea83e2]http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2010/09/17/jhootha-hi-sahi-music-review-hindi-a-r-rahman/

all me dil‘s dulcet notes get accentuated because of Rashid Ali’s vocals as Rahman gets his balladish orchestration pitch-perfect here! Rashid’s other track, Cry cry, is the mellow, pondering equivalent of Aditi; similar in its free-flowing format and conversational lyrics, particularly when Shreya Ghoshal joins, this one is vintage Rahman-style slow poison! Hello hello is where Rahman plays his genre-bending card…rather well. With a faint echo of Middle-eastern, but treading pleasant experimentations, this track by Karthik is interesting precisely because of its unconventional sound! Chinmayi sounds different yet again and is in brilliant form, as she joins Javed Ali in Mayya Yeshodha…a spritely, mildly spoofy traditional tune that gets hyper-enthusiastic towards the end! Sonu goes all moony in Do nishaaniyan, but it sounds at best like a Yuvvraaj leftover, except for Abbas’s fascinating lyrics! Pam pa ra, beyond that simplistic facade, holds a lovely mix of genres, much like Hello hello – a stagey, but charming mix! I’ll be waiting is the soundtrack’s stunning highlight – Vijay Yesudas in a dreamy, beautifully orchestrated, jazzy package that touches on lovely Hindi lyrics too! As if making up for Endhiran’s bombastic outburst, Rahman delivers and succeeds with a gorgeous experiment, quite confidently!

look at comments section - ore adi dhadi :lol: ......[/tscii:737fea83e2]

sathya_1979
22nd September 2010, 05:46 PM
enna prachanai? :confused2:

A.ANAND
22nd September 2010, 06:27 PM
athu rahman-ni saba kedu!

- melodies-sa songs kothuthu oru album vantha, athu raja influlance innu sollavendiyathu,!

-konjam technical-la oru album panna,he is not composer,only keyboard player and arragger innu vai kusama solla vendiyathu!

-yaaru manasai-yum pun paduthama humble-la iruntha,athu chumma nadippu![nallavan mathiri nadikiran ivan,bissness trick ]

-vaaya thorantha koovam vida kevalama pesaravar romba nallavar[direct-ta pesuraram]romba nallavaram!

ennada ulagam ithu!aandava :huh:

ithanaiyum thanggi kittu oruthan,thaan undu than velai undu innu ella barathaiyum kadavul mela pottu-tu pokittu irukararu!

'enna mathri design ithu'! :notworthy:

sathya_1979
22nd September 2010, 06:39 PM
Anand Sir, uNmaiyile ARR kadavuL. As stated by Lord Krishna, the ultimate karma veerar:
"pOttruvaar pOttralum, thoottruvaar thootralum pOgattum RahmanukkE"

A.ANAND
22nd September 2010, 06:45 PM
Anand Sir, uNmaiyile ARR kadavuL. As stated by Lord Krishna, the ultimate karma veerar:

:exactly: sathya

avarudai vetri, ulaga pugal silarukku romba disturb pannuthu!athu mattum nichayam!north-yayum sari,southla-yum sari ivana eppadi-da alikkam-gra plan innum,day by day koodikittu than poguthey thavira korayala! :(

ajaybaskar
22nd September 2010, 06:51 PM
Anand Sir,

Ithana naal indha mirugatha yaen koondukkulla vachurundheenga? :lol:

A.ANAND
22nd September 2010, 06:57 PM
Anand Sir,

Ithana naal indha mirugatha yaen koondukkulla vachurundheenga? :lol:

vekkapadaren,vethanapadaren! :lol: :ashamed:

sathya_1979
22nd September 2010, 07:00 PM

:exactly: sathya

avarudai vetri, ulaga pugal silarukku romba disturb pannuthu!athu mattum nichayam!north-yayum sari,southla-yum sari ivana eppadi-da alikkam innu,day by day koodikittu than poguthey thavira korayala! :(
nallavangaLa aandavan sOdhippaan, kai vida maattan. nallavangaLukkE ipdinaa, Rahman maadhiri uNmaiyaana gnanigaLukku :wink: ?

MADDY
22nd September 2010, 07:14 PM

karthik(inetk from HUB) has said in his JHS review that "i will be waiting" song is the highlight in the album.......this is actually a jazzy number but he had criticised a very similar IR song in suryakanthi(kannada) because he feels it has "predictable" raja stamp whereas "ive been waiting" though sticking to genre conformity is unpredictable in terms of tune and melody - thats what suresh65 and rajasaranam are opposing and calling karthik as biased..... :D

as usual, some misfacts like rahman doesent break the genre conformity, rahman is a album composer and not a soundtrack composer-ngra madhiri gross generalisations varudhu - anyways, karthik is arguing well, so lets just watch the fun :lol:

sathya_1979
22nd September 2010, 07:17 PM

karthik(inetk from HUB) has said in his JHS review that "i will be waiting" song is the highlight in the album.......this is actually a jazzy number but he had criticised a very similar IR song in suryakanthi(kannada) because he feels it has "predictable" raja stamp whereas "ive been waiting" though sticking to genre conformity is unpredictable in terms of tune and melody - thats what suresh65 and rajasaranam are opposing and calling karthik as biased..... :D

as usual, some misfacts like rahman doesent break the genre conformity, rahman is a album composer and not a soundtrack composer-ngra madhiri gross generalisations varudhu - anyways, karthik is arguing well, so lets just watch the fun :lol:
Karthik biased aagavE irundhuttu pOgattumE! avar OPENA dhaanE pasuraar. adhudhaan "ellaarukkum" romba pudikkumE!
from today, Karthik is also my best friend :D

sathya_1979
22nd September 2010, 07:37 PM
Cannot go beyond Cry Cry, running in infinite loop from yesterday :D

sunnyg
23rd September 2010, 06:24 AM
Guys

Check this review from Planet Bollywood:

http://www.planetbollywood.com/displayReview.php?id=m092210084713

This guy, Atta Khan has given a rating of 5 on 10.

He has torn apart all the songs. Adding to the insult is a 144 users have collectively rated it a 5.4 out of 10. This is as bad as it gets.

Why?
I have been seeing only positive reviews about the songs so far and am disappointed.

I have listened to two songs, Maiyya and Cry - both of them rock!

Sunny

Mahen
23rd September 2010, 06:49 AM

Karthik biased aagavE irundhuttu pOgattumE! avar OPENA dhaanE pasuraar. adhudhaan "ellaarukkum" romba pudikkumE!
from today, Karthik is also my best friend :D

hate him after i read his VTV review :D

A.ANAND
23rd September 2010, 08:18 AM
Thamarai.com Reviews JHS Music - 4.5/5

http://thamarai.com/news-details.php?id=196

A.ANAND
23rd September 2010, 08:27 AM

keyboard player ellam mudinji,ippa ithu veraiyya!album composer,soundtrack composer! :lol: ada pavigala!!

Scale
23rd September 2010, 10:42 AM
For the sake of listening to all new albums and to write a milli review Karthik just rushes his views. He never allows the music to settle in him. Probably he is the only one who listening to all songs, different languages, private albums and I really admire his enthusiasm and his "recent top lists" is the one I always look for some of the songs which I could have probably missed.

I can comment on Raja or Rahman's new song (single) but not on entire album within just hours of release. That's not right.

Atleast for ARR fans, don't take his reviews seriously.

Scale
23rd September 2010, 10:45 AM
"Hello Hello" :musicsmile: I'm loving it!!

satissh_r
23rd September 2010, 11:33 AM

Yeah awesome song :musicsmile: Karthik's voice just adds something more to it :D

Benny Lava
23rd September 2010, 12:07 PM

Yeah awesome song :musicsmile: Karthik's voice just adds something more to it :D

+1

ajaybaskar
23rd September 2010, 12:08 PM
+1

littlemaster1982
23rd September 2010, 12:32 PM
No one likes Pam Para :huh: Absolute fun :redjump:

satissh_r
23rd September 2010, 12:53 PM

Enaku mayya yesodha than ippathaiku least favourite, Pam pam para la vara interludes ellam super :cool2:

littlemaster1982
23rd September 2010, 12:55 PM
Even I don't find Mayya Yasodha that great :roll:

Benny Lava
23rd September 2010, 02:08 PM
Hello Hello and Cry Cry for me :2thumbsup:

lancelot
23rd September 2010, 02:15 PM
Helloooo Helloooooo... HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :D

A.ANAND
23rd September 2010, 03:15 PM

shreya inna chummava???chumma athirithulla! :lol:

my faveriot song now!enna adi! :D :clap: :thumbsup:

Ramakrishna
23rd September 2010, 04:43 PM
Hello hello, Do Nishaaniyaan, I will be waiting

lancelot
23rd September 2010, 05:32 PM
I Will Be Waiting - reminds me of Nat King Cole's music. Gives the 1960s feel. hope its pictured in black & white. it would be awesome!

SoftSword
23rd September 2010, 08:31 PM
sorry for the sin.

I hav downloaded only today, and heard the songs. I am not even 10% impressed by the songs :(

MADDY
23rd September 2010, 08:44 PM
softsword neenga pathhu naalu kazhichhu vaanga......

Ramakrishna
23rd September 2010, 08:48 PM

Yes, his application temporarily rejected.

music man
23rd September 2010, 08:57 PM
sorry for the sin.

I hav downloaded only today, and heard the songs. I am not even 10% impressed by the songs :(

Even same with me....When i first heard the songs, I was disappointed...Now its sounding very good...Very surprised no one likes Pam Pam Para...and at the same time, I feel Mayya Yashoda is only an average track...But the album in general is a hit material...Hope the movie becomes BO hit to complement ARR's music...

SoftSword
23rd September 2010, 09:00 PM

yaen unga veetla pazhaya soru edhum illayaa??? :)

why i said was, when i heard JTYJN, kabhi kabhi was so different and marvellous in which i fell in love immediately, but here not even one song i could remember impressing me..
all said, will come back with my views after a week.

A.ANAND
23rd September 2010, 09:15 PM

why i said was, when i heard JTYJN, kabhi kabhi was so different and marvellous in which i fell in love immediately, but here not even one song i could remember impressing me..

Pesama adutha varusam vaangga! :lol:

MADDY
23rd September 2010, 09:16 PM

hello - naa enna solren, neenga enna solringa

idha thaan naa sonnen - since its a very unique album, anyone may take 3 more days than a usual album to get used to......adhukku appramum varlainna - vitra vendiyadhu dhaan :)

//btw, did u like VTV songs - i really forget wat was ur final opinion on it bcos i knew it wasnt positive initially//

A.ANAND
23rd September 2010, 09:25 PM
Jhootha Hi Sahi [review]

After creating some fun and romantic numbers for Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na, The jodi of Abbas Tyrewala and champion composer AR Rahman is back with Jhootha Hi Sahi.

Rahman has composed seven tracks plus two remixes that encompass many different styles, moods and flavours.

You might have definitely heard the track 'Cry Cry'. The lyrics are penned down by none other than Tyrewala. The song says 'Cry cry itna cry karte hain kaahe ko? Itna darte hain kaahe ko?...' Though the song gives out a good message, we were expecting a better set of words coming our way. Rashid Ali has a youthful, fresh voice and with Shreya Ghoshal joining in with her sweet voice, it further sets the mood of the song. Not a super hit, but is a likeable song.

Next comes an enjoyable desi mix. The flute and other instruments in 'Maiya Yashoda (Jamuna Mix)' gives the track a wonderful Indian flavour. It might remind you of tracks like 'Radha Kaise Na Jale' from Lagaan. Chinmayi and Javed Ali have done their best to lift up the mood of the song. Thumbs up for Rahman. The music is just fabulous with good mixing of tempos and beats. The track will definitely make you dance to it.

There is also Maiya Yashoda (Thames Mix) and here Rahman just adds in some electronic beats. This track is good to ears but lacks the much-needed spark. The Jamuna version is our pick.

'Hello Hello' is an interesting track because of its unconventional sound though might not be as popular with the audience. Karthik gets behind the mic here. Rahman again gets a little experimental with music by inserting funky vibes and creating a blend of various instruments like violin. Lyrics are not-too-good-not-too-bad but Karthik's silky voice covers up all the minor flaws. It's worth a spin.

This one is for all the lovers of romantic music. 'Do Nishaniyan' is a soft soulful song and none other than Sonu Niigaam can do a better job at it. Sonu's magical voice and Rahman's delivery of music makes the song worth listening to. Every word is full of meaning and depth and gives the song a rich feel. 'Is phone ke saaz par meri aawaaz bhar mujh pe hansti hai khamoshiyan' says the lyrics and you might wonder what the word 'phone'

is doing amidst all the dream words. But soon you will again join the flow of the song. Rahman surprises you when he gives a rock delivery in one section and then a piano line in the other. Your 'list of best tracks' might be incomplete without this track, but that's only in case you're a fan of love songs.
Once again we have Sonu with the Heartbreak Reprise of 'Do Nishaniyan'. The track overflows with feelings of love such that you can literally feel the heartbreak. Rahman has created perfect sound with nothing besides a simple piano.

We then have Shreya Ghoshal singing the bouncy track 'Pam Para'. The track holds a lovely mix of genres. Rahman lends it a hard hitting beat and a new groove. Though Shreya might have sung it well, the song is neither robust nor catchy.

Part romantic, part classic 'I've Been Waiting' is a track that has a jazz flavour. Vijay Yesdus takes you on a ride to a dream world with his voice that melts down like butter. This song can literally make a young girl think of all the beautiful romantic things that can ever happen to her. The song easily shifts from English to Hindi and back, the shift is really smooth.

Lastly, a simple acoustic guitar melody 'Call Me Dil' is quite harmonious. This time Rashid Ali proves that he has a super-good voice quality. With the first song 'Cry Cry', we were a little upset with Abbas for the lyrics, but they are not as bad as we thought. His words have worked quite well in many songs. This ones says, 'Call me dil, call me baby, call me jo naam tu, main wohi, call me sach to main saccha, call me chaahe jhootha hi sahi.' It turns out to be a situational title song for the film. Well done Rahman!

With the album 'Jhoohta Hi Sahi', Rahman definitely attests that he is indeed a master at his craft, and with each new album he will continue impressing his fans. But the songs would have definitely fared well had the lyrics been exceptional.

is doing amidst all the dream words. But soon you will again join the flow of the song. Rahman surprises you when he gives a rock delivery in one section and then a piano line in the other. Your 'list of best tracks' might be incomplete without this track, but that's only in case you're a fan of love songs.
Once again we have Sonu with the Heartbreak Reprise of 'Do Nishaniyan'. The track overflows with feelings of love such that you can literally feel the heartbreak. Rahman has created perfect sound with nothing besides a simple piano.

We then have Shreya Ghoshal singing the bouncy track 'Pam Para'. The track holds a lovely mix of genres. Rahman lends it a hard hitting beat and a new groove. Though Shreya might have sung it well, the song is neither robust nor catchy.

Part romantic, part classic 'I've Been Waiting' is a track that has a jazz flavour. Vijay Yesdus takes you on a ride to a dream world with his voice that melts down like butter. This song can literally make a young girl think of all the beautiful romantic things that can ever happen to her. The song easily shifts from English to Hindi and back, the shift is really smooth.

Lastly, a simple acoustic guitar melody 'Call Me Dil' is quite harmonious. This time Rashid Ali proves that he has a super-good voice quality. With the first song 'Cry Cry', we were a little upset with Abbas for the lyrics, but they are not as bad as we thought. His words have worked quite well in many songs. This ones says, 'Call me dil, call me baby, call me jo naam tu, main wohi, call me sach to main saccha, call me chaahe jhootha hi sahi.' It turns out to be a situational title song for the film. Well done Rahman!

With the album 'Jhoohta Hi Sahi', Rahman definitely attests that he is indeed a master at his craft, and with each new album he will continue impressing his fans. But the songs would have definitely fared well had the lyrics been exceptional.

http://www.radioandmusic.com/content/reviews/film-music-reviews/jhootha-hi-sahi#story

A.ANAND
23rd September 2010, 09:27 PM
[tscii:ca22ade020]Jhootha Hi Sahi - Music Review

The Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na team of Abbas Tyrewala and musician A R Rahman have got it right with Jhootha Hi Sahi. Though the music album doesn’t feature a high octane foot-tapping song like Pappu Can’t Dance Sala, it has Cry Cry which has clicked with the masses instantly. Let’s check out what the other songs have to offer.

Generally it happens that Rahman’s compositions take time to grow on you. With Jhootha Hi Sahi tracks, it isn’t so. One takes an immediate liking to the songs.

Call Me Dil is one of the simplest compositions by Rahman and the song sticks to our heads and hearts because of its slow, enticing music. Can play it in the repeat mode!

Never did the talk of rona dhona sound so melodious. Cry Cry or Fly Fly grips us with its simple tune and Rashid Ali’s fresh and lilting voice. Here we’ve got the winner in the album which will continue to rock the charts. Aren’t you levitating after listening to it?

The unchained melody continues in the album. The next song is a bit sad but Sonu Nigam’s passionate singing makes Do Nishaaniyan a must hear. The soothing heart-break song will have a balmy effect on you. Don’t doubt! The reprise version is situational and since you loved the original, this one will also not disappoint you.

Hello Hello! croons Karthik in a frisky, carefree voice. As the telephone is also a character in the film, the song does tring tring your heart with its mellow tune. The moon is full and I’ll be Waiting sings the newcomer Vijay Yesudas. The song is short and leaves one asking for more.

The Maiyya Yashoda song lifts the album with its perky feel. Javed Ali and Chinamayee belt out the Krishna leela in Rahman style. This one is Thames Mix, while the other one is Jamuna Mix. Both the songs can easily slip in your playlist.

With the Rahman signature comes the song Pam Para. About this song, less said, the better. As Shreya Ghosal evidently enjoys singing this song, so we enjoyed hearing it.

Away from the regular hip hop, disc beats or Bollywood masala songs, Rahman has tried to come up with simple tracks. The music is slow, and beats are ear-friendly. Overall, a pleasing experience with no dramatic tracks. Feeling light, feeling delighted!

Rating - 3 stars out of 5

http://www.apunkachoice.com/content/article/sid100003375-jhootha_hi_sahi_music_review/[/tscii:ca22ade020]

SoftSword
23rd September 2010, 09:29 PM

hello - naa enna solren, neenga enna solringa

idha thaan naa sonnen - since its a very unique album, anyone may take 3 more days than a usual album to get used to......adhukku appramum varlainna - vitra vendiyadhu dhaan :)

//btw, did u like VTV songs - i really forget wat was ur final opinion on it bcos i knew it wasnt positive initially//

got it maddy... even i myself know that its just a matter of time... but very rarely we get chances to say that we don like some song of ARR, so i made use of the opp and posted it :)

and VTV is in the shelf where i have Kandukonain, Minsarakanavu, En swasakatre etc now.
don remember a single day for the past three months when i don listen or hum mannippaya or the title track

A.ANAND
23rd September 2010, 10:01 PM
[tscii:0fed533d6a]
JHS MUSIC REVIEW

Everything fits perfectly into Call me dil including Rashid Ali¡¯s voice! The track builds up beautifully and Rahman keeps it simple and sweet. Karthik¡¯s singing and the vocal harmonies work nicely for Hello Hello.The song is a monolith; effective in whole, true for most of the songs in this album. Cry Cry has been doing the rounds in promos across channels. I personally love these kind of songs (Jaane kyon, Agar main kahoon, Kabhi kabhi aditi et al) The percussion is super effective. The guitar-sax-flute interludes are beautiful and so are the voices, especially Shreya Ghoshal. The only quibble, Rashid Ali¡¯s sounds a bit too sophisticated for the tapori slang and the ¡°kai ko¡± seems kind of awkward in his vox! Its good to hear Sonu Nigam singing again for Rahman; however Do Nishaniyan is certainly not among the best from this duo. Maiyya Yashoda is very catchy. The track has the perfect folksy pace/rhythm going and the harmonium and flute bits work very well. The singing is brilliant, Javed Ali and Chinmayee faring wonderfully and reascertaining themselves as singers to look out for. Shreya¡¯s Pam Pa Ra works in parts. There are some catchy elements in the arrangement including the Sax, and percussion in some areas. I¡¯ve been waiting is soulful; kudos to the beautiful orchestration. Vijay Yesudas does extremely and surprisingly well delivering the song.

Simplicity and subtlety win you over all through this refreshing album from A R Rahman, arguably his best in 2010 going by the sheer number of songs.

Music Aloud Rating: 9/10

http://www.musicaloud.com/2010/09/18/jhoota-hi-sahi-music-review/[/tscii:0fed533d6a]

A.ANAND
23rd September 2010, 10:03 PM
[tscii:9ac9936cf2]JHS MUSIC REVIEW

1-800-Love ; Call me Dil and finally its-Jhootha Hi Sahi. Long awaited movie of Johnny and Abbas Tyrewala is finally set to release. And after only the first trailer [released with We are Family]- I found out it has Rahman's score ! And the trailer looked impressive too. Making me eager for songs and whoa! Rahman delivers it and how.

Cry Cry is a lovely addictive track which has become instant hit by now. Catchy in terms of words [as always, Abbas' words does it] and Rashid Ali's singing along with Shreya, makes the track fun. There are portions where he says ¨C no no no, kabhi nahi.. quite fun ! Next track Maiyya Yashoda got me hooked since first listen. Absolutely fun track by Chinmayi and Javed Ali. Rahman always tests his singers by giving something that their singers are not used to. Like in 'Saawariya'[swades] Alka Yagnik sang in so high pitch which she never can. Here Rahman has given a nearly breathless long phrase to Chinmayi which she sings effortlessly. Another comparison with Swades ¨C 'Pal Pal hai bhari' had a hidden message based on mythological tale in last para of song. Similarly, 'Maiyya Yashoda' talks about naughty Krishna but in last paragraph it gives message to 'share'. Well written indeed. The song will surely become hit for this year's Garba. Oh, and I forgot to mention about composition ¨C check out Sitar at middle point of song ¨C out of this world !

Hello Hello is an instant reminder to Karthik calling Karthik. But in a good way. Just that both has same flavor. Beeps and ring of phone. But with Karthik's flawless singing makes it a good listen. And after that¡* a familiar sound comes to us ¨C Do Nishaniyaan ¨C the vintage Rahman track. And how more fabulous it can get ¨C with Sonu Nigam. Continuous tunes of Piano makes this haunting track highlight of the album. Whats more ¨C same track has another version called 'Heartbreak Reprise'. Superb words and singing.

Pam Para ¨C is an average track sung by Shreya Ghoshal. But the phrase 'pam pam pa ra pa ra' is sticky. Must be fun to watch on screen. A relatively new voice for Hindi music ¨C Vijay Yesudas starts 'I'll be waiting' with dreamy notes. A 'hinglish' song with jazzy tune. Wonderful Wonderful. Watch out for smooth conclusion at the end. Next up is another version of 'Maiyya Yashoda' [Thames mix]. Well, it's a remix that's it. Finally as album starts with Rashid Ali, it ends with him too. Another personal favorite of mine ¨C Call Me Dil. Heart touching lyrics and strings and crooning of Rashid - Awesomeness !!

My Favorites : Do Nishaniyaan, Call Me Dil, I'll be Waiting.

http://dunkdaft.blogspot.com/2010/09/jhootha-hi-sahi-music-review.html[/tscii:9ac9936cf2]

A.ANAND
23rd September 2010, 10:05 PM
[tscii:9fdf01c77f]Jhootha Hi Sahi Music Review

Reviewed by: Atta Khan ¨C Rating: 5.0 / 10

Rahman has been busy. Actually very busy! Ever since picking up his deserved Oscars for the magnificient soundtrack to ¡°Slumdog Millionaire¡± last year, the meastro has become one of the most sought after music directors on the entire planet. There¡¯s projects coming from the U.S, Japan and China, on top of his already busy schedule in India (projects in Hindi/Tamil/Telegu/Malayalam) and there has been the added pressure this year of his recent ¡°Jai Ho¡± World Tour that span over 16 destinations across 3 continents over a period of 4 months. Whilst there is no doubt he has one of the best music establishments in India, one does wonder if the quality of his work would suffer due to his increasing workload? Well if his latest music is anything to go by then the answer is a resounding yes! Poor Abbas Tyrewala was hoping his latest venture, a romcom called Jhoota Hi Sahi would have an equally exhilarating score that his first film had (Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na), which was of course composed by Rahman as well. Alas, even with much lower expectations than his previous soundtracks, this turns out to be one of Rahman¡¯s poorest efforts ever!

http://www.naachgaana.com/2010/09/22/jhootha-hi-sahi-music-review/[/tscii:9fdf01c77f]

Ramakrishna
24th September 2010, 12:36 AM
I am in love with Do Nishaaniyan

A.ANAND
24th September 2010, 06:27 AM
I am in love with Do Nishaaniyan

:thumbsup:

MADDY
24th September 2010, 09:31 AM
I am in love with DoNishaaniyan

ok ok :P

ajaybaskar
24th September 2010, 11:06 AM
I am in love with DoNishaaniyan

ok ok :P

Oh.. Idhu Veraya? :shock:

lancelot
24th September 2010, 11:13 AM
am i the only one who thinks Vijay Yesudas has a real polished voice.

He is amazing in I'll Be Waiting. I would have loved to have that song sung by someone with a more commanding and deep voice. said that i have no problems with Vijay, he does justice to that amazing piece of music. wonderful wonderful work by ARR, Abbas and Viajy!

ajaybaskar
24th September 2010, 11:15 AM
Yes.. I didnt know that it was VY when I heard the song first.. I was shocked to know that later... Good rendition.. :clap:

lancelot
24th September 2010, 11:55 AM
what are the two extra songs that ARR composed for the album? am guessing Call Me Dil is one of them. The other?

MADDY
24th September 2010, 12:30 PM
i really thot very lowly of Vijay yesudas after he sodhappified sahara(sad) in sivaji when udit sizzled with it in the happy version.........but in this song, he has shocked me with different rendition and seamless voice :clap: he did very well with the accent as well which is very difficult for any mallu to achieve :bow:

A.ANAND
24th September 2010, 03:34 PM
making of cry..cry song

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/video/making-of-the-music/aDhYFt32/3/Making-Of-Cry-Cry-Jhootha-Hi-Sahi.html

A.ANAND
24th September 2010, 03:39 PM
Call me Dil unplugged by A R Rahman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbMRHki8xVY

A.ANAND
24th September 2010, 03:51 PM
[tscii:4c7f0b4ff3]Rahman adds more flavour to ¡®Jhootha Hi Sahi¡¯
IndiaGlitz [Friday, September 24, 2010] 0 Comments

Just weeks after he made an impromptu decision to record two more songs for his upcoming Bollywood flick ¡®Jhootha Hi Sahi¡¯, A R Rahman is now making one more effort to make the film a musical treat for fans.

The music composer, who added pride to India by brining home the Oscars and Grammy, has recorded some of the background score for the movie at an iconic studio in Hollywood.

¡°Recorded with an LA jazz quartet, a couple of whom have played with the likes of Barbara Streisand and Billie Holiday,¡± wrote the Mozart of Madras on a social networking website.

Rahman added, ¡°It¡¯s been a great experience working with Abbas Tyrewala again.¡±

Releasing on October 15th, ¡®Jhootha Hi Sahi¡¯ stars John Abraham and Pakhi along with Raghu Ram, Manasi Scott and Anaitha Nair.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/60308.html[/tscii:4c7f0b4ff3]

Scale
25th September 2010, 10:39 AM
I feel that both Mayya Yasodha & Pam Pam Para Para (Sivamani :thumbsup:) are absolute fun & rollicking stuff. It is obvious that we are much obsessed with the western genre than the beaten-to-death bhangra in bollywood. If you overlook the genre it has some interesting ARR's touch the traditional tune packed with nice arrangements of flute (Navin Iyer?), dholak, harmonium & sitar.
The whole enjoyment has gone destructed when I saw the full song. mudiyalai... Chinmayi sounds different but of late I am not much interested with this pair. the man who has sung Tu Guzarish & jashn-e-bahare is certainly losing his worth and going off track.

The opening of 'Do Nishaniyan' erhu piece is intriguing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWLjnoIZwbg

The songs cry, call me dil, hello hello are very refreshing to hear whereas maiya, do nishaniyan sonu's rendition sounds lot repetitive. Infact, Sonu has built his whole career with too many such songs. pothachatha thondi edukkura velai. And ARR bhai I beg you, please stop including remix versions.

I'll be waiting ....& I am still waiting....

After watching the song I don't have much interest to watch this like JTYJN.

A.ANAND
25th September 2010, 01:55 PM
[tscii:8393965e2f]‘Do nishaniyan’ gives ‘Jhootha Hi Sahi’ soundtrack an edge (IANS Music Review)

Film: “Jhootha Hi Sahi”; Music Director: A.R. Rahman; Lyricist: Abbas Tyrewala; Singers: Rashid Ali, Shreya Ghoshal, Sonu Niigaam, Karthik, Vijay Yesudas, Javed Ali and Chinmayi; Rating: ***

Director Abbas Tyrewala reunited with music maestro A.R. Rahman for his forthcoming film “Jhootha Hi Sahi” to repeat the musical success of “Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na” and the music maestro has composed a beautiful track in the guise of “Do nishaniyan”. The rest of the album has hits and misses, but it’s worth listening to once.

The film, a home production of Saregama, has nine songs.

To begin with, the album offers “Cry cry” crooned by Rashid Ali and Shreya Ghoshal, which is occupying airwaves and broadcasting time currently. The song is different owing to the lyrics and the interesting composition. It is zippy and exudes freshness.

Next in line is “Maiya yashoda” that is doing the rounds of TV channels. It has two versions - one is the Jamuna mix with Chinmayi and Javed Ali and the Thames mix by the same singers. The song has a complete Indian flavour and is quite upbeat.

The Thames mix is quite similar, just that more electronic beats are added to this one.

Then there is Karthik singing “Hello”, a song that totally revolves around the telephone. It’s more of a situation number and even the dialling tone is used in the composition. Not hummable but worth a listen.

Then comes the best song of the album “Do Nishaniyan” with Sonu Niigaam behind the mike. The track has a poignant beginning and Sonu’s silken voice is perfect for this slow-paced rendition. The orchestration is subtle and enjoyable. One of Rahman’s great tracks that shows his prowess of being different.

The track also has a reprise version, sung by the same singer. The version is just a little slower and has more depth, but both the songs are equally interesting.

Next Shreya goes behind the mike yet again for “Pam para”, a foot-tapping and high-on-energy track. It’s neither bad nor brilliant.

“Call me dil” starts with a beautiful acoustic piece that gives it an edge. Rashid Ali does a great job with the vocals. The song is quite melodious and grows on you when you keep listening to it in loop. The soft track manages to create its mark.

Finally, there is a half-English half-Hindi song “I’ve been waiting”, crooned by Vijay Yesdus. The song oozes softness and creates a balmy effect on the listener. A wonderful composition.

On the whole, Rahman has yet again created an album that has a mix of various genres and keeps the listeners’ interest intact.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/do-nishaniyan-gives-jhootha-hi-sahi-soundtrack-an-edge-ians-music-review_100434224.html[/tscii:8393965e2f]

shocker
25th September 2010, 03:34 PM

Way better than the original! I want this version on CD!

Benny Lava
25th September 2010, 03:50 PM
Why so many negatives reviews for Hello Hello? Isn't it a lovely song? :huh:

satissh_r
25th September 2010, 03:54 PM

:exactly: they say it is not hummable :hammer:

A.ANAND
25th September 2010, 06:45 PM

intha songkku negative review-va :shock:

sunnyg
25th September 2010, 11:58 PM
So why the negative reviews in some websites such as planetbollywood?

Or have we become like Ilyaraja music fans! Only his fans appreciate some of his new music, that too in kannada.

I hope not, for the sake of ARR.
I am going to thalaivar's Detroit show tonight.
Looking forward to it!

Sunny

MADDY
26th September 2010, 10:19 AM

Or have we become like Ilyaraja music fans! Only his fans appreciate some of his new music, that too in kannada.

"some" negative reviews and our own negative feeling abt a album/song is "not" public opinion

and pls no Ilayaraja in our section :P

A.ANAND
26th September 2010, 05:04 PM

"some" negative reviews and our own negative feeling abt a album/song is "not" public opinion

and pls no Ilayaraja in our section :P

:exactly:

Guess_Me
26th September 2010, 05:42 PM

I prefer Rashid Ali's version. ARR's high pitched renditions all sound alike. And in this case he always ends the note as Jhootha Hiiiiiiii Sahi while Rashid Ali goes Jhoothaaaaa Hi Sahi which sounds more natural.

rayan36
27th September 2010, 09:24 PM
I prefer Hello Hello on this album!!!!

A.ANAND
28th September 2010, 06:28 AM
[tscii:a8a9d828bd]Review of Jhoota Hi Sahi's Music

I had an argument/debate with a friend of mine a long time ago. I disagreed with him when he said that the expression of genius in art is only as valid as the complexity that goes along with it. For him, the more complex the artistic product, the better. I argued that complexity and intricacy do have its merits, but that emotional appeal is important too, which may be more powerfully expressed through simplicity and ease of accessibility, and perhaps, longer sustaining in terms of value over time.

Rahman's genius has been showcased myriads of times through his musical products, often complex and adventurous, appealing to the dissection and analytical abilities of the left cerebral cortex of the human brain. One often finds his music to be multi layered, unconventional, complex sounding, and generally "thick", which has undoubtedly lead him far and wide in his musical career to heights never seen before by any Indian musical artist within his sphere. But, this "avalanche of sound" as someone recently put it, has not always lead to endearment and appeal among the music lovers, though ARR and his fans can boast that this lack of appeal has been rare…..most of his soundtracks are well appreciated. But, the most important factor that endears one to his music even more than musical wizardry is the emotional concentration contained within and how the music touches one's heart and soul, appealing more to the right cerebral cortex of the human brain. One may argue that earlier in his ARR's career, he was more successful in balancing his music between left and right brain appeal, creating songs that were complex and adventurous, yet emotionally appealing and endearing without one side compromising the other. This is a very debatable topic.

One thing is for sure….you cannot typecast ARR's music in one category. His soundtracks are as distinct to one another as the colors of the rainbow. He has the very unique ability to mould his music to the film, the script, and the director's vision in perfect unison, almost to the point of generating a feeling of disbelief that 2 Rahman soundtracks heard side by side are actually composed by the same man. Labeling his current music as being repetitive, an unproven slant by previous critics and naysayers, is now met by silly looks and general dismissal. However, one may argue that the "stamp of Rahman" was more pronounced and emphasized in the earlier days. Yet, even today, if you hear his music closely enough, there is an unmistakable signature to his varied and diverse soundtracks, but never undermining the versatility of his music, truly reflecting ARR's unique ability to minimize his ego's impact on his creations. One senses that too when you meet him….simple, humble, down to earth, at ease. ….such rare qualities for someone of such high celebrity status, fame, and power.

For the soundtrack of Jhoota HI Sahi, ARR teams up with Abbas Tyrewala, the lyricist and director who created the much acclaimed "Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na" in 2008, with ARR's music for that movie scoring huge points among both masses and classes alike. Does this soundtrack achieve the same mass appealing and class delighting heights? Let's find out!

The soundtrack starts with the low octave voice of Rashid Ali singing "Cry Cry". A very light, breezy, and jazzy track, characterized by bongo based rhythms and a pronounced ARR signature rhythm accent. Beautiful and meaningful lyrics with the folk word "kaiko" heard repetitively, this song speaks of the importance of living your life freely and happily, questioning why we cry and worry so much for small things. I love the acoustic guitar first interlude and the saxophone second interlude. The whole mood created by the music is very light and free flowing. When Shreya Ghoshal joins in later, the song turns into more of a conversation between man and woman, creating a very lilting and charming effect on the listener. The song just flows so beautifully with an easy to remember melody that is very appealing and heartwarming. The ending melts away in a beautiful flute outro.

Singers Chinmayi and Javed Ali step up to the plate next in the folksy "Maiya Yashoda" Jumana Mix, featuring more of a traditional sounding track, showcasing the Radha-Krishna symbolism. Another highly melodious and easy on the ears track with a semi classical singing touch by both Chinmayi and Javed Ali. Chinmayi shows her versatility once again as you would have a hard time recognizing her voice unless you saw the credits or heard the song repeatedly. I love how the word "maakhan" is used throughout, although one may argue that it's heard too frequently! Naveen's flute is played simply, but charmingly through the intro and first interlude. I love the harmonium and dholak backups to the melody and rhythm further adding to the folk sound. Choral contributions are authentic and spritely, featuring raaga Shivaranjani during those sections. The second interlude boasts of a swift sitar solo with rapid notes played brilliantly by Asad Khan, the same instrumentalist who wowed us with his playing in the track "Mausam and Escape" from the soundtrack of "Slumdog Millionaire". The tempo and intensity pick up towards the end with a frenzied finish. Another beautifully flowing track full of folk, Indian ethnicity, simplicity, tradition, and charm.

The phone seems to be a central part of the movie's theme and script, and hence, we have a song featuring the good ol telephone! "Hello Hello" sung by Karthik is an impressive number for its sound textures and groove. A more densely layered track than the previous 2, the use of simple acoustic guitar in creating a mysterious ambiance showcases ARR's s genius in creating a big impact with so little. I do wish the first interlude had more going on in terms of a solo or musical elaboration than just a sound effect. The bridge between the antara and the chorus is the highlight part of the song for me, showcasing beautifully sounding unique guitar textures and extremely ear friendly and appealing vocal harmonies. Telephone sound effects dot the soundscape towards the middle and end of this short track, but done tastefully in sync with the overall flow and groove and not in a clichéd format. It's the overall mood, sound textures, and ambiance of the song that are the main selling points here with less emphasis on melody.

Sonu Nigam returns in the next track, "Do Nishaniyan". Sonu's voice is heard less frequently these days in bollywood film soundtracks, so it felt nice to see him return. One of the most beautiful tracks in the album full of heartwarming melody and classy orchestration, this track can be confidently placed on ARR's evergreen song list. From the starting piano loops to the beautiful Ehru (Chinese string instrument) intro solo, the effect on the listener is extremely soothing and pleasing. Naveen's melodious flute highlights the first musical interlude while ARR's delicate and simple high octave piano playing sprinkles the second interlude. Abbas's lyrics are very classy and sophisticated, though the word "phone" in the middle there took me by surprise! The piano, Ehru, flute, and orchestral sustained strings are the instrumental highlights of this gorgeous and melodious track which left me feeling very enriched and touched at the end. Sonu's singing is in the lower octave range, but he manages some high notes during the antara to showcase his vocal range and emotional expression more poignantly.

A solo Shreya Ghoshal track comes in next with panache, "masti" and punch! A sort of "showtune" track full of jazz, brass, rhythm and pomp, I love how the song starts with Shreya's "la la la" naughty singing that gradually builds up with percussion and claps. Shivamani's percussion makes a big comeback in this track, esp. during the second interlude. I love the Scottish sounding first include with accordion and strings showcasing their sounds. The melody is infectious and the rhythm makes me want to dance! My 4 year old daughter loves this song and can't resist any opportunity to sing along when this song hits the speakers at home or in the car! ARR does justice to this genre of music with this song, though many have expressed their discomfort with this song, probably due to being unfamiliar with this genre of music and not having the acquired taste for it. Abbas's lyrics are apt and catchy. The song ends on a brassy, jazzy exclamation point raised a half pitch higher.

Another album highlight comes next with the debut (I think) voice of Vijay Yesudas, son of the famous sound Indian singer known as Yesudas. Another genre track, harkening back to the olden English/American slow swing jazz romantic tunes of the 1940s and 1950s, ARR once again does complete justice to this genre with very classy, smooth, rich orchestration and very melodious singing by Vijay. Simply a gorgeous track from start to finish, no melodic and soothing stone is left unturned here! ARR's genius shines in this track from start to finish. Abbas T also did a great job with the lyrics…very well in sync with the music and meaningful. I love the delicate piano touches, the highly textured strings, the heavenly flute, and the exquisitely delicious sounding saxophone having 2 solos, once in the middle, once at the end. A very expressive romantic song heard best during a candle lit dinner for 2, or under the stars at night snuggling with your precious one. Some may call this type of music "cheesy", but I call it extremely charming! What class, what class!!!!! This is a type of genre that has not been heard much in bollywood soundtracks….perhaps the first of its kind in an Indian film soundtrack, outside of the usual up-tempo jazz numbers that have been heard before.

"Maiya Yashoda" returns here but in a different avatar….."Thames Mix"! A more Western remixed version of the original song heard earlier, this one is more techno and electronic sounding with a higher tempo. I'm not usually a fan of remix versions of songs, but the type of remix done here is very tasteful and not overdone. The overall integrity of the song is left intact and the effect is very energizing and infectious. The rhythm and groove once again flow very well with no jarring transitions or sounds. A track likely to be heard in clubs and likely to become very popular. Well done, remix team! You've restored my faith in the remix art!
"Do Nishaniyan" also makes a return, but in a different version "Heartbreak Reprise". A slower, sadder version of the previous song, the lyrics are beautifully penned and emphasized more here. Sonu's singing is again beautifully executed with the highlight being the semi classical alaap in the end as the song fades out beautifully sparkled with graceful piano notes. A very touching track…soulful and soothing and just plain beautiful.

The final track is another soundtrack highlight for me…….."Call Me Dil" the title track sung by Rashid Ali. Another genre based number in the mould of a soft acoustic rock, country western format, this song is full of…..you guessed it………melody, soul and flow. Arrangements are relatively thin and simple, but the song's melody, tone, and feel are very positive and uplifting. A very endearing, pleasing, soulful track that is sure to linger in the minds of many for a long time. I love how the strings enhance the acoustic guitar sound texture and with heavy distorted guitar coming in minimally during the last chorus, the impact is very moving. I feel Rashid was the right choice of singer for this song, though many wished that ARR had sung it. It's always a pleasure to hear ARR's voice, but for a song of this genre and feel, I feel Rashid's voice was extremely appropriate and he did full justice to the music. Abbas's lyrics are very meaningful, simple, and heartfelt.

Notice the adjectives that I have used throughout this review……heartfelt, simple, flowing, melodious, fresh, breezy, soothing, touching, charming, lilting, classy, appealing, endearing. This is the type of music you will hear in the soundtrack of Jhoota Hi Sahi. Because of the genre specific nature of many of the songs, the music will be enjoyed most by those with an open musical mind and some familiarity and liking for those genres. But, that is ARR's music for you…….extending and challenging the boundaries of musical experience for all those who are open and mature enough to appreciate what he has to offer….a global palate. His genius in this soundtrack this time is carried through simplicity, ease, delicacy, versatility, subtlety, and heart…not through musical wizardry, adventurism, and complexity. A mostly "right brain" appealing soundtrack, my advice to listeners would be to judge the music through your heart and emotions engendered, not by what you think the soundtrack should have sounded like or any other expectations. Rahman and his musical team made a soundtrack for a film that's a romantic comedy, and so, the music is bound to be light and relatively simple in nature. But, the genius legend still shines here……..in a simpler and more subtle form.

Copyright 2010 by Ichord

source:arryg[/tscii:a8a9d828bd]

rayan36
28th September 2010, 12:09 PM
so far this is my playlist track for this album

1.Hello Hello
2.Pam Pa Raa
3.I've been waiting...

AudazJay
28th September 2010, 12:23 PM
[tscii:ede914f4b5]Review of Jhoota Hi Sahi's Music

Copyright 2010 by Ichord

source:arryg[/tscii:ede914f4b5]

:lol: I think the guy has been extra careful after the incident when one website decided to duplicate his past review as their own. Still, I've always preferred Swaps' review than Ichord's.

A.ANAND
28th September 2010, 12:34 PM
[tscii:39c8212098]Review of Jhoota Hi Sahi's Music

Copyright 2010 by Ichord

source:arryg[/tscii:39c8212098]

:lol: I think the guy has been extra careful after the incident when one website decided to duplicate his past review as their own. Still, I've always preferred Swaps' review than Ichord's.

ithu verayya!! :lol:

A.ANAND
29th September 2010, 06:50 AM
[tscii:2a21e8b06b]Jhootha Hi Sahi: Music Review

By Riyanki
Kolkata: “Jhootha Hi Sahi” is a home production of Saregama. The music of the film is composed by Oscar winner AR Rahman.

In the film he has composed a beautiful track—“Do nishaniyan”. This film album has 9 songs in total. To begin with is an interesting composition sung by Rashid Ali and Shreya Ghosal.

This is a zippy track and exudes freshness. Next in the list comes a song with an Indian flavor “Maiya yashodha” which has two versions. The Jamuna mix is sung by Chinmayi and Javed Ali and the Thames mix has also been sung by the same singers.

This has more electronic beats. “Hello” sung by Karthik is a song that revolves around the telephone. The composition also has a dialing tone.

The most beautiful track is indeed “Do Nishaniyan” sung by Sonu Nigam. It also has a reprised version sung by Sonu Nigam. Then comes Shreya Ghosal’s foot-tapping track “Pam para”. Rashad Ali’s “Call me dil” is a soft and melodious track.

Finally comes Vijay Yesudas’ song “I’ve been waiting”. This wonderful composition is half English and half Hindi. On the whole, this film album is a mix of various genres.

http://www.bollypatrika.com/2010/09/28/jhootha-hi-sahi-music-review/
[/tscii:2a21e8b06b]

lancelot
29th September 2010, 06:39 PM
I'll be waiting.. Saxophone, Piano, Violins and soothing use of symbols combined with the flawless voice of Vijay Yesudas is my favorite song of the album for the day.

Benny Lava
29th September 2010, 08:08 PM
I'll be waiting.. Saxophone, Piano, Violins and soothing use of symbols combined with the flawless voice of Vijay Yesudas is my favorite song of the album for the day.

Yes.. lovely song! :musicsmile: Very much like the songs of 'The Carpenters'

A.ANAND
29th September 2010, 08:38 PM
Monica bonds with Rahman!

Recently, while A R Rahman recorded the background music of Jhootha Hi Sahi at a world-famous studio in Hollywood, LA (the mecca for everything music), he had an unexpected visitor.

It was none other than the dazzling Monica Mancini, the daughter of the legendary Pink Panther composer Henri Mancini.

Double Grammy-nominee Monica Mancini, whose father Henri is to film scores what Rahman is to film music, wanted to meet the Slumdog Millionaire composer, apparently for a collaboration in the near future. Monica's interest in Rahman's music extends beyond the academic. Like her legendary father, Rahman's background scores for films are as exemplary as his vocals. Monica apparently wants to carry forward her father's legacy through a collaborative album with Rahman .

While Rahman refrained from talking about his meeting with the Mancini heir-apparent (Rahman is off the press until the Commonwealth Games get over) the Jhootha Hi Sahi director Abbas Tyrewala confirmed the meeting. "Yeah, Monica Mancini did drop in to meet us. Actually, her husband Greg played drums for our score. That's how she got to know about Rahman's presence in LA."

Abbas said he was unable to give details of Monica's conversation with Rahman.
Says the director, "I was too excited about recording in the same studio where everyone from the Beatles to Louis Armstrong have recorded."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/music/Monica-bonds-with-Rahman/articleshow/6651900.cms

Sunil_M88
30th September 2010, 03:07 PM
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/movies/musicreview/14072/index.html

A.ANAND
30th September 2010, 06:01 PM
IndiaFm Reviews JHS

By Joginder Tuteja, September 30, 2010 - 11:38 IST

EXPECTATIONS

A couple of years back, A.R. Rahman and Abbas Tyrewala created a very good musical outing in the form of Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Naa. But naturally, you do expect something magical all over again in Jhootha Hi Sahi as well. Of course, this one is not a traditional romcom that would result in those template created songs that time and again do fit into the situation. Jhootha Hi Sahi has a telephone instrument pretty much playing the other lead character as well and hence you do expect lyricist Abbas Tyerewala and composer A.R. Rahman to do something different from what is conventional. Still, a feel good score is what you do want to hear eventually.

MUSIC

Write your own music review of Jhootha Hi Sahi Honestly, you don't quite warm up to the opening number 'Cry Cry' instantly. The slow movement of the song coupled with some very simple, though average sounding lyrics, don't make you sit up and notice beyond a point. While Rashid Ali begins crooning this song about being happy in life rather than worrying about things which are not in one's control, Shreya Ghoshal joins in only after half of 'Cry Cry' is through. However, the fact remains that despite giving the song a repeated hearing, it doesn't quite settle down to be the kind of number that qualifies as an opening track in an album.

Slightly taken aback by this time, one plays on 'Maiyya Yashoda' that comes next. This is one of the unlikeliest of Rahman compositions though one doesn't mind that as the simplicity factor pretty works this time around. A festive number about the folk fare of Krishna, his 'Yashoda maiyya' and the 'gopis', 'Maiyya Yashoda' arrives in a 'desi Jamuna Mix' and a 'videsi Thames mix'. The two versions highlight the cultural dissimilarities due to Jamuna and Thames rivers to be on the opposite sides of the continents.

Though the songs do bring on some energy into the album, you still are in lookout for the kind of songs that make an A.R. Rahman soundtrack something special. Thankfully you start getting a glimpse of that with 'Hello Hello' coming in next. This one could well qualify as a theme track since it narrates the tale of the protagonist who - as the receiver of a hotline number - is attached to his phone instrument. Though from the theme perspective, it does remind one of the title theme track of Karthik Calling Karthik, in spirit it is far livelier when compared to the dark undertone that the Farhan Akhtar version carried.

However, the wait to hear something remarkable is finally over with Sonu Nigam coming up with one of the best songs rendered by him - 'Do Nishaaniyan'. Not just the music arrangements are fantastic; the overall flow of 'Do Nishaaniyan' is extremely pleasant as well that makes one play on the number repeatedly. Reminding one of the kind of Mohd. Rafi numbers from the 60s, though presented in a contemporary manner, 'Do Nishaaniyan' not just promises to make an impact in the film's narrative but also stay on with the music lover to be played for many more months to come. No wonder, the song deservedly appears in much slower 'Heartbreak version' as well.

Have you already been impressed with the sound that accompanies the talkie promo of Jhootha Hi Sahi? In that case, there is a reason to celebrate as most of it actually comes from the fun track 'Pam Pa Ra'. A sweet song about a girl being happy with the conversation that she had with a stranger on the hotline, this Shreya Ghoshal rendered track has a heart felt appeal to it and brings on the expected exuberance of the protagonist. Expect some gloss and fluorescence when this song appears on screen.

Vijay Yesudas brings on an international experience with his Hinglish track 'I've Been Waiting' which has a jazzy blue feel to it. Reminding one of 'My Heart Is Beating' [Julie] even though this one is different in theme and spirit, 'I've Been Waiting' works even though it has some heavy duty poetry forming the Hindi lyrics. This one is for a romantic night out and is bound to make your heart beat go even slower if it is in anticipation of your beloved's arrival.

Beginning the album with 'Cry Cry', Rashid Ali ends it with much better 'Call Me Dil'. In fact one really wonders why this song didn't arrive at the very beginning of the album since it has an intrinsic sweetness to it that would have set the context of the film there and then. Telling the tale of the protagonist who is required to hide his identity as someone on the other side of the hotline, it also features the words Jhootha Hi Sahi that lay the foundation of the song.

OVERALL

Jhootha Hi Sahi starts on a jerky note and actually takes some time to settle down. However once it does, it turns out to be a pleasant sounding album that has at least a couple of songs that have a long lasting appeal, if not instant. These A.R. Rahman songs may not turn out to be roaring chartbusters now. Still, it can pretty much be rest assured that if the film works at the box office, the music too would find itself in much demand. Also, for those who can get a hand on the wonderfully packaged 'Collector's Edition', there is also a Karoake CD of all the songs to play around with.

OUR PICK(S)

Do Nishaaniyan, Call Me Dil, Pam Pa Ra

shocker
1st October 2010, 01:17 AM

I prefer Rashid Ali's version. ARR's high pitched renditions all sound alike. And in this case he always ends the note as Jhootha Hiiiiiiii Sahi while Rashid Ali goes Jhoothaaaaa Hi Sahi which sounds more natural.

Late reply, but I like AR's variation on the "Hiiii". Rashid Ali's is too plain. And AR's voice gives the song a whole other perspective.

jinju
2nd October 2010, 02:11 AM
ah, the calm after the storm this album is for me...

my favorites as of now...Call Me Dil (Rashid Ali :notworthy: ), Do Nishaaniyaan (the ever predictable sonu nig number, but still the lyrics n singing r top class! :clap: ), Hello Hello (will somebody other than ARRji give this singer his due in hindi, please...it's high time i say :roll: !), and I'll Be Waiting (Mr. Vijay Yesudas, u r living up to ur last name, especially as of late...keep it going :clap: )!

Cry Cry was underwhelming for me when the promos came out, but after listening to the full song, it's become one of the regulars in my playlist...i especially love the flow of the first charanam, be it the lyrics, the singing, and the instrumentation all give me an OP Nayyar-ish feel (one of my fav MDs)! The Legend should definitely be smiling from up there and showering his blessings on ARRji! :D

Pam Para n Maiyya Yashoda are so-so...creating situational songs (going by the lyrics and the 'main character' being the phone i guess!) in a populistic manner is no easy task, and this is one such album for me. i have a feeling that the numbers will reach a wider audience if the film turns out to be good, hope tyrewala doesn't disappoint!

A.ANAND
5th October 2010, 03:23 PM
Jhootha Hi Sahi may be postponed by a week

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Jhootha-Hi-Sahi-may-be-postponed-by-a-week/692761

A.ANAND
6th October 2010, 05:57 PM
Music Review : Jhootha Hi Sahi

By Satyajit, Bollywood Trade News Network

The name of A.R Rahman is sufficient enough to raise the expectations and status of any entertainer. Despite off-beat subject and low face value, a multiplex entertainer titled JHOOTHA HI SAHI has garnered major attention in Bollywood musical circuits. Unlike some recent hi-profile musical releases like RAAVAN or ROBOT, with average results, this album works more on writer-cum-director Abbas Tyrewala's creative skills rather than on the flick's grandiloquent commercial value or big star status. Inspired by an array of young and promising actors, it promises frothy entertainer for urbane youth with the flair of Rahman's hot "n" happening music. Can JHOOTHA HI SAHI be the one big-shot that can make things going for maestro Rahman? Does the magical grace of A.R Rahman be the driving force in making this album as the most likable thing in low profile entertainer? Let's talk "sach" (truth) and get into its musical facts...

To woo popcorn entertainer loving genre, the first composition comes in Hinglish overtones with "yuppie" friendly cheeky one-liners with fun-filled cheeriness in "Cry Cry". This Rashid Ali's soft voiced crooned number in sluggish mode has conceptual brainwave of Bobby McFerrin's popular song "Don't Worry, Be Happy" but arrangements are conventionally soft-rock and feel is Bollywood-ishly urbane. Rehman's composition is suave and caring as it carries the carefree youthful feel with blend of soft-rock-cum-jazzy tones. It extrudes out as delectable duet with slender Shreya Ghoshal adding her nimble-touched vocals to grace out feminine emotions in the latter half. Abbas Tyrewala's songwriting is too conceptual in thoughts and lacks the desired perkiness that could have made it one fun-loving soundtrack. Against all odds, it's a decent effort (if not mind-blowing) to sensitize out the cheerfully positive mindset and it's on-screen display will be an added feature in narrative flows of the flick.

Family traditions, designer wear outfits, garish settings, synchronized "Garbha" dancing and to make them work together, there is scintillating family feast with Indian ethnicity of Lord Krishna's childhood folklores attached to it in cherubic sounding "Maiyya Yashodha". After composing out a moderate sounding "Mann Mohana" (JODHA AKBAR -2007), Rahman improvises his efforts and pumps in loads of folksy energy in this merry-making track.

Its first version "Maiyya Yashodha (Jamuna Mix)" is beatific "jugalbandi" of traditional Indian instrumentals with enchanting flute notes and harmonized "sitar" displays as its most likable attributes. Javed Ali's yelling vocals are perfect and so is Chinmayi's peculiar willowy voice that melts with the gushing flows of energizing arrangements. Abbas Tyrewala's conceptual thinking in writing has semblance with "Maiyya Yashodha (HUM SAATH SAATH HAIN -1999)" but lyrical flows are now engaging as well as lovable in "easy-on-ears" verses. Rehman's class is visible in control over traditional Indian instrumentals and in tuneful setting of vocals with appealing wordings, adding to the visual grace.

"Maiyya Yashodha (Thames Mix)" is alluring for disco-beat culture listeners and works like typical "club-remix" with extra-enthused fillers, beat-juggles, echoing flute notes in its animated displays. It swivels mood completely and transforms "Garbha" night into discotheque delights and carries the desired zest to make you shake booty on floors. As predicted and presumed from its catchiness and frolicsome thrust, it's likable to be first-choice in promos and has already made its daunting impact on ears. Enthralling!!!

Symbolic old-fashioned telephone as flick's poster-boy gets its conceptual musical footage in Karthik's low pitched mellowed singing in "Hello Hello". Grounded with funky electronic tunes and telephone trin-trin sounds, it comes out in the format of a background score, epitomizing out the finicky mindset of the protagonist about changing phases of love, life and its connection with telephonic rings and conversations. Tyrewala's wordings works like a monologue for the protagonist working as telephone operator while Rahman's composition is logically situational in varying melodic textures. Nothing spectacular in its composition but still thematically inclined to the theme, it works strictly for situational needs and is another civilized addition to the show.

A.R. Rahman as maestro arrives...finally! Harmonized symphony, expressively synchronized orchestration and soulful vocals, a beautiful collage of dignified musical exhibit delivers out an undying magical spell of emotions in "Do Nishanniyan". Sonu Nigam's poignantly communicative vocalizations sublime myriad shades of emotions in lighter tonality of nimble-touched sounds and rhythms, a beautiful hearing piece for melody-loving ears. Rahman's master-class is exemplified to perfection in the ensemble of philharmonic instrumental sounds that are tuned to excellence in sound engineering antics with the brilliance of creatively poetic wordings. Sonu Nigam is superlatively perfect in low octave singing and brings out textures and shades of heartrending emotions in his varying tones. Abbas Tyrewala scores brawny points in those touching wordings -("Kis ki nawazish hui rookhi si zindagi par, Halki si baarish hui sookhi si zindagi par, Hai khauf ke na chura le koi kal, Mere aasmaan se yeh chori ke baadal, Churaye se meherbaaniyan, Mere chehre ki do nishaaniyan...)- that are not only poetically meaningful but also thematically inclined and works as theme track for the flick.

"Do Nishanniyan (Heartbreak Reprise)" is slower brief version that impresses to hilt and makes another worthy attribute to this lively musical show. For all Rahmanics, this soulful melody is something to cherish for years and quality addition to his long listing of soul-enchanting soundtracks. Soulful!!!

After some mellifluous quality singing act by Sonu Nigam, Rahman picks up his another ace in the form of Shreya Ghoshal to shoulder out cherubically "girlie" fun-filled track in "Pam Para". To emote out the heart-felt emotions of girl-in-love in telephonic conversation. Shreya jesters it more with repetitive chorus singing that are recurring as well as loud at places. It falls somewhere in between "Aye Bacchu" and "Latoo" (GHAJINI -2008) with strong 60's jazzy party feel attached to it. This time the composer has been extra-experimental in packing wackiness over zestful energy and the output is above average and situational.

To please out international listeners and add innovative romantic feel, Rahman touches an unconventional and least accepted musical genre (in Bollywood) of conventional jazz music in "I'll be waiting for you". Vijay Yesudas's pensive voice narrates out the eager anticipation of lovable communion in lovely moonlight with his innocent heartfelt emotions melting out in Hinglish wordings. Soft drums, saxophone notes and light piano drills are at the helm of affairs and together they support the romantic jazzy feel. Vijay's sincere effort is laudable but still the composition sounds more restricted to small sect of listeners and another situational background score for the flick.

To listeners and readers surprise, it might be pointed out that JHOOTHA HI SAHI was earlier titled as CALL ME DIL and it has all justification as the last attribute "Call me Dil" gist out the theme of the flick in simple wordings. Light-hearted guitar strumming gives a breezy welcome to the track in typical 60's archetypical rock number with lively pitched wordings. Rashid Ali's slender voice is soothing and mixes well into the contours of soft-rock mode music that talk about the "real" identity of the protagonist as true lover to his beloved. Rahman's jingle based composition is lovable and has that youthful yore that can be played again and again on delightful youthful feast or bonfire nights. This mellowed "n" spunky number is significantly penned to emote out the touching romantic feel and is rhythmically perfect to the situation. Rashid's voice is bliss and so are Rahman's modest arrangements that play suave and simple in its pleasing composition. Lovable!!!

JHOOTHA HI SAHI is an above average affair and has its share of successes in couple of soundtracks. It cannot be termed as the finest of the maestro but still redeems hopes of making its presence felt in tracks like "Maiyya Yashodha (Jamuna Mix)", "Do Nishanniyan" and "Call Me Dil". After getting mixed responses in recently released RAAVAN and ROBOT (Superhit in Tamil, average in Hindi), Rahman delivers out another reasonably good album that should be a catalyzing factor in the flick's narration, but still nothing spectacularly chartbusting about it.

Rating - 3.5/5

http://www.glamsham.com/music/reviews/06-jhootha-hi-sahi-music-review-101013.asp

A.ANAND
7th October 2010, 05:22 PM
[tscii:f430f4f6cd]Jhootha Hi Sahi brings the LP days back

LPs are spinning back into our lives. Saregama brings back the era of LP with ‘Jhootha Hi Sahi’ after 13 years by launching its soundtrack on LP, with music composed by none other than Oscar Award Winner AR Rahman, who is equally excited on listening to the concept and revival of LP format. Connoisseurs of music will treasure the quality of sound which emerges from this format.

“Saregama has some of the oldest & best catalogue in the history of Bollywood. The last LP which was sold 13 years back by Saregama was Dil To Pagal Hai in 1997. Jhootha Hi Sahi music has this timeless classic feel to it, so we got this innovative idea of bringing back the era of LP,” says Apurv Nagpal, MD, Saregama India Ltd.

“We already have started getting great response for the Jhootha Hi Sahi-LP. John Abraham was the first to book an LP and a player. Soon we also intend to cut our other albums in the LP format,” ends Mr. Apurv Nagpal, MD, Saregama India on an excited note.

[/tscii:f430f4f6cd]

Ramakrishna
7th October 2010, 06:47 PM
What is LP?

littlemaster1982
7th October 2010, 07:40 PM
LP stands for Long Play. Gramaphone Record-dhan adhu.

Dragun
7th October 2010, 09:08 PM
Wow, I'd love to get my hands on this. I found an LP of Kizhakku Cheemayile on eBay a few months ago. Gentleman was also released on LP. I think those are the only ARR titles available on LP.

slperson1
14th October 2010, 12:53 AM
Does anyone know where I can get the 2 Disc Collector's Edition online to get shipped to the USA?

Dragun
18th October 2010, 09:58 AM
I think Saregama.com will ship to the US, but shipping to the US costs adds $10, according to the FAQ. Don't know how much the LP itself costs (even after I put it in the cart), nor can I select USA as my country when I put it in the cart. Their site is so poorly designed.

littlemaster1982
18th October 2010, 10:47 AM
They messed up things during audio release too. Why try something when you don't resources for that :?

Dragun
18th October 2010, 09:23 PM
Maybe its good that Saregama hasn't gotten an ARR release in a long time (barring their crappy re-releases of Pyramid's Tamil CDs). They can't do anything right. I tried going to a couple of different stores locally in the US and they did not have it. Seems like T-Series and Sony are more on the ball about that stuff.

ajaybaskar
19th October 2010, 02:48 PM
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1659735859576

http://www.facebook.com/JhoothaHiSahi

ajaybaskar
19th October 2010, 02:50 PM
Abbas Tyrewala on working with A.R Rahman

The music is by AR Rahman, which you know I loved. How was it working with him?

This was the second time around. I worked with him on my first film so there was already a certain rapport, there was also a certain established ease of interaction. Both of us really wanted to work together with each other. I really don't know how to describe the journey; there is a very spiritual aspect to making music with Rahman. Of course, he reads your script; of course, you tell him the story, and then we discuss song situations, then he will come up with some tunes. You will kind of like one melody and you will build on it, then you put the words and then you record, then you evaluate; it is constantly a work in progress. It is never done until it is done. You are constantly seeing your music evolving more and more and sometimes something will start from a completely different space and go on to become a different song. A song that started off almost being a rock ballad can end up becoming a completely bare piece with a single guitar and some songs will just start off with one simple groove and nothing else and grown on to be filled with strings and flutes and violins and cellos. The music never stops talking to him, the sounds never stop talking to him, every time he sits down he will do something with them. It is something that is a very beautiful and it is an active relationship with music. It is not passive, it is not intellectual. Some music directors' creativity is almost completely intellectual; they will conceive of it in its finished form and they will go with that and seldom question it again. They will make it perfect in their heads before they record and they will create the song exactly the way they have imagined it. They will execute that first plan. Over here there is never a plan, there is only a template, then there is only a scratch, then there is only a working form, then there is an embellished form, then there is a finished form. Then there will be what all the people associated with Rahman call the "last magic": that last one hour where Rahman will sit on your sound just before the final mix and do something with it that can alter its entire texture. It is quite a remarkable process.

What is your favorite song?

Well, I have different favorite songs. As a lyricist, I think my favorite songs would be 'Hello Hello' and 'Do Nishaniyan' because of the lyrical form that is sort of different than a song that becomes more popular. I think there is some pretty funky and interesting stuff going on with the lyrics of 'Hello Hello', which is really sort of unusual and very, very modern and very contemporary. Not exactly the words and phrases you are used to hearing in a lot of Hindi songs so I really like that. I really liked 'Do Nishaniyan' because it is a sort of Bollywood love ballad in a very, very classical sense and therefore unlike the stuff I normally do: almost lover-like lyrics and very anguished romantic poetry. As a lyricist I guess those are my favorites. As a director, listening to the songs in my film and how they occur and where they occur I might kind of respond to a different song, and as a listener just listening in my car I will respond to a different song. I think that is the truest test: what do you like to listen to in your car? For me that would be 'I'll be Waiting' and 'Call Me Dil'.

Full interview :

http://www.bollyspice.com/view.php/5800-the-biggest-highlight-that-is-really-going-to-make-the-movie-extremely-memorable-is-john-8217-s-performance-abbas-tyrewala.html

Mahen
19th October 2010, 07:23 PM
Friday release rite? kanfirmed watching it...I hate jahnny boy, ARR-kaga paka poren :) As for Tyrewala, was not impressed with JTYJN..so lets see wat he has to offer :)

Btw whats with their names tyrewala, ronnie screwala.. :lol:

littlemaster1982
19th October 2010, 11:49 PM
ARR in FB

Here is the 'moonlight', with love from all of us to you! No synthesizers, no vocoders, no rhythm machines. Just plain love and acoustic instruments recorded at Capitol Records, L. A. Strings was done in good old Chennai. Composing a song like this was a long time dream. It is the sound of another era where love had innocence. Hope it inspires you to fall in love again. :-) Special thanks to Abbas Tyrewala who agreed to release this track specially for you all and I hope you enjoy watching Jhootha Hi Sahi, the movie, releasing on the 22nd of October.

Check out the song in his FB page 8-)

ajaybaskar
20th October 2010, 08:10 AM
Masterji,

Can u provide us with a d/l link?

A.ANAND
20th October 2010, 08:11 AM
I've been waiting- female version

http://www.facebook.com/arrahman/posts/443700766719

A.ANAND
20th October 2010, 08:23 AM
Do Nishaniyaan - Jhootha Hi Sahi

http://www.bollyspice.com/view.php/5810-do-nishaniyaan-jhootha-hi-sahi.html

A.ANAND
20th October 2010, 08:29 AM
abbas tyrewala really lucky guy! :D :thumbsup:

littlemaster1982
20th October 2010, 08:53 AM
Masterji,

Can u provide us with a d/l link?

I've been waiting (Female) (http://www.divshare.com/download/12901544-cbd)

Mahen
20th October 2010, 10:58 AM
cant open FB/youtube :evil: yaaru female singer?

littlemaster1982
20th October 2010, 11:19 AM

Adhu theriyala. Not Shreya Goshal for sure.

A.ANAND
20th October 2010, 11:22 AM

Adhu theriyala. Not Shreya Goshal for sure.

maybe tanvishah or suzane :roll:

Mahen
20th October 2010, 05:48 PM
Im guessing its Viviane..because the english has french 'vaadai'

A.ANAND
20th October 2010, 07:53 PM
mayya yashodha theme..

http://www.facebook.com/#!/arrahman/posts/444030176719

A.ANAND
20th October 2010, 08:13 PM
piano and sax chumma kathakali aduthuppa!mindblowing!

:clap: :boo: :2thumbsup:

Mahen
20th October 2010, 08:34 PM
booked tickets on saturday 9pm

Ramakrishna
20th October 2010, 08:57 PM
Anybody planning to watch it in Chennai?

Mahen
22nd October 2010, 05:42 AM
Change of plans..watching it today 6pm 8-)

Mahen
22nd October 2010, 11:27 AM
Padam mokkai pola... :oops: Still gona watch it :)

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/movies/review/14072/index.html

Director Abbas Tyrewala has filmed a number of sequences impeccably, but the writing is flaccid and the prime reason why the film fails to register an impact. Rahman's music is of the fast-forward variety and that's all the more surprising since the duo [Rahman and Tyrewala] had come up with a winning score in JAANE TU YA JAANE NA

:twisted:

MADDY
22nd October 2010, 03:00 PM
http://movies.rediff.com/report/2010/oct/22/jhootha-hi-sahi-review.htm

only 2 stars :(