PDA

View Full Version : AYAN-Harris-AVM-KV Anand

Mahen
17th January 2009, 06:50 PM
AVM's Ayan audio on Jan 19
By Moviebuzz | Saturday, 17 January , 2009, 16:56

The audio of the most eagerly awaited music album of the year Harris Jayaraj's Ayan is hitting the music shops on Monday, January 19.

AVM's Ayan starring Surya and Tamannaah is directed by cinematographer turned director K.V Anand. It has five songs tuned by Harris Jayaraj and is said to be a mixture of melody, peppy and a western number.

The songs were lavishly shot in Malaysia, Tanzania, South Africa, and Namibia and on the sets in Chennai. Remember K.V Anand is one director who pays special attention on picturisation. Who can forget the great songs and picturisation in his debut film Kana Kandein?

In all probability Ayan music by Harris Jayaraj is going to rock and top the charts. The film is now slated for release in February.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14839060

Mahen
17th January 2009, 06:57 PM
'Ayan' audio launch on 19 January
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, January 17, 2009]

Get ready to listen 'Ayan' songs from 19 January. The much-awaited audio of 'Ayan', from the stable of AVM Productions will be out from 19 January.

'Ayan' stars Suriya and Tamanna in the lead roles and is directed by cinematographer K V Anand. Harris Jeyaraj has come up with half-a-dozen peppy numbers.

Speaking about the film, Anand says, 'Doing a movie for the AVM banner is not easy. One has to keep reputation of the production house intact. We planned everything and thank Almighty, everything went on well. It will be an entertainer with Suriya at his best'.

Harris Jayaraj's musical score is a strong point, he says. Produced by M Saravanan, M S Guhan, Aruna Guhan and Aparna Guhan, 'Ayan' is ready for release soon.

Mahen
17th January 2009, 07:03 PM
Hope harris maintains his top form...VA was brilliant..Having high hopes on AYAN... :)

Btw, a bit song from the movie sung by hariharan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_k2snvyuhM

Mahen
19th January 2009, 11:47 AM
Bought AYAN :D HArris delivers another instantly likable album...

Tracks

1)Pala pala - hariharan
This songs picks up after the interlude..Enjoyable song
Rating - 4.5/5

2) Nenje nenje - mahathi, harish ragvendra
Absolute winner...If DD had An en anbe and VA had nenjikul, for
ayan its nenje nenje...
Rating - 5/5

3) Vizhi Moodi - KArthik
Another brilliant song...The style of this song is similar to Arabu
naade (thotal poo malarum)..
Rating - 5/5

4) Thoovum Poo Mazhai - Benny, HAricharan,Chinmayee
Typical harris number..Sounds like one of his telegu numbers...
Rating: 4/5

5) Honey honey - Sayanora,devan
Annoying song...Sayanora irritates with her singing style..SKIP
Rating: 2.5/5

viraajan
19th January 2009, 12:00 PM
Good review mahen. I'm yet to get the CD :hammer: Will come tomrw he says :(

Thalafanz
19th January 2009, 12:06 PM
Mahen, irunthAlum ellA pAttukkum 4 out of 5 or 5 out of 5 :shock: kodukkurathu konjam ovEr-A illa... :roll:

Mahen
19th January 2009, 12:09 PM
Mahen, irunthAlum ellA pAttukkum 4 out of 5 or 5 out of 5 :shock: kodukkurathu konjam ovEr-A illa... :roll:

Im quite generous with ratings :) Im not musically trained to give exact ratings...MY ratings are straight from the heart...Vira, im uploading the best 2 tracks at the moment...Rushing for work...Will give you the link in a while

Mahen
19th January 2009, 12:28 PM
Vira, check pm..Guys i have uploaded nenje nenje and viziyil...Get the links from vira...im off to work..cheers

Kumarappa
19th January 2009, 01:16 PM
After 1st listening the songs sound just ok, definitely not up to VA. Somewhere between Dhaam Dhoom and Sathyam I felt. Vaaranam Aayiram can't be topped by this album.

inetk
19th January 2009, 02:14 PM
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2009/01/19/music-review-ayan-tamil-harris-jeyaraj/

baba88
19th January 2009, 11:25 PM
I don't know if you have the same feeling but for me this is another attack of Harris Copyraj !!!!!

Listen to Vili Moodi. And now to Kabhi Kabhi Aditi Zindagi from Jaane tu Ya Jaane Na (ARR).

Mahen
19th January 2009, 11:37 PM
I don't know if you have the same feeling but for me this is another attack of Harris Copyraj !!!!!

Listen to Vili Moodi. And now to Kabhi Kabhi Aditi Zindagi from Jaane tu Ya Jaane Na (ARR).

Nope..Cant find any similarities..Villi moodi is a cross between arubu naadu and kan pesum varthai (7g)...Enathaan copy adichalum, paatu supera irukku :D :oops:

rashid2raj
19th January 2009, 11:45 PM
Is it me, or is there too much reverb in Nenje Nenje song? Btw. who's mastering Harris' tracks? And What the ####!??? He uses a MIDI beat for Vili Moodi, OMG that clap. Can't stop laughing. However superb melodies, and a really good album, though. The Vili moodhi beat reminds of us, arabu naade. However as Baba points out, the melody is a lift from Kabhi Kabhi.

baba88
20th January 2009, 12:09 AM
Ooh Aiye Aiye sound like Adhiye Kolluthe Part 1 1/4
and some parts of Nenje Nenje sound like Ivan Yaaro from Minnale

interz
20th January 2009, 02:59 PM
Romeo Aattam Poattaal ... Pala Pala
Honey Honey - Indian M.I.A song???

Other songs also rehash.

Nothing new from HJ here either. Just average in my ears... but HJ can get away with rehashing which Vidyasagar cant.

viraajan
20th January 2009, 03:15 PM
Vizhi moodi was :cool2: mainly for Karthik's voice :musicsmile:
Nenje Nenje, though the song is good, i don't find anything new orchestration wise. pretty cliche :roll:

Pala pala is ok and the other two tracks are jus (below)average :huh:

rashid2raj
20th January 2009, 04:47 PM
People always compare HJ to ARR, i just thought Ayan VS. Delhi 6..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OMG, can't believe the quality difference musical wise, and technically too.

SoftSword
20th January 2009, 07:10 PM
links please...

SoftSword
20th January 2009, 08:13 PM
oflate i find harris to be good since VA...
atleast he tries something new nowadays, though he doesn try any sound...

and ayan is also impressive in the first listen...

SoftSword
20th January 2009, 08:27 PM
dono why the rhythm of pala pala reminds me the "oonai oonai" track from Alli Arjuna...
also traces of "puyalae puyalae" from koyil...

viraajan
20th January 2009, 08:50 PM
oflate i find harris to be good since VA...
atleast he tries something new nowadays, though he doesn try any sound...

and ayan is also impressive in the first listen...

VA-ku appuram idhu thaanga vandhurukku :oops: :roll:

VA is outstanding. This is just a decent album. Nothing less.... nothing much... :?

popeye11
20th January 2009, 08:52 PM
Instantly likebale album..

However doesnt give the "wanna hear again" feel like his VA did

SoftSword
20th January 2009, 08:53 PM
i know vir... am just saying taht i liked VA.. and this one too... his previous works i was not at all impressed...
guess he has done some majnu kinda music...

viraajan
20th January 2009, 08:55 PM
:cool2: SS :D

Agree with Popye... three months down the line, I don't know if i'll find these tracks in my list... But VA tracks will. :cool2: :musicsmile:

sloshed
20th January 2009, 09:18 PM
Been to south america on a hiatus... came back listened to Nan Kadavaul... Kannil Paarvai left me stunned..Nandhala next.. Mella Oorthu Oornthu ..gave me goosebumps.. listened to delhi 6 and Ayan at a stretch .. Now going back to Kannil Paarvai...

Either Delhi 6 and Ayan needs more listening to be impressive or Raja's comebacks are detrimental to my taste?Dont know...:-(

sloshed
20th January 2009, 09:23 PM
And Yes .. Ayan is the weakest effort by HJ in a long time

vasanth2006
20th January 2009, 11:17 PM

But couple of tracks stand out....

baba88
20th January 2009, 11:30 PM
http://itwofs.com/audio/YedhoOndru-LaysaLaysa.rm
http://itwofs.com/audio/GodRestYeMerryGentlemen-TraditionalCarol.rm

Mahen
20th January 2009, 11:38 PM

Nope.. satyam was his weakest...Ayan is quite good actually (minus the honey honey song)..

After repeated listenings, kinda like thuvam mazhai now :)

Mahen
20th January 2009, 11:38 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-music-reviews/review-1/ayan.html

rashid2raj
21st January 2009, 03:48 AM
http://itwofs.com/audio/YedhoOndru-LaysaLaysa.rm
http://itwofs.com/audio/GodRestYeMerryGentlemen-TraditionalCarol.rm

:roll: hmmm,

sgmsin
21st January 2009, 12:38 PM
Very average stuff from Harris.

dinesh2002
21st January 2009, 04:03 PM
Good album from Harris.... only Honey Honey sounds out of place. The rest are listenable. Pala Pala is definetly Romeo Attam Pottal... guess he is not going to stop doing this reharsh-from-Rahman work.... :roll:

Vizhi Moodi simply reminds me of a 1990s song... cant seem to catch it....

SoftSword
22nd January 2009, 03:54 PM
i wonder where had all our hj fans gone... :confused:

viraajan
23rd January 2009, 12:13 PM
A line from Vizhi moodi.

"Vinnodum, mugilodum, vilayadi thirindhidumE"

Vetkame illama lines-a repeatu adichurukkapla... :huh:

Pa.Vi? (Actually Paavi) :roll: Or Na. Mu :roll:

dinesh2002
26th January 2009, 08:48 AM
[tscii:be20df3d0d]Ayan Music Review

Ayan - The Return of Harris
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, January 20, 2009]

Winning laurels with his tracks for 'Vaaranam Aayiram', Suriya is back to strike gold with his forthcoming film 'Ayan'. K.V. Anand who won laurels for his debut directorial 'Kana Kandein' is back wielding the megaphone for this film produced by AVM Productions. A commercial entertainer, the auteur seems to have mixed exceptional plotlines. And here comes the most grandiloquent pair of Harris Jayaraj and Suriya who worked magic with 'Kaakha Kaakha', 'Ghajini' and the recent 'Vaaranam Aayiram'.

The Musical Album of 'Ayan' has 5 melodies belonging to various genres…

1. Pala Listen here

Singer: Hariharan

Lyricist: Vairamuthu

Remember the most fantastic song of 2008! Yeah, it's none other than 'Nenjukkul Paidhidum' with Hariharan rendering voice for it. Over here, he croons for the same actor but with a different style. Unlike the melodious one, this track is a grand fast moving peppy number that carries an electrifying message for youngsters.

2. Nenje Nenje Listen here

Singer: Malathi, Harish Raghavendra

This one is a romantic number with poignant lyrics centering on a young lad and his missy looking out for pure love. Harris Jayaraj has picked up apt singers in Malathi and Harish Raghavendra and his choice doesn't disappoint you. Unforeseen efforts from Malathi are revealing with her intonations and ditto to Harish Raghavendra who is up with the same show as in 'Azhagiya Theeye' of Minnale.

3. Honey Honey Listen here

Singer: Devan, Sayonara Philip

'Sensuous', 'Sultry' (you can use the best of words for this song) … brimming with such feel, Harris tunes a melody with the beats on Congo drums running all through the rendering. Intonation of Sayonara Philip steals the show while Devan's strides creates a penchant feel amongst the listeners.

4. Vizhi Moodi Listen here

Singer: Karthik

'Oru Maalai'- A splendid song that never fades from our memories had Harris and Karthik on the tracks. And again, we've another melody churned by this duo and Vairamuthu's lyrics of a lad's intrinsic feel when in love captivates. This one is sure to rock as a chartbuster. Marvelously orchestrated beats with female vocalism in preludes offers complete enhancement.

5. Oyayiye Aayiye Listen here

Singer: Haricharan, Benny Dayal and Chinmayee

Lyrics: Vairamuthu

'Perky lines and peppy tune' has a big sensation for young hearts. Haricharan, Benny Dayal and Chinmayee deliver with elegance on their quotients. KV Anand's innovative motif and Prabhu's cinematography are sure to turn the song a lot more fantastic on screen.

On the whole, 'Ayan' has a whole lot of mix in spellbinding melodies and mind-boggling peppy numbers. Undoubtedly, Harris is there over the top with the prodigious score for his ducky actor Surya.

Verdict: Worth heeding to…

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/musicreview/10092.html

Seriously, the review and the songs dun match at all... :huh: dun think the songs deserve this kinda review... its good, but not "wow" or anything extraordinaire like what is mentioned here... what u guys think???? :? [/tscii:be20df3d0d]

littlemaster1982
26th January 2009, 08:50 AM
Dinesh,

It depends on the person. Why bother ;)

viraajan
26th January 2009, 09:05 AM
Dinesh,

-deleted-

deegent-aana album.

spell bounding, mind blowing album-nu solradhu ellam remba overu....

dinesh2002
26th January 2009, 10:00 AM
Dinesh,

-deleted-

deegent-aana album.

LM... just wanted to share my thoughts...

Athan viraajan .... nowadays passable albums r being called mind blowing, masterpiece.... dunno what has happened to our generation makkals.... :P

littlemaster1982
26th January 2009, 10:09 AM
Dinesh,

-deleted-

deegent-aana album.

I got it Dinesh :D But it could be interpreted in a different way. You know what I mean :)

dinesh2002
26th January 2009, 05:25 PM
Dinesh,

-deleted-

deegent-aana album.

I got it Dinesh :D But it could be interpreted in a different way. You know what I mean :)

Haha... LM... i seriously dun get u... :lol: but seriously, that review was abit too much... nalla superana paatellam 'OK' ne solluvange, inthamathiri sottaiyana paatekellam "subaarr" ne solluvange... dun understand these people....

A.ANAND
27th January 2009, 06:18 PM
Haha... LM... i seriously dun get u... but seriously, that review was abit too much... nalla superana paatellam 'OK' ne solluvange, inthamathiri sottaiyana paatekellam "subaarr" ne solluvange... dun understand these people....-DINESH

:lol: it's true dinesh!indiaglitz-kku ellorum venum athan!avangga business pannarangga illaya athan matter!naan eppavum indiaglitz
review mattum serius-sa eduthukka matten!including arr album :D

baba88
5th February 2009, 06:40 PM
The starting of Ooh Aiye Aiye sounds like the starting of Secret of Success

Boys - Secret of Success
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1kEL1KVZ0E

The starting of Nenje Nenje sounds like Malai Malai.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKzkZ-LrCFE

Ullam Ketkume - Malai Malai
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhPieX6XVEE

Mahen
30th March 2009, 10:44 AM
Ayan new song..Wonder why it is not in the album..Nice song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tSgqszgsXw&feature=channel_page