PDA

View Full Version : Interesting list of top 20 actors at KWood (based on market)

Pages : [1] 2

app_engine
2nd February 2009, 02:56 AM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-3/top-20-actors/top-20-actors.html

Quite interesting, and seems to reflect the current market value.

1. RK 2. KH 3. Vijay 4.Surya 5. Ajith & so forth...

app_engine
2nd February 2009, 03:01 AM
Don't ask me how I landed on this list...there was a link from Dinamalar newspaper:-) And their top ten movies of 2008 also seems reasonable :
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-3/top-10-tamil/top-ten.html

podaskie
2nd February 2009, 07:59 AM
vijay rocks

jaaze
2nd February 2009, 08:02 AM
Dubakoorwoods is quite right this time

MADDY
2nd February 2009, 08:11 AM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-3/top-20-actors/top-20-actors.html

:rotfl: i remember SOK(just bcos it was a ARR film) pre release works......i enquired a theater owner on why SOK was not having any publicity in-around the theater........he told that there was no fans for surya who can stick posters, tie thoranams etc :lol: surya has ladies fans who watch kolangal and arasi not movies in theaters(no offence meant but thats how it works)........maybe by market they mean koyambedu market where he might be owning 2-3 shops

in BO, its Kamal, Rajini, Ajith, Vijay and rest - period......sam anderson, surya ellam list-laye illa

jaaze
2nd February 2009, 08:18 AM
I agree Surya has no fans who would post thoranams and cutouts and paal abishegam etc. His major fan group are girls and women.

But his movies have been doing quite good, just that the list should state him after ajith. Other than that nothing wrong.

NOV
2nd February 2009, 08:19 AM
In Malaysia, after Dasavatharam, the highest collection last year was for Varanam Aayiram.

I dont think fans alone can decide on how much a film can make. :roll:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
2nd February 2009, 08:22 AM
hmm, orutharukku, eppadi indirect publicity pannanumgarathu thanni patta paadu, innoruthar ellaathayum muriyadichaalum maniratnathukku machaanaagittaar (mouna virathathula).... enna solla

thilak4life
2nd February 2009, 08:30 AM
What nonsense with Surya? Surya-GM is a tested combo, illaiya? You can't judge the box office power. Admittedly a risky example, It's like Spielberg(at fear of being mentioned any where near GM) with Tom hanks, a tested commercial pair. Even if that grosses a higher amount, it wouldn't mean Hanks has a higher market value than Will Smith.

Or in North, Abhishek working with Mani Ratnam for the next film. Still wouldn't compare to Hrithik Roshan in BO power.

MADDY
2nd February 2009, 08:35 AM
In Malaysia, after Dasavatharam, the highest collection last year was for Varanam Aayiram.

yes, it takes a good script or hype for movies to run....VA's success is combination of GM+HJ's trade value..........which means, if GM had dhanush in VA, then too it would have been successful.........but can surya make a movie like thirupathi run or will he ever get a hit like Ghilli.......

1. Audio sales - partly belongs to MDs but actors too have a say in it
2. pre-release hype (buzzz around the movie, talk of the town etc)
3. Opening (people just watch the movie for him, without knowing how the movie is)
4. no. of days Run/total collections

i think apart from AJ,VI,RK,KH none of them can gurantee the above 4 on their own.....i agree they too struggle but their numbers are much more than others.....that is trade value.......

gimme a break, surya is just a bundle of hype

NOV
2nd February 2009, 08:40 AM
yeah right, GM/HJ is more marketable than Surya. :lol2:

EdhO neenga ellaam sandhOshama irundhaa seri. :wave:

Nerd
2nd February 2009, 08:43 AM
in BO, its Kamal, Rajini, Ajith, Vijay and rest - period......sam anderson, surya ellam list-laye illa
Not in that order.

MADDY
2nd February 2009, 08:46 AM
Not in that order.

i know its a contentious issue :lol: 10A broke all records, i think it does have a impact on rankings isnt it?? maybe i dunno, but i never tried to rank these 4 people.......my case was like "these 4" and "the rest"

Nerd
2nd February 2009, 08:52 AM
10A broke all records,
No it dint. Even if it did, Kamal stays at #2.

OK, I am off this thread :lol:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
2nd February 2009, 09:01 AM
hmm, orutharukku, eppadi indirect publicity pannanumgarathu thanni patta paadu, innoruthar ellaathayum muriyadichaalum maniratnathukku machaanaagittaar (mouna virathathula).... enna sollaithai naanga mothallaye pottuttomla :lol: :lol2:

Sourav
2nd February 2009, 09:08 AM
VJK is not in the list... :shock:
Jai, Karthi, Prithiviraj, Narain, Prasanna Alavukku kooda VJK-ku BO value illaya? EKSI!
Ithellam oru therthal...

sarna_blr
2nd February 2009, 09:20 AM

malaysia is not thamizhnadu :lol2:

sarna_blr
2nd February 2009, 09:28 AM

:rotfl: :rotfl:
app_engine sir, 1,2,3 is genuine :) 4 is :rotfl: :rotfl: Surya ellaam 4th place'la :rotfl2: :rotfl2: ada pOngapaa :sigh2:

indha comedy list'ku oru thread'u :huh: enna koduma sir idhu ......

List should/will be like this.... RK, KH,Vj, Aj and so on...... as per current market value 8-)

Raikkonen
2nd February 2009, 09:29 AM

:lol:

inga oduna?. His movies will NEVER have grand opening like Rajini, Kamal, Ajith, Vijay movies. VA picked up after it's release, and collectons here means J and S when it comes to overall collection for producer.

his movies only apply aunties and horlicks' mamas and some attu figures. A centre mattum illa, city, cengaplattu, north arkadu, south arkadu, fms-nu ellam centralayum odanum..

sarna_blr
2nd February 2009, 09:39 AM

inga oduna?. His movies will NEVER have grand opening like Rajini, Kamal, Ajith, Vijay movies. VA picked up after it's release, and collectons here means J and S when it comes to overall collection for producer.

his movies only apply aunties and horlicks' mamas and some attu figures. A centre mattum illa, city, cengaplattu, north arkadu, south arkadu, fms-nu ellam centralayum odanum..

:exactly:

and mostly these online websites cover ONLY A-centres like Sathyam Inox etc .... they wont cover the real world ..... indha attu websites solra status'a kanakkula vachchu pEsuravangakitta :lol2: ennaththa solli... ennaththa puriyavakka :sigh2:

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 09:42 AM
i know its a contentious issue :lol: 10A broke all records, i think it does have a impact on rankings isnt it?? maybe i dunno, but i never tried to rank these 4 people.......my case was like "these 4" and "the rest"

:notworthy:

sarna_blr
2nd February 2009, 10:51 AM
yeah right, GM/HJ is more marketable than Surya. :lol2:

EdhO neenga ellaam sandhOshama irundhaa seri. :wave:

Let us wait for Ayan to decide the fact :lol2:

Mahen
2nd February 2009, 10:59 AM

and mostly these online websites cover ONLY A-centres like Sathyam Inox etc .... they wont cover the real world ..... indha attu websites solra status'a kanakkula vachchu pEsuravangakitta :lol2: ennaththa solli... ennaththa puriyavakka :sigh2:

What about Vel? Heard it was a blockbuster in b and c centres..

villan007
2nd February 2009, 11:10 AM

enga malaysia liya :lol:

avven
2nd February 2009, 11:12 AM

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sourav
2nd February 2009, 11:15 AM

Vel producer kettanar-na remmba santhoshapaduvaru....atleast rumour-layavathu namma padam blockbuster aaguthennu... :lol: JK.

viraajan
2nd February 2009, 11:17 AM
Vel was a super hit and did a very good business in BO :P

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 11:19 AM

just because his male fans doesnt do "beer abishekam" - it doesnt mean he doesnt have male audience.He also have aunties and horlicks mamas support which adds upto his market.

and regarding the b and c audience - if a guy has a pull in A centre half of the work is done as the major part of the collection is from A centre.

remember,vijay have 3 flops continuously,while surya was able to pull it off in his previous movies in a convincing way.

steveaustin
1. Box office successes from 2005 to 2009

Ajith, the only actor to deliver two Blockbusters from 2005 to 2009 other than PADMASHREE. IMO, PADMASHREE to be No.1 according to BO success. By present trade value Superstar may be No.1 closely followed by PADMASHREE. Regarding future projects Surya or Arya may grab No.1 spot.

Is this Behindwoods or BehindScreen?? :lol2:
Is it about Blockbusters or Flopbusters?? :lol2:

Vivasaayi

Vel producer kettanar-na remmba santhoshapaduvaru....atleast rumour-layavathu namma padam blockbuster aaguthennu... :lol: JK.

vel is a genuine hit by the way.

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 11:21 AM
Behind woods have this habit of delivering top 10 top 20 lists and increase their viewership.

nee enna periya judge-a

Sourav
2nd February 2009, 11:21 AM

vel is a genuine hit by the way.
K... 8-)
Ya...i know its a hit...dunno how much...didnt watch the movie too...

viraajan
2nd February 2009, 11:22 AM
Behind woods have think knack of delivering top 10 top 20 lists and increase their viewership.

nee enna periya judge-a

BH says that Dindugal Sarathy had a huge opening :lol: :rotfl:
In the same list, it had mentioned that VA's opening was average :rotfl2:

villan007
2nd February 2009, 11:23 AM
vel is a genuine hit, blockbuster and yes Ajith doesnt deserve to be in this list even :bow:

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 11:24 AM
vel is a genuine hit, blockbuster and yes Ajith doesnt deserve to be in this list even :bow:

hmmm...i dint say surya is more saleable than ajith.ofcourse ajith is a bigger hero than surya in trade.

But that doesnt make vel a flop.

avven
2nd February 2009, 11:25 AM
surya-ellam 4th place-a..enna koduma saravanan idhu :rotfl: :rotfl:

cancer
2nd February 2009, 11:25 AM
and yes Ajith doesnt deserve to be in this list even :bow:

:D this is wat some genius wants to prove here,

Sourav
2nd February 2009, 11:26 AM
surya-ellam 4th place-a..enna koduma saravanan idhu :rotfl: :rotfl:surya-vaye kekkureengala? Avar per kooda saravanan than... :lol2:

Raikkonen
2nd February 2009, 11:32 AM
behindwoods?

ithukuthan intha kattai pinnala olinjurukkura pasangala nambave koodathu.

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 11:33 AM

vijayku edhuku 3 place?

3 flops thodarndhu kudutha saadhanaikka?

viraajan
2nd February 2009, 11:33 AM
behindwoods?

ithukuthan intha kattai pinnala olinjurukkura pasangala nambave koodathu.

Nice comment... :lol:

cancer
2nd February 2009, 11:34 AM

vijayku edhuku 3 place?

trade value :lol2:

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 11:35 AM

vijayku edhuku 3 place?

trade value :lol2:

trade value-va...that is derived from the results.

if he cant give a single hit in 3 movies..enna periya trade value!

in last 10 movies just 3 films hit...

viraajan
Idhula ennnala accept panna mudiyadha fact, placing maddy at 20th rank. o**a, ivanunga ellam enna ___ku list prepare pandranga....
Narain, barath ellam maddy-ku munnadi....
fk....

Sourav
behindwoods?

ithukuthan intha kattai pinnala olinjurukkura pasangala nambave koodathu. :lol: :rotfl2: Naattu kattaiya... Behindcountrywoods.com.

avven
2nd February 2009, 11:37 AM

vijayku edhuku 3 place?

athai poo nee avana kelu...but thank you for telling me that vel is genuine hit :lol: :lol:

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 11:38 AM

vijayku edhuku 3 place?

athai poo nee avana kelu...but thank you for telling me that vel is genuine hit :lol: :lol:

i think its time for hub mods to raise the age limit.

Sourav
2nd February 2009, 11:38 AM
Idhula ennnala accept panna mudiyadha fact, placing maddy at 20th rank. o**a, ivanunga ellam enna ___ku list prepare pandranga....
fk.... VJK vitteengale...maddy-yavathu list-la ottikittu irukkaru....but, wat abt VJK? Naannsseennssswoods... :evil:

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 11:39 AM
fk.... VJK vitteengale...maddy-yavathu list-la ottikittu irukkaru....but, wat abt VJK? Naannsseennssswoods...

come on...he is in elite list

kalaingar
jj
vjk

idhellam piscothu for gap10

avven
2nd February 2009, 11:40 AM
behindwoods?

ithukuthan intha kattai pinnala olinjurukkura pasangala nambave koodathu. :lol: :rotfl2: Naattu kattaiya... Behindcountrywoods.com.

viraajan
2nd February 2009, 11:40 AM
VEL and ATM released together na? Stomach Combustion.... :lol:

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 11:41 AM

ilaati mattum odidumakum...ada yenga neenga vera :)

viraajan
2nd February 2009, 11:42 AM

ilaati mattum odidumakum...

adhu seri... :lol:

cancer
fk.... VJK vitteengale...maddy-yavathu list-la ottikittu irukkaru....but, wat abt VJK? Naannsseennssswoods... :evil:

machi VJK list la illainu neeium nethu irunthe koovi kittu irukka sila peru oor oora poi koovi koovi padathai vikkura mathree.

Sourav
fk.... VJK vitteengale...maddy-yavathu list-la ottikittu irukkaru....but, wat abt VJK? Naannsseennssswoods...

come on...he is in elite list

kalaingar
jj
vjk

idhellam piscothu for gap10 :yes:
Thalaivar CM aanthum intha dubakkorwoods ellam ban pannanum... :twisted:

Raikkonen
2nd February 2009, 11:43 AM
narain ellam list-le pottu summa iruntha enna sorinju vuttutanungappa..

littlemaster1982
2nd February 2009, 11:44 AM

Round-a 20 vara vendaama :huh:

cancer
2nd February 2009, 11:44 AM

:lol: :rotfl:

Sourav
2nd February 2009, 11:45 AM
machi VJK list la illainu neeium nethu irunthe koovi kittu irukka sila peru oor oora poi koovi koovi padathai vikkura mathree.
:lol2:
Raiks... :rotfl: again...JKR-i vittanga....avarukku kandippa narain-i vida nalla trade value irukkum...because of 'briyaani'... :lol2:

Raikkonen
2nd February 2009, 11:46 AM
prasanth yen intha list-le illainu romba neram deep thinking-le irunthen..

only now i realised, this is heroes' list.

avven

whos this guy??? :roll:

viraajan

:rotfl:

Sourav
2nd February 2009, 11:47 AM

:rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl2:

Wibha
2nd February 2009, 11:48 AM
omg raiksss... you're :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Raikkonen
2nd February 2009, 11:53 AM
vadivel-um list-le illaya?

yennanga ithu, evano blog-le kaduppula ezhutuna list-ah eduthu publish pannirukanunga..

vadivel yaaru?

imsai arasan (massive hit) nadichaga, indihiralogathil naa azhgahappan nadichanga, vijaykanth-ku saval vuttaga..

podaskie
2nd February 2009, 12:03 PM

app_engine sir, 1,2,3 is genuine :) 4 is :rotfl: :rotfl: Surya ellaam 4th place'la :rotfl2: :rotfl2: ada pOngapaa :sigh2:

indha comedy list'ku oru thread'u :huh: enna koduma sir idhu ......

List should/will be like this.... RK, KH,Vj, Aj and so on...... as per current market value 8-)

i agree brother, it has to be

1)rajini
2)kamal
3)vijay
4)ajith
5)vikram
6)surya
etc

if vijay and ajith giving continous flops or no hits for 5 years or more...still they will get a mass opening(trade value)...if surya gives 2 or 3 movies flops,he will be out of tc for sure...and dont belive in ladies support..

for example

[//first kamal->aravindswamy->vijay->maddy->surya->next?(i think it will be jayam ravi)//

viraajan
2nd February 2009, 12:05 PM
vadivel-um list-le illaya?

yennanga ithu, evano blog-le kaduppula ezhutuna list-ah eduthu publish pannirukanunga..

vadivel yaaru?

imsai arasan (massive hit) nadichaga, indihiralogathil naa azhgahappan nadichanga, vijaykanth-ku saval vuttaga..

Matha ellarum 3, 4 flops koduthappo, vadivel gave only one flop (Indiralogathil)... matha ella padamum (imsai arasan) hit thaane... :roll:

He deserves a place... somewhere in the top... :yes:

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 12:07 PM
if the solid fan base is alone considered

ajith should be way ahead of vijay...imho.

u could very well see it with an opening of a movie.

if current trend is considered - vijay ouldnt be even in top 5

epdiyum idhu dubakoruthan...may be sac funded to put ajith on 5

Raikkonen
2nd February 2009, 12:09 PM
oru velai vijaykanth sponsor panna list ah irukkumo?

ipdi avar perai list-le sekkama iruntha sympathy votes kedakkummnu nenachirupparu...

podaskie
2nd February 2009, 12:16 PM

i think ur ajith fan so ur supporting ajith,no problem....according to fanbase vijay is much higher than ajith or even kamal u can consider...but for hits ajith is better(billa) compare to vijay...and you cant say opening of the movie any more...every actore will have grand opening for first 10 days, so no way u cant consider ajith is better...

avven
2nd February 2009, 12:19 PM
if surya gives 2 or 3 movies flops,he will be out of tc for sure...and dont belive in ladies support..

inga sela nanbargal sonna mathri surya geniune hit-ye koduthiruthalum :lol: :lol: avaruku 4th place romba romba too much..ithuku selar support vera athu romba :rotfl: :rotfl:

Anban
2nd February 2009, 12:20 PM
10A broke all records,

OK, I am off this thread :lol: :lol: naattaamai theerppa sollittu ethukku odi poraaru??

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 12:23 PM

i think ur ajith fan so ur supporting ajith,no problem....according to fanbase vijay is much higher than ajith or even kamal u can consider...but for hits ajith is better(billa) compare to vijay...

oo..idhula idhu veraya!

Anban
2nd February 2009, 12:23 PM
simbu below karthi,jai and vishal is utter stupidity

Anban
2nd February 2009, 12:24 PM

no no..
VA collected almost double the money of aegan,kuruvi etc in chennai ....

Raikkonen
2nd February 2009, 12:27 PM
Arjun-um list la illaya?? :twisted:

list pannavan moonjila peechang kaalai vekka

Anban
the list has to be like..

1-2 Kamal, Rajini (it depends on the type of movie)

3- 4 then ajith,surya ( here ajith has a more robust fan base, but surya has a much wider reach among the family audience..)

5. VIjay

6. vikram,simbu,danush

no other guy is worth mentioning...

podaskie
anban brother, surya is no way better than vijay and ajith...first tell surya to work with new director and prove his mass...his working with too much established director...even if new comer works with manirathnam film or gautham menon film he will get good opening also...

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 12:30 PM

3- 4 then ajith,surya ( here ajith has a more robust fan base, but surya has a much wider reach among the family audience..)

5. VIjay

6. vikram,simbu,danush

adhe adhe

but vikram should be placed above simbu and dhanush

ajaybaskar
2nd February 2009, 12:30 PM
Anban,

Surya doesnt have the mass that Ajith or Vijay has... No way he is near these two.. Even after giving 5 or 6 flops in a row these two can withstand but thats not the case with Surya..

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 12:31 PM
anban brother, surya is no way better than vijay and ajith...first tell surya to work with new director and prove his mass...his working with too much established director...even if new comer works with manirathnam film or gautham menon film he will get good opening also...

vijay worked with dharani(experienced big director with blockbusters under his name) - flop thana!

podaskie
According to fanbase:

1)rajini

2)vijay

3)ajith

4)kamal

5)surya

Vivasaayi
Anban,

Surya doesnt have the mass that Ajith or Vijay has... No way he is near these two.. Even after giving 5 or 6 flops in a row these two can withstand but thats not the case with Surya..

what do u mean by mass?..just the people who make cut outs and paal abishekams?

ajaybaskar
2nd February 2009, 12:32 PM
Anban,

Come on Vicky, If u dont like Vj so be it.. But u cant hide facts... :D

podaskie
2nd February 2009, 12:33 PM
According to box-office

1)kamal

2)surya

3)rajini

4)ajith & vijay

5)vishal(only sathyam is failure in his side)

avven

podaskie,athu anban bro list athai en serious-a eduthukuringa :D

MrIndia

5. VIjay

6. vikram,simbu,danush

:lol: vijay-ajith prachanaila idha yaaru note panna maataagannu ninachitiya :)

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 12:34 PM
Anban,

Come on Vicky, If u dont like Vj so be it.. But u can hide facts... :D

thats what i mean too!..u cant hide facts...

out of last 10 films 3 hits for vijay...what kind of track record is this..

this is fact...not the hyped fanbase..after all at the end of the day u need the movie to be a hit - hardcore fanatic or famiily audience

Anban
2nd February 2009, 12:37 PM
anban brother, surya is no way better than vijay and ajith...first tell surya to work with new director and prove his mass...his working with too much established director...even if new comer works with manirathnam film or gautham menon film he will get good opening also... sir, Mass is just an useless term.. for ex, vijay's last 3 movies were sold for a higher citing his "mass".. but all the 3 made only big losses..

after the openin day, the mass counts for nothing..

ajith can sustain his opening for 3 or 4 days...now this is something substantial.. atleast they get the returns due to the lower print cost of his movies like aegan....

vijay eppovum periya buildup thaan.. results are very poor..

take Surya's vel for example.. it did very well. sustained for a month or so, till billa came.. it had the support of the family audience too..

joe
2nd February 2009, 12:39 PM
இங்கே பெரும்பாலான பேர் வரிசை எப்படி இருக்கிறது என்பதை விட எப்படி இருக்க வேண்டும் என்ற தங்கள் விருப்பத்தையே சொல்லுற மாதிரி இருக்கு :)

ajaybaskar
2nd February 2009, 12:40 PM
Vicky,

Leave cities... I'l cite my own hometown..

Vaaranam Aayiram ran for 35 days and Kuruvi/Aegan crossed 50 days easily bcoz of the huge fan base these two possess.

Surya's biggest BB Ghajini ran for 80 days and KK ran for 50 days whereas Ghilli ran 105 days and Vaali ran 110 days..

Anban
2nd February 2009, 12:41 PM

5. VIjay

6. vikram,simbu,danush

pls ask rajini to act in a movie with songs or without exposing his heroine..

if that movie makes a profit of one rupee, i will quit the hub for ever..

didnt u see pyramid saimira's official press release for its share holders??

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3603/kuslossop6.jpg

a loss of RS.40.32 CRORES.. thats a great record :clap:

http://www.pstl.in/investor_pages/investor/Notes%20on%20Q3%20financials.pdf

Anban
2nd February 2009, 12:42 PM
Vicky,

Vaaranam Aayiram ran for 35 days and Kuruvi/Aegan crossed 50 days easily bcoz of the huge fan base these two possess.

Surya's biggest BB Ghajini ran for 80 days and KK ran for 50 days whereas Ghilli ran 105 days and Vaali ran 110 days.. ajay,

if u compare the amount of money collected, then VA much greater than the other two movies.. thats the truth..

Anban
2nd February 2009, 12:44 PM
Vicky,

Surya's biggest BB Ghajini ran for 80 days and KK ran for 50 days whereas Ghilli ran 105 days and Vaali ran 110 days.. days count is just rubbish..

in chromepet rakesh sivaji ran single show till 100th day for a ticket of less than 25rs.... :lol:

ajaybaskar
2nd February 2009, 12:44 PM
Anabn,

That may be right in Chennai and few other cities not down south...

MrIndia
2nd February 2009, 12:47 PM

hehe.. u r taking kuselan as an example.. he just comes in the guest role. a total of 45 min.. can even make a distributor buy it for more than 45 crores.. cant imagine.. rajini acting in 10 roles and is on screen in every second of the movie.

and regarding heroine exposing.. u think u can win this arguement with kamal by ur side..

Anban
2nd February 2009, 12:48 PM
Anabn,

That may be right in Chennai and few other cities not down south... no no.. i am very sure.. may be in hardcore C centres, kuruvi and aegan might have matched VA..

even in a place like cuddalore, VA has made good money.. in POndy it just rocked in collections..

obviously a movie like BIlla wud outdone VA in many B and C centres..

but in chennai VA outscored billa.. VA much greater than pokkiri by a mile in chennai..

ajaybaskar
2nd February 2009, 12:49 PM
Producers are not fools to go behind Ajith/Vijay and book them for huge amounts.. Sitting in front of computer, I can project even JK Ritheesh as heir to Kamal Hassan. But it leaves u no where.

podaskie
2nd February 2009, 12:49 PM
Anban,

Come on Vicky, If u dont like Vj so be it.. But u can hide facts... :D

thats what i mean too!..u cant hide facts...

out of last 10 films 3 hits for vijay...what kind of track record is this..

this is fact...not the hyped fanbase..after all at the end of the day u need the movie to be a hit - hardcore fanatic or famiily audience

@Vivasaayi

ajith's last 15 movies:

1)Red[FLOP]

2)Raja[FLOP]

3)Villain[BLOCKBUSTER]

4)Ennai Thalatta Varuvala[FLOP]

5)Anjaneya (film)[FLOP]

6)Jana[FLOP]

7)Attagasam[FLOP]

8)Ji[FLOP]

9)Paramasivan[FLOP]

10)Thirupathi[FLOP]

11)Varalaru[BLOCKBUSTER]

12)Aalwar[FLOP]

13)Kireedam[FLOP BUT I LIKE THIS MOVIE SO I WILL GIVE HIT]

14)Billa (2007 film)[BLOCKBUSTER]

15)Aegan[FLOP]

HELLO SIR, OUT OF 15 MOVIE HE HAS GIVEN ONLY 3HITS!

//SORRY IF HURTS ANY AJITH FANS MY POST ONLY FOR Vivasaayi OTHERS DNT MIND//

ajaybaskar
2nd February 2009, 12:50 PM
Anabn,

That may be right in Chennai and few other cities not down south... no no.. i am very sure.. may be in hardcore C centres, kuruvi and aegan might have matched VA..

even in a place like cuddalore, VA has made good money.. in POndy it just rocked in collections..

but in chennai VA outscored billa.. VA much greater than pokkiri by a mile in chennai..

I dont know wat to post... :D

ajaybaskar
2nd February 2009, 12:52 PM
@Podaskie...

U stole my mind,dear...

Anban
2nd February 2009, 12:52 PM

hehe.. u r taking kuselan as an example.. he just comes in the guest role. a total of 45 min.. can even make a distributor buy it for more than 45 crores.. cant imagine.. rajini acting in 10 roles and is on screen in every second of the movie.

and regarding heroine exposing.. u think u can win this arguement with kamal by ur side..

haha.. why did they advertise that rajini is coming in 20 diff getups??

sivaji's hype had to do with sankar, ARR also..

Dasa only for KAMAL..

where was the OPENING for kuselan??? first day-ve padam gaali .. show vuttukichu.. absolutely pathetic attendance like 20% or below in many centres..

kamal had always lost some family audience for his intimate love scenes.. rajini thrives on his heroine's glamour..

ajaybaskar
2nd February 2009, 12:53 PM
Jothika's glamour in Chandramukhi was awesome...

Anban
2nd February 2009, 12:53 PM
Anabn,

I dont know wat to post... :Dexactly :yes:

avven
2nd February 2009, 12:54 PM
sir, Mass is just an useless term.. for ex, vijay's last 3 movies were sold for a higher citing his "mass".. but all the 3 made only big losses..

pakathilea iruthu parthaver mathri solringa..vetlua iruthukittu sela dubarkoor site parthu pesa kodathu..neenga mathum illa inga selar apadithan irukanga..nengalum abt vel :rotfl: :rotfl:

Anban
2nd February 2009, 12:54 PM
Jothika's glamour in Chandramukhi was awesome... again.. think of CM without jothika..

but, VV again was all kamal and kamal alone..

ajaybaskar
2nd February 2009, 12:55 PM
Anban,

Everybody in TN knows wat Rajni is capable of... Do we need to fight?

Anban
2nd February 2009, 12:56 PM
sir, Mass is just an useless term.. for ex, vijay's last 3 movies were sold for a higher citing his "mass".. but all the 3 made only big losses..

pakathilea iruthu parthaver mathri solringa..vetlua iruthukittu sela dubarkoor site parthu pesa kodathu..neenga mathum illa inga selar apadithan irukanga..nengalum abt vel :rotfl: :rotfl: kanna, villu pola oru utter flop kodhuttu vijay ooru poora poi sollittu alaiyuraaru... oore kai kotti sirikkuthu pa.. neengalum eduthukku comedy panreenga??

avven
2nd February 2009, 12:57 PM
Producers are not fools to go behind Ajith/Vijay and book them for huge amounts.. Sitting in front of computer, I can project even JK Ritheesh as heir to Kamal Hassan. But it leaves u no where.

well said bro :D

podaskie
2nd February 2009, 12:57 PM
vijay's 15 movie

Puthiya Geethai[FLOP]

Thirumalai[SUPER HIT]

Udhaya[FLOP]

Ghilli[SUPERHIT]

Madhurey[SUPERHIT]

Thirupaachi[SUPERHIT]

Sachien[SUPERHIT]

Sukran[FLOP]

Sivakasi[SUPERHIT]

Aathi[FLOP]

Pokkiri[SUPERHIT]

Azhagiya Thamizh MaganP[FLOP]

Kuruvi[AVERAGE]

Pandhayam[GUEST ROLE]

Villu[WAITING FOR BOX-OFFICE RESULT]

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 12:58 PM
Vicky,

Surya's biggest BB Ghajini ran for 80 days and KK ran for 50 days whereas Ghilli ran 105 days and Vaali ran 110 days.. ajay,

if u compare the amount of money collected, then VA much greater than the other two movies.. thats the truth..

chandramukhi ran for 800 days...so it collected more than titanic/starwars eh?

MrIndia
2nd February 2009, 01:00 PM
Jothika's glamour in Chandramukhi was awesome... again.. think of CM without jothika..

you dont give credit to gautham menon and harris jayraj here :D

for kuselan flop.. y dont u blame GVP and P Vasu..

ishtathuku pesaradhu..

Vivasaayi
Anban,

Everybody in TN knows wat Rajni is capable of... Do we need to fight?

but why dont those everybodies watch kuselan?they just know abt him...does nt want to watch him..eh?

avven

pakathilea iruthu parthaver mathri solringa..vetlua iruthukittu sela dubarkoor site parthu pesa kodathu..neenga mathum illa inga selar apadithan irukanga..nengalum abt vel :rotfl: :rotfl: kanna, villu pola oru utter flop kodhuttu vijay ooru poora poi sollittu alaiyuraaru... oore kai kotti sirikkuthu pa.. neengalum eduthukku comedy panreenga??

whts wrong in going and seeing the fans to thank them..its part of his profession..

ajaybaskar
Vicky,

I didnt expect this statement from u..

titanic/Starwars r for international market. How wud u compare it with a tamil film.. If u really want u can compare it with Kamal's recent BB.

podaskie
2nd February 2009, 01:01 PM
Vicky,

r u fool comparing chandramukhi into titanic

remember,titanic is a world film(may be over 5000 prints) and chandramukhi is an tamil film(less than 500 prints)

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 01:02 PM
Vicky,

I didnt expect this statement from u..

titanic/Starwars r for international market. How wud u compare it with a tamil film.. If u really want u can compare it with Kamal's recent BB.

kamal doesnt run his movies for the sake of it. :)

ajaybaskar
2nd February 2009, 01:02 PM

ishtathuku pesaradhu..

If VV was directed by P Vasu.... :lol:

avven
2nd February 2009, 01:03 PM
Vicky,

remember,titanic is a world film(may be over 5000 prints) and chandramukhi is an tamil film(less than 500 prints)

antha doubt enakum iruku... selar appdi than irukanga :rotfl: :rotfl:

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 01:04 PM
Dasavatharam ran only for kamal...no one can deny it.

it broke all the records..which means kamal single handedly can break all the records..with no great music director or director or great storyline.

ajaybaskar
2nd February 2009, 01:05 PM
Like Naayagan ran only for JKR.. No great director/MD

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 01:08 PM

antha doubt enakum iruku... selar appdi than irukanga

the crux of the vijays fan base..couldnt comprehend anything..havent grown up beyond a certain age...

tahts an analogy to make u understand that the number of days doesnt matter only collection matter..but went in vain by ur extraordinary comprehending

MrIndia
2nd February 2009, 01:09 PM

it broke all the records..which means kamal single handedly can break all the records..with no great music director or director or great storyline.

Tirupaachi had worst songs, worst director and pathetic story line.. ithellam sollikitta thiriyiraanga..

kamal is a great talented artist but he does many things just to prove that point which he already has.
He cant join hands with other talented person as he wants all the attention and credits to kamal hassan. ego sir vera onnumilla

ajaybaskar
2nd February 2009, 01:10 PM
Still Vijay attracts kiddies and thats enough for fans like us...Whats ur problem with it,anyway?

podaskie
2nd February 2009, 01:10 PM

the movie is double handedly run only for Asin Thottumkal & Mallika Sherawat :D

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 01:11 PM

Tirupaachi had worst songs, worst director and pathetic story line.. ithellam sollikitta thiriyiraanga..

kamal is a great talented artist but he does many things just to prove that point which he already has.
He cant join hands with other talented person as he wants all the attention and credits to kamal hassan. ego sir vera onnumilla

ego...idhu pudhusa irukke :lol:

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 01:11 PM

:yawn:

MrIndia
2nd February 2009, 01:12 PM

wow.. this shows signs of a old hubber.. yaarappa nee :D

steveaustin
Sachien[SUPERHIT]

Is it Sachin Tendulkar????? :roll:

avven

the crux of the vijays fan base..couldnt comprehend anything..havent grown up beyond a certain age...

tahts an analogy to make u understand that the number of days doesnt matter only collection matter..but went in vain by ur extraordinary comprehending

ungalaku ethu matter ethu matter illa-nu thericha sari sir :D

Vivasaayi

wow.. this shows signs of a old hubber.. yaarappa nee :D

who is this..also an old hubber? :roll:

podaskie
2nd February 2009, 01:13 PM

first of all u must grow up brother,(comparing chandramukhi and titanic) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 01:14 PM
ada "poda"...cant make u understand..i rest my case.

ajaybaskar
2nd February 2009, 01:16 PM
:D

sgokulprathap
2nd February 2009, 01:16 PM
indha thread da aarambicha aap_engine onnu rendu pOst thAn inga panni irukaanga, but the thread has gone 10 pages. :lol:
ultimately behindwoods is the winner for having increased its viewership. :wink:

podaskie
2nd February 2009, 01:17 PM
ada "poda"...cant make u understand..i rest my case.

:wink:

podaskie
2nd February 2009, 01:19 PM
indha thread da aarambicha aap_engine onnu rendu pOst thAn inga panni irukaanga, but the thread has gone 10 pages. :lol:
ultimately behindwoods is the winner for having increased its viewership. :wink:

agree

thilak4life
2nd February 2009, 01:19 PM
All Behindwoods wanted were Hits. So click on the sites. Start now:
CLICK...CLICK...CLICK CLICK

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 01:20 PM
sachin ran 200 days which i doubt sivaji/dasa had run!

adhukaga sachin is bigger hita? - apdinu ketrundha ungaluku purinjirukumo ennamo...

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 01:20 PM
All Behindwoods wanted were Hits. So click on the sites. Start now:
CLICK...CLICK...CLICK CLICK

they are good in marketing their sites.
kettikara payaluga

avven
2nd February 2009, 01:23 PM
yaru pa antha aap_engine..inga than irukingala???

VENKIRAJA
2nd February 2009, 01:27 PM
Ok... thread lock aagi, post ellam delete panradhukulla naanum oru post pottudren... What about VK... Honestu.. where are you? ;)

sgokulprathap
2nd February 2009, 01:31 PM
yaru pa antha aap_engine..inga than irukingala???:shhh: avanga MOD. 8-)

Sanguine Sridhar
2nd February 2009, 01:34 PM
yaru pa antha aap_engine..inga than irukingala???

He is not aap_engine, app_engine.

PeopleSoft Application Engine or appengine is the Peopletool that you use to develop batch or online programs. 8-)

ajaybaskar
2nd February 2009, 01:34 PM
Ok... thread lock aagi, post ellam delete panradhukulla naanum oru post pottudren... What about VK... Honestu.. where are you? ;)

Thirumangalathulayae Thangittaara?

Wibha
2nd February 2009, 01:35 PM

Sourav
2nd February 2009, 01:35 PM
yaru pa antha aap_engine..inga than irukingala???:shhh: avanga MOD. 8-) Oh... Which sec? :?

Wibha
2nd February 2009, 01:39 PM
yaru pa antha aap_engine..inga than irukingala???:shhh: avanga MOD. 8-) Oh... Which sec? :?

5 years-ah hubbing :lol2: :P

Sourav
2nd February 2009, 01:42 PM

5 years-ah hubbing :lol2: :P :ashamed:
Entha sec-layum avanga name illaye... :? :confused2:

cancer
2nd February 2009, 01:55 PM
old but gold

Ketkiravan kenayana iruntha KR Vijaya kondaila K tv teriumam

viraajan
2nd February 2009, 02:23 PM

:clap: :lol:

sgokulprathap
2nd February 2009, 02:25 PM

5 years-ah hubbing :lol2: :P avanga yendhA section MOd nu ungaluku theriyumA? 8-)

Wibha
2nd February 2009, 02:29 PM
Isin't he Mod for Indian classical Section? :huh:

sgokulprathap
2nd February 2009, 02:46 PM
Isin't he Mod for Indian classical Section? :huh: adhuku MOD RR.
app_engine yendha section MOD nu 'Testing' section la oru thread create pannidalama? :lol:

Wibha
2nd February 2009, 02:50 PM
Isin't he Mod for Indian classical Section? :huh: adhuku MOD RR.
app_engine yendha section MOD nu 'Testing' section la oru thread create pannidalama? :lol:

:goodidea: :yessir:

jaaze
2nd February 2009, 05:56 PM
intha thread-a dign thread-aa pottu lock pannungappa..

too much of arguments.. and obviously some fun too :) thanks raiks and others :wink:

Anban
2nd February 2009, 06:15 PM

ishtathuku pesaradhu.. ok.. what happened to PKMC then?? where was the OPENING??? even for VA, the OPENING was majorly due to surya alone..

so all KSR movies have an opening???

sankar/ARR movies do have a great opening.. eg. boys..

Anban
2nd February 2009, 06:18 PM
Vicky,

antha doubt enakum iruku... selar appdi than irukanga :rotfl: :rotfl:
hmm. appadina, Kuruvi 150 days odunathu cheating-nu neenga othukkureenga thaane??

Anban
2nd February 2009, 06:20 PM
Sachien[SUPERHIT]

Is it Sachin Tendulkar????? :roll: sachein superhit-aana latchanam oorukkke theriyum.. :lol:

jaaze
2nd February 2009, 06:20 PM
vadivelu seeing the current thread: mudiyala. :cry2:

cancer
2nd February 2009, 06:39 PM
Sachien[SUPERHIT]

Is it Sachin Tendulkar????? :roll: sachein superhit-aana latchanam oorukkke theriyum.. :lol:

SAC remba vivaramanavaru naalaya sandhathi kkaka 150,200 naal poster ella padathukkum otiduvaru

directhit
2nd February 2009, 06:41 PM
normalaa smoke ellaam varaadhe

cancer
2nd February 2009, 06:46 PM

saar enna solrenga :mrgreen:

Anban
2nd February 2009, 06:47 PM
normalaa smoke ellaam varaadhe padatha otti oora yemaathuraangannu sirichuttu irukkom.. but, ippo ellaam namma ooru kaaranga ushaar-aa thaan irukkaanga..

directhit
2nd February 2009, 06:48 PM
karthi - unnoda 20-25 id illaina aegan wud have been hub's best film, nyabagam irukkatum :evil:

Anban
2nd February 2009, 06:53 PM
karthi - unnoda 20-25 id illaina aegan wud have been hub's best film, nyabagam irukkatum :evil: :rotfl:

i dont have more than one ID at the moment.. btw, i never create IDs.. almost all my IDs thus far have been borrowed from fellow hubbers.. many of them have given it to me and they know it...

btw, who gives a damn abt these hub awards??

there are many Ajith fans here.. so, its obvious that Ajith and his movies starts as favourites to win any award....

directhit
2nd February 2009, 06:57 PM

saar enna solrenga :mrgreen: neenga panakkaranga nanga ellam pichaikaranganu solreengala
sir eppo sir varudhu indha garvam, konjam padivachudanaye illa kaasu panam sambadhichavudanayaa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bESFmA4xBX8

cancer
2nd February 2009, 07:02 PM

saar enna solrenga :mrgreen: neenga panakkaranga nanga ellam pichaikaranganu solreengala
sir eppo sir varudhu indha garvam, konjam padivachudanaye illa kaasu panam sambadhichavudanayaa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bESFmA4xBX8

ithai than ivlavu neram dedittu irunthengala :P , thanks for the video link :D

directhit
2nd February 2009, 07:03 PM
:lol: yeah, eggjact dialogues marandhupochu :P

Nerd
2nd February 2009, 07:40 PM
10A broke all records,

OK, I am off this thread :lol: :lol: naattaamai theerppa sollittu ethukku odi poraaru??
AdhAn annE vanttIngaLE.. Most authentic BO news provider and the single authority on BO.. Prodeeser kooda ungaLa kEttu dhAn ethana print engellAm release pannalAm-nu mudivu seyyiRAnunga..
:shaking:

Vivasaayi
2nd February 2009, 08:00 PM
10A broke all records,

AdhAn annE vanttIngaLE.. Most authentic BO news provider and the single authority on BO.. Prodeeser kooda ungaLa kEttu dhAn ethana print engellAm release pannalAm-nu mudivu seyyiRAnunga..

nerd,first of all we dont have to prove that dasa broke sivaji records!

because there is no proof(reliable or unreliable) for sivajis BO records unlike dasa - where lots of sources - from producer to the BO websites to distributors interviews.

avven
2nd February 2009, 08:06 PM
10A broke all records,

tamil prodeesers matum illa even hollywood prodeesersum ivara than ketparkal :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

thilak4life
2nd February 2009, 08:08 PM
Enna ba theerpu solla nattamai illaiya?

Until then...CLICK...CLICK...CLICK

At least Behindwoods would have achieved their purpose...

steveaustin
2nd February 2009, 08:21 PM
Enna ba theerpu solla nattamai illaiya?

nAttAmaikkE six pack ellAm vechum Box office-la 18-Avadhu idamAm. adhanAle theerpu solla varala pOla irukku. :lol2:

Avadi to America
2nd February 2009, 09:11 PM

haha.. why did they advertise that rajini is coming in 20 diff getups??

sivaji's hype had to do with sankar, ARR also..

Dasa only for KAMAL..

where was the OPENING for kuselan??? first day-ve padam gaali .. show vuttukichu.. absolutely pathetic attendance like 20% or below in many centres..

kamal had always lost some family audience for his intimate love scenes.. rajini thrives on his heroine's glamour..

ANBAN, you went overboard.....watch your words dude.

jaaze
2nd February 2009, 09:27 PM
I was urging the moderators to lock and purge this thread. I saw the possibility for a riot from the first page itself.

Nerd
2nd February 2009, 09:31 PM
Aamaam appuRam naanum pEsippuduvEn.. Give respett, take respett 8-)

Raikkonen
2nd February 2009, 09:39 PM
athula yaarda unnai narain-eh sekka sonnathu (read in aythula yaaruda jaangiri kodukka sonnathu mode)

HonestRaj
2nd February 2009, 10:22 PM
Good discussions :)

Indha list paththi.. enakku vendapatta threadla oru rendu post pottachu .. irundhalum adhayellam yarum serious-ah eduthukka mateengannu theriyum :wink: aanalum avaru route-eh thani :mrgreen: cinema porutha mattil.. nermayana aalu.. adhu podhum enakku 8-)

viraajan
2nd February 2009, 10:26 PM

Indha list paththi.. enakku vendapatta threadla oru rendu post pottachu .. irundhalum adhayellam yarum serious-ah eduthukka mateengannu theriyum :wink: aanalum avaru route-eh thani :mrgreen: cinema porutha mattil.. nermayana aalu.. adhu podhum enakku 8-)

Thamizh mozhi thavira, vera yendha mozhi0-layum nadikkadha ore nadigan-nu avare oru murai medai-la sonnaru... :shock:
True - :bow: :clap:

podaskie
2nd February 2009, 10:30 PM
@Anban

Even a small children knows rajini(thaliver) is far far better than kamal

Raikkonen
2nd February 2009, 10:32 PM
enna podaskie, stop the war-nu avatar-le vechutu ipdi bittu bitta podareengale :lol:

HonestRaj
2nd February 2009, 10:36 PM

Thamizh mozhi thavira, vera yendha mozhi0-layum nadikkadha ore nadigan-nu avare oru murai medai-la sonnaru... :shock:
True - :bow: :clap:

indha poster otturadhu.. theater theatera poradhu.. paetti tharradhu.. oadadha padatha oadunadha solradhu.. idhayellam ivarukitta nan parthadhe illai...

makkalukku pidikkalaya.. "vidu.. adutha murai parthukkalam".. periya technician venumnu adam pidikka mattaru.. kedacha technician kitta nalla sarakku irundha muzhu othtulaippu.....

ippadi pesikitte pogalam ..... Cinemakaran Vijayakanth patthi.... Cinema-la arasiyal pannadha aalu .. (ore aalu-nu podalam.. sari namakku yedhukku :P )

PS: mel sonnadhukku maruppu therivippavargal.. aatharathoda FIR padhivu pannalam.

HonestRaj
2nd February 2009, 10:38 PM
Nan observe panna varaikkum... Vijay fans .. max likes Rajini.. Ajith fans.. max likes Kamal

Raikkonen
2nd February 2009, 10:40 PM
yen honestu, neenga yen the mu thi ga le adimatta thondar position-ku apply panna koodathu?

HonestRaj
2nd February 2009, 10:43 PM
PS: mel sonnadhukku maruppu therivippavargal.. aatharathoda FIR padhivu pannalam.

Adhayum enga saragathula dhan deal pannuvoam (means..Captain Thread-la)

avven
2nd February 2009, 10:44 PM
Nan observe panna varaikkum... Vijay fans .. max likes Rajini.. Ajith fans.. max likes Kamal

ila ila nan apadi illa :D ..i like & respect both of them a lot :D :D

HonestRaj
2nd February 2009, 10:47 PM
yen honestu, neenga yen the mu thi ga le adimatta thondar position-ku apply panna koodathu?

ippave pala panigal irukku..

avven
2nd February 2009, 10:48 PM

neenga sonatha serious-sa eduthukala so no marrupu no FIR :D

HonestRaj
2nd February 2009, 10:50 PM

neenga sonatha serious-sa eduthukala so no marrupu no FIR :D

sandai poduradhukkellam neram illai :) :wave:

avven
2nd February 2009, 10:52 PM
HonestRaj ,

:D :wave:

podaskie
2nd February 2009, 10:57 PM
enna podaskie, stop the war-nu avatar-le vechutu ipdi bittu bitta podareengale :lol:

ithu bittu illa maa real :wink:

podaskie
2nd February 2009, 10:58 PM
HonestRaj ,

:D :wave:

good night avven :fatigue:

karthik_sa2
3rd February 2009, 01:44 AM
at the start of the thread many says surya doesn deserve 4th place...y??? if am not wrong the list is based on the market value and not fans alone.....after giving consequtive hits obviously surya has to be on top....and ofcourse he has a very good male fan base also after khaka khaka...not as much as ajith or vijay but certainly equal to vikram.....and his six pack physiche certainly incresed his market value even better...south of chennai surya has got a huge fan follow..with as many posters and cutouts on the day of release...imo surya will be the next kamalhasan... 8-)

karthik_sa2
3rd February 2009, 01:47 AM
it is infact surya's fans who marketed paruthiveeran in the initial period with lots of cutouts for karthi

Mahen
3rd February 2009, 08:00 AM
at the start of the thread many says surya doesn deserve 4th place...y??? if am not wrong the list is based on the market value and not fans alone.....after giving consequtive hits obviously surya has to be on top....and ofcourse he has a very good male fan base also after khaka khaka...not as much as ajith or vijay but certainly equal to vikram.....and his six pack physiche certainly incresed his market value even better...south of chennai surya has got a huge fan follow..with as many posters and cutouts on the day of release...imo surya will be the next kamalhasan... 8-)

Surya is good actor but enaku enamo his bro will outshine him :) KArthi's acting in paruthiveran :omg: and surya's acting in neraku ner was a joke..One good quality that i like about surya is he does not dictate his directors..

Thalafanz
3rd February 2009, 09:24 AM
Surya is good actor but enaku enamo his bro will outshine him :) KArthi's acting in paruthiveran :omg: and surya's acting in neraku ner was a joke..One good quality that i like about surya is he does not dictate his directors..

AvarOda PA mAthiri pEsurEngga... :P

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
3rd February 2009, 09:31 AM
@Anban

Even a small children knows rajini(thaliver) is far far better than kamal

even small children - nnu solra alavukku children are not genius than men/adults

if u say, even with their little brain, they understand and recognise rajini as superstar - it shows u misunderstood. rajni, or any other actor did something utrasimple which even kids can understand. its not that kamal can't do it, its just that he has plenty of other things for adult genre

Then, anyways, rajini is not in comparision with sakthimaan or dora or other children genre artist, whom get more attention from kids, than rajini. if he competes, he is sure to fail. for ex, enga veettu pappaavukku dora serial odmbothu entha channel maathinaalum kathuvaa. incl a rajini movie. (nowadays she likes dasavatharam much, ngarathu side note :P )

so, even children knows ngara maaathiri oru silly statement irukka mudiyaathu.

note: ithellaam ellaa hubberskkum theriyum..i jus did spoonfeeding

btw, far better nnu ethula solreenga?!?

ajaybaskar
3rd February 2009, 10:22 AM

I dont think there are hardcore fans for Surya/Vikram.. I know Vijay fans who've seen villu more than 5 times. I know a person from Tirunelveli who had watched Aalwar 8 times. But u certainly cant find a person who has watched Maayavi more than once... :D

joe
3rd February 2009, 10:27 AM
a person from Tirunelveli who had watched Aalwar 8 times.
:shock:

ajaybaskar
3rd February 2009, 10:30 AM

His list goes like this...Vaali-25, Varalaaru-15+, Raja- 3, etc..

Most importantly, he is not a theatre operator.. :D

viraajan
3rd February 2009, 10:32 AM

GM: Aanalum, avanukku romba dhairyam pa... :shaking:

joe
3rd February 2009, 10:38 AM

aahaa :roll:

sarna_blr
3rd February 2009, 10:47 AM

I broke his record by watching Raja 4 times in theatre in a single day :ashamed: those days were :x :x :x :x days

cancer
3rd February 2009, 10:49 AM
I know a person from Tirunelveli who had watched Aalwar 8 times.

avarai deivathai naan paakkanum nga :P

Anban
3rd February 2009, 12:01 PM

I dont think there are hardcore fans for Surya/Vikram.. I know Vijay fans who've seen villu more than 5 times. I know a person from Tirunelveli who had watched Aalwar 8 times. But u certainly cant find a person who has watched Maayavi more than once... :D false statement... what abt the director or editor??

Anban
3rd February 2009, 12:03 PM
@Anban

Even a small children knows rajini(thaliver) is far far better than kamal far far better in what??

why dont u post with some sense ?? :lol:

such vague and dishonest statements-kku ellaam sensible replies venumaa??

Vivasaayi
3rd February 2009, 12:07 PM
@Anban

Even a small children knows rajini(thaliver) is far far better than kamal far far better in what??

sakala arapakkathukku reply vera pannirukaru!

ajaybaskar
3rd February 2009, 12:11 PM

Anyways, he's in Dubai right now... So couldnt know his run rate for Billa, Aegan,etc..

Anban
3rd February 2009, 12:13 PM

Anyways, he's in Dubai right now... So couldnt know his run rate for Billa, Aegan,etc.. well there cud be many such ppl..

i know some kamal fans(labour class ppl..but kamal veriyans) who have seen MX 10 times within the first 3 days..

Thalafanz
3rd February 2009, 12:16 PM

GM: Aanalum, avanukku romba dhairyam pa... :shaking:

:fatigue: :fatigue: :fatigue: :fatigue: :fatigue: :fatigue:

karthik_sa2
3rd February 2009, 12:50 PM
Surya is good actor but enaku enamo his bro will outshine him KArthi's acting in paruthiveran and surya's acting in neraku ner was a joke..One good quality that i like about surya is he does not dictate his directors..

karthi had a very established and good director in the first movie itself....unlike surya... :huh:

karthik_sa2
3rd February 2009, 12:58 PM
I dont think there are hardcore fans for Surya/Vikram.. I know Vijay fans who've seen villu more than 5 times. I know a person from Tirunelveli who had watched Aalwar 8 times. But u certainly cant find a person who has watched Maayavi more than once...

as i said earlier he cannot be compared with ajith/vijay but he certainly has hardcore fans as well.....

sarna_blr
3rd February 2009, 01:03 PM
Surya is good actor but enaku enamo his bro will outshine him KArthi's acting in paruthiveran and surya's acting in neraku ner was a joke..One good quality that i like about surya is he does not dictate his directors..

karthi had a very established and good director in the first movie itself....unlike surya... :huh:

Vasanth was an established director then.... who gave Aasai ( Blockbuster ) with Ajith and it was a turning point for Prakash Raj.... and do u know one thing, he was offered to direct Annaamalai... but he rejected the offer .... he was such a big director who wantedly ignored Rajini movie :twisted:

Flying Taurus
3rd February 2009, 03:27 PM
Even some of my frnds watched Villu once in theaters :wink:

Flying Taurus
3rd February 2009, 03:37 PM

Round-a 20 vara vendaama :huh:

Round vara ithu enna roundtana'va...
Thank god this kattailaporavan (behindwoods) has not listed top 30, otherwise they would have added Sebi raj, JKR, Sam Anderson, Kevin Pieterson, et al....
Surya ahead of Ajith in terms of market value, no never....

Raikkonen
3rd February 2009, 03:57 PM
JK Ritesh kattaipayalukku /bwoodsku biriyani kudkkala pola, than top20 leya illa.

podaskie
3rd February 2009, 04:51 PM
@Anban

kamal is a good actor,even i can rate him as a one of the best actor in india,but rajini has a screen presence that kamal does not have ,rajini does not need any digital cinema,ten roles,sentimate scene,publicity etc etc and for kamal movie we all expect a good story and good acting etc, to run the movie, but rajini needs only style, punch dialogue than the movie will become superhit :wink:

Anban
3rd February 2009, 05:17 PM
@Anban

kamal is a good actor,even i can rate him as a one of the best actor in india,but rajini has a screen presence that kamal does not have ,rajini does not need any digital cinema,ten roles,sentimate scene,publicity etc etc and for kamal movie we all expect a good story and good acting etc, to run the movie, but rajini needs only style, punch dialogue than the movie will become superhit :wink: poda,

movies like baba kuselan had commercial elements and failed..

Kamal movies like anbesivam failed inspite of a gud story etc..

Kamal has given many mass blockbusters like SKV without any gud story..

first get ur facts right.. onnume theriyaama nee post pannittu irukka..

Vivasaayi
3rd February 2009, 05:21 PM
anban,

edhukku avarta arguing.

podaskie - neenga poyi eppavum pola vijay threadla "vijay endha oorla poyi kootam sekuraru" "villu hit apdingradhuku proofs" "kuruvi endhendha areala hitu"nu unga kadamaya seyyunga.

Amarshiva
3rd February 2009, 05:22 PM
Podaskie.. Ahtu anda kalam.. Offlate it's going otherwise. Eppellam china kuzanthainga yaara perayum solrathillai.. chutti Tv nnu than solranga..

What you described below was there in all of his latest 4 movies.. only chandramukhi was able to make it. The success of that movie is not only becasue of RK..JO played a vital part equally supported by songs and Vadivel..

@Anban

kamal is a good actor,even i can rate him as a one of the best actor in india,but rajini has a screen presence that kamal does not have ,rajini does not need any digital cinema,ten roles,sentimate scene,publicity etc etc and for kamal movie we all expect a good story and good acting etc, to run the movie, but rajini needs only style, punch dialogue than the movie will become superhit :wink:

podaskie
3rd February 2009, 05:26 PM
@Anban

kamal is a good actor,even i can rate him as a one of the best actor in india,but rajini has a screen presence that kamal does not have ,rajini does not need any digital cinema,ten roles,sentimate scene,publicity etc etc and for kamal movie we all expect a good story and good acting etc, to run the movie, but rajini needs only style, punch dialogue than the movie will become superhit :wink: poda,

you can only mention 1 or 2 movie which are failure for rajini but i can mention lot more films for kamal which r failed in boxoffice...

yeah skv is a good movie,and that time kamal is a no1 actor,only after anamalai rajini became a mass hero,and he never failed after that, may be, baba and kuselan....

hattori_hanzo
3rd February 2009, 06:15 PM
"needs only style, punch dialogue than the movie will become superhit"

shabba...dhayavu senju avara oru nalla padam panna vudunga. ippidi usuppeththi usuppethiye kaala varraanga pa..

Nerd
3rd February 2009, 08:41 PM
Podaskie, freeyA vidunga plis.

podaskie
3rd February 2009, 08:43 PM
Podaskie, freeyA vidunga plis.

ok buddy,

HonestRaj
3rd February 2009, 10:05 PM

Vasanth was an established director then.... who gave Aasai ( Blockbuster ) with Ajith and it was a turning point for Prakash Raj.... and do u know one thing, he was offered to direct Annaamalai... but he rejected the offer .... he was such a big director who wantedly ignored Rajini movie :twisted:

:notthatway: he was swapped for Suresh Krishna .. another Asst of KB... reject ellam kedayadhu.. vera yedho untold reason.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
3rd February 2009, 10:56 PM
enakku oru doubt.... some actors say, naan antha director kitta nadichen, intha director kitta nadichen, athellaam nalla padangal, aanaal makkal ethukka villai, they accept me only in commercial roles..nnu solraingale..

athu avanga in efficiency aa allathu avanga makkal rasanai pathi solrathu thaan unmayaa??

Avadi to America
3rd February 2009, 11:09 PM
@Anban

you can only mention 1 or 2 movie which are failure for rajini but i can mention lot more films for kamal which r failed in boxoffice...

yeah skv is a good movie,and that time kamal is a no1 actor,only after anamalai rajini became a mass hero,and he never failed after that, may be, baba and kuselan....

Freeya vidunga...ithu Ezha thamizhar prachannai mathiri romba naala irrukku....

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
3rd February 2009, 11:14 PM
naan kamal rasigan thaan, but annaamalaikku appuram thaan rajini mass hero :shock: ngarathu sari illai

thamiz
3rd February 2009, 11:16 PM
At least the first 6 six looks OK. It is true, surya is moving forward and he is next to Vijay now :)

Anban
4th February 2009, 01:14 AM
@Anban

after annamalai,

pandian
valli
ulaippaali
veera
arunaachalam(not a superhit)
baba
kuselan

karthik_sa2
4th February 2009, 02:36 AM
Vasanth was an established director then.... who gave Aasai ( Blockbuster ) with Ajith and it was a turning point for Prakash Raj.... and do u know one thing, he was offered to direct Annaamalai... but he rejected the offer .... he was such a big director who wantedly ignored Rajini movie

but vasanth is not a hard task master like ameer bala or selva.... nandha made a remarkable change in surya for the first time and that is bcos of a director like bala...am sure if surya had done his first movie with bala or ameer he would have excelled in the debut itself like karthi...

Movie Cop
4th February 2009, 03:12 AM
naan kamal rasigan thaan, but annaamalaikku appuram thaan rajini mass hero :shock: ngarathu sari illai
There is always a lot of ambiguity, blurredness, vagueness when it comes to clearly defining a "mass hero". Not sure whether the term "Mass hero" exists only in TN/AP film industry or universal to the much larger Bolly/Holly industries? :? But to me, the biggest mass hero in TN is TR! He can easily outweigh most of the other heroes! :lol:

thamiz
4th February 2009, 04:28 AM
But to me, the biggest mass hero in TN is TR! He can easily outweigh most of the other heroes! :lol:

oh you meant LITERALLY by weight!!! :lol:

MrIndia
4th February 2009, 04:34 AM
after annamalai,

pandian
valli
ulaippaali
veera
arunaachalam(not a superhit)
baba
kuselan

ulaipaali,veera and arunaachalam were far better than the others in the list and i guess they collected more money.

valli and kuselan.. guest appearances.
valli and baba.. rajini intervened in the story
:cry:
pandian would have become a hit if not for DEVAR MAGAN
:)

Nerd
4th February 2009, 04:46 AM
Ada idhukku explanation verayaa.. Rajaraman illAdha koraya anbaru theekkuraaru, avlodhan :lol2:

thamiz
4th February 2009, 04:51 AM
10A broke all records,

OK, I am off this thread :lol:

Thalafanz
4th February 2009, 06:20 AM
At least the first 6 six looks OK. It is true, surya is moving forward and he is next to Vijay now :)

:fatigue: :fatigue: :fatigue: :fatigue: :fatigue:

thamiz
4th February 2009, 07:58 AM

Please list them in the "correct order" - according to you! :D

Thalafanz
4th February 2009, 08:08 AM

Please list them in the "correct order" - according to you! :D

IllEngga, I don't like this 'ordering' game. To me, (top 3-6) got their own ups and downs and it's incorrect to say X is better than Y etc etc.
For example, just look at 1 and 2. This listing is based on last year (according to the site :wink: ). Don't u think, No.1 should be KH??? :)

thamiz
4th February 2009, 08:12 AM
This listing is based on last year (according to the site :wink: ). Don't u think, No.1 should be KH??? :)

The list is NOT based on last year if you carefully look at the movies they listed! :D

villan007
4th February 2009, 08:32 AM

thread-a pootungappa... theerpu soltaanga

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th February 2009, 08:56 AM
ha ha all praaplem staats when the order is changed, which is a reality!!!!

yaaro sonnangale, yar padam odutho avanga thaan superstarnnu...kamal is miles away from cheap\indirect publicity which the local superstars ususally do...

VRMBBS ran only around 50+days but it found a place in that year's top 5 BO Hits, along with some visay film, which "ran" 100+ days. that is the matter. No of days doesn't matt ngarathu, one such point...

Cinemarasigan
4th February 2009, 11:22 AM

5. VIjay

6. vikram,simbu,danush

Pyramid-kku mattum 40.32Cr loss, then the theatre owners-kku edho loss aachu, adhai thiruppi kudutthhanga-nnu sonnaangale adhu evlo irukkumo.. nenaichu paathhale thalai sutthudhu... :fatigue: :fatigue:

cancer
4th February 2009, 12:36 PM

thread-a pootungappa... theerpu soltaanga

Avadi to America
4th February 2009, 08:33 PM

5. VIjay

6. vikram,simbu,danush

Pyramid-kku mattum 40.32Cr loss, then the theatre owners-kku edho loss aachu, adhai thiruppi kudutthhanga-nnu sonnaangale adhu evlo irukkumo.. nenaichu paathhale thalai sutthudhu... :fatigue: :fatigue:

The movie sold out to pyramid for 65 crores. pyramid got distribution rights and also they directly released in theatres. if the revenue from the distributors share and direct relase is about 25C. what would be the official and unofficial collection in theatres? i hope it would be more than 25C.

Nerd
4th February 2009, 08:48 PM
And the production cost was 6C :bow:

Chaaminaathan made heck a lot of money with the BOSS and also billA. So idhu pOdhum..

crajkumar_be
4th February 2009, 09:01 PM
And the production cost was 6C :bow:

Appo rajini salary endha kanakku? So much for "helping" KB!!!

Pyramid made a loss of 40+crore. Doesn't mean the movie collected the remaining amount. Some of the burden was passed on to the exhibitors which is why they were up in arms

In other words, total loss = Pyramids loss of 40 Crore + X Crore for the exhibitors

The movie did not collect 20-25 crores. Yeah, nice try but won't work!

Nerd
4th February 2009, 09:15 PM
Rajini's salary is with the exhibitors now, AFAIK.

Movie made ~4C in chennai and did well in msia/spore/UK/US etc. Would have definitely made 20C.

Nerd
4th February 2009, 09:19 PM
By simble math,PSTL bought it for 65C, it should have made ~80C, to be profitable for all. PSTL has reported 44C, the exhibitor (the movie was released in many areas by PSTL themselves) loss is anybody's guess.