PDA

View Full Version : Erumappaal

Shoba
17th February 2009, 12:33 PM
Does any one know if Erumai (water buffalo) paal (milk) is available in Singapore and Malaysia?

Thanks!
Shoba

Shoba
17th June 2009, 12:37 PM
....anyone....?

NOV
17th June 2009, 12:53 PM
I dont think so its available in this parts. Chennai is still the best place for it. :thumbsup:

Shoba
17th June 2009, 01:12 PM
That's so true NOV. I was hoping may be Kelantan or Trengganu/Alor Setar...? No?

NOV
17th June 2009, 01:18 PM
No Shoba. you are making me feel :cry2: I miss the filter coffee of TN. :cry:

Shoba
17th June 2009, 01:20 PM
No Shoba. you are making me feel :cry2: I miss the filter coffee of TN. :cry:

Vaanga filter coffee panni tharein. Amul has buffalo milk in cartons (Amul Gold or some thing). But it doesnt taste like the real thing.

NOV
17th June 2009, 01:25 PM
:notthatway: gnaan rusi kanda poonai... and only can appreciate the real thing. :slurp:

WHY BUFFALOW MILK IS BETTER THAN COW MILK

58% more calcium than cows milk!
40% more protein than cows milk!
43% less cholesterol than cows milk!

Buffalo milk is a totally natural product that can be consumed like any other milk. Time after time participants in tasting trials pick out buffalo milk in preference to cows, goats and artificially manufactured milks. They just love the taste.

Buffalo milk is very white and beautifully smooth. It is significantly lower in cholesterol and higher in calcium than cows, sheeps or goats milks. And unlike the array of industrially produced soya and other cereal milks it is totally free of additives and chemical formulations.

In addition to the significant cholesterol and calcium benefits Buffalo Milk is also a rich source of iron, phosphorus, vitamin A and of course protein.

Buffalo Milk also contains high levels of the natural antioxidant tocopherol. Peroxidate activity is normally 2-4 times that of cows milk.

An unfortunate sign of the times is the growing number of people who suffer from cows milk allergy (cma). Fortunately this is not the case with Buffalo Milk which is suitable for many suffers from cma*.

The high milk solids of Buffalo Milk not only make it ideal for processing into superb dairy products but also contribute to significant energy savings in conducting that process. Yogurts are natural thick set without recourse to adding addition milk proteins or gelling agents as with lesser milks.

Shoba
17th June 2009, 01:54 PM
:exactly: !

Also, the whey and casein content present in cow's milk is what causes issues. Buffalo milk on the other hand doesnt have this problem.

I wouldnt totally reject goat's milk though. It's the closest to human milk. Cow's milk is best left for the calf itself :P