PDA

View Full Version : International Women's day 2009 - March 8th

app_engine
27th February 2009, 10:26 PM
OK, there has been some voices against the hubbers enjoying 'men suffering from women' kind of jokes.

To "correct" things, let's pay attention to the achievements of the "fairer" sex, by celebrating the forthcoming Int'l women's day:-)

http://www.internationalwomensday.com/about.asp

app_engine
27th February 2009, 10:34 PM
[tscii:fd300b0136]I used to work on a project for a firm's performance management. That included a metric of "% of female managers in the company out of the total number of managers" and even the target wasn't 20% (actual was lower even in NA / EU and much worse in AP).

Today, I got a mail from the HR of another global company (the contract firm I'm employed by) on the Intl Women's day, that had some pleasant surprise.

Let me quote:
=========
2008 has seen some good progress in relation to gender diversity. The number of senior women around the Group increased, with women making up 16 percent of our newly promoted VPs, compared to 10 percent last year. While women represent just over 25 percent of our workforce today, in India we have a very competitive positioning in terms of the number of women locally, and we should see this figure rise. Many of our female executive role models were recognized externally this year by prestigious organizations and bodies. The number of women’s councils and business networks established in our major countries has increased, and should soon spread to smaller countries such as Brazil, Chile and Guatemala. And our diversity agenda has consistently earned our Group a place on several important listings as one of the best places to work for women.
=======================
I was very thrilled to read the report on "supposedly backward India w.r.t women's progress" :-)

Way to go, Indian women![/tscii:fd300b0136]

sgokulprathap
9th March 2009, 02:16 PM
Women in Men's life...

I was born,
A woman was there to hold me,
- My mother.

I grew as a child,
A woman was there to care for me, to play with me,
- My sister.

I went to school,
A woman wa there to help me learn,
- My teacher.

I became depressed, whenever I lost,
A woman was there to offer a shoulder,
- My wife.

I became tough,
A women was there to melt me,
- My daughter.

Behind my every success there is a woman.

Happy Women's day.

pavalamani pragasam
9th March 2009, 07:56 PM
:clap:

I recorded my tribute in my kavithai thread:'muthalidam'.