PDA

View Full Version : [[-¤--^ DADA ^--¤-]]™ Sourav's fan club!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

littlemaster1982
12th April 2010, 08:31 PM
Whatever, blasting your team in public is ridiculous. Ganguly, of all people, should know this.

ajithfederer
12th April 2010, 08:32 PM
He slammed himself too. He dropped a regulation catch of Kallis in the 3rd ball of BRC's Innings.

He shouldn't have talked like this. Talking about his own teammates in public like this is just not on.

littlemaster1982
12th April 2010, 08:38 PM
Yeah, he said "we played pathetic" initially, but later on he went on talking about his team. "I can only talk and cheer them up. I can't go and field for them" etc. Nowhere he took responsibility for the defeat, which is expected from a captain. How about giving some credit to the opposition too?

ajithfederer
12th April 2010, 08:45 PM
May be he was referring to the match against Punjab. If KKR had won that game that would have really turned the tables now. Their fielding was pathetic in that match. Neenga kekkalam adhai pathi yen ippo pesuraannu. Vaasthavam than. :lol:.

littlemaster1982
12th April 2010, 08:51 PM
Don't know AF. I just expressed my displeasure. Let's see if this motivates his team.

Thirumaran
12th April 2010, 08:54 PM
Yeah, he said "we played pathetic" initially, but later on he went on talking about his team. "I can only talk and cheer them up. I can't go and field for them" etc. Nowhere he took responsibility for the defeat, which is expected from a captain. How about giving some credit to the opposition too?

He is always like that :huh:

Appu s
12th April 2010, 09:00 PM
Kilambi vanthuttangappa :lol2: He should not talked like that, but he was right ,they were pathetic not only when they fielding,ganguly doing his part well! infact he was the match winner for few matches.

littlemaster1982
12th April 2010, 09:04 PM
ganguly doing his part well! infact he was the match winner for few matches.

This is my problem with his statement overall. When KKR wins, it's because of Ganguly, but when it loses, it's the pathetic performance of team :|

Dinesh84
12th April 2010, 09:04 PM
sari.. etho kovathula sollitapla.. :| leave it..

Appu s
12th April 2010, 09:10 PM

This is my problem with his statement overall. When KKR wins, it's because of Ganguly, but when it loses, it's the pathetic performance of team :|
LM,even in those winning matches his contribution is much better than others,he can not be always a match winner.few matches they won Just 'coz of his performance alone.did he blame others each and every match they lose? oru frustration-la sollirukkalam..

lawmani
12th April 2010, 09:14 PM
Don't know AF. I just expressed my displeasure. Let's see if this motivates his team.

agree LM.. but this might be a classic case of media edits, showing his views out of context, also provoking him by asking stupid questions

vanchi
12th April 2010, 09:35 PM
Dada is always blunt. intha mathiri start ippadi vennai mathiri vitta. enna media konjma sontha sarakku sethrupainga. ishant pathi sonnathu correctthan.

Thirumaran
12th April 2010, 09:38 PM
Kilambi vanthuttangappa :lol2: He should not talked like that, but he was right ,they were pathetic not only when they fielding,ganguly doing his part well! infact he was the match winner for few matches.

Whether he was right or not is different thing, but pointing finger on ur team in public is a big demotivating factor.

As far his form, yes he is getting runs.. But i think in the power plays of many matches he is involved in several dot balls which is not ideal for T20 (naan paartha sila matches la, ganguly power plays la romba mokka poadura maathiri thoanuchu :roll: ). If he continues for long obviously the score is competitive else not up to the mark.

In that sense, few matches loss aagurathukkum Ganguly um oru kaaranam :roll:

As far blaming others and not taking responsibility i had seen him doing that during 2003 world cup. it is not something new from him.

littlemaster1982
12th April 2010, 09:41 PM

LM,even in those winning matches his contribution is much better than others,he can not be always a match winner.few matches they won Just 'coz of his performance alone.did he blame others each and every match they lose? oru frustration-la sollirukkalam..

I don't want to drag this, but except his 88 against DC & his 50+fielding in DD match, his performance has been below par. He is as much as responsible for defeats. The tone he spoke certainly didn't suggest that.

Lawmani,

I don't think media played much in this by quoting him out of context. This is nothing new for Ganguly.

vanchi
12th April 2010, 10:03 PM
you people are really harsh on dada :(
In spite of some minuses, I think he has been an inspiration for others. enna konjam adakki vashichirukkalam.

lawmani
12th April 2010, 10:17 PM
related article:

http://www.cricinfo.com/ipl2010/content/story/455762.html

Plum
12th April 2010, 10:30 PM
Well, what talent does Warne have at his disposal?

Appu s
12th April 2010, 11:35 PM
you people are really harsh on dada :(
In spite of some minuses, I think he has been an inspiration for others. enna konjam adakki vashichirukkalam.
leave it, its not new for us.... its always ganguly's mistake.. :bow: he is/was always a "blaming others for lose" captain.

LM,Name one batsman who played better than Ganguly in KKR,a match winning individual performance?, i agree that he is not the same ganguly wat we seen before, avarala evlavu mudiumo athai pannittu than irukkar. Ganguly-aa pathi kutham solrathuthan ellarukkum eppavum easy-aana velai thane.

TM, yen 2003-la vittutenga, 1992-la ganguly blamed everyone for losing word cup matches-nnu solla vendithane.

Kadaisya innonnu, adicha credit kodukkirathu... thothaa aduthavanagala kurai solrathu ithu yaarum yaarukkum kurainjavanaga illa :lol2:

ajaybaskar
12th April 2010, 11:45 PM
Oru nalla leader team meetingla yaara venumnaalum thittalaam, naalu arai kooda vidalaam. But publicla teamai vittu kodukka koodadhunradhu ennoda karuthu.

VinodKumar's
12th April 2010, 11:58 PM
Oru nalla leader team meetingla yaara venumnaalum thittalaam, naalu arai kooda vidalaam. But publicla teamai vittu kodukka koodadhunradhu ennoda karuthu.

:2thumbsup:

lawmani
13th April 2010, 12:08 AM

agree... quoting kittumani from manal kayiru...
"pochu ezhavadu conditionnu pochu... veetu ragasiyam oorukku theriyakoodathunnu sonnaen... unga annan oora kooti public meeting potrukaaru"

Appu s
13th April 2010, 12:16 AM
Agreed,it was harsh out of frustration.. bit too much i agree, sometimes it happened like that,no one is exception for that, its easy to always blame ganguly, some people went emotional and used the word carefully in the ceromony,even though they blamed the senior players like "could have played with common sense" .. it may not too harsh like ganguly... but still... most of the captains lose their cool nature out of frustration. wat ganguly talked is unnecessary,but ganguly poranthathula irunthe ippadi thannu inga sila per try panrathu than comedy aa irukku :lol:

ajaybaskar
13th April 2010, 12:39 AM
Yes. Agreed. But frustrate aagura alavukku KKR mosamaa aadalaingradhu unmai considering the state of the team in the previous 2 editions. Ishanthoda bowling form pathi chinna pullaikitta ketta kooda kaari thuppum. What else to expect from him? Moreover no team is showing consistent performance in the tourney including MI.

SRK maadhiri aalellam nammalai vimarsanam panra maadhiri vachuttaanuvalennu vena SG tension aagiyirukkalaam.

littlemaster1982
13th April 2010, 06:33 AM
LM,Name one batsman who played better than Ganguly in KKR,a match winning individual performance?,

Does this mean Ganguly is the only reason for KKR winning five matches?

Ganguly-aa pathi kutham solrathuthan ellarukkum eppavum easy-aana velai thane.

Ganguly pandradhu thappu-nu sollave koodathunu solreengala :roll:

Appu s
13th April 2010, 10:35 AM
LM,Name one batsman who played better than Ganguly in KKR,a match winning individual performance?,

Did i say that? i said he was the match winner for few matches,compared to ganguly's current form no other in form players made better runs than him, thats my point.ganguly may not have 150+SR, wat abt others young talented batsmen in KKR? they should have made more runs than him right? Athai than solal varren, sumaar vilayadura Ganguly alavukku kooda team-la evanu ozhunga aadala.

Kandippa sollalam, ganguly-aa easy aa target panniduvengannu sollren.
hub-la supporters athigam irukkiravanga ethavathu pannalum naama konjam free-aa vidrathu thane, athukku naan Unga fav. vache oru exp. type pannen. venamnnu edit pannitten. :P

littlemaster1982
13th April 2010, 11:36 AM

Did i say that? i said he was the match winner for few matches,compared to ganguly's current form no other in form players made better runs than him, thats my point.ganguly may not have 150+SR, wat abt others young talented batsmen in KKR? they should have made more runs than him right? Athai than solal varren, sumaar vilayadura Ganguly alavukku kooda team-la evanu ozhunga aadala.

Matthews played a good knock against DC in the first match, Tiwary gave a late surge against KXP after Ganguly scored a 40 ball 50, he also was the MOM against BRC. It's been told by KKR fans (I'm not meaning you here) that it's only Ganguly who has been winning it for KKR. Ganguly also spoiled his team's chances in two matches because of his inabilty to increase the pace. Ganguly sitting in 3rd place of top run getters list doesn't give the whole picture.

Also, KKR didn't fare that bad as a team against BRC. They played far worse cricket in other matches they lost. Not sure why Ganguly was so angry on this occasion.

Kandippa sollalam, ganguly-aa easy aa target panniduvengannu sollren.
hub-la supporters athigam irukkiravanga ethavathu pannalum naama konjam free-aa vidrathu thane, athukku naan Unga fav. vache oru exp. type pannen. venamnnu edit pannitten. :P

There's nothing like easy target. It's not that Ganguly doesn't have any supporters here. If you think Sachin did anything wrong, feel free to post about it :)

MADDY
13th April 2010, 01:31 PM
Ganguly just spoke my mind in that conference.....

Dinesh84
13th April 2010, 09:56 PM
Ganguly just spoke my mind in that conference..... 8-)

KKR 139/8 :shaking:

Dinesh84
13th April 2010, 09:58 PM
Gayle.. :hammer: ethana wide da poduva?

Dinesh84
13th April 2010, 10:03 PM
Really baed umpiring

ajithfederer
13th April 2010, 10:05 PM
Seriously. That dinda is another danda payal.

Gayle.. :hammer: ethana wide da poduva?

ajithfederer
13th April 2010, 10:52 PM
KKR camp needs a big revamp. The Team has to be turned on the whole to say the least. Actually I don't know where to start and where to finish. They are the only team not to qualify for the semis in 3 years. MI just escaped that scaring fact TODAY.

Appu s
13th April 2010, 10:59 PM
Dada better luck next match, you guys can make it to Semis! you looks like losing confidence! :notthatway: You will make it !

vanchi
13th April 2010, 11:05 PM
Dada better luck next match, you guys can make it to Semis! you looks like losing confidence! :notthatway: You will make it !

:exactly:

littlemaster1982
13th April 2010, 11:22 PM
final thanx to kolkata audience. u make us proud...couldnt do the same...& cant make any promises for future either, have lost the right.

just disappointed. cant do anymore for kkr. sorry cant sound fakely uppity about next season & thanx for support tweets.

Shah Rukh's latest tweets.

Thirumaran
14th April 2010, 12:17 AM

:exactly:

romba thaan nakkal yaa ungalukellaam :evil:

Rocky89
14th April 2010, 09:26 AM
kadupEturanungga my lord :banghead:

Dinesh84
14th April 2010, 09:29 AM
:bluejump: SRK :wave:

Plum
14th April 2010, 12:44 PM
SRK tweets today: (suggested):

@world in general 12:31AM - vENAm
@world in general 12:33AM - valikkudhu
@world in general 12:33AM - azhudhuduvEn
@world in general 12:35AM - azhudhuduvEn.

steveaustin
18th April 2010, 10:35 AM
Dada :notworthy: :exactly: 8-) 75* and a thaaru maaru catch to remoo karikada baai

It was a pretty good innings but still he could have finished the match by atleast 2 or 3 more overs earlier. DADA's running between the wickets is a big concern for KKR.

Sourav
18th April 2010, 02:30 PM
:clap: dada, good innings, good catch, but that was not for u, pujara easy-a pudichiruppan... :lol: anyway... :cool2: gayle, mccullum yaarachum oruthan ninnurunthale 13th over-kulla jeichirukalaam...

Most runs Player Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s

SR Tendulkar 13 13 2 561 89* 51.00 412 136.16 0 5 0 77 3

JH Kallis 14 14 4 542 89* 54.20 453 119.64 0 6 1 62 9
SC Ganguly 13 13 1 451 88 37.58 383 117.75 0 4 1 54 13 :clap:

vanchi
18th April 2010, 04:56 PM
Dada winning one more match :clap:
(enna adichalum, edhavathu questions irukkave irukkum :lol2:)

VENKIRAJA
18th April 2010, 08:28 PM
http://twitpic.com/1gl4b8
:poke:

raghavendran
19th April 2010, 12:20 PM
http://twitpic.com/1gl4b8
:poke:
en kalaikkureenge venki...ganguly mattum ange maattikkittu thavikkiraaru...lone survivor of kkr...

Kalyasi
19th April 2010, 10:08 PM
No one here?? Dada Crosses 1000 runs in IPL

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dinesh84
19th April 2010, 10:11 PM
Wow :bow: :smokesmile:

Dinesh84
19th April 2010, 10:47 PM
I think this will be the last innings for dada in ipl :(
:bow: i think he is still the best player in kkr

ajaybaskar
19th April 2010, 10:56 PM
Congrats to KKR for finishing the tourney on a winning note.

ajithfederer
19th April 2010, 10:57 PM
Ganguly :clap:. You have played some very good knocks. You've did your best this year. Hope you come with full force and bring in some good talent in this year's auction. Hope yiou make semi's and fight for next year's title.

venkkiram
20th April 2010, 02:33 AM
Sourav வாழ்த்துக்கள்!

tamizharasan
20th April 2010, 03:33 AM
Venkkiram
Dada does not understand Tamil. Please replace vaazhthukkal with Abhinandan. Bengali word for congratulations.

Sourav
20th April 2010, 06:56 AM
Ganguly :clap:. You have played some very good knocks. You've did your best this year. Hope you come with full force and bring in some good talent in this year's auction. Hope yiou make semi's and fight for next year's title.
ya, he has played some good knocks and @ no-3 in top run getters after the league round matches... great! :D

IPL-3 Records - Most runs in a series
NAME FOR M INNS NOS RUNS BALLS FACES FOURS SIXES AVG SR FIFTIES HUNS NINTIES ZEROS HS
Sachin Tendulkar Mumbai Indians 13 13 2 561 411 77 3 51 136.49 5 0 0 0 89*
Jacques Kallis Royal Challengers Bangalore 14 14 4 542 453 62 9 54.2 119.64 6 0 0 1 89*
Sourav Ganguly Kolkata Knight Riders 14 14 1 493 419 58 15 37.92 117.66 4 0 0 1 88
:bow:

Dins, dada will surely play in next yr IPL. He told that in post-presentation, he wrote abt that in twitter too.

KKR's domestic players r their biggest let-down... the performance of manoj+pujara+ishanth+saha+shukla+agarkar is way below than other teams domestic players...
manoj - got two MOM... thats it... few ducks and <10...
pujara - some 20s and 30s with 100 s/r
ishanth - biggest flop of IPL... not only this season...
saha - excellent behind the stumps, didnt get many chance to bat, but just avg. wen he got.
shukla - avg.
agarkar - bowled well in few matches, then went back in to his usual mode.
dinda - was also a ishanth-2 in initial matches, but, bowled exceedingly well in 2nd leg... :clap:
MK - bowled well in all the matches with good econ. but, he rarely gave any breakthroughs like ohja, ashwin.... wicket-e vizhathu,
Unadkat - having good future,
Vicky - :cry:

foreign players,
Hodge, Shah, Hussey, Mccullum, Mendis were below avg, mathews was ok, his bowling was below par, gayle played two good knocks, bond and langevelt bowled well, but same case as MK, wkt-e edukkalaiyappa... there is no KKR player in top-20 wkt-takers... in top run getters too, excluding dada, there is no kkr batsman in top-20...

Pick some good players in next auction.... just leave out the likes of ishanth, rohan, agarkar, hodge etc...

TEAM PLAY WON LOST TIE NR PTS NRR

Mumbai Indians 14 10 4 0 0 20 +1.084

Deccan Chargers 14 8 6 0 0 16 -0.297

Chennai Super Kings 14 7 7 0 0 14 +0.274

Royal Challengers Bangalore 14 7 7 0 0 14 +0.219

Delhi Daredevils 14 7 7 0 0 14 +0.021

Kolkata Knight Riders 14 7 7 0 0 14 -0.341

Rajasthan Royals 14 6 8 0 0 12 -0.514

Kings XI Punjab 14 4 10 0 0 8 -0.478 6th place... Points mattum vacchu paatha only MI and DC r ahead of kkr... so, its better performance by KKR than last two editions...

Plum
20th April 2010, 10:56 AM
Ok, ippO dhairyamA sollalAm - yArum disprove paNNa mudiyAdhu. Vigneshai select paNNi irundhA KKR semis-ku pOyirukkum :-)

Rocky89
20th April 2010, 08:31 PM
Good work by Dada, but others sothapified. Should've won that Punjab match :(

KKR should buy 2-3 decent players for next edition, Ishant Sharma'lam vitthudanum!

steveaustin
20th April 2010, 08:49 PM
தாதாவின் ஆட்டம் எந்த அளவுக்கு கொல்கத்தாவுக்கு சாதகமாக இருந்ததோ அதே அளவுக்கு பாதகமாகவும் இருந்தது என்ற உண்மை தாதாவின் தீவிர விசிறியான எனக்கு கசப்பாகவே இருக்கிறது. ஓட்டத்தில் மற்றும் சற்று கவனம் செலுத்தியிருந்தால் நிச்சயமாக சச்சின் குவித்த ரன்களை எட்டி பிடிக்க வாய்ப்பு சற்று அதிகமாகவே இருந்தது மட்டுமின்றி அணியின் வெற்றிக்கும் வழி வகுத்திருக்கும்.

ஆறுதலான சில விஷயங்கள்

இந்த வயதிலும் இந்திய வீரர் ஒருவர் இத்தனை சிக்சர்கள் குவித்தது சற்று ஆச்சரியமூட்டுவதாக இருந்தது.

பீல்டிங் சுமார் தான். ஆனால் அவர் பிடித்த கேட்சுகள் பல சிறப்பானதாக இருந்தன.

குறைகள்

எளிதான கேட்சுகளை தவற விட்டது அணிக்கு பாதகமாக அமைந்தன.

புஜாரா (Under-19 opener in the world cup) போன்ற வீரர்களை சரியாக பயன்படுத்த தவறி விட்டது குறை.

திவாரி இந்த அளவுக்கு லெக் ஸ்பின் பந்து வீசுவார் என்பதை சரியாக பயன்படுத்தாதது குறை.

vanchi
20th April 2010, 09:25 PM
Dada :clap:
saruka vakara idathala vachathukku :clap:

Dinesh84
20th April 2010, 10:18 PM
Good work by Dada, but others sothapified. Should've won that Punjab match :(

KKR should buy 2-3 decent players for next edition, Ishant Sharma'lam vitthudanum! illati ethavathu thiruvilaa la kondu poi tholachidanum.. :goodidea:

littlemaster1982
20th April 2010, 10:19 PM
:lol:

Sourav
8th July 2010, 09:39 AM
Happy B'day Dada! :D

VinodKumar's
8th July 2010, 09:45 AM
Happy B'day Dada! :D

Ungala maari oru theevira visiri ah naan paathathu la :lol2:

Happy B'day Dada.

Siv.S
8th July 2010, 10:12 AM
Happy Birthday Dada! :D

sankara1970
8th July 2010, 10:51 AM
Happy birthday Dada!

Dinesh84
8th July 2010, 11:02 AM
Happy Birthday Dada! :D

ajithfederer
8th July 2010, 11:04 AM
Birthday wishes Ganguly!!!!

Plum
8th July 2010, 11:38 AM
Dhoni and Ganguly - same sun sign? Two of the best captains India has ever had. Coincidence, eh?

VinodKumar's
8th July 2010, 09:06 PM
Dhoni and Ganguly - same sun sign? Two of the best captains India has ever had. Coincidence, eh?

Hello appdi lam irrukaathu. Neenga solluratha paatha Dhoni ending seri irrukaathu polavae :evil:

Rocky89
8th July 2010, 09:10 PM
Happy Birthday Dada :D

ajithfederer
14th July 2010, 12:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdM2M_yhuSo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaozCNUFfYw&feature=channel

Tendulkar & Ganguly Part 3 of 4

Tendulkar & Ganguly Part 4 of 4

Sourav
8th August 2010, 08:59 AM
sourav & symonds r the analysts for the champions league....

steveaustin
16th November 2010, 01:35 PM
Kolkata Knightmare Riders' openers on fire. Both have completed their respective double hundreds on the same day. Chris Gayle 1st innings, McCullum 2nd innings.

ajaybaskar
7th December 2010, 03:00 PM
http://www.maalaimalar.com/2010/12/06122735/cricket-sourav-ganguly.html

தேசியகீதம் இசைக்கப்படும்போது சூயிங்கம் மெல்லாமல் இருப்பதும் உலகக்கோப்பையை வெல்ல உதவலாம்.. :lol2:

sathya_1979
28th December 2010, 09:28 PM
[tscii:a51dcfbec1]http://cricketnext.in.com/news/captain-of-the-decade-sourav-ganguly/52785-13.html?from=tn

Captain of the decade: Sourav Ganguly

New Delhi: No conversation about this decade of Indian cricket is complete without a suitable amount of time being spent on debating the phenomenon who brought about the push-pull tactics to the fore. From being pushed around through the use of verbal tactics to being pulled into a trap, Indian cricket's greatest transformation this decade was the fearlessness with which they approached their opponents and managed to get under their skin.

From a players' skipper to the peoples' skipper, Sourav Ganguly made the transition from being the outsider within his team to finding a place in Indian cricketing folklore. Having established his credentials as a player, Ganguly took on the ominous task of leading the national team with the agenda of showing the world that Indian cricket was tough, intuitive and uncompromising.

In 2000, when Ganguly took over as skipper, he inherited Indian cricket in the midst of confusion and a crisis that was triggered by the match-fixing controversy. There was no clarity of thought, no plan, and no actionable ideas. It was time to bring about a change.

Come 2001 and Ganguly played the role of a shrewd tactician to perfection. Australia, having won 15 Tests in a row, came to win over - what skipper Steve Waugh termed as - the 'final frontier'. Australia had not won a series in India since 1969. In the world of international cricket, they were the undisputed rulers of the game, a team that had conquered every cricketing pitch. And now India was the prize.

The new leader though laid out a different agenda. 'Waugh can forget about the numbers 16, 17 and 18,' Ganguly said. Never before had an Indian captain displayed such guts prior to the start of any series, let alone against Australia. But of course Ganguly was different. He could say and do the unexpected. He was unusual and unconventional.

Australia hammered India in the first Test at Mumbai to win it within three days; and then had them on the mat in Kolkata before VVS Laxman and Rahul Dravid turned on the magic on day four and that young spinner Harbhajan Singh came to the party on day five. Sachin Tendulkar roared back in form in the third Test at Chennai and Harbhajan won the 'Turbanator' sobriquet.

Ganguly had cemented his place as Team India's undisputed leader with the defence of the final frontier. The message sent out was loud and clear: this land belongs to us; you can't take it over.

India had found a new cult figure; a folk hero about whom tales would abound and be passed from one generation to another. Tales about how he made Steve Waugh wait for the toss. An act that according to a celebrated cricket writer of our times 'started as a misjudgment and became an amusement that turned into a strategy'.

In 2002, the bare-chested Ganguly stunt on the Lord's balcony was to become the defining moment of his captaincy. There was no place for decorum and norms. It did not matter it was the Lord's – the holiest of cricketing holies. It was India's first one-day tournament victory after having lost nine in a row, six of them under Ganguly.

Over the next year-and-a-half Ganguly and Team India climbed the heights and celebrations of its success reached a crescendo with the spectacular show at the 2003 Cricket World Cup in South Africa. An appearance in the final had come after 20 years and Ganguly was the toast of the nation. Finally, he was being mentioned in the same breath as legends like Kapil Dev and Sunil Gavaskar. I don't think it mattered much to Ganguly as much as it mattered to the people. He did what he had to do, the rest just fell into place.

Ganguly though understood the value of gestures and the importance of appearances. He had an eye for picking and nurturing talent, backing them to the brink and leading by example in the critical hour. What else can explain Yuvraj Singh's comment on his first comeback when he said 'I can die for this captain'.

If the Lord's balcony show was a defining moment in his captaincy, Ganguly's century in the first Test at The Gabba in the 2003-04 tour of Australia was, according to me, the highest moment of his playing career and one that set the tone for the series. The Aussies paid the price of under-estimating the skipper. They threw all that they had, bounced him, tested him, but Ganguly stood there, scoring an invaluable 144. It was this performance that confirmed once and for all that the man could not be shaken. He was the rock.

More glory was in store after Australia. Victory in Pakistan was another peak conquered, but unfortunately it was the peak of a slippery slope. The beginning of the end came soon after India lost the home series to Australia at Nagpur and then his loss of personal form coincided with India's insipid ODI performance. His differences with Greg Chappell were leaked into public domain and the career of a formidable Indian captain was in jeopardy. Ganguly struggled with his form and his fitness levels, and there was a clear desperation to hold on to his job.

But he was not one to be defeated. He capped a fairytale comeback with the South Africa series and went on to put on some superlative displays in England and then in the home series against Pakistan. But the end seemed to be imminent. And finally on October 7, 2008 – two days prior to the start of the first Test against Australia – Ganguly told a press conference that this series would be his last. As I listened to the news and filed it for my website, I ran a movie-clip of Ganguly's decade in my head. But there was one certainty now. There was no chance of losing his place. He had timed his departure in the same manner he used to time the ball on the off-side – cleanly and sweetly.

Taken as a whole, Ganguly's contribution has been more than a triumph. As a player, he was prepared to take on challenges. As a captain, he was prepared to stand up for his players. As a man, he earned his stripes. He was neither the saint nor the devil. But he served Indian cricket with distinction and left a legacy for other skippers to follow.

[/tscii:a51dcfbec1]

Dinesh84
28th December 2010, 11:00 PM
:ty: Sathya!

ajaybaskar
17th January 2011, 03:07 PM
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Don-t-doubt-Ganguly-he-is-still-better-than-the-best/Article1-651313.aspx

ajaybaskar
22nd January 2011, 11:51 AM
http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_ganguly-not-giving-up-despite-ipl-snub_1497559

ajaybaskar
31st January 2011, 03:34 PM
Ganguly could get IPL lifeline

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/content/story/498947.html?CMP=chrome

Siv.S
4th February 2011, 10:42 AM
Today we will come to know whether he will play IPL or not... RCB,MI,DDD are againt the inclusion of Ganguly.

Ganguly could get IPL lifeline

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/content/story/498947.html?CMP=chrome

ajaybaskar
4th February 2011, 11:03 AM
Apdi avar enna pannunaar?

Sourav
4th February 2011, 11:15 AM
Today we will come to know whether he will play IPL or not... RCB,MI,DDD are againt the inclusion of Ganguly.

not DD, RR.

Siv.S
4th February 2011, 11:17 AM
Ajay, its about the changing rules(periya UN rule :x) Auction-la Unsold aanavangala ippa edukka koodatham. Mostly ganguly will not get chance to play for Kochi!!
Apdi avar enna pannunaar?

Siv.S
4th February 2011, 11:18 AM
Ramal,news-la intha moovarathan sonnainga.
not DD, RR.

Dinesh84
4th February 2011, 11:21 AM
Why should he go through all this ? .. its better for him to not play in this !@##$*! IPL.. :evil:

Sourav
4th February 2011, 11:29 AM
Ramal,news-la intha moovarathan sonnainga.ohh...

MUMBAI: Sourav Ganguly's chances of playing in IPL 4 have hit a roadblock with three franchises -- Royal Challengers Bangalore, Mumbai Indians and the Rajasthan Royals -- objecting to Team Kochi's belated move to sign up the southpaw, who went unsold at the players' auction last month.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/news/Gangulys-Kochi-dream-soured-by-objections/iplarticleshow/7420877.cms

ajaybaskar
4th February 2011, 12:16 PM
This is too much of an insult to the veteran. At least they should consider his service to Indian cricket. After all, IPL was started to groom younger talent and that can happen only when they interact/play with the stalwarts of the game.

ajaybaskar
4th February 2011, 07:38 PM
The IPL governing council has denied franchises permission to sign the three unsold Indian players from the auction after some of the teams objected to the proposal, putting an end to any chances former India captain, Sourav Ganguly, had of playing in IPL 4. The governing council has also allowed Manish Pandey to sign with the Sahara Pune Warriors, but banned him for four matches and fined him 25% of his player fee for breaching the IPL's trade practices.

The Kochi franchise was reported to have shown interest in Ganguly, and had apparently sought permission from the BCCI since IPL rules did not allow unsold players to be signed. The BCCI then sent a letter to the ten franchises asking if they have any objections to the proposal and gave them until February 3 to respond. However, Mehul Shah, one of the co-owners of the Kochi franchise, told ESPNcricinfo they had not asked the board for permission to sign Ganguly.

Meanwhile, Pandey, the most sought-after uncapped Indian player, was reportedly in discussions with a number of franchises, including his original franchise, the Royal Challengers Bangalore. Bangalore subsequently complained to the IPL that the player had demanded more money than the rules allow. After determining that the players' agent had been in talks with a number of teams, the IPL decided to punish Pandey at its meeting in Mumbai today,

The uncapped players have been placed in fixed price brackets by the IPL - those players who made their first-class debut in the last two years will be paid Rs 10 lakhs ($22,000); those in the field for two to five years would get Rs 20 lakhs ($44,000) and those with more than five years' experience Rs 30 lakhs ($66,000).

scorpio
10th February 2011, 02:20 PM
A very nice article on Ganguly :-)

No one divides like Ganguly

Few Indian cricketers have polarised the fans like Sourav Ganguly, evoking love and hate in near equal measure. The IPL's snub will do little to change that

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/500099.html

Dinesh84
10th February 2011, 03:02 PM
from the above link

Each time India win a Test match or consolidate that No. 1 ranking, they're adding bricks to an edifice that Ganguly and John Wright laid the foundation for. Starting with Eden Gardens in 2001, by way of Kandy later that year and Headingley in 2002, all the way to the Gabba and beyond to Rawalpindi, where a first-ever series win on Pakistani soil was clinched. They can deny him an IPL contract, but not his place at the very heart of India's cricket history. :exactly:

ajaybaskar
10th February 2011, 03:26 PM
Very true!!

ajaybaskar
10th February 2011, 03:34 PM
Ready to play IPL if taken, says Sourav

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/et-cetera/ready-to-play-ipl-if-taken-says-sourav/articleshow/7462314.cms

ajaybaskar
14th February 2011, 03:22 PM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/sunday-toi/special-report/Dont-know-why-Im-not-in-IPL-its-not-my-price-or-age/articleshow/7485250.cms

Plum
14th February 2011, 04:22 PM
How many of you will consider Dravid's contribution as Captain? Would it surprise you if you knew that Ganguly never led us to a major overseas series triumph. The aforementioned Pak series had Dravid in the helm for first two tests.
As much as I think that Ganguly was one of the stalwarts in India's rise, there is a leap of faith in jumping from Ganguly to Dhoni directly as succesful indian captains who made a difference. Kartikexa Date has written a lovely article putting this "aggressive captain/changed attitude of Indians" thing in context. I am sure feeyaar would like it. When i post from a more convenient device, i will link it. Interested can google it themselves.

The acknowledgement of Dravid only as a courtier in Ganguly's durbar is a tragedy of our times
(Not saying ganguly fans here are saying this but that is the general narrative, isnt it,in indian cricket fans, writers' and popular conscience?)

littlemaster1982
14th February 2011, 04:47 PM
Just read the article, Karthikeya had written all that I wanted to say. But I think it's tough to dispel the notion that he is the most successful captain of India.

raghavendran
27th February 2011, 09:40 AM
Ganguly is just awesome in the studios...his views and opinions r :notworthy:...just enjoying the cricket extra show more than some of the matches itself..DADA :2thumbsup: