PDA

View Full Version : kAnchivaram by Priyadarshan

MrJudge
4th March 2009, 08:23 PM
[tscii:b6e76fdc42]‘Kanchivaram’- A new funda from Priyan
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, March 04, 2009]

Normally when a movie directed by the ace film maker Priyadarshan is to hit big screens, it is easy for us to make certain presumptions about the nature of the flick. We assume that the movie is going to be a complete entertainer loaded with slapstick humour for which the director is famous for.

The case is entirely different with the film called ‘Kanchivaram’, Priyan’s first fully realistic movie.

The film which was well received with a standing ovation at the prestigious Toronto Film Festival caught many film makers as well as film buffs by surprise.

Till film was screened none thought that Priyan had the skill to make such a serious film based on a subject that is relevant in the contemporary times too. Seems the subject of the movie was resting inside its maker’s mind for several years.

Finally when it came out in the form of a movie, Priyadarshan had fulfilled a long-held ambition. He had satisfied his wish to make a movie just for the sake of emotional reasons and not aimed at any commercial gains.

But the director will be least perturbed on how the people are going to assess the movie when it gets to the cinema halls on March 13.

The film has the versatile Prakash Raj donning the lead role of a silk saree weaver named Vengadam in Kanchivaram known as Canjeevaram during the British rule of India. The film follows the ordeals of Vengadam as he fights his extremely poor living conditions to keep a promise he had made to his new born daughter.

The movie also has Shriya Reddy playing the role of Vengadam’s wife and is produced by Shailendra Singh.

The music has been composed by famous play back signer M.G.Sreekumar and Arun Kumar is the editor.[/tscii:b6e76fdc42]

viraajan
4th March 2009, 08:50 PM
Naan yerkanave pathuttene :boo:

Will watch it again in Theatre :yes:

What a movie :bow:

joe
4th March 2009, 08:53 PM
Naanum Parthutten :D

Excellent Movie :thumbsup:

app_engine
4th March 2009, 09:05 PM
'kAlApAni' (siRaichchAlai in Thamizh) was also a serious movie by Priyan, so calling this the first 'realistic' movie and removing all others as slap-sticks is somewhat far-fetched.

Even his 'thALavattam' was a relatively serious flick...

VENKIRAJA
4th March 2009, 10:20 PM
This is easily one of the best ever movies made in Tamil, if not elsewhere- IMHO. :D

MrJudge
4th March 2009, 11:27 PM
How did you see the movie guys? d/l?

VENKIRAJA
4th March 2009, 11:50 PM

There is a high-speed link with me, use IDM to download it. Mods, can we create a seperate thread fr download related issues. Seriously... it will help :mrgreen: pm is a tough thing and a comm sharing is possible. Anyways, we gonna download.

app_engine
5th March 2009, 12:08 AM

I didn't see the movie but good quality DVD's are available in stores.

MrJudge
5th March 2009, 11:41 AM

I didn't see the movie but good quality DVD's are available in stores.

Is it officially released or just pirated copies? Lot of people are saying this is a good movie from Priyadarshan, so I will see it in theaters.

joe
5th March 2009, 11:50 AM
Inimel ithu theatre-kku varathu-nnu sonnathala naan online-la paarthen :(

MrJudge
5th March 2009, 12:00 PM
[tscii:f7a01475f5]Priyan's Kanchivaram on March 13.
By Moviebuzz | Thursday, 05 March , 2009, 10:42

Priyadarshan’s critically acclaimed Kanchivaram will have a theatrical release in Chennai on March 13.

The film has been screened at all the major film festivals in the world where critics have gone ga-ga over it. The film is also an eye opener to how communism had its roots in Tamilnadu through the weavers of Kanchivaram.

Says Priyadarshan: “ It is my best film till date and my team of cameraman Thiru, art director Sabu Cyril and music director M.G Sreekumar have also done a brilliant job.”

The film produced by Percept Picture Company in association with Four Frames is releasing in four Chennai screens.[/tscii:f7a01475f5]

jaaze
5th March 2009, 12:01 PM

There is a high-speed link with me, use IDM to download it. Mods, can we create a seperate thread fr download related issues. Seriously... it will help :mrgreen: pm is a tough thing and a comm sharing is possible. Anyways, we gonna download.

:exactly: pls :bow:

we can put it in hubbers' lounge so that outsiders will not be able to see we are posting links :idea:

MrJudge
5th March 2009, 12:03 PM
Inimel ithu theatre-kku varathu-nnu sonnathala naan online-la paarthen :(

13th release nnu solRanga.....oru vAram OdunAlE periya vishayam thAn. niRaiya padangaL release-kku waitingla irukku. It won't be a big surprise if lot of people watch it in DVDs or online.

viraajan
5th March 2009, 12:21 PM

:yes: Torrent :ashamed:

VENKIRAJA
5th March 2009, 01:40 PM

:yes: Torrent

Torrent ellAm old fashion. Only ddl. :victory:

:ashamed:

engaLukkum vekka vElAyudham soodu sUlayudham ellAm irukupA... AnA enna paNradhu vElai illayE. So, neenga ellAm paNrathu thAn thappu, nAnga safe. Hubbers lounge-la thread pOtruvOma?

leosimha
5th March 2009, 05:20 PM
what is ddl. and IDM?

Anban
5th March 2009, 05:47 PM
what is ddl. and IDM? direct download and Internet Download Manager.

jaaze
5th March 2009, 06:12 PM
Hubbers lounge-la thread pOtruvOma?
please do the honours :exactly:
ps. no torrents and downloads (my HDD is small and hence full)
live link kodutha thevala.. matha vishayatha antha puthu thread-la discuss pannalame.. :goodidea:

leosimha
6th March 2009, 04:19 PM
what is ddl. and IDM? direct download and Internet Download Manager.

Thank you very much for the info, Anban.

leosimha
6th March 2009, 04:26 PM
//dig//

I was just going through the internet for more info on ddl and idm but they are chargeable and not free.

//dig//

Anban
6th March 2009, 05:03 PM
//dig//

I was just going through the internet for more info on ddl and idm but they are chargeable and not free.

//dig// sir,

get a torrent software like bitcomet.. then u can get the pirated or cracked versions of these softwares.. ivvalavu naalaa neenga internet-la enna pannittu iruntheenga?? :twisted: :evil:

VENKIRAJA
6th March 2009, 06:31 PM
//dig//

//dig// sir,

get a torrent software like bitcomet.. then u can get the pirated or cracked versions of these softwares.. ivvalavu naalaa neenga internet-la enna pannittu iruntheenga?? :twisted: :evil:

Please search somewhere like 4shared.com and download IDM with crack. It helps in downloading youtube or other streaming videos also. Check my blog post for more details. Mods, you could have kept the thread. Still, PMs entertained :D
http://venkiraja.wordpress.com/2008/09/21/pillar-post-i/

leosimha
6th March 2009, 06:50 PM
oops!!! I do have a torrent software bittorrent but saw some posts which were talking about ddl. and IDM.

I knew about IDM earlier only but as Internet Download Manager (I am not good at abbreviations) and re-checked whether they have made it Freeware from Shareware.

Yes, I will have to try out the cracked versions, that's the only option.

Anyways, thank you very much for the information, Anban and Venkiraja.

PS- enna sir-u...seer-u..nu...kooputtu...enna ippadi solladheer....just leo is enough....

VENKIRAJA
6th March 2009, 06:53 PM
Anyways, thank you very much for the information, Anban and Venkiraja.

PS- enna sir-u...seer-u..nu...kooputtu...enna ippadi solladheer....just leo is enough....

Leo maams! Ajithfans-kuLLa enna!? Namma sangam engapA pOchu?

Coming back to Kanchivaram, who all have watched the movie?

leosimha
6th March 2009, 07:16 PM
is this the same priyadarshan who had directed billu barber?

viraajan
6th March 2009, 07:39 PM
Brilliant, beautiful, Realistic, disturbing. Ruined my peace of mind. Prakashraj at his best once again especially in the climax. Wow... :bow: He is gifted!!!!

Plus:

Story
Screenplay
Direction
Dialogues
Music especially the solo Violin in the BGM. Dwells so well.
Prakash Raj
and almost every character in the movie.

//I've not mentioned anything about the camerawork as it is a theater print :ashamed:

Minus:
Really nothing.

//May be I'll have to watch it again to find a minus point.

Watch it. Watch it. Watch it.

VENKIRAJA
6th March 2009, 08:52 PM
is this the same priyadarshan who had directed billu barber?

Yeah. avaru thAn. Lesa Lesa kooda priyadarshan thAn.

Viraajan- Cinematography in the movie was awesome. I got a similar 'Preview copy' as well, but it isn't a Cam-rip.

joe
5th September 2009, 09:34 PM
unconfirmed news : Prakash Raj winning Best actor award for Kaanjeevaram ,National award ,which is going to be announced on coming monday.

I am not a great fan of actor Prakash Raj ,but his performance in Kanjeevaram deserves national award,as i mentioned in hub after viewing Kanjeevaram 8-)

It seems Kanjeevaram won 2 more awards for best movie and direction.

VENKIRAJA
5th September 2009, 10:08 PM
unconfirmed news : Prakash Raj winning Best actor award for Kaanjeevaram ,National award ,which is going to be announced on coming monday.

I am not a great fan of actor Prakash Raj ,but his performance in Kanjeevaram ,as i mentioned in hub after viewing Kanjeevaram 8-)

It seems Kanjeevaram won 2 more awards for best movie and direction.

IE-layum ezhudhiyirundhAnga. :)
3rd National award!

mexicomeat
6th September 2009, 05:07 AM
imho, naan kadavul deserves a national award than kanchivaram.

joe
7th September 2009, 02:47 PM
Best Actor ,Best Movie -National Awards :)

P_R
7th September 2009, 02:50 PM
Oh yet to see.

joe
7th September 2009, 02:52 PM
Oh yet to see.

Vijay TV-la pottangale ..appa kooda paakkalliya :evil:

crajkumar_be
7th September 2009, 02:57 PM
Naanum Vijay TV la pottappayum miss pannitten :oops:

P_R
7th September 2009, 03:02 PM
Oh :oops:

Equa oru thadavai online-la paakka link kuduthaar.

joe
7th September 2009, 03:06 PM
Equa oru thadavai online-la paakka link kuduthaar.

Anoops koduththa link-la thaan naan paarthen ..Super Quality stream :D
(appo padam heatre-kku varathu-nnu sonnanga :oops: )

kid-glove
7th September 2009, 03:06 PM
:thumbsup: Deserved. A good little film by Priyadarshan (what a surprise!).

joe
7th September 2009, 03:07 PM
Naanum Vijay TV la pottappayum miss pannitten :oops:

Kandippa paarunga .

viraajan
7th September 2009, 07:04 PM
:clap: Priyadharshan and Kanchivaram Team! :)

:clap: :bow: Prakash Raj! 8-) 8-)

P_R
12th September 2009, 06:05 PM
காஞ்சீவரம் கசப்பான அனுபவம் - சுப்ரபாரதி மணியன் (http://inioru.com/?p=5114)

joe
12th September 2009, 06:53 PM
காஞ்சீவரம் கசப்பான அனுபவம் - சுப்ரபாரதி மணியன் (http://inioru.com/?p=5114)

Who is this SubraBharathi Maniyan? :roll:

P_R
13th September 2009, 08:47 PM
ilakkiya pathirikkai ezhuthaaLar :-)

joe
13th September 2009, 08:57 PM

இலக்கியவாதிகள் தொல்லை தாங்க முடியல்லப்பா!

ajaybaskar
13th September 2009, 09:23 PM
Ivaroda kadhaigalai munnadi kumudhamla paathurukken..

ajaybaskar
13th September 2009, 09:29 PM
Ivar solradhai namba mudiyalai. Kancheevaram padathoda kadhaiyai 3,4 varusham munnadiyae PD ezhuthittaaru. ARR was supposed to be the MD and the same was mentioned in ARR's future projects. This happened 4 yrs back..

P_R
14th September 2009, 08:58 AM

இலக்கியவாதிகள் தொல்லை தாங்க முடியல்லப்பா!
:lol2:

Did you note the 'mudhal mariyaadhai' statement in the end ?

Apparently the 'missing toe' scene was there in Ki. RajanarayaNan's novel கோபல்ல கிராமம்.