PDA

View Full Version : cashew paste, badam paste

mk
13th January 2005, 09:01 PM
Hi,

I would appreciate if someone could tell me how to make badam and cashew paste. I'm not sure of how much liquid to add. I was also wondering if these pastes can be stored in the fridge or freezer and if so for how long? I would really appreciate someones help. Thank you

Vidya Pai
31st January 2005, 09:38 AM
To make cashew paste , take a 1-2 tbs of cashewnuts (broken into pieces). Soak them in warm milk for 15-20 mins. The milk should just cover the pieces. Grind to a smooth paste in the smaller jar of ur mixer.
For badam paste u need to soak the almonds in water for 6-8 hrs, peel the skin and them grind with a small quantity of warm milk.

Alternately u can dry grind a handful of cashewnuts in the mixture. But take care to run the mixer for a few sec at a time or else the cashewnut will be ground to a paste and not powder . Once you have a fine pow u can store this in an airtight plastic container in the freezer for a couple of months. To make paste just mix the pow in a little warm milk.

shanta
31st January 2005, 08:08 PM
Can you please share a few recipes that use these pastes?

lavsensuba
4th February 2005, 01:31 AM
Here are COme recipes that I make using cashew or badam pastes:

Badam milk or cashew milk

Milk - 1 glass
Badam or cashew paste - 1 tbsp
Sugar as per taste
Safron couple of strands

Boil milk with the paste. Add the sugar and saforn and allow to chill. Serve cold.

Coconut chutney with badam paste. Mix 1-2 tbsp of badam paste to regular coconut chutney and the taste is just enhanced.

You can also use badam and cashew paste to thick any gravy and give it body.