PDA

View Full Version : Films That You'd Like To See A Sequal And Remake To

groucho070
27th March 2009, 01:49 PM
This has been done before, but let's do it again.

What do you think? Its inevitable, this will become a trend no thanks to bankruptcy of ideas in TFI. So, share here which film you like a sequel to be made, or remade and why?

Sequel

Vikram.
It was only one shot. Only time we actually saw a secret agent, instead of cops (which our 007, Jai Shanker, played). Pay Kamal big bucks to play Vikram again and rope in Sathyaraj (never mind he died in the original...or did he really?).

Talabathi.
Same Manirathnam, same Rajini, but new conflict. Make this bigger, more explosive, and when was the last time we saw a fiery Rajini? It's about time.

Kadamai Kanniyam Kattupadu.
I heard there were sequels to the original Malayalam flick. End of story.

Maman magal.
Same Satharaj, same gounder, same manivannan, new issues.

Anbe Sivam
Somehow I felt the original film did not finish. There was no closure. What's next for Sivam?

Remake

Iruvar.
No beating around the bush this time. Use real name & real incident. Maintain the friendship premise.

That's all I can think of right now. What about you guys?

Raikkonen
27th March 2009, 01:53 PM
i want Asuran Part 2... (predator II, crossover series ellam vanthirichipa)

jaaze
27th March 2009, 01:54 PM
The bad thing in sequel is that it spoils the original movie's flow and becomes a mediocre result. Take for example Matrix.

None of the sequels could match the original.

Take Anbe Sivam for example. They might mess up the story by trying to reason why somethings were done and what's next for Sivam / Madhavan/ Somethings are better left unsaid/

I voted yes though :) (Sequels are very rare in TFI and would like to see one from a noted director to see how he handles it)

P_R
27th March 2009, 01:55 PM
Vikram for sure... in fact I heard Kamal and Sujatha was indeed planning it as a series but dropped it when this one bombed

AnbE Sivam was closed.... the what next enge sellum indha paadhai with the karpanai walking stick and all is what makes the ending poignant.

One thing I'd like to see is a Pink Panther-ish movie with Balram Naidu in the lead . Call me juvenile but I find "Fletcher jeep-u spotted-A ?" incredibly funny..

groucho070
27th March 2009, 01:57 PM
Yes, Balram is classic Kamal creation. He deserves a series of his own (like Kameswaran, I guess).

Adada, Spinoff-nu seerthukka maranthutten.

groucho070
27th March 2009, 02:00 PM
The bad thing in sequel is that it spoils the original movie's flow and becomes a mediocre result. Take for example Matrix.

None of the sequels could match the original.

True so many examples. In fact most sequels are either inferior or pure crap. But there are good ones too, Godfather, Alien, Terminator few examples.

NOV
27th March 2009, 02:05 PM
Vikram? I wish the film never happened. I will never forget the embarrassment I had to go through when I took my non-Indian friends for the film during elections night. :oops:

Thalabathy - Based on Mahabharatha, there may be 100s of sequels. Not a bad idea esp since Mammooty character is already dead. :lol2:

Kadamai Kanniyam Kattupadu 8-)

Maman magal :frightened: Satyaraj and Goundamani are spent forces (were they ever one?) Definitely not interested.

Anbe Sivam :redjump: :bluejump: I'd love more of this. Same team (minus the gundu pls) Would love to hear more of Sivam's philosophies.

Iruvar :yes: choose better actors for the roles!

BTW, Japanil Kalyanaraman must be the reason why sequels died a natural death before it could even take of. :yessir:

Vivasaayi
27th March 2009, 02:07 PM
Iruvar :yes: choose better actors for the roles!

:shock:

noone other than lal could have possible done that good....it suited him like a glove.

other actors prakash raj,nasser,gouthami everyone did quite good.

Raikkonen
27th March 2009, 02:08 PM
Aanazhagan II

Hopefully next big break for Prasanth..

jaaze
27th March 2009, 02:11 PM
Aanazhagan II

Hopefully next big break for Prasanth..
I saw Raikkonen's name in the last post column and knew it was going to be Prashanth :lol:

P_R
27th March 2009, 02:11 PM
Aanazhagan II

Hopefully next big break for Prasanth.. :lol:

Unfortunately not the funniest post in the page. That one is:

Iruvar :yes: choose better actors for the roles! :lol2:

groucho070
27th March 2009, 02:13 PM
Nov,

Vikram could be updated for our time. It'd be believable. A lot more technology, and lot less wire-work for Kamal. Make it more cerebral, and the villain really nasty (in case of Sathyaraj, cool and nasty).

As for Iruvar...yeah, I thought Lal and Prakash Raj was good. But as Joe mentioned, story was "nuni-pull meeythal". A lot more could have been explored.

But ippo intha kathai-kku yaar nadippaangga? In my book below 40 years old moonu peeruthaan good actors-a theriyuthu. Athula oruthan too young.

P_R
27th March 2009, 02:16 PM
A lot more could have been explored.
Tamilnadu amaidhippoongAvA irukkuradhu ungaLukku pudikkkalai...

Vivasaayi
27th March 2009, 02:16 PM
As for Iruvar...yeah, I thought Lal and Prakash Raj was good. But as Joe mentioned, story was "nuni-pull meeythal". A lot more could have been explored.

padam release aayirukadhu..paravaalaya?

yenga..maniratnatha nirandharama bombayku anuparadha mudivu paniteengala?

P_R
27th March 2009, 02:17 PM
USV should be remade
The original was actually pretty bad IMO
A cross country on-the-trail thriller will be eminently watchable

NOV
27th March 2009, 02:18 PM
other actors were ok in Iruvar. I found Mohanlal dreary. what is this with the fandom? :roll:

Iruvar could do with a new face for MGR role. And most definitely it needs subtle humour. Mani needs not take himself too seriously.

in any case, I still think Iruvar is a very good film.

groucho070
27th March 2009, 02:19 PM
I thought Kamal sort of did that with Dasa. The result being just as...

Vivasaayi
27th March 2009, 02:20 PM
other actors were ok in Iruvar. I found Mohanlal dreary. what is this with the fandom? :roll:

I became his fan after watching iruvar - not an exaggeration at all..

After that i watched lots mallu movies just for him even without understanding language

P_R
27th March 2009, 02:21 PM
That scene where he pleads with the film producer to not stop the films. oru arisi padham

NOV
27th March 2009, 02:24 PM
USV should be remade:rotfl:
this one has already been remade. :poke:

littlemaster1982
That scene where he pleads with the film producer to not stop the films. oru arisi padham

The first scene came to my mind, on seeing NOV's post.

Vivasaayi

pleads to the *director - the best of the lot ofcourse

the scene where he refuses to act as policeman and uses a mush to hide his face

"yarum saapadu illama kashtapadakoodadhu..ellarum nalla irukanum" scene

"naan verum nadigan thane" scene

hello mr.edhirkatchi

"arrest panna"

romance with his first wife

"ungalukku ellam paayasam kudukka poren"

this is one fantabulous performance

groucho070
27th March 2009, 02:25 PM
Speaking of MGR. I like the plot of Ninaipathai Mudippavan. Bad MGR asks Good MGR to take his place, while he is gone. It was a mediocre movie, but a lot could have done with the plot of good guy occupying a big don's seat....

Huh? What Billa?

NOV
27th March 2009, 02:27 PM
So far remakes have been

Naan Avan Illai
Billa

Both unworthy films, IMO.
What else?

Vivasaayi
27th March 2009, 02:29 PM
So far remakes have been

Naan Avan Illai
Billa

Both unworthy films, IMO.
What else?

new billa was worthier than old billa imho

NOV
27th March 2009, 02:30 PM
Enga Veetu Pillai has been remade countless times.

In fact, come to think of it, majority of Tamil films are remakes.
As if that is not enough, Vijay remakes his own films. Not to forget Danush - same story in every film.

viraajan
27th March 2009, 02:31 PM
Dasavatharam padathoda sequel'a Sadhavatharam (100 avtars)'nu pannina nalla irukkum :bow: :oops: :yessir:

groucho070
27th March 2009, 02:33 PM
Dasavatharam padathoda sequel'a Sadhavatharam (100 avtars)'nu pannina nalla irukkum :bow: :oops: :yessir:

Phew! Lucky you explained its 100 avtars, or I'd think, "why would Kamal..."

viraajan
27th March 2009, 02:34 PM

Phew! Lucky you explained its 100 avtars, or I'd think, "why would Kamal..."

:lol: I knew... :D

jaaze
27th March 2009, 02:35 PM

Phew! Lucky you explained its 100 avtars, or I'd think, "why would Kamal..." or it could also mean sada avatharam (always changing avatars - it would apply to Kamal (and SP akka too :P ) :yessir:

dell_gt
27th March 2009, 02:36 PM
Vetayadu Vilayadu II... great if Raghavan on hunt again...with the black ryban :bluejump:

groucho070
27th March 2009, 02:38 PM
Vetayadu Vilayadu II... great if Raghavan on hunt again...with the black ryban :bluejump: I second this.

NOV's not gonna like this one too :roll:

Raikkonen
27th March 2009, 02:43 PM
thillu mullu II - shaart name santhosh suppi saaar.

NOV
27th March 2009, 02:43 PM
Vetayadu Vilayadu II... great if Raghavan on hunt again...with the black ryban :bluejump: I second this.

NOV's not gonna like this one too :roll:You mean Kaakka Kaakka Part 3? :yessir:

jaaze
27th March 2009, 02:47 PM
I didn't like Vettaiyaadu Vilayaadu itself. :oops: I liked Dasavatharam though

jaaze
27th March 2009, 02:47 PM

NOV's not gonna like this one too :roll:You mean Kaakka Kaakka Part 3? :yessir: I had the same thought, NOV

groucho070
27th March 2009, 02:51 PM
What's the plot for Kakka Kakka?
Cop goes after bad guys.

What's the plot for Vettaiyaadu Vilayadu?
Cop goes after bad guys.

OMG!!! I never realised the similarity, gee whiz, man, how could this happen, how could I have been so blind? Holly celluloid god! forgive me! :oops:

viraajan
27th March 2009, 02:51 PM
Baba II

B 2the A 2the B 2the A 2 :P

jaaze
27th March 2009, 02:53 PM
What's the plot for Kakka Kakka?
Cop goes after bad guys.

What's the plot for Vettaiyaadu Vilayadu?
Cop goes after bad guys.

OMG!!! I never realised the similarity, gee whiz, man, how could this happen, how could I have been so blind? Holly celluloid god! forgive me! :oops: Is this a sarcastic post? (adhai ellam kekka koodathu-nnu reply pannatheenga :P )

jaaze
27th March 2009, 02:54 PM
Pettaraasu 2 - Atleast this time nalla market pannunga, atleast VCD yavathu vaangi parkkalaam :exactly:

Raikkonen
27th March 2009, 02:56 PM
maybe they should do crossover series like freddy vs jason, avp etc

some examples

velu nayakkar vs mark anthony
narashimma vs alex pandian

NOV
27th March 2009, 02:57 PM
OMG!!! I never realised the similarity, gee whiz, man, how could this happen, how could I have been so blind? Holly celluloid god! forgive me! :oops:when you can connect USV with Dasa, I am shocked you can't do the same between KK and VV. :roll:

groucho070
27th March 2009, 02:57 PM
Is this a sarcastic post? (adhai ellam kekka koodathu-nnu reply pannatheenga :P )

adhai ellam kekka koodathu :P

Pettaraasu 2 - Atleast this time nalla market pannunga, atleast VCD yavathu vaangi parkkalaam

Yenbaa....nallathaaney odikkirukku thread-u.

By the by...everyone please oru Vote-u pootuttu veetukku ponnga. If you are in the house, oru Vote-u pottutu Apis-ukku ponngga. If you are neither both place, what the heck, just Vote dammit!

Vivasaayi
27th March 2009, 02:59 PM
OMG!!! I never realised the similarity, gee whiz, man, how could this happen, how could I have been so blind? Holly celluloid god! forgive me! :oops:when you can connect USV with Dasa, I am shocked you can't do the same between KK and VV. :roll:

style and scriptku vithayasam illaya NOV?

apdi paatha ella balachander padamum ore kadha than..yenna ella padathulayum heroine kanna uruttuva,close up shots,symbolic mannerismslam irukkum...apdeenbeengala?

NOV
27th March 2009, 03:01 PM
Vivasaayi, nice try.....I am NEVER going into an argument with you.
You WIN everytime. :P :wave:

groucho070
27th March 2009, 03:03 PM

KK & VV falls under same sub-genre. Cop and robbers. Seeing that it made by GM, whom I don't rate that high, featuring Suriya (whom I don't rate that high) as young "encounter" cop, and Kamal (whom I certainly rate high) as seasoned widowed cop does make a difference.

Connecting US with Dasa. Wow, you used the right word, "connect". It's different that saying Dasa is a remake of VV. I think i said, sort of a remake, because of the concept seems similar, running after a McGuffin around the globe and encountering characters. It feels like a remake, because of the grandeur, the money spent, the ambition behind it and the end result.

Athu veera, ithu vera. :D

Vivasaayi
27th March 2009, 03:04 PM
Vivasaayi, nice try.....I am NEVER going into an argument with you.
You WIN everytime. :P :wave:

idha sollamaye irundhirukalam!

jaaze
27th March 2009, 03:06 PM
Connecting US with Dasa
what movie you mean by US?

littlemaster1982
27th March 2009, 03:08 PM
Ulagam Suttrum Vaaliban.

crajkumar_be
27th March 2009, 03:10 PM
Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban

I haven't seen USV but after seeing some 30 minutes of the film in Aascar Ravi's office (before the release), our fans said it was reminiscent of USV

jaaze
27th March 2009, 03:10 PM
Ulagam Suttrum Vaaliban.
Yeah I can kinda relate to it now. Quite similar I should say.
Like those Jackie Chan movies where he travels around the world for his mission (there it was some powerful thing, here it is vial )

groucho070
27th March 2009, 03:15 PM
Trouble with Tamizh films is, most of them are neatly tied up in the end, some literally involving Thali. So, its dificult to pick up from there. Unless the heroine has died or conveniently dead (like in Japanil Kalyanaraman, not having Sri Devi was the first crime the film committed).

I have a feeling with the current success, and the open ended climax, Yavarum Nalam might have a sequel.

jaaze
27th March 2009, 03:18 PM
Trouble with Tamizh films is, most of them are neatly tied up in the end, some literally involving Thali.
:lol: True. There was a period of time where Tamil films climax always had to have the Thali scene and the film ends with Subam when the heroine is married :lol:

I have a feeling with the current success, and the open ended climax, Yavarum Nalam might have a sequel.
:goodidea:

Any idea on the phone call received by Maddy? What was the director trying to convey through that scene, other than a closing shocker scene?

groucho070
27th March 2009, 03:22 PM
:goodidea:

Any idea on the phone call received by Maddy? What was the director trying to convey through that scene, other than a closing shocker scene?

That ghost can appear through any form of electronic media? To me that is laughable, but if suddenly responsibility to direct a sequel is shoved onto me, probably at gunpoint, then I might have to followup on that.

The ghastly ghost got grudge against Madhavan (say this ten times), so there might be other ways of entering poor Madhavan's life and wrecking it. This time I'd put few deaths in the family :twisted:

jaaze
27th March 2009, 03:24 PM
This time I'd put few deaths in the family :twisted:
Enna oru nalla ennam :twisted:

mexicomeat
27th March 2009, 03:33 PM
kadanayagan ( i believe the original mallu version had 2 sequels)

Plum
27th March 2009, 03:48 PM
USV should be remade
The original was actually pretty bad IMO
A cross country on-the-trail thriller will be eminently watchable
Adhaan Thalaivar Dasavatharam eduthuttare!
(Onnum illai, NOV-ku most funny post award kuduthapla - nammalum potti podalmnu dhaen)

P_R
27th March 2009, 05:02 PM
Trouble with Tamizh films is, most of them are neatly tied up in the end, some literally involving Thali. :lol:

Just count the number of Tamil films ending with a wedding and coinciding with the death of the villanous father of the girl : his parting shot of villany is the joining of the hands.

Imagine how ghastly he anniversary memories would be !

Anban
27th March 2009, 05:42 PM
Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban

I haven't seen USV but after seeing some 30 minutes of the film in Aascar Ravi's office (before the release), our fans said it was reminiscent of USV story is somewhat simlar..
- weapon for mass destruction..
- travel across continents..

. i think the similarity ends there itself.. since some of our fans are admirers of MGR and such stories are very rare in tamil cinema they wud have felt the similarity between dasa and usv..

NOV
27th March 2009, 05:43 PM
groucho, there is more to KK/VV resemblance than just a cop story.
and I am one of those with the blasphemous opinion that surya was much better in KK than kamal in VV.

anyway, the point of this thread is not to make comparisons I hope, so lets continue with which movies can be made into sequels.

Roja-Bombay-Uyir was a trilogy albeit with different actors.

I enjoyed vasoolraja to the max and wont complain if there is a sequel. :D

How about serious films like Subramaniyapuram, Poo, Katradhu Thamizh, etc? Even Naan Kadavul :thumbsup:

NOV
27th March 2009, 05:55 PM
[tscii:36deed2e09]
Sleek Vetaiyadu is Kakka Kakka-II

The recently released Vetaiyadu Velaiyadu trailer has been creating waves in the industy. The sleek camera work has captured everyone’s attention. Kamal plays a cop Raghavan who goes to the US in search of a terrorist. Jyothika as Aradhana performs the lady love of Kamal. Kamilni Mukherji, the alluring girl from Kolkata makes her foray into Tamil cinema through this movie.

Ravi varman, the famous cinematographer of Anniyan is the man to be credited for the good camera work. The whole movie has been shot in 35 mm film, which is a rare phenomenon. The director Gautham Menon is full of appreciation for Ravi Varman who in spite of the short comings in technology has come up with excellent results. Gautham Menon also added that the movie can be slated as Kakka Kakka II.[/tscii:36deed2e09]

Anban
27th March 2009, 06:17 PM
groucho, there is more to KK/VV resemblance than just a cop story.
and I am one of those with the blasphemous opinion that surya was much better in KK than kamal in VV.
anyway, the point of this thread is not to make comparisons I hope, so lets continue with which movies can be made into sequels.

Roja-Bombay-Uyir was a trilogy albeit with different actors.

How about serious films like Subramaniyapuram, Poo, Katradhu Thamizh, etc? Even Naan Kadavul :thumbsup: though VV is similar to KK, there is big difference in the characterisation of Raghavan and Anbuselvan..

comparison has no logic

Anban
27th March 2009, 06:18 PM
[tscii:2b2d836267]
Sleek Vetaiyadu is Kakka Kakka-II

The recently released Vetaiyadu Velaiyadu trailer has been creating waves in the industy. The sleek camera work has captured everyone’s attention. Kamal plays a cop Raghavan who goes to the US in search of a terrorist. Jyothika as Aradhana performs the lady love of Kamal. Kamilni Mukherji, the alluring girl from Kolkata makes her foray into Tamil cinema through this movie.

Ravi varman, the famous cinematographer of Anniyan is the man to be credited for the good camera work. The whole movie has been shot in 35 mm film, which is a rare phenomenon. The director Gautham Menon is full of appreciation for Ravi Varman who in spite of the short comings in technology has come up with excellent results. Gautham Menon also added that the movie can be slated as Kakka Kakka II.[/tscii:2b2d836267]ofcourse, its another episode in a police officer's life.

Plum
27th March 2009, 06:38 PM
NOV, enakkennamo Uyirae-vai Roja-Bombay-voda serka mudiyumnu thonalai. Thambigal PR, Compli matrum Eq can expand this more eloquently.

Plum
27th March 2009, 06:40 PM

I didnt like Vasoolraja but more I think of it , I feel that Kamal should star in a Lage Raho remake (i.e) Vasool raja sequel. I want him to have Bharathiyar or even better, Periyar instead of Gandhi and blast the current misuse of pagutharivu for political ends to the core.

MADDY
28th March 2009, 10:24 AM
i wud love to see a remake of "DevD" with simbu in lead, directed by balaji shakthivel and music by Dharan....

//ennadhan nadakkudhunnu paapome in terms of "poraattams by thamizh kaavalars"//

Thalafanz
28th March 2009, 10:44 AM
First that strike my mind - Kannathil MuthamittAl :cool:
The same cast and crew should be retained.
Love to see if Amutha, the stubborn girl unites with her biological mother. :)
MR, ARR, Maddy, Simran, Nandita Dhas and Keerthana :bow:

VENKIRAJA
28th March 2009, 10:48 AM
i wud love to see a remake of "DevD" with simbu in lead, directed by balaji shakthivel and music by Dharan....

//ennadhan nadakkudhunnu paapome in terms of "poraattams by thamizh kaavalars"//

Lead must be Arya or Karthi, I would say Selvaraghavan and Yuvan. Okay, Dharan is also a good idea! :P

MADDY
28th March 2009, 10:56 AM
Lead must be Arya or Karthi, I would say Selvaraghavan and Yuvan. Okay, Dharan is also a good idea! :P

simbhu has the "pardesi" look u know.......i meant "pardesi" in hindi, not in tamil :lol: as far as music, movie requires a "never heard before" sounds, i think dharan is the man :) ....but yea, its just my wishlist

jaaze
28th March 2009, 11:28 AM

simbhu has the "pardesi" look u know.......i meant "pardesi" in hindi, not in tamil :lol: as far as music, movie requires a "never heard before" sounds, i think dharan is the man :) ....but yea, its just my wishlist :lol:

VENKIRAJA
28th March 2009, 11:32 AM

simbhu has the "pardesi" look u know.......i meant "pardesi" in hindi, not in tamil :lol: as far as music, movie requires a "never heard before" sounds, i think dharan is the man :) ....but yea, its just my wishlist

nAma enna padamA edukapOROm? :P
Karthi is a Pardesi you know! Hehe.. Simbu- Just OK.

groucho070
30th March 2009, 09:58 AM
Gautham Menon also added that the movie can be slated as Kakka Kakka II.[/tscii][/quote]

Okay, a sequel, but not a remake. The man himself said it I got nothing to add.

And I agree with you (finally) on Vasool Raja. I really enjoyed it, only I wish they had expand a bit on Prabhu's role.

crajkumar_be
30th March 2009, 10:14 AM

Is Dharan the MD of Sivi? I remember listening to the album once.. overrated nu thonichu.. And in any case, isnt he all "pop"? Or am i confusing the sound with Niru?
Tamil la MD either ARR or Yuvan... (What a wishlist! cant see such maturity/acceptance here in this century)

MADDY
30th March 2009, 10:52 AM
Is Dharan the MD of Sivi? I remember listening to the album once.. overrated nu thonichu.. And in any case, isnt he all "pop"? Or am i confusing the sound with Niru?
Tamil la MD either ARR or Yuvan... (What a wishlist! cant see such maturity/acceptance here in this century)

yes, dharan is "sivi" guy......he is pop predominantly but guess he has something differnt to offer........u1 mattum ennavam, hip-hopla erangiduvaaru........rahman would be ideal but amit trivedi madhiri "fresh"a yaaravadhu varuvaanga-nnu oru nappaasai :P

maturity :lol: chanda avanga appana thittra scene full-a beep vachha dhaan undoooo :lol:

crajkumar_be
30th March 2009, 02:47 PM

yes, dharan is "sivi" guy......he is pop predominantly but guess he has something differnt to offer........u1 mattum ennavam, hip-hopla erangiduvaaru........rahman would be ideal but amit trivedi madhiri "fresh"a yaaravadhu varuvaanga-nnu oru nappaasai :P

maturity :lol: chanda avanga appana thittra scene full-a beep vachha dhaan undoooo :lol:
Maddy,
I want to see Rahman go the distance when it comes to 'rock'.
[Sunfeast Music Awards la 'paapa' Surudhi band-oda paaditrundhappa, Rahman-a paathappa couldnt help imagining him going back to his band days for a moment. Andha Rahman a TFM pakkanum]

Yuvan next saaice by default i say! :twisted:

bingleguy
30th March 2009, 02:49 PM
Kurudhi Punal .....

crajkumar_be
30th March 2009, 02:52 PM
Kurudhi Punal .....
You mean sequel? enna adhuve remake dhaane...

bingleguy
30th March 2009, 02:57 PM
Kurudhi Punal .....
You mean sequel? enna adhuve remake dhaane...

ys .... i vote for the way it was screened and the importance given to character reality ...

btw :roll: i never knew it was a remake :roll: which was the base film ?

crajkumar_be
30th March 2009, 03:01 PM
Droh kaal (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0178392/usercomments)

groucho070
30th March 2009, 03:05 PM
Take Kuruthi Punal, mix it with Heat....hmmmm....nice sequel I tell ya.

bingleguy
30th March 2009, 03:05 PM
thanks for the update Raj ... i wasnt knowing this before ... how silly i ve been :)

but still the movie was given a good screening on Telugu/Tamil by PCSriram, i reckon .... i gotta see this movie n Hindi first ....

MADDY
30th March 2009, 03:10 PM
nice sequel I tell ya.

chennai ponnunga madhiriye pesureenga :rotfl:

Plum
30th March 2009, 03:11 PM
'paapa' Surudhi "
I am not good with smiley-icons but this tickled me silly - the imagery of CR it evoked for me was of a kazhaga kanmani appreciating vatta thalaivar's impish young daughter - the injustice of such a pigeon-holing of phrases notwithstanding, I had to post this(assuming that CR will understand, oru dhairyathula sollittaen)

Plum
30th March 2009, 03:15 PM
Kurudhipunal sequel is plausible - the cyclical nature of oppression-revolutionary-atrocity-revenge-oppression-revenge was caught by Kamal before signing off the movie. In my first viewing, I had dismissed the whole bravery award for Adhi(a deviation from Drohkaal, I think) as a gimmick to elevate Kamal's character. However, the significance of the following scene where that Naxal leader's son injures Adhi's son and "engappa peru Adhi, ungappa" climax tubelight maadhiri 10-12 varushathukkappuram dhaan enakku strike aachu(Idhai tubelight-nu sollamattanga-nu sila peru post panni adhai vida mosamana udharanam kodukka poradhu urudhi)

MADDY
30th March 2009, 03:17 PM
Maddy,
I want to see Rahman go the distance when it comes to 'rock'.
[Sunfeast Music Awards la 'paapa' Surudhi band-oda paaditrundhappa, Rahman-a paathappa couldnt help imagining him going back to his band days for a moment. Andha Rahman a TFM pakkanum]

Yuvan next saaice by default i say! :twisted:

hehe yea......but thalaivar "full distance" rock pannuvaar-nnu enakku thonala.......maybe delhi-6 title track madhiri pannuvaaru --max.......

bingleguy
30th March 2009, 03:19 PM
Kurudhipunal sequel is plausible - the cyclical nature of oppression-revolutionary-atrocity-revenge-oppression-revenge was caught by Kamal before signing off the movie. In my first viewing, I had dismissed the whole bravery award for Adhi(a deviation from Drohkaal, I think) as a gimmick to elevate Kamal's character. However, the significance of the following scene where that Naxal leader's son injures Adhi's son and "engappa peru Adhi, ungappa" climax tubelight maadhiri 10-12 varushathukkappuram dhaan enakku strike aachu(Idhai tubelight-nu sollamattanga-nu sila peru post panni adhai vida mosamana udharanam kodukka poradhu urudhi)

hi Plum :-)

am trying to get wat u are trying to say .... could u be a little more specific ?

Infact the movie was not abrubtly given an end ... its still gives a possibility of continuation ... coz,may be, there is no end to the above mentioned - just like in the English movies where ever after killing the villian dino :-) an egg suddenly cracks open somewhere :-) somehow :-) giving a possibility to continue :-)

crajkumar_be
30th March 2009, 03:22 PM
'paapa' Surudhi "
I am not good with smiley-icons but this tickled me silly - the imagery of CR it evoked for me was of a kazhaga kanmani appreciating vatta thalaivar's impish young daughter - the injustice of such a pigeon-holing of phrases notwithstanding, I had to post this(assuming that CR will understand, oru dhairyathula sollittaen)
Amam amaam. "This piece, this is what i want" :lol:

groucho070
30th March 2009, 03:24 PM
Hang on...hang on...I take back Kurudhi Punal sequel suggestion. It just struck me like a freakin' hammer that Kamal dies in that one. Holy Rocky Balboa! How can I forget that.

No, Kurudhi Punal sequel is a bad idea, man. Bad idea.

Plum
30th March 2009, 03:31 PM
groucho, enna apdi sollitael. Climax-la already oru knot pottu vechuttar thalaivar.
Bingle, what I was saying was that Kamal shows the naxalite leader's son already has revenge and hate for the 'establishment' planted in his mind - not hard to see where it comes from - Adhi actually uses the naivete of the mother of this kid, the naxal's wife, to trap and kill him. This is a case of means justifying the end(His implant dominating the naxal organisation given that he had decided to kill nasser anyway and this person was the next-in-line) for Adhi. For that little kid, however, this was a grossly unjust act upon his father and especially considering how his mother was used as a trap by Adhi - you hardly expect him to understand the big picture and "in the larger interest of the nation".

I reckon Kurudhipunal is not all about Adhi receiving the award for bravery - and the sacrifice of such officers. There is material to dwelve there on the cyclical nature of violence as I mentioned. Hang on, did you say thalaivar has already done that in the Thevar Magan climax? You are right ofcourse.

As for Kamal having died, Sreenivas is still alive, isnt he? What stops him from growing into another Kamal ?:-)

bingleguy
30th March 2009, 03:31 PM
Hang on...hang on...I take back Kurudhi Punal sequel suggestion. It just struck me like a freakin' hammer that Kamal dies in that one. Holy Rocky Balboa! How can I forget that.

No, Kurudhi Punal sequel is a bad idea, man. Bad idea.

:huh: Kamal dhAn pannanum nnu illayE .... concept kku sequel option kodukka koodaadhaa enna

jaiganes
30th March 2009, 10:49 PM
Actually I would open a thread 'What movies I dont want the bummers of thamizh film world today dare not touch and spoil' like the way that moron suressh krissssna did with 'Thillana mohanambal' or some dude is trying to do with 'Enga veetup pillai'
The list includes (No., name of the movie, Effect of the movie if touched)
1. Thambikku endha ooru - idhai thottaa rajini fangra muraila kaththi kuthu dhaan
2. Nayagan - idhai someone touch - as a Mani and Kamal fan - Suthiyaala director thalaila ore podu dhaan
3. moondram pirai - idhai touch panna Kumbi baagam dhaan
4. Udhiri pookkal - idhai paththi nenachchu paathale aruvaalala ore poadu
5. Aval appadiththaan - yacid oothiruven touch panna
6. Aval oru thodargadhai - mishin gunnaala suttupudiven rascals
7. Mounaragam/Nenjaththai Killadhe - already perfected - one more try - baduva pichipuduven picchi
8 . Maya bazaar, Missiamma - dont touch there.
9. Padhinaaru vayadhinile - maada vittu mutta veppen
10. Michael madana kamarajan - evanaalayum mudiyaadhu try panninaa padam paadhilaye ninnurum for lack of actors who can do a Kamal or a urvashi anyways.

app_engine
30th March 2009, 11:08 PM
idhai touch panna Kumbi baagam dhaan

There could easily be a sequel to 'anniyan' (unfortunately, we don't have Sujatha anymore)...

complicateur
30th March 2009, 11:12 PM
I'm going to come out and say it. I want a sequel to Mouna rAgam. A juvenile fantasy I've encouraged for a while actually. [GVM vanthu VTV athu thAn- nu sollap pOrAru/ Selva vanthu IMM athu thAn-nu sollap pOrAru-nu nEnku seththa bayamAvE irukku]. I would prefer if it was a little dystopian.

Vivasaayi
31st March 2009, 07:29 AM
I'm going to come out and say it. I want a sequel to Mouna rAgam. A juvenile fantasy I've encouraged for a while actually. [GVM vanthu VTV athu thAn- nu sollap pOrAru/ Selva vanthu IMM athu thAn-nu sollap pOrAru-nu nEnku seththa bayamAvE irukku]. I would prefer if it was a little dystopian.

whod do a Karthik???

groucho070
31st March 2009, 08:08 AM

whod do a Karthik???

Any decent good actor can do it. It's an actor-proof role, well scripted. This if you are talking about remake.

But compli wants a sequel. Means, Karthik is out. Mohan is in. He's still around, so is Revathi. But what issues to explore this time? That would be the question.

Vivasaayi
31st March 2009, 08:10 AM
But compli wants a sequel. Means, Karthik is out. Mohan is in. He's still around, so is Revathi. But what issues to explore this time? That would be the question.

oo..sequel..okok

complicateur
31st March 2009, 09:50 AM
Groucho is quite right, I said sequel so no Karthik. The main reason is Chandrakumar (Mohan) comes of as such a saint in MR that I think a sequel can gray him out a little. The VKR character also can be expanded on. I have the feeling MaNi might have heard of/had a prying boss at some point. The archetype makes an appearance in ROjA as well.

groucho070
31st March 2009, 12:01 PM
Groucho is quite right, I said sequel so no Karthik. The main reason is Chandrakumar (Mohan) comes of as such a saint in MR that I think a sequel can gray him out a little. The VKR character also can be expanded on. I have the feeling MaNi might have heard of/had a prying boss at some point. The archetype makes an appearance in ROjA as well.

Though we see lots of Mohan, the story was told entirely from Revathi's perspective. Now, what if Mohan too had a past, and it comes back, now that they have a family and all. Intha plot-device romba padathula use pannittaangga, but seeing that this is a continuation of THE classic, it can get different treatment.

Scale
2nd April 2009, 01:57 AM
I have always wondered why this classic tale (www.scalerevolves.blogspot.com) was never made into big screen or am I totally ignorant. I have attempted for a contemporary remake [Ist Copy] version and the pics and dialogues used are just samplings for original characters.

:cheer: :happydance: :yessir:

jaaze
14th April 2009, 06:19 PM
[tscii:7523918d4c]
13 C, 13 D after 13 B?
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, April 14, 2009]

Madhavan doesn’t deny that he has thought of his director Vikram K Kumar directing a sequel to his successful ‘Yaavarum Nalam’. Just a month after the movie has hit the screens, the director and Madhavan are out on a vacation to the Middle East. What is striking is that Madhavan has sponsored this entire trip for the director as he really likes Vikram and his style of working.

But a sequel is no compulsion, Madhavan says. “We don’t want to do a sequel just for the sake of it. There must be a possible story with it,” he says, adding that their trip will lead to a discussion about it some way or the other. If a sequel seems viable, we might go ahead with it. Else, it will just be a boy’s time out, with outdoor camping and adventure sports,” says the actor.

Interestingly, Madhavan’s 'Naan Aval Adhu' with Shamitha Shetty and Sada, said to be a take off from Ram Gopal Varma’s 'Darling', is now finding good market and will hit the screens very soon.[/tscii:7523918d4c]

bingleguy
14th April 2009, 08:41 PM
well .... oru proper continuation illAmal eduthAl ..... 13 lendhu 12, 11 nnu minus la poga vendiyadhu dhAn !

vikatan
15th April 2009, 12:37 PM
Hi to all.... This is a great forum...

My 2 paisa worth... on this...

I suspect that Nayagan was taken with a sequel in mind.... the last scene where the grandson Velu sits near the dead Velu Naicker conveys this idea. And the plot being so godfatherish in nature.... adds more weight to my suspicion.. I would really love to see Kamal do a modern bombay don . Same applies for Indian. It has an open ending with an unapprehended senior Kamal making a phone call in the last scene? ( like Anthony Hopkins in Hannibal ). Indian -2 will also be great. Sindhu Bairavi is also a good contender...

groucho070
15th April 2009, 12:43 PM
Sindhu Bairavi already had a sequel, in form of TV series. Sahana something. Did anyone see it?

NOV
15th April 2009, 01:23 PM
Sindhu Bairavi already had a sequel, in form of TV series. Sahana something. Did anyone see it?see it'aa? we've already discussed it. see previous pages. :lol2:

groucho070
15th April 2009, 01:31 PM
Sindhu Bairavi already had a sequel, in form of TV series. Sahana something. Did anyone see it?see it'aa? we've already discussed it. see previous pages. :lol2:

I don't think this thread, NOV. Maybe unfunny comedian, coz YGM appeared in the sequel.

Shakthiprabha.
15th April 2009, 01:37 PM
If a sequel is made featuring different artists, the very feel is completely lost. Esp if its made as a long boring tele-serial the crisp presentation is forgone and few like me are left with distaste (yeah I dont love watching serials is another fact)