PDA

View Full Version : How's the output of MDs for "insignificant" movies

app_engine
28th March 2009, 12:32 AM
One fellow hubber suggested that MDs accepting a lot of movies - especially the low budget ones - leads to outputs that suffer in quality.

To prove this fact, he randomly picked the following IR examples :

சாய்ந்தாடம்மா சாய்ந்தாடு
ஒரே ஒரு கிராமத்திலே
இரவுப்பூக்கள்
புதிர்

Let's discuss it here whether it's a fact or not that IR could not deliver in quality in these sample movies. Also to find out whether it's a fact that the MD's "mostly" produce insignificant numbers for insignificant movies.

Hulkster
28th March 2009, 08:31 AM
app_engine, this thread would probably create only ruckus and unwanted bashing. As a IR fan we know how IR has delivered mega+hit songs for movies which were not even seen in the horizon like EVK(and he did it for free). Viraajan probably has not gone through all of IR's albums or he is just a pure melody lover if not he would not have said like that. Vidunga. Mods locking time. :exactly:

jaaze
28th March 2009, 09:32 AM
Mods locking time. :exactly:
Finally a soul agrees with me :bow:

viraajan
28th March 2009, 09:46 AM
Hulkster, :D

You are partly correct that I'm a great melody lover but it doesn;t mean that i hate kuthu songs. :yes:
I love them as well. Especially ilayaraja kuthu songs'na i love them very much. "Annathu aadurar", "hey aatha aathoramA' are evergreen kuthu songs. I love them.

But yes, i prefer melodies to kuthu songs.

If you go through the post trail in YSR thread, you'll come to know what my point is. I don't think what i said was wrong. Anyone else here find it wrong? Pls post it. I would really appreciate it.

App engine, don't fret over what i said and spoil your mood. Stay cool! :cool:

Hulkster
28th March 2009, 12:20 PM
His anger was when you said IR has delivered thrash for low-budget films as well(I think you meant even he has delivered some bad songs even for low-budget films but your statement over-generalised it). Wrong decision to make. That is like saying about 60% of raja films are thrash...which IR fan will not get angry over that?

I can safely say its very hard to analyse a IR song immediately and think its thrash, even his worst song would have a complicated piece hidden in it, that is why he is isaiyaraaja. In fact most of the songs IR fans love come from films hithertho unknown and sunk without a trace(yes,they are low budget as well).

It would have been better if you put IMHO.

viraajan
28th March 2009, 12:47 PM
His anger was when you said IR has delivered thrash for low-budget films as well(I think you meant even he has delivered some bad songs even for low-budget films but your statement over-generalised it). Wrong decision to make. That is like saying about 60% of raja films are thrash...which IR fan will not get angry over that?

That's the mistake. I even clarified him later that i did not communicate it properly.

60% of raja films are trash - I really don't know how my statement conveys such a meaning. I said that "IR has done low budget movies and delivered poor songs". I'm wondering how this small statement conveys such a message. Never will i say like this unless i'm a nutt or i'm from anti-IR group! :huh:

I should have suffixed IMHO - Hmmm... Even if I had put it, AE wouldn't have spared me. Avar andha alavukku en mEla kOvathula irukkaru. :lol: (of course, for no reason)

nAn explain panninadhu pathAdhu'nu few more hubbers (who very much know me and my preference) explained the exact meaning of my post. He never bothered about it. He stuck to his point. It's ridiculous!

steveaustin
29th March 2009, 04:09 PM
This is purely my perception.

சாய்ந்தாடம்மா சாய்ந்தாடு
I still remember that 'Oru kAdhal dEvathai' by SPB and P. Susheela was a hit song in late 1970s. IMO, it is a mind blowing number from IR. In fact, it is a rare gem for me. I still hear this song regularly. It is one of my favourite song from SPB-PS combo.
'KaNNan enna sonnAn' by P.Susheela is not a bad one.

ஒரே ஒரு கிராமத்திலே
'Ola Kudisaiyile' by S. Janaki is a good one.
'Rettai kiLigal' by KJ Yesudoss and Chitra is not a bad one.

இரவுப்பூக்கள்
'inimEl nALum' by S.Janaki was a hit in the Mid-1980s.
'Malli malli chendu malli' by MV and S.Janaki too a big hit in Mid-1980s.
'Indha poovukkoru' by IR is another good number. (Beautiful flute usage in interludes)

புதிர்
'Hero Hero' by KJ Yesudoss was a big hit in the Mid-1980s.
'Mudhal mutham' by S.Janaki and KJ Yesudoss is not a bad one.