PDA

View Full Version : Unfunny Comedians

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Plum
27th March 2009, 06:59 PM
Ok, shall we have a thread for who is the most unfunny comedian in TF history?
(yeah, that tells you why I am the expert in commenting on 'negative' emotions :- ) )

My choice would be the great Oy Gee Mahendra.

Vivasaayi
27th March 2009, 07:04 PM
plum :notthatway:

im not talking abt the "titles" people give to themselves...

vivek though caled as "chinna kalaivanar" - he resembles mr radha and thangavelu

Thangavelu ive always found funny and then vkr - come on he is :notworthy: summa aadama asayama comedy pannuvary..

his "aaahhh" with fingers on mouth is enough

Vivasaayi
27th March 2009, 07:04 PM
(yeah, that tells you why I am the expert in commenting on 'negative' emotions :- ) )

absolutely..

kaattu mokka

P_R
27th March 2009, 07:11 PM

YGM wins hands down - to borrow your expression.
The number of laughs he has generated in his painfully long career can be counted on the fingers of one hand...and mine is a clenched fist.

SS Chandran would be next.

Thangavelu would have to settle for the third spot......

OTOH I can remember some 2-3 occasions when NSK managed to be funny.

For example, in Chakravarthi Thirumagan contest song with MGR, the latter asks a question in song. NSK buys time for an answer by bursting into an impromptu aalaapanai :lol:

Plum
27th March 2009, 07:17 PM
prabhu ram, yes, there is something about katcheris, paatus and NSK comedy - the vignaganthai song does raise a few smiles, not laughs, though.
And that one in Deiva Piravi where as the kadhakalatchebam bhagavathar, he finishes a few continuous lines with "...fan" - eppadi iruppfan, enna koduppfan etc - to indicate that the table fan has gone off is a favourite of my father's - and as a child, I did find that funny.

crajkumar_be
27th March 2009, 07:28 PM
SS Chandran would be next.

:notthatway:
SS Chandran rocks, avaru vandhu palla kaatnaale podhum :lol:

P_R
27th March 2009, 07:33 PM
rocks-A :x :x
:hammer: pOdakkodaadhunnu pAkkuRen
Enakku :mrgreen: emoticon paaththaalE SSC nyAbagam dhaan varum. The swallowing noise and toothy smile that punctuate his jokes.... one of the most annoying sights captured on celluloid.

He is going to smile like that in Rajya Sabha once. Speaker Vice-President Ansari agaala maraNamnu news varum

crajkumar_be
27th March 2009, 07:35 PM
Enakku :mrgreen: emoticon paaththaalE SSC nyAbagam dhaan varum. The swallowing noise and toothy smile that punctuate his jokes.... .
exactly this piece :P ella scene-kum idhe reaction a thaan kaattuvaar :)

Venniraadai truly rocks :notworthy: He's a ticking time bomb :lol:

Nerd
27th March 2009, 07:35 PM
VK Ramasamy, while being extremely unfunny
What???!!! :shock: Adhula paarunga onnE pOdhumE! I find SSC funny too.

P_R
27th March 2009, 07:38 PM
vAippE illai..... poll vachchA dhaan sarippadum.... thread owner-ai kooppidungappA

Plum
27th March 2009, 07:55 PM
"What???!!! Adhula paarunga onnE pOdhumE! I find SSC funny too"

Sari vuttudunga - naangallam IR-ARR level-la adichikittirukkom - VKR, SSC level-la-lam adhichikka venaam :-)
PR, nalla idea. The nominees so far
1) YG Mahendra
2) Er.. when the others knew YGM was contesting, they withdrew their nominations :-)

MADDY
27th March 2009, 08:19 PM
i dont think anyone wud disagree that YGM is the unfunniest bloke to hit TF...

but i dont agree (idhula enna aachiryam) on VKR, SSC or Thangavelu being unfunny........i just love all of these guys.......infact i love surlirajan and can tolerate santhanam too :)

Plum
27th March 2009, 08:31 PM
Suruli was quite funny many times. Yeah, I can see the merit in VKR, too. But YGM's Gold medal and SSC's silver medal are reserved. Chance-e illai.

P_R
27th March 2009, 09:01 PM
i dont think anyone wud disagree that YGM is the unfunniest bloke to hit TF...

but i dont agree (idhula enna aachiryam) on VKR, SSC or Thangavelu being unfunny........i just love all of these guys.......infact i love surlirajan and can tolerate santhanam too :)

You louu thangavElA !
VKR, SSC ... meat/poison etc.
ThangavElu ....!!!

danaal-Am ennannA timing-aam. hayyo hayyo ! He is known to dwell and drawl beyond the punchline and ruin the joke which was weak to begin with.

P_R
27th March 2009, 09:04 PM
But YGM's Gold medal and SSC's silver medal are reserved. Chance-e illai.
Waitese.... SP vandhu YGM is quite funny appidinnu oru pOdu pOduvaanga. Sock aagama avunga solradhai kEkkaNum.

thamizhvaanan
27th March 2009, 09:23 PM
Ennapa.. ellarum Charlie'ya vittuteenga... he deserves a place in top 3. It's a tight contest between SSC & Charlie for no.2. YGM is the undeniable number 1 :thumbsup:

But VKR a indha list la sekradhu konjam unfair. Wasn't he a character actor who gets some amount of funny scenes in every movie? Ofcourse he often shouts way too loud, but most of his scenes in Aan paavam were quite hilarious. The whole movie was great! So atleast on that basis he should be disqualified from this list.

Vivasaayi
27th March 2009, 09:42 PM
ippo irukura comediansla

kanja karuppu

vaiyapuri (i really dont understand what our guy like in this guy)

Nerd
27th March 2009, 10:27 PM
VKR is highly underrated esp in the hub. If these VKR films are not funny, I dont know what is:
1. aaN paavam
2. arangEtra vELai
3. Varusham 16
4. vELaikkAran
esra esra esra esra :)

Ganja kaRuppellAm sellAdhu. I love his dialaak delivery which is unique and natural. Another overrated comedian(?) - Livingston.

Vivasaayi
27th March 2009, 10:41 PM
VKR is a wonderful charecter artist and also a comedian

Should not be categorized as a comedian.Such a good charecter artist who could do any role with such ease.

Sanguine Sridhar
27th March 2009, 11:27 PM
Unfunny:

1. Charlie [ Except Friends]
2. Y.G.Mahendra
3. N.S.K
4. Karunas

V.K.R :shock: - Arangetravelai onnu podhume!

Renault
28th March 2009, 12:32 AM
Unfunny:

2. Y.G.Mahendra
3. N.S.K
4. Karunas

V.K.R :shock: - Arangetravelai onnu podhume!

NSK :shock:

Charlie was ok in Ramakrishna and Unnai Ninaithu (mei meyyappan).

Karunas was also ok in some films.. Nanda, Thiruda Thirudee, to name a few.

thamizhvaanan
28th March 2009, 12:58 AM
Ganja kaRuppellAm sellAdhu. I love his dialaak delivery which is unique and natural. Another overrated comedian(?) - Livingston.
Kamaan.. livingston ellaam comedian kedayaadhu... he can come as a support character, villan or even hero!!!

Even in his comedies, I remember one film he did with Vadivelu.. that was quite hilarious!! Especially the thanni adikra scene with chithappu... :rotfl:

Ganja karuppu and Karuna's all belong to the category of those who try too hard with little or no result. But even they have had some funny performances. Andha vagaila none can beat the spotless record of YGM and SSC... :thumbsup:

thamizhvaanan
28th March 2009, 01:00 AM

Wat??? IMO sachin did a much better performance in "mai kaha hoon" than what Charlie did in Friends. But that film was an absolute laugh riot!!!

crajkumar_be
28th March 2009, 01:01 AM
VKR is highly underrated esp in the hub. If these VKR films are not funny, I dont know what is:
1. aaN paavam
2. arangEtra vELai
3. Varusham 16
4. vELaikkAran
esra esra esra esra :)

Arangetra Velai is a gem and i dont remember much of aan Paavam but VKR must have definitely rocked

VKR ayya-va indha list la sekka koodaadhu!

I find Livingston pretty funny generally.
His best is of course "En purushan kozhandha maadhiri" and when he says "Asstralia" (for Australia)... padam therla :rotfl:

crajkumar_be
28th March 2009, 01:02 AM
Karunas is generally funny IMO.
His dialogue delivery and voice :lol:

Nerd
28th March 2009, 01:25 AM
I thought vadivelu completely overshadowed Livingston in EPKM. And the fact that Livingston made a mess of the roles(?) he played in the last two Rajini films irks me to no end :twisted:

I found Karunas very unfunny in NandhA and some of his early films. But he was terrific in KT and PollAthavan.

Plum
28th March 2009, 08:08 AM
Sari sari, popular acclaimunala VKR's nomination rejeeted. As a precursor to the koundamani school of tamil humour, it is only understandable that he commands such respect.
YgM continues to lead by wide margin - oru poll pottu numbers pakkanumnaen. Kooppudungaya andha thread owner-ai

Plum
28th March 2009, 08:11 AM
Actually Charlie and all doesn't count because of being primarily a sidekick.
YGM, SSC have all tortured as lead comedians in a number of films.
How many films charlie was the lead comedian in - offhand I can think only.of sigaram

P_R
28th March 2009, 11:05 AM
Ah aamaam Charley (yeah that's how he was numerologically contorted his name). I would put him below below YGM and SSC though.

Duet and some of his movies with KB, like vaanamE ellai.. damn annoying (KavithAlaya Krishnan is way better, thanks perhaps to the Crazy grooming).

Pudhu Vasantham :x

His famous but extremely annoying attempts include thenkAsi pattaNam and Friends.

When watching Friends one of my friends was like : "yEn dA thideernu ivan ippidi muzikkiraan"

"thalai-la adi pattadhulErndhu loose aayittAnaamaam"
"Oho ! munnAdi theLivA irundhaanaakkum.... indha joke ellAm adikkiradhukku munnAdhi solradhillayA dA ?"

VENKIRAJA
28th March 2009, 11:46 AM
Poove unakkaga is his best attempt. SSC is plain annoying. Utter crap. YGM... Useless fellow! These guys... how can they call them comedians? pErai sonnA oru comedy scene-Avathu nyabagam varaNum.

Vivasaayi
28th March 2009, 12:01 PM
vivek when he tries to be a "social reformer"

damn boring!!!!!

viraajan
28th March 2009, 04:49 PM
Ah aamaam Charley (yeah that's how he was numerologically contorted his name). I would put him below below YGM and SSC though.

:shhh: satham pOttu sollAdheenga.... avanga ellam Kalai Mamani award vAnginavanga :wink:

NOV
28th March 2009, 07:03 PM
Pls tell me if you want to change the nominees. :P

Thalafanz
28th March 2009, 07:09 PM
Unfunny:

2. Y.G.Mahendra
3. N.S.K
4. Karunas

Karunas rocked in Villain. :)

viraajan
28th March 2009, 07:35 PM
except few movies, karnas has always been sema mokkai :lol:

Thalafanz
28th March 2009, 07:45 PM
except few movies, karnas has always been sema mokkai :lol:

This logic can be applied to everyone. :)

Thirumaran
28th March 2009, 08:11 PM
Waitese.... SP vandhu YGM is quite funny appidinnu oru pOdu pOduvaanga. Sock aagama avunga solradhai kEkkaNum.

:rotfl2:

Vivasaayi
28th March 2009, 08:13 PM
y.g was funny in few scenes like

"raja good boy"

"avangannan"

"oru dhathi"

anyone remember?...

P_R
28th March 2009, 09:29 PM
vivek when he tries to be a "social reformer"

damn boring!!!!!

Yes but that is of course not the only time.
Was watching sirippoli this afternoon GM (raja annamalaipuram pOga idhu moonji alla :lol:) and I misplaced the remote. After that I had to endure the entire 'comedy' track of arasAtchi. yappA.....

joe
28th March 2009, 09:46 PM
:shock: :x

The most underrated comedian,IMO.

P_R
28th March 2009, 09:47 PM
:x adhaan theriyumE :-)

joe
28th March 2009, 09:48 PM
Top 2 unfunny comedians ever are Santhanam and Vaiyapuri :x

joe
28th March 2009, 09:49 PM
danaal-Am ennannA timing-aam. hayyo hayyo ! He is known to dwell and drawl beyond the punchline and ruin the joke which was weak to begin with.

:huh: ThangaveLu comedy-kku ennaiya koRachel ..Kalyanaparisu onnu pothum :huh:

joe
28th March 2009, 09:51 PM
PR,
Ungalukellam Premji is great comedian ,but Thangavelu is waste ..Haiyoo haiyoo.

P_R
28th March 2009, 09:52 PM

That is offered as his best. I rest my case.

anyway, VaiyApuri yeah... very unfunny Kamal keeps casting him :x

Vivasaayi
28th March 2009, 09:53 PM

yeah!

"thatnamparu"

"ennada idhu championnu kodoa solla vida matengura"

"appa adhu raja mannara irukkumo"

Add thennilavu

gemini - thangavelu is one of the funniest combos.

P_R
28th March 2009, 09:54 PM
PR,

Of course.. idhula enna sandhEgam :-)

un kadhai mudiyum nEram idhu in Ch-28 :lol: Funnier than the sum total of all the Thangavelu I have seen

joe
28th March 2009, 09:55 PM
PR,
Not just Kalayana parisu ..I have a VCD of Comedy collection of Thangavelu ,all greats ..I don't remember the movie names ..I will revisit and let you know ,if you want to check.

Vivasaayi
28th March 2009, 09:55 PM
PR,

un kadhai mudiyum nEram idhu in Ch-28 :lol: Funnier than the sum total of all the Thangavelu I have seen

idhellam romba over PR!

Thangavelu is one of very good comedians IMO...

joe
28th March 2009, 09:57 PM
PR,

OK.Ok..Mudiyalla ..I also rest my case.

Vivasaayi
28th March 2009, 09:58 PM
PR,
Not just Kalayana parisu ..I have a VCD of Comedy collection of Thangavelu ,all greats ..I don't remember the movie names ..I will revisit and let you know ,if you want to check.

He was never irritating - which in itself a good accomplishment.

adutha veetu penn,then nilavu,alababavum 40 thirudargalum,

P_R
28th March 2009, 09:59 PM
I have watched kalyAna parisu, alibabavum 40 thirudargaLum, thEn nilavu, galatta kalyAnam , pArthAl pasi theerum.. all his supposedly prime films. Quite unimpressive. I mean the best effort earn a mild smile - at the most.

I have not watched arivaLi - which many say is his very best.

joe
28th March 2009, 10:02 PM
IMO ,The guy (I don't even know his name) who comes in many vadivelu comedies ..one says "Nammooru kaaranunga paassakkara payaluva.. uttu saapuda maattanuva" ..that guy is 100 times better than Junior Paandu Premji :huh:

P_R
28th March 2009, 10:13 PM
Oh that guy is pretty good Joe. avarai paththi appuram....now Premji

In one scene in saroja one of the villains' guys is shot.... Premji frantically feels around himself to make sure he wasn't shot. :rotfl:

saar...neenga golti 'ngradhaala andha poNNu vEnaamniduchA :rotfl2:
I mean, that is unimaginably rude and he puts it across with such sincerety that it is too hilarious. We had to pause to laugh.

Vivasaayi
28th March 2009, 10:20 PM
I liked mirchi siva better than premji...in both the movies

joe
28th March 2009, 10:22 PM
PR,
Intha vishyathula namakkuLla konjam kooda oththu varathu ..Neenga Saroja padaththai aaha oohoo-nu pugazhnthavar ..I found it extremely unfunny and irritating movie.

joe
28th March 2009, 10:26 PM
PR,
Inniku suntv-la 'Ponnu veetu kaaran' -nnu Sathyaraj ,Gounder with P.Vasu combination padam pottan .. Though I am also Gounder fan ,gounder comedy in this movie is very much unfunny and irritating in most of the places. do you agree?

viraajan
28th March 2009, 10:32 PM
I liked both Premji and Shiva equally.

Shiva's "andha cycle'la yErradhukkE bayamA irukku sir" :rotfl: "annanum thambiyum Andhra meals sApida thAn layakku" :rotfl:

Prenji's "yaaru sir andha figureu" :rotfl2:

Premji is definitely not an unfunny comedian.

"Scissor Manohar" :hammer: :rant:

joe
28th March 2009, 10:36 PM

Ivara muthalla comedian list-la serthathe periya comedy.

Ivaroda anna padangal thavira vera eththanai padathula ivar kuppai kotta porarnnu naanum paakka thaane poren.

Thalafanz
28th March 2009, 10:38 PM

I'm not surprised this coming from u. Nagesh < VadivElu-nu sonnavar thAnE nEngga... :P (no offense though :) )

Nerd
28th March 2009, 10:39 PM
Joe, yEn indha kolai veRi :lol: Either you like him or don't. No middle grounds. He operates in a very unique wavelength, IMO.

Even I liked Mirchi siva better in those two films. PremG was not bad either. On thangavElu he was really funny in arivaaLi, kalyaanaparisu, thEn nilavu and a pandiyarajan film (manaivi ready?)

Thalafanz
28th March 2009, 10:40 PM
Neenga Saroja padaththai aaha oohoo-nu pugazhnthavar ..I found it extremely unfunny and irritating movie.

(speaking of Saroja alone) Joe avargaLE, I think u should have watched Saroja in theatre. :) IMHO.

viraajan
28th March 2009, 10:40 PM

Ivara muthalla comedian list-la serthathe periya comedy.

Ivaroda anna padangal thavira vera eththanai padathula ivar kuppai kotta porarnnu naanum paakka thaane poren.

As told by him (or VP. I don't remember :oops: ) in an interview:

He is not interested in acting. Only for his brother, he is acting in his films. He is passionate about composing music and is more interested to become a full time music director :mrgreen: He has declined some offers came his way :D

Vivasaayi
28th March 2009, 10:43 PM
Joe, yEn indha kolai veRi :lol: Either you like him or don't. No middle grounds. He operates in a very unique wavelength, IMO.

Even I liked Mirchi siva better in those two films. PremG was not bad either. On thangavElu he was really funny in arivaaLi, kalyaanaparisu, thEn nilavu and a pandiyarajan film (manaivi ready?)

his school master in the movie.

but manaivi ready is parthiban movie

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 10:47 PM

:shock:

:oops:

Actually i find him to be a good drama artist /char artist, may be not a wonderful comedian. I wont call him as unfunny as SURULIRAJAN though :evil:

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 10:47 PM

:rotfl2:

:hammer:

Ramakrishna
28th March 2009, 10:48 PM

I share exactly the same opinion. Premji ku ethukku ivlo hype nu enakku puriyala....Sometimes avar paesara dialogue kooda puriyarthula(in both Saroja and Chennai28).
And his angel comedies are all bayangara mokkai :fatigue:

Ofcourse, theatre la ellaarum sirichaanga...but i was confused.

joe
28th March 2009, 10:48 PM
AaLa vidungappa ..Vitta SPB .Charan is also great comedian-nnu solluveenga ..Ofcourse ..wavelength problem..Naan varren :lol:

Vivasaayi
28th March 2009, 10:49 PM

I share exactly the same opinion. Premji ku ethukku ivlo hype nu enakku puriyala....Sometimes avar paesara dialogue kooda puriyarthula(in both Saroja and Chennai28).
And his angel comedies are all bayangara mokkai :fatigue:

Ofcourse, theatre la ellaarum sirichaanga...but i was confused.
his interviews are the main reasons for my opinion...and his movie "thozha"

very unfunny

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 10:51 PM
"SURULIRAJAN"

His voice is ENOUGH to put me off.
A voice which is kinda weird .. I dont wanna be more blunt in saying the right word. and his facial twitches :Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:

itelaam comedy nnu vechirunthaangale :evil: avangala sollanam.

NEXT UNFUNNY person is

VeNNira aadai moorthi. Especially when he does that sound and THINKS IT tickles everybody around :banghead:

I wish there wrre multiple choices, I would have voted for v.a.moorthi too.

viraajan
28th March 2009, 10:54 PM
VeNNira aadai moorthi. Especially when he does that sound and THINKS IT tickles everybody around :banghead:

I did not like this guy in many movies. tubble meaning vEra :hammer:

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 10:55 PM

en saarbla innum rendu hammer podunga :mad: :hammer:

Nerd
28th March 2009, 10:56 PM
illeeng. Adhu pondAtti thEvai. manaivi ready is the one I was talking about (courtesy: Google)

Surulirajan was extremely funny in a scene in Johnny in which he runs into the barber (thinking thats Johnny). And in another movie in which he acts as a night-blind. Vaachu copied those scenes in chinna thambi and of course Gounder made those scenes double hilarious. Otherwise I find him unfunny too.

Ramakrishna
28th March 2009, 10:56 PM

en saarbla innum rendu hammer podunga :mad: :hammer:

ippo ethukku intha overreaction :lol2:

crajkumar_be
28th March 2009, 10:57 PM
I wont call him as unfunny as SURULIRAJAN though :evil:
Actually i kind of agree... I mean YGM won't win this with a single absolute majority :razz:

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 10:57 PM
ippo ethukku intha overreaction :lol2:

:lol2: I thought I did well, kandupudichuduveengalE :D
summa thaan wanted to post something, adhaan overreact pannen :D

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 10:58 PM
Actually i kind of agree... I mean YGM won't win this with a single absolute majority :razz:

ygm is a GREAT ARTIST, partchaikku neramachu alone is good enough to show him as a wonderful char artist.

crajkumar_be
28th March 2009, 10:59 PM
NEXT UNFUNNY person is

Please treat this as a formal kandanam from the VA sangam :twisted:

yaar pa adhu double meaning nu solradhu, avaru no double meaning.. only single.. avaru pesuradhe (thoonguradhu kooda) 'andha' meaning la dhaan :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 11:01 PM
NEXT UNFUNNY person is

yaar pa adhu double meaning nu solradhu, avaru no double meaning.. only single.. avaru pesuradhe (thoonguradhu kooda) 'andha' meaning la dhaan :lol:

:D

Ive not observed any double meaning (gavanichu kekka matten, avar scene kku vathaalE I change the channel or do ohter jobs)...
inga hub la solli thaan his dialogues carry more meanings nnu therinjuthu :|

Thirumaran
For me top 3 among the somewhat popular comedians

YGM
Suruli
SS Chandran....

not including thyagu, paandu, etc in the somewhat comedian list :lol2:

Ramakrishna

ygm is a GREAT ARTIST, partchaikku neramachu alone is good enough to show him as a wonderful char artist.

He may be a good character artist. But his comedy attempts doesn't evoke anything.

Shakthiprabha.
SS chandran comedian aa :|

vitrunga.

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 11:02 PM

He may be a good character artist. But his comedy attempts doesn't evoke anything.

yup. I supposely I have to agree on that :oops:

enna irunthaalum SVS mathiri varuma :D :P

Thirumaran
28th March 2009, 11:03 PM
SS chandran comedian aa :|

vitrunga.

appadithaanae tamil industry la solraanga :hammer: :lol2:

viraajan
NEXT UNFUNNY person is

:lol: I got the scene you are referring to.

VAM :hammer:

indha tubble meaning (adhaan andha orE meaning thaan) pEsura comediansa pAthAlE suthiya eduthu nadu mandaila nachunu pOdanum pOla irukku... vivek, vadivEl ellarum sEthu thAn :x :x

Vivasaayi
illeeng. Adhu pondAtti thEvai. manaivi ready is the one I was talking about (courtesy: Google)

Surulirajan was extremely funny in a scene in Johnny in which he runs into the barber (thinking thats Johnny)..

yes

"naan angayum vandha"

places the blade on the throat

"paadhilaye thirumbiduven" :lol:

joe

Ethula ..Mokkai-laya ? :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 11:05 PM

:roll:

1. Time sense
2. punch dialogues
3. sensible comedy
4. awweeeesome voice modulation
5. aweeeeeeesome body language

:evil:

viraajan

:thumbsup:

Vivasaayi
VAM is hilarious in certain movies

"innum moone varushathula cycle Ota kathukuttu ava munnaadi jabardhastha Oti kaamikiren"

Thengai srinivasan

rendu padam...kalakki eduthuruparu

thillu mullu

kasethan kadavulaa

mathadhellam mokka

Ramakrishna
28th March 2009, 11:06 PM

avaru nirayaa mokkai poduvaaru but sometimes avaroda facial expressions paathaaley sirippu varum...

Nerd
28th March 2009, 11:06 PM
Poove unakkaga is his best attempt. SSC is plain annoying. Utter crap. YGM... Useless fellow! These guys... how can they call them comedians? pErai sonnA oru comedy scene-Avathu nyabagam varaNum.
SSC
1. Sahadevan mahadevan
2. Patti sollai thattAdhE
3. A ramarajan film in which he carries kungumam with him and pottu vachifies whoever he encounters. Silly, yes but funny definitely.

There are many but I am not able to recollect them. The problem is they dont telecast his comedies in TV at all!

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 11:07 PM

avaru nirayaa mokkai poduvaaru but sometimes avaroda facial reactions paathaaley sirippu varum...

:)

joe
28th March 2009, 11:08 PM

1. Time sense
2. punch dialogues
3. sensible comedy
4. awweeeesome voice modulation
5. aweeeeeeesome body language

:evil:

SP,
IMO ,I consider SVS as a good comedy writer ,not comedy *Actor* .

Thirumaran
28th March 2009, 11:09 PM

svs ae mokkainnu sonnaa.. thaaralaama Premji ya sollalaam :lol2:

crajkumar_be
28th March 2009, 11:10 PM
3. A ramarajan film in which he carries kungumam with him and pottu vachifies whoever he encounters. Silly, yes but funny definitely.

Yes :rotfl:

There are many but I am not able to recollect them. The problem is they dont telecast his comedies in TV at all!
:exactly:
ivinga ellam generally funny comedians. appadi paatha Thyagu a paatha kooda comedy a irukkum.. e.g Amaidhippadai..

Enakku general black and white comedy dhaan avvalavu funny a irukkadhu.. except Nadigavel, Nagesh (to an extent)

Vayyapuri, oru funny scene dhaan nyabagam varudhu.. Harichandra la "vaan kozhi varuval" order pannuvaaple.. and thats his standard gesture with his hands.. like drinking from a jug

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 11:11 PM
joe,

dont u find his facial exp and body language good enough (FOR COMEDY)

I believe a good comedian (for certain types of comedy) need to be perfectly subtle (not shout) and normal. It GELS so well with NATURAL day to day humour in life.

In real life we dont hit or shout at anyone, we pass subtle sensible humour like svs ones (stricly speaking)

viraajan
28th March 2009, 11:11 PM

avaru nirayaa mokkai poduvaaru but sometimes avaroda facial reactions paathaaley sirippu varum...

neraya dramas nAn kettu irukken... face expression'ku vazhiyE illa... voice modulation thaan :bow:

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 11:12 PM
thiramaiyuLLa comedian, thaaan joke sollum pothu casual tone la sollanam, michavanga sirikkanam. THATS THE VICTORY for his comedy sense.

viraajan
28th March 2009, 11:14 PM
joe,

I believe a good comedian (for certain types of comedy) need to be perfectly subtle (not shout) and normal. It GELS so well with NATURAL day to day humour in life.

In real life we dont hit or shout at anyone, we pass subtle sensible humour like svs ones (stricly speaking)

headset pOttu dramas ketkumbodhE vizhundhu vizhundhu sirippEn... andha alavukku voice modulation irukkum... sema timing... SVS is truly great :bow:

Vivasaayi
thiramaiyuLLa comedian, thaaan joke sollum pothu casual tone la sollanam, michavanga sirikkanam. THATS THE VICTORY for his comedy sense.

thiramayulla comedian joke-e illaatiyum than voice modulation vechu sirikka vekkanum..adhan thiramai.

svs can never make an unfunny line sound funnier

Thirumaran
joe,

true :thumbsup:

ur 9th good post in 20000 + list :cool2:

one more to go :boo:

Ramakrishna
28th March 2009, 11:16 PM
thiramayulla comedian joke-e illaatiyum than voice modulation vechu sirikka vekkanum..adhan thiramai.

When u say this, it reminds me of Bheem boy comedy from MMKR :rotfl:

joe
28th March 2009, 11:17 PM
SP,
Naanum SVS drama-lam download panni kettirukken ..It is funny ..But SVS comedy is dialogue oriented .. His dialogues doesn't need himself to act ..Moreover his comedies are fall into single pattern ..

His dialogue modulation is OK .But body langauge :roll: :roll: Ennatha appadi body language pannittar :wink:

Shakthiprabha.
joe,

true :thumbsup:

ur 9th good post in 20000 + list :cool2:

one more to go :boo:

Nerd
In real life we dont hit or shout at anyone,
neenga enga varreengannu puriyudhu, where is Prabhu Ram :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 11:18 PM

ayyayooooooooooo naan varla :rotfl2:
ennai mannichudunga :D

Vivasaayi
28th March 2009, 11:18 PM
SP,
Naanum SVS drama-lam download panni kettirukken ..It is funny ..But SVS comedy is dialogue oriented .. His dialogues doesn't need himself to act ..Moreover his comedies are fall into single pattern ..

His dialogue modulation is OK .But body langauge :roll: :roll: Ennatha appadi body language pannittar :wink:

even dialogue delivery is not top notch..his lines are so funnier that they evoke laughter with excellent timing.

Thirumaran
28th March 2009, 11:19 PM

:rotfl:

Thirumaran
28th March 2009, 11:20 PM

ethukku mannikanum..

koundamani paththina unga karutha sonneenga.. :huh:

vivasaayi, PR ellaam thappaa ninaikka maataanga..
HR ellaam illa, worry pannika vaendiyathilla :boo:

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 11:21 PM
SP,

even dialogue delivery is not top notch..his lines are so funnier that they evoke laughter with excellent timing.

yeah, even someone wiht least humour sense goes stands there, and records plays behind, its enough. ppl would laugh :evil:

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 11:21 PM

ethukku mannikanum..

koundamani paththina unga karutha sonneenga.. :huh:

vivasaayi, PR ellaam thappaa ninaikka maataanga..
HR ellaam illa, worry pannika vaendiyathilla :boo:

summa irunga, ungalukku pozhuthu pogalaiya :P

Vivasaayi
28th March 2009, 11:22 PM
gounder pathi neraya misconceptions irukku - Loud.hittimg around etc

and then I dont want his name to be even spelt in this thread - THE FUNNIEST GUY IN TFM.

joe
28th March 2009, 11:23 PM
SP,

yeah, even someone wiht least humour sense goes stands there, and records plays behind, its enough. ppl would laugh :evil:

You mean Dindugul Leoni is great comedy 'actor'? :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
vicky nice avtar.

Vivasaayi
vicky nice avtar.

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 11:25 PM
SP,

You mean Dindugul Leoni is great comedy 'actor'? :roll:

Joe,

I do get what u say, I find as a comeplete package I get what I want with SVS and svs alone.

None others tickle me as much as he does. May be the NEXT FUNNIEST PERSON (in comedy roles) is acc to me, with his awesome delivery and body language

kamalhassan.

none else.

and I HATE RAJNIKANT comedy :evil: now thats another thing lets not talk all that here :|

viraajan
28th March 2009, 11:27 PM
and I HATE RAJNIKANT comedy :evil: now thats another thing lets not talk all that here :|

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 11:28 PM
:oops: vidunga.

Thirumaran
28th March 2009, 11:28 PM

ithaan pillayum killi vittu thottilayum aathurathaa :lol2:

Hope Nerd takes care of this :roll:

Nerd
28th March 2009, 11:29 PM

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
Thank you! Andha paambu scene(s) ellAm OK othukkalaam. Guru sishyan? Thambikku entha ooru? Thillu mullu? PadikkAdhavan? Dharmadurai esra.

Madhu Sree
:oops: vidunga.

//Paavam akka... :( //

Shakthiprabha.
tm,,,,,,,

poi thoongunga, irukaravangalai elaam evi vittukittu :mad:

viraajan
28th March 2009, 11:30 PM
The most irritating comedian-hero. Vishal :hammer:

Malaikotai'la avar panninadhu enna kaamedyaamA? :hammer:

Just saw a scene. Vishal kudichuttu, oru kili koonda thookittu varuvAn.... shabba,,, avan pesura pechu... :fatigue:

Madhu Sree
I really hate S.S.Chandran's comedy (?) adhukku avare oru reaction kuduthuppaaru :banghead:

Vivasaayi
rajni became unfully only in recent movies

He is too good in 80s

Thambikku endha ooru - a riot

thillu mullu

netrikann etc pattaya kelapiruparu

gru shishyan
---

in 90s its mannan.

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 11:31 PM

Thank you! Andha paambu scene(s) ellAm OK othukkalaam. Guru sishyan? Thambikku entha ooru? Thillu mullu? PadikkAdhavan? Dharmadurai esra.

thillu mullu mattum lesa sirikkalaam, pambu scene is :|
guru sishyan was good :) seriously good :) (may be an exception)

I find him extremely good with 'U NAME ANY EMOTION' with all tht, except.... comedy :|

//dign

end dign.

//ennai thread vittu thorathi vida poraanga //

Ramakrishna

Just saw a scene. Vishal kudichuttu, oru kili koonda thookittu varuvAn.... shabba,,, avan pesura pechu... :fatigue:

viraajan

:yes:

padayappA avar louvs vidura scene :rotfl:

arunachalam, muthu stage scene - thalaivar kalakkal :bow: :clap"

crajkumar_be
28th March 2009, 11:32 PM
Veera,
"Yen, namma veetla saappaadu illiya?" :rotfl:

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 11:32 PM
thillu mullu acc to me is a GREAT ENTERTAINER. I wont call it a comedy :|

joe
28th March 2009, 11:33 PM
SP,
SVS and Rajinikanth are entirely different.

SVS fully on dialogue (just plain lines) and Rajini used his spl body language for comedy.

Neenga ennadanna SVS body language best level-kku sollureenga :roll: :roll: Antha aaLu body-ya use panni naan paarthathe illa..Moonjiya ore maathiri vachuttu dialogue mattum pesuvaar :roll: :wink:

viraajan

yEnga saak aayiteenga :shock:

Nerd

I say its saratkumar. Mahaprabu-la Gounder pattaya kilappumbOthu andha pakkam :banghead:

Vivasaayi

pinna..romantic entertainera??????

crajkumar_be
28th March 2009, 11:34 PM
I find it very strange that unfunny thread has no mention of Vikraman's aasthaana "comedians" :)

And Kaathaadi Ramamoorthi

Ramakrishna

illa, avarellaam oru aalunu avar pathiyellaam inga solreenglennuthaan :lol2:

Ramakrishna
I find it very strange that unfunny thread has no mention of Vikraman's aasthaana "comedians" :)

Ramesh Khanna :)

Thirumaran
28th March 2009, 11:35 PM
tm,,,,,,,

poi thoongunga, irukaravangalai elaam evi vittukittu :mad:

enakkuinga 7 thaan aaguthu.. :lol2: neengathaan thookam varaamaa ellaarayum sandaikku izhukureenga :rotfl:

unfunny comedians paththi paesinaa samanthamae illaam Rajini, kamal kootittu vanthutu yegathaalatha paaru :rotfl:

Shakthiprabha.
SP,
Neenga ennadanna SVS body language best level-kku sollureenga :roll: :roll: Antha aaLu body-ya use panni naan paarthathe illa..Moonjiya ore maathiri vachuttu dialogue mattum pesuvaar :roll: :wink:

:lol2: :rotfl2:

by body language what I mean is koNashtai pannaama, he is natural in delivering a comedy dialogue, kaay vaay koni, kuthichu, bulti adichu, kannu mookkkai thiruppi comedy solaama, naanum neengalum pesum pothu epdi pechu vaakil haasyam add pannuvomo apdi panuvaar. so its NATURAL :)

Vivasaayi

The recording for comic scenes in his movies deserves a special mention

ddodoi.....drrrrrrrrrr...tototoiiiiii

charlie his aasthana comedian was mentioned already.

joe
28th March 2009, 11:36 PM
thillu mullu mattum lesa sirikkalaam

Ramakrishna

Entertainer-nu oru puthu genre irukkaa :o

viraajan

illa, avarellaam oru aalunu avar pathiyellaam inga solreenglennuthaan :lol2:

ada... aama... :oops: thappu thAn :bow: :lol:

Nerd

R. Sundarrajan
SA. Rajkumar
veRa yaaru?

And what about Chinni Jeyanth (minus eeramana rOjAvE :lol: )

viraajan

RK, to me is a good comedian. :)

Just few mins ago unnidathil ennai koduthen scenes pAthen... :rotfl:

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 11:37 PM
comedy nna

koNala mugatha vechukanam illati
8 kattai shruthi la kathanam
illati adi vaanganam or adi kudukkanam ithu mattum illainga.

Comedy is something which should BLEND in our regular way of life and talks.

ennoda opinion.

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 11:37 PM
thillu mullu mattum lesa sirikkalaam

:D sari vidunga :lol2:

viraajan
28th March 2009, 11:38 PM

gilphaansee...

he was good only in few movies... mostly irritating :banghead:

Ramakrishna
R. Sundarrajan
SA. Rajkumar
veRa yaaru?
[/quote]

:lol:

Vivasaayi
comedy nna

ennoda opinion.
u r contradicting urself...nobody is framing rules like u said.

but its u who is framing rules like

comedina adhikama katha koodadhu,mudhuva pesanum,konala moonjiya vechuka koodadhu etc

crajkumar_be
28th March 2009, 11:39 PM

The recording for comic scenes in his movies deserves a special mention

ddodoi.....drrrrrrrrrr...tototoiiiiii

charlie his aasthana comedian was mentioned already.
:yes: :rotfl2:

Oh, Charlie dhaan leading la...

Ramesh Kanna.. enakku ore funny line (seemingly mokkai but funny)
Pyramid Natrajan: "Anga enna nadandhudhu"
RK: "Aadu nadandhudhu, maadu nadandhudhu"
:lol: shortly before the Thirukkural line..

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 11:39 PM
comedy nna

ennoda opinion.
u r contradicting urself...nobody is framing rules like u said.

but its u who is framing rules like

comedina adhikama katha koodadhu,mudhuva pesanum,konala moonjiya vechuka koodadhu etc

adhu MATTUM thaan comedy nnu sonnEna?
I said 'ennoda opinion' :evil:

Charlie chaplinum comedy thaan
mr.bean um comedy thaan
yes minister frineds um comedy thaan

I like third type of comedy.

viraajan
28th March 2009, 11:40 PM
Chinni jeyanth name missing in the list.. idhellam oru therdhal :hammer:

Ramakrishna
28th March 2009, 11:40 PM

ivaru Mimicry panniye mokkai poduvaaru....Pattukottai periyappaannu oru padam irukku where he acts as a police officer. Athula mattumthaan avar funny-yaa therinjaar enakku..Infact the whole movie was a laugh riot imo.

joe
28th March 2009, 11:41 PM
comedy nna

ennoda opinion.

KoundaManikku pathila avarukku comedy ezuthina Veerappan vanthu ninnu vaasichiruntha pothum-nnu sollureengala?

crajkumar_be
28th March 2009, 11:41 PM
Chinni Jayanth-a.. konjam yosichu mudivukku varanum.. avasarappada vendaam.. thinking of his funny moments apart from ER.. "Shakespeare Potta Omlette (hamlet)" from Gokulam, that scene is one for sure...

Vivasaayi
28th March 2009, 11:42 PM
sp,

nobody denies svs is a goodcomedian..its u who is denying loud comedians and telling us that we have set rules like comedians should be loud.

but its u who has set urown rules that comedins shouldnt be loud :)

Nerd
KoundaManikku pathila avarukku comedy ezuthina Veerappan vanthu ninnu vaasichiruntha pothum-nnu sollureengala?
Incredibly :rotfl: :thumbsup:

Shakthiprabha.
comedy nna

ennoda opinion.

:| ipdi madakkina epdi bathil solrathu :| naan kaundamani pathi pesavE illai :P

crajkumar_be
Chinni - Idhayam(?), Harichandra ("saapaadu kaaramana irukkanum!" , "periyappa" :rotfl:).... "Kadhalar Dhinam" soora mokkai of course but personal favorite...

Vivasaayi
28th March 2009, 11:43 PM
Chinni Jayanth-a.. konjam yosichu mudivukku varanum.. avasarappada vendaam.. thinking of his funny moments apart from ER.. "Shakespeare Potta Omlette (hamlet)" from Gokulam, that scene is one for sure...

"en friendunga"

vayasanavara theriyuraru

"oldu friendunga...."

viraajan
28th March 2009, 11:43 PM
comedy nna

ennoda opinion.

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 11:44 PM
sp,

but its u who has set urown rules that comedins shouldnt be loud :)

NO! I never set that rule. Why should I? or who am I? (comedy council leader aa?)

ithelaam personal likes n dislikes, naan sonnathu definition for comedy "according to my likes"

avlo thaan.

Vivasaayi

:lol:

viraajan

oru sila movies'a thavira avar perisA comedy pannindha nenavukku varala :oops:

Nerd
Chinni - Idhayam(?), Harichandra ("saapaadu kaaramana irukkanum!" , "periyappa" :rotfl:)....
Also chinnapoovE mella pEsu, Raja chinna roja (Haaaaaaaan :lol: but not many like it I think.. )

crajkumar_be
28th March 2009, 11:45 PM
RCR :rotfl2:

Shakthiprabha.
Raja chinna roja (Haaaaaaaan :lol: but not many like it I think.. )

:cry: vaay thuruthurunnu pesa solluthu irunthaalum naan summa irukaa poren konja nerathukku :|

Vivasaayi
Chinni - Idhayam(?), Harichandra ("saapaadu kaaramana irukkanum!" , "periyappa" :rotfl:)....
Also chinnapoovE mella pEsu, Raja chinna roja (Haaaaaaaan :lol: but not many like it I think.. )

"andha yezhainga matter"

crajkumar_be
28th March 2009, 11:46 PM

"andha yezhainga matter"
Oh yeah, how could one forget My Dear Marthandan..
And there's a movie in which he dodges the house owner for paying rent.. does mimicry and stuff...
Dum Dum Dum :rotfl:
He should be off the list for sure!

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 11:46 PM
haiyaaa! surulirajankku innoru vote :thumbsup:

Ramakrishna
28th March 2009, 11:47 PM

I found Rajini's reaction to that much more funnier.

Ramakrishna
28th March 2009, 11:48 PM

ungalukku multiple ids irukkartha prove pannitteenga :thumbsup: :lol2:

crajkumar_be
28th March 2009, 11:48 PM
"Yeah, it's me" :)

viraajan
28th March 2009, 11:49 PM
had a great time here!!! :bow:

Good night :fatigue:

:wave: all :yessir:

Nerd
28th March 2009, 11:50 PM
Chinni Jeyanth - Senthil - Cycle shop comedy. Which film is that and was it good?

P_R
28th March 2009, 11:51 PM
PR,
Inniku suntv-la 'Ponnu veetu kaaran' -nnu Sathyaraj ,Gounder with P.Vasu combination padam pottan .. Though I am also Gounder fan ,gounder comedy in this movie is very much unfunny and irritating in most of the places. do you agree?

Yes PVK is a dud. That movie is past his prime. I am one of those who don't want to see GM act any more. I am sure I am not alone here.

Of course GM's movies are rarely ever gemless. In one scene SR is out to help Vijay Adhiraj and GM interjects with a huge typical tangent. Frustrated Vijay Adhiraj interrupts them and asks them to attend to the task at hand. GM's response: "dei.... naanga evvaLO periya social matter pEsittu irukkOm" :lol:

I find myself using that line all the time

crajkumar_be
28th March 2009, 11:52 PM
Chinni Jeyanth - Senthil - Cycle shop comedy. Which film is that and was it good?
I think thats the film with the house owner thing... mimicry scenes funny-a irundhdha nyabagam.. dont remember much though

joe
JanagaRaj pathi yaarume pesalla.

Ramakrishna

It was an SVS film.

P_R
28th March 2009, 11:53 PM

I'm not surprised this coming from u. Nagesh < VadivElu-nu sonnavar thAnE nEngga... :P (no offense though :) )

Of course. idhai naan endha court-layum vandhu solluvEn.

In the "no offense" solreenga paatheengaLA... andha thayakkam dhaan pala vishayangaLukku thadaiyA irukku :-)

crajkumar_be
Yeah he is a better 'actor' than a comedian

crajkumar_be

amaam amaam!

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 11:54 PM
I think thats the film with the house owner thing... mimicry scenes funny-a irundhdha nyabagam.. dont remember much though

hmmm it has svs as its hero
svs, viji, manorama, thangavelu

wow movie.

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 11:54 PM
ponnu... something :?

Nerd
28th March 2009, 11:56 PM
I find the contrived/silly thangachiya naai kadichiruchubA incredibly funny every time I watch it :)

Thirumaran
28th March 2009, 11:56 PM

one more take it :mrgreen:

Thirumaran
28th March 2009, 11:57 PM

hmmm it has svs as its hero
svs, viji, manorama, thangavelu

wow movie.

thangamani rangamani :roll:

that kanjathanam movie aa..
chicken paperl avarainju vachittu saapiduvaarae :rotfl2:

Shakthiprabha.
nandri nandri :ty: :D

P_R
idhai naan edhirpaaththEn. adhukku mEla oNNum solradhukku illai.

Shakthiprabha.
28th March 2009, 11:58 PM
no not thangamani rangamani that had REKHA as svs heroine.

idhula viji, senthil chinni jeyanth comedy nalla ir ukkum.

Ramakrishna
namma Mayilsaamy eppidi?

crajkumar_be
namma Mayilsaamy eppidi?
Mayilsaamy rocks :thumbsup:

Shakthiprabha.

Great artist kooda illaiya :|

P_R

May. Very well chosen word :clap:

Madhu Sree
28th March 2009, 11:59 PM
namma Mayilsaamy eppidi?

:cry3: bore bore bore... I really hate him... :x

Nerd
28th March 2009, 11:59 PM
And which movie is Sivaramakrishnaganapathysubramanian from? VAM (and SveS) :lol: :rotfl:

Ramakrishna
29th March 2009, 12:00 AM
namma Mayilsaamy eppidi?

apdiyaa? :? Naa avara Vivek koodathaan athigamaa paathirukken, where obviously he was not funny.
Any examples?

Shakthiprabha.
29th March 2009, 12:01 AM
And which movie is Sivaramakrishnaganapathysubramanian from? VAM (and SveS) :lol: :rotfl:

athE movie thaan.

svs, viji, daNaal thangavelu, manorama, gopi, y vijaya, vennira aadai moorthi, senthil, chinni jeyanth.

nalla irkkum movie.

P_R
Vayyapuri, oru funny scene dhaan nyabagam varudhu.. Harichandra la "vaan kozhi varuval" order pannuvaaple.. and thats his standard gesture with his hands.. like drinking from a jug :rotfl:

Shakthiprabha.
namma Mayilsaamy eppidi?

oru mayilE
mayilai
hate pannalaaama
achariya kuri :idea:

(vr kku replacement)

joe
29th March 2009, 12:02 AM

In the "no offense" solreenga paatheengaLA... andha thayakkam dhaan pala vishayangaLukku thadaiyA irukku :-)

எப்பவுமே சம காலத்தவர் அல்லாத இரண்டு பேரை ஒப்பிடும் போது அந்தந்த காலகட்டங்களில் இருந்த பின்னணியையும் கருத்தில் கொள்ள வேண்டும் ..நீங்கள் கொள்ளவில்லை என சொல்ல வரவில்லை ..பொதுவாக சொல்கிறேன்.

பொதுவாக என்.எஸ்.கே பற்றி இப்போது நாம் இப்போதுள்ள அளவுகோலை வைத்து எடை போட்டு அவரை நிராகரிக்கிறோம் . கிட்டதட்ட தமிழ் சினிமா ஆரம்பித்த காலகட்டத்தில் புகழ்கொடி நாட்டியவர் அவர் .அவர் வெறும் காமெடியன் மட்டுமல்ல ..இயக்குநர் (நடிகர் திலகத்தின் இரண்டாவது படத்தை இயக்கியவர் அவரே) ,பாடலாசிரியர் ,பாடகர் ,வசனகர்த்தா ..இவை தாண்டி தனிமனித வாழ்வில் கொள்கைவாதி .பரோபகாரி (எம்.ஜி.ஆர் வள்ளலானது இவருக்கு சீடராக இருந்து தான்) . இவையெல்லாம் சேர்ந்து தான் கலைவாணர் என அழைக்கப்பட்டார். வெறும் காமெடியன் என்பதற்காக அல்ல.

Shakthiprabha.
29th March 2009, 12:03 AM
What do u ppl think about MOULI?

funny?
versatile?
sentimental?
nothing?

P_R

avunga romba soft-Ana environment-la vaLandhuttAnga :lol2:

Thirumaran
no not thangamani rangamani that had REKHA as svs heroine.

idhula viji, senthil chinni jeyanth comedy nalla ir ukkum.

oh i know.. :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
29th March 2009, 12:04 AM

avunga romba soft-Ana environment-la vaLandhuttAnga :lol2:

:D true.

Thirumaran
29th March 2009, 12:04 AM

funny?
versatile?
sentimental?
nothing?

funny in nizhal nijamaagirathu.. for that matter PSP..

other movies kind of mokkai :roll:

Madhu Sree
29th March 2009, 12:05 AM
namma Mayilsaamy eppidi?

oru mayilE
mayilai
hate pannalaaama
achariya kuri :idea:

(vr kku replacement)

// u too :roll:

SP == VR == Thiru :idea: //

Nerd
29th March 2009, 12:06 AM
Mouli - Unfunny. Even his much acclaimed Flight 172 was just OK, IMO.

P_R
29th March 2009, 12:08 AM

Side-vaayan has too many redeeming situations to be on this election.

Pi r-squared is equal to James Bond 007 yaarum parthadhillayA

Nerd
29th March 2009, 12:10 AM

Adhu chinnapoovE mellapEsu. I mentioned it but indha dialogue nyaabagathuku varala.

P_R
29th March 2009, 12:12 AM

SVS- Kozhikoovudhu Viji movie

VAM: sivaramakrishna Ganapathy subramania poNNungaLa paathe kaNNai nONdiduvEn

SVS: illappA andha poNNu dhaan
VAM: dei poNNu 'ngra vaarthaiyE un vaailErndhu varappadaadhu
SVS: sari... andha ammaiyAr dhaan

joe
29th March 2009, 12:13 AM

Adhu chinnapoovE mellapEsu. I mentioned it but indha dialogue nyaabagathuku varala.

Enakku aditionala Kumari Muthu Gnayapagam vanthuchu..avaru eppadi list-la?

P_R
29th March 2009, 12:15 AM

funny?
versatile?
sentimental?
nothing?

Very good. manmadha naidu in Nizhal nijamagiradhu oNNE pOdhum :lol:

P_R
29th March 2009, 12:17 AM

Great artist kooda illaiya :|
Quite a limited actor IMO..

Shakthiprabha.
29th March 2009, 12:18 AM
Mouli had one more movie.

viji, some xyz guy called mallikarjun ( :? ) sumitra (as mouli's wife)

Can watch once. not bad.

Mouli ofcourse created a indelible mark in climx with his patohs char in "pullaankuzhal adupoothugirathu"

Nerd
avarellAm rejetted dhAn. avaru, loose mohan ellAm side-comedian dhaanE... :)

crajkumar_be
namma Mayilsaamy eppidi?

apdiyaa? :? Naa avara Vivek koodathaan athigamaa paathirukken, where obviously he was not funny.
Any examples?
Aboorva Sagodharargal (sumaal role dhaan) "Atha vudu, annan baniyan size 42" scene :lol:
Yeah, some vivek comedies (Dhool, Sivashankar Baba etc)
"Jakkamma! ivan ratham kakki savaan" with Vadivel
And a film where he plays a doc (moderately funny)

And his mimicry in the 80s

P_R
29th March 2009, 12:19 AM

No... he has many funny moments ....

pEr edukkAttiyum kedukkAma irungadA....self-save kiLikkiraanungaLAm
(The expression of 'testing-in-process' that preceeds this line) :lol:

crajkumar_be
29th March 2009, 12:19 AM
Mouli - Unfunny AFAIR

crajkumar_be
29th March 2009, 12:20 AM
Kumarimuthu, like SSC and others, generally funny faces/characters

Nerd
29th March 2009, 12:20 AM
Aboorva Sagodharargal (sumaal role dhaan)

Pennin manathai thottu :lol:

crajkumar_be
29th March 2009, 12:21 AM
Yeah the translation :lol:

And a comedy with Vivek where Vivek does a Mel Gibson "What women want"

Ramakrishna
29th March 2009, 12:22 AM

intha padatha mention panappothaan Dhamu paer enakku nyaabagam varuthu. Avara pathi neenga ellaam enna ninaikareenga.

joe
29th March 2009, 12:22 AM

Yes.Is it the same movie one guy speaks Srilankan Tamil and Mayilsaami translates into chennai tamil?

crajkumar_be
29th March 2009, 12:24 AM
Joe,
adhe dhaan :)

Rama,
Dhamu is a good nomination i think (he was somewhat funny in the beginning though)

joe
29th March 2009, 12:25 AM
ManiVannan ,R.sundarRajan ,Anu Mohan ,Manobala-llam entha list-la varranga?

Ramakrishna
29th March 2009, 12:28 AM
Joe,
adhe dhaan :)

Rama,
Dhamu is a good nomination i think (he was somewhat funny in the beginning though)

I think he belongs to the blade group of Vayyapuri,Charli, Dhamu which is usually seen in Saran films.

P_R
எப்பவுமே சம காலத்தவர் அல்லாத இரண்டு பேரை ஒப்பிடும் போது அந்தந்த காலகட்டங்களில் இருந்த பின்னணியையும் கருத்தில் கொள்ள வேண்டும் ..நீங்கள் கொள்ளவில்லை என சொல்ல வரவில்லை ..பொதுவாக சொல்கிறேன்.

மறுக்கவில்லை ஜோ. ஆனால் அப்படி ஒரு time handicap நாகேஷுக்கு தேவைப் படவில்லையே.

இப்போது தான் படகோட்டியிலிருந்து ஒரு காட்சி பார்த்தேன். எங்கள் வட்டாரங்களில் ஜிம்பலக்கடி பம்பா என்று அறியப்படும் நடிகர், மீனவசங்கத்தலைவர் நாகேஷ் பகல் வேலையில் தூங்குவதைப் பார்த்துவிடுவார். உதவியாளர் (வீரப்பன் ?) அவர் தூங்கவில்லை என்றும் சிந்தனையில் இருப்பதாகவும் சொல்லி சமாளிக்க தூக்கக் கலக்கம் தெளியாமல் டைமிங்கோடு நாகேஷ் சொல்வது:

JB: தலைவரே பகல்லியுமா ?
வீ: சிந்தனையாளர்களுக்கு பகலென்ன இரவென்ன
நாகேஷ்: (சோம்பல் முறித்துக்கொண்டே) இதை நான் ஆமோதிக்கின்றேன் :rotfl:

சமகாலத்தவரான தங்கவேலுவுக்கு இதை கைகூடவில்லை என்பதே என் கருத்து.

NSK-ஐ பற்றி.... அவரது இதர திறமைகளையும், சமூக அக்கறையை அவர் நகைச்சுவையில் நுழைத்த பிரத்தியேக பாணியையும், அதன் வீச்சையும் யாரும் மறுக்கவில்லை. இன்றளவில் சிரிக்க முடிகிறதா என்ற ஒரே அளவுகோலை மட்டும் வைத்து பார்க்கிறோம். இந்த விஷயத்தில் கொஞ்சம் இறக்கமில்லாமல் இருக்கலாம் என்றே நினைக்கிறேன். :P

Nerd
Manivannan, Dhamu, Manobala - 50-50
RS - deii idhu sikkanA?, Still I am a young :rotfl: But unfunny generally
Anumohan - rejetted.

Ramakrishna
29th March 2009, 12:32 AM
Thengai Srinivasan, V.K.Ramasamy ellaam epdi list-la vanthaanga :o

P_R
29th March 2009, 12:32 AM
Manivannan, Dhamu, Manobala - 50-50
RS - deii idhu sikkanA?, Still I am a young :rotfl: But unfunny generally
Anumohan - rejetted.

What !

Manivannan is one of the best comedians in TFI.
avarukku mudhalla thread open paNnanum. In the late 90s he ruled TFI.

House owner-ukkE route kaaturiyA nee .... uttA en kailayE vaadagai kEppAnunga pA

P_R
29th March 2009, 12:36 AM
Dhamu .. good nomination... YGM-kku vote pirinjirumEnnu paakkurEn
Suruli and YGM are equal now.. :-(

No way is Suruli as unfunny as YGM - who just defines unfunniness

Just that I am not able to come up with Suruli examples

The barber tickling scene in Johnny Nerd yErkanavE sollittAru

There is a Sivakumar movie called Sittukkuruvi where he is passably funny in some scenes (he comes as Manorama's brother and keeps chanting :yakkOi yakkOi yakkOi ..... stupid but funny)

And of course

Thengai: oNNulErndhu ettukkuLLa oru number sollu
SuruLi; ombOdhu

Nerd
29th March 2009, 12:37 AM
Yes. Miga vanmayaana kaNdanam.

PR, you find manivannan funny but not VKR? He has an equal share of bad attempts at comedy.

Ramakrishna
29th March 2009, 12:38 AM

PR, you find manivannan funny but not VKR? He has an equal share of bad attempts at comedy.

VKR moodevi-nu solra azhagey thani :rotfl:

P_R
29th March 2009, 12:43 AM

I am not such a big fan of VKR's style. Dragging delivery. Too few good ones. But he can surely be funny

Some old movie
P1: nEththu kudichchupputtu bottle-ai neengaLE pOttu udaichitteenga
VKR: aamaam kazhudhai idhukku thaniyA aaLaa pOda mudiyum :lol:

Manivannan OTOH is very funny. Nakkal is what elevates him to another level. Other than Senthil, he is the only other comedian who can be noticed in the presence of GM. adhu evvaLo periya achievement.

P_R
29th March 2009, 01:05 AM
Aboorva Sagodharargal (sumaal role dhaan) "Atha vudu, annan baniyan size 42" scene That is not said by Mayilsami (Equa. please confirm).

It is by this other guy who I have been searching ever since.

crajkumar_be
29th March 2009, 01:29 AM
Aboorva Sagodharargal (sumaal role dhaan) "Atha vudu, annan baniyan size 42" scene That is not said by Mayilsami (Equa. please confirm).

It is by this other guy who I have been searching ever since.
Yes, i meant that scene only. Mayil starts in NT's voice in that scene :)

crajkumar_be
29th March 2009, 01:29 AM
What !

Manivannan is one of the best comedians in TFI.
avarukku mudhalla thread open paNnanum. In the late 90s he ruled TFI.

House owner-ukkE route kaaturiyA nee .... uttA en kailayE vaadagai kEppAnunga pA
:exactly:

crajkumar_be
29th March 2009, 01:31 AM
I think he belongs to the blade group of Vayyapuri,Charli, Dhamu which is usually seen in Saran films.
Actually i think they are kind of "not bad" together in Saran films :oops: but i support the nomination, second the motion, notion :)

Movie Cop
29th March 2009, 04:50 AM
Everyone in the poll list is OK except for VKR & TS! :evil:
YGM will beat everyone squarely in this poll. Knowing that YGM will win, I voted for Karunas as most of his attempts at comedy were pathetic :(
By the by, Santhanam enge pa list-la kanOm? :confused2:

Vivasaayi
29th March 2009, 07:21 AM
namma Mayilsaamy eppidi?

ushaar pathri raidu

paatcha pathiri ceeeeeeeeeeee

Thalafanz
29th March 2009, 08:32 AM

On a serious note, let me ask u something. How long you r going to 'enjoy' VV's same "brave-outside-coward-inside" based comedies??? :wink:

Arambathula irunthE, veLLai kodi pudichu pOrAttam nadathalAmnu thAn... :lol: :)

Thalafanz
29th March 2009, 08:46 AM

மறுக்கவில்லை ஜோ. ஆனால் அப்படி ஒரு time handicap நாகேஷுக்கு தேவைப் படவில்லையே.

இப்போது தான் படகோட்டியிலிருந்து ஒரு காட்சி பார்த்தேன். எங்கள் வட்டாரங்களில் ஜிம்பலக்கடி பம்பா என்று அறியப்படும் நடிகர், மீனவசங்கத்தலைவர் நாகேஷ் பகல் வேலையில் தூங்குவதைப் பார்த்துவிடுவார். உதவியாளர் (வீரப்பன் ?) அவர் தூங்கவில்லை என்றும் சிந்தனையில் இருப்பதாகவும் சொல்லி சமாளிக்க தூக்கக் கலக்கம் தெளியாமல் டைமிங்கோடு நாகேஷ் சொல்வது:

JB: தலைவரே பகல்லியுமா ?
வீ: சிந்தனையாளர்களுக்கு பகலென்ன இரவென்ன
நாகேஷ்: (சோம்பல் முறித்துக்கொண்டே) இதை நான் ஆமோதிக்கின்றேன் :rotfl:

சமகாலத்தவரான தங்கவேலுவுக்கு இதை கைகூடவில்லை என்பதே என் கருத்து.

அப்படியும் சொல்லி விட முடியாது. தங்கவேலு அவர்களின் நகைச்சுவை என்னை போற்ற பலரை (இந்த காலக் கட்டதிலும்) சிரிக்கவைக்கின்றனவே. எல்லாம் அவரவரைப் பொருத்தது என்பதே என் கருத்து. :)

பின் குறிப்பு: உங்கள் வடிவேலுவின் நகைச்சுவைகள் இன்னும் 20-30 வருடங்களுக்கு அப்புறம் உள்ளவர்களை சிரிக்க வைக்குமா என்பதை பொருத்திருந்து பார்ப்போம். :wink:

jaaze
29th March 2009, 08:54 AM
:shock: Ithuvum mod pirichu vacha thread-ah?

P_R
29th March 2009, 10:00 AM
On a serious note, let me ask u something. How long you r going to 'enjoy' VV's same "brave-outside-coward-inside" based comedies??? :wink:

How long did the world enjoy a gold-hearted man in a tramp outfit getting in and out of trouble ?

SummA oru polemics-kku sonnEn

The answer is: I will enjoy it as long as it is interesting. It is not that the routine itself is boring. There are some old duds there are some later ones which are better.

"engammA saththiyamA naan dhaadhA dA" he cries in Bagavathi after a brief stint as Chinna-Bagavthi. Didn't work

The same line in a more elaborate sequence in thalainagaram had one laughing out loud. So even if it is the 'same' he brings something new every now and then. All said I admit his click-rate has significantly gone down.

I think it is about time he did a drunken comedy - one of his best sub-genres.

thaniyA pOyi kEttA adhu thagaraaru... thanniya pOttu kEtta adhu varalaaru :lol:

P_R
29th March 2009, 10:04 AM
உங்கள் வடிவேலுவின் நகைச்சுவைகள் இன்னும் 20-30 வருடங்களுக்கு அப்புறம் உள்ளவர்களை சிரிக்க வைக்குமா என்பதை பொருத்திருந்து பார்ப்போம்

Most of his work will not. Some of it will. Even in that he will still comfortably lead he who shall not be named. :-)

P_R
29th March 2009, 10:05 AM
எல்லாம் அவரவரைப் பொருத்தது என்பதே என் கருத்து aamaam aamaam... IMO is to be asutomatically assumed.

Vivasaayi
29th March 2009, 10:08 AM
உங்கள் வடிவேலுவின் நகைச்சுவைகள் இன்னும் 20-30 வருடங்களுக்கு அப்புறம் உள்ளவர்களை சிரிக்க வைக்குமா என்பதை பொருத்திருந்து பார்ப்போம்

Most of his work will not. Some of it will. Even in that he will still comfortably lead he who shall not be named. :-)

avaru comedy ippo pakave bore adikudhu...even the supposedly funniest of him with vaiyapuri,dhamu and gang - even they sound very unfunny...IMO IMO