PDA

View Full Version : Actresses who ooze aggression in their acting

Hulkster
5th April 2009, 03:29 PM
This thread is inspired by anoushka's role as arundathi. Although not a very terrific performance her eyes really fit the role to the T especially when it came to showing bravery within despair.

I am here to "nominate" and discuss actresses who have had acted terrifically in such aggression-demanding roles("either divine or as a archetypal villainess"). Name your actresses that you think who are worthy of such or have excelled in such roles. No poll here though, only open judgment..

One we could think of and most popular whether we like it or not was Ramya Krishnan. Anybody else?

Vivasaayi
5th April 2009, 03:31 PM
Vijaya shanthi wins hands down

sarna_blr
5th April 2009, 03:32 PM
Jyothika in Chandhramukhi ..... ?

Hulkster
5th April 2009, 03:33 PM
Well jyothika i felt was superficial towards the end. She looked good as the innocent wife but the chandramukhi parts were purely scarey more because of the maiyi surrounding her ostrich egg eyes.

Vijayasanthi is i think the first actress i know of who could give you the arrogant look. I liked her in mannan alot. She is quite pretty like a femme fatale though she was never one.

Vivasaayi
5th April 2009, 03:34 PM
Well jyothika i felt was superficial towards the end. She looked good as the innocent wife but the chandramukhi parts were purely scarey more because of the maiyi surrounding her ostrich egg eyes.

:lol:

jaaze
5th April 2009, 06:12 PM
Namitha.. oops.. ooze aggression in acting-ah? naan vera nenachen :oops:

pavalamani pragasam
5th April 2009, 06:53 PM
What about T.R.Rajakumari, Banumathi, M.N.Rajam, Anjali Devi etc?

jaiganes
6th April 2009, 01:11 AM
sorna akka - inge vaanga. chinna pasanga mudhugula tin katta vendiyadhirukku.

Hulkster
6th April 2009, 07:29 AM
Not so sure about old actresses, PP maam please give me links to watch them in action. :D

pavalamani pragasam
6th April 2009, 08:37 AM
Can't you get CD's of old movies starring these veterans? You must watch them to know the truth of my post!

P_R
6th April 2009, 09:38 AM
What about T.R.Rajakumari, Banumathi, M.N.Rajam, Anjali Devi etc?

Bhanumathi of course. Aggressive as hell. Extreme alattal. Have never seen her in a non-dominant role. Very limited talent IMO.

"angONNu sirikkudhu aandhai pOl muzikkudhu
aattaththai rasikkavillE, aaLaththAn rasikkudhu"

Dance-E aadaama appuram enna aattaththai rasikkavillai :lol2: and muRaichu pAththittu irundhA latter is also out of question

I wouldn't call TRR and AD aggressive but I haven't watched match.

T.R.Rajakumari was funny trying to look seductive. kaNNai oru maadhiri kONaLA vachchikkittu oru paarvai, hilariously pathetic dancer (what's the movie where she dances to a whip, looks like she is being whipped for bad dancing !!)

pavalamani pragasam
6th April 2009, 11:41 AM
:lol:

crajkumar_be
6th April 2009, 02:40 PM
Radhika

:evil:

leosimha
6th April 2009, 03:26 PM
one scene in this movie - Arundhati (I saw a bit from the trailer/review clips) reminds me of the villi (telugu actress) from the movie dhool - expression wise.

Plum
6th April 2009, 04:12 PM
CR, Radhika's is controlled aggression mostly as I have seen? It doesnt ooze out generally right?

Ok, I get it, you are thinking of Per sollum pillai, arent you?

crajkumar_be
6th April 2009, 04:48 PM
I'm actually thinking of Seans, Selvi, Arase

Oh, serials NA-va?

Shakthiprabha.
6th April 2009, 04:53 PM
Radhika
banumathi