PDA

View Full Version : Tamil New Year Releases 2009

NOV
11th April 2009, 08:18 AM
[tscii]
This year, in Kollywood, a lot is riding on the summer biggies worth around Rs 140 crore. The first of the biggies to release was Surya’s Ayan, on April 3.

The other big budget star movies due are Vijaykanth’s Marriyathai, Arya’s Sarvvam, Vishal’s Thoranai, Jayam Ravi’s Peraanmai, Selvaraghavan’s Aayirathil Oruvan and Sarath Kumar’s Jaggu Bhai.

Nearly a dozen small movies in the Rs 3-6 crore budget range are also to be released during April, May and June. These include films like Anandha Thandavam, Pasanga, Nandhalala, Vaamanan, Krishnaleelai, Modhi Vilayadu, Kunguma Poovum Konjum Puraavum, Rajathi Raja and Nadodigal. “

Love stories made on a small budget, with good music and a story with young actors may also do well in summer,” says Sekhar, a mediator who acts as a middle man between Tamil film producers and distributors.

NOV
11th April 2009, 08:23 AM
Anyone has more details on

Sarvam (Arya is promising)

Peraanmai (Is it by Raja?)

Aayirathil Oruvan

But the film I am really looking forward to is Nandhalala :redjump: :bluejump:

Sourav
11th April 2009, 08:24 AM
Expecting Aayirathil Oruvan and Sarvvam alot.

Sanguine Sridhar
11th April 2009, 09:15 AM

Aayirathil Oruvan

But the film I am really looking forward to is Nandhalala :redjump: :bluejump:

No No ... Jananathan. Iyarkai, E padathavai eduthavar. 8-)

Sourav
11th April 2009, 09:59 AM
Ithula yethu T.N. year release? :roll:
A.T April 10,
Mariyathai April 24....
Vera? :roll: thread title-i '2009 releases'-nu maatthalaam....
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14878564&cid=2363

NOV
11th April 2009, 10:20 AM
No No ... Jananathan. Iyarkai, E padathavai eduthavar. 8-):redjump: :bluejump:
I am a fan of Jana :2thumbsup:

NOV
13th April 2009, 01:05 PM
Devar Magan at 2.30pm on Astro Vellithirai

Dasavatharam at 9.00 pm

groucho070
13th April 2009, 01:07 PM
Devar Magan at 2.30pm on Astro Vellithirai

Dasavatharam at 9.00 pm :?

Will miss one, and not interested on the other one. Or should I give small screen a try?

NOV
13th April 2009, 01:10 PM
its entertaining enough rakesh, if you can look beyond the masks. :)

NOV
14th April 2009, 08:17 AM
So, what are the films released today?

Sourav
14th April 2009, 08:24 AM
:lol2: no movies..
4 or 5 yrs b4 atleast 3 movies were releasing on Tamil new year...

sgokulprathap
14th April 2009, 09:59 AM
So, what are the films released today? inga Anjadhey main release. unga oorula 10A. :wink:

Anban
14th April 2009, 05:55 PM

Aayirathil Oruvan

But the film I am really looking forward to is Nandhalala :redjump: :bluejump: same here. but the sad news is that the release is mostly postponed to june/july or later.. all due to ayngaran's latest blockbusters.. and also they are releasing sarvam this summer...

HonestRaj
14th April 2009, 09:53 PM
Maddy's Guru En Aalu .... is set to compete with Captain's MARIYADHAI

jaaze
14th April 2009, 10:31 PM
So, what are the films released today? inga Anjadhey main release. unga oorula 10A. :wink:inge Vaaranam Aayiram :boo:

Sourav
15th April 2009, 10:26 AM
No new releases on April 14!
By Moviebuzz | Tuesday, 14 April , 2009, 11:36

For the first time in the history of Tamil films, there were no new releases this April 14, 2009!

Traditionally with the advent of commercial cinema taking roots from 1940’s, April 14 was considered an auspicious time to release new films as it was celebrated as Tamil New Year.

But with the DMK government declaring January 14 as Tamil New Year day from 2009, April 14, has lost its sheen. Added to that producer’s were not willing to take a chance with IPL and Lok Sabha elections around the corner.

From this year, Tamil television will celebrate April 14 as Chithirai Thirunaal, with film based programmes dominating the show. The big films to be premiered as specials on the day include- Anjaathey, Polladhavan, Raman Thediya Seethai, Naan Avan Illai etc.

Some all timers in the industry are nostalgic. Says a veteran producer who no longer makes movies: “ I think April 14 is a symbolic day for Tamil films as it heralds the beginning of the summer season and to start on a new slate as all these years we celebrated it as Varsha Pirappu. The tradition should have continued and as far as IPL is concerned, there is no alternative as movies have to co-exist with cricket in future.”

Meanwhile next three Friday’s will see the release of eight small movies- Naal Nakshthrangal, Enga Raasi Nala Rasi ( both on April 17) Mariyadai, Kunguma Poovum Konju Pooravum, Guru En Aalu (all on April 24), Rajathi Raja, Mattu Thavani, Brahmadeva (all scheduled on May 1) etc. Let us hope these small movies will bring some cheer to the industry.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14880603 [tscii:391f86edbb][/tscii:391f86edbb]

Nov, neenga ennana tamil new year releases - 2009 nu thread start pannirukkeenga... :lol:

jaaze
15th April 2009, 10:48 AM
No new releases on April 14!
By Moviebuzz | Tuesday, 14 April , 2009, 11:36

ok end topic
pootu pottings :wave:

Raikkonen
15th April 2009, 12:43 PM
guru en aalu :rotfl: last year diwali release nu sonnanga..