PDA

View Full Version : What was the Last Ilaiyaraja song you listened to?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

tvsankar
12th June 2009, 09:22 PM
Dear Jaigane,
enna song - neenga solradhu.. solla nmudiyuma.. pl

tvsankar
12th June 2009, 09:25 PM
Sumam Prathi Sumam manasulerundhu pogave maatengaradhu. That too, I am playing it only in my mind - physical media-la illai...

Plum,
Hahhahaha.. enna oru description... :lol:

kelungo. Naan 10 naala - innikum serthi - kaetundu
iruken.

But - Karugu mani - win panniduthu.......

jaiganes
12th June 2009, 10:11 PM
Dear Jaigane,
enna song - neenga solradhu.. solla nmudiyuma.. pl

Enna senjalum from Azhagar malai

For a change - I liked Tippu's voice here.

tvsankar
13th June 2009, 11:00 AM
Dear jaiganes,
Thank you. song kaekaren ipo.

ajithfederer
13th June 2009, 11:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpGo4T5I5II

Malaysia Vasudevan has to be my most fav singer :D.

ajithfederer
13th June 2009, 11:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFkHedDXIFs&feature=related

Padikathavan(Rajni) is a fantastic album :D.

ajithfederer
14th June 2009, 12:15 AM
maasi maasam aaLaana poNNu maaman enakkuthaanE
naaLai eNNi naan kaathirundhaen maaman unakkuthaanE
poovOdu oaOaoa thEanaada
thaenoadu oaOaoa neeyaadu..O..O..

..........................maasi................... ............

aasai nooraachchu pOnga nilavu vandhaachu vaanga
nerunga nerunga porungap porunga Oho...hO....
ae aasai naan koNNdu vandhaal aLLith thEankoLLa vandhaaL
mayangi kiranga kirangi uRanga Oho...hO...
veppam padarudhu padarudhu
veppam vaLarudhu vaLarudhu
kottum paniyilae paniyilae
ottum uravilE uravilE
O..O..oh..oh..

kaamaleelaa vinOdham kaadhal kavithaa vilaasam
padiththup padiththu edukka edukka Ohoo hO..
aasai aagaa pramaadham mOgak kavithaap pravaagam
thoduthuth thoduththu mudikka mudikka Oho..hO..
kodidhaan thavazhudhu thavazhudhu
pooppOl sirikkudhu sirikkudhu
uRavum nerungudhu nerungudhu
ulagam mayangudhu urangudhu oaoaoa...
O..O..oh..oh..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP65iPKArOs&feature=fvw

baroque
14th June 2009, 01:07 AM
சக்கரைப் பந்தல் ....மழை மேகம் மூடும் நேரம்......ஆஷா போன்சலே

Shri.IR has treated the melody with utmost care, love and respect with a melodious orchestration - prelude aalap and violin, delicate flute interlude with humming, tabla rhythm... :swinghead:

மழை மேகம் மூடும் நேரம் alluring musical in this serene cloudy early morning walk..
WOW! words can't express the அமைதியான சுகம் :musicsmile:

:ty: இளையராஜா
வினதா. :)

Sureshs65
14th June 2009, 12:03 PM
Yesterday (Saturday) there was program on ETV titled 'Kuhu Kuhu', which was dedicated to Illyaraja's Telugu songs. It was a continuation from last week it seems. My wife had seen the earlier week and remembered it this week. They put up some lovely song. "Ghallu Ghallu' (Swarnakamalam), 'Vayari Godaramma' (Preminchi Pelladu), 'Sahasam Na Ratham' (Maharishi), songs from Geetanjali and from Tamil dubbed movies like Anjali and Agni Nakshatram (Gharshana).

The two songs which I have not heard often and I was delighted to hear yesterday were 'Nirantaram Vasantamu' (Preminchi Pelladu) and 'Janaki Anukoledu' (Rajkumar). The second one was a stunner. For some unfathomable reason I have never heard this song earlier and it was indeed one of those 'wow' discovery moments. As good as any Suddha Saveri that Raja has tune. Wonderfully sung by Balu and Susheela. Susheela's voice drips with honey. Immediately go online, checked for the mp3 and downloaded it. In case someone wants to check out this Suddha Saveri beauty, go to this link. It song no 51 in the first set. Movie name 'Rajkumar'. Been in a loop now.

Sureshs65
14th June 2009, 12:04 PM
Missed giving the link for the Rajkumar song. Here it is:

http://telugucinema2.blogspot.com/2008_03_01_archive.html

tvsankar
14th June 2009, 12:06 PM
Suresh,
Nirantharam vasantamu and Janaki anukoledu

indha songs kaetu dhan - Telugu songs
melae kiruku agiten.........

Sureshs65
14th June 2009, 11:36 PM
Usha,

I don't blame you. These are gems and I still wonder how this man can adapt his music to different regions and give such wonderful songs to us.

Was listening to Mahadev's songs after reading jai's post and I have to say I have missed them till now!! Didn't try the Mohd Aziz song but the Asha song and the duet are top class.

jaiganes
15th June 2009, 12:13 AM
Usha,

I don't blame you. These are gems and I still wonder how this man can adapt his music to different regions and give such wonderful songs to us.

Was listening to Mahadev's songs after reading jai's post and I have to say I have missed them till now!! Didn't try the Mohd Aziz song but the Asha song and the duet are top class.

Right now I am swinging to Swarna kamalam...
But I must confess that Mahaadev caught me by total surprise.
Fikr na kar pyaare and Raat bar are absolute bluish delights.

ajithfederer
15th June 2009, 01:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PJYkEzYpaw&feature=related

Anjali, anjali.. from anjali.

ajithfederer
15th June 2009, 01:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZtjzMVXBzY

What a rare gem, Raaja :notworthy:

ajithfederer
15th June 2009, 01:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9kPyo8utS8&feature=related

Ada ada ada :clap:

swathy
15th June 2009, 12:06 PM
Poo malarndhida nadamidum pon mayile
nindradum un paadham pon paadham
vizhigalal iravinai vidiya vidu - Tik Tik Tik

tvsankar
15th June 2009, 12:06 PM
af,
Thallatu padavaa - enkau romba pidicha
songs .
thanks for the you tubes....

thumburu
15th June 2009, 06:40 PM
af, "varaadhu vandha nayagan" is absolutely fabulous. This, along with "ammamammaa" are 2 lovely sudhadhanyasis from the same movie.
In the former, I particularly love the first interlude beginning where it starts with a brief flute , guitar also joining and guitar hands over to violins and then violins hand over to flute part . The briskly paced beats with drums, tabla , congos sustains the interest throughout

ajithfederer
15th June 2009, 09:32 PM
Ah, the pleasure is mine usha madam and thumburu.

Sureshs65
15th June 2009, 09:46 PM
I discovered 'Taalathu Paadava' very recently and this particular song has been playing in my car regularly. Excellent rhythm, as thumburu points out.

app_engine
15th June 2009, 09:56 PM
Napolean (adhu dhAnga, Arun mozhi, one who plays flute in IR's team and sang 'varAdhu vandha nAyakan') is one of the n # of male singers that IR introduced who sang romantic songs like "bhakthippAdalgaL" (the recent torturer is Madhu B in AM).

In spite of him, that song is a gem:-)

Plum
15th June 2009, 10:10 PM
Arunmozhi koral parthibanukku romba porundhumnu oru aidheegam 90's TFM-la...

Sureshs65
15th June 2009, 10:59 PM
app,

Very true about Arun Mozhi. He got some nice tunes from IR but very lifeless singing.

app_engine
15th June 2009, 11:16 PM
Just to give due credits to such male singers - it's possible that they can emote well, but something stopped them all from doing so, under IR's baton.

Sounds like all of them try to "impress upon him" or in a "sing to get his approval" mode, which wasn't the case with SPB/KJY/MV who sang naturally.

tvsankar
16th June 2009, 02:09 AM
ARun mozhi - I like his voice.

Nalla padalai nu ungaluku ellam yen thondhu........

Dharma seelan

Thendral varum

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/albums/ALBIRR00116.html

Nalla dhanae iruku.......

some time - Hero yaru - avanga character enna nu
gara oru limit - la result ipadi irundhu
irukalam. I felt like that.

kr
16th June 2009, 08:09 PM
Songs 1-7 from Manikandan Geethmala are the ones that I have been lsitenting to continuously for the past month. I dont know if you have listened to these songs. They are so addictive - brilliant tunes so soulfully sung by IR - they keep ringing in my ears all day & night. If you havent listened to them, I would recommend listen to them 2-3 times and I think you will get hooked on to it.

Sureshs65
16th June 2009, 10:09 PM
kr,

Manikandan Geeta Mala was in a loop for weeks together when it was released. I still play atleast a couple of times a week. It has been an underrated album. Every tune is good and the orchestration, though minimal in some cases, is very effective.

Sanjeevi
16th June 2009, 11:48 PM
http://www.thiraipaadal.com/TPplayer.asp?sngs=%27SNGIRR3387%27

my all time favourite song :). We can not rate this song under particular genre, may be we can create a new genre 'IR folk gana'. IMO highly enjoyable song especially towards end :D

For Valmiki song lovers, this is the elder brother of 'Ennda Pandi' :cool2:

thumburu
17th June 2009, 01:46 PM
My last heard Raja song is " ManasukkuLLa nayana satham naan ketten" sung by Arunmozhi and Janaki from a dud called "pudhupatti ponnuthaayi". Raja uses a "tough to compose" raga called Harikambodhi very effectively . The flute response to Janaki singing, "naan ketten" is the trademark signature of Harikambodhi . In "PUDHUPATTI.." album , Raja does a wonderful marriage between carnatic music and folk. Arunmozhi may be singing "shruthi sudham", but for film music, his voice lacks the required punch or brightness. Never mind, he compensates with his brilliant flute

ajithfederer
18th June 2009, 01:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbh_3ujw8MU

Sorgathin vasapadi - Unnai solli kutramillai.

ajithfederer
18th June 2009, 09:41 PM
Enna lyrics, enna meesik :notworthy: again. Kushboo and parthiban are good too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZtjzMVXBzY

What a rare gem, Raaja :notworthy:

ajithfederer
18th June 2009, 10:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_akugRiBjtc

What an enjoyable and funny song. The movie is right up there in one of the best Indian movies.

Sureshs65
19th June 2009, 12:12 AM
Sanjeevi,

With you on the 'Jakkamma' song. Excellently composed. It is not just that the singers are singing in a 'drunken' voice but the tune itself moves that way, as if a bit drunk and doesn't know where to go initially and later a sudden burst of clarity. I heard all songs of this movie only very recently. Was initially taken by the melodies in this movie but once I heard this song carefully this became a favorite. The way the beat is given to the song is a lesson in composing.

baroque
19th June 2009, 07:20 AM
EXQUISITE ORCHESTRATION :thumbsup:
POSTLUDE LURES YOU BACK TO THE ALLURING TUNE... :musicsmile:
RADIANT SINGING BY JANU... :ty:

NAAN ERUKKUM... FOR ME THIS HOT SUMMER AFTERNOON WHILE DRIVING!

நான் இருக்கும் அந்த நாள் வரைக்கும்
நெஞ்சில் வாழும் பந்தமே
சிந்து பாடும் சொந்தமே
வான் வரைக்கும் எண்ணமும் பறக்கும்

காலங்கள் யாவும் உன்னை
கண் குளிர காணும்
கோலங்கள் தானே எந்தன் நிம்மதிக்குப் போதும்
காலங்கள் யாவும் உன்னை
கண் குளிர காணும்
கோலங்கள் தானே எந்தன் நிம்மதிக்குப் போதும்
நீவாழும் இதயம் முழுதும் ஏக்கங்கள்
இல்லை தூக்கங்கள்
இனி என்னோடு உன் எண்ணம் ஒன்றாகும்
இனி என்ன, நான் இருக்கும் அந்த நாள் வரைக்கும்

என் வாழ்வின் இன்பமெல்லாம் நீ கொடுத்த எண்ணம்
ஏங்காமல் ஏங்கும் இங்கே பெண்மை என்ற வண்ணம்
என் வாழ்வின் இன்பமெல்லாம் நீ கொடுத்த எண்ணம்
ஏங்காமல் ஏங்கும் இங்கே பெண்மை என்ற வண்ணம்
எங்கெங்கோ எனது மனது ஓடட்டும் ..... இன்பம் பாடட்டும்
இனி ஏதேதோ என் நெஞ்சில் கூடட்டும்
இனி என்ன, நான் இருக்கும் அந்த நாள் வரைக்கும்
நெஞ்சில் வாழும் பந்தமே
சிந்து பாடும் சொந்தமே
வான் வரைக்கும் எண்ணமும் பறக்கும்

ஜானகி...... sublime இளையராஜா.....அழகிய கண்ணே
vinatha. :)

Sanjeevi
19th June 2009, 11:43 AM
Sanjeevi,

With you on the 'Jakkamma' song. Excellently composed. It is not just that the singers are singing in a 'drunken' voice but the tune itself moves that way, as if a bit drunk and doesn't know where to go initially and later a sudden burst of clarity. I heard all songs of this movie only very recently. Was initially taken by the melodies in this movie but once I heard this song carefully this became a favorite. The way the beat is given to the song is a lesson in composing.

a very under appreciated song indeed :(. During SMK time, dinamani kadhir a supplement of Dinamani had an excellent 2 page article only about this song. If anybody can find the article in online, please post the link here.

crajkumar_be
19th June 2009, 03:26 PM

What an enjoyable and funny song. The movie is right up there in one of the best Indian movies.
:ty: And one of the best BGM's ever composed in the history of motion pictures
Doubt irundha please check out this piece (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv8_hgiqlhA) from 0:25 onwards, or the bit from 1:21 onwards. God.

Indha padam rendu vishayathukkaga pakkalaam - IR and Raghuvaran
I've been looking for any online link to listen to the Hindi version of this song ("Police Police") but in vain.. yaravahdu link irundha kudunga please

Sureshs65
19th June 2009, 05:12 PM
thumburu,

Any link to listen to the song you mentioned in 'Puthupati..' Thiraipaadal doesn't seem to have it. Haven't heard any songs from this movie except 'Ooru Sanam'.

thumburu
19th June 2009, 06:12 PM
hi suresh, I normally don't listen to online songs. I heard it thru my audio CD . But I have this song only from that album.
While shopping at spar, I heard a faint "thuLasi dhala mulache" of HTNI being played and decided to give a listen. If Raja were to adorn even a few kruthi beauties of the trinity [Thyagaraja/Dikshadhar/Shyama ShastrigaL) with his hand picked exquisite wcm pieces the way he did for this one, then my existence is worth all the pain :)
Ofcourse there are my other favourites from HTNI , but "thuLasi dhala" transports me to the divine abode of HIM and I get emotional

ajithfederer
19th June 2009, 08:47 PM
Indha oorula nalla padangalai ellam National film registryla seppaingalamaa andha madhiri indha padathayum namma oorula serkka sollanum.

:D.

:ty: And one of the best BGM's ever composed in the history of motion pictures
Doubt irundha please check out this piece (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv8_hgiqlhA) from 0:25 onwards, or the bit from 1:21 onwards. God.

Indha padam rendu vishayathukkaga pakkalaam - IR and Raghuvaran
I've been looking for any online link to listen to the Hindi version of this song ("Police Police") but in vain.. yaravahdu link irundha kudunga please

app_engine
19th June 2009, 10:28 PM
With the onslaught of many albums recently by IR, the nice score for nandhalAlA seems to get underappreciated, IMO.

(I don't know about how these songs are received in TN. போதாக்குறைக்கு மிஷ்கினைத்திட்டியதில் கொஞ்சம் நெகடிவ் பப்ளிசிட்டி வேற)

The three songs - mella oorndhu oorndhu, onnukkoNNu thuNai & kai veesi nadakkuRa kAtRE are continuously in my play list for the last few days. I'm especially fond of 'kai veesi' which is kind of a different number from IR's output - much like how 'pudhiya poovidhu, pooththadhu' was one of a kind.

IMO, IR should have asked Vijay to sing 'oNNukkoNNu' as well. He would have coolly replaced his dad for that song and even sounded better, under current conditions.

rajkumarc
20th June 2009, 07:18 PM
I have been listening to Theertha Karaidhanile Senbaga Pushpangale from the movie Thaipongal. A haunting classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu6xwjdjujQ

I recommend not watching the song picturization as it will ruin the mood of the song completely :)

PraveenC31
20th June 2009, 11:29 PM
Mullum malarum - adi penne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmQZ9GMt71M

I actually saw the film for the first time today... And loved it.. though senthalam poovil is the most popular song in this movie, adi penne is my personal fav..

Jency's voice and also great picturization...

:clap:

tvsankar
21st June 2009, 11:32 AM
Dear Praveen,
Nice one. Thanks for the youtube.

IR - Jency - Great Combo....

tvsankar
21st June 2009, 11:34 AM
Suresh,
Thanks for "Unna yaru"
Beautiful one.

IR in Love song -

Pennin Kadhal - Epavum Beauty dhan. IR composition la.......

Haunting Tune.
Hamsadhwani ya ...

Sureshs65
21st June 2009, 11:42 AM
Usha,

'Unna Enakku' is indeed Hamsadhwani.

tvsankar
21st June 2009, 11:45 AM
Suresh,
Thanks.

Bhavdharani - bhavam varudhu ipo ipo.

konjamae varum Chorus

Amamn dhan Amman dhan.. OOsai dhan OOsai dhan.

Nice.......

Sureshs65
21st June 2009, 08:45 PM
What I am listening now coincides with what Usha has posted in the song of the day thread. 'Nirantharamu Vasanthamule' from Preminchi Pelladu.

Plum
21st June 2009, 09:20 PM
Suresh, usha, this is freaky. Have been looping on vayyari godaaramma last 2 days!
I haven't heard of this movie but caught these songs a year ago. Even during the assembly line peak of his in telgu, out comes such a unique stunner of an album.
Vayyari godaaramma is really a delicous song. You can feel the gentle mild waves of godaaramma lapping your feet, though the reference to godavar is purely metaphorical here. There is something intensely telugu and godavari about this song that I can't place my fingers on. The thick green groves and the smell of fresh mud is what I get here...

Plum
21st June 2009, 09:25 PM
This album is as much spb-janaki's as IR's.
I always thought voice was a functional necessity for IR but once very often, you get songs like this which tells you he is very aware of the utility of voices as an instrument by itself. That SPB is a part of many of these probably tells us why he stuck to them instead of experimenting. Consider this:
Nijamu naa swapnam - SPB, with janaki humming just that microsec inbetween. The economy of that humming in janaki's voice is a measured and deliberate tool in Raja's hands.

The melodies in various parts of the song escalate, as Suresh observed in other contexts, and keep surprising you with the turns.

What is important is that this is similar to Sumam prathi sumam in that sense but at the same time, it is not the suffocating, continuous escalation of melody stakes. Here, IR gives us enough seconds to absorb one melody before giving another - the net effect is one of sitting on a boat parked near the shore on Godavari on a moonlit night with your beloved, and partaking the simple pleasures of the waves lapping your feet, and the company of sweet nothings.
The lyrics deserve a mention, too. Is it Veturi, Suresh? Sweet nothings never got more melodious words, and lighter or effortlessly weightless profundity.
Stanza:
SPB: Nijamu naa swapnam // My dream IS reality
ho ho - minute humming by S Janaki
Janaki: kalanO lEnO // I may be there, then again I might
be an illusion
SPB: Neevu naa sathyam // You are my reality
ho ho - minute humming by S Janaki, modified from previous time
Janaki: avunO kaanO // Oh, really! Maybe, not!
SPB: Ooha neevai, usuruko raave // if you are an illusion, why dont you just become real?

And so on.... my limited grasp of telugu could only translate so much but while I might be exaggerating ordinary lyrics for all I know, I find the sweet nothings here, the teasing between the girl and the boy, pretty interesting.

Sureshs65
21st June 2009, 09:26 PM
Very true Plum. There are some songs which have this complete 'Telugu' character. 'Kinnarasani Vacchindi' is one more such song. Don't know how he does it but it is definitely magical. There is infact a small bit song which starts 'Ladies Tailor' and it is absolutely Godavari / Rajamundry stuff.

'Vayyari Godaramma' has been in a loop in my car. I haven't seen this movie but trying to get hold of it. I think I have seen most of Vamsi / Rajendra Prasad combo. Don't know how I missed this one.

ajithfederer
21st June 2009, 11:39 PM
The Godfather of all songs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy-DZpEEOg4&feature=related)

tvsankar
22nd June 2009, 11:09 AM
Suresh and Plum,
Enaku Telugu film per kuda theiryadhu.
Just telugu songs nu search panninen.
Idhai parthen.

Preminchi pelladu - ella paataiyum kaeten,
Very nice.
Nirandharam - Romba pidichadhu.

tvsankar
22nd June 2009, 11:11 AM
I always thought voice was a functional necessity for IR but once very often, you get songs like this which tells you he is very aware of the utility of voices as an instrument by itself. That SPB is a part of many of these probably tells us why he stuck to them instead of experimenting. Consider this:
Nijamu naa swapnam - SPB, with janaki humming just that microsec inbetween. The economy of that humming in janaki's voice is a measured and deliberate tool in Raja's hands. Will continue this later - mobilelerundhu romba kashtama irukku type paNNa

NIce coments Plum.

Romba alatikadhae - kai valichalum paravailai.
Pl contine about the song and pl complete the one.

tvsankar
22nd June 2009, 11:15 AM
af,
Thanks for the you tube.

Stanza irundhal nalla irukum - ipadi
oru thought dhan varum - indha paatai
ovvoru time kaekum podhum....

app_engine
22nd June 2009, 07:27 PM
பாட்டுச்சொல்லி, பாடச்சொல்லி, குங்குமம் வந்ததம்மா :-)

சாதனாவின் இனிய குரலில் நல்ல அருமையான "ட்ரென்ட் செட்டெர்" பாடல்.

பல வருடங்கள் கழிந்தாலும் அப்படியே ஃப்ரெஷ்ஷா இருக்கு!

Plum
22nd June 2009, 08:16 PM
Romba alatikadhae - kai valichalum paravailai.
Pl contine about the song and pl complete the one

Just updated that post, Usha and Suresh.
P.S:Suresh, please ignore the errors in translation, if any. As the dreamy lover says in the song, "if you are an illusion, then become my reality" so similarly, "if my translation being correct is an illusion, let that be my reality" for the sweetness of that nothing-song is quite nice for me

ajithfederer
22nd June 2009, 10:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwxeOMWWgXY&feature=related

Mano's voice :clap:.

tvsankar
23rd June 2009, 12:34 AM
Nijamu naa swapnam - SPB, with janaki humming just that microsec inbetween. The economy of that humming in janaki's voice is a measured and deliberate tool in Raja's hands.

The melodies in various parts of the song escalate, as Suresh observed in other contexts, and keep surprising you with the turns.

What is important is that this is similar to Sumam prathi sumam in that sense but at the same time, it is not the suffocating, continuous escalation of melody stakes. Here, IR gives us enough seconds to absorb one melody before giving another - the net effect is one of sitting on a boat parked near the shore on Godavari on a moonlit night with your beloved, and partaking the simple pleasures of the waves lapping your feet, and the company of sweet nothings.
The lyrics deserve a mention, too. Is it Veturi, Suresh? Sweet nothings never got more melodious words, and lighter or effortlessly weightless profundity.
Stanza:
SPB: Nijamu naa swapnam // My dream IS reality
be an illusion
SPB: Ooha neevai, usuruko raave // if you are an illusion, why dont you just become real?

And so on.... my limited grasp of telugu could only translate so much but while I might be exaggerating ordinary lyrics for all I know, I find the sweet nothings here, the teasing between the girl and the boy, pretty interesting.

Plum,
Thanks a ton.
romba azhaga solli irukeenga.

"SPB: Nijamu naa swapnam // My dream IS reality
be an illusion
SPB: Ooha neevai, usuruko raave // if you are an illusion,

Paatoda flow madhiryae unga writings um irundhadhu.
Nice.

Thank you Once again Plum.
Menakettu - edit seidhadharku.........

tvsankar
23rd June 2009, 12:36 AM
af,
Thanks for the you tube.
Mano voice - enaku pidikum.

tvsankar
23rd June 2009, 01:46 AM
பாட்டுச்சொல்லி, பாடச்சொல்லி, குங்குமம் வந்ததம்மா :-)

சாதனாவின் இனிய குரலில் நல்ல அருமையான "ட்ரென்ட் செட்டெர்" பாடல்.

பல வருடங்கள் கழிந்தாலும் அப்படியே ஃப்ரெஷ்ஷா இருக்கு!

Ungalin comments - paatai kaeka vaithadhu.
Instruments ellam - enna oru Sharp........

THanks app....

app_engine
23rd June 2009, 02:41 AM
You're welcome Usha Chechi!

I used to have a cassette that had kAsi & azhagi which was a regular during our long car rides in India during the time those albums came out (2002?)

Last weekend was a 9 / 9 (up / down) hour drive and playing some azhagi / kAsi songs created a kind of nostalgia:-)

As there had been a bombardment of similar songs this year (azhagar malai & vAlmiki have songs of style similar to oLiyilE & pAttuchcholli), couldn't help but kept comparing the new ones with these.

oLiyilE therivadhu has lost its shine IMO, as the "new sounds" factor has now waned. OTOH, pAttuchcholli sounds phenomenal even now! My only complain is lack of bass guitar in the song :-(

Another song that created a lump in the throat is 'AththOraththilE, Ala maram, Ala maram'...dont know why, all the kAsi songs except 'nAn kANum ulagangaL' are depressing and 'AththOraththilE' tops them all.

I was also reminded of the loud way we played mAnuththOlu koNdu many years back while driving from Thrissur to Palakkad after a marriage (after a few kingfishers, with a couple of young keralite engineers cheering...terrific speed as well, had it been here (i.e. in U.S.) definite arrest:-)

Sureshs65
23rd June 2009, 09:21 AM
Plum,

You have done a nice job of the translation. I have been hearing the song in my car and did not give the lyrics the attention they required. Your post now makes me do that!! Looks like it is Veturi who is the lyricist.

Sureshs65
23rd June 2009, 09:23 AM
app_end,

A small digression.

The couple of times that I have driven between Palghat, Trichur and Guruvayoor, I am convinced that police guys will arrest you only if you are _not_ drunk. I mean, everyone around there drives as if they are fully drunk!!

End Digression.

tvsankar
23rd June 2009, 12:36 PM
app,
Thanks for the response.

Kaasi - adhigam kaeka maten. romba sogam.

IR sogam padal - kaearadhukae enaku bayam. hahhaa.

tvsankar
23rd June 2009, 12:43 PM
Thendral nee from Thandhu vitten ennai.

app_engine
23rd June 2009, 07:15 PM
Sureshs65 :-)

nalla observation :-)

"என்றென்றும் ஆனந்தமே, இன்பங்கள் ஆயிரமே" this morning while driving to work.

What a song!

tvsankar
23rd June 2009, 10:16 PM
En vaazhvilae - Jhonny

crajkumar_be
23rd June 2009, 10:26 PM
Sureshs65 :-)

nalla observation :-)

"என்றென்றும் ஆனந்தமே, இன்பங்கள் ஆயிரமே" this morning while driving to work.

What a song!
And a great song to listen to in that situation :)

Sureshs65
23rd June 2009, 11:08 PM
'Enrenrum Anandhame' a lovely song.

Listening to Prem Kahani songs and loving all the female solos.

sivasub
24th June 2009, 12:31 AM
I am into the fast Telugu songs right now, they are real fun though they seem to be following a pattern. Will post them one by one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr_lTetZsyY

This starts like Vanithamani but goes into a tangent with fast and slow words interspersed so beautifully.

sivasub
24th June 2009, 12:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZvsIQpkHYk&feature=PlayList&p=CB5BD16CF1700126&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=42

sivasub
24th June 2009, 12:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16WwVhQHmzI&feature=related from Rudranetra.......

sivasub
24th June 2009, 12:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJtHKkrq3dg from Marana Mrudangam

sivasub
24th June 2009, 12:51 AM
having given all these, it's the slow beauty that kills you all the way through... another gem from rudranetra...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNsTJa5Zaiw&feature=related

wow....

sivasub
24th June 2009, 02:05 AM
http://www.thiraipaadal.com/TPplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR0792'

tvsankar
24th June 2009, 12:04 PM
sivasub,
Thanks for the youtubes.

Ek tho - Nice one .

ajithfederer
26th June 2009, 04:59 AM
http://thiraipaadal.com/albums/ALBIRR00521.html

Idhu thaan - :musicsmile:

Is there any thread in this section for Ilaiyaraaja the singer??. :huh:

Querida
26th June 2009, 06:11 AM
This song often comes to mind and pleasantly revives its beauty each time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttY18avntAs

Sureshs65
26th June 2009, 10:29 AM
Querida,

Lovely selection. This Hamsadhwani number never ever fails to please. Thanks for the link. What a tune and lovely singing.

thumburu
26th June 2009, 02:24 PM
It is plain good luck that sadhana managed to garner NA for "pattu solli". She desperately tries to reach the higher notes and falls flat during the charanam opening lines. Despite her, it is a good composition. The nadhaswaram starts off with "maand" raga and the main song is Shivaranjini. I particularly like the flute thruout the song[Napolean?]

Sureshs65
27th June 2009, 02:22 PM
Illayaraja hour continued in ETV today morning ( 9 to 10 am). Mostly well known songs. Loved watching 'Siva Poojaku Chigurinchina Siri Siri Muvva' again. They also screened Plum's favorite, 'Sumam Prati Sumam'. Also had 'Gopi Lola' from Ladies Tailor. But the song which attracted me again was 'Anjali Anjali Anjali' (the Telugu dubbed version). An incessant beat, uncompromising interludes, great bass work backing an excellent tune. This is a text book example of how to compose a children's song which is not childish!!! Maniratnam and Madhu Ambat do a good of the picturisation.

ajithfederer
27th June 2009, 11:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9V09CJZvyY&feature=related

Not a great song but nevertheless worth listening.

raagas
30th June 2009, 01:27 PM
"Kai Veesi" from Nandhalaala has been in loop since last 30mins. Absolutely under-rated composition. Probably Maniratnam would have taken this song, if he were working with IR. Absolutely brilliant. I wish someone translates this song into english. i want to understand the lyrics.
This song is a Gem from Ilaiyaraaja.

kj
30th June 2009, 07:50 PM
2009 has reinforced an almost lost passion for IR's music. I have listened to Rangu Rangu atleast 25 times consecutively. No one else in recent times has made that kind of obsessive impact on me.

kiru
1st July 2009, 10:28 AM
2009 has reinforced an almost lost passion for IR's music. I have listened to Rangu Rangu atleast 25 times consecutively. No one else in recent times has made that kind of obsessive impact on me.
I am loving it too..in my case the song is oLItharum from valmiki. This song could be in the career best/all time hit of a soft rock/pop star (eg. Elton John) in the US/Europe.
Raja returns to his folk idioms (azhagar malar.enna senjalum, baagayadha balegar.balegaara etc) while still delivering fresh enjoyable tunes.
He creates catchy rhythms from scratch without using loops successfully in azhagar malai.karugamani and nannavannu.muthuthura. He brings the dance elements in his old tune by overlaying a celtic fiddle tune over it in prem kahani.rangu rangu.
He is in his own elements when he switches rhythms out and in, interludes without drums etc. You dont realize these or when the bass guitar is playing or not or when the strings start and end, while he has your mind completely focussed on the melody and providing you with immense musical satisfaction.
IR seems to be thumbing his nose up the current film music grammar and that he can create music from scratch and does not need all the gadgets/devices/computers etc in vogue these days.
Amazing !!!

Sureshs65
1st July 2009, 10:47 AM
Very well put kiru. This year has been great for all of us who love his music. And as you rightly said, he is still creating stuff from scratch. Added to it has been the variety. From folk to devotional to dance to western and everything in between.

app_engine
1st July 2009, 11:17 PM
மற்றுமொரு 9 மணிநேர ட்ரைவ்.

நள்ளிரவில் குடும்பத்தினர் எல்லோரும் உறங்கிப்போய்விட நமக்குத்துணை பாட்டுக்கள் தாம்! 100% நம்ம தெரிந்தெடுப்பும் கூட:-)

ரொம்ப நாளைக்கப்புறம் 'பூங்காற்று திரும்புமா' மீண்டும் மீண்டும்! ரொம்ப சுகமான அனுபவம், அதிலும் அந்தக்கடைசி பாகம், ஆஹா!
======

கொஞ்சம் பாருங்க...குயில் நானுங்க...

உடனே அந்தத்திரைக்காட்சி நம் கண் முன்னால் வருவது தவிர்க்க முடியாதது :-)

அதே மாதிரி, அந்தக்குழலோசை, அட அட!

நீ தானா அந்தக்குயில் - poppOm

நான் தானே அந்தக்குயில் - poppOm

"மனம் லேசாகிறது"ன்னு வாசிச்சிருக்கோம், உண்மயில் அந்தக்குழல் சத்தம் கேட்கும் போது மனதில் அப்படி ஒரு உற்சாகம், பறவை போன்ற உணர்வு, ஆனந்தம்!

jaiganes
1st July 2009, 11:25 PM
i remember another long drive and if i need ' Relaxed focus' the only CD i pick is Thiruvasagam. Adhu maadhiri 'vizhippunarvil meyyunarvu' kodukkum isai - i have not heard in recent times.

ajithfederer
2nd July 2009, 12:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1FcuIQi8lI

First 30 seconds enna oru feeling. KJY/IR/Sathyaraj :notworthy:

crajkumar_be
2nd July 2009, 02:40 AM
"Oru Naal Andha Oru Naal" - (Devadhai)
Raaja pop :musicsmile:
Beautiful song, and SJ amma in top form :thumbsup:
Lovely percussion, strings, chorus and slap/pop bass
Grossly overlooked and underrated song.

crajkumar_be
2nd July 2009, 02:44 AM

Was listening to this song just a few minutes back (prelude mattume 12 times)

The bottom line is the ISI/ISO/Agmark Raaja bass line starting at 00:05 :notworthy:
Anga aramichu, bass lines poitte irukkum, running counter to the main melody and also harmony to the vocals/strings (00:25 and 00:33)

Feddy,
If you haven't already, do check out Paattu Enge (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpGo4T5I5II&feature=related) from the same movie :musicsmile:

ajithfederer
2nd July 2009, 03:31 AM
Yes yes adhukku peru prelude aa, okok. Enakku adhoda peru theriala.

I have listened to that song many times. 7 months kku munnadi oru comment kooda ezhuthirukein. :D.

The bottom line is the ISI/ISO/Agmark Raaja bass line starting at 00:05 :notworthy:
Anga aramichu, bass lines poitte irukkum, running counter to the main melody and also harmony to the vocals/strings (00:25 and 00:33)

Feddy,
If you haven't already, do check out Paattu Enge (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpGo4T5I5II&feature=related) from the same movie :musicsmile:

rajkumarc
2nd July 2009, 12:40 PM

Feddy,
An unforgettable song with a stunning prelude.

crajkumar_be - unga description of the prelude and the bass lines :thumbsup: That's the piece that I enjoy the most in this song.

tvsankar
2nd July 2009, 08:17 PM
Thaena odum oda karaiyae

both versions by Sujatha and IR.

IR's Flute. idhu podhum enaku.

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/albums/ALBIRR00076.html

unnoticed songs. Rare GEM.

Sureshs65
2nd July 2009, 09:45 PM
'Thaena odum oda karaiyae'. Lovely song Usha. Never heard this song before. Seems to be based on Madhyamavathi. Reminds me of another lovely female solo from 'Raman Abdulla', 'Sittagatti Pen Oruthi'

What you are doing is very bad Usha :) As it is we are breathless not knowing whether to listen to 'Valmiki' or 'Azhagar Malai' or 'Bagyada Balegara' or 'Prem Kahani' and you come up with some unheard gems. As Vadivelu says 'Ippove Kanna Kattude' :)

Sureshs65
3rd July 2009, 03:30 AM
The 'Raman Abdulla' song I was thinking about was 'Puthidaai Ketkum', the Chitra solo and not 'Sittagathi Penn Oruthi'.

Hulkster
3rd July 2009, 07:12 AM
Now i actually know why thalaivar reworks his hits. Because after listening to songs in bharani and many other unnoticed songs, they are as fresh and scintillating as ever but we never gave them any thought. Why waste energy for something new and let it go unnoticed when u might as well rework ur own hits.

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/albums/ALBIRR00049.html

Listen to these songs in Annan called Aalamaraathu Kannu and Kanmanikku IR. Amazing melody. Unnum intha mathiri yethanei paathu irukko. :shock:

baroque
3rd July 2009, 07:17 AM
kathirum kothi...... was for me while driving this evening. :musicsmile:
Beautiful composition starts.../ same tune as muttu muttu neera hani(kannada)....with madhyamavati touches. At the tail end reminds you Balapampatti.... Bobbil Raja(telgu).. catchy tune. :redjump: S.P.Bala .. Zillion times My friend, my bro-in-law and I enjoyed... over the yrs, இளையராஜா's சங்கீதம் டைம் is incomplete with out this composition. LOVE IT! :ty:

M.G.Sreekumar with Chithra... melodious orchestration in MAN OF THE MATCH(malayalam). :musicsmile:

http://www.devaragam.net/vbscript/WimpyPlayer.aspx?var=,Man_Of_The_Match_Kathirum_Ko thi.Mp3|

USA residents, Have a sparkling Fourth of July!
Drive/fly safe.

Vinatha. :)

rajasaranam
3rd July 2009, 08:28 AM
Bharani, Annan ellam ippathaan ketkreengala! kelunga kelunga :D

Hulk - Listen to Vayasupulla vayasupulla from Annan - Lovely song.

rajasaranam
3rd July 2009, 08:48 AM
Kadhal Oviyum was in loop yesteday. Velli Chalangaigal, Sangeetha Jaathi mullai, Poovil vandu koodum... do we have any words even to describe the emotions these compostions evoke in us? Bliss? Divine? soulful?.... The beautiful female chorus chant for 2 mins towards the end of Velli Chalangaigal is what made me post here. :notworthy: Whatever we say it will be mere words while his compositions are much larger than any words human mind can conjure!.

Hulkster
3rd July 2009, 09:20 AM
Bharani, Annan ellam ippathaan ketkreengala! kelunga kelunga :D

Hulk - Listen to Vayasupulla vayasupulla from Annan - Lovely song.

Yuppie. That song uses oriental rhythms in the start. But thalaivar style. There are really alot of gems that only make us remind that a musical god is just right in front of us, within our ears. i remember reading a article on his birthday that said 30 albums(non-filmi) are releasing one by one soon. Can't wait for this extravaganza.

raagas
3rd July 2009, 11:47 AM
i remember reading a article on his birthday that said 30 albums(non-filmi) are releasing one by one soon. Can't wait for this extravaganza.

WHAT!!!! hey.. thats too exaggerating!!! Though i wish it is true.. but still..

I am still waiting for an instrumental album from him.

Hulkster
3rd July 2009, 12:02 PM
Actually it might be. He has composed alot of songs in his free time. There is a article about this as well. This and that might be related. If TFM can say goodbye to him then we might see this soon. But i think with the current status there are so many films it is hard to get them released now.

Sureshs65
3rd July 2009, 12:55 PM
Vinatha,

'Kathirum Kothi' lovely Madhyamavathi. The tune flows so very well and takes many unexpected turns. A great song to listen to any time.

tvsankar
3rd July 2009, 12:58 PM
'Thaena odum oda karaiyae'. Lovely song Usha. Never heard this song before. Seems to be based on Madhyamavathi. Reminds me of another lovely female solo from 'Raman Abdulla', 'Sittagatti Pen Oruthi'

What you are doing is very bad Usha :) As it is we are breathless not knowing whether to listen to 'Valmiki' or 'Azhagar Malai' or 'Bagyada Balegara' or 'Prem Kahani' and you come up with some unheard gems. As Vadivelu says 'Ippove Kanna Kattude' :)

suresh,
en manasukul naan nenachadhai - ennai complaint a
enna sollite...... :twisted:

Nenachen - AM - Unna enaku and karugu mani
thandi vara mudiyalai.

Nannavanu - Enidhu enidhu and Mudhalanae
Valmeki - rekka katti and kuda varuvaiya

idnha paatai ellam thandi vara mudiyalai.
idhula matha songs remaining...

adharkul - inum 2 kanada movies.

Bayangara Home work koduthar nama Sir.

Ipo dhan - 90s songs old ellam - kannula padaradhu...

ena seiyaradhu.......
ellarum kaetu kaetu sandhosha kashta padungo.
:D :P :twisted:

tvsankar
3rd July 2009, 12:59 PM
suresh,
Raman abdhulla - am mad of the songs - pudhidhai kaekum and chembaruthi pennoruthi

Sureshs65
3rd July 2009, 01:07 PM
Very true Usha. Lot of homework for us and I am enjoying it.

'Bagyada Balegara' in the house and 'Prem Kahani' in my car. I like the consistency of sound in 'Bagyada Balegara'. Currently listening to 'Sringara Sindhura' from Prem Kahani. Very well sung by Shreya. Love the way the charanam ends sharply and then the bass provides the bridge to the pallavi. Amazing.

tvsankar
3rd July 2009, 01:16 PM
Very true Usha. Lot of homework for us and I am enjoying it.

'Bagyada Balegara' in the house and 'Prem Kahani' in my car. I like the consistency of sound in 'Bagyada Balegara'. Currently listening to 'Sringara Sindhura' from Prem Kahani. Very well sung by Shreya. Love the way the charanam ends sharply and then the bass provides the bridge to the pallavi. Amazing.

suresh,
bagyada Balegara - Udit narayan - win panni irukar.
IR ku Udit um chelalma agitan.
no correction in singing style from IR to Udit.
idhan naan feel panniandhu. :)

Attractive a irundhadhu paatu.

Prem kahani - Kogile - idhan ipodhaiku. :D

rajasaranam
4th July 2009, 10:52 AM
'Raasaave unnai naan Ennithaan' - The perfect marriage of Western Classical and Tamil Folk :notworthy: The vocal harmony in the first interlude and the way he slowly introduces instruments one by one...the whole song is the delight to observe the interplay of vocal harmonies and instruments. Thalaivaa....!

tvsankar
4th July 2009, 07:36 PM
'Raasaave unnai naan Ennithaan' - The perfect marriage of Western Classical and Tamil Folk :notworthy: The vocal harmony in the first interlude and the way he slowly introduces instruments one by one...the whole song is the delight to observe the interplay of vocal harmonies and instruments. Thalaivaa....!

RS,
Nice words. Unga writings - paatai ipo kaeka vaithadhu.
Thank you....

kiru
5th July 2009, 05:25 AM
I cannot believe myself when I say I also agree with you :-)
Really, the song has come out well.
(this one and sringara sindhura ..same raaga ?)

tvsankar
5th July 2009, 11:09 AM
I cannot believe myself when I say I also agree with you :-)
Really, the song has come out well.
(this one and sringara sindhura ..same raaga ?)

kiru,
Thanks for the acceptance. :lol:

sriingara innum kaekalai. kaekanum. Time ilai kiru.

Azhagar malai, Valmeki and 90s IR songs - adhanala
time pathalai.

Naal poora comp la irundhalum.......

will listen.Gavanikaren.

Plum
5th July 2009, 02:52 PM
OK, now I'm raedy to catchup on 2009.
CR/Usha, 2009 post NK-Nandalala albums link ellaam pOdunga...

Hulkster
6th July 2009, 09:20 AM
Inimey Naangathaan - Oru Murai Kettaley (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/TPplayer.asp?sngs=%27SNGIRR1150%27)

Is this song hard rock or metallic? But a certainly rocking song. One of the most underrated and unseen songs by namma pasanga. Usha madam if you see praveen(orkut) ask him to review this song.

Like the lyrics, once you listen you will fall in love with it.

Sureshs65
6th July 2009, 01:40 PM
Plum,

I don't have any download links but you can find 'Azhagar Malai' & 'Valmiki', in raaga.com or ragangal.com. Hulk can give you the links to the Kannada films.

You can check out Bagyadevatha songs here. The links to all three songs are present

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bagyadevatha&search_type=&aq=f

Raikkonen
6th July 2009, 02:11 PM
Naanaga Nanillai Thaaye.. :swinghead:

Sureshs65
6th July 2009, 02:14 PM
'Swapnangal Kanneyuzhudiya' from Bagyadevatha. I am now fully convinced that this song should go into Illayaraja's all time best list.

Hulkster
6th July 2009, 03:46 PM
Plum,

I don't have any download links but you can find 'Azhagar Malai' & 'Valmiki', in raaga.com or ragangal.com. Hulk can give you the links to the Kannada films.

You can check out Bagyadevatha songs here. The links to all three songs are present

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bagyadevatha&search_type=&aq=f

www.kannadaaudio.com, they happen to be the forerunner for all kannada songs. There are others but they are illegal download websites.

SV123
6th July 2009, 11:01 PM
valmiki songs are good. Olitharum suryan has some shades of "Ennai thalata varuvala"from KM and Oliyiley therivathu song from Azhagi.. but excellent interludes all over the song, particularly before the 2nd saranam.

Azhgar malai.. songs reminds of me of 80s and 90s such as chinnathambi and karagatta karan..

ajithfederer
6th July 2009, 11:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlL2FoREH0M&feature=related

1:48 to 2:20 is a musical orgasm.

ajithfederer
6th July 2009, 11:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giQA-Fs7m54&feature=related

Sir's Gummankuthu aatam in Kaaki shirt. Needed one badly like this after Fed's win yesterday.

crajkumar_be
7th July 2009, 02:05 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN-ovUktd-Q&feature=related

kiru
7th July 2009, 02:20 AM
Usha,
A little bit of slowing down Udit and more focus on bhaavam has gone a long way in this song.
BTW, have you noticed in recent songs, the recording is very euphonic.. there are no empty backgrounds ..there is always some harmony layer. The charanams of enna senjaalum from Azhagar Malai is something new I feel from IR. Some people felt vaalmiki felt Rahmanic maybe it is the same technique which is giving this impression.
My current favorite is - maalai nila from kangalum kavi paduthey - a fast paced drums + bass based melody and good lyrics. If only, the younger generation still bought into that speaking tamil properly or singing in the indian way is cool..then there is a treasure trove waiting for them with IR.

crajkumar_be
7th July 2009, 03:57 AM
Chinna Raasaave (Walter Vetrivel) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA1NopLB-L8&feature=related)
Rocking

rajasaranam
7th July 2009, 11:45 AM
My current favorite is - maalai nila from kangalum kavi paduthey - a fast paced drums + bass based melody and good lyrics.
After a long time I revisited KKP last night and am hooked to this song till now :)

rajasaranam
7th July 2009, 11:53 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN-ovUktd-Q&feature=related

8-)

tvsankar
7th July 2009, 11:57 AM
Usha,
A little bit of slowing down Udit and more focus on bhaavam has gone a long way in this song.
BTW, have you noticed in recent songs, the recording is very euphonic.. there are no empty backgrounds ..there is always some harmony layer. The charanams of enna senjaalum from Azhagar Malai is something new I feel from IR. Some people felt vaalmiki felt Rahmanic maybe it is the same technique which is giving this impression.
My current favorite is - maalai nila from kangalum kavi paduthey - a fast paced drums + bass based melody and good lyrics. If only, the younger generation still bought into that speaking tamil properly or singing in the indian way is cool..then there is a treasure trove waiting for them with IR.

kiru,
Suresh sonnadha pola - kannu katudhae.
indha padam vandha apo kaeten.
Ipo - neenga solli kaeten.

About IR songs nowadays - you are very true kiru.

Harmony Layer - IR compostion la epavum irukum kiru.
ana ipo ellam
full song kum irundhundae iruku........
(idhu en neenda naal asai . Ipo niraiveri kondu iruku.
Yuvan compose la - idhai nalla feel pannanalam.
Full song kukm - Strong a - Harmony Dominate pannum.)

IR - Ipo manasu vechutar. jolly dhan..... :P

Azhagar malai - karugu mani kaeteegnala....

Nannavanu - Mudhaline kaeteengala...

Azhagar malai - unna enaku kaeteengala....

aiyo - neraiya home work a iruku kiru.

inum bhagya devadha - innum kaekalai.

about valmeki - kaeten/ ipo marandhu poiten.
kaekanam.

udit - innoru time kaetutu reply panren kiru.

tvsankar
7th July 2009, 11:59 AM
maalai nila - reminds me

Engae senralum ennodu varum ramana stanza.

am i correct or wrong?

enna ragam?

tvsankar
7th July 2009, 12:01 PM
maya malava Gowla i think..

rajasaranam
7th July 2009, 12:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv8_hgiqlhA&NR=1

Anybody finding quality difference please let me know :D

Sureshs65
7th July 2009, 12:51 PM
Usha,

'Malai Nila' is indeed Mayamalavagowla. You are right about 'Enge Sendralum'. Another MMG which sounds close to 'Enge Sendralum' is the Malayalam song 'Oru Chiri Kandal'. What a composition!!

As kiru says, if somone like a nice melody and some nice lyrics, 'Malai Nila' is for them.

thumburu
7th July 2009, 01:46 PM
"yedhedhu , naan thevalaam pola irukke!!! Thought I was the last in the race. Iam better tan plum . Listened till NK-NL. NK has 3 outstanding numbers [Maa Ganga, Ohm Shivohum, Kannil paarvai]whereas, NL didnt appeal to me much. I will start with Valmiki

crajkumar_be
7th July 2009, 03:17 PM
:yes: (sorry idha miss pannitten)

Tamil cinema keros solra madhiri, "NK kettutu unga mudiva udane sollanumnilla... rendu naal poruthu sollunga, aana pidikkala nu mattum sollidaadheenga"

Naan Kadavul
http://www.oosai.com/tamilsongs/naan_kadavul_songs.cfm

Nandalala:
http://www.oosai.com/tamilsongs/nandalala_songs.cfm

(thiraipaadal.com server down)

Plum
7th July 2009, 03:37 PM
CR, not that way. I caught up on NK/NL much earlier. I am looking for Valmiki, BB, PK etc. I caught allippoove in Asia Net - was quite catchy.
NK is my album of the year by default-nu erkanavE sollitten hub-la.
(by default, because thats the only album from 2009 that I have heard - IR or non-IR. Rip Van Winkle en thatha :lol:)

crajkumar_be
7th July 2009, 03:40 PM
Oh :lol:
Sandhosathula seriya padikkala!

Azhagar Malai (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/albums/ALBIRR00745.html)

Valmiki (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/albums/ALBIRR00746.html)

Hulkster
7th July 2009, 04:07 PM
Speaking Om Sivoham, i remember tat FSM had written a article reviewing it from their perspective(thanks to irir123's diligence). They spoke about the percussions being thunderous and having african tribal influences. I have seriously never thought about that song in that way.

Anybody else with me who believe that Om sivoham is one of the best percussive works by thalaivar?

Plum
7th July 2009, 04:39 PM
Hulkster, I do, I do. But the drums and synth spoilt it kind of
There's a thunderous portion with tabla, punctuated by a weak thambALam sound from drums. Nevertheless, one of the best percussive efforts I remember.
Another one I remember is Ghanashyama from Kochu Kochu SanthoshangaL. Excellent work on rhythms, but the synths kind of spoil the effect. The patterns of rhythm change are mesmerising in that one

crajkumar_be
7th July 2009, 04:48 PM
Hulkster, I do, I do. But the drums and synth spoilt it kind of
There's a thunderous portion with tabla, punctuated by a weak thambALam sound from drums. Nevertheless, one of the best percussive efforts I remember.
Another one I remember is Ghanashyama from Kochu Kochu SanthoshangaL. Excellent work on rhythms, but the synths kind of spoil the effect. The patterns of rhythm change are mesmerising in that one
Om Sivoham la drums and synth-a? Cymbals ok... or giant jalras or whatever it is that gives that thAmbALam sound but synth enga nu yosikkaren.. synth keys solreengala?

Plum
7th July 2009, 05:10 PM
CR, naan avLO educasun illeengO percussion vishaythula - thambALam sound dhaan enakku theriyum - adhu ennaannu neenga dhaan sollaNUm

Hulkster
7th July 2009, 06:13 PM
synth-a? Cymbals ok... or giant jalras or whatever it is that gives that thAmbALam sound but synth enga nu yosikkaren.. synth keys solreengala?

Synth comes after the second interlude. Just before the satya pravaha phrase and after it. But as far as i know it plays only for a grand total of 4 seconds.

Hulkster
7th July 2009, 06:15 PM
The use of cymbals is a typical innovative style by thalaivar. If one were to really dissect his song, his tune, percussive rhythm, interludes could be totally three different genres mixed into one to become the IR genre. Thats how i feel after listening to Om Sivoham. Om Sivoham is also a rare song where all the three stanzas are totally different from each other.

ajithfederer
7th July 2009, 09:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz1Bq-Hdb5Q

80's :2thumbsup:

SV123
8th July 2009, 02:06 AM
I have been listening to Thendral vandhu theendum bothu song from avataram since today morning. cant stop listening to this.. Awesome song and interludes

crajkumar_be
8th July 2009, 02:32 AM
I have been listening to Thendral vandhu theendum bothu song from avataram since today morning. cant stop listening to this.. Awesome song and interludes
In my mind, undoubtedly the best song ever composed and one of the best picturized songs ever

crajkumar_be
8th July 2009, 06:05 AM
"Nil Nil Nil" (Paattu Paadava) (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/albums/ALBIRR00467.html)

An evergreen favorite. Rich :musicsmile:

The interludes sound like Panthuvarali. What about the pallavi and the charanam (particularly when Uma Ramanan goes "Ekantha velayil...")? Experts please clarify

ajithfederer
8th July 2009, 06:12 AM
Ayya's rendition :musicsmile:.

I asked this before and I am asking again, Is there a thread for IR the singer, here??

"Nil Nil Nil" (Paattu Paadava) (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/albums/ALBIRR00467.html)

An evergreen favorite. Rich :musicsmile:

The interludes sound like Panthuvarali. What about the pallavi and the charanam (particularly when Uma Ramanan goes "Ekantha velayil...")? Experts please clarify

Last song, Unnai Naan ariven - Guna :notworthy:

ajithfederer
8th July 2009, 06:22 AM
hey raja - jallikattu

:thumbsup:

crajkumar_be
8th July 2009, 06:41 AM
I asked this before and I am asking again, Is there a thread for IR the singer, here??

Created (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=13220) :)

ajithfederer
8th July 2009, 11:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDowe17EMc0&feature=related

Sanjeevi
8th July 2009, 11:39 PM
Was listening to Raaja's telugu album 'Marana Mrudagam'

What an album is, especially the song Karigi Poyanu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZLJOV1KMqc) sung by SPB & PS and the song gives the feel which I fail to describe here :)

Sanjeevi
9th July 2009, 12:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z86LscyJhNY

addictively divine

Mahatma Gandhi & Isaignani Ilaiyaraja - what a combination

Hulkster
9th July 2009, 06:50 PM
Nenavu Therincha Naal Muthala - Kaakai Chiraginile

http://www.paadal.com/album/kakkai_chiraginile

The type of tune that impresses immediately. There is a classical touch to the orchestration in this song and a hint of pathos in the song(which actually gives a clue to the film's super sad storyline till the climax). Art of composing yet again.

Also listen to kolakkili of the same album, there is a genuine use of percussions in this song, as a standalone it may sound so out of place but somehow matches the song flow. Work of God.

If we can forgive P.Vasu for one thing, is that his films with IR in it had amazing songs right from anandha raagam in PP to Chinna Thambi and to this one. If i am not wrong this should be their last collaboration.

ajithfederer
9th July 2009, 10:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8D2e8oHgv4&feature=channel

Thenpaandi seemayile - 0:08 - 1:17 - Shruthi Haasan. I love the way shruthi composes/remixes.

தென் பாண்டி சீமையிலே... தேரோடும் வீதியிலே.... மான் போல வந்தவனே.... யார் அடித்தாரோ...!!

Shruthi's singing is fantastic :clap:.

Querida
12th July 2009, 09:17 AM
Two Big Faves from "Eeramana Rojave"

1) Adho Megha Oorvalam
http://www.dishant.com/jukebox.php?songid=14991

2) Vaa Vaa Anbae
http://www.dishant.com/jukebox.php?songid=14994
(though i'm not too partial to the lowing at the beginning)

Plum
13th July 2009, 09:42 PM
Allippoove from Bhagya Devata.
Nalla thaan irukku. The sendhoora poove resemblances seem to be teasing from IR to his fans rather than an attempt to recycle. If he wanted to recycle, he neednt have made the obvious references in the end of the charanams where the tune is almost identical to the current portion in the original but again stunted with an obvious nod.

After catching up with most of 2009 stuff, Naan KadavuL stacks up as the winner for me - nothing else even comes near though quite a few of them are pretty good.

jaiganes
13th July 2009, 09:47 PM
Two Big Faves from "Eeramana Rojave"

1) Adho Megha Oorvalam
http://www.dishant.com/jukebox.php?songid=14991

2) Vaa Vaa Anbae
http://www.dishant.com/jukebox.php?songid=14994
(though i'm not too partial to the lowing at the beginning)

My fave from that album is
Adichaachu lucky prize - real cool

Sureshs65
14th July 2009, 09:41 AM
Plum,

I think it was rajaalltheway who wrote here that the lyricist of the song, Sarath Vayalar, was a big fan of 'Sendhurapoove' and requested Raja to base a song on the earlier song. That is why the obvious reference to "Sendhurapoove'. I like 'Swapnangal Kannezhudiya' from this movie the most.

Plum
14th July 2009, 11:01 AM
Suresh, yeah, that is a nod. Other than that, there is no major element of Sendhoora Poove referenced in Allippoove. I liked this song very much. Havent heard other songs from Bhagya Devata.

thumburu
14th July 2009, 04:35 PM
'Swapnangal Kannezhudiya' of "Bhagyadevatha" is a laid back pahaadi , on the lines of "gaana karunguyile kacherikku vaa vaa" and "vaigai nadhi oram pon maalai neram" of "Rickshaw maamaa" . If you like the above 2 songs there is a good chance of liking this one too

SV123
14th July 2009, 08:21 PM
"Pattu solli pada solli" from Azhagi..Probably one of the best IR songs in recent times. After a long time IR composed in Sivaranjani Raga.. The interludes in the 1st saranam and 2nd saranam reminds me of 80's and 90's..

app_engine
14th July 2009, 08:31 PM
"Pattu solli pada solli" from Azhagi..Probably one of the best IR songs in recent times.

It was SEVEN years before :-)

NOM :-)

SV123
15th July 2009, 12:47 AM
"Pattu solli pada solli" from Azhagi..Probably one of the best IR songs in recent times.

It was SEVEN years before :-)

NOM :-)

Neverthless.. still look fresh!!!

Sureshs65
16th July 2009, 09:39 AM
Still freaking out on 'Swapnangal Kannezhudiya', 'Mudhalane Baari' and 'Yenidu Yenidu'. Each of this is a lovely and a pleasing melody.

Querida
16th July 2009, 10:50 AM
Uravugal Thodarkathai: http://www.thiraipaadal.com/TPplayer.asp?sngs=%27SNGIRR0349%27

:musicsmile: was a sweet surprise to hear it in VA but couldn't place the movie...only found again now :)

Also apart of the album "Aval Appadithaan" was Panneer Pushpangalae sung KH (news to me) :smile2:

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/TPplayer.asp?sngs=%27SNGIRR0348%27

rajasaranam
16th July 2009, 10:59 AM
Vasantha Kaala kolangal Vaanil Vizhuntha Kodugal & Paneer Pushpangale. Back to back on repeat mode, Gazing the sky, accompanied with Extra Large of Jack Daniels on the rocks...The World is Perfect :)

rajasaranam
16th July 2009, 11:00 AM
Querida! I was just posting abt Paneer Pushpangale :oops:
After Reading your post I thought 'should've added 'Uravugal Thodarkathai' to the Perfect world :)

Querida
16th July 2009, 11:03 AM
Querida! I was just posting abt Paneer Pushpangale :oops:
After Reading your post I thought 'should've added 'Uravugal Thodarkathai' to the Perfect world :)

it's nice to find mutual appreciation of such wonderful songs :)

Plum
16th July 2009, 12:06 PM
RS, uravugal Thodargadhai is the perfect world. Artificial additional stimulants thevai illai - ask me!

Hulkster
16th July 2009, 12:38 PM
My god what a song this is. Reminds me of EVK songs. Appadiyey manasu kulley pugunthu neechal adikkiruthu. :musicsmile:

Sureshs65
16th July 2009, 01:25 PM
Yes Plum. No need for any additional stimulants. All the three songs mentioned, 'Vasantha Kala Kolangal', 'Panneer Pushpangale' and 'Uravugal Thodarkathai' are picture perfect. These should be framed.

rajasaranam
16th July 2009, 01:30 PM
RS, uravugal Thodargadhai is the perfect world. Artificial additional stimulants thevai illai - ask me!
:D ung akooda oru session poatta thaan theriyum

rajasaranam
16th July 2009, 01:37 PM
Yes Plum. No need for any additional stimulants. All the three songs mentioned, 'Vasantha Kala Kolangal', 'Panneer Pushpangale' and 'Uravugal Thodarkathai' are picture perfect. These should be framed.

I think only being in a melancholic mood will make a human being look @ the world in Perfection. Sad/Happy songs stimulate the brain cells to act accordingly. But melancholic songs stirs something inside us to 'observe' things as they are 'Just' & 'Perfect'.
These 3 songs top in this mood IMO....and Ah! just read Hulksters post about EVK. We can add Pazhaiya sogangal too :oops:

jaiganes
16th July 2009, 06:12 PM
Uravugal Thodarkathai: http://www.thiraipaadal.com/TPplayer.asp?sngs=%27SNGIRR0349%27

:musicsmile: was a sweet surprise to hear it in VA but couldn't place the movie...only found again now :)

Also apart of the album "Aval Appadithaan" was Panneer Pushpangalae sung KH (news to me) :smile2:

http://passionforcinema.com/aval-appadiththaan-cinema-take-a-bow/

My 2 cents on the movie - written some time back.

app_engine
17th July 2009, 02:32 AM
அந்த நிலாவத்தான்...in repeat mode :-)

I'm kinda feeling guilty that we've made fun of this song so much during college days while glorifying poongAtRu thirumbumA and vetti vEru vAsam. Though they are classics, this one holds its fort without much ado too.

After a couple of listenings in the car, my 3 year old has started singing like 'எங்க எங்க நான் கொஞ்சம் பாக்குறேன்' :-)

I'm surprised that she understands both these mean the same (i.e. interchanging subject & adjective). I have seen adults struggling with this concept when learning a new language, but children are marvels in this aspect without any doubt!

Querida
17th July 2009, 11:24 AM
kovil mani oosai...

poovarasampoo...

mancholai killi thano...

all refreshingly came to mind while going for a trip by train... :musicsmile:

Querida
17th July 2009, 11:33 AM

http://passionforcinema.com/aval-appadiththaan-cinema-take-a-bow/

My 2 cents on the movie - written some time back.

...enjoyed reading it very much...the influence of the actors, directors, the zeitgeist of the times and synopsis all are well written and researched...it is worth no where near only 2 cents :) thanx for sharing

thumburu
17th July 2009, 05:26 PM
Querida, your early IR days songs have taken me to a nostalgic trip. I always feel "uravugaL thodarkadhai" is borne out of some Divine Intervention. I am yet to find a soul who is unmoved by this timeless beauty. Even bitter Raja critics have unwittingly succumbed to its charm. It is even difficult for Raja to recreate that magic.
The last Raja song I heard is "rojavai thaalaattum thendral " from Ninaivellam Nithya. It is SJ's show all the way and SPB happily lets her the space

crajkumar_be
17th July 2009, 05:51 PM
I always feel "uravugaL thodarkadhai" is borne out of some Divine Intervention. I am yet to find a soul who is unmoved by this timeless beauty. Even bitter Raja critics have unwittingly succumbed to its charm.

:notworthy:

The last Raja song I heard is "rojavai thaalaattum thendral " from Ninaivellam Nithya. It is SJ's show all the way and SPB happily lets her the space
Yes and i should show this to my wife, who is a staunch Janaki hater!

ajithfederer
17th July 2009, 11:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzvlP1ixhLY

உன்னை பார்த்த நேரத்திலே உலகம் மறந்து போனதடி :).

Querida
18th July 2009, 06:07 AM
I always feel "uravugaL thodarkadhai" is borne out of some Divine Intervention. I am yet to find a soul who is unmoved by this timeless beauty. Even bitter Raja critics have unwittingly succumbed to its charm. It is even difficult for Raja to recreate that magic.

:exactly: :)

Querida
18th July 2009, 06:37 AM
Two "upbeat" songs that I revisited for their staccato beats and " rushing river" violin preludes from Vellai Roja

Solai Poovil Malai Thendral Paadum Neram :swinghead:

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/TPplayer.asp?sngs=%27SNGIRR4026%27

I always get the feeling of a pendulum when listening to this song...I don't know how better to explain it...but the words (attn paid to sound rather than meaning) extenuate the tune so well..the slow pull of the violin to the pipping of the flute during the first interlude...beautiful :) the violins in the second interlude are like a rushing stream..and the pull-point pattern returns towards the ending.

"Oh Maaney Maaney"...I like the teasing lilt in SPB's singing
like when he sings:
"oh maaney maaney maaney"each time
"aasaiyin maedai naadagamaadum"
"maarbinil aadum maenagai vandhaal"

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/TPplayer.asp?sngs=%27SNGIRR4025%27

app_engine
20th July 2009, 07:56 PM
Though still not out of the mudhal mariyAdhai songs that dominated the weekend rides, briefly stepped out to revisit 'moondRam piRai'.

'poongAtRu pudhidhAnadhu'
'vAnengum thanga vinmeeNkaL'
'kaNNe kalai mAnE'
'ponmEni urugudhE' (yes, listened after many years, though mukkal-munagal is irritating it should have been very tough to sing -SJ possibly 50 by then - and the instrumentals are awesome)...

each one a brilliant composition and all except kaNNe kalaimAnE way ahead of the time in orchestration! In getting innovative scores from IR, BM may lead over other biggies (like MR / KB / BR).

Sureshs65
20th July 2009, 10:53 PM
'Prem Kahani' and three songs from 'Nannavanu' still in loop.

ajithfederer
21st July 2009, 08:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRZpPbXdSr0

IR/SPB/MR/Rajni and Shobana - :)

Has the picturization got something to do with Kurasowa???

rajasaranam
21st July 2009, 01:37 PM
Hollywood is the one that is missing Raaja! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHmGs5kRjzE)

My heart missed some beats watching the Visuals sinking perfectly with one of my most liked movies :notworthy: awesome effort by one of the Raaja fans. :clap:

The Percussion rhythms start and end in perfect sink with the shots...
when william drops his head in pain the trumpets begins... as he begins to open his eyes looking for his beloved the plucking of strings is there...as she comes into focus the beautiful flute begins...moving on to the romantic flashbacks...the violins begin exactly the moment the younger william turns to face his love building into grandeur and as the axe is being brought down towards his neck the romance theme returns backs and william keeps looking to her...
beautiful work! perfect in sync. Raaja would've done justice to that scene in some other way but one of his famous themes fitting in perfection is just magic :oops:

Iam also amazed at the emotional connection this BGM makes with us through Braveheart. I was filled with tears watching the movie some 10 years back during this last scene and same kind of emotion overpowered me watching it again today with Raajas music. I dont want to watch the movie with original score now :)

crajkumar_be
21st July 2009, 02:34 PM

Has always reminded me of "Ran"

Sureshs65
21st July 2009, 03:11 PM
RS,

Wow. The music fits the scene like a well designed glove. Great effort by that person. You title is apt.

equanimus
21st July 2009, 03:12 PM

Has always reminded me of "Ran"
Mani Ratnam was indeed paying homage to Kurosawa in that song sequence.

ajithfederer
23rd July 2009, 05:47 AM
Sorry for the late reply didn't come across this till now.

Thanks equanimus and bala.

Querida
23rd July 2009, 06:58 AM
Ninaivooooooooo Oru Paravai..... :swinghead:

http://www.dishant.com/jukebox.php?songid=19143

ajithfederer
23rd July 2009, 10:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs38L1jIQC0

Fine pieces of art in multiple forms - singing, acting, dance and needless to say Music.

A.ANAND
24th July 2009, 06:40 AM
thaana vantha santhaname -ooru vittu ooru vanthu!
:musicsmile:

Raikkonen
24th July 2009, 09:57 AM
Oru Koottu Kiliyaga.. :cry: :bow:

K
24th July 2009, 11:30 AM
"Karigi Poyanu Karpoora veenaga" from "Marana Mrudhangam"

What a Song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZLJOV1KMqc

ajithfederer
24th July 2009, 08:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsZErs3Chh4&fmt=16
which has fantastic lyrics and an unadulterated 80's picturization. MV in his elements :)

Oru Koottu Kiliyaga.. :cry: :bow:

Sanjeevi
24th July 2009, 11:20 PM
Om Kaarade is indeed a melting song

Sureshs65
25th July 2009, 11:37 PM
Sanjeevi,

Om Kaarade is indeed a song which can melt hearts. Along with 'Haadu Kogile', the best songs of NMH, which was a terrific album.

Hulkster
26th July 2009, 07:57 PM
Kaatre Kaatre Nillu - Manikantan Geet Mala (http://www.raaga.com/player4/?id=129526&mode=100&rand=0.14805144580392093)

The song is about the wind and the orchestration is exactly like that. :notworthy:

Sanjeevi
26th July 2009, 10:10 PM
Kaatre Kaatre Nillu - Manikantan Geet Mala (http://www.raaga.com/player4/?id=129526&mode=100&rand=0.14805144580392093)

The song is about the wind and the orchestration is exactly like that. :notworthy:

opposite side of Thiruvasagam songs

divine :notworthy:

ajithfederer
27th July 2009, 01:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1SRRwCP2UM&feature=related&fmt=5

A Jolly good song :rotfl:/

Querida
27th July 2009, 05:55 AM
Pothi vacha malligai mottu...Another wonderful fragrant dream :)

Nerd
27th July 2009, 06:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1SRRwCP2UM&feature=related&fmt=5

A Jolly good song :rotfl:/
My favorite video. GM/Senthil and co's dance :bow:

Currently listening to KaNNil yEthO minnal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vii6mB5SO7g) from Poo Vilangu. First time seeing the video. Sema matter-bA :oops:

Sureshs65
27th July 2009, 07:50 PM
Hulk,

I have been posting here regularly about how good the Manikatan Geet Mala songs are. 'Katre Katre' is top class. The tune, the singing and the orchestration, everything reminds you of a gentle breeze. Especially when he starts the charanam, "Marghazhi". Divine, no doubt about it.

Hulkster
27th July 2009, 07:52 PM
Sureshji, It is actually a very different sound from thalaivar for this song. It actually reminded me of ARR but when i noticed the way the rhythm changed it was solely thalaivar's style. There is a very hypnotic feel about this song :D

Any idea what sort of song this would be classified as in genre?

ajithfederer
27th July 2009, 09:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oepxTQolp_Q&feature=related

KJY sir has a divine voice. :clap:.

Sureshs65
27th July 2009, 10:15 PM
Hulk,

I guess we will have to categorize it under 'Bhakthi' genre :D

Hulkster
28th July 2009, 07:16 AM
Hulk,

I guess we will have to categorize it under 'Bhakthi' genre :D

:D

Chamber Welcomes Thyagaraja - How To Name It

I think the actual purpose of this track is thalaivar trying to say that they all sound the same.

thumburu
28th July 2009, 06:46 PM
Whiff of fresh, pure air passed by me in the form of uncluttered rustic breeze - "vettiveru vaasam" and "arumbaagi mottaagi poovaagi" . I refuse to call these simplistically as simple melodies as these cannot be construed so easily by others and are works of art created by a complex mind . If you doubt, just listen to the myriad hues portrayed by the 2nd interlude of "vettiveru vaasam". "Arumbaagi" has a charukesi flavour , well sung by legend PSusheela and who's that male singer? He does a decent job too.

Plum
28th July 2009, 07:41 PM
Arunmozhi a.k.a Napoleon

equanimus
28th July 2009, 07:44 PM
Deepan Chakravarthy, I suppose.

Currently listening to "kai vINaiyai Endhum kalaivANiyE..." Its serenity is so otherworldly. What would my life be without Raaja?

priya32
28th July 2009, 07:59 PM
[tscii:094e6a99de]’அரும்பாகி மொட்டாகி’ பாடலை,

I think T.L.தியாகராஜன் has sung 'arumbAgi mottAgi' along with P.Suseela!

He has sung another beautiful melody in the movie 'oru malarin payaNam'

Listen to it here,

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow06/thedum_omp.rm
[/tscii:094e6a99de]

Plum
28th July 2009, 08:02 PM
hello kiddies :-), adhu Napoleon @ Arunmozhi dhaan. Sacrifice King-um illa, Lamp Emperor-um illa. I can bet my life on that :-)

priya32
28th July 2009, 08:04 PM
[tscii:1123b94136]
hello kiddies :-), adhu Napoleon @ Arunmozhi dhaan. Sacrifice King-um illa, Lamp Emperor-um illa. I can bet my life on that :-)

நீங்க அருண்மொழி பாடினதை மட்டும் கேட்டுட்டு உங்கள் ‘வாழ்க்கையை’ பணையம் வைக்க கூடாது! :rotfl: [/tscii:1123b94136]

Plum
28th July 2009, 08:13 PM
adhu parava illai, sila samayam Mano paadaradhai kEttu vaazhkaiye veruthu poyidudhu :-)

priya32
28th July 2009, 08:19 PM
I like couple of songs Mano sang,

1. arugamaNi karugamaNi - mAppiLLai vandhAchchu

2. vaanil kAyudhE - vaali

3. maanE maragadhamE - enga thambi

innum irukku, I can't remember at the moment!

(I know I shouldn't be posting non - iLaiyaraja songs here...but...)

tvsankar
28th July 2009, 08:39 PM

priya,
idhu IR music a????

equanimus
28th July 2009, 09:04 PM
Plum,
I have heard this song only in passing (don't have it in my collections), but samIbaththula kUda Deepan Chakravarthy Coffee With Anu show'la indha pAttai pAdinErE... And a link (http://dhool.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4133).

priya32
28th July 2009, 09:10 PM

priya,
idhu IR music a????

(I know I shouldn't be posting non - iLaiyaraja songs here...but...)

idhukkuthaan ippadi pOttirundhEnunga Ushaji! :)

# 1 music Ilaiyaraja thaan,

# 2 music Deva!

Plum
28th July 2009, 10:24 PM
equa, my memories of the song surely point to Arunmozhi.
neenga kodutha link-la andha paattai slaagitha Usha Sankar inge dhaan irukkanga - Usha, neengaLE sollunga, ArunmozhiyA? Deepan-A?

app_engine
28th July 2009, 10:45 PM
http://www.thiraipaadal.com/albums/ALBIRR00148.html

This link says "T.L. Thyagarajan" :-)

If TL is Tiruchy Loganathan, this may be the original name of Deepan C, or may be he has another brother besides T L Maharajan.

Can't hear the song at work, from my memory recall it sounds like DC :-)

Plum
29th July 2009, 12:00 AM
Thiagarajan is the brother of deepan and thiagarajan. Naan naalaikku ennoda collectionlerundhu kettuttu solraen...

priya32
29th July 2009, 12:12 AM
Plum: have you ever heard songs from (MD: ilaiyaraja) 'gummi paattu'?

Arunmozhi sang all songs in that movie!

That voice does not relate to the voice on 'arumbAgi' song at all!

Sanjeevi
29th July 2009, 12:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDTSRf_m1DU

SPB rocks :D

crajkumar_be
29th July 2009, 01:19 AM
Definitely NOT Napoleon/Arunmozhi!

This link (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/albums/ALBIRR00148.html) says T.L thiagarajan but then it sounds very much like Deepan Chakravarthy

crajkumar_be
29th July 2009, 01:26 AM
Currently listening to "kai vINaiyai Endhum kalaivANiyE..." Its serenity is so otherworldly. What would my life be without Raaja?
Link, padam?

tvsankar
29th July 2009, 01:28 AM
Dear priya,plum, equa and rajkumar,
innum yar bhaaki. ellaraiyum solliten nu nenaikiren.

arumbagi mottagi - Arunmozhi ilai.

indha paatu - T.L. Thiyagararjan - correct a
irukum.

Arun mozhi voice - enakku nalla theiryum.
Idhu Arun mozhi voice ilai.......

tvsankar
29th July 2009, 01:30 AM
app,
Deepan Chakravarthy voice um ilai.....

Nerd
29th July 2009, 03:31 AM
Link, padam?
Vietnam Colony - http://thiraipaadal.com/albums/ALBIRR00731.html

"super singer" Ranjani sang this song in the semis IIRC.

Plum
29th July 2009, 12:45 PM
mea culpa. Heard it today. Adhu arunmozhi illa :ashamed:

equanimus
29th July 2009, 01:16 PM
makkaLE,
indha matter innum resolve AgaliyA? I just found that I do have this song in my collection and gave it a listen. I'm sure it's Deepan Chakravarthy.

He sang the song when he was on this show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qIffqGsdPg). That must be somewhere in the middle of the show. yArAvadhu pArththuttu confirm paNNunga. :)

equanimus
29th July 2009, 01:20 PM
"kAttuk kuyil pAttuch cholla": the prelude and the second interlude are sheer delight! What's referred to in local parlance as "range." :)

crajkumar_be
29th July 2009, 02:14 PM
Link, padam?
Vietnam Colony - http://thiraipaadal.com/albums/ALBIRR00731.html

"super singer" Ranjani sang this song in the semis IIRC.
nandri Nerd

crajkumar_be
29th July 2009, 05:17 PM
Engey Endhan Kadhali - Enakkul Oruvan (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/albums/ALBIRR00145.html)

equanimus
29th July 2009, 06:28 PM
"yOgamuLLa rANi": vintage rambunctiousness!

crajkumar_be
29th July 2009, 06:29 PM
Padam pera podungappa! :twisted:

equanimus
29th July 2009, 06:34 PM
இளமைக் காலங்கள். கலக்கல் பாட்டுங்க!

P.S.: Couldn't find a link for the song.

crajkumar_be
29th July 2009, 06:42 PM
Nandri-nga.

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/albums/ALBIRR00191.html

Found the song ok (or is it because of the poor quality headphones i'm using now?)

crajkumar_be
29th July 2009, 06:46 PM
Alli Vecha Malligaye - Ilamai Idho Idho (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/albums/ALBIRR00190.html)
Male voice yaaru?

app_engine
29th July 2009, 06:52 PM
Alli Vecha Malligaye - Ilamai Idho Idho (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/albums/ALBIRR00190.html)
Male voice yaaru?

Krishnachandar (who also sang 'EdhO mOham' of kOzhi koovudhu)

crajkumar_be
29th July 2009, 07:00 PM
Oh, thanks app_engine

Sanjeevi
29th July 2009, 09:34 PM
இளமைக் காலங்கள். கலக்கல் பாட்டுங்க!

P.S.: Couldn't find a link for the song.

Sema song :cool2:

AravindMano
30th July 2009, 11:33 AM
Deepan Chakravarthy, I suppose.

:exactly:

I must thank Airtel Super Singer Contestant Ranjani for singing it in the show. Otherwise, would have missed this gem.

thumburu
30th July 2009, 02:13 PM
"kai veenaiyai yendhum" is a serene
Hamir kalyan raag. Reg "arumbagi " male singer, naan link podamale naraiya per kettaache!!! TL.Thiagarajan is a good find. Never heard of him before. Atleast a few hundred Raja songs that went by likes of Mano/Arunmozhi/MVD should have come to the Trichy trio. hm... , even vintage dfer Udhaya would vouch for the same :)
The sweet scent of "graamathu kaathu" lingers on, "adukku malli eduthu vechu thoduthu vecha maalai" from aavaarampoo" . Again Raja has his space in the second interlude to play around. BTW, is this based on raga "kurinji" ?

Hulkster
30th July 2009, 06:20 PM
Oru Kili Urugudhey (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkmFWj9BRAM)

This song is so blissful but the thing that caught my attention is the background percussion rhythm. When you separate it, it certainly does not sound like its made for the tune but when it comes together, it just joins. We should all compile a list of songs where the background rhythms pry away from the main flow yet sound great in unison.

ajithfederer
31st July 2009, 01:57 AM
AFter a tiring day of work we went to have lunch and was coming back to school in car. On the way listened to Ilangaathu veeudhe. IMO, No other song con relieve one so much from tiredness in one hearing. Continuing the mood with yeh rasathi from ennuyir thozhan.

Raaja :notworthy: :).

ajithfederer
31st July 2009, 02:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjU1ss8H0eg&feature=related

Both the singers voices are fantastic. Not to mention Revathy and her dad :clap:. Vaithegi Kaathirundhal can still haunt you with emotions.

rajkumarc
1st August 2009, 03:48 AM
Hey Thendrale from Nenjathai Killaadhe. The pathos in PSuseela's voice and the mesmerizing tune are keeping me company on a lonely afternoon.

Sureshs65
1st August 2009, 07:03 AM
rajkumarc,

By strange coincidence it is the same song 'Hey Thendrale' playing in my player at this very instant!!! This is followed by 'Idhayam Pogude' in my CD.(One of the 'Evergreen Hits' types of compilation). Both songs outstanding rendered by P Susheela.

tvsankar
1st August 2009, 11:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFEBez4ZNno&feature=related

En iniya pon nilavae........