sarna_blr
30th April 2009, 12:47 PM
staart meesic :boo:

30th April 2009, 12:47 PM
Most movies released now will fit the bill :boo:

sarna_blr
30th April 2009, 12:49 PM
My first big-badaa-megaa-high-full dissappointment started with Anjaneya :oops: still continuing :oops2:

30th April 2009, 12:49 PM
Aalavandhan

30th April 2009, 12:51 PM
Sivaji :sigh2:

// koodiya seekkiram "Movies that matched your expectation" thread thirakkanum :goodidea:

sarna_blr
30th April 2009, 12:55 PM
Sivaji - expected something better than Mudhalvan
Arul - expected something better than Saamy
Ji
Jana
Paramasivan
Thirupathy
Billa

list will continue :oops2:

30th April 2009, 12:58 PM
Mumbai Xpress :x

can't say how disappointing that was..

30th April 2009, 01:01 PM
Azhagiya Tamil Magan (quite disappointing, since I was only having some expectation, and I liked the movie a bit sans the disappointment)

Kuruvi

Villu

(for moth bovies.. really typo then realised.. both movies I didn't expect much but still expected Villu to be better than Kuruvi & ATM)

30th April 2009, 02:16 PM
Alavandhan - FDFS - marakka mudiyadha experience! Titanic kavundha madhiri oru Peelingi!
Baba - First day 2nd show. The crowd which was cheering till interval, became dead calm later.
Ulavuthurai - I think it was VijayaKanth's 150th movie. Yedho subramarine pathi ellam burda vuttaanga. :idontgetit: Colossal dud.
Citizen - FDFS pass kedachidhu. Took my mom, dad and friends to see this fancy dress competition. Adhuvum andha Dracula vesham pramaadham. :fishgrin:
I Love India - First Week - Expected a lot, as his prev movie Suriyan was fairly good.

Baatsha - Seriously I expected more from Rajini+Suresh Krishna combo, especially after a movie like Annamalai, and not a HUM remake.

sarna_blr
30th April 2009, 02:21 PM
Simhaasanam - Captain triple action - that too coming after two blockbusters - but easily the worst captain movie

30th April 2009, 02:26 PM
Anandha Thandavam :oops:

30th April 2009, 03:27 PM

Viraajan,

Neenga AT paartheengala :o

30th April 2009, 06:08 PM
Ulavuthurai - I think it was VijayaKanth's 150th movie. Yedho subramarine pathi ellam burda vuttaanga. :idontgetit: Colossal dud.

125th movie

Avadi to America
30th April 2009, 06:10 PM
Baatsha - Seriously I expected more from Rajini+Suresh Krishna combo, especially after a movie like Annamalai, and not a HUM remake.[/quote]

Neenga thappa eduthu katheenga.....inth commenta padichuttu...appadiey thala suthiduchu.... :huh:

30th April 2009, 06:20 PM
hattori, submarine dhaane, subprime levelku pogaliye, vudunga

30th April 2009, 07:14 PM
Lol, Ulavuthurai looked like a bad attempt by VK to make a movie for A class audiences.
Subprime pathi padam panradhunna Captainukku halwa sappidara madhiri. Statistics quote panna niraya vaippukal undu 8-)

ATA, en kooda theatreku vandhavanga kooda idhey madhiri dhan react panninanga. :|
IMO, Annamalai, Mannan >>> Baatsha, Padayappa

30th April 2009, 07:32 PM
BatshA and Hum are only 25% similar. In Hum, AB works for Danny but in bAtshA, Rajini works for nobody. Rajini's character was much more powerful than AB's.

30th April 2009, 07:50 PM
Aduthu enna thread..

High expectation no satisfaction aa :lol2:

sarna_blr
30th April 2009, 07:53 PM
Aduthu enna thread..

Nil = No :)

30th April 2009, 07:56 PM
Aduthu enna thread..

oh :oops: I just read low satisfaction alone :noteeth:

30th April 2009, 08:21 PM
Aduthu enna thread..

30th April 2009, 08:48 PM
punnagai mannan (phenomenal songs, Kamal, KB but product bayangarakkuppai)

vikram (bayangara build-up in Kumudam, Kamal, Sujatha, techno songs by IR, great trailor in theaters for a while but final product kuppai)

30th April 2009, 09:33 PM
Vanathai Pola

I usually watch movies after reading the reviews:

I had a chance to watch Vanathai Pola on the first day (2000 - Bogi)... but I was disappointed at the first view.

Also I was embrassed to see a few people (youngsters) leaving the theater even before interval.

I thought it would be yet another disaster for Puratchi Kalaignar....... but everyone know what happened later & it revived his career in TFI.

30th April 2009, 09:36 PM
SIVAJI - 2 years of expectations; Rajini + Shankar combination; Expected something like Indian or Mudhalvan; 3 years of hubbing on that movie! :cry: :cry: :cry:

30th April 2009, 10:05 PM
Baba! :cry: Marakkave mudiyadhu went with my friends FDFS! Semma kothu :cry: :cry:

30th April 2009, 10:18 PM
Baba! :cry: Marakkave mudiyadhu went with my friends FDFS! Semma kothu :cry: :cry:

Same here ..My friend who is hardcore fan of Rajini brought me to FDFS in singapore (Ticket kaiyila vachuttu uLLa porathukku adithadiyellam nadanthuchu) and after intervel ,I had to console my friend.

omega
30th April 2009, 11:08 PM
SIVAJI - 2 years of expectations; Rajini + Shankar combination; Expected something like Indian or Mudhalvan; 3 years of hubbing on that movie! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hope there is not another one in the pipeline :)

For me

1) Naattukkoru Nallavan (Sothai)
2) Pandian (high expectation after Annamalai -> Sema kothu)
3) Baba (Ketkave vendaam, sema buildup -> Thalaivara first scenela paathavudane outu)

Movie Cop
1st May 2009, 02:12 AM
1. Aalavandhan: Not that the movie was a trash or anything. But the kind of expectations I had and what I eventually saw on the screen were way off. The pre-release hype was colossal. After watching it first time, I felt it was not worth the hype. Idhulla kaamedy enna na, I first saw the Hindi version Abhay (within 2 days of its release) with my NI friends. During interval, I was hiding for a cover from my NI friends! :oops: Aalavandhan is great in parts but as a complete package it fell way short of my expectations. :evil:

2. Mumbai Express: The less I talk about this the more better. :x Chandramukhi team in their credits slide thanked Kamal Hassan. Only after watching Mumbai Express, I kind of understood why CM team thanked KH before displaying the titles! :oops:

1st May 2009, 02:25 AM
Baba - Though it took me about 3 viewings to realize that the film is indeed way below expectations. But I still re-visit selected scenes from the film and Annan GM was awesome.

10A - Not that it was bad or anything but definitely fell short of my expectations.

Kalloori - :cry2: Disastrous especially in comparison with kAdhal.

VRMBBS - 5tricks was fantastic, I was expecting a similar film but it turned out to be a kAdhalA kAdhalA sort of mokkai comedy.

1st May 2009, 02:28 AM
VRMBBS - 5tricks was fantastic, I was expecting a similar film but it turned out to be a kAdhalA kAdhalA sort of mokkai comedy.

Enna kodumai Nerd? Don't even compare KK with VR.. VR was way better and entertaining.. Okay, vENumnA climax oNdi reNdulayumE magA mokkai.

1st May 2009, 02:34 AM
KUSELAN

SIVAJI

BABA

VEERA

UZHAIPAALI

YEJAMAAN

1st May 2009, 02:37 AM
mArkkabandhu, mudhal sandhu etc. ellAm sema mokkai.. 2nd half kEkkavE vEnAm.. Kattipudi vaithiyam :lol: You must see the original if you haven't already seen it. Prabu playing Arshad Warsi's role :banghead:

1st May 2009, 02:43 AM
Aathi - Just too violent.

Ponniyin Selvan - of all actors why did Radha Mohan pick Ravikrishna for this role.

1977 - very dissapointing movie.

1st May 2009, 02:43 AM
Arunaachalam. Such a disappointment. Was expecting a Guru
Sishyan/Thillu mullu/veerA like comedy from SundarC whose previous films had some rib-tickling scenes. (uLLathai aLLithA and mEttukkudi)

Movie Cop
1st May 2009, 04:38 AM
Vasool Raja << Munna Bhai.

But I wasn't disappointed with VR because I seriously didn't had any expectations that it will match MB. So, in that way, VR met my expectations. 8-) However, for me, the couple of sore complaints about VR is:

1. Prabhu :banghead: He was no where close to the "circuit".
2. Pairing of KH & Sneha. Not that Sneha is bad or anything but there is really no onscreen chemistry between herself & KH! :?

1st May 2009, 07:34 AM
Kalloori - :cry2: Disastrous especially in comparison with kAdhal.

Biggest disappointment :cry:

1st May 2009, 11:48 AM

Enna kodumai Nerd? Don't even compare KK with VR.. VR was way better and entertaining.. Okay, vENumnA climax oNdi reNdulayumE magA mokkai.

yes.. I too feel the same

1st May 2009, 11:52 AM
5 tricks i found kinda mokkai.. :oops:

i thoroughly enjoyed pks
vrmbbs was good.

i would put 5tricks to the last in my fav kamal comedies in past decade...because kadhala kadhala was hilarious in parts.

1st May 2009, 11:58 AM

I too accept this.. when few hubbers raving about this film.. I was :roll: & will leave the thread with a :?

But I thoroughly enjoyed Sathileelavathi / Singaravelan / VRMBBS kind of comedies from Kamal

1st May 2009, 12:03 PM

I too accept this.. when few hubbers raving about this film.. I was :roll: & will leave the thread with a :?

But I thoroughly enjoyed Sathileelavathi / Singaravelan / VRMBBS kind of comedies from Kamal

Prabo
1st May 2009, 01:31 PM
Revolution, Education and Development :oops:
Pongal release. Festive atmosphere. As usual big opening. We around 30 guys from my street and cricket team went for FDFS in a suburban theater. While waiting to get in, special show mudinchu oruthan :cry: vanthaan. Appovae mild'a doubt aanaen. But, my friend convinced that Ajith gets stabbed in the climax so only he was crying'nu. Next our turn, the rest is history :wink:

Prabo
1st May 2009, 01:36 PM
Aduthu enna thread..

High expectation High satisfaction
No expectation No satisfaction :twisted:

1st May 2009, 01:47 PM

Viraajan,

Neenga AT paartheengala :o

:lol: :notthatway:

pAkkala.. But friends' comments, review made me post it here... i really expected a lot from this movie... :(

1st May 2009, 05:21 PM

yes.. I too feel the same naansense..

Kaadhalaa Kaadhalaa is a non-stop laugh riot..

sirichu sirichu pallu valikkum..

Movie Cop
1st May 2009, 10:05 PM

i thoroughly enjoyed pks
vrmbbs was good.

i would put 5tricks to the last in my fav kamal comedies in past decade...because kadhala kadhala was hilarious in parts.

To me, I liked the Kamal's comedies starting from the 90's in the below order:

Avvai Shanmughi >> Thenali > Singaravelan > Sathi Leelavathy = PKS > KK = 5'tricks >> Mumbai Express.

Movie Cop
1st May 2009, 10:08 PM

+1 for the bolded comment. 5-tricks first half was good but second half was sort of mokkai. :oops: It's not that 5-tricks is bad but KH has given better comedies than that. 8-)

1st May 2009, 10:14 PM

i thoroughly enjoyed pks
vrmbbs was good.

Avvai Shanmughi >> Thenali > Singaravelan > Sathi Leelavathy = PKS > KK = 5'tricks >> Mumbai Express.

u left mmkr :)

for me from his 90's comedies

mmkr > sathileelavathi > avvai shanmugi > singaravelan > pks > kadhala kadhala > mumbai express > thenali > 5 tricks

Movie Cop
2nd May 2009, 12:30 AM

i thoroughly enjoyed pks
vrmbbs was good.

u left mmkr :)

for me from his 90's comedies

mmkr > sathileelavathi > avvai shanmugi > singaravelan > pks > kadhala kadhala > mumbai express > thenali > 5 tricks
Oh yes! :oops:
In my list, I would put MMKR in the same pedestal as Sathi Lelavathy/PKS! :)

Avadi to America
2nd May 2009, 10:11 PM
[quote=Vivasaayi]5 tricks i found kinda mokkai.. :oops:

I go with this order... i did not like panachthanthiram much...but i liked lot PKS. SIngaravelan was pretty good probably more than thenali especially kamal and gounds combo was too good. VRMBBS is ok kind of movie and had seen Munnabhai upteen time and liked it. the highlight of the movie is circuet character which is big let down in tamil.

2nd May 2009, 10:37 PM
Avvai Shanmughi >> Thenali > Singaravelan > Sathi Leelavathy = PKS > KK = 5'tricks >> Mumbai Express.[/quote]

Singaravelan excluded - it had Gounder. It is not fair to others. And it is 'not' a Kamal film.

MMKR >>>.......> SL > AS ~ PKS > KK > Panchatantiram > ThenAli > MX

I find ThenAli quite unfunny actually and if I rewatch MX it is quite likely they may flip.

2nd May 2009, 10:40 PM

For me..

SL > MMKR > AS > Tenali > PanchaThanthiram > PKS >MX

2nd May 2009, 10:49 PM

For me..

x > MMKR for any value of x is a punishable offence :twisted:

2nd May 2009, 10:55 PM

For me..

x > MMKR for any value of x is a punishable offence :twisted: :lol:

2nd May 2009, 11:01 PM

For me..

PR,
Rendu padathayum release week-la paathirukken..MMKR ippo neenga silaagikkuRa aLavukku appo silagikkappadavillai ..Trichy-la Maris 70MM-la 35 days thaan oodichu ..Chennai-la thaan nalla odichu ..Sathi leelavathi aLavukku MMKR-kku audience (including me) kannula thanni varra aLavu sirikkala.. SL-kku athigama idangaLil theatre kulungiyathu.

2nd May 2009, 11:05 PM

For me..

PR,
Rendu padathayum release week-la paathirukken..MMKR ippo neenga silaagikkuRa aLavukku appo silagikkappadavillai ..Trichy-la Maris 70MM-la 35 days thaan oodichu ..Chennai-la thaan nalla odichu ..Sathi leelavathi aLavukku MMKR-kku audience (including me) kannula thanni varra aLavu sirikkala.. SL-kku athigama idangaLil theatre kulungiyathu.

ennanga badhil ellAm sollikkittu :lol2:

Interesting to see how different folks have different ordering this.

2nd May 2009, 11:58 PM
..Sathi leelavathi aLavukku MMKR-kku audience (including me) kannula thanni varra aLavu sirikkala.. SL-kku athigama idangaLil theatre kulungiyathu.

:yes:

I still remember - My father was in tears laughing hard which he rarely does watching a movie...as far as I remember SATHILEELAVTHI is the movie he enjoyed THE most in a theatre.

Even now its one movie which gets watched whenever its telecasted on TV...not even mmkr

3rd May 2009, 12:01 AM
Light-A raththakkodhippu maadhiri varudhu

nesst meet paNrEn :wave:

3rd May 2009, 12:17 AM
MMKR is a legendary movie.......i watched it in cuddalore along with my dad - honestly, me and my dad were the only ones who laughed in the theater(obviously, i was copying my dad at that age.....he was my hero u know) - all others were like :roll: :lol:

i agree with PR here - i dont think there can be a better comedy movie than MMKR......raju kamal's "catch my point" dialogue timing is hallmark of a genius :bow: andha madhiri situation, timing, dialogues ellam ini yaaralum conceptualise-e panna mudiyaadhu :)

to me MMKR>SingaraVelan (gounds factor)> 5tricks > SL .....i find kaadhala kaadhala, avvai shanmugi, MX very irritating......

3rd May 2009, 07:53 AM
Light-A raththakkodhippu maadhiri varudhu

nesst meet paNrEn :wave:

as i had already posted,for me it has always been

but the fact is I have watched MMKR countless times and I can tell the next dialogue even before the charecter tells it.So nowadays even when it was telecasted on TV ,I just skip after few minutes... :oops:

but for sathileelavathi,I watch it till the end ......theres something which makes it look always fresh

3rd May 2009, 09:42 AM
avvai shanmugi > thenali > sathileelavathi >mmkr > VRmbbs > 5 tricks singaravelan > pks > kadhala kadhala > mumbai express > 0

3rd May 2009, 10:07 AM
thenali >mmkr :shock:

3rd May 2009, 10:21 AM
i think Avvai Shanmugi, Pammal K Sammatham, Panchathanthiram, and Kadhala Kadhala all r great and top class comedy films..... i really really enjoyed them..... 8-)

3rd May 2009, 11:27 AM
Folks, enna idhu? Oru dijipline venaam...MMKR ellam indha thread-la pesa padadhu(High expectation, low satisfaction), even if in positive terms

Movie Cop
3rd May 2009, 12:11 PM
thenali >mmkr :shock:
Jaaze... Idhulla :shock: -aga enna irrukku? Actually, I found the last 30-45 min of MMKR as mokkai :oops: I sort of felt "dei padatha seekarum mudingada" kind of. Kamaeshawaran/Oorvasi were the highlight of the movie.

Agreed Thenali's comedy is slap stick. But KH acting super-uhh irrukum. Adhukaagave you can watch it several times. 8-) The scene where KH meets Jayaram for the first time, enna oru acting! Only a man of Kamal's calibre can act that way with aplomb :thumbsup: :notworthy: Even Jayaram was equally brilliant in Thenali... And Diamond Babu was a riot :rotfl: The scene where Diamond babu asks, "Dei Thenali.. andha rusk daba enga da?" and Jayaram's reaction to that :rotfl2:

Though slaptstick, to me, Thenali beats MMKR hands down! :yes: :exactly:

3rd May 2009, 04:54 PM
I find the enterainment level of MMKR to be better than that of Tenali (in the sense of numerous laughs). Kadhala Kadhala is 2nd to MMKR eventhough some even question why Kamal agreed to act in such a movie. Both movies are such laugh riots I tell you :rotfl:

3rd May 2009, 05:52 PM
only MX was a let down in comedy.. may be PKS.. others rock..

3rd May 2009, 06:32 PM
MMKR is great in nostalgia. that film was probably the first of the very many later Kamal comedies. He has beaten his own performance many times since then.

I thoroughly enjoyed MMKR in cinema but when I revisited the film last year......... :roll:
MC is right; the extended climax had ppl wondering when it will finish.

Thenali was excellent (I watched 3 times in cinema), but Avvai Shanmughi beats them all. Hardly can you find a remake better than the original, and here you have it! :thumbsup:

3rd May 2009, 06:46 PM
only MX was a let down in comedy.. may be PKS.. others rock..MX was :banghead: - a film that is best forgotten.

KK is another embarassment - I could not forgive Kamal for doing the same thing PD did scene for scene in NINI. :hammer:

3rd May 2009, 07:40 PM
ithu ethanaavathu time :huh: kamal comedy la ethu better comedy nnu argument varathu :lol2:

equa and compli vanthu yaethaavathu post pannaathaan niruthuveenga poala :twisted:

3rd May 2009, 07:45 PM
ithu ethanaavathu time :huh: kamal comedy la ethu better comedy nnu argument varathu :lol2:

equa and compli vanthu yaethaavathu post pannaathaan niruthuveenga poala :twisted:

Anyway, naanum en pangukku ennOda rating'a pOdalAmnu vanthEn but NOV had said it already except Singara Velan. It ends up as my least favourite. Prabhu-oda rattha kothippu innum koncham athigamAgumnu nenekiREn :mrgreen:

avvai shanmugi > thenali > sathileelavathi >mmkr > VRmbbs > 5 tricks > singaravelan > pks > kadhala kadhala > mumbai express > 0

3rd May 2009, 07:56 PM
Prabhu-oda rattha kothippu innum koncham athigamAgumnu nenekiREn :mrgreen:

intha thread maela High expectations vachchi, mods la irunthu yaarumae ninaicha discussion pannaama irukurathaala, no satisfaction kku ullaana thread creator kku raththa kothippu athigamaagumnu thoanuthu :lol2:

sarna_blr
4th May 2009, 08:40 AM
Singaravelan excluded - it had Gounder. It is not fair to others. And it is 'not' a Kamal film.

I find ThenAli quite unfunny actually and if I rewatch MX it is quite likely they may flip.

yeh, SingaravElan can be excluded because its a paccaa GM movie 8-)

my list

MMKR>MX>PKS>SL>PT>AS

Thenali - at first viewing I laughed - at second viewing I was :roll: - mokka movie :x

sarna_blr
4th May 2009, 08:42 AM
only MX was a let down in comedy.

please try it again :) i guess u may like it :?

4th May 2009, 08:45 AM
MMKR> Apoorva S>Avvai S>Tenali>PKS > PT> MX

Now, where do I fit Pushpak in? Haven't seen it for long time.

Movie Cop
4th May 2009, 09:24 AM

Rakesh,
We were considering KH's comedies from the 90's. Hence Pushpak (1988) & Apoorva S (1989) were not rated by the other folks. Also, Apoorva is a little more than a full fledged comedy. It's a mixture of everything - a bible for a perfect masala flick. 8-)

Btw, You reminded me of Pushphak. I have seen it just once & it's been ages since I saw that movie. Time to revisit Pushpak sometime soon. :)

Movie Cop
4th May 2009, 09:38 AM

yeh, SingaravElan can be excluded because its a paccaa GM movie 8-)

my list

MMKR>MX>PKS>SL>PT>AS

Thenali - at first viewing I laughed - at second viewing I was :roll: - mokka movie :x
Sarna,
I thought the other way around about Singaravelan. In Gounder dominated movies during the period of mid-80's to mid-90's, Singaravelan is one of those movies where you see Gounder playing a rare second fiddle in a comedy track what with KH taking the upper hand. It was in stark contrast to other Gounder movies where he use to call the shots in the comedy tracks. :? Even in "Indian", Gounders comedy track was subdued compared to let's say a "Gentleman"!

4th May 2009, 09:57 AM
EKSI

ellarum 5tricks'a ivlo mosama solliteenga... I thought it was ahead of its time when it released, now I m able to watch that movie innumerous times without any boredom! Crazy was in top form in that movie!! :thumbsup:

I end up indiscreetly quoting many dialogues from that movie every now and then... so many short jokes, one-liners... :clap: but still the story and certain scenes are :oops:

MMKR's biggest plus is the storyline and screenplay. Work of a genius!! and to still have that much of comedy element in that movie makes it once in a centure movie... no second thoughts :cool:

4th May 2009, 10:02 AM

Rakesh,
We were considering KH's comedies from the 90's. Hence Pushpak (1988) & Apoorva S (1989) were not rated by the other folks. Also, Apoorva is a little more than a full fledged comedy. It's a mixture of everything - a bible for a perfect masala flick. 8-)

:oops: Sorry about that.

Appadina (just realised I missed KK).

MMKR> AS>Tenali>PKS > PT> MX>KK

SL is not really a all-out Kamal movie, in my opinion. Though his presence is huge....if it has to be included then, it shall be after Avvai.

You reminded me of Pushphak.
:D Thanks. I thought I always reminded myself of Rhino's rear end.

Okay, okay, I got what you mean. I couldn't find the VCD or DVD here, mate. Difficult to get.

Movie Cop
4th May 2009, 10:31 AM
SL is not really a all-out Kamal movie, in my opinion. Though his presence is huge....if it has to be included then, it shall be after Avvai.
Yes, SL is a movie where the script comes first and second is Kamal's character. I remember, KH was supposed to play a cameo in SL and let the story revolve around Ramesh Arvind/Heera episode. But as the script was developed, KH's character got more weightage and he ended up playing more than a cameo.

Also, that was a time KH was going thro' a lean patch at the BO. His last 3 movies (Kalaignan, Mahanadhi, Nammavar) flunked at the BO. And he was in desperate need for a blockbuster to disprove his detractors. SL's smash hit at BO not only shut the mouth of his detractors but also helped KH to discover a new weapon called "comedy" to rescue him whenever he goes off track at the BO. 8-)

4th May 2009, 01:52 PM
Yes but even in his limited presence Kamal as Sakthivel Gounder is funnier than many of his other movies where he had more time on screen. It is the 'character' that sets it apart.

The scene where Kamal and KS come home on DeepavaLi, Kalpana is sobbing and KS nudges him to look at Kalpana. He nudges KS back with an expression of naughty intimacy that is indescribably funny :lol:

4th May 2009, 01:56 PM
The scene where Kamal and KS come home on DeepavaLi, Kalpana is sobbing and KS nudges him to look at Kalpana. He nudges KS back with an expression of naughty intimacy that is indescribably funny :lol:

Adding to that, Kalapana says EnnannE, ninnu kittE irukkEngga(asking him to go after KS). Kamal sits at once... :lol:

equanimus
4th May 2009, 02:06 PM
He nudges KS back with an expression of naughty intimacy that is indescribably funny :lol:
:lol: A brilliant performance!

4th May 2009, 02:23 PM
Varanamayiram :oops:

4th May 2009, 02:43 PM

saanso saaiso....

andha saaklate kudukara kutti vandha mattum elupidu

sirikama adichikite irukka...sOkku

ippathan oru sinna oodu puduchen

4th May 2009, 03:03 PM
The scene in the restaurant with Heera where he is looking at the prompting notes on his thigh and is counting the points on one hand :lol:

Climax: indha un paper....allAm maRandhu maRandhu pOvudhu :lol:

4th May 2009, 03:08 PM
:lol: Thanks for reminiscing gusy. Been long time since I saw SL.

Did anyone see the Kannada version? And if so, how was it?

4th May 2009, 03:10 PM
And it was made at some speed

DeepavaLi 94 was Nammavar. There was an interview on DD on that day where many celebrities were asking Kamal questions. Balu Mahendra lamented the fact that Kamal also made many bad films. Kamal accepted it while taking a shot - that both he and BM had many 'kuppais' and it was up to them to clean it up.

I am guessing they worked on a quick collaboration only after that. Then in 95 Pongal we have Sathi Leelavathi.

3 months flat for a movie like that !

Ippo ennadannA 1 varusham- 2 varusham thEykkiraanga :x

4th May 2009, 03:12 PM
mumbai express :(
kamal generally doesn't dissapoint me. One of the few movies where he did.

4th May 2009, 03:12 PM
Indha thread-ai Kamal's comedies-nu rename pannidalam. SL, MMKR, T, PT, PKS ellam vechu oru pollum pottudalam.
Prediction:MMKR will win by a mile. The difference between MMKR and the otehrs is for the sheer canvas, the screenplay, the multiple conceits, and everything, it competes for teh all-time best in Tamil comedies. SL is a serious movie underneath.

4th May 2009, 03:18 PM
MMKR :redjump:

4th May 2009, 03:25 PM
I think I have to rewatch MX....

Caught some juvenile funny moments on tv. If I quote some of you may dislike it even further:

Ramesh Aravind: enjoy !
Pasupathi: unnOda 40 % ?
RA: en joy-ai naan paathukkarEn :lol2:

VaiyApuri: enna irundhaalum avar Boss...get-out-nA uLLa pOyira vENdiyadhu dhaanE :lol2:

Kamal's first conversation with Nasser :D

btw why largely no BGM. French nee wave-la appidi thaanA ?

4th May 2009, 05:25 PM
Vettayaadu Vilayaadu :sigh2:

Gautham had failed to recreate another episode in a police officer's life with the right ingredients.

equanimus
4th May 2009, 05:41 PM
Indha thread-ai Kamal's comedies-nu rename pannidalam. SL, MMKR, T, PT, PKS ellam vechu oru pollum pottudalam.
Prediction:MMKR will win by a mile.
Oh, the horrors of democracy!

4th May 2009, 05:57 PM
equa, I said this before. Each of us operates at our level of competence - apdi ipdi adjust madkondri.

equanimus
4th May 2009, 06:06 PM
Plum, nAmellAm bhai-bhai... summA EdhO solRadhu dhAn. (appuRam nAngallAm eppayyA protest seyRadhu!)

4th May 2009, 07:27 PM
equa, no, no, dhaaralama protest pannunga. I was making a plain statement of fact - absolutely no hurt or resentment in play.

equanimus
4th May 2009, 07:56 PM
ada, EdhO comedy paNNEn, Plum...

P.S.: I yam escape before someone points out that the thread has come to a halt thanks to my posting here!

4th May 2009, 08:09 PM
equa, this thread was fast marching towards a halt. Neenga onnum pannalai indha murai. Naan oru thread aarambichu poll podaradhunnu mudivu pannitten. HUB, stop me if you can :-)

6th May 2009, 06:53 AM
:lol: Thanks for reminiscing gusy. Been long time since I saw SL.

Did anyone see the Kannada version? And if so, how was it?
Not a bad remake at all, but i guess namakku (TN) SL dhaan ultimate

6th May 2009, 06:56 AM
Aalavandhaan - Unforgettable day

sarna_blr
6th May 2009, 08:22 AM

6th May 2009, 09:13 PM
..Sathi leelavathi aLavukku MMKR-kku audience (including me) kannula thanni varra aLavu sirikkala.. SL-kku athigama idangaLil theatre kulungiyathu.

I still remember - My father was in tears laughing hard which he rarely does watching a movie...as far as I remember SATHILEELAVTHI is the movie he enjoyed THE most in a theatre.

Even now its one movie which gets watched whenever its telecasted on TV...not even mmkr

yes... SathiLeelavathi.. plain & simple to enjoy....... no need to think.. ah how he did all these in one scene.. pamaranukku puriyum nagaichuvai (always my taste)

dei arunu...

dei sakthiiiii inge ennada panre

aahn saami kumbuduraen

6th May 2009, 09:21 PM

S.S.R Pankajam fans special show 9AM-nu sonnaanga. Potti vara 2-3 mani aiduchu. Pathaakoraikku adichu pudichu ulla pona odane evacuate panni marupadiyum entry padalam. Mannan Rajini/Kaunder range ku ellam sattaya kazhatti puzhinjukitte ponom. Veliya field rasigargal manam thalarama, udal kalaikkaama nalla andhar, galatta "LIC heightu dhaan aalavandhaan weight dhaan" and a dozen other slogans, poojai etc etc.. Was not a field worker then, just a passivist.
Idhayellam meeri ulla poi ukkandhu, cartoon arambikka solla mayaana amaidhi theater la... appo naan kathunen "'kaali ippo kathungalenda LIC heightu dhaan... m--- weightu dhaan nu"... Deathly silence for most of the movie...Total surrender..
Veetukku kooda helmet maattitu dhan poga vendiyirunchu... :(

Best part enna na kooda vandha oru Puratchi Kalaignar fan had booked matinee or evening show ticket for Thavasi(?).. adhuvum paakka mudiyaama poiruchu :rotfl:

P.S: Obviously subsequent viewings were not bad as the first time but this is the ultimate high expectation low satisfaction...

P.S2: SSR Pankajam - Anbe Sivam, MX - suthama raasiye illadha theater :banghead:

6th May 2009, 09:47 PM
Kodi PaRakkuthu

High expectation due to BR-Rajini Combo after 1 Vayathinile.

Trichy Maris-la adichu pidichu First day extra chair pottu paarthaa :(

6th May 2009, 11:25 PM
cr,

actually i think no aandavar movie can match our expectations in the first viewing..

6th May 2009, 11:26 PM
cr,

actually i think no aandavar movie can match our expectations in the first viewing..

Ive heard about "India" meeting the huging expectations and even surpassed the expectations from the seniors.

7th May 2009, 12:02 AM
cr,

Ive heard about "Indian" meeting the huging expectations and even surpassed the expectations from the seniors. yes... cos it was expected to be a pucca masala and it was.. had excellent acting too..

Dasavathaaram disappointed in its PP work and chasing scenes.. having heard sooooo much abt the script and actually having seen of the scenes before itself, it was a slight let down for the first time.. but on subsequent viewings, its my most fav movie ever..

here our means "bala and karthi"

7th May 2009, 07:07 AM

S.S.R Pankajam fans special show 9AM-nu sonnaanga. Potti vara 2-3 mani aiduchu. Pathaakoraikku adichu pudichu ulla pona odane evacuate panni marupadiyum entry padalam. Mannan Rajini/Kaunder range ku ellam sattaya kazhatti puzhinjukitte ponom. Veliya field rasigargal manam thalarama, udal kalaikkaama nalla andhar, galatta "LIC heightu dhaan aalavandhaan weight dhaan" and a dozen other slogans, poojai etc etc.. Was not a field worker then, just a passivist.
Idhayellam meeri ulla poi ukkandhu, cartoon arambikka solla mayaana amaidhi theater la... appo naan kathunen "'kaali ippo kathungalenda LIC heightu dhaan... m--- weightu dhaan nu"... Deathly silence for most of the movie...Total surrender..
:lol: I mean, :( .

I had similar experience...and can you believe that this happened in Singapore??? :?

It was for Villathi Villain. After Amaithi Padai, expectation was reaching feverish high.

There were hardly anything resembling queue there. I think it was when I developed fear for crowd, I still get nervous when stuck between huge crowd. The sweat, the feeling that I'd be first Malaysian to be crushed to death in a neighbouring rival island finally subsided when I reached the counter where the person behind it was as friendly as my uncle's Rottweiler.

Appadi ippadinu, ulla poyee utkaarnthom (me and cousin, the bugger never even volunteered to buy the ticket, rascal!). Never even buy popcorn or coke.

Poyee ulla paartha, theemtalakkadi thillaalee.....

Etho the comedy was a bit aruthal for us.

Yes, Villathi Villain was a "crushing" disappointment.

7th May 2009, 07:09 AM

:rotfl: kaaththadichathu yaarale.. :lol:

7th May 2009, 07:14 AM

:rotfl: kaaththadichathu yaarale.. :lol:
GM: Embaa eerkanavee nonthupooyiteen :lol:

It was called Hoover's Theater, if I recall correctly, in Balestiers road. Innum irukka, Joe?

7th May 2009, 07:18 AM
It was called Hoover's Theater, if I recall correctly, in Balestiers road. Innum irukka, Joe?

Irukku ..But Tamil padam screen pannurathilla .. Villaathi villain thaan kaaraNama-nnu theriyalla :lol:

7th May 2009, 08:37 AM
For dasavatharam its toally a different experience

Me and my friend are kamal fans(went with around 10 boys) and more than watching the movie we are concerned abt the audience (other boys with us)reaction.In satyam theatre even in the first day the people dont clap or whistle it seems...totally confused..when interval came i was confused whether i liked the movie or not...and my friend too....first 10 min .. balram naidu...fletcher intro etc ellam sooper irundhalum..mm

all other boys were happy abt the movie...and said "ungalukku idhuku mela enna padam venum"

i thought.. "adhu sari"

But it was totally different in second viewing...It was good. :)

7th May 2009, 08:41 AM
Dasavatharam for me, matched my expectation. Perhaps if I were a Kamal fan, I would have still posted it there too. A decent attempt. Just ignore the flaws and enjoy the movie.

7th May 2009, 01:09 PM
cr,

:lol: yeah

equanimus
7th May 2009, 01:12 PM
cr,

Doesn't that say something about the set expectations? :)

7th May 2009, 01:14 PM
cr,

:lol: yeah aandavaa.. :sigh2:

7th May 2009, 01:48 PM
cr,

Doesn't that say something about the set expectations? :)
Thirunthaatha case-nga :)

sgokulprathap
7th May 2009, 01:55 PM
Asal padam indha thread la discuss panra alavukku vandhuda koodaadhu aandavaa. :shaking:

Prabo
9th May 2009, 12:59 PM
Sivaji

Nearly 30 - 35 guys, most of them are Tamil and few Telugu colleagues from office went to this movie at Adlabs, Pune. It was raining, but that didn't deter anyones interest. Theater door open pannathakae sema whistle, sound....All northies who came to watch JBJ were :shock:. Door open pannathakae ippadina, padam arambicha enna pannavangalo ninachirupanga :lol:. Amidst, much hype movie started and didn't sustain interest even for the first half hour. The movie was so disappointing that the fellow next to me slept and woke up only during the MGR intro bgm. Big letdown from Sankar cements, though Rajni really rocked.

11th May 2009, 01:07 PM
Dhanam

11th May 2009, 01:36 PM
Mozhi - :x

boring and blunt-ish

11th May 2009, 01:41 PM

boring and blunt-ish you had high expectation for this movie? :shock:

11th May 2009, 01:44 PM
i only watched it yesterday after glowing praises all over the internet..

oru time-la, jothika en kannai kuthiduvangannu bayanthutten :lol:

11th May 2009, 02:01 PM
Heard lots of praise from friends and family, apart from good reviews here.

But I couldn't last more than fifteen minutes. Nalla kaalathileyee Jyothika's performance doesn't sink with me.

sarna_blr
11th May 2009, 02:08 PM

boring and blunt-ish

I felt Jyo was/is the ONLY negative in this movie :P other than that Mozhi is cool to watch.... but people should watch this movie amidst the pop-corn crowd to enjoy the fun :lol:

11th May 2009, 07:26 PM
Vaaranam aayiram - Drove more than 150 miles to watch this borefest. Sathiyamaa mudiyala.
KusElan/Sandhiramugi - Flew 500 miles to watch them.

11th May 2009, 07:47 PM
500 miles fly panni paartha, endha padamum expectation match aagadhu Nerd :-)

11th May 2009, 07:54 PM
500 miles fly panni paartha, endha padamum expectation match aagadhu Nerd :-)

Try topping this. 14,434 kilometers (http://www.convertunits.com/distance/from/Chennai,+India/to/Los+Angeles,+CA) to watch Synecdoche New York.

Kaufman kavuthuttAr.

11th May 2009, 08:00 PM
Three much. EnnamO indha padam pAkkuradhukkAgavE.. :twisted:

Another one BillA(07) - Vishnu kavuthuttAr.

11th May 2009, 08:09 PM

Indha padatthukkudhan naan "not upto the expectation" mudhal thadavai post pannen. Annaikku aarambichadhudhan :lol:

11th May 2009, 08:10 PM
Saroja :sigh2:

11th May 2009, 08:11 PM

konjam overa expect panniten ... but not very disappointing....okvana padam.

11th May 2009, 08:18 PM

konjam overa expect panniten ... but not very disappointing....okvana padam.

Inge hub-la thaan over hype kuduththanga ..kadaisila paartha sariyana mokkai.

11th May 2009, 08:19 PM

Adhaane. Trip Sponsor Pannina Mahanubhavudu yaaru?

11th May 2009, 08:21 PM

Avar thosai saapidurathukku singapore vantharu. :)

11th May 2009, 08:21 PM

Best part enna na kooda vandha oru Puratchi Kalaignar fan had booked matinee or evening show ticket for Thavasi(?).. adhuvum paakka mudiyaama poiruchu :rotfl:

P.S: Obviously subsequent viewings were not bad as the first time but this is the ultimate high expectation low satisfaction...

P.S2: SSR Pankajam - Anbe Sivam, MX - suthama raasiye illadha theater :banghead:

Yenna ippidi solliteenga. The first Kamal movie which got released in this theatre is Thenaali - Ran close to 100 days in SSR Pankajam.
Panchatanthram had a decent run too. 7+ weeks in SSRP and Kasi. Even Yavarum Nalam ran only 25 days and Silambattam 2 weeks.

11th May 2009, 08:32 PM

Adhaane. Trip Sponsor Pannina Mahanubhavudu yaaru?

Nerd/Plum I will just say this. That was a business trip that could have waited 1-2 months. Synecdoche was among the few things I was looking forward to when I chose to go a little earlier.

இங்க தான் ரசனைகெட்ட ப்ளடி இண்டியன்ஸ் படத்தை ரிலீஸ் பண்ணலைன்னு நினைச்சேன். அமெரிக்கா போன்ற மேலை நாடுகளில் இதை எல்லாம் இது போன்ற கலைப்படைப்பை முக்குக்கு முக்கு கொண்டாடுவாங்கன்னு நம்பினேன்.

இல்லை. பக்கத்து ஊர்ல ஒக்கே ஒக்க தியேட்டர்ல போட்டிருந்தான். கலிஃபோர்னியாவின் பொது போக்குவரத்து துறையைப் பற்றித் தெரிந்தவர்களுக்கு என் முயற்சியின் ஆழம் புரியும். இரண்டு பேருந்துகள், ஒரு ஊர்விட்டு ஊர் ரயில், ஒரு உள்ளூர் ரயில் என்று மாறி, அன்பர் காம்ப்ளியை சந்தித்து அந்த டெண்ட் கொட்டகைக்குப் போய் நெற்றி வேர்வை நிலத்தில் சிந்த பார்த்த படம் அது.

11th May 2009, 08:37 PM

Avar thosai saapidurathukku singapore vantharu. :)

ஆமாம் ஆமாம். நான் கூட கூட்டி வந்தவங்க அப்படி :lol2:
நான் தனியா வந்தாலும் நீங்க உள்ளூர் கடைக்கே கூட்டிப்போயிட்டீங்க.

அட்லீஸ்ட் மலேசியால Thalafanz வாழை இலைல நூடுல்ஸ் வாங்கி குடுத்தார்.

11th May 2009, 09:42 PM

Indha padatthukkudhan naan "not upto the expectation" mudhal thadavai post pannen. Annaikku aarambichadhudhan :lol:

Ok the latest one from my side is 'Curious Case of Benjamin Button' . High expectation ellAm irukkala - but OraLavu expectation irunthathu, but disappointing.

11th May 2009, 10:01 PM
Ok the latest one from my side is 'Curious Case of Benjamin Button' . High expectation ellAm irukkala - but OraLavu expectation irunthathu, but disappointing.

Me too.

2hr 45mins....interval kooda udalai padupaavinga.

11th May 2009, 10:25 PM

Me too.

2hr 45mins....interval kooda udalai padupaavinga.

Yeah it was too long .. padamum mokkai.. eppadA mudiyumnu aachu. Nalla vElai Osi DVD. yethuvumE solRaa mAthiri irukkala padathula.

11th May 2009, 10:31 PM
Sivaji
Dasavathaaram
Vaaranam aayiram
Ayan
Anniyan

11th May 2009, 10:39 PM
Sivaji
Dasavathaaram
Vaaranam aayiram
Ayan
Anniyan

avlothana?

11th May 2009, 10:43 PM
Yeah it was too long .. padamum mokkai.. eppadA mudiyumnu aachu. Nalla vElai Osi DVD. yethuvumE solRaa mAthiri irukkala padathula.

appidi illai
It had its good parts but overall it was so long and boring that one couldn't sustain interest in it.

11th May 2009, 10:50 PM
Sivaji
Dasavathaaram
Vaaranam aayiram
Ayan
Anniyan

avlothana?

innum nirayaa irukku, athellaam next episode-la

11th May 2009, 10:51 PM
Sivaji
Dasavathaaram
Vaaranam aayiram
Ayan
Anniyan

avlothana?

venampa merkondu episode romba bayangarama irukkum pola..

11th May 2009, 10:52 PM
Sivaji
Dasavathaaram
Vaaranam aayiram
Ayan
Anniyan

avlothana?

venampa merkondu episode romba bayangarama irukkum pola..

oru mega serial ottanumnaa summaava :evil:

11th May 2009, 10:55 PM
illa nee oru class fan.. :lol:

appayum dasa, va ellam below expectations-nu sonniya athan konjam confusion..

11th May 2009, 10:59 PM
nee oru class fan.. :lol:

"nee oru kadhal sangeedham" madhiri solreenga :lol:

12th May 2009, 12:42 AM
illa nee oru class fan.. :lol:

High class-a, Low class-a illa middle class-a? konjam paathu pottu kuduppaa :shaking:

12th May 2009, 06:29 AM
ஆமாம் ஆமாம். நான் கூட கூட்டி வந்தவங்க அப்படி :lol2:
நான் தனியா வந்தாலும் நீங்க உள்ளூர் கடைக்கே கூட்டிப்போயிட்டீங்க.

அட்லீஸ்ட் மலேசியால Thalafanz வாழை இலைல நூடுல்ஸ் வாங்கி குடுத்தார்.

இத இப்போ தான் பார்த்தேன் :lol:

We went for a shopping and PR was selecting something (cloth) for his mom.

Me: உங்க அப்பாவுக்கு எதுவும் வாங்கலையா?
PR: என் அப்பா இதெல்லாம் போட மாட்டார்.
Me: :oops: :P
NOV: :lol:

12th May 2009, 07:47 AM
nee oru class fan.. :lol:

"nee oru kadhal sangeedham" madhiri solreenga :lol: :lol:

12th May 2009, 10:29 AM

appidi illai
It had its good parts but overall it was so long and boring that one couldn't sustain interest in it.

Good parts irunthaalum - ellAmE mElOttamA irunthuchu. Performance was bad. Heroine specially. I thought our Thrisha would have done a better job than her. niRaiya solla vanthu kadaisiyila ethuvumE sariyA solllala.

sarna_blr
12th May 2009, 11:03 AM
I thought our Thrisha would have done a better job than her

so, trisha'va vida mosamaa nadikkakkoodiya heroines irukkaanga :o

12th May 2009, 11:11 AM
PR, otuhukkaren. Neenga periya thillalangadi dhaannu othukkaren. Nestu meet pandren :-)

Sourav
12th May 2009, 11:15 AM

// enna acchu? Pm-mungo... :P

12th May 2009, 10:08 PM

PM panna.. sir enna pannuveenga :P

Sourav
19th May 2009, 09:02 AM
Sarvvam. :(

Sourav
19th May 2009, 09:03 AM

PM panna.. sir enna pannuveenga :PPadichu paapen... :roll:

19th May 2009, 09:10 AM

PM panna.. sir enna pannuveenga :PPadichu paapen... :roll: Next qn from HR: Padichu paathu enna pannuveenga :P :yessir: