PDA

View Full Version : Kamal's best pair :-)

app_engine
15th June 2009, 08:38 PM
As the one who acted in his first film as dad got the title 'kAdhal mannan', KH has to be content with the 'kAdhal iLavarasan' title, in TF (irrespective of his age, like the 'iLaingar aNi' thalaivar in some political parties).

Interestingly, that he became a SKV didn't reduce a bit his "achievements" in this area, where he can easily be compared with his predecessor:-)

Pick out the best pair for him (on screen ofcourse) :-)

My vote to "viji" :-)

Plum
15th June 2009, 08:39 PM
apdi pOdu aruvaaLa!

Plum
15th June 2009, 08:41 PM
Revathy out in first count, by any criteria.
Radha/Ambika - aalai illadha oorukku...
Jayaprada - small sample size
Gautami - thalaivar's own choice
But the crown has to go to the one who set 70's alight with Kamal - Sridevi on a landslide, ofcourse.

hamid
15th June 2009, 08:42 PM
adutha panjaayaththaa? NT pair result ennappa aachu?

For Kamal's pair.. my pick will be Sridevi :yes:

hamid
15th June 2009, 08:44 PM
athenna Radha/Ambika - akkava katna thankachi free maathiriya :lol:

bingleguy
15th June 2009, 08:44 PM
:)

my thought is Kamal-Gowthami ... the pair has been the most natural amongst all .... do not want to talk about any news on their understanding beyond screen :) still i feel - though not many movies like SriDevi ... they stood awesome in the selected .... some memories for me were Devar magan (though for a little time), Kurudhi Punal, Nammavar, Aboorva Sahodarargal ...

app_engine
15th June 2009, 08:45 PM
Looks like only NOV / joe can add names to the poll. I think singAra vElan & MMKR can bring in the names of khushboo & oorvashi as well to the list.

Also Sripriya is missing as well (though I never liked her as KH's jOdi, she was almost as successful as Sridevi those days in the BO when paired with KH)

Nerd
15th June 2009, 09:18 PM
Sridevi, of course!

Amala'lAm rejett-A? Sathya, vetri vizhA, pEsum padam avLOdhaanaa? :? SathyA-la semma chemistry..

Btw, kamal retire aagittAr? Adhukkulla classics section-la!

Plum
15th June 2009, 09:58 PM
athenna Radha/Ambika - akkava katna thankachi free maathiriya :lol:
:lol2:

jaaze
15th June 2009, 09:59 PM
adhu seri

Shakthiprabha
15th June 2009, 10:21 PM
Seetha / banupriya / kushboo / urvashi / roopiNi / sulakshana / dimple / licy / Jayachitra / Shobana / Sujatha : Lemme put them all together and say - "didn't quite impress to even debate upon"

Asin / abhirami / meena/ jyo / simran / all post 90z debuts : Lemme club them together to say "best pairs for kamalhassan" stopped acting way back, and they have to be fished out from 80z or maximum early 90s.

Radha: too unfeminine for kamalhassan

Ambika: looked dramatic when paired with him and her looks dont keep up with kamalhassan.

Gowthami: Just pass. nothing more to say.

Jayapradha: may be cute - pretty - charming, but not with kamalhassan. no !

Srividhya: Ofcourse she looks much elder to him... yet...they do look kinda interesting together.

Revathi: kamalhassan - revathy ! surprise! surprise! You know the 'not-so-glam' girl was kinda cute when paired with kamalhassan. They looked young and vibrant and lovely and YOUTHFUL :thumbsup: (my fourth choice may be)

How about Sripriya? I liked adamant tomboyish looks when it competed with his naughty reciprocation. Sabash sariyaana potti :clap:

Madhavi: Good! What more to say? I like her paired with rajnikant, so its like pair-violation :oops: So I supp I didn't enjoy her much along with kamalhassan.

Amala: I do agree wtih nerd on kamal-amala chemistry. They rocked :thumbsup: I liked kamalhassan amala pair nex to one and only choice

Sridevi: Kamalhassan-Sridevi... (despite their... u know the height...) Therez something very down to earth about the pair. You cant call it chemistry, u cant call them romantic, ..its something else, I would safely use the same 'cilche' - "they look natural together" (should I say looked? )

I feel very sad kamalhassan didn't do lot of movies with "ek duje ke liye" pair 'Rathi agnihotri'. They look so perfect together, she would have actually competed with sridevi had she paired up more.
__

The lady I couldn't digest opposite to kamalhassan was

RADHIKA :|

m_23_bayarea
15th June 2009, 10:28 PM
Nobody's even mentioned Madhavi yet? :o

Nerd
15th June 2009, 10:31 PM
I was about to type that!!! Raajapaarvai, Tick * 3, kAkki chattai :clap:

P_R
15th June 2009, 10:34 PM
Gowthami: Just pass. nothing more to say.
:hammer:

Sizzling couple. Looks and performance
Nammavar beats others fair and square

Shakthiprabha
15th June 2009, 10:40 PM
pochu!! anga thaan padminikaaga ethir katchi kodi thookineenga :hammer:

ingayuma :lol2:

PR ur view and my view are :grrrrr: poles apart ! :evil:

m_23_bayarea
15th June 2009, 10:41 PM
I was about to type that!!! Raajapaarvai, Tick * 3, kAkki chattai :clap:

Salangai Oli, Sattam too... :P :P

app_engine
15th June 2009, 10:43 PM
Salangai oli ? That had the beautiful Jayapradha :-)

P_R
15th June 2009, 10:44 PM
No here I am not too agitated about Sridevi winning. But to call Gowthami just pass is shocking, to say the least. She is a pretty, good actress.

adhuvum rati agnihotri-yai ellAm oru poruttA madhichu reNdu line ezhudhittu Gowthami-yai reject paNNA...saNdaikku varaama enna paNNuvaangaLaam

P_R
15th June 2009, 10:45 PM
padathula Jayapradha pEru mAdhavi. oru vELai adhai solraarO

viraajan
15th June 2009, 10:47 PM
Voted for Sridevi.

Sridevi (sridevi), Boodevi (Gautami) samEdha Kamalhassan!!!

// :yessir:

Shakthiprabha
15th June 2009, 10:48 PM
Gowthami is a charming lady, I didn't appreciate when she sat next to kamalhassan. Eno therila....enakku gautami-ramarajan pair pidikkum :oops: (two opposites they were(are) ...in every way...irundhaalum..weird :oops: ..)

Rathi agnihotri as I said didn't make it many times, but they did look catchy, adhanaala I couldn't help adding her :P

m_23_bayarea
15th June 2009, 10:51 PM

Excuse me! I was thinking of Raaja Paarvai when I typed it... :P

P_R
15th June 2009, 10:51 PM

Excuse me! I was thinking of Raaja Paarvai when I typed it... :P

Madhavi is also there in Ek Duje Ke Liye

app_engine
15th June 2009, 10:52 PM
No here I am not too agitated about Sridevi winning. But to call Gowthami just pass is shocking, to say the least. She is a pretty, good actress.

I haven't watched nammavar, but she was fun to watch in apoorva sahOdhararkaL :-) In my mind Gautami is a good "comedy pair" for Kamal rather than romantic pair :-)

sivank
15th June 2009, 11:03 PM
My vote goes for Kamal and Gautami. It was so natural seeing them in Kurudhi punal

madhu
16th June 2009, 05:08 AM
my vote is for Sridevi :yes:

adhu sari..

yArumE kOvai saraLA pAthi sollaliyE ! :yessir:

groucho070
16th June 2009, 07:19 AM
I am torn between Sri Devi and Gouthami. By the way, sometimes back I wrote a teasing article on Kamal during his days as Prince of Romance (I wrote Prince of Love, which is not that wrong either) There are factual mistakes which got covered in the comments. You can read it here (http://grouchydays.blogspot.com/2008/10/when-kamal-was-prince-of-love.html)

Raikkonen
16th June 2009, 08:26 AM
panjayathada ithu???

sri devi

/thread

Sanguine Sridhar
16th June 2009, 09:23 AM
Poll options romba kammiya iruku!

Ennaya porutha varaikum ellarume best pair thaan, ennaba kadhal mannan-ku edhukku poll ellam? :wink:

Sarna
16th June 2009, 09:29 AM
Gouthami was a sexy doll :oops2: P in TM, Nammavar , Kurudhipunal etc Kamal looked bit older to her in these movies :sigh2: Sagalakalaavallavan days Kamal would have been ..... an apt jodi for Goudhami :P

Sridevi is the BEST 8-)

NinaivO oru paravai :swinghead:
virikkum adhan siragai :musicsmile:

Sarna
16th June 2009, 09:37 AM
Ennaya porutha varaikum ellarume best pair thaan, ennaba kadhal mannan-ku edhukku poll ellam? :wink:

vittaa Jyothikaa kooda best'nu soveenga pOla :rant:

groucho070
16th June 2009, 09:38 AM
ennaba kadhal mannan-ku edhukku poll ellam? :wink: :shock: Gemini-kku poll ah? Savithri clean sweep-than.

mgb
16th June 2009, 02:34 PM
I sort of liked Ambika starring with Kamal.. avar panra silmishangalukkellaam nallaa eedu kuduppaanga :P

kaakki chattai, naanum oru thozhilaali, kaathal parisu, uyarndha ullam filmslam, I have watched as much for ambika as kamal :P

but Radha was very average

Shakthiprabha
16th June 2009, 02:37 PM
Ah forgot to add:

I didn't quite enjoy saritha in marocharithra.

Enakku therinju saritha looked perfect only with one person and thats "Rajesh" (achamillai achamillai)

P_R
16th June 2009, 03:17 PM
Enakku therinju saritha never looked perfect

Plum
16th June 2009, 03:17 PM

RADHIKA

Neenga digest paNNAtti paravA illa. Kamal digest paNNinarangaradhu dhaan mukkiyam..

Shakthiprabha
16th June 2009, 03:18 PM
Enakku therinju saritha never looked perfect

yes...irundhaalum edho pavam pozhachu pogattum nnu rajesh sonnen :lol2:

RADHIKA

Neenga digest paNNAtti paravA illa. Kamal digest paNNinarangaradhu dhaan mukkiyam..

okei :roll:

mgb
16th June 2009, 03:20 PM
ungalukku rajesh mela edho kaduppu pola

Plum
16th June 2009, 03:21 PM
muzhikkadheenga - another mokkai post which missed the target avLo dhaan. nethulerundhe ipdi dhaan irukku...

Shakthiprabha
16th June 2009, 03:22 PM
Ganesh, PLum

:lol2:

directhit
16th June 2009, 03:29 PM
Enakku therinju saritha never looked perfect :lol2:

app_engine
16th June 2009, 05:16 PM
Nice post (in the blog) groucho :-)

I think only the mods can add more options in the poll. Sripriya at least has to be added there.

app_engine
24th June 2009, 12:08 AM
hub has 100K+ regd members. However, no poll gets even 100 votes :-)

NOV
24th June 2009, 05:37 AM
we have received >100 votes many times. see Rajni thread for recent one. ;)

Vivasaayi
24th June 2009, 11:13 AM
SathyA-la semma chemistry..

adhuvum "valai osai" song

Vivasaayi
24th June 2009, 11:16 AM
gouthami is the second best after sridevi in terms of chemistry

"enna sonnaan avan"

"veetla soltu vandhiyaanu kekuran"

"sollala..naisaa vandhuten"

aboorva sagodhargal is enough

tvsankar
24th June 2009, 12:02 PM
Nammavar is also nice....
poonkuyil padinal nalla sangeetham.

app_engine
18th August 2009, 09:40 PM
From the link CR posted in the last song thread :

NDTV: And your favourite co-star?
Kamal: Many who ask me this question, expect me to mention a woman's name! In my case, Sivaji Ganesan for our roles in Thevar Magan. Among the heroines it is Sridevi with whom I've acted in 27 films. She has always been different from one film to another.

:D

Shakthiprabha
18th August 2009, 09:48 PM
enakkuth therinju conflict ilaama overwhelming choice la win panna orE poll idhu thaan.

RC
24th August 2009, 03:29 AM
Thalaivar - Sree Devi pair rocked! KalyaaNa raaman, Red roses, Guru, vaazhvE maayam padangaL pOdhumE... (Lot of times, I think about a sequel to mUnRaam piRai... what would have happened if Sree Devi returned to OOty some 10-15 years later :( )

Thalaivar - Amala comes close (They should have acted in few more films)
Gowthami comes third!
aduththu Jayapradha!

Sripriya was never my fav. adhulayum thalaivar kUda... chance-E illai..
Radhika looked comfortable with Rajini than kamal.

mgb sonnaapla Ambica was good with kamal... but think about her ellaa heros koodayum avanga nalla ajeesment maadhiri irukku... ;)

rami
25th August 2009, 09:00 AM
Be it being the lady love of a young man who later finds out that he is counting his days because of a deadly disease,

Or as the hearthrob of the smart Robinhood hero

Or as a young beautiful woman who is a small girl by heart, who slowly wins the heart of the young man

Or as a the lady love of a depressed jobless youth struggling to find a job for himself.. :notworthy:

Any movie ... any role... Sridevi is the best pair for Kamal... :notworthy: :notworthy:

rami
25th August 2009, 09:05 AM
The next person who comes in mind as a best pair to
Kamal is Simran.. the pair excelled in the movies 5thanthiram, Pammal K Sambhandam

rami
25th August 2009, 09:12 AM
Kamal - Sridevi :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Kamal - Simran :cheer: :cheer:
Kamal - Jayapradha :cool2: :cool2:
Kamal - Jyothika :swinghead:
Kamal - Madhavi :victory:
Kamal - Ambika :froggrin:
Kamal - Sneha :think:
Kamal - Radha :huh:
Kamal - Radhika :banghead:
Kamal - Gauthami :wink: :shhh:
Kamal - Sripriya :banghead: :banghead:

app_engine
23rd April 2010, 10:47 PM
digression

Sridevi has talent for painting it seems - Christie's to auction one such painting of hers for charity (green earth stuff) and it's expected to fetch an impressive >$25K

http://www.hindu.com/2010/04/23/stories/2010042362032200.htm

end-dig

Cinemarasigan
9th December 2010, 05:40 PM
Gautami is the best pair for Kamal, Though less number of movies, both looked like made for each other..