PDA

View Full Version : Concept Music a la Le Freak

natha1729
20th June 2009, 11:29 PM
Can anyone tell if Indian music has produced "powerfully catchy" "concept" songs like Freak Out by Chic? Indian film music has so many ideas in a terrifying mix in the interludes of songs and that captivates the masses because of distractions in instrumentation and rhythms, BUT, now India has a sophisticated and i think a "cynical" (critical, intellectual and who believes less is more, I am assuming) market and is that reflected in today's music? TO appeal to such a maturing audience, music is about "Ideas, or Concepts" and rhythm like American music (not the melody and harmony (hooks) oriented European or melody and percussion (loops) of Indian music.)

I would like to see if this topic makes you think about how the seriously misdirected Indian talent can capture world market not with melodies or nursery rhymes but with solid and tight like carbon molecules "concepts" which should be diamonds for everyone to enjoy. Another example of concept song is "Ghostbusters" by Ray Parker with an exciting intro and rhythm.

And, if Indian movie industry has to make it in style then style must come in and it is not what the current understanding of style is. Go find Style and become it, it is not owned by anybody for borrowing, it is yours from within. In today's music the style is all about being smart, unique and "CHIC." Even if the music is not from within.