PDA

View Full Version : Sachin Tendulkar - The Living Legend (Part III)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

VinodKumar's
25th February 2010, 01:36 AM
Vinod, unga patriotismku ou :bow:
But naanga enna nenaikkaromna it is just a game. Sometimes, there is context beyond mere wins, losses etc.

puriyithu Plum

You guys enjoy ... I am also enjoying ... already watched highlights in lunch break thirumba veetuku poi papaaen ....

ellorukum :wave:

Nerd
25th February 2010, 01:37 AM
Why would Sachin want to take the strike after the 200? adutha end-la dhAn annan sixer-A adichu koluthuraarE.. :?

ennappa defense??!!

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 01:39 AM
+1.

Indha humility, adakkam odukkam, panivu, naattu patru idhellaam evanyaa kandupidichaan? Sometimes, arrogance is a virtue - today is such a day when if you are not arrogant about being a sachin fan, you are a sinner. To hell with humility, team spirit, patriotism, nationalism - this is art and art knows no boundaries.
:notworthy:

Indha office kubikkuzh la Employee of the month, CertivikkEt, pillainga photo, woippu photo, pillai varainja drawing-a ellam vechu yaarukku enna solla varaangannu purila. Naan indha post-a printout eduthu pin panni vekkalaamnu paakkaren

Aalavanthan
25th February 2010, 01:40 AM
Danny says " Tendulkar has to wait, afterall its a team game"

Appo 11 perum "atttatayathula" bat panna vendiyadhu dhaane.. ivanakkellam mike-a kudukkaraanunga

atleast ivanaiyaavadhu nambalaam. kooda irukira Ravi Sachin-a pathi oru vaartha pesala..

MADDY
25th February 2010, 01:41 AM
Sachin managed to reach 200 in spite of Dhoni

:lol: im sure thats not the case
What do you think would have happened had Amla not saved the 4? Athana overs la kudukkaadha strike-a 3 ball meedhi irukkumbodhu kuduppaara?

Bala, after amla stopped the ball, dhoni didnt attempt a second when it was easily available.....secondly, after scoring 200, sachin didnt want to take strike at all - its clear that sachin and dhoni were in sync.......

Didn't u hear the loud NO from Sachin :lol:

so why didnt sachin gave a LOUD no before - im very uncomfortable with this "ifs" and "buts" line of arguements :) :wave:

Appu s
25th February 2010, 01:44 AM
at the end of the 43 over, sachin was 185 i think he hit four and six back-to-back in that over ,Dhoni was in his single digit and he was no in the mood of not giving strike to Sachin,even his running between wickets for sachin's 2 run was also another example....and sachin was talking something after dhoni's 2 boundaries in the next over , in the next over it was sachin's strike and he made singles and two 2s when he made the world record, and it was just 5 runs more to go for 200 in 5 overs.

i m not supporting here Saasthri gaaru's supernatural thinking.

Ramakrishna
25th February 2010, 01:44 AM
Sachin managed to reach 200 in spite of Dhoni

:lol: im sure thats not the case
What do you think would have happened had Amla not saved the 4? Athana overs la kudukkaadha strike-a 3 ball meedhi irukkumbodhu kuduppaara?

Bala, after amla stopped the ball, dhoni didnt attempt a second when it was easily available.....secondly, after scoring 200, sachin didnt want to take strike at all - its clear that sachin and dhoni were in sync.......

Didn't u hear the loud NO from Sachin :lol:

so why didnt sachin gave a LOUD no before - im very uncomfortable with this "ifs" and "buts" line of arguements :) :wave:

Ball boundaryku pogum bothu loud NO sonnaa ball stop aayidumaa :)

Bala (Karthik)
25th February 2010, 01:45 AM
Maddy,
Puriyala... What is your question trying to establish?

MADDY
25th February 2010, 01:51 AM
Maddy,
Puriyala... What is your question trying to establish?

i mean he could have refused last ball singles of DHoni(47,48,49 overs) before if he was thinking that Dhoni was jeopardising his plans

from 46th over - sachin had 6 balls on strike to get 4 runs.......

MS Dhoni 28* (16b 3x4 1x6)
SR Tendulkar 196* (141b 25x4 3x6)

Steyn to Tendulkar, 1 run, 145.8 kph, doing it in singles is the man, short of a good length, moves back and pats it wide of point for a single
Steyn to Tendulkar, no run, 148.3 kph, oooh, a bit of a leading edge there, full on middle and leg, moved across to work it fine, ended up going back to the bowler
Steyn to Tendulkar, 1 run, 147.5 kph, full on the off, shuffles and works it past midwicket for a single
Langeveldt to Tendulkar, no run, 136.7 kph, and defends! Lands on a good length and presents the full face as he respectfully plays it back to the bowler
Langeveldt to Tendulkar, 1 run, 136.0 kph, full toss on middle, punches it towards wide long-on for a single, reaches 199, Dhoni doesn't want the second, and he's right
Langeveldt to Tendulkar, 1 run, 137.4 kph, single to reach the first double-hundred in ODIs, streered behind point, takes off his helmet and waves to the crowd, which is on its feet, so are his team-mates in the dressing room, a fan's blowing a conch, Tendulkar's soaking all the adulation and after a brief moment, gets back to his crease to face the next delivery

Plum
25th February 2010, 01:52 AM
Seri naalaikku dafli ki aawaaz la dhoni oru kadidham ezhudhattum
"UdanpiappE, naam migavum madhikkum sachinaar 200 adithadhil nee perum magizhchi kondiruppaai. Annaal idhu nadandhadhu enadhu aatchiyil enbadhai nee marandhu vida koodadhu. Avar 199-l irundha podhu avarai enadhu rungalukkaaga pala murai oda vittu, avarukku naan rest koduthadhaal dhaan avaraal thembu petru 200avdhu run adikka mudindhahdu enbadhai nee unarvaai. Melum indha namadhu perundhanmaiyaana, arivu koormaiyana strategy-ai silar kurai kooruvar. Avargal veenargal madayargal. Adhautpaduthadhe. En captaincyaal dhan ellaam nadakkiadhu. Idhai nee ulagukku parai saatra vendum"

MADDY
25th February 2010, 01:53 AM
Seri naalaikku dafli ki aawaaz la dhoni oru kadidham ezhudhattum

relax plum :)

Bala (Karthik)
25th February 2010, 01:58 AM
i mean he could have refused last ball singles of DHoni(47,48,49 overs) before if he was thinking that Dhoni was jeopardising his plans

Of course he is not going to flatly refuse singles just because he wants to be on strike to get his 200, surely!!

You had implied Dhoni had sacrificed the second run so that Sachin could get his single. He had actually gone for a 4 and not getting a 4 was an accident.

Appu s
25th February 2010, 01:58 AM
Sachin had strike with him till he made the world record,and Dhoni was full support for him to give him strike, ( it is not Dhoni supported thats why sachin made it, pls don twist it) one example a over throw extra which was not noticed by sachin and Dhini made it 2 for sachin, once he made the World record .. it was just 5 runs to go in 5 overs...

MADDY
25th February 2010, 02:01 AM
You had implied Dhoni had sacrificed the second run so that Sachin could get his single. He had actually gone for a 4 and not getting a 4 was an accident.

yes, my mistake (i didnt hear the NO from sachin)......

but i dont agree to this level of stretching this issue and bashing Dhoni :)

Bala (Karthik)
25th February 2010, 02:03 AM
I think its a case of exhibiting the funda of team before Sachin etc (as though a single would mean otherwise). "If the balls there to be hit, i'm going to hit it." By all means that should be the approach. All we are saying is he could have accomplished the same by just sparing one ball to Sachin much earlier. Nothing more, nothing less :)

Aalavanthan
25th February 2010, 02:06 AM
I hope atleast one of the journalist keep aside their affection towards Dhoni and come up with the questions that we have raised here.. I am sure he will have a reason behind this..

I definitely wished a non-Indian should have been at the presentation to have asked this question to Dhoni.

whatever be the reason, the case, at the end of the day, the world is happy about Sachin's 200. He aint gonna get another chance to be at 195 and wait for 5 overs to complete his 200. We just hope that Sachin has a lot of peace in his mind and courage in his body to play the world cup and lift the trophy for India . Jai Ho

Plum
25th February 2010, 02:06 AM
If people start praising dhoni for his brilliance in guiding sachin to 200, it is only natural that we contest that laughable claim. Adhu dhoni bashing aagumaa?

Aalavanthan
25th February 2010, 02:07 AM
If people start praising dhoni for his brilliance in guiding sachin to 200, it is only natural that we contest that laughable claim. Adhu dhoni bashing aagumaa?

I dont think anybody here or anywhere praises Dhoni for Sachin's performance. Atleast, from what I have seen, they have been defending Dhoni's for his blazing acts

tamizharasan
25th February 2010, 02:15 AM
Whatever may be. I am happy for Sachin for making double century. He completely deserved it and because he deserved it no one could have stopped him from doing that. That is the way I look into it.

Appu s

:lol: Plum neenga nalla twist panrenga,appadi yaarum inga sollave illaye, the only mistake i have seen in Dhoni is single in 49th over's last ball and not making a single in 50th first ball,if u people still blaming that he was very much interest to stop master to make 200 by keeping strike then you haven't watched the match.it was very clear in last 10 overs,there was no game at all other than cricket.

:wave:

MADDY
By all means that should be the approach. All we are saying is he could have accomplished the same by just sparing one ball to Sachin much earlier. Nothing more, nothing less :)

Single dhaane, eppa venaalum edukkalaam-nnu irundhadhu periya thappe illa.... :)

Adhu dhoni bashing aagumaa?

neenga ramakrishna, P_R posts ellam padikkave illlaya??? ravi shastri sonnadhukkum inga nadakkradhukkum enna sammandham?? adhukku yen inga respond panreenga?? :)

Ramakrishna
25th February 2010, 02:21 AM
Maddy,
Inaikku kooda mild Dhoni bashing allowed illayaa?

MADDY
25th February 2010, 02:23 AM
Maddy,
Inaikku kooda mild Dhoni bashing allowed illayaa?

enjoy :)

Aalavanthan
25th February 2010, 02:23 AM

Maddy.. its not only being discussed here.. It has even come up in cricket next websites, facebooks, orkuts and it has even come down to theru sandai in UK.. Even Danny Morrison was spot on with his sarcastic "Tendulkar has to wait, after all its a team game".. That was definitely a sarcastic comment and why would IBN owned cricketnext shud come up saying "Shrewd brain of Dhoni"

MADDY
25th February 2010, 02:28 AM

Maddy.. its not only being discussed here.. It has even come up in cricket next websites, facebooks, orkuts and it has even come down to theru sandai in UK.. Even Danny Morrison was spot on with his sarcastic "Tendulkar has to wait, after all its a team game".. That was definitely a sarcastic comment and why would IBN owned cricketnext shud come up saying "Shrewd brain of Dhoni"

so?? i dont consider any of this is correct......seri vidunga - i dont want to stop u guys' fun....... :)

Appu s
25th February 2010, 02:29 AM
Even Danny Morrison was spot on with his sarcastic "Tendulkar has to wait, after all its a team game".. That was definitely a sarcastic comment and why would IBN owned cricketnext shud come up saying "Shrewd brain of Dhoni"
Morrison's that commentry was awful, :x have u seen that particular ball? it was not possible for 2s and sachin wanted it when he was in 198.. yen athellam neenga yaarum solla maatenkurenga? this Time NO from dhoni.

Plum
25th February 2010, 02:33 AM
inge en respond pandra

Pinne nammala ellaam espn star sports-layA kooppittu karuthu keppaanga :lol:Enge medaiyum mikeum ketkaadhukku naalu perum irukkano ange ellaam vakkanaiya pesaradhu tamizh kalaacharam. Adhai thaan naan inge pandrEn!

tamizharasan
25th February 2010, 02:36 AM
Hello Friends
Did Tendulkar complain about Dhoni, or atleast indicated that way? I don't think so. Because he has big heart. Why don't we follow him on that?

Ramakrishna
25th February 2010, 02:38 AM
Hello Friends
Did Tendulkar complain about Dhoni, or atleast indicated that way? I don't think so. Because he has big heart. Why don't we follow him on that?

Indha humility, adakkam odukkam, panivu, naattu patru idhellaam evanyaa kandupidichaan? Sometimes, arrogance is a virtue - today is such a day when if you are not arrogant about being a sachin fan, you are a sinner. To hell with humility, team spirit, patriotism, nationalism - this is art and art knows no boundaries.

MADDY
25th February 2010, 02:39 AM
Even Danny Morrison was spot on with his sarcastic "Tendulkar has to wait, after all its a team game".. That was definitely a sarcastic comment and why would IBN owned cricketnext shud come up saying "Shrewd brain of Dhoni"
Morrison's that commentry was awful, :x have u seen that particular ball? it was not possible for 2s and sachin wanted it when he was in 198.. yen athellam neenga yaarum solla maatenkurenga? this Time NO from dhoni.

why no one is responding to this?? :)

Aalavanthan
25th February 2010, 02:44 AM

I didnt get this.. Danny's comments came on 49.1 when Dhoni hit the straight drive four. Even he had expected Dhoni to give Sachin the strike for the fictionous 200 to be scored.

Adhugappuram thaan came the save from Amla which eventually gave the strike to Sachin.. Dhoni was in no mood to give the strike to Sachin even at that moment.

Ramakrishna
25th February 2010, 02:44 AM

why no one is responding to this?? :)

As bala said, Danny ku mike kuduthathu thappu thaan. But how is this NO from Dhoni related to Sachin's NO in the last over?

MADDY
25th February 2010, 02:45 AM
Hello Friends

this is a double attack on rahman and his fans - idhu kooda puriyaama, nee vera quotikittu :lol:

MADDY
25th February 2010, 02:46 AM
But how is this NO from Dhoni related to Sachin's NO in the last over?

if Dhoni really wanted to screw sachin;s chances - he could have said a yes and got him run out :huh:

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 02:48 AM
Guys cut it out. Enjoy the 200. Adhaan mudinju pochae

:bow:.

Ramakrishna
25th February 2010, 02:48 AM
Hello Friends

this is a double attack on rahman and his fans - idhu kooda puriyaama, nee vera quotikittu :lol:

Sachin and Rahman are great humans, very humble, down to earth etc.
But, Rahman fans namma ellaam humble-aa. Infact i take pride in being a Rahman fanatic. I am a fan of Rahman's terific music, not his humble nature. Same goes to Sachin.

Aalavanthan
25th February 2010, 02:50 AM
Guys cut it out. Enjoy the 200. Adhaan mudinju pochae

:bow:.

Done.. With that its time guys.. Cant believe I spent so much time here today.. didnt bother about being at client's place .. had showed a lot of emotions at the office and even thought of giving sweets at the client place..

Take care guys.. Day not to forget and thanks to Hub to have shown my emotions.. Indiala irundhirundhaa friendsoda konndaadirupaen.. this time its friends at Hub :thumbsup:

MADDY
25th February 2010, 02:51 AM
But, Rahman fans namma ellaam humble-aa. Infact i take pride in being a Rahman fanatic. I am a fan of Rahman's terific music, not his humble nature. Same goes to Sachin.

hayyo - naa sonnadhu vera......lets take it offline :P

Nerd
25th February 2010, 02:52 AM
Thambi Ramakrishna, nee ippollaam romba nallaa pEsura.. :thumbsup:

Company ellAm aarambichittiyaamE?? :shock:

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 02:54 AM
Phew Almost 18 pages crossed today by One Innings from Master.

Innum 12k varalai polirukkae :think:.

Ramakrishna
25th February 2010, 02:57 AM

hayyo - naa sonnadhu vera......lets take it offline :P

Ok, neenga etha solreenganu puriyuthu. yaa lets discuss this on friday.

MADDY
25th February 2010, 02:59 AM

he sent text to me as soon as Sachin hit 200 :) ...

tamizharasan
25th February 2010, 03:01 AM
Hello Friends

So double century to Sachin is more important for you than sachin himself. Ok I don't want to be part of this discussion then.

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 03:02 AM
Everyone today has forgot that Tendulkar has crossed 31,000 Int'l Runs in Cricket

(17598) + 13447 + 10 = 31,055 Runs.

Ramakrishna
25th February 2010, 03:02 AM
Thambi Ramakrishna, nee ippollaam romba nallaa pEsura.. :thumbsup:

Company ellAm aarambichittiyaamE?? :shock:

Hai gaaru,
Welcome back.
Yaa, check my signature. If possible spread it within your circle, preferably your US friends or clients.

Bala (Karthik)
25th February 2010, 03:03 AM
Ramakrishna,
Company arambichuttiya??? Oodhiyamum (much more than 910) ookkamum kudutheenga na vandhu panipuriyaren. Enna velai venaalum sollu, nalla seiven. Vela suthama irukkum!

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 03:04 AM
mADDY enna solreenga. Naan innaikkae 12k posts mudikanumnu lachiyathoda irukkaradhai pathi sonnen. :lol:.

MADDY
25th February 2010, 03:05 AM
mADDY enna solreenga. Naan innaikkae 12k posts mudikanumnu lachiyathoda irukkaradhai pathi sonnen. :lol:.

:oops: i thot u were reffering to thirumaran who was missing all the action :oops:

Ramakrishna
25th February 2010, 03:05 AM
Hello Friends

So double century to Sachin is more important for you than sachin himself. Ok I don't want to be part of this discussion then.

Sachin centuries adichu kuvikalanna namma inga thread open panni discuss pannuvoma? Tell me how many posts we have in this thread which discuss about Sachin, the human being.

Naa kooda nalla human being thaan, y don't you guys open a thread for me?

MADDY
25th February 2010, 03:06 AM
Ramakrishna,
Company arambichuttiya??? Oodhiyamum (much more than 910) ookkamum kudutheenga na vandhu panipuriyaren. Enna velai venaalum sollu, nalla seiven. Vela suthama irukkum!

:lol:

Ramakrishna
25th February 2010, 03:07 AM
Ramakrishna,

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 03:08 AM
Oh text ellam vera pannunaara. He had posted on the 69th page today here once sachin scored 200.

:oops: i thot u were reffering to thirumaran who was missing all the action :oops:

MADDY
25th February 2010, 03:08 AM

GM: indhiya-laye, yen namma weld-laye, idha sonna modha aalu nee dhaan

MADDY
25th February 2010, 03:10 AM
Oh text ellam vera pannunaara.

//edho college figure maattikichhu pola, ore frwds-a anuppi thalraaru :P //

Ramakrishna
25th February 2010, 03:11 AM

GM: indhiya-laye, yen namma weld-laye, idha sonna modha aalu nee dhaan

Saar, naanum daily kaalaila pal theikaren, Soap ellaam pottu kulikkaren, aadu maadu ellaam ithellaam pannumaa??

Wibha
25th February 2010, 03:16 AM
I wish I saw this match :cry2: this is sad :(

sachin :D :D :D

Nerd
25th February 2010, 03:16 AM
Ramakrishna, will do. commission matha details ellaam en assistant vittu pEsa solrEn..

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 03:24 AM
You can watch the i-lites in cricket-online-tv website.

I wish I saw this match :cry2: this is sad :(

sachin :D :D :D

mareen
25th February 2010, 03:35 AM
we done sach.

it had to be him.

tamizharasan
25th February 2010, 03:49 AM
Hello Friends

Sachin centuries adichu kuvikalanna namma inga thread open panni discuss pannuvoma? Tell me how many posts we have in this thread which discuss about Sachin, the human being.

We are talking about only today's century and not other centuries. My concern was without knowing for sure what actually Dhoni had in his mind it is very unfair to blame him that too when the result is achieved.
I really do not why things have to be taken so personally here.

Bala (Karthik)
25th February 2010, 04:50 AM
[tscii:dba97139cf]Incidentally, it was in this very ground that Sachin hit one of his finest ODI knocks in recent times, against Pakistan in 2007.
97 runs of a very high quality, with some stunning shot-making. If my memory serves me right, he hit one flick on the back-foot to a rising delivery (it was nothing more than an angled but firm push) which screamed away to the boundary (indha match dhaana?). Godliness!

Match Scorecard (http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/297804.html)

Bulletin (http://www.cricinfo.com/indvpak/content/story/320369.html)

Sublime Tendulkar powers India to victory
India 260 for 4 (Tendulkar 97, Yuvraj 53*, Dhoni 45*) beat Pakistan 255 for 6 (Yousuf 99*, Younis 68, Zaheer 2-40) by six wickets
Scorecard and ball-by-ball details

Sachin Tendulkar looked in vintage touch during India's reply © AFP
Sachin Tendulkar fell within tantalising distance of a first match-winning century in a run chase since July 2001, but India weren't to be denied as they romped to a six-wicket victory [with 21 balls remaining] that wrapped up the series with a match to spare. As in 2006, when India won 4-1 in Pakistan, there was a considerable gulf between the two sides, best exemplified by Tendulkar's sublime batting as India set about their pursuit of 256. Pakistan's total owed much to their own 90s man - Mohammad Yousuf finished the innings on 99 not out - but ultimately, they paid the price for their diffidence in the Powerplay, when only 79 runs were scored.
On a pitch where most other batsmen were restricted in their shot-making, Tendulkar played with the fluency and confidence of old, finding gaps with effortless ease. To compound Pakistan's problems, Shoaib Akhtar, who bowled with genuine menace for three overs, went off with what looked like a shin injury after completing his fourth. He returned only in the 25th over, by which time India were well past half-way. In his absence, Tendulkar unveiled some stunning drives, including a couple of pushes through the covers off the back foot that brought back memories of the halcyon years.
Sourav Ganguly and Gautam Gambhir didn't make much of an impression. Ganguly poked one into the slip cordon off Shoaib, and Gambhir pulled a poor delivery from Rao Iftikhar Anjum straight to Sohail Tanvir at midwicket. That brought Virender Sehwag to the crease, and though he was scratchy early on, Tendulkar's punched drives and measured clips off the pads gave him the time to play himself into form. A chop behind point set the tone, and a withering cover drive then suggested that Redemption Road wasn't too far away.
After Shahid Afridi had stemmed the tide for a couple of overs, it was Sehwag who once again unleashed mayhem with a huge six over midwicket. Tendulkar followed suit with three magnificent drives through cover, each timed better than the previous one. By the time the second drinks break arrived, he was on 97, a deft swish away from that elusive 42nd century.
Instead, the first delivery from Umar Gul on resumption was dragged back on to the stumps. Tendulkar stayed hunched over his bat in disbelief for a few moments before trudging off to muted applause from a crowd frozen with shock. It was his sixth score in the 90s in his last 21 innings, and it was evident the jinx has preyed on his mind.[/tscii:dba97139cf]

VinodKumar's
25th February 2010, 06:08 AM
From an IT office canteen ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA2Bwx_RLHY&feature=player_embedded

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 06:47 AM
Indian veteran Sachin Tendulkar is the world's most successful batsman in both limited-over and Test formats.

(CNN) -- Sachin Tendulkar confirmed his status as one of cricket's all-time great batsmen on Wednesday, adding the highest individual one-day international score to his list of world records.

The 36-year-old became the first player to score a double-century in the 50-over format as India thrashed South Africa by 153 runs in the second match of the series in Gwalior to take an unassailable 2-0 lead.

Tendulkar surpassed the previous record of 194, which was jointly held by Pakistan's Saeed Anwar and Charles Coventry of Zimbabwe, to take his record total of runs to 17,598 in 442 one-day internationals played.

He passed three figures for the 46th time, and has now scored 17 more one-day centuries than his closest rival Ricky Ponting of Australia.
I would like to dedicate this double hundred to all the people of India who stood with me for the last 20 years

Tendulkar, one of India's most popular sporting heroes, also holds the records for most runs and most centuries in the five-day Test format.

"I don't know how to react to this," he told reporters after being presented with a silver bat to mark his 20 years in the sport.

"I would like to dedicate this double hundred to all the people of India who stood with me for the last 20 years. I really appreciate their support. This is for all the people in India."

Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni hailed his teammate, with whom he added an unbroken 101 at breakneck pace.

"Even when he's tired and can't play the big shots, he's very clever to use the pace of the bowler," Dhoni said. "It's very difficult for the bowlers, they don't know exactly where to bowl, so I think he batted really well."

Tendulkar made only four in India's victory in the first match on Sunday, but batted throughout the home team's innings of 401-3 as he made exactly 200.

Tendulkar put on 194 for the second wicket with Dinesh Karthik after the early departure of Virender Sehwag for nine with the score on 25.

Tendulkar scorched to his 50 from only 37 deliveries before Karthik became Wayne Parnell's second victim, having made 79 off 85 balls with three sixes.

Yusuf Pathan matched Tendulkar's ferocious scoring rate as he clubbed 36 off 23 deliveries, adding 81 with the man known as "the Little Master."

Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni then joined in with a rapid 68 off only 35 balls, hitting four sixes, while Tendulkar reached 200 with a single off Charl Langeveldt in the final over.

As well as three sixes, he hit 25 boundaries -- the most in any individual one-day innings -- in his 147-ball knock.

South Africa set the record for highest run chase of 438-9 against Australia in 2006, and needed to score the third biggest mark to overhaul India's total.

But the tourists did not get close, being dismissed for 248 with 7.1 overs left in their allocation.

A.B. De Villiers top-scored with an unbeaten 114, his fifth one-day century, but the Proteas' next best was 34 from opener Hashim Amla.

Recalled seam bowler Shanthakumaran Sreesanth took three wickets for India, while Ravindra Jadeja, Pathan and Ashish Nehra claimed two victims each.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/02/24/cricket.sachin.tendulkar.india/

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 06:49 AM
India's Sachin Tendulkar seals standing as modern game's best with 200

India's Sachin Tendulkar celebrates reaching his double-century against South Africa in Gawalior. Photograph: Punit Paranjpe/Reuters

India's captain, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, led the accolades that poured out of Gwalior after Sachin Tendulkar became the first batsman to score a double hundred in a one-day international, to lead India to victory over South Africa by 153 runs. But perhaps the most astute observation came from the former Pakistan captain Aamer Sohail, who said: "The biggest reason he gets all these records is because he respects the game tremendously.

"We all know how talented and how passionate he is about the game, but it's incredible that at the age of 36 he is still going on. He played the full 50 overs, ran hard and at no point during this knock did he look like he was going to throw his wicket away."

It is that respect which has sustained Tendulkar's monumental hunger for batting and which has brought him more than 30,000 runs in international cricket. And it is that hunger, even more than the purity of his technique, his balance and footwork, which is at the heart of the greatest batsman of the modern era.

Tendulkar hit an unbeaten 200 as India scored 401 for three before South Africa were bowled out for 248 in 42.5 overs. It was his 46th century in 442 ODIs and he has also scored 47 in 166 Tests, giving him a total of 93 hundreds at the highest levels of the game.

Remarkably, 10 of those three-figure scores have come in 34 innings in the past 12 months. It has taken 2,962 ODIs and almost 40 years for the first double-century and it has been scored by a man approaching his 37th birthday who – because of age, injury, unprecedented pressure and high mileage – appeared to be past his best a few years ago. Ricky Ponting, it seemed, had become the best batsman in the world. But now Tendulkar is shining again while Ponting's career has been in decline for some time.

Meanwhile, those people who have stubbornly maintained that Brian Lara was the greatest batsman of the modern age, on the grounds that he played more memorable innings than Tendulkar, are finding their argument increasingly difficult to sustain. Tendulkar has now scored 17,598 runs in ODIs and 13,447 in Tests, outstripping all rivals. He first played Test cricket at 16 but took longer to acclimatise to the one-day game, not scoring a hundred until his 79th match.

His strike rate was 136.05, making it the second fastest of his ODI hundreds but the fastest against a top-class team, since his best (138.61) was against Kenya in the 1999 World Cup. He dominated all the South African bowlers, none of whom cost less than a run a ball, while Wayne Parnell went at almost two a ball. He also struck an ODI-record 25 fours. "Even when he's tired he plays the big shots," Dhoni said.

Jacques Kallis said: "He's a world-class player and he proved it again today."

The richest praise Tendulkar has ever received probably came from Don Bradman, the greatest batsman of them all, who told his wife that the Indian's batting style reminded him of his own.

Perhaps Bradman, who died nine years agotomorrow, would not have been so astonished by the way Tendulkar's career has kicked on after faltering a few years ago. Bradman, too, was devastating at the end of his career. In 1946, having not played for eight years, he had two Test innings and scored 421. Then, in his last year, 1948, he scored 1,025 runs in eight Tests at an average of 113.

But in Yorkshire they would tell you that Bradman was too easily impressed. Tendulkar became the county's first overseas signing in 1992 and at the end of the season one member said: "He's nowt special is he? He only made one hundred all summer."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/feb/24/sachin-tendulkar-india-south-africa[tscii:f38e13f788][/tscii:f38e13f788]

littlemaster1982
25th February 2010, 07:45 AM
Number of runs in International Cricket scored by Sachin centuries alone - 12538.

TWELVE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED & THIRTY EIGHT RUNS (http://tinyurl.com/ybavsbh) :shock: :shock: :shock:

:notworthy: :notworthy:

littlemaster1982
25th February 2010, 07:46 AM
Sachin now holds the record of most number of 150's in ODIs. (http://tinyurl.com/yhzvf7k).

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 08:14 AM
Tendulkar the history man

The 'Little Master' becomes the first man to score 200 in one-day internationals

By Robin Scott-Elliot

Thursday, 25 February 2010

Sachin Tendulkar reaches his double century yesterday

AFP/ GETTY IMAGES

It is the hunger that is perhaps most remarkable about Sachin Tendulkar. Yesterday was his 442nd one-day international – in a career spread over four decades – and his best yet as he became the first player to score an international double century in the history of the limited-overs game.

Tendulkar reached the mark from the third ball of the final over of India's innings in the second one-day international against South Africa in Gwalior. The match was won by India, comfortably by 153 runs, but from the moment Tendulkar angled Charl Langeveldt behind point for a single everything else took on an almost irrelevant air. Yet again, it was all about Sachin.

"I don't know how to react to this," said Tendulkar, a notably modest man despite being on the receiving end of a nation's all-consuming adulation for over 20 years. "I would like to dedicate this double hundred to all the people of India who stood with me for the last 20 years. I really appreciate their support. This is for all the people in India."

Tendulkar turns 37 in April but shows no signs of approaching the end game. He wants to play in next year's World Cup and in the Test arena –he has played 166 of them – his form remains strong, too. He scored back-to-back centuries in the recent drawn Test series with South Africa. That took his total of Test hundreds to 47, yesterday's double was the 46th time he had reached three figures in one-days. The figures keep coming: a record 13,447 Test runs, a record 17,598 one-day runs. His strokeplay is timeless – Sir Donald Bradman famously described him as the player who most reminded the great man of himself – and his appetite tireless.

"He should aim for more," said Sunil Gavaskar, the former Indian captain. "Maybe a Test innings of 450 or an one-day international knock of 250. And then he wants to win next year's World Cup. There is a little boy in Tendulkar who wants to keep playing. That spirit keeps him going. It's absolutely incredible how he keeps going."

He was suffering towards the end of his innings yesterday with cramp, but on he went. "The ball was coming nicely on to the bat," said the "Little Master" (of understatement).

He scored his runs, exactly 200 of them, from 147 balls with 25 fours and three sixes. His second hundred occupied just 57 balls. Next best in the Indian innings of 401 for 3 was Dinesh Karthik's 79, while Mahendra Singh Dhoni scored a typically brisk 68 from 35 balls to complete a chastening day for South Africa in the field.

In a somewhat futile reply the tourists were bowled out for 248, AB de Villiers making an unbeaten 114 that on another day would have been been worth more than a footnote.

The previous highest one-day score was 194, held jointly by Saeed Anwar of Pakistan, made against India in 1997, and Charles Coventry of Zimbabwe, who reached the same mark against Bangladesh in Bulawayo last year. Tendulkar's previous highest was 186. The highest one-day score by an England player is Robin Smith's 167 against Australia in 1993.

Tendulkar, meanwhile, is to have a pavilion at the Captain Roop Singh Stadium in Gwalior named after him, the latest recognition of one of cricket's true greats.

"He's been a great ambassador for India and world cricket," said Rameez Raja, a former captain of Pakistan. "He is a great role model because for someone who has played for 20-odd years there isn't a single scandal against him. It shows the character of the man and he still has the passion and enthusiasm of a 10-year-old."

The last word though belongs – as ever – to Shane Warne, watching on TV and passing his thoughts on through Twitter:"Glad I'm not bowling to him today ha ha ha."

Smashin' Sachin: The record breaker

* Sachin Tendulkar has scored the most runs – 17,598 – in one-day cricket, and has also hit the most centuries (46) and fifties (93).

* In 1998, he hit 1,894 runs in a calendar year, the record for a batsman in the limited overs form of the game.

* In January, Tendulkar became the first batsman to score over 13,000 Test match runs during a game against Bangladesh. He has also hit the most centuries (47) in Test matches.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/cricket/tendulkar-the-history-man-1909629.html
[tscii:4cfa9ad99c][/tscii:4cfa9ad99c]

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 08:18 AM
Sport

Terrific Tendulkar breaks the 200-run barrier

S. Dinakar

The maestro's innings sets up a series-clinching victory for the host; de Villiers hits century

AN EPIC EFFORT:Sachin Tendulkar, who delighted with bold brush strokes of genius on the canvas — the colours celebrating batsmanship, showed he still is an explosive athlete; he still has the eye of the tiger.

Gwalior: His heart larger than frame, Sachin Tendulkar lifted his arms in triumph. At 36, he had become the first man to conjure a double hundred in One-Day Internationals.

The maestro's unbeaten 200 was an epic effort of focus, flair and dare. His passion for the golden Indian crest undiminished, the little big man oozed character after India elected to bat and ran up a mammoth 401 for three — its highest score against South Africa — on a belter at the Roop Singh Stadium.

In the process, he delighted with bold brush strokes of genius on the canvas; the colours celebrated batsmanship. He still is an explosive athlete; he still has the eye of the tiger.

Man-of-the-Match Tendulkar's spirit-lifting effort proved a match-winning one. South Africa wilted under the pressure of a big chase to go down by 153 runs. With a match remaining, India has taken a winning 2-0 lead in the series.

Key man Herschelle Gibbs played on to Praveen Kumar attempting a paddle. The free-stroking Hashim Amla — he struck four elegant boundaries in an Ashish Nehra over — miscued a pull off an impressive S. Sreesanth. And Jacques Kallis, playing away from his body, dragged a widish delivery from Nehra to his stumps.

Abraham de Villers, using his feet well, working the ball around and finding the gaps, made a defiant unbeaten 114, but South Africa was in with little chance. To make matters worse for the visitors, the ball kept a shade low under the lights.

Electrifying atmosphere

Earlier, the atmosphere inside the Roop Singh Stadium was electrifying as Tendulkar glided paceman Charl Langveldt to squarish third-man off the third ball of the 50th over and scampered for a single for his 200th run. The crowd erupted, non-striker Mahendra Singh Dhoni and the South Africans walked up to congratulate the legend, and his team-mates in the pavilion were up on their feet.

Soon, Tendulkar, undefeated, walked back to a standing ovation. His monumental double century (200, 147b, 25x4, 3x6) was his 46th ODI century. His incredible journey of blood, sweat and conquests continues.

Opening the innings, he had batted through the 50 overs. Tendulkar's commitment shined through in the manner he ran between the wickets. He also batted through pain.

The hectic brace in the 47th over – third ball – when he worked left-arm paceman Wayne Parnell behind square and completed two enabled him to go past the previous highest ODI score – 194 by Pakistan's Saeed Anwar and Charles Coventry of Zimbabwe.

Tendulkar, his sights set on a historic double century, was restrained in his celebrations, attending to his right hamstring even as Dhoni and Mark Boucher greeted his achievement.

The Indian innings also featured a busy 79 (85b, 5x4, 3x6) of crisp hitting by Dinesh Karthik – he added 194 for the second wicket with Tendulkar – a power-packed 23-ball 36 from Yusuf Pathan – in the batting Power Play overs between 35 and 39 South Africa conceded 63 – and a brutal 68 not out (35b, 7x4, 4x6) by Dhoni. The Indian captain bludgeoned the South African pacemen with wristy blows of immense power.

The astonishing afternoon, however, belonged to Tendulkar.

He was light on his feet and heavy with his shots. His batsmanship does have an ethereal quality about it.

It is also timeless; the ease with which Tendulkar rolls back the years is remarkable.

The maestro's symphony before a delirious crowd here had some captivating notes. His mind and body in harmony, Tendulkar cover-drove Parnell to the fence. Nobody moved as the ball struck the boards. The outfield was fast, Tendulkar's timing made it appear quicker.

The feature of his batting has always been his ability to pick the length in a jiffy. He, thus, is decisive as he ventures into a front-foot drive or punches, cuts or pulls off his back-foot.

When Steyn bounced at Tendulkar, he was pulled fiercely. Tendulkar was meeting fire with fire.

All the aspects were in order - a still head, a high left-elbow, and a lovely extension of the willow - as he off-drove Parnell. Tendulkar's batting is underlined by perfect balance.

The legendary cricketer's supple wrists were on view when he flicked Langeveldt - the paceman bowled with stitches under his left eye after being injured while fielding - and glanced left-arm spinner van der Merwe fine.

Tendulkar also displayed another facet of his batting. He created room with deft footwork by skipping besides the line of the ball and lofted van der Merve over covers from leg-stump.

The master batsman continued to innovate, slicing Steyn over point and pulling Jacques Kallis over a leaping mid-wicket after completing his hundred.

When Langeveldt provided a hint of width, he was square-driven to the fence in a manner that was silken. Then the maestro picked the paceman from outside the off-stump to strike them past square-leg. Tendulkar blended power with finesse.

Well-paced

The maestro's innings was splendidly paced. His 50 consumed 37 balls, 100 came in 90, and 150 in 118. The South Africans ran out of ideas.

SCOREBOARD

India: V. Sehwag c Steyn b Parnell 9 (11b, 1x4), S. Tendulkar (not out) 200 (147b, 25x4, 3x6), D. Karthik c Gibbs b Parnell 79 (85b, 4x4, 3x6), Y. Pathan c de Villiers b van der Merwe 36 (23b, 4x4, 2x6), M.S. Dhoni (not out) 68 (35b, 7x4, 4x6); Extras (lb-3, w-5, nb-1): 9; Total (for three wkts. in 50 overs): 401.

Fall of wickets: 1-25 (Sehwag), 2-219 (Karthik), 3-300 (Pathan).

South Africa bowling: Steyn 10-0-89-0, Parnell 10-0-95-2, van der Merwe 10-0-62-1, Langeveldt 10-0-70-0, Duminy 5-0-38-0, Kallis 5-0-44-0.

South Africa: H. Amla c Nehra b Sreesanth 34 (22b, 7x4), H. Gibbs b Praveen 7 (8b, 1x4), R. van der Merwe c Raina b Sreesanth 12 (11b, 1x4, 1x6), J. Kallis b Nehra 11 (13b, 2x4), A.B. de Villiers (not out) 114 (101b, 13x4, 2x6), A. Petersen b Jadeja 9 (16b, 1x4), J.P. Duminy lbw b Pathan 0 (1b), M. Boucher lbw b Pathan 14 (31b, 1x4), W. Parnell b Nehra 18 (43b, 1x4), D. Steyn b Sreesanth 0 (4b), C. Langeveldt c Nehra b Jadeja 12 (11b, 3x4); Extras (lb-5, w-8, nb-4): 17; Total (in 42.5 overs): 248.

Fall of wickets: 1-17 (Gibbs), 2-47 (van der Merwe), 3-61 (Amla), 4-83 (Kallis), 5-102 (Petersen), 6-103 (Duminy), 7-134 (Boucher), 8-211 (Parnell), 9-216 (Steyn).

India bowling: Praveen 5-0-31-1, Nehra 8-0-60-2, Sreesanth 7-0-49-3, Jadeja 8.5-0-41-2, Pathan 9-1-37-2, Sehwag 5-0-25-0 .

http://www.hindu.com/2010/02/25/stories/2010022557742100.htm[tscii:12a639f7f1][/tscii:12a639f7f1]

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 08:23 AM
Simply stunning - that was John Emburey's verdict after seeing Sachin Tendulkar help himself to another slice of cricketing history in Gwalior.

Tendulkar, dubbed 'the little master', crafted his way to an unbeaten 200 in the second one-day against South Africa - the highest individual score ever made in an ODI.

Reflecting on the 36-year-old's innings, former England spinner Emburey said on Sky Sports: "It was absolutely spectacular. There are no more superlatives you can say. Every superlative about that guy has been said.

"Straight from ball one he was timing the ball beautifully. Ok, South Africa didn't quite get their lines right but you've still got to put the ball away and time it.

"He was just measured in everything that he did including his footwork. He was going for the gaps. There was no slogging, they were all great shots. It was top-quality hitting.

"To go on and get a score like that was phenomenal. He knew where he wanted to hit the ball and he's got the ability to do it. He could perhaps have got a few more if Dhoni had not hogged the strike at the back end of the innings!"
Humble

One of Emburey's former counties, Middlesex, had hoped to pull off a major coup by signing Tendulkar for their Twenty20 campaign.

However, with 47 Test centuries and 46 one-day hundreds already under his belt the Indian batsman reportedly declined the offer in favour of achieving more personal milestones on the international stage.

Yet despite his ambition, Emburey revealed that Tendulkar remains modest and unassuming in person.

"He is very humble and very down to earth; he is not someone you'd see out too often," he said. "He'd go out to a restaurant but he's not able to go out much because otherwise he'd be mobbed.

"He'd sooner come to London and spent time here where he is able to walk down Oxford Street and do some shopping without 2000 people around him. He is held in such high esteem not just in India but around the world."

Hit

Tendulkar treated South Africa's bowlers with little respect during his record-breaking, 147-ball knock - and there was no respite from the other end either as MS Dhoni and Yusuf Pathan went on the offensive.

"It was such a good pitch," said Emburey. "There was nothing in it for the bowlers, including the spinner (Roelof van der Merwe). Every time he pushed it through he got hit, every time he held it back he got hit.

"The quicker bowlers were trying to mix it up, change their pace but they continued to be hit. There was no length or line they could bowl.

"I thought perhaps there were one or two periods where the South Africans didn't quite get it right. In the batting powerplay India scored 63 when Pathan and Tendulkar were together. I just felt they got their field placing and game-plan wrong.

"They were bowling wide and full outside off-stump with only a deep cover and no third man or long off. I felt in that period there it was getting away from them.

"India took that powerplay early, which is one of the reasons Pathan went up the order but when you see Dhoni bat the way he did you wonder why he wasn't going in before Pathan."

http://www.skysports.com/twenty20/story/0,26252,12344_5977360,00.html
[tscii:9e5170de20][/tscii:9e5170de20]

littlemaster1982
25th February 2010, 08:42 AM
Opening lines of TOI report.

Never annoy the Master. And that is what the South Africans seemed to have done when they doubted a save by Sachin Tendulkar on the boundary during the close finish in the first One-dayer in Jaipur on Sunday. And they got the reply three days later as a Sachin-storm blew them away on Wednesday.

:lol: :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
25th February 2010, 08:45 AM
[tscii:e806d2c51a]Sachin Tendulkar's 200 breaks ODI world record as India crush South Africa

Sachin Tendulkar scored the first double hundred in one-day international cricket history on Wednesday to add yet another accomplishment to a distinguished career.

Tendulkar was exactly 200 not out against South Africa in Gwailor breaking the previous highest score of 194 held jointly by Zimbabwean Charles Coventry and Pakistan’s Saeed Anwar.

It was Tendulkar’s 46th century in one-day cricket for India and continues a remarkable recent run of form for a player who, at the age of 36, is showing no sign of slowing down with hundreds in each of his last four Tests.

“I don’t know how to react,” said Tendulkar. “I’d like to dedicate this double-hundred to the people of India for standing behind me for the last 20 years throughout the ups and downs. I felt that when I was 175-plus and it was the 42nd over I had a chance, but I wasn’t actually thinking of it. It was only when I got closer to it that I thought about a double hundred.”

Tendulkar gave early warning of his intent with a 37-ball half century. He slowed down as he neared his hundred but picked up the pace again once past the mark, hitting Jacques Kallis for three fours in one over.

For South Africa, there was no repeat of the Johannesburg heroics when they chased 434 to beat Australia. AB De Villiers scored a hundred but they lost by 153 runs when they were bowled out for 248.

Highest individual scores in one-day international cricket:

1. 200 not out - Sachin Tendulkar, India vs. South Africa, Gwalior, Feb 2010

2. 194 not out - Charles Coventry, Zimbabwe vs. Bangladesh, Bulawayo, Aug 2009

3. 194 - Saeed Anwar, Pakistan vs. India, Chennai, May 1997

4. 189 not out - Viv Richards, West Indies vs. England, Manchester, May 1984

5. 189 - Sanath Jayasuriya, Sri Lanka vs. India, Sharjah, Oct 2000

6. 188 not out - Gary Kirsten, South Africa vs. United Arab Emirates, Rawalpindi, Feb 1996

7. 186 not out - Sachin Tendulkar, India vs. New Zealand, Hyderabad, Nov 1999

8. 183 not out - Mahendra Singh Dhoni, India vs. Sri Lanka, Jaipur, Oct 2005

9. 183 - Sourav Ganguly, India vs. Sri Lanka, Taunton, May 1999

10. 181 not out - Matthew Hayden, Australia vs. New Zealand, Hamilton, Feb 2007

11. 181 - Viv Richards, West Indies vs. Sri Lanka, Karachi, Oct 1987.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/india/7308573/Sachin-Tendulkars-200-breaks-ODI-world-record-as-India-crush-South-Africa.html[/tscii:e806d2c51a]

ajaybaskar
25th February 2010, 08:51 AM
[tscii:b8e0d824b8]Sachin Tendulkar hits highest score ever in one-day internationals

• India hero Tendulkar hits first-ever ODI 200
• South Africa lose by 153 runs in Gwalior

Sachin Tendulkar has become the first cricketer to make a double-hundred in the 39 years of one-day international cricket.

The blazing innings comes 10 months after his 36th birthday and four years after he was booed off his home ground in Mumbai, with his career apparently in terminal decline. Somewhat improbably given today's innings, the abuse had been for slow scoring.

Tendulkar ended India's second one-day game against South Africa unbeaten on exactly 200, after 147 balls of beautiful destruction. He relied on finesse as much as force, hitting only three sixes to go with 25 fours.

India reached 401 for three in 50 overs under Gwalior's floodlights, against one of the strongest attacks in the world.

In reply, South Africa's batsmen began in similarly punchy mood but were soon overwhelmed by an asking rate of eight an over. Despite a run-a-ball century from AB de Villiers they lost by 153 runs, their second-heaviest one-day defeat.

Tendulkar sailed passed the previous world-record score – the 194 set by Pakistan's Saeed Anwar against India in 1996-97, which was matched in 2009 by Zimbabwe's Charles Coventry against a weak Bangladesh side. However, when MS Dhoni stole the strike for the last over and then hoisted the first ball for six it seemed Tendulkar could end marooned on a bittersweet 199.

But with the crowd baying for their hero, Dhoni – who had dealt almost exclusively in boundaries – wisely sauntered a single, and next ball Tendulkar nurdled a run through gully to reach 200. He and Dhoni, who played a small tornado of an innings, added 101 in only 54 balls.

Tendulkar had begun with boundaries on either side of the wicket off Wayne Parnell and then played an array of cuts, pulls and drives.

Memorably, in the first over of the batting PowerPlay, and the 35th overall, Dale Steyn bowled a full, quick delivery outside off stump; Tendulkar simply walked across his stumps and flicked him through a narrow gap at midwicket. Steyn could only watch the ball speed away and shrug his shoulders.

Tendulkar has scored more runs than anyone in history in both one-day internationals and Test matches. He was briefly dropped by India in 2007 but has since regained his position as the subcontinent's most worshipped cricketer.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/feb/24/sachin-tendulkar-india-world-record[/tscii:b8e0d824b8]

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 08:54 AM
[tscii:6c5e5b6002]Nothing is impossible: Sachin Tendulkar’s unbeaten 200
25 Feb 2010, 0002 hrs IST, ET Bureau

Sachin Tendulkar’s unbeaten 200 is a testimony to his fitness and commitment even as he heads for his 37th birthday. He is looking as fit as
focused and as formidable as he ever has, and his timing remains untouched by the passing years.

Having played till the age of 39, I know that discipline, good, healthy living and focus can add years to one’s career. What I lost in pace and stamina, I gained in control and guile. In Tendulkar’s case, too, he has smartly sorted out his game. He might not have the eye he had in his late 20s, or the speed — those are the peak years of every batsman. However, Tendulkar has compensated for those areas with excellent shot selection and placement.

I always maintain that Test cricket and one-day cricket are two different areas, one cannot be connected to the other. However, Tendulkar’s rich vein of form in the longer version seems to have relaxed him and given him the freedom to play in an unburdened manner. Though I did not see the knock, the statistics I have got are staggering.

The fact that he got the score in 147 balls itself is a huge achievement and by reaching 200 he bettered one of the best one-day knocks I have seen, by Saeed Anwar. The latter was one of the sweetest timers of the ball, and that knock in Chennai was when he was at the peak of his form. To have bettered that Tendulkar must have really turned on the magic with some scintillating shots.

There may be many who will say that the wicket helped strokeplay and that there was nothing in it for the bowlers. But no matter what the wicket is like, to stand through 50 overs and score 200 is a very, very special effort — an achievement that his contemporaries, Ricky Ponting and Brian Lara, would have been proud of.

If I had had to pick up a guy as the one to score the first one-day double ton, it would have been Virender Sehwag. He is young, belligerent and in unbelievable touch. However, it was his illustrious senior who pipped him at the post. Tendulkar seems to have rediscovered an exuberance and enjoyment which seems to have taken his game to a different level, and India would be hoping that he maintains this rhythm for some time.

This achievement would mean a lot to Tendulkar, even though he has many records to his name because every opener must have had an eye on this record. A double century has only been a theoretical possibility in limited overs so far, so in many ways Tendulkar has achieved something unusual. True, he has many feathers on his cap, but this one is a really special one. An absolutely phenomenal record by a truly phenomenal player.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/et-cetera/Nothing-is-impossible-Sachin-Tendulkars-unbeaten-200/articleshow/5613258.cms
[/tscii:6c5e5b6002]

ajaybaskar
25th February 2010, 08:56 AM
Sachin Tendulkar first to score one-day international double ton

IT TOOK 2,961 one-day internationals before one of the great frontiers in cricket was crossed today when Sachin Tendulkar became the first man to score 200 in a limited-overs game for his country.
In doing so against South Africa in Gwalior, in central India, he passed the record that had been held jointly by Saeed Anwar, who made 194 for Pakistan against India in 1997, and Charles Coventry, of Zimbabwe, against Bangladesh last year.

If it had not been for severe cramp and Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the India captain, hogging the strike near the end, who knows how many Tendulkar could have scored.

SCOREBOARD

He had reached 191 by the end of the 45th over, but faced only nine of the last 30 balls, reaching 200 off the third ball of the final over.Hashim Amla made a fine diving stop on the deep mid-wicket boundary the previous ball to give Tendulkar that chance as Dhoni, who had scored 23 off the previous six balls, came within feet of another boundary.

Tendulkar steered the next ball from Charl Langeveldt behind point to spark jubilation in the crowd and around the world.

His 200 came off 147 balls, the second fastest strike-rate of his 46 one-day hundreds for India, and laid the platform for a team total of 3-401 that proved beyond the visiting side.

Having slipped to 6-103 in the fifteenth over, A.B. de Villiers made an unbeaten 114 but South Africa, who lost the first match of the three-game series by one run on Sunday, were dismissed for 248 in the 43rd over.

Is it possible that after 20 years in international cricket, Tendulkar, the darling of Mumbai and scorer of more than 30,000 runs for India, is just getting the hang of the game? Since entering his third decade at the top in November, Tendulkar has a batting average of more than 90 from 13 international matches.

His purple patch includes five Test hundreds in the past nine innings and 96 not out in a one-day match against Sri Lanka. The 36-year-old batsman also made 175 against Australia in early November, ten days before the twentieth anniversary of his India debut, but that is merely the third highest of his one-day hundreds.

In 1999 he made 189 not out against New Zealand.South Africa could have felt confident after four overs today, having dismissed Virender Sehwag for nine.

It was the first of two wickets for Wayne Parnell, but the 20-year-old fast bowler's figures were ruined by Tendulkar, who took 46 off 24 of his balls, to leave him nursing a return of two for 95 in ten overs.

Tendulkar had nine fours in his first fifty, which came off 37 balls, and needed 53 more balls to get to 100, before taking advantage of the tiring bowlers' waywardness.He added 194 for the second wicket with Dinesh Karthik, who made 79, and 101 in nine overs with Dhoni, who reached 68 off 35 balls.

By hitting two of the last three balls for four, Dhoni took India past 400, the ninth-highest total by any country. South Africa had made 438 batting second to beat Australia four years ago, but once the in-form Amla became the third wicket to fall in the first eight overs, the chase was never on.

Tendulkar, who dedicated his innings to "all the people of India who stood with me for the last 20 years" said that he only felt in with a chance of getting the record when he had reached 175 and realised there were still eight overs left. "I thought I was stroking the ball well," he said.

"The ball was coming nicely on to the bat. Every over a big shot was being played and was being played consistently."

Tendulkar has 93 hundreds in international cricket and while Ricky Ponting, the Australia captain, is only eight behind his 47 Test centuries, the aggregate will surely never be caught.

Reaching 100 international hundreds is a realistic goal for Tendulkar, as well as making a first Test triple-hundred _ his best, somewhat surprisingly, is only 248 _and winning the World Cup for India next year.

That would not be enough for Sunil Gavaskar, the former India captain. "He should aim for more," Gavaskar said.

"Maybe a Test innings of 450 or an ODI knock of 250. There is a little boy in Tendulkar who wants to keep playing. That spirit keeps him going."

While Tendulkar has set a benchmark in international cricket, his innings was only the tenth highest in List A cricket. Alistair Brown, the Nottinghamshire and Surrey batsman, leads the way with 268 against Glamorgan at the Oval in 2002 and also made 203 against Hampshire in 1997.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sachin-tendulkar-first-to-score-one-day-international-double-ton/story-e6frg6n6-1225834180831

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 09:09 AM
An article about Tendulkar in Forbes :shock: :bow: :clap:

Tendulkar Achieves One Of Cricket's Unreachable Records
February 24, 2010 - 6:01 pm
Share18
Paul MaidmentBio | Email
Paul Maidment is Editor, Forbes Media

India's Sachin Tendulkar -- the Little Master (above) -- has confirmed himself as one of the greatest cricketers of the modern era by breaking what was thought to be one of the game's unreachable records, an innings of 200 in a one-day international (ODI).

A double century in any form of international cricket is uncommon. Hitting one within the 50 overs limit of an ODI had never been done before in the four decades this form of the game has been played. Doing so is up there with some of the greatest individual athletic achievements such as Wilt Chamberlain's 100-point game, Jessie Owens' four world records in 70 minutes or Don Larsen's perfect World Series game.

The previous record was 194 set by Pakistan's Saeed Anwar against India in 1996-97 and matched in 2009 by Charles Coventry for Zimbabwe against Bangladesh. Tendulkar's own previous best ODI score was 186 not out against New Zealand in 1999, His undefeated double century led India to a 153 run win over a strong South Africa side in Gwalior, also sealing a series victory. Spectators described the innings as a flawless display of Tendulkar's characteristic wristy stokes, powerful boundary shots and unflagging concentration.

Other batsmen hit the ball with more brutal power or bat with more elan and dash. Tendulkar, like the man many reckon to have been the greatest batsman of all, Australia's late Sir Donald Bradman, is a relentlessly efficient run-machine. The 36-year-old, who is a sporting idol in India on a Michael Jordan or Pele level, has scored more runs than anyone in both ODIs (17,598) and Test matches (13,447).

He is experiencing something of a golden autumn to a distinguished 20-year career after injuries and a run of bad form had seemed to cut it off in its prime. The record score was his 46th century in 442 ODIs. He has also scored 47 hundreds in 166 Tests, giving him a total of 93 -- 10 hit in just 34 innings in the past 12 months. In an era which has seen great batsmen such as Australia's Ricky Ponting and the West Indies' Brian Lara, Tendulkar has again staked a claim to be the best of them all.

Success has bought not just fame but fortune. In August, we ranked him as the second highest earning cricketer, with total earnings of $8 million over the previous 12 months, including a $1.1 million salary from his Indian Premier League team, Mumbai Indians. Aptly, the top earning cricketer, India's captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, was at the other end of the Gwalior pitch as Tendulkar struck his record-breaking 200th run.

http://blogs.forbes.com/sportsmoney/2010/02/tendulkar-achieves-one-of-crickets-unreachable-records/

[tscii:a53b9f1c96][/tscii:a53b9f1c96]

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 09:12 AM
Cricket Star Breaks an 'Impossible' Record
By Bobby Ghosh Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2010

You may have been concentrating on the ice dancing in Vancouver. Or you're one of those people who can't tell a silly mid-off from a backward square-leg. So it's possible you missed the breaking of one of sport's long-standing barriers: India's Sachin Tendulkar scored a double-hundred against South Africa in a one-day match on Feb. 24, 2010. For the 1.5 billion people who follow cricket — making it, by some reckoning, the world's second most popular sport after soccer — it was a moment to match Roger Bannister's 4-min. mile in 1954.

To understand why the mark was long thought impossible, consider the odds against it happening. In a one-day game, each side gets to bat 50 six-ball overs — that's 300 balls or, in American baseball terms, "pitches." It's rare that a single batsman gets more than 150 pitches, so the batsman would need a hit rate higher than 100% to get to 200 runs. Tendulkar got his 200 runs in 147 pitches, a hitting rate of 136.5. Very few players have scored at a faster rate, and none had the combination of patience and skill to score fast and stay on the pitch long enough to get to 200. Only one other time in the past 10 years has a batsman gotten to 190. In a career spanning 21 years, Tendulkar himself had just three scores in excess of 150 before today's feat. The closest he had scored was 186, against New Zealand in 1999. (See a sped-up U.S. version of the sport: call it Cricket 2.0.)

Wednesday's achievement was the more remarkable because it came against South Africa, which has a powerful bowling lineup and superb fielders. Scoring big against the minnows of the sport — Bangladesh or Zimbabwe, for instance — is one thing; taking 200 from the South Africans is many leagues harder.

It was entirely appropriate that the record should fall to Tendulkar, 36, the greatest run scorer of all time, as he roars into the autumn of a storied career. Cricketers very rarely play into their 40s, and most are long past their record-breaking age at 35. But the Little Master, as his fans know him, is as bright at twilight as he was at noon: he's ratcheted up a string of recent big scores in both the five-day "Test" and one-day versions of the sport, giving a new generation of bowlers the privilege of a Tendulkar thrashing.

He has not indicated when he plans to sign off, and on current form it's a certainty he will break many more batting records; this year alone, he could become the first man to get 50 Test hundreds (he's on 47), and 50 one-day hundreds (he has 46). He's already scored more runs in both forms than anybody else.

Tendulkar's one of those rare success stories that were entirely predictable from the get-go. He was a child prodigy, breaking records as a schoolboy cricketer in Mumbai back in the late 1980s; greatness was plainly his destiny. So there are literally millions of cricket fans (not all of them Indians) who can honestly respond to every new Tendulkar record by saying, "I told you so."

It's in the nature of sport that records don't last forever. Hundreds of middle-distance runners can now do the mile in less than 4 min. It won't be long before other batsmen reach and exceed the 200-run mark; there are at least a half-dozen in the modern game who have both the power and stamina to pull it off any day of the week. But history will never forget the Bannisters and Tendulkars for proving that the only barriers are in our minds.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1967828,00.html#ixzz0gW29tMHW

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1967828,00.html

[tscii:50d702bfb9][/tscii:50d702bfb9]

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 09:14 AM
NASSER HUSSAIN: Mighty Sachin Tendulkar even tops Lara, Ponting and The Don!

By Nasser Hussain Last updated at 1:42 AM on 25th February 2010

I have never liked comparisons between great players, but after Wednesday’s incredible game it must be said — Sachin Tendulkar is the greatest batsman of all time.

Better than Brian Lara and Ricky Ponting, the other two great players of my era. Better than Sir Viv Richards, Sunil Gavaskar and Allan Border. And I would even say better than Sir Don Bradman himself.

Now he has the first double hundred in a one-day international — hitting 25 fours and three sixes as India beat South Africa by 153 runs — he has swung it for me.
Indian batsman Sachin Tendulkar

Little master: Record-breaker Tendulkar celebrates reaching his landmark
SACHIN BY NUMBERS

46 One-day international hundreds

47 Test hundreds

166 Test matches played

240 Sixes in all international cricket

442 One-day internationals

13,447 Test runs scored

17,598 one-day international runs

45.12 One-day international batting average

55.56 Test batting average

I played against Tendulkar on my first England tour, the Nehru Cup in India in 1989, and I could still see that excited boy in big pads in Gwalior.

That extraordinary drive and enthusiasm are what make Tendulkar so special. He has been playing international cricket for 20 years under the intense scrutiny being an Indian superstar brings, so it is remarkable he still loves holding a bat as much as ever.

Halfway through the Indian innings on Wednesday, Tendulkar was already on more than a hundred. It’s almost a given that he will reach three figures. But even he had not turned it into a double in a 50-over international before, and this was not against a lowly side but South Africa, one of the most formidable bowling attacks in the world.

There was no slogging — just pure, attacking strokeplay.

Tendulkar has gone back to being the fluent, almost flamboyant, batsman he used to be. In recent years his innings had become a bit mechanical, but I think he has remembered what made him great.

I interviewed Sachin for Sportsmail when he was touring England a couple of years ago — one of the highlights of my career since I stopped playing, and it was noticeable that he is not driven by money.
Brian Lara of West Indies
Former Australian Cricketer Sir Donald Bradman

Better than the rest: Tendulkar is better than Lara (left) and Bradman

He has become a very wealthy man, but that has been as a result of doing what he does best and enjoying it. It has not been the be all and end all for him.

What else is left for Tendulkar now? Well, it is sometimes said that he has not played enough match-winning innings on the really big occasion for India.

What better, then, than to score a hundred in the World Cup final against Australia — or maybe even England — on home soil this time next year.

That would be the full stop that would enable Tendulkar to ride off into the sunset with everything achieved in his career.

My admiration for him is total. To steal the nickname of a certain football coach who led Inter Milan against Chelsea on Wednesday, Sachin Tendulkar truly is The Special One.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-1253563/NASSER-HUSSAIN-Mighty-Sachin-Tendulkar-tops-Lara-Ponting-The-Don.html#ixzz0gW2YhCC6

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-1253563/NASSER-HUSSAIN-Mighty-Sachin-Tendulkar-tops-Lara-Ponting-The-Don.html

[tscii:dd4b2f6dfb][/tscii:dd4b2f6dfb]

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 09:18 AM
It'll be nice if Sachin Tendulkar breaks Brian Lara's 400: VVS Laxman
Nihal Koshie
Thursday, February 25, 2010 1:31 IST

Mumbai: Every innings played by Sachin Tendulkar is special. But this is extra special as he has become the first to reach the 200-run landmark. It is a wonderful performance.

I did watch parts of his innings as I was in and out of a meeting. But it was clear that he was soon going to achieve something very special on Wednesday.

I am really proud to have been able to play alongside Sachin. No other person or player deserves to become the first batsman to make 200 runs in ODIs. Even after playing for 20 years, which in itself is a great feat, Sachin has managed to stay humble and is unaffected by the fame and success. He has remained humble all along and what is equally important is that he has remained dedicated and committed.

The unbeaten 200 that Sachin made at Gwalior is a benchmark for others to follow. Now, there will be lot of players who believe that they can also make 200 in an One-day international. We will wait and see. But I can tell you that only special players can achieve this feat. Not everyone is Sachin. He is unique.

I don’t know if it is right to say that Sachin is getting better with age simply because he was always really, really good from the time he started playing cricket. His love for the game and sincerity for the game is rather unmatched. He still plays the game with the passion of a small kid. He worships the game.

What makes him so hungry for runs is that he is never satisfied. Most people are content with their performances and rest on their laurels. But Sachin has this ability to set new milestones as he is always looking to get better.

Now, I guess only Brian Lara’s 400 is left for Sachin to surpass. I would be really happy if Sachin goes past 400 in Tests. It’ll be nice if he breaks Lara’s record. I just want to wish him all the very best. He is a true role model for everyone.

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_it-ll-be-nice-if-sachin-tendulkar-breaks-brian-lara-s-400-vvs-laxman_1352253

[tscii:3f01b6c5a1][/tscii:3f01b6c5a1]

hamid
25th February 2010, 09:22 AM
Mamta is angry with Sachin :wink:

ajaybaskar
25th February 2010, 09:29 AM
Best quotes i came across yesterday..

One fan in CNN: I saw god today and he was playing cricket in Gwalior.

Robin Jackman: Best thing that you can do now is not to bowl.

littlemaster1982
25th February 2010, 09:32 AM
Scenes from some IT office. The atmosphere is like a FDFS of a Mass Hero :lol:

[html:230e47359f]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KA2Bwx_RLHY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KA2Bwx_RLHY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/html:230e47359f]

P.S: Not sure if this is posted before.

ajaybaskar
25th February 2010, 09:40 AM
LM,

Torrent link post panningo (Wibhs style)...

hamid
25th February 2010, 09:49 AM
Not sure whether it is posted here already...

Yesterday at NDTV@21 they gave various awards..

Tendulkar was awarded Sports Icon of the last 21 years... :notworthy:

His acceptance speech (recorded earlier) was also telecasted..

he said.. "I dont know whr I will be after 21 years from now.. I havent even thought about anything other than cricket as of now.. when I retire from cricket, which I dont know when.. there will be other options.. but I will be definitely associated with cricket in some way"

littlemaster1982
25th February 2010, 09:50 AM
Ajay,

Please wait. Will upload by this weekend :)

Vivasaayi
25th February 2010, 10:15 AM
Oh my sachin! prabhakar innings vs this?
Comparison-na oru nyaayam venaama?

i dint comare sachin innings with prabahar innings ... and i didnt say Sachin's 200 was selfish ... i also dint say anything abt Sachin

Konjam sachin fans india thothalum paravalaenu sonnatha thaan thappunu sonnaen ...

if someone had asked u can have sachin 200 or indian victory in the next match

most of the indians would have opted for sachin 200 - because indian victory is just another victory.

VinodKumar's
25th February 2010, 10:41 AM
Oh my sachin! prabhakar innings vs this?
Comparison-na oru nyaayam venaama?

i dint comare sachin innings with prabahar innings ... and i didnt say Sachin's 200 was selfish ... i also dint say anything abt Sachin

Konjam sachin fans india thothalum paravalaenu sonnatha thaan thappunu sonnaen ...

if someone had asked u can have sachin 200 or indian victory in the next match

most of the indians would have opted for sachin 200 - because indian victory is just another victory.

seringna ..

ajaybaskar
25th February 2010, 10:41 AM
[tscii:9dea54e0ec]SALUTING SACHIN

“Sachin is the benchmark in world cricket. He is a legend. You can’t se a more dedicated and committed sportsman. And a very down to earth individual. He is a great package.
— Narain Karthikeyan, India’s only Formula One driver

“There is just no question about that. He is the greatest batsman the game has ever seen. See his record! Who else has got 90-plus centuries, 17000-plus runs in ODIs and 13000-plus runs in Test cricket? He is comfortably the greatest batsman ever. He should aim for more. Maybe a Test innings of 450 or a ODI knock of 250. And then he himself wants to win next year's World Cup. There is a little boy in Tendulkar who wants to keep playing. That spirit keeps him going. It's absolutely incredible how he keeps going.”
— Sunil Gavaskar, FORMER INDIAN CAPTAIN

Whatever record is seen to be impossible to achieve, he makes it possible. That's all I can say. It seems as he's getting older, he is becoming more and more mature. No wonder Sir Donald Bradman saw himself in the way Sachin bats.”
— Bapu Nadkarni, FORMER INDIA PLAYER

What an innings it was! He came close to achieving it twice. I always felt that Tendulkar and Sanath Jayasuriya are capable of doing that.
— Kumar Sangakkara, SRI LANKA CAPTAIN

“Sachin is Sachin. He has already proved that he is the greatest. His stature can never be surpassed. This record adds to his crown that is already embellished with the best of jewels.
—Geet Sethi, FORMER BILLIARDS AND SNOOKER WORLD CHAMPION

“Sachin has all kinds of records and this is a reward for his dedication and focus. Youngsters involved in all sports from any part of the world need to learn from him. They should not be carried away by success. His career is also a lesson on how to manage one’s career.
— Prakash Padukone, INDIAN BADMINTON LEGEND

“Records are there to be broken but it makes you happy when someone like Tendulkar does it. He thoroughly deserves this record and many more in days to come”
— Javed Miandad, FORMER PAK CAPTAIN

“For any cricketer he is the perfect role model. The great thing about him is that he has been outstanding in both Tests and ODIs. As a Pakistani player, I know how much value we have always put on his wicket”
— Shoaib Malik, PAKISTAN ALL-ROUNDER

“I watched the match from the start. It was a flawless innings. Sachin is a great ambassador. I know him for 15 years and I am convinced that the best way to promote any sport is through Tendulkar. He is an exemplary character and I think he will go onto conquer more heights.
— Baskaran , FORMER HOCKEY CAPTAIN

“It shows his mental and physical toughness. He's a player who does not throw away his wicket once he's set. He always places a huge price on his wicket.”
— Dilip Vengsarkar, FORMER INDIAN CAPTAIN

“I think if you ask Saeed Anwar (who jointly held the previous record for highest ODI knock), he would say he's happy that Tendulkar broke his record. The reason for his success is that he has a great respect for the game..” — Aamer Sohail, FORMER PAKISTAN CAPTAIN

Inputs: Gowri Shankar, Team TOI

[/tscii:9dea54e0ec]

19thmay
25th February 2010, 10:49 AM
31 Pages :shock: I need time to read all your posts.

First thing first.

Aaalu - What an avatar!! :notworthy: :notworthy:

Kalyasi
25th February 2010, 10:57 AM

First thing first.

Ada antha 31 page 27 page dhoni ya thitti irukaainga.....

Thalaivar a paraatarathu uttu puttu.... paavam antha pacha manna poi....

Kalyasi
25th February 2010, 10:59 AM
Ponting wakes up and opens the newspaper

Ponting: ShShSHabbbbbba ippo ithu vera senjuputaana......

Ponting's Woiipu: Nee ellam mandi pottu ........................

Wibha
25th February 2010, 11:00 AM

First thing first.

Ada antha 31 page 27 page dhoni ya thitti irukaainga.....

Thalaivar a paraatarathu uttu puttu.... paavam antha pacha manna poi....

:evil: :hammer:

Kalyasi
25th February 2010, 11:01 AM
FYKI apdi mattum Dhoni Sachin a 200 adikka vida koodathu nu plan panni gaaji adichu irunthaan na.... inniku avan uyiroda irunthu irukka maataan nu avanukku theriyatha... enna ithu sinna pulla thanama... matter over... pls move on...

Plum
25th February 2010, 11:03 AM
Mr.Solavanthaan... neenga petrol oothikittey irukeenga :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl2:

Plum
25th February 2010, 11:07 AM
ரஜினி ரமேஷ் அவர்களே,

ஈன்ற போதில் பெரிதுவக்கும் என்ற வாக்கினை வாழ்ந்து காட்டும் மாதரசியே

திருமகனை சுமந்த உங்கள் திருவயிற்றுக்கு என் பணிவான வணக்கம்

மறைந்தும் மறையாமலும் வாழும் தெய்வதிரு ரமேஷ் அவர்களே

இவன் தந்தை என் நோற்றான் என்ற சொற்றடருக்கே அர்த்தம் கொடுத்தவரே

தவப்புதல்வனை தரணிக்கு தந்த உங்களுக்கும் பணிவான நன்றி.

நூறு கோடி இந்தியர்களின் முகங்களில் ஒரே நேரத்தில் மகிழ்ச்சி பொங்க வைக்கும் ஒரே இந்தியனே!

உன்போல் ஒருவன் இருந்ததுமில்லை

உன்போல் ஒருவன் வாழ்வதுமில்லை

உன்போல் ஒருவன் வரப்போவதுமில்லை

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

தெய்வ மகனே ! வாழ்க நீ பல்லாண்டு !

அன்புடன்

idhai nEthu miss paNnittEn.
:bow: to both GOD and the messenger :-)

19thmay
25th February 2010, 11:39 AM
Kalyan,

Whatever, kandippa Dhoni, Sachin-a munnadiye vilayada vitrukanum. You have almost 3 full overs to raise your team score. What Sachin needed was one run. Or atleast you should give him strike in the first ball of 49th. IMO his intention was to delay the jubilation and as Roshan pointed out Dhoni did not reacted much after his 200 [Remember this is not the first time]. Onniyum solradhakilla.

Vinod & Co,

Patriotism in cricket was a mere joke! :lol2:

Plum
25th February 2010, 11:55 AM
Ok, ippO konjam bOdhai thelinjirukku. Time to digest a few possibilities for the future. While basking in the glory of yesterday, I want to put here the possibilities in future
1. Grounds are getting smaller, pitches are getting balder, batsmen are getting bolder. This record will be broken. Soon. Sehwag? Gibbs? Ponting? Pietersen? Gayle? I dont know, but someone will. Maybe even the favourite villain for Indians on Feb 24, 2010 - MSD!
2. As with IR-2009, Indian summer-O-nu bayamA irukku!
3. 1997-98 - peak of his career. But the 1999 world cup wasnt a pleasant memory although he did score a few runs. 2009-2010 - second peak. 2011 WC enna AgumO?
4. Three years back, people were writing off Sachin, and hyping up Ricky. We laughed then, and GOD backed us up. Looking at their career trajectories, where RTP achieves close to Sachin's form with 2-3 years latency, 2011-2013 RTP's years-AyidumO-nu bayamA irukku :-(ofcourse. he will still be inferior - irundhAlum varalaaru miga mukiyamAchE!)

Plum
25th February 2010, 11:58 AM
Also, I feel that despite being not as good as iconic other Indian batsmen, MSD might end up with most test and ODI runs and centuries behind just Tendulkar among Indians in his career.

Kalyasi
25th February 2010, 12:01 PM
ithellam nadakka koodathu nu neenga ippoye chaterjee a aarambitchuteenga

Appu s
25th February 2010, 12:02 PM
Also, I feel that despite being not as good as iconic other Indian batsmen, MSD might end up with most test and ODI runs and centuries behind just Tendulkar among Indians in his career.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Plum
25th February 2010, 12:06 PM
ithellam nadakka koodathu nu neenga ippoye chaterjee a aarambitchuteenga
:-)
illai, these are genuine intuitions.

Kalyasi
1992 WC - Sachin's Performance Was Average --- India Didn't Qualify for the Next Round

1996 WC -- Sachin was the highest run getter --- India made it to the Semi Finals

1999 WC -- Sachin's Performance was again Average --- India made it only to the Super Six

2003 WC -- Sachin was the highest run getter --- India made it to the Finals

2007 WC -- Sachin's Performance was poor --- India knocked out in the first round

2011 WC -- Sachin will again end up being the highest run getter and India will lift the cup.... (Appadiye Dhoni kum Glory vanthu serum)

Ithu Nadakum, Nadanthe aagum... Nadantha thaan naadu nalla irukum, naama nalla irupom...

2nd WC, 4th WC he ends up being the highest run getter... each time India's progress was going to the next level.. so this time 6th WC it will be the ultimate one....

P_R
இதெல்லாம் சரித்திரத்தில வந்தே தீரும் மகேந்திரரே.

ungalakkellam, Sachin 194 N.O irukkrappa declare panra captain dhaan venum :bow:
HallOv...எனக்கு அந்த சொக்காயை கழட்டி சுத்துன, 'giving it back' captainஐ அவ்வளவா புடிக்காது

P_R
25th February 2010, 12:08 PM
If sachin had not scored a double century then I would not have had any problem you guys bashing Dhoni.அப்பொ bash எல்லாம் கிடையாது. Straight murder தான்.

Plum
25th February 2010, 12:09 PM

ungalakkellam, Sachin 194 N.O irukkrappa declare panra captain dhaan venum :bow:
HallOv...எனக்கு அந்த சொக்காயை கழட்டி சுத்துன, 'giving it back' captainஐ அவ்வளவா புடிக்காது
feeyaar 194* captain was RSD :-)

19thmay
1999 WC -- Sachin's Performance was again Average --- India made it only to the Super Six

Idha skip pannidalaame?

Kalyasi

HallOv antha captain oru Dravidan nu neenga marakka koodathu.... pakkathula ukkanthu pullaya killi vittathu yaaru nu enakku theriyathu...

Kalyasi
25th February 2010, 12:11 PM

Idha skip pannidalaame?

yen ya yen statistics nammaku saadhagama thaane varuthu....

Dinesh84
25th February 2010, 12:14 PM
Next Target: 50 centuries in both Tests and ODIs..

20,000 Runs + in ODIs and Tests..

P_R
25th February 2010, 12:14 PM
Indha office kubikkuzh la Employee of the month, CertivikkEt, pillainga photo, woippu photo, pillai varainja drawing-a ellam vechu yaarukku enna solla varaangannu purila. Naan indha post-a printout eduthu pin panni vekkalaamnu paakkaren :rotfl3:

19thmay
25th February 2010, 12:15 PM

Idha skip pannidalaame?

Avunga appa....

Kalyasi
25th February 2010, 12:16 PM
Indha office kubikkuzh la Employee of the month, CertivikkEt, pillainga photo, woippu photo, pillai varainja drawing-a ellam vechu yaarukku enna solla varaangannu purila. Naan indha post-a printout eduthu pin panni vekkalaamnu paakkaren :rotfl3:

:rotfl3:

Nesamaave ella aabees layum intha maadri aalunga irukaainga pola...

P_R
25th February 2010, 12:16 PM
And Sachin last over third ball-la edutha single-a modhallaye eduthirundha enna koranju poirukkum? How is it going to affect the team's score? Unless Dhoni didn't trust Sachin to get a single of the first ball he faces..

ippa enna koranju poiduchhu?? :) மகேந்திரர் மேல இருந்த மரியாதை

Kalyasi
25th February 2010, 12:17 PM

Idha skip pannidalaame?

Avunga appa....

ada vidappa... namma kannipu padi 2nd 4th ippo 6th WC jeiche aaganum....

P_R
25th February 2010, 12:18 PM
Danny says " Tendulkar has to wait, afterall its a team game"

Appo 11 perum "atttatayathula" bat panna vendiyadhu dhaane.. ivanakkellam mike-a kudukkaraanunga :rotfl2:

Career hazard-nga neenga

Dinesh84
25th February 2010, 12:18 PM

:rotfl3:

Nesamaave ella aabees layum intha maadri aalunga irukaainga pola... :lol: :exactly: pasanga jeicha soap dappa ellam vachirukkar.. :P

Kalyasi
25th February 2010, 12:19 PM
And Sachin last over third ball-la edutha single-a modhallaye eduthirundha enna koranju poirukkum? How is it going to affect the team's score? Unless Dhoni didn't trust Sachin to get a single of the first ball he faces..

27 page ku thiitareenga.... enna mariyathai irunthuchu ithukku munnadi?

Mahendrar oru naal saritharatha maathi ezhuthuvaar paarunga... Gabil Thev ku aduthu WC a kaila thookara rendavathu Indian captain a...

P_R
25th February 2010, 12:21 PM
Another point which was not raised against Dhoni - Ovvoru over'um pressure adhigamaagum. Imagine the *pressure* while hitting perhaps the most important single of his life with just 4 balls to spare. 4 overs to spare-nA epdi irundhirukkum..

nalla vELai adichaapla :bow: :exactly:

ஏற்கனவே 99 வந்தா அண்ணன் second கீர் போட்டுறுவாருன்னு நமக்கு தெரியும். So delaying - to put it politely - the strike rotation was unacceptable.

Appu s
25th February 2010, 12:21 PM

இருந்தாதானே குறையறதுக்கு ;)

Plum
25th February 2010, 12:22 PM
Mahendrar oru naal saritharatha maathi ezhuthuvaar paarunga... Gabil Thev ku aduthu WC a kaila thookara rendavathu Indian captain a...
idhu nadakka pragaasamaana vaaippugaL undu. apdiyE 2015layum jeyichuttarnA, Ponting gnabagArthamA, avarukku podhu mannippu vazhangiduvOm :-)

Kalyasi
25th February 2010, 12:23 PM
Another point which was not raised against Dhoni - Ovvoru over'um pressure adhigamaagum. Imagine the *pressure* while hitting perhaps the most important single of his life with just 4 balls to spare. 4 overs to spare-nA epdi irundhirukkum..

nalla vELai adichaapla :bow: :exactly:

ஏற்கனவே 99 வந்தா அண்ணன் second கீர் போட்டுறுவாருன்னு நமக்கு தெரியும். So delaying - to put it politely - the strike rotation was unacceptable.

ithunaala Mahendrar ku enna laabam nu ingu anaivarum kooravum.....

P_R
25th February 2010, 12:26 PM

:lol: Plum neenga nalla twist panrenga,appadi yaarum inga sollave illaye, Sachin said that. I found it annoying because there was nothing more contrary to the fact.

Plum
25th February 2010, 12:32 PM
kalyasi, to be fair, the charge that we are laying on MSD is quite ridiculous by itself. The crime that MSD committed yesterday, atleast from my point of view is that

Mahendra Singh Dhoni put an [i] Indian Victory [/b] above a SRT 200

இது சில நாட்டுப்பற்று மிகுந்த நண்பர்களுக்கு(BCCI != India endra Maddy-in kUtrai ingu ninaivu kUra vENdum), மற்றும் அன்பு, பணிவு, அடக்கம், ஒடுக்கம், குழு உணர்வு போன்றவற்றை போற்றும் அன்பர்களுக்கு அதீதமாக தோன்றலாம். ஆனால், வரலாறு மிக முக்கியம் என்பதால், ஒரு கிரிக்கெட் ரசிகனாக, மகேந்திரர் முடிவு எடுத்திருக்க வேண்டும் என்பது எஙள் வாதம்

P_R
25th February 2010, 12:35 PM

IIRC SCG was in the dressing room

Appu s
25th February 2010, 12:36 PM

:lol: Plum neenga nalla twist panrenga,appadi yaarum inga sollave illaye, Sachin said that. I found it annoying because there was nothing more contrary to the fact.
Sachin said what? its 'coz of Dhoni's brilliance he made 200? :shock:

Kalyasi
25th February 2010, 12:36 PM

IIRC SCG was in the dressing room

Pillyai killiyavar, thottilayum aatinaar....

Kalyasi
25th February 2010, 12:37 PM
kalyasi, to be fair, the charge that we are laying on MSD is quite ridiculous by itself. The crime that MSD committed yesterday, atleast from my point of view is that

Mahendra Singh Dhoni put an [i] Indian Victory [/b] above a SRT 200

இது சில நாட்டுப்பற்று மிகுந்த நண்பர்களுக்கு(BCCI != India endra Maddy-in kUtrai ingu ninaivu kUra vENdum), மற்றும் அன்பு, பணிவு, அடக்கம், ஒடுக்கம், குழு உணர்வு போன்றவற்றை போற்றும் அன்பர்களுக்கு அதீதமாக தோன்றலாம். ஆனால், வரலாறு மிக முக்கியம் என்பதால், ஒரு கிரிக்கெட் ரசிகனாக, மகேந்திரர் முடிவு எடுத்திருக்க வேண்டும் என்பது எஙள் வாதம்

Avanga rendu per manasulayum enna irunthuchu nu therinjukanum illa....

P_R
25th February 2010, 12:46 PM
When then the opposition batsman was on 96, Frank Worrell would instruct his bowlers to bowl a half-volley/full-toss so he can get to 100. Then fire againn.

அது ஒரு காலம், இன்னிக்கு யாரும் குஞ்சுமோன் கிடையாது etc. is fine.

Nerd made the most valid point. There is so much less pressure when you have 12 balls overs to make a single than when you have 4.

Imagine if in the pressure Sachin had nicked at 199. Then Dhoni (and I presume his supporters' stance) would be: hey Sachin goofed up I did give him a chance to go for it (which is also untrue, Amla did).

48th over last ball single எடுக்கலைன்னா என்ன குறைஞ்சு போச்சு.

Again, அதெல்லாம் ஒரு காலம் comment, whenever the non-striker is nearing a milestone, you will see de Silva anxious to give him the strike. I சலீட் that.

Once Atapattu was on 49 and the team needed one to win. de Silva stopped wides so Atapattu would get to make the one run in the next over.

Srinath most memorably bowled a wide line in the over between Kumble's 9th and 10th wickets in Delhi.

These are the things that make cricket dear to me. That is why I find Dhoni's actions unconscionable

P_R
25th February 2010, 12:49 PM

Sachin said what? its 'coz of Dhoni's brilliance he made 200? :shock:

That Dhoni supported his 200.

Plum
25th February 2010, 12:52 PM
I remember one match where Sanjay Bangar and Rahul Dravid were closing out a England One Dayer. 1 to win, Dravid smashes a ball and it is saved at boundary line. If I am not wrong, Dravid needed the boundary to reach a milestone. Bangar hesitated mid-pitch, probably thinking that he can hit a four to get to the milestone in the next ball. Dravid gave a சுட்டெரிக்கும் பார்வை and forced Bangar to complete a single

As Kamal would say, அது ஒரு கருத்து :-)

Plum
25th February 2010, 01:21 PM
Spare a thought for the bowlers, though. Steyn-kE indha gadhinA....

I hope ODI Cricket dies now. The only thing to look forward to now is inferior batsmen on dead pitches posibly scoring 250s and 300s.
I think with that 200 ODI nirvANA has been achieved. ICC must seriously consider scrapping ODIs immediately after 2011 WC.

Plum
25th February 2010, 01:33 PM
Ok, guys, one more divine coincidence. (http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/149821.html)

Donald Bradman's anniversary today. That the 200 should happen one day before - Some indication that Sachin is the "Chosen One" eh?

Kalyasi
25th February 2010, 01:38 PM
Players Holding Highest Aggregate Record 1971 - 2010

1971 82 Edrich, J H England 223 @ 37.17
1972 168 Amiss, D L England
1973 302 Amiss, D L England 859 @ 47.72
1974 340 Fletcher, K W R England 757 @ 39.84
1975 615 Amiss, D L England
1976 708 Amiss, D L England
1977 859 Amiss, D L England
1978 859 Amiss, D L England 859 @ 47.72
1979 919 Chappell, G S Australia
1980 1265 Chappell, G S Australia
1981 1719 Chappell, G S Australia
1982 2057 Chappell, G S Australia 2331 @ 40.19
1983 2480 Richards, I V A West Indies
1984 3175 Richards, I V A West Indies
1985 4406 Richards, I V A West Indies
1986 4739 Richards, I V A West Indies
1987 5629 Richards, I V A West Indies
1988 5950 Richards, I V A West Indies
1989 6442 Richards, I V A West Indies 6721 @ 47.00
1990 6621 Haynes, D L West Indies
1991 7061 Haynes, D L West Indies
1992 7706 Haynes, D L West Indies
1993 8380 Haynes, D L West Indies
1994 8648 Haynes, D L West Indies
1995 8648 Haynes, D L West Indies
1996 8648 Haynes, D L West Indies
1997 8648 Haynes, D L West Indies 8648 @ 41.38
1998 8702 Azharuddin, M India
1999 9110 Azharuddin, M India 9378 @ 36.92
2000 9899 Tendulkar, S R* India
2001 10803 Tendulkar, S R* India
2002 11544 Tendulkar, S R* India
2003 12685 Tendulkar, S R* India
2004 13497 Tendulkar, S R* India
2005 13909 Tendulkar, S R* India
2006 14537 Tendulkar, S R* India
2007 15962 Tendulkar, S R* India
2008 16422 Tendulkar, S R* India
2009 17394 Tendulkar, S R* India
2010 17598 Tendulkar, S R* India 17598 @ 45.12

He has been holding it for the past 11 years....

Kalyasi
25th February 2010, 01:42 PM
Ponting is 17 hundres and 17 fifties behind Sachin....

sathya_1979
25th February 2010, 01:46 PM
Ponting is 17 hundres and 17 fifties behind Sachin....
Avana apdiye Maindain panna sollunga :D

sathya_1979
25th February 2010, 01:48 PM
When Sachin plays, big-city roads are easy and trains and buses ply empty at rush hour and the markets take a beating...

When Sachin plays, grandmothers who know next to nothing about the game forget knitting and resting and medicines and pray their gods as they sit frozen, staring nervously at their television screen...

When Sachin plays, busy, ambitious executives ignore their calls and cancel their appointments and avoid their clients and miss their deadlines and their careers on hold...

When Sachin plays, college Common Rooms are dense and tense and hushed as an entire generation sits on pins and needles...

When Sachin plays, school-yards are silent and playgrounds are deserted because those who normally make such a racket imitating their hero are all too busy watching him make batting look so ridiculously easy...

When Sachin plays, fathers who want the news and daughters and mothers who always want soft stuff and brothers who fight for action, for once all agree on what to watch...

When Sachin plays, bowlers and fielders and opposing captains feel their impotence and inadequacy like at no other time and curse themselves and wonder what they can do, if anything, to end the shame, the nightmare, the humiliation...

When Sachin plays, commentators and experts run out of adjectives and expressions of wonder and comparisons...

When Sachin plays, lay spectators have no need for words at all and just jump and scream and whistle and clap and hug each other and cry and wave their flags and banners and thank their lucky stars for being there...

When Sachin plays, India forgets its differences and divisions and teeters between tensions and exhilaration and breaths and laughs and cries as one, as its heart fills with pride and joy and patriotism...

When Sachin plays, all else is IRRELEVANT.

Dinesh84
25th February 2010, 02:21 PM
When Sachin plays, big-city roads are easy and trains and buses ply empty at rush hour and the markets take a beating...

:exactly: i witnessed it yesterday.. sunday afternoon mathiri irunthichi roads ellam..

Kalyasi
25th February 2010, 02:53 PM
Against AUS

Player Country Mat Inns NO Runs HS 100s 50s Avg
Tendulkar, S R* India 67 66 1 3005 175 9 14 46.23
Haynes, D L West Indies 64 64 8 2262 148 6 13 40.39
Richards, I V A West Indies 54 50 7 2187 *153 3 20 50.86
Lara, B C West Indies 51 50 3 1858 139 3 15 39.53
Rhodes, J N South Africa 55 52 12 1610 * 83 0 10 40.25
Kallis, J H* South Africa 47 47 2 1515 *104 1 11 33.67
Richardson, R B West Indies 51 50 4 1498 94 0 15 32.57
de Silva, P A Sri Lanka 36 36 6 1451 *107 2 10 48.37
Gooch, G A England 32 31 1 1395 136 4 9 46.50
Cronje, W J South Africa 39 36 7 1364 112 2 9 47.03
Gibbs, H H South Africa 44 44 0 1324 175 3 3 30.09
Fleming, S P New Zealand 47 46 4 1241 *116 2 7 29.55
Kirsten, G South Africa 39 39 2 1167 *112 2 5 31.54
Sangakkara, K C* Sri Lanka 28 28 2 1134 101 1 8 43.62
Wright, J G New Zealand 42 42 0 1109 84 0 9 26.40
Crowe, M D New Zealand 35 34 3 1096 *100 1 8 35.35
Greenidge, C G West Indies 35 35 1 1091 100 1 6 32.09
Hooper, C L West Indies 40 37 4 1088 *110 1 9 32.97
Javed Miandad Pakistan 35 33 3 1019 * 74 0 7 33.97
Mohammad Yousuf* Pakistan 29 29 2 1016 100 1 7 37.63

Against SA

Tendulkar, S R* India 54 54 1 1859 *200 4 8 35.08
Ponting, R T* Australia 45 45 1 1795 164 2 12 40.80
Waugh, S R Australia 47 44 7 1581 *120 2 12 42.73
Chanderpaul, S* West Indies 35 35 4 1371 150 1 10 44.23
Ganguly, S C India 29 29 3 1313 *141 3 8 50.50
Dravid, R * India 36 36 3 1309 84 0 14 39.67
Fleming, S P New Zealand 40 37 1 1280 *134 2 7 35.56
Lara, B C West Indies 37 37 3 1219 116 3 6 35.85
Atapattu, M S Sri Lanka 34 34 4 1164 124 2 7 38.80
Bevan, M G Australia 35 31 5 1163 106 2 7 44.73
Gilchrist, A C Australia 44 42 2 1127 105 2 6 28.17
Mohammad Yousuf* Pakistan 33 33 2 1113 117 2 9 35.90
Waugh, M E Australia 42 41 3 1111 *115 2 5 29.24
Azharuddin, M India 33 33 2 1109 90 0 7 35.77
Jayasuriya, S T* Sri Lanka 44 44 0 1066 86 0 6 24.23
Sangakkara, K C* Sri Lanka 30 29 3 1062 88 0 10 40.85

Against SRL

Tendulkar, S R* India 78 74 9 2965 138 8 17 45.62
Inzamam-ul-Haq Pakistan 63 58 7 2265 *118 4 15 44.41
Saeed Anwar Pakistan 52 52 3 2198 126 7 13 44.86
Azharuddin, M India 53 48 12 1834 *111 3 15 50.94
Dravid, R * India 46 42 8 1662 145 3 11 48.88
Salim Malik Pakistan 53 43 8 1573 102 3 12 44.94
Ganguly, S C India 44 40 2 1534 183 4 9 40.37
Dhoni, M S * India 40 32 7 1528 *183 2 12 61.12
Gilchrist, A C Australia 30 30 0 1511 154 6 4 50.37
Ramiz Raja Pakistan 42 42 6 1446 *116 3 6 40.17
Ponting, R T* Australia 37 37 5 1440 124 4 8 45.00
Sehwag, V* India 44 41 2 1372 146 2 3 35.18
Kallis, J H* South Africa 31 31 5 1320 *113 3 9 50.77
Yuvraj Singh* India 51 46 7 1308 117 1 9 33.54
Mohammad Yousuf* Pakistan 43 42 4 1284 129 2 5 33.79
Javed Miandad Pakistan 35 31 10 1141 *115 2 8 54.33
Lara, B C West Indies 25 25 2 1122 169 2 9 48.78
Ijaz Ahmed Pakistan 39 34 8 1017 *102 1 8 39.12

MADDY
25th February 2010, 03:02 PM
When then the opposition batsman was on 96, Frank Worrell would instruct his bowlers to bowl a half-volley/full-toss so he can get to 100. Then fire againn.

Nerd made the most valid point. There is so much less pressure when you have 12 balls overs to make a single than when you have 4.

Imagine if in the pressure Sachin had nicked at 199. Then Dhoni (and I presume his supporters' stance) would be: hey Sachin goofed up I did give him a chance to go for it (which is also untrue, Amla did).

Again, அதெல்லாம் ஒரு காலம் comment, whenever the non-striker is nearing a milestone, you will see de Silva anxious to give him the strike. I சலீட் that.

Once Atapattu was on 49 and the team needed one to win. de Silva stopped wides so Atapattu would get to make the one run in the next over.

Srinath most memorably bowled a wide line in the over between Kumble's 9th and 10th wickets in Delhi.

These are the things that make cricket dear to me. That is why I find Dhoni's actions unconscionable

i have never seen a P_R post with so many "ifs"......DHoni :bow: ..........

yesterday incidentally annan broke the age-old accusation that Dhoni capitalises on good starts and comes at no.3...... :)

MADDY
25th February 2010, 03:09 PM

:lol: :thumbsup: ..............tell u wat, nee ennada periya paruppu, kaal-a amukkittu poda - rangela dhaan irukku dhoni mela irukkra accusations.....infact thats how dhoni support is viewed here - ivan oru periya mattai - ivanukku poi fans :) .......

Plum
25th February 2010, 03:11 PM
yesterday incidentally annan broke the age-old accusation that Dhoni capitalises on good starts and comes at no.3......
Yes, and he gave a chance to Dinesh Karthik as well. Praise be to him.
enna pandradhu "un moonji pidkkala"-lerundhu veLiya varaNum illaiyA?
Lets see if he sustains this goodwill :-)

In one way, if he becomes a batsman and gives keeping to Karthik/Goswami whoever, it might work out well for India.

Kalyasi
25th February 2010, 03:12 PM

:lol: :thumbsup: ..............tell u wat, nee ennada periya paruppu, kaal-a amukkittu poda - rangela dhaan irukku dhoni mela irukkra accusations.....infact thats how dhoni support is viewed here - ivan oru periya mattai - ivanukku poi fans :) .......

Ivinga eppavume ippadi thaan boss... ithellam paatha naama thozil panna mudiyuma....

Vaanga naama namma thread la poi pesikalaam... nammakku theriyum Dhoni pirkaalathula eppadi varuvaar nu....

Plum
25th February 2010, 03:13 PM
nammakku theriyum Dhoni pirkaalathula eppadi varuvaar nu....
adhu enakkum theriyum - I did post earleir today that he will be next only to Sachin in batting stakes when he retires. Thats why ippo wind irukkarachEyE thittikarEn :-)

Kalyasi
25th February 2010, 03:15 PM
Nadakattum Nadakattum...

MADDY
25th February 2010, 03:23 PM
railways budget news second item-a poiduchhu TOI-la :lol: .......(aama 6 varushama, railways chargesa korachitte poraanga, idhula enna pudhusu)......

sathya_1979
25th February 2010, 03:25 PM
Apdiye idha continue senju innum oru pathu varushathula ellaarukkum railway travel free nu sonnaa nalaa irukkum :D

sathya_1979
25th February 2010, 04:30 PM
[tscii:0b2c5abe40]If Sachin had worked in an IT Company:
Team Manager to Sachin:

Agree you have done GREAT…………..

BUT BUT BUT BUT

25 x 4s = 100 Runs

3 x 6s = 18 Runs

IT implies that you have done 118 Runs in 28 Balls.

And 12 x 2s = 24 Runs

58 x 1s = 58 Runs

It means you have done all 200 Runs in only 98 balls

So you have wasted 147-98 = 49 balls

Considering only 1 run scored on each of these balls you could have earned 49 valuable RUNS FOR OUR TEAM

MANAGER’S COMMENT: So you only met the expectations and NOT EXCEEDING (though anyone of our team could not do it) and your rating is 3
[/tscii:0b2c5abe40]

leosimha
25th February 2010, 04:34 PM
sathya_1979, :clap: :lol:

sathya_1979
25th February 2010, 04:36 PM
Nondhu noolaana anubavathula pesuren (Pala perukku indha experiencedhaannu nenaikkiren :lol:)

leosimha
25th February 2010, 04:39 PM
sachin, :notworthy:

I don't get the right word to describe sachin's innings....

all these marvelous, wonderful, amazing etc etc are old....

I guess we should say the innings as SACHIN.... :clap:

sachin has made the critics to eat their words.... including me.....

yes who can forget the sachin vs dhoni in this very sports columns.... ;)

the moment right now is SACHIN SACHIN SACHIN

But 2011 world cup DHONI... :) yes, we can win the world cup under DHONI and SACHIN....

leosimha
25th February 2010, 04:40 PM
Nondhu noolaana anubavathula pesuren (Pala perukku indha experiencedhaannu nenaikkiren :lol:)

yes yes.... adhe dhaan..... btw 3 is too much by a manager...he would have given 2.5 okay enough of digr... :)

Aalavanthan
25th February 2010, 04:42 PM
Tendulkar rested for Ahmedabad One-dayer (http://cricket.rediff.com/report/2010/feb/25/india-vs-south-africa-one-day-series-tendulkar-rested-for-ahmedabad-one-dayer-3rd-odi.htm)

Cricket lovers in Ahmedabad [ Images ], where the third and the last One Day International of the series against South Africa [ Images ] is scheduled to be played on February 27, would be deprived of a vintage Sachin Tendulkar [ Images ] show, as the master blaster has been rested for the match.

According to sources, the team management has decided to rest Tendulkar and test the bench strength in Ahmedabad, as India [ Images ] has already pocketed the three-match series.

National selectors will meet in Chennai on Thursday to pick the Indian squad for third and final One-dayer against South Africa and also the probables for the 2011 cricket World Cup, a day after Tendulkar blasted his way into the record books by hitting the first ever double century in ODI's against the Proteas.

It was not only Tendulkar''s 46th ODI century but it also marked the highest score in One-dayers, eclipsing the previous record of 194 which was held by Pakistan's Saeed Anwar and Zimbabwe's Charles Conventry.

vilaiyadalaiyae nu kavalai padardhaa illae netthu vilaiyaadinadhae innum oru maasam thaangumnu santhosha padardhaa nu theriyala

Aalavanthan
25th February 2010, 04:43 PM
Guys.. pls do your honour..

Is Sachin Tendulkar the best batsman ever? (http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/poll/2010/feb/25/sachin-tendulkar-greatest-batsman)

Dinesh84
25th February 2010, 04:47 PM
50 over fulla velayadirukkar.. rest avasiyam thevai.. IPL kooda yaen velayadanum? :?

sathya_1979
25th February 2010, 04:47 PM
Done! 92.2% is saying as, as of now :yes:

leosimha
25th February 2010, 04:48 PM
50 over fulla velayadirukkar.. rest avasiyam thevai.. IPL kooda yaen velayadanum? :?

:shock:

Mumbai Indians Icon and Captain....velayada venaamaa...

Dinesh84
25th February 2010, 04:59 PM

:shock:

Mumbai Indians Icon and Captain....velayada venaamaa...
oh.. avar thaan team icon la. hmm..

Thirumaran
25th February 2010, 05:12 PM
Too much of Dhoni bashing :roll: Eppadaa ethaachum chance kidaikkum ivana poattu nongedukkalaamnu kaathutae irupeenga poala :huh:

P_R
25th February 2010, 05:31 PM

i have never seen a P_R post with so many "ifs"......DHoni :bow: ..........

ஜெர்ச் பண்ணி பாத்ததுல ஒக்கே ஒக்கே if.
ஆகமொத்தம் நீங்க பதில் சொல்லலை (two film-quote responses to this are disallowed).

Essentially on Dhoni மருவாதி thing, I don't actually hate the guy as I have mentioned earlier here several times. Have usually brushed aside the media சலசலப்பு that he has some axe to frind with Sachin. Even his disproportionate Yuvaraj encouragements (at the expense of Sachin) I haven't made much out of.

But yesterday seriously makes me reconsider.

MADDY
25th February 2010, 05:55 PM
ஜெர்ச் பண்ணி பாத்ததுல ஒக்கே ஒக்கே if.
ஆகமொத்தம் நீங்க பதில் சொல்லலை (two film-quote responses to this are disallowed).

i meant the tone of ur post - so hypothetical.......i'm uncomfortable with conclusions made out of assumptions, however right they might turn out later :)

Essentially on Dhoni மருவாதி thing, I don't actually hate the guy as I have mentioned earlier here several times. Have usually brushed aside the media சலசலப்பு that he has some axe to frind with Sachin. Even his disproportionate Yuvaraj encouragements (at the expense of Sachin) I haven't made much out of.

But yesterday seriously makes me reconsider.

teek hai - i would take it as finding reasons for ur Dhoni hatred...... :)

Plum
25th February 2010, 06:10 PM
Too much of Dhoni bashing :roll: Eppadaa ethaachum chance kidaikkum ivana poattu nongedukkalaamnu kaathutae irupeenga poala :huh:

allOv - apdi paNna kUdiya orE ALu nAn dhAn and I have been very restrained. I have even warmed up to Dhoni now to give him the benefit of doubt in most cases.

P_R
25th February 2010, 06:13 PM
MADDY, Nerd's post is the most relevant in the last few pages. I am trying to draw attention to that. Sachin was on 199 and was in terrific flow. Anyone - anyone - would pass the strike to him. Why would Dhoni not do that ?

1) Either he should be malicious, bent upon denying Sachin the 200. I don't yet think this is the case.
2) Or he should be 'wonly team matters, what's the big difference between 199 and 200'. In which case he represents a PoV which is diametrically opposite to the one that makes me enjoy cricket - in whatever faint way I still manage to today.

All's well that ends well-னு எல்லாம் விட முடியலை. Dhoni being oblivious to the enormity of the situation was annoying.

Plum
25th February 2010, 06:20 PM
what's the big difference between 199 and 200
I'm sceptical of this - yAravadhu big wicket eduthA, tail varachE thappAma Durby kaila ball kodukkara Dhonikku indha personal record boosting mEla avanambikkai irukkumnu naan nambala!

littlemaster1982
25th February 2010, 06:23 PM
James Anderson's tweet: Incredible inns from Sachin earlier. What are the chances of him retiring before we play them next?!!!

MADDY
25th February 2010, 06:25 PM
MADDY, Nerd's post is the most relevant in the last few pages. I am trying to draw attention to that. Sachin was on 199 and was in terrific flow. Anyone - anyone - would pass the strike to him. Why would Dhoni not do that ?

1. do u know what was the conversations between Dhoni and Sachin and what was their plan? do u think sachin didnt talk abt ths to Dhoni?
2. why would sachin mention Dhoni after his 200 - if Dhoni was having a plan of his own.......dont say sachin is humble and would credit everyone

In which case he represents a PoV which is diametrically opposite to the one that makes me enjoy cricket - in whatever faint way I still manage to today.

this is the problem i guess - u guys want dhoni to be a caricature of ur own philosophies, likes and dislikes.......

i would rest my case saying 3 balls was enough and Dhoni was right in doing so....

Plum
25th February 2010, 06:27 PM
James Anderson's tweet: Incredible inns from Sachin earlier. What are the chances of him retiring before we play them next?!!!

Aalavanthan
25th February 2010, 06:31 PM

tha.. gadhi kalangi poyirukaanuva .. Guess we should ask ARR to compose a song for Sachin and make it a team (either Mumbai or even Indian cricket team) anthem.. as they have for football counties here..

MADDY
25th February 2010, 06:33 PM
Guess we should ask ARR to compose a song for Sachin and make it a team (either Mumbai or even Indian cricket team) anthem.. as they have for football counties here..

yes - office pogumbodhu sollittu poren

Aalavanthan
25th February 2010, 06:33 PM
2. why would sachin mention Dhoni after his 200 - if Dhoni was having a plan of his own.......dont say sachin is humble and would credit everyone

illaingaraelaa ?

MADDY
25th February 2010, 06:35 PM

illaingaraelaa ?

ungalakku dhaan humility, louu ellam pudikkaadhe

Aalavanthan
Guess we should ask ARR to compose a song for Sachin and make it a team (either Mumbai or even Indian cricket team) anthem.. as they have for football counties here..

yes - office pogumbodhu sollittu poren

appadiye.. Goutham-a namba venaamnu sollunga.. London varaikum vandhu audio release panitu poyitu, VTV is releasing in just 4 lesser known theatres.. idhaiyum sollunga.. appuram... :twisted:

Aalavanthan
ungalakku dhaan humility, louu ellam pudikkaadhe

enna pathiyaa pesitu irukom ? Sachin.. Sachin.. marakkaaddheeer. plate-ai thirupaadheer

MADDY
25th February 2010, 06:39 PM
plate-ai thirupaadheer

parra :lol2:

littlemaster1982
25th February 2010, 06:39 PM
[html:22dfd119a7]http://i49.tinypic.com/5kgb42.jpg[/html:22dfd119a7]

littlemaster1982
25th February 2010, 06:41 PM
Article from Times (http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1967828,00.html#ixzz0gWwWNlio)

You may have been concentrating on the ice dancing in Vancouver. Or you're one of those people who can't tell a silly mid-off from a backward square-leg. So it's possible you missed the breaking of one of sport's long-standing barriers: India's Sachin Tendulkar scored a double-hundred against South Africa in a one-day match on Feb. 24, 2010. For the 1.5 billion people who follow cricket — making it, by some reckoning, the world's second most popular sport after soccer — it was a moment to match Roger Bannister's 4-min. mile in 1954.

To understand why the mark was long thought impossible, consider the odds against it happening. In a one-day game, each side gets to bat 50 six-ball overs — that's 300 balls or, in American baseball terms, "pitches." It's rare that a single batsman gets more than 150 pitches, so the batsman would need a hit rate higher than 100% to get to 200 runs. Tendulkar got his 200 runs in 147 pitches, a hitting rate of 136.5. Very few players have scored at a faster rate, and none had the combination of patience and skill to score fast and stay on the pitch long enough to get to 200. Only one other time in the past 10 years has a batsman gotten to 190. In a career spanning 21 years, Tendulkar himself had just three scores in excess of 150 before today's feat. The closest he had scored was 186, against New Zealand in 1999. (See a sped-up U.S. version of the sport: call it Cricket 2.0.)

Wednesday's achievement was the more remarkable because it came against South Africa, which has a powerful bowling lineup and superb fielders. Scoring big against the minnows of the sport — Bangladesh or Zimbabwe, for instance — is one thing; taking 200 from the South Africans is many leagues harder.

It was entirely appropriate that the record should fall to Tendulkar, 36, the greatest run scorer of all time, as he roars into the autumn of a storied career. Cricketers very rarely play into their 40s, and most are long past their record-breaking age at 35. But the Little Master, as his fans know him, is as bright at twilight as he was at noon: he's ratcheted up a string of recent big scores in both the five-day "Test" and one-day versions of the sport, giving a new generation of bowlers the privilege of a Tendulkar thrashing.

He has not indicated when he plans to sign off, and on current form it's a certainty he will break many more batting records; this year alone, he could become the first man to get 50 Test hundreds (he's on 47), and 50 one-day hundreds (he has 46). He's already scored more runs in both forms than anybody else.

Tendulkar's one of those rare success stories that were entirely predictable from the get-go. He was a child prodigy, breaking records as a schoolboy cricketer in Mumbai back in the late 1980s; greatness was plainly his destiny. So there are literally millions of cricket fans (not all of them Indians) who can honestly respond to every new Tendulkar record by saying, "I told you so."

It's in the nature of sport that records don't last forever. Hundreds of middle-distance runners can now do the mile in less than 4 min. It won't be long before other batsmen reach and exceed the 200-run mark; there are at least a half-dozen in the modern game who have both the power and stamina to pull it off any day of the week. But history will never forget the Bannisters and Tendulkars for proving that the only barriers are in our minds.

littlemaster1982
25th February 2010, 06:43 PM
And this is what BBC has to say (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/soutikbiswas/2010/02/how_does_sachin_tendulkar_do_it.html)

How does Sachin Tendulkar do it? How does a 36-year-old cricketer stay at the top of the game for 20 years? How does he retain this insatiable hunger for achievement after scoring more than 30,000 runs in the long (Test) and shorter (50 over) versions of the game?

Cricket fans are asking these questions again after Tendulkar created history by firing the first double century in one-day internationals.

It was an unbelievable innings of brutal finesse - he smacked 25 fours and three sixes and batted just 147 balls to score 200. He simply toyed with South Africa's formidable bowlers.

"Take a bow master!", "You little champion!", gasped the commentators as Tendulkar walked back to the pavilion and the crowds went delirious.

"If anybody is deserving of this feat, it is Tendulkar and nobody else," gushed another commentator, and then ran out of words.

You are indeed lost for words trying to explain the genius, elegance and sheer power of one of the greatest cricketers ever born, but more so after his breathtaking display at Gwalior on Wednesday.

I think the best tribute to Tendulkar's genius came from former cricketer and present day guru of cricket writing Peter Roebuck.

"Viv Richards could terrorise an attack with pitiless brutality, Lara could dissect bowlers with surgical and magical strokes, Tendulkar can take an attack apart with towering simplicity. From the start he had an uncanny way of executing his strokes perfectly. Tendulkar was born to bat," he once wrote.

Tendulkar is India's biggest icon and proudest possession - I remember the rising crescendo of noise when he walked up to receive an award in a stadium filled to the brim in Mumbai two years ago. There were other cricket and Bollywood stars being feted that evening. Nobody could match the reception that Tendulkar got.

If you want to know how difficult it has been for Tendulkar to become the greatest cricketer India has ever had, listen to Roebuck again:

"The runs, the majesty, the thrills, do not capture his achievement. Reflect upon his circumstances and then marvel at his feat. Here is a man obliged to put on disguises so that he can move around the streets, a fellow able to drive his cars only in the dead of night for fear of creating a commotion, a father forced to take his family to Iceland on holiday, a person whose entire adult life has been lived in the eye of a storm."

It has been an incredible journey for this magician of cricket. And he is still pulling off new tricks and hitting fresh milestones. How does he do it?

Kalyasi
25th February 2010, 06:52 PM
Maddy vittudunga avinga enna venaakum dhoni ya thittatum...

19thmay
25th February 2010, 06:57 PM
Seri vidungappa! aadhavanai yaaralum maraikka mudiyaadhu.

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 07:10 PM
:smokesmirk:

:exactly: i witnessed it yesterday.. sunday afternoon mathiri irunthichi roads ellam..

littlemaster1982
25th February 2010, 07:14 PM
Feb 23, 2009 - ARR wins Oscar.

Feb 24, 2010 - Sachin becomes the first to score ODI 200.

The similarities continue (http://arrahmaniac.blogspot.com/2005/11/arrahman-sachin-tendulkar-comparison.html#links) 8-)

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 07:16 PM
Thanks to the unbeaten 200* Sachin's average in ODI's has moved a point above and it is 45.12 now.

LM, adhu 200.

Aalavanthan
25th February 2010, 07:19 PM
AF .. inniki 12K adichiduveenga pola :)

littlemaster1982
25th February 2010, 07:27 PM
Thanks for pointing out AF :D And, the highlights are up in you know where :) Grab it at once 8-)

19thmay

The similarities continue (http://arrahmaniac.blogspot.com/2005/11/arrahman-sachin-tendulkar-comparison.html#links) 8-)

Hello 1 naal difference irukula? Apparam enna similarity? :twisted:

MADDY

enga side-la irukkra unmai-yum maraikka mudiyaadhu

Plum
4 more pages. pudhu poll pOdalAm.
Dhoni bashers - varisayA vandhu bash paNnungappa 4 page OdaNum.
* Goes to the front of the queue *
:-)

Ramakrishna
25th February 2010, 07:28 PM

ellaam orey month thaaney. athu pothum :twisted:

littlemaster1982
25th February 2010, 07:28 PM

That's quite close :twisted:

Plum
25th February 2010, 07:29 PM

That's quite close :twisted:

Someone expanded this to
Feb 25, 2011: Dhoni lifts World Cup
(not sure if that is the schedule for World Cup 2011)

19thmay
25th February 2010, 07:29 PM

Ok, just one question: Tell me honestly did you like Dhoni's post match speech at Hyderabad last year?

MADDY
25th February 2010, 07:30 PM
Maddy vittudunga avinga enna venaakum dhoni ya thittatum...

ketka naadhi illainnu aaida koodaadhu :)

ajithfederer
Yo!!! Marubadiyum aarambikadheengappa :x.

Ok, just one question: Tell me honestly did you like Dhoni's post match speech at Hyderabad last year?

littlemaster1982
Someone expanded this to

March, I think.

MADDY
25th February 2010, 07:31 PM

enna sonnaan?

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 07:32 PM
April 2.

Someone expanded this to

March, I think.

ajithfederer
Onnum sollala freeaa vidunga maddy.

enna sonnaan?

Plum

From this link:

Many people who became die-hard Rahman fans in the 90s were also hardcore Sachin fans (including me!). I have seen this in many cases... My friend Radhakrishnan who is also a Rahmaniac also was of the same opinion! I think this phenomenon is not without a reason, the reason being similarities between the two. Got this interesting comparison by Maddy, from ForumHub

hmmm.. epdi irundha Maddy(HUB) ipdi (Dhoni fan) AyittAr!

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 07:33 PM
Edhunga??. endha highlights. Nethae rendu thadavai full innings paathuten. Is there any other Innings in youtube?.

Thanks for pointing out AF :D And, the highlights are up in you know where :) Grab it at once 8-)

19thmay
25th February 2010, 07:34 PM
af,

:(

littlemaster1982
25th February 2010, 07:35 PM
Edhunga??. endha highlights. Nethae rendu thadavai full innings paathuten. Is there any other Innings in youtube?.

Netthu match highlights-dhan. HQ Rip (Sky Sports) has been released.

Ramakrishna
25th February 2010, 07:35 PM

From this link:

Many people who became die-hard Rahman fans in the 90s were also hardcore Sachin fans (including me!). I have seen this in many cases... My friend Radhakrishnan who is also a Rahmaniac also was of the same opinion! I think this phenomenon is not without a reason, the reason being similarities between the two. Got this interesting comparison by Maddy, from ForumHub

hmmm.. epdi irundha Maddy(HUB) ipdi (Dhoni fan) AyittAr!

Thats the first post that i read in hub, atha marakkave mudiyaathu. Maddy, come back

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 07:36 PM
To everybody

Guys enjoy on the 200. Stop stifling with petty issues. Let's not make this thread another fite place. Any new guys willing to open a new thread?.

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 07:37 PM
Aaaha enga irukku. 30 page-la Naan engae poi theduven.

Plum
25th February 2010, 07:38 PM
To everybody

Guys enjoy on the 200. Stop stifling with petty issues. Let's not make this thread another fite place. Any new guys willing to open a new thread?.

aNNan Bala Karthik-ai vechu pudhu kadai thorakkaNumnu naan munmozhiyarEn

19thmay
25th February 2010, 07:38 PM
Maams,

We are not fighting here. Just like to know the views of a saga-hubber & friend! Anyway, am out of this topic. Period. :wave:

Ramakrishna
25th February 2010, 07:40 PM
To everybody

Maddy is willing to restart his sachin fanaticism by opening the new thread.

Aalavanthan
25th February 2010, 07:43 PM

LM PM :)

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 07:43 PM
Maams this issue is a classic case of "Oru palam inge irukku innonu enga". Do you really care on what others have to talk about sachin's innings.?. We know what he is worth of. Illaya?. And anyway in this place I would be the last one to accuse you of fighting.

Freeaa vidunga freeaavidunga naanum nethula irundhu sollitu irukken yaarum kekkura madhiri theriala.

Maams,

We are not fighting here. Just like to know the views of a saga-hubber & friend! Anyway, am out of this topic. Period. :wave:

Plum
25th February 2010, 07:49 PM
AF, pudhu pollku idea kudunga. apdiyE discussion-ai dhisai thiruppuralAm. advice paNNallAm indha kaala ilaignargaL kEkka mAttAnga :-)

Aalavanthan
25th February 2010, 07:51 PM
SEXIEST SHOT OF TENDULKAR POLL ?

Cover drive
Straight Drive
Leg flick from 6th off stump
Sweep
Straight Six

Plum
25th February 2010, 07:55 PM
Best batting partner for Sachin
Ganguly
Dravid
Laxman
Sehwag
Dhoni
Yuvraj

MADDY
25th February 2010, 07:56 PM
Best batting partner for Sachin
Ganguly
Dravid
Laxman
Sehwag
Dhoni
Yuvraj

bashing oru addiction-la ungalakku :)

Plum
25th February 2010, 07:58 PM
Actually orutharai vuttutEn - Sachin's personal favourite - godson - Durby!

Plum
Maddy, nAn dhAn Dhonikku pardon koduthuttEnnu solrEn illai.

Aalavanthan
Here is a post apocalyptic one..

What do you think Sachin would/should do after retirement ?

Domestic Cricket
Batting Coach
Rest
Promote cricket in the lesser known world of cricket

sagAkal may add a few..

MADDY
25th February 2010, 07:59 PM

romba thanks

littlemaster1982
Best batting partner avvalavu sirappana poll-a theriyalaiye :? NOM Plum. Vera edhavadhu idea kudunga :)

Aalavanthan

:lol: .. thala neenga nalladhu pannaalum ulagam thappaa pesudhu .. Arjun to manivannan: "kadaisiyila ennaiyum oru arasiyal vaadhi aakiteengalae"

littlemaster1982
25th February 2010, 08:00 PM

Domestic Cricket
Batting Coach
Rest
Promote cricket in the lesser known world of cricket

sagAkal may add a few..

:evil: Don't talk about that :notthatway:

Plum
25th February 2010, 08:06 PM

:lol: .. thala neenga nalladhu pannaalum ulagam thappaa pesudhu .. Arjun to manivannan: "kadaisiyila ennaiyum oru arasiyal vaadhi aakiteengalae"
nInga varuthapadadHinga- nAn modhallErundhE arasiyalvaadhi dhAn - maddy edhirkatchi thalaivarngaradhAla, we know each other's kaal :-)
(NOM, Maddy)

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 08:11 PM
Best batting partner em..Hands down ganguly.

Post apocalyptic ...Too early i would want to believe.

This thread has best test innings. My choice of a poll "Fav 50's in ODI's".

littlemaster1982
25th February 2010, 08:12 PM

93 fiftys irukku, adhula 10 select pannanum :lol: Good one AF :thumbsup:

Aalavanthan
25th February 2010, 08:12 PM
:evil: Don't talk about that :notthatway:

idharku edhirpu varumnu theiriyum.. irundhaalum...

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 08:13 PM
Front runners for new thread??. :Bala is one(Plum rekemendesan).

Before that why I ask for new guys is to give an opportunity to everybody to start a thread. Avvvalo than. I started the first, rk the second and lm the third(this) thread.

littlemaster1982
25th February 2010, 08:18 PM
Guys,

Whoever opens the new thread, please include the stats and other links posted in the first page of this thread.

Plum
25th February 2010, 08:21 PM
Good piece (http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/24334)

A date that has annoyed, irritated or in some cases tormented many a cricket fan. It was on this day that Saeed Anwar broke Viv Richards' record for the highest ever score in a One Day International.

The anomaly at the top of the record charts was begging to be corrected. As my colleague Srivathsa said, he was waiting for this day since that fateful May night almost 13 years ago.

He was not alone. There were thousands - millions probably - who felt that the name that belonged at the top of the table was that of Sachin Tendulkar.

In what is proving to be a golden twilight of his career, Tendulkar has systematically gone about checking all the un-checked boxes in his cricketing CV. One important one was ticked when he led a mammoth fourth innings chase against England at the same ground that he had failed to complete the job against Pakistan in 1999. Another was accomplished today, with the world's highest ODI score and first ODI double-century. No other name seemed to have belonged so naturally at the top of the list than his.
Until today, Tendulkar had seemed like the logical successor to Viv Richards as the greatest ODI batsman of his generation. Not anymore.

He is now undoubtedly, the greatest ODI batsman ever. He has made the great Viv seem like a mere prelude to the real thing.

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 08:22 PM
Yes thats madatory!!!.

Guys,

Whoever opens the new thread, please include the stats and other links posted in the first page of this thread.

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 08:25 PM
Thanks lm. We will hold up on this one and wait for other new poll options also.

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 08:26 PM
Ninga konjam late av we had this poll in the second thread (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=12191) :oops:.

SEXIEST SHOT OF TENDULKAR POLL ?

Cover drive
Straight Drive
Leg flick from 6th off stump
Sweep
Straight Six

littlemaster1982
25th February 2010, 08:27 PM
Actually, this one would be a very good poll. We always focus on 100s that we miss little gems sometimes. This is a good oppurtunity to discuss most of his underrated innings :D

Thanks lm. We will hold up on this one and wait for other new poll options also.

Plum
25th February 2010, 08:30 PM
the weld phamus 98. Wouldnt it win hands down?

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 08:49 PM
Adhaan naanum nenachen :oops:.

the weld phamus 98. Wouldnt it win hands down?

Aalavanthan
25th February 2010, 08:52 PM
How about bowling performances of Sachin ya ? adhuliyum Kochi ODIs jeyichidumnu Plum odikittae sollitu varadhu enaku theriyudhu

Nerd
25th February 2010, 08:53 PM
Adutha thread tittal ready-aa?

Aalavanthan
25th February 2010, 08:53 PM
Ninga konjam late av we had this poll in the second thread (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=12191) :oops:.

neriyavae late

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 08:54 PM
Oh title vera irukkulla!!!

Adutha thread tittal ready-aa?

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 08:54 PM
100th page :victory:

Aalavanthan
25th February 2010, 08:58 PM
100 enna thalaivaruku pudhusaa :D

Plum
25th February 2010, 08:59 PM
Title suggestion
sAmrAT Sachin

Ramakrishna
25th February 2010, 09:06 PM
Title suggestion
sAmrAT Sachin

Sathyaraj padam etho nyabagathukku varuthu :|

Thirumaran
25th February 2010, 09:11 PM

to play cricket again :noteeth:

MADDY
25th February 2010, 09:16 PM
Title suggestion
sAmrAT Sachin

paasa thalaivan Sachin-in paarrattu thiri?? :lol2:

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 09:22 PM
On a sidenote i was thinking last week when this thread would reach 100 pages. I was guessing a few months but the situation changed all in a day. First thread took 25+ months, the second took 8 months and this one in 7+ months.

100 enna thalaivaruku pudhusaa :D

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 09:30 PM
Ok announcing again

Front runners for new thread: Bala, Sridhar, Nerd, TM any body else?.

Poll Options: Batting partner, Fav 50's, any more?.

Thread Title: Samrat sachin, any more?.

vanchi
25th February 2010, 09:34 PM
Sachu :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
lucky to watch the final hour.
correcta yaar kaila record irukkanume anga

:2thumbsup: :smokesmirk:

sathya_1979
25th February 2010, 09:35 PM
Title suggestion
sAmrAT Sachin

paasa thalaivan Sachin-in paarrattu thiri?? :lol2:
:evil:
Avar enna nammala meratti thread open panna solraara? Idhukku avara naalu bad wordsla thitti irukkalaam!

ajaybaskar
25th February 2010, 09:45 PM
saadhanai sigram Sachin

littlemaster1982
25th February 2010, 10:03 PM
From Times Magazine.

When Sachin Tendulkar travelled to Pakistan to face one of the finest bowling attacks ever assembled in cricket, Michael Schumacher was yet to race a F1 car, Lance Armstrong had never been to the Tour de France, Diego Maradona was still the captain of a world champion Argentina team, Pete Sampras had never won a Grand Slam.

When Tendulkar embarked on a glorious career taming Imran and company, Roger Federer was a name unheard of; Lionel Messi was in his nappies, Usain Bolt was an unknown kid in the Jamaican backwaters. The Berlin Wall was still intact, USSR was one big, big country, Dr Manmohan Singh was yet to "open" the Nehruvian economy.

It seems while Time was having his toll on every individual on the face of this planet, he excused one man. Time stands frozen in front of Sachin Tendulkar. We have had champions, we have had legends, but we have never had another Sachin Tendulkar and we never will!!!

littlemaster1982
25th February 2010, 10:04 PM
[html:096b1e1743]http://static.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/114700/114709.jpg[/html:096b1e1743]

Ramakrishna
25th February 2010, 10:40 PM
saadhanai sigram Sachin

Tamil theriyaathavanga yaarum intha pakkamey vara koodaathu :lol:

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 10:49 PM
My title suggestion: (More may be added)
Sachin Tendulkar - Twenty and Beyond 20!! - Part 4.