PDA

View Full Version : Sachin Tendulkar - The Living Legend (Part III)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Ramakrishna
25th February 2010, 10:54 PM
My title suggestion:
Sachin Tendulkar - Twenty and Beyond 20!! - Part 4.

Leave out the 20, twenty 20 feel varuthu

Aalavanthan
25th February 2010, 10:57 PM
Sachin's 100 of 100s - Part 4 ? I am sure he is gonna reach this milestone before the new thread ends ..

ajithfederer
25th February 2010, 10:58 PM
Experience ae solla vandhen. ok boss :p.

My title suggestion:
Sachin Tendulkar - Twenty and Beyond 20!! - Part 4.

Leave out the 20, twenty 20 feel varuthu

Aalavanthan
25th February 2010, 10:58 PM
Remember chennai 28's ads when they were released... 2007 World cup to India.. India exits in the initial round.. adhugapuram Chennai 28 read 2007 T20 World cup to India :lol:

sathya_1979
25th February 2010, 10:59 PM
Sachin - The Last Man Standing!

MrIndia
26th February 2010, 01:18 AM
Sachin 2TonDulkar

Ramakrishna
26th February 2010, 01:21 AM
Sachin 2TonDulkar

Kindal panra maathiri irukku

ajithfederer
26th February 2010, 01:23 AM
'Finish it, finish it'

Tendulkar's opening partner, a man many believed would get to 200 before the master did, relives the innings of a lifetime

As told to Nagraj Gollapudi

February 25, 2010

MS Dhoni is happy as Sachin Tendulkar reaches 200 in the last over, 2nd ODI, Gwalior, February 24, 2010

"Never in a hurry" © Associated Press

I am the superstitious kind: I never praise a shot because I fear the moment I do so, the batsman gets out. Till Sachin was on 190 in Gwalior, I was rooted in my seat in the dressing room. But when he got to 190, I couldn't contain myself. I came out and started cheering every stroke till he got to 200.

When he got to 180, I knew he was going to get it, but when he was in the 190s I was concerned. If I was in his place, I would have tried to finish it quickly, because the longer I take, the greater the possibility of me getting out. I would try to wrap it up in three or four balls.

Also, he was looking really tired: he had been clutching his right side and showing signs of cramping. So when I stepped out of my seat, I was just saying, "Finish it, finish it."

But Sachin is never in a hurry. He is a different kind of batsman - one who can rotate the strike with ease and understands there is no need to take any chances. Whenever I have been on the brink of landmarks (Melbourne in 2003, Multan 2004) he has instructed me to do this and do that. But those are things only he can do.

You might say, this is 200 - a figure no batsman in the history of the game has crossed - but then we are talking about Tendulkar. He looked calm and confident even when he was at the non-striker's end in those final moments. I knew he just needed one ball, and I also knew he would get the opportunity.

He had started the innings in a confident mood. As soon as hit his first boundary, off the third ball of the second over, he walked up to me and said the pitch was full of runs and we only needed to time the ball. He told me not to think of boundaries or going after the bowler. He was right: throughout he picked the gaps and played the ball as he saw it. He was not thinking too much and that helped.

Ten years down the line if I am asked to pick a shot or two from his innings I would love to pick many. But the ones that were special to me were the cover drives off the back foot past extra cover, and the punch, once again on the back foot, past point, off Wayne Parnell. Another incredible shot was the straight six over Roelof van der Merwe's head. The left-arm spinner is a difficult one to get away, but Sachin was able to make the room and the energy to hit it clean over the sight screen.

It is not an easy summit for a batsman to conquer because he needs to possess a variety of attributes. In the past I mentioned on four or five occasions that Sachin had the capability to score a double-hundred in ODIs. I was confident only he could achieve such a feat only because of his experience and the kind of form he is in at the moment.

"I have seen him over the last decade and he is still improving with every match. I think he is in better form now than he was in 1998"

Importantly, he had the hunger and the patience to last for the entire 50 overs. You need to bat out the entire innings to score a double. And it is not so easy because it is not just about hitting boundaries; it is also rotating the strike. I knew if he had 150 balls, he could do it, and he did it in 147 deliveries.

I do not want to dwell here on my own batting, but in the past certain people have said I could have scored 200 in one-day cricket, because of my performances in Tests, where I have got near to a hundred before lunch. But I have had the tendency to take too many risks once I reach the 120 or 130-run mark in ODIs. That is difference between me and Sachin.

We have had chats about him scoring 200. He thought it was difficult, but I told him only he could do it. Last year in New Zealand, when he retired on 163 I told him he had missed the opportunity, but he said "Agar meri kismat mein hoga toh woh mil jayega [It will eventually happen if I am destined to do it]." He said the same when he got 175 against Australia last year. On Wednesday he said "Woh likha tha, toh mil gaya [I got what was destined]".

Back in 1998 everyone felt Sachin was in prime form. I was not in the Indian team then. But I have seen him over the last decade and he is still improving with every match, he is practising more than anybody else in the nets, working hard on his fitness. I think he is in better form now than he was in 1998.

http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/450022.html [tscii:2516e125d3][/tscii:2516e125d3]

MrIndia
26th February 2010, 01:23 AM
as usual .. Sachin - The Little Master vaiyunga... more apnapan in this :D

Ramakrishna
26th February 2010, 01:31 AM
Stick to Sir Sachin Tendulkar

ajithfederer
26th February 2010, 03:18 AM
May be we can put up a poll excluding that!!

the weld phamus 98. Wouldnt it win hands down?

Fine with me.

Stick to Sir Sachin Tendulkar

ajithfederer
26th February 2010, 03:37 AM
Marketing - Brands
Brand Sachin gets a 2-ton boost

Debabrata Das

Varada Bhat

New Delhi/Mumbai, Feb. 25

Sachin Tendulkar's double century marked the culmination of the re-birth of Brand Sachin. A phenomenal run of form which has seen Sachin hit 10 centuries in Test and ODI cricket over the course of the last year has put the spotlight firmly back on the little master.

After a blip in form in the middle of the decade, Sachin came back with a bang. Playing with the flair which made him cricket's first multi-millionaire in the 1990s, brands have been bowled over by Sachin's sparkling form. The past year, in fact, has been Tendulkar's best year since 1998.

“The hallmark of Sachin Tendulkar is his consistency. I think all of us are privileged to see him back at the top of his game. As far as brand value is concerned, it does not change overnight. But innings like the double century against South Africa and four Test match hundreds last year underline the quality of Sachin. Brands associated with him would obviously be very pleased,” said Mr Hairsh Krishnamachar, Vice-President, World Sport Group.

Sachin Tendulkar's endorsement list at present is a whopping 13 brands, including the likes of Pepsi, Boost, Adidas, Aviva, Royal Bank of Scotland Group amongst others. Avid cricket buff and Ogilvy and Mather top honcho Piyush Pandey says that Sachin is a brand that will transcend time. He draws a parallel between Sachin and football legend Pelé and quips, “He is the dream child for every mother, dream father for every child and the dream neighbour for everybody.”

Leading, sports agents in the country say that Sachin Tendulkar is a trusted ‘brandname'. “Sachin Tendulkar has not been part of any controversy in over 20 years in the game. His consistency and clean image make him an easily marketable brandname,” said a Delhi-based agent.

But despite his popularity, Sachin remains very choosy about the brand he endorses, according to sports marketing agents. “In fact, there are lot of brands who are chasing him. Scoring 200 runs will increase the number of brands who are running after him,” said an agent on condition of anonymity.

“In a career of over 20 years, he proved himself as dependable and somebody who is consistent. He is a sure shot for any brands, in a country where cricket is a religion,” said Mr Bunty Sajdeh, CEO, Cornerstone Sport & Entertainment Pvt Ltd.

Over the years, a loss of form and rise in popularity of his contemporaries saw Brand Sachin on a slight decline. But with consistent performances in the last year and Sachin Tendulkar now becoming the first man to breach the 200-run barrier in ODIs, Brand Sachin is set for a second innings.

“The way Sachin has cemented his way back in the team, makes him iconic. Even if he stops playing cricket, Sachin as national hero, will add to the brand,” said Mr Anirban Das Blah, former CEO, Globosport.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2010/02/26/stories/2010022650411100.htm
[tscii:67812577ec][/tscii:67812577ec]

ajithfederer
26th February 2010, 04:57 AM
Australia's Michael Clarke says it's no surprise to him to see Sachin Tendulkar become the first player to score 200 in a men's one-day international.

Tendulkar hit a majestic 200 not out in Gwalior against South Africa, beating the previous highest score of 194, jointly made by Zimbabwe's Charles Coventry against Bangladesh in Bulawayo in 2009 and Pakistan's Saeed Anwar against India at Chennai in 1997.

"His record speaks for itself. I can't say I'm surprised," Clarke said on Thursday in Wellington.

"He's probably the greatest batsman I've ever seen play, live."

Tendulkar reached the landmark in the last over off 147 deliveries, hitting 25 boundaries and three sixes. India made 3-401 and South Africa replied with 248 all out including an unbeaten 114 from AB De Villiers.

India claimed a 2-0 lead in the three-match series, as Tendulkar added the ODI highest-score record to his world marks for most runs and centuries in Tests and one-day cricket.

"I didn't watch any of it but I'd like to get back this afternoon and see some highlights," said Clarke as his Australia Twenty20 side prepared for Friday's clash with New Zealand.

Clarke says the 36-year-old's Tendulkar's longevity in the game has been one of his greatest achievements.

"He's a wonderful guy and someone I not only enjoy watching on TV, but I've loved having the opportunity to play against him as well," said Clarke, 28.

"He has got so much class. His greatest strength is the longevity, to be able to be so successful at a young age and to still be doing the same thing 20 years on.

"He made his (Test) debut at 16 and he's still as good as ever, if not better. We're blessed to still have such a great player playing this game."

After being named man of the match, Tendulkar praised his one-billion strong army of fans in India.

"I'd like to dedicate this double-hundred to the people of India for standing behind me for the last 20 years throughout the ups and downs," he said.

[tscii:7431f3aec2][/tscii:7431f3aec2]

ajithfederer
26th February 2010, 05:09 AM
This ground and pitch was smaller and flatter. It's not the case with all the venues around the world. ODI Cricket should not die :notthatway:. :noway:. Infact with good venues it can again evolve. Such bizarre cases happen only in India.

Venumna tonty -20ae scrap panna sollunga.

Spare a thought for the bowlers, though. Steyn-kE indha gadhinA....

I hope ODI Cricket dies now. The only thing to look forward to now is inferior batsmen on dead pitches posibly scoring 250s and 300s.
I think with that 200 ODI nirvANA has been achieved. ICC must seriously consider scrapping ODIs immediately after 2011 WC.

ajithfederer
26th February 2010, 05:16 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/indvrsa2010/content/story/449962.html

Sachin rested for last odi. Shewag too.

VinodKumar's
26th February 2010, 05:22 AM
This ground and pitch was smaller and flatter. It's not the case with all the venues around the world. ODI Cricket should not die :notthatway:. :noway:. Infact with good venues it can again evolve. Such bizarre cases happen only in India.

Venumna tonty -20ae scrap panna sollunga.

Spare a thought for the bowlers, though. Steyn-kE indha gadhinA....

I hope ODI Cricket dies now. The only thing to look forward to now is inferior batsmen on dead pitches posibly scoring 250s and 300s.
I think with that 200 ODI nirvANA has been achieved. ICC must seriously consider scrapping ODIs immediately after 2011 WC.

:exactly: brisbane la yo Adelaide la yo 300 adikirathae kastam ...

littlemaster1982
26th February 2010, 06:56 AM
Ind vs SA 2nd ODI Highlights

Screenshots:

[html:156155b171]http://i47.tinypic.com/23vykiw.jpg[/html:156155b171]
[html:156155b171]http://i48.tinypic.com/9zrdbp.jpg[/html:156155b171]
[html:156155b171]http://i50.tinypic.com/1znr7n6.jpg[/html:156155b171]

Links:

http://rapidshare.com/files/355569488/India.v.SA.2nd.ODI_Innings_1.Highlights.2010.XviD-xDR_TEAM_DAYN_watsayabtcoffee.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/355615593/India.v.SA.2nd.ODI_Innings_1.Highlights.2010.XviD-xDR_TEAM_DAYN_watsayabtcoffee.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/355667920/India.v.SA.2nd.ODI_Innings_1.Highlights.2010.XviD-xDR_TEAM_DAYN_watsayabtcoffee.part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/355673016/India.v.SA.2nd.ODI_Innings_2.Highlights.2010.XviD-xDR_TEAM_DAYN_watsayabtcoffee.rar

Enjoy :thumbsup:

MADDY
26th February 2010, 07:32 AM
thread title suggestion from my side:

Sachin Tendulkar - 2 words Scripture
*Sachin Tendulkar - Beyond the infinity

*inspired from Kubrick's 2001 movie :wink:

ajithfederer
26th February 2010, 07:45 AM
Guys

I will be opening a thread if nobody comes forward and opens one or if the mods ask us to open one. Pounce on the chance when you have.

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2047591#2047591