PDA

View Full Version : Awards and other fanfare

NOV
4th August 2009, 08:00 AM
[tscii]
56th annual South Filmfare Awards

In the Tamil section, Subramaniyapuram walked away with the Best Film and Best Director Award for M Sasi Kumar. It's a gripping tale of murder, betrayal and revenge, which also stars Sameera Reddy. :shock:

Suriya won the Best Actor Award for Vaaranam Aayiram, an astonishing all-encompassing melodrama which takes in the power of love, father-son relationships, drug addiction, kidnapping, terminal illness and even the Oklahoma bombing. Inspired partly by Forrest Gump and also the Dutch movie Character, it's a tour de force for Suriya who once again demonstrates his ability as one of the most versatile actors in Kollywood. Simran also picked up the Best Supporting Female Award for the movie.

In his speech, Suriya paid tribute to Kamal Hassan: "I see this award as a blessing from Kamal sir. I'm a big fan of his and I'm sure he's watching my progress. I did two characters in VA, which in itself was a big task. Just imagine a man playing 10 characters in a single film! Only Kamal can do that."

Best Female Actor went to Parvathi for Poo, a tale of devoted love. Parvathi was overwhelmed by her Black Lady award. "I'm honoured to be standing on this big stage. I did the things I like in front of the camera for Poo and I got an award for that!"

Best Supporting Actor went to Ajmal for his role in Anjathey, a hard-nosed tale of divided loyalties and gangsterism.

Best Film: Subramaniyapuram
Best Director: M Sasi Kumar (Subramaniyapuram)
Best Actor (Male): Suriya (Vaaranam Aayiram)
Best Actor (Female): Parvathy (Poo)
Best Actor In A Supporting Role (Male): Ajmal (Anjathey)
Best Actor In A Supporting Role (Female): Simran (Vaaranam Aayiram)
Best Music: Harris Jayaraj (Vaaranam Aayiram)
Best Lyricist: Thamarai (Nenjukkual peithidum – Vaaranam Aayiram)
Best Playback Singer (Male): Naresh Iyer (Munthinam partheyney—Vaaranam Aayiram)
Best Playback Singer (Female): Deepa Miriam (Kangal irundal—Subramaniyapuram)

NOV
4th August 2009, 08:02 AM
The results have an uncanny resemblance to our own Hub Awards. :)

Raikkonen
4th August 2009, 08:51 AM
In his speech, Suriya paid tribute to Kamal Hassan: "I see this award as a blessing from Kamal sir. I'm a big fan of his and I'm sure he's watching my progress. I did two characters in VA, which in itself was a big task. Just imagine a man playing 10 characters in a single film! Only Kamal can do that."

nesstu kamal-nu solraru..

NOV
4th August 2009, 08:54 AM
adhadhaan oorE solludha :P

Raikkonen
4th August 2009, 08:56 AM

:lol:

oorukulle kamal varisu-nnu ivare form ayiittaru.. enna pandrathu..

Nerd
4th August 2009, 08:57 AM

Rejetted.

NOV
4th August 2009, 09:00 AM
I am happy that he has chosen Kamal's route instead of mass route. What more can an ordinary tamil film fan ask for. :D

Nerd, NOV while agreeing to the list, did not write that. :roll:

Raikkonen
4th August 2009, 09:09 AM
I am happy that he has chosen Kamal's route instead of mass route. What more can an ordinary tamil film fan ask for. :D

Nerd, NOV while agreeing to the list, did not write that. :roll:

ippa kamal enna mass padam pannathe illainu solreengala??

deep down inside every hero wants to do a annamalai or basha.. that's why he did sri, aaru, vel, ayan etc.. nobody should be compared to kamal.. it's all propaganda to make him appeal to both set (kamal a.k.a class & mass) of fans.

:sigh2: i spent too much time about him.. :wave:

NOV
4th August 2009, 09:17 AM
yeah, agree with you that kamal has done masala films - but what sets him apart is he also does good films - a trait that is being forgotten by top heros.

that is why you have small time good films like naadodigal, subramaniyapuram, poo, anjaadhE, which draw no top hero.

I am glad that Surya, at least in his generation, is placing importance on doing good films.

Nerd
4th August 2009, 09:22 AM
ellaam sari, indha awards ellAm anjaathE-nu oru padam vandhadhaiyE maRanthuttAingaLE... I shudder to think of NadodigaL, Pasanga walking away with top awards next year :shaking:

viraajan
4th August 2009, 11:19 AM
[tscii:db9bc8a715]

:thumbsup:

Kamal :?

Best Music: Harris Jayaraj (Vaaranam Aayiram)

Though HJ is a right choice, I expected JV here :)

Best Lyricist: Thamarai (Nenjukkual peithidum – Vaaranam Aayiram)

Best Playback Singer (Male): Naresh Iyer (Munthinam partheyney—Vaaranam Aayiram)

Hariharan??? :shock:

Playback Singer (Female): Deepa Miriam (Kangal irundal—Subramaniyapuram)

Expected Sudha Raghunathan :?[/tscii:db9bc8a715]

crajkumar_be
4th August 2009, 12:13 PM

Thalaivar exempt from Filmfare awards-nga :)

viraajan
4th August 2009, 12:56 PM

:shock: I dint know this :oops: :oops:

Movie Cop
4th August 2009, 10:24 PM

:shock: I dint know this :oops: :oops:
KH has won a whopping 18 filmfare awards for "best actor" (across 5 languages). There was a time where KH himself got bored of getting these awards and told the filmfare bureau to stop giving him any more filmfare awards, rather jokingly at that. His last best actor award was for "Hey Ram" and since then looks like the filmfare award committe has relegated him to the "hall of fame" list and encourage new talents. :)

VinodKumar's
4th August 2009, 10:51 PM

:lol:

oorukulle kamal varisu-nnu ivare form ayiittaru.. enna pandrathu..

:rotfl3:

VinodKumar's
4th August 2009, 10:54 PM

y no kamal ??? balram naidu, fletcher and nambi characters were awesome ...

oru vela dasa masala padamngarathunala kudukalayo :lol:

viraajan
5th August 2009, 10:08 AM

y no kamal ??? balram naidu, fletcher and nambi characters were awesome ...

oru vela dasa masala padamngarathunala kudukalayo :lol:

:roll:

munnadi ulla posts ellam padikkave illaya :roll: :lol2:

Movie Cop
6th August 2009, 06:36 AM
56'th Filmfare awards news bit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTn5U1hYZX4

From 1:00 to 1:09, Suriya talks about his award. Nov, you may love the clippings from 1:10 to 1:25! :P

NOV
6th August 2009, 06:41 AM
:huh:

cant view youtube in office. enna matter sridhar?

Movie Cop
6th August 2009, 06:44 AM

Perisa onum illa... 1:10 to 1:25 Genelia D'Souza shows up. :mrgreen:

NOV
6th August 2009, 06:50 AM
:rotfl3:

groucho070
6th August 2009, 07:11 AM

Perisa onum illa... 1:10 to 1:25 Genelia D'Souza shows up. :mrgreen: :lol: Ennamoo ethoo ethirpaarthey. Paravayilla not bad looking bird.

Nerd
6th August 2009, 07:20 AM
Genie looks ugly! Very baed make-up :twisted:

ShreyaG looks prettier than her in that clip :)

NOV
7th September 2009, 07:11 PM
[html:a589e70bb7]
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-reviews/reviews-2/images-1/kanchivaram-02-09-12-08.jpg
[/html:a589e70bb7]

New Delhi, Sep 7 (IANS) Director Priyadarshan's off-beat Tamil film 'Kanjeevaram' has won the best feature film award at the 55th National Film Awards 2007, while southern actor Prakash Raj has been adjudged best actor for his performance in the same film, it was announced here Monday.

Renowned Malayalam film director Adoor Gopalakrishnan is best director for 'Naalu Pennungal' while Kannada actress Uma Shri is best actress for 'Gulabi Talkies'.

Bollywood star Aamir Khan's directorial debut 'Taare Zameen Par' gets the best family welfare award and Prasoon Joshi the award for the best lyrics for 'Maa' from the same film about a dyslexic child. The song also gets Shankar Mahadevan the National Award for best playback singer.

Set in the backdrop of Kanjeevaram's handloom silk industry from the 1920s to 1948, 'Kanjeevaram' is the story of a non-political weaver who leans towards communism and soon becomes a revolutionary leader and an advocate of the ideology, only to find himself caught between personal needs and his pursuit of social equality.

Author :Indo Asian News Servicehttp://indiainteracts.in/news/2009/09/07/Kanjeevaram-best-film-at-National-Awards-Adoor-best-director.html

NOV
24th September 2009, 07:42 PM
Rajni and Kamal selected for Best Actor awards

[html:f9f03056a2]
http://stbjp.msn.com/i/DB/5ED6FEAB78DCD3B6F358EE256491.jpg
[/html:f9f03056a2]

Superstar Rajnikanth and 'Ulaga Nayagan' Kamal Haasan have been selected for Tamil Nadu State awards for the Best Actor in 2007 and 2008 respectively, say our sources close to the Secretariat. A formal annoucement f the same will be released soon.

Rajnikanth's performance in Shankar's 'Sivaji, the Boss' has been taken into consideration for his award while 'Dasavatharam' is the film that fetches Kamal the award.

In 2005, Rajni was adjudged the Best Actor for his role in 'Chandramukhi' and in 2006, Kamal was given the award for his performance in 'Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu'. The awards were given to them in a function held last year.

Rajnikanth is now busy working for 'Endhiran, the Robot' and 'Sultan, the Warrior' and Kamal is basking in the praises for his latest film, 'Unnai Pol Oruvan'.

Source: www.filmysouth.com

AudazJay
28th September 2009, 02:38 PM
Genie looks ugly! Very baed make-up :twisted:

ShreyaG looks prettier than her in that clip :)

Really? I thought she looked awesome :slurp:

NOV
29th September 2009, 09:45 AM
CHENNAI: Rajnikanth's Sivaji the Boss' and Kamal Haasan's Dasavatharam', the two films which generated nationwide pre-release hype and perked up the
interest of even non-Tamil film goers, have bagged the state government's best film award. Rajnikanth and Kamal Haasan have also walked off with the best actor award for 2007 and 2008 respectively.

The awards, announced on Monday, also saw chief minister M Karunanidhi win a prize for the dialogues for Uliyin Osai (2008). There are 31 awards announced for 2007 and 34 for 2008.

In Dasavatharam, Kamal had essayed ten roles, many of which required hours of make-up, while Rajni's transformation' into a fair-faced hero had the desired effect on his fans.

Kollywood's hot couple, Suriya and Jyotika also won awards. Suriya got a special award for his role in Varanam Ayiram' where he played both a teenager and an old man of nearly 70.
Jyotika, whose role as a speech and hearing impaired girl in Mozhi' won her rave reviews, got the best actor award for 2007.
Sneha, who played a woman pining for her extended family after her husband's transfer transforms it into a nuclear unit in Pirivom Sandhippom,' got the award for 2008.

Pallikoodam' won Thankar Bachan the best director award for 2007 while Radha Mohan got the prize for for 2008 for Abhiyum Naanum' that explored a father's deep bond for his daughter. The film also fetched Trisha a special award. Technicians, singers, comedians and character actors have also been nominated.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/news/city/chennai/State-film-awards-for-Kamal-Rajni/articleshow/5066353.cms