PDA

View Full Version : IR Darisanam - Info reg IR attending Function

kameshratnam
8th August 2009, 11:49 AM
Tomorrow IR will be Narada Gana Sabha @ 6 pm to release the violin audio cd of ganesh kumaresh

Watch him there

jaiganes
13th August 2009, 02:39 AM
prachanai kelambiduche!!
enna dhaan sonnaaru konjam velakkanum.

crajkumar_be
13th August 2009, 02:43 AM
prachanai kelambiduche!!
enna dhaan sonnaaru konjam velakkanum.
:lol:

kameshratnam
13th August 2009, 08:46 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DfRSiTeJJlA/SoJI2mRjqxI/AAAAAAAAAIU/iwYMBiqNswc/s1600-h/IR+Statement.jpg

rajasaranam
13th August 2009, 10:46 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DfRSiTeJJlA/SoJI2mRjqxI/AAAAAAAAAIU/iwYMBiqNswc/s1600-h/IR+Statement.jpg

Aahaa... Ithu aavarathu illa :D

kameshratnam
13th August 2009, 04:42 PM
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
சீச்சீ! இந்தப் பழம் புளிக்கும்!
யூட்யூபில் ஒரு 'அருமையான' பாடல் காட்சி பார்த்தேன்!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCOzDE3cyrM

நீங்களும் பார்த்து சிரியுங்கள்!

'எல்லாப் புகழும் இறைவனுக்கே' என்று சொல்வதெல்லாம் அபத்தம். இறைவனுக்கு எதற்காக எக்ஸ்ட்ரா புகழ்?' என்று இளையராஜா திருவாய் மலர்ந்து அருளினாராம்!

ரஹ்மானை இடிப்பதாக நினைத்துக்கொண்டு ராஜா இப்படிச் சொல்லியிருப்பது காழ்ப்பின் உச்ச கட்டம். கண்டிக்கத் தக்கது.

ஏ. ஆர். ரஹ்மான் 'எல்லாப் புகழும் இறைவனுக்கே' என்று அடிக்கடி சொல்வது அடக்கத்தின் காரணமாக அல்லவா? இந்து ஆன்மீகவாதிகள் 'ஸர்வம் கிருஷ்ணார்ப்பணம்' என்று சொல்வது போலத்தானே இதுவும்?

பல பூஜை மந்திரங்களின் முடிவில் 'நமஹ: ந மம' என்று சொல்லி முடிப்பதுண்டு. (இறைவா, உன்னை நமஸ்கரிக்கிறேன். ஆனால் இதனால் ஏற்படுகின்ற நல்வினைகள் கூட என்னைச் சார்ந்தவை அல்ல, இறைவனாகிய உன்னையே சார்ந்தவை என்பது பொருள். 'அந்த பூஜை செய்து விட்டேன், இந்த பூஜையை பிரமாதமாக முடித்து விட்டேன் என்று நமக்குள் கர்வம் வந்து விடலாகாது என்பதற்காக!)

தினந்தோறும் செய்யப்பட வேண்டிய சந்தியாவந்தன மந்திரங்களின் முடிவில், 'காயேனவாசா ...' என்றொரு மந்திரம் உண்டு. தியான மந்திரங்கள் சொல்லும்போது எங்கேயோ பராக்கு பார்த்துக்கொண்டோ, அசிரத்தையாகவோ, கொட்டாவி விட்டுக் கொண்டோ, எதையோ நினைத்து மனத்தை அலைபாய விட்டுக் கொண்டோ செய்திருந்தால் அதற்கு மன்னிப்பு கேட்டுக் கொண்டு, 'எல்லாமே உன் காலடியில் தான்' என்று பொருள்படும்படி, "ஸர்வம் ஸ்ரீநாராயணாயேதி சமர்ப்பயாமி' என்று முடிப்பது வழக்கம்.

இந்து தியான முறைகள், வழிபாடெல்லாவற்றிலும் மிகுந்த நம்பிக்கை இருப்பதாக சொல்லிக்கொள்ளும், திருவண்ணாமலையே கதி என்று கிடக்கும் இசை'ஞானி'யா இப்படி நடந்து கொள்வது?

எங்கேயோ பயங்கரமா பொசுங்கற வாசனை வருதில்ல ?!

http://losangelesram.blogspot.com/2009/08/blog-post_12.html

jaiganes
13th August 2009, 05:11 PM
I think raaja took ARR's words - yes - but I dont think so he parodied or sullied it. HE attached a different spiritual connotation far removed from the regular bullshit.
Kaetkum kaadhugaLum pesum vaaigaLum
che indha thamizh nadu media...

vel
13th August 2009, 05:40 PM
jaiganes, my comment there in that adhi medhaavi blog -- yenunganna, los angles'la ukaarndha enna vena sollalaama? That azhagar malai song was picturized in 2008. Yaaraiyo nenaichu paadal ezhudhiyadhaaga udhaar vidaraange? Your facts are totally wrong. Sarvam krishnarpanam'nu sollum bodhu, you lost all 'ownership'..including your fame (or pugazh)..its not yours...so you cant give to Lord what you dont own in the first place...adhai thaan avaru sonnaru.

jaiganes
13th August 2009, 08:35 PM
jaiganes, my comment there in that adhi medhaavi blog -- yenunganna, los angles'la ukaarndha enna vena sollalaama? That azhagar malai song was picturized in 2008. Yaaraiyo nenaichu paadal ezhudhiyadhaaga udhaar vidaraange? Your facts are totally wrong. Sarvam krishnarpanam'nu sollum bodhu, you lost all 'ownership'..including your fame (or pugazh)..its not yours...so you cant give to Lord what you dont own in the first place...adhai thaan avaru sonnaru.

indha maadhiri artham puriyaadha jadangalukku naduve dhaan naama kaalam thalla vendi irukku. enna panradhu?
Avar sabai arinju dhaan pesi irukkaaru aanaal ivangalukku sabayum illai mariyaadhayum illai gnaanamum illai.

irir123
13th August 2009, 08:40 PM
IR as a composer is a genius and as a person, has every right to say what he wants in public - but, AFAIK, his spiritual 'pidhatttrals'-blabberings-ularals are best ignored.

Mannaanngatti lyrics from 'ulagam ippo' - IR has no problems getting inspired by 'anniyans' like Bach, Mozart, Beethoven etc., aanaal avar sondha konaangithhanamaana karuthhu about 'anniyarin selvamellaam, annai mannukku inaiyagumaa ?' absolute nonsense that is completely out-of-place and out of sync with his own approach towards music.

isnt it an irony that a significant part of IR's success in his early years for which he is adored is coz of his use of techniques used by the masters of classical music who were the same 'anniyars' that he claims to look down upon now ?!

avar use pandra studio concept yaen, cinema yengra concept of entertainment itself came from anniyars - avar kodi kodi sambaadhichha kaasellam indha 'anniyan' uruvaakkina cinema media moolamagathann yenbadhai avar marupppaaraa ??

as i said, his philosophical nonsense are best left ignored - he is trapped in a pseudo-spiritual bubble and is getting his priorities hugely mixed up and confused

Plum
13th August 2009, 09:00 PM
amamaam. adikkudhu kuliru, thappu thanda panniduvennu paadinavanga ellaam kAmandhakaarannga.

Screen-la paadarudhukkum personal philosophykkum enya mudichu podareenga?

Andha situation-ku illaiyA andha pAttu? padam paarthuttu sollunga

app_engine
13th August 2009, 09:10 PM
Andha situation-ku illaiyA andha pAttu? padam paarthuttu sollunga

Plum, I think irir123 is referring to the AM song where IR is appearing on screen as IR for a title song (youtube link in another thread).

So,it's not for a different character / situation. "Official policy statement"ungO :-)

I agree with irir123 about the lack-of-logic in dissing pArin sarakku:-)

However, having exposed to his controversies for decades, I'll continue to defocus my attention on IR's "off-music personality"...

Plum
13th August 2009, 09:49 PM
Nonsense. Kadha kelu kooda dhaan title song. ADhukkaga adhu policy stmt aayiduma?

app_engine
13th August 2009, 10:01 PM
Nonsense. Kadha kelu kooda dhaan title song. ADhukkaga adhu policy stmt aayiduma?

IR roomu, kOyil, koLam, notes'nnu his everyday life is shown in the AM song - did you see the video at all? How can you compare that with the kadha kELu kadha kELu? It's like 'pAttAlE budhdhi sonnAr'!

Sureshs65
13th August 2009, 10:03 PM
irir123,

Digressing here. If we try and remove the motive from what he said, why do you think whatever he said, explaining 'Ella Pughazum Iraivanukke', is blabbering? He has a point in what he said. It is question of intent which is bothering people. I do not think what he spoke was blabbering. It makes lot of sense.

'Ulagam Ippo' is a film song and you getting angry on that makes no sense. When you take one line or two lines from a film song and rip it apart it makes sense but if Raja takes a phrase and tries to explain his interpretation it is blabbering? It doesn't make sense to me. If we have the right to interpret a film song and we feel quite smug about our own interpretation, why not give Raja the benefit of doubt for his interpretation? Please don't take offence when I say 'you'. I mean this in a generic sense. There are lot of people offering such interpretations for all actions of Raja. They can speak whatever they want but Raja can't :D

Of all the music directors that I have heard, (if I don't consider SPB as a music director) Raja is the one who makes most sense whenever he speaks. Be it what he spoke when Rahman was felicitated or when Jayakanthan was felicitated or when Vaali was felicitated. He spoke wonderfully about Balu Mahendra in 'Coffee with Anu'. So I cannot agree with you that he blabbers.

Whether a persons spiritual quest succeeds or not is between him / her and the creator. Who are we, who don't even try, to call them as confused people? Maybe _we_ are confused because we want our idols to be 100% white? Because we want them to do no wrong? And we define wrong as what we feel wrong? I guess I will stop now before someone says I have started blabbering :D

Sureshs65
13th August 2009, 10:22 PM
irir123,

I still don't find what is so offensive about 'anniyarin selvamellam, annai manukku enayamo'. This seems to be a clear case of him talking about material wealth and not about artistic wealth. While you rant about this I would ask you to look at this in a different way. He has not gone and settled in US or some other country, like lot of Hindustani music greats did. He doesn't keep going often abroad to give live shows and earn money. He has not sent his children off to some foreign country and asked them to settle there, like lot of 'pachai tamilzhans' have done. Maybe he has the right to say what he says. He is still in Chennai, he is still composing for films of all Indian languages and he probably still feels that whatever India offers to him materially is enough. Maybe he will never go and settle in the US. Maybe that is what he means and there is no reason to take offense to that statement.

Ofcourse I have no clue as to what he exactly meant but I want to say that we can have multiple interpretations to this and everyone is putting their own anger/frustration/jealousy onto this simple statement. So my honest feeling is that so much anger on such a simple statement is probably unwarranted.

app_engine
13th August 2009, 10:46 PM
Suresh65,
The media made a big publicity for the "first time appearance of IR as IR" for that AM song, if you remember. Though that is not correct (nizhalgaL, karakAttakkAran, pudhupudhu arthangaL are some that I can quickly remember where IR appeared as IR in recording theater settings), that is a recent news, may be with a view to marketing AM, friendship with Sangili Murugan etc.

What naturally follows is unavoidable - that of scrutinizing those lines / scenes that supposedly directly connect with IR, the person. And with the long time notion in the web that "IR does not appreciate ARR, jealous of his greater successes" etc (may be wrong, nobody can be sure), it's not unusual to look at this song, his recent thathuvam in some classical CD release program etc.

My gripe is IR can use all such occasions in 100 other ways to enhance the reach of his own music, instead of talking thathuvams / making statements that could be interpreted as sour grapes.

ஒண்ணுமில்ல, அவர் கம்போஸ் பண்ணின அனுபவங்கள் பேசினாலே போதும், ஆனந்தமா எல்லாரும் கேட்டு வாழ்த்தப்போறோம்...எதுக்குய்யா வம்பு'ங்கறோம்...

He did wonderful at the ARR felicitation, possibly some positive people around him at that time. On other occasions, possibly there's a lot of negative talk around, that catches up to him to make some rash statements, IMO. (Remember the Myskin trigger at vAlmeeki release?)

irir123
13th August 2009, 10:48 PM
Sureshs65 - please tell me what is the meaning of "pattiniyum, paamararum, Bharathathhin selvamandro ?!" - 'poverty, and hunger are India's wealth ?!" - if this is not mystic nonsense, then what is it ?

Sanjeevi
13th August 2009, 11:16 PM
irir123

Paamarar - definitely india's wealth
Paamarar = village person

Pattinii= konjam idikkuthu but it is a fact of India

anegan
13th August 2009, 11:42 PM
பட்டினியும் பாமரரும் .... This is how I took it.
இங்கே பட்டினியும் இருக்கும் பாமரரும் இருபார், நானும் இங்கே தான் இருப்பேன் ஏனென்றால் இது என் சொந்த பூமி.

ராஜா இப்போது தான் இப்படி பாடல் பாடி இருக்கிறாரா? "சொர்கமே என்றாலும் அது ..." பாடலையும் நாம் ஆராய வேண்டாமா? சில மீடியாவும் மற்றும் சிலரும் வாய்க்கு அவள் கிடைத்தார் போல மென்று கொண்டே இருக்கிறார்கள்.

என்னை பொறுத்தவரை இளையராஜா எதை செய்தாலும் சரி தான். மேலும் இவர் ARRஐ பகிரங்கமாக தாக்கி இருக்கிறார் என நம்ப முடியவில்லை.

-அநேகன்

app_engine
13th August 2009, 11:58 PM
சில மீடியாவும் மற்றும் சிலரும் வாய்க்கு அவள் கிடைத்தார் போல

அநேகன்,

இரண்டு விஷயங்கள் :

ஒன்று - இங்கே ஹப்'பில் எழுதுவோரின் கவலை இவர் ஏன் அவல் கொடுக்கிறார் என்பது தான் :-(

மற்றொன்று - இங்கு எழுதுவோரில் மிக்கவரும் அவரது நலம் விரும்பிகள் ஐயா, எதிராளிகள் அல்ல :-)

irir123 நடையாய் நடந்து பாஸ்டன் வானொலியிலெல்லாம் ராசா பாட்டு ஒலிக்க வைத்ததை அறிவீரா?

irir123
14th August 2009, 01:07 AM
for all that i care, IR cud be an anarchist, communist, iconoclast or whatever he chooses to be - thats entirely his personal choice - but time and again, he gives an appearance of choosing to be in the limelight for the 'wrong' reason, making all kinds of funny remarks besides deliberately infusing cryptic words with even bizarre meaning into the one song, which purportedly shows him as a person

he may or may not mean what he says, but in the overall context, it all gives an appearence of unprofessionalism - one does not have to be falsely modest/humble, but the least he can do is desist from making silly remarks about other composers words/utterances, particularly when those words have nothing to do with IR himself!

Sureshs65
14th August 2009, 02:52 AM
irir123,

I have always maintained that as far as great artists are concerned, it is very difficult to separate their personality and their art. What I mean is, if Raja is not the Raja we see and hear, he may probably not produce the music that we hear from him. There have been many artists who couldn't be separated from their 'drinks', the greatest writer of them all, Dostoyevsky, found it difficult to overcome his lifelong passion for gambling and I am sure there are many more such instances in the life of different artists. Art and the artist are emotionally entwined and we need to understand this fact. Raja is probably able to give that emotional edge because he is an emotional person. Whereas lot of composers nowadays are media savvy but that emotional edge is missing. Plum has pointed out in another thread as to how even a supposed sad song like 'Anjala' (from VA) has very unemotional backing.

As far as the Azhagar Malai song goes, I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill. I mean you can accuse the lyrics of being pedestrian and moronic but I don't think we can put so much meaning into it. It seems to be a very generic song. BTW, the tune is excellent and I love the way Raja sings it.

(Dig: Just to provide some perspective, it is not as if all MDs in the past have been very humble. There is a real story about Sajjad Hussain, a very talented composer and a contemporary of Naushad, telling Lata, "Naushad Miyan ke gaane samjhe kya. Teak se gao". ("Did you think this is a Naushad's composition. Sing properly!!" ) Sajjad Hussain did not seem to have had great regard for Naushad's compositions!! Sajjad Hussain was a very talented composer, who unfortunately never got to do many films because he got himself into lot of controversies due to his temper. Whether he could have given the same sort of music without his temper is a debatable question.)

Sureshs65
14th August 2009, 02:56 AM
After I posted I searched for the exact words spoken by Sajjad Hussain to Lata. This is what I got, "During a recording, he called out tartly to Lata Mangeshkar struggling at the mike with one of his intricate compositions, "Yeh Naushad miyan ka gaana nahin hai, aap ko mehnat karni padegi."

Meaning: This is not a Naushad's composition. You need to put in effort.

(Source: http://drishtikone.com/?q=blog/sajjad-husain-music-director-whom-even-madan-mohan-copied)

kingvj
19th August 2009, 12:21 PM
irir123,

He spoke wonderfully about Balu Mahendra in 'Coffee with Anu'. So I cannot agree with you that he blabbers.

Did IR participate in Coffee With Anu? Any links for the video? :)

Sureshs65
20th August 2009, 08:58 AM
kingvj,

IR did not participate in 'Coffee with Anu'. In an episode that Balu Mahendra participated in, he came on what is called as the 'On TV segment' as one of the people commenting on Balu Mahendra.

I don't have the link but if you search youtube you should be able to get it. It is towards the end of the episode.

vel
22nd October 2009, 06:26 PM
Sureshs65 - please tell me what is the meaning of "pattiniyum, paamararum, Bharathathhin selvamandro ?!" - 'poverty, and hunger are India's wealth ?!" - if this is not mystic nonsense, then what is it ?

selvam here refers to children....mazhalai selvangal endru solvadhai pola.