PDA

View Full Version : Arya, Bharath, Danush, Jeeva or Simbu

NOV
10th August 2009, 02:20 PM
Now that we are no longer fighting over Sivaji-MGR, Kamal-Rajni, Ajith-Vijay or Surya-Madhavan, things have quietened down a lot.

Now, can we choose among the four above on who offers the best hope?

Vivasaayi
10th August 2009, 02:22 PM
Voted for jeeva.

Raikkonen
10th August 2009, 02:22 PM
chinna talabs.. 8-)

Raghu
10th August 2009, 02:23 PM
In terms of Talents Dhanush is the most versatile one, in terms of looks, no one...

NOV
10th August 2009, 02:24 PM
Simbu

I had one look at Kathal Azhivathillai, and I froze (my eyes moved tho). And then it became worse - he was crude and crass especially to his heroines. I swore I'll never watch any of his films ever.

Many many years later, Manmadhan happened. Many raved about the film. I tried to resist but it was futile. :D
Watched it on TV and said "not bad." :lol:

Then started watching other movies of his and liked some of them - Saravana :think:

Then I watched Vallavan - in the cinema :yessir:

NOV
10th August 2009, 02:26 PM
:oops: that was fast :shock:
intro ozhunga ezhudha kooda time illa - namma hubbers super fast. :lol:

Sanguine Sridhar
10th August 2009, 02:29 PM
Arya?

NOV
10th August 2009, 02:32 PM
Danush

Ivanlaam oru hero - that was my first reaction. Thulluvatho Ilamai was it? :confused2:
Anyway ignored him as well.

After a while started watching. The turning point was Thiruvilaiyadal Aarambam. I dont remember laughing that loud. :rotfl:

As luck would have it, I watched PEAS in the cinema - 1st time in my life I felt like walking out of the cinema.

Then Polladhavan happened. And then Yaaradi Nee Mohini. Was impressed enough to re vist the cinema for Padikathavan. Enjoyed it too.

But on reflection, most of his films have the same theme running thru - he's from poor background, falls in love with rich girl. acts cute and wins the girl.

Anyway, I think he has potential.

NOV
10th August 2009, 02:34 PM
Arya?you wouldn't if you had seen sarvam :argh:

anyway, added. ;)

Shakthiprabha
10th August 2009, 02:36 PM
Jeeva

viraajan
10th August 2009, 02:37 PM
Voted for Dhanush. :redjump: Danush will be the winner :thumbsup:

Jeeva's performance in KT, Ee were really amazing. I would have definitely voted for Jeeva if there were an option to vote for more than one. :lol:

I have not seen Simbu act in any movie except Manmadhan :lol: Manmadhan thavira matra ella padathulaiyume over action thaan.... idhula ovar "Jo" va pAthu "innamum nee marala. kushilerndhu adhE reaction" nu comment vEra. Dialogue applies to him :cool:

viraajan
10th August 2009, 02:38 PM
Arya?you wouldn't if you had seen sarvam :argh:

anyway, added. ;)

Seriously I was happy that he was not included. Include pannitteengala :banghead:

NOV
10th August 2009, 02:41 PM
Bharath

I was impressed with his dancing skills in Boys. More than Sidharth. So much so, in the old TFM Page, I used the nick Bob Galy to play Paatukku Pattu. :lol2:

Then a few other films happened - which didnt impress me much (including the dubbed latchavadhiyE song.)

Watched Chellame (Vishal's first film :roll: ) where he played the negative role. :thumbsup:

And then Emttan Magan happened. :clap: :clap: :clap: What a wonderful performance - reminded me so much of my own youth!

Later I watched Pattiyal where he played a mute. And then watched him in the cinema for the first time - Veyyil.

With similar expectations went for Chennai Kadhal :P and then later Nepali. By which time he had become chinna thalapathy :sigh2:

The final nail was Muniyandi VMA. I went to watch on the strength of Thirumurugan. :wave:

viraajan
10th August 2009, 02:44 PM
I liked Barath in Kadhal, Chellame, Emdan Magan. Veyil'la I was not much impressed, as it did not offer a big scope. His "Pazhani" :rotfl: :x :x

NOV
10th August 2009, 02:44 PM
Voted for jeeva.
Jeeva
mine is the 3rd vote.
but seriously no campaigning this time. :oops2:

viraajan
10th August 2009, 02:47 PM
Voted for jeeva.
Jeeva
mine is the 3rd vote.
but seriously no campaigning this time. :oops2:

I appreciate it. :clap: :lol:

Dhanush, the winner :thumbsup:

NOV
10th August 2009, 02:48 PM
Jeeva

Did watch Aasai Aasaiyai - he was barely out of his childhood then - nothing much to write about. I lost interest and never really followed his career.

First film that impressed me was E. And I watched the film in cinema becos of the director Jananathan. I was taken aback at Jeeva's acting and then started revisiting his earlier films.

Raam was good. Dishyoom was very different. Altho Katradhu Thamizh was pretentious, I enjoyed Jeeva's portrayal.

I even liked his "masala" Rameshwaram.
Havent watched SMS or TVT. But this poy has potential.

Raikkonen
10th August 2009, 02:48 PM
I liked Barath in Kadhal, Chellame, Emdan Magan. Veyil'la I was not much impressed, as it did not offer a big scope. His "Pazhani" :rotfl: :x :x

people discount that because it was from perarasu.. he was really good in that movie too. good dialogue delivery.. like i said before every young hero would love to do a annamalai or thirupachi and pazhani was his answer for that..

don't tell me jeeva (tenavettu) and dhanush (sullan) have never done that sort of movies..

Raikkonen
10th August 2009, 02:51 PM
where is vichu?? :rant:

viraajan
10th August 2009, 02:57 PM
where is vichu?? :rant:

:rotfl: He is busy in CC thread :oops: :yessir:

I did not watch Palani. But watched trailer and some scenes in TV. Over action'nga... adhukku mela enakku onnum solla theriyala :? Then watched Muniyandi, Zoology, 3yr. nijammave over action and was kind of monotonous too :? Don;t know whether to blame the script or the actor. But he was not good in Muniyandi. :x
Then chennai Kadhal utpada sila scenes pAthen... nothing was satisfying :? :oops: :P

Sourav
10th August 2009, 03:07 PM
Dhanush, the winner :thumbsup::bow: matthavanukkellam deposit gaali pannanum... :twisted: :P

SoftSword
10th August 2009, 03:08 PM
Singakutti dhanush....
kaadhal kondein.... pudhupettai.... pollaadhavan...

groucho070
10th August 2009, 03:13 PM
Glad we share the same opinion on Jeeva and E, NOV. After the bitter battle we fought over there, I suppose I would be of little trouble for you here :D

Jeeva is a bit too young to tackle mature roles. But he seemed to be ready to go head on with the big boys.

Still haven't voted. Appuram paarpom.

I have not seen Sarvam, but whatever films of his I saw, I was impressed.

Sarna
10th August 2009, 03:16 PM
Dhanush, the winner :thumbsup::bow: matthavanukkellam deposit gaali pannanum... :twisted: :P

:yes: namma power'a kaattanum 8-)

ArulprakasH
10th August 2009, 03:19 PM
I think I'll prefer Jeeva or Dhanush.. paarppOm... :P

AudazJay
10th August 2009, 03:26 PM
Voted for Jeeva. I was really impressed with him in Raam. Then came Disyum, E and Kattradhu Tamizh :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thennavathu, Pori and SMS was disappointing though :sigh2: Wish he would stop trying to be another vijay and come back to do more meaningful roles.

Dhanush was sore in the eyes when he first came. I was dying to know how Aishwarya fell for him :idontgetit:

But he definitely has come a long way from his Thullavotho Illamai and Sullan days. Pollathavan was terrific and Padikathavan was :cool2:

bUt yeah, he should quit doing monotonous roles...kinda irritating after some time!

crajkumar_be
10th August 2009, 03:27 PM
Between Thanus and Elani paya Bharath. Voted for Bharath

Raikkonen
10th August 2009, 03:28 PM
Between Thanus and Elani paya Bharath. Voted for Bharath

:cool2:

AudazJay
10th August 2009, 03:30 PM
I have not seen Sarvam, but whatever films of his I saw, I was impressed.

Don't judge a book by its cover. Athe mathiri, oru padathe trailer veche judge panadinge! The movie's a waste of money and time :banghead:

groucho070
10th August 2009, 03:32 PM
Yeah, general consensus seemed to be that the film sucked. But did Arya perform poorly in it?

Raikkonen
10th August 2009, 03:35 PM
arya and simpu 0 votes.. normal distribution mathiri symmetrical-la irukku poll design..

ArulprakasH
10th August 2009, 03:39 PM
Simbukku yaaravathu aatharavu karam neettaraingala... :huh:

Sarna
10th August 2009, 03:48 PM

please :)

Sourav
10th August 2009, 03:53 PM
Simbukku yaaravathu aatharavu karam neettaraingala... :huh:avare id create pannitu vantha than undu..... :lol2:
sarna, dhanush-ku innum neraya votes irukku...nerd machi ellam evng vanthuruvaru.... :P

ArulprakasH
10th August 2009, 03:57 PM

:oops:

Sarna
10th August 2009, 03:58 PM
ok ok.... but we should win by miles a ahead 8-)

HR'um namma katchidhaan :D

Sarna
10th August 2009, 04:00 PM

:oops:

appadiyE RamaKrishna'vayum vandhu vote pOda sollunga :D he is also Dhanush fan 8-)

hubber Maddy :? I guess he hates dhanush :roll:

hamid
10th August 2009, 04:04 PM
I dont hate anyone except Simbhu.. He too has talent, His dancing is gr8...but vaai chavadaalalayum, punch lines-un erichal thaan minjuthu.

Arya.. impressive in AA and Ullam Ketkume(:thumbsup: ) but, didnt impress much after ( I didnt see NK yet)

Bharath : Kathal, emtan makan, even veyil.. good performances.. strong contender.. aana ennaikku perarasukitta ponaanoo annaikke chapter closed maathiri oru feeling..

Jeeva- Good im Ram, KT and seems gels wel with any character he plays.. if the script is good he seem to do well..

Dhanush : ivanellam oru actor- was the first impression.. Kathal konden was great.. I didnt expect such performance from him..offlate seems enjoying his films. nice entertainer.. and has good talent..

out of the lot I think I'd prefer Dhanush :) may change bsed on discussions..
will keep my vote till last minute( aana NOV threada athukulla close panniduvaare.. :sigh2: )

P_R
10th August 2009, 04:04 PM
This one is much easier. Dhanush it is.

Sarna
10th August 2009, 04:08 PM

:redjump: :happydance: :bluejump: :victory: vaanga annaaththa :redjump: :happydance: :bluejump: :victory:

viraajan
10th August 2009, 04:14 PM
Dhanush 11 votes :thumbsup: :smokesmirk: :victory:
Jeeva runner-up :cool2:

Sarna
10th August 2009, 04:15 PM
PR, appadiyE oru pakka essay on Dhanush :P

MADDY
10th August 2009, 04:25 PM

so u do accept that the prematurelry-truncated surya/maddy poll was a difficult choice :poke:

hmmm, bharath aND dhanush for me.......mite vote for bharath ultimately but boy dhanush has made me eat my words so many times.... :)

Anban
10th August 2009, 04:34 PM
oh no... this is a very difficult Q..

taking acting alone into consideration,
barath, jeeva, danush are almost the same..

arya tries but is not as gud as the others..

SImbu overdoes it..

based on the roles chosen thus far and the quality of the movies they have acted in,
Jeeva gets my vote by a very sumall margin..

chinna thalapathy and padikkaathavan made the difference..

based on overall talent.. its a no contest.. SImbu wins by a mile.. but he has to learn to adakkify a bit in his movies..

Anban
10th August 2009, 04:36 PM
Simbukku yaaravathu aatharavu karam neettaraingala... :huh: naan neetta thayaar thaan.. but jeeva/barath/danush are slightly better actors IMHO

hamid
10th August 2009, 04:40 PM

SImbu overdoes it..

based on the roles chosen thus far and the quality of the movies they have acted in,

based on overall talent.. its a no contest.. SImbu wins by a mile.. but he has to learn to adakkify a bit in his movies..

not only in movies :D

Anban
10th August 2009, 04:41 PM

SImbu overdoes it..

not only in movies :D atha pathi enakku kavalai illa..

jaiganes
10th August 2009, 04:59 PM
indha pollla NOV yaara support panraar?

Sourav
10th August 2009, 05:03 PM
he voted 4 jeeva.
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1870641#1870641

complicateur
10th August 2009, 05:25 PM
Dhanush +1. Landslide victory pOla. It will be interesting to see if a total of 80 votes show up in this thread.

Sanguine Sridhar
10th August 2009, 05:30 PM
Simbhu is a big nuisance! :roll:

To me Dhanush, Arya, Jeeva, Bharath in the same order!

Bharath should cut the masala crap, he looks so wretched! :oops:

Arya is superb. 8-) Especially in NK, OramPo, Pattiyal, AA.

Jeeva is a good actor but still I guess he needs some more movies to prove his talent. Ram-ellam romba bore. KT is the best!

Dhanush stands tall among the rest, best in comedy, action and acting. :clap: :clap:

crajkumar_be
10th August 2009, 05:31 PM
Plum-ai kaanume...

And Eq,Thilagar vote yaarukku?

directhit
10th August 2009, 05:38 PM
It will be interesting to see if a total of 80 votes show up in this thread. :P

Raikkonen
10th August 2009, 05:39 PM
what a padutolvi... :cry:

chinna talapathy-ku oru naal beach-la statue veippanga.. athu opening function nadakirappa inga vanthu :rotfl3: icon podaren paarunga...

hamid
10th August 2009, 05:44 PM
hmm.. ithu thamizaka idaitheerthal maathiri one-sideda aakiduche..

vote pottachu :cool:

Vivasaayi
10th August 2009, 05:58 PM
But dhanush is acting same role again and again nu thonala?

tharuthala payyan loving a good girl,not listening to parents etc

littlemaster1982
10th August 2009, 05:58 PM
Voted for Dhanush 8-)

Sanguine Sridhar
10th August 2009, 06:03 PM

Ya he is doing that, but still it is not boring.

NOV
10th August 2009, 06:28 PM
After the bitter battle we fought over there, I suppose I would be of little trouble for you here.Bitter? Battle?
Should I be expecting a legal notice? :think:

Yeah, general consensus seemed to be that the film sucked. But did Arya perform poorly in it?"poorly" is being kind.
Afer NK, it was a disaster.

p/s: Jai, you may vote for him. 8-)

Dhanush +1. Landslide victory pOla. It will be interesting to see if a total of 80 votes show up in this thread.Oh yes!
But something tells me that even reaching half of that would be difficult. ;)

tharuthala payyan loving a good girl,not listening to parents etcYa he is doing that, but still it is not boring.yeah, but does that make him the best among the four?

NOV
10th August 2009, 06:32 PM
will keep my vote till last minute( aana NOV threada athukulla close panniduvaare..

so u do accept that the prematurelry-truncated surya/maddy poll ....

Why no PMs? I dont have any issue in re-opening if all of you desire.
In fact I received PMs thanking for locking :confused2:

Mahen
10th August 2009, 07:04 PM
Why karthi is not included? :roll: He beats the rest easily...

Nerd
10th August 2009, 07:18 PM
Voted for Bharath.

Yeh inimEl firsht day-E vOtta pOtturanum illainA ishtathukku lock pannuvaanga, namma vOtturimai pOyirum. Thamizh nAttu election maadhiri dhaan. 3 maNikku mEla polling booth pOna kaNdippA vote irukkAdhu :lol2:

villan007
10th August 2009, 07:21 PM
Danus :cool:

jaiganes
10th August 2009, 07:23 PM
will keep my vote till last minute( aana NOV threada athukulla close panniduvaare..

so u do accept that the prematurelry-truncated surya/maddy poll ....

Why no PMs? I dont have any issue in re-opening if all of you desire.
In fact I received PMs thanking for locking :confused2:

Adhenna kozhaithanamaa PMs. Idho dhairiyama, bublicla kekarom, reopen the poll, venkatesa kalyana mandabathula naan padhukki vecha hubbersai unleash panren ;-)

littlemaster1982
10th August 2009, 07:25 PM
Voted for Bharath.

I thought you would vote for Dhanush :o Netthu Kaadhal partha effect-a :P

jaiganes
10th August 2009, 07:27 PM
I voted for Bharath.
Simbil reason why he beats dhanus black and blue is his ability to emote the way he did in Emtan magan , Kadhal and Veyyil. Dhanush came up a cropper in a crucial scene opposite Karunas in the dud Dhevadhayai kanden - Ponnambalam police inspector beating the crap out of Dhanush scene.
On a side note - we should have a Karunas Vs Surya (who is more talented) and Karunas Vs Dhanus (who is more talented) - KArunas would be my choice for his effortless comedy and the amazing pathos - he showed in the above scene I have mentioned + his singing ability too- awesome Gana singer!!

crajkumar_be
10th August 2009, 07:28 PM
Raikks,
Naame second place varra vaiippu irukku!

Nerd
10th August 2009, 07:31 PM
Simbukku yaaravathu aatharavu karam neettaraingala... :huh:avare id create pannitu vantha than undu..... :lol2:
sarna, dhanush-ku innum neraya votes irukku...nerd machi ellam evng vanthuruvaru.... :P
Sorry to have disappointed you and LM. Since dhanus Annan is winning, I voted for Bharath thambi. Jeeva ellAm #2 varalaamaa :rotfl:

And as I said earlier, kAdhal ellAm thani range.

P_R
10th August 2009, 07:32 PM
Dhanush came up a cropper in a crucial scene opposite Karunas in the dud Dhevadhayai kanden - Ponnambalam police inspector beating the crap out of Dhanush scene.
I thought he did quite well in that scene.
The facial expressions in the court scene is one of the reasons I voted for Dhanush.

btw Karunas enna pathos ?

Raikkonen
10th August 2009, 07:36 PM
Raikks,
Naame second place varra vaiippu irukku!

:yes: 8-)

ramesh thambi nu terinjum jeeva-ku epdi 7 per vote pottanga??

littlemaster1982
10th August 2009, 07:37 PM
ramesh thambi nu terinjum jeeva-ku epdi 7 per vote pottanga??

:rotfl: :rotfl:

jaiganes
10th August 2009, 07:42 PM
Dhanush came up a cropper in a crucial scene opposite Karunas in the dud Dhevadhayai kanden - Ponnambalam police inspector beating the crap out of Dhanush scene.
I thought he did quite well in that scene.
The facial expressions in the court scene is one of the reasons I voted for Dhanush.

btw Karunas enna pathos ?

go to the scene before the court scene.
where he pleads with ponnambalam not to beat dhanus. Simply awesome emotions - very raw and very fluent.
BTW I am disappointed with NOV locking the other thread. I simply wanted to reiterate the fact that the much hyped heroes are nowhere near in terms of 'expression' when compared to a talented, yet underutilised/abused actor like Karunas. We can have that debate and then see if these over hyped stars can be compared with more profecient actors.

P_R
10th August 2009, 07:43 PM
Why karthi is not included? :roll: He beats the rest easily...

AO varattum :lol2:

P_R
10th August 2009, 07:59 PM

so u do accept that the prematurelry-truncated surya/maddy poll was a difficult choice :poke:

idhai thaan naan 3 naaL munnAdiyA sollittEnE. ippo ennamO pudhusA solra maadhiri kEkkureenga. When some serious thought is invested Surya comes ahead because of certain limitations Madhavan has. avvaLavu dhaan.

OTOH Dhanush is an easy pick here.

Nerd
10th August 2009, 08:02 PM
Adhu eppadi andha thread-la suryavukkum indha thread-la Jeevavukkum takku takku-nu rendu vote :lol2:

Vote pOttavunga(?) velila sonnA nallA irukkum.

VinodKumar's
10th August 2009, 08:08 PM
Adhu eppadi andha thread-la suryavukkum indha thread-la Jeevavukkum takku takku-nu rendu vote :lol2:

naan thaangna konja nerathukku munnadi jeeva kku vote pottaen ...

Nerd
10th August 2009, 08:11 PM
Ungala maadhiri ellArum nErmaiyA irunthA nallA irukkum :)

Raikkonen
10th August 2009, 08:14 PM

:clap:

oru vote inga irukku... innoru vote enga?

VinodKumar's
10th August 2009, 08:16 PM

innoru vote kandippa naan poturukka mudiyathu :shock: ... yena vera oru edathula kalla vote poda mudiyumanu pathaen :huh: mudila ... hub romba strictu strictu strictu ...

Raikkonen
10th August 2009, 08:18 PM

innoru vote kandippa naan poturukka mudiyathu :shock: ... yena vera oru edathula kalla vote poda mudiyumanu pathaen :huh: mudila ... hub romba strictu strictu strictu ...

:lol: aniyayathukku appuraniya irukeengale..

kid-glove
10th August 2009, 08:20 PM
Jeeva

VinodKumar's
10th August 2009, 08:21 PM

utta ambinu solliruvinga pola :banghead: ...

VinodKumar's
10th August 2009, 08:22 PM

Mod kku oru PM podalamnu irrukaen --- what is the procedure to cast kalla vote ??? :lol:

Shakthiprabha
10th August 2009, 08:47 PM
yaaravathu silamabarasanukku oru vote-aanum podunga. pavam :(

VinodKumar's
10th August 2009, 08:59 PM

first yaru first varangangarathu mukkiyam illa last ah yaru first varangarathu thaan matter ... varuvaru vallavaru :rotfl3:

app_engine
10th August 2009, 09:00 PM

ஏன் போடக்கூடாதுன்னு இவ்வளவு உட்கருத்தா (அப-ரசன்'னு) சொல்லுறீங்களே, அப்புறம் யாரு போடப்போறாங்க?

Plum
10th August 2009, 09:58 PM
i am well qualified to say this as I am not going to vote in this - even Gounder cannot repartee on this - "idhellAm oru thErthal"!

HonestRaj
10th August 2009, 10:08 PM
Vote pannittu than parthaen....

Dhanush 18 votes :smokesmirk:

Last weekend saw this scene in YNM

The scene afte Karunas calls Nayan to say that Dhanush is in love with her (only :rotfl: scene by Karunas in his entire career so far)

Dhanush's simple expressions & after that Nayan says about the onsite oppourtunity :cool2: scenes

Nerd
10th August 2009, 10:12 PM
Karunas was superb in the tittal park scene, "nee kELEn", "Harry potter also same problem" and many more. Santhanam = Karunas IMO.

P_R
10th August 2009, 10:14 PM
(only :rotfl: scene by Karunas in his entire career so far) :yes: :lol:

app_engine
10th August 2009, 10:16 PM
digression-

(only :rotfl: scene by Karunas in his entire career so far)

I remember seeing another in a Bala movie where he loots the home of a judge...

HonestRaj
10th August 2009, 10:17 PM
Karunas was superb in the tittal park scene, "nee kELEn", "Harry potter also same problem" and many more. Santhanam = Karunas IMO.

"Nee kelen" marandhutten.... but mostly not good for me :P

HonestRaj
10th August 2009, 10:18 PM

:yes:

Nan avatar pOttaen.... poll start panniteenga... 8-)

HonestRaj
10th August 2009, 10:24 PM
YNM:

Onsite:

P1 (Aussie) : I see you guys are doing a wonderful job (similar to this)

Danush: enakku enga ooru englisheh puriyadhu.. idhula ivan vera

:rotfl3: :rotfl3:

--------------

he may have some PEAS / Sullan in his career...... to quote from Rajini's Thee... "long race'la Oda pOra kudhirai idhuthan.... idhu mEla nan panam katturaen"

:yes:

jaiganes
10th August 2009, 11:03 PM

but karunas sad scenes la pinniruvaapla.

HonestRaj
10th August 2009, 11:04 PM

comedian'ukku edhukku sad scenu :roll:

jaiganes
10th August 2009, 11:06 PM

comedian'ukku edhukku sad scenu :roll:

dhanushellaam action panna solla karunas sad scene pannakoodaadha?

crajkumar_be
10th August 2009, 11:20 PM
Akramaa! Karunas >>>>> Santhanam

jaiganes
10th August 2009, 11:29 PM
Akramaa! Karunas >>>>> Santhanam

paravaa illai.
nyaayam innum saagalai..

P_R
10th August 2009, 11:54 PM
Akramaa! Karunas >>>>> Santhanam :?
karunas..light smile some times. mokkai most often.
Laugh rarely ever. YNM phone booth is the only one I recall.

Santhanam is also predominantly mokkai. But surely more laughs than Karunas. Nakkal is primary source of humour for me. Something karunas doesn't get at all and Santhanam does pretty well. Particularly the Santhanam + Manohar combination in Lollu Sabha is among the funniest in TV.

Digression about manohar. He repeats the andha yEzhu naatkal climax punchline. So he gets into quasi-Malayalam without notice. The way he says the word பட்சே is :rotfl: :rotfl:

crajkumar_be
11th August 2009, 12:04 AM

Villain, VR MBBS(!), Tittal Park, Attagasam(?), ABCD (bus la oru gundu payyana thitra scene indha padam dhaan nu nenaikkaren), Polladhavan, Kurudhippunal getup cutting scene,etc.. and Jaiganes sonna madhiri nadippum varum (like VV)...

Santhanam is also predominantly mokkai. But surely more laughs than Karunas. Nakkal is primary source of humour for me. Something karunas doesn't get at all and Santhanam does pretty well. Particularly the Santhanam + Manohar combination in Lollu Sabha is among the funniest in TV.

Yeah i understand thats the difference - Ungalukku GM enakku VV.
Lollu Sabha la Jeeva episodes paathirukkeengala? Ultimate.. His mimicry is terrific too, especially when he does Rajini.. Perfect

Digression about manohar. He repeats the andha yEzhu naatkal climax punchline. So he gets into quasi-Malayalam without notice. The way he says the word பட்சே is :rotfl: :rotfl:
Transliteration please :lol:

jaiganes
11th August 2009, 12:07 AM

Santhanam is a standup comedian type - but as a film comedian and more importantly as an actor - KArunas is miles, light years, parsecs , Astronomical units ahead of santhaanam. I have already put my neck in the line and said he is more spontaneous and natural actor when compared to even say a Surya (sivakumar's first born son and more recently gundu muzhi jyothika's husbend)

crajkumar_be
11th August 2009, 12:10 AM
Jaiganes,
Stand-up comedy ellam panna mudiyadhu nu nenaikkaren. He has ONLY nakkal.
Template:
Manmadhan ragging:
"Edhavadhu senju kaattu", "Biriyani" etc etc... i mean that was funny for me but gets tedious after a while..

Nerd
11th August 2009, 12:14 AM
i mean that was funny for me but gets tedious after a while..
Exactly. Reasons - absoleetly no espressions. Deadpan face. Adhula dhAn anjAsingam scores over him or anybody for that matter :P

P_R
11th August 2009, 12:19 AM
Villain, VR MBBS(!), Tittal Park, Attagasam(?), ABCD (bus la oru gundu payyana thitra scene indha padam dhaan nu nenaikkaren), Polladhavan, Kurudhippunal getup cutting scene,etc.. and Jaiganes sonna madhiri nadippum varum (like VV)...
ABCD illai Bala starring the same Shaam.

Anyway sake hands here.

Lollu Sabha la Jeeva episodes paathirukkeengala? Ultimate.. His mimicry is terrific too, especially when he does Rajini.. Perfect Oh yeah :lol:

Transliteration please :lol:[/quote]
Nothing to transliterate. Not on youtube yet. vandhadhum post paNrEn. In an otherwise incredibly mokkai scene starring the incorrigibly unfunny Arthi , he creates a laugh with the same line without adding anything at all to it. Quite a natural

jaiganes
11th August 2009, 12:19 AM
i mean that was funny for me but gets tedious after a while..
Exactly. Reasons - absoleetly no espressions. Deadpan face. Adhula dhAn anjAsingam scores over him or anybody for that matter :P

Goundamani can express same emotion (frustration in the hands of sendhil) in many different styles
sometimes from a subtle defeated 'veyyilla vendha ' expression with a 'shhabba' to 'onnu indhaa irukku' . Adhu range. Andha maadhiri range santhanathukku irukkaradhukkaana Ari Kuri kiri edhuvum sabhai gavanathukku innum varalainnu therivichukaren.

crajkumar_be
11th August 2009, 12:22 AM
Goundamani can express same emotion (frustration in the hands of sendhil) in many different styles
sometimes from a subtle defeated 'veyyilla vendha ' expression with a 'shhabba' to 'onnu indhaa irukku' . Adhu range.
Two of my favorites:
"Enda sollala" in Ramayya vasthavayya
and that "Annan 200 roobai moi seivaar"
Ultimate!

P_R
11th August 2009, 12:25 AM
Comparing him - or IMO anyone- to GM is grossly unfair.

I think we zerod it down. He has a limited range. Some are bored easily but some tend to like it.

Karuna often makes huge efforts and still doens't get a laugh. Sometimes I feel the lines are funny but he is not. Like this one from ThirudA thirudi:

"indha hamAm soap viLambarathula varra maadhiri nalla ammAkkaLE kidayAdhA dA"

And when they are no strong lines, God help him.

P_R
11th August 2009, 12:26 AM

appolErndhu noNNEn noNNEn 'ngiryE :rotfl:

crajkumar_be
11th August 2009, 12:29 AM

Coming Soon - Puyal vs GM
(Engalukku (?) Deposit gaali :shaking: Thevar Magan la room pottu thanni oothi kuduthu kayyezhuthu vaangura madhiri edhavadhu senja thaan undu )

Karuna often makes huge efforts and still doens't get a laugh.

Sometimes I feel the lines are funny but he is not. Like this one from
I think its often quite the opposite:
I mean thats how he's like VV....

crajkumar_be
11th August 2009, 12:35 AM

appolErndhu noNNEn noNNEn 'ngiryE :rotfl:
The way he holds his ears usually after getting beaten up :rotfl2:

vasanth2006
11th August 2009, 12:39 AM

Exactly....I feel Dhanush has become monotonous...

I voted for Jeeva.... :)

ArulprakasH
11th August 2009, 12:55 AM
Simbukku yaaravathu aatharavu karam neettaraingala... :huh: naan neetta thayaar thaan.. but jeeva/barath/danush are slightly better actors IMHO

same here.. except Bharath.. :)

AudazJay
11th August 2009, 06:19 AM
Yeah, general consensus seemed to be that the film sucked. But did Arya perform poorly in it?

He perform poorly in most of the films. Sarvam in particular, had me :fatigue: in the first few minutes itself.

And what a voice he has, man! :frightened: He might want to consider going for vocal chord operation like that Himesh guy :rotfl3:

AudazJay
11th August 2009, 06:45 AM

Santhanam is a standup comedian type - but as a film comedian and more importantly as an actor - KArunas is miles, light years, parsecs , Astronomical units ahead of santhaanam. I have already put my neck in the line and said he is more spontaneous and natural actor when compared to even say a Surya (sivakumar's first born son and more recently gundu muzhi jyothika's husbend)

Karunas is funny at times...i thought the phone booth scene is YNM and "nee sollu" in Pollathavan was absolutely rocking!

Santhanam is okay too but hardly funny...just watched Vaamanan, the cooking scene with Oorvasi and Santhanam was mind-blowingly funny, :2thumbsup: thanks mainly to Oorvasi's priceless expressions....ithu fotato, ithu innoru fotato :rotfl3:

But given a choice, I think Kanja Karuppu is way funnier than these two guys. :clap: :clap:

NOV
11th August 2009, 06:48 AM
Hmmm... so, its not a landslide victory for Danush. :)
CC guys, enna aachu? :lol:

groucho070
11th August 2009, 07:11 AM
ramesh thambi nu terinjum jeeva-ku epdi 7 per vote pottanga?? :lol: Aadapavigala...veetula oruthar sariyillanaa kudumbamee sariyillaiyaa? :lol:

Coming Soon - Puyal vs GM
(Engalukku (?) Deposit gaali :shaking: Thevar Magan la room pottu thanni oothi kuduthu kayyezhuthu vaangura madhiri edhavadhu senja thaan undu ) :lol: Muyarchi panni paarungga. Who knows. SP will help you. :twisted:

Still haven't voted. My take on the candidates briefly.

Arya: Strong presence. Good in humour. Still need to prove.
Bharath: Great start. Stuck in masala-land. Still need to prove.
Dhanush: Very very entertaining actor. He can bring something extra to the table - exactly the kind actor whom I am interested.
Jeeva: Very impressed. Like Dhanush, he brings something more. Easy sense of humour (E, Dishyum), but he need to impress in Masala films.
Simbhu: Can't decide if he wants to be Rajini, Kamal or his dad. Not interested in him.

Right now, strong fight between Dhanush and Jeeva. Paarpom.

Sourav
11th August 2009, 07:47 AM
ramesh thambi nu terinjum jeeva-ku epdi 7 per vote pottanga?? :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Sorry to have disappointed you and LM. Since dhanus Annan is winning, I voted for Bharath thambi. Jeeva ellAm #2 varalaamaa :rotfl:
.no prob nerd... :)

Hmmm... so, its not a landslide victory for Danush. :)
CC guys, enna aachu? :lol: hmmmm.... 18/12 now...45% of votes totally... we wil make it 50+....i think thats a hugeee victory against 4 competitors. :P

NOV
11th August 2009, 07:59 AM
landslide'nu la pEsittirundheenga :lol2:
anyway enakku danushum pidikkum.

AudazJay
11th August 2009, 07:59 AM

:sigh2: hmmm...yen jeeva mel ippedi oru verupe?

Raikkonen
11th August 2009, 08:06 AM
7 votes.. :cheer:

champu kannukku oru vote-um vilalaya.. :lol: :(

Sourav
11th August 2009, 08:11 AM

:sigh2: hmmm...yen jeeva mel ippedi oru verupe?me? :? nope... i like him too. Dhanush>Bharath>Jeeva>Simbhu>Arya.

Sourav
11th August 2009, 08:14 AM

champu kannukku oru vote-um vilalaya.. :lol: :(namma hub-la prashanth-ku oru fan irukkaru, b.b murali-ku oru fan irukkanga....simbhu-ku illaya.,...so sad... :cry: :lol:

Raikkonen
11th August 2009, 08:17 AM

champu kannukku oru vote-um vilalaya.. :lol: :(namma hub-la prashanth-ku oru fan irukkaru, b.b murali-ku oru fan irukkanga....simbhu-ku illaya.,...so sad... :cry: :lol:

simbhu t rajender nu name change panni parungalen.. vote epdi vanthu kuviyuthunnu

AudazJay
11th August 2009, 08:20 AM

Aiyo pavam...avannuku bathila avannodu appa peyera poturekelam...Vote kadike chance irukum :happydance:

AudazJay
11th August 2009, 08:23 AM
TR-na, naane vote pani irupen :victory:

Shakthiprabha
11th August 2009, 10:58 AM
Che pavam silamabarasan. oru vote koodava kidaikalai :? Gaayu iruntha potrupaanga :)
pona poguthunnu yaaravathu kaLLa id la vanthaanum orE oru vote potrunga.

Balaspike
11th August 2009, 11:35 AM
nice to see thalaganam pudhichavanukku "0" votes :poke:

Rocky89
11th August 2009, 11:57 AM

Yes, Bharath is very overrated :angry2:

and yeah I've voted for Simbhu coz he deserve atleast one vote.. :)

AudazJay
11th August 2009, 12:10 PM

:omg:

Balaspike
11th August 2009, 12:59 PM

Yes, Bharath is very overrated :angry2:

neenga romba periya thiyagi :cry2:

AudazJay
11th August 2009, 03:32 PM
There's another vote for Simbhu??? :banghead:
Yaarupa innoru thiyagi? :confused2:

Sarna
11th August 2009, 07:13 PM
But given a choice, I think Kanja Karuppu is way funnier than these two guys. :clap: :clap:

:yes: Ram, paruthiveeran and few more

Karunas is also a very good comedian as well as actor..... Nandha, villan, attagaasam, VRMBBS, thirudai thirudi, Pollaadhavan, YNM, DhEvadhayai kandEN etc

Santhaanam - waste

HonestRaj
11th August 2009, 07:39 PM
// dig

was reading discussion of "Santhanam vs Karunas"

simple'ah sollanumna ...nan PR katchi...

CR solra madhiri... GM background'la irundhu varradhala .. santhanam is much better than for Karunas

I think we zerod it down. He has a limited range. Some are bored easily but some tend to like it.

Karuna often makes huge efforts and still doens't get a laugh.

:exactly: for all the points

// end

Sourav
11th August 2009, 08:33 PM
Danush 46% [ 21 ] :victory: :clap:
Jeeva 26% [ 12 ]
Bharath 15% [ 7 ]
Arya 6% [ 3 ]
Simbu 4% [ 2 ]

Sarna
11th August 2009, 08:34 PM
naan innum vote pOdala 8-)

Sourav
11th August 2009, 08:48 PM
naan innum vote pOdala 8-)yen? nalla neram innum varalaya. seekiram podunga sarna,.. :P

VinodKumar's
11th August 2009, 09:19 PM
jeeva :2thumbsup:

vithagan
11th August 2009, 09:41 PM
Voted for Dhanush :2thumbsup:

Sourav
12th August 2009, 07:05 AM