PDA

View Full Version : Who'll be the #1 MD in TFM in the coming years?

app_engine
12th August 2009, 10:09 PM
எல்லாப்பக்கமும் ஒரே தேர்தல் மயமா இருக்கு, ஆனா இங்க மட்டும் சுரத்தில்லையே?

சரி, இப்படி ஒண்ணு தொடங்கிப்பாக்கலாம்.

ரஹ்மான் உலக அளவில் (குறைந்த பட்சம் தேசிய அளவில்) முனைப்பதால், தமிழில் முழுநேர உழைப்பு இல்லை. சில வருடங்களாகவே இப்படித்தான் நிலைமை.

ஹாரிஸ் பல வெற்றிகளை அடைந்தாலும் எண்ணிக்கை மற்றும் வித-விதத்தில் எப்படி வருவார் எனக்கணிக்க முடியவில்லை.

யுவன் சொந்த வாழ்க்கைத்தொந்தரவுகளால் நொந்திருப்பது போல் 2009 வெளியீடுகள் பார்க்கும் போது தோன்றுகிறது.

இடையில் விஜய் ஆன்டனி, ஜேம்ஸ் வசந்தன் என்போரின் வெற்றியும் குறிப்பிடத்தக்கன.

ஆமாம், வித்யா சாகர் எங்கே போனார்? அவ்வளவு தானா?

பிரகாசின் எதிர்காலம் பிரகாசம் போலத்தோன்றுகிறது.

ஹப்பர்கள் என்ன சொல்றாங்க பாக்கலாம்...

viraajan
12th August 2009, 10:20 PM
Nice Thread! Yuvan! :thumbsup:

Raikkonen
12th August 2009, 10:23 PM
தேவிஸ்ரீ பிரசாத்

Sourav
12th August 2009, 10:28 PM
u1.

vasanth2006
12th August 2009, 11:37 PM
The "Genius" Yuvan.... :)

Kumarappa
12th August 2009, 11:41 PM
My vote goes to Yuvan Shankar Raja! 8-) :notworthy:

app_engine
12th August 2009, 11:58 PM
While all of you have voted for YSR, the forthcoming projects don't seem to support the claim...

AO and similar new wave director movies - no YSR
All Rajini / Kamal / Surya / Ajith / Vijay movies - no YSR

Actually what are his forthcoming big projects? Seems to be none. With Sarvam bombed, that director may play low for a while.

So, IMO, HJ could get stronger...

vasanth2006
13th August 2009, 12:13 AM
While all of you have voted for YSR, the forthcoming projects don't seem to support the claim...

AO and similar new wave director movies - no YSR
All Rajini / Kamal / Surya / Ajith / Vijay movies - no YSR

Actually what are his forthcoming big projects? Seems to be none. With Sarvam bombed, that director may play low for a while.

So, IMO, HJ could get stronger...

Relatively Big movies:

Goa( VP movie)
Yogi (Ameer movie)
Paiyya ( Lingusamy movie - Karthi is hero)
Thillalangadi ( Jayam Ravi and Raja remake)
Untitled Susindran film ( Vennila Kabadi kuzhu director's movie)
Theeradha Vilaiyattu Pillai( Vishal's movie)
Valiban (Simbhu's Direction)

Other small movies

Aaranya Kaandam
Kadhal 2 Kalyanam
Baana
Surangani
Naanum En Sandhyavum
Cheri(Priya.V Movie)
Maa
Pesu

On the other hand HJ has only one movie Adhavan...

app_engine
13th August 2009, 12:20 AM
hmmm..interesting list vasanth2006:-)

I thought the songs were good in VKK ('lEsAppaRakkudhu' is very good). Who was the MD and why should the director break that winning partnership? :?

vasanth2006
13th August 2009, 12:25 AM
hmmm..interesting list vasanth2006:-)

I thought the songs were good in VKK ('lEsAppaRakkudhu' is very good). Who was the MD and why should the director break that winning partnership? :?

VKK Music is by V.Selva ganesh....

Basically Yuvan is working with many young directors...It seems He doesn't bother about the star cast.....

Nerd
13th August 2009, 02:21 AM
I *wish* it's yuvan. Easily the most talented in the list. But onlly HJ/VAntony songs become hits. Yuvan's last hit was sarojA/silambAttam? But vaaraNam aayiram was a bigger hit.

crajkumar_be
13th August 2009, 02:26 AM
I don't understand why Rahman is not included in the poll. Nembar 1 ku full time ellam avaru irukkanuma? :)

Excluding Rahman, Yuvan :thumbsup: (Thats my wish but ippo Kaaris dhaan kodi katti parakkaraaru pola)

Wibha
13th August 2009, 02:27 AM
I don't understand why Rahman is not included in the poll. Nembar 1 ku full time ellam avaru irukkanuma? :)

:exactly:

Nerd
13th August 2009, 02:49 AM
Rahman: I yaam wEld toor :)

Wibha
13th August 2009, 02:53 AM
Rahman: I yaam wEld toor :)

:lol: :D

Still with just one tamil album he'll be the best for the year :) (hopefully the movie is not crap :x)

dochu
13th August 2009, 05:53 AM
In the current scenario where a new MD is propping up for each tom and dick movie, it is really going to be hard to lead. Period during IR where he was the only one, is going to be hard to come by. Adding to that, with developing technology, nowadays people with little background in music, can cook up something.

However, if YSR continues to maintain his creativity and at the same time improve more, I am sure he is going to be in the lead.

ARR - he decided to focus global. Nothing wrong with that. Heard his oh la la la. Silla songs - kodumai. Too much hype.

-deleted-

VS - showed promise. Not sure where he is.

Others are (atleast to me) are flash in the pan.

A.ANAND
13th August 2009, 06:37 AM
-deleted-

A.ANAND
13th August 2009, 06:40 AM
entha md athigamana movie-ikku music pannarangalo avarauthan no.1 md!

yuvan-than varusathukku 10,15 padam pannarare!appa avaruthan no.1 md!

directhit
13th August 2009, 06:54 AM
ARR - he decided to focus global. Nothing wrong with that. Heard his oh la la la. Silla songs - kodumai. Too much hype. :?

raajarasigan
13th August 2009, 11:09 AM

I will also go with YSR... But I would like him NOT to do 10-15 movies per year... reduce the quantity so that the quality will be much better at least in the current trend...

A.ANAND: engenge pudikkarenga indha maadhiri signature tag line ellam..

" idli kootamathan vegum,thosai single-la than vegum! " :)

viraajan
13th August 2009, 11:11 AM

No of movies vachu calculate pannina, SKD, Imman were No 1 couple of years ago :P :P

kid-glove
13th August 2009, 11:13 AM
e) None of the above.
Shruthi Haasan.

raajarasigan
13th August 2009, 11:33 AM
e) None of the above.
Shruthi Haasan.

For this, you could have added

e) Shruthi Haasan

Benny Lava
13th August 2009, 11:38 AM
Heard his oh la la la. Silla songs - kodumai. Too much hype.They are not by ARR.. and what "Too much hype" :confused2:

Thalafanz
13th August 2009, 03:01 PM
e) None of the above.
Shruthi Haasan.

Ammani appadi enna pannittAngga??? Athukkulla, YSR level-ku kondu vanthEngga??? :roll:

rashid2raj
13th August 2009, 03:34 PM
Harris Jayaraj !!! He's currently the best in Tamil Cinema, along with Yuvan.

rashid2raj
13th August 2009, 03:36 PM
-deleted-

A.ANAND
13th August 2009, 05:43 PM

No of movies vachu calculate pannina, SKD, Imman were No 1 couple of years ago :P :P

yuvan alavukku SKD,IMMAN ikku offer tfm-la illa!anthan unmai!

A.ANAND
13th August 2009, 05:47 PM
-deleted-

viraajan
13th August 2009, 05:53 PM

nAn appadi sollala :)

few years ago, I think 2006, SKD and Imman were the composers who had done more no of movies. so no of movies'a vachu solla mudiyadhu'nu solla vandhen.

But now, It's Yuvan is the only Music Director who is working more no of Projects. More than a dozen! :shock:

rashid2raj
13th August 2009, 05:57 PM
-deleted with warning-

A.ANAND
13th August 2009, 06:01 PM
-deleted with warning-

Raikkonen
13th August 2009, 06:02 PM
mark anthony-kellam yevanda vote pannathu... :noteeth:

A.ANAND
13th August 2009, 06:40 PM

nAn appadi sollala :)

few years ago, I think 2006, SKD and Imman were the composers who had done more no of movies. so no of movies'a vachu solla mudiyadhu'nu solla vandhen.

But now, It's Yuvan is the only Music Director who is working more no of Projects. More than a dozen! :shock:

but 1 thing i'm dont like with u1 is ,ore time-la neraya padam pannuvathu!varusathukku 5 padam pannale pothum.innu nalla quality avarala kodukka mudiyum.
with selvaragavan,vishnu,ameer,simbu,venkat prabu intha combination-ne pothum innu thonuthu!

viraajan
13th August 2009, 07:14 PM
Yes Anand. We, Yuvan fans wish for the same. But if you closely observe the current projects he is working on, 8 out of 10 projects are of his close friends, relatives, regular directors. So avoiding them becomes inevitable :(

That is the main reason. :(

Nerd
13th August 2009, 08:30 PM
Indha Rahman fans (I mean a few of them) edhukku HJ/avar fans-a insult pannittE irukkAnga?!

crajkumar_be
13th August 2009, 08:32 PM
Indha Rahman fans (I mean a few of them) edhukku HJ/avar fans-a insult pannittE irukkAnga?!
Good kostin!

app_engine
13th August 2009, 10:06 PM
With people showing disappointment with the latest release of VS, looks like one more person is moving from the "current" list to "veteran" list :-(

So, over to YSR-HJ-GVP-VA to fight it out in the forthcoming months!

Despite big list of movies, competent directors etc, YSR still suffers from not working with "big" heroes. At this point of time, he needs to do that to stay on top, IMO.

Apart from a good kind of pressure-stress, it will also ensure wider reach of the output in a short time.

Sanjeevi
13th August 2009, 11:16 PM
Actually the fight is between YSR and HJ only.

HJ is very lucky. See his last 4 films

VA - 10% credit should go to kalaignar TV
Ayan - 60% credit should go to Sun TV
Adhavan - again Kalaignar TV will promote
Dhaam Dhoom - decent hit

interz
17th August 2009, 04:36 PM
My prediction about top mds in TFM

number 1 A R Rahman
number 2 Harris Jeyaraj
number 3 Yuvan Shankaraja
number 4 G V Prakash

But for me Vidyasagar always will be number 1.

Yathu
18th August 2009, 04:46 AM
But for me Vidyasagar always will be number 1.

Why is that interz? What is it about Vidhyasagar's music that makes him superior to other MDs for you?

I'm just curious. I wanted to ask when I read your signature ranking.

umaramesh
18th August 2009, 03:54 PM
My vote goes HJ . remarkable music for VA. He is doing consistently . He is not accepting more movies but making big impact whatever movies he is doing.

Yuvan has to prove that he can last long in the industry. We have huge list of MD's (scored more films in a year and vanished next year)hope Yuvan will not fall in that category.

regards
ramesh

interz
18th August 2009, 05:14 PM
It was the songs from Karna, that made me fan of him. I enjoyed all five songs, and still listen to Malare Mounama, Ey Shabba.

His music is simple for me to understand. I like the melodies as well as loud songs. I got his songs from tamil, telugu, malayalam, hindi movies (most but not all).

Though I'm not the biggest ARR fan, I will follow his words and not talk bad about others when praising some one.

MADDY
19th August 2009, 11:06 AM
Good kostin!

MMKR michael: yenpa andha pombalaya adikkadi adikkura
santhan barathi: :roll: :oops: :P

rahman fans who criticise HJ are insecure abt HJ's growth :) history repeats itself....

ok, i dont know what "top" MD means - definitely the most talented amongst the lot is yuvan shankar raja......he has become a bit stale now but this guy has the ability to experiment.....i'm even ashamed about my dilemma over HJ or U1 some years ago, thats how much U1 has grown :thumbsup: ....vijay antony and dharan are good, but we need more samples of them......GVP has finally woken up in AO but again needs to prove more.....

commercially HJ is the no.1, i mean theres no one even near to him........2008, i think songs of VA may just be the most popular ahead of kangal irandal song and taxi taxi.......2009 too, Ayan is a major hit and adhavan looks like another landslide........HJ's songs have longevity too, i still listen to kaadhalikkum aasai illa from chellame........i remember each of rahman's work in 90s, HJ is nothing new to me, thats the only con and its just me who feels HJ is a small subsect of 90's ARR.....but people just love HJ's songs :)

ARRahman comes in with 1 movie per year and delivers a huge hit, considering his fan base itself is huge......he is more like visiting profs we had in engg. days :lol2: .......i dont know if he can be considered a TFM MD anymore (was waiting to post the last line for 7-8 yrs :bluejump: :bluejump: )

Sanguine Sridhar
19th August 2009, 11:34 AM

parraaa...!! :lol2:

Good kostin!

marubadiyum parraaa...!!! :lol2:

aahaa!!onnu kuditaaingayya... inga ulla pasanga Chandramukhi Vs MExress thread ellam padichriuka maatainga-nu oru dhairiyam, illa?!! :lol2:

J/K by the way! :)

crajkumar_be
19th August 2009, 03:31 PM
SS,
Adhu pona maasam, naan solradhu indha maasam :lol2: :oops:

[I know you didn't mean any offense but clarify panradhu en kadamai: anga rendu tharappum modhuvom, inga defense-less a irukkara tharappa dhaane gap vidaama adikkarainga!]