PDA

View Full Version : The Face of Music - A R Rahman News & Updates - III

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

sathya_1979
16th January 2010, 09:20 PM
He asked Australians to embrace all people who come to their country, and called Rahman ``the Sachin Tendulkar of music
:smokesmile:
Sachin and ARR namadhu irandu kangal :D

Appu s
16th January 2010, 09:30 PM
"Vasudeva Kudumbakam"
From wikipedia:
Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam (from "vasudha", the earth; "eva" = emphasizer and "kutumbakam", "family") is a Sanskrit phrase [1] that means that the whole world is one single family.[2]

The theory originates in ancient Indian texts of India called the Upanishads[3] and is considered an integral part of the Hindu Philosophy[4].

:ty:

mahen01
17th January 2010, 06:40 AM
Yesterday went to ARR's perfomance at Parramatta park Syd. A big dissappointment. 80% of the songs are Hindi. Started with some hindi song then Athiradee (was excited) then followed by hindi songs went on and on. We were just about to leave.. then he gave 2 old tamil songs inc Arabic kadaloram.

We expected atleast 1 in every 2 songs were tamil... a big dissapointment.

A.ANAND
17th January 2010, 12:47 PM
A R Rahman's very rare interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1STKiZnB_Ps&feature=related

A.ANAND
17th January 2010, 12:54 PM
A.R. Rahman concert - faces in the crowd

http://parramatta-advertiser.whereilive.com.au/photos/gallery/ar-rahman-concert-faces-in-the-crowd/

sunnyg
18th January 2010, 01:13 AM
Guys

I have seen two instances where Sonu Nigam seems to be anti ARR.

The first time was after ARR won the Oscar and our man made an unneccessary statement that Shankar-Ehsan-Loy was the best Hindi Music Director!

The second instance is when one of the famous Ghazal singers challenged ARR if he can compose a mesmeric ghazal. Sonu was asked about it and he basically said if this XYZ (forgot his name) said it, then he must be right.

I do not know what Sonu's problem is but do you guys think ARR should continue to work with such a guy. I personally think he will not miss Sonu's singing and should basically avoid offering Sonu any song. It will hopefully teach this arrogant guy a lesson.

What do you guys think?

Kumar2020
18th January 2010, 11:36 AM
to all malaysians...there is an interview with ar.rahman on thr.fm tommorow morning on the 'kalakal kalai' show...just heard one of the dj's announcing this...not sure when and where was this interview held...or is he in malaysia?am i missing something here...?

SoftSword
18th January 2010, 04:57 PM
He asked Australians to embrace all people who come to their country, and called Rahman ``the Sachin Tendulkar of music
:smokesmile:
Sachin and ARR namadhu irandu kangal :D

well said :notworthy:

Aalavanthan
18th January 2010, 06:02 PM
[tscii:41fd8b5830]
He asked Australians to embrace all people who come to their country, and called Rahman ``the Sachin Tendulkar of music¡¯¡¯.

I have always thought this similarity between the two legends. Even physically and characteristically .. :notworthy: [/tscii:41fd8b5830]

SoftSword
18th January 2010, 06:06 PM
[tscii:5571c22cd1]
He asked Australians to embrace all people who come to their country, and called Rahman ``the Sachin Tendulkar of music¡¯¡¯.

I have always thought this similarity between the two legends. Even physically and characteristically .. :notworthy: [/tscii:5571c22cd1]

exactly my thoughts...
i often confuse myself with these two...

littlemaster1982
19th January 2010, 05:58 AM
[tscii:ab2bc67ac8]

I have always thought this similarity between the two legends. Even physically and characteristically .. :notworthy: [/tscii:ab2bc67ac8]

exactly my thoughts...
i often confuse myself with these two...

I have posted this before, and I'm posting this again (http://arrahmaniac.blogspot.com/2005/11/arrahman-sachin-tendulkar-comparison.html) 8-)

A.ANAND
19th January 2010, 07:06 AM
to all malaysians...there is an interview with ar.rahman on thr.fm tommorow morning on the 'kalakal kalai' show...just heard one of the dj's announcing this...not sure when and where was this interview held...or is he in malaysia?am i missing something here...?

appdi ethuvum news illaye! :roll:

A.ANAND
19th January 2010, 07:19 AM
[tscii:2366f0b5dc]AR Rahman's Hollywood audio launched in Chennai

By Moviebuzz | Monday, 18 January , 2010, 21:56

Saregama India launched Rahman's latest Hollywood film Couples Retreat sound track in India at a Chennai five star on Monday (Jan 18) evening. AR Rahman, Gautam Menon along with Apurv Nagpal CEO of Saregama India were present

The film stars Vince Vaughn and set in an island resort were five couples land up. Said Rahman :"I chose this film because they came to me even before the Oscars. I felt touched otherwise normally after an Oscar people don’t do a comedy. But it was a pleasure doing the album. I enjoyed the freedom they gave me plus the budget for the orchestra. I prefer doing Hollywood films where they want me rather than me wanting them."

The album has a song Kuru kuru... with lyrics by Rahman in Tamil apart from songs in Sanskrit, Spanish and Hindi. He has also used classical piano and African influences.

Gautham declared that he had come as a fan of Rahman and was happy that the album was released now in India. "I saw the film in America because of Rahman and I am glad Saregama has taken the initiative."

Rahman disclosed that the song Sajna... has been nominated for the Academy awards. His son has also sang a song in the album.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

[/tscii:2366f0b5dc]

A.ANAND
19th January 2010, 07:22 AM
Rahman Unveils His Hollywood Sound Tracks

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/20756.html

ajaybaskar
19th January 2010, 06:17 PM
www.empireonline.com/features/reviewofthedecade/10-best-scores/

East or west, ARR is the best....

littlemaster1982
19th January 2010, 06:43 PM
Soundtrack of the Decade :notworthy:

ajaybaskar
19th January 2010, 07:01 PM
LM, see the movies that SDM has overtook. Unbelievable... Sky is the limit for Thalaivar.

SoftSword
19th January 2010, 07:09 PM
LM, see the movies that SDM has overtook. Unbelievable... Sky is the limit for Thalaivar.

if i have the power, i ll make him the ambassador for the entire world... the man surely is bridging cultures, civilizations, continents and working on a boundryless world

viraajan
19th January 2010, 09:13 PM
Sorry if this is posted already!

ANOTHER OSCAR FOR RAHMAN?
AR Rahman
January 19, 2010
Home > More news
AR Rahman could win yet another Oscar award! It is well known that the music director had composed music for the Hollywood film Couple’s Retreat. Of the six songs in the film, one song has been nominated for the Oscars. This was disclosed by Rahman during the background score launch of Couple’s Retreat in Chennai.

The Mozart of Madras has also revealed that a Tamil song going by the lyrics Kuru Kuru Kangal is a part of this Hollywood film. Interestingly, Rahman had penned the lyrics for this song.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jan-10-03/ar-rahman-couples-retreat-19-01-10.html

:cheer:

LM, nAn sonnadhu gnayabagam irukka :mrgreen:
[tscii:602a912422][/tscii:602a912422]

littlemaster1982
19th January 2010, 09:30 PM

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jan-10-03/ar-rahman-couples-retreat-19-01-10.html

The song was just shortlisted. Adhukkulla ivanga nomination range-kku poittaanga :|

Edhai solreenga :roll:

viraajan
19th January 2010, 09:33 PM

The song was just shortlisted. Adhukkulla ivanga nomination range-kku poittaanga :|

Oh :| :| ARR'E 'nominate' aayirukku'nu sonnadhA solluranga ivanga :oops:

Edhai solreenga :roll:

PM 8-)

sathya_1979
20th January 2010, 03:55 PM
Tomorrow, I am going to conduct a floor session in my office.
Topic: How ARR composes a song?
:D

Appu s
20th January 2010, 03:57 PM
Sathya, All the best :D

sathya_1979
20th January 2010, 04:00 PM
Thank u! This is a weekly session wherein associates should talk abt a topic of their choice. I have selected this topic (Avaru epdi paattu compose panraarnu theriyumaanu kekkaadheenga). Hub la kedacha info + other Internet info vechudhaan pesa poren :D

SoftSword
20th January 2010, 04:05 PM
Thank u! This is a weekly session wherein associates should talk abt a topic of their choice. I have selected this topic (Avaru epdi paattu compose panraarnu theriyumaanu kekkaadheenga). Hub la kedacha info + other Internet info vechudhaan pesa poren :D

apdiyae anga pesaradha ingayum padhivu pannunga...
unga kolandha kuttinga nallaa irukkum...

littlemaster1982
20th January 2010, 04:06 PM

Sathya,

Do you have the book "A.R.Rahman - The Musical Storm"? There is a whole episode about how he works :)

sathya_1979
20th January 2010, 04:09 PM
No LM :-( Heard that was an unofficial one and not approved by thalaivar. So, didn't buy. Will check it out.

littlemaster1982
20th January 2010, 04:11 PM
Yeah, it's not official. Lot of insights there in the book (few controversial ones too). I'm yet to complete the book.

Ramakrishna
20th January 2010, 07:30 PM
If possible record and upload it

viraajan
21st January 2010, 08:34 AM
Couple Retreat Song "na na" in Oscar's Official List!

http://www.oscars.org/press/pressreleases/2009/20091216.html

sathya_1979
21st January 2010, 04:41 PM

Completed the speech. Well-received :-) Unfortunately could not record it. High-level details on the topics i touched upon:
1) Difference between ARR and others - Traditional orchestration and ARR Style
2) Synthesisers, Creation of tune, editing, mixing
3) Intelligent usage of loops
4) Tracks, modulation, fine-tuning the singers's voice
5) His BGM Composition style - Script Description based rather than actual scene based
6) His dedication.

Few of my fellow-associates were interested to know more and I asked them to visit Hub :-)
Thanks to fellow-hubbers from whom i received lots of valuable inputs! TBH, i have not even heard about most of these things before joining Hub. Good decision by me to join here.

littlemaster1982
21st January 2010, 06:03 PM
Sathya :thumbsup:

SoftSword
21st January 2010, 06:37 PM

Completed the speech. Well-received :-) Unfortunately could not record it. High-level details on the topics i touched upon:
5) His BGM Composition style - Script Description based rather than actual scene based
6) His dedication.

Few of my fellow-associates were interested to know more and I asked them to visit Hub :-)
Thanks to fellow-hubbers from whom i received lots of valuable inputs! TBH, i have not even heard about most of these things before joining Hub. Good decision by me to join here.

will be happy if we get the complete coverage with all ur points and justifications...

A.ANAND
21st January 2010, 08:12 PM
[tscii:dbd1a137a3]Music is God¡¯s gift to me, it just flows out of me: Rahman

http://www.timesofoman.com/innercat.asp?detail=32488&rand=BojF1uZL8t9PxH5NwxRMffHaZS[/tscii:dbd1a137a3]

sathya_1979
21st January 2010, 09:39 PM

6) His dedication.

will be happy if we get the complete coverage with all ur points and justifications...
1) Difference between ARR and others - Traditional orchestration and ARR Style - How ARR moved from traditional construct to revolutionize song construct by exploring and introducing different Genres (Recent Example: Aaromale)
2) Synthesisers, Creation of tune, editing, mixing - His song creation process, how he takes the pain to identify the best bits of vocals and instrumental output and uses them.
3) Intelligent usage of loops - Examples of loops, usage in songs
4) Tracks, modulation, fine-tuning the singers's voice - Making the singers sing to their comfort level and enhancing the output effectively
5) His BGM Composition style - Script Description based rather than actual scene based - How different and innovative his BGMs are, how he uses new sounds and instruments to capture the mood of the scene / situation rather than standard BGMs for various scenes (Pathos, Action, Hero / Villain intro etc).
6) His dedication. - His drive towards continual excellence, innovation, respect and recognition to the members of the orchestration (The first person to do so) etc

sathya_1979
21st January 2010, 09:41 PM
One more major point which I stressed - Usage of technology is no sin as projected by vaitherichal parties (They say so and use the same, which is the height of hypocrisy). It's the talent, dedication and hardwork of our God which results in unique and soulfull everlasting songs and not the software / hardware. All from his heart and head :-)

MADDY
22nd January 2010, 04:30 PM
Sathya - nice to know you take efforts in documenting such things :thumbsup: ..........i have a lofty dream of writing about impact of rahman;s music on fans and others..........we should all join together and share our experiences :)

sathya_1979
22nd January 2010, 04:57 PM
Kandippa Maddy! Namakkaaga evalavo senjirukkira isai kadavulukku, kandippaa oru kaanikkai seluthanum :-)

music man
22nd January 2010, 10:47 PM
SURPRISING TIDBIT FROM CHENNAI TIMES:

"Kalyaani Menon has sung for many jingles in the Rajiv Menon-Rahman combination. Interestingly, during the making of most of these advertisements, Gautham Menon (the director of Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa) was the assistant to Rajiv..."

So GVM knew Rahman well before he directed his first movie...

Dragun
23rd January 2010, 02:46 AM
I heard Gautham wanted ARR for Minnale, but he was busy and recommended Harris Jayaraj. Is this true?

littlemaster1982
23rd January 2010, 03:06 AM
I heard Gautham wanted ARR for Minnale, but he was busy and recommended Harris Jayaraj. Is this true?

I read the same in ARR's unofficial biography. Dragun, where did you got this from?

sha
24th January 2010, 10:55 AM
Music without borders

http://gulfnews.com/arts-entertainment/celebrity/music-without-borders-1.572485

Appu s
24th January 2010, 11:06 AM

I read the same in ARR's unofficial biography. Dragun, where did you got this from?

ARR in a recent interview when asked about GVM, " i heard from a source that even before he worked with harris he came to me,and i never saw him... and GVM told me personally that he was waiting for me long time.."

GVM told the same in Audio launch function i guess, 8 years waiting.. something like that...

sathya_1979
24th January 2010, 11:27 AM
Music without borders

http://gulfnews.com/arts-entertainment/celebrity/music-without-borders-1.572485
"Can we expect him to be doing rap and hip-hop music or changing his look anytime soon, then?

"Who knows whether I will be alive after five years?" He smiled. "
Idha edhukku sonnaaru? Kaalaiyila tension aakkittaaru manushan :roll:

A.ANAND
25th January 2010, 07:13 AM
[tscii:b4db4e4689]Somnath, Rahman, Leander in running for Padma prize
Javed M Ansari / DNAMonday, January 25, 2010 1:23

New Delhi: Former Lok Sabha speaker Somnath Chatterjee, Oscar-winning music composer AR Rahman, US-based hotelier Sant Singh Chatwal and tennis captain Leander Paes are being considered for the Padma awards this year.

Somnath Chatterjee and AR Rahman are likely to be given the Padma Vibhushan and Paes the Padma Bhushan.

The list of awardees might be announced on Monday. According to sources, writer Mahasweta Devi, veteran cinematographer Nemai Ghosh and painter Shuvaprasanna are also being considered for the honours.

This is not the first time the UPA government is planning to bestow the award on Chatterjee. It wanted to do so last year itself, but Chatterjee declined saying it would not be appropriate for him to receive an award from the executive as long as he was Lok Sabha speaker.

The honour will be another feather in the cap of AR Rahman, who won two Oscars last year for best original music score and best song in Slumdog Millionaire.

The other possible Padma awardee is US-based controversial hotelier Sant Singh Chatwal. He is among the movers and shakers of the NRI community in the US and has powerful connections in the Democratic Party. He is extremely close to the Clintons. Chatwal was, in fact, one of Hillary Clinton’s primary fundraisers during her presidential bid. He also played an active role in drumming up support for the Indo-US nuclear deal.

Chatwal has powerful political connections in the country and was instrumental in persuading Bill Clinton to travel to Lucknow and attend a private lunch hosted by a UP-based industrialist considered close to Mulayam Singh Yadav and Amar Singh.

Leander Paes has been the country’s top tennis player for over a decade. He won the bronze medal at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996 and has won doubles titles at Wimbledon, Australian Open and the US Open. He was given the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in 1996.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_somnath-rahman-leander-in-running-for-padma-prize_1339047
[/tscii:b4db4e4689]

A.ANAND
25th January 2010, 08:45 AM
ARRahaman in muscat airport 19012010001.mp4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSYGH3g1JQw

ajaybaskar
25th January 2010, 12:36 PM
[tscii:11c0ed0553]Somnath, Rahman, Leander in running for Padma prize

New Delhi: Former Lok Sabha speaker Somnath Chatterjee, Oscar-winning music composer AR Rahman, US-based hotelier Sant Singh Chatwal and tennis captain Leander Paes are being considered for the Padma awards this year.

Somnath Chatterjee and AR Rahman are likely to be given the Padma Vibhushan and Paes the Padma Bhushan.

The list of awardees might be announced on Monday. According to sources, writer Mahasweta Devi, veteran cinematographer Nemai Ghosh and painter Shuvaprasanna are also being considered for the honours.

This is not the first time the UPA government is planning to bestow the award on Chatterjee. It wanted to do so last year itself, but Chatterjee declined saying it would not be appropriate for him to receive an award from the executive as long as he was Lok Sabha speaker.

The honour will be another feather in the cap of AR Rahman, who won two Oscars last year for best original music score and best song in Slumdog Millionaire.

The other possible Padma awardee is US-based controversial hotelier Sant Singh Chatwal. He is among the movers and shakers of the NRI community in the US and has powerful connections in the Democratic Party. He is extremely close to the Clintons. Chatwal was, in fact, one of Hillary Clinton’s primary fundraisers during her presidential bid. He also played an active role in drumming up support for the Indo-US nuclear deal.

Chatwal has powerful political connections in the country and was instrumental in persuading Bill Clinton to travel to Lucknow and attend a private lunch hosted by a UP-based industrialist considered close to Mulayam Singh Yadav and Amar Singh.

Leander Paes has been the country’s top tennis player for over a decade. He won the bronze medal at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996 and has won doubles titles at Wimbledon, Australian Open and the US Open. He was given the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in 1996.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_somnath-rahman-leander-in-running-for-padma-prize_1339047[/tscii:11c0ed0553]

Kumar2020
25th January 2010, 04:41 PM

ARR in a recent interview when asked about GVM, " i heard from a source that even before he worked with harris he came to me,and i never saw him... and GVM told me personally that he was waiting for me long time.."

GVM told the same in Audio launch function i guess, 8 years waiting.. something like that...

judging by gautham menon's speeches or comments made post vtv audio launch...its very clear that his first choice was ar.rahman all along...but it did not materialise way back then in 2001.....im just hoping that this combination is a pemament one.....waiting for his 'official' announcement of his next project

ajaybaskar
25th January 2010, 05:21 PM
BREAKING NEWS: ISAIPUYAL A.R RAHMAN WINS PADMA BHUSHAN AWARD FOR 2010.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :swinghead: :swinghead: :swinghead: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump:

ajaybaskar
25th January 2010, 06:11 PM
Resul Pookkutty wins Padmasri...

MADDY
25th January 2010, 06:37 PM
:thumbsup:

Padma vibhushan edhir paarthen :) ....vidunga nesstu bharat ratna or indhiya janadhibadhi aagidalaam :D

SoftSword
25th January 2010, 06:56 PM
kodutthu kodutthu sivandha kaigal dhaan kaelvi patrukkaen...
ivarukku vaangi vaangi sivandha kaigal aagidum pola...

arr: yaenpa... ipdi award ceremonya attend pannitu irundhaa naan eppodhaan tune podradhu...

A.ANAND
25th January 2010, 07:05 PM
kodutthu kodutthu sivandha kaigal dhaan kaelvi patrukkaen...
ivarukku vaangi vaangi sivandha kaigal aagidum pola...

arr: yaenpa... ipdi award ceremonya attend pannitu irundhaa naan eppodhaan tune podradhu...

nalla timing SS :lol:

A.ANAND
26th January 2010, 07:57 AM
Documentary screening at Madras Terrace House

Ambili [January 25, 2010, 12:59:37 PM]

Here is exciting news for all documentary lovers. The Madras Terrace House will screen a series of documentaries made by Chennai-based film maker R.V. Ramani on 24th, 26th and 29th January at 7 p.m.

The list of documentaries includes 'Face Like a Man' (30 mins) with music by A.R. Rahman. 'Brahma Vishnu Shiva' (19 mins), 'Through the Window' (30 mins), 'Lines Of Mahatma' (20 mins), 'Blue Black Yellow' (5 mins) and 'Heaven on Earth' (60 mins)

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/id/Documentary_screening_at_The_Madras_Terrace_House_ 34863.html

A.ANAND
26th January 2010, 08:04 AM
ARR WITH OBAMA

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/attachments/folder/379696630/item/780410812/view

app_engine
26th January 2010, 08:25 AM
Congrats ARR & IR for Padmabhushan!

Ofcourse, ARR has got much greater - international - awards already, but this also tastes good:-)

baroque
26th January 2010, 09:02 AM
Congrats A.R.R
vinatha :bluejump:

venkkiram
26th January 2010, 09:02 AM
ஆஸ்கர் நாயகனே! ஆளப்பிறந்தவனே!
இந்தியர்களின் ஒட்டு மொத்த நம்பிக்கையே!
ஜீவ நதி போல ஓடிக்கொண்டே இரு!
வாழ்த்துக்கள்!

Appu s
26th January 2010, 11:45 AM
ARR WITH OBAMA

[html:b244e41ef3]
http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/1247092/sn/780410812/name/ARR+With+Obama.jpg
[/html:b244e41ef3]

Thalaivar en thol mela kai poda koodathunnu sollittar pola :lol:

:thumbsup:

joe
26th January 2010, 12:50 PM
இளையராஜாவுக்கும், எனக்கும் ஒரே சமயத்தில் பத்மபூஷண் விருது கிடைத்திருப்பது, இரட்டிப்பு சந்தோஷமாக இருக்கிறது. எங்க அப்பா சேகர் இசையில், இளையராஜா வாசித்து இருக்கிறார். இளையராஜா இசையில், நான் பல ஆண்டுகள் வாசித்துள்ளேன்...

அந்தவகையில் நாங்கள் ஒரே குடும்பம்தான், இது குடும்ப சந்தோஷமாக இருக்கிறது. அவருடன் சேர்த்து எனக்கும் விருது தந்திருப்பது மகிழ்ச்சியாக உள்ளது.,'' என்றார் ரஹ்மான்.

littlemaster1982
26th January 2010, 12:57 PM
இளையராஜாவுக்கும், எனக்கும் ஒரே சமயத்தில் பத்மபூஷண் விருது கிடைத்திருப்பது, இரட்டிப்பு சந்தோஷமாக இருக்கிறது. எங்க அப்பா சேகர் இசையில், இளையராஜா வாசித்து இருக்கிறார். இளையராஜா இசையில், நான் பல ஆண்டுகள் வாசித்துள்ளேன்...

அந்தவகையில் நாங்கள் ஒரே குடும்பம்தான், இது குடும்ப சந்தோஷமாக இருக்கிறது. அவருடன் சேர்த்து எனக்கும் விருது தந்திருப்பது மகிழ்ச்சியாக உள்ளது.,'' என்றார் ரஹ்மான்.

:notworthy: :notworthy:

MADDY
26th January 2010, 02:49 PM

there is so much for everyone to learn from rahman :D

and that pic with Obama - idhu amerikka janadhibadhi, olaga janadhibadhi illa - indha madhir modhallaye nadanthirukkaa, appadinnu kosa tholla varum but i have deepest awe and sense of astronomical achievement and recognisiton when my thalaivan is standing along with President of USA

ajaybaskar
26th January 2010, 06:01 PM
somebody post 'Phir mile Sur' video link... ARR rocks with a continuum in the beginning.

Appu s
26th January 2010, 06:12 PM
somebody post 'Phir mile Sur' video link... ARR rocks with a continuum in the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq31OjsQ124

Appu s
26th January 2010, 06:14 PM
:bow: :bow: the only part i liked in the video :P

MADDY
26th January 2010, 06:58 PM
:bow: :bow: the only part i liked in the video :P

surya-vikram were pretty good(compared to others) :shock: ....ennayum ippadi aakkittangale :lol:

ajaybaskar
26th January 2010, 07:01 PM

there is so much for everyone to learn from rahman :D

and that pic with Obama - idhu amerikka janadhibadhi, olaga janadhibadhi illa - indha madhir modhallaye nadanthirukkaa, appadinnu kosa tholla varum but i have deepest awe and sense of astronomical achievement and recognisiton when my thalaivan is standing along with President of USA

ரஹ்மான் இவ்வளவு பெரிய மனிதராக வளர்ந்தமைக்கு அவரது இசை ஒரு காரணமாக இருந்தாலும் அவருடைய பண்பட்ட, தன்னடக்கம் மிக்க அவரது குணமும் ஒரு முக்கிய காரணம். சபை நாகரீகம் என்பதை நன்கு அறிந்தவர் அவர். தனக்கு வாய் என்று ஒன்றை ஆண்டவன் படைத்த ஒரே காரணத்துக்காக முட்டாள்தனமாக எதையும் பேசாதவர். இதனாலெயே எல்லொராலும் விரும்பப்படும் ஒரு மனிதராகியிருக்கிரார் அவர்.

MADDY
26th January 2010, 07:15 PM
ரஹ்மான் இவ்வளவு பெரிய மனிதராக வளர்ந்தமைக்கு அவரது இசை ஒரு காரணமாக இருந்தாலும் அவருடைய பண்பட்ட, தன்னடக்கம் மிக்க அவரது குணமும் ஒரு முக்கிய காரணம். சபை நாகரீகம் என்பதை நன்கு அறிந்தவர் அவர். தனக்கு வாய் என்று ஒன்றை ஆண்டவன் படைத்த ஒரே காரணத்துக்காக முட்டாள்தனமாக எதையும் பேசாதவர். இதனாலெயே எல்லொராலும் விரும்பப்படும் ஒரு மனிதராகியிருக்கிரார் அவர்.

neenga vera - nadigar thilagam sivaji and ulaganayagn kamal-kku appram tamil cinema-vlaye, 17 varushama make up edhum podaama arpudhama nadichhittu irukkravar ARRahman dhaan :lol: .....

edho arrogance oru virtue and humility is being sinister madhiri portray panraanga, hmmm - aandavan irukkaan :)

Appu s
26th January 2010, 07:19 PM
Maddy&Ajay free aa viduvom :D solravanga sollittu than iruppanga... Oscar vaanginappa pesathathaa.. :D

ajaybaskar
26th January 2010, 09:23 PM
இல்லை ஷிவா.. கொஞ்ச நாளைக்குமுன் ஒரு பெரிய மனிதர் 'எல்லா புகழும் இறைவனுக்கே' என்று ரஹ்மான் சொல்வதை மனசாட்சியே இல்லாமல் விமர்சனம் செய்தார். அப்போது இவர்கள் எல்லோரும் அதற்கும் வக்காலத்து வாங்கினார்கள்.

இன்று அந்த பெரிய மனிதருக்கு மற்றவர்களை போல் நடிக்க தெரியாது என்று ஒரு சக நண்பர் பதிவு செய்திருக்கிறார். அந்த 'மற்றவர்' யாரென்பதை சொல்ல கூட தைரியம் இல்லை அந்த நண்பருக்கு....

AravindMano
26th January 2010, 09:34 PM

When the news that Rahman got oscar broke, one of my colleagues quipped, "avar guNaththukku appadiyae oru nobel peace prize-um kuduththudalaam". evLo uNmai! Rahman-ji :notworthy:

venkkiram
26th January 2010, 10:55 PM

When the news that Rahman got oscar broke, one of my colleagues quipped, "avar guNaththukku appadiyae oru nobel peace prize-um kuduththudalaam". evLo uNmai! Rahman-ji :notworthy:

வள்ளுவரின் குறள் :

வெள்ளத் தனைய மலர்நீட்டம் மாந்தர்தம்
உள்ளத் தனைய துயர்வு.

Appu s
26th January 2010, 11:05 PM
இல்லை ஷிவா.. கொஞ்ச நாளைக்குமுன் ஒரு பெரிய மனிதர் 'எல்லா புகழும் இறைவனுக்கே' என்று ரஹ்மான் சொல்வதை மனசாட்சியே இல்லாமல் விமர்சனம் செய்தார். அப்போது இவர்கள் எல்லோரும் அதற்கும் வக்காலத்து வாங்கினார்கள்.

இன்று அந்த பெரிய மனிதருக்கு மற்றவர்களை போல் நடிக்க தெரியாது என்று ஒரு சக நண்பர் பதிவு செய்திருக்கிறார். அந்த 'மற்றவர்' யாரென்பதை சொல்ல கூட தைரியம் இல்லை அந்த நண்பருக்கு....

latest-aa atha vida oru comedy pan post onnu irukku... :rotfl3:

neenga pesinathula thappe illengiren ...

MADDY
26th January 2010, 11:24 PM

adhu sarcastic post-aam - dont react :lol:

Appu s
26th January 2010, 11:34 PM

adhu sarcastic post-aam - dont react :lol:

ohh ithula athu veraya :lol:

A.ANAND
27th January 2010, 06:01 AM
antha link podungga sir!paapom

ajaybaskar
27th January 2010, 08:58 AM
Grammy's live on Star World - Feb 1st - 6.30am (IST)

SoftSword
27th January 2010, 12:02 PM
yow enna nadakkudhu pa inga...
pm pannunga...

Scale
27th January 2010, 02:01 PM
Wow! Thanks for the video. Who could have opened it better, ARR on continum fingerboard is simple, aesthetic and wizardry! Like a child's finger he draw up.
Can watch for the whole day....

Two things are not changing I CURSE! One is Raaja's haughtiness and the other is ARR's Humility. ARR & Raja Fans are always trying to reap me that every coin has two sides try to equip yourselves to look it on a whole or blot out the trenched side even if its unuseable.

Did I acquire it?

A.ANAND
28th January 2010, 08:42 AM
Thai manne vanakkam song performed by Chinese Artist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRGsIf4f6-o

ajaybaskar
28th January 2010, 11:41 AM
BAZ LUHRMAN MEETS A.R RAHMAN

Baz luhrmann in Mumbai ! and meets AR Rahman - wow now thats a combination

http://twitter.com/shekharkapur

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baz_Luhrman

Appu s
28th January 2010, 11:52 AM
Thai manne vanakkam song performed by Chinese Artist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRGsIf4f6-o

Amazing.... speechless.... :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

the chinesh can pronounce clearly "thai aval pol oru jeevan illai" "Paasam" :thai manne vanakkam" and few other words.... Azha vachuttar pa... :bow: :bow:

A.ANAND
29th January 2010, 07:59 AM
WTSM theme music by ARRahman [thalaivar at kolapuram]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjyYtNMXVSc

music man
29th January 2010, 10:29 AM
[tscii:92a4b0351b]I don't know if this has been posted earlier:

It would be an understatement to say the year has begun on a good note for A R Rahman. He already has a Grammy nomination lined up, not to mention a song of his that has been shortlisted for an Oscar. But the modest composer, who has been awarded the Padma Bhushan this year, says he is left with doubt if he deserves such national honour.

“I’m overwhelmed that I have received the honour at the same time that music composer Ilayaraja has received it. It is a great personal statement for me. He has played for my father Shekher, and I have played for Ilayaraja Sir. It is a family thing for me,” explains the composer, adding that this honour has increased expectations that people have for him.

“Now, I wish to work more towards my passion, that is music education, through my K M Music Conservatory,” he explained. “I have not taken up any new Tamil movie,” he explained. He already has Endhiran, Raavan and Sultan lined up in Tamil.

Music composer Ilayaraja, who had recently made waves in Bollywood too, with Paa being a music blockbuster, says the Padma Bhushan he received this year was not a recognition for him, but an appreciation of his work.

When asked how he felt about receiving the honour in a year that A R Rahman also received the honour, Ilayaraja simply said “I don’t have to feel for others.

I feel for myself.” When asked if his increasing presence in Bollywood led to him being awarded a Padma Bhushan, 35 years after he entered the music scene, he said he never thought of it that way. When asked if the Central government had delayed in honouring talent from South India, he sharply said, “Ask this question to a politician, not a musician.” Music designer Resul Pookutty, who has been awarded a Padma Sri this year, said being recognised in his own country only added to the value of his international honours, including the Academy Award he received last year for Slumdog Millionaire. When asked if he was upset that India recognised him only after he won an international award, he said, “Such a feeling is bound to be there. Our people here are told about our talent by others. But I have no complaints.” He also noted that this was the first time in his knowledge that a sound technician had been given the Padma Sri.

Mridangam maestro Umayalpuram K Sivaraman, who has been awarded the Padma Vibushan, said “This year marks my 65th year as a musician and that makes the award more special.” [/tscii:92a4b0351b]

A.ANAND
29th January 2010, 12:29 PM
[tscii:0d573e0cf0]Rahman calls on CM
IndiaGlitz [Friday, January 29, 2010]

A R Rahman, who is composing a theme song for the World Classic Tamil Conference scheduled at Coimbatore in June, called on Chief Minister M Karunanidhi at the latter¡¯s residence in Chennai Thursday.

He discussed with the Chief Minister about the special song, as it was the octogenarian who had penned lyrics for it. The music maestro also expressed his happiness to the top politician of the State on being selected for a Padma Bhushan award.

Rahman briefed Karunanidhi on one of his songs being nominated for Grammy this year. ¡°I will be leaving for Los Angeles tonight to take part in Grammy proceedings,¡± the Oscar winner told the Chief Minister, we learn.

On hearing this, Karunanidhi said ¡°all the best¡± to Rahman for winning Grammy honour. ¡°I am hopeful that you would bring home Grammy award too,¡± the Chief Minister told the music composer.

Deputy Chief Minister M K Stalin, Karunanidhi¡¯s wife Rajathi Ammal, daughter and Rajya Sabha member Kanimozhi and Sun Television Network chairman Kalanithi Maran were present during the meeting.

[/tscii:0d573e0cf0]

A.ANAND
29th January 2010, 01:11 PM
கருணாநிதி இயற்றிய பாடல் ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமான் இசை அமைக்கிறார்

சென்னை : உலகத் தமிழ் செம்மொழி மாநாட்டுக்காக முதல்வர் கருணாநிதி பிரத்யேகமாக ஒரு பாடல் இயற்றியுள்ளார். ஆஸ்கர் விருது பெற்ற இசையமைப்பாளர் ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமான் அந்த பாடலுக்கு இசை அமைக்கிறார்.
கோவையில் வரும் ஜூன் 24ம் தேதி முதல் 27ம் தேதி வரை உலகத் தமிழ் செம்மொழி மாநாடு கோலாகலமாக நடைபெற இருக்கிறது. இதற்கான ஏற்பாடுகள் முழு வீச்சில் நடந்து வருகின்றன. உலகின் பல்வேறு நாடுகளில் இருந்து ஏராளமான தமிழ் அறிஞர்கள் இந்த மாநாட்டில் கலந்துகொள்ள விருப்பம் தெரிவித்துள்ளனர்.
தமிழுக்கு செம்மொழி அந்தஸ்து கிடைத்த பின்னர் உலகத் தமிழர்கள் பங்கேற்கும் முதலாவது மாநாடு என்பதால், இந்த மாநாட்டுக்காகவே பிரத்யேகமாக ஒரு பாடலை முதல்வர் கருணாநிதி இயற்றியுள்ளார்.
சமீபத்தில் பத்ம பூஷண் விருது பெற்ற ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமான் முதல்வரின் பாடலுக்கு முதல் முறையாக இசை அமைக்கிறார். இது தொடர்பாக நேற்று அவர் முதல்வரை அவரது இல்லத்தில் சந்தித்து பேசினார்.
கிராமி விருதுக்கான பரிசீலனை பட்டியலில் தனது பெயர் உள்ளது என்றும் இதற்காக இரவு லாஸ் ஏஞ்சலஸ் செல்ல இருப்பதாகவும் முதல்வரிடம் ரகுமான் தெரிவித்தார். ரகுமான் கிராமிய விருது பெற முதல்வர் வாழ்த்து தெரிவித்தார்.
இந்த சந்திப்பின்போது துணை முதல்வர் மு.க.ஸ்டாலின், ராஜாத்தி அம்மாள், கனிமொழி எம்.பி., சன் குழுமத் தலைவர் கலாநிதி மாறன் ஆகியோர் உடன் இருந்தனர்.

http://www.newlankasri.com/ta/link.php?33o6C332dS

A.ANAND
29th January 2010, 07:35 PM
http://liku-likant.blogspot.com/2010/01/arrrahmanar-rahmanmusic.html

Appu s
30th January 2010, 07:17 PM
[tscii:e862d38c22]NEW DELHI: An award-winning adventure-based 3D virtual world that is super-personalised, wildly imaginative and fun for children between three to 10 years has been introduced by music label Saregama to mark its entry into the world of Children’s Edutainment.

‘JumpStart’ helps teach Mathematics, English, Reading, Geography, General Knowledge and critical thinking skills.

As kids love to explore, JumpStart will initiate curiosity to help them learn their academics at their own speed - on the premise that educational games help children build self-confidence while improving the skills they need to succeed in school.

The JumpStart Advanced Range includes JumpStart Advanced Preschool, JumpStart Advanced Kindergarten, JumpStart Advanced 1st Grade, JumpStart Advanced 2nd Grade, JumpStart Advanced 2nd Grade, Jumpstart Advanced 3rd Grade, JumpStart Advanced 4th 6th Grade School Essentials.

The aim is to make learning fun and effective through the use of vibrant multimedia, music and dance. Saregama plans to launch a series of learning-oriented Home Edutainment products that will impact the way children learn. These can also be ordered online at www.kids.saregama.com

Among Saregama’s upcoming releases this season is Sunfeast Dreamcream Rhymeskool Vol.1 featuring Katrina Kaif - produced in partnership with A R Rahman, the students of Rahman’s K.M.Music Conservatory and in academic partnership with Kidzee, India’s leading pre-school network.

http://www.radioandmusic.com/content/editorial/news/saregama-partners-rahman-kids-edutainment-series

[/tscii:e862d38c22]

A.ANAND
30th January 2010, 09:33 PM
ரஹ்மான் இசையில் கருணாநிதி எழுதிய செம்மொழி மாநாட்டுப் பாடல்!

சென்னை: கோவையில் நடக்கவிருக்கும் செம்மொழி மாநாட்டுக்காக முதல்வர் கருணாநிதி எழுதிய பாடலுக்கு இசையமைப்பாளர் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் இசை அமைக்கிறார்.

தமிழ்ச் செம்மொழி மாநாடு கோவையில் ஜூன் மாதம் நடைபெறுகிறது. மாநாடு எதற்காக நடத்தப்படுகிறது என்பதை விளக்குவதற்கான பாடலை முதல்வர் கருணாநிதி இயற்றியுள்ளார். இந்தப் பாடல் இனி தமிழ் மொழி கருத்தரங்குகள் அனைத்திலும் ஒலிக்கும் என்றும் அறிவிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது.

அந்தப் பாடல் வருமாறு:

பிறப்பொக்கும் எல்லா உயிர்க்கும் -
பிறந்த பின்னர், யாதும் ஊரே, யாவரும் கேளிர்!
உண்பது நாழி உடுப்பது இரண்டே
உறைவிடம் என்பது ஒன்றேயென
உரைத்து வாழ்ந்தோம்
உழைத்து வாழ்வோம்.

தீதும் நன்றும் பிறர் தர வாரா எனும்
நன் மொழியே நம் பொன் மொழியாம்!
போரைப் புறம் தள்ளி
பொருளைப் பொதுவாக்கவே
அமைதி வழிகாட்டும்
அன்பு மொழி
அய்யன் வள்ளுவரின் வாய்மொழியாம்!

ஓரறிவு முதல் ஆறறிவு உயிரினம் வரையிலே
உணர்ந்திடும் உடலமைப்பை பகுத்துக் கூறும்
ஒல்காப் புகழ் தொல்காப்பியமும்
ஒப்பற்ற குறள் கூறும் உயர் பண்பாடு
ஒலிக்கின்ற சிலம்பும், மேகலையும்
சிந்தாமணியுடனே வளையாபதி குண்டலகேசியும்
செம்மொழியான நம் தமிழ் மொழியாம்!

அகமென்றும் புறமென்றும் வாழ்வை
அழகாக வகுத்தளித்து
ஆதி அந்தமிலாது இருக்கின்ற இனிய மொழி -
ஓதி வளரும் உயிரான உலக மொழி -
நம் மொழி நம் மொழி - அதுவே
செம்மொழி செம்மொழி -நம் தமிழ் மொழியாம்!
வாழிய வாழியவே! வாழிய வாழியவே! வாழிய வாழியவே!

இந்தப் பாடலுக்கு இசையமைப்பது குறித்து முதல்வர் கருணாநிதியுடன் அவரது இல்லத்தில் நேற்று ஆலோசனை நடத்தினார் ஏஆர் ரஹ்மான். துணை முதல்வர் மு.க. ஸ்டாலின், கனிமொழி எம்.பி., பாடகி பாம்பே ஜெயஸ்ரீ ஆகியோர் உடன் இருந்தனர்.

கிராமி விருது-யுஸ் கிளம்பினார் ரஹ்மான்:

இந் நிலையில் அமெரிக்காவி்ல் நடக்கும் கிராமி விருது விழாவில் பங்கேற்க ரஹ்மான் அந் நாட்டுக் கிளம்பிச் சென்றுள்ளார்.

இசைத் துறையில் மிகவும் உயர்ந்த விருதாகக் கருதப்படுவது கிராமி. சிறந்த திரைப்பட பாடல்கள் மற்றும் சினிமா அல்லாத இசைக்கு இந்த விருது வழங்கப்படுகிறது.

லாஸ் ஏஞ்சல்ஸ் நகரில் நாளை நடக்கும் இந்த விழாவில், ஏஆர் ரஹ்மானின் இசையில் உருவான ஸ்லம்டாக் மில்லியனேர் படத்தில் இடம்பெற்ற, ஆஸ்கர் விருது வென்ற ஜெய் ஹோ பாடல் பரிந்துரைக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது.

சிறந்த ஒலிப்பதிவு மற்றும் சிறந்த பாடல் பிரிவுகளில் ஜெய் ஹோ... பரிந்துரை செய்யப்பட்டுள்ளது.

இந்தப் பாடலுக்கு நிச்சயம் கிராமி விருது கிடைக்கும் என்று நம்பப்படுகிறது.

A.ANAND
30th January 2010, 09:35 PM
[tscii:c54ffa433a]Rahman¡¯s humility

AR Rahman is a humble person. While others are jumping up and down at receiving these awards, there is this brilliant Oscar winning music maker who prefers to take it slow and easy and does not want to over react at the award. ¡°Receiving the Padmabhushan is a huge honour and I'm grateful to the Government of India for considering me worthy of it. I also want to thank the billion people of India and fans worldwide for their love, support and encouragement which inspire me,¡± is what he has to offer. And that humility makes us understand that this man is worth a lot more

http://movies.indiainfo.com/article/100130131134_rahmans_humility/799880.html
[/tscii:c54ffa433a]

sathya_1979
31st January 2010, 05:51 AM
Came back today morning after a week's trip to Madurai and Tenkasi. Thalaivarukku belated Padma Bushan Wishes :D

shocker
1st February 2010, 03:40 AM
Congratulations to double Grammy award winner A. R. Rahman!

Yathu
1st February 2010, 04:47 AM
Two Oscars, two Grammys!!!

People talk about reaching the pinnacle, I think this is it!

ARR, worthy of every award and accolade. :notworthy:

littlemaster1982
1st February 2010, 06:36 AM
:victory: :victory: :redjump: :bluejump: Congratulations AR Rahman for winning Grammy Awards :bluejump: :redjump: :victory: :victory:

music man
1st February 2010, 06:37 AM
Our hearty congratulations to ARR for winning 2 Grammys..

A.ANAND
1st February 2010, 07:27 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!2 GRAMMY WINNER!GRAMMY NAYAGAN ANNAN A.R.RAHMAN VAZHGA :bluejump: :redjump: :boo: :cheer: :happydance: :victory: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

ajaybaskar
1st February 2010, 07:42 AM
Thalaiva... U rock...

sathya_1979
1st February 2010, 08:23 AM
Grammya Kalaignan Vaazhga!

MADDY
1st February 2010, 08:43 AM
remba saadharanama win panraru - eppadi idhellam 8-) .......

ajaybaskar
1st February 2010, 08:44 AM
ARR's interview after winning the Grammys..

'Hey guys back in India, We have won 2 Grammys tonight. Thanks for the support'.

Naama Enna pannoamnu ivaru nammalaiyum serthukittaaru???

sathya_1979
1st February 2010, 08:44 AM
Aduthadhu Noble Parisudhaan (Vera edhaachum irukkaa) ? :think:

AudazJay
1st February 2010, 09:04 AM
:bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump:
Congrats Rahman Sir! May success crown you with glory always!
:cheer: :happydance: :cheer: :happydance: :cheer: :happydance:

satissh_r
1st February 2010, 09:06 AM
Aduthadhu Noble Parisudhaan (Vera edhaachum irukkaa) ? :think:The complete weekend for us :) Jai Ho Rahman!

Jyothsna
1st February 2010, 09:18 AM
:redjump: :cheer: :happydance: :cheer: :happydance: :cheer: :happydance: CONGRATS RAHMAN :redjump: :cheer: :happydance: :cheer: :happydance: :cheer: :happydance: :cool2:

MADDY
1st February 2010, 09:21 AM

yes,

Noble prize
British Sir title
honorary post in UN
President of India
Bharat Ratna

indha madhiri pala milestones innum baakki irukku 8-)

littlemaster1982
1st February 2010, 09:41 AM
Message from ARR after winning the Grammy (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=292164217992)

P.S: Haven't checked if this is the right video

Scale
1st February 2010, 10:09 AM
inimel endha award koduthaalum 2 x 2 kudukkanum :goodidea:

baroque
1st February 2010, 10:11 AM
CONGRATS, Rahman!
Wishing you luck always! :musicsmile:
:bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump:
Expecting a private classical instrumental album soon from you!
vinatha. :)

littlemaster1982
1st February 2010, 10:14 AM
"Insane eh ? I never even dreamt about winning all these awards..I once again want to thank the Almighty, my spiritual Sufi teachers, Ameen Peerullah Malik Sahib,Danny Boyle, Fox and the whole slumdog creative team, all the awesome actors in the movie, MIA and Resul Pookutty,My whole team, Gulzarji, Sukvinder Singh, Tanvi Shah, Vijay Prakash,My friend and sound engineer the late H Sridhar, Deepak PA, Chetan, Vivianne Chaix, Aditya Modi, Sivakumar, Noell James, Ganesh, Faiz, Anne-Marie, Ranjit Barot and the folks at Nirvana, My agents Sam Schwartz and Amos Newman,My friends Karan, Gopal and Vijay, Deepak Gattani, Mohan Chopra, Chris and Simon Long, My mentor Maniratnam, mentors in Mumbai Shekhar Kapur and Subhash Ghai, and mentor in the west, Andrew Lloyd WebberFolks at id-PR, Allison and Courtney, My extraordinary musicians from Chennai and Mumbai,My mother, My father, my Sisters and my lovely wife and children,And all my well wishers from the world who keep me going... Jaiho India...!" A R R

- From ARR facebook page.

sha
1st February 2010, 10:52 AM
u made my day... Congrats ARR... sweets again,,,,,

Scale
1st February 2010, 10:54 AM
I have always wanted ARR to compose a private, international album and win these grammies. "Jai Ho" mantra Idhayum vittu vaikkalai
:) (VM should have got more int recognition) Movies score aside, I want ARR to concentrate on private albums and wish he strikes back again.

ajithfederer
1st February 2010, 11:16 AM
:clap:

Congrats ARR.

SoftSword
1st February 2010, 12:11 PM
congrats thalaiva........... :notworthy:
u made india proud, and especially the fans to be so proud in front of others...

today in the morning i saw so many colleagues of mine coming to my cube and congratulating me for ARR to have won the grammies...

naanae win panna madhiri oru mariyadhai... idha vida oru fan'a vera enna edhirpaakka mudiyum...

when u compose, the world sings!!

sathya_1979
1st February 2010, 12:18 PM

yes,

Noble prize
British Sir title
honorary post in UN
President of India
Bharat Ratna

indha madhiri pala milestones innum baakki irukku 8-)

Mukkiyamaana onnu vittuteenga - "President of the World" :D

sathya_1979
1st February 2010, 12:19 PM
Aduthadhu Noble Parisudhaan (Vera edhaachum irukkaa) ? :think:The complete weekend for us :) Jai Ho Rahman!
Ejjatly! Sachin SA kooda oru Century pottaa, will complete my Feb :D

A.ANAND
1st February 2010, 12:20 PM
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=153058&id=63441126719&ref=mf

ajaybaskar
1st February 2010, 12:21 PM
Congrats, Softsword...

A.ANAND
1st February 2010, 01:10 PM
Rahman Strikes Gold at Grammys

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/videos/watch/17153/rahman-strikes-gold-grammys.html

A.ANAND
1st February 2010, 01:15 PM
sarva satharanama 2 grammy adichittu poitaru'yya! :omg:

littlemaster1982
1st February 2010, 01:20 PM
[tscii:87b3d0e5e4]கிராமி நாயகன்! (http://www.luckylookonline.com/2010/02/blog-post.html)

நான் பணிபுரியும் பத்திரிகைக்கு ஒரு ஒவ்வாமை உண்டு. அது பிரபலங்கள் குறித்தானது. மற்ற பத்திரிகைகளிடம் இருந்து எங்கள் பத்திரிகை வேறுபடும் புள்ளியும் அதுதான். எங்களுக்கு கலைஞரோ, புரட்சித்தலைவியோ, சூப்பர்ஸ்டாரோ பிரபலம் அல்ல. எங்களுடைய பிரபலங்கள் திருப்பூண்டியிலும், கொட்டிக்காரம்பட்டியிலும் இருக்கிறார்கள். சென்னையில் குளிர் அறைகளில் முன் அனுமதி பெற்று நாங்கள் யாரையும் பேட்டி எடுப்பதில்லை. அரசுப்பேருந்தில் முன்னூறு, நானூறு கிலோ மீட்டர் பயணித்து வயலில் களை பிடுங்கிக் கொண்டிருப்பவரையும், சைக்கிளை மாங்கு மாங்குவென்று மிதித்துக் கொண்டிருப்பவரையும் பேட்டி எடுப்பதே எங்களது வழக்கமாக இருக்கிறது.

முதல்வர் கலைஞரின் போட்டோ கூட ஒரே ஒருமுறைதான் எங்கள் பத்திரிகையில் இதுவரை வெளிவந்திருக்கிறது. அதுவும்கூட அட்டைப்படச் செய்தியாக வந்ததால், முக்கியத்துவம் கருதி, பாஸ்போர்ட் அளவில்தான்.

முதன்முறையாக ஒரு விதிவிலக்கு : பத்மபூஷன் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான்!

நான் இங்கே பணிக்கு சேர்ந்தபோதே, என்னுடைய சீனியர் கல்யாண்சார் எங்கள் பத்திரிகையின் புதிய தலைமுறைக்கு ஒரு வாக்கு கொடுத்திருந்தார். “நாம எல்லாருமா போய் ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமானை சந்திச்சு பேட்டி எடுக்கலாம்!”.

கல்யாண்சாரை பற்றி இங்கே குறிப்பிட வேண்டியது அவசியம். 80களின் தொடக்கத்தில் ‘திசைகள்’ கண்டெடுத்த முத்துக்களில் ஒருவர். சினிமா தொடர்பானவர் என்பதால் பிரபலமான சினிமா பத்திரிகையாளராக உருவெடுத்தவர். இந்தியா டுடே தமிழில் தொடங்கப்பட்டபோது அதில் பணியில் இருந்தவர். துணை ஆசிரியராக பணியாற்றியவர். இதெல்லாவற்றையும் விட மிக முக்கியமாக குறிப்பிடப்பட வேண்டியது என்னவென்றால், ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானை ரோஜா வெளிவருவதற்கு முன்பாகவே முதன்முதலாக பேட்டி எடுத்த பத்திரிகையாளர். இதன்மூலமாக கிட்டத்தட்ட பதினெட்டு வருடங்களாக தொழில் அடிப்படையில் மட்டுமல்லாமல், தனிப்பட்ட முறையிலும் ரஹ்மானுக்கு நண்பராக இருப்பவர். இன்று தமிழ் சினிமாத் தொழிலில் இருப்பவர்களில் கிட்டத்தட்ட எழுபத்தி ஐந்து சதவிகிதம் பேராவது கல்யாண்சாரின் நண்பராக இருப்பார்கள்.

கல்யாண்சார் எங்களுக்கு வாக்கு கொடுத்து ஆறு மாதங்களுக்கு மேலாகிவிட்டதால், அவ்வப்போது அவரை நச்சரித்துக் கொண்டிருந்தோம். இரண்டு மாதங்களுக்கு முன்பாக ஒரு மின்னஞ்சல் அனுப்பினார். பேட்டிக்கு ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் ஒப்புக்கொண்டார். தேதி மட்டும் முடிவாகவில்லை. அதே நேரத்தில் எங்கள் ஆசிரியரின் அனுமதிக்கு காத்திருந்தோம். ‘பிரபல ஒவ்வாமை’ காரணமாக ஆசிரியர் அனுமதிப்பாரா என்ற சந்தேகம் எங்களுக்கு இருந்தது.

ஆசிரியருக்கு ரஹ்மானின் இசை குறித்த பெரிய அபிப்ராயம் இருப்பதாக அவரது பேச்சில் தெரியவில்லை. ‘அவரது இசையில் நேட்டிவிட்டி மிஸ்ஸிங்’ என்பதாக அவர் நினைக்கிறார் என்று கருதுகிறேன். மேலும் அவர் இளையராஜா ரசிகராகவும் இருக்கக்கூடும் என்றும் யூகிக்கிறேன். ஒவ்வொரு மேடையிலும் ‘எல்லாப் புகழும் இறைவனுக்கே’ என்று ரஹ்மான் க்ளிஷேவாக சொல்லுவார். ஆயினும் ஆஸ்கர் வாங்கியபோது ‘எனக்கு இரண்டு வழி இருந்தது. ஒன்று அன்பு, மற்றொன்று வெறுப்பு. அன்பு பாதையை தேர்ந்தெடுத்தேன். ஆஸ்கர் வரை வந்தேன்’ என்ற ரஹ்மானின் கருத்து ஆசிரியரை மிகவும் கவர்ந்திருந்தது. வாழ்ந்து முடித்த ஒருவருக்கு வந்து சேரவேண்டிய முதிர்ச்சி இளைஞரான ரஹ்மானுக்கு வாய்த்திருப்பது குறித்த ஆச்சரியம் ஆசிரியருக்கு இருந்தது. பாரம்பரியமிக்க ஆஸ்கர் மேடையில் ரஹ்மானால் தமிழ் முதன்முதலாக உச்சரிக்கப்பட்டு தமிழுக்கு பெருமையும் சேர்ந்தது. இதுவே நாங்கள் அவரை பேட்டியெடுப்பதற்கான நியாயத்தையும் தந்தது.

பொங்கல் விடுமுறை முடிந்து, ஒருநாள் மாலை ஐந்து மணிக்கு பேட்டி என்பதாக முடிவாகி இருந்தது. அன்றைய தினம் பிற்பகலில் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் இசையமைத்த ஆங்கிலப் படம் ஒன்றின் இசை வெளியீட்டு நிகழ்ச்சியும் சென்னையில் நடந்தது. ஐந்து மணியளவில் கோடம்பாக்கத்தில் இருக்கும் அவரது வீட்டில் எங்கள் குழு ஆஜர். குழுவிலிருந்த நானும், தோழர் கவின்மலரும் தீவிர இளையராஜா ரசிகர்கள். அதிஷா ஒரு பலபட்டறை. சமீபமாக விஜய் ஆண்டனியின் குத்துப்பாடல்களுக்கு ரசிகராக இருக்கிறார். புகைப்படக் கலைஞர் அறிவழகன் மட்டும் தீவிர ஏ.ஆர். விசிறி. கல்யாண்சாருக்கும் ஏ.ஆரின் இசை பிடிக்குமா என்று தெரியாது. ஆனால் எம்.எஸ்.வியின் ரசிகர் என்று மட்டும் தெரியும்.

ஆங்கிலப்பட இசை வெளியீட்டு நிகழ்ச்சி நீண்டு கொண்டிருந்ததால், ஆறு மணி ஆகியும் ஏ.ஆர். வீடு வந்துசேரவில்லை. அந்த ஒரு மணி நேரத்தில் கல்யாண்சார் ரஹ்மானுடனான தனது முதல் பேட்டியில் தொடங்கி, அவருடனான அனுபவங்களை சொல்லிக் கொண்டிருந்தார். திரையுலகில் பெரும் பொருள் ஈட்டியும், அப்பாவுடைய அதே வீட்டில் ரஹ்மான் வசிக்கிறார் என்று குறிப்பிட்டார். ஒரு வெள்ளிக்கிழமை மதிய நேரத்தில் சந்திக்க வந்தபோது, ‘தொழுகை முடிச்சிட்டு வந்துடறேனே!’ என்று சொல்லி, ஒரு பிரைவேட் ஆட்டோவில் ஏறிச்சென்ற ரஹ்மானின் எளிமையை விவரித்துச் சொன்னார். ரஹ்மானின் வீட்டு மாடியில் பாகிஸ்தான் கொடி பறக்கிறது என்று ஒரு புலனாய்வு இதழ் பரபரப்பு கிளப்பியதின் பின்னணி குறித்தும் பகிர்ந்துகொண்டார்.

மூத்தப் பத்திரிகையாளரான கல்யாண்சாரின் அனுபவங்கள் சுவையாக ஓடிக்கொண்டிருந்தபோதே, ஆஸ்கர்நாயகன் வந்துவிட்டார் என்ற தகவல் கிடைத்தது. அவரது பிரத்யேக அலுவல் அறையில் அமர்த்தப்பட்டோம். ரோஜாவில் வாங்கிய விருதில் தொடங்கி, நூற்றுக்கணக்கான விருதுகள் பார்வைக்கு வைக்கப்பட்டிருந்தது. ஆஸ்கரும், தேசிய விருதுகளும் மட்டும் மிஸ்ஸிங் என்று நினைக்கிறேன். ரோஜா படத்துக்கு இசையமைத்தபோது, அவர் வாசித்த கீபோர்டு சுவரில் மாட்டிவைக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது (படத்தில் பார்க்கவும்).

ஐந்து நிமிடத்தில் இசைப்புயல் கருப்புச் சட்டையில் நுழைந்தது. ஜீனியஸ், அமைதியானவர் என்றெல்லாம் ஊடகங்கள் மூலமாக அவர் குறித்த கற்பிதம் வைத்திருந்த எனக்கு, அவரது பழகும் முறை ஆச்சரியமளித்தது. ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் ஒரு டிபிக்கல் சென்னை இளைஞர். அவரது பேச்சுத்தமிழ் இலகுவானதும், நட்பானதும் ஆகும். இடையிடையே ஏதாவது ஜோக்கடித்துவிட்டு, இதையெல்லாம் எழுதாதீங்க என்கிறார். சக்கரைக்கட்டி படத்தின் தோல்வி அவரை நிரம்பவும் நோகடித்திருக்கிறது. ஒருவேளை நான் மியூசிக் போடலேன்னா அந்தப்படம் வேறமாதிரி வந்து ஹிட் ஆகியிருக்கும் என்கிறார்.

ஆஸ்கர் மேடையில் அவரது பேச்சுக்குறித்து கேட்டபோது, ”அன்பு பாதை என்பது அடக்கமான பாதை. விமர்சனங்களை கண்டு நான் பதிலளிக்க முனைந்திருந்தால் அது வெறுப்புப் பாதையாக இருந்திருக்கும். ஆஸ்கர் வரை என்னால் சென்றிருக்க முடியாது” என்று விளக்கமளித்தார். கிட்டத்தட்ட ஒன்றரை மணி நேரம் நீண்ட நீளமான பேட்டி அது. ஒரு நண்பரிடம் கேஷுவலாக உரையாற்றும் உணர்வையே தந்தது. எந்த ஒரு நொடியிலும் உலகரங்கில் உயரமான இடத்தில் இருக்கும் ஒருவரோடு பேசிக்கொண்டிருக்கிறோம் என்ற எண்ணமே வரவில்லை.

‘விண்ணைத் தாண்டி வருவாயா?’ குறித்து நல்ல நம்பிக்கையில் இருக்கிறார். என்னை ஆச்சரியப்படுத்திய இன்னொரு விஷயம், தேவாவின் கானா பாடல்களை ஏ.ஆர். தீவிரமாக ரசிக்கிறார் என்பது. ஒவ்வொரு இசையமைப்பாளரும் இசையின் நல்ல வடிவங்களை மக்களிடம் பரவலாக்குகிறார்கள். தேவா சென்னை இசையை தமிழர்களிடையே பரவலாக்கியிருக்கிறார் என்று குறிப்பிட்டார்.

நேரம் நீண்டுவிட்டதால், “முடிச்சுக்கலாமா?” என்று எங்களிடமே அனுமதி கேட்டார். முடிச்சுக்கிட்டப் பிறகு, பத்திரிகையாளர்களாக இல்லாமல் தனிப்பட்ட முறையில் அவரோடு தனித்தனியாக புகைப்படம் எடுத்துக் கொண்டோம். தீவிர ஏ.ஆர். வெறியரான எங்கள் புகைப்படக் கலைஞர், அவரது மாஸ் ஹிட்டுகள் குறித்த தனது அபிப்ராயங்களை கட்டுப்படுத்த முடியாத உணர்ச்சிகளோடு கொட்டியபோது, அமைதியாக புன்முறுவலோடு ரசித்தார்.

ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானின் அந்தப் பேட்டி, அடுத்தவார ‘புதிய தலைமுறை’ இதழில் வெளிவரும்.
[/tscii:87b3d0e5e4]

satissh_r
1st February 2010, 02:53 PM
Ejjatly! Sachin SA kooda oru Century pottaa, will complete my Feb :D Am sure he will :)

sathya_1979
1st February 2010, 03:52 PM
Unga vaai muhurtham palikkattum, unga veettukku oru kilo sweet vaangittu varren

<< End Digression>>

P_R
1st February 2010, 04:29 PM
[tscii:21bf68e88a]http://www.luckylookonline.com/2010/02/blog-post.html

ஆஸ்கர் மேடையில் அவரது பேச்சுக்குறித்து கேட்டபோது, ”அன்பு பாதை என்பது அடக்கமான பாதை. விமர்சனங்களை கண்டு நான் பதிலளிக்க முனைந்திருந்தால் அது வெறுப்புப் பாதையாக இருந்திருக்கும். ஆஸ்கர் வரை என்னால் சென்றிருக்க முடியாது” என்று விளக்கமளித்தார்.

IMO, the most impressive line of the iarticle is

சக்கரைக்கட்டி படத்தின் தோல்வி அவரை நிரம்பவும் நோகடித்திருக்கிறது. ஒருவேளை நான் மியூசிக் போடலேன்னா அந்தப்படம் வேறமாதிரி வந்து ஹிட் ஆகியிருக்கும் என்கிறார்.
[/tscii:21bf68e88a]

Rocky89
1st February 2010, 06:23 PM
:clap: :notworthy: amazing!

Ramakrishna
1st February 2010, 07:30 PM
Oh

Benny Lava
1st February 2010, 08:21 PM
Oh

:lol: Same here!

Anyway, Isainayaganukku manamaarndha vaazhthukkal :2thumbsup:

app_engine
1st February 2010, 08:30 PM
Golden Globe, Oscar, Padmabhushan, Grammy!

Four cheers to ARR!

I think he has very few things left to win / conquer in the world :-)

ajaybaskar
1st February 2010, 08:32 PM
[tscii:e30a5ce0f2]REACTIONS FROM BOLLYWOOD ON RAHMAN'S GRAMMY WINS

New Delhi, Feb 1 (IANS) The Hindi film industry is elated after music maestro A.R. Rahman triumphed at the 52nd annual Grammy Awards by scooping two golden gramophones. From Gulzar and Javed Akhtar to Shyam Benegal and Subhash Ghai, all feel he has taken Indian music places and made the country proud.

Members of Bollywood praised the dedication of the 44-year-old, who is also a double Oscar winner. This is what they had to say.

Gulzar: We all are very proud of him. This magical musician has brought more honour to India, his family, fans, friends and his entire team. Such a young man has made his mark on the music map of the world. All of us should put him on our shoulders.

Javed Akhtar: He is great! Rahman has taken India’s music places.

Imtiaz Ali: It fills me with pride. Also makes me think if he is getting this much accolade for ‘Jai ho’, wonder what the reaction of the West will be when they discover the rest of Rahman? I’m waiting to see the man go from strength to strength.

Shyam Benegal: Fantastic…Rahman is the greatest.

Subhash Ghai: I am proud of Rahman as a special friend and composer who made India proud in the world of music. It’s his true dedication towards innovative music and his connection with divine energies. Bravo Rahman!

Sulaiman Merchant: I would like to congratulate Rahman for his consecutive wins at the Oscars and Grammys. He has taken Indian music into the international arena.

Javed Ali: I am feeling on top of the world. I think this is the best award and I have worked with him, that’s why I think this is my award too.

Sukhwinder Singh: I am extremely happy for Rahman. As I have said earlier, I had been hoping for international recognition for him since ‘Roja’. So I am not at all surprised.

Vishal Dadlani: Two Grammys for Rahman, congratulations! God is great and India is truly proud.

Sunidhi Chauhan: It’s great news. He truly deserves it… heartiest congratulations to him.

Manoj Bajpayee: We all are proud of Rahman. He has opened doors for other music directors and we will be thankful to him for his contribution… I have no words to explain it. My best wishes to him.

Mallika Sherawat: Congrats A.R. (Rahman)…congrats India! Jai ho! (I’m) so proud.

Lara Dutta: Rahman congratulations! That’s a fantastic achievement. We wish you many more. God bless.

Shreya Ghoshal: What great news to wake up to this morning - double Grammy. This is just the beginning, sir. So proud of you. Hearty congratulations.

Purab Kohli: Rahman’s music has always been moving and inspiring. As Indians, we always knew that. It was only a matter of time that the world would notice. Congratulations to him. Jai ho!

Raghav Sachar: Heartiest congratulations, well deserved Grammys, besides “Jai ho”, all the work over the years. And thanks for opening the world for India in music.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/bollywood-cheers-as-rahman-scoops-double-grammys_100313064.html

[/tscii:e30a5ce0f2]

littlemaster1982
1st February 2010, 09:59 PM
[html:51ca52e3b3]http://celluloidtamil.com/wp-content/gallery/grammy-awards/grammy-awards62.jpg[/html:51ca52e3b3]

[html:51ca52e3b3]http://celluloidtamil.com/wp-content/gallery/grammy-awards/grammy-awards63.jpg[/html:51ca52e3b3]

[html:51ca52e3b3]http://celluloidtamil.com/wp-content/gallery/grammy-awards/grammy-awards64.jpg[/html:51ca52e3b3]

[html:51ca52e3b3]http://celluloidtamil.com/wp-content/gallery/grammy-awards/grammy-awards65.jpg[/html:51ca52e3b3]

[html:51ca52e3b3]http://celluloidtamil.com/wp-content/gallery/grammy-awards/grammy-awards66.jpg[/html:51ca52e3b3]

baroque
1st February 2010, 11:02 PM
BEAUTIFUL Person indeed! :)
vinatha. :D

ramk1
2nd February 2010, 02:32 AM
For ARR, you cannot deny being happy about him getting these awards. I believe he would be the most popular indian in the world after Gandhi.

MusicIsLife
2nd February 2010, 07:38 AM
Nice.. way to go ARR...

rajasaranam
2nd February 2010, 09:24 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

கைதட்டி கைதட்டி வலிக்குதுப்பா :D
அதுக்குள்ளா அடுத்த ஆஸ்கார் வேற ரெடி பன்னிட்டு இருக்காங்களாம் :oops:

A.ANAND
2nd February 2010, 10:10 AM
Golden boy Rahman makes India proud with double Grammys

http://www.siliconindia.com/shownews/Golden_boy_Rahman_makes_India_proud_with_double_Gr ammys-nid-65075-cid-1.html

A.ANAND
2nd February 2010, 10:19 AM
Rahman is amazing: Baz Luhrmann

http://sify.com/movies/bollywood/fullstory.php?id=14929733

ajaybaskar
2nd February 2010, 10:26 AM
Accepting for Best Compilation Soundtrack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkkQYNTvy3A

For download: http://www.mediafire.com/?zwttdyqhamn

Accepting for Best Written Song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx1EFJLKydU

Source: ARRYG

A.ANAND
2nd February 2010, 12:33 PM
[tscii:6ca434b099]
A R Rahman nominated for IFMCA Award
By: RnM Team 01 Feb 10 13:45 IST

MUMBAI: The International Film Music Critics Association has nominated A R Rahman in the category of Best Original Score for a Comedy Film ¡®Couples Retreat¡¯ which marked his entry into Hollywood in 2009.

The other film and music directors nominated in the same category are James Newton Howard for Duplicity, Marvin Hamlisch for The Informant, Alexandre Desplat for Julie and Julia and Debbie Wiseman for Lesbian Vampire Killers.

NaNa from Couples Retreat has already been nominated for 82nd Academy Awards nominations. The International Film Music Critics will be announcing the winners of its Sixth Annual Awards on February 26, 2010.

Rahman has already bagged two Grammies for Slumdog Millionaire's Jai Ho at the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards 2010.

http://www.radioand music.com/ content/editoria l/news/a- r-rahman- nominated- ifmca-award

[/tscii:6ca434b099]

A.ANAND
2nd February 2010, 12:42 PM
Rahman's journey from Bombay to Delhi 6

http://www.ndtv.com/news/videos/video_player.php?id=1198270

A.ANAND
2nd February 2010, 12:49 PM
TN CM congratulates Rahman on his Grammy win

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advertisement
Share Print E-mail Comment[ - ] Text [ + ]STAFF WRITER 11:45 HRS IST
Chennai, Feb 2(PTI) Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi today congratulated Oscar winner A R Rahman for bringing home two Grammy awards, saying Tamil Nadu is proud that he had bagged the "highest global music awards".

"Tamil Nadu feels proud on this grand occasion of her son getting the highest global music awards. I am extremely happy that you have been rightly chosen for two prestigious Grammy Awards," Karunanidhi told Rahman in a telegram sent to him.

He congratulated Rahman on "attaining the top position in music."

Rahman, known as 'Mozart of Madras', scooped two trophies at the Grammy Awards, winning in the category of Best Compilation Soundtrack Album for a Motion Picture for 'Slumdog Millionaire' and for Best song written for Motion Picture for 'Jai Ho.

A.ANAND
2nd February 2010, 01:17 PM
[tscii:18d938333d]Padma Bhushan means more than Oscar or Grammy: Rahman

IndiaFM | Tuesday, 02 February , 2010, 11:50

After winning the Oscars and the Padma Bhushan, it was Grammy time for A R Rahman. On January 31, his music for Slumdog Millionaire won two Grammy awards, setting Rahman's global score even higher in 2010 than it was last year.

Reacting to the double Grammy whammy, Rahman said, "I never even dreamt about winning all these awards."

Congratulate A R Rahman!

However, Rahman admitted he was happier to receive the Padma Bhushan. What he is unhappy about is that a lot of deserving artistes still remain unrecognised. "There are so many deserving candidates for the National Awards still unsung. On the other hand, I believe people with dubious records get recognised. That isn't fair,?he said. “Personally speaking, I'm very happy to get the Padma Bhushan. Ever since the announcement, my phone hasn't stopped ringing. I think I've received more congratulations for the Padma than for the Oscars."

Rahman said he's prouder of the Padma Bhushan than the Oscar. "It definitely means more when you're recognised by your own people and country. I definitely value this award more than the Oscar or Grammy," said Rahman. "My award comes in a category that won't be televised. So it won't be like Slumdog Millionaire where people back home could watch me."

Images: A R Rahman's double Grammy win | Chennai celebrates Rahman’s Grammy

Much has been said about the two Padma winners Rahman and sound designer Resul Pookutty's disappointing collaboration in Blue. But Rahman stands by Blue. "The script was a bummer. But grant the director Anthony D'Souza for the fact that he tried something different. I enjoyed doing Blue."

Our resident Mozart is amused by premature reports in the press that his song Na Na from his first Hollywood soundtrack has been nominated for the Oscar.

"Na Na has been short listed and it is one of 63 songs in the race. Not nominated yet," he said.

http://sify.com/movies/bollywood/fullstory.php?id=14929760

[/tscii:18d938333d]

sathya_1979
2nd February 2010, 01:33 PM
I love you ARR more than ever for being a model human being, apart from being the greatest composer of the country & the world! I bow to you :notworthy:

You are a true example against the famous saying "Nice guys finish last". You are a rare breed of life which is of highest quality in the universe.

May you keep spreading the messages such a love, humility, respect for fellow living beings etc.

MADDY
2nd February 2010, 01:37 PM
[tscii]Padma Bhushan means more than Oscar or Grammy: Rahman[/quote]

its a bit disappointing to see him say this

sathya_1979
2nd February 2010, 01:41 PM
Maddy, I think he had said this to emphasize that the award given by his own countrymen / government for his achievements is more valuable than any other award.

A.ANAND
2nd February 2010, 02:03 PM
[tscii:5b0b73b401]Deepika loves Rahman

Deepika Padukone is reveling with AR Rahman. Nope she's not out there celebrating with the music maestro after the Grammy Awards, but she has been sitting and listening to all his songs. ¡°I heard the track from Couple¡¯s Retreat as well. It is terrific. I love Rahman¡¯s music and loving being his fan as well,¡± says the actress who is busy in the middle of the promotions of the film Karthik Calling Karthik which is making her move from one place to the other repeatedly. Couple¡¯s Retreat has received a nomination for Rahman¡¯s music and it could be reason for us and Deepika as well to celebrate Rahman yet again.

http://movies.indiainfo.com/article/100202125805_deepika_loves_rahman/810349.html[/tscii:5b0b73b401]

SoftSword
2nd February 2010, 02:26 PM
Maddy, I think he had said this to emphasize that the award given by his own countrymen / government for his achievements is more valuable than any other award.

adha dhaan avaru thelivavae sollirukkarae...
maddy range'ae vera...
he is only interested in international accolades and engagements...
ellarumae avara madhri waeld movie lovera iruppangala....

sathya_1979
2nd February 2010, 02:35 PM
Power Ranger Maadhiri, Maddykku "Waeld Ranger" apdinnu oru pattam kodukkalaam :D

A.ANAND
2nd February 2010, 02:39 PM
Grammys - On the front page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrahmanfans/sets/72157623332614806/

-arryg

ajaybaskar
2nd February 2010, 04:30 PM
I am also a great admirer of AR Rahman - Sachin

"I am also a great admirer of AR Rehman. I felt very proud when he had won the Oscars. We were playing in New Zealand then. From there I had sent him a text," he added.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/Sachin-Tendulkar-derives-inspiration-from-Bollywood-trio/articleshow/5527153.cms

SoftSword
2nd February 2010, 04:46 PM
similar words he told abt arr during the jai-ho in chennai...

baba88
2nd February 2010, 06:47 PM
even if arr gets nominated for an oscar he probably wont win this time. maybe next year

SoftSword
2nd February 2010, 06:49 PM
even if arr gets nominated for an oscar he probably wont win this time. maybe next year

as if last time he was a probable to win...

A.ANAND
2nd February 2010, 07:20 PM
[tscii:a570b20f53]An inspiring story of A R Rahman

Few weeks back I wrote an article on M.S Dhoni and the lessons from his unique leadership style. We have another role model who has mastered excellence in his profession and brought the whole world under his feet - The Music Legend - A.R Rahman.

Is there any thing common in these two youth icons of our country ? Yes,commitment to excellence is their DNA. Winning is their habit and they always perform at ' WOW '! Aiming for perfection and winning the competitive edge are the things for what they crave constantly and add them to their attitude. The next thing is performance. During any moment of the day, their performance is EXCELLENCE. Performance is their language and they understand the language of result only.

If you pick up any newspaper or see the web or watch the news these days, chances are that you will find an interview of A.R.Rahman. He is all over the place after his OSCAR achievement and he really deserves it! All of us have been seeing videos of his arrival back to India and his press conferences with excitement.

Today, A.R. Rahman is one of the world's most successful musicians. With a brand name like Rahman, movies rake in millions. But it isn't just Rahman's exceptional enthusiasm that's so contagious, but also the quality and success of the work he's churning out. The man has redefined contemporary Indian music and has become an icon for millions all over the world.

Like everyone, I have known him and his music right from the time 'Roja' was released in 1992.. that's a good 17 years! Everyone speaks of his music, and what he eats, sleeps, drinks and what he does when he is free and so on so forth. But really, there are things much beyond that one needs to know and learn from the legend that A.R.Rahman is. With so many people who speak so high of him at all times, there are some things that are unsaid and certain things that we so easily ignore about Rahman, that makes him stand apart from the clutter.

The musical genius that Rahman is, most of that comes from his being and principles. Rahman's success presents some valuable tips to us which can be applied to our professional lives and achieve our goals. And on that note, with the little that I know of him, let me share some of the learnings from A.R.Rahman.

1. Family - Respect your Parents

It might be very easy to brush this fact aside, but the truth is Rahman has always loved, respected and adored his parents. With his father R.K.Shekar leaving for heavenly abode when Rahman was nine years old, Rahman's mother Kareema Begum, gave Rahman a new ray of hope and fresh lease of life. She painfully raised the family, and is one of the driving factors of why Rahman is a legend today.

Remember what he said when he received his first OSCAR award, " Mere paas ma hai, which means I have nothing but I have a mother, so mother's here, her blessings are there with me. I'm grateful for her to have come all the way ". Which other music composer or for that matter which other media/entertainment/corporate personality do we know who follows this principle. How many of us will openly show our love and respect to our parents like him. That makes him truly unique.

2. Belief - Be Spiritually inclined

A.R.Rahman believes in god and spiritualism. Its not about the fact that he follows Islam, and offers prayers 5 times a day…its much more than that. I believe there is a huge difference between being religious and being spiritual, of which the latter is what Rahman is made of. In a recent interview Rahman revealed that, "Religion sounds vulgar these days, I am more of a spiritual person. And I believe in being consistent with my spirituality. As one grows in life, one realizes the magnitude of spirituality. It is the most beautiful passion. It raises you above all the negativities. For me and my music, spirituality is the most important element and I don't think I can create the kind of music I do, if I don't practice spirituality."

Spirituality has not only made him connect to his music, but has also made him connect to humanity. When he received his second OSCAR, he said " all my life I had a choice of hate and love and I chose love and I am here, god bless " . That's the powerful message of his spirituality!

3. Country First - Be Patriotic

Though Rahman acknowledges his accomplishment, after receiving OSCARS he quickly points out that this is a COLLECTIVE INDIAN VICTORY. He says, he is more happy because this is the first OSCAR for an Indian work and the whole country was waiting for this with bated breath and hence he wanted to get it. He says, now all Indian artists will be looked upon with more respect as we have shown what we are capable of. His patriotism is evident in all his patriotic songs including the latest " Jai Ho ". The way he sings ' vande mataram ' injects some kind of positive energy into our blood stream !

4. Roots - Don't leave your Soul

Mumbai the mecca of Indian films and the entertainment industry, a place where any and every musician will find a way out to survive and earn enough to feed him for the day. It would have been so easy for a musician like Rahman to go and settle in Mumbai and work for acclaimed filmmakers post " Roja and Bombay ". But the man preferred not leaving his home, his roots to a place where instant fame, recognition and money was assured. Of the many ignored facts, Rahman's major success lies in working from his home. Home is where your heart, mind, body and soul is.

With no distraction whatsoever, he has all his energies focused on doing quality work from the comfort of his home. It means a lot to be based out of the place where your family is, where your soul is..your home, your hometown.

5. Focus - Let your work speak for itself

Yes, let your work speak for itself. Many a times, there are instances where one will be criticized for the way he is, his dressing, his upbringing, his economic background. One will be made fun off, and will be called names. One will not get the support he expects to receive from his seniors and so on….But at the end of all this, if you have a strong will power you can overcome all these, and prove yourself with your work.

There was a time when Rahman was being humiliated by some critics, directors and producers over the kind of music he had scored, and all this when he was at the peak of his career. He could do nothing about it, and preferred to remain calm and unmoved. And when ever his work was released, it got an outstanding response and was embraced by the masses. This overwhelming response and success was a slap on the face of those critics, producers and directors. This tell us, all we need to do is to focus on what we are good at, not on the success it can bring. Success will follow us, our work will speak of itself.

6. Service - Consideration for others

Not many may have noticed that Rahman has introduced maybe a hundred new young singers to the Tamil and Hindi screens – his faith in the youth of India is evident in his statement that he would like youngsters to take a different view of music after his winning the OSCARS. Rahman has done what no other music director has done for the cause of music-starting a music school, the KM MUSIC CONSERVATORY. His objective for starting this school is to make Indian musicians have a global orchestra of their own. This is such an innovative idea and Rahman is spending a lot of time, money and energy towards realizing this noble musical mission!

Rahman is the UN ambassador for the campaign fighting against poverty and he has associated himself with many social causes. When he was in a state of probably disillusionment - one of the things his mother said to him was "why don't you live for others and then you will find a meaning to life". Rahman stuck to that and he does music to make people happy and to enrich their lives.

On the night he returned to India after receiving the OSCARS, his request that his fans ought not to disturb his neighbors in the dead of night attracts attention to a long forgotten quality in India—consideration for others.

7. Humility - Be Humble. Be Honest. Be Simple

With all the above in place, being humble, simple and honest is all that one needs to do to ensure a great life. With so much of stardom and attention after the Golden Globe and OSCARS, Rahman could have got carried away with the success, however he always chose work over publicity.

After winning the OSCARS, he was asked by the press, " what's left for you to achieve? " He replied in a polite way, " Well, I have not achieved anything. I have not ended poverty level. I have not stopped wars happening.For me these are achievements. And in my opinion, I am just a small musician who has got an award that is it " !

He carries no weight around him, and that makes him completely approachable and genuine. His childlike smile can pacify ones fear and anxiety of meeting him in person. Its like his smile speaks a thousand words. It depicts the purity of his heart and soul. Each and every success makes him more humble, honest and simple. What more we can learn from this winner!

Regardless of season he march towards rock climbing success. Even in tough time his eyes do not move away from excellence. Commitment, giving 100 percent, focusing on performance is the key ingredients to his success. Meeting challenges and riding over obstacles are in his blood cells. Transferring stumbling stones into opportunities with conviction and leading towards 'WOW' level is the essence of his success.

Through his eternal value and simple living A.R Rahman presents us with opportunities for professional success provided we learn from them, adapt them to our own situations and implement them appropriately.

He convey a message to all of us silently especially to the youth - " humble origins need not prevent us from aspiring for and achieving great success ". How does he convey this message ? Dil Se !

Shamim

http://shamimrafeek.blogspot.com/2009/03/ar-rahman-inspiring-story-of-success.html
[/tscii:a570b20f53]

music man
2nd February 2010, 07:21 PM
But this time, the nomination from Couples retreat is way too weak to win a Oscar.

But one thing still keeps popping in my mind again and again...

"Jai Ho ke ithana award na....kadavule..avangalam namma thalaivaroda matha compositions ah ketta avalavuthaan...."javascript:emoticon(':think:')

A.ANAND
2nd February 2010, 07:21 PM
Why is Rahman's Grammy win Special?

http://www.glamsham.com/movies/features/10/feb/02-why-is-rahmans-grammy-win-special-021008.asp

Bala (Karthik)
2nd February 2010, 07:23 PM
I am also a great admirer of AR Rahman - Sachin

"I am also a great admirer of AR Rehman. I felt very proud when he had won the Oscars. We were playing in New Zealand then. From there I had sent him a text," he added.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/Sachin-Tendulkar-derives-inspiration-from-Bollywood-trio/articleshow/5527153.cms
:notworthy: :cool2:

A.ANAND
2nd February 2010, 07:34 PM
சென்னை: கிராமி விருது வென்ற இசையமைப்பாளர் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானுக்கு தமிழக முதல்வர் கருணாநிதி வாழ்த்து தெரிவித்து உள்ளார்.

இசைத்துறையின் ஆஸ்கர் எனக் கருதப்படும் கிராமி விருதுகளை வென்றுள்ள ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானுக்கு பல்வேறு தரப்பில் இருந்தும் பாராட்டுகள் குவிந்த வண்ணம் உள்ளன.

இந்நிலையில் அவருக்கு தமிழக முதல்வர் கருணாநிதியும் வாழ்த்து தெரிவித்துள்ளார். அவர் அனுப்பியுள்ள வாழ்த்துச் செய்தியில்,

'இசைத் துறையின் மிக உயர்ந்த விருதை தமிழகத்தின் புதல்வனான நீங்கள் பெற்றிருக்கும் மகத்தான நிகழ்வை நினைத்து தமிழகம் பெருமிதம் கொள்கிறது.

இசைத்துறையில் சிகரத்தை தொட்டு இருக்கும் உங்களுக்கு எனது மனமார்ந்த வாழ்த்துக்களை தெரிவித்துக் கொள்கிறேன்' என்று கூறியுள்ளார்.

vizha edukama iruthale kodi punniyam!santhadi sakkula kalaignar tv-la tele cast pannivangga! :lol:

A.ANAND
2nd February 2010, 07:37 PM
But this time, the nomination from Couples retreat is way too weak to win a Oscar.

"Jai Ho ke ithana award na....kadavule..avangalam namma thalaivaroda matha compositions ah ketta avalavuthaan...."javascript:emoticon(':think:')

why MM sir?CR enna avalo weak-ka??one of the best work sir!arr deserve to won for this movie![imo] :D

Guess_Me
2nd February 2010, 07:56 PM
Nominees for this year's Oscars has been published just now

Couples Retreat didn't make it to the final list in any category :(

ajaybaskar
2nd February 2010, 08:08 PM
Sad that the boss couldn't make it to the final list this time. Dhrushti kazhiyattum...

I think Michael Giacchano will win the best composer this year for 'Up'...

SoftSword
2nd February 2010, 08:31 PM
Nominees for this year's Oscars has been published just now

Couples Retreat didn't make it to the final list in any category :(

podhum pa...
aduttha oscar inimae oru indian movie song'ku aim pannuvom...

anpullavan
3rd February 2010, 04:12 AM
Tribute to A.R.Rahman for his Grammy Awards from LT-Z

Hear the song here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/213899179/ac457957/PartyCountdownARR.html

Yathu
3rd February 2010, 04:59 AM
[tscii:b1c278304d]'We Are The World -- 25 For Haiti'
Artists Include Kanye West, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber
Jamie Foxx, Jeff Bridges, Vince Vaughn, Usher, Lil Wayne were also in the house.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1631021/20100202/west_kanye.jhtml

LOS ANGELES — When it came time to record the 25th-anniversary remake of "We Are the World," the legendary African-famine relief benefit's co-writer and producer, Lionel Richie, said he wanted to approach the project from a modern perspective. That might explain why none of the singers from the 1985 single were in the house for Monday night's marathon sessions, which took place in the same studios where the original song was laid down.

Instead of Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Cyndi Lauper and the late Michael Jackson (whose previously recorded voice, however, will be heard on the tune), the 2010 version will be headlined by Justin Bieber, Lil Wayne, Wyclef Jean, Josh Groban and Will.I.Am. It features a newly penned hip-hop break written by the Black Eyed Peas leader that makes reference to the January 12 earthquake in Haiti, the victims of which will benefit from the song's proceeds.

Among the rap artists making the cut for "We Are the World — 25 for Haiti" are T-Pain, Kanye West, Bizzy Bone, Kid Cudi, LL Cool J, Snoop Dogg, Drake, Mann, Nipsey Hussle, Busta Rhymes and Swizz Beatz.

And though rumored participants such as Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake were not in attendance, the sessions did feature a number of current stars such as Miley Cyrus, Keri Hilson and Best New Artist Grammy winner Zac Brown.

There were the requisite classic artists who pitched in, including Barbra Streisand; Carlos Santana; Natalie Cole; BeBe Winans; the members of Heart; Freda Payne; Harry Connick Jr.; Earth, Wind & Fire; the Beach Boys' Brian Wilson and Al Jardine; Tony Bennett; "Slumdog Millionaire" film score composer A.R. Rahman; "American Idol" judge Randy Jackson; Patti Austin; Celine Dion and Gladys Knight. A few actors were in the studio (Jeff Bridges and Vince Vaughn), as well as the offspring of co-producers Lionel Richie and Quincy Jones, Nicole Richie and "Parks and Recreation" star Rashida Jones, and the members of 3T (the sons of Tito Jackson), Taj, Taryll and TJ Jackson.

Joel and Benji Madden were on hand, as were Akon, Brandy, Melanie Fiona, Mya, Musiq Soulchild, Katharine McPhee, Trey Songz, Faith Evans, "Heroes" actor Jimmy Jean-Louis ("the Haitian") and former Michael Jackson guitarist Orianthi.

Also pitching in according to a press statement from organizers were the members of Sugarland, Jennifer Hudson, Jason Mraz, India.Arie, Mary Mary, Tyrese Gibson, Raphael Saadiq, Pink, Jordin Sparks, Rob Thomas, Usher, the Fray's Isaac Slade, child prodigy pianist Ethan Bortnick, Enrique Iglesias, Robin Thicke, Jamie Foxx, Maroon 5's Adam Levine, the Jonas Brothers, Nicole Scherzinger and Julianne Hough.

Co-producer Richie said that Janet Jackson would be laying down her version of Michael Jackson's part on Tuesday, and he hinted that some other artists might also be added over the next few days.

---------------------------------------

ARR with the stars:

http://www.rap-up.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/watw-21.jpg

http://www.rap-up.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/watw-28.jpg

More pics:

http://www.mtv.com/photos/we-are-the-world-25-for-haiti-recording-session/1631028/4582037/photo.jhtml

Some vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWbNtvhl-_c (glimpses of ARR after 1:00)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOuJ4tJ4mts

The original 1985 version (with MJ!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qu6qReHS1o

--------------------------------------

Seeing ARR with all these stars :goosebumps:![/tscii:b1c278304d]

music man
3rd February 2010, 07:25 AM

why MM sir?CR enna avalo weak-ka??one of the best work sir!arr deserve to won for this movie![imo] :D

Illa Anand!!! CR as an album is one of ARR's best work till date...But the nominated song "Na Na" is way too weak to garner an Oscar...Anyways he didn't make it to the final list this time...

A.ANAND
3rd February 2010, 08:56 AM
2 oscar,2 grammy pothumpa ithu !rombavum aasapakudathu! :notworthy:

MADDY
3rd February 2010, 09:36 AM
podhum pa...aduttha oscar inimae oru indian movie song'ku aim pannuvom...

Slumdog millionare is a Indian movie brought out by hollywood production company.......Danny Boyle approached indian production houses for this movie and nobody respected him - good for him and us :)

sha
3rd February 2010, 10:48 AM
It is not an Indian movie,, its a British movie similler to Gandhi..

MADDY
3rd February 2010, 11:52 AM
It is not an Indian movie,, its a British movie similler to Gandhi..

if SDM was brought by indian production house, it would have become a Indian movie

ajaybaskar
3rd February 2010, 12:05 PM
ARR standing with Celine Dion...WOW

MADDY
3rd February 2010, 12:41 PM
Power Ranger Maadhiri, Maddykku "Waeld Ranger" apdinnu oru pattam kodukkalaam :D

:lol:

at a global level, american works are very meticulous and have high standards.....to compete with such meticulous works and win is very special......most of our works in global standards are pretty ordinary......winning here is pretty much lesser than oscars or grammys - its not just abt hype and popularity factor of oscars - its the qualitatively superior as well

sathya_1979
3rd February 2010, 12:46 PM
True Maddy, aanaa innum pala peru Oscar oru america award, Los Angeles Award, Andha Stagela maatum sellupadiyaagum award adhanaala adhu periya vishayam illennu pesikkaraanga. Chi Chi Indha Pazham Pulikkum :D

SoftSword
3rd February 2010, 01:32 PM
suppose if in India forms a award committee which recognises the movies from all over the world which works similar to the oscar committee, then will it be in the same league as the oscar???

MADDY
3rd February 2010, 01:58 PM
suppose if in India forms a award committee which recognises the movies from all over the world which works similar to the oscar committee, then will it be in the same league as the oscar???

im not talking abt the indian committee or american academy.......im just talking abt the quality of movies/works that compete in oscars and winning among them.......if there is a award in India which chooses from the best of works and rahman wins it - yes it would be a great feeling.....

A.ANAND
3rd February 2010, 02:04 PM
True Maddy, aanaa innum pala peru Oscar oru america award, Los Angeles Award, Andha Stagela maatum sellupadiyaagum award adhanaala adhu periya vishayam illennu pesikkaraanga. Chi Chi Indha Pazham Pulikkum :D

pesikiravangalukku pidicha aala iruntha periya vishayama irukumo ennavo! :lol: 'valthalum esum,thalthalum esum vaiyagam ithu thanada'old song kettu poga vendiyathuthan! :D

Appu s
3rd February 2010, 02:06 PM

Aaama aama, Muthalla naama paakira mathreeyavathu padam eduppom, appuram award committe pathi pesalam ..

SoftSword
3rd February 2010, 02:28 PM

Aaama aama, Muthalla naama paakira mathreeyavathu padam eduppom, appuram award committe pathi pesalam ..

appo inga paakkura madhiri padamae edukkuradhillanu solriya?

sha
3rd February 2010, 02:29 PM
ok fellows.. full nomination list for oscar

http://www.oscars.org/awards/academyawards/82/nominees.html

Appu s
3rd February 2010, 03:40 PM

appo inga paakkura madhiri padamae edukkuradhillanu solriya?
Ada oru pechukku sonnenpa.. Naama committee laam vachu world movies-aa recognise panra alavukkullam innum illainnu solla vanthen.

ajaybaskar
3rd February 2010, 03:53 PM
[tscii:3c52cf4052]Oscar 2010: Those That Didn’t Make It

Which movies were totally ignored by the Academy? Which performers and filmmakers were ignored? The list is quite long, of course. Below are the most notable omissions from the Oscar 2010 shortlist.

Marc Webb’s (500) Days of Summer, Pedro Almodóvar’s Broken Embraces, Todd Phillips‘ The Hangover, Michael Moore’s Capitalism: A Love Story, Duncan Jones‘ Moon, Cary Fukunaga’s Sin Nombre, Sebastian Silva’s The Maid, and Olivier Assayas‘ Summer Hours were totally left out.

And so were Richard Linklater’s Me and Orson Welles, Nancy Meyers‘ It’s Complicated, Steven Soderbergh’s The Informant!, John Hillcoat’s The Road, Spike Jonze’s Where the Wild Things Are, Hayao Miyazaki’s Ponyo, Jim Sheridan’s Brothers, Roland Emmerich’s 2012, and Grant Heslov’s The Men Who Stare at Goats.

Among the individuals left out were Julianne Moore (A Single Man), Samantha Morton (The Messenger), Michael Stuhlbarg (A Serious Man), Robert Downey Jr (Sherlock Holmes), Marion Cotillard (Nine), Catalina Saavedra (The Maid), Clint Eastwood (Invictus), Michael Haneke (The White Ribbon), Emily Blunt (The Young Victoria), Abbie Cornish and Ben Whishaw (Bright Star), and Diane Kruger and Melanie Laurent (Inglourious Basterds).

Also, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel ((500) Days of Summer), Sam Rockwell (Moon), Alec Baldwin (It’s Complicated), Saoirse Ronan and Susan Sarandon (The Lovely Bones), Christian McKay (Me and Orson Welles), Nora Ephron (Julie & Julia), cinematographer Dion Beebe (Nine), plus A.R. Rahman’s song "Na Na" (Couples Retreat), Agnes Varda’s documentary The Beaches of Agnes, and Warwick Thornton’s best foreign language film semi-finalist Samson & Delilah.

It’s always good to remember that all of the above may — and likely did — get a number of votes. Some may even have showed up on a majority of the ballots — but as a result of the preferential voting system their potential nominations went kaput.

Photos: Broken Embraces (Emilio Pereda & Paola Ardizzoni / El Deseo / Sony Pictures Classics); It’s Complicated (Melinda Sue Gordon / Universal); The Beaches of Agnes (Cinema Guild)

http://www.altfg.com/blog/awards/oscar-2010-its-complicated-julianne-moore-190/[/tscii:3c52cf4052]

sathya_1979
3rd February 2010, 04:49 PM
http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil-news/1690/cinema/Kollywood/Kamal-hasan-to-attend-VIT-RIVIERA.htm

sunnyg
3rd February 2010, 09:24 PM
I am a bit sad that Thalaivar's songs in Couples Retreat did not make it to the Grammys or Oscars.

This is the next challenge for ARR - get an Oscar and Grammy for a high budget, mainstream Hollywood movie.

Ramakrishna
3rd February 2010, 11:22 PM
"I am also a great admirer of AR Rehman. I felt very proud when he had won the Oscars. We were playing in New Zealand then. From there I had sent him a text," - Sachin tendulkar

ajaybaskar
4th February 2010, 02:26 PM
இந்த வார ஆனந்தவிகடனில் இளையராஜா..

''ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் ஆஸ்கர் வாங்கிட்டார். அவர் மியூஸிக் பற்றி உங்க கருத்து என்ன?''

''அவருக்கு நடந்த பாராட்டு விழாவில் என் பேச்சைக் கேட்கலையா? அப்புறம் ஏன் இந்தக் கேள்வி? உலகம் அங்கீகரிச்ச பிறகு நான் யாரு? உலகத்தில் ஒருத்தன்தானே நான்! உலகத்தைவிட்டுத் தனியாவா நான் இருக்கேன்?''

A.ANAND
4th February 2010, 02:43 PM
இந்த வார ஆனந்தவிகடனில் இளையராஜா..

''ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் ஆஸ்கர் வாங்கிட்டார். அவர் மியூஸிக் பற்றி உங்க கருத்து என்ன?''

''அவருக்கு நடந்த பாராட்டு விழாவில் என் பேச்சைக் கேட்கலையா? அப்புறம் ஏன் இந்தக் கேள்வி? உலகம் அங்கீகரிச்ச பிறகு நான் யாரு? உலகத்தில் ஒருத்தன்தானே நான்! உலகத்தைவிட்டுத் தனியாவா நான் இருக்கேன்?''

:fatigue: :fatigue: :fatigue:

A.ANAND
4th February 2010, 02:44 PM
Dance & Romance With Rahman

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dance-Romance-Rahman-Academy-Nominee/dp/B0035NS90C/

A.ANAND
4th February 2010, 02:45 PM
ajay,VTV review no.1 magazine vanthatha padichen!u know which magazine?

ajaybaskar
4th February 2010, 04:57 PM
its last week's ananda vikatan

littlemaster1982
4th February 2010, 05:42 PM
ajay,VTV review no.1 magazine vanthatha padichen!u know which magazine?

Posted in VTV thread (http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2030445#2030445).

music man
4th February 2010, 08:38 PM
Dance & Romance With Rahman

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dance-Romance-Rahman-Academy-Nominee/dp/B0035NS90C/

Good to see it...But not the best compilation...There are far more superior numbers Rahman has produced over the years. From now, particularly after Oscars and Grammy', more care should be taken when releasing such compilations....(':confused2:')

music man
4th February 2010, 10:39 PM
Rahman joins music royalty to record "We are the World":

Grammy award winning musician A.R.Rahman joined voices with some of the biggest names in the music industry like Celine Dion, Lionel Richie, Barbara Streisand and Kayne West to record a cover of Michael Jackson's peace anthem"We are the World".

sathya_1979
5th February 2010, 12:17 PM
Including Grammys, thalaivar have won 102 awards so far :clap: :clap: :clap: :2thumbsup: :notworthy:

Prominent ones listed below:

Award
Wins
Nominations

Grammy Awards

MTV Asia Awards

MTV Video Music Awards

Academy Awards

BAFTA Awards

Golden Globes

Critics' Choice Awards

Satellite Awards

World Soundtrack Awards

National Film Awards

Filmfare Awards
11[1]

Filmfare Awards South

Tamil Nadu State Film Awards

Vijay Awards

Totals

Awards won

Nominations

littlemaster1982
5th February 2010, 12:32 PM
Including Grammys, thalaivar have won 102 awards so far :clap: :clap: :clap: :2thumbsup: :notworthy:

Prominent ones listed below:

Award
Wins
Nominations

Grammy Awards

MTV Asia Awards

MTV Video Music Awards

Academy Awards

BAFTA Awards

Golden Globes

Critics' Choice Awards

Satellite Awards

World Soundtrack Awards

National Film Awards

Filmfare Awards
11[1]

Filmfare Awards South

Tamil Nadu State Film Awards

Vijay Awards

Totals

Awards won

Nominations

Good strike rate :thumbsup: Almost Sachin like 8-)

satissh_r
5th February 2010, 06:02 PM
http://movies.rediff.com/report/2010/feb/05/rahman-nominated-for-couples-retreat.htm

A.ANAND
7th February 2010, 04:36 PM
-deleted by me-

sathya_1979
7th February 2010, 05:00 PM
Contest? What contest? Aiyayao edhachum unarchi vasapattu solli, warning koduthuda poraanga.

ajaybaskar
7th February 2010, 05:20 PM
contest ah? Ha ha ha ha ha.

hope u remember what Kamal says to the villains in Vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu near the climax....

sathya_1979
7th February 2010, 05:28 PM
AB vayithula paala vaartheenga. Naan innum konjam strongaa post pannalaamnu yosichen. Aana, sila mosquitos vandhu remba disturb pannum. So, left it like that.

littlemaster1982
7th February 2010, 05:41 PM
Edho theriyaama appadi oru article pottuttanga, freeya viduvom :)

MADDY
8th February 2010, 08:12 AM
One of Rahman's Guru - Ustad Zakir Hussain abt Rahman

RAHMANS A COMPLETE PACKAGE (http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/mobile.aspx?article=yes&pageid=21&edlabel=TOICH&mydateHid=08-02-2010&pubname=&edname=&articleid=Ar02100&format=&publabel=TOI)

Has he congratulated AR Rahman on his double whammy at the Grammys Zakir says, Of course, I did! After the Oscars, it was expected. He has done India proud and now the wests waking up to the importance of outstanding Indian artistes. Rahmans a complete package!

ajaybaskar
8th February 2010, 08:35 AM
This week's Pudhiya Thalaimurai has an interview with ARR. The shopkeeper told me that 'Indha vaaramthaan sir Indha book ivlo vithurukku. 3rd round poiturukku'.

A.ANAND
8th February 2010, 10:04 AM
This week's Pudhiya Thalaimurai has an interview with ARR. The shopkeeper told me that 'Indha vaaramthaan sir Indha book ivlo vithurukku. 3rd round poiturukku'.

interview podunnga sir!naangalum padipomla! :D

ajaybaskar
8th February 2010, 10:21 AM
Thedalin Isai from Ananda Vikadan

http://rahman360.com/?p=445

A.ANAND
8th February 2010, 10:31 AM
ajay,antha 'putiya thalaimurakum'sonnigale antha interview irutha podunga!

Thedalin Isai from Ananda Vikadan vaangi padichachu!

ajaybaskar
8th February 2010, 10:36 AM
Pudhiya Thalaimurai interview romba perusa irukku. Neither i have the typing skills nor that magazine has an official website from where I can 'Uruvify'

A.ANAND
8th February 2010, 11:24 AM
[tscii:6a79ddf2b5]The most powerful indians in 2010: No. 31-40

31 : AR Rahman, 44
Music composer
Why
He drops down marginally in our list despite the Oscar, Golden Globe and the BAFTA wins only because there have been new entrants in the top 30. If he wins the two Grammys he is nominated for, this will truly be his decade. At home his music for Delhi 6 broke records and reinforced Rahman¡¯s star power.
Power punch
In 2009, Time magazine named him in their top 100 list of World¡¯s Most Influential People. He also got an honorary fellowship from the Trinity College, London. His collaboration with Pussycat Dolls on the Jai Ho track is a chartbuster.
What next
Rahman¡¯s hands are full with Rajnikanth¡¯s Enthiran, Mani Ratnam¡¯s Raavana and Abbas Tyrewala¡¯s 1-800-Love.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/the-most-powerful-indians-in-2010-no.-3140/576092/[/tscii:6a79ddf2b5]

A.ANAND
8th February 2010, 11:35 AM
'santhila sinthu''Uruvify'
engga iruthu ajay kandu pidikarinnga intha mathiri theyveega words :lol:

ajaybaskar
8th February 2010, 11:41 AM
'santhila sinthu''Uruvify'
engga iruthu ajay kandu pidikarinnga intha mathiri theyveega words :lol:

:wink:

ajaybaskar
8th February 2010, 11:44 AM
[tscii:28fe17f782]The man behind the music

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Experimentation was literally unknown to Indian music till 1991. Bollywood had its own series of filmi hit songs which were mostly mediocre, while Tamil music was unknown to Bollywood. All of it was to change in a matter of weeks. A R Rahman has probably brought India together in a way noone else has been able to in recent times; his is a music which has been enjoyed equally by the young, old, the die-hard conservatives of Indian music as well as the pub-goers.

For those who grew up listening to Roja and Bombay, it is difficult to imagine what music would have been, had director Mani Ratnam not invited the young unknown musician to his studio 19 years ago. Singer Unni Menon recalls the day he received a call in the wee hours of the morning, in 1991. He was asked to come to the recording studio immediately, to record a song. Menon was puzzled at the oddness of the hour, but on hearing that the director of the movie was Mani Ratnam, he set out. He found a young, unimpressive composer in charge. By his own admission, Unni Menon went back home after the recording and thought no more about it. Neither he nor any of the crew present, could have imagined in the wildest of their dreams that they were a part of history, that the quiet youngster before them would take the music world by storm and transform it beyond recognition in the span of the next two decades. The movie being made was Roja and the song Pudu Vellai Mazhai. Even after 20 years, it never fails to raise goosebumps in anyone who appreciates good music, plain and simple.

It was purely by chance that Mani Ratnam chanced upon a young man who received the award for the best ad jingle which he had composed for the popular Leo Coffee ad. Mani was curious and requested Rahman for a sample of his music. At his amateur studio, Rahman played out a tune which he composed when he and his friends were disturbed over the Cauvery issue. On listening to the tune, which was none other than Tamizha Tamizha, Mani Ratnam did not have second thoughts and signed him instantly.

Rahman’s journey from Roja to the Grammy awards 2010, has been nothing less than phenomenal. Compartmentalisation was a word he hated; Tamil folk, Punjabi, Western classical, Carnatic, Hindustani, Jazz, there is little in world music which Rahman hasn’t experimented with, or fused. Off beat and unconventional became mainstream as far as Rahman was concerned. He is reputed to do recordings at unearthly hours like 3 in the morning and has for try out new, unknown voices, many of whom later became top singers. As singer Sreenivas describes it - “With Rahman, when you go in, nothing is ready. He just feeds in some basic chords. When you listen to them on your headphones, you are transported to another world. Within two minutes, he creates a masterpiece of a loop. Those chords are just magic. You feel like singing so much! He incredibly motivates you when singing, which is also the reason why artists (singers and instrumentalists alike) give him the very best. “

In the last 19 years, Rahman has sold more than 100 million records of his film scores and soundtracks worldwide during his career. After two Oscars, one Golden Globe, one BAFTA award, one Critics Choice award, the Padma Bhushan and now a Grammy, A R Rahman the person remains the same, rooted firmly to the ground as always. “This is insane, God is great again,” was all he had to say.

http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/story.aspx?Title=The+man+behind+the+music&artid=Ep5oWsHh3sM=&SectionID=lMx/b5mt1kU=&MainSectionID=lMx/b5mt1kU=&SEO=&SectionName=tm2kh5uDhixGlQvAG42A/07OVZOOEmts[/tscii:28fe17f782]

A.ANAND
8th February 2010, 06:10 PM
[tscii:1232d56a4e]¡®AR RAHMAN IS A COMPLETE PACKAGE ¡¯

Ustad Zakir Hussain gets chatty with ATon Grammy, Gulzar and the alchemy of love ...

VINITA CHATURVEDI Times News Network

His nimble fingers caress, cajole the dayan and bayan just like a deft lover teases his paramour, creating molten melodies in the aftermath, which transcend the boundaries of the physical terrain and gently glide towards divine ecstasy. But then, what else would you expect from Zakir Hussain, the greatest living legend of tabla, who has enraptured music aficionados for decades with his mindblowing renditions. The virtuoso tabla player then got into his element speaking on Bollywood, controversies and romance...

¡®Rahman¡¯s a complete package !¡¯

In this season of Grammy Awards, has he congratulated AR Rahman on his double whammy and Zakir says, ¡°Of course, I did! He has done India proud and now the west¡¯s waking up to the importance of outstanding Indian artistes; and Rahman¡¯s a complete package!"

¡®Gulzar¡¯s Grammy will arrive¡¯

Speaking of Grammys, what¡¯s his take on Gulzar¡¯s missing award? The Grammy award-winning tabla exponent says, ¡°If Gulzar saab had gone to the US for the award ceremony, he would¡¯ve received it along with Rahman. Since he didn¡¯t, now it will be sent to his place and the process may take a couple of months. It happened in my case too, so it¡¯s not Rahman¡¯s fault !¡±

¡®Beyonce¡¯s great entertainer, but...¡¯

He can¡¯t deny that Grammy Awards are now associated with controversies. Zakir gives his take: ¡°Grammys now have quite a few new categories that give different artistes a chance to be nominated. Beyonce is a great entertainer, but it¡¯s sad that an artiste like Amjad Ali Khan didn¡¯t get the award. Today these award committees have to keep the commercial aspects in mind to garner maximum television audience, and the money earned goes towards cheap housing and medical insurance for the musicians in the US. Sadly, in India, we don¡¯t have such awards, for which musicians and singers will literally die to get a nomination.¡±

¡®Bollywood? Yes, of course !¡¯

Interestingly, the man who has been ¡°brought up on Bollywood capers¡± hasn¡¯t composed music for any Bollywood film till date. Ask him why this aversion and pat comes the reply: ¡°Koi chance hi nahin deta! Jokes apart, due to my frequent travelling, I can¡¯t devote much time to Hindi films, so smaller crossover films suit me best when it comes to composing music.¡± And what about appearing on 70 mm screen as an actor again? ¡°If I¡¯m offered a role to play Aamir¡¯s or SRK¡¯s dad, I will surely do it,¡± gaffaws the ustad.

¡®Wife makes me blush !¡¯

With Valentine¡¯s Day aproaching, the maestro seems to be in a mushy mood. So, can he still make his wife Antonia blush? He pertly replies: ¡°I hope so, but she surely makes me blush! Diamonds, perfume and all the gifts in the world can¡¯t suffice for the love and caring that she¡¯s given me.¡±

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=VE9JQS8yMDEwLzAyLzA4I0FyMDIxMDE=
[/tscii:1232d56a4e]

A.ANAND
8th February 2010, 08:26 PM
[tscii:b7eaae555f]The ¡®discovery¡¯ of Rahman?

http://www.zeenews.com/zeeexclusive/2010-02-08/601771news.html[/tscii:b7eaae555f]

MADDY
9th February 2010, 07:25 AM
Ajiths in awe of Rahman (http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/mobile.aspx?article=yes&pageid=24&sectid=edid=&edlabel=TOICH&mydateHid=09-02-2010&pubname=Times+of+India+-+Chennai&edname=&articleid=Ar02400&publabel=TOI) :bow: :bow:

When CT contacted Ajith about his hard-hitting speech, this is all he had to say. My role model is A R Rahman , who is a true Tamilian. He has worked against all odds and struggled hard in life to get to where he is now. He made people forget their worries by providing them with superb music, which fetched him awards at the global level. And, when he got the opportunity to stand in front of a global audience , he spoke in Tamil to tell the world that he was from Tamil Nadu in India."

:bow: Ajith simply wouldnt know how much this statement means to me, personally :bow: 8-)

k_vanan
9th February 2010, 07:50 AM
Ajiths in awe of Rahman (http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/mobile.aspx?article=yes&pageid=24&sectid=edid=&edlabel=TOICH&mydateHid=09-02-2010&pubname=Times+of+India+-+Chennai&edname=&articleid=Ar02400&publabel=TOI) :bow: :bow:

When CT contacted Ajith about his hard-hitting speech, this is all he had to say. My role model is A R Rahman , who is a true Tamilian. He has worked against all odds and struggled hard in life to get to where he is now. He made people forget their worries by providing them with superb music, which fetched him awards at the global level. And, when he got the opportunity to stand in front of a global audience , he spoke in Tamil to tell the world that he was from Tamil Nadu in India."

:bow: Ajith simply wouldnt know how much this statement means to me, personally :bow: 8-)

:thumbsup: THALA POLA VARUMA

MADDY UNGGA PERA MADJIT MATIDUNGGA :)

ajaybaskar
9th February 2010, 08:25 AM
Ajith, I am proud to have u in my dp.

A.ANAND
9th February 2010, 11:32 AM
THALA VAZHGA :notworthy: :notworthy: :clap:

A.ANAND
9th February 2010, 12:07 PM
[tscii:f81fd491ed]Sameera-Goutham Again
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, February 09, 2010]

The rapport between Sameera Reddy and Goutham Menon is so terrific that the lady has signed her third film for Menon.

After the stunning introduction in ¡®Vaaranam Aayiram¡¯, Sameera was signed to do a Goutham film for Sivaji Productions opposite Ajith. Although controversies mired the project and Goutham walked out of the film Sameera stayed on and completed what is now called ¡®Asal¡¯.

Now according to latest news Sameera has already started shooting for Goutham Menon¡¯s next film. She plays an intense role of a commercial sex worker. The movie is said to be a thriller about how a single incident one night changes the life of many. New comers play other pivotal roles.

By putting all pieces together, it appears the new film we are talking about is Goutham¡¯s long drawn film ¡®Chennaiyil Oru Mazhai Kaalam¡¯. It originated with Suriya and Asin. Then Trisha replaced Asin. And now we hear Sameera. It is expected Goutham will complete the film soon after ¡®Vinnaithandi Varuvaya¡¯ is released.

[/tscii:f81fd491ed]

A.ANAND
11th February 2010, 06:24 AM
Azeem O Shan - ARR bollywood routine on this show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6YecTuxOyY&feature=related

Dragun
11th February 2010, 10:39 AM
[tscii:ebc0863c95]
By putting all pieces together, it appears the new film we are talking about is Goutham¡¯s long drawn film ¡®Chennaiyil Oru Mazhai Kaalam¡¯. It originated with Suriya and Asin. Then Trisha replaced Asin. And now we hear Sameera. It is expected Goutham will complete the film soon after ¡®Vinnaithandi Varuvaya¡¯ is released.

If this is true, will COMK have songs by ARR or did they reuse the COMK songs (if any were composed) in VV?[/tscii:ebc0863c95]

ajaybaskar
11th February 2010, 12:22 PM
In this week's Ananda Vikatan, Ajith clearly mentions why he quoted ARR as his inspiration. He says that nobody can become a true Tamilian just by raising voices or protesting over issues. Hailing from an economically weak family, ARR went on to reach the global stage and made the world recognize that he is a Tamilian. That's the spirit of a true Tamilian, he says...

music man
11th February 2010, 10:20 PM
Azeem O Shan - ARR bollywood routine on this show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6YecTuxOyY&feature=related

Wow....Wat a dance....Goosebumps :swinghead: :clap: :2thumbsup:

sathya_1979
12th February 2010, 09:01 PM
Airtel Mirchi Awards for 2010:
Best Music director - A.R. rahman for Masakali,Delhi6
Best Song - Masakali,Delhi 6
Best Album - Delhi 6
Best Male Vocalist - Mohit Chauhan - Masakali,Delhi 6
Best Lyrics - Prasoon Joshi - Masakali,Delhi 6
Best Song arranger and Performer - A.R. Rahman - Masakali,Delhi 6
best song mixing and engineering - Deepak P A and Vivianne Chaix,Delhi 6
best Female Vocalist - Rekha Bhardwaj,Genda Phool, Delhi 6

Ennaala mudeela!

sathya_1979
12th February 2010, 09:02 PM
Rest eduthu tired aagi rest edukkara maadhiri, thalaivar award vaangi record seiyaradhukkaaga oru award kudukkanum :D

music man
13th February 2010, 09:20 AM
Airtel Mirchi Awards for 2010:
Best Music director - A.R. rahman for Masakali,Delhi6
Best Song - Masakali,Delhi 6
Best Album - Delhi 6
Best Male Vocalist - Mohit Chauhan - Masakali,Delhi 6
Best Lyrics - Prasoon Joshi - Masakali,Delhi 6
Best Song arranger and Performer - A.R. Rahman - Masakali,Delhi 6
best song mixing and engineering - Deepak P A and Vivianne Chaix,Delhi 6
best Female Vocalist - Rekha Bhardwaj,Genda Phool, Delhi 6

Ennaala mudeela!

Great to see that list...All roads lead to Rome maadhiri....all awards lead to Rahman's house....It was a great album and we are very happy that it was recognised.....

This time in tamil we have VTV,Endhiran and Ravan..So this time, he is going to sweep awards down south as well....

P_R
13th February 2010, 02:43 PM
http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_baz-luhrmann-ar-rahman-thinking-of-working-together_1341794

A.ANAND
13th February 2010, 05:21 PM
Rahman & Shankar's mothers honored - images

http://www.images.behindwoods.com/photo-galleries-q1-09/tamil-photo-gallery/salute-to-mothers/index4.html

Pveena
14th February 2010, 12:29 AM
I didn't know this until I saw the video, but ARR was involved in the "We are the World 25" song for Haiti Relief recorded on Feb 1st. Although the camera doesn't single him out for any shots/solos, you can clearly see him in a dark red outfit.

Not only is this a great song for a wonderful cause, but I am so proud of ARR being a part of such an important event!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glny4jSciVI&feature=related

ARR, continue to rock the world!!!! :)

A.ANAND
14th February 2010, 11:53 AM
RARE THALAIVAR SNAPS

http://rahman360.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/aa2-13-2010aas.jpg

http://rahman360.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/aa2-13-2010aas-1.jpg

A.ANAND
14th February 2010, 11:57 AM
[tscii:73fe3d4732]Sunday, February 14, 2010

Golden Grammy boy

A. R. Rahman¡¯s journey to global acclaim is a tale of struggle,
spirituality and simplicity, writes N. Ravikumar

FROM an 11-year-old boy, who was sought after by Tamil film music directors to play the keyboard, music composer A. R. Rahman has become the most celebrated musician today, winning two Oscars and two Grammys and a recognition for Indian music at the global stage.

STRINGS ATTACHED: Composer A. R. Rahman plays his guitar at a hill station Photo: R. Jayakanthan

SIBLING REVELRY: Rahman's sister Fathima and students celebrate the music maestro¡¯s Grammy win in Chennai recently Photo: PTI

RISE FROM ROJA: Rahman with director Mani Ratnam and national award-winning lyricist Vairamuthu
Photo: R. Jayakanthan

CLASS APART: Rahman (encircled) with classmates in this school photo

He has achieved this at the young age of 44. With millions of fans adoring him as a music genius, his status and the world around him has changed. But he remains untouched by fame, mingling with friends, fans and colleagues with incredible humility. He is friendly, amicable and rarely annoyed by overcrowding fans or the media.

Rahman is deeply attached to his wife and children. His wife, Saira Banu, listens to most of his songs and even has her favourites. Whenever he finds time, he spends it with his family, taking his children on small trips and picnics. His elder daughter, Kadhija, restricts him from coming to her school, due to the mobbing autograph hunters. His younger daughter, Raheema, has interest in music. His son, Khwaja Mohammad Roomi Rahman, shares the birthday with him. His son was born on January 6, 2002, and Rahman on the same date in 1966.

As a responsible and dutiful father, Rahman helps his children to develop their musical talents. His son has rendered his voice for the Hollywood film Couples Retreat and his daughters have sung for the Hindi film Mangal Pandey. He is proud of his children and happy to see their growth. At the same time, he never forces anything on them. His son's interest in music came on its own and Rahman decided to tap the potential to its fullest.

While Rahman encourages his children to do well in music, he is himself encouraged by his mother and sisters. Rahman was doubtful when he was nominated for the Golden Globe award, says his sister, Rehanna. "I told him that he would get it. And he did. Since then, it has been awards and awards all the way," she adds.

Another sister, Fathima, says, "It was a triple delight for us. After the Oscars, it was the Padma Bhushan and then came these Grammy awards. All of us have prayed at the dargah. It is an occasion to thank the Almighty for showering his love and affection on Rahman".

Rahman's mother, Kareema Begum, who brought him up, lives for the sake of her son's success. She was unwell when the announcement for Rahman's Grammy awards came. But she was the first to contact her daughters and call up her relatives about her son's honour at 3.30 in the morning.

"My mother told me that my brother has made it once again," says Fathima.

Like her brother, Fathima also attributes the success to God. "As my brother put it at the award ceremony, it is God¡¯s blessings," she says.

Though the music maestro interacts freely with fans and the media, his mother and sister rarely come to public functions or pose for photographs. All his family members are deeply religious.

Besides his family, what does Rahman mean to his friends and colleagues? The picture emerging out of the answers to this question is that of a humble, affectionate and hard-working man, whose head and heart remain at the right place, despite his scaling great peaks.

His reaction when he won the Oscar was a proof of his humility. He simply said: "My music appealed to the sensibilities of the Hollywood audience, as it was very much new and different from what they were hearing till now. Just as we like a Chinese dish, since it is different from what we are eating regularly, they liked my music".

He never forgets his roots and his speech in Tamil when he received the Oscar gladdened the hearts of the people in his state. He is also composing music for Thirukkural, poetic verses in Tamil on various themes like the economy, politics, morality and love, composed by saint Tiruvalluvar in the first century BC.

He is also composing the theme track for the World Classic Tamil meet to be held this year.
His contact with Kollywood is alive, even after entering Hollywood. He is working on Mani Ratnam¡¯s Ravana, starring Aishwarya and Abhishek Bachchan, and the big-budget sci-fi film, Enthiran, starring Rajinikanth and Aishwarya.

Playback singer S.P. Balasubramaniam says, "He has already touched the pinnacle of awards, but he will continue receiving every coveted recognition in the field of music.

"Rahman¡¯s victory was not something that came overnight. I¡¯ve known him since he was a child. He is a completely self-made musician, who has put in tremendous hard work. More importantly, he is a very good human being. He has certainly put Chennai on the world map of music".

Most of his close friends share the singer's views. They adore his humility and describe him as a deeply religious man, with a philosophical outlook. To know his influences in life and what moulded his character, his friends and colleagues cite instances from his early life and take us on a short journey of his life.

Rahman's friends attribute his admirable qualities to his childhood of struggle and hardship after he lost his father at the tender age of 9. He never knew the joys of childhood as he came face to face with poverty and an uncertain future. His philosophical outlook may be an offshoot of his traumatic childhood.

His father, R.K. Shekhar, passed away immediately after his first film as a music composer was released. After his father's death, the burden of supporting his family fell on his young shoulders. It was his mother who encouraged Rahman to follow in the footsteps of his father.

He was not able to attend school regularly and finally dropped out. At the age of 11, he joined South Indian music maestro Ilayaraja's troupe as a keyboard player. Rahman himself has said: "As a child, music seemed to be a means of earning bread and butter. I had no special fascination for it. It was associated purely with work". But music also became the only source of joy for him. He was dedicated and hard working and spent several hours with his musical instruments.

Another influence on his character was that of his mentor Ilayaraja. On his influence, Rahman has said: "Until then, I thought you had to drink or take dope to be a good artist. But Ilayaraja was making such beautiful music and leading a pure life. . . He was the man who changed these impressions altogether. He proved that he could make good music without any bad habits. Even now, he is the inspiration behind my being so religious today".

Rahman got married at the age of 27. He wanted his bride to have some education, some beauty and a lot of humility. His mother found his match in Saira at a Sufi temple. Rahman recalls: "My first meeting with Saira was rather amusing. Back then, she only spoke Kutchi. I asked her whether she was interested in marrying me. She was very quiet then, but now I know she is anything but quiet". They got married on Wednesday, March 12, 1995, in Chennai.

Nothing sweeps him off his feet because he knows the uncertainties of life. As a youth, he was uncertain and apprehensive of the future. He got his first break in advertising when he was asked to compose a jingle to promote Allwyn's new Trendy range of watches, in 1987. As he received many more offers for jingles, Rahman quit playing in orchestras and moved full time into advertising.

The year 1991 changed his life. At a function where he received the award for Best Jingle Composer for the Leo Coffee ad, he was approached by popular film director Mani Ratnam. Rahman took the offer since Ratnam had the reputation of a director with a good taste for music.

Rahman later said: "I wasn't sure myself why I accepted Roja. I was offered Rs 25,000 for it, a sum that I could make in three days composing ad jingles. I think it was the prospect of working with Mani that enticed me". Roja was released on August 15, 1992, and Rahman became a household name in Tamil Nadu overnight. The rest of his journey is known to many.

His deep faith in God is also rooted in a life-altering experience. In 1988, one of his sisters fell seriously ill and numerous attempts to cure her failed. When the family lost all hope, it came to know of a Muslim pir, Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jeelani or Pir Qadri. According to his family friends, the pir performed a miracle and with his prayers and blessings Rahman's sister made an astonishing recovery. This incident was a turning point in his life as the whole family converted to Islam. Thus, A.S. Dileep Kumar became Allah Rakha Rahman. About his conversion, Rahman says: "Islam has given me peace. As Dileep I had an inferiority complex. As A.R. Rahman I feel like I have been born again".

He has said: "I remember my father's suffering. He was taken to eight to nine hospitals. I saw him suffering physical pain. I remember the pujas and the yajnas performed by the pandits. By the time, the Muslim pirs came, it was too late. After my father passed away, for some years when I was a teenager, I believed there was no God. But there was a feeling of restlessness within me. I realised that there can be no life without a force governing us. And I found what I was looking for in Islam".

One day, the pir came to his house and blessed him, saying that he would attain world fame. The pir passed away the next day. Rahman set up his music studio at the very spot where the seer had blessed him. He named the studio as Panchathan Record Inn and it was attached to his house in Kodambakkam. A framed photograph of the pir is the first thing one notices when one enters this studio, which is covered with Islamic inscriptions everywhere. Rahman later developed this studio into one of India's most well-equipped and advanced recording studios.

Valuable gold is made after it melts for hours under intense heat in a furnace. The most beautiful lotus has its roots in mud. All this holds true for Rahman. Like the Kashmiri roses in his first film Roja, this music maestro has grown out of a thorny background.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2010/20100214/spectrum/main1.htm[/tscii:73fe3d4732]

ajaybaskar
14th February 2010, 12:59 PM
I have learnt a lot of things from Rahman. I also have unlearnt a few things I previously knew- gautham.

Kusumbu pidicha aalayya Indha kavutham....

A.ANAND
14th February 2010, 06:38 PM
I have learnt a lot of things from Rahman. I also have unlearnt a few things I previously knew- gautham.

Entha interview-la intha comment? :D

MADDY
14th February 2010, 06:53 PM

he should have unlearnt gosipping, fear, ego, unwanted talks/actions as a whole from thalaivar :D

MADDY
14th February 2010, 06:55 PM
http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_baz-luhrmann-ar-rahman-thinking-of-working-together_1341794

thinging enna vendi irukku man - work with him without hesitation :) ....actually, Baz had plans earlier itself but looking at number of commitments that ARR was associated with, he withdrew :(

A.ANAND
14th February 2010, 07:05 PM

he should have unlearnt gosipping, fear, ego, unwanted talks/actions as a whole from thalaivar :D

aniyayathukku over-ra 'ponggal' kodukurare gautham! :lol:

but, entha interview-la itha sonnaru gautham mattum solla mataringga! :(

MADDY
14th February 2010, 07:13 PM

aniyayathukku over-ra 'ponggal' kodukurare gautham! :lol:

but, entha interview-la itha sonnaru gautham mattum solla mataringga! :(

it was not a interview - it was part of a promo pic..... :?

ajaybaskar
14th February 2010, 07:15 PM

Couple of days back somebody had posted a link of this interview in VTV thread. It was taken in Chennai city centre. Appo GVModa peterai konjam uthu gavanichal indha line varudhu... Anand, my memory says it was u who posted that link...

A.ANAND
15th February 2010, 12:25 PM

Couple of days back somebody had posted a link of this interview in VTV thread. It was taken in Chennai city centre. Appo GVModa peterai konjam uthu gavanichal indha line varudhu... Anand, my memory says it was u who posted that link...

yes ajay!antha interview! :roll: ennaku peter konjam alerji! :lol:

A.ANAND
15th February 2010, 12:37 PM
A.R.Rahman interview in Tamil Magazine

Q1:In oscar stage you said"All my life, I had the choice of hate or love.I choose love and i am here".It shows so frustation ! and what is the reason?

In everyone's life there was chance of selecting two ways - Hate or Love,but nothing can be cost easily to come forward in one's life.There was many controversy to acquire their stage in this competitive world.We are in the position to answer to media as many of others wants us to irriate by creating gossips. Answering them "hashly" is one way and "calmly" is another way". But i choose the second because it suits all aspects.

Q2:Speech in the Oscar stage shows your maturity and how you obtain that even in young age?

Right from my young age,there was many loss in my life that bring me maturity.I started working in Studio in my young age. I learnt my life there.Even if anyone realise cause of death it too express the maturity.I saw a documentary film about father in church which is about 16th century. It explains life is something expanding one's life under a small roof.Just it proves life is temperory. I relised this in my young age. May be this seems maturity in me

Q3:You reached the high level from down. Upto you what is the formula for this inclination?

If you see my formula,after my caste interchange there was change in my life. I was admired by their caste ethics.One thing i was to express that because of my family support i am in this place. Without their coordination i cant perform my profession. I am grateful to my family members.

Q4:You express that after your caste interchange there was a great change in your life.But you started woking in music industry right from your young age. After this only you change to other caste. What is the reason behind this?

As per scientist, psychologist say,everyone would found truth in their soul life.That is magnetic attraction. Even in spiritulity,there is such force. A person can follow either buddhism or Hinduism ,etc.. as per their will. This my caste change made my family prosperous. This meant the reason

Q5:Whether Spirituality help you to success?

Because of my unprotection i took many false decisions. Yesterday i received a sms that tells a situation. A daughter bring me a coffee, unfortunately she slipped her cup and spoiled my shirt. And actually i was on my way to work. In that situation, how would react whether making slap at her or advice her to be caution by the next time.
We have two choices, one is forgiving another making problem. Like this, there was many options in each and every situation. If there is a cause of death,we have to check and stop the forthcoming . We have to think over to decide the decision. We should be in a position to make a event whether to be positive or negative. It depends upon us.Spirituality pay a way for this kind of question. Even it is useful in music...

Q6:Still 18 years right from age of 23, you have been striving towards working for music. Do you think you have lost anything, apart from college life?

I cant mean that i have lost. I too didnt realize like that. Being in music world, gives me immense pleasure.Doing a interesting job, itself a blessing for a person. Without complainting them , I am thankful to god for my way.

Q7:Your friends, hobbies?

Unluckly, I dont have close friends. I dont find time to spent my day with my friends. My co-workers are my friends. If i am in foreign countries, my agents are my friends. I go dinner with them. But they are in business motive. I like to spends my day with my family. Just by now i am in oscar committee so i watch many oscar film. Before people watch a film, I will be watching with free of cost in theatres. I have 30 films to watch. So no time for hobbies.

Q8:In oscar stage, your say " Ellam Puzhalum Iraivanukke ". Is this your actual say or you made this to speak in tamil ?

At instant I told. Actually my sister wanted me to talk in tamil and after my say she feel so proud about that.

Q9:What is the difference between A.R.Rahman as a keyboard player and as Oscar winner?

I dont think, there was any difference.There is reflection in each work. Ours thoughts would be reflected in every field. What inhibited would be reflected. For me too, it works like that.

Q10:What would you like to say for the young music directors?

No person in the world is innocent, they use internet to know everything. They exhibit their brilliance. India is the place where many youngsters are present. This is good to be in future. Each growth of the plant is known only through its seed as this is the say by "kaviko". So we have to find whom we are.Rose sappling cant blossom Jasmine flower like that each individual should identfy their own skills and try to establish it to the world with hardwork. They should be in their own style without adopting other way. This is the ststement to today's musicians and singers.

Interview with puthiya thalaimurai

http://www.rahmanji.netz.co.in/

ajaybaskar
15th February 2010, 01:10 PM
[tscii:bef6a948ea]AR Rahman has got Celine Dion on record

Prithwish Ganguly / DNASunday, February 14, 2010 23:59 IST

Mumbai: Double Oscar-winning musician AR Rahman is all set to team up with Canadian singer Celine Dion for an international album. Rahman is expected to record a couple of songs with Celine, who is most popular for the theme song of the 1997 blockbuster movie Titanic, 'My Heart Will Go On'.

Double Oscar-winning musician AR Rahman is all set to team up with Canadian singer Celine Dion.A source says, “Celine and Rahman first met when he was recording the remake of the Michael Jackson single We Are The World to raise money for Haiti victims. It looks like she was bowled over by Rahman’s dedication. She spoke to him about a venture together and he is keen to be a part of it.”

The source adds, “Celine wants Rahman to compose two new songs that she will sing during her US tour beginning March 15. Her forthcoming album is also set to have these numbers as it is already being expected that these singles will top the charts looking at both Celine’s and Rahman’s popularity in Hollywood. This is going to be one big association.”

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_ar-rahman-s-got-celine-dion-on-record_1347799[/tscii:bef6a948ea]

ajaybaskar
15th February 2010, 01:18 PM
THIS MAKES ME HAPPIER THAN THE OSCAR/GG/GRAMMY WIN. I KNEW THIS WAS ALWAYS ON THE CARDS AFTER THE 'WATW' SESSION. CELINE IS MY FAVOURITE SINGER AND HER ASSOCIATION WITH ARR WILL BE AWESOME

A.ANAND
15th February 2010, 03:13 PM
[tscii:410d3e27bf]Oscar winner Rahman to undertake 'Jai Ho World Tour' in Summer

Oscar winner musician A. R. Rahman (Slumdog Millionaire) will perform live in his 'Jai Ho World Tour' concerts during coming summer, according to reports.

To be reportedly called “Jai Ho—The Journey Home”, these concerts expectedly will be held in Europe, Africa, Australia, North America, Middle East, South East Asia, India, and United Kingdom, reports suggest.

Besides Rahman, these concerts will reportedly include few dozen artists/dancers also. These shows are claimed to be audiovisual spectacle involving pyrotechnics and lighting.

Acclaimed Indo-American statesman Rajan Zed, in a statement in Nevada (USA) today, commended Rahman for taking the Indian music to new heights and bringing respect and international recognition to Indian film music. Zed, who is chairperson of Indo-American Leadership Confederation, urged Government of India to launch some world-class conservatories in collaboration with major business houses to channelize the abundant musical talent of India.

Rahman, who has reportedly recorded sales of over 300 million, was called “Mozart of Madras'' by Time magazine. Rahman sees music “as a way to connect to spirituality and embrace it” and for “creating harmony in troubled times”.

http://www.littleabout.com/news/69956,oscar-winner-rahman-undertake-jai-ho-world-tour-summer.html[/tscii:410d3e27bf]

MADDY
15th February 2010, 07:20 PM
THIS MAKES ME HAPPIER THAN THE OSCAR/GG/GRAMMY WIN. I KNEW THIS WAS ALWAYS ON THE CARDS AFTER THE 'WATW' SESSION. CELINE IS MY FAVOURITE SINGER AND HER ASSOCIATION WITH ARR WILL BE AWESOME

albums side-la poikittu irukkaaru :)

ajaybaskar
16th February 2010, 09:48 AM
Backstreet Boys' know only ARR in India

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/indian-food-on-our-check-list-backstreet-boys_100320466.html

ajaybaskar
16th February 2010, 01:00 PM
Did ARR ever accept this movie?

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/feb-10-03/rahman-vikram-kumar-15-02-10.html

Appu s
16th February 2010, 01:09 PM

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/feb-10-03/rahman-vikram-kumar-15-02-10.html

A.ANAND
16th February 2010, 03:44 PM

thappu thappa news podarathulla BH website adichikka mudiyathu!
better they close the website!

A.ANAND
16th February 2010, 04:16 PM
[tscii:82b5253f1c]AR Rahman to undertake Jai Ho World Tour in summer

Nevada (US) (ANI): Oscar winner musician AR Rahman (Slumdog Millionaire) will perform live in his 'Jai Ho World Tour' concerts during coming summer, according to reports. To be reportedly called “Jai Ho—The Journey Home”, these concerts expectedly will be held in Europe, Africa, Australia, North America, Middle East, South East Asia, India, and United Kingdom, reports suggest.

Buzz up!Besides Rahman, these concerts will reportedly include few dozen artists/dancers also. These shows are claimed to be audiovisual spectacle involving pyrotechnics and lighting. Acclaimed Indo-American statesman Rajan Zed, in a statement in Nevada (USA) today, commended Rahman for taking the Indian music to new heights and bringing respect and international recognition to Indian film music.

Zed, who is chairperson of Indo-American Leadership Confederation, urged Government of India to launch some world-class conservatories in collaboration with major business houses to channelize the abundant musical talent of India.

Rahman, who has reportedly recorded sales of over 300 million, was called 'Mozart of Madras' by Time magazine. Rahman sees music “as a way to connect to spirituality and embrace it” and for “creating harmony in troubled times”.[/tscii:82b5253f1c]

A.ANAND
17th February 2010, 09:43 AM
[tscii:5a1a75458c]Track singers of Rahman to participate in charity event

Leading original track singers of Oscar-winning musician A.R. Rahman will appear on stage to “pay tribute and celebrate his success” at a charity event here on February 28.

The likes of Benny Dayal, Srinivas, Suresh Peters, Naresh Iyer, Haricharan, Timothy Madhukar, Sujatha, Swetha Mohan, Suvi Suresh and a few more, will render peppy numbers of the Grammy award winning Rahman from various movies including his debut work Roja, a release here said.

Titled ‘Rahmania,’ the event is organised in aid of A.R. Rahman Foundation, a social organisation and another organisation involved in helping children with autism and dyslexia, the release said adding the event is “being organized in Chennai to pay tribute and celebrate the success of A.R. Rahman.”

“All the original track singers of Rahman will assemble on a single stage to pay tribute to him, under the musical event, Rahmania,” the release said.

[/tscii:5a1a75458c]

A.ANAND
17th February 2010, 09:51 AM
[tscii:050ca9ffcc]Singers to belt out A.R. Rahman’s compositions on February 28

All original track singers of A.R.Rahman’s compositions will assemble on a single stage to pay tribute to his music here on February 28. ‘Rahmania’, the musical tribute to Rahman, would be held at the Wesley High School grounds in Royapettah. Singers including Benny Dayal, Srinivas, Suresh Peters, Naresh Iyer, Haricharan, Swetha Menon, Sujatha and Suvi Suresh will belt out numbers which they originally sang for Rahman, during the three-hour show.

The director of the show, Praveen Mani, told mediapersons here on Tuesday that it would be Chennai’s tribute to the Oscar and Grammy winner. “The show is about friendship, about good music and a good cause,” he said.

The proceeds would go towards providing facilities for children of V-Excel Educational Trust, a centre that offers educational opportunities for children with autism, dyslexia and mental retardation.

Pointing out that it has been an honour to be part of Rahman’s journey, singer Srinivas said “Compositions of a few legends end up not in records, but in people’s hearts. We will try to musically cover most of his journey right from 1992 to 2010.” For details contact: 9841016161 or 9840047101.

Keywords: A.R. Rahman, singers, music compositions, competition
[/tscii:050ca9ffcc]

ajaybaskar
17th February 2010, 01:35 PM
[tscii:e125f2446f] “Rahman has played an important role in taking classical music to the youngsters,” says Dr. Narayanan

He’s a singer, a miniature figurines collector and a homeopathy doctor, all rolled in one...

Simba, Dumbo, Bamby and Aladdin are among Dr K Narayanan’s best friends. When he’s done with his work for the day and sits back in contemplation, they serve as companions. They might look the same to an ordinary person, but Narayanan spots a different dimension in them, every day!

“Look at the texture on this guy here,” he calls out with child-like enthusiasm, “Doesn’t it look fascinating?”

Dr K Narayanan — who is perhaps one of the few collectors of miniature figurines in the city — considers them ‘real treasures’. “If you like nature, you’ll be able to appreciate these figures completely,” explains Narayanan, whose collection includes animals, replicas and movie characters among others.

His collection is the result of several years of travel to countries like Germany, the US, Canada, UK and Australia. Made of high quality vinyl plastic, these figurines are considered a collector’s delight world over. “I also have figures of some of the rarest animal species,” he tells proudly, “Some of them are the aardvark, dodo, pangolin and sloth. They aren’t easily available.”

Once he collects his treasures, he gets on to the Internet. “I search for pictures and information on those animals to find out how much of detailing has gone into the making of the toy,” he says, “This helps me in obtaining trivias about these rare animals.”

Narayanan is also a much sought-after singer. His association with Oscar-winner A R Rahman started during Kandukondein Kandukondein and has continued till the recent Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa. “Rahman has played an important role in taking classical music to the youngsters,” says Narayanan, a passionate Carnatic music buff, who trained under the music exponent, late S Rajam.

On its influence on the present-day film music, he says, “There’s a lot of richness in classical music that’s still unexplored. My guru used to tell us that if we mastered the 72 melakarta ragams, we could sing anything!”

Narayanan’s rendition of Veda Ghosham..., the title track of the popular television serial Enge Brahmanan, has appealed to many people. “Even children are singing that tune,” he gushes with pride.

Currently, the singer — who is also a caricature artist and a homeopathy doctor — is looking forward to his trip to New Zealand and Australia, where he’ll present three-hour concerts that will feature traditional, semi classical and film songs, based on classical ragas.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life/people/Treasure-hunter-/articleshow/5569310.cms[/tscii:e125f2446f]

Kumar2020
17th February 2010, 04:23 PM

i remember reading an article that this '24' by vikram kumar was supposed to have music by harris jayaraj actually

A.ANAND
18th February 2010, 03:32 PM
[tscii:eb7d1d3c50]Friday Fury turns into agony!

By Moviebuzz | Thursday, 18 February , 2010, 14:13

Kollywood’s anticipated rush hour in February has not materialized.

From seven weekends in 2010, 21 films have released. Suddenly the brake has been applied this Friday (Feb 19), as there is not even a single Tamil release this weekend!

Most of the films released this year has turned out to be disasters, with only Tamil Padam turning out to be profitable for all concerned (producer, distributor, theatre). The theatres who paid MG’s are the losers, as the films failed to deliver at the box-office.

The small movies with no proper release strategy got butchered, trying to release along with big films. Now everybody has got cold feet, that this Friday is going to go waste as there are no new Tamil releases.

All the big producers have also reshuffled their release dates. Red Giant is likely to get a big solo release on February 26 for their Gautham Menon’s Vinnayithaandi Varuvaayaa.

As of now Friday as per trade sources, March 5 will see the release of three films Meera Kathiravan’s Aval Peyar Tamilarasi, Bharath’s Thambikku Intha Ooru and Jiiva’s Kacheri Arambam.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

[/tscii:eb7d1d3c50]

A.ANAND
20th February 2010, 12:48 PM
ARR & Rasul at Ajmer- Complete Stills from "Yatra" magazine

http://liku-likant.blogspot.com/2010/02/yathra-magazine-rahman-resuls-ajmer.html