PDA

View Full Version : The Face of Music - A R Rahman News & Updates - III

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Yathu
28th May 2010, 02:04 PM
Beasley oversees the tour's 20-person coterie of flutists, cellists, tambura-strummers, singers and other music-makers, some of whom have played with Lionel Richie, Fleetwood Mac, Alanis Morissette and other Western pop stars. Beasley himself is a veteran of Miles Davis' musical entourage.

The musicians are elements of a stage show that also includes four troupes of dancers, each of which will strut the stage deploying an entirely different style of choreography.

All the while, a high-tech projection rig that's only been used before in standalone light shows will throw three-dimensional renderings of the Himalayas, the Ganges River and the slums of Mumbai onto the stage.

The shows will also feature Cirque du Soleil acrobats, including a Mongolian contortionist who has reworked her act into a display of extreme Indian yoga.

"It's a merging of cultures," said the show's artistic director Amy Tinkham, who has presided over tours for Britney Spears, Mariah Carey and other high-caliber acts. "It's very East-meets-West in a very spectacular way."

WOW! This concerts going to be spectacular, can't wait! Cirque du Soleil are amazing! Just realised the one I'm going to will also be the last date. Might be extra special. :D

Appu s
29th May 2010, 09:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Al8VrJxII8

Tamil anthem Video, low quality... waiting for good quality :bow: :bow:

Dragun
30th May 2010, 02:20 AM
HQ video of Tamil anthem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqRR186LwMA)

rayan36
30th May 2010, 10:12 AM
guys,

wat is about the nokia connections & the connections cd i found in the stores??

ajaybaskar
30th May 2010, 10:25 AM
Don't buy it.. You will not have all the tracks in the cd. sort of gimmick by Sony Music.

Yathu
30th May 2010, 01:37 PM

:cool2: Great to see all these singers together! Would've been good if they got the greats like SPB and Chitra aswel!

raghavendran
30th May 2010, 06:27 PM

:cool2: Great to see all these singers together! Would've been good if they got the greats like SPB and Chitra aswel! :yes: :thumbsup: :clap: ...arr keeps comin with these kind of videos from time to time

littlemaster1982
30th May 2010, 07:03 PM
Anyone liked Gujarat song more than Tamizh Anthem :?

music man
30th May 2010, 08:19 PM
Great music....Great video...Though SPB,Mano,Chitra were missing, I believe ARR would have approached them....PBS is also missing in video...I dunno whether he has sung in this song.... Good to see ARR and Yuvan working together....Both believe in less bandha and more work...

Scale
30th May 2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the video Dragun. No, PBS is not in the credit list. Nicely picturised by GVM.

Goosebumps!

MADDY
31st May 2010, 07:15 AM

iyam :) ......tamil anthem is very cliched and standard anthem kind of song whereas gujarat anthem was full of variations.........

odane rahman tamil-kku importance kudukradhilla-nnu solliduvaanga - aaamanda appadi thaan :lol:

MADDY
31st May 2010, 07:22 AM
kickass picturisation by Gautam vasudev menon 8-)

ajaybaskar
31st May 2010, 10:17 AM
ARR and GVM did this project for free it seems.. Source: The Hindu..

venkkiram
31st May 2010, 05:20 PM
2009 ஆம் ஆண்டில் எழுதப்பட்ட கவிதை இப்போதுதான் கண்ணில் பட்டது.. நெல்லைக் கண்ணன் எழுதியது! மனம் திறந்த பாராட்டுக்கள்!

வரமாய் வர

எல்லாப் புகழும் இறைவனுக்கே என்று
ஏற்றங்கள் சொல்லி நின்றார்
இனிய நம் தமிழிலே சொல்லியே தமிழர்கள்
எல்லோர்க்கும் மகிழ்ச்சி தந்தார்
அல்லா ரக்கா ரகுமான் ஆஸ்கரே வென்றாலும்
அடக்கத்தின் உருவம் கண்டீர்
அதனால்தான் தந்தையின் ஆசியால் வந்தது
ஆஸ்கரும் என்று சொன்னார்

ஆண்டவன் மொழி தந்தை அனைவருக்கும் நன்றி
ஆக்கிய ரகுமான் அவர்
அன்னையின் ஆசியை அன்பதன் ஆசியாய்
அனுபவித்து உணர்ந்து வென்றார்
வேண்டுவோம் ரகுமானின் வெற்றிகள் மென்மேலும்
விரிந்திட வேண்டி நிற்போம்
வெள்ளை மனத்தவர் ரகுமானின் வெற்றிகள்
விண்ணவர் வரமாய் வர

கருணை செய்க

குடும்பத்தைக் காத்திடக் கல்வியை விட்டவன்
கொண்டிட்டான் பெரும் விருதை
கூவியே நிற்கின்றான் வெற்றியது தந்தையின்
குளிர் ஆசி தந்ததென்று
திடும் திடும் தாளத்தில் ராகத்தில் ஒசையில்
தெய்வத்தின் உதவி கொண்டான்
தெளிவாகக் கூறினான் புகழெலாம் அல்லாவின்
திருவடி தமக்கு என்று

ஆண்டவன் அருள் தனை நன்குணர்ந்தான் அவன்
அதனாலே உயருகின்றான்
ஆஸ்கார் விருதினை ஆண்டவன் தந்ததாய்
அன்புடன் கூறுகின்றான்
வேண்டியே நிற்கின்றேன் இறையினை அய்யனே
வெற்றிகள் அருளிச் செய்க
வெல்லாத பரிசின்றி ரகுமானும் மென்மேலும்
வென்றிடக கருணை செய்க

raghavendran
31st May 2010, 07:18 PM
kickass picturisation by Gautam vasudev menon 8-)yes..rajeev menon ode productnu katraru..music album kude nalla varudhu

Roshan
31st May 2010, 09:31 PM
ARR and GVM did this project for free it seems.. Source: The Hindu..

Great great great ! Mind Blowing work. Was very pleasing to see Yuvan :). Lovely to have started with TMS. SPB and Chitra were surely missed. And absolutely terrific work by Goutham Vasudev Menon. In many places he makes us feel emotional with just a fracture of a second scenes. Dad's sms to son in thamizh and the expression of the son - so natural and poetic. Lots of beautiful imaginations and he has visualised so very well. ARR's very first appearance in the song brought goosebumps.

ajaybaskar
31st May 2010, 11:19 PM
U shud have listened to the claps in the auditorium when ARR comes to sing the second line..

raghavendran
1st June 2010, 08:03 AM
U shud have listened to the claps in the auditorium when ARR comes to sing the second line..u went to the auditorium ajay?

ajaybaskar
1st June 2010, 08:13 AM
No.. No... It was evident from the live coverage..

raghavendran
1st June 2010, 05:46 PM
arr's young age pics..
http://www.celluloidtamil.com/unseen-pics-of-a-r-rahman-and-his-team-photo-gallery.html

rayan36
1st June 2010, 07:20 PM
Don't buy it.. You will not have all the tracks in the cd. sort of gimmick by Sony Music.

what a cheap sales gimmick!!! :confused2:

yeah i noticed the tracks wasn't the same, except for Jiya Se Jiya

so u cant find the nokia connections album on sale? hmmmm

wat a waste :?

rayan36
1st June 2010, 07:55 PM
2009 ஆம் ஆண்டில் எழுதப்பட்ட கவிதை இப்போதுதான் கண்ணில் பட்டது.. நெல்லைக் கண்ணன் எழுதியது! மனம் திறந்த பாராட்டுக்கள்!

வரமாய் வர

எல்லாப் புகழும் இறைவனுக்கே என்று
ஏற்றங்கள் சொல்லி நின்றார்
இனிய நம் தமிழிலே சொல்லியே தமிழர்கள்
எல்லோர்க்கும் மகிழ்ச்சி தந்தார்
அல்லா ரக்கா ரகுமான் ஆஸ்கரே வென்றாலும்
அடக்கத்தின் உருவம் கண்டீர்
அதனால்தான் தந்தையின் ஆசியால் வந்தது
ஆஸ்கரும் என்று சொன்னார்

ஆண்டவன் மொழி தந்தை அனைவருக்கும் நன்றி
ஆக்கிய ரகுமான் அவர்
அன்னையின் ஆசியை அன்பதன் ஆசியாய்
அனுபவித்து உணர்ந்து வென்றார்
வேண்டுவோம் ரகுமானின் வெற்றிகள் மென்மேலும்
விரிந்திட வேண்டி நிற்போம்
வெள்ளை மனத்தவர் ரகுமானின் வெற்றிகள்
விண்ணவர் வரமாய் வர

கருணை செய்க

குடும்பத்தைக் காத்திடக் கல்வியை விட்டவன்
கொண்டிட்டான் பெரும் விருதை
கூவியே நிற்கின்றான் வெற்றியது தந்தையின்
குளிர் ஆசி தந்ததென்று
திடும் திடும் தாளத்தில் ராகத்தில் ஒசையில்
தெய்வத்தின் உதவி கொண்டான்
தெளிவாகக் கூறினான் புகழெலாம் அல்லாவின்
திருவடி தமக்கு என்று

ஆண்டவன் அருள் தனை நன்குணர்ந்தான் அவன்
அதனாலே உயருகின்றான்
ஆஸ்கார் விருதினை ஆண்டவன் தந்ததாய்
அன்புடன் கூறுகின்றான்
வேண்டியே நிற்கின்றேன் இறையினை அய்யனே
வெற்றிகள் அருளிச் செய்க
வெல்லாத பரிசின்றி ரகுமானும் மென்மேலும்
வென்றிடக கருணை செய்க

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

shocker
2nd June 2010, 12:08 AM

what a cheap sales gimmick!!! :confused2:

yeah i noticed the tracks wasn't the same, except for Jiya Se Jiya

so u cant find the nokia connections album on sale? hmmmm

wat a waste :?

I think it is only available to download via Nokia phones.

Nerd
2nd June 2010, 01:44 AM
Sorry, what is that? Any link? :oops:

littlemaster1982
2nd June 2010, 06:50 AM
Sorry, what is that? Any link? :oops:

Song composed by AR Rahman for Gujarat Day Celebrations (http://www.4shared.com/audio/tATcCbht/AR_Rahman__JAY_GAY_GARVI__GUJR.html)

It gives me immense pleasure to be commissioned by the Govt. of Gujarat to compose a song for the Gujarat Day celebrations. The song is called 'Jai Jai Garvi Gujarat' and has been written by noted writer Kavi Narmad. Other Gujarati writers on this song are Dilip Rawal, Ankit Trivedi, Sairam Dave & Chiragh Tripathi.
The Hindi version has been written by Prasoon Joshi.

The people of Gujarat are some of the nicest that I've come across whether in India or across the globe. Also, the fact that my wife is from Kutch, gave me additional impetus to compose this song. I sincerely hope this song helps people celebrate and come together as one. The film is being directed by my long term associate Bharatbala who has demonstrated his unique vision and I'm looking forward to the video.

- AR Rahman

Nerd
3rd June 2010, 03:30 AM
Thanks LM. The *2nd half* of the song is terrific.

littlemaster1982
3rd June 2010, 06:43 AM
So, didn't like the first half? ;) Agree, the song suddenly takes a turn midway and soars high.

Appu s
3rd June 2010, 06:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf8OnHgDgZA

Appu s
4th June 2010, 12:39 AM
http://www.mtviggy.com/arrahmansweeps

He's been called the Mozart of Madras; he has taken over Bollywood
and now A.R. Rahman is introducing himself to America on an epic world tour,
The A.R. Rahman Jai Ho Concert: The Journey Home

Win the chance to hang with A.R. Rahman during his tour. Ask him all the questions you always wanted to know in a local city hot spot. Two lucky fans will be picked for each city, so your chances just doubled!
That's not all... You and a guest could get VIP access for that evening's show along with backstage passes. We want you to remember this, so MTV Iggy is outfitting you with Flip Video™ Cams to catch the musical marvel in action!
Now all you have to do is choose your city and fill out the sweepstakes form below... what are you waiting for?!!

MusicIsLife
4th June 2010, 07:53 PM
i saw this video posted on Facebook.. loved it http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=410933497992

NOV
4th June 2010, 08:02 PM
[html:6c218c0dc4]
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs336.ash1/28937_132580310090511_100000156275400_384055_51511 86_n.jpg
[/html:6c218c0dc4]

ajaybaskar
4th June 2010, 10:06 PM
Nov bro,

Photofunia???

baba88
5th June 2010, 04:16 AM
So ARR is working on the Re-Recording of Puli and Endhiran as well as the final work on Raavan ??? Puli and Raavan are supposed to be released within this month ? And ARR has to work for his tour too. So how is he managing all this work ? Hope there wont be a lack of quality because of the time pressure.

raghavendran
5th June 2010, 08:16 AM
So ARR is working on the Re-Recording of Puli and Endhiran as well as the final work on Raavan ??? Puli and Raavan are supposed to be released within this month ? And ARR has to work for his tour too. So how is he managing all this work ? Hope there wont be a lack of quality because of the time pressure.dont worry..even the project delays it doesnt matter for arr unless the quality is gud he wont leave it.. :)

rayan36
5th June 2010, 09:59 PM
AR RAHMAN AND GAUTHAM DID IT FREE

May 31, 2010

Home > More news

Gautham Menon has said that he and AR Rahman did not receive any payment for the World Classical Tamil Conference theme song. The song was penned by the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu M Karunanidhi. The 5-minute song was filmed for over three months as some of the scenes were shot from a helicopter. Rahman took about three months to compose the music for this theme song, he added. Almost all top singers and musicians from Kollywood are involved in this song.

The Tamil Nadu government is making arrangements to have this song telecast in all the cinema theatres.

Yathu
7th June 2010, 01:34 AM
A nice news feature on ARR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrqkugTmeo4

ajaybaskar
8th June 2010, 08:15 PM
Latest Update: American record Label, Interscope Records has signed AR Rahman for an album. ARR will start the work after completing his 'Jai Ho' world tour. Rahman may work with US R&B sensation Usher and British pop singer Dido for this album. The same has been confirmed verbally by ARR. He also revealed that more artists are being approached for being a part of the album.

He has also turned down few offers from hollywood due to the non availability of his dates. He refused to mention the films, respecting their privacy.

Benny Lava
8th June 2010, 08:25 PM
Latest Update: American record Label, Interscope Records has signed AR Rahman for an album. ARR will start the work after completing his 'Jai Ho' world tour. Rahman may work with US R&B sensation Usher and British pop singer Dido for this album. The same has been confirmed verbally by ARR. He also revealed that more artists are being approached for being a part of the album.

He has also turned down few offers from hollywood due to the non availability of his dates. He refused to mention the films, respecting their privacy.

Great news!! Aana one thing... Dido - OK, but Usher?? :roll:

Yathu
9th June 2010, 03:15 AM

Great news!! Aana one thing... Dido - OK, but Usher?? :roll:

Ushers a legend! He's had a lot of hit songs in the past. He's also got a strong fan base too!

Can't wait to see who else will feature on this album.

ajaybaskar
9th June 2010, 08:55 AM
Which one was better, guys? Doing this album or working on those hollywood films?

lancelot
9th June 2010, 09:07 AM
Dido? WOW! this sure sounds good!

Yathu
9th June 2010, 07:58 PM
Which one was better, guys? Doing this album or working on those hollywood films?

Probably doing this album and then maybe going back to doing a major film. There's only so much you can do with a background score. But songs....the possibilities are endless with all these different artist he could work with! :D

rayan36
9th June 2010, 08:25 PM
[tscii:24ec204cef]Chemmozhi Thamizh Mozhi – The Kollywood Connection
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, June 09, 2010]

Although languages such as Greek, Latin and Sanskrit enjoy the status of classical language in the academic world thanks to their antiquity and rich literary heritage, Tamil is the first living language to be given the official status of a classical language. For more than 150 years, Tamil scholars and those conscious of their Tamil heritage have been demanding that the classical character of Tamil be recognised.

Dr. Robert Caldwell (1814-1891) a Colonial Era Evangelist Missionary established beyond an iota of doubt the authenticity of the Dravidian family of languages and the high antiquity of Tamil. According to Caldwell, Tamil is the most highly cultivated of all Dravidian idioms; it can dispense with its Sanskrit altogether, if need be, and not only stand alone but also flourish without its aid.

Such a language is honoured at the Thamizh Chemmozhi Maanadu in June and the Tamil film industry also has done its bit to be a part if the ceremony.

The theme song for the conference was written by Kalaignar Karunanidhi and was set to tune by Oscar and Grammy winner A.R. Rahman. The song was visualized on screen by director Gautham Menon.

The video starts with TM Soundarrajan singing “pirapokkum ella uyirkkum” which means all living humans are equal by birth and then A R Rahman takes over singing “yaathum oore yaavarum kelir” which means “all the world is my place and all the people are my family.”

The conference logo signifies the ideal of the mankind. The image of Thiruvalluvar's statue in Kanyakumari, being lashed by waves caused by the Tsunami saying Kural withstands any calamity the statue is encircled by seven icons from the Indus Valley Civilisation. The Indus Valley Civilisation icons, found in the logo, symbolise the Dravidian civilisation, which is regarded as the most ancient civilisation of the world. The number of icons stresses the importance of ‘seven' in the lives of Tamils.

The audio of the theme song was released on May 15. The song as said before illustrates the glory of different classical works written in various periods ranging from the Sangam era to the post-Sangam period, including those of Kamban and Kalamegam. ARR has kept the instruments to a minimum so that the words are clear. The traditional Tamil nadhaswaram and thavil blend melodiously with the guitar and drums, even as the carnatic notes wind seamlessly with the rap. It took two to two-and-a-half months to make the song for ARR with a large crew of almost 70 singers.

The song features singers who have distinguished themselves in different genres of music such as Carnatic (Aruna Sayeeram, Bombay Jaishree, Nithyashree and Sowmya), folk, Sufi (M.Y.Abdul Ghani, Khajamoideen, S.Sabumoideen), and even rap (Blaaze). It also took the services of singers belonging to different generations such as T.M. Soundararajan, P. Suseela, Aruna Sairam, Shruti Haasan and Srinivas.

A.R.Rahman, Yuvan Shankar Raja, T.M.Soundararajan, P.Suseela, Aruna Sairam, Bombay Jayshree, Karthik, Harini, Chinmayi, Hariharan, Swetha Mohan, G.V.Prakash, Benny Dayal, Srinivas, Vijay Yesudas, T.L.Magarajan, Nithyashree, Sowmya, M.Y.Abdul Gani, M.Kaja Moideen, S.Sabu Moideen, P.L.Krishnan, Naresh Iyer, Gunasekar, Sruthi Haasan, Chinna Ponnu, Susila Raman, Blaaze, Kash n Krizzy, Raihana they all have contributed to the anthem.

The video of the theme song of World Tamil Classical Conference was launched on May 29. The video was a perfect union three generation of singers from TMS-Suseela to Blazze-Shruthi for the video. The video captures the eternity of the language which has lived for thousands of years.

The great work of ARR Rahman and Gautham are the prides of Kollywood.

[/tscii:24ec204cef]

rayan36
9th June 2010, 08:26 PM

Probably doing this album and then maybe going back to doing a major film. There's only so much you can do with a background score. But songs....the possibilities are endless with all these different artist he could work with! :D

Doing an album..DOING AN ALBUM!!!...

ajaybaskar
10th June 2010, 09:36 AM
Official Youtube channel of ARR

www.youtube.com/arrahman

shocker
10th June 2010, 06:40 PM
Interesting... A.R.Rahman would post a 'leaked' video on his 'official youtube channel'?

ajaybaskar
13th June 2010, 02:31 PM
Apart from the singers, i spotted a few cine artists in the semmozhi song. Samantha, VTV Ganesh, Anjali, Kalloori Akhil. Any others you guys spotted?

raghavendran
14th June 2010, 08:36 AM
Apart from the singers, i spotted a few cine artists in the semmozhi song. Samantha, VTV Ganesh, Anjali, Kalloori Akhil. Any others you guys spotted?also super singers...renu,anitha(now a playback singer)..i dont think they sang the semmozhiyam song rite..?

rayan36
17th June 2010, 06:14 AM
Apart from the singers, i spotted a few cine artists in the semmozhi song. Samantha, VTV Ganesh, Anjali, Kalloori Akhil. Any others you guys spotted?also super singers...renu,anitha(now a playback singer)..i dont think they sang the semmozhiyam song rite..?

what a odd selection of singers, my friend said the 'nakka mukka' lady singer was in it :shock:

littlemaster1982
17th June 2010, 06:26 AM
Yes. She is a folk singer, I guess.

raghavendran
17th June 2010, 08:08 AM
Yes. She is a folk singer, I guess.yes..but i think she not only featured but also sang her part..

Appu s
17th June 2010, 10:08 AM

what a odd selection of singers, my friend said the 'nakka mukka' lady singer was in it :shock:
Yeah,her name is Chinna ponnu,the one comes in the last.

rayan36
18th June 2010, 08:03 AM

Yeah,her name is Chinna ponnu,the one comes in the last.

oh she's the one, she really sounds different in this one....

VinodKumar's
18th June 2010, 08:12 AM
One of my friend told me that Rahman is going to work in Ponnar Shangar project. Nejama :huh:

Ponnar Shangar - Prasanth (Hero) , THiyagarajan (Director), Karunanidhi (Vasanamaam)

I have a bet with him that it is a fake news.

satissh_r
18th June 2010, 08:39 AM
One of my friend told me that Rahman is going to work in Ponnar Shangar project. Nejama :huh:

Ponnar Shangar - Prasanth (Hero) , THiyagarajan (Director), Karunanidhi (Vasanamaam)

I have a bet with him that it is a fake news.

I know they wanted him to score, I think he did not agree though. I've seen ads in paper where there is no mention of the music director so they might be looking for someone

Roshan
23rd June 2010, 12:39 PM
I saw some news on FB that ARR and team had escaped from an accident during their tour in the US/Europe. What's it all about ?

jinju
23rd June 2010, 12:49 PM
I saw some news on FB that ARR and team had escaped from an accident during their tour in the US/Europe. What's it all about ?

A R Rahman wrote:
We are forced to cancel the show in Detroit due to an infrastructure collapse at The Pontiac Silverdome which damaged the set. The incident occured during stage construction. No one was seriously injured. Dates in Detroit and Toronto will be rescheduled due to the incident. I regret any inconvenience this causes my fans and am deeply grateful no one from my team or the local Detroit stage crew was seriously injured.

A R Rahman wrote:
Just back from the hospital It's a miracle that my team escaped with minor injuries The lighting rig came apart Thanks to the almighty that everyone's safe.

www.facebook.com/arrahman

ajaybaskar
24th June 2010, 03:51 PM
Orkut fans community has touched '8 lakh' mark.. :clap:

raghavendran
25th June 2010, 08:52 AM
Orkut fans community has touched '8 lakh' mark.. :clap:wow... 8-) ..highest for any indian i guess :wink:

A.ANAND
30th June 2010, 06:38 PM
'Slumdog Millionaire' composer A.R. Rahman reschedules Detroit show after stage collapse at Pontiac Silverdome destroys equipment

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/detroit/index.ssf/2010/06/slumdog_millionaire_composer_a_1.html

A.ANAND
30th June 2010, 06:42 PM
ஆஸ்கர் விருது-நடுவராக ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் தேர்வு

ஆஸ்கர் விருதுகளைத் தேர்வு செய்யும் கமிட்டியில் நடுவர்களாக இசையமைப்பாளர் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானும், ரசூல் பூக்குட்டியும் தேர்வு செய்யப்பட்டுள்ளனர்.

இந்தியர்களுக்குப் பெருமளவில் ஆஸ்கர் விருதுகளை அள்ளிக் கொடுத்த படம் ஸ்லம்டாக் மில்லியனர். இப்படத்துக்காக ரஹ்மான் இரண்டு விருதுகளைப் பெற்றார். ரசூல் பூக்குட்டி, பாடலாசிரியர் குல்சார் ஆகியோருக்கு தலா ஒரு விருது கிடைத்தது.

இந்த நிலையில் விருத்துக்கான படங்களைப் பரிசீலிக்கும் ஆஸ்கர் கமிட்டியில் ரஹ்மானும், பூக்குட்டியும் சேர்க்கப்பட்டுள்ளனர். படங்களைப் பார்த்து மதிப்பிட்டு மார்க் கொடுக்கும் பணி இவர்களுக்கு அளிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது. இவர்கள் போல ஏராளமான பேர் இக்கமிட்டியில் இடம் பெற்றுள்ளனர்.

இதுகுறித்து ரஹ்மான் கூறுகையில், மிகப் பெரிய பணி. இதை எதிர்பார்க்கவில்லை. சிறப்பாக செய்ய வேண்டும் என கருதுகிறேன் என்றார்.

A.ANAND
2nd July 2010, 09:46 PM
SPB on AR Rahman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYAtzmCU3R0&feature=related

please anyone translate in tamil or english :D

A.ANAND
2nd July 2010, 09:50 PM
[tscii:8eb97ca730]Kylie is Rahman's fan!

AR Rahman had a hot surprise visitor in the front row at his Jai Ho concert in Chicago recently ¨C Kylie Minogue.

The Aussie pop princess has apparently kept in touch with the Maestro of Madras since they worked together on the song Chiggy Wiggy from Blue, and Kylie turned up to cheer him on at his Chicago tour performance.

A source was quoted in reports as saying, ¡°Rahman was surprised that Kylie took time off from her busy schedule and made it to the show. Rahman even tweeted on her page after the show, thanking her for her presence.¡±

Rahman was quoted as saying that he was ¡°overwhelmed¡± by the response to the tour, and asked his fans to keep the excitement alive for the remaining concerts.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/Music/Kylie-is-Rahmans-fan/articleshow/6050175.cms[/tscii:8eb97ca730]

Benny Lava
3rd July 2010, 01:35 AM
SPB on AR Rahman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYAtzmCU3R0&feature=related

please anyone translate in tamil or english :D

yes! Someone pls translate!!

ajaybaskar
4th July 2010, 12:30 AM
Kathir is all set to make an international project called 'Gandhi'. ARR is said to have signed the dotted line..

Source: The Hindu

Hope Gandhi doesnt go behind Kasturiba and struggles to reveal his love for her....

sathya_1979
4th July 2010, 10:21 AM
Kathir is all set to make an international project called 'Gandhi'. ARR is said to have signed the dotted line..

Source: The Hindu

Hope Gandhi doesnt go behind Kasturiba and struggles to reveal his love for her....
:rotfl: . I don't understand why Thalaivar continues to work with useless director like Kadhir :think:

ajaybaskar
4th July 2010, 10:29 AM
Open flashback...

Even before Mani had signed ARR, Kadhir had given an advance to ARR-then A.S Dileep-for his untitled movie, even without knowing whether the young composer would make it big in cinema. ARR hasnt forgotten that and still composes for that man, even after knowing that only Kathir and himself can watch those movies with patience.. :-(

Additional Info: ARR also spent some crores from his pocket to release Kadhal Virus..

sathya_1979
4th July 2010, 10:54 AM
Open flashback...

Even before Mani had signed ARR, Kadhir had given an advance to ARR-then A.S Dileep-for his untitled movie, even without knowing whether the young composer would make it big in cinema. ARR hasnt forgotten that and still composes for that man, even after knowing that only Kathir and himself can watch those movies with patience.. :-(

Additional Info: ARR also spent some crores from his pocket to release Kadhal Virus..
angadhaan nikkaraar thalaivar. Varalaaru theriyaama thappa pEsittane. On Myself - :hammer:

jinju
4th July 2010, 10:55 AM
Open flashback...

:thumbsup:
ippdi ellaam history irukku kathirkkum ARRkkum...thanks for the info ajay...

Siv.S
4th July 2010, 11:18 AM
:lol:

Siv.S
4th July 2010, 11:19 AM
Open flashback...

ippdi ellaam history irukku kathirkkum ARRkkum...thanks for the info ajay...

Uthavi panninathu pothum.... Thevaikku athigamave pannittaru namma allu...

even after knowing that only Kathir and himself can watch those movies with patience.. :-(
:rotfl2:

VinodKumar's
4th July 2010, 11:35 AM
Open flashback...

Thanks for the info Ajay. This is a news to me. I had the same question what Satya asked and you cleared it.

ARR :notworthy:

jinju
4th July 2010, 12:12 PM
Siv.S, ur DP :thumbsup:

Kumar2020
4th July 2010, 03:29 PM
i just want the combination of kathir and arr to be 'activated' again :musicsmile:

Siv.S
4th July 2010, 03:48 PM
Siv.S, ur DP :thumbsup:
//Danks Jinju JI :D //

raghavendran
4th July 2010, 07:52 PM
Open flashback...

Additional Info: ARR also spent some crores from his pocket to release Kadhal Virus..ajay since u have mentioned kathir...
just after arr won the oscars..kathir announced his next film"manavar dhinam"...with srikanth in the lead..with thalaivar music...enne aachu andhe padam...any idea? :roll:

ajaybaskar
5th July 2010, 08:13 AM
Kadhir recieved numerous death threats from lots of ARR fans and well wishers for announcing that movie. So probably he shud have shelved it..

raghavendran
5th July 2010, 09:01 AM
Kadhir recieved numerous death threats from lots of ARR fans and well wishers for announcing that movie. So probably he shud have shelved it.. :shock: :lol: :lol:

A.ANAND
5th July 2010, 09:16 AM
[tscii:cbb43376d7]Working with Usher, Dido, but not for my album: A.R. Rahman

Oscar-winning Indian composer A.R. Rahman says contrary to reports, he will not be collaborating with U&B star Usher and pop singer Dido for his next album, but for a different project.

¡°I will be collaborating with Usher and Dido, but it is not for my next album as everyone is saying. It is for some other project, the details of which I can¡¯t reveal yet,¡± Rahman told IANS in a telephonic interview from London.

¡°I¡¯m concentrating on my world tour right now, and my work on the collaboration will start after it is over,¡± added the composer who is rehearsing for his European performances in London.

Rahman, who has worked with music giants like Andrew Lloyd Webber, Kylie Minogue, Nicole Scherzinger of Pussycat Dolls, and over 60 international musicians including Quincy Jones and Lionel Ritchie in a charity single, is touring the US and Europe as part of his ¡°Jai Ho Concert: The Journey Home World Tour¡± concert.

The 44-year-old has already covered many places in the United States, including New York, New Jersey, Washington DC and Chicago among others. The next leg of the tour will be in Britain and different European countries.

Rahman, who shone on the global arena with his work in ¡°Slumdog Millionaire¡± that fetched him double Oscars, says he has put his Hollywood ventures on hold for the time being.

¡°I did get offers from a number of directors in Hollywood, but right now I¡¯m not taking anything because I don¡¯t have the time due to my world tour. So I have postponed that for some time.¡±

Rahman, who cancelled the North American leg of his ¡°Jai Ho¡± concert after a lighting rig collapsed in Detroit before the show, is rehearsing for his next tour, which includes concerts in Zurich, Paris, Amsterdam and then London.

One of the most downloaded composers in Britain, Rahman will perform July 23 at LG Arena in Birmingham, to be followed by shows in the two biggest arenas in London ¡ª O2 and Wembley on July 24 and July 25 respectively.

Victory Entertainments is promoting his concerts in Britain.

Apart from the Oscars, the ace composer, also known as the ¡°Mozart of Madras¡±, has won a BAFTA Award, a Golden Globe and two Grammy Awards.

Asked what makes him a global celebrity, Rahman said: ¡°Well it¡¯s tough for me to tell you what it is. I think it¡¯s just about the timing. First, ¡®Slumdog Millionaire¡¯ happened, then all the awards followed and then one thing led to another.¡±

Before making it big in the global arena, Rahman infused freshness in Indian film music with his amazingly good compositions in ¡°Roja¡±, ¡°Bombay¡±, ¡°Rangeela¡±, ¡°Lagaan¡± and ¡°Jodhaa Akbar¡± and his work was appreciated with four National Film Awards.

Back home he has two projects to look forward to ¡ª Pawan Kalyan¡ªstarrer Telugu film ¡°Puli¡± and director Shankar¡¯s forthcoming Tamil science-fiction ¡°Endhiran¡± that has Rajnikant and Aishwarya Rai in lead roles.

When asked how he manages everything ¡ª from Hindi to regional to international projects, the maestro said: ¡°It is not such a problem managing everything. It goes on simultaneously. Also, I have a very hardworking team, which is always there to help me.¡±

It¡¯s not just Rahman who has a musical mind in his family; son Amin is also showing signs of his father¡¯s talent. The six¡ªyear¡ªold sang a song in the Hollywood film, ¡°Couples Retreat¡±.

So will Rahman encourage his son to get into the industry?

¡°Right now, we can¡¯t say anything. He is too young. It all depends, when he grows up,¡± said the ace composer.

Keywords: Indian music composer, Oscar-winning musician, A.R. Rahman, Mozart of Madras

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/music/article501175.ece?homepage=true[/tscii:cbb43376d7]

A.ANAND
5th July 2010, 11:40 AM
[tscii:e9e8803b6a]Mani Ratnam returns to city based romance

CHENNAI: The media was full of stories of 'Raavan's dismal performance at the box office, but nothing much is known about how 'Raavanan', the Tamil version of the film, had fared. But fact remains that the film's satellite release rights were sold for Rs.5 Crores, a record by itself.

Meanwhile, Mani Ratnam has decided to kick-start his next untitled Hindi film. With Ranbir Kapoor in the lead, the rest of the star-cast would be finalized shortly. Unlike his magnum opus ¡¥Raavanan¡¦, this will be completely shot in the cosmopolitan cities with a major portion being filmed in London. Previously Mani Ratnam had planned to make the film a bilingual with Silambarasan donning the lead role.

This time however, Mani is not going to make a Tamil version. Veteran cinematographer PC Sriram and music director AR Rahman have been signed up for this film.

http://expressbuzz.com/entertainment/news/mani-ratnam-returns-to-city-based-romance/186955.html

again hindi :banghead: [/tscii:e9e8803b6a]

A.ANAND
5th July 2010, 01:01 PM
My laziness is my toughest competition: A R Rahman

Great timing. Amazing good luck. Sheer genius. All of this had a role to play in making A R Rahman the global phenomenon that he is today.

Though the west has never been unaware of Rahman, a mall?film called Slumdog Millionaire changed things overnight. Now the 44-year-old Oscar winner has worked with over 60 international musicians, including Quincy Jones and Lionel Ritchie, in a charity single, is planning to collaborate with Usher and Dido, and is touring the US and Europe as part of his ai Ho Concert: The Journey Home World Tour?concert.

Sify.com caught up with the maestro on a brief visit to his hometown, Chennai. Excerpts from the interview.

A little about the ai Ho?concert. Why did you plan it?

This concert was a chance to interact with the best talent out there. It was also the right timing and exposure. My last tour was in 2007, so everybody wanted another one and people kept asking me. So we thought of doing this in a different way.

Special: All about A R Rahman

Wee seen a lot of Rahman the performer on this tour. Are you enjoying performing?

Yes, I am enjoying it. We have a director who wants the best from everybody, so we are all forced to give our 100 per cent.

Do you plan to perform in the remaining cities of North America?

We will be going back in September and performing there.

Your next stop is Zurich. What are they to expect from the Isai Puyal?

I have already given a press meet and they asked some great and interesting questions. I have got great support from them. This is the first time we are all going to this country.

We recently saw pictures of you all dressed up and trying dance moves. Is that you experimenting or did you just succumb to pressure?

Well, it goes with the theme. They wanted me to be like a ring master in a circus, literally. So, initially, when I heard the creative I felt it was ok - it was out of the box. And then when I saw some of the footage, I liked it.

A memorable incident from your tour.

There have been lots - the first two months of rehearsal, the first show. It was like going into another world.

How are fans reacting to you? Is the audience mostly Indian?

Wee had a mix actually. It mostly been a desi audience, but there has been a significant amount of improvement from what it was before.

Have the Oscars changed people's perception of you?

I think in a way, yes, it has given me more exposure. People know me even if I don know them.

The music of Raavan got mixed reviews. Your reactions?

Everything new gets mixed reviews. It is true that it did not have any of the normal duets and the kind of stuff that you have in Maniji films, but I think when they see the film they will understand what the music score is about.

However, there have been a lot of very kind remarks about it, too. And about the last song, which has not been released yet. Some of the music was not released because there was still work to be done. Now we are going to release the other five tracks, which will make it to the album.

We have heard AR Rahman loves working when the world sleeps. Any particular reasons for that?

That because communication is a lot easier with the other end of the world. I mean, I work with people in the US and stuff, but now the reasons have changed

Is there anything left for you to achieve?

Well, I don consider achievement; I consider the whole path to be a beautiful journey. Because achievements can be broken, somebody else can do better things.

I don consider music to be like sports - that I have done 100 meters in 2 seconds or things like that. So sometimes you just relax and see what youe done and sometimes the simplest things give you the most satisfaction.

Special: All about A R Rahman

But the good thing about the whole thing has been the opportunity to give back. I now have a music school and that is good.

Were you happy with how the Pussycat Dolls made Jai Ho? Did it really need a 'western' version?

It was intentional. Initially, it sounded weird but it helped the song reach out to younger audience. It was number one in 17 different countries.

Who according to you is your competition?

My laziness is my toughest competition. I try to overcome that compulsorily and do something and get satisfaction out of that. And I might just give my 10 per cent, but there is always a question that comes your way and, when that happens, it gives you inspiration to work harder.

From Roja to the present?how has the journey been?

The journey has been good with good wishes, blessings and encouragement given by people. Thank you for that.

http://sify.com/movies/bollywood/fullstory.php?id=14948143

A.ANAND
5th July 2010, 08:56 PM
Video: AR's Journey home tour coverage in Sun TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh_hUnX1Qas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF6Dv2RU9dQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuRxqowDpoc&feature=related

A.ANAND
5th July 2010, 08:56 PM
-EDITED-

irir123
7th July 2010, 08:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29qsxTD7dY4 (2010) - listen to that and listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6aLUAfwsJk
(1997-98)

looks like Karen Elson has lifted from ARR's "tu hi tu" from 'kabhi na kabhi' !!

irnet
9th July 2010, 01:41 AM
actually

the song is very similar to Simon/Garfunkle's Are you going to scarborugh..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa9iq90bs6o&feature=fvst

Simon/Garfunkle composed it based on a folk song from England...

Looks like, ARR inspired from it too...

sathya_1979
9th July 2010, 08:55 AM
Aiyyayo :banghead: :hammer:

A.ANAND
12th July 2010, 11:03 AM
A.R. Rahman to meet fans in Britain before tour

2010-07-12 09:40:00

Oscar award winning music composer A.R. Rahman will meet his fans and mediapersons here Tuesday ahead of his musical tour of Britain later this month.

Rahman is now on the European leg of the 'Lebara Jai Ho A.R. Rahman: The Journey Home' following his North America tour where some shows in the US and Canada were cancelled after a stage-collapse incident in Detroit disrupted the tour schedule.

The European leg of the tour will kick off in Zurich July 16, followed by concerts in Paris and Mannheim.

He arrives in London Monday, according to a release by Vijay Entertainments, which is organising the British leg of his tour.

The concerts in Britain will take Rahman to the LG Arena in Birmingham July 23, with the closing weekend July 24 and 25 in the two biggest arenas in London -- the O2 and Wembley.

http://sify.com/news/a-r-rahman-to-meet-fans-in-britain-before-tour-news-international-khmjEdceeca.html

A.ANAND
12th July 2010, 11:04 AM
[tscii:0580b36893]Rahman To Compose Official Theme Song For CWG

Here¡¯s good news for all Rahmaniacs. A.R. Rahman is all set to compose official theme song for common wealth games¡¯2010.There are not just sports to look forward in this year¡¯s common wealth games but there¡¯s a lot more stored in for the people. Composer-musician Ranjit Barot will be the music director of the games while Oscar winning composer A.R. Rahman will be composing the official anthem for the games. Barot says that since the games are being held in India so the underlying theme would be Indian capturing the essence of ancient and contemporary India. There will be number of cultural segments involved in the games. Rahman has no doubt showed to the world the immense talent stored in him. Now this time he will be composing for cwg. It will be a work of great responsibility. It would be challenging though but he is blessed with unique talent. From his first movie till now, people have enjoyed every bit of his music. His work speaks for him. There¡¯s certain element in his composition that makes it different. The official anthem would feature Indian culture and essence. All the fans of Rahman will be eagerly waiting for the common wealth theme song composed by him.

http://www.eworldpost.com/rahman-to-compose-official-theme-song-for-cwg-3094.html[/tscii:0580b36893]

Yathu
13th July 2010, 02:47 PM
ARR was on BBC Breakfast this morning and I missed it!! I hope someone recorded it and uploads to YouTube!

A.ANAND
14th July 2010, 07:50 AM
Munbe vaa by kid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RkK3FnUBqA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE1jGft0NLs&feature=related

:lol:

ajaybaskar
14th July 2010, 11:07 AM
If reports from ARRYG are to be believed, Danny Boyle has completed the shoot of his film '127 Hours' with James Franco in the lead. A.R Rahman scores for the film. Antony Dod Mantle handles the camera and Simon Beaufoy pens the script.

A.ANAND
14th July 2010, 12:50 PM
127 Hours - Official Trailer [HD]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icsAQVM9HqE

look like fake trailor!

ajaybaskar
14th July 2010, 03:37 PM
Its an official fake, Anand Sir.. :lol2:

Neengalum adha sincere ah post pannirukkeenga.. Ippadipatta veriththanamaana rasigargal irukkumvarai thalaivanai yaaraalum adichukka mudiyaadhu.. Adichukka mudiyaadhu.. :lol:

Its some foolish video clubbed with the great Requiem for a dream track by Clint Mansell (Namma hubber Venkirajavoda kudumba song)

A.ANAND
14th July 2010, 07:08 PM
13 year old gal performance in ARR Round @ super star jr's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQdk0CK9vW4

A.ANAND
14th July 2010, 07:09 PM
[tscii:7033f39f7b]Politics is hell, won’t join it: Rahman (IANS)

14 July 2010, Music maestro A.R. Rahman has no intention of ever joining politics, describing it as a “hell”

”It is from one hell to another - lack of creativity is a hell and the other (politics) is a hell too. I have no intention to join politics,” Rahman, 44, told reporters Tuesday at a press meet here when he was asked if he would join politics if his creativity fades.

The Mozart of Madras is here for the European leg of his ongoing “Jai Ho Concert: The Journey Home World Tour” concert.

”This leg of the tour is different. It is a hybrid between the east and the West. It is based on my best music in the last 18 years. This is an eastern’s contribution and it has fusion by the directors, musicians and production crews who are Westerns.”

One of the most downloaded composers in Britain, Rahman will perform July 23 at LG Arena in Birmingham, to be followed by shows in the two biggest arenas in London - O2 and Wembley on July 24 and July 25 respectively.

The Oscar-winning Indian composer also said that the show would be a new experiment. “My show will be mix of a circus, a rock show and Hindi film songs.”

Asked if music can bring peace between India and Pakistan, Rahman said: “Lots of musicians from Pakistan have come to India like Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. And my music is loved by many people in Pakistan. In fact, my New York show had lots of people from Pakistan. I am a musician and I like this peace process.”

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/Displayarticle08.asp?section=newsmakers&xfile=data/newsmakers/2010/July/newsmakers_July22.xml[/tscii:7033f39f7b]

A.ANAND
14th July 2010, 07:11 PM
[tscii:3804bc6208]Concerts have improved my singing skills, says Rahman

Music composer A.R. Rahman, who prefers creating music to singing, said that his singing has improved by taking part in music concerts and by preparing for them.
“I find my singing has improved with the numbers of concerts I have been taking part in,” Rahman, who is on the UK leg of his Jai Ho: The Journey Home world concert tour, said.
The tour, he said, is a hybrid between East and West. “It is a hybrid in the sense between a circus, a rock show, Hindi film music and a music concert, a unique experience,” Rahman said, adding that the director and all the production staff on the concert tour are from the West, including creative director Amy Tinkham.
The concerts will have songs, moving from English to Hindi to Tamil, “you would not be able to recognise the language,” he said.
Normally reticent Rahman was more forthcoming on Tuesday afternoon although he restricted his first response to questions to just a word or so. However, he made an effort to elaborate his answers and even made humorous remarks during his interaction with the media at a London hotel.
Rahman said he knows how to read Hindi and knows Urdu and Arabic, so his diction in Hindi while singing is not an issue. However, he said he lacks practice to be able to speak fluently.
Making it clear that he was not interested in politics at all, Rahman said he was happy composing music and would not consider joining politics at all. He said he will continue composing music for Hollywood films, but would restrict them to one a year.
“I work in India two to three films at a time, but I cannot do that in the US, I would get sued. So I work on the score for two months and finish it.”

http://www.asianage.com/newsmakers/concerts-have-improved-my-singing-skills-says-rahman-046[/tscii:3804bc6208]

A.ANAND
14th July 2010, 07:20 PM
AR Rahman "thanks God" no-one injured in stage collapseBy Shabnam Mahmood

BBC Asian Network

Rahman's work on Slumdog Millionaire earned him Oscars for best original score and song Slumdog Millionaire composer AR Rahman says he "thanks God" that nobody from his crew was killed when his stage collapsed last month.

Staff were injured and instruments were destroyed when a lighting rig collapsed during preparations for a gig in Detroit.

"I thank God they're all still alive," Rahman told the BBC Asian Network.

The incident forced the composer to postpone several American and European dates on his Jai Ho tour.

At the time, Rahman said the accident had "a profound effect" on his band, dancers and crew.

"But it is the fans to whom I send the most heartfelt apology," he added.

3D film

"It was a stressful time," Rahman told the BBC on Tuesday, adding that his stage had been completely rebuilt for upcoming UK dates.

The Indian musician, who has worked with Kylie Minogue and Lord Lloyd-Webber, said British audiences could expect a lavish production, combining the spectacles of Broadway shows, circus acts and rock concerts.

There are also plans for the tour - named after the hit single he recorded for Slumdog Millionaire - to be filmed in 3D. Rahman called it part of his "bigger vision" for the concerts.

Rahman has rescheduled shows in North America for September.

But on Tuesday he announced that shows planned for Zurich, Paris and Mannheim this weekend have been cancelled "due to circumstances beyond our control".

He has promised to go back to the US to perform later this year.

Rahman has been asked to compose the official anthem for this year's Commonwealth Games in Delhi, India.

He is teaming up with renowned Tamil film director Bala for the project.

"He is an old friend, we are a great team and I'm glad to be working with him again" Rahman said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment+arts-10631833

A.ANAND
14th July 2010, 07:26 PM
(Namma hubber Venkirajavoda kudumba song)-AJAY

:rotfl:

A.ANAND
14th July 2010, 07:28 PM
[tscii:5b2d190601]A R Rahman tour resumes in Birmingham on July 23
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, July 14, 2010]

A R Rahman’s ‘Jai Ho’ Concert European tour that was to happen Zurich on July 16th, Paris July 17th and Mannheim on July 18th was earlier postponed due to a freak accident in Detroit.

A R Rahman, who is on a world tour, cancelled his North American tour stops in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Vancouver and Houston after the stage erected at the Pontiac Silverdome fell apart on June 19. At that time Rahman had said there was no plan to cancel the tour's European and UK dates. North American Jai Ho Concert dates will be rescheduled for September.

So as per new plans the ‘Jai Ho’ Concert tour resumes on July 23rd in Birmingham and will play as scheduled in London on the 24th and 25th

In his message A R Rahman said “In my 15 years of doing concerts I have always put my fans first. The accident in Detroit has had a profound effect on all of us. The band, dancers and crew and I are all highly disappointed, but it is the fans to whom I send the most heart felt apology.” A R Rahman.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/58598.html[/tscii:5b2d190601]

A.ANAND
15th July 2010, 09:06 PM
A.R. Rahman Jai Ho Tour London Press Conference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UYwGo74wyA

SoftSword
16th July 2010, 04:11 AM
watch this:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1297104801443

Yathu
16th July 2010, 05:33 AM
watch this:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1297104801443

Actually saw this a week or so ago on YouTube. Really cool!

Anyways here's the YouTube link for those who don't have an FB account:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv242qOnHJA

:D

A.ANAND
16th July 2010, 08:11 AM
Facebook fan count - nearing 1 Million

http://www.facebook .com/arrahman will hit 1,000,000 fans within few hours!

source:arryg

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :victory:

A.ANAND
18th July 2010, 08:06 PM
ARR's Message on Crossing 1 Million Fans on Facebook

A.R.RAHMAN:Thank you for your continued support and love... Happy to see that we have more than 1 million friends here Love you all for being with me
Ellapugazhum Iraivanukke

http://www.facebook.com/arrahman

-arryg

A.ANAND
19th July 2010, 07:20 AM
Kizhakku Chemayile - BGM with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHvGy668KP0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAFi9pK_NUA

raghavendran
19th July 2010, 08:17 AM
Kizhakku Chemayile - BGM with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHvGy668KP0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAFi9pK_NUA :thumbsup:

music man
19th July 2010, 10:36 PM
Surprised to see this...

ARR performing MJ's Black or White..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4wm9gi-DbY

Cheers..

ajaybaskar
21st July 2010, 06:45 PM
A.R Rahman theme available in www.epicbrowser.com.

After installing the browser, click in the following order.

Skins>Music>Popular Musicians>A.R Rahman

ajaybaskar
21st July 2010, 07:57 PM
A TOI interview with Sukhvinder Singh have shocked the ARR fans..

'ARR is a living saint. He cant do anything negative. But there is a virus in his hermitage, which is not from the music world. If that virus is not checked in time, it may just corrode his work.'

Benny Lava
21st July 2010, 08:02 PM
Is he referring to some person? :?

ajaybaskar
21st July 2010, 08:19 PM
I think so... :-(

Yathu
21st July 2010, 08:39 PM

'ARR is a living saint. He cant do anything negative. But there is a virus in his hermitage, which is not from the music world. If that virus is not checked in time, it may just corrode his work.'

What is he talking about? :shock: Way too cryptic.

& Whats a hermitage? :?

ajaybaskar
21st July 2010, 08:42 PM
Hermit is a person devoted to a religion.

Benny Lava
21st July 2010, 09:01 PM

What is he talking about? :shock: Way too cryptic.

& Whats a hermitage? :?

I think he is saying that one of Rahman's close associates will have a detrimental effect on his work. Apparently that person is not from music field :?

Yathu
21st July 2010, 11:07 PM
I'm sure ARR, out of all people, is smart enough to know/ see what is wrong and what is right.

I don't understand why Sukhwinder Singh had to tell the media about this. :?

ajaybaskar
21st July 2010, 11:09 PM
I think he has still not come out of the Oscar incident. He was unhappy that ARR left him behind and went to LA.

Yathu
21st July 2010, 11:27 PM
[tscii:164e0c1ed2]Yeah I just read the rest of the article.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment-Music/There-is-a-virus-in-Rahmans-hermitage/articleshow/6195100.cms

I thought he didn't go with ARR to the Oscars ceremony because he had visa problems. I came across this article too on the TOI website:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Bollywood/Sukhwinder-Singh-sings-a-sad-tune/articleshow/4170371.cms

Were you officially denied a visa?

Around 20 days back, I got a call from AR Rahman’s office asking me to send my official documents for the visa. It took me three minutes to do the same. Rahman told me that I needed to fly down to Chennai for a practice session for a pre-Oscar
programme on the 19th of this month in LA. But since there was no intimation from his side after that, I tried calling Rahman up. He didn’t take my calls. When he called me up, he was already in LA. Maybe, he thought that I would be feeling bad about it. He told me there would be a chain of shows on an American channel and that there would be no dearth of opportunities for me henceforth.

Didn’t you seek any clarification?

Why should I? It was up to him to decide who he wanted to take with him. I couldn’t have begged him for a show. And I’m sure Rahman is not the culprit. Someone must have played foul. Gulzarsaab too has faced a similar situation. I’m sure Rahman will explain when he comes back, but I’m not going to ask him anything.

You go to the US for shows regularly. Didn’t you have an open and valid visa?

I’ve been to the US about 30 times and know that work permit is a matter of half-a-day. At times, I’ve even got my visa on the day of the flight. In this case, I had sent my documents 20 days in advance, so I never thought that work permit would be a problem. I thought Rahman’s team would organize things for me. Visa is not the issue — even the slum children have made it to the Oscars.

Wasn’t there any reaction from the Academy Awards team, the distributors of the film and the Indian government?

It isn’t something to create an issue about. If I wanted, I could have got in touch with government officials. But I wanted to go with Rahman knowing about it. He’s the one for whom I am what I am today. Uske jaan mein meri jaan atki huyi hai. There was something he was feeling shy about explaining to me. I’m not under the impression that he conspired against me. Some day, I’ll get to know who the culprits were.

Why didn’t you call a press conference?

Do you think I’m like that? That would’ve hurt Rahman. I wish him all the success in the world.

You must be sad, having missed out on such a golden opportunity...

Not at all. The number nominated in the original song category at the Oscars, is sung by me. That gives me a kick. Sadly, singers of all other numbers will be performing. People are asking me why I am in India now. Main kya bataun? Sab mujhe ullu banake bhaag gaye! It’s depressing to be left all alone to answer such questions. But then, I’ve my work here. I’ve just sung for Vishal Bhardwaj’s Kaminaay and am happy with the promos. Oscars ka raasta pata chal gaya hai mujhe... in the coming two years, I’m surely going to perform there. Just wait and watch!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When did all this happen? :shock:[/tscii:164e0c1ed2]

Yathu
21st July 2010, 11:46 PM
I now think Sukwinder was right to go to the media about it. I mean how can they just get away with that.

I think the choice to ditch Sukwinder probably came from ARRs management. They probably wanted to sell ARR (and ARR alone) in the US without the distraction of Sukhwinder Singh.

I think that's also the reason why ARRs doing most of the performances in the Jai Ho tour. There's a bigger PR campaign behind all of this.

I'm just speculating here though. :?

ajaybaskar
22nd July 2010, 08:55 AM
Makes sense...

A.ANAND
22nd July 2010, 09:28 AM
printed media-va namba mudiyathu,once again suk kitta itha patti ketta 'naan appadi sollave illa -nnu'sattiam pannuvaru! :banghead:

music man
22nd July 2010, 02:10 PM
Only ARR and Sukwinder knew the truth...ARR always gives his crew members due recognition. Oscars and Grammys are a big event...Its weird how come they could miss Sukwinder Singh..He was one of the main singers behind Jai Ho...whereas Tanvi and Vijay Prakash went to USA.

Its now clear, Sukwinder Singh is unhappy but I believe evey thing is fine between ARR and SS as SS has sung for Raavan....

I could clearly sense, SS is passing a warning msg to his pal ARR....ARR please wake up....

A.ANAND
22nd July 2010, 07:31 PM
SS is passing a warning msg to his pal ARR....ARR please wake up....-- MUSICMAN

thalaivar reaction eppadi irukunnu paapom!

A.ANAND
23rd July 2010, 07:39 AM
"I prefer Rahman the composer rather than Rahman the singer." - A R Rahman

Good journalists know the golden rule of interviewing a celebrity- avoid the later interview slots. The celeb may be exhausted and uninterested or worse, cancel the interview. Hence, it was a bit unnerving when I had the last slot to interview the musical genius of this century, AR Rahman- known as the Mozart of Madras is India's foremost music composer. His recent awards a double whammy at the Oscars and the Grammys for the best song and best score of the critically acclaimed Slumdog Millionaire have ensured his place in the world music hall of fame. He is currently on his Lebara Jai Ho Journey Home World Tour and after conquering the USA, is in the UK to perform in Birmingham and London this weekend.

Dressed in a smart grey sweater and dark denims, the maestro surprised me with zero starry tantrums and a warm welcome. After making sure I was comfortable, he quickly got down to our interview.

With the amount of projects you seem to be involved in, your schedule sounds maniacal.

It's not busy. I don't take what I can't handle. I work day, night, anytime when the music comes, it depends on my jet lag.

Are you stressed?

Stress is an understatement. Its like one of those Akbar-Birbal stories. You are deep in ice cold water but you see a lamp at a distance and the light keeps you warm. I see the love of the people and it keeps me going.

Tell us about the concert.

This concert is a hybrid between east and west. My director, the crew and managers are all from the west. Previous shows have been marked by their high energy. While that remains, this show is a hybrid between a rock show, circus, Hindi film and others which you will see.

How has the Jai Ho concert been so far?

It started well but then it paused in Detroit. Now we are in UK. It's the same show, the same tour. The only difference is the location and the people.

How different is it playing live?

Concerts are a different feeling. There are a mass of people enjoying your songs. Each area is different. Certain area there are more Gujarati and Punjabis. New Jersey had more Telugu. Chicago had a Tamil-Telugu mix. Applause comes from different quarters on different shows.

Do you decide the song list based on type of crowd?

The song list was a creative decision not based on popular demand. It is a mix of popular things and musicality. The show has different moments like western, love, hip-hop,spirituality, modern etc. I enjoy all the tracks, there is nothing I don't like to play. 'Rang De Basanti', 'Humma Humma' and many slow medleys are usually the crowd pleasers.

Do you feel nervous before you play at a concert?

I am always nervous. You don't know whats going to happen the next time. It's not a studio where you can fix it. If a mike doesn't work it doesn't work. Those moments are scary. The scariest moment was Detroit when the whole stage fell on us.

Moving onto the Indian film industry, some film makers sign you before any of the actors while others only want to work with you for their project.

I am grateful to them for wanting me, but there is only so much I can do. I have limited time as I travel a lot so I try best to fulfill all obligations at same time moving forward. I usually do a couple of Hindi and Tamil movies and one English one a year. In India I can do 2-3 projects at a time. You cannot do that in Hollywood. There they will sue me if I don't work on it solely

Since the beginning you have never stuck to film music and worked on various projects and collaborations. Is this important for a music composer?

As an artist you want to represent your art. You should not be stuck to one thing. Because you are doing different things to compliment film music too. Doing only film music is monotonous. When I come back from doing Bombay Dreams my whole outlook to film music is different.

How important is Indian Film music today for an Indian musician?

Film music is still the biggest platform for music in India. We don't want any other platform, that is the thing.

Should one work on both background score and music, in a film?

I have worked on both background and music in movies. That is the way we used to do it. But the score takes so much of time, about three months whereas you can finish the songs in almost two weeks. Then you get your money and get out. But because of commitment to the film and since my name is on it I prefer doing the whole thing, which doesn't leave me with much time. The songs is what makes the film popular but I enjoy doing background scores too.

Is there anyone you can't say to no to?

Mani Ratnam is my mentor I do all his movies. I am proud to be associated with him.

b>How do you choose a project?

Sometimes you like certain projects because they take you out of comfort zone and make you want to think how are you going to pull it off. Most of the time this drives me to do a movie. Film scripts, lyrics, nature and directors inspire me.

How important is classical music training to being a music composer?

Classical music training is very important. If you are trained, you can contribute and make your music richer. Otherwise you are limited to what you know and you will get fed up soon. Music is a learning process. You can't say oh you learnt it all. Each day the definition of music changes from day to day. You need to define it each day. My children are learning music.

Have you changed the way you work since winning the Oscars?

After the Oscars I am more careful about my music. Now not only Indian audiences listen to me, but the West does as well. So I need to think a lot. Anyone can download from iTunes nowadays. Not a good position to be in.

Do you prefer Rahman composer or singer?

I prefer Rahman the composer rather than Rahman the singer.

How does it feel to be called the "Mozart of Today"?

When people give me such compliments like "Mozart of Today" I let it pass me. I of course feel good. But its like when they say the term 'Bollywood' I don't like it but I let it be.

Is there anything you wish you had done differently?

I don't think like that (look back and wonder if things could be done differently). I always believe in spirituality, destiny. Certain things are meant to be like that.

With that, Rahman reaches out for his brand new Canon 5D camera. It is only a week old, he tells me as he begins clicking away views of the Regent's Canal at Camden, London. It is a hobby, we discover and Rahman takes pictures wherever he travels. Some Indian staff of the hotel hosting today's interviews come to meet Rahman. Graciously he poses with them. The staff leave with big smiles, joyous at meeting their idol. And so did I.

http://www.bollyspice.com/view.php/5331-i-prefer-rahman-the-composer-rather-than-rahman-the-singer-a-r-rahman.html

A.ANAND
23rd July 2010, 07:44 AM
A R Rahman Press Conference for UK Tour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfLDGpW1oyQ

A.ANAND
24th July 2010, 10:57 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/jul/23/paul-morley-showing-off-ar-rahmen

A.ANAND
24th July 2010, 11:01 AM
AR Rahman Medley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3f3YljHLf8

A.ANAND
24th July 2010, 11:07 AM
ARR photos on Life.com

http://www.life.com/search/?type=images&q0=a.r+rahman&page=1

A.ANAND
24th July 2010, 11:08 AM
music -making of MANGAL PANDEY-The Rising

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKqAaRW98BQ

ajaybaskar
24th July 2010, 11:50 AM
Anand Sir,

Yahoogroupsla romba neram suththikittu irundha maadhiri theriyudhu? :lol2:

A.ANAND
24th July 2010, 03:29 PM
Anand Sir,

Yahoogroupsla romba neram suththikittu irundha maadhiri theriyudhu? :lol2:

enna pannarathu sir,polappu paathi neram athalaye poguthu! :( en velai vera antha mathiri! :lol:

thalaivar fans kaha seiyum sevai ithu! :D

ajaybaskar
24th July 2010, 05:01 PM
Nadaththunga, nadaththunga.. :-)

Endhiran audio launch function attend panna paarunga.. Orey kallula maamaram..

A.ANAND
25th July 2010, 06:27 PM
AR Rahman Interview to BBC UK Radio

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/ondemand/tamil/meta/dps/2010/07/100717_rahmanvoice?bgc=003399&lang=ta&nbram=1&nbwm=1&bbram=1&ms3=14&ms_javascript=true&bbcws=1&size=au&bbwm=1

A.ANAND
25th July 2010, 06:27 PM
Review: A R Rahman Rocks O2 Arena In Dazzling London Concert

http://worldmusic.suite101.com/article.cfm/review-a-r-rahman-rocks-o2-arena-in-dazzling-london-concert#ixzz0uhHlXO3J

A.ANAND
25th July 2010, 06:28 PM
லண்டனில் ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான் இசை நிகழ்ச்சி

ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான்
தனது உலகளாவிய இசைப் பயணத்தின் ஒரு பகுதியாக ஐக்கிய ராஜ்ஜியத்தில் இசை நிகழ்சிகளை நடத்த ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான் தற்போது லண்டன் வந்துள்ளார்.

ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான் செவ்வி
அடுத்த வெள்ளிக்கிழமையன்று பர்மிங்ஹாம் பகுதியிலும் சனி மற்றும் ஞாயிறு தேதிகளில் லண்டனிலும் ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மானின் இசை நிகழ்ச்சி நடைபெறவுள்ளது.

இந்த நிகழ்சிகள் வெறும் மெல்லிசை நிகழ்சியாக இருக்காது என்றும் இதில் ஒரு மையக் கருத்து இருக்கும் என்றும் ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான் கூறினார்.

டில்லியில் நடைபெறும் பொதுநலவாய போட்டிகளுக்கான 'தீம் சாங்' அதாவது அடையாள இசையை அமைக்கும் பணியில் தான் ஈடுபட்டுள்ளதாக கூறும் ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான், தமிழ் திரையுலகில் மிகப் பெரும் பொருட் செலவில் எடுக்கப்பட்டதாக கூறப்படும் ரஜினிகாந்த நடித்த எந்திரன் படத்துக்கான திரை இசை திருப்திகரமாக வந்துள்ளதாகவும் குறிப்பிட்டார்.

விமர்சனம்

ரஹ்மான் இசையமைத்த செம்மொழி மாநாட்டுப் பாடல் பெரிய அளவிலான வரவேற்ப்பை பெற்றிருந்தாலும் - சில விமர்சனங்களையும் அது தோற்றுவித்துள்ளது.

தமிழை அடையாளப்படுத்தும் இசை இதில் இல்லை என்று விமர்சனத்துக்கு பதிலளித்த ரஹ்மான், மொழி மாறி வரும் ஒன்று என்றும் அதைகாட்டும் விதமாகவே புதிய தலைமுறைக்கு எடுத்துச் செல்ல தான் முயன்றதாகக் கூறினார். மூன்று தலைமுறையைச் சேர்ந்த பாடகர்கள் இதில் பங்கெடுத்துள்ளனர் அதை குறை சொல்வது சரியாக இருக்காது என்றும் அவர் கூறினார்.

திருக்குறளை இளைய தலைமுறையினருக்கு கொண்டு செல்லும் நோக்கியில் புதிய இசைத் தொகுப்பாக கொண்டு வர தான் திட்டமிட்டுள்ளதாகவும், ஆனால் வேலைப் பளு காரணமாக இதை தற்போது செய்ய முடியாமல் இருக்கதாகவும் ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான் தமிழோசையிடம் தெரிவித்தார்.

கொழும்பில் நடைபெற்ற ஐஃபா விருது விழாவில் கலந்து கொள்ளக்கூடாது என்று தமிழ்த் திரையுலகினர் எடுத்திருந்த நிலைப்பாடு குறித்து கேட்டபோது, 'மிகவும் உணர்வு பூர்வமான விடயங்கள் இவற்றில் சம்மந்தப்பட்டிருந்ததால் அந்த நிலைப்பாடு சரியாகவே அமைந்திருக்கும்' எனவும் ரஹ்மான் கூறினார்.

sathya_1979
25th July 2010, 09:04 PM
podhunalavaaya pOttigaL - I presume it's commonwealth. podhu soththu nu pOttirundhaa easiyaa purinjirukkum.

littlemaster1982
26th July 2010, 12:56 AM
Has this been posted before?

Dil se re sung by American capella group (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv242qOnHJ)

rayan36
26th July 2010, 08:25 AM
லண்டனில் ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான் இசை நிகழ்ச்சி

ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான்
தனது உலகளாவிய இசைப் பயணத்தின் ஒரு பகுதியாக ஐக்கிய ராஜ்ஜியத்தில் இசை நிகழ்சிகளை நடத்த ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான் தற்போது லண்டன் வந்துள்ளார்.

ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான் செவ்வி
அடுத்த வெள்ளிக்கிழமையன்று பர்மிங்ஹாம் பகுதியிலும் சனி மற்றும் ஞாயிறு தேதிகளில் லண்டனிலும் ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மானின் இசை நிகழ்ச்சி நடைபெறவுள்ளது.

இந்த நிகழ்சிகள் வெறும் மெல்லிசை நிகழ்சியாக இருக்காது என்றும் இதில் ஒரு மையக் கருத்து இருக்கும் என்றும் ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான் கூறினார்.

டில்லியில் நடைபெறும் பொதுநலவாய போட்டிகளுக்கான 'தீம் சாங்' அதாவது அடையாள இசையை அமைக்கும் பணியில் தான் ஈடுபட்டுள்ளதாக கூறும் ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான், தமிழ் திரையுலகில் மிகப் பெரும் பொருட் செலவில் எடுக்கப்பட்டதாக கூறப்படும் ரஜினிகாந்த நடித்த எந்திரன் படத்துக்கான திரை இசை திருப்திகரமாக வந்துள்ளதாகவும் குறிப்பிட்டார்.

விமர்சனம்

ரஹ்மான் இசையமைத்த செம்மொழி மாநாட்டுப் பாடல் பெரிய அளவிலான வரவேற்ப்பை பெற்றிருந்தாலும் - சில விமர்சனங்களையும் அது தோற்றுவித்துள்ளது.

தமிழை அடையாளப்படுத்தும் இசை இதில் இல்லை என்று விமர்சனத்துக்கு பதிலளித்த ரஹ்மான், மொழி மாறி வரும் ஒன்று என்றும் அதைகாட்டும் விதமாகவே புதிய தலைமுறைக்கு எடுத்துச் செல்ல தான் முயன்றதாகக் கூறினார். மூன்று தலைமுறையைச் சேர்ந்த பாடகர்கள் இதில் பங்கெடுத்துள்ளனர் அதை குறை சொல்வது சரியாக இருக்காது என்றும் அவர் கூறினார்.

திருக்குறளை இளைய தலைமுறையினருக்கு கொண்டு செல்லும் நோக்கியில் புதிய இசைத் தொகுப்பாக கொண்டு வர தான் திட்டமிட்டுள்ளதாகவும், ஆனால் வேலைப் பளு காரணமாக இதை தற்போது செய்ய முடியாமல் இருக்கதாகவும் ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான் தமிழோசையிடம் தெரிவித்தார்.

கொழும்பில் நடைபெற்ற ஐஃபா விருது விழாவில் கலந்து கொள்ளக்கூடாது என்று தமிழ்த் திரையுலகினர் எடுத்திருந்த நிலைப்பாடு குறித்து கேட்டபோது, 'மிகவும் உணர்வு பூர்வமான விடயங்கள் இவற்றில் சம்மந்தப்பட்டிருந்ததால் அந்த நிலைப்பாடு சரியாகவே அமைந்திருக்கும்' எனவும் ரஹ்மான் கூறினார்.

SUPER!!!!

pure bliss
27th July 2010, 05:22 PM
Another going to be much hyped film of the year, the remake of Hindi ‘3 Idiots’, is taking shape as Shankar who is directing this bilingual is ready after completing his ‘Endhiran’. With a lot of imaginations already flowing from all corners it became clearer yesterday when Gemini Film Circuit finally confirmed that Shankar will be in charge of the south Indian remakes.

Immediately after signing the project director Shankar went to Vijay and confirmed him for the Aamir Khan's role. Then Madhavan was confirmed for the same role he played in Hindi version. But there is still news saying Madhavan is not interested to do the role again. Whether he will be able to say no to a Shankar film is a question. For the third main lead Silambarasan aka STR is confirmed. Initially Jeeva was pushed to do this role but Shaknar has opted for STR.

In Telugu, as per news available till now, Mahesh Babu will replace Vijay and Madhavan and STR are being retained for the Telugu also. And for music Shankar may have to leave A R Rahman out as he will be busy on his 'Jai Ho' World Tour all this year. Sources say Shankar has settled for Yuvan Shankar Raja this time.

Another high profile film in the making

Reality
27th July 2010, 10:05 PM
[tscii:4544decb99]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will India lose A.R. Rahman to the world?

Mumbai: Music composer A.R. Rahman’s international career which has taken off in a biggish way after "Slumdog Millionaire" keeps encountering snags, thanks to long-pending assignments back home.

According to sources, Rahman has to keep interrupting his international plans to be home for various pending assignments. The harried composer is now seriously thinking of putting all home-made assignments on hold to concentrate on building his career abroad, or else he feels he would lose the international advantage he obtained after "Slumdog Millionaire".

Says a friend of Rahman: "The Indian assignments after ’Slumdog Millioniare’ have been very time-consuming, especially ’Raavan’ where Rahman not only had to do two versions of the music in Hindi and Tamil, but director Mani Ratnam also asked him to give three to four tunes for every lyric before one was selected. The music of ’Raavan’ took more time than Rahman could afford, with the result that other Indian assignments primarily Abbas Tyrewala’s untitled John Abraham-Pakhi starrer got left behind."

At the moment Rahman is back again in Chennai for mixing the music of Abbas’ film. But the background score of the film which releases in October is still be done.

No one is admitting it, but one of the primary reasons why Tyrewala’s film got delayed is the music score which Rahman has been serving up piecemeal, for no fault of his, since the composer was committed to be out of the country for half the year for his world concerts.

Says the source: "Rahman had to continuously keep breaking his international tours and other projects to be home for various reasons, like the music release of ’Raavan’ and other things. He has begun to feel that his international career would never take off if he has to keep returning home."

Abbas Tyrewala, in Chennai with Rahman for the mixing of his film’s music, jumps to the composer’s defence. "Yes Rahman has been a little tied up and therefore unable to deliver quickly. But that’s because he has to be constantly moving back and forth between India and the US. ’Raavan’ took much longer than Rahman thought. I’m not worried about my music. It’s almost done. Whatever time Rahman takes is finally worth the while."

In the meanwhile, Rahman has not signed a single new assignment in Mumbai or Chennai in the last few months.

After completing Abbas Tyrewala’s music, Rahman will now focus on consolidating his career abroad.

http://english.manoramaonline.com/cgi-bin/MMOnline.dll/portal/ep/contentView.do?contentType=EDITORIAL&channelId=-1073865026&programId=1080132929&contentId=7623856&tabId=19&BV_ID=%40%40%40[/tscii:4544decb99]

prashanth12
27th July 2010, 10:16 PM
Somewhat deja-vu for us, no?

SoftSword
27th July 2010, 11:04 PM
indha time pass burudaa ellaam namba thevai illa...

Yathu
28th July 2010, 02:09 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/jul/23/paul-morley-showing-off-ar-rahmen

An interesting interview guys. Definitely worth a watch.

ajaybaskar
28th July 2010, 10:12 AM
A.R Rahman is composing for a hollywood sci fi film called 'Battleship' directed by Peter Berg (Director of Hancock, The Kingdom) and distributed by Universal Pictures. Film is scheduled for 2012 release. Rihanna is making her debut as actress in the film.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battleship_(film)

Yathu
28th July 2010, 03:37 PM
A.R Rahman is composing for a hollywood sci fi film called 'Battleship' directed by Peter Berg (Director of Hancock, The Kingdom) and distributed by Universal Pictures. Film is scheduled for 2012 release. Rihanna is making her debut as actress in the film.

Hmmm... :| Doesn't excite me straight away.

The Kingdom was quite a good film.

SoftSword
28th July 2010, 03:43 PM

semma news ajay....
when was this announced and how did u get hold of the news??
indha directora patthi yarachum oru 500 words essay ezhudhunga

ajaybaskar
28th July 2010, 03:44 PM
It was on yahoogroups.

raghavendran
28th July 2010, 07:02 PM

semma news ajay....
when was this announced and how did u get hold of the news??
indha directora patthi yarachum oru 500 words essay ezhudhunga :D

A.ANAND
30th July 2010, 04:00 PM
[tscii:4d5fa35533]Rahman killed the music in films: RGV

By Telugucinema.com | Friday, 30 July , 2010, 09:26

Ram Gopal Varma believes that A R Rahman, Keeravani, Manisharma and Devi Sri Prasad had together buried the music in South India.

Responding to Rana’s comment about Ilayaraja’s soulful music in Chinarayudu, RGV commented that the above music directors killed the music in our films. Interestingly, RGV was to introduce Keeravani as music director with his maiden film, Shiva but later had him on board for Kshanakshanam.

RGV also introduced Manisharma as music director in a Chiranjeevi film but the film dropped off mid-way. And it was with RGV’s Rangeela that Rehman was introduced to Hindi audiences. Yet, Varma believes that these music directors have buried the music and brought importance to sound unlike Ilayaraja. It remains to be seen how these top music directors would react to RGV’s comments.

http://sify.com/movies/fullstory.php?id=14951477[/tscii:4d5fa35533]

Yathu
30th July 2010, 04:15 PM
:shock: Harsh words. I wonder what made him say these things. :?

venkkiram
31st July 2010, 02:18 AM
[tscii:9f5d8cd1c8]Rahman killed the music in films: RGV

Ram Gopal Varma believes that A R Rahman, Keeravani, Manisharma and Devi Sri Prasad had together buried the music in South India.

Responding to Rana’s comment about Ilayaraja’s soulful music in Chinarayudu, RGV commented that the above music directors killed the music in our films. Interestingly, RGV was to introduce Keeravani as music director with his maiden film, Shiva but later had him on board for Kshanakshanam.

RGV also introduced Manisharma as music director in a Chiranjeevi film but the film dropped off mid-way. And it was with RGV’s Rangeela that Rehman was introduced to Hindi audiences. Yet, Varma believes that these music directors have buried the music and brought importance to sound unlike Ilayaraja. It remains to be seen how these top music directors would react to RGV’s comments.

http://sify.com/movies/fullstory.php?id=14951477[/tscii:9f5d8cd1c8]

Hai Rama, Tanha Tanha போன்ற பாடல்கள் எல்லாம் உன் படமான ரங்கீலாவில் இடம்பெற நீங்களெல்லாம் கொடுத்து வைத்திருக்கணும் RGV. அந்த பெரும்பாக்கியத்திற்கே நீங்களெல்லாம் ரஹ்மானுக்கு இந்த ஜென்மம் முழுதும் கூழக்கும்பிடு போடனும். நீங்களெல்லாம் பேச வந்துவிட்டீங்க? நிதானத்தோடுதான் பேசுறீங்களா?

SoftSword
31st July 2010, 05:45 AM
venki....
avar edho mubbula pesitaar.... edhukku yaen avara "nee.. vaa" nu pesaringa... apram avarukkum namakkum enna vitthiyaasam

venkkiram
31st July 2010, 08:02 AM
venki....
avar edho mubbula pesitaar.... edhukku yaen avara "nee.. vaa" nu pesaringa... apram avarukkum namakkum enna vitthiyaasam

அன்றாட வாழ்க்கையில் நண்பர்களோடு விவாதிக்கும்போது திரைப்படக் கலைஞர்களை ஒருமையில் அழைத்து பேசுவோமே அதுபோலத்தான் நானும் ஒருமையில் அழைத்திருந்தேன். இருந்தாலும், அவையடக்கம் தேவை என்ற உங்களின் கருத்தை ஏற்று, திருத்தி விட்டேன். நன்றி.

பெரிய நகைச்சுவை என்னவென்றால், ரஹ்மானுக்கும் தேவி ஸ்ரீ பிரசாத் போன்றவர்களுக்கும் இடையே இருக்கும் பெரிய இடைவெளி வித்யாசம் தெரியாமல் பேசுவதுதான்.

ajaybaskar
31st July 2010, 01:11 PM
Karppoora vaasam theriyadha jenmam..

littlemaster1982
31st July 2010, 01:19 PM
Ignore him guys.

Siv.S
31st July 2010, 01:19 PM
RGV :shock: :shock: Intha aalukku nattu kazhanduduchu :banghead:

sathya_1979
31st July 2010, 01:45 PM
Karppoora vaasam theriyadha jenmam..
AB, y r u insulting a Donkey? :D

littlemaster1982
31st July 2010, 01:55 PM
Come on friends, let him say whatever he want. This guy says a lot of things for publicity and everyone knows it. Why should we give unnecessary attention for these kinda rants?

directhit
31st July 2010, 02:18 PM
he clarifies it was a 'joke'

http://twitter.com/RGVzoomin/status/19893826245

Yathu
31st July 2010, 02:33 PM

Yeah, he's a regular comedian. :roll:

A.ANAND
31st July 2010, 02:51 PM

Yeah, he's a regular comedian. :roll:

:lol: Thanni konjam over pochu pola!

A.ANAND
31st July 2010, 04:07 PM
venki....

அன்றாட வாழ்க்கையில் நண்பர்களோடு விவாதிக்கும்போது திரைப்படக் கலைஞர்களை ஒருமையில் அழைத்து பேசுவோமே அதுபோலத்தான் நானும் ஒருமையில் அழைத்திருந்தேன். இருந்தாலும், அவையடக்கம் தேவை என்ற உங்களின் கருத்தை ஏற்று, திருத்தி விட்டேன். நன்றி.

பெரிய நகைச்சுவை என்னவென்றால், ரஹ்மானுக்கும் தேவி ஸ்ரீ பிரசாத் போன்றவர்களுக்கும் இடையே இருக்கும் பெரிய இடைவெளி வித்யாசம் தெரியாமல் பேசுவதுதான்.

Oru vartha sonnalum,thiru vartha! :thumbsup:

sathya_1979
31st July 2010, 04:10 PM
venki....

Oru vartha sonnalum,thiru vartha! :thumbsup:
Anand Sir! ivLo vaarthai sollirukkaar, oru vaarththainu sollitteenga? :lol: Sorry for the kadi <<End Dig>>

A.ANAND
31st July 2010, 04:50 PM
Rahman kitta date's kettu iruparu,ippothaikku mudiyathu innu arr solli iruppar!antha kaduppa kuda irukkalam!

ithala vera maniratnam-kku mattum 'yes' innu sollitaru arr.
tension aagitaru pola!shankar-rukke next movie'no'sollitar thalaivar!

satissh_r
2nd August 2010, 09:56 PM
http://roswitha.blogspot.com/2010/08/on-r-rahman.html

Good read this, thanks to Gopal Yahoogroups :)

rayan36
3rd August 2010, 03:57 PM
[tscii:042c8b575c]Rahman killed the music in films: RGV

http://sify.com/movies/fullstory.php?id=14951477[/tscii:042c8b575c]

RGV said that :shock: :shock: :shock:

A.ANAND
4th August 2010, 06:34 PM
'பூக்கடை' மணிரத்தினம்!

ராவணன் படத்தை வெளியிட்டு விட்டு சற்று அமைதியாக இருந்து வந்த மணிரத்தினம் தனது அடுத்த படத்திற்கு ரெடியாகி விட்டாராம்.

வித்தியாசமான பெயர்களை தனது படங்களுக்கு சூட்டும் மணிரத்தினம் இந்த முறை கையில் எடுத்திருப்பது பூக்கடை என்ற பெயரை.

இதுவரை தமிழ் , இந்தி என சேஃபாக விளையாடிக் கொண்டிருந்தவர் இந்த முறை தமிழில் மட்டுமே இயக்கும் முடிவில் இருப்பதாக தெரிகிறது.

படத்திற்கு கதாநாயகனையும் அவர் தேர்வு செய்து விட்டார். அவர், கார்த்திக் கின் மகன் கெளதம்தான். தனது மகனை நாயகனாக்கும் முடிவுக்கு கார்த்திக் வந்து நெடு நாட்களானாலும் கூட மணிரத்தினம்தான் அவரை அறிமுகப்படுத்த வேண்டும் என பொறுமையாக இருந்தாராம். இப்போது மணியே கூப்பிட்டு கெளதமை ஹீரோவாக்கப் போவதாக கூறியுள்ளாராம்.

பெங்களூரில் தற்போது படித்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார் கெளதம். மணிரத்தினம் படத்தின் நாயகன் என்ற செய்தியைக் கேட்டது முதல் உற்சாகமாக இருக்கிறாராம்.

சற்றும் பிரமாண்டம் இல்லாமல் இப்படத்தை படு இயல்பாக எடுக்கவுள்ளாராம் மணிரத்தினம்.

இப்படத்தில் நீண்ட இடைவெளிக்குப் பிறகு பி.சி.ஸ்ரீராம், மணிரத்தினத்துடன் கை கோர்க்கிறார். இசை வழக்கம் போல ரஹ்மான்தான்.

விரைவில் முறைப்படி அறிவிப்பு வெளியாகலாம் என எதிர்பார்க்கப்படுகிறது.

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/08/manirathnam-pookadai-gowtham-karthick.html

SoftSword
4th August 2010, 06:54 PM
idhu mattum unmaya irundhaa nalla irukkum

A.ANAND
5th August 2010, 06:01 AM
idhu mattum unmaya irundhaa nalla irukkum

finger crossed! :notworthy: maniratnam,p.c sriram and arr!another alaipayuthey in making??? :roll:

ajaybaskar
5th August 2010, 09:06 AM
already there's a movi in making called 'Pookkadai Ravi'?

A.ANAND
5th August 2010, 11:57 AM
athu 'ravi'ithu verum pookadai-than! :lol:

A.ANAND
5th August 2010, 07:29 PM
[tscii:2bf6d59ef7]Rahman¡¯s next Hollywood project stuck

Just a couple of months after music maestro AR Rahman had revealed that he was working on a Hollywood project called Street Dancing, with English musician and record producer Dave Stewart, it is learnt that the project may not materialise now.

Ashok Amritraj, CEO of Hyde Park Entertainment and the movie¡¯s producer elaborates on the development, ¡°We¡¯ve been developing the movie for a while and both Rahman and Dave Stewart have done some songs for it, but since we started working on the project, two or three movies on street dancing have already come out and another one has been announced.

¡°If we go ahead with our movie, then it may have no impact at all and we don¡¯t want to be fourth in line for a movie on a particular subject,¡± Amritraj says. ¡°So we are evaluating things at the moment. We are also thinking of reworking the project, if possible.¡±

Though Rahman¡¯s work on this project may go in vain, Amritraj says that he¡¯s going to continue looking for opportunities to work with the Mozart of Madras.

Calling Rahman a ¡°true crossover star¡±, Amitraj says, ¡°I¡¯ve worked with Rahman long ago in Jeans and he¡¯s been a friend since then. He¡¯s the most exciting talent to have come out of India, and whenever there¡¯s a movie that has a cross-cultural feel to it, I¡¯ll definitely be working with him¡±.

When asked if he¡¯d like to do a musical based on India with Rahman, Amritraj chuckles, ¡°I¡¯ve been looking for a story for ages now. If scriptwriters can come up with interesting material or fun, sweeping stories set between India and the west, I¡¯d be the first one to produce it.¡±2

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Rahman-s-next-Hollywood-project-stuck/Article1-582572.aspx[/tscii:2bf6d59ef7]

Sunil_M88
6th August 2010, 06:36 PM
Hi folks, I'm Sunil. It's a real pleasure that the admins have finally activated my account :) I'm a die hard fan of Rahman sir and have been visiting this site daily for ages now. I am from London and one of my dreams came true, as this year I got to see A. R. Rahman sir in flesh at Wembley.
I would like to share that it was because of Rahman ji I started listening to other south indian musical artists. Even though my mother tongue is Punjabi and I don't understand Tamil/Telugu and etc. South Indian languages, I nevertheless have huge respect and admiration for carnatic music and South Indian film songs. I look forward to sharing topics about music with you guys. Nandri

SoftSword
6th August 2010, 07:00 PM
Welcome Sunil and i wish you have a wonderful time here...
looks like you know Tamil too... nandri :lol:

Yathu
6th August 2010, 07:03 PM
Hi folks, I'm Sunil. It's a real pleasure that the admins have finally activated my account :) I'm a die hard fan of Rahman sir and have been visiting this site daily for ages now. I am from London and one of my dreams came true, as this year I got to see A. R. Rahman sir in flesh at Wembley.
I would like to share that it was because of Rahman ji I started listening to other south indian musical artists. Even though my mother tongue is Punjabi and I don't understand Tamil/Telugu and etc. South Indian languages, I nevertheless have huge respect and admiration for carnatic music and South Indian film songs. I look forward to sharing topics about music with you guys. Nandri

Welcome Sunil! I was at the Wembley Arena concert too. What a great night that was! :D

A.ANAND
6th August 2010, 07:19 PM
welcome sunil ji! :D :cool2:

rayan36
6th August 2010, 08:47 PM
we have have london d
ereams onboard..hehehe welcome.... 8-)

littlemaster1982
6th August 2010, 08:55 PM
Welcome to The Hub, Sunil :D

Sunil_M88
6th August 2010, 09:21 PM
Thanks for your welcoming. As far as how much tamil I know is concerned, "Nandri" is where my tamil starts and ends :P Oh yeah... Vanakam. I do try :)

I listen to more tamil/telugu etc music than Bhangra and hindi. Not saying that I don't like them but sometimes I really think I'm a misfit in my community, Oh well I have no regrets simply because this is the industry that brought the world A.R. Rahman and god knows how much more talent is bound to release from this industry.

Nice to know the London guys are making their mark here and yes the concert was a real eye opener. It was even more spectacular as I got to move forward :D

Yathu
6th August 2010, 10:28 PM
Nice to know the London guys are making their mark here and yes the concert was a real eye opener. It was even more spectacular as I got to move forward :D

Yeah, there was a mad dash of people shuffling seats before the concert started. We thought there was a fire or something! :lol:

ajaybaskar
6th August 2010, 10:35 PM
Welcome to the hub,Sunilji. Pls do post often... :-)

Sunil_M88
7th August 2010, 02:21 AM
I know what you mean Yathu, even the security couldn't stop the avalanche. But then again it was bound to happen due to our master's presence.

I didn't quite get a near enough seat but I was sitting a good distance from where I captured some valuable memories. I was on the right hand side of the stage.

@Ajay... It's a real honour for me to post on this hub. You lot don't know how many accounts I've made to sign up to this hub. Everyday when I on my pc I initially visit this site before doing anything else. I never thought today would come.

This year has probably been the best year of my life lol Firstly, I got to see the genius and now I can converse with the geniuses diciples.

MADDY
10th August 2010, 02:34 PM
welcome Sunil - its good to have someone from north with us always :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhqq_uAzjxk&feature=related

Bollywood music talents praising Rahman - their praise is more genuine and heartfelt than our guys do.......i dunno y, but i still feel Bollywood is Rahman's home just like chennai MAC is sachin's home :lol:

raghavendran
10th August 2010, 08:02 PM
welcome Sunil - its good to have someone from north with us always :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhqq_uAzjxk&feature=related

Bollywood music talents praising Rahman - their praise is more genuine and heartfelt than our guys do.......i dunno y, but i still feel Bollywood is Rahman's home just like chennai MAC is sachin's home :lol: 8-)

Sunil_M88
10th August 2010, 10:51 PM
Cheers, but I'm not sure about the praise being genuine from the north. You can't take the tamilianess out of him, c'mon who else has one Filmfare Awards continuously from 1992 to 2000 with the support of the south public :D

Sunil_M88
10th August 2010, 10:54 PM
* Won.
Oh btw, Maddy I can't seem to access your link. What is it?

I know this is off topic but I remixed Guzarish, please follow the link below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXKtXfqZyh0

MADDY
12th August 2010, 04:45 PM
* Won.

pritam, vishal-shekar etc appreciating ARRahman as global representative of indian music.....

btw, ur remix was a bit off tone - the kaalapani song's tune match with guzarish's pitch......maybe u shuld make one of the song silent

A.ANAND
12th August 2010, 05:27 PM
[tscii:1ac21875d9]Phani Kalyan about AR Rahman & KMMC

There are certain experiences in life that change you as a person and help you grow into a better individual. For me, these defining experiences happened during those years that I was a student of AR Rahman¡¯s KM Music Conservatory.

As I look back on that journey that has evolved me into making music my life and profession I feel KMMC happened a little late in my life but I strongly feel it couldn't have come at a more right moment than this. I had a keen interest in music since childhood, listening along with my grandfather to his thousands of carnatic collections including M.Balamuralikrishna, Thyagaraja, Ramadas, and many Annamayya Keerthanas and instrumentals. I recall composing rough tunes for fun, even before I started learning music formally. But it wasn¡¯t until AR Rahman happened, that my passion for music grew beyond words. I became a devout fan of Rahman Sir ever since Bombay had released. I remember skipping my school continuously to go to the theatre where Bombay was being played just to listen to the music and the background scores. And with each of his releases after that, his music became a daily fuel for me.

I had completed my Engineering degree in Chennai and was working a mundane software job. Of course, my body was there, but my ears, mind and thoughts were just tunes, melodies, rhythm and one man- AR Rahman. So when I heard news that Rahman Sir was going to open his own music school here in Chennai, which offers courses in western classical music, various areas of music technology, instruments, and vocals, I thought to myself, ¡°If I wanted to give my passion for music a chance to grow and give a chance to live my dream-job as a composer, THIS was it.¡± And what better opportunity to learn at an institution developed by a man who I worshipped and looked up to for so many years. So without hesitation I applied for an audition. Now I wasn¡¯t at all sure I would get in and did not even tell my family or anyone else about applying to the school. I thought to myself by auditioning I would at least catch a glimpse of the school and studio, and if lucky catch a glimpse of Rahman Sir. So I was super surprised and was just in utter disbelief when I got that call of acceptance and my family was even more shocked when I told them that I am going to resign my job and join KMMC. So here I was literally on cloud 9, about to begin a journey that I had only dreamt of all these years.

In KMMC I took western classical vocals and composition as a major with a prior knowledge in carnatic vocals and keyboard. As soon as I entered the conservatory compound on the first day, I could just feel the aura of positive energy all around. The school had almost like a homely and soothing atmosphere with wooden floors and furniture, accented with warm curtains, large middle-eastern rugs, a beautiful grand piano and a picture of Rahman sir's father in the main reception area. More than this it was my fellow classmates from all corners of the world, and the amazing faculty that made those years the most memorable.

Moreover, being part of KMMC I saw Rahman Sir in a whole different light, and my respect and devotion towards him grew to infinite lengths. During the first week he came and interacted with us in person and asked us our ambitions and goals. I still remember when I asked Sir at that time to hum a few lines of New York Nagaram, what he said in response will forever stay with me. He said. "Guys don't stick only onto New York Nagaram, music is beyond the regular commercial cinema. Make your mark, aim at the moon..at least you will reach the stars" .I was amazed at the fact that no matter how busy he was, he used to attend almost every student recital and concert that we used to have at KM. He used to listen to us patiently and give us suggestions, advice and clarifications on any doubts we had with so much patience. And in case he was unable to make it to an event, he used to send us a sorry note. I was just amazed that a man who is such a prominent society figure, a pioneer in popularizing indian music to globally, western music to the east, a musical magician, behaved so simple, so friendly and so down-to-earth. He did not even behave like a principal to us; he was more like a friend and even used to call some of the students with nicknames. For instance, whenever I used to see him, he always used to smile and greet me with a simple ¡®Hey, Hi Man¡¯ even before I said anything. There are just no words to describe his modesty and humbleness.

Also to add, there is a government school near the conservatory. KMMC provides free music education to 40 students there, and Rahman Sir makes sure that they are all taught with equal interest and respect like any one of us. Another valuable thing that I have observed is that more than talent, Rahman Sir gives importance to behaviour and character. For example, after one of our outdoor concerts when we met him he told us, ¡®I heard you guys did a great job, but yet to know about your behaviour there.¡¯ I was absolutely taken aback and thought, wow this man amazes me each time I am in his presence. And just being in his presence you learn so much about how to better your self as a person, how to dedicate yourself and focus on the work you do at the same time try to think and better the lives of others.

KMMC definitely helped me grow as an individual and at the same time it helped me broaden my horizons as a musician and gave me greater exposure to different styles and forms of music. Meeting and working with classmates and faculty from various parts of India and different parts of the world, gave me an opportunity to come to know different genres of music. My special thanks to Kavita Baliga, who was my vocal mentor. She was a constant support and motivation for me. The techniques she taught me in regulating my vocals from nasal to normal range with so much patience, I will never forget. Also I am grateful to her in choosing me for the KM Chamber choir. These lessons and techniques I still carry with me in any recent work I do. Moreover, the best aspect of KMMC is that with the diversity of students and musical backgrounds they come from, there is constant exchange of knowledge happening throughout of different people¡¯s experience with music of different genres and styles. And we constantly used to have jam sessions where we blend all our ideas and feels of different styles, creating a totally new flavour of music. Ironically, my first full song composition was dedicated to Rahman Sir for his birthday; a song titled Rahe mahan Rahman, which with a team of some of my KMMC classmates, was able to produce and personally present the CD to him. From then on wards, our team started making more and more music. In fact, the entire team behind my soundtrack for PAPPU, including almost all the the singers were my classmates from KMMC. I feel without them Pappu would not have been possible. I feel I was truly blessed to work with such talented people who I considered friends more than colleagues, who I had such good rapport, trust and comfort level with so early on in my career.

My most memorable moments at KMMC:

1. During the beginning days of KM I had performed a western piece in front of AR Rahman Sir, and I was very disheartened when he remarked; ¡®Oh you sang in an Indian way of Western¡¯ with a laugh. And then he suggested a few artist and albums to listen to, and how to adapt to the western classical way of singing. Then, after training at KM, I had performed another western piece at the KM Annual Day function, and after that Rahman Sir himself shook my hand and said ¡®Hey! Great performance Man!¡¯ I was literally in tears and this was definitely the most happiest moment in my life.

2. The two day recording sessions of choir for the song "Maaralante" from the movie PULI in AM and Panchathan studios. This was the first time I had an opportunity to enter Panchathan(his residence/studio- where the magic happens). The divine essence of the place and spiritual calmness I felt just cannot be described

3. Performing with the KM Choir at the AR Rahman Unplugged Concert in Delhi for Doordarshan's 50 years celebrations. It was an absolute honour and privilege to share the same stage and also learn and watch ARR perform so closely.

4. After coming back from winning the Golden Globes, when the whole world was waiting to wish him. We were so blessed that he first came to meet us and we were the first to congratulate him on his big win, which would soon after become a streak of wins.

So here I am, looking back on this remarkable journey filled with lessons for a lifetime. I can proudly say that the knowledge, experience, and the many musical friends that I have gained in these past 3 years in KMMC cannot match any other formal training one might acquire. I feel very blessed that I got an offer to debut with my music in the recent Telugu movie PAPPU(Thanks to my producers). KMMC exposed me to this wonderful world of music, which I continue to dive into deep and discover each and every day. It has definitely given me a platform to embark on a new journey as a Music Director to explore and give something unique to the industry and to music. I am now eagerly looking forward to making my mark in this industry and hoping that I get some interesting projects and movies to work on.

Thank you Rahman, Thank you KMMC

http://idlebrain.com/news/2000march20/phanikalyan-kmmc.html[/tscii:1ac21875d9]

Sunil_M88
12th August 2010, 09:53 PM
* Won.

pritam, vishal-shekar etc appreciating ARRahman as global representative of indian music.....

btw, ur remix was a bit off tone - the kaalapani song's tune match with guzarish's pitch......maybe u shuld make one of the song silent

May be because I couldn't access the clip at the time I wasn't sure what you meant but now I agree and thanks for giving my mix a listen. It was my first attempt at remixing and your criticism is fully taken on board.

Ramakrishna
14th August 2010, 01:31 PM
[tscii]Phani Kalyan about AR Rahman & KMMC

Moreover, being part of KMMC I saw Rahman Sir in a whole different light, and my respect and devotion towards him grew to infinite lengths. During the first week he came and interacted with us in person and asked us our ambitions and goals. I still remember when I asked Sir at that time to hum a few lines of New York Nagaram, what he said in response will forever stay with me. He said. "Guys don't stick only onto New York Nagaram, music is beyond the regular commercial cinema. Make your mark, aim at the moon..at least you will reach the stars" .I was amazed at the fact that no matter how busy he was, he used to attend almost every student recital and concert that we used to have at KM. He used to listen to us patiently and give us suggestions, advice and clarifications on any doubts we had with so much patience. And in case he was unable to make it to an event, he used to send us a sorry note. I was just amazed that a man who is such a prominent society figure, a pioneer in popularizing indian music to globally, western music to the east, a musical magician, behaved so simple, so friendly and so down-to-earth. He did not even behave like a principal to us; he was more like a friend and even used to call some of the students with nicknames. For instance, whenever I used to see him, he always used to smile and greet me with a simple ¡®Hey, Hi Man¡¯ even before I said anything. There are just no words to describe his modesty and humbleness.

Also to add, there is a government school near the conservatory. KMMC provides free music education to 40 students there, and Rahman Sir makes sure that they are all taught with equal interest and respect like any one of us. Another valuable thing that I have observed is that more than talent, Rahman Sir gives importance to behaviour and character. For example, after one of our outdoor concerts when we met him he told us, ¡®I heard you guys did a great job, but yet to know about your behaviour there.¡¯ I was absolutely taken aback and thought, wow this man amazes me each time I am in his presence. And just being in his presence you learn so much about how to better your self as a person, how to dedicate yourself and focus on the work you do at the same time try to think and better the lives of others.

What a man !! :notworthy:

music man
15th August 2010, 08:48 AM
[tscii:5cdf27c62f]A.R. Rahman delaying release of Jhootha Hi Sahi

By now it’s crystal-clear that the only reason Abbas Tyrewala’s film Jhootha Hi Sahi is so monstrously delayed is the music. The latest chapter in the ongoing chase-the-music saga is that the producer Madhu Mantena has followed the film’s music composer to London in the hope of finally getting the mixed versions of the songs.

A. R. Rahman is known to take his time over his scores. But this time things got out of hand. After the success of Slumdog Millionaire, Rahman began spending more time abroad than at home. The producer and director of Jhootha Hi Sahi constantly found themselves chasing Rahman for the songs and music to every corner of the world from Chennai to London.

One of the song sequences was shot without the track being ready. Director Tyrewala just made his lead pair John Abraham and Pakhi emote to an imagined tune.

Several tentative dates for the film’s release have been announced and postponed. The latest date is October 15. Admirably no one from the team has uttered a word in complaint about the delay caused by Rahman’s tardiness in tuning the tracks.

Now it’s come to a do-or-die situation. There’s no way the October 15 release can be pushed backward any more, with or without the music. Producer Mantena is at the moment sitting with Rahman in London trying to get the music out.

Director Abbas Tyrewala still rises to Rahman’s defense saying, “Whatever the time taken over the music is worth it. Rahman doing the music adds a totally new dimension to my film.”

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/music/news/2010/rahman-jhoontha-hi-sahi-140810.html

Lets all hope the music rolls out soon....Its also a sci-fi movie....ARR should release the music soon.....He has to be clear in his priorities...[/tscii:5cdf27c62f]

music man
15th August 2010, 08:52 AM
But history says whenever ARR takes too much time on a project, he delivers it big....But this project was taken ages back...Come on ARR...

littlemaster1982
15th August 2010, 09:58 AM
Music man,

Could you please reduce the font size :) It's almost hurting the eyes.

ajaybaskar
15th August 2010, 12:41 PM
ARR-Tyrewala combo is the one to watch out for. Still in love with JTYJN movie and music.

Not sure if Venkkiram added JTYJN to the classics list that ARR has worked.

A.ANAND
16th August 2010, 09:27 AM
[tscii:b195f7c4e8]GoM approves Rahman's score for CWG theme song

A Group of Ministers on the Commonwealth Games met here on Sunday night and expressed satisfaction over the pace of progress in preparations for the event. It approved the theme song for the event composed by Oscar winner A.R. Rahman.

With the mega sporting event just seven weeks away and hit by allegations of corruption and financial irregularities, Urban Development Minister S. Jaipal Reddy, who heads the GoM, made it clear that there was no change in the schedule and said there should not be any concern over some delay in meeting the deadlines for getting staida ready.

The nearly three-hour meeting discussed the organisational details for the 11-day event starting here on October 4 and discussed the broad contours of the opening ceremony.

The GoM heard the rendition of the theme song composed by Rahman.

“We discussed the theme song among ourselves and A.R. Rahman, [director] Shyam Benegal and [producer] Bharat Bala. The GoM has approved the theme song in principle. It will be before public in another 10 days,” Mr. Reddy said. Some final touches had to be given for the song.

Asked whether delays in meeting the deadlines were a matter of concern, Mr. Reddy said, “There is no concern. I am absolutely confident on the state of preparedness [for the Games].” There was no question of any change in the Games schedule.

To a question, Rahman said “Yes, everyone liked it [the song]. Details ... tomorrow [on Monday].”

Chairman of the Organising Committee Suresh Kalmadi said “Everything is going well. I liked the song.” Mr. Kalmadi is facing flak over allegations of corruption and irregularities.

“Primarily the focus is on delivery of the Games and preparation of the various items required for the opening ceremony,” Mr. Reddy told journalists ahead of the meeting.

The others in the GoM include Sports Minister M.S. Gill. Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit also attended the meeting.

Sources said the idea was to ensure that the theme song becomes a sensation like Rahman's own ‘Jai Ho' composed for the film “Slumdog Millionaire” and Soccer World Cup theme song ‘Waka Waka.'

[/tscii:b195f7c4e8]

A.ANAND
17th August 2010, 08:44 AM
[tscii:5be413d154]Rahman's is lead voice in Commonwealth Games theme song

Kindly show a positive image of India and the Games, says Rahman

Music maestro A.R. Rahman has lent voice to the Commonwealth Games theme song, ‘Swagatham', which exudes energy and talks about winning and not giving up.

Presenting the story of making the song, at a news conference here on Monday, Mr. Rahman said: “When you hear the song you feel like India is calling you. I want the crowd to sing along. We have put in a lot of hard work and we are all very excited to turn it into a memorable experience. I am still working on it and am curious to know how older, intelligent people, who have years of wisdom, will react to it.”

The song, essentially in Hindi with a sprinkling of English words, has been approved by the Group of Ministers. “I presented it to them last evening [Sunday] and they were excited....I am the lead singer. The song has an international appeal but it is not in the mould of ‘Waka Waka' (Shakira's FIFA World Cup song). It is all ready but wait for another 10 days. I feel that you should get the full feel of the song only at the event.”

Negative stories
Dwelling on the negative stories being circulated in the media abroad, Mr. Rahman said he came to know about it in the United Kingdom. “I do not get distracted by the negatives around and, thankfully, the negative stories didn't make an impact on me. The stories are not true as hundreds and thousands of people are working round-the-clock. The Games are being organised by professional people and I can feel that progress made in the run-up to the Games is unimaginable. The media must give positive stories. Kindly show a positive image of India and the Commonwealth Games.”

Mr. Rahman is still working on fine-tuning the song that will be a big part of the celebrations at the grand opening ceremony at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium here on October 3.

When requested for more details about the song, Mr. Rahman said it was dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi but was too complex to explain in words.

Earlier, Commonwealth Games Organising Committee chairman Suresh Kalmadi said the Oscar-winning composer had done an excellent job for the theme song, describing him as “Mozart of Indian music.”

Creative Director Bharat Bala said the song would be the proudest aspect of India's cultural heritage. “Rahman and I have been working on the song. Our endeavour has been to create a new music of Indian sound and music.”

Kindly show a positive image of India and the Games, says Rahman

Music maestro A.R. Rahman has lent voice to the Commonwealth Games theme song, ‘Swagatham', which exudes energy and talks about winning and not giving up.

Presenting the story of making the song, at a news conference here on Monday, Mr. Rahman said: “When you hear the song you feel like India is calling you. I want the crowd to sing along. We have put in a lot of hard work and we are all very excited to turn it into a memorable experience. I am still working on it and am curious to know how older, intelligent people, who have years of wisdom, will react to it.”

The song, essentially in Hindi with a sprinkling of English words, has been approved by the Group of Ministers. “I presented it to them last evening [Sunday] and they were excited....I am the lead singer. The song has an international appeal but it is not in the mould of ‘Waka Waka' (Shakira's FIFA World Cup song). It is all ready but wait for another 10 days. I feel that you should get the full feel of the song only at the event.”

Negative stories
Dwelling on the negative stories being circulated in the media abroad, Mr. Rahman said he came to know about it in the United Kingdom. “I do not get distracted by the negatives around and, thankfully, the negative stories didn't make an impact on me. The stories are not true as hundreds and thousands of people are working round-the-clock. The Games are being organised by professional people and I can feel that progress made in the run-up to the Games is unimaginable. The media must give positive stories. Kindly show a positive image of India and the Commonwealth Games.”

Mr. Rahman is still working on fine-tuning the song that will be a big part of the celebrations at the grand opening ceremony at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium here on October 3.

When requested for more details about the song, Mr. Rahman said it was dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi but was too complex to explain in words.

Earlier, Commonwealth Games Organising Committee chairman Suresh Kalmadi said the Oscar-winning composer had done an excellent job for the theme song, describing him as “Mozart of Indian music.”

Creative Director Bharat Bala said the song would be the proudest aspect of India's cultural heritage. “Rahman and I have been working on the song. Our endeavour has been to create a new music of Indian sound and music.”

[/tscii:5be413d154]

A.ANAND
17th August 2010, 08:48 AM
Gulte.com - AR Rahman launches CWG theme song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAQsTvm_AWg

A.ANAND
17th August 2010, 01:57 PM
[tscii:b96d7a3df0]My next dream is to sing for Bollywood, Rahman: Indian Idol winner Sreeram

Monday, 16 August , 2010, 15:50

For Hyderabad boy Sreeram Chandra, this Independence Day couldn’t have been more special. He realised his dream of winning music reality show Indian Idol 5, and can't wait now for his next dream - of singing for Bollywood and Oscar winning music composer A R Rahman - to come true.

"My next dream is to make it big in Bollywood," Sreeram, who was declared the winner of Indian Idol 5 on Sunday, said.

"I want to sing hit songs, be a well-known playback singer and be a star performer. I want to learn a lot. 'Indian Idol' has given me a concrete base to create a name for myself and I want to improve on it by working with all the music directors, especially A R Rahman sir," he added.

Sreeram, an engineer, is not from a musical family. As a struggling singer back in Hyderabad, he used to audition for regional reality shows, sing for small budget films and lend his voice for chorus, jingles and radio advertisements.

But his consistently melodious performances on Indian Idol struck the right chords with judges - Sunidhi Chauhan, Annu Malek and Salim Merchant as well as various Bollywood celebrities and the audience alike.

He says the feeling of waking up as Indian Idol 5 was "amazing".

"Every morning before the finale, we used to wake up with the conviction of working hard towards the title. When I woke up today [Monday], it was a different feeling. I wasn't just Sreeram anymore. This show has given me a new identity - of being Indian Idol 5," said the 24-year-old.

Along with this new identity, Sreeram has also won Rs 50 lakh cash, a one-year contract with Sony BMG, a Tata Winger car, and a golden chance to sing a song in a Yash Raj Films' project.

It couldn't have been bigger and better, he says.

"I feel blessed that I was a part of Indian Idol 5 where they are giving me a direct entry into Bollywood with the chance to sing for one of India's biggest production houses - YRF. No previous 'Indian Idol' has got this chance, and I hope this boosts my standing as a singer," he said.

He is also excited about the opportunity of creating his own album and says he would like to sing all kinds of songs because he considers himself a "versatile singer".

For now, he is in a party mood and wants to rush back to his hometown Hyderabad to thank and acknowledge all those who supported him.

he looksalike rahman also!

:D [/tscii:b96d7a3df0]

raghavendran
17th August 2010, 07:20 PM
8-)

SoftSword
19th August 2010, 02:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX7rfAP4SCA&feature=player_embedded

raghavendran
20th August 2010, 06:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX7rfAP4SCA&feature=player_embedded :thumbsup:

A.ANAND
21st August 2010, 11:04 AM
[tscii:c795252f5a]Baton and beat

Senior music conductor Srinivasa Murthy talks about his long association with A.R. Rahman, and the thrill of the orchestra.

He's the man A.R. Rahman trusts with his scores. After all, not many music directors use conductors or orchestras to record live music. Having conducted for over three decades now, he's has seen it all ¡ª the rise of Ilaiyaraaja, the era when popular music directors scored for 40-50 films a year, the advent of ¡°computer music¡± and the transformation of the boy next door to a twin-Oscar winning phenomenon who turned a country crazy about his music.

Though older than Rahman, and much senior to him in the film business, conductor Srinivasa Murthy confesses that it was Rahman who made sure a musician like him did not become obsolete when computers became integral to music production.

He enthusiastically flaunts the first Yamaha music computer A.R. Rahman used. It looks as good as new. ¡°It was around 1986 when Rahman was going for the latest music computer Yamaha had launched then (Yamaha C1). He asked if he could pass on the Yamaha CX5M to me. I bought the computer from him but he had to teach me. So, I used to go to his house at six in the morning and wait. His mother would tell me that he had worked all night and had just returned. So, I would sleep there amidst the music gear, and every day he would teach me how to use the computer.¡±

¡°Everything has a bearing in life,¡± Murthy continues. ¡°This (the computer) has nothing to do with conducting. My interest in this made me learn a lot of other things related to electronics and that's how Rahman showed interest in me. I did only two songs in ¡®Roja'. I finished all my projects and got back to him when he was doing the music for ¡®Gentleman'. From then on, I have been conducting only for him.¡±

Murthy started learning music when he was four. So, he had built a solid foundation over 18 years of playing the violin when he moved to Madras in 1978, as an assistant to Seetharama Raju, Kannada music director. ¡°I used to play the bass guitar and violin in night clubs in Bangalore. I knew S.P. Balasubrahmanyam (SPB), who kept asking me to come to Madras. I had my own business in the chemical industry then. As a classical violinist, there was not much you could play for ¡ª just for newsreels and Government documentaries. And then one day, someone gave me a chance to play for Rajan-Nagendra's (Kannada music director duo) recording for ¡®Belligiriya Banadhalli' in Madras.¡±

SPB played a huge role in Murthy's life. He took him along for his concerts and Murthy toured with him as a violinist from 1978 to 1991. ¡°SPB introduced me to Telugu music director Chakravarthi. SPB was also doing music back then. I became his assistant.¡±

SPB was doing music for ¡®Thudikkum Karangal' when the conductor Gunasingh fell sick. ¡°The other gentleman who was doing it with him had left for Sabarimala and there was no time. SPB asked, ¡®Will you do it? If you have the courage to do it, I will back you.' The first day, there were a few mistakes, my timing was all wrong. On the second day things fell in place.¡±

Meanwhile, Murthy continued to work with Chakravarthi. ¡°He was doing 40-50 films in Telugu in those days. He used to have a second unit and asked me to take care of it. From 1980-1988, I was the conductor of his second unit.¡± Murthy later worked with S.A. Rajkumar, Vidyasagar, Ousephachan.

Does the future sound bright for musicians who want to conduct?

¡°Earlier, there were atleast 100 musicians playing in an orchestra. Today, there are just about 40. You cannot totally do away with live music. As long as there are concerts, there will be musicians. And there will always be a future for those interested in conducting,¡± signs off Murthy.

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/music/article583910.ece[/tscii:c795252f5a]

Yathu
22nd August 2010, 05:05 AM
[tscii:8940b808e1]Rumours doing the rounds that ARR has done the score for Danny Boyle's next film '127 Hours'. I hope this is true!

Someone who'd seen a test screening of the movie wrote this:

In telling the true story of a climber who is forced to amputate his arm after being trapped for five days, Boyle and James Franco certainly do a lot with a little. The cinematography by Boyle regular Anthony Dod Mantle and Enrique Chediak is beautiful and inventive. The score by Slumdog Millionaire composer A.R Rahman is strong as are a few well selected pop songs. The presence of supporting players is kept to a minimum as Franco aptly commandeers what is essentially a one man movie. The intensity of his situation is tempered by a good sense of humor, including a wonderful reference to Scorsese’s The King of Comedy.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/07/13/early-buzz-danny-boyles-127-hours/

Not sure if it's totally made up.[/tscii:8940b808e1]

SoftSword
22nd August 2010, 05:33 AM
its already been in news i guess...

A.ANAND
22nd August 2010, 01:54 PM
Awards Received by A.R. Rahman

http://worldphotocollections.blogspot.com/2010/08/awards-for-composer-arrahman-rare.html

A.ANAND
22nd August 2010, 02:03 PM
[tscii:e9ea282e30]Rumours doing the rounds that ARR has done the score for Danny Boyle's next film '127 Hours'. I hope this is true!

In telling the true story of a climber who is forced to amputate his arm after being trapped for five days, Boyle and James Franco certainly do a lot with a little. The cinematography by Boyle regular Anthony Dod Mantle and Enrique Chediak is beautiful and inventive. The score by Slumdog Millionaire composer A.R Rahman is strong as are a few well selected pop songs. The presence of supporting players is kept to a minimum as Franco aptly commandeers what is essentially a one man movie. The intensity of his situation is tempered by a good sense of humor, including a wonderful reference to Scorsese’s The King of Comedy.

Not sure if it's totally made up.[/tscii:e9ea282e30]

http://www.mattdunkley.com/news.htm

littlemaster1982
22nd August 2010, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the good news, Yathu and Anand :D

Yathu
22nd August 2010, 02:45 PM
[tscii:f34c6f2c3b]Rumours doing the rounds that ARR has done the score for Danny Boyle's next film '127 Hours'. I hope this is true!

Not sure if it's totally made up.[/tscii:f34c6f2c3b]

OMG! Great news!

August 2010 - orchestrating and conducting A.R.Rahman's beautiful score to Danny Boyle's new movie "127 Hours", which will close the London Film Festival.

Time to open a thread me thinks! :D

ajaybaskar
23rd August 2010, 05:26 PM
[tscii:a09f0e8908]Official description- 127 Hours

In 2003, a young American outdoorsman ventured into the arid desert and canyons around Moab, Utah on a weekend excursion. He was alone, ripping across the rocky, undulating landscape on his mountain bike with all the rambunctious exuberance of a young man in love with life and risk. Little did he know that his latest adventure was about to change into one of the most compelling stories of courage and survival.

In his follow-up to the immensely successful, Academy Award®-winning Slumdog Millionaire, Danny Boyle has turned to the true story of Aron Ralston, who found himself fighting for his life after his right hand was crushed and trapped by a boulder in a freak accident. Despite his Herculean attempts to move the rock, Aron’s luck seemed to have run out.
How does one make a film about a man stuck in one place, struggling to avoid the inevitable? In what is essentially a one-man show – and James Franco is extraordinary in his portrayal of the famed adventurer – Boyle has stretched his extraordinary talents to their fullest. Initially, Aron is almost bemused by his fate, and draws on all his climbing skills to set up a system of pulleys using his one good hand. As every attempt to move the boulder fails, and as his water supply starts to run dry, Aron drifts into reveries of his past and fantasies of possible escapes. He records his thoughts with the camcorder he brought with him. Relying on his wits and facing certain death, he is finally forced to the conclusion that there is only one way out.

Full of visual invention that exhibits a kinetic sense of cinema, complemented by a superb score from Slumdog collaborator A.R. Rahman,Boyle has followed up one great success with another.

Piers Handling

http://tiff.net/filmsandschedules/tiff/2010/127hours[/tscii:a09f0e8908]

ajaybaskar
23rd August 2010, 05:28 PM

Checkout the news for the month of august.

raghavendran
24th August 2010, 07:59 PM

A.ANAND
26th August 2010, 11:11 AM
[tscii]Will Rahman win Oscar again?
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, August 26, 2010]

The winning combo is at it again. Ace filmmaker Danny Boyle and Mozart of Madras A R Rahman, whose alliance in ¡®SlumDog Millionaire¡¯ fetched various international honours, including the Oscars, will work together again.

Though there is no official announcement in this regard yet, a teaser trailer of the film titled ¡®127 Hours¡¯, which was released recently, reveals that Rahman is the music composer of the project.

And not just Danny Boyle and Rahman, screenplay writer Simon Beaufoy, who was also part of the ¡®Slumdog Millionaire¡¯ team, is working in this film, which is expected to hit the screens November this year.

Meanwhile, circles close to Rahman say he is planning to take the music conservatory he is running in Chennai to the next level. ¡°For that, he may move to a bigger campus which would accommodate more students,¡± they add.

:lol: :lol: :lol: ivangalukku vera velai-ye illa!

littlemaster1982
26th August 2010, 11:54 AM
Now this is going to be the biggest hurdle for ARR. Ivangale Oscar adhu idhu-nu hype panna aarambichuduvanga :sigh2:

Sunil_M88
26th August 2010, 07:29 PM
Rahman to unveil Games theme song Aug 28

NEW DELHI: After several delays, music maestro A.R. Rahman's theme song for the Commonwealth Games will finally be unveiled this Saturday.

"Oh yaaro, India bula liya" (Friends, we have called you to India) has been composed and sung by the double-Oscar award winner.

He will be performing the whole song at the first hearing Saturday, according to a statement by the Organising Committee of the Games.

The venue for the event has not been finalised yet.

The unveiling of the song got delayed after the Group of Ministers (GoM) on the Games asked Rahman to tweak it. He said it would take him at least 10 days to do so.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/6439701.cms

A.ANAND
27th August 2010, 03:24 PM
A.R ரகுமான் இசையில் மாற்றம் தேவையா?

சென்ற வாரத்தின் வார இறுதி எனது காலைப்பொழுதுகள் நிலாவெளி எனும் ஊரில் கழிக்க நேர்ந்தது. அழகிய ஊர், கொஞ்சம் போரின் நேரடி,மறைமுக பாதிப்புகள், கல்வியில் பின்தங்கிய ஊர், இயற்கை கடற்கரை என்று தன்னகத்தே பல அறிமுகங்களை தன்னகத்தே கொண்டது. அப்படியான ஊரில் பெரும்பாலனா இளம் வயதினருடன் நேற்றும், எனக்கு பழக கிடைத்தது. அப்போதுதான் பதிவின் தலைப்பாக இருக்கும் மேற்படி சந்தேகமும் எனக்கு வர காரணமாகியது.

மேற்படி சந்தேகம் நேற்று ஓரளவு வர காரணமாகிய இடம் நேற்று அங்கு இடம்பெற்ற கிரிக்கெட் சுற்று போட்டி. அங்கு கிட்டதட்ட பாடசாலை விடுமுறை என்பதனால், பெரும்பாலும் பலரும் வந்து கலந்து கொண்டிருந்தனர். எங்கள் அணிக்கான போட்டி வரும்வரை காத்து கொண்டிருக்கையில், நமது அணியிலிருந்த ஒரு அண்ணா தனது சைனிஸ் போனில் யுவனின் காதல் சொல்ல வந்தேன் பாடல்களை சத்தமாக போடா தொடங்கினார். அந்த படத்தின் பாடல்கள் அருமைதான் ஆனாலும், எனக்கு ரகுமானின் எந்திரன் பாடல்கள் கொஞ்சம் கூடவே பிடித்திருந்தமையால், அந்த பாடல்களை போடுமாறு கோரிக்கை விடுத்தேன். அந்த அண்ணா, என்னை ஒருமுறை பார்த்து விட்டு, எந்திரன் பாடலில் அப்படி என்ன விளங்குது உனக்கு? யுவன்ட காதல் பாடல்களை கேட்டு பாருடா! என்று சொன்னார். அவர் மட்டுமா சொன்னார்? அணியிலிருந்த பலரும் பிறகு இதை பற்றியே கதைக்க தொடங்கினர். அதில் பெரும்பாலானவர்கள் யுவனின் இசையால் கவரபட்டு இருந்தார்கள். எந்திரன் இசை எனது சில இணைய நண்பர்களுக்கே பிடிக்காது இருந்த காரணத்தினால், அவர்களிடம் உங்களுக்கு ரகுமானின் விண்ணை தாண்டி வருவாயா?, சிவாஜி பாடல்கள் பிடிக்க வில்லையா? என்று கேட்டேன். பலருக்கு "ஹோசானா" பாடல் தவிர வேறு ஏதும் பிடிக்க வில்லை என்றவர்கள், சிவாஜி பாடல்கள் நல்ல ஆட்டம் போடக் கூடிய பாடல் மற்றது தலைவர்(நடிப்பில்) நடித்து ஸ்டைலில் கலக்கி இருப்பதால் கேட்டோம் அல்லது பார்த்தோம் என்று சொன்னார்கள். எனக்கு பெரிய ஆச்சரியம்!

சரி குறுகிய சிலருக்கு இப்படி இருக்கலாம் என்ற எண்ணத்தில் விளையாட வந்த பலரிடம் கேட்டு பார்த்தேன். அதை விட பெரிய ஆச்சரியம் அவர்களுக்கு காத்திருந்தது. ரகுமான் காதல் பாடல்களை விட தங்களுக்கு யுவனின் காதல் பாடல்களே இப்போதைய நிலையில் பிடித்து இருப்பதாக சொன்னார்கள். (அதாவது நான் கேட்டது கடைசியாக யுவன்,ரகுமான் இசை அமைத்த 5 படங்களை அடிப்படையாக கொண்டு,). ஆனால், யாரும் தங்களுக்கு ரகுமானை பிடிக்கவில்லை என்று சொல்லவே இல்லை. ஆனால், அவர்களின் முதல் தெரிவுகளில் ரகுமானை அவர்கள் உட்கொண்டு வரவில்லை. எனக்கு இது கொஞ்சம் ஏமாற்றம்தான். நான் யுவன்-ரகுமான் இருவரை ரசித்து வந்தாலும், ரகுமானின் அடிமைதான். இதுதான் எனது ஏமாற்றத்துக்கு காரணமோ? என்று இரவு பொழுது முழுதும் சிந்தித்து கொண்டிருந்தேன்.

அடுத்த நாள் காலைப்பொழுதில் ஒரு அந்திரேட்டி வீட்டுக்கு செல்ல வேண்டிய நிர்ப்பந்தம். அங்கும் சென்று எனது மனம் இதையே சிந்தித்து கொண்டிருந்தது. அந்த ஊரின் முக்கிய நபர ஒருவரது அந்திரேட்டி சடங்கு நடைபெற்றதால் பெருப்பாலானோர் வந்திருந்தனர். பலதரபட்ட நபர்கள் வந்திருந்தார்கள். பலர் எனக்கு அறிமுகமில்லாத தரப்பினர். எனது மனதில் ரகுமானை அவ் இளையதரப்பினருக்கு ஏன் முதன்மை தெரிவாக இருக்கவில்லை என்ற எண்ணம் சுழன்று கொண்டே இருந்தது. இறுதியில் முடிவு பன்னி அந்த சடங்கு வீட்டுக்கு வந்த அறிமுகம் இல்லாத பெரும்பாலனோரிடம் கூட உங்களுக்கு இப்போது இருக்கும் இசையமைப்பாளர்களில் யாரை பிடிக்கும்? என்ற முதன்மை கேள்விகளுடன் சில துணை கேள்விகளையும் கேட்க தொடங்கிவிட்டேன். அறிமுகமில்லாத பலர் என்னை முதலில் ஒருமாதிரியாக பார்த்தாலும், கேள்விகளுக்கு பதில் சொல்ல தவறவில்லை. அங்கு வந்த இளம்,நடுத்தர தரப்பினரிடமே மேற்படி கேள்விகளை கேட்டு வைத்தேன்.

வந்த பதில்கள் ஆச்சரியமானவைதான். ஒரு சிலரை தவிர, மற்றையவர்களின் பதிலாக வந்தது யுவன்தான். அடுத்து ரஹுமான் இருந்தாலும், புதிதாக ஹரிஸ் ஜெயராஜ் மற்றும் இளையராஜா இணைந்து இருந்தார்கள். எல்லோரும் சொன்னதன் சாராம்சம் யுவனின் இசைக்கு ஏற்றது போல பாடல் வரிகளும் (யுவனை அவர்களுக்கு பிடிக்க காரணம் அவர் பயன்படுத்தும் பாடலாசிரியர்கள்தான்) மிக எளிமையாக கவர்ந்திளுப்பதாக சொன்னார்கள். ரகுமானின் பல பாடல் வரிகளுக்கு அர்த்தம் அறிவதே கடினம் என்று வெளிப்படையாக சிலர் சொன்னார்கள். அதாவது அவர்கள் தங்களுக்கு என்று வகைபடுத்தி வைத்திருக்கும் எளிமை தன்மையை ரகுமானிடம் காணமுடியவில்லை என்று சொன்னார்கள்.

எனக்கு உண்மையிலேயே என்ன முடிவுக்கு வருவது என்றே தெரியவில்லை. இவர்களுக்கு ரகுமானை பிடிக்க வைக்க ரகுமான் பயன்படுத்தும் பாடல்லாசிரியர்களை மாற்றுவதா? இல்லை இவர்களுக்கு ரகுமானை புரிந்து கொள்ள மேலதிகமாக இவர்கள் எதையும் அதிகரிப்பதா? இப்படி நான் சிந்திக்க காரணம், ரஹுமான் இசையை முதன்மை தெரிவாக சொன்னவர்கள் வந்திருத தரப்பினரில் கொஞ்சம் படித்த பல்கலைகழகம் செல்பவர்கள், தகுதியான நிறைந்தார் வேலை /தனியார் நிறுவனத்தில் பணி புரிபவர்களா இருந்தார்கள். இதுதான் ரகுமானை புரிந்து கொள்ள ஏதும் தேவை இருக்கிறதா? என நான் சிந்திக்க காரணம்.

என் பதிவை வாசிக்க கூடிய நண்பர்களே! நீங்கள் சொல்லுங்கள் உண்மையில் ரகுமானை பிடித்திருக்க இசையை ரசிக்க கூடிய ஒரு தன்மை போதும்தானே? இல்லை வேறு ஏதும் தேவையா? கண்டிப்பாக இதை வாசிக்கும் நண்பர்கள் கண்டிப்பாக் ஆண்கள் கருத்துக்களை சொல்லுங்கள். அனானியாக வந்து சொன்னால் கூட பரவாயில்லை. கருத்துகளை பதிவு செய்யாது போகவே வேண்டாம்!

http://anuthinan0.blogspot.com/2010/08/ar.html

A.ANAND
28th August 2010, 10:24 AM
Music cleanses the soul: Rahman

a.r.rahman talks to TOI about the language of universe and love that's also his connect to God.

I am often asked about my favourite composition and whether I consider Jai Ho to be my best work so far. I think that it's not so much to do with it being the best, but with it being the best at that moment in the film. It's instances like these that make me believe in the power of universe. And when the right things happen at the right time, is when your faith in something is reinforced many times more.

Music is powerful too, because it does what no religion or politics has been able to do... It brings together people and unites them. You will never see a music-lover have favourites based on the singer's religion or the language. Music is the language of universe and love. It connects a person to the soul and this soul to other souls. So, I believe in the divinity of music. I also believe in Sufism and that the music has the power to cleanse the soul. So, am I religious? Yes. Am I spiritual? Yes. There's God in each one of us, no matter what the religion and I respect that divinity present in each one of us. When I pray, it's not only for myself. I pray for peace for everyone.

I am also a firm believer in destiny. But more than destiny, I believe in prayers. I feel that prayers coming from a pure heart can actually change the destiny. I have seen it happen. It's true that you also need to put in your sincerity and hard work, but it's meaningless if there's hatred and contempt in heart for your fellow beings.

I also believe in karma. When you do good and think good, there're bound to be good things happening in your life too. The good wishes you earn in this lifetime are the real awards. Good work may or may not get you the awards, but you will always reap the benefits of good wishes, that's the real reward!

ajaybaskar
28th August 2010, 11:00 AM
ARR T shirts on sale

T-shirt Design | order procedure | Shipping detail
Design -1 [F] - http://tinyurl.com/24una9o
Design -1 - http://tinyurl.com/29s325l
Design -2 [F] - http://tinyurl.com/2fg3dwl

colours: white,yellow,blue,green
SIZE : [ S ] [ M ] [ L ] [ XL ] [ XXl ]

The cost of the T-shirt is : Rs.350 + shipping cost -/-

How to Order?

Those who are interested kindly drop a mail to vithurm@gmail.com with the following details

Mail subject : Need ARR T-shirt 2

Name :

Size :

Quantity :

Design:

Mailing address:

Shipping details

Once you have sent these details the payment process and the delivery method will be intimated to you via mail.

The preferred Payment process is online Transfer. The shipping will be carried out using courier service and this cost will need to be undertaken by you.

A.ANAND
28th August 2010, 12:06 PM
malaysia-la kedaikka vaippu irukka? :)

ajaybaskar
28th August 2010, 12:30 PM
Pls check it, Anand sir.. Mail Vithur and ask the same. There shud be some option...

A.ANAND
28th August 2010, 12:45 PM
Pls check it, Anand sir.. Mail Vithur and ask the same. There shud be some option...

thanx bro! :D

A.ANAND
28th August 2010, 01:11 PM
[tscii:a52581989a]Rahman¡¯s CWG song today
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, August 28, 2010]

After a few changes in the tune and the lyrics, the much awaited and much delayed anthem of the Commonwealth Games, composed by Oscar-Grammy winner A R Rahman, is ready for release today.

According to a statement by the Organising Committee of the Games, the music maestro will be performing the whole song at the first hearing on Saturday. Rahman has inserted the word ¡®India¡¯ a few more times in the lyrics and made the tempo peppier, sources said.

It may be recalled Rahman had earlier crooned the opening lines of the song at an event in New Delhi, saying that the song still needed some work before he could unveil it. ¡°When you hear the song you feel like India is calling you. I want the crowd to sing along,¡± he said.

He added: ¡°We have put in a lot of hard work and we are all very excited to turn it into a memorable experience. I am curious to know how older, intelligent people, who have years of wisdom, will react to it. The song is dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi, the father of this great nation.¡±

[/tscii:a52581989a]

ajaybaskar
28th August 2010, 01:21 PM

I have ordered for the 1st design

satissh_r
28th August 2010, 02:05 PM

Mighty confused to pick between 1 and 3, will decide soon and mail Vithur :)

A.ANAND
28th August 2010, 02:07 PM

WOW!:thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
28th August 2010, 02:08 PM

:shock:

There r only 2 designs brother... the 2nd pic is the rear side of the 1st design...

satissh_r
28th August 2010, 02:15 PM

:shock:

There r only 2 designs brother... the 2nd pic is the rear side of the 1st design...

Oh :roll: words in the 3rd picture is tempting me to take it but thalaivars picture in 1st equally inviting :)

jinju
28th August 2010, 06:14 PM
just watched ARR performing for the theme song in CNN IBN...liked it...any links available already :wink: ? ajay saaar? :P

Yathu
28th August 2010, 06:17 PM
2010 Commonwealth theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R640N15lEEA

Not fully loading for me at the moment. I think it's just been uploaded.

A.ANAND
28th August 2010, 07:03 PM
AR Rehman unveils CWG theme song

http://www.ndtv.com/news/videos/video_player.php?id=160718

jpkash
28th August 2010, 07:20 PM
Listen Here:

http://soundcloud.com/arrahman/cwg-theme-song

Just listened it at once. I liked it at first hearing. One of his best!!!

Yathu
28th August 2010, 07:49 PM
Listen Here:

http://soundcloud.com/arrahman/cwg-theme-song

Just listened it at once. I liked it at first hearing. One of his best!!!

LOVE IT! Starts of with a sort of African sound. The sitar, the dhol all brought a smile to my face. A burst of energy has come over me! :2thumbsup:

A.ANAND
29th August 2010, 01:46 PM
asusual rocking!
:clap:

user comment!woooow! :clap: :thumbsup:

A.ANAND
29th August 2010, 02:03 PM
V K Malhotra not impressed with Rahman's CWG theme song

http://www.ndtv.com/article/sports/v-k-malhotra-not-impressed-with-rahman-s-cwg-theme-song-47974

A.ANAND
29th August 2010, 05:08 PM
[tscii:dd5a8dbbfb]
Commonwealth Games theme song by A R Rahman full of energy and winning spirits

To enthuse with the passion and fervor for Commonwealth Games 2010 in the countrymen of India, Commonwealth Games theme song was launched at sparkling event in Kingdom of Dreams, Gurgaon on Saturday. It signals that the most awaited international event of the year is about to begin. The countdown has begun with this launch and soon the time will come when India will be honored while being host for Commonwealth nations. And truly with the release of CWG anthem enthusiasm and zeal for CWG can be seen much more clearly.

Commonwealth Games theme song was launched by AR Rahman when he performed the song on stage with the group of dancers. The song goes like that-¡°Oh Yaaro! India Bula Liya¡±, it seems as if Rahman is calling all the players of 71 nations worldwide to come in India and play to their hearts. The words ¡°Jiyo, Utho, Badho, Jeeto¡± remind you not to give up. It fills you with energy and vigor; and motivates you to come first and be the victor. It is really catchy song that will get the audiences hook up with it very soon. It is also being compared to Shakira¡¯s ¡°Waka Waka¡± that is very obvious for Oscar winning AR Rahman. It is very Indian song with the fine blend of national and international languages that is Hindi and English.

AR Rahman¡¯s composition was appreciated by Suresh Kalmadi, chairman, Commonwealth Games organising committee. He said that the theme song has given the real stimulus to CWG 2010. He also expressed his confidence in the theme song to be huge success. Also CWG 2010 will be one step ahead of even Beijing Olympics so far as its success is concerned. The event was graced by Chief Ministes of Delhi and Haryana, Sheila Dikshit and Bhoopinder Singh Hooda.

¡°Oh Yaaro! India Bula Liya¡± is the outcome of earnest
and intense labor of six months of AR Rahman. He was privileged with this assignment six months back and the song sings of his pure dedication and sincerity. He feels honored that he is being chosen for composing the anthem. The launch of the song got delayed as GoM had asked him to tweak it little bit. However, it is now ready to rock the spirits of sportsmanship among the players all around the world.

http://ic-technews.com/entertainment/550-commonwealth-games-theme-song-is-full-of-energy-and-winning-spirits

[/tscii:dd5a8dbbfb]

A.ANAND
29th August 2010, 05:09 PM
Musical Call of A.R Rahman: Commonwealth Games 2010 Theme Song

The legendry music composer A.R Rahman was in the limelight. He composed the XIX Commonwealth Games 2010 theme song.

Jiyo Utho Bado Jeeto the meanings of these words are (Live, Rise, Ascend,Win) are the legendary words of this theme song.

Mr. Rahman made his musical call for the forthcoming Common Wealth Games in Delhi in 2010. He sang the musical composition at a glittering function at Gurgaon hosted by Mrs. Sheila Dixit Chief Minister of Delhi & chairman of Organizing Committee Games 2010 and Chief Minister of Haryana Mr.Bhupinder Singh Hooda.

Many other prominent personalities presided over the function. Common Wealth Games 2010 theme song was full of inspiration, energy and intense vibration.

Mr. Rahman called to the audience and all players of Common Wealth Games to make a rise, approach and win. His call got a good response with claps, whistles and sound applauds as a sign of appreciation to his song.

http://www.blogmera.com/musical-call-of-a-r-rahman-commonwealth-games-2010-theme-song/558/

A.ANAND
29th August 2010, 05:53 PM
[tscii:512853ff33]CWG Theme downloaded more than 7,000 times in 2 hours

Rahman unveils Games theme song
Rumu Banerjee | TNN

New Delhi: Within two hours of the song being released on Saturday, the AR Rahman composition for the Commonwealth Games 2010 had been downloaded more than 7,000 times. A hit? Definitely, as far as Suresh Kalmadi and the rest of the organising committee members are concerned.
When Rahman released the theme song ¡ª written, composed and sung by him ¡ª on Saturday evening, Kalmadi and the VIPs who attended the function must have heaved a sigh of relief ¡ª finally, something was going right. While the song may have a slow pace ¡ª as pointed out by some of the CWG fans on a social networking site where the song has been uploaded ¡ª the emotion in it is spot-on. As Rahman croons ¡°Khelo, jeeyo, hey-o, let¡¯s go¡±, the rousing chorus takes the song forward, managing to convey what the OC and the Delhi government haven¡¯t been able to till date ¡ª a sense of ownership of the games.
Predictably, Rahman refused to talk much about the song, except for saying that he had been working on it for the past six months and was tweaking it even last night. He preferred the song to speak for itself ¡ª as was evident from the string of comments that started hitting the Facebook page of the Commonwealth Games 2010. Mostly in Hindi, the song is an exhortation to Indians to come forward for the games, starting with the salutation: ¡°Yaaro, India bula liya.¡¯¡¯ And while the music video is yet to be unveiled, Saturday¡¯s song release, with its accompanying visuals and dramatic symbolization on stage was certainly exciting.
Senior OC officials claimed the song, which will be put up on the Commonwealth Games 2010 website, will be available for sale in CD format. However, free downloads are not officially available.

[/tscii:512853ff33]

A.ANAND
29th August 2010, 05:59 PM
Hi,
i'm frm Coimbatore..
i just want to share my happy moments..
Since My Friend(Girl) participated in "Inter School & College Dance Competition 2010" held @ R.S.Puram Kalaiaragam, Coimbatore Yesterday (28-AUG-2010).. i went(to watch) & support her..
offcourse she is also Rahmanji fan..
Her group danced for 'Kata Kata' frm 'Raavan'..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoC2uZJtJR0

The Big Surprise is, almost all the college students danced for Rahmanji songs..
Some School Students & College Students performed for 'Robo Chitti Dance Showcase' frm 'Endhiran'.
it was amazing to hear it in High Bass & Sound.
All most 90% songs were Rahmanji's..
Azeem-O-Shaan Shahenshah - Jodha Akbar
Maiya Maiya - Guru (A Girl got First prize for this song in solo categ.)
Chinna Chinna Aasai - Roja
Konchum Nilavu - Thiruda Thiruda
No Problem - Love Birds
Kappaleri Poyaachu - Indian
Poo Pookkum - Minsara Kanavu
Taal Se Taal Mila - Taal
Fanna - Aaiyutha Azhuthu
Ellaappugazhum - A T M
Vellai Pookkal - Kanathil Muthamital
Monalisa Monalisa - Mr.Romeo
Vandhe Matharam
Hosanna - Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaaya
Boom Boom Robo Da - Endhiran
Chitti Dance Showcase - Endhiran
Especially one School Group(above 10 yrs) performed for 'Tamil Semmozhi Manadu Anthem'.. Amazing performance by them..
Last but not Least..
JAI HO - 60 % participant fusion songs ends with JAI HO..
And lot more songs.. but i didn't remember bcoz of tiredness
i went in morning 11 & planned to return @ 1'o clock..
But Surprisingly, Rahmanji song came one after another.. so i stayed ther till 10.30pm.. i danced n shouted wth my frnds to all Rahmanji Songs..
After 11 and half hours only i felt Hungry n Tiredness..

The whole program ll be telecast in "Channel One Kaavya" from 06-SEP-2010 at every 10pm to 10.30pm..
..Don't Miss it..

source;arrfyg

this is the answer to http://anuthinan0.blogspot.com/2010/08/ar.html

raghavendran
30th August 2010, 09:05 AM
ANAND 8-)

A.ANAND
30th August 2010, 11:17 AM
[tscii:8c3dcd6445]Rahman makes a new record
IndiaGlitz [Monday, August 30, 2010]

Creating records is not a new thing for A R Rahman. He did it once again on Saturday when the theme song composed by him for the Common Wealth Games was released at a glittering ceremony in New Delhi.

If one has to go by reports, within two hours of the song¡¯s release, it was downloaded more than 7,000 times. As Rahman croons ¡®Khelo, jeeyo, hey-o, let's go¡*¡¯, the rousing chorus takes the song forward, thereby giving an emotional appeal.

On Saturday, the Oscar-Grammy winner sung the song for around five minutes in front of a gathering which included Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, her Haryana counterpart Bhupinder Singh Hooda and CWG Organising Committee Chairman Suresh Kalmadi.

¡°I feel honoured to get the opportunity to compose the theme song for the mega-event. It was not an easy task. I had started composing it six months ago and finished just last night,¡± the Mozart of Madras said.

A beaming Kalmadi hailed the launch of the theme song as a good beginning to the hosting of successful Games. ¡°A well beginning is the half job done. Now onwards you will listen this song day in and day out,¡± he said.

[/tscii:8c3dcd6445]

ajaybaskar
30th August 2010, 05:28 PM
ARR T shirts on sale

Chennai Rahmaniacs interested in buying the T shirts can contact Vithur directly and get the same in person. He is put up in KK Nagar. PM me for his mobile no...

ajaybaskar
1st September 2010, 11:18 AM
[tscii:2b5037cb05]Met fellow Rahmaniac Vithur yesterday. Got the T shirt as well.. I was very moved to know that he has been doing the food distribution for the poor and needy for quite some time outside AM Studios every Sunday. A very humble and friendly person he was.. Thalaivan evvazhiyo thondanum avvaazhi enbadharku oru udhaaranam.

The T shirt is damn good. So is the material. I bought the first design. Came to know that the money is going to b spent for a good cause… So now I've decided to buy the 2nd design too..
[/tscii:2b5037cb05]

lancelot
1st September 2010, 12:18 PM
am not in India, wonder if there is any chance i can get a T-shirt?

A.ANAND
1st September 2010, 12:20 PM
[tscii:fc3abaa237]Met fellow Rahmaniac Vithur yesterday. Got the T shirt as well.. I was very moved to know that he has been doing the food distribution for the poor and needy for quite some time outside AM Studios every Sunday. A very humble and friendly person he was.. Thalaivan evvazhiyo thondanum avvaazhi enbadharku oru udhaaranam.

The T shirt is damn good. So is the material. I bought the first design. Came to know that the money is going to spent for a good cause… So now I've decided to buy the 2nd design too..
[/tscii:fc3abaa237]

:thumbsup: ajay!!! :D kudiya seekram thalaivar studio kulla kaaladi vekka poringga! :lol: :clap:

ajaybaskar
1st September 2010, 12:22 PM
Edho unga vaai muhurtham balichchaa sari.. :-)

A.ANAND
1st September 2010, 12:24 PM
Rahman to recompose his CWG song

His romance with the West may be peaking, but AR Rahman's Indian run seems to have run into a bit of rough weather. His theme track for the Commonwealth Games (CWG) has not gone down well with both fans and politicians.

While the song's online popularity is nowhere near that of Shakira's Waka Waka, which he had famously claimed his tune would surpass, politicians and CWG officials now want the Rs 5 crore-track "recomposed".

Swagatham aka Jiyo Utho Bado Jeeto is a mid-tempo song sung by Rahman with distortion guitars, bhangra beats, very 70's style sitar riffs and a bit of English rap thrown in.

However, the composition, which critics say has neither the pace nor the punch of Waka Waka, or the rousing quality of Maa Tujhe Salaam, has disappointed.

Ever since he posted links to the tracks on his social networking pages, Rahman has been flooded with unsavoury comments. "We expected something better," is the general refrain while others have been kind enough to say, "It will grow on you."

Though experts say with more promotional activities the track it is likely to pick up, the CWG committee is unhappy with the result. Soon after the launch of the track on August 28, Vijaykumar Malhotra, board member of CWG organising committee (OC) claimed, "We had expected a better song from a composer of Rahman's status. He has given some very good songs like Maa Tujhe Salaam but this song is not that impressive."

Former sports minister Shahnawaz Hussain said, "I respect Rahman for what he has achieved but the track simply does not excite me.

No one in the OC likes it except perhaps Suresh Kalmadi. It is nowhere close to Waka Waka and has failed to lift the sagging spirits of the CWG."

Hussain said he was provoked to demand a re-composition of the theme track only because Lalit Bhanot, organising secretary of the CWG kept insisting that people would begin liking Swagatham if they keep listening to it. "Either it is good music or bad. There is no middle way to evaluate the appeal of a Rs 5 crore track, he can surely re-compose it," said the Bhagalpur MP.

At the same Delhi's political circuit is buzzing with questions over why Rahman was given the sole responsibility to compose the theme track. "Not all Rahman scores become a hit, do they?" say sources requesting anonymity.

Incidentally, the launch of the theme song was delayed as the OC had asked Rahman to make changes. "I think it won't be good to release the theme song without making the necessary changes," Rahman had earlier said.

Veteran jazz musician Louis Banks who has composed several theme tracks for popular shows and events, says, "Rahman's work has always been controversial. But if you are truly inspired, it takes ten minutes to compose a tune. Given that it took him six months to compose it, I guess something must have gone wrong somewhere!"

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/music/Rahman-to-recompose-his-CWG-song/articleshow/6472471.cms

A.ANAND
1st September 2010, 12:48 PM
Dir. SureshKrishna about AR Rahman in a tamil radio show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdQzoPI4CXQ

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: thalaiva! :2thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
1st September 2010, 12:49 PM
Now that its becoming ugly, I would prefer ARR to withdraw from this project. They are politicizing this and i dont want ARR to be the scapegoat.

A.ANAND
1st September 2010, 01:16 PM
yes!200% true!thitamitta sathi ithu!intha murai ivana eppadiyachum kavuthudanum innu kanganam katti politician and media-ya support oda arajagam kadukuthu! :banghead: intha songs-la enna kora kangangga inu theriyala! :huh:

pora pokka patta CG-la india oru gold medal vanggama ponathukku kuda rahman theme song-than karanam innu solluvangga pola! :twisted:

A.ANAND
1st September 2010, 01:52 PM
[tscii:6e7f57fee5]Jiyo utho…’ targets young generation: CWG lyricist Mehboob

“Jiyo Utho Bado Jeeto”… the Commonwealth Games official song exhorts youngsters to live, rise, ascend, win and play the game without malice, says lyricist Mehboob who brainstormed with music maestro A.R. Rahman for six months before coming up with the final version.

Mehboob’s brief for the song was simple — it should be targeted at youth and bring out the essence of India and sportsmanship.

“If you hear the song, you will see how we have used words to give this song the punch and feel it required. The title of the song ‘Jiyo Utho Bado Jeeto’ means live, rise, ascend, win in English and such words are very catchy. So while writing we have kept the young generation in mind,” Mehboob told IANS in an interview from Mumbai.

Apart from this, the song has lines such as “Milap ho to khel mein bada mail hai” (If you have harmony in the game, there is fun to enjoy it). Explaining the meaning, Mehboob said: “The line conveys the idea that if a game is played without malice, it is the best way to do it.”

There are interesting lines like “Josh hona chahiye dhakka na maro”, meaning the conduct of the game should be fair and one should play the sport with fervour.

Mehboob and Rahman go a long way back. Be it “Rangeela” or “Vande Mataram”, the two have produced all kinds of music together.

So will this song be as popular as their patriotic song “Maa Tujhe Saalam” from their album “Vande Mataram” to commemorate 50 years of India’s independence in 1997?

“Well, first of all, it is a matter of pride and honour for me to get the opportunity to write the lyrics of this song. Then, I am sure the song will definitely reach out to everyone,” said Mehboob.

“I am sure, music and sport lovers will enjoy this song as much as like our previous songs,” he added.

It took them six months to finish the CWG song, which involved a bit of travelling as Rahman sits in Chennai and Mehboob in Mumbai.

Mehboob had to postpone plans for his directorial venture “Ek Minute” for the CWG song.

He doesn’t reveal much about the project and says he will talk about it when the time is right. As of now, all he wants to do is hum “Jiyo Utho Bado Jeeto”.

Talking about his relationship with Rahman, he said: “We share a comfort level and have no ego problems. Apart from this, our first film together, ‘Rangeela’, was a huge hit. Ever since, we have worked on several film projects together. I feel ours is a give-and-take relationship.”

“Over these years, we have become more of brothers and are a family. So, that chemistry reflects in our music,” he added.

Besides “Rangeela”, the two have worked together on several film projects like “Bombay”, “Doli Saja Ke Rakhna”, “Daud”, “Yuva” “Thakshak” and “Dil Hi Dil Mein”.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/jiyo-utho-targets-young-generation-cwg-lyricist-mehboob_100421391.html

[/tscii:6e7f57fee5]

music man
1st September 2010, 06:42 PM
yes!200% true!thitamitta sathi ithu!intha murai ivana eppadiyachum kavuthudanum innu kanganam katti politician and media-ya support oda arajagam kadukuthu! :banghead: intha songs-la enna kora kangangga inu theriyala! :huh:

pora pokka patta CG-la india oru gold medal vanggama ponathukku kuda rahman theme song-than karanam innu solluvangga pola! :twisted:

Its all planned to bring Rahman down...Usually Rahman's tracks will not sound 100% inspiring on first listen....

எனக்கு என்னமோ இந்த பாட்டு கேட்ட உடனே பிடித்து விட்டது...

Very good tune, great distortion guitars,sitar riffs, powerful bass..last bhangra very good.....It has a nice hook line to it....

If they are not satisfied with the song, they should not have released it...They should have discussed with ARR regarding this...

After releasing with much fun fare and then stabbing him back saying that the song is not worth the money is truly idiotic...After all they are politicians...Right???

Then, its also strange, that ARR took 6 months to complete it...But the end result is good only...Why they are lamenting about it...??

For a single track.... 5 crores??? Its too much ARR...I think our ARR must have the guts to refuse a project if he is not interested...

There are lot of guys outside to compose such stuff...ARR has to be choosy...At one side, the music for John Abraham's hindi movie and his re recording for Komaram Puli was delayed due to his international commitments and on the other side, he is on his Jai Ho Tour...Suddenly, there is 127 hours and another international assignment and his fate of Sultan the Warrior is well..... only known to him...I think he is into too many projects..Very very unrahmanish....

raghavendran
1st September 2010, 06:44 PM
Now that its becoming ugly, I would prefer ARR to withdraw from this project. They are politicizing this and i dont want ARR to be the scapegoat.this is an insult..who r these guys to say this :evil: